Supercoach Ruck Structure Poll

THE BIG BLOKES OF SUPERCOACH

We only have three slots for these magnificent big blokes on the field of SuperCoach battle, but they take up more than their fair of discussion every preseason.

Sandilands stuffed his calf last week. Until then the Gawn and Sandilands combination could be found in every other team getting around the internets.

So folks – is it back to a set & forget combination for you in 2017, or are you still looking for value in R2? Are there those among us with the testicular fortifications to head into Round 1 without the Gawn Beast?

Essential Ruck insights:

There are two articles in the 2017 The 2017 Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Magazine laser focussed on ruck mastery. Both will absolutely change the way you look at rucks in 2017.

•  SuperCoach 2013 winner John Bruyn will open your eyes to a whole new level of possibility with his brilliant piece on Ruck Strategy.
  • The impacts of the Death of the Third Man Up will shock and enlighten you.
  • They’re hitting mailboxes around the country now so snag one here while you can!
  • Click here to see what people who already have theirs are saying.

RIGHTO – onto the big blokes:

What is your current RUCK structure?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Who is currently at R1 & R2 in your lineup?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

DEFENCE STRUCTURE POLL

MIDFIELD STRUCTURE POLL

FORWARD STRUCTURE POLL

What are your 2017 SuperCoach RUCK structure musings?

Kev · 06/02/2017 at 10:53

Set and forget Gawn and Grundy with Cameron at R3. He's in the frame for a few games early if he can show a bit in the JLT games.

Absolutely frothing for the mag. The postie around my area has been known to bugger off if it's raining a bit. The bastard better show up!

Damien · 06/02/2017 at 11:32

Exactly what I have. Set and forget.

Saundo · 06/02/2017 at 12:04

That's what we all said last year with Goldy and Stefan

Matthew Crowe · 06/02/2017 at 16:30

Same as well , Past years have seen me waste trades on the rucks but last year the Gawn/Goldy Combo was tight . Goldy is still a maybe for me with Strnadica on the pine ( loophole ) and Paddy in my FWD line !

Ross · 06/02/2017 at 11:28

DEF:Adams,Laird,Carlisle,Thurlow,Schaenberg,Hibberd (Ryan,Stewart)
MID:Danger,Ablett,Kennedy,Treloar,T.Mitchell,Beams,Swallow,Freeman (Powell-Pepper,Myers,Graham)
RUCK:Gawn,Grundy (Strnadica)
FWD:Dahlhaus,Heeney,Bennell,Hrovat,Hoskin-Elliott,Pickett (Rioli,Eddy,

Thoughts on the team guys any improvements let me know
Thankssssss

Gatt · 06/02/2017 at 11:38

Carlisle isn't going to be any good for fantasy football never has been, and Hoskin elliot is a trap he hasn't ever proven anything Jamie Elliot or hrovat must better options

Big Boy Bob · 06/02/2017 at 16:01

Hrovat or roughy?

Abel · 06/02/2017 at 16:18

Both reasonable risks. Roughly for me. Maybe let bye structure decide for you?

ado · 06/02/2017 at 11:48

hey lads, just want to know your thoughts on my squad
docherty, t adams, joanisen, michael hibberd, bob murphy, scharneberg (berry, ryan)
danger, fyfe, titchell, beams, marc murphy, swallow, galluci, myers ( powell -pepper, mitch hibberd, graham)
grundy, ryder (eagles)
dahlhaus, macrae, bennell, roughead, mcCluggage, pickett (smith, eddy)

Jock Reynolds · 06/02/2017 at 11:56

Very bad team don't like it mate needs some work

John · 06/02/2017 at 12:40

peanut don't even try to be the great man you couldn't even tie his shoelaces!

Jock Reynolds · 07/02/2017 at 09:14

shut up john no one asked for your opinion "peanut"

MAC · 07/02/2017 at 09:14

Yeh john you twat

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 12:48

8 mid pricers might be a bit too much. you will run out of trades upgrading them all.

Redgumwon · 06/02/2017 at 12:54

Hey Derek I've set the Draft league up again. We hope you're still interested in coming back to defend the title. I'm still waiting on a couple more to join. The code is 432688

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 13:33

"defend the title"… i like the sound of that.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 13:33

do you have a classic league ?

Redgumwon · 06/02/2017 at 13:34

Yes the classic league code is 511665. I think you played in that last year as well

Rabbits16 · 07/02/2017 at 17:01

join up 524630 – my name is Swannies17 in that league

_BC_ · 06/02/2017 at 11:51

Gawn and Sandi if named rnd 1 still

Patch · 07/02/2017 at 00:02

With you BC. Sandi a monolith who cannot be ignored.

Papagayo · 06/02/2017 at 12:12

Gawn and Hickey (Strnadica)

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 12:15

I expect that combo to become more popular as the magazines are delivered

Cpt Awesome · 06/02/2017 at 12:55

Shhh. Keep hickey quiet

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 12:16

Anyone giving and love to Maric this year? Is he still injured? I can't find any info about him.

Tjd · 06/02/2017 at 12:30

What a pick if he got back to his 2015 standards! Very cheap. Is he injured? Not sure either.

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 13:00

He's is massively under priced if he is fit and playing. Those are 2 big ifs…..

Mickyb · 06/02/2017 at 12:38

Double check, but i think he was re-rookied by the tigers for the idea to play some games but transition into a ruck coach.

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 13:06

According to Wikipedia he is on the senior list. He's competing with Hampson and Nankervis for the number 1 ruck spot. Had a back injury last year that restricted him to 3 games but he's not currently on Richmond's injury list. Could be over $200k under priced so worth keeping an eye out in JLT.

Redgumwon · 06/02/2017 at 13:21

he's on the Richmond senior list here that looks to be updated for 2017

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 14:35

Yeah but I don't think he's going to get much game time. His profile has the words "transition into coaching". No for me.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 12:41

This year could see a big shift in the ruck role back to the way it was before the sub vest. I'm surprised it didn't happen last year, but it was just the first season after the vests were put away.

That change is more teams could go back to having two genuine Ruck men who will share the duties. Not many teams look like starting the year that way, but it may be the year that changes.

Prior to the sub rule, most clubs had two ruckmen. When the sub rule came in it was the extra ruckman who was sacrificed and most teams used a fwd/ruck type player. The 3rd man up rule became popular, Blicavs emerged and teams adapted like they always do.

Very few clubs stuck with the two Ruck men, Hawthorn was one that stayed with it and they won 3 flags doing it, oh well.

Prior to sub vest days, supercoachers looked for the few Lone Wolf ruckmen. There was Goldy, Cox, Maric, Sandi and Sauce Jacobs and they were Supercoach gold.

The hits to advantage scoring change and the deliberate out of bounds rules significantly changed the landscape for Ruckmen last year, so we couldn't really judge the effect of the abolishing of the sub rule had.

What was interesting was the TOG for nearly all ruckmen increased last year as they have every year since the vests were put away, instead of coming off for a rest and tag-teaming with the other ruckman like pre-sub days, they would "rest" in the forward line and the second string Fwd/Ruck with have a few minutes in the guts. as a result, most ruckmens averages didn't get affected as much as we thought because they were on the field longer. Average stoppages fell by 21% last year because of the deliberate out of bounds rule, so Ruckmen should have seen their SC scores fall. maybe this year we will see the affect of the no sub rule.

I think the no 3rd man up rule will significantly change the scoring of the ruck men and I can't wait to read the magazine, and this may again mask the affect of the Sub-rule, however clubs evolve to counter these things and it might be the death of the Lone Wolf Ruckman, and the start of the return to the days of two more nimble ruckman running the lone wolf ragged.

Teams who have a second ruckman waiting in the wings i would be weary of. Jacobs/O'Brien, Kreuzer/Phillips/Gorringe, Leue/TBC, sandi/Griffin, ZSmith/Stanley, Nicholls/Currie/Witts, Goldy/Daw, Ryder/Lobbe, Tippett/Naismith, Lycett/Giles/Vardy, campbell/Roughead.

Lone Wolf Rucks – Gawn, Grundy, Hickey, Mumford.

Just my thoughts….

Seeker · 06/02/2017 at 12:52

Derek this is superb.

Redgumwon · 06/02/2017 at 13:01

I don't mind Hickey and he could be one who could have a break out year. He has slowly improved each year except for the year he was second fiddle behind Longer.

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 13:03

No love for Stef Martin mate? I assume you forgot to put him in. Starting with Martin this year again. Played a lot of last year injured so hoping he gets back to his lofty standards of a couple years ago.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 13:30

Martin/ASmith…..

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 13:54

Fantastic work mate.

The Stiv · 06/02/2017 at 14:24

Mate you should write an article on it. Would be brilliant.

jockreynolds · 06/02/2017 at 15:41

Absolutely. Bloody. Brilliant insight & predictions here Derek. Hats off!

neil demons delight · 06/02/2017 at 20:31

gawn said his two biggest worries this year were grundy and hickey interesting

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:10

Fear the beards that the beard fears

Waz · 06/02/2017 at 21:16

Mumford/lobb.. MUmmy injured and lobb to improve

Jim_bob321 · 07/02/2017 at 17:35

What do u guys think of my team…… and possible improvements:
    Def: Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Johannisen, McGrath, Scharenberg (J.Berry,L.Ryan)
    Mid: Dangerfield, Sloane, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Beams, Powell-Pepper, Myers, Freeman (J.Pickett, A.Witherden, J.Graham)
    Rucks: Gawn, Sandilands (L.Strnadica)
    Fowards: Dahlhaus, Franklin, Heeney, Roughead, McCluggage, Bowes (M.McCarthy, B.Eddy)

Thanks

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 10:57

Looking nice Jim! Sandi and McGrath don't look like playing round 1, so keep an eye on them. Also i would pick someone like Macrae ahead of Buddy. Last year, buddy was so popular due to his low price, but imo i think 514k is too much for a forward who doesn't run through middle very much. Macrae gets a lot more midfield time which enhances scoring ability.
      You dont need to take my advice, just my opinion.
      Good luck!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2017 at 12:42

Two teams:

With Sandi/Gawn but will depend if we see Sandi at all in JLT. Still plenty of value but value no good if not on the ground. does allow me to run another fwd.

or

Gawn/Martin.

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 13:07

Gawn/Martin for me also Trigger. Did have the Sandi/Gawn pairing but said to myself any sign of niggles with Sandi during the pre-season, he would be dropped.

hedski · 06/02/2017 at 13:15

Yeah Gawn Stef for me, have Ryder at F3 ATM, will wait and see what port are doing with Lobbe before I commit to him though.
    Hope my magazine is waiting for me when I knock off.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2017 at 13:41

I'm with you brother – be nice to crack open a cold one and dive right in.

I N Pieman · 06/02/2017 at 15:53

I might even put Tinder on Do Not Disturb. I stress might

hedski · 06/02/2017 at 16:08

Fckn YES!!!!!
        Click goes the first can as I dive straight into it….will be a few more clicked yet!

johnno2908 · 06/02/2017 at 15:53

Problem with Gawn and Martin is they both have round 11 bye.

hedski · 06/02/2017 at 16:06

Ryder to cover

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 13:28

Hi all. I noticed some interest in Hickey above. Why the love for Hickey? He can go big but more often than not he under performs. 20 games last year and 11 scores below 80 with 8 of those scores below 70 doesn't lie. A lot of money to spend on someone who could possibly cost you more wins then losses during the season. Am I missing something with Hickey?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2017 at 13:42

I think higgo was big on him during a pod cast and said he would benefit more than most with the abolishment of the 3rd man up.

might be something in the mag along these lines also.

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 13:45

Cheers Trigger. Might need to go back and listen to some podcasts I must have missed. Should probably invest in the mag as well.

I N Pieman · 06/02/2017 at 14:12

I had a look t his numbers a while ago & put a line through him. Far too many low scores. But I will still read the magazine article & asses

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 14:29

for $60k more you can get Grundy

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 15:06

Given the points made in the magazine, I think Hickey is underpriced and will push his average to around 100 this season. With Nic Nat, Mumford and Sandi all injured to various degrees and question marks over how well the Goldy/Daw combo will work he's got to come into calculations. For me it's between Grundy and Hickey for R2.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 15:11

unless he can average OVER 100, he is not a keeper. won't really make much cash either.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 15:14

for me it is between Sandi and Grundy.

I prefer Sandi but his calf is now a worry. To fit Grundy in i downgraded Docherty to Mills and it doesn't look to bad.

Sandi & Docherty OR Grundy & Mills.

I N Pieman · 06/02/2017 at 15:19

Sandi & Doch & make sure you have some cover

Leeds17 · 07/02/2017 at 05:57

I'd go Hickey over (though not that likely to go either) think Hickey can bring his low scores up and has already shown the ability to go big, Grundy look's consistent but with the new rule I think he'll give away more free-kicks and he hasn't ever really gone big.

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 14:28

It's all in the magazine. Basically He's got a high hit out to advantage %, but averaged low number of HO per game when compared to the premo ruckmen. StK had the third highest number of HO via third man up in the league in 2016, so it speculates that Hickey will benefit from the changes to the third man up rule more than any other ruck. Plus his age, plus StK's emerging mid players means that he is primed for a breakout year.

I N Pieman · 06/02/2017 at 15:21

My only problem with players primed to break out is that 95% of the time it doesn't happen & your left with a mess

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 15:48

100% agree. The difference with Hickey is that his breakout is predicted mostly on the basis of a rule change rather than an assumption that he is going to dramatically improve his game. How much the new rule affects the rucks is something we should all focus on in the JLT.

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 15:56

I think all rucks will benefit from the changes. My interest is why StK had so many third man up hitouts. I would of thought if he was good they would not have utilised the third man up that much. IMO, the third man up was utilised by clubs to help out their weak ruckman. So i guess my worry is, will this help Hickey or will they need to bring in another ruck to help? Although ruck stocks at StK are slim.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 16:13

teams will work it out, they always do.

Hawthorn (lewis as 3rd man up), Cats (Blicavs MID/RUC), Dogs (extra player around the contests) all had weaker Ruckmen and had to come up with a plan to nullify the disadvantage.

there will be alot more sharking of other teams hit outs.

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 16:32

Agree Derek. Teams do work it out. So what will StK do with Hickey? Will he be good enough to go as the lone wolf and will StK midfield be good enough to nullify the other ruck if he is not? I guess my point is i think too many question marks over Hickey for me to entertain the spend when for a little bit more you can get Grundy and Martin.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 16:50

agree. if he was cheaper i would be looking at him

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 16:34

Also, another great article above. Great work

Jib Jib · 06/02/2017 at 16:31

Interesting question. He's got a high hit out to advantage percentage so he's not crap, maybe he's got a bad tank and they were just giving him a chop out?

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 16:57

Hi Jib. Never said he was cr…p mate. just curious why they utilised third man up so often. Also my advice doesnt need to be accepted considering i said the breakout player for 2016 would be Jack Steele. We all know how well my prediction went. But your reason above interests me.
          If he does in fact have a bad tank and now they cant help with the 3rd man up, what will Stk do to help him? My reasoning is above. Only my advice mate. Most grab at least 1 pod every year. Hickey could be yours and prove me wrong. Either way, wish you luck for the season.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 17:06

i haven't got magazine yet, but i was surprised when higgo said the saints were 3rd for using the third man up. i thought the same thing, why?

Jib JIb · 06/02/2017 at 17:27

Hey Holty. Sorry if I caused you any confusion or upset mate. I wasn't suggesting you were actually calling him crap, I was only pondering the reason why StK used the 3rd man up so much. For what it's worth I'm not totally sold on Hickey, I just play a little devil's advocate with players I'm considering to tease out other opinions.

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 19:52

All good mate. Not affended at all. This is what the community is about. Everyone has their own opinion and its good to hear different opinions. I should probably start using others opinion more considering the last 2 poor seasons ive had.

Kev · 06/02/2017 at 21:32

Had a read of the ruck article today and had a look at Hickey. My knock on him is that is he mobile enough? Compared to Grundy, similar TOG% (Hickey – 87.1. Grundy 84.6), but Grundy:

+5.2 for disposals
                +.9 for marks
                +1.2 tackles
                11 v 3 goals for the year

I can see Hickey improving this year just because of how the points will be distributed. He averaged 83.7 last year, you'd want at least 105 average from your R2. A 21 point increase is not impossible, but it's a big ask.

My problem with taking risks in the ruck is that if it blows up you've not got a lot of options to patch things up

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 23:37

Nice bit of info there. Thanks Kev.

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:21

Could be crap at reading the ball up/throw in, but be good at knowing positions and movement of his team when he does get his hand to it.

Too many unknowns for me, not a good price point to make the gamble worth it.

Lily · 10/02/2017 at 20:56

I like Madagasgar when they dont show the pegnsinu!!! The show used to be funny but now ut’s a dumb show. Bring back Alex the lion and marty the zebra! My new favorite show is spongebob!

insuring cars · 15/03/2017 at 20:36

Outstanding stuff Gregory, Insightful and prescient. Having read many of the referenced author’s works previously, I find your interpretation and merger of ideas coherent and fluid. Thank you for your tireless efforts to bring light to the shadows.

trent · 06/02/2017 at 13:54

nice jock good article

Harry Jenson · 06/02/2017 at 14:01

yeah

jockreynolds · 06/02/2017 at 15:42

Thanks trent – good man.

Cripp · 06/02/2017 at 14:31

Thoughts on a Grundy/Witts combination?

Would love to set and forget with Gawn/Grundy but thinking that money is better spent on midfield premos and look to upgrade Witts to Gawn later in the season. Starting midfield is currently: Danger, Pendles, Treloar, Rockliff, Bont, Fyfe, Heppell and Beams, aka the trouser arousal midfield.

Cheers 🙂

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 14:43

i don't think that Witts is any good.

I N Pieman · 06/02/2017 at 15:24

Now that's a robust midfield. Even if he has the ruck to himself I wouldn't expect a high Av from Witts. Maybe 75

Abel · 06/02/2017 at 16:32

I'm trying to look at Witts as a high rookie. I think he'll outscore and appreciate more than top 10 rookies. Fielding him allows upgrading to a premium on another line. Liking Ryder as cover, but unlikely to work for round 9 bye.

Stirlsy · 06/02/2017 at 15:35

Massive spend in the guts looks top heavy.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 16:03

i would get rid of Heppell or Beams for a better Ruckman

Tyruddanaut · 06/02/2017 at 16:54

Beams is out

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 17:03

even if you trade Beams to Swallow, gives you cash to get Sandi

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 11:07

Remember that midfield rookies usually score the highest, so i would use an M7-M8 for a rookie.

Tommo · 06/02/2017 at 15:05

Alright guys here is my team as it sits, would really appreciate any feedback you can give 🙂

DEF: S.Docherty, H.Shaw, R,Laird, H.Hartlett, L.Keefe, M.Scharenberg (E.Vickers-Willis, D.Keilty)

MID: Danger, DePendlebury, JPK, N.Fyfe, D.Heppell D.Swallow, SPP, D.Myers (C.Brown, S.Bolton, C.Maynard)

RUCK: B.Grundy, T.Hickey (L.Strndica)

FWD: Dahl, J.Macrea, P.Ryder, J.Roughead, H.McCluggage, J.Pickett (T.Smith, B.Eddy)

Any thoughts, tips or advice from you lovely ladies and gentlemen will be much appreciated

Tommo · 06/02/2017 at 15:06

Sorry, forgot I traded McCluggage to A.Black, thanks

Morrow · 06/02/2017 at 16:06

Looks good to me mate, not sure if Hartlett/Heppell are top 8-10 in their respective positions though. Not worthy of a spot IMO

neildemonsdelight · 06/02/2017 at 20:54

probably stepping stones for r 6 morrow cheers

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 11:11

Like it Tommo! Although if Berry from the lions plays round 1, bring him in instead of Keefe. Generally key defenders don't score very well and Berry is a DPP players who is a really hard runner and at 191cm, can play most positions.

Derek · 08/02/2017 at 11:48

Lions have another bloke on the rookie list, Barrett who is a mature aged hard running player, don't know that much about him but might get a game

Tommo · 08/02/2017 at 18:08

Only MID on SC though unlike Berry who has DPP (Mid-Def)

Stirlsy · 06/02/2017 at 15:33

Set and forget for me, The Killer G Men….. Gawn and Goldy
Messed around with the big guys early on with Martin and Sandi as it looked good value but as soon as Sandi went down that plan got thrown in the bin pretty damm quickly.
Still shaking my head at how many ppl are still going to roll the dice on Sandi huge risk even tho the calf is minor injury to much risk for me.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 15:59

if Gawn gets injured, who is Melbourne's backup ruck?

Holty · 06/02/2017 at 16:10

Bernie Vince? Good question. Is this supercoach related or just out of curiousity?

Wizard of Ertz · 06/02/2017 at 16:25

Spencer. Will only get game if Gawn is injured. Gawn a must because his only ruck competition from guys likely to get a game is Pederson and Watts

Abel · 06/02/2017 at 16:35

Pederson? Train well by all reports, but more a fwd than ruck.

neil · 06/02/2017 at 21:18

weideman maybe

neil · 06/02/2017 at 20:56

SPENCER Derek good tap ruckman will do well got a lot of c=== about him

Morrow · 06/02/2017 at 16:02

Set and forget rucks this year for mine, R1 should have Gawn locked in. I still reckon a fit Goldy is in the top two ruckmen in the game. You can speculate on Grundy/Martin but that's just what it is; speculation.

Any thoughts based around my team?

DEF:
Shaw, Rance, Laird, Scharenberg, Berry, Ryan (Stewart, Long)

MID:
Pendlebury, JPK, Selwood, Treloar, Fyfe, Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Myers (Freeman, Pickett, Graham)

RUCK:
Gawn, Goldy (Strnadica)

FWD:
Dahlhaus, Caddy, Heeney, Roughy, McCluggage, Bowes (Bolton, Eddy)

I've been basing it around durability and consistency as much I can which is why there is currently no Beams/Adams, Doch/Simmo/Macrae can all be R12 upgrade targets. I believe the rest can hold their weight until then.

Keenbutclueless · 06/02/2017 at 17:41

No Danger is definitely danger

SRivo · 06/02/2017 at 18:55

Good structures Morrow. Get Danger in at the expense of JPK or Treloar, and see if you can squeeze in McRae for Caddy?

fatboyfat7 · 06/02/2017 at 19:49

If he did that he'd be struggling at the R11 bye

neil · 06/02/2017 at 21:06

One of the best teams so far Morrow.solid def and rucks Forwards iffy hey but whose isn't.Just don't know about Caddy Roughy and Heeney but I have the 2 dogs and rooks great effort mate

Morrow · 06/02/2017 at 22:34

No Danger is danger, but at $725k is it actually worth it? my mids should have enough scoring potential for the first five rounds before picking up Danger as my first upgrade around $625k… $100k is $100k..

Would love Macrae SRivo but yes, R11 bye is a struggle. I can't have all of Dahl/Heeney/Macrae unfortunately… think Caddy is still a good prospect.

Cheers Neil, hours and hours spent on it so far! It's rather Caddy or who? Can't select another R11 bye player so that eliminates Macrae. Selecting FWD's based on midfield time, and I reckon Caddy gets lots of it this year! only needs to increase his output by 5 to average 95 and that's good enough for F5/6 for me this year.

Morrow · 06/02/2017 at 22:35

Cheers for the advice lads!! I'll keep an eye out for your respective teams

Morrow · 06/02/2017 at 22:48

What do you reckon about potentially..
      OUT:
      Pickett (mid), Goldy, Roughy.

IN:
      Pickett (forward), Giles and Danger.

Danger + Giles > Goldy + Roughy surely? Locking in a premo,.. Goldy's decrease good easily decrease and just pick the best ruckmen to upgrade with Giles?

hedski · 06/02/2017 at 23:17

Hey Morrow love ya structure, I reckon u might be able t squeeze @$150k outta Scharen Berry Bags/or/ Bowes, more if Goldy in rehab?
    Mayb squeeze in a Danger or whatnot, just my dig.
    Anyway here's my version 3, pre magazine.
    (2 days unaltered)

Doch Laird Hibberd (Stewart)
    Thurlow Newman Ryan (Hibbard)

Danger JPK Treloar (Graham)
    Fyfe Sloane (Siers)
    Scooter Swallow SPP (Bolton)

Gawn Stef (Straddlla)

JJK Dahl Ryder (Eddy)
    Bennell Galluci(Crows) Rioli (Smith)

I've been pretty set on a 3 – 6 – 2 – 3 GnR set up but value is value.
    As it stands Hibberd, Thurlow, Ryder, Bennell are speculative, pretty sure one or both of Scooter or Swallow will make it.
    Like ya thoughts back cheers

Morrow · 07/02/2017 at 13:44

My recent updates have just been OUT: Goldy, Pendles, IN: Grundy, Danger… Injury cloud and Daw's influence on Goldy raises great concerns for me. Reckon there's huge upside to Grundy, could easily become S.Martin though too.

Don't mind your team mat but plenty of players to ponder, I won't go over the rookie selections as much as they're obviously dependent on R1 selection.

Personally rate the Laird selection, reckon he's in for a huge year. Docherty I just can't simply put him in my team, priced at $590k is just too expensive for any defender.. think about who you can get in the mids? He's never averaged that price tag and you'll be able to pick him up R12 post-bye for $90k cheaper. He could come out with a BANG but reckon there's better value elsewhere.
      What's Hibberd purpose in your team? Cash cow or top 10 defender? I say, neither. Thus, shouldn't be there hedski!
      Thurlow is probably worth watching, should make some cash and be an easy upgrade in the early rounds, but you'll have a $120k rookie will make more than a $267k mid pricer any day.

Mids look solid, I'm questioning my own knowledge now,.. who's Scooter? There's good POD's and bad POD's and unfortunately in the early rounds I think Sloane is a bad POD and you'll just slip the ranking. You're buying him at his peak price and he's always shown to go through patches, often the perfect upgrade target around the byes IMO.

I'm also speculative on Ryder, the ruck cover is nice but I'd almost prefer T.Boyd as cheap cover at F7 for ruck/fwd cover than Ryder.. not sure if Lobbe plays how he'll average, Charlie Dixon injury would almost surely see him take even more forward time.. not sure he's needed now! $400k is pretty steep,.
      Bennell I'd watch for the pre-season, as you say, value is VALUE!

Good luck for the season!

MorrowSC · 07/02/2017 at 13:47

Finally created an account! yeww

hedski · 07/02/2017 at 13:58

Yeah there's plenty to go over yet, can't wait for it to get started, lots for me to work out, cheers for ur input.
        (Scooter is S.Selwood)

Aaron · 06/02/2017 at 16:09

Hey fellas, looking to build a competitive league. Feel free to join – 149246

Tyruddanaut · 06/02/2017 at 16:47

Hey lads can I have some feedback

Def – Doch, Adams, Mills, Vlaustin, Thurlow, Keeffe (Berry Ryan)
Mid- Danger, Pendles, Rockliff, Fyfe, Heppell, McGrath, SPS, J. Galluci (SPP, Myers, Graham)
Ruck – Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)
Fwd – Dalhaus, Ryder, Hrovat, Ainsworth, Mcgluggage, Bowes (Pickett, W. Rioli)

I know I need serious improvement
PLEASE HELP ME

bAps · 06/02/2017 at 18:00

Downgrade Vlastuin to a rookie, upgrade Heppell into a $600k+ mid. Hep won't be a top 10 mid and won't make enough cash, so there's no point in having him.
    If you have enough cash left, upgrade Hrovat to a premium forward. Other than that, it's a pretty good team mate!

Tyruddanaut · 06/02/2017 at 21:18

Cheers

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 11:21

As said already, i would definitely downgrade Vlaustin to a rookie. I would also get rid of McGrath, bombers have been restricting his workload and won't play round 1.

RYYAN · 06/02/2017 at 17:10

Def- Doch,Adams,Laird,Vince,Scharenburg,Ryan,(Stewart,Long)4,0,2
Mid-Danger,JPK,Gray,Shuey,Fyfe,SPP,Myers,Graham,(Freeman,Bolton,Jarman)5,0,3
Ruck-Gawn,Martin,(Eagles)1,1,0
For-Dahluas,Kennedy,Ryder,Roughhead,Pickett,Eddy(Camreon,Smith)

HELP PLEASE

bAps · 06/02/2017 at 18:01

Not sure on the Shuey pick, but other than that it looks solid.

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 11:23

If possible, upgrade Shuey to a premo, unlikely a top 10 mid come end of season.

Winter · 06/02/2017 at 17:29

Why is Grundy such a popular pick?
And what's up with Goldy atm is he fit or injured?
Gawn is a lock

Keenbutclueless · 06/02/2017 at 17:38

There is some great reading in the community series to help you with this. It shows why Grundy is on the up and why Goldy might be on the down. Of course nothing is conclusive, but it will definitely get you thinking. Oh, and Goldy is training with the rehab group away from the main squad.

AndyJD · 08/02/2017 at 18:22

Grundy had 2 90's after the bye, rest were all over the ton.

Plus no competition for the top spot.

SRivo · 06/02/2017 at 18:31

With Sandy going down, I had to make changes. Would be grateful for feedback on this set up please.

Starting with a tighter defence and rucks, with DPP swings. Once the rookies fatten up, beefing up the mids and forwards…

Def: Docherty, Shaw, Adams, Laird, McGrath, Ryan (Stewart, Long)

Mids: Danger, Sloane, Bont, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, SPP, Myers (Graham, Witherden, Bolton)

Rucks: Gawn, Grundy (Strnadica)

Fwds: Dahlhaus, Ryder, Bennell, Roughy, Pickett, W.Rioli (Smith, Eddy).

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 20:53

Spent far to much in defence.

SRivo · 06/02/2017 at 21:40

Perhaps Derek. Any suggestions?

hedski · 06/02/2017 at 22:04

Maybe McGrath to a Newmanish +70k
    Adams to Hibberd +100k
    Upgrade a sketchy fwd/mid to a premo.
    Solid.

SRivo · 07/02/2017 at 08:06

Thanks hedski. I may opt for Laird to Hibbed, McGrath to Newman (keeping Adams for DPP). Will also swap Sloane to Pendles, and take Bennell up to Riewoldt (Saint Nick). Sound ok?

hedski · 07/02/2017 at 09:00

Looks good mate, I'm not sold on Beams tho but that's just me.

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 11:26

I would downgrade one of the 4 premo defenders to a midprice or rookie and upgrade one of the mid pricers in the fwd line.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2017 at 19:24

Goldilocks?
Just started on the mag and prompted me to have this thought.
Similar to Jacobs loosing danger so his sharked hitouts went up so score went down as you loose 1 point for a sharked hit out
With boomer, NDS but particularly wells no longer with norf with such a new bunch of kids in the middle surely goldys sharked hitouts also go up and his scores suffers as a result?

Something to ponder a little food for thought.

Derek · 06/02/2017 at 20:56

I don't think Wells, boomer or anyone at Norf is in Dangerfield class.

Norf still have some quality in guts

I N Pieman · 06/02/2017 at 21:02

I think Trig makes an outstanding point. The boys they have left aren't really speedy mids

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2017 at 22:46

Is anyone? Fyfe maybe when fully fit.
      Don't think norf have a sloane
      I remember watching a number of games where goldy tapped to Wells who burst from the Centre
      Just can't see that happening anymore.

Brown Cow · 06/02/2017 at 23:30

Won't be as many clean breaks at North Wells style but Cunnington, Swallow (even Dumont) should eat some of Goldys taps and hand him 5 points. His fitness still a concern.

Paul · 07/02/2017 at 06:11

Ziebell is a gun in the middle for the 20 mins per game that he's fit enough to be in there

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:26

Interesting point… but counterpoint, Mel's midfield are crap but Gawn is a monster. When you put it down guys throats its hard for them not to catch it. Sure they will be tackled or turnover afterwards, but the ruck gets the +5 anyway

Ah yes Jock · 06/02/2017 at 20:12

thoughts community
Def: Shaw, Leigh, Laird, Scharenberg, Hibberd, Ryan (Ridley, Stewart)

Mid: Danger, JPK, Priddis, Sloane, Sidebottom, Myers, SPP (Freeman, Bolton, Graham)

Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)

Forward: Dalhaus, Macrae, Caddy, Bowes, Pickett, Smith (long, Eddt

ethan · 06/02/2017 at 20:14

416077 league for diehard supercoachers

Paul · 06/02/2017 at 20:19

What are your guys thoughts on koby Stevens as a pod?

Ah yes Jock · 06/02/2017 at 20:35

My first opinion was a no and after looking at some stats it remains a solid no
    -Hasn't player 20 games in last two years
    -Highest average 86.5
    I assume your starting him in the forward line so if you're looking for a forward line POD around the same price think Gunston and lynch for a bit more or Wingard or Lycett but I would stay far away from forward line pods this year and just stick with what you know works
    Dalhaus, Macrae, Caddy is my starting forward premos

Jock Reynolds · 07/02/2017 at 09:28

Shut the shit up you absolute nutter of a man koby stevens will lead the saints into the top 4

Elmeano · 06/02/2017 at 20:29

Until JR Mag arrives I'm currently looking like

DEF : Doch , Shaw , Laird , McGrath ,Scharenberg , Berry ( Ryan , Stewart )

MID : Danger , Pendles , Treloar , Fyfe , Swallow , Beams , SPP , Myers ( freeman , Bolton , Graham )

RUC : Gawn , Giles ( strnmember )

FWD : Dahlhaus , Macrae , Caddy , Ryder , Black , Pickett (Smith , Eddy )

55k ITB

titz · 06/02/2017 at 20:31

Join my league to try get me up to 18, 987982

Cheers legends

Wighty · 07/02/2017 at 07:22

Your league will auto fill just before season…I'll join in anyway…need some competition !!! Reckon anyone who joins via thesev pages should be better than my mates !!

Jordan · 06/02/2017 at 21:42

What do you think that the difference in average will be between Goldstein and Stefan Martin

hedski · 06/02/2017 at 23:25

Tough question, Stef coming off a bad year, Goldy injury cloud?
    2 years ago they ruled.
    I'm backing Stef
    N.B. I am not/nor should be affiliated with any form of gambling

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:28

Goldy = 110 x 21 (108 effective w cover)
    Stef = 110 x 18 (102 effective w cover)

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2017 at 23:08

In the mag "the Chad" priced at $117,300 – LOCK!! 🙂
I think there maybe as couple of pricing blues on a couple of the players.
But a fantastic read, in depth analysis outstanding.
Seems unfair to anyone who doesn't own a copy!!

Jordan · 07/02/2017 at 20:46

Who is the chad?

Graham · 06/02/2017 at 23:25

Thought on isaac heeney

Keenbutclueless · 07/02/2017 at 01:15

There was a great write up in the community series, which prompted a lot of comments. Your best guide!

Derek · 07/02/2017 at 09:40

He should average better than last year. Will be top 10-15 forwards.

Can't see him getting the midfield time everyone is talking about, mcglynn gone and papley injured swans will play him forward.

SCaddict · 07/02/2017 at 13:42

Who do you see taking up the Titch slack? Was 5th in the comp last season in total disposals which is not inconsequential. JPK, Hanners and Parks were already top 7 in total disposals so not sure they can do a helluva lot more. So it will be interesting to see how Heeney, Mills and Lloyd are utilised in the JLT in the post Titch void created.

The Swans top pick Florent could get a look in if the Smear injury lingers although last I heard Horse remains hopeful that Smear will return in the first month of the season anyway, presently only ruled out from Rd1 at his time of placement on the LTI list. Reid will also need to come into that side somewhere probably in the forward line.

Derek · 07/02/2017 at 15:34

the swans have a pretty good midfield and i can see the three big guns all getting a bit. Hanners did spend some time on the wing second half of last year, he will be back in the guts.

Jack & McVeigh won't be in the guts much, but more just behind the centre making sure the ball stays going forward. Lloyd and Mills will be pushing up into the midfield, mainly on the wings getting a bit more. heeney will be at stoppages when in the forward half while jack and McVeigh sit back on the 50m arc.

Kev · 07/02/2017 at 14:50

Heat maps from JLT games will be huge.

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:30

Arguably Swans best player across the finals. Horse put his best hoof forwards when it counted.

Spaghetti · 06/02/2017 at 23:41

What's the better combo?
1. Hartlett, Goldstein and Roughead/bennel
2. Laird, Ryder and heeney

Also is Deledio too risky of a pick… last year 95 average (only the 11 games) and over 105 pretty much 8 years in a row before that!!

Thoughts?¿?¿?

Dukes · 07/02/2017 at 01:22

His no more riskier than t adams whos in most teams

Leeds17 · 07/02/2017 at 05:53

I think Lids really need to be assessed right at R1, if he's had a full pre-season play a couple pre-seasons games & look to have a decent role very hard to go past but has more boxes to tick than others

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:31

I think you should take 1 and 2 and get rid of whatever other picks you made ahead of those guys =p

JEL · 07/02/2017 at 17:37

Deledio is out for Rd1 of JLT with a calf injury

Rosco · 07/02/2017 at 05:56

Eight people have selected Nic Nat in their teams. That should bode well!!!

Derek · 07/02/2017 at 08:44

Captain loophole

Rosco · 09/02/2017 at 12:32

A $500k + loophole. I don't think so.

Paul · 07/02/2017 at 06:07

Big Sauce Phillips is injured and Gorringe is a spud, should see Kreuzer load up on ruck time early this year with Casboult giving him a chop out. Not in my team atm, but definitely worth keeping an eye out for in the pre season

Wighty · 07/02/2017 at 07:34

Finally getting team together.

Def Monty Adams J Martin(dpp) Thurlow Scharenberg Newman (T Stewart Long)
Mid Danger Pendles Rocky Fyfe Heppell Murphy D Swallow Myers (Berry Pickett Graham)
R Goldy Witts (Strn…)
For Dahl Heeney Miller Ryder, Roughy Schoenmakers (Ridley Eddy)

Bench obviously depends on pre-season. Big on dpp's to avoid trades and a couple of cheapy pods who may prove gold if ok in pre-season…thurlow/scharenberg/swallow/schoe/roughy. Plan is to upgrade Witts after bye rds. Upgrade targets mainly in defence after season settles.
Comments ??

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 11:47

Too many mid pricers in my opinion. Looks like there is around 8 mid pricers in your team, you will run out of trades to upgrade them. You don't want more than 3 in your team as they are risky.

neil demonsdelight · 07/02/2017 at 08:31

gotta get gawn in there.Witts will lose you too many points pre bye

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:33

430k+ price difference, which is worth about 80 ppg at this time of year. Unless you think Gawn will average 80 ppg more than Witts, your advice should be the other way around.

Wighty · 07/02/2017 at 19:57

Exactly…..let alone the cash I get for an extra uber prem elsewhere

Kevdog · 07/02/2017 at 08:55

Thoughts on my team
Def: Docherty, Rance, Laird, Scharenberg, Newman, Ryan (Stewart, Long)
Mid: Dangerfield, Hannebery, Treloar, Fyfe, Mitchell, D.Swallow, Powell-Pepper, Myers (Barrett, Freeman, Graham)
R: Gawn, Hickey (Strnadica)
Fwd: N.Riewoldt, Macrae, Heeney, J.Roughead, McCluggage, W.Rioli (T.Smith, Eddy)

Thoughts much appreciated 🙂

Ah yes jock · 07/02/2017 at 09:07

Hickey is a risky selection and I wouldn't be starting BOTH heeny and roughies in the same team. Maybe trade out roughie for a rookie like Jack Bowes and use the cash to upgrade hickey to a set and forget ruckman

Jock Reynolds · 07/02/2017 at 09:25

Hickey is one of the best ruckmen in the afl you prick

Ah yes jock · 07/02/2017 at 09:05

thoughts community
Def: Shaw, Leigh, Laird, Scharenberg, Hibberd, Ryan (Ridley, Stewart)

Ruck: Gawn, Grundy (Cameron)

Forward: Dalhaus, Macrae, Caddy, Bowes, Pickett, Smith (long, Eddy)

Jock Reynolds · 07/02/2017 at 09:19

first of all wannabe jock, you need a superstar like jack viney in your team unlike someone like sidebottom the prick

Derek · 07/02/2017 at 09:34

Missing a midfield

Ah yes jock · 07/02/2017 at 10:35

The missing mid is Fyfe

Derek · 07/02/2017 at 12:43

good guns n rookie team. 14 guns with a couple of PODs. Will see what the gods give us for rookies

Keenbutclueless · 07/02/2017 at 14:40

I agree with Derek. Good GNR team. Of the 14, you are missing 5 in round 11, 3 round 12 and 6 in round 13. Ideally you would want at least one less in round 11. It's potentially Montagna to Rance or JPK to Selwood. Just a small tinker with an otherwise strong side

gator59 · 07/02/2017 at 10:20

No one has any love for Zorko ??

I N Pieman · 07/02/2017 at 11:05

With Beams back I'd expect him to play forward more. Not in my calculations

macco · 07/02/2017 at 11:04

jack viney should be in EVERY team!

Luke · 07/02/2017 at 12:33

S doch T adams R Laird
M sharenberg E vickers willis L ryan T stewart B Long

Danger, kennedy, sloane fyfe t mitchel d beams d swallow d myers spp m hibberd j graham

Gawn Goldy (freo guy)

L Dahl heeney roughy mcluggage turner bowes s bolton b eddy

Please rate my team

Moustachio · 07/02/2017 at 17:35

I rate it 3 potatoes

sharmanism · 07/02/2017 at 12:43

I was initially keen on Gawn and Goldie, then Sandi but with Goldie being managed preseason and Sandi copping an injury I've gone with a Gawky (Gawn + Hickey) ruck combo, I see Hickey as offering more value than Ryder, Sauce etc

My team is starting to come together from my perspective at the moment I've got:

D Laird, Z Williams, KK, Thurlow, Keefe, Stewart (Newman, Long)

I've gone for a value back line with stacked mids – rationale is I think Laird is the only over $500K back who's not over priced. I expect Williams to improve, I feel KKs year last year was an aberration due to injury and think Thurlow is primed to explode. Keefe for early rounds then downgrade to Scharenberg and bank some cash once berg starts playing (if he's selected R1 he goes in for Keefe. All rookies place holders at this stage.

M Danger, Pendles, JPK, Treloar, Fyfe, Tich, Florent, SPP (Myers Pickett, Graham)

I've gone deliberately large in mids as I see top 6 as keepers who will deliver all year.

R Gawn, Hickey (Strnadica)

F NRoo, Dollhouse, Roughie, Hrovat, W Rioli, Eddy (Miles, D Cameron)

May consider bringing Heeney in for NRoo and keeping a bit more cash up my sleeve. Thoughts?

Clarky99 · 08/02/2017 at 12:06

I reckon limit yourself to one mid priced in defense as there is an element of risk in picking them.

neil demonsdelight · 07/02/2017 at 13:03

see a lot of teams with up 13 genuine keepers not ryders halls 580000 plus players.I Tried this last year and ran out of money post byes.This killed me because I had cey hewett types on field and smart oponents had top 10 The key to it is trading and not paying overs at the start.For this reason Doc is a no no.I will pick him up r6 when formulas alter and he drops. Danger and gawn are different in that they wont imo have those off days early. Remember the winner last year started with 10 real keepers.I will rely on tmac coming within 100 of doc and doc dropping significantly.Doc is only one I have in mind .I will lose at the start but its a marathon and funds are essential thoughts

I N Pieman · 07/02/2017 at 14:27

Last years winner had 9 players that survived the season. He also had Mason Cox & D Wyatt. So 9, but only 7 premos. He made lots of great trades at crucial times. Agree on Doch Neil. Wait & see on him

Derek · 07/02/2017 at 14:30

there are only two types of players imo. Keepers and non-keepers.

the non-keepers are there for two reasons.

firstly (and most importantly) is to make cash. To reach full premium, including decent bench cover we need team value to be just over $14mil. The quicker this can be achieved the better. One significant thing i took away from the winner last year was how quickly he culled his rookies. I was a believer that we had to save trades and squeeze every last cent out of the rookies (kept paps instead of trading to darcey last year), this year they will be off to slaughter much sooner.

second purpose it to score some points, usually scoring good points and cash increase go hand in hand, but if they are not playing then neither happen. its ok if they are just bench rookies on slow burn, but the worst is when your bench slow burning cash cow is needed on the field because a Rocky/Wingard/BCrouch/Rich/Fyfe/JPK goes down and he spuds it up – looking at you menapoo/mcgovern and friends. As the season goes, there is less chance rookies to be onfield but it is always a risk early in season to have too many cheap spudding rookies onfield. Again, last year i kept Rocky and BCrouch when they were injured instead of trading them (my obsession with holding trades) and it cost my large amounts of points that you can't get back.

the Keepers will either be season starting keepers, or keepers that you bring in. Ideally you already have a really good idea who your best 22 (money no object) is and a fair idea what there current cost is. The idea is to look at that best 22 and pick the value ones to become your starters and the overpriced can be picked up later, hopefully at a cheaper price than what everyone else paid for them. You can't have them all, but as long as your know the ones you want to only stick with them and not go and get a "near-keeper". As the year goes there will be changes to your best 22 and if there is a trade or two left, a luxury sideways trade is always nice.

Last years top 8 forwards all could have been purchased cheaper at some point during the year, the defenders there were 7 (Docherty exception) and midfielders there were 7 (Merret exception), however the degrees of price reduction varied.

I will probably be starting with only 2 keepers in defense. In my opinion it seems the defenders are more overpriced than other lines, plus they are defenders (wouldn't feed most of them)

i do have another saying, Pay the Price!

There are just some players that you pick no matter what their price is. Dangerfield and Gawn are in that category.

i'm likely to start the year 12-3-15 with SPP as my cheapest onfield player.

Winner64 · 07/02/2017 at 15:42

League open. All welcome. 136388

Geoff · 07/02/2017 at 16:01

Can I get some thoughts on my team? cheers! Got about 100k left over. Whats our thoughts on Harley Bennell. Is he worth considering?

Def – H. Shaw, T. Adams, R. Laird, Scharenberg, Ryan, Stewart (Hibberd, Long)

Mid – Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Fyfe, Heppell, Murphy, Swallow, SPP, Myers (Berry, Pickett, Graham)

Ruc – Gawn, Hickey (Strnadica)

Fwd – Dahlhaus, Greene, Ryder, Billings, Roughead, McCluggage (Smith, Eddy)

Cheers!

wombatsfc · 07/02/2017 at 16:28

Have a look at Gaveday's analysis of rookies here http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2017/02/05/top-10-
    IMO your too dependent on onfield rookies. Rookies are for making $ not scoring points. ATMO I don't have a single player on field who hasn't played some senior AFL and I still managed to get a 3-6-1-2 spread of premos

Tommo · 07/02/2017 at 16:50

Changed my team up a bit, any feedback or advice would be lovely

MID: Danger, DePendlebury, JPK, N.Fyfe, D.Heppell D.Swallow, SPP, D.Myers (S.Bolton, C.Maynard, O.Junker)

RUCK: B.Grundy, T.Hickey (L.Strndica)

FWD: JJK, Dahl, P.Ryder, J.Roughead, A.Black, J.Pickett (T.Smith, B.Eddy)

Rip it apart lads (and ladettes)

JEL · 07/02/2017 at 17:06

Def: Docherty, Laird, Hibberd, Scharenberg, Hibberd, Ryan (Berry, Stewart)

Mid: Danger, Pendles, Parker, Treloar, Fyfe, D Swallow, McClugg, Myers, (Gallucci, SPP, Graham)

Ruck: Gawn, T Boyd (Strnadica)

Forward: Dalhaus, Heeney, Ryder, Bennell, Roughy, M White (Pickett, Ridley)

Relying on a few fallen premos to pick up early slack.
If the likes of Bennell, Roughy, Ryder,Swallow and Hibberd go ok in the JLT I'll look to start them.

Any thoughts?

Seth · 08/02/2017 at 20:47

Who are this year's lock premiums (say 600+), in the mid. Anything other than danger, Coz is he really worth it?

Burnmen · 09/02/2017 at 20:13

JPK, Pendles, Treloar, Hanners. Could take a look at Jack Steven and Bontempelli too in the 550-600K region.

Jim_bob321 · 08/02/2017 at 20:53

What do u guys think of my team…… and possible improvements:
Def: Docherty, Shaw, Laird, Johannisen, McGrath, Scharenberg (J.Berry,L.Ryan)
Rucks: Gawn, Sandilands (L.Strnadica)

Burnmen · 08/02/2017 at 23:31

R1 Giles.
R2 Witts
R3 Strnd

Will be locked if both are named main ruck in round one and have a decent NAB
No Ryder in forward line but am considering. Sandi not a consideration at 34 he'll fall apart no offense to the champion.

Thoughts?

Not running

Derek · 09/02/2017 at 10:12

not as crazy as you think.

Make sure you have a DPP like Ryder and you can get two bites at the cherry.

Depending on when games are on, this might not always work, but assume you have a set up like this:

Witts, Giles, (Strnd)
    Ryder, Pickett, (TSmith, Ridley)

Whoever out of Giles and Witts plays first put on bench with E. Same with whoever plays first out of Pickett, Smith & Ridley but on bench with E.

Say you start with Witts and Smith on bench because they play first.

If Witts has a better score than Smith, no problem, leave Strnd on field and you will get Witts score.

If Smith has a better score than Witts, swing Ryder into Ruck and put Strnd on field in forward line, therefore taking Smith's score.

If both have a poor score, still swing Ryder to the rucks, but put Strnd on bench and bring Ridley onto the field if you think he has a chance to outscore what Smith did.

If any of the players are DPP like Ridley & Pickett, there is also a chance to swing players from other lines off their benches if they haven't played yet.

Burnmen · 09/02/2017 at 10:51

Yep solid tactic to get the most out of them. Cheers

Pete · 15/02/2017 at 21:46

Like it. I also have Giles and Witt's… But Gawn R1 😉

Lazza · 09/02/2017 at 10:44

Looks like Goldy is a bigger risk than Sandi…. wont play the first two JLTs and doubt he will be up for R1 …. He has an ankle problem and with it (still) being evident at this time of the year suggests he is in for a handicap year.
With Daw and Brown also injured – North could end up playing some newbies.

Burnmen · 09/02/2017 at 10:51

They could be dropped at anytime though that is the problem I guess.

Burnmen · 09/02/2017 at 10:51

The newbies*

Tom · 15/03/2017 at 16:28

Why no love for Mummy? Am I missing something?