Tell-Him-Hes-Dreamin

Know your discounts, know their history.

by GAVEDAY

Greetings community, if you’re like me, you love a good garage sale. But sometimes, as my wife points out, you’re just filling your garage with more and more junk. It can be hard to tell if that BBQ works. Where’s the rust? What’s that smell? And do I even bloody need the thing?

You need to know if the price is a rip and what faults to look for before you buy. And this logic is no less relevant in the land of SuperCoach. Research is king, that and not being dazzled by seemingly cost effective acquisitions. And that BBQ? I spent more on repairs than a brand new Webber. Lesson learnt.

Before you pick up any crap at this garage sale, make sure you get a dose of reality by reading Patch’s article.. yep, midpriced players can SUCK.

So here I’ve listed most of the discounted players for 2017, including their previous price and their 2017 price. In some cases I’ve included their previous season high price to highlight potential savings. I’ve also given you a brief write up as to why they were out and what I think is the applicable logic to apply on the selection table.

Enjoy!

PODCAST: JOCK, HIGGO & CROUCHING COMPLETE TEAM-BY-TEAM SUPERCOACH ANALYSIS ON iTUNES HERE

Jackson Thurlow (def) was 379K, now 267k. He screwed his ACL (right knee) in nab 2016 – looks a starter but awkwardly priced with a dubious ceiling. CONSIDER

Jaimie Elliott (fwd) was 413k (season high 451k in 2015),now 291k. Missed the entire 2016 season with a back injury. Will play if fit. CONSIDER (YES for me!)

Patrick Ryder (fwd/ruck) was 447k (season high 543k), now 418k. Suspended for 2016 – Number one ruck for the power. Solid option at his price. YES

Harley Bennell (mid/fwd) was 548,600, now 387k. Calf injury ruled him out for the season. If his calfs hold up he’s a bargain. Proceed with caution. YES.

Jarryd Roughhead (fwd) was 520k, now 367k. Out with cancer (blimey!) and beat it to death. Onya Roughie. Locked in cause it’s a great story, but he’s also a bloody decent player. YES

Sam Reid (fwd) was 390k, now 275k. Calf and Achilles issues, missed 2016. Mid price madness, decent player, not SC relevant. Averaged 72 in his last full season. PASS

Aaron Sandilands (ruck) was 433k (season high 581K), now 308k. Got flattened by Nic Nat, puncturing a lung. Only played 5 times in 2016. Massive discount for this aging behemoth. Will divide the community. THE CHOICE IS YOURS! YES for me.

Jarrod Witts (ruck) was 393k, now 217k. Never really made an impact at the pies, traded to GC. Uncertain TOG in 2017, whispers around he will get the R1 spot. Can’t lock him in on a whisper though. WATCHLIST.

Nat Fyfe (mid) was 624k (670k high), now 573k. Basically broke his leg and only played 5 in 2016. Super elite on the cheap? Yep. YES

Dyson Heppell (mid) was 499k (season high 571k), now 513k. Suspended for the year. Definitely should consider at this price. YES for me.

Jobe Watson (mid) was 439k (season high 576k), now 453k. Suspended for the year. Question marks a plenty over Jobe, I’m backing him to have impact, but maybe not for SuperCoach. PASS

Michael Hurley (def) was 485k, now 464k. Another banned Bomber. Rebound king last time around the traps, potential to peak over 550k. I’m in. CONSIDER

Michael Bellchambers (ruck) was 294k (season high 333k), now 305k. *altogether now – “another banned bomber”. Strange price on this lad, could get R1 at windy hill (or whatever they call it now) but beware – he wanted to quit football and I heard a whisper he’s carrying an injury. PASS

Dayne Beams (mid) was 612k, now 432k. Only played 2 in 2016, out with basically a completely shattered body. BUT super elite output available for 432k. Get in my team! YES.

Mark Murphy (mid) was 421k (season high 556k), now 432k. Played 10 in 2016 then screwed his ankle. Looks worth the punt to me. YES

Kristian Jaksch (fwd/def) was 281K, now 206k. Played 1 in 2016. Ex-giant who plays a lot in the magoos. Wait to see if named. WATCHLIST

JOM (mid) 525k (2015 starting price), now 318k. Has no knees. Last sighted on the titanic. Proceed with caution. Hawks debut in rd3-4 is the word on the street. Watchlist

David Swallow (mid) was 554k (2015 Starting price), now 280k. He’s missed eons, lord knows why. Too cheap to pass up for a bloke with his ceiling. YES

Josh Thomas (mid/fwd) was 385k, now 193k. Ate a cow and got suspended for 2 years. Rookie priced DPP should be watched closely. WATCHLIST

Lachlan Keefe (def) was 330k, now 165k. Helped Josh Thomas eat that cow. Rookie priced key position back. Won’t set the world on fire, unless by accident. But there’s still money to made here. YES.

Matt Sharenberg (def) was 271k, now 164k. Knee and ankles have stopped this kid. Missed all of 2016. Huge talent, locked in for me if fit. YES.

Curtly Hampton (def) was 264K, now 160k. Missed last year and only played 5 in the season previous. Rookie bench option – if he can get fit, and stay fit and break into the Crows line up. Just a few conditions then! WATCHLIST.

David Myers (mid) Was 460k, now 133k. Stuffed his shoulder in 2015 then suspended for the season of 2016. Massive discount. Most likely on everyone’s bench. YES

Angus Monfries (mid) was 342K, now 325k. Suspended for the season. Nope. PASS

Billy Longer (ruck) was 368K, now 260k. Behind Hickey in the pecking order. Nope. PASS

James Stewart (fwd) was 280K, now 169k. Couldn’t crack into the GWS forward line, played 1 in 2016. Like many, if named, will attract attention. WATCHLIST

Hugh Goddard (def) was 308k, now 186K. Played once in 2016 and ruptured his achilles. Good kid by all reports. Might be worth a look if he can crack into the Seaford backline.WATCHLIST

Jake Carlisle (def/fwd) was 381k, now 337k. *Say the line* yet another banned bomber. Unseen in the saints colours, big doubts over his SuperCoach relevance, despite DPP. But he is 25 and at a new club. WATCHLIST

Michael “Dr.” Hibberb (def) was 419k (season high 491k), now 402k. Last banned bomber I promise! Same write up as Carlisle, but slightly older and averaged 82 in his last season. WATCHLIST

Matt White (mid/fwd) was 328K, now 198k. Tore his pectoral in round 1. OUCH. Out for the season. Very much on my radar as a bench option. CONSIDER

Riley Knight (mid) was 290K, now 201k. Played once in 2016. Persistent ankle problems. Barron reckons he’s a big chance for senior footy in 2017. Smokey for RD1. WATCHLIST

Tom Downie (ruck/fwd) was 326K, now 217k. Played once in 2016, behind Mummy and Lobb for Ruck duties. PASS

Micheal Talia (def) was 390k, now 213k. Common theme here…. Played once in 2016. Injured himself, then club suspended for possession of illicit drugs. If he’s off the horse but in with horse he’s a chance. WATCHLIST.

Nathan Vardy (ruck) was 293k, now 265k. Played once for cats in 2016 then traded to WCE. No Nic Nat opens the door, but Lycett and Giles are also in line. I smell rotation. PASS

Cam McCarthy (fwd) was 288k, now 200k. Homesickness – out for the season. Looks primed to take the full forward spot at freo, although he has the potential to go hot and cold. Still good for the coin. YES

Tim Broomhead (fwd) was 329K, now 185k. Played 2 uninspiring games in 2016. Seems VFL bound. PASS

Will Hoskin Elliott (fwd) was 220k, now 200k. Traded by GWS to the pies, you’d have to think he’s a big first team chance. WATCHLIST

Cam Ellis Yolmen (mid/fwd) was 401k, now 304k. Appeared twice late in the crows campaign, if Thompson moves out of the mid CEY could be one to move in. Good average when not sub affected (82) but at a super awkward price. WATCHLIST.

Hope this helps someone win 50k, if so, spot me a pineapple?

GAVEDAY

Hit me up on Twitter! @GAVEDAY

TRIGGER HAPPY · 26/01/2017 at 09:52

Classic Gave.
To stick with the castle theme "you could sell that"
Is there any returning bomber you missed? 🙂
if you go with all your yes selections there is a team of mid price madness right there which could very well go alright.
I'm gonna roll out the old bbq which has been around for a few years but is ultra reliable and won't let you down. No need for some cheap knobs or grill she has proven to get the job done.
May grab just a couple of discounted accessories to finish off the job.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 10:00

Cheers, there's a few I missed – but it felt like I was writing war and peace. So I tried to hit the most arousing choices. With a few left fielders. My ratings are advisory – I don't think I'd take all my yes men based on overall team structure – for example murphy may get the chop if he spends more time up forward and Heppell I might not go with after reading about the soft tissue risks for the returning bombers.

But pretty sure I'm rolling with the rest of the YES men.

SupercoachNerd · 26/01/2017 at 10:54

Nice job gaveday mid pricers are always very tempting

Northernsoul74 · 26/01/2017 at 11:30

The potential soft tissue issues for the returning bombers means I won't be picking any of them. It's a long time to be out of the game.

Moustachio · 26/01/2017 at 17:33

Injury risk is much, much less than a normal player who missed a season due to injury. Any professional will have spent 2016 at the very least maintaining fitness, and the champion players will have improved it.

Kyle · 26/01/2017 at 10:43

If you could go roughy or elliot who would you chose?

SupercoachNerd · 26/01/2017 at 10:52

Roughy for me last 5 seasons he has played he has averaged aleast 95

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 11:45

Take Elliot- he'll earn more coin.

Moustachio · 26/01/2017 at 17:34

Roughy by the length of the MCG. Elliott is only for cash, Roughy may be a keeper.

@t_woof · 26/01/2017 at 22:41

No brainer Kyle, Roughead.

Bobby Yilmar · 21/03/2017 at 14:15

roughy as elliot is injured for first round and youd get more coin

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 10:46

Hilarious Gaveday you slotted 14 of those blokes into your team?.
For a minute I thought that you were serious but I realised that it was an Australia Day Joke when I saw Hurley's name.
Chunks @464k is an absolute ripoff! Has an 8-year career high ave of 95 he only averages 16.5 games p/y (except whilst on James' juice he played 19 and 20) and he makes a tennis ball appear sharp.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 11:46

Yes, I do have 14 of them in my team. JOM likely not to start but I'll wait for rd1 teams to be named.

The Coach · 26/01/2017 at 10:52

I reckon if we look at this list in 3 months time some of us are gonna be feeling a lot of pain….

Also, what does the community think of Bob Murphy? Not mentioned, was tearing it up before he got injured. Any love?

SupercoachNerd · 26/01/2017 at 11:22

At 392k I like him but I'm not starting him at the moment but I will keep him in the back of my mind

Northernsoul74 · 26/01/2017 at 11:39

Love Bob but at his age it's a hell of an effort to return from an injury like that. He took a while to decide to go round again. That coupled with the fact the Dogs really need to get games into the likes of Bailey Williams, Dale, Rourke Snith, Webb, Lynch plus others, otherwise they'll leave, makes me nervous about Bob and Matt Boyd playing every game. People down realise the depth the Dogs have. Williams and Webb are really knocking the door down for games.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 11:48

Yeah I missed him mate – couldn't squeeze them all in without writing a monsterpiece. He's on the radar for sure. Probably a no for me.

Damien · 26/01/2017 at 11:09

Good list to keep in mind, but I can't bring myself too many of these guys. My team currently has Ryder and Fyfe in it, and that's about it from this list.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 11:49

I'd highly recommend you take Dayne Beams. HIGHLY. Ask Jock.

Northernsoul74 · 26/01/2017 at 11:52

Even though Beams has said himself his knee will never be right and will have to manage it for the rest of his career?

Damien · 26/01/2017 at 12:03

Beams has said himself that his knee is forever stuffed and will have to be managed

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 12:12

He could sit on a chair and still score 100+.

Derek · 26/01/2017 at 13:32

He will miss games.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 13:54

Glass is half full vs glass half empty – if he plays most of the season he'll crack 600k+ he's history says he will and doesn't need to run hard to rack up points.

Read the arictle in the community series and read Jock's 1st comment.

Honestly – believe in beams!

Mac · 26/01/2017 at 16:51

Why pick a bloke who your going to trade later in the year? He's not going to be a top 10 mid.

Moustachio · 26/01/2017 at 17:35

True, if fit he is top 5 =p

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 19:37

look I can't tell it's a guarantee – but honestly – check his history – roughly speaking he goes higher than 125 every 3rd game.

Derek · 26/01/2017 at 23:55

Beams will be last years Libba. Will do pretty good until the next injury. Miss a few, play a few.

graham · 26/01/2017 at 11:14

is it too risky to start with two mid prices in the forward line? Bennel and either roughy, elliot or Yolmen

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 11:52

Most would say yes. But Bennell is a premo DPP – so don't think of him as a mid pricer. Roughy is great value. I'm taking Elliot at 290k and betting he'll hit 450k. Yolmen is watch listed but I'm keen.

Leeds17 · 26/01/2017 at 19:16

Every chance to be this seasons version of 2016 Daniel Wells, also every chance to be this seasons version of 2014 Daniel Wells.

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 14:47

with a bit of luck Harley's first game will be round 3 or 4. Perfect timing to let us check him over for 2-weeks then swap a rookie and 50k for him

Sabsy · 26/01/2017 at 22:50

Agreed, with his softest of the very soft tissue I need to see him play at least 3 games at the highest possible intensity before I'll bring him in. Luckily he's cheap enough that we can afford to observe him for a while and remove a lot of risk.

Jib Jib · 27/01/2017 at 11:09

Depends how much injury risk you've got in other lines and how much you're prepared to roll the dice on players returning from injury.

Personally I've currently got Fyfe, Scharenberg and Sandilands so I wouldn't be prepared to roll the dice on 1 or 2 more injury risk players in my forward line. However, if by seasons start I've dropped 1 or all of those players and someone like Bennell is picked to play then I'd seriously consider him.

Jib Jib · 27/01/2017 at 11:13

Also worth considering is what sort of injury are they coming back from? Multiple soft tissue injuries (like Bennell) are a big red flag for me. Whereas Fyfe and his broken leg is less of a concern, as is Sandi coming back from fractured ribs – as they are more freak/1 off types of injuries.

Keenbutclueless · 26/01/2017 at 11:46

Fyfe, Sandi and Ryder for me.
Fyfe is a proven premium. The fact that he is a viable VC and C choice means those double points are worth the risk.
Sandi is a gamble. But if he averages 90, it's worth it. With the change in rules, I think he will benefit and average 100+ If Goldy ends up being R2, then Sandi's R13 bye is perfect. I am running 6 deep in the mids, so a corrective is not so hard. It could be as simple as Swallow in for Sandi.
Ryder is a good chance to finish top 10 forwards this year. We are all hoping he takes over the number 1 ruck. Brendan Lade talked during the week about his belief that the Lobbe Ryder combination can work. Shudder. He may also be required forward. So, if he shares the ruck, or eases into the number 1 role, and/or spends time forward, is he still worth picking? I have still given him a yes. Buys me time if the Sandi call goes wrong. He is Super handy through the bye rounds. He's still a marginal yes for me.
Beams is out of my team. When he said he will have to manage his knees, I don't believe he can get back to premium status. To be a stepping stone, he'd have to get to 575k to be worthwhile. I can't see him doing that.
Swallow is one I would like, but I have gone Sandi instead.

Kev · 26/01/2017 at 12:16

I've got the same three, Keen. My thinking is there can be no Sandi without Ryder. If Ryder is sharing R1 at Port with Lobbe then Sandi has to go

Northernsoul74 · 26/01/2017 at 13:04

What's the fear with Sandi? Last season was a punctured lung which is just very unlucky/accidental. Goldy has knee issues so you could argue he's more risky for example.

Derek · 26/01/2017 at 13:35

Agree. I can't find anything wrong with Sandi and if fit will play every game

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 15:48

Sandi's problem is he's 34 and tall. Not to many of that ilk play out the season. Mind you I'm in. r2 for him.
          Don't expect him to play the full season though.

Danners · 26/01/2017 at 11:48

Nice Gaveday! A lot of interesting names in there, trying to avoid the temptation as midpricers screwed us over last year

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 12:07

Well here we are , every year we say we're not going to touch them but the next year we have all forgotten the pain they caused . Straight guns and rookies for mine . The only two in that list that I would consider would be beams ( who has tendonitis issues that won't get better with age ) and smurf , who could be the pick of the lot but all carry danger . Good article gave but I'm steering well clear of most if not all . Throw a low price onnone them and everyone forgets why the low price is there .

Derek · 26/01/2017 at 13:36

What is murphys injury

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 13:45

hes fresh this year , full pre season , has had issues with shoulders in the past .

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 14:51

An ankle tap in round 10 ended his season. earlier in season he knocked himself out on a errant knee and for 2-years prior to that he was recovering psychologically from being vitamised by a Danger hip and shoulder that gave smurph two right collarbones but nuthin on the left

Kevan · 26/01/2017 at 16:01

That is very funny.

jessecanavan · 26/01/2017 at 13:05

Currently have Fyfe, Smurf, Swallow, Sandiman, Ryder and Roughy. Swallow and Sandi the only risks for me. Forward line currently St. Nick, Macrae, Caddy, Ryder, Roughy and rookie. How do i fit Bennell in if fit. Does Caddy go. Think him and Bennell will score simular, and Bennell is 100k cheaper. Would give me 100k to strenghen other lines, although Smurf at m5 and Z.Williams at d4 seems pretty strong.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 13:55

That's why I don't have caddy. Risk v reward. Bennell looks all gain to me.

jessecanavan · 26/01/2017 at 14:18

Freo will go much better this year. If fit, which ive heard he is, Bennell is a steal at that price. You have to take a few calculated risks in this game.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 15:49

And Bennell isn't even a gamble at the price and DPP.

Moustachio · 26/01/2017 at 19:44

He injured his "good" leg in the pre season. If named R1 I will start him, but not holding my breath.

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 16:44

bennell won't start round one , round three or four as mentioned above .

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 19:39

Perth contacts telling me otherwise. Bennell is in ripping shape.

As always rd1 team sheets vital.

ethan · 26/01/2017 at 13:11

Community thoughts on Hamish Harlett as a d3. Averaged 92, 91, 90, 97, 101, 77 in the last 6 seasons and is listed at just 423k

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 13:25

Averaged good numbers through the middle , not so off half back . Watch position through the JLT cup . Was also hurt by ports poor form .

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 14:55

If he gets back in the middle he's good value but Port seem intent on using his prodigious kick as an avenue out of defense, he wont become another Docherty because eddie mcguire could out run him. Unless port drafted a ready made accurate long kicker or have changed their game plan Hamish wont be a big scorer or money maker for us.

Moustachio · 26/01/2017 at 19:46

The 101 looks like an outlier, if he returns to 92 av he's not a keeper, and won't make enough cash to be worth the trade. If you think he goes 95-100+ on the other hand he's a lock.

Krups · 26/01/2017 at 13:19

Caddy or macrae?

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 13:24

Both .

Krups · 26/01/2017 at 13:30

Its hard to fit both Bont.

Roo Dalh, Macrae, Ryder are my main 4

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 13:46

Yeah hard to say which one will go better . If caddy gets a good run through the middle could be anything

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 14:58

McCrae by the length of something really really long. Caddy is an inket printout McCrae is a 3D printer

Krups · 26/01/2017 at 15:03

lol i like that

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 15:14

Macrae definitely ahead, but caddy gets a proper run Through the midfield could finally show all that potential . Goal kicker too . Never got a good run at Geelong

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 20:38

That's a very positive perspective Bont. I see it from the more negative view that if he couldn't get a kick when the opposition were giving him a chopout so that DangWood wouldn't get it, he hasn't got much hope as number1 target.

The Bont · 27/01/2017 at 10:43

Yeah true that wombats and normally I'm very prudent on the 'breakout' types but this is a guy that was surrounded by talent and never got a show in the middle , had him sitting off half forward flank most of the time . When he gets a look in the middle looks a talent , Tigers picked him up intending on him being a clearance player , a real watch the role JLT cup type for me .

SCaddict · 27/01/2017 at 02:00

So are you calling Caddy's game two dimensional huh? Well Wombats I kind of agree. 🙂

Somehow I've managed to refrain from getting seduced into picking him in the past despite all the hype every season that THIS was going to be his break out year.

Nonetheless I think he has a decent shot at being a top 6 forward given what else we have on offer in the forward line in 2017 but remains an unlikely starter in Addicts as I still have my doubts.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 15:50

I've gone maccrae as the dogs want to him win more CP this year.

Moustachio · 26/01/2017 at 19:47

Macrae a sure thing. Don't have room for Caddy with all the other gambles up fwd :S

Danners · 26/01/2017 at 21:02

Tough one, probably save the bills and go Caddy looks promising

Lachie · 27/01/2017 at 03:55

neither

Tommo09 · 26/01/2017 at 13:35

Thoughts Community

DEF: Docherty, Shaw, Rance, McGrath, Scharengberg, Stewart (Ryan, Long)
MID: Danger, Gaz, Bont, Fyfe, Beams, Swallow, Florent, Myers (SPP, Freeman, Graham)
RUC: Gawn, Sandi (Strndica)
FWD: Dahl, Lynch, Heeney, Bennell, McGluggage, Bowes (Pickett, Eddy)

Thinking about Rough, Watson, Elliot, Ryder
Thanks

Kev · 26/01/2017 at 13:56

Chuck that said n the team reveal page, Tommo.

Those you mentioned:
    Should get a look at him/his fitness preseason matches
    "Primed for forward role" apparently
    Won't score enough to be worthwhile
    Needs R1 role for mine. I've been burnt before so I'm wary of him

Tommo09 · 26/01/2017 at 13:59

Ok thanks Kev

Lachie · 27/01/2017 at 03:57

I'm personally staying away from Danger and Gaz for the first few weeks.

jessecanavan · 26/01/2017 at 14:48

Considering a radical, left field strategy. Team structure. Super strong up front, as thats were the only reliable mid pricers are.Almost set and forget fwds. Will trade aggressively early on to upgrade DEF rooks to fallen premo defs ASAP as always pick a couple off cheaply.
DEF
M.Bontempelli
N.Fyfe
D.Shiel
M.Murphy
D.Swallow
S.Pepper pig
D.Myers (C.Brown, Freeman, Bolton)
RUCKS
B.Grundy
A.Sandilands (Strndica)
FWDS
N.Riewoldt
J.McCrae
J.Caddy
P.Ryder
H.Bennell
J.Roughead

Thoughts from the community would be greatly appreciated. This is only a consideration at this point. DEF midpricers killed me last year, pure guns n rooks. Trade up ASAP to Montagna eg who can quickly be picked up for 450-500 early on. Will trade aggressively to do so. Risk v reward.
(Eddy, W.Rioli)

The Bont · 26/01/2017 at 16:49

Murphy , swallow , sandi , Ryder , Bennell and roughy all mId pricers no?
    Could be brilliant or could be a disaster with all of them . I'm with those who mentioned above that Bennell won't play round one ,the rest all carry their risk or reward .

Moustachio · 26/01/2017 at 19:50

Take Dahl over Roo. I'm assuming there will be 1 onfield worthy cow in fwd, eg Black, so maybe you could take 5 fwd premos instead of 6 (Bennell unlikely to start R1 anyway)

jessecanavan · 27/01/2017 at 16:04

Reconsidering, think 6 is a bit top heavy, and will miss a cash cow.

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 20:48

Risk V. Reward strategy and if everything works out how you want you'll probably win at least 1 weekly comp. BUT all it takes is for me to also start one of those risky buggas and they're sure to fail. You're a bit skinny in the mids jesse. I'd burn caddy for a rookie and use the cash to turn Shiel into Pendle or Hanners and Adams into somebody that's more likely to last the full season

jessecanavan · 27/01/2017 at 10:45

Thanks Wombats. Have taken out Bennell(sort of player you want to see going well after 2 games, plus delayed start and Ross Lyon factor) and Caddy. Added Pendles to my mids and Z.Williams to defense for a more balanced structure. Do you rate Z.Williams. Doesnt seem many other options for that 480-510 range, which is all i can afford if i go with pendles. Thanks for the advice mate

wombatsfc · 27/01/2017 at 16:57

I rate Williams very highly and expect to see a further improvement in his scores this year. he's the best sub 500k defender available and likely to be a top 10 by seasons end

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 22:19

Try Trelor instead of Pendlebury

Stirlsy · 26/01/2017 at 17:34

Top job Gav, lots of interesting reading, it's going to be an interesting season.

ethan · 26/01/2017 at 17:46

Thoughts?
Def: Laird, Adams, Hartlett, Mcgrath, Scharnberg, Stewart (Ryan, Berry)

Mid: Danger, JPK, Sidebottom, Fyfe, Heppell, Beams, Swallow, Myers (Bolton, Graham, SPP)

Ruck: Gawn, Ryder (Witts)

Forward: Dalhouse, Macrae, Caddy, Hoskin- Elliot, Mcluggage, Pickett (Smith, Eddy)

SupercoachNerd · 26/01/2017 at 18:38

Sidebottom I like as a smokey

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 19:41

I love the Steele but for me I'm going Treloar At this stage.

Derek · 26/01/2017 at 23:52

Is Adams going to play in the guts this year? I didn't notice him much last year

derek · 26/01/2017 at 21:02

wasting money with Witts at R3

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 22:06

Witts is money for jam if he nails r1. Rookie priced
      Defo watchlist at least.

Thomas · 26/01/2017 at 22:15

Nice midfield

Leeds17 · 27/01/2017 at 12:51

Usually I'd be dead against Witts at R3 and I still am in your team with Ryder at R2 but if it was Sandilands at R2 that could be a different story for me.

Jib Jib · 27/01/2017 at 19:05

If Witts gets a starting spot at GCS a lot of forward structures (mine included) will change.

Derek · 26/01/2017 at 20:58

ive seen plenty of people say that they can get premiums at a cheaper price later on. It seems to me that the defence premiums are more overpriced than the forward premiums. I've also seen plenty of talk that the defence premiums are alot clearer than the forwards and people will wait to see who the forward premiums will be this year.

so i've been researching all of these things and come up with some Team Changing stats.

I looked at the top 8 defenders, imo – Docherty, Simpson, Shaw, Montague, Rance, Adams, Laird, Burgoyne and the top forwards – Rieworldt. Kennedy, Dahlhaus, Delidio, Buddy, Macrea, Gundton, Lynch. You might argue about those 16, but i'd be happy with them in my team.

i compared their 2016 starting price to their highest and lowest prices – prior to round 14 (no point in getting then after round 14) and found the following:

1) 15 out of the 16 players did fall in price from their 2016 starting price, therefore able to be be bought cheaper, some then went back up. Docherty only exception, he never fell below his starting price.
2) If you were able to pick up each player at their lowest price of the year (prior to R14), you would have been able to buy the 8 defenders for $364k cheaper than their starting price, an 8.6% discount. For the Forwards this was $516k cheaper than their starting price or 12.4%.
3) for 2 out of 8 defenders, their starting price was their season highest price, where for 4 out of 8 forwards their staring price was their highest price for the year.
4) amazingly the total 2016 starting price of these 8 defenders and these forwards only differed by 27k (defenders slightly more expensive), but their season ending price showed the defenders were $328k more than the forwards.
5) there was only 2 forwards who reached their season high price after they had reached their season low, where this occurred with 4 out of 8 defenders.
6) however, the same defenders 2017 starting prices are 194k more expensive than their 2016 starting price, where the forwards 2017 starting prices are 11k less than their 2016 starting prices.
7) 4 out of 8 defenders 2017 starting prices are higher than their highest 2016 value reached (Docherty, Simpson, Adams & Laird), where 0 out of 8 forwards have there starting price higher than their highest 2016 price.

So what does all that mean.

The rumor is true, nearly all premium defenders and forwards will fall in price from their starting prices. Forwards however may fall further and in 50 % of cases the starting price will be the most expensive they will be for the season. There didn't seem to be much of a Buffalo Bounce in 2016.

It is true though that the defenders are more expensive this year for the same players, but only about 4%.

The forwards are a mixed and messy bunch, but they do represent good value this year compared to the defenders.

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 22:16

Derek you legend! Great points all round.

Dont Blush Baby · 26/01/2017 at 22:44

Thanks Derek, Agree with that as its i believe the same every year , Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe but you have always said "Pay The Price' – we have to no matter what the price is for our starting Premos to start them and work within with the salary cap.

Eg H.Shaw was approx 150k more in 16 but most still started with him

Finding value in fallen premos due to form or injury is the skill or luck we need to focus on.

Paralysis by Analaysis !

Best Wishes – i hope we find each other in a League this season ,Cheers

Derek · 26/01/2017 at 23:48

Yep. If you want the best players and get the best score you pay the price, you get what you pay for.

My team has Docherty, Danger, Gawn and Roo.

I do only have 2 premium defenders, 6 in the guts and 4 in the forward line. I was looking if spending my starting cash elsewhere was wise.

The rookies will be the key in the end

Lachie · 27/01/2017 at 04:04

Personally, I see this season very hard to pinpoint the top 8 mids. Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Hanneberry, Parker, Sloane, Neale, JPK, Treloar, Selwood, Bont, Zorko to name a few. Hence why I'm sticking to a solid defence this season and a 5 premo mid.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 12:41

starting who I believe to be top 6 mids -I am locking them in from the start as I think there is plenty there in the def rooks.

Danger, pendles, JPK, Jelwood, Treloar and Fyfe.,

AMAC · 27/01/2017 at 13:04

I think that's pretty gutsy Trigger, you could leave yourself exposed back and forward. I also think that Rocky, Hanners and Bont could make the top 6. Who have you got your eye on for the last 2 spots?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 13:55

No guts no glory mate

I have one spot ear marked for rocky after his bye as if up and going no one comes home stronger – he is the freight train finisher

The other will see who puts their hand up coming into their bye

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 22:13

I'm starting with same except Priddis instead of Pendlebury

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 23:53

That's a lot of research Derek but you seem to focusing on buying players rather than scoring points. I don't care if I pay on average 41k more at the start for a premo defender if he's one of the top eight. I'll never make up the 100 points p/player that I fall behind whilst I'm waiting to save 41k so that I can waste a trade.
    It's like shares mate you don't just buy them for value increase they also have dividends even when the market value drops

SCaddict · 27/01/2017 at 02:23

The way the fantasy salary cap system work means that nearly all premos across all positions will be cheaper later in the season so this is not exactly a revelation. The only players who might be more expensive as the year unfolds are obviously rookies, significantly discounted premos coming back from injury like a Wells and the few select midpricers who go on to have a breakout season like Doch as you mentioned. But the vast majority of premos will be available cheaper than their starting price at some point in the season.

In the past I have been extremely reluctant to pay more than a smidge over $500K for a premo defender. Last season I didn't start with Shaw and was somewhat able to get away with it as he had a slightly sluggish start and so I got him for about $50K cheaper around Rd6 as my first upgrade.But there was an element of luck there and was fortunate he didn't drop that 203 monster until Rd9.

However this season I'll probably start with at least 3 (and maybe 4!) 500K plus defenders rather than buggerise around with too many value options like Hodge, Hartlett, Lloyd, Murphy, McDonald, KK, Hibberd etc – who I'm just not sure I can fully trust to have a legit shot in finishing both as a top 8 defender and also play at least 20 games.

jessecanavan · 27/01/2017 at 10:38

My defense killed me last year. Had the likes of Brodie Smith and kk. strict guns n rooks in defense this year. Shaw, Adams, Laird and Z.Williams and 4 rookies. Waiting for slight price fluctuations is not worth the accumulative points you miss on a weekly basis.

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 12:47

Yep. Pay the price to get the points

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 11:57

Love to hear your thoughts SC.
      I was heading off on the wrong path, only going light in defence, 2 premiums and rookies and starting 6 premiums in mids and 4 in forward line.
      What my research told me was that was a bad idea and I'm currently unpacking my team.
      But that is what this time of year is all about

AMAC · 27/01/2017 at 13:15

It's good research though Derek. It reinforces what we intrinsically know. That you should pay the price for premium output from the start. Focus on fallen premos throughout the seaon and something else which can be called mid price madness but I call unlocking value. Most of my preseason is spent on identifying break out candidates and rookies who are best 22.

Kev · 27/01/2017 at 15:12

Breakout contenders are just that, contenders. It's much easier to be a bandwagon jumper than trying to guess what the coaches instructions to a player and his role is – especially if his name is Ross Lyon

AMAC · 27/01/2017 at 17:07

I agree Kev, breakout contenders are just contenders. It is however, much more fulfilling and definitely more rewarding to get them right at the start of the season, than to ride the wagon with the band. Not to mention the saving of trades. You only need one or two like Zach Merrett or Docherty last year to be well in front of the pack.

Jib Jib · 27/01/2017 at 19:11

Yeah but for every Docherty there is a Tom Sheridan, ever Zac Merrett a Josh Kelly. I've had such appalling luck picking breakout players I'm not going to bother this years. Guns and rookies all the way.

Kev · 27/01/2017 at 20:14

Depends how you play the game, AMAC. If you go too balls out from the start your year can be over pretty quickly.

Unless you get completely boned by injury, saving trades isn't as big of a deal as it used to be.

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 22:16

I agree, will trade more aggressively this year than other years

AMAC · 27/01/2017 at 22:17

I play to win Kev.
                Identifying the top premos is relatively benign. Selecting 4 of Adam Treloar, Tom Rockliff, Matt Priddis, Dayne Zorko, Rory Sloane, Dustin Martin, Robbie Gray, Marcus Bontempelli, Josh P. Kennedy, Dan Hannebery, Lachie Neale, Luke Parker, Joel Selwood, Zach Merrett is not difficult and will not win you anything.
                Going balls out is the only way and I respectfully disagree about trades not being a big deal. They are gold. Most teams will need at least 20 to get to full premo. You cannot waste them.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 13:49

[email protected]

Thought we may have lost u there for a bit.

Welcome back mate!

SCaddict · 27/01/2017 at 18:01

Just like to have a spell in the offseason Trigger to recharge the fantasy batteries.

Still listened to the gang's podcasts and followed some of the site articles.

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 23:06

Will you be starting Ablett this year SC?

SCaddict · 27/01/2017 at 23:32

Probably not unless he knocks my socks off in the JLT. Accordingly my True Believers league from last year (which required initial Gaz ownership) will be very likely laid to rest in 2017. So I might have to come up with another themed league this season.

How about you Derek? To Gaz or not to Gaz?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 23:38

Not to Gaz for me in 2017

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 23:54

I thought he might have been cheaper, but over $600k it's no for me.

But you never know

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 23:40

Fair enough

Hopefully u r now all charged up for a big year.

Need to organise a comp so we can go up against each other – maybe 2mrw.

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 00:14

My recurring 'Jock's Good Eggs' league has several vacancies right now so you're welcome to join that if you like Trigger (code = 593610).

Otherwise we can sort out a brand new league later on.

Derek · 28/01/2017 at 18:10

Got the last spot

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 19:38

I noticed those sneaky Bunnies snuck in.

Well I guess you're officially a good egg then. 🙂

Nifty · 28/01/2017 at 23:42

Hey Addict.. Keen again this year if your doing a league again similar to Compulsory GAJ..

SCaddict · 29/01/2017 at 00:52

I'm thinking it's probably time for a lot of us fantasy coaches to move on from Gaz to some fresh meat. So maybe we should create a themed league where membership requires you to start with at least one elite mid young gun.

To give that an arbitrary definition or cutoff let's say a midfielder who turns 24 this year (or younger of course) i.e born on or after 1993 and is priced at $550K or more. This would include Neale, Bont, Treloar, Cripps, Titch, Coniglio or Zerrett. This represents the exciting new face of the league.

I reckon loads of coaches will be starting with at least one of these young studs anyway so the criteria shouldn't be too onerous for many. We could call the league The New Wave or Next Generation or something.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/01/2017 at 09:34

Great idea mate.

I Might start one called "Titch to Scratch" where u have to have Tom Mitchell in your team?

Shane-O · 26/01/2017 at 21:14

It's TOM Bellchambers… not that he's overly relevant but still

wombatsfc · 26/01/2017 at 21:18

Poor bloke you're probably the first to notice Mrs Bellchambers

Shane-O · 26/01/2017 at 21:21

And seriously, did anyone read Patch's article! So many burn men this post is a fire hazard!!

Gaveday · 26/01/2017 at 22:12

Whoops. Guess the belch is so not on my radar his first name eluded me. And thanks for the feedback….. look this article is more to deter than to attract -but there's some seriously good value in the YESMEN. It's subjective,granted, and I was always going to provoke debate, but I do outline why they are cheap. The auctioneer can't do much more that!

ethan · 27/01/2017 at 11:13

Playing around with team a bit could we gets your thoughts community

Def: Leigh, Adams, Laird, McGrath, Scharenberg, Ryan (Ed Vickers-Willis, Stewart)

Mid: Danger, Pendlebury, JPK, Coniglio, Fyfe, Heppell, Swallow, Myers (SPP, Bolton, Graham)

Ruck: Gawn, Sandiballs (Darcy Cameron)

Forward: Dalhaus, Macrae, Caddy, Mccluggage, Pickett, Smith (Eddy, Long)

Kevan · 27/01/2017 at 11:18

Hi Jock and community. Have been looking at returning Bombers, not to the Bombers, but to new clubs. Will Carlisle's return boost the significance of Shane Savage? Penny for your thoughts. My brief glance says yes.

AMAC · 27/01/2017 at 13:31

Savage is a good average player imo. I think Carlisle will have a small positive impact on Savage but he is still not Supercoach relevant. I have a very strong feeling that a St Kilda player is going to take a large step forward this year. I haven't identified who just yet but my eyes are squarely on Luke Dunstan and Jack Billings.

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 15:27

Savage has a low ceiling. 110 was his best score last season. And the 39 44 & 46 turds he left would leave you in the foetal position for a 447k player. He'd need to increase his average by 15 points per game to be a good selection & top defender. There is no statistical evidence to suggest that's possible. Spend a bit more & get someone proven

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 15:33

For me billings doesn't get enough of the ball so he is reliant on kicking goals to score well.

So if he can kick more goals or if he gets more midfield mins then he could be a breakout contender.

No sure of who is going to get mid mins at the saints at the moment they have lots of options including Steele will need to wait and see how they line up in JLT.

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 15:35

Savage would need to raise his Av by 15 points per game to be a top defender. It won't happen. Spend a bit more & get someone proven

Ross · 27/01/2017 at 18:14

*Hint* Blake Acres *Hint* Just trust me

Raging Bulls · 27/01/2017 at 19:35

Yes Acres is definitely one to watch

AMAC · 27/01/2017 at 21:56

Good info gents. I had looked at him but he doesn't fit my games profile with only 26. It seems to me the most likely brake our candidates have 40-60 games, 3-4 seasons and are 22 year olds. Even better if they show steady progession and were high draft picks. Jack Billings typifies my thinking. I will watch Acres with much interest in th JLT. thanks

matt · 27/01/2017 at 11:54

Hey lads, join up to 714759, looking to make a competitive league, hopefully make the top 10 leagues! If you're regularly in the top 500 I would love to have you!

Leeds17 · 27/01/2017 at 13:12

Is their really much point starting anyone priced over 200k unless you're really confident they'll be a keeper?

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 13:25

If your confident they can make you 200k in return then I thinks that's worth it

Leeds17 · 27/01/2017 at 13:38

I suppose i'm having trouble wrapping my head around what a guys like Elliott, Roughead, Christensen ect have to score/average to be relevant if they aren't going to be keepers.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 13:45

Reckon roughie a fair chance to.be a keeper

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 14:45

Some value in Elliott but not enough to interest me. As Trigger says Roughie could be a keeper, but I wonder how much has his treatment taken from his conditioning. Close eye on Roughie during the preseason. Christensen at 377k is a big no no.

@t_woof · 27/01/2017 at 15:55

Rough reminds me a bit of JJK in 2013 when he was discounted.

JJK finished with an average of 89.9 that year, after getting off to a flyer (109, 103, 136, 68, 124 first five rounds) I can see Rough averaging very similar.

Lines up R1, then most will have him. Key will be what you do with him later in the year. F6, trade at peak, hold and ends up as bench cover.

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 16:32

No DPP so I wouldn't consider him for bench cover. If he doesn't look like a top 8 forward then more him on when your team is finished

@t_woof · 27/01/2017 at 16:37

That's a fair call re no DPP, INP.

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 17:14

If your going for cover it has to be DPP

Gaveday · 27/01/2017 at 19:55

I understand your pain.To me if you can make a minimum of 150k you'd give the bloke a pass. Like a D+. Really you want +200k and beyond. Elliott for example is priced at 290k and I'm copping flack for calling him a yes. But his peak price in his last full season is 450k. I'm betting he'll get there again.

I N Pieman · 28/01/2017 at 09:16

He needs some big bags to get there quickly Gave. Or it's a slow burn & could take most of the season

Lachie · 28/01/2017 at 16:02

The early half of the season isn't all about points, but more about cash generation.

jessecanavan · 27/01/2017 at 15:33

on my watchlist. Who am i. I have previously averaged 88 off half back. I have a deadly left foot. I will benefit from the retirement of Malceski. The coach loves me. I am playing for my career. I am a defender priced at 238k. The ultimate risk v reward selection. If im fit, which by all accounts i am, and play pre season cup, i must at least be considered. I am a burn man, but then again, so was Heater.I am Trent McKenzie, and before you laugh, at 238k, i should be on your watchlist. Only needs to play5-8 games to be a brilliant stepping stone. Not a keeper by any means, and plums the size of texas needed to select. Not for me personally, but for those who like a risky smoky that could pay off handsomely.

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 15:53

No thanks Trent. I'd rather a cheap rookie. The coach doesn't love you by the way. He finds you frustrating

jessecanavan · 27/01/2017 at 15:36

Is Callan Ward a good pick. I know will share points, but the Giants will smash all before them this year. Sharing points does'nt seem to hurt Sydney mids too much. I like him. A contested beast, with very low ownership. Thoughts community.

Ross · 27/01/2017 at 18:14

Can have some big ones but some low ones as well. What's his price?

Rogie · 27/01/2017 at 18:19

I've had him the last two years and while his average is ok he also goes missing in quaters if he can't get near it. Will have a couple of good games but on game day, when your looking at a match up and your 10 points behind (or in front!) and you've got Ward up against a Treloar or other similar premium, i know where i want to be. Contested ball winner no doubt but not for me.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/01/2017 at 15:42

He was a beast (still is) a couple of years ago when GWS were still developing their kids. Owned the middle.

He still is a beast but over the last two years his scores have started to drop off as the boys arrived.

Problem I see is swans have 3-4 gun mids who share the points.

GWS will 8 plus (doesnt include tarranto) who will all feast on the points but there r only so many to go around so one mid will score big one week and another the next. Ward will be part of that cycle.

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 16:09

More of the same from Ward I'd say. Some really good games but I'm looking elsewhere

Pitch 72 · 27/01/2017 at 16:32

Going with 'guns and rooks' this year, with the exception of Ryder who will be No 1 ruck this season at port and T. Boyd who announced himself in the finals last season and reckon should ave 85+.

Def – Docherty, Shaw, Adams, Burgoyne, Berry, Ryan. (Stewart, Long)
Mid – Dangerfield, J Kennedy, Treloar, Bontempelli, Fyfe, Powell Pepper, Myers, Graham. (Hibberd, Brown, Bolton)
Ruck – Gawn, Sandilands. (Strnadica)
Forwards – Riewoldt, Dahlhaus, Ryder, T. Boyd, Mcluggage, Bowes. (Pickett, Eddy)

No doubt this line up will change in the nest couple of months, especially the rooks, but will be steering clear of the likes of Swallow, O'meara, Beams, reckon they will be much talked about burn men later on this year.

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 21:42

If Lobbe is named round 1 get rid of Ryder.

Boyd won't go near an 85 average. He might crack 85 in a couple of games but his average will be 65-75 imo

Pitch 72 · 27/01/2017 at 16:39

If anyones interested in winning a supercoach gold subscription just found a facebook page with a contest. Easy to enter all you have to do is tag 1 person

@t_woof · 27/01/2017 at 16:47

Does anyone know if "sharked hitouts" will be negative points again in 2017?

They were last year, but never listed on the official scoring table on the SC website.

Kev · 27/01/2017 at 20:21

No idea. I wish they'd be a bit more transparent with the stats they use. HOA are a huge part of the game now but not available

@t_woof · 27/01/2017 at 20:38

I wish they were too Kev. Was dirty about the mid season discovery of this rule last year.

Agree with you again there. Would love to have access to historical HOA stats. Would be good to sink the teeth into em'.

Tommo09 · 27/01/2017 at 17:03

Is it risky to have Lynch, Heeney, Bennell and Rough in the Sam fwd line?
I could downgrade Bennell or Rough to a rookie and the other to a premo
Thoughts?

Kev · 27/01/2017 at 20:19

Lynch (the GC one) is a safe pick one would think. Question marks over the other 3. Bennell right for round 1? Will Heeney get enough mid time to be push his average up? Rough, match fitness?

It's not a bad setup. Hope the JLT gives us some answers

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 21:36

Roughie is fit enough.

Burnmen · 03/02/2017 at 08:09

Roughy, lock, Lynch lock. others are potential burnmen. heeney has potential but is over rated.

Wighty · 27/01/2017 at 17:03

Shoenmakers f6/7/8 ??

PillyBuster · 10/02/2017 at 12:34

safe option, but no real potential

Wighty · 27/01/2017 at 17:03

He's only 155.1

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 17:20

Hmmmm is he best 22? Borderline I'd say. If he can get back to a 60 Av there is some value. I can't see him getting far past 300k. Personally I'm looking elsewhere

@t_woof · 27/01/2017 at 20:42

Roughead back, and the inclusion of Vickery. Need to see where Schoey fits in. Hopefully know more after the pre season matches.

I'm not sure where he fits in right at this time. Forward line all available, to me would be; Roughead, Vickery, Gunston, Rioli, Breust, Puopolo.

Unless he's tried as a defender again. Still smarting from the retirement of Lake.

Too many questions to make a firm call at the moment. Watch the pre season matches closely.

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 21:31

He did play the last 3 games of 2016, but I can't see him in best 22.

Even if he does, never averaged over 68 in his best years

UncleSwaggy · 27/01/2017 at 17:46

whats the communities thoughts on kayne turner? never considered him until i saw the 170k price tag. should play most games for north and id expect a solid 60-70 point average

Keenbutclueless · 27/01/2017 at 19:05

Certainly on my radar. North played him late in the season, so would appear to be best 22, which at his price tag should be enough.

Kevan · 27/01/2017 at 19:26

According to Footywire, played rounds 5 (51) and 6 (11).

Keenbutclueless · 27/01/2017 at 19:46

That's what happens when you do things from memory and don't research properly. You make a goose of yourself. Thanks for setting me straight Kevan. Will still keep him under watch, but you have cooled my enthusiasm a tad. Might have been a POD trap you saved me from stepping in. Wish someone had saved me from stepping in that trap last year. Yes, I am looking at you Kyle Langford.

Kev · 27/01/2017 at 20:03

Forward rookies are looking pretty well stocked at the moment. A 60-70 average is not beyond a 117-123k rookie

UncleSwaggy · 27/01/2017 at 20:13

all good points guys, probably wont go him myself. hasnt been the best scorer in the past but has shown flashes of being a decent player

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 20:20

Agree with Kev. In fact 102-123k players look equally capable if not better. Lots better. Turner's historical numbers are very poor. Pass

UncleSwaggy · 27/01/2017 at 20:31

might have given more thought in another year without such a deep draft class

I N Pieman · 27/01/2017 at 20:43

In other years perhaps. But not this one

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 21:34

What forward rookies? Who

UncleSwaggy · 27/01/2017 at 23:38

in terms of cheapies theres rioli, long, eddy, bolton, brown to name a few, thens theres other more expensive ones like galucci venables ainsworth bowes s theres quite a few options

Moustachio · 29/01/2017 at 15:20

Many of those are very unlikely R1 starters, or are guns but have questionable JS due to competition for spots. I will be happy to have one cheap onfield playable rook up fwd this year

UncleSwaggy · 29/01/2017 at 16:21

theres a few more also that are popular picks early, but at the end of the day its all speculation at this point and none of us really know untill we've seen a few rounds of preseaon

Leeds17 · 29/01/2017 at 18:33

Someone has to get the free points from the retirees at North, my money is on Wood and Hrovat… And probably Higgins to have a better season

UncleSwaggy · 29/01/2017 at 21:11

as a north man i love wood, but im not sure id pick any of the three for supercoach this year, id say wood a 2018 option, dont think hrovat will scre enough to justify putting in your team and higgin is well… higgins, will get injured at some point

Liam · 27/01/2017 at 21:53

Lids or Macrae ?

Dont Blush Baby · 27/01/2017 at 22:12

Macrae for me,Lids getting too many old man injuries for my liking

AMAC · 27/01/2017 at 22:46

I agree DBB, and that forward line is incredible! Similar to the comments above about Callan Ward. The points will be shared around with no clear standout.

Brendan · 27/01/2017 at 22:15

Hey guys need some help with my team.
Not sure to either go
Gawn and Roughead/Bennell
or
Stef Martin and Macrae ??

Please let me know which option is better.
Cheers Brendan.

Derek · 27/01/2017 at 23:47

Gawn is almost a must have to me.

SCaddict · 27/01/2017 at 23:54

Assuming Roughie and/or Bennell lace up for Rd 1 I'd lean towards option A right now. I really like Macrae as a forward option and will be trying like buggery to squeeze him into my forward line but he's just short of a "must have" or lock for mine.

Also I was pretty badly burnt starting Stef last season where many other coaches went with big Maxy instead. Really put me at a competitive disadvantage in many of my early league matches and my ladder position suffered accordingly.

So I personally can't go back to the Stef well in 2017 nor can recommend other coaches do either.

PhillyBuster · 10/02/2017 at 12:38

Stef if he plays a sole ruck will go large with the new rule. Macrae is a a jet. No risk.
    So I disagree . Roughy/Bennell carry a risk factor you can bypass Brendon

poloko48 · 27/01/2017 at 22:52

First crack for 2017, welcome back everyone!

DEF: Doc, Adams (MID), Kelly (MID), Keeffe, Scharenberg, Collins (Ryan, Long (FWD))
MID: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Bont, Prestia, DSwallow, Ainsworth (FWD), Myers (Pickett (FWD), Freeman, Witherden (DEF))
RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Strnadica (FWD))
FWD: Macrae (MID), Heeney, Ryder (RUC), McCarthy, White (MID), Thomas (MID) (Simpkin, Gallucci (MID))

A few POD's in there as well as some fallen mid pricers which should help get to premo a bit quicker hopefully.
First draft though so I'm sure this will change a couple of dozen times.
Only $11.8K left is an immediate concern though…

Love some feedback guys & gals!

Gaveday · 28/01/2017 at 07:55

I'm looking at Prestia myself. Everyone seems likely to go Martin or Caddy. I like Dion. Goes +125 at least a few times in a season. Looking to him for a BIG year with the Tiges.
    You could probably trade Goldy for sandi and use the extra 200+ to boost your fwd line. Get Bennell!

Leeds17 · 28/01/2017 at 09:15

Kelly is an interesting one, looking at the Dons' make up he does still look like the main distributor off half back I just feel they'll be looking to replace him over the season.

Dont Blush Baby · 28/01/2017 at 10:16

I've been talked out of the Bont ,he's a gun but 3rd up rule may hurt, I've gone Titchell atm but also looking at Dion

Jib Jib · 28/01/2017 at 10:55

Same, safer to keep him as an upgrade target if he can push his average above 110

poloko48 · 28/01/2017 at 14:03

Yeah I'm 50/50 on him atm, might look at another option – one less premo in MID, one more premo in FWD.
        So out goes Bont, in comes SPP, out goes Simpkin, in comes Buddy.
        Also gives me a bit more spare $$$ – $57.2K instead of $11.8K.

Looks a bit more balanced now.

Jib Jib · 28/01/2017 at 10:55

He will definitely be rested, I predict 15-17 games tops.

poloko48 · 28/01/2017 at 14:04

Yeah food for thought there, have replaced him with Heater instead.

Natho · 27/01/2017 at 23:17

Love this community's work been around for a while dont often comment created a league i usually rank around the top couple of thousand feel free to join up 503125

Leeds17 · 28/01/2017 at 10:37

Little help from the community please can you guys throw up some names of SC relevant players who've comeback from season ending injuries pre 2016, Libba and Menzel last season obviously but would like it to be at least 2 seasons since injury, I know Robbie Gray but struggling to think of others. cheers.

Mac · 28/01/2017 at 10:58

Barlow? Had a broken leg
    Linc McCarthy who was a popular rookie last year
    Bryce Gibbs did his pectoral
    Jobe Watson and his shoulder
    Jaegar O'Meara
    Mumford
    Petracca

Kev · 28/01/2017 at 11:49

Sandi was cheap in 2014 after buggering his hammy (I think that was his injury)

PhillyBuster · 10/02/2017 at 12:40

About 1/2 the pies team if you believe what you read….seriously

Danielle · 28/01/2017 at 11:18

Any love for that mummys boy Cam Mccarthy?…..He is so cheap….think he will be in round 1 team for Freo?

I N Pieman · 28/01/2017 at 11:50

Will line up bar injury. But he won't be a great cash cow. Won't be in my team

Danielle · 28/01/2017 at 12:00

got one place up for grabs in my team in the feds for a risky mid-pricer….its out of Mccarthy, Elliott, or Matt White

Danielle · 28/01/2017 at 12:16

ps………………it will be F4 if its Elliott, or f5 for the other 2 spuds

I N Pieman · 28/01/2017 at 12:39

Personally in that situation I'd bank the cash & grab a cheap rookie. Will probably outscore Maccarthy anyway

Kev · 28/01/2017 at 11:53

Massive opportunity at Freo. I have doubts over how much of the ball ge can get. 9 touches and 3.7 marks per game in 2015. Not enough

Gaveday · 28/01/2017 at 14:06

I have much love for Cam Mac. Priced at 200k if he emulates the pav's last season, which was dire, he'll end up around 380k 420k. Died not have to set the world on fire to get there either. Fyfe and Bennell feeding the ball to hells.

Yes for cam!

Gaveday · 28/01/2017 at 14:07

That read like garbage. Heat must be getting to me. I meant *does not have to set the world on fire. And *feeding the ball to him helps

I N Pieman · 28/01/2017 at 14:30

Lol Gave. Have a beer son. Im pretty good at spotting a trap & I think cam Mac is one

Gaveday · 28/01/2017 at 18:53

How'd you know? Whoops. On holidays….

Rabbits16 · 28/01/2017 at 15:09

The all knowing wise part of your mind is having an intervention with that part of your mind that is considering cam mcarthy hence the mindless dribble coming out 😉

Gaveday · 28/01/2017 at 18:55

Wise old zen philosophy says "we won't know till round 6 or 8"

Zen. True story.

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 22:46

He should be on our watch lists. Agree with Pieman that he probably doesn't present as the most attractive cash cow prospect given that he is a KPP, missed a full year of AFL footy and only averaged a very modest 53pts from his 20 games in 2015.

But if some of the cheaper forward options on Jock's rookie cheat sheet dry up and don't get named for Rd1 he could come in to play. Will be interested to see how he performs in the JLT.

Matthew · 28/01/2017 at 11:20

First crack needs some improvements
DEF: Doc, Adams, Laird, Bob Murph, Mcgrath, scharenberg (Ryan and stewat)
MID: Danger, JPK, Bont, Fyfe, S Mitchell, Swallow, Sam Powell Pepper, D Myers. (Freeman, Graham, Greenwood)
Ruck: Sandi and B Grundy (Strandica)
FWD: Macrae, Caddy, heeney, Roughy, Mccluggage, Bowes. (Eddy,Pickett)
Thoughts are much appreciated!

Kev · 28/01/2017 at 11:57

Not bad, Matthew. Few too many expensive rooks for my taste. Have a look at other teams to find popular cheaper ones.

Lachie · 28/01/2017 at 16:01

Big risk going without Sandilands. I personally thing you need a better F1, someone like Roo or Dahlhouse

Andrew · 28/01/2017 at 13:31

Can anyone tell how to subscribe to SC Gold, Everything on the website seems to send me to a place to subscribe to the paper, which I don't want.

Krups · 28/01/2017 at 13:51

Knowledge is power: An automatic SuperCoach Gold trial comes with your registration. Check it out, grow your super power and remember the trial expires at the end of Round 2

Krups · 28/01/2017 at 13:55

Go through the my account option that is located in the top right of screen and have a play in there

Andrew · 28/01/2017 at 14:03

cheers, thanks

poloko48 · 28/01/2017 at 14:09

poloko48 team #2:

DEF: Doc, Heater, Adams (MID), Keeffe, Scharenberg, Collins (Ryan, Long (FWD))
MID: Danger, Pendles, JPK, Prestia, DSwallow, Ainsworth (FWD), SPP, Myers (Pickett (FWD), Freeman, Witherden)
RUC: Gawn, Goldy (Strnadica (FWD))
FWD: Buddy, Macrae (MID), Heeney, Ryder (RUC), McCarthy, White (MID) (Thomas (MID), Galluci (MID))

$57.2K left over.

Changes:
OUT Bont IN SPP
OUT Simpkin IN Buddy
OUT Kelly IN Heater

Thoughts?

I N Pieman · 28/01/2017 at 14:48

Get rid of Keefe. Playing as a 2nd key forward this season. Scoring will be worse than when he was a defender which was rubbish. Ainsworth will be playing as a small forward, at 200k get rid of him. Send McCarthy White & Thomas down to cheap rookies & use the money to send aisnwroth up to someone decent

neil demons delight · 28/01/2017 at 15:40

mids look weak maybe macrae to rook and get bont back

Lachie · 28/01/2017 at 15:59

Defence is a bit iffy. I'd downgrade Macrae to Bennell or McCluggage and upgrade Prestia to someone like Fyfe.

Willymack1234 · 28/01/2017 at 15:35

Thoughts on Coniglio as a pod?

Jib Jib · 28/01/2017 at 16:07

One of a bunch of GWS mids who are going to take turns at sharing big scores. I think that's why everyone is avoiding GWS players this year.

Sean · 28/01/2017 at 16:12

Pretty keen on consiglio for what it's worth

Kev · 28/01/2017 at 17:33

Fantastic unit GWS mids. There's no massive standout though, likely to share around points

I was big on him early but cooled a bit. Upgrade target if he's going well cos I love him

SupercoachNerd · 28/01/2017 at 20:24

I really like him

Danners · 28/01/2017 at 21:29

A very handy POD, was a former top 3 pick so he has the potential to go bigger

Lazza · 30/01/2017 at 18:11

4th player in my team after Danger, Gawn, and Docherty.

Sean · 28/01/2017 at 16:41

Okay first draft would love any feedback first to admit shocking backline but all expected to play and will heavily upgrade asap
Rance Francis dpp Logue keefe vickers Newman Ryan Stewart
Danger jpk Hannebery Neale treolar cripps Fyfe Myers pepper hibberd graham
Gawn sandy srrnadica
Lynch caddy Ryder Bennell knight Rioli eddy

Please tear this to shreds and let me know why this won't work midfield done bar Pendles and will get ample points early for midfielders I count 12 maybe 13 keepers

Kev · 28/01/2017 at 17:30

You must be sitting on plenty of cash, Sean? Why no faith in the backline mate? Shaw, Doch, Simmo, Joey, ZW, Adams all fairly popular.

Sean · 28/01/2017 at 17:43

Hi Kev thanks for the feedback I love the early discussion I have faith just that the midfielders average higher than the backs just wanted to sneak early points that's all but it is a risky tactic no doubt just throwing ideas around

neil demons delight · 28/01/2017 at 17:31

ged ay Sean pure keepers rance danger hanna neale treloar fyfe gawn maybe lynch 9 cripps may miss a couple.Sorry mate but mid pricers like caddy sandy bennell ryder don't think so but my opinion backline weak

Sean · 28/01/2017 at 17:41

Okay taken on board back to the drawing board thanks for the feedback I think caddy Bennell and Ryder will be top 10 forwards though only see Nic reiwoldt mcrae and Dahl ahead of them also you missed jpk

neil demons delight · 28/01/2017 at 20:07

sorry mate definetely top 8

Paul · 29/01/2017 at 11:45

You're missing out on plenty of mid rookies. Go back over the years and see which rookies make the most money….mids. The game is about increasing the value of your team, not banking early points.

gator59 · 28/01/2017 at 17:22

Thoughts on this side guys Much appreciated.. Cheers

Backs Simmo… Rance … Vince… Bob murph … Berry… Newman…( Ryan.. Ridley)

Mids Danger… Pendles… JPK… Trealor… Fyfe… Prestia… Myers… SPP… ( Witherden… Brown… Bolton)

Rucks Gawn… sandilands… ( Strdick)

Fwds Dahlhouse… Ryder… Bennell… Roughie… T. Smith… Eddy….. (Long… Pickett

Kev · 28/01/2017 at 17:26

Looks good, gator. Solid rooks. Starting to see Prestia in a few more sides now. He could go 110+ injury free.

Not a huge fan of Vince and Bob in your backline.

gator59 · 28/01/2017 at 17:57

Thanks Kev,, It's bloody harder than we think this year with so many solid in defence players to pick from this year compared to others..

Derek · 28/01/2017 at 18:16

What do you expect from Bob? Keeper? His best years he didn't average 90, so don't expect him to go near that. Won't be a cash cow, too expensive.

gator59 · 28/01/2017 at 18:29

Have swapped to Laird an Scharengerg.. Thanks Derek

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 19:54

I did a similar thing last week replacing Bob with Laird after thinking it through.

Whilst Bob is definitely underpriced it is probably a stretch to expect he could seriously press for top 8 defender honours given his age, previous SC averages and missing a year of footy with a serious injury.

gator59 · 28/01/2017 at 19:59

Hi SC are you doing the same league as last year that we were in!!

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 20:31

If you mean the True Believers league – where all participants had to start with Gaz – probably not as I'm unlikely to start with the bald genius in 2017. Finally fatigued on having to trade the blighter out every season once that shoulder eventually went kaput again.

Might upgrade to him post byes if he can show us he still has that magic and just as importantly that the ole bod looks like it will hold together for the back half of the season.

But I'll create some new leagues closer to Rd1 once we've had our fill of JLT action including a different themed one which you and other community members will be welcome to join. So far I have only joined 3 leagues of the 10 allocation and will announce the codes for the new leagues here some time in March.

gator59 · 28/01/2017 at 20:46

Thanks SC , Will keep a look out for your code.. Cheers mate

Derek · 28/01/2017 at 20:28

roughie is a bit different as he can be top 12 and maybe a keeper. Underpriced and could score ok. I'm thinking about Roughie but usually don't like KEy position players

gator59 · 28/01/2017 at 20:50

Yeah a pity Roughie has'nt got a DPP….More than likely will have a run in the ruck from time to time

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 20:52

Absolutely Derek. Roughie was a perennial 95-105 avg player up until his illness. He also only just cracked the big '3 O' last week so tooth length is not a major concern in my view.

If he can average near that 95 this season he would very likely finish a top 8 forward considering Lids averaged 95 in 2016 and is currently the 4th ranked forward based on 2016 averages.

At this stage I'm planning to go either Roughie or Bennell for F5 so hopefully at least one of them lace up for Rd1.

Liam · 28/01/2017 at 20:55

Deep forward line. What is your current structure with them at F5 ?

neil demons delight · 28/01/2017 at 21:04

tim smith from dees I think Liam.Casey player not without a chance

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 21:10

It's very early days obviously so I'm sure things will change but right now I'm thinking something along the lines of Dahl, Macrae, Heeney, Ryder, Bennell or Roughie, rookie, rookie, rookie.

But plenty of premos are still in the frame including JJK, Lynch (GC) and Buddy so we'll see what happens over the next 8 weeks.

How about you Liam? What forward line are you rocking with right now?

Liam · 28/01/2017 at 21:32

Roo, Dahl, Macrae, Bennell/Roughead then 4 rookies.
                  I have gone with 'safer' premium options, (not confident in Heeney and Ryder to be top 10).

What is your overall team structure ? Just wondering in where you've taken the cash for your forward line from.

Derek · 28/01/2017 at 21:42

Ive taken Roo out. Read that he hasn't been joining in with much of the running at training, trying to nurse his left knee through pre-season. Sorry Roo.
                    I'm seriously considering Cyril.

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 21:44

From my midfield. I'm probably one mid elite short compared to a lot of coaches right now.

But the key determinant for structures for many if not most coaches will be how the rookie tree shakes out for Rd1. Until we know the quality and availability of rookies across all lines we are probably fooling ourselves if we think we have our structures solidified in January.

For we won't really know that until the team sheets drop on March 23.

Gaveday · 28/01/2017 at 22:07

Bang on about team sheets. See a lot teams with SPP and Eddy and I'm just not convinced. I'm locking in Keefe and Sharenberg though. "Locking"….

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 11:08

Keefe is playing as a key forward Gave. Don't do it

Derek · 28/01/2017 at 21:44

Roughie was doing some centre clearance work prior to his last injury.

SCaddict · 28/01/2017 at 21:58

If he had DPP ruck status he would be a dead set lock if he lines up for Rd1 and would lessen my interest in Ryder for ruck backup.

But even as it stands he has every chance of making my forward line and plenty of other coaches I'm guessing.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 28/01/2017 at 22:54

Rolling with Rough until convinced otherwise.

Gaveday · 29/01/2017 at 07:25

Likewise

Dont Blush Baby · 29/01/2017 at 08:28

I have Nankervis in front of Ryder atm, hopefully he will get the Ruck gig in front of Hampson ,save 50k but see what happens over the next month

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 11:07

Nankervis DBB. Now that's a very risky pick. Not a big enough sample size for me

Kev · 29/01/2017 at 11:15

Agree, Pie. Hampson was huge last year. Knocked off Ivan. Can't see Dimma just dropping him.

Nank will play half forward/chopping out in the ruck, David Hale style

SCaddict · 29/01/2017 at 11:22

Yeah Ryder is only $40K more so if you are going with forward ruck cover he is probably the guy to go for.

Otherwise if you are not interested in Ryder I just wouldn't bother with DPP insurance at all and free up that spot for someone who has a decent crack at finishing as a top 8 forward like a Roughie or Bennell for similar coinage (assuming they line-up for Rd1).

But maybe Nankervis will prove us all wrong in the JLT and will force us to seriously consider him…

Paul · 29/01/2017 at 11:39

Sandilands with 3rd man up rule + Fyfe/Mundy/Neale = free points. Must pick Sandilands.

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 12:06

Hard to argue. But don't expect him to be a keeper. If you pick him you must expect to trade him

Mac · 29/01/2017 at 12:35

You can say that for any ruckman?
      E.g Zac Smith with Danger, Selwood, Grundy with Pendles, Treloar, Sidey

Trouble with Sandilands is his age, and will be be able to recapture his form?

neil demons delight · 29/01/2017 at 12:38

as a cash cow could make 200 but points lost by not picking goldy may outweigh this tough one I have sandy/gawn to get Sloan.whats the points diff between Sloan and swallow going to be .Could well make up GOLDYS 20 per week on Sandy maybe more Hate this game sends you jimmy KRACKERS

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 12:53

Goldy has been on "light duties" all preseason. I don't like the sound of that

Ryan MMA · 29/01/2017 at 13:29

Your defiantly right Pieman he has missed a few sessions. Expect Daw to play a more significant role this year. Golds output will drop.

Not sure bout sandy, I'm going Gawn and grundy at this stage

Derek · 29/01/2017 at 19:04

Sandi price just to good to ignore, won't be a keeper, but will generate a reasonable score to allow a premium elsewhere.

Wait….. I said that about Lobbe last year……. and TBC the year before that.

Dont Blush Baby · 29/01/2017 at 13:33

ha ha ,got a stutter mate,soz could'nt help myself INP, I hadn't heard that about Goldy have might go Gawn/Sandi , a lot can happen in the next month though – Don't forget league that you promised to invite me in please mate,cheers

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 13:47

I'll be setting up some leagues in the next few weeks DBB

Krups · 29/01/2017 at 13:36

Get on Hickey

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 14:00

Can't wait to see the magazine article on him

Redgumwon · 29/01/2017 at 13:21

Does anyone think that Birchall (Haw) could spend more time on the wing in the midfield? With Lewis, Mitchell & Hill moving on the Hawks need a little more outside run that uses the ball well in the midfield. Birchall might be a backline option if he does move into the middle

Ryan · 29/01/2017 at 13:26

Very minimal chance mate, Birchall doesn't have the engine to play on wing. Lewis and Mitchell will be replaced by omeara and Tmitchell. Outside run will be provided by smith, Hartung, even brust and rioli fur periods of time.

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 13:39

Tmitch & JOM will be joining Burgoyne in the midfield this season

Dont Blush Baby · 29/01/2017 at 13:57

If silk is a regular Mid he could be a must have @ 515k in D ?

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 14:18

I'll be asking him personally over the coming weeks DBB. If he's playing primary mid then he could be an excellent pick

Derek · 29/01/2017 at 18:59

Birchells best days are behind him

Burnmen · 03/02/2017 at 08:06

Agree

Redgumwon · 29/01/2017 at 13:31

Thanks Ryan

Alferton · 29/01/2017 at 14:55

Hi community. Quick question I'm only a second year player and my team as it stands has 6 Collingwood players in it. Rd 13 bye rd I have 12 outs. Is this to many players from one team? As it stands I have: T Adams, L Keeffe, M Scharenberg, S Pendlebury, A Treloar, J Thomas. And I'm not even a Collingwood supporter.
Thoughts please.

Treloar & Order · 29/01/2017 at 15:06

can get rid of josh Thomas until he has been confirmed as elevated from the rookie list, plenty of other cheaper options that will play

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 15:39

And there's much better options than Keefe. SuperCoach scoring spud

Burnmen · 03/02/2017 at 08:06

Taylor Adams is over rated…………..

Declan · 29/01/2017 at 15:18

Alferton, I would say that 12 outs is to many cause u would have to cop 4 donuts. And also 6 Collingwood players is quite a lot of players from one team I would say.

neil demons delight · 29/01/2017 at 15:53

sorry Declan but I disagree .its important to load up r 13 bye .I have 14 outs 3 will go to premiums.Remember what Shake n Bake did with Danger last year..This strategy gives me the best possible bye outcome..The only hiccup is port and gold coast.needsa lot of thought but Ryder spp and Bowes could well be fattened by then

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 16:17

I have a round with 15 out at the moment. But lots are rookies who will be gone by then. I will trade my way out of trouble. Every trade is made with the byes in mind

neil demons delight · 29/01/2017 at 16:22

Exactly Pieman I just looked at the website and it must be dated.There is no mention of a 4th bye.How many are counted in each bye round .Could be less than 18 anyone know thanks community

neil demons delight · 29/01/2017 at 16:24

Also Pieman it will be difficult if your 15 are out in 11 or 12

I N Pieman · 29/01/2017 at 16:30

I'm sure it's the last bye round so I'm not concerned. I will have made 15-20 trades by then

Leeds17 · 29/01/2017 at 18:29

I know most, myself included, are expecting Dahl and Macrae to continue on their way if not improve their averages abit but i do wonder if Libba 2nd season after his knee reco might get back to 110 again, up to Beveridge really, pretty confident if Libba played 90% mid he'd knock out close 110ave over the season.

UncleSwaggy · 29/01/2017 at 21:13

i went a bit crazy studying 5 year form lines last preseaon and one of the things i found is players rarely improve and even go a bit backwards the year after serious injury and then continuing on there path the next year, would not be surprised at all if libba gets back up to atleast a 105 average

Burnmen · 03/02/2017 at 08:05

He's 494K there's almost nothing to gain by including him.

MC · 05/02/2017 at 16:09

Don't see Libba ever returning to that average, personally. In 2014 he was the number one mid and best and fairest, since then the Dogs midfield, and entire team, has totally changed. He now has to share points with what is a really strong and deep midfield.

I could see him working back up to a 100 avg, but not much more.

Headbrewer · 29/01/2017 at 19:31

What's everyomes thoughts on which rookies will play/replace Mitchell, Lewis and Hill in the midfield?
Cheers in advance.

RyanMMA · 30/01/2017 at 11:01

Won't be any rookies
    Tmitchell Omeara will replace Lewis and Sam. Silk will play more midfield this year whhile Brand plays more down back in a running role has got a lot fitter in the preseason. Brust and Rioli will play more wing this year.

Derek · 30/01/2017 at 12:01

Lovell is a SMitchell Clone. If anyone of the younger boys get a chance it will be him. $230k DPP

Luke444 · 30/01/2017 at 18:19

Breust is too accurate in front of goal so they will him to play in front of the sticks not on the wing

neil demons delight · 30/01/2017 at 15:00

my team has not altered in 2 weeks.The one position I am not convinced about is R2 Sandy.Too cheap to ignore and gives me Sloan/Bont in stead of Swallow but Goldy is too good to ignore also. Hard one goldy /swallow or sandy/bont/sloan

Burnmen · 03/02/2017 at 08:02

Thought Sandi was injured………..

Dylan · 30/01/2017 at 23:10

Thoughts on my team? Undecided on set and forget ruck combo, or have Sandi/Ryder and an upgraded position

DEF: Adams, Laird, Z.Williams, McGrath, Scharenberg, Berry (Ryan, Mitch Hibberd)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Hannebery, Fyfe, Heppell, Swallow, Myers, Sam Powell-Pepper (Barrett, Freeman, Graham)
RUC: Gawn, Goldstein (Strnadica)
FWD: Dahlhaus, Macrae, Heeney, Hoskin-Elliot, McCluggage, M.White (Pickett, Lamb)

Cheers

Dylan · 30/01/2017 at 23:11

$60,100 in the bank

Burnmen · 03/02/2017 at 08:02

Cookie cut

Burnmen · 02/02/2017 at 16:06

Roughead – Yes, Easily a top forward.
Beams – Yes if 100% fit and ripping up NAB. Ultra Premo.

Both keepers potentially.

Witts – Yes if No.1 ruck, I always thought he was better than Grundy WHEN playing well.

J.Thomas – Yes if ripping it up in NAB and named round 1. I expect him to be raring to go after the ban, and showed great signs in his first year as a pill magnet.

Both can make 200K+ easily if they stay in.

Bennell is interesting but after hearing about him hurting his other calf, I just don't think his body can do a full season, I don't care if he makes it to 500K but misses games, that's useless in supercoach.

The rest are burnmen and that includes Fyfe.

Burnmen · 03/02/2017 at 08:01

Except possibly Swallow

Jim · 22/02/2017 at 14:20

Thoughts on my team?

DEF: Laird, Docherty, Hooker, Thuoy, Berry, Ryan (Stewart, Long)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Fyfe, Watson, Bontempelli, McCluggage, Gallucci, Sam Powell-Pepper (Florent, Freeman, Graham)
RUC: Gawn, Sandilands (Strnadica)
FWD: Dahlhaus, Heeney, Hoskin-Elliot, Caddy, T Greene, Bowes (Cameron, Eddy)

Mitch · 28/02/2017 at 22:01

Thoughts on my team?

DEF: T.Adams, R.Murphy, M.Williams, J.Thurlow, A.McGrath, M.Scharenberg (M.Hibberd, F. Watson)
MID: P Dangerfield, T. Rockliff, N.Fyfe, D.Heppel, D.Beams, J.Watson, J.O'Meara, D.Swallow (N.Freeman, B.Jarman, E.Irra)
RUCK: M.Gawn, A.Sandilands (L.Strnadica)
FWD: L.Franklin, J.Kennedy (WCE), S.Higgins, I.Heeney, J.Roughead, J.Elliot (H.Greenwood, B.Eddy)

Mitch · 01/03/2017 at 13:57

Thoughts on my team?

DEF: T.Adams, C.Mills, R.Murphy, M.Williams, J.Thurlow, M.Scharenberg (L.Keefe, M.Hibberd)
MID: P Dangerfield, T. Rockliff, N.Fyfe, D.Heppel, S.Selwood, Brayden Fiorini, J.O'Meara, D.Swallow (S.Powell-Pepper, J.Barret, N.Freeman)
RUCK: M.Gawn, A.Sandilands (L.Strnadica)
FWD: L.Franklin, J.Kennedy (WCE), S.Higgins, I.Heeney, J.Roughead, J.Elliot (A.Black, B.Eddy)

Feedback would be greatly appreciated

Michael · 02/03/2017 at 00:55

team done to good standards
Def: H.Shaw, C.Mills, J.Martin, E.Wood, A.Mcdonald.Tipungwu… J.Hamling ( D.Watson, B.Long)
Mid: J.Kennedy, N.Fyfe, T Mitchell, D.Beams, J.Redden, J,O'meara, N.Hrovat, D.swallow (D.Myers, Z.Fisher B.Parfitt)
Ruck: S.Martin, T.Boyd (T.English)
Fwd: J.Kennedy, R.Lobb, C.Petracca, J.Daniher, J.Elliot, P.McCartin (J.Simkin, J.Gallucci)

Mitch · 02/03/2017 at 09:48

I'd switch Beams for Heppel if you have the money. In my opinion, Beams is too risky, and Heppel is dirt cheap