SuperCoach SpreadsheetBeautiful. Gigantic. And BLOODY POWERFUL.

One of the true gentleman of SuperCoach has gifted unto us a weapon of MASS PRESEASON RESEARCH DUSTRUCTION.

Over 27,800 lines of elbow grease. I’ll say that again folks – 27 thousand, eight hundred lines of rolled gold trouser exploding data.

Community, if you’ve used this in the past you’ll know its gold. BUT STUFF ME it’s gone next level. He’s included a tab containing an advanced statistical breakdown for every player over the last 3 seasons. Another on rookies. One on the draw & a breakeven calculator for good measure.

Before you download this ground breaking tool:

• Many of you know Old Ocker. A great bloke. Speaks his mind, but a bloke of real humility. A man who has seen a hell of a lot in life. A man who, despite some genuine hardship – selflessly seeks to serve others, not only in the SuperCoach community, but in his day to day life.
  • He’s the last bloke to look for a handout. But stuff you Ock – I reckon it’s time you copped some appreciation for this, and for the bloke you are.. so if you can afford a few bucks, hit the ‘donate’ button below to show your appreciation.

DOWNLOAD IT HERE

BREAKING: The Great Man has released a ‘how to video’!

Some things to be aware of:

• You’ll need a copy of MS Excel to unleash this beast, best used on a laptop of desktop.
  • It’s a monster – so the download is ‘zipped’. You’ll need to unzip her after you download it.
  • Have a box of tissues handy. Higgo’s already gone through a few.
  • RIGHT – now DOWNLOAD IT HERE
  • If you can spare a few bucks, donate to Ock below!

SECURE YOUR COPY OF THE 2017 JOCK REYNOLDS SUPERCOACH MAGAZINE HERE – WHILE IT LASTS!

I N Pieman · 22/01/2017 at 11:00

Words fail me. Your a legend Ocker

OldOcker · 23/01/2017 at 13:14

Hey Nuts, It is blokes like you that make this site as great as it is.
    Always willing to part with knowledge and have an opinion to help others.
    There are many that seek advice on this site and you always seem to be there for them and that is the spirit that makes this the BEST.

wombatsfc · 22/01/2017 at 13:41

Top effort Ocker.
I've struck a few issues mate. Columns AK,AL,AM most rows, in the cells I get #MACRO?
on the input line =_xlfn.IFERROR(AVERAGE(M3:T3);"")

OldOcker · 22/01/2017 at 21:26

Gday wombat sfc,
    I have had a big day and not long home, I am just starting to answer questions and problems people may be experiencing mate.
    Firstly there are no MACRO's whatsoever in the spreadsheet.
    The line input you are speaking of should not have _xlfn.
    I have got no idea where that came from, I have downloaded the zip file myself to make sure everything works well and you seem to be the only one with a problem.
    If you do have other Excel programs open that do contain Macro's I would suggest you close all Excel programs and just open this one.

The data being in table format will automatically change the whole column if you put the cursor in the position to delete _xlfn.

Formulae should read. =IFERROR(AVERAGE(M3:T3),"")

If this does not solve your problem please let me know what Windows and Excel version you are using.

Cheers mate.

Guest · 26/01/2017 at 23:29

Wombats – your version of excel must be pre-2007. If excel comes across a function that is not supported by the version you're using it puts xlfn as a prefix. The function IFERROR came out in Excel 2007 so you must be using.

Also top work old ocker

OldOcker · 27/01/2017 at 21:36

Guest,
        Cheers mate I knew I had seen that prefix before somewhere, being self taught in Excel over many years I was going to put it on my laptop to see if I could come up with the same message.
        No doubt the old laptop would have given me the answer to that one.
        Thank you very much for saving me the time.

You are one VERY WELCOME GUEST.
        Thank You.

frogger · 22/01/2017 at 17:42

Bloody fantastic effort.
Had compiled a fair bit of this stuff myself manually over the summer (but some categories were a pain to collate / integrate and I also didn't have as full a list of players I was looking at), it is not at all easy pulling all of that together in a polished finished product.
The price formula stuff is a nice touch, think a lot of people don't know (or maybe just don't care) how that works.
Just donated, and I hope a lot more who make use of it do, too!
Good on you.

Rabbits16 · 22/01/2017 at 18:04

stuff me. tip top old ock

OldOcker · 27/01/2017 at 21:38

Cheers mate I sincerely hope it helps in 2017.

Danners · 22/01/2017 at 19:05

One of the best tools for the Supercoach off season. Great stuff Ock!

OldOcker · 27/01/2017 at 21:40

Danners,
    Cheers mate, I have worked hard to make her the best free tool available and hope it helps throughout the whole season.
    You are very welcome mate.

Scotty_Steele · 21/03/2017 at 00:13

Absolutely, to be able too sort on the last 7 or so games of the seasons to see how end of season form was going is awesome!

throttlefinger · 22/01/2017 at 19:42

Never NEVER fails to surprise how great Ocker's USCS is. And helpful for preseason/in-season decision making.

I bow to thee, Double O. You are the pearl of the community, my friend.

OldOcker · 23/01/2017 at 13:18

Hey Throtts, Sometimes it is hard to find words to express and all I can do is copy the words I sent to Nuts.
    It is blokes like you that make this site as great as it is.
    Always willing to part with knowledge and have an opinion to help others.
    I thank you from the bottom of my heart for the discussions and wisdom that you have conveyed to me.

throttlefinger · 23/01/2017 at 22:04

A pure pleasure. Thank you, Ocker.

OldOcker · 22/01/2017 at 20:39

Before answering questions I MUST SAY THIS.
I am so proud to be sponsored by the "2017 Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Magazine"
This community is a place I can come and forget about the tragedies of life and be among people I consider to be great friends, this is such a great COMMUNITY of people.
I WOULD URGE EVERYONE before considering donating as Jock suggests to FIRST BUY THIS MAGNIFICENT MAGAZINE THAT CONTAINS THE BEST ADVICE YOU WILL FIND.
It has been created by the master himself and includes articles from nobody but the best of those with great knowledge of the SuperCoach Fantasy World.
130 PAGES OF PURE SUPERCOACH GOLD.
Don't forget to order your copy here if you have not already done so.
Do it soon because stocks will run out. http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2016/12/06/preorde

Cheers,

Poppygaz · 26/01/2017 at 08:24

Bought the msg last week – can't wait to have a look at it. cheers

John · 22/01/2017 at 20:59

Maybe this is a stupid question, but what is the best way to use this resource?

TOMAHAWK · 22/01/2017 at 21:23

Bit of salt and pepper after 8 minutes in a microwave should do it John…

OldOcker · 23/01/2017 at 17:46

If you can fit your computer into a microwave for 8 minutes Please make a video of it.
      I have never seen that before.
      We should make a point of learning something new every day.

OldOcker · 22/01/2017 at 21:31

John,
    There is no such thing as a stupid question, If we do not ask questions we do not learn.
    Have you had any experience with Excel or Tables before?

John · 22/01/2017 at 21:40

Not much, so far I have just clicked so I can see the 2016 season for starters. A bit overwhelming at the beginning. Should I be looking only at the stats of players in my team?

OldOcker · 22/01/2017 at 22:00

John,
        The idea is that you can research ANY player to help you make a decision to decide your final team.
        You have past history so you can see how a player has improved and find that elusive breakout contender.
        If nothing else it can help you to reinforce the decision you have made in relation to the GUNS you select.
        I could write a book on it but the main thing is it helps you to make decisions for yourself and if you are doubtful in any way you have this great community to help you in making decisions.
        Never be afraid to ask questions, I am an old age pensioner and still learning.

Cheers.

Scotty_Steele · 21/03/2017 at 00:16

You can also sort via columns which is very useful indeed…so for example, you can sort which players scored the best in the last lot of games (7 is it?) to see who was taking awesome form into the end of the year…You may have to scroll down past the zeros, but eventually they will all be in order, highest to lowest if you choose to sort like that…:)

OldOcker · 30/01/2017 at 10:51

Gday mate,
    I have made a basic video to try and help you out mate.
    YES the video has arrived but I will warn you that it does run for 50 minutes.
    Here is the link https://youtu.be/O9OS8VHYvOY
    I hope this does help you and others out mate.

Cheers.

OldOcker · 22/01/2017 at 21:28

Your support is greatly appreciated.
I hope you buy the MAGAZINE while they last in preference to donating.

Cheers.

Scotty · 20/03/2017 at 23:05

both to support both the this free site and the spreadsheet

TRIGGER HAPPY · 22/01/2017 at 21:55

I am not even going to attempt to open this at home
The depth and quality of information will surely kill the old tablet.
Will open tomorrow at work but will have to do it under the cone of silence else everyone gathering around the computer with mouths gaping and that look of awe in their eyes may just be too much for the bosses to handle.
Will report back tomorrow but no doubt awe inspiring as usual….

OldOcker · 22/01/2017 at 22:25

Ha ha Cheers mate.

Wighty · 23/01/2017 at 07:03

I must say I am with John above. I'm a 62yo SC tragic but just soso with puters…this is way beyond me. Any simple instructions or I am doomed before the season starts ?

OldOcker · 23/01/2017 at 18:47

Wighty, This site is full of people willing to help others.
    If you would like to reveal your current team you will get the best of advice right here where Jock has started a new thread just before Supercoach opens tomorrow. http://www.jockreynolds.com.au/2017/01/23/superco

Cheers.

OldOcker · 23/01/2017 at 07:17

Wighty, Thanks for the response mate and for some it can seem rather daunting.
What I will do in the next couple of days is make a short video on how to use.
I will try and put some time aside to do that Wednesday and ask Jock to add it to the top of this page.
Always trying to help mate.

Cheers.

Wighty · 23/01/2017 at 12:33

From one old cock to an OldCocker…thank you. I look forward to the vid.

OldOcker · 23/01/2017 at 12:43

Cheers buddy I will do my best to have her up as soon as I can.
      I will contact Jock to find the best way to get the video to him.
      The file size I believe would be too big for me to put on You Tube because I have never uploaded a video to them and they have file size limits for beginners like me.
      We will work something out mate. I have no doubt that Jock will do his utmost to help out here.

Cheers.

Wighty · 23/01/2017 at 13:04

Sounds good.

Chippy · 23/01/2017 at 12:14

Garlic and Cripps

Seeker · 24/01/2017 at 14:54

Ocker, playing SuperCoach in general and you in particular have taught me more about using excel than when I was at Uni doing some statistical evaluations of data (I've never been particularly bright). You've gone bigger and better than even previous years, which if anyone who has used it in the past know is kinda unbelievable. Congrats sir on a fine achievement, because its unlocked I have been able to create a list of players that I will be able to watch throughout the year to determine who is the best player to bring in via trades etc

I'll be making a donation

Rabbits16 · 24/01/2017 at 15:06

learnt more excel than at uni. f thats funny. ocker should charge a couple g per semester and issue out assessment tasks to the community

Seeker · 24/01/2017 at 18:58

If that was the case I'd probably fail the course

OldOcker · 27/01/2017 at 21:56

Task 1: Select a team of SuperCoach players using the best research tool available. (This One)

Task 2: Assist in helping others to do the same thing.

Task 3: Keep assisting others by helping with advice throughout the season.

Task 4: WIN SC 2017 and promote this tool as being the best available and admit that you could not have won without it. Whoops and of course the "Jock Reynolds Magazine"

Task 5: Offer this old bloke some advice or recommendations on how he can make improvements to this tool for 2018 that would assist SuperCoacher's in their research.

First Semester fee is no charge, Fee may be necessary for 2nd Semester.

OldOcker · 28/01/2017 at 00:05

Seeker,
    I must apologize for not responding to this message earlier.

Firstly thank you very much for your more than kind comment on Excel usage and statistical data.
    I have never had any form of training whatsoever and I am self taught and have always loved this program and I suppose going through time with different versions have kept me on the ball to a degree in my area of interest.
    I am particularly proud of the "Ave for 3rd of season" Formulae because I worked that out for myself after seeing many formulae that are at least 50 characters long that do not give the exact result when a negative result MUST be a consideration.
    The formulae I made here is bullet proof and never failed me, I have never had a complaint about it.
    What makes it so great is the fact it does take into consideration a ZERO and Negative scores but will NOT count blank cells.
    That is a work of art I am proud of and many may laugh at this because it is probably a well known formulae now by many, but being self taught I was proud of myself for making it compact and NEVER wrong. (Understanding Functions is very important and what you think might be the right function to use is not the only solution)

I am pleased that you are using the data and making the effort to create a list of players to watch as the season progresses. Use those trades wisely mate.

I use my own weekly data that is used to create the Ultimate and use the lookup function a lot, I have a copy of my own team in an excel sheet with every players updated score on a weekly basis, Trade Calculator which updates player count for the byes. Watch list that you can look at any player from, Everything on the One sheet for easy reference.
    TIP. Make yourself one for rookies and each other position for easy reference.

Thank you again for your very kind comments and donation, both are very much appreciated.

Cheers Mate.

Rabbits16 · 24/01/2017 at 15:22

amd SUPERCOACH 2017 is back open baby. yee haa

Rabbits16 · 24/01/2017 at 16:03

462993 20 man league team

Rabbits16 · 24/01/2017 at 16:04

524630 10 man league

The Ranger · 24/01/2017 at 19:25

You've done it again Ocker, you bloody legend.
Thanks mate.

OldOcker · 24/01/2017 at 21:24

Cheers mate, Always a pleasure for this beautiful community.

Wighty · 27/01/2017 at 13:16

Still don't know how to use it 🙁

OldOcker · 27/01/2017 at 22:07

Wighty,
Never fear, you have not been forgotten mate.
I have had problems trying to get decent video from my video camera but things are looking up. (Looks like the screen is in a fish bowl and the sounds just as bloody awful)

I have downloaded a program that does on screen video and I have been searching for a microphone of reasonable quality to make the video.
I will do some testing tonight and see if I can make a short one on the basics and have her ready for you tomorrow.
Keep your eye on this conversation and I will put a link up for you as soon as I succeed.
Thank you for your patience, we will get there.
Cheers mate.

Wighty · 29/01/2017 at 10:18

Thanks old boy !!!

OldOcker · 30/01/2017 at 10:49

Gday mate,
    YES the video has arrived but I will warn you that it does run for 50 minutes.
    Here is the link https://youtu.be/O9OS8VHYvOY
    I hope this does help you and others out mate.
    Let me know how you go with it.

Cheers.

jockreynolds · 30/01/2017 at 14:15

Just tweeted her out and added it to the post Ock – you're an incredible individual.

OldOcker · 30/01/2017 at 22:51

This is an incredible Community Jock.
        Thank you for the comment mate.

Wighty · 30/01/2017 at 14:46

Thanks OO…..will look at it over a refreshment or two. What if it concludes that my existing team is perfect….LOL

OldOcker · 30/01/2017 at 22:49

Wighty, Someones has to win the $ mate, I hope your team is perfect and it is you mate.
    Enjoy the refreshments mate.

Cheers

Coathanger · 02/03/2018 at 15:26

I don't suppose there is an updated version of this spreadsheet?? Please oh please oh please

OldOcker · 03/04/2018 at 09:42

Yes there is if you follow Old Ocker on You Tube.