Jock Reynolds Supercoach Podcast

Two proud clubs with plenty of Supercoach 2017 significance.

They’re both dripping with it these mobs. The Might and Power of the St Kilda Football Club will be into the 8 on a rocket – enhanced by some very interesting inclusions over the off season. Think Koby Stevens, think Jack Steele, think Jake Carlisle and think BIG St Kilda fans.

Sydney just keep whacking in on the table. One of the most significant discussions of the 2017 preseason is the Swans midfield – with Tom Mitchell gone, who will step in to take those precious midfield-minute-enhanced SuperCoach points?

Hope you enjoy this one community, remember lock your copy of the 2017 Jock Reynolds Magazine in as quick as you can – going into the season without this thing will put you behind the pack.

ORDER YOUR 2017 JOCK REYNOLDS SUPERCOACH MAGAZINE HERE

Look forward to the Saints & Sydney chatΒ in the comments below community!

OldOcker · 17/01/2017 at 17:50

The analytics of the analysis in the perspective of analytical data makes it analytically impossible for St kilda to make the top 5.
In saying that I am going to bed.
Goodnight all.

OldOcker · 17/01/2017 at 17:52

PS: Another grouse Podcast lads very informative as usual.
    Cheers.

jockreynolds · 17/01/2017 at 21:55

Thank you very much Ock! Great to see you around here – always is. EVERYONE TAKE NOTE: Ocker's spreadsheet will be up on the site on the weekend – an absolute MUST

Danners · 17/01/2017 at 17:56

Great podcast lads! Interested to see what Mathemagic FC looking like in 2017 with this strategy. Heeney I'm on the edge with, but I didn't hear much on Parker, could be entertaining him as a POD still young and should keep up his average.

Kev · 17/01/2017 at 18:17

Starting to waver on Heeney also, Danners. How many times have we heard that player x will get more mid time? He's a freak so he probably will run through the guts, Swans have plenty of options though

Danners · 17/01/2017 at 18:22

Yeah, its hard to find forward line options though, did have Gunston early on but needed to make up cash for elsewhere

I N Pieman · 17/01/2017 at 18:31

Agree Kev. Countless times so & so is going into the guts & you jump on only to have a player sitting there you know you need to move on. As it stands I have proven premiums, fallen premiums that have been there & are value & rookies. But thats certain to change during the preseason games

Derek · 17/01/2017 at 21:23

Yep. That old chestnut. It usually is made worse by the preseason games. Ie DeGoey.

jockreynolds · 17/01/2017 at 21:54

Cheers gents! Yep – he'll make 60% of starting teams I reckon, absolutely warrants some serious consideration but he's being too heavily bought into.

Bells E Bubb · 19/01/2017 at 23:03

Heeney is looking RIPPED at training Jock. I'll back him to raise his average no matter where they play him. Bound to get at least some mid work this year. If he was a bit quicker off the mark, he'd be a dead set certainty for major mid time. We feel the need, the need for speed if we are going to go one better next year. Keep an eye on Ronke in the preseason – he seems to have that quickness we need, and body wise might be more prepared than our first round picks to get a game. Could be a bolter.

TOMAHAWK · 20/01/2017 at 12:09

If Parker gets into full training super soon he will be a wonderful POD! He has NOT been mentioned at all yet his average last year was basically identical to Hanners and JPK! I'm seriously considering… And Heeney will be an absolute superstar by the end of 2017.

The_Black_Mamba · 17/01/2017 at 21:07

Excellent podcast fellas, himalyan pink rock shit had me dead! Plenty of supercoach value in both sides this year,

jockreynolds · 17/01/2017 at 21:53

Cheers Mamba! Ridiculous crap this food caper. Himalyan Pink Rock Salt. Unbelievable.

Bells E Bubb · 19/01/2017 at 23:05

Not half as good as Murray River pink salt I bet. That stuff is fan freaking tastic. If your missing out, you are missing out fellas.

Patch · 17/01/2017 at 21:20

Excellent stuff gentlemen. I'm looking closely at JPK, and Roo is firmly on my watchlist. CAN'T WAIT for this magazine, either.

jockreynolds · 17/01/2017 at 21:52

Cheers Patch – yeah you can't go wrong with JPK – I just reckon he's always a nice one to draw to your bosom around the byes. Roo – mate – I'm looking real real close at the great man. Real close. Can almost smell him.

Seeker · 18/01/2017 at 14:29

Throughout all the podcasts I've noticed Higgo and yourself have talked about such-and-such a player and looking to trade them in at a better price in the season for example JPK, just this last pod. But with some of these guys it might be worth more to start them and save those trades. Yah just cant trade everyone it at their best price.

Derek · 18/01/2017 at 16:24

very good point. At the end of the day, to save $50k, in the grand scheme of things might not be such a big deal. Take the points early is what i'll be doing this year.

I'll most likely be starting Docherty, Shaw, Adams, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, JPK, Selwood, Gawn. pay the price.

Moustachio · 19/01/2017 at 17:26

Ouch.

Rainman · 17/01/2017 at 22:23

Loved the depth and breadth and width and all over girth of the Pod lads.
I am all over Rooey. Will own the wing especially under the roof at Etihad.

jockreynolds · 18/01/2017 at 10:07

Cheers Rain! mate the more I thought about Roo lying in bed last night the more I like him as a prospect

Derek · 18/01/2017 at 16:27

i thoughts he was old 4 years ago.

I can see him rising to the saints call this year. True Mammoth Curve style, one last fair dinkum shop at glory before his body just can't take another pre-season.

worth considering. If i can find the extra coin to go Rooey instead of Heeney. maybe.

Tim Smith · 18/01/2017 at 01:02

should do a recap for all those who dont have time to listen to it

Krups · 18/01/2017 at 07:39

Come on Tim it's only 30mins out of a ya day. I listen to it while driving to work and puts me in a good mood for work hahaha

Hugh · 18/01/2017 at 08:26

It's dead set the best 30 minutes of my week. "Josh Kelly son", "Peter's gone pale!!!"

The Stiv · 20/01/2017 at 16:01

For a casting of the pod like this, you make time.

Adam · 18/01/2017 at 10:05

N Riewoldt averaged 117.23 at Eithiad Stadium in 2016 from 13 matches with 2 scores under 100 (79,92) and 4 over 120 (125,137,142,187) with 12 of their first 16 games there in 2017. Also Riewoldt averaged 111.09 from their 11 wins with 4 under 100 and 2 over 120.

Keenbutclueless · 18/01/2017 at 12:34

Great stats Adam. Very thought provoking. If I play devils advocate for one second, does this mean the best strategy is to keep him until Round 17 and trade him out for the last 6 rounds? Don't mind it as a strategy. Don't mind it all. He's 35, they may rest him a little bit to keep him fresh if they are finals bound in the last few weeks. Just means we need to save a trade. Based on last year, not a problem. I think that we should factor that in if we pick him.

Dave · 18/01/2017 at 10:36

Jock! Not Happy! Swans underdone because the Saints stretch your trousers! Crouching and Higgo need to reign you in!

Dave · 18/01/2017 at 10:37

But I still love you

jockreynolds · 19/01/2017 at 10:44

Dave – I'll whack the old hand up. Just couldn't stop myself when the bloods were up so high. Could hardly hear the words coming out of my own mouth with the sound of my pulse rushing through the ears! Sorry mate.

Derek · 19/01/2017 at 11:37

No prob Jock. We all know your love for the saints and how long it's been since a premiership.

As a hawks fan I can fully relate to the feeling of not winning flags. It's been over 12 months since the hawks have won a premiership and I'm starting to wonder if the next will ever come.

Bells E Bubb · 19/01/2017 at 23:17

It won't.
          The Hawks next premiership will make the dog's previous stretch seem like waiting for the light to come on after you've hit the switch.
          Your grandchildren will tell tale of you claiming to have witnessed the Hawks win a GF – and secretly believe it's just the dementia kicking in.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/01/2017 at 14:23

Got around to listening to the pod last night. As always funny and quality in one.
Geez you were up and about and bullish on your saints Jock 25 mins out of 30. Swans didn't even get a look in. Saints building nicely nomcoc and the battle ship this year. Good succession planning for when the old blokes call time. Speaking of which they appear to be the only 2 relevant saints for SC with nomcoc an upgrade. Bit worried about their fangal extraction but.
As for the Ruckman it would take serious plums to go him over sandi for pretty much the same price.
Swans think I will ride the heeney train and JPK all the way.

Pod on

@t_woof · 18/01/2017 at 14:30

Good Pod as always lads.

Though no Jake Lloyd in the Sydney discussions πŸ™

Bells E Bubb · 19/01/2017 at 23:19

He flies under the radar that guy. Had a great year. Could he top it?

@t_woof · 20/01/2017 at 16:23

Hey Bells,

Agree, he does fly under the radar. With a midfield of JPK, Hannebery, Parker, Jack & last year T.Mitchell. We can see why.

I believe he can. He finished off 2016 very well. Round 20 to Grand Final he scored; 114, 96, 108, 95, 99, 81, 103.

Coming into his 4th year, average has improved every year: 58.3, 68.7, 84.6

I believe he can reach 90> in 2017. DPP also adds value. Everything going well #nomozz he starts in my team.

Derek · 18/01/2017 at 16:35

great casting of the Pod.

The discussion regards the Hole left by TMitch and who will benefit is a podcast by itself. Jack is a very interesting option but i can't see him as a keeper or being able to make much cash.

Everyone knows how much i love JPK. he has been in my team for the past 3 years. I can't wait to read this article in the magazine about Congitive Bias.

Bells E Bubb · 19/01/2017 at 23:23

Being relieved of the captaincy is usually a sign your spot in the team is under pressure. He and McV will be feeling the heat hopefully. I expect Foote and Ronke to put the pressure on.

Derek · 20/01/2017 at 10:57

JPK's position under pressure?. What have you been smoking?

The Stiv · 20/01/2017 at 16:05

Being relieved of the captaincy Derek. I believe Bells E Bubb was referring to K Jack.

Derek · 20/01/2017 at 16:08

of course, JPK is the new captain

Bells E Bubb · 20/01/2017 at 23:52

After the last few years, and in particular the GF it's a spot Kennedy can have for life as far as I am concerned.
            Foote though is now homeless having already reportedly trained his house down. Looks ready to go after a YUGE year in the NEAFL – which despite Jock's critique didn't seem to do TMitch any harm.
            On the NEAFL it now has Swans, GWS, Goldie, Lions reserves and a united Canberra team. So it's stronger than it was a few years back when Jock came up and dominated for a year or so in his twilight.

Luke444 · 18/01/2017 at 16:46

I think Jack Billings will have a good year. He's the one that should be stepping up with 3 years under his belt now. Went same year in the draft as Petracca. Saints should be giving him time more time in the middle if they do is another story

AMAC · 19/01/2017 at 15:05

Agree Luke, right age, right profile, right team. Heeney is the same. Both will average over 90 in 2017 but just not sure if they will make top 6 forwards.

Feltch · 18/01/2017 at 17:23

Nice casting of the pod fellas, but if I recall correctly, Koby Stevens isforward eligible isn't he? Not mid only as specified by you boys!

Huge risk but is one of a few options in our forward line if he can string some games together. Pretty good medical staff at Saints also, with very few soft tissue injuries last year… could make for an interesting decision!

AMAC · 19/01/2017 at 15:11

Very entertaining podcast fellas! Bedroom device! hahaha! If I was to pick a KPF this year it would surely be Lynch of the Gold Coast variety. I can see a 100+ output coming from him this year. Already a gun, and with a half decent midfield kicking it to him, he could become a supercoach stable for the next few years