Our most locked & loathed Supercoach 2017 options
Supercoach 2017 selection trends are emerging folks.
I’ve sifted through every one of the teams you entered on the Supercoach 2017 Team Reveal v1.0 post and have collated our collective selection preferences. Higgo is bloody proud of me.
What an interesting exercise it was. Some of the results may surprise you – I can tell you I spat a gob-full of piss over the computer screen on more than one occasion throughout the process.
Higgo, Crouching and I might discuss a bit of this on Tuesday’s podcast. If you’re not up to date make sure you catch up on our weekly team-by-team Supercoach 2017 analysis castings of the pod.
BLOKES WE’RE KEEN ON
- Our most locked options in order of selection percentages are Patrick Dangerfield (84%), Nat Fyfe (84%), Luke Ryan (80%), Isaac Heeney (75%), David Myers (75%) and Lukey Dahlhaus (70%)
- Staggering stuff – Sandiballs (57%) is being selected by almost as many of us as are picking Max Gawn (59%)
- A lot of us are keen on high draft picks McGrath, McCluggage and Bowes. Allow an old prick a shameless plug here if you will – what you’ll learn in this year’s Jock Reynolds Fantasy Footy Magazine will make a hell of a lot of you change your mind about these premium priced rookies. Buy one here now while they last. It’s something we’re extremely proud of and is the only true reference for the Supercoach elite. Simple as that.
- We’re taking on a lot of midpriced & injury risk. Fyfe, Beams, Swallow and Sandilands are in every other team and all have very serious recent injury history.
- I’ve stitched together a team here that best reflects our most popular selections. Note there’s $140K left in the bank after this one folks;
— Jock Reynolds (@jock_reynolds) January 12, 2017
BLOKES ON THE NOSE
- Most of us don’t want a bar of Hawthorn this year. Nearly fell of the stool looking at Tom Mitchell & Jaeger O’Meara’s selection percentages.
- We’re far more keen on young McCluggage ($203K) up forward than we are on Hoskin-Elliott ($213K).
- Dylan Shiel has no love from any of us.
Gagging for the discussion on this in the comments section below. Remember – if you haven’t snapped up a copy of the 2017 Magazine grab one here!