Michael Barlow Supercoach 2017
“Feel-Good Story”, New Club – Can He Return to His High-Scoring Days?
A late bloomer, in 2010, Michael Barlow hit the ground running in the AFL averaging 120 plus until he suffered a horrific broken leg.
This guy has a lot of heart and has overcome every obstacle thrown at him. I carry a whole load of respect for him. Regardless of what happens here, he will be a ‘feel-good story’ of a player who rose up like a phoenix from the ashes of adversity. He’s the consummate team-player, his willingness to fill all and sundry asked of him by his coach frustrated Supercoach gamers throughout the last couple of seasons.
New club, new opportunities? By departing from Fremantle to the Gold Coast Suns, he’s offered a fresh start with a new coach and teammates. A strong character and natural leader, does he still have it in him to return to his best fantasy footy form? Or will he continue to frustrate and tease us? What will be his new role? How will a midfield rich with talent affect any potential minutes in the guts?
|Games last season:||13|
|Average last season:||98|
|100+ games last season:||6|
|Sub 80 games last season:||4|
|Price range last season:||$471K – $558K|
|Missed games last season:||
- Past couple of seasons, injury-plagued
- Team player (i.e. his role may change throughout the season to fit the team needs)
- MID only
- May be rested a few games
- Looking for a POD (or point-of-difference)
- Can score big on his day
- Will play midfield pushing forward methinks.
- Can score big (last season scored 168 on one game)
- Works hard
- Can kick a goal
- Forgetting the prior two seasons, proven point-scorer.
- Will likely be rested for a few games
- Prone to injury
- Likely to rack-up clangers (2-3 a game each season)
- Can drift in-and-out of games
- New coach, unsure of new role
- Prefers to handball rather than kick
I don’t believe age will play too much of a factor here. Michael Barlow has been terrific for us in Supercoach but sadly, I think he’s no longer relevant. Thanks for the memories, Mike, but we’ll have to take you out to pasture…
Ripping work Jambo! Chew the fat with him in the comments below
|This article has been penned as part of the Jock Reynolds Community Series, where anyone from within our proud community can have their say in front of their peers. These men and women have displayed the spirit of togetherness, positivity and community that we value significantly.|
Michael Barlow Community Poll: