Jock Reynolds PodcastThe old arch enemies.

In one corner stands Nathan Buckley. Needs to knock the competition flush on the chin in 2017. If he can’t land a significant blow he’s stuffed. In the other we find Brendan Bolton. The breath of fresh air the Carlton Football Club desperately needed in a dark time.

Today we assess the cattle that will hit the Supercoach paddock for these two very different individuals. We’ll find some familiar fantasy cows. We’ll look some new additions in the mouth. We’ll identify which calves will end up fetching a reasonable price at market.

So join us community as we assess Carlton & Collingwood ahead of Supercoach season 2017.

SUPERCOACH 2017 PLAYER RESEARCH INDEX HERE

Kevan · 22/11/2016 at 20:39

One of the best podcasts yet, Very, very funny. Plus, very, very informative. One question though. Does anybody have the season heat map for Pendles. Could he be a sneaky chance for DPP?

Moustachio · 23/11/2016 at 07:38

He played the first 6 games of the season in that awkward rebounding half back role, but the rest was in the guts. I would be very very surprised at dpp.

jockreynolds · 23/11/2016 at 10:24

Thanks for the kind words Kev! You'd be surprised how much of a spring in our step blokes like yourself gives us with these feedbacks. And yep agree Mo – he should start at MID only.. I'm interested in how you reckon his SC output will be affected if he does swing more back?

Crowmagnon · 22/11/2016 at 20:48

Absolute crack up Jock, Peter and Crouching.
BOG definately Wayno though!

jockreynolds · 23/11/2016 at 10:22

Cheers Crow! I can't begin to tell you how proud I am of young Wayno. Growing into a formiddable force of nature.

Filly · 22/11/2016 at 21:32

Nice pod. I too think the pies will make the 8. Interesting about WHElliot . Never thought about him. Thanks boys.

jockreynolds · 23/11/2016 at 10:21

Thanks Fill! I wouldn't have given them a hope in hell before Higgo started busting his genius on my arse in the pod. That midfield looks pretty bloody potent

Derek · 23/11/2016 at 09:30

I've started my pre-season. No better way than catching up on a few Podcasts.

Great work fellas.

It's all about the "attitude training" for me this year.

jockreynolds · 23/11/2016 at 10:24

Good to see you getting fair dinkum ahead of 2017 Dezza – hope you can make up some ground given your late commencement mate.

Derek · 25/11/2016 at 11:54

yeah, i should have started pre-season with the young blokes (the 1-4th year players), especially after last season problems.

Anth · 23/11/2016 at 09:41

A question that I have:

Will Adam Treloar out average Scott Pendlebury next year? Is Treloar a safer selection considering there is no other position apart from the right in the guts that he will play?

I'm starting to think he is.

Anth · 23/11/2016 at 09:42

I think Treloar would be a good pre season research article!

Moustachio · 23/11/2016 at 12:22

Treloar is a sexy beast regardless of which club you follow. Arousal level is high, but so many up and comers with Bont, Cripps, Titch and Zerrett in the mix.

Moustachio · 23/11/2016 at 09:42

Great work lads.

Re: the roles of Pendles and Howe, look at their scoring in R1-6. Pendles had a rib injury and was playing off half back while he recovered. Howe was forward in the games he played. Both were well below their output from R7 onwards, where Pendles went back to the guts and Howe provided run off half back. I would be really surprised to see Bucks switch away from this successful setup.

jockreynolds · 23/11/2016 at 10:27

Cheers Mo! For Collingwood's sake I hope he does stick with Dangles in the guts – my waters are telling me he'll tinker though. He's a strange unit.

Moustachio · 23/11/2016 at 12:19

He certainly is jock! Can't wait to be rid of old High Pants. Not sure whether i dislike him more as a Pies fan or as a supercoacher… Would expect Dependles output back to about 110 if he does end up running off the back line.

Scott · 23/11/2016 at 10:46

I think that you need to consider the recruitment of Wells to Collingwood. With him running through the midfield as well it perhaps frees Pendles up a little to spend time at half-back.

Moustachio · 23/11/2016 at 12:20

I'm scared Scott! I love Pendles and want to start him, but not if that is the way of things. Will need to assess team plan in the NAB closely.

I N Pieman · 23/11/2016 at 14:45

Wells will break down shortly. That won't be a problem

jockreynolds · 24/11/2016 at 10:31

Will be very interesting to see how he rolls through the NAB Scott!

BarronVonCrow · 23/11/2016 at 10:32

Oh my god, Wayno's new intro is fantastic! Maybe when he finishes puberty he'll finally be able to hit that last high note.

Great listen guys.

Derek · 25/11/2016 at 11:54

GOLD, solid.

I N Pieman · 23/11/2016 at 21:27

Stunning news. The majestic Royal Heiness Heritier is no longer. Devestating news. Also suing Melbourne for not letting him speak enough shit in public

jockreynolds · 25/11/2016 at 08:25

We may lose Heritier to the game, but we will still have his poems Pie.

Luskin Star · 23/11/2016 at 23:17

Everyone is getting their nickers in a knot worrying what Bucks will do with Pendles. Can recall same discussion last year at this time. I got drawn in and avoided him. Know what? Despite Bucks meddling Pendles finished the year as 2nd highest SC scorer.i'm not making that mistake again

Chaz · 25/11/2016 at 08:19

Great Podcast… and you called it Jock on Cripps:

jockreynolds · 25/11/2016 at 08:25

Thank you Chaz. When you've been around the game as long as I have you learn a thing or two about the human form.

Derek · 25/11/2016 at 11:56

he has a think black line through his name

Bells E Bubb · 25/11/2016 at 14:46

Fellas, was hoping for some reports on what Rhy Mathieson’s thought of the draft….

I N Pieman · 25/11/2016 at 16:55

He has declared no player in this draft is anywhere near as good as he is!

wombatsfc · 26/11/2016 at 12:50

Petrevski-Seton will be a starter at blues DPP MID/FWD and he will kick goals. The kid was playing senior footy at 16 and is considered by many to be the best all-round footballer in this years draft. Silvagni is the only other FWD at Carlton so it will take an injury to stop Sam from lining up first game.

I N Pieman · 26/11/2016 at 13:12

How's Harry McKay coming along? Will be cheap & have DPP

wombatsfc · 26/11/2016 at 17:21

No idea Pieman. I tend to not pay any attention to blokes who have height as their primary reason for being drafted, until they've proved that they can play against grown ups. It's easy for a beanpole to stand out against kids 40cm shorter. Kids who have already proved that they can beat grownups, now that excites me.