Jock Reynolds PodcastWelcome to the second episode of One Week at a Time folks!

And stuff me – we have sporting stories flying out of our pips as we deal with the aftermath of a massive day at Flemington in the Jock Reynolds Flapping Tarp Marquee.

So sit back, chuck the earbuds in and whack your feet up. Listen in as we mop the loose ball up off half back & deliver the pill smack bang onto the tit of the sporting community;

• Lloyd Williams – a Melbourne Cup win for the down to earth battler in all of us
  • The 2017 AFL Fixture revealed and the Chinese take over of our game
  • Dale “The Underpant” Steyn’s threat to rip the head off the Australian Cricket Team’s snake
  • China’s bye – and how the AFL Supercoach & AFL Fantasy community need to deal with it

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES

leedy · 02/11/2016 at 20:45

Great podcast gentlemen. I now understand why I can't get those splotches out of my carpet. Looks like I've been using Steynmaster.

jockreynolds · 03/11/2016 at 09:30

Cheers Leedy. Mate.. I hope The Stain throws down a hailstorm of pies over the next 5 days.

BarronVonCrow · 02/11/2016 at 22:39

"Get a wriggle on, lazybones"

That is as the kids say, a "savage" comeback to a slow batting style. I'm sure he was fined a few dollars and maybe several cents for using such inappropriate language on the cricket field.

Great work fellas!

jockreynolds · 03/11/2016 at 09:31

From memory he was fined a half portion of bully beef and a thrippney bit Bazlington! Glad you're enjoying the off season pod old mate

Maestro · 02/11/2016 at 23:01

In an attempt to make Carl one of the biggest names in Test Cricket, his Dad (Jock, he bares a striking resemblance?), added that useless extra "n" at the end of his name. An idea he allegedly copied from our first capped player, Charles Bannerman, who, thinking he could make himself the biggest name in Test Cricket for all eternity, stuck an extra one in the middle. Turns out they're no bigger name than current quick Joshy Hazelwood, among others!
So who is the biggest name in test cricket? That honour goes to 1930's all rounder Arthur Chipperfield. Special mention to 1929 quick Percy Hornibrook. Of course Arthur's teammate Chuck Fleetwood-Smith is disqualified for blatant cheating! Who tries to become the biggest name in Test Cricket by inserting a hyphen? Un Australian; rumour has it that Chuck may have been a Yank anyway!!
Thanks boys, lovin the pods; not a lot on in the off season as you can see!

jockreynolds · 03/11/2016 at 09:35

Maestro – what a magnificent walk down memory lane you've given Higgo, Crouching and I. My old man played with Percy Hornibrook. His real name was Percy Darcy. Apparently the lads caught him having his way with a few head of sheep down by a small creek hence the new name.

Wombatsfc · 03/11/2016 at 00:07

If Pauline was a little less English and a lot more Australian she'd embrace the only bit of actual Australian culture and imprison Kochie and McClachlan for treason. They're giving away for free something that many Australians can only dream of, seeing an AFL game live.
The AFL should play games in Nhil, Quambatook, Chinkapook, Bungbong, Tittybong, Broken Hill or Frankston before giving it away for free to the Chinese. We better all be getting Pandas as compensation

OldOcker · 03/11/2016 at 05:34

Great to see you back lads, so glad I caught your add on the Twitter.
I will naturally be tuning in.
Stuff China I agree that round 9 is irrelevant and should be treated like a normal round, no extra trades.

Cheers Lads keep up the good work.

jockreynolds · 03/11/2016 at 09:37

OCKER!!!!!! Now there's a name to warm the cockles of a blokes heart early in the morning. Rapt you've come across the off season casting mate and I hope you're fit and well.

Better Luck Nxt Yr · 03/11/2016 at 09:40

OldOcker!!!! How's the Ultimate Supercoach 2017 Spreadsheet coming along mate.

By gum I love this community!

OldOcker · 03/11/2016 at 15:17

Coming along fine mate, the only thing I am waiting on are the SC Prices, Club Changes and Position Changes.
      Then of course I need somewhere to Host The Works.
      OldOcker.com costs me too much money to do for free.

Cheers and Better Luck Nxt Yr. ha ha.

jockreynolds · 04/11/2016 at 09:58

Haa yep – you could say I had the horribillest of all anuses mate! Good to hear you're well mate

jockreynolds · 03/11/2016 at 09:36

Leaves a bitter taste in the mouth doesn't it Wom. The 11 games off free-to-air is the thing that has my back right up. There are steps being taken.. bit by bit.. to make our game more difficult to follow if you aren't cashed up. Don't like it mate.

P_J_Higgo · 03/11/2016 at 10:09

The origins of the term "sledge" have been linked back to the 1966 song performed by Percy Sledge entitled, "When a Man Loves a Woman". This was sung by the fielding team as NSW opening bowler Graham Corling walked out to bat. The rumour at the time was that Mr Corling's wife was being unfaithful with one of his team mates.
In my opinion, sledging is inappropriate, unsavoury and barbaric. We must rise above this primitive mind-set.
May the best team win!
Kind regards,
Peter J Higginbotham

jockreynolds · 03/11/2016 at 11:44

Well STUFF ME!! You're on the world wide internets Peter you magnificent prick! I will back in what I said on the podcast mate. Once you cross the line of battle its game on. Battle of the physically and mentally strongest. If you can't handle a bit of piss taking you deserve to be found out.