Jock Reynolds PodcastWelcome to the first episode of One Week at a Time folks!

Me, Higgo and Crouching willย be here every week through until Christmas to help get you through the bleak spiritless void of the footy off-season.

We charge in from the Punt Road end with the new ball first up to cover a HELL of a lot of ground this week;

• Winx. What an impressive arrangement of horse flesh. The “best since Phar Lap”?
  • The Melbourne Cup & the international raiders hell bent on taking the cup offshore
  • Brett Deledio’s heart felt farewell to the Richmond faithful
  • The Mitch Clarke & Michael Barlow de-listings
  • Cricket Autobiography season, and the first test kicking off at the WACA next week
  • Tom Mitchell. Is he worth Supercoach & AFL Fantasy consideration in 2017?

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE ON iTUNES

Dean · 25/10/2016 at 17:18

Great to see you back boys. You've made my week.

jockreynolds · 26/10/2016 at 13:07

Likewise Dean, great to see you back as well mate ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Having a hell of a lot of fun with the new off season format. We should have kept the recording rolling mate – the debate about Winx and Immortality status lasted the best part of 3 hours with me and Higgo

BarronVonCrow · 25/10/2016 at 17:33

Great to have you back, guys. Nice change of pace to include some other sports while footy is slumbering. Thumbs up from me.

Winx has won 13 in a row. Phar Lap once won 14 in a row and had 14 wins in one season. I agree that Winx is probably the best since Phar Lap, but Winx isn't done yet, so by the time it's all said and done those positions could easily be reversed. I would guess that the only thing that will keep Phar Lap ahead was PL winning the 1930 Melbourne Cup and which is a race Winx isn't likely to ever win.

As for the Melbourne Cup, i'm with Higgo on Sir John Hawkwood, will take a good look at that. I'm also partial to Exospheric and of course Jameka.

I heard Port Adelaide were kicking the tires on Clark, but i'd suggest he's done as an AFL player at this point. He's all hype and no substance. Barlow has been linked to the Crows, but I don't think he's the type of midfielder we require and would just be "more of the same" that we get with Thompson and Matt Crouch.

As for autobiographies, I suggest if Higgo ever writes on it should be titled "An Introspective Retrospective of a Prospective Genius"

And i'm agreeing with Higgo again in that i'm not sold on Mitchell disposal wise, so even if he does get a starting gig at the Hawks I don't think he's a lock by any means.

jockreynolds · 26/10/2016 at 13:10

Thanks Bazzlington! I just think above all else we need to set in stone a predictable, repeatable, reliable, widely understood and recognised horse rating module. In discussion after the podcast we arrived at a possible system:
    1 level of Immortality (Phar Lap)
    4 seperate Legendary status (lower/intermediate/middle/advanced)
    4 seperate Champion statsus' (lower/intermediate/middle/advanced)
    8 seperate Good Animal ratings (lower right through untill extremely)
    12 incremental levels of honest trier.

THIS would make it a hell of a lot clearer for EVERYONE.

OldOcker · 03/11/2016 at 05:45

The level of greatness is in ones own mind, just ask me I am never wrong. ha ha.
      Size of the heart matters and Phar Lap wins hooves down.

One must assume that you all participated in a few beverages after the podcast only coming up with 12 incremental levels of honest trier.
      Your proposed system of greatness is as clear as mud, Well done.

Cheers Jock.

Bogan Juniors · 25/10/2016 at 21:21

Great to have you back Jock

jockreynolds · 26/10/2016 at 13:11

Thanks very much Bogan Jr! It is absolutely wonderful to be back mate

john · 25/10/2016 at 22:30

Awesome to have a podcast to look forward to again!! Some advice for next year trade weeks are not the time for the Caravan at Hastings!

jockreynolds · 26/10/2016 at 13:11

Hahah yes very very solid advice there John. We will absolutely be delaying the Hastings trip till post trade period next season

Damien · 28/10/2016 at 15:17

Haha the Barlow comment "..I hope the jumper fits" is a joke about how his guernsey would always roll up and make it look like a midrif while playing games.