Off-Season-trade-Talk-begins

WE’RE CHILLIN TO THE MAX THIS WEEK

It’s the day after Supercoach Mad Monday & we’re just kicking back listening to some sick beats.

Today we talk through some of the off season trades being bandied about at the moment. What’s happening with Cloke? Vickery? What the hell do Richmond need to do to claw their way back to the top of the heap?

Sit back in your favourite chair. Whack the earbuds in. You’re amongst friends.

Look forward to the trade chat in the comments below

FIRST WEEK OF FINALS – YOUR LAST CHANCE TO QUALIFY FOR VENUE FINALS!

CoachKings Cup

Don't Blush Baby · 30/08/2016 at 18:21

Is there a SC Finals this year ? Doesn't look like it on the site

SCaddict · 30/08/2016 at 18:39

No unfortunately not this season DBB. But hey even better we have a CoachKings 'play at home' GF coming up!

Hoping to stack my CoachKings side with Swans players should they make it.

Bill · 30/08/2016 at 19:10

That sucks……I like SC Finals

Don't Blush Baby · 30/08/2016 at 18:39

Looking forward to playing COACHKINGS at home , will be having a big drink with the boys as usual but this will add another dimension to the day

jockreynolds · 30/08/2016 at 20:28

Will be a big day Blush no doubts there. Grand Final Day at the bungalow this year – gonna be massive

@wheels_1987 · 31/08/2016 at 13:53

post the addy, ill bring a slab down!

Stevo · 30/08/2016 at 18:49

Jock, Crouching & Higho. With respect and humor intent, here is my carefully crafted Tiger special team from the last 30 or so years. If you think they are bad now, this gives perspective. SC relevant trade and draft gems aplenty. Enjoy…

B: Travis Casserly, Jarrod Silvester, Jeremy Humm. HB: Dean Limbach, Tristan Cartledge, Jarrod Oakley Nicholls.
C: Clay Sampson, Lionel Proctor, Ezra Poyas
HF: Wayne Hermanen, Kent Kingsley, Ross Funcke
F: Cleve Hughes, Stephen Jurica, John Rombotis
R:,John Howat, Mark Eustice, Ashley Blurton
I: Anthony Banik, Relton Roberts, Todd Menegola, Ty Esler
E: Jeremy Webberley, Cameron Howat, Terry Keys.

I N Pieman · 30/08/2016 at 19:34

I have it on good authority Stevo that Relton ate the rest of that team!

Danners · 30/08/2016 at 19:40

Relton should be on field as captain

I N Pieman · 30/08/2016 at 19:49

Agreed Danners. Stand out captain

Stevo · 30/08/2016 at 20:02

Agreed Danners. Relton is my loophole Bench Captain, aka Bruce Monteath in 1980.

jockreynolds · 30/08/2016 at 20:27

Love it Stevo! Some golden memories amongst this lot. Will we ever forget the preseason Relton captured our imagination and won our hearts? I hope not.

Could we squeeze Aaron Fiora into an extended squad?

Stevo · 30/08/2016 at 20:38

Thanks Jock. I'm sure Crouching will enjoy it.

Fiora, Tambling and Justin Plapp were very close to making the final. However. they missed out because they played more than 2 decent AFL games. There could however be another review in the pre season draft.

@wheels_1987 · 31/08/2016 at 13:58

No Tambling?
    No Vickery?

Its no team without these stellar examples of shite

Stevo · 31/08/2016 at 18:20

As suggested above wheels, Tambling and Vickery fell into the category of playing slightly more than 2 decent AFL games. But gee they were close to making this list of diamonds.

hedski · 30/08/2016 at 21:43

Loved the looseness of the pod boys.
Cats/swans GF, CATS to get the cream/feathers.
Can any team match the cats recruiting spree of last year? Danger Zac Lachie Scooter Menagola the late season sensation?

hedski · 30/08/2016 at 21:49

PS cant wait for the CK play at home granny great addition to the footy/beer/food/spewfest that day will be. Cheers.

jockreynolds · 31/08/2016 at 09:34

Will be a big day Hedski. I'm with you son. Cats v Swans and I hope like anything the Catters can get up but gee wizz.. the Swans look the business to me. Saw them first hand in the last half of the Saints game. Incredible football. West Coast are my big smokey.

pod · 31/08/2016 at 07:51

I must admit to wiping a bit of dust from my eye when Danger mentioned his bond with Joel recently, and confessing to the late night texting and emojis to each other prior to switching the lightsoff at night. = ) No longer is the tough guy image acceptable, we need more MEN like Danger and Joel.

jockreynolds · 31/08/2016 at 09:34

You're spot on. More hugs. More late night emojis. More spooning. More love.

I N Pieman · 30/08/2016 at 21:49

Hearing from a reliable source or 2 that Rocky may very well be thrown on the trade table. Hanley as well

Moustachio · 31/08/2016 at 01:10

I've decided it's okay if he goes to CAR, as he will make up for the hit to his average by being able to play against an even worse off BRL.

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 09:23

If they do lose Rocky they will be worse than a train wreck

jockreynolds · 31/08/2016 at 09:35

Looks as if he's goneski now mate.. that Blues rumour might have some real legs.

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 09:49

Not sure id part with pick 5 for him. Can't put a season together. And they need forwards

Boltons Blues · 31/08/2016 at 10:24

Carlton need to draft/trade for forwards, although, Rocky wouldnt be the worst pick up for us.
        Carlton have some good young talls coming through the ranks, injuries havent helped them.

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 11:17

Travis Cloke is looking for a new home Bolton. Straight swap for Cripps will get that done! lol

Boltons Blues · 31/08/2016 at 13:12

Cloke isn't even in the same class as my boy crippa!
            Give us Cloke and we can package jones and tutt, if you're lucky we can give you a used pink crayon aswell

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 14:12

Jones. Jesus. What did Malthouse see in that spud. I'd suggest as soon as his contract is done He'll never get paid to play another game. And nor should he

BarronVonCrow · 31/08/2016 at 09:54

Here's some trade rumours that I've heard

Port will be shopping both Lobbe and Hartlett, but are one year too late on trying to sell both, so the market won't be great, especially since are both under long term deals and had poor years

Bryce Gibbs isn't on the trade table, but if a team happened to offer a very good deal for him…

Cam Ellis-Yolmen could be headed to the Gold Coast as Scott Thompson will be given another year as the Crows would prefer to play a glacial slow, ineffective at everything but stoppages Thompson to playing CEY. He won't want to waste another year in the SANFL.

Pies are chasing Tomlinsom, Hoskin-Elliot and maybe James Stewart from GWS.

pod · 31/08/2016 at 12:41

Hey BVC, Hartlett would be ideal at Tigerland next to Houli. CEY could be anything given the opportunity, not sure what's going on with the Crows. Interesting stuff!!

Have you heard any whispers from the Cattery, with so many talls I'm expecting a cull. I did see someone mention Vardy recently, he'd be worth a few quid somewhere, if he passes fitness criteria.

Oh, an excellent job again BVC, absolutely marvelous work!

BarronVonCrow · 31/08/2016 at 13:57

I'd say Vardy would be a chance to go, but someone would likely be willing to take a punt on him. I think Lacey and Buzza showed genuine improvement in the VFL through the year, so you should be set there. I could see the Cats moving on Horlin-Smith to a team like GC too. Motlop has supposedly been put on the trade table too, but you'd think it'd take a killer deal to get him.

I did hear a nugget of info about Geelong scouts being spotted down here in Hahndorf taking a look at Matthew Jaensch. I imagine they wouldn't be the only ones, if he did decide to make a comeback then I don't think it'd be at the Crows.

They're linking Hartlett to the Suns over here and getting Richmonds first round pick in return (Via GC sending Prestia to the Tigers). Can't see the Suns giving up pick 6 for an oft-injured, underperforming player on an expensive long term deal though. Port might get their second round pick from the Dixon trade I'd guess.

CEY's issue is Campo I think. Refuses to play him and Thommo in the guts and absolutely refuses to consider any midfield setup that doesn't feature Thommo. We played CEY last week and he played about 59% of the game, with most of that up forward. Was poor selection as a Sloane replacement knowing Campos attitude towards him.

Northernsoul74 · 01/09/2016 at 19:58

Vardy linked the the Dogs. Talent but needs to get over fitness issues.

@wheels_1987 · 31/08/2016 at 13:53

i can see richmond taking both

to our detriment

🙁

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 14:09

Pick 6 for Prestia. I don't like it. Tigers need some young talent. Not any injury prone player. Prestia is a very good player don't get me wrong. But it smells like a trap. Didn't learn their lesson with Yarran

@wheels_1987 · 31/08/2016 at 14:12

we are signing up for more years of mediocrity
        🙁

Clarky99 · 31/08/2016 at 11:03

As a pies man, i want Jesse White Gonski. Just useless at kicking for goal and can't mark overhead. He has pace for a big man but he isn't smart enough to use it like Buddy does yet. If he could improve his marking overhead and kicking for goal, he could be a real good forward to help out Darcy Moore, but at the moment, i'm not convinced.

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 11:33

He's had a better season Clarky & did improve a lot. Whether he did enough to keep his spot is up for debate. Before this season he was a laughing stock

Clarky99 · 31/08/2016 at 11:38

Yeah true, i have to give him that, but still too inconsistent for mine. The potential is there, but he is running out of time.

hedski · 31/08/2016 at 12:13

I love messaging my pies mate "JESSE" every game without fail when he misses a gimme from straight in front.
    Makes my day every time.

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 12:50

When Travis is doing the same thing it's twice as painful. Both from the same kicking school., pot the tough ones & miss the sodas. Jesse does have some amazing talent. He just needs to grow a pair & have a fair dinkum crack

SCaddict · 31/08/2016 at 13:39

I wasn't disappointed when he left the Swans. A nice athlete but a pretty mediocre footy player. Had a feeling he would cause the Pies fans some frustration and dissatisfaction.

Agree with Pieman that he has had a "better" year but not sure that's really much of an accolade. He's no spring chicken either and will turn 29 in January i.e. only a year younger than Clokey.

I N Pieman · 31/08/2016 at 13:59

Good assessment SCA. Or as we say "a good ordinary footballer". I just have a feeling Pies will give him another year. He's probably done "just" enough. But I dare say it won't be long till Big Mason Cox kicks him to the curb

Moustachio · 31/08/2016 at 15:49

Pretty sure Clokey is at least 45.

Hazey · 31/08/2016 at 21:17

Mayne and Brown to NMFC… hardly fits with BS's BS about booting the old blokes!