PatchCoachKingsLogo

Here we are, community!

It’s grand final week in the world of Supercoach and this is what it’s all about – the clash of the two best sides in the league, the fight for workplace supremacy, schoolyard bragging rights, to be the Emperor of the twitter thread.

It’s bloody exciting. By gum am I excited!

Or I would be, were I actually in a grannie.

I had a putrid, disgusting, horrible round 21 and served up 2280 last weekend, which ended any chance I had of making any finals – and rightfully so. I’ve woken up this morning, and for the first time since my Mad Monday I don’t feel hung over!*

*drink responsibly, people. Well, unless you’re a Richmond supporter, in which case don’t stop drinking.

That means it’s time to head down and play some CoachKings tonight and do it all over again, to bury the pain of this long, arduous season.

But on the bright side, I don’t have to worry about all the injury news, captaincy selection, the Big Issues, I can get down the pub and play CoachKings without a care in the world!

JOCK HAS AN IMPORTANT COACHKINGS MESSAGE FOR ALL OF YOU – CLICK HERE

But, for those of you that didn’t do terribly last week, you’re into the big dance and this is the best week of the year. Let’s get stuck in.

THE NEWS

The big news is Nic Naitanui this week. The big man has gone down with an ACL, and with him the Eagles’ slight flag hopes. He’ll miss the rest of this year (obviously) and likely all of 2017, which is shocking for him, the club and the competition. Trade. Adelaide gun Rory Sloane has been suspended for a week by the tribunal, leaving a huge number of coaches in the lurch.

If you’re a thrifty bugger who’s still got trades left, this is the big one to move, and we’ll have a gander at who we’ll trade in down in the Patch Up.

If you’re not, at least be comforted that the Gold Coast reanimation machine is in full swing, with Darcy MacPherson due to make a comeback for the last game of the year, and Jesse Joyce can score a capable 40 in Sloane’s absence.

Brodie Smith took a boot to the head and got himself a concussion. My mate Luke ended 7th overall for round 21, and Smith’s injury cost him the do$h this week. Now he’s out. Not the first time Brodie Smith has burnt us, and it won’t be the last.

Sam Kerridge is back, as is Jimmy Bartel for what may be his last home and away game as a Cat.

Lance Franklin has been named, but keep an eye on him in the lead-up to his game this week, as we may see him withdrawn at the last minute after he flummoxed his hip last week.

Bulldogs livewire Jake Stringer didn’t do enough in the rezzies last week to earn a recall and languishes outside the Dogs’ best 22, but we see the return of Matt Suckling.

Freo bring a whole host of once-Fantasy relevant stars back for the final game of Matthew Pavlich’s career, with… well with Aaron Sandilands returning alongside The Pav. Zac Dawson, Tendai Mzungu and Matt de Boer *ahem* never quite reached the same level.

However, this will see Sam Collins miss the last game of the year, leaving many prone to a doughnut if we see a late out in the backline.

Bomber stand-in captain and all-round flog Brendan Goddard returns to shout at teammates and give away 50-metre penalties this week for the Bombers, but we’ve also been blessed by not having Zach Merrett and Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti rested. Orazio Fantasia will miss with a groin, however.

Higgo will be ecstatic to learn Shaun Higgins will return for North Melbourne this week and can again be selected for CoachKings. Silly bugger.

Teams have also done their best to ruin some of 2017’s best rookies in the last round of this year, with Riley Bonner, Will Snelling, Mabior Chol and Brandon White all to debut this week.

Jack Fitzpatrick also comes into the Hawthorn side after the season-ending injury to Jonathon Ceglar. Expect Jack to play forward and back and pinch hit in the ruck.

North ruckman Todd Goldstein has been named this week, but we’re on #GoldyWatch this weekend to make sure he actually lines up this week.

Aaaaand Travis Cloke is back. Dawson and Cloke in one week! If only they were playing each other…

THE PATCH UP

$542,500. This is what you’ve got to play with in replacing Rory Sloane. If you’re missing one of the big names – namely Paddy Dangerfield or Scott Pendlebury – GET THEM IN.

If you’ve got the cash to splash, splash dem dolla bills.

SimpsonsGIF

If you’re looking for a point of difference, Adam Treloar is only 8k more than Rory Sloane and averaging 125 over his last 3, with a 131 last week against the Suns and 148 against the Dogs the week before and is my smokie for the week.

If you don’t have Zach Merrett, my boy’s been coming home like a steam train, averaging 115 over the past five rounds, including a 135 and a 132. He doesn’t have the ceiling of many others, but has scored below 98 only once since the bye.

Matt Priddis is also going at just under 120 over the past 5 rounds, and needs to be up and about against the Crows this week as the Eagles try to sneak a home final. Big VC smokie as well, as I’ll mention in Captain McCaptainface.

TWO WEEKENDS LEFT TO QUALIFY FOR A COACHKINGS VENUE FINAL (THE PATH TO THE $50,000 COACHKINGS CUP)

Round 23 CoachKings Fixture

OTHER OPTIONS

Lachie Neale had a blistering return to form last week with 154 to reignite what has been a sensational year in a poor side, Joel Selwood is going at 110 from his last 3 and playing a weaker side in Melbourne at Skilled Stadium, and Bryce Gibbs, as the 14th highest point scorer for the year, is playing a lowly Essendon side this week.

Patrick Cripps is another one to look for against the Dons, but in a game which is unlikely to be heavily contested, I’d avoid him.

TRADING PLACES

I wanted to take the time during today’s Panic Room to thank you, the community. You guys and gals are the reason I keep coming back each and every week, and seeing your beautiful wisdoms sprouting in the comments section below brings a smile to me each and every week.

I love the lot of you’se, you glorious bastards, and will hopefully see you over summer with your nose deep in stats and your fingers typing out trains of thoughts on the Twitters and here at Jock HQ.

Now wipe that soppiness off your face, there’s still Supercoaching to be done! TO THE McCAPTAINFACEMOBILE!

*trumpet noises*

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

We’ve got an extended version of Captain McCaptainface this week, because this is so crucial in winning your grand final.

Rory Sloane was a huge VC chance before he was rubbed out for the week, but now the Friday night VC falls on the weight of Matt Priddis’ curly mop. The Prid has averaged 120 over his last five, including captain-worthy scores of 143 against Melbourne and 132 against Fremantle.

However, both of these scores came at Domain Stadium. His last visit to the Adelaide Oval to play Adelaide yielded a mere 105, but with the top 4 in the balance, West Coast will need to go all out.

Perma-captains Paddy Dangerfield and Scott Pendlebury both returned to form last week with 131 and a massive 165 respectively.

Both these two gentlemen are good options for the captaincy this week, with Geelong taking on Melbourne on the Saturday afternoon (which leaves him open to the VC) at Skilled Stadium. Geelong haven’t played Melbourne yet this year, but Dangerfield has averaged 134 at home this year.

Pendlebury is coming up against Hawthorn on Sunday afternoon in prime time. Hitting 113 in his last 3, but two of those were injury impacted, with an 82 and a 94, but is averaging 120 at the MCG this year. The last time these two sides met, Pendlebury scored a mammoth 184, with an 88 and a 121 the two clashes before that in 2014.

OKAY, COMMUNITY: That’s a wrap!

Wait, no, it’s a taco! Or maybe it is a wrap? Yeah nah it’s a wrap for 2016.

So, with a heavy heart, I have to wrap up the final Panic Room for 2016. It has been an absolute blast and I love each and every one of you who cast your eyeballs across it each week.

Massive props of course also go to season debutant Big Carl, who has ripped us – and all the flogs who let our sides down – a new one every Monday, to Lekdog for going out of his comfort zone with the beautiful, majestic cheatsheet and Barron von Crow’s ridiculously detailed rookie scouting report.

Shoutout to Wayno for taking the time out of his entrepreneurial schedule to dial in every single week, and to Schneids for stepping up in our time of need. Ripper human being, that man.

And, last but not least, the Podcast Crew. Jock, Higgo and Crouching have given us what they have given us for five years or so in bloody insightful Supercoach analysis and quality, Brownlow-medal winning banter, but also a BRAND-SPANKING NEW GAME in COACHKINGS.

Sadly, my Mad Monday has continued with me flying to Queensland today (#ThursdayNightWriteUps), so what little time I can spend in the comments will be on airport WiFi – I’ll do my best to get in there.

But in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening and goodnight!

Patch

pod · 26/08/2016 at 09:49

Thanks Patch, bloody fantastic job mate, looking forward to your rants next season, cheers

The Ranger · 26/08/2016 at 09:58

Nice one Patch, these articles have been pi$$ funny all year.
Have a great off season mate and thanks for all your efforts.
I'll be sticking the VC on Danger and then tossing up between Pendles and Rocky if that doesn't work out.
Oh and Sloanedog becomes Neale for me.

Joey-jo-jo · 26/08/2016 at 10:16

Such hard decisions to make for my finals. Need a replacement for sloane. I can't decide whether to go conservative and pick neale as my opponent has him which means the only difference in our teams are me: zac williams, wines, R gray, hall (or franklin) vs rich (he could upgrade him though), j steven, priddis, merret.
Or do I need to be bold and pick a POD (tossing up between selwood and jpk as have 560k to play with).
Similarly to I bench buddy to reduce differences in our teams or play him and loophole ward with dahl (I dont have a loophole available in forward line unless tom phillips is dropped).

halfachance · 26/08/2016 at 10:29

I'd go Buddy if he plays! risky but might get you the chocolates!
    #gobigorgohome?

halfachance · 26/08/2016 at 10:30

And Selwood!

halfachance · 26/08/2016 at 10:25

Yes very nice Patch! Very humorous throughout all your articles as well! Definitely benefited from all your wisdoms as well as the communities! Thanks to all!
I have 1 trade left and annoyingly no outs!
Hoping a big name pulls out so ill have 1 up on my opponent in my 3 grannies!

Clarky99 · 26/08/2016 at 10:37

Got Sloane to trade this week, only got 1 trade left. Normally, it would be standard procedure, Sloane out, Bont in. But there out doubts whether Goldy will play or not. Do i hold trade and use Toby Greene/Motlop as backup for Sloane incase Goldy doesn't get up? Or just use the trade and hope he's right?

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 11:00

Quite the dilemma. Daw playing doesn't really help things. Personally I'd role the dice & assume he plays. Has next week off. Bont on Clarky

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 10:38

Superb season Patch. Have thoroughly enjoyed your articles. Apart from captins the only decision I'm left with is to field Kerridge or Phillips. Can't loop them unofrtunately

Clarky99 · 26/08/2016 at 10:47

I would go Kerridge, can't see Phillips scoring well against the hawks.

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 10:53

Think I have to agree with ya Clarky. Blues playing the Bombers. Hopefully he can fill the Sloan void with something decent

Patch · 26/08/2016 at 16:00

Agree mate. Kedge could kick some sausage rolls this week

hedski · 26/08/2016 at 12:13

Favorite article of the week Patch, always a laugh.
Those looking at Neale for Llorly Sloah he is in doubt with a shoulder injuly.
Cheers.

oliver · 26/08/2016 at 13:04

Mentions in this article

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 13:25

That would be good for me. I don't have him & cash league GF opponent does

Hoot · 26/08/2016 at 14:59

thanks for the heads up

Kev · 26/08/2016 at 13:31

I doubt the journos over at HS would be qualified to tie your bootlaces, Patch. You've been bloody magnificent all season. Enjoy the off season and your qld holiday.

Rumours of a Goldy rest have been going on for about 2 months now. He'll line up this weekend.

Danger VC
Hanners C

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 13:53

Pretty sure those Goldy resting rumours started last year Kev.

red · 26/08/2016 at 13:37

Good Job for the year

Boltons Blues · 26/08/2016 at 14:14

Sloane out, Dunkley my only option, cash league, $330 winner takes all.

going balls deep with Cripps VC, come on you superstud, bring it home for me!!

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 14:23

Don't mind that at all BB. He's in ripping form

Don't Blush Baby · 26/08/2016 at 14:17

Was trading Sloane for Neale for strategic purposes as my opponent has him, but now Neale is in serious doubt to play.

Only have 554k to spend , thinking I go Treloar,Gibbs or Wines ?

Thanks

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 14:20

Gibbs vs Bombers looks appealing DBB

Don't Blush Baby · 26/08/2016 at 15:22

Thnx INP, still not sure, a few schooners might make up my mind, 1k on the line and I'm projected to win by 220 ,but not any chances

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 16:05

Agreed DBB. Whenever I'm not certain about a trade, I ponder the options over many jars. Happens 30 times a season

Patch · 26/08/2016 at 16:01

Gut says Treloar, head says Gibbs.

I'd go Gibbs if I were in your situation.

Don't Blush Baby · 26/08/2016 at 16:15

Cheers mate ,never really been a Simpsons fan but you may have turned me this season,best wishes

Leeds17 · 26/08/2016 at 18:58

Very left field but what about Hodge? in good form, will play that +1 in defence, Collingwood should win the clearances so should see plenty ball down there, don't have the stats in front of me but i imagine that Hodges' career average V the pies would be 110+.

hedski · 26/08/2016 at 14:58

Near sh!t my pants when I read Selwood out but its only Scooter.
Got the option this week to stick the E on Ruggles in def and Petracca fwd and then swing Sucklingpig to whoever spuds it more (probably take a 50 over suckers they way he's scoring when playing)
My opponent has Neale and Buddy so hoping for some late outs.

SCaddict · 26/08/2016 at 15:33

Yeah typical clickbait by afl.com.au. The fact that they didn't say that the Cats skipper was out led me to believe it must be Scooter, but I still clicked on their damn link just in case ha ha.

The fantasy gods appear to be grinning on you so far as it sounds like you are in decent shape heading into your GF.

hedski · 26/08/2016 at 16:02

Yeah its a pity I dropped outta both my cashies last week tho SC.

Shake n bake · 26/08/2016 at 15:39

Heard Neale may be late out.

SCaddict · 26/08/2016 at 17:03

Finalised Sunday teams about to drop any minute now.

All eyes will be on Neale, M.Boyd and what happens with the Lions ruck stocks. Looks like West may be gifted a farewell game which would be a dagger to the back of all Stef owners especially after tonning up on his own last weekend.

Even if Neale survives this cut he could still be a late out on Sunday of course.

SCaddict · 26/08/2016 at 17:07

EDIT: Boyd named along with Neale. Smith and West miss out so good news for Stef owners.

Derek's main man is back in for Freo too so great news all round! 🙂

Derek · 26/08/2016 at 22:54

Already made my last trade, have to finish season without him in my team again. Maybe next year

CapTkAos · 26/08/2016 at 15:44

And the final 2016 single finger salute from ross lyon this week dropping sam collins. Makes no sense.

Patch · 26/08/2016 at 15:59

As Shake n Bake has noted, Lachie Neale is apparently in doubt with a shoulder injury! Keep your eyes peeled on him this weekend!

The Ranger · 26/08/2016 at 16:04

Not good. Sloane is my trade out this week so he has to go early.
    Might have to go with the Bont or Zerrett instead.
    Although there's this annoying little voice in my head that keeps telling me Boomer might be worth a punt this week…

matt · 26/08/2016 at 16:00

who to bring in for sloane.. doing my head in..

Clarky99 · 26/08/2016 at 16:08

Hard to tell as i don't know who is/isn't in your midfield. I am bringing in Bont but Cripps has been a very popular pick amongst the Community.

matt · 26/08/2016 at 16:10

danger pendles priddis hanners parker neale rockliff.

thinking bont too

Clarky99 · 26/08/2016 at 16:14

Yeah Bont is a good pick this week. I would also consider JPK against the Tigers. He has gone below 90 only once this season and only owned by 8%.

matt · 26/08/2016 at 16:22

yeh cool. that might do it.. ta mate

Nuggety · 26/08/2016 at 19:41

Id be having a close look at Callan Ward, been down for a while definitely due for a big game to reward his owners..

James · 26/08/2016 at 16:11

What makes more sense.
Make my final trade, Bartel->JJ and leave Trac as cover, which opponent would do as well.

Or wait to see if Neale is late out (we both have him), and jump on Treloar/Gibbs. Which means potentially the last trade goes to waste if Neale gets up.

Archit · 26/08/2016 at 16:42

Trade in Selwood or cripps???

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 16:47

Read somewhere that Selwood has a round 23 AV of 140. But I like Corn boy as well

Derek · 26/08/2016 at 17:10

Yep. I'm going Selwood. His lowest last round score has been 110.

Guido · 26/08/2016 at 18:56

Tossing up between the two as well. Going Selwood.

Shake n bake · 26/08/2016 at 17:38

Yes smith & west not named.

SCaddict · 26/08/2016 at 17:48

A pleasant surprise for Stef owners as it was looking like maybe West in particular would be gifted a farewell game after announcing his retirement a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully there are no late changes Sunday to upset the applecart.

Shake n bake · 26/08/2016 at 18:05

Yeah true, can't believe this is it! Lucky to keep 2 trades up my sleeve with Slone out & maybe buddy. Brought in Bont & Merrett fingers crossed just have to get my vc & capt right and should go well in my grand finals.

Steeeve · 26/08/2016 at 17:50

Neale named but could still pull out.

As such I am saving my final trade for a Goldy/Neale late out. Already gone Sloane to Corn Boy. Thank the SC gods I kept two trades up my sleeve for this round.

Kev · 27/08/2016 at 10:11

Same boat, Steve. Wanted to go Buddy to Boomer but I have a full premo team this week and I'm confident I will get up in my gf. Holding my trade for any late outs

Sully321 · 26/08/2016 at 18:14

Rich or Toby Greene?

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 19:02

Oh dear. That's a terrible situation. Condolences. But I'd go Greene

Sully321 · 26/08/2016 at 19:05

I had one trade left, and wanted to know which one I should get rid of. Thanks I was looking at Howe, so it worked for both of them

Moustachio · 26/08/2016 at 18:16

If Tracca is your mid E and he spuds, you won't get dahlhaus score onto your midfield as you can't shift the E from Tracca, and can't put Dahl on field for Sloane as Adelaide play fri night

johnno2908 · 26/08/2016 at 18:28

Bont or Selwood?

Guido · 26/08/2016 at 18:54

Selwood

I N Pieman · 26/08/2016 at 19:10

Both have plenty to play for. Tough call but I'd favour Selwood like Guido. But only just

TRIGGER HAPPY · 26/08/2016 at 19:59

I'm in the other boat.

I'd go the bont.

Teams score really well against the dockers.

Parker and JPK scored 140
    Priddus 130

Bont could be in for a day out eso based on his form recently.

Good luck mate hope u make the right call and crack the top 10.

johnno2908 · 26/08/2016 at 21:18

Thanks Trigger. Went Bont.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 26/08/2016 at 19:48

Patch.
Another classic, nice way to wind up which has been a brilliant read all year.
Makes my Friday and gets the juices flowing for the weekend.

Well done love ya work.

Spectator this weekend only thing to do is grab a cold one and look towards next year.
As you said at least we don't have to worry about the ensuing carnage.

Laurie · 26/08/2016 at 21:32

Hi all I need some help as I'm currently overseas and have 1 trade left.. missed the start of the first round due to no wifi so now have Sloane playing with Dahlhaus as the S!

Need to trade Collins but only have $347k suggestions please. I need your help while I'm in a wifi zone!

hedski · 26/08/2016 at 23:35

Zac Dawson logical will ton up

SCaddict · 26/08/2016 at 23:56

Your options are pretty limited with that kind of budget in terms of fantasy firepower. Either Rosa or WhiteX are the best bang for the buck in terms of season averages. Matty Rosa is as flimsy as balsa wood though so not guarantee he can get through a game, but perhaps has the best ceiling for a <$350K defender right now if you are willing to take that risk.

KK is also available for that kind of money and supposedly an emerging quality defender. But geez he's been disappointing coming off a pathetic 36 last week so I'd probably pass on him as he's had an even more horrid season than Jock!

Loop · 27/08/2016 at 05:41

Jonathan Giles for the first game in the Perfect 9. Surely no one would have picked that.

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 08:59

No chance. That game is harder than picking the lotto numbers. I tried once & haven't bothered since

SCaddict · 27/08/2016 at 13:01

Even if you thought maybe 10 players out of 44 had a realistic chance of topping the Supercoach chart in a particular game – that would still be 10 to the power 9 or one billion different combos. And then Giles comes out of nowhere and stuffs up all that sort of maths! 🙂

That jackpot will never go off.

hedski · 27/08/2016 at 09:57

I took shuey

Loop · 27/08/2016 at 10:36

Me too. Got close.

Tommo09 · 27/08/2016 at 08:51

Don't have anyone that can loophole with if Gawn goes huge (VC), I have one trade left
Do I trade Phillips/Austin/ MacPherson to nonplaying player so I can loophole?

Clarky99 · 27/08/2016 at 09:10

See how he goes first and if he goes large, then do it.

Shake n bake · 27/08/2016 at 10:15

Who to vc Danger or Gawn??? Maybe Selwood??

Borrismcstupidhead · 27/08/2016 at 12:30

In the same boat..cant decide

neil · 27/08/2016 at 12:23

Does Dion from dangles REALISE his capt and vc are in same game shortly DEES AND GEELONG

hedski · 27/08/2016 at 23:39

Yeah mate was foxin. Vc'd danger all good.

neil · 27/08/2016 at 12:24

ABOVE comment refer to A GRADERS g/f

ben · 27/08/2016 at 12:38

fixed wrong league thx

johnno2908 · 27/08/2016 at 12:37

Want to VC Gawn, but opponent in cash league has Danger captain. Play it safe and move the VC to Danger? Will then have the C on Pendlebury

BingoBangoJingoJango · 27/08/2016 at 12:49

Same situation for me. Tough decision to make. Also in a cash league and have points to make up. Its a flip of the coin out of Danger, Gawn and Selwood on who will go large today

Locked and Loaded · 27/08/2016 at 13:03

Parker, Hanners OR Pendles captain if Danger doesn't perform??

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/08/2016 at 13:38

Big game for cats with crows missing last night
    Could lock in a home final
    Expect them to come out breathing fire with danger leading the way.
    Already got the C on wyatt 🙂

SCaddict · 27/08/2016 at 13:16

I'm probably going to try Parker myself. Pendles looks a great option although not for me as I don't have him.

But hopefully Danger gets 130+ and we don't have to worry about it after that.

Locked and Loaded · 27/08/2016 at 13:36

Pendles scares me a little only because last week he played a depleted GC side and before that had been performing at lower level… Hawks will want to strike a little fear into fellow finals sides with a strong performance this week

SCaddict · 27/08/2016 at 15:25

Well like I said if Danger gets the job done the captaincy discussion becomes academic. Already tonned up early in the 3rd so only an injury or a rest in the 4th quarter can seemingly prevent a monster score now.

Mick · 27/08/2016 at 13:33

Going the danger man as my captain over Gawn simply cause of the consistency factor only, & then tossing up between hanners & Pendles if danger doesn't come home with the bacon. Good luck to all .

johnno2908 · 27/08/2016 at 13:51

3 min 52 sec into first quarter, Dangerfield on 38sc

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 13:53

If you don't have the VC on him you've lost the Grannie. Beast mode

Shake n bake · 27/08/2016 at 14:51

Can't believe I changed my vc from Gawn to Danger with about 40 seconds b4 the game started!!

Kev · 27/08/2016 at 14:59

Another pair of jeans stretched to breaking point. Danger costing me a bloody fortune this year!

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 15:23

Danger raises the bat for a ton 8 minutes into the 3rd. Using down stairs as a towel rack!

Steeeve · 27/08/2016 at 15:25

My opponent took the VC off Danger (onto Robbie Gray) at the last minute. Thanks for the win!

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 15:31

Hope it's a cash league steeeve

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 16:07

Selwood will have big last quarter. Junk king specialist. Happy I got him for Sloane

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 17:11

I tool C off Danger at last minute and put on JPK.

johnno2908 · 27/08/2016 at 18:25

Might be a good decision

Steeeve · 27/08/2016 at 21:06

Broke even. Maybe my opponent is a genius, Robbie is on fire.

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 23:01

Don't count your chickens to early

Steeeve · 28/08/2016 at 18:23

His forward line had Josh Jenkins and Tom Lynch from the Crows so he's really in struggle town

Steeeve · 27/08/2016 at 15:28

Also pretty happy I brought in Cripps for Sloane. What a gun. Will be in my team next year. Only question is whether to wait until partway through and bring him in since he's shown to start slowly then go bang.

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 15:31

Looking like a sizeable turd from Gawn ATM

THE SALTSHAKERS · 27/08/2016 at 16:05

Any news on buddy?

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 16:17

No late changes

Sasn · 27/08/2016 at 16:05

Community is there any chance Collins could get a game tomorrow?

Kev · 27/08/2016 at 17:23

Nah. Not named as an emergency

Clarky99 · 27/08/2016 at 16:38

Take Motlops 80 or go Toby Greene?

Bill · 27/08/2016 at 16:48

Go with Greene

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 17:18

Personally I'd take it

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 17:00

Even when blues get beat by Essendon, Simpson and Docherty score 100+

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 17:16

Might need to put them on the watch list for next season Derek. I got doch in last week for rich. Opponent in cash league has rich. Praying rich delivers rubbish. He's more than capable

Kev · 27/08/2016 at 17:27

Big fat padlock on Cripps and Doch, Pieman.

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 17:33

Doch D1 lock. Cripps optional starter. Between him & Neale for M5

hedski · 27/08/2016 at 17:33

Zachy Merret strikes again.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 27/08/2016 at 23:51

Hope he keeps his dpp, lock fwd if does.

hedski · 27/08/2016 at 17:37

Taking the Rugs 85 and playing Sucklingpig over Traccas 50 odd.
Dangers vc no brainer.
Cats looking good coming into september.

johnno2908 · 27/08/2016 at 18:04

Dahlhaus or Greene to the bench for Buddy. Leaning Greene, both opponents have him on ground, with Dahlhaus as a POD

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 18:19

Play Dahl for sure. Buddy putting on a masterclass against dog shit

SCaddict · 27/08/2016 at 18:35

Another huuuuuge bender coming up for Crouching by the looks!

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 18:58

I've been on bigger benders! But only just

Steve · 27/08/2016 at 18:39

Menegola is looking like a really decent prospect next year

Hamish · 27/08/2016 at 18:43

Tfw when your opponent has Cripps and Jpk

Richard · 27/08/2016 at 18:58

How can Hardwick possibly survive this carnage.Tiger fans should be absolutely filthy with how this year has turned out for them.Cotchin,Martin,Rance,Riewoldt only stars.Long summer coming up then cellar dwelling with the Lions.Another wasted era.

I N Pieman · 27/08/2016 at 19:59

Chin up Richard. They were much worse than a disgrace. Stylish disgrace of some sort. If there was a man that won his position I didn't notice

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 19:24

Put C on JPK. He comes through again

Clarky99 · 27/08/2016 at 19:26

I brought him in mid year and could not be happier! Can't believe he isn't owned by more. Almost a lock for me next year.

Don't Blush Baby · 27/08/2016 at 19:54

Who was your VC ?

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 20:15

Priddis

Don't Blush Baby · 27/08/2016 at 20:53

Ballsy,I'm glad it came off for you

Steeeve · 27/08/2016 at 21:16

He was going to be my C but last week's performance deterred me. Have the C on Pendles but already looping Danger, unless I'm down heading into the Pies game.

Rip · 27/08/2016 at 20:23

Anyone else just lose the grand final because they loopholed Dangerfield with machpherson thinking he did his acl ?
(Macpherson is my skip and he's playing)

johnno2908 · 27/08/2016 at 20:32

…ouch

Don't Blush Baby · 27/08/2016 at 20:34

Mate , he was named to play on Thursday and has been playing in the NEAFL for that last 5 weeks

Fukc yourself · 27/08/2016 at 21:44

Not the point "mate" , I thought he had done his act so just didn't think of the fact he'd be able to get back so quickly .

Bad Santa · 28/08/2016 at 01:57

Ouch! You ain't gonna sh!t right for a week!

Alex · 27/08/2016 at 20:42

Trade out Dahlhouse, Howe, Zorko or Reiwoldt to get Buddy's 134

SCaddict · 27/08/2016 at 21:27

I'd probably ditch Howe out of that bunch even though he had a cracker last weekend.

Steeeve · 28/08/2016 at 18:23

Hope ya kept Reiwoldt!!!

Dane · 27/08/2016 at 21:04

Champion data giving ward points for fun, what a joke

Mark · 27/08/2016 at 21:46

Not wrong there, getting an easy 5 points per possie

Top hawk · 27/08/2016 at 21:37

Hi community,

After a Scheizenhousen finals series, (out is straight sets) in all leagues which hurts, I am looking ahead to 2017.

After finishing at a final rank of 6327 in my inaugural SC season last year, I should finish in the top 1500 in 2016.

Congrats to all coaches which had success in the big leagues. (Liam Mc memes, Muff Divers, Lance Epo strong, Guns and Rookies)

See you next year.

I'll be back.

Top Hawk

SCaddict · 28/08/2016 at 01:02

Top 1500 is a pretty good result for a 2nd year coach so well done Tophawk! See you around these parts next season.

neil · 28/08/2016 at 12:52

pleasure to compete against and learn from guys like you my friend IN SOME OF YOUR LEAGUES HOPE TO BEAT YOU NEXT YEAR thanks to all for a fun year Neil Demonsdelight

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 21:46

Glad I didn't bring Petrie in this week

Mitch · 27/08/2016 at 22:33

God it hurts when you've been the dominant team in a league all season and get trumped in the granny

johnno2908 · 27/08/2016 at 22:39

Anybody else concerned about Bulldogs possibly taking it easy tomorrow with most likely nothing to play for?

Derek · 27/08/2016 at 22:59

The Hawks game will only be half over when they start

Sasn · 28/08/2016 at 02:00

Not concerned, but in fact putting money on Docks to get up in Big PAVALOVA's last game!!

Tagger · 27/08/2016 at 23:43

how late can a late out be from the start of a game? Is it 1.5 hours?

SCaddict · 28/08/2016 at 01:00

Yes usually late outs are announced about 90 minutes before bounce down although sometimes it can take 10-15 minutes for the info to trickle out to the public and thus the fantasy radars.

However outs can technically occur any time right up to the bounce of the ball. Although it's fairly rare we've had a few cases this year of players injured in the warm up and a replacement rushed on to the field.

Tagger · 28/08/2016 at 10:51

Should I go Rich to Johannison with my last trade to cancel my opponents jj or should I hold to see if Boyd might be a late out? If Neale's out I got cover with Phillips but my opponent doesn't

Kev · 28/08/2016 at 09:05

Let's not forget the Wells debacle a few weeks back!

Danners · 28/08/2016 at 09:06

Some could be as late as 15min before the game

Clarky99 · 28/08/2016 at 09:08

I think there is a siren to signal no more late outs can be made. I know Richmond have done it twice where a player has gotten injured in the final warmup a couple of minutes before the bounce and they have gotten an emergency ready whilst the game had already started.

Boltons Blues · 28/08/2016 at 00:06

I made the mistake of not changing my VC from last week and it was stuck on Priddas, i didnt have a 2nd shot and said earlier id be going the VC on my boy Cripps, so i stuck the big C on him, he came good for me and only lost 15 points on Dangerman

going into tomorrow
291 points in front, with Neale, Boyd and Dunkley (Sloane cover) vs Rich, Rocky, Lewis, Cyril, Birchall and Bont.

Its going down to the wire, hopefully Rich throws in a stinker along with Birchall and Cyril who can always put in the odd 60 point game

Good luck all those remaining, last sunday for the year, biggest of them all

Derek · 28/08/2016 at 02:01

Cyrill might be key. He will win or lose it for you

john · 28/08/2016 at 09:48

I am on the opposite side of that coin. Need Lachie Neale to have a late rest or get the Picken clamp and stink it up and need Rich to have a great game. 5 points behind with just those two as the last point of difference. Damn its close!

Hoot · 28/08/2016 at 08:12

Go Ward

Steeeve · 28/08/2016 at 09:36

Take Kade Kolos 85 or play Gibson? Should have my final in the bag either way but want the best score possible

pod · 28/08/2016 at 09:41

Do you really think Gibbo will score more? I doubt it..

Don't Blush Baby · 28/08/2016 at 09:50

Bank the 85 Steeevey

Steeeve · 28/08/2016 at 15:37

Thanks boys but I'm hoping Gibbo pulls out a ton! Why not take a risk for the last week

Steeeve · 28/08/2016 at 18:24

In other more recent news I'm an idiot

pod · 28/08/2016 at 09:38

How good is it when you're in a SC crunch game, especially a GF, and a couple of maligned players reward with stellar performances? Buddy & McVeigh you friggin rippers, I think you just may have won me my 1 and only GF!!

I N Pieman · 28/08/2016 at 11:40

Agree pod. I have both. Have been frustrating. May get me over the line in the cash league

pod · 28/08/2016 at 12:19

Awesome Pieman, good luck $$

Derek · 28/08/2016 at 13:10

Include the Blitz in that lot. He comes good finally goes 100+

Loop · 28/08/2016 at 09:45

Today is the last day I'll ever have J Steven in my team. I bought him at the byes because he "had a good draw". Lesson learnt, it was the beginning of a downward spiral.
I've put the C on him in my DT grand final, I reckon he owes me one decent game.

Bill · 28/08/2016 at 13:20

Well bad news he's being tagged Robinson

Hoot · 28/08/2016 at 10:52

Anyone got an update on Shemm for the big 50k?

From last weeks team he/she has the following concerns this Rd. (i.e 90's or lower)
Laird
Hann
Parker
Gawn
Sloane
Enright
Rance
Martin

I N Pieman · 28/08/2016 at 11:42

Could be a problem. Think he's out of trades as well. But who isn't!

Don't Blush Baby · 28/08/2016 at 11:53

Hope he had Danger or Cripps as his VC , but then again most did I suppose

Jono · 28/08/2016 at 12:23

Who do you think will go bigger for my captain, people does or the bont

Steeeve · 28/08/2016 at 15:38

Lock in people does

Redgumwon · 28/08/2016 at 13:00

Rocky or Pendle as captain?

Bill · 28/08/2016 at 13:07

I'm going Pendles

Redgumwon · 28/08/2016 at 13:08

I think I'm going to punt Rocky for a big one

Clarky99 · 28/08/2016 at 13:09

Seb Ross may go to Rocky, I would go Pendles but i can't see him going large either.

Bill · 28/08/2016 at 13:10

Pendle always scores big against the hawks he scored 186 last time

Clarky99 · 28/08/2016 at 13:13

True but as Derek brought up earlier in the week, last few years in last round with nothing to play for, he has scored under 100 and against a Hawks side who will be hungry for the win, can't see him going large, but I hope i am proved wrong!