PatchCoachKingsLogo

Welcome to the Panic Room! Where we look at how the biggest team news and Supercoach of the news and discussing how we react.

But, this week absolutely nothing has happened on the team front. Diddly squad on the injury front. There’s been nothing. Not a bit.

What am I to do? How do I make a Panic Room that is even vaguely interesting when nothing vaguely interesting has happened during the week to hang off? Is The Panic Room a parasite, sucking blood out of what is spawned by the Football world each week?

All of these philosophical questions are both too hard and too confronting to have answers, so I’m going to talk about Michael Hurley for a bit in order to stave off potential crushing realisation that I may in fact be useless.

So: Hurley.

YEEEEEAAAAAAAAAHHHH BOI ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAIN

I can’t wait for the chance to see Cale Hooker and Michael Hurley running around in my CoachKings side, and it also gives me a whole summer of toying with Essendon’s starting 22 for next year – hit us up in the comments as to what you think we’ll line up as!

However, we’ll take time to gel. Essendon won’t come out and bust to the top of the ladder.

Tonight will be fun. Jock “The Sacred One” Reynolds has plucked plucked three of his besties for the big West Coast v Hawthorn CoachKings clash tonight. It’s the 3rd last weekend of Venue Final qualification so get on down to your local CoachKings town this night my friends: Hawks West Coast contest

SELECT YOUR COACHKINGS TEAM HERE

THE NEWS

Nothing. Absolutely bugger all.

EDIT: I did the thing again. I questioned the wrath of the Supercoach Gods and they’ve started a rain of fire. Jimmy Bartel is being managed against the Lions this weekend, and after his 48 last week, it looks like time is being called on not just Jimmy’s Fantasy relevance, but his magnificent career. Trade.

Jasper Pittard is the standout like-for-like replacement, and I don’t mind either Jeremy Howe or Zac Williams around that pricepoint either. And despite how much Lek will hate me for suggesting him, so is Bachar Houli, but if you’ve got the cash go for rolled gold replacement.

As TRIGGER_HAPPY pointed out in the comments, it may not be the last of the carnage for the weekend.

Matthew Suckling is out with that pesky Achilles and I’d wager we won’t see him again in the home and away season… and that’s literally it.

Sam Jacobs and Kurt Tippett are back, Matthew Pavlich and Aaron Sandilands have been managed. To make way, Toby Nankervis and Jesse Joyce have been dropped.

Chad Wingard has done a hammy and is gone for the year, and should be straight swapped to the Doggies, and Taylor Adams will miss with an ankle.

Richmond have made a swathe of changes following their loss to the Cats, with Anthony Miles, Ben Lennon, Nathan Drummond and Ty Vickery all dropped. Connor Menadue and Kane Lambert have been brought in to replace them, alongside some bloke called Tom Elton and a debutant in Callum Moore.

Jacob Hopper and Darcy Parish are back, while Tom Hickey, Ryan Clarke and a small host of other irrelevant fantasy names will miss.

BORING, eh? Have a meme. Supercoach Meme That meme is relevant to anything or anyone, just like the team news this week.

Fun fact: memes are a way young people stave off existential crises. They also provide a thing called “the lolz,” which is the primary way creatures like us communicate, unless we’re Richmond supporters, in which case we bond over bonfires made from Richmond FC memberships.

THE PATCH UP

As I’m sure you know, this is the Patch Up, where I have a gander at the biggest issue of the week. AnotherMeme Ah yes, another meme. Keep staving off the existential dread, Patch, I believe in you*

*(I don’t)

All the week’s issues aren’t quite Fantasy Football related:

• Australia’s inability to play spin in Sri Lanka
  • Our pathetic effort in track and field in Rio
  • Andrew Bogut’s fitness

All of the answers to these questions involve getting Jock Reynolds to the scene. Masterful player of spin at the top of the order, good cricketing mind and bowls a lethal wrong-un. In fact, Jock taught a young Shane Warne most of what he knows.

He has also run the hundred in a flat six seconds and was offered a contract by the San Antonio Spurs before last season, but they instead had to settle for Paddy Mills as he turned them down to throw his heart and soul into CoachKings.

Speaking of… here is the CoachKings All Australian side, made up of the top 7 averaging players of each line, with an extra midfielder thrown in for good measure. CoachKings All Austrlian And I must say, this is very, very similar to my AA side, and you’d wager will be similar to the AA selected at the end of the year, which is a massive testament to our very own Peter “Higgo” Higginbotham and his mathematical genius.

If you have any serious Supercoach issues: namely The Chad, have a gander at Lekdog’s beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful cheat sheet. Lenny However, there is one large bug for a lot of people.

That bug is Dylan Shiel. He’s been an irritant all year, and I reckon if you’ve got rage trades left in reserve, flick him as hard as you bloody well can. Hasn’t shown a massive ceiling this year, and has been awful to those of us who started him.

TRADING PLACES

Nothing here either. Not even a meme.

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

HERE WE GO, RELEVANCE AT LAST!

780 words into this thing and we’ve finally hit something that isn’t me grasping for relevance. But we’re into relevance!

Captaincy selection will make us or break us this week, so we need a long, hard look at it this week.

Joel Selwood is only averaging 91 in the last 3 games or so, but he has history does our man Joel.

Buddy Franklin once booted 13 against the Roos in Tassie, for some 900 Supercoach points. Pulled the Saints to bits last week and heating up for finals. Strong VC option and could go off the chain. Bloody risky though. Would lean towards Dan The Man Hannebery as the VC first though. 137 average over his last three, 126 in his last against North.

I’m steering clear of both Scott Pendlebury and Patrick Dangerfield this week, mainly as points of difference. However, Pendles is still under an injury cloud, despite playing the lowly Suns, and Paddy has had a down August, so there is rationale for not selecting either of those.

Tom Rockliff at home, coming off a mammoth score would be my lock for the week if I had him. 120 over his last 3, 159 last week… Rockliff is riding a massive arousal curve home and I’d LOCK. HIM. IN. I don’t give a stuff about Scott Selwood going to him, ride Rocky home, boys and girls.

Otherwise, Max Gawn has my C currently, and seems to have shaken the MCG hoodoo from the first half of the year: his last 5 games at the G have yielded an average of 121 and Carlton’s ruck stocks… well they aren’t great, to be honest.

RIGHTEO – that’s the end of my rambling incoherence for another week. I’ll try and pop in the comments later in the afternoon, but in case I don’t see ya, good afternoon, good evening and good weekend of fantasy football: be it Supercoach or CoachKings.

Lots of Love,

Patch

GET ON DOWN TO QUALIFY FOR COACHKINGS FINALS TONIGHT!

Round-22-CoachKings-Fixture

jay · 19/08/2016 at 09:48

have wells, steven and ward who are all underperforming.
have 2 trades and 219k and in 3 preliminary finals
who to trade or hold?
cheers

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 11:01

Steven and Ward are playing against teams with midfields who are not accountable and allow first possession to the opposition. Wells is playing against contested ball and pressure kings Sydney, who also happen to be in red hot form….

Patch · 19/08/2016 at 12:55

Absolutely agree, JB. Steven's just as likely to pump out a 170 as he is a 70, and against the tiges could do some massive damage.

Frank · 19/08/2016 at 10:10

Who will score less out of JJK and Gunston for my loophole?

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 12:00

Might depend on who you think will win the game! That's a tough one. I can't remember the last time Kennedy kicked a bag against good quality opposition and he seems to struggle all the time against Hawthorn. Always a first time for everything, but Gunston has much more pedigree of standing up in big games.

Patch · 19/08/2016 at 12:54

Kennedy doesn't do brilliantly against the Hawks, only averaging 90 or so. I'd go Gunston myself, Frank

Tommy · 19/08/2016 at 10:52

Want to bring Dahl in this week, but not sure who for. My opponent doesn't have him so could be the difference. Got 2 trades left and 3.2k in bank.

Dusty, Zerrett, Greene, Joey, Wells, Buddy (Motlop, Paine)

Motlop is the obvious pick, but against the Lions, could go large.

Thoughts?

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 10:59

Personally I'd bin off Wells even if your opponent has him. Roos not likely to get a lot of joy against Sydney. Shame the Dogs and Cats play last as won't be able to loophole Dahl and Mots. I'd back both of them to outscore Wells this week.

Tommy · 19/08/2016 at 11:20

If i was to do that, i would loop Toby Greene and Motlop and start Dahl on field.
      Also mate, thinking about going Collins to James Aish. Savage is very up and down and im thinking do that trade if Savage doesnt fire. Thoughts?

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 11:57

Yes good loophole. Collins to Aish looks more risky for a less probable outcome? Aish only just starting to score well and Collins likely to be very busy this week. Maybe hold that one and only do it if you really need to pull a rabbit out of the hat to make the GF? Not much value in the sub $400k defenders. If you're in the situation of needing to do something different to your opponent, maybe a sideways trade on the Sunday taking out one of your common mids and replacing with a unique might be the way to go?

Curly · 21/08/2016 at 12:48

Wells = 132. Nice call JB_Tank…

JB_Tank · 21/08/2016 at 20:27

Yep nailed it – as I did every other call this week… not! The best advice with my comments is read them and do the exact opposite. Then you will enjoy great success in super coach.

tttt · 19/08/2016 at 10:59

Hey patch and community , need some advice with this trade
Unfortunately have suckling in my team and I have 2 options:
1) suckling to Gibson
2)loop Collins and if he doesn't do well, suckling to aish
What do you guys think is the best option?

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 11:05

Jimmy Bartel is being managed this week. Bit of a surprise that.

SCaddict · 19/08/2016 at 11:33

Burn baby burn! Geez hasn't he run off the fantasy rails the past month or so.

Wonder if it has anything to do with that contract clause he has as you would've thought that maybe Enright would've been rested this weekend instead?

At least it may open up loop opportunities for a few of his owners with the Cats playing Sunday. And let's face it he was't exactly scoring great guns lately anyway. A similar loop opportunity for Suckling owners like me.

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 11:48

He did get a knee to the head from Kersten early in the game on Sunday and can only think it must be because of that. Really don't see the need to manage players given the pre-finals bye. Agree he hasn't been in good touch though – SC wise and general form wise.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 12:41

There ya go Patch.

First bit of carnage.

Expect some more in as the day/weekend progresses.

Patch · 19/08/2016 at 12:58

Phwoar that's a nice little kick in the shins to old Jimmy, and to many coaches. Time for Walla to step up for me!

Banga · 19/08/2016 at 11:14

Thoughts on going Wells down to Dahl and Collins to James Aish to loophole with Savage? 2 trades left.Thoughts on going Wells down to Dahl and Collins to James Aish to loophole with Savage? 2 trades left.
Wells got a tough last 2 games and Aish much more reliable than Collins imo.

Banga · 19/08/2016 at 11:14

written out twice, sorry

Patch · 19/08/2016 at 13:08

Like it, Banga, but prefer Gibson if you can scrape the cash

Mister_Spock · 19/08/2016 at 11:22

VC & C dilemma as always Community – especially with Rocky, Jelwood and Danger all playing in the same game!

At this stage I'm leaning towards VC Gawn and C on Rocky OR VC Hannebery and C Selwood.

Too risky to leave out Dangerfield? My opponent in the league prelim final has Danger too…

blue · 19/08/2016 at 11:46

I like VC Hannebury & C Gawn
    Danger has let me down the last two weeks

Ross · 19/08/2016 at 11:39

3 Trades left – 160k. Preliminary Final. What to do?
Def: Shaw, Mcveigh, Bartel, Laird, Simpson, Rich (S Collins, O McDonald)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, Ward, Hanners, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, S Thompson (J Smith, Trengove, T Phillips)
Ruck: Gawn, Goldstein (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Wells, Montagna, Zorko, Hall, Dalhaus (Tippa, Petracca)

SCaddict · 19/08/2016 at 11:49

Well Bartel needs to go with news breaking that he'll be rested during the Gabba trip. So would use that war chest to upgrade him to either Doc or Boyd.

Scotty Thompson is also bit of a weak link and although he tonned up against Freo last weekend his previous ton was waaaaay back in Rd5! Showdown and the Eagles isn't the easiest run home either so maybe do something there as well. For instance Steven is only $475K and finishes with the Tiges and Lions.

So maybe Bartel -> Boyd and Thompson -> Steven would be what I would do in your shoes.

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 12:06

Chris Scott has just said Bartel is not playing so might be time to bite the bullet and go to Docherty depending on what your opponent's team looks like. Z. Tuhoy is an interesting POD and is in red hot form with the same good draw as Doch and Simpson. I'd also look at taking out Hall or Wells. T Lynch has been a great POD for me and they have Port (poor defensive team) in the last game.

Mitchell · 19/08/2016 at 12:09

Bartel to someone with 459k
already have shaw docherty simpson boyd laird
??

Redgumwon · 19/08/2016 at 12:22

Have the same problem. Been looking at Pittard, Gibson, Williams Howe, McVeigh (I've got but you might not) May, Haynes & Houli

I'm looking for POD players
    Pittard is in 7.1% of teams
    Gibson is in 24.9% of teams
    Williams is in 3.2% of teams
    Howe is in 4.3% of teams
    McVeigh is in 7.6% of teams
    May is in 0.4% of teams
    Haynes is in 0.6% of teams
    Houli is in 2.6% of teams

I'm thinking I like Pittard or Williams best but Gibson can go big at times or do we hold Bartel if we have cover? I have Collins on the bench that I can bring onto the ground?

Mitchell · 19/08/2016 at 12:39

Joyce is my cover and i have 3 trades left so thinking of just trading bartel

Redgumwon · 19/08/2016 at 12:44

May as well use the trade to get the best player on the ground rather than waste it? I've been thinking I may hold and wait and see how things go over the round. I can always use Jimmy as a loophole as someone has already mentioned

oliver · 19/08/2016 at 12:12

Williams to Docherty, or Wells to Martin?

Clarky99 · 19/08/2016 at 12:20

Wells to Martin for me. Wells has a tough 2 weeks and will struggle to score well. Can't go wrong with either trade though.

Clarky99 · 19/08/2016 at 12:13

Not sure whether or not to leave the C on Danger this week. Has let me down last 2 weeks and looks like he will either cruise into finals or go huge this week. Thinking Hanners into Danger but could also go Hanners into Sloane, Dusty into Sloane or even Pendles into Danger. Thoughts?

C & VC options · 19/08/2016 at 12:17

Last time they met..

Danger v Lions 166
JPK v Roos 161
SMitchel v Eagles 144
Selwood v Lions 142
Hanners v Roos 126
Neale v Giants 124

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 12:36

very helpful – thanks

The VC choice could be pivotal this week.

Southern S · 19/08/2016 at 12:41

I'm going to play it by the stats and go with Big maxy Gawn VC and Danger Captain if that fails. Using Libbe as my loophole.

Redgumwon · 19/08/2016 at 12:45

That was my plan on Monday and I'll be sticking with it

Steeeve · 19/08/2016 at 12:47

Still tempted by Pendles as VC. Gold Coast are so bad.

pod · 21/08/2016 at 06:01

Hope you did it Steeeve

Steeeve · 21/08/2016 at 13:43

Bloody went JPK instead. Now deciding on a C

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 13:23

Patch,

Well if there is no news of any significance lets just start a few rumours to get the juices flowing:

Bartel will be a late out – oh wait confirmed.

Prestia to Richmond – for Brett Deledio and Richmonds first round pick 2017

JOM to Geelong – For Josh Caddy/Mitch Duncan and Geelongs first round pick 2017. Will be able to fit him in as Bartel will retire.

Sam Reid to Collingwood – Pick 26 to Sydney

David Swallow to North – Lachie Hansen/Majak Daw and North Melbourne's second round pick 2016

Tom Rockcliff to Carlton – Pick 5 to Brisbane.

Hayden Ballantine to WC – Pick 29

Cam McCarthy to Freo – gonna have to pull a rabbit out of the hat as don't enter the draft till pick 39. would think GWS may want more than that. Maybe their first round pick 2017?

Tom Mtichell to Hawthorn – Pick 18 or first round pick 2017 to Sydney

Travis choke to Freo – pick 39 or TC and phillps to WB – pick 31

Adam Thomilson to Carlton – Pick 23 and ? not much to bargin with? 2nd round pick 2016&2017

Kev · 19/08/2016 at 14:29

Come to the Tigers, Cloke. For Vickery and two dozen Coles brand beef sausages

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:44

Keep Vickery mate, just up the sausage offer.

jockreynolds · 19/08/2016 at 14:52

Love this Trigger. Tom Rockliff to Carlton – now there's an interesting one. Only 26 but shit he's injury prone. Pick 5 could be about right though I reckon mate.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 16:25

Thanks Jock.
      There's always a few curve balls/surprises in the Draft.

Buddy and Griffen/Tom Boyd spring to mind.

I'm sure the blues would happily part with pick 5 for rocky and wouldn't the extractor (cripps) welcome him with open arms.

Flash · 19/08/2016 at 13:52

2 trades left. Do I trade Bartel to Gibson or Houli? Or blow both trades and get Enright.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:39

It's flip a coin time for defenders but i'm with Kev, you gotta keep a trade up your sleeve.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 13:59

Bartel out is a disaster for me. Only got Collins as cover.
3 trades and 18K left and I was planning on painting the fence (Martin to Goldie and Keays to a rook) and having 100K and a trade for next week.
Now what?
Martin has to go 'cos Smith is named. If I go Martin to NicNat I'm left with only $448,300 for a defender if I then trade Jimmy.
Aish? Pittard? Tuohy? JJ? Houlli? May?
These are not names I wanted to be thinking about this week!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 14:08

Can u go Gibson?

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 14:37

Yeah he's an option but I've never he could give me a 53 or a 127….big swing between his best and worst.
      His last three are 54, 58, 99…
      I'm having a good look at Aish who has been pretty good the last few weeks and he would leave me cash to make next weeks trade useful.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 15:00

yeah Aish has really stepped it up the last few weeks big improvement on season beginning.

don't I know it re Gibson. been riding the rollercoaster most of the year.

defence is a gamble. anyone of them could go big on their day.

how has touhy's last couple of weeks been?

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:31

108, 121, 112.
          Sadly, I've just realised I'm 3k short of getting him.
          It's between Houlli and Aish I think.
          Houlli has scored 108 and 124 in his last two and he's only in 2.6% of teams.

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 15:55

Gibson not a great pick this week. Straton is still out and neither Spanger or Shoey are ready. Gibbo will have to play close to Darling and leave Birchell to run the ball out

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 14:56

think of it as not a disaster because you have 3 trades left and most people who have Bartel don't. well done.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:23

You're right of course, hopefully at least some of my opponents will be in that position.
      Would you stick with Collins or trade Jimmy?

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 15:53

put E on Collins and see how he does. Fremantle play saturday afternoon, cats don't play until sunday afternoon.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 16:16

I thought of that but I want Houlli if I do trade so it can't be done.
          None of the Sunday teams have a defender I want/can afford.

Shake n bake · 19/08/2016 at 16:39

You could prob keep Martin, Smith on the extended bench let's hope when the sun games come out soon he's not named.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 16:48

There's still a chance eh?!
              Fingers are crossed.

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 16:44

fair enough. i would go JJ ahead of Houli (JJ plays last game Sunday)

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 16:49

Hmmm, maybe….I've only just now looked at the Doggies draw….Bombers and Freo makes him a bit more tempting.

Paul96 · 19/08/2016 at 14:04

Hey community in a bit of a dilemma.

2 trades left with 75k. Confident I can win this week with Collins covering Bartel, should have a lot of it going his way.

Option 1:
Trade Gaff for Dahl this week, and next week have enough cash to upgrade Wells to Rocky/Coniglio/Crouch.

Option 2:
Give Gaff another crack, bring in Dahl for Petracca and loophole Gaff for the next two weeks.

Only issue is that in the finals the deciding matchups will be Greene v Ward, Gaff v Priddis. I think Option 1 gives me a better chance in the GF if I can bring in someone like Rocky, but Option 2 seems the more logical.

Any thoughts would be great 🙂

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 14:58

i would hold off until tomorrow morning, see how Gaff goes tonight. Stick Gaff on the bench with the E. If he has a shocker, trade Petracca to dalhaus then.

if Gaff does ok, keep two trades for next week

Dave2008 · 19/08/2016 at 14:48

D Shaw Laird McVeigh Birchall Pittard Rich Tucker Collins
M Danger Pendles Hannaberry Parker Ward Hodge Petracca Treloar Yeo Hewett Trengove
R Goldy Mummy M King
F Martin Buddy Montagna Zorko Stringer Wells Dahlhaus Phillips

I'm trading in players playing Sunday to see how my final is going if possible. Yeo or Rich to trade ?

3 trades 57 k preliminary final

Option 1 Rich and Petracca for Bont and Long? Essendon
Option 2 Rich for Armitage

Pringles · 19/08/2016 at 14:55

Hi all. Have followed all year but first post.
Have been thinking all week about barrel to rance and Davis to wills to make up the cash. Dance not mentioned in dispatches. Am I missing something? Will leave me one trade for gf.

Pringles · 19/08/2016 at 14:57

Bartel to rance.

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 15:07

good pick. I guess not mentioned much as most people have Rance already

JB_Tank · 19/08/2016 at 15:39

Think that's just because Rance is a popular pick and working assumption is that people already have him. He is in imperious form and a risk to not have him if your opponent does.

That said, always worth looking at your opponent's squad and deciding whether you need to match up a player they already have (because you think your remaining unique players can give you victory) or whether you need to take a risk and go with someone different. This of course only applies if you are in one or a small number of match ups… I know some of the bigger players here are in 9/10 preliminaries this week so straight out match play vs. opponent squad won't work for them.

If your opponent doesn't have Rance then this would be an A1 trade to make.

Pringles · 19/08/2016 at 16:03

Cheers guys. Thank you.

Maestro · 19/08/2016 at 17:53

Actually think Barrel would be a good nickname for Jimmy, if he keeps the beard and blows out in retirement next year!!

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 15:00

Bartel is out and i have………gulp………BSmith as my D7.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:43

Will he be hero or villain?!
    Anythng could happen….

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 15:45

He could bring back his form of a couple of years back and you'll be hard pressed not to select him next year haha

Dave2008 · 19/08/2016 at 15:23

D Shaw Laird McVeigh Birchall Pittard Rich Tucker Collins
R Goldy Mummy M King
F Martin Buddy Montagna Zorko Stringer Wells Dahlhaus Phillips

3 trades 57 k preliminary final Rich and Petracca for Bont and Long? Essendon
Rich for Armitage

Silver Fox · 19/08/2016 at 15:24

My def is Docherty/Boyd/Rance/Gibson/Laird/Bartel. Is Heath Shaw for Bartel worth the risk this week with Collins and Broadbent as cover. I have 2 trades left.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:40

I'd do it if I could.

Kev · 19/08/2016 at 15:30

Gibbo. Keep one trade for next week

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:42

Bont and Long option for mine.

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 15:42

Caught in two minds fellas. Team below…

Shaw, Rance, Gibbo, Simmo, Laird, Zac Williams (Collins, Lee)

Danger, Hanners, Pendles, Selwood, Bont, Parker, Neale, Ward (Mathieson, Phillips, Macpherson)

Gawn, Stef Martin (Naismith)

Dusty, Zorko, Zac Merrett, Montagna, Buddy, Hall (Petracca, Chol)

Have swing and cover everywhere with 2 trades left and 85k in the bank

Trade Stef Martin??

Bring in Dahl for Hall??

OR do both and be left with ample cover but no trades?

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:45

Stef's gotta go but I'd hold the other trade.

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 15:50

Agree, will see how it pans out and use a second trade only if need be

Nic Nat/ Mummy?

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 15:55

I've gone for NicNat. He's well rested coming into the end of the season and the team needs him to dominate if they're going to beat the Hawks.

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 15:46

Or bring in Dahl for Petracca… But I can't loop Hall and Dahl this week or anyone else really

Tom · 19/08/2016 at 15:56

Howe or JJ for Bartel? Or someone else, with only 440k to spend

Jay · 19/08/2016 at 16:01

Gibson

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 16:39

Stratton is still out for the Hawks. He has gone to Darling last few times they have played, including GF.

Gibbo will be given the job to stay close to Darling all night (really good match up) as frawley will go to JJK.

It could be one of those 57 SC nights for Gibbo.

He Man · 19/08/2016 at 16:06

Do I loophole Gibson or Savage?

Derek · 19/08/2016 at 16:40

Gibbo will have job on Darling tonight. can't see him scoring that well.

Chris · 19/08/2016 at 16:18

Bring in Dahl for Kerridge? Will take my last 2 trades to get it done…in 6 prelims and full premo apart from Kerridge and Tippa (def) yes or no?

scoop dog · 19/08/2016 at 16:39

Just heard this from a reliable sauce.. Jimmy 'rested', his beard exceeded carry on luggage limits and it would take at least 24 hours to remove so there's no option but to leave him at home.

Tom · 19/08/2016 at 16:50

Which one to trade in from Montagna, Kennedy, Dahlhaus, Gunston or Franklin

Shags · 19/08/2016 at 17:08

I have all bar Gunston, but if i had to pick itr would be Dahlhaus.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 17:11

probably not really SC relevant as I doubt any of us would have him.

But Jakey Stringer axed from the doggies final 22 on Sunday.
Emg.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/08/2016 at 17:12

Grimely also didn't make the cut.

Be a handy loop.

johnno2908 · 19/08/2016 at 18:09

Omitted… but named as emergency. Would hate to rely on him being out as a loop.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 17:16

Woohoo! Archie Smith is omitted!!
Sorry Archie.

Shake n bake · 19/08/2016 at 17:59

See Smith out witch is great hold Martin! I'm rapt Grimley out aswell I can loophole my fwds have Gawn vc and Danger capt!!

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 18:21

Does it really make a difference?? How do we know how Stef will go? Still has been inconsistent and playing a good cats side!

SCaddict · 19/08/2016 at 18:36

It can surely only help his scoring. The rest is up to Stef but welcome news for his owners I would've thought.

Shake n bake · 19/08/2016 at 18:41

But won't share the ruck duties more minutes in the centre and around stoppages. Like SC said the rest is up to Stef!

Locked ad Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 18:46

It is welcome news I will be saving the trade also.. Come on big fella!!

Tommo09 · 19/08/2016 at 17:30

Buddy or Hanners or Gawn VC?
Gawn or Rocky C?

pod · 19/08/2016 at 18:20

Buddy & Hanners in Tasmania weather not looking good.

Rocky v Cats no recent scores (this season) but from memory he scores big v Cats, and Lions at home dry track.

Danger went bang last time v Lions, same as Jelwood.

Good luck Tommo

Looper · 19/08/2016 at 17:35

Ok, crazy loophole time….

Midfield
Parker (opponent has) or Hannebery (just me) on the bench
And if they spud up I'll trade in the Bont

Forward
Wells (opponent has) or Montagna (just me) and if they spud up, I'll take Petracca (or trade in Zorko)

Thoughts….

pod · 19/08/2016 at 17:55

Swans vs Roos, Parker spud score last time Hanners 120+

Wells v Joey even but Zorko better!

Billioux · 19/08/2016 at 17:47

Was going to use one of my last two trades.Stef out NicNat in. With Archie out maybe not now. Thoughts guys.

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 18:18

Same position mate so caught up in two minds right now

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 18:46

Decide to hold if that makes it any easier for you

Keithy · 19/08/2016 at 17:52

Hi all, in some serious crap. Only 1 trade left and have to replace Wingard. Only $396,000 in the bank. Can't decide between R.Lobb or C.Daniel. Any help would be much appreciated.

Locked and Loaded · 19/08/2016 at 18:57

Better options out there mate… Breust or probs Tex as a smokey… Lobb is the better of those two though

Keithy · 19/08/2016 at 19:27

Thanks for the heads up. I have gone with Breust.

Locked and Loaded · 20/08/2016 at 00:20

You'll take a 90 for a forward at that price

Jimmy Buckets · 19/08/2016 at 18:50

Zac Williams to Burgoyne?? Thoughts gents

Pman35 · 19/08/2016 at 18:53

Hi Community I'm down to my last trade this week and can't decide which of the following two problems to fix and would love your thoughts and wisdom on the following two options; Daniel Rich (who I've wanted to rage trade all year!) to Alex Rance or the disappointing Mark Blicavs? Currently leaning towards Blicav who can't seem to top the 80's of late rather than Rich who can occasionally go big, thoughts?

Pman35 · 19/08/2016 at 19:40

I meant Blicavs for Nic Nat or Rich for Rance, thoughts?

Shake n bake · 19/08/2016 at 18:57

Docherty Simpson Rance laird Shaw McGovern Collins Adams
Danger Selwood Pendles Slone Priddas Cripps Hanners Parker Shiel Phillips Stewart
Gawn Martin wyhatt
Dusty Zorko buddy Dahlhaus Montagna Lynch Naismith Grimley.
This is my side l have 3 trades left with 115k in the kitty. I really can't see what sideways trades to make if any. Thoughts???

Don't Blush Baby · 19/08/2016 at 19:15

Relax mate, its the VC & C that will make the difference,take your gut pick

Shake n bake · 19/08/2016 at 19:30

I'm goin with Gawn vc danger capt only trade i can think of doing is Stewart to a non playing Bulldogs rookie they play last game this week and next need to loophole Shiel.

hedski · 19/08/2016 at 23:23

Shiel to Zerret and loop him with Lynch using Grimely. Sry no swing

Shake n bake · 20/08/2016 at 05:50

Have Naismith looping with lynch just have a little feeling Shiel might go alright at home to freo.

Mac · 19/08/2016 at 18:57

Who are the best downgrade options this week? Don't necessarily have to be on the bubble

Clarky99 · 19/08/2016 at 19:09

Got Gibbo, Savage and Collins in defence. Which 2 do i loophole? I know Savage and Collins obvious picks but as Derek has been mentioning, Gibbo could spud it up this week.

Also, thoughts on bringing in Dahl for Wells? Wells got a tough final 2 weeks and Dahl has an easy 2 weeks. Other options to trade out are Motlop and toby greene. Thoughts would very much be appreciated!

Pman35 · 19/08/2016 at 20:00

I've got Gibbo and are starting him on the bench as Emergency with Oscar McDonald of Melb on ground and if Gibbo go's large then I'll put the injured Logan Austin on the ground. Gibbo has been up and own like a yo-yo this season and could spud it up with a sub 60 score so why risk it if you have options?

Tony · 19/08/2016 at 19:34

I want to trade Wines or Wells to Dahl.
Which one goes community ?

Clarky99 · 19/08/2016 at 19:35

If you are pretty confident of the league win, go Wells as Wines has a pretty easy last game.

Tommo · 19/08/2016 at 20:24

Ok guys, in a money league prelim this week. Opposition has both Wells and Dahl and i only have Wells. Was planning on going Wells to Dahl, but now unsure. Also aiming to go as high as possible in rank. Who do i Negate, Wells or Dahl?

SCaddict · 19/08/2016 at 22:20

NicNat has been put on ice. Hopefully no one traded him in this week as he may need to be flicked for the GF.

LJB · 19/08/2016 at 22:22

So who traded in Nic Nat? Man I was so close to getting him in this wk

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 23:12

He was in my team until Smith got dropped.
    Reversed the trade at 6:30 and went Bartel to Doch instead so dodged a bullet there!

Billioux · 19/08/2016 at 23:45

Yep, till Archie was out NicNat was in. Luck is required

Tagger · 19/08/2016 at 22:40

Do you guys think they're gonna rest Merrett for the last round??
I got delidio still, can trade to Merrett then I can put wells on the bench
Or
Do some swing arounds and trade lids to Rance. Putting Rich on my midfield bench ( won't be able to swing him after though )
Thoughts community?

Steeeve · 19/08/2016 at 22:46

Of course this week my opponent doesn't have Gibson.

The Ranger · 19/08/2016 at 23:15

Jeez he was rubbish wasn't he?
    He's on the "never in my team" list now.
    Too big a swing between his best and worst.

Steeeve · 19/08/2016 at 23:28

Can bite you , say for instance when he lays a turd as you're trying to make a grand final

Simmo · 20/08/2016 at 06:25

lol he didn't wanna mess up his hair

Tim · 19/08/2016 at 22:54

Thank god I loopholed Gibson. Collins becomes Kade Simpson tomorrow.

Tagger · 19/08/2016 at 23:49

Rich and Merrett
Or
Wells & Rance
Or
Rance & Lynch
Or
McDonald & Merrett

Have only got enough cash for either.
$8k short on Rance & Merret

Locked and Loaded · 20/08/2016 at 00:26

Rance and Lynch (Goald Coast Lynch I'm assuming)

Dob a · 19/08/2016 at 23:54

How lethal was the Gibson , Mitchell , Gunston combo tonight !

Like if you had these fukcwits

Tim · 20/08/2016 at 12:03

My opponent did

Dob · 19/08/2016 at 23:54

How lethal was the Gibson , Mitchell , Gunston combo tonight !

Like if you had these fukcwits

Simmo · 20/08/2016 at 06:17

Ha ha ha bunch of look at me's

Bretto · 20/08/2016 at 00:01

Bartel to Enright or Boyd? Are either at risk of being rested next week?

Locked and Loaded · 20/08/2016 at 00:24

Patting myself on the back for looping Gibbo… Absolutely spudded it up

Best duo?

Hall and Docherty OR Dahl and Johannisen??

My opponent has Docherty so could cancel him out

Can't afford Dahl and Doch

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 00:57

This is why we avoid hawthorn players

Locked and Loaded · 20/08/2016 at 07:00

Gibbo has won me some encounters this year but his floor is too low to handle will avoid next year… Which duo Derek? Your words last night encouraged my Gibbo decision!

I N Pieman · 20/08/2016 at 07:47

Think Gibbo has won his way into Big Carls "dammed" section on Monday. Spud

Locked and Loaded · 20/08/2016 at 07:53

Was an utter disgrace!!

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 08:46

You also dodged a bullet not trading in NicNat L&L.

Simmo · 20/08/2016 at 05:44

Hawks are gone, no top 4 had a chance at history but stuffed it. Mitchell, Gibbo, Rioli all missing in action. And the Gaff stood up in the face of adversity and delivered, you little beauty!! Alister got it wrong in the west, he might be remembered for this monumental balls up, they let him down big time. No hawks in my sc team, no thanks.

Simmo · 20/08/2016 at 06:33

If you traded Gibbo in you should of went Brand instead, more points last night and a lot cheaper

Don't Blush Baby · 20/08/2016 at 08:28

Should I trade out Bartel or let Tippa cover ? Only have 443k to spend though ?

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 08:57

Well JJ, Houli, Macca and Pittard would be the ones to pick from with that kind of budget.

None of these guys have been super impressive when compared to the ultra premos in defence. However they should all be a significant improvement over AMT and probably even superior to Bartel given the way he's fallen away late in the season.

So I'd probably pull the trigger on whomever you like best out of that bunch DBB. I guess you need to weigh up whether say the expected extra 20-40pts is worth it in your main prelims this week, over preserving that trade for a potential GF if you have 2 or less trades. Only you can make that call.

Don't Blush Baby · 20/08/2016 at 09:06

Thanks , I have 2 trades, need to go Winghard for Dahl first, unless Naismith can get at least 110 which I doubt, also I going to see what S.Collins gets, maybe pull out a 90 again which I doubt ,if so I'll take over the Bartel trade

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 09:12

Yes that is probably a good way to go. I'll be looping Collins too on the off chance he goes large.

Of course that would rule out Houli and Macca. But still leaves both Pittard and JJ as decent options along with any others you may like instead that play either Saturday night or Sunday.

Nuggety · 20/08/2016 at 09:17

Who is more likely to score better this round…Hall or Wells? Opponent has neither..

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 10:32

Well the Rio Olympics are finally dead to me now. Thank fark for fantasy footy and this mighty site!

I N Pieman · 20/08/2016 at 11:02

Our Olympic team reminds me of Richmond. Plenty of hype then implode into spuds

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 11:12

Maybe we should consider microwaving our Medicare card then.

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:15

I took that pentathlon chick as pod and put the VC on her, boom

Joe · 20/08/2016 at 10:59

Had a shocker of a night with Gibbo and NicNat playing yesterday, leaving me down about 50 odd points against my opponent.
Both of us have Hanners as VC, should I change VC to Neale or JPK last minute, or just captain Gawn last minute (he has Danger as C)?

I N Pieman · 20/08/2016 at 11:06

You need to get an edge. Pull the last minute switch. I'd go JPK

pod · 20/08/2016 at 12:31

JPK, last time vs roos 161

Tagger · 20/08/2016 at 11:04

Johannison & Merrett
or
Rance & Lynch

or another combinations?

Tagger · 20/08/2016 at 11:05

or Rance & Franklin

Richard · 20/08/2016 at 11:39

Need desperate help please!!.
Sammy Mitchell has let me down as VC & also need to replace Bartel. Have $570k I can spend.
Doherty, Enright or Boyd for Bartel?
Also, thinking of captain between Gawn or Hannas? (He has Hannas as VC & Rockliff as C – I don't have Rockliff)

pod · 20/08/2016 at 12:28

If your opponent does NOT have Doch he's your man

Richard · 20/08/2016 at 12:45

Opponent has Docherty & Enright but not Boyd

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:14

Doc is your man anyway

NEIL DEMONSDELIGHT · 20/08/2016 at 12:01

Are Hawthorn GAWN Lucky early season on 4 OCCASIONS and thrashed by Dees now Weagles.Sorry Derek but maybe end of an era.and enough of road trip excuses Sydney and bullies now in front of them.Lycett is a worry to me.swapped him for wyatt to get dpp and he nails it.Just hoping his replacement can turn it around little hope though its MENADUE.END OF MY YEAR CLOSE

TRIGGER HAPPY · 20/08/2016 at 23:33

Hawks kryptonite is a first class ruckman.
    They get smashed around the clearances if the ruckman is top shelf.
    Happened against mummy and gws, gawn and the dees and now nic nat and weaglez.

Mind you u gotta tag mitchell that's a given.

Andy · 20/08/2016 at 12:02

Hi community,

Is there time to do a trade after the Melbourne v Carlton game tomorrow? The games at 110pm and the next us at 320pm.

I have 3 trades left and want Gawn as my VC into Danger as C. But if Gawn goes huge I want to trade a non playing player from the dogs (who play the last game this week and next so will be handy) and get Gawns score.

I have a full premo side and bench cover so I feel this is the best way to go.

Thanks !

Shake n bake · 20/08/2016 at 12:39

Yes Hamilton I had 3 trades left aswell traded Stewart for him last night.

CoachDamo · 21/08/2016 at 10:47

You'll have to make the trade before the Melbourne v Carlton game finishes. I have the VC on Gawn as well. By 3:15 it should be early in the last quarter – I'll assess how Max is going then.

Tommo · 20/08/2016 at 12:23

Savage or Collins on field?

Redgumwon · 20/08/2016 at 13:20

Savage

Rick · 20/08/2016 at 12:27

Greene or Motlop on field? With Paine being named, takes away the loophole. I could loophole one and if he plays well, bring in a non playing player but i only have 1 trade left. Thoughts?

pod · 20/08/2016 at 12:39

If Motlop kicks straight last week you wouldn't be asking, I would go Motlop.

Clarky99 · 20/08/2016 at 13:13

Hanners, JPK Pendles or Sloane VC?

Redgumwon · 20/08/2016 at 13:20

I like JPK and it could be wet down in Tassie. Then again the Sloane Ranger might bounce back this week and have a big one

Southern S · 20/08/2016 at 13:26

Maybe JPK or Hanners Brad Crouch has been stealing everything for the crow's he's on fire
    and pendles isn't 100% is he?

Guy · 20/08/2016 at 13:23

Should I trade wells to Montagna or Riewoldt and ward to hanners? Please help?

Keenbutclueless · 20/08/2016 at 13:43

Got a sneaky feeling that Goldy could go big today. Have put the VC on him. Either that or I am chasing last year's points.

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:13

Looks like the latter =(

Shake n bake · 20/08/2016 at 14:21

Why buddy!!

I N Pieman · 20/08/2016 at 14:30

What's happened to him?

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 14:54

Copped a knock to the torso early in the 1st qtr and has spudded it up since.

I N Pieman · 20/08/2016 at 14:59

4 points at HT. Thank Christ I didn't VC him. Is he done for the day? I'm out with the kids & can't see games

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 15:07

No he actually played the entire 2nd qtr just didn't touch it.

Clearly hindered but maybe he can have some kind of impact in the 2nd half. Not looking flash though.

johnno2908 · 20/08/2016 at 15:07

Traded Lycett to Franklin…. So far 6 points in 6 quarters of football in the last 2 weeks hahaha. Thankfully he is on the bench

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 21:02

I tossed up and put Dusty on bench, played buddy.

Don't Blush Baby · 20/08/2016 at 14:36

Dusty – WTF's goin on ? – I have you as a POD in my main league!

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:12

It sounds like the people in your main league are awful at SC =p

Crowmagnon · 20/08/2016 at 14:37

GC Tom Lynch or Tobias Green for my F6 spot?
Already have Dusty, Zorko, Merret, Dahl, Wells.
Any other suggestions?

He Man · 20/08/2016 at 14:58

What a disaster. Buddy as (VC), and on top of that Riewoldt, Rance and Martin spudding it up.

Juzzy · 20/08/2016 at 15:02

118 points stuck on my bench. Thank you Scott Lycett.
Higgos standard deviation spreadsheet just self destructed.

Liam · 20/08/2016 at 16:18

Gawn or Rocky as captain ?

LJB · 20/08/2016 at 16:22

Im going Gawn into Rocky. Not much time to take gawns score if he goes big tho. Have u used VC

Liam · 20/08/2016 at 16:34

yeah used it on Hanners.

LJB · 20/08/2016 at 18:13

Think they will both go large. Flip a coin

Clarky99 · 20/08/2016 at 16:20

Is Buddy injured?

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 16:26

Copped a knock to the kidney area early in the game. Soldiered on and was actually not too bad in the final qtr.

Although he crapped the bed today he should hopefully be alright for next week for those coaches who progress to a GF.

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:11

Fortunately his flabby midsection us like armor to cushion his vital organs

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:11

In the head maybe

Stuffed for 2016 · 20/08/2016 at 16:59

Can't wait for this bloody sc to finish 2016 R.I.P

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 17:21

NicNat confirmed ACL rupture the poor bugger. Full recon required so we probably won't see him until 2018 now.

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:10

Wowwww oh well, at least it makes next years ruck selection easier

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 18:43

Big shame for Dog Dog

Juzzy · 20/08/2016 at 19:54

Supercoach aside it's been a horrible season like that.
    Nic Nat, Fyfe, Ablett, Roughead, Deledio, etc.. all guys I would pay money to see and I'm a Saints supporter.

Keenbutclueless · 20/08/2016 at 17:42

Was planning Bartel to JJ. There was some good advice on this forum to wait until Collins plays and assess then. I took that good advice and it seems to be paying off. No matter how many years you play this game, can always learn things off this site.

Moustachio · 20/08/2016 at 18:10

Doing the same, Collins is a gun

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 18:44

Good move

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 20:59

I have Brodie, I'll be doing the Bartel to JJ trade now

CoachDamo · 21/08/2016 at 10:44

I had the E on Collins too so happy with his 92. My league match is tight though so still tempted to bring in JJ to negate my opponent.

pod · 21/08/2016 at 12:26

Same Damo, my last trade is now secure for gf week, thankyou Collins!

Tommo09 · 20/08/2016 at 17:51

Gawn or Rocky C?
Used VC already

Steve · 20/08/2016 at 18:24

I'd go Gawn, especially if your in a close league game due to his reliability of late. Only if u are down by a lot I'd go rocky as he's in fewer teams and has a higher ceiling score. Going for overall ranking it depends on how much of a risk u want to take as to who u choose

Tommo09 · 20/08/2016 at 18:29

Opponent has Gawn
      Going to be a close game

Juzzy · 20/08/2016 at 19:57

Does your opponent have Gawn as Captain ?

LJB · 20/08/2016 at 18:11

Do u think i should bench pendles or selwood to get wells 132?

Steve · 20/08/2016 at 18:27

Do u think it's worth using the VC on Treloar tonight in his 100th game and the giving Gawn the C if he doesn't score highly, or should I save the VC for Gawn tomorrow and then if Gawn doesn't go bick flick the C to danger before his game starts?

Steve · 20/08/2016 at 18:29

Sorry my previous comment wasn't meant to be a reply. I'd probably take off pendles as I'm not convinced he's 100% of late

LJB · 20/08/2016 at 18:53

Thanks mate

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 22:28

Ouch

Ben · 20/08/2016 at 22:41

Pendles doubters copped a harsh lesson tonight.

Clarky99 · 21/08/2016 at 13:56

That hurts

Steve · 20/08/2016 at 18:28

navy · 20/08/2016 at 19:00

Sloane for VC
C.. Gawn or Danger???

Don't Blush Baby · 20/08/2016 at 19:27

Banking the 92 from Collins, no need to trade Bartel now

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 19:44

Came through with the goods alright. Shame he (and Freo) dropped away in the 2nd half so didn't ton up like he was tracking earlier.

But 92 is very bankable for a defender.

Don't Blush Baby · 20/08/2016 at 19:49

Yeah 60 at 1/2 time, thought he would have gone over a 100, all good though

Juzzy · 20/08/2016 at 19:49

Yep. Benching Rich.

Mick · 21/08/2016 at 13:55

Same hear.

SCaddict · 20/08/2016 at 20:25

The nightmare continues for Brodie Smith owners being those who may have been unfortunately stuck with him due to trade issues.

KO'd and stretchered off. Was on track early for a massive score too.

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 20:57

Some people have kept Collins as there D7, others of us have to deal with having Brodie……. Sigh.

4 the win · 20/08/2016 at 21:13

Do i trade out motlop or robinson (last trade) to get lycets 118 if it means gwtting the win and into the granny??? Not sure if it will yet but if it works out that way its a done deal right???

pod · 21/08/2016 at 12:46

Ben · 20/08/2016 at 22:34

Reality check for Brad Crouch owners. Premo mid he's not!

Derek · 20/08/2016 at 22:43

Don't think there are many who own him. Will be a good player though

Moustachio · 21/08/2016 at 08:24

Where is that smug bastard who was asking us if we were jealous that he held BCrouch all this time…. nahhhhhh

Ben · 20/08/2016 at 22:36

And KK holders what the hell are you still doing with him??

Steeeve · 21/08/2016 at 18:11

Had him at d7 and backed him to cover Bartel. Thought if I kept him as d7 I'd better use him (and save my last two trades).
    Worst pick ever.

dasha · 20/08/2016 at 22:56

fellas, currently down 1354 to 1513. i have docherty, rockliff and silvagni as my unique players left, oponent has only gibbs, both currently have gawn as captain, but should i put it on dangerfield? $1000if i win this league, what on earth do i do boys????

Great fact hunt · 21/08/2016 at 10:59

That's a close one dasha. I would go danger as it is going to probably be wet in Melbourne so hard to take marks being a big unit. Take a chance and good luck. Ps I'm in same spot and going Zorko as c. As I need the points. My opponent will wait to last minute and follow my captain if danger or Gawn.

pod · 21/08/2016 at 12:38

Doch & Rocky should deliver not sure about Silvagni. Imo Danger a solid C vs Lions in Qld, Max might be down on previous scores if rain comes to the G.

Dasha · 21/08/2016 at 12:46

thanks heaps for that boys! silvagni a late out so looks like ill need hipwood to score 60 or so 😐 lets hope i owe you boys a beer after this

TRIGGER HAPPY · 20/08/2016 at 23:41

About 60 behind in my main cashy.

we both have most of the big boys to come 2mrw.
i have doc and rock he has jj and the bont.
he has C on gawn.

should i roll the dice and put the big C on rocky or put the C on gawn and hope doc and rock go off and the doggies have a quiet one?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 20/08/2016 at 23:47

Oh that 60 points sloane v pendles.

Disappointing sloanedog

SCaddict · 21/08/2016 at 00:01

I think you are far enough behind that you should probably go with a POD captain in either Danger or Rocky and pray Big Maxy has a somewhat quieter game.

I'm choosing Danger myself as he's surely overdue a huge one and plenty of coaches have jumped off him after the past fortnight. Rocky should hopefully score well too.

The Ranger · 21/08/2016 at 01:08

Had the VC on Pendles tonight. Woohoo!

pod · 21/08/2016 at 06:00

Hands up who traded Pendles, stupid stupid

Tommo09 · 21/08/2016 at 07:51

Projected to win my prelim by only 2
But with Rocky and Zorko, my uniques, having high projections I could lose.
He is up by 309 with Enright to come
I have Rocky, Zorko, Dahlhaus and JJ
Should I change my C from Gawn to Rocky or keep it the same?

pod · 21/08/2016 at 08:17

I'd be worried about Scott Selwood on Rocky today, more likely Zorko will be free

I N Pieman · 21/08/2016 at 09:16

Think Scott Selwood goes to rich

pod · 21/08/2016 at 09:26

It doesn't make sense but you're probably right Pieman. Reminds me of no tag on Sam Mitchell for so long by most teams, when it clearly slows the Hawks; for example Friday nights loss to the Eagles. Being a Cats fan, I hope SSelwood goes to Rocky or Zorko to get him ready for the finals!

I N Pieman · 21/08/2016 at 10:18

I think they give him a soft easy kill this week in rich who hoists the white flag the moment someone walks up to him. Perhaps Viney/Tyson next week

Tommo09 · 21/08/2016 at 10:29

Do I change my C?

He Man · 21/08/2016 at 07:58

What about the Bont as (C)?

pod · 21/08/2016 at 09:30

The Bont under the roof vs Bombers looks like a logical choice.

Tim · 21/08/2016 at 12:37

What is he projected to score out of curiosity? Thinking about bringing him in for my second trade this weekend.

He Man · 21/08/2016 at 14:35

107

pod · 21/08/2016 at 08:47

Forget Fyfe, Lachie Neale is a lock premo mid next year. 151 SC points with Dockers only scoring 39 points, WOW!! Sooo tempted to VC him yesterday, I hope someone did!!

I N Pieman · 21/08/2016 at 08:59

Have to agree with you pod. Durable & high scoring beast

Liam · 21/08/2016 at 09:46

Should I take Hall's 106 ?
My mids left are Selwood, Rocky and Cripps.

I N Pieman · 21/08/2016 at 10:25

I'd park Cripps on the pine personally

pod · 21/08/2016 at 12:45

Same same

Brad · 21/08/2016 at 14:09

Looks like parking Cripps on the pine is bad advice! *5 sc pts and not even HT

Brad · 21/08/2016 at 14:09

Brad · 21/08/2016 at 14:21

109 @ HT for Cripps

pod · 21/08/2016 at 14:22

well spotted Brad

pod · 21/08/2016 at 14:23

Liam give us the news, did Cripps start?

Liam · 21/08/2016 at 14:50

Cripps was started. Couldnt be happier.

pod · 21/08/2016 at 18:18

You f*%k'n beauty Liam

BingoBangoJingoJango · 21/08/2016 at 10:29

Have a 30sih point predicted win with Pods Selwood, Boyd and Simpson V Rocky, Martin and Mcdonald. Both have Danger as captain. Do i back my players in to win or change Captain to Gawn thinking he will go bigger than danger? Any input appreciated fellas

pod · 21/08/2016 at 12:20

Last time they played Lions Danger & Selwood went big

Boltons BLues · 21/08/2016 at 10:48

Doch, Cripps, Dahl and Boyd +50 points vs Weitering, Rich, Selwood and JJ
hes got his VC left, mine was Priddas
Gawn or Danger C?

Bretto · 21/08/2016 at 10:53

Have three trades left, have Collins 90 odd on bench for Bartel if needed. 2 prelims are tight 1 in bag, should I trade Bartel for Enright and hope he scores over 90 or thing about gf and trade a bench player down to non playing rookie and go into next week with 2 trades and 300k?

Kev · 21/08/2016 at 11:16

Better late than never Pieman!

I N Pieman · 21/08/2016 at 12:25

Probably scores 120 now. Prick

Brad · 21/08/2016 at 12:10

Who is the best option to put the C on Rocky or Danger? If Gawn doesn't go large?

I N Pieman · 21/08/2016 at 12:25

In current form I'd go rocky

Brad · 21/08/2016 at 13:22

Thanks

Shags · 21/08/2016 at 13:37

Rocky for me

Mick · 21/08/2016 at 13:57

Same boat, but I'd go the danger man.

Jimmy Buckets · 21/08/2016 at 12:39

Gawn OR Danger Captain??

Hawks · 21/08/2016 at 12:55

Gawn….I've had the same choice, and gone Gawn

Richard · 21/08/2016 at 12:47

Gawn or Danger for C? Need to go big!!

Hawks · 21/08/2016 at 12:56

Gawn

Guy · 21/08/2016 at 12:56

I'm currently 84 points behind with Selwood dahlhouse and Boyd he has Bont and jj with Gawn as captain should I put the C on Gawn or roll the dice with danger or Selwood

Maestro · 21/08/2016 at 13:58

VC on Maxy which looks like a fail. C on Danger or Jelwood? Or Zorko?

Steeeve · 21/08/2016 at 14:19

Just quickly checking my opponent doesn't have Cripps. They do not. I can get back on with my Sunday.

He Man · 21/08/2016 at 14:38

Rockliff, Danger or Bont as (C)??

Clarky99 · 21/08/2016 at 14:50

Do you guys reckonRobinson will go to Jelwood? Contemplating trading him out for Bont as a POD move in my prelim but after being burned trading out Wells, im hesitant. Thoughts?

Tim · 21/08/2016 at 15:12

I hope so. Just benched Jelwood and put the Bont on field.

He Man · 21/08/2016 at 15:55

Rockliff captain fail. There goes my season. See you next year boys

Moustachio · 21/08/2016 at 15:57

If he gets a negative score and he's your C, do you get double negative deducted from your total D=

Don't Blush Baby · 21/08/2016 at 16:13

He's starting to pick it up now,go Rocky !

Brad · 21/08/2016 at 17:45

Went Danger after looking @ IN PIEMAN advice on the Cripps call in another post. Went the opposite after I saw Cripps score!

Derek · 21/08/2016 at 18:05

Motlop is a great seagul. Put him onfield instead of taking Dusty's score. Might just drag me over the line.

johnno2908 · 21/08/2016 at 18:12

Gonna struggle to hit 2400. How is everyone else travelling? I am 2320 with 2nd half from Merrett and Dahlhaus to come

Boltons BLues · 21/08/2016 at 18:26

on 2400 now, still have Boyd, Dahl and Zerrett, 6mins left in the 3rd

Don't Blush Baby · 21/08/2016 at 19:52

2495, just got home by 13 in my big cash league, special thanks to C – Pendles and the loop of S.Collins into Bartel

Don't Blush Baby · 21/08/2016 at 19:53

and Rocky for picking himself up after only having 10 at 1/4 time

poloko48 · 21/08/2016 at 20:00

Average round of 2203, got burnt by Buddy, Ward, Pittard, Dusty & Zorks. Also took Brand over Collins which lost me 23 points.
Had the C on Gawn (VC on Hanners which I didn't take) which was looking horrible at one point.
One round to go, am expecting to drop quite a few positions overall (currently ranked 12900) – there goes my hopes of inside 10K placing.

Shake n bake · 21/08/2016 at 20:04

Made 9 grand finals 2 trades left $180k in the kitty.
Good luck to all who made it thru to the big dance!

Don't Blush Baby · 21/08/2016 at 20:08

Well done mate,hows the overall looking ?

Shake n bake · 21/08/2016 at 20:51

Not sure after this week buddy Zorko Dahlhaus Lynch Martin my fwd line way under par! Was 150 might slip abit. Shout out to Cripps. I still got a pretty decent score thou to win 9 leagues.

Boltons BLues · 21/08/2016 at 20:50

2508, made the final in my cash league, $330 on the line next week
0 trades
lets get it!

johnno2908 · 21/08/2016 at 20:57

Great score well done.

Adsy · 21/08/2016 at 21:00

I scored 2326 so pretty average, but made about 75% of my GFs (Gibson, Buddy, a few others main letdowns. Bringing in Treloar this week helped a lot!)

In one league I drew with a bloke, but go through because I finished higher in the regular season. That's how it works, right?

Westy · 21/08/2016 at 21:30

What's a likely price for Menegola next year? Lock?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/08/2016 at 21:50

Yeah cats have a beauty there.
    Guy has fitted in seamlessly.

Be interesting to see what they price him at next year.

CaptKaos · 21/08/2016 at 22:32

Getting good minutes in the mid too

pod · 22/08/2016 at 09:07

The Cats need to lock him in for 5 years, time to offload the baggage, like Josh Caddy.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/08/2016 at 21:42

Well that's it knocked out look towards 2017.

Tale of the tape:
Bench: Collins, menegola, phillips.
On ground: gibson (made my never again list), shiel (figured against freo would kill it), zorko (in what planet does phillips outscore zorko after his score last week?)

So probably 150-200 points sitting on the bench that i couldn't use or loop.
Instead of 2350 would be over 2500 and be in GF next week.
Funny old game just one of those weeks where nothing worked, meh.

Its been fun,
Over and out.

The Master · 21/08/2016 at 21:47

pretty happy,scored 2506, made all my grandfinals and finally made it inside the top 500, now ranked 205 after climbing 558 spots this week. Best of luck to all that made their GFs. Thank for all the great advise throughout the season.

The Master · 21/08/2016 at 21:58

woops, not inside 500, only 558, I missread it. oh well still happy.

pod · 22/08/2016 at 09:11

Fantastic score and rank!! well done.

The Master · 22/08/2016 at 09:16

Thanks pod, I have read your advice many times.

CaptKaos · 21/08/2016 at 22:12

Its a funny game. After a lot of consideration, I burnt my last 2 trades this week to get Dahl in so I could put him on field instead of Petracca. Dahlhaus= 74pts. Petracca= 74pts. Oh well, at least I didn't do the crazy trade I was thinking about to bring Nic Nat in.

wombatsfc · 21/08/2016 at 23:55

When does pre-season start?

wombatsfc · 22/08/2016 at 00:05

Well I'm finished with the worst result I've ever had. I'm rather annoyed that not paying for HS online was a significant contributor to my gold coast like performance but, special mention must go to Gibson, Mitchell, Lycett and JBart for ensuring over the past few weeks that I didn't even make the GF in the numpties league.

pod · 22/08/2016 at 06:34

I officially have man crush's on the following players: Zach Merrett, Lachie Neale, Adam Treloar, and Sam Menegola. Welcome to my 2017 SC team.

Shake n bake · 22/08/2016 at 07:39

Mine is Cripps picked him up 5 weeks ago and has avg over 130 in those 5 weeks got me over the line in all but 1 league.

pod · 22/08/2016 at 09:04

No doubt Cripps is the man next season, could be anything

johnno2908 · 22/08/2016 at 08:23

Traded Lycett to Franklin his week. Cost me 52 points as I had Toby Greene on field. Can't predict NicNat doing a knee, but that 52 points would have me 7th overall instead of 13th. Oh well, live and learn and hopefully get inside the top 10

pod · 22/08/2016 at 09:09

Could be carnage this week johnno, do you have a trade or two left? Sloane could be out, and maybe a few others rested.

I N Pieman · 22/08/2016 at 09:33

Great season Johnno. It's only 3 places to make up to get some cash. As pod says there could be some carnage. Have you got any bullets left?

johnno2908 · 22/08/2016 at 09:45

1 bullet left. I can see North resting players, but surely the others have a lot to play for

Kev · 22/08/2016 at 08:26

Funny old game. Had 3 trades going into this weekend so I used two to strengthen up (brought in Dahl and Boyd for Wells and ZachW). If I didn't I'd be through to two more grand finals. Oh well.

In a top 8 gf after finishing 7th and a bottom 8 after finishing 15th