PatchCoachKingsLogo

Here we are, folks. Finals have arrived. And with it, absolute bloody carnage.

But that’s what this game is about. It takes those of us who can thrives in the fires of crisis and thrusts them onto a beautiful marble pedestal, far above the cesspit of scuffling and fighting in the mud below.

Apparently. You get a lot of these metaphors. While parallels to the trenches are uncanny, it’s more like a set of small, muddy mounds where everyone is shooting cold water and water balloons at each other instead of lead and shells.

It’s still miserable, but.

And some of us, like this humble reporter, are out of ammo. We’ve used all our water balloons, and our water pistols are running on empty.

So community, let the high stakes game of dodgeball begin.

BUT BEFORE WE DO – we’ve still got this CoachKings caper coming along in leaps and bounds and I’m so bloody proud. I’ll be down at the Vaulcuse Hotel in Richmond along with Jock, Higgo and Lek TONIGHT for Richmond vs Collingwood.

We’d be rapt if you game in, had a drink with us, played some CoachKings – and then maybe help with the search party for The Crouching One afterwards. Crouching old mate, if you’re reading this – come home, son. Although the silly twat’s probably blind drunk from sinking the nation’s rum reserves. And to be fair, if I were a Richmond supporter I’d probably join him.

THE NEWS

Tom Liberatore is gone for the season and needs to be gone from your sides. The magnificent, beautiful young stallion has run his race in our Supercoach sides for the year, and needs to be taken out to the back paddock. However, Matthew Boyd is back for the Dogs. Matthew Suckling is still out, as the notorious Suckling PiG’s Achilles is still not doing… whatever it is Achilles heels do. Crows ruckman Sam Jacobs hasn’t pulled up from his game against Essendon last week. The Big Sauce went down 10 minutes in, and the Crows will understandably take no chances with him. Hasn’t missed a game since 2012 so a huge blow to those who have him. Stef Martin is also still struggling to get up from his hip complaint and will miss this week’s game against the Crows, which leaves Archie Smith up against debutant Reilly O’Brien, who is replacing Jacobs.

Shattering for Stef owners, who have stuck with his putrid performances all year and now have to put up with his buggered hip. It’s bloody disappointing he hasn’t been able to get up for us in finals, especially after he won us so many in 2014. Any poor bastard with a massive POD ruck setup might be hit very, very hard this week, but may welcome the news Mason Cox is back for the Pies after Darcy Moore’s hamstring let him down last week. Jordan De Goey has also been dropped. The high-leaping Nic Naitanui is BACK. Those with Scott Lycett should have another week or so as Nic Nat works his way back into the swing of things, Dylan Shiel has had done something to his groin, which may or may not have been a result ofhis extensive screwing over thousands of Supercoach teams on weekly basis for most of the year. He should miss a week, but it’s still disappointing from the man dubbed #TheRealDealDylanShiel, which my attorney advices me is the most blatant case of false advertising since the film The Never Ending Story. Essendon’s resting policy over the past month of the season is warming up with Orazio Fantasia having a spell.

However, Woosha Worsfold has said he’ll be resting players like Zach Merrett, Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti, Darcy Parish David Zaharakis, Michael Hartley and Matty Dea over the coming weeks as Essendon ramp up their finals prepar… wait hold on.

IN BREAKING NEWS, TEAMS THAT WON’T MAKE FINALS AREN’T GIVING A STUFF ABOUT OUR FANTASY FINALS. Bastards.

Mitch McGovern and Scotty Thompson from the Crows is having a spell, which I fear Adelaide will continue to do the closer they get to ACTUALLY playing finals (you hear that, Woosha?). Sloane Ranger owners should be mildly worried.

Melbourne are to unveil another top 10 draft pick in Sam Weideman this weekend, but at the expense of Josh Wagner if anyone has him for cover.

Kane Lambert has been dropped from the Richmond side, Cyril Rioli and Tex Walker returns, Scott Selwood will play his first game for the Cats and Nick Malceski is out injured.

A word of warning as well… Sam Menegola from the Cats is in the bottom three emergencies for Sunday’s side against Essendon… double and triple check he is named before you trade him in this week!!

THE PATCH UP

The beautiful, magnificent podcast covered what to do with Tom Liberatore in depth, so I won’t cover him here, and Lekdog as always has done a majestical effort patching up around the grounds. However, our ruck lines have taken a pounding this week with Sauce Jacobs and Big Stef still out, and I’m going to have a slightly more in depth look at the ruck options if you need to trade.

I’d hold Jacobs if you’ve got cover, hold. If you don’t have cover, you need to assess how many trades you’ve got, and if you can win with a donut. If you can’t, HIT THAT T on Sauce. I’d look at ditching old mate Stefan Martin either way. . His hip’s obviously not right, and Brisbane have nothing to play for now they’re clear of the bottom. Besides, they will continue to play the impressive Archie Smith over the back end of the season in tandem with Martin when he returns.

And do we remember the last time Stefan shared rucking duties?

Picture1

Those are the four games Martin played alongside Trent West earlier in the year, and they make for sobering viewing. I don’t think Martin will play to this level, but I don’t think the resurgence we’ve seen over the past month will continue when he returns, and in the finals there can be absolutely no passengers.

So who do we bring in for him?

IN THE PREMIUM CORNER:

Obviously if you have the cash, Max Gawn is your man and then some. Genuinely surprised he hasn’t ripped someone open and feasted on their innards this season. Just pick him. Absolute jet.

If you want to punt on a returning Nic Naitanui, he’s at $521,000, some 60k more expensive than Martin. Take out his two injury affected games and he’s averaging over 114 and will be a huge POD in finals – I’d wager a large number of the 14,000 coaches that have him are your average punter who plays for half the season and forgets about the thing.

If you don’t have the cash to go that far up, Brodie Grundy is averaging 108 from his last three and is emerging as a very valid R2 option for next year, and with Richmond, the Doggies, the Hawks and the Suns to come doesn’t face a monster ruckman on the way home.

IN THE BARGAIN CORNER:

Homer

“Awww, I have three injured premiums and no money. Why can’t I have no injured premiums and three monies?”

If you’ve got absolutely no cash, you’re in a bit more of a pickle. Sam Naismith is at 270k and averaging 80, and bargain-basement Archie Smith scored a 96 on debut and should play every game from here on out. He won’t score that every week, but might hit a 75 average and give you mountains of cash if you need it, and if your plumbs are as large as Crouching Tiger’s pile of rum cans after a Richmond loss.

TRADING PLACES

Yet again, Barron von Crow’s rookie scouting report is the only place on the internet you should be looking for all the rookie news. Breakevens are no longer relevant to the large majority of Supercoachers, as there is no long term to plan for here, but if you need a cheapie, Barron is the best in the business and has you covered.

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

It’s a tough week with to pick captains with Zac Dawson suspended, but this week looks likely to pit one of Dustin Martin or Scott Pendlebury with the VC and Paddy Dangerfield as C. It’s the safe choice and should net you a 140 out of one of those three.

If you need something left field, I’m channelling my inner Barron von Crow and picking out some guys worth having a gander at. One of these blokes has the VC or the C on them this week for my side, and because I know they’ll look at The Panic Room for a hint as to who I’m picking for that crucial leg up (that’s right, Throttlefinger. I’m onto you, son.)

Dan The Man Hannebery: Averaging 112, playing Port at the Adelaide Oval. His last two against Port have been 91 and 142 (both last year), and his last two games at the Adelaide Oval have been 134 and 129, both against the Crows. Plays early Saturday arvo. Back in form after a 140 last week.

Heath Shaw: Wallopped the Suns for 143 last time they played, and a 126 in round 16 last year. Averaging 108 for the year, but only 86 in his last 5. Working his way back into form with a 129 last year, and my gut is liking this choice. The last time my gut liked Heath Shaw he scored 200.

Rory Sloane: mashed Essendon into a pulp last week with 141 and has Brisbane this week, which are only just a step above. Last week was only his 4th week above 130, mind you, but is averaging 109. With Scott Thompson having a rest he needs to do more work and can’t sit back and ride along. Some would be worried about the lack of Sauce, but Jacobs was being soundly beaten by Luenberger before he got injured a few minutes into the second, and the Sloane Ranger had no issue racking up the big numbers.

Sam Docherty: Also with only the 4 scores over 130, but playing on the wide expanses of the MCG, which he loves. Scored 141 against the Saints last time, and his last game on the Hallowed Turf of the MCG led to a 138 against the Eagles. I’m firmly in Lek’s camp – this kid can play and will be my first picked in defence next year.

That’s it for me, community! Best of luck to all of you as we saunter on bravely into finals season – except anyone I’m coming up against this week, of course!

As for me, I’ve got to knuckle down and prepare my CoachKings side for tonight because I’m bloody shocking. Get on down, have a drink and meet Jock, Higgo, Lek and myself. See you all at the Vaucluse Hotel in Richmond!

GET YOUR RICHMOND v COLLINGWOOD TEAM TOGETHER HERE

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 11:27

Jack Trengove killing it in the Bs, not even one of Melbourne's three emergencies?!? They want to get rid of him but why not play him and try to increase his value?
This is known as the John Butcher maneuver.

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 11:43

Agree with you, mate. Any Melbourne supporters around who might have a clue as to why he's in the twos?

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 12:48

I know a couple of people who played school footy with him. The Dees told him this year is his last chance with them. I'm thinking they figure it will be easier to cut/trade him if he can't get a game.

Westy · 05/08/2016 at 13:19

Wouldn't they want to show off what he can do and maximise his price if they're going to trade him

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 14:08

Exactly what I'd think, the Butcher maneuver lol.
          But it's also hard to cement a former captain in your best 22 then tell him he's not getting another contract.

Kev · 05/08/2016 at 13:43

What's he done to be on his last chance?

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 14:07

Just because he's had so long on the sidelines with his foot. It was a "we can't keep paying you if you can't get on the park" type deal.

Jackson · 05/08/2016 at 15:08

Few Melb supporters I know reckon they lack speed and unfortunately he's one of the slow ones

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 19:39

Yeah a bunch of foot fractures can do that

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 11:58

1 midfield position to fill. It's between Sloane & Kennedy . Who to pick? Sloane has an easy run home but worried he could be rested . Kennedy I know will play but have Parker & hanners, is that too many swans?

Cameron · 05/08/2016 at 12:05

Why would having 3 swans in your midfield be a problem anyway?

Derek · 05/08/2016 at 12:20

having 3 swan midfielders is getting a few to many eggs in one basket. as Cameron said, why is this a problem… it can be if swans have a bad day, you are then over exposed.

ie round 21 last year, cats had a very bad day against the pies.

i do love JPK, but i would be getting Sloane. This week alone he will be worth it.

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 12:31

Thanks Derek , like you I love him too & have had him the last 4/5 yrs . Appreciate your thoughts. Ps. I'm going Pendles into danger for me

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 12:23

Even though Kennedy has been in great form of late, I'm Just a bit worried he has more players who could stand up & pinch points off him as earlier in the year , as opposed to Sloane who has less competition for the points. Cheers Cameron , thoughts appreciated.

The Ranger · 05/08/2016 at 12:25

Flip a coin Mick!
    Derek raises a valid point re having three Swans and you flagged another valid point re Sloane getting a rest.

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 12:39

Thanks ranger for yr input, it's a tough choice @ this point. I'm playing for league win, will have 2 trades left after this trade, & fortunate enough to have the double chance. Good luck too all this w/ end & appreciate all yr thoughts.

Matt · 05/08/2016 at 12:48

Pretty simple.
    Which midfielder do you believe will score the most points over the next 4 rounds?

Get that midfielder.
    Don't worry about sharing points.
    What does your gut say?
    If you think JPK will be the highest scoring mid not in your team get him.

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 13:07

Still a close call

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:40

Personally would go Kennedy. Will play every game on the run home.

JB_Tank · 05/08/2016 at 15:55

I'm confused as to the constant talk of players being rested… there is a week off for everyone after Round 23. Resting prior to that could be detrimental, especially for top 4 sides that could have a further week off if they win the first final. Players want to be battle hardened going into finals, not find themselves suddenly shocked at the intensity because they've played twice in the 5 weeks prior. The case for resting players in finals bound teams makes no sense at all to me.

Locked and Loaded · 05/08/2016 at 19:02

JPK!! And i love Sloane but JPK is something else atm

Crowmagnon · 06/08/2016 at 14:06

There is no week off for teams playing in finals. Round 23 ends 28th august, finals start 2nd September.
      Teams WILL rest players.

guest · 06/08/2016 at 13:28

no way will sloane be rested. The crows are one of the teams chasing percentage right now as the top 4 position will come down to it, and they are tight with geelong.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/08/2016 at 12:08

Patch probably 1-2 zingers short of last week's patch up which was gold class but still good stuff.
Set the bar high with that one.

Another VC left field option who is shining brightly as I don't have pendles is the beard.
Warming to big maxy this is why.

Last 2 games against the Hawks Ave 116.
Last time they played Gawn had 50 hit outs for 115 SC points with only 8 disposals.
If Maxy gets around the ground more (his Avg disposal is 14) then that should give him a score of 130-140 which he is more than capable of.

With Oliver coming in gives maxy another option to palm down to and increase his SC output.

more I think about it the more it makes sense.
hawks rucks could be GAWN!

Matt · 05/08/2016 at 12:53

Pretty valid case.
    Needs consideration.

Derek · 05/08/2016 at 12:55

i like the option. i had VC on Max last week, he was about 80 at half time but only ended up with just over 100. I think he went forward and didn't see the ball in the third quarter.

The two hawks bigmen are playing well, and are spending alot of time at full forward, max will be dragged into defence a fair bit which might be a good thing

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:42

Have had a massive week so it is undoubtedly below last week's efforts. I looked at Gawn, but there's just something about the MCG. I like your logic, but my gut just isn't sold, especially after his effort last week.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/08/2016 at 15:49

after such a big week enjoy a cold one tonight at the pub.

Dan · 05/08/2016 at 12:09

How bout Gawn as VC? Got to pick someone before the GC game as my loop plays for them. Dusty's de% is killing him if was to have 70% tonight could go huge…

I N Pieman · 05/08/2016 at 14:10

I've got Gawn on a the shortlist. Need someone that can go uber huge

oliver · 05/08/2016 at 12:24

4 trades left and a full side this week for once. Forward line is still a weak spot, so going to put Wingard on the pine as an emergency and play Hall, then if Wingard spuds it up trade Hall to Dahlhaus.

Derek · 05/08/2016 at 12:56

good plan

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 14:10

Winged will have a tough go of it against the Swans. But then he has Melbourne, Adelaide (he plays well in Showdowns) and finally Gold Coast.

oliver · 05/08/2016 at 18:41

Hoping he can put together some decent scores in upcoming weeks. Even some consistency would be nice, also have Montagna and Greene who both seem to yoyo a lot with scoring.

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:42

Love your thinking Ollie

liam · 05/08/2016 at 12:35

Great article! Look forward to it each Friday.

Good a dilemma, Need to get rid of Steffy Martin…. (Have 510k)
?
Do I Go Martin>Goldstein or Martin>Grundy

Or any other ruck options! (have gawn)

Kev · 05/08/2016 at 13:46

If you're in an elimination final Grundy is a nice pod

Matt · 05/08/2016 at 12:46

Pretty simple.
Who do you believe will score the most points over the next 4 rounds?

Get that Ruckman.

Andrew · 05/08/2016 at 12:46

Not sure on a VC option this week
Dusty, Pendles, Parker, Hanners or Shaw?
I currently have it on Shaw at the moment

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 13:05

Pendles for me Andrew as I've always considered him to be 2nd most reliable sc scorer to Ablett . But Fyfe did take over for a short time .

Tim · 05/08/2016 at 13:03

In a qualifying final this week with 1 trade left. Play Petracca and hope to get the week off next week and have a trade for prelim or trade Deledio and have 0 trades left? Cheers.

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 13:16

Depends on yr cover ? Play Petracca . In my opinion he's been serviceable & keep the trade for your do or die match in the coming weeks.

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:43

In a qualifying I'd hold this week, Tim

Riley · 05/08/2016 at 13:04

need some help here i have stef
is goldy still injured?
Back in goldy or punt with nic nat?

Tagger · 05/08/2016 at 13:25

same dilemma

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 15:07

I would be going NICNAT

Goldy is carrying a injury, he has been carrying it for quite a wile now.

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:44

You'd almost be better off trying to get Naismith in the forward line to cover both of them Riley old mate, but if you're gonna trade Nic Nat is where my money is this week.

Hawks · 05/08/2016 at 13:08

Appreciate the communities thoughts.

I have a full premo team, only slight worry is Josh Kennedy (WCE), but I have no active bench.

I have 4 trades remaining, and finished 5th in my money league. Only $15k cash

Do I sit tight (no trades), and hope to win this week, in what should be a close match-up, and should injuries occur in the SC finals, trade premo to premo

or

Trade 1-2 bench players to rookie active players, with the view to spending my 2nd last trade getting Dahlhaus next week to loophole either forward or mid, thus not gambling so much of Josh Kennedy's output.

Appreciate you thoughts, I'm favoring holding tight at this stage.

Mick · 05/08/2016 at 13:24

I'd sit tight for this week at least, as he's against freo & see if he hits form. I've got him too , but a chance to go big. HOPE!

Derek · 05/08/2016 at 13:26

JJK will do ok this week

Tagger · 05/08/2016 at 13:16

Naismith and Merrett/Betts/Dahlhouse

or

Goldstein and Naismith (Fwd)

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:48

The first, Tagger

Danno · 05/08/2016 at 13:26

Daniel Rich or Jason Johannisen for D6? Only got 415k

Clarky99 · 05/08/2016 at 13:58

You/re not actually considering Rich are you? Has zero ability to handle a tag.
    Definitely go JJ.

I N Pieman · 05/08/2016 at 13:58

I'd go JJ

pod · 05/08/2016 at 13:59

Oh, and now Rich is being considered D6.. where am I ?

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:48

JJ, Danno

Andrew · 05/08/2016 at 13:35

Worth trading Tmitch for hannes?

Clarky99 · 05/08/2016 at 13:59

Only if you have more than 3 trades left.

Tony · 05/08/2016 at 13:36

Hi Patch. What's your thoughts on my forward line mate. Martin, Zorko, Buddy, Greene, Wells, Josh Kennedy Montagna and Markov. Can't loophole as all playing – so who do think I should have on the bench apart from Markov? Also I'm putting VC on Sloane into Danger

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:52

Well I reckon you can give one of them to me! On recent form I'd go JJK.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 05/08/2016 at 13:45

Can you dpp with your mids?
Do u have a weak link there u can put on the bench?

I N Pieman · 05/08/2016 at 13:53

Running out of superlatives for ya Patch. Bang up job my man. Why can't I play someone this week that has Stef or Sauce. Buugger

Nervous Coach · 05/08/2016 at 14:09

Quality work again Patch. Need to get rid of Libba – who would you recommend out of Dalhous, Bartel, Clay Smith, Motlop, Wines or any other option. I'm holding Jacobs as I have Naismith as cover. If Naismith doesn't do the job then I will trade Jacobs. If he doesn't should I trade Trengrove or Phillips (Coll) to have bench coverage in the mid field.
VC – Pendles, Sloane or Gawn.

Thoughts!!!

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:53

Reckon the Dahl will deliver the goods for you Nervous, although you could do far worse than Motlop. Like your thinking in the rucks, Naismith more than holding his own there

Nervous Coach · 05/08/2016 at 16:41

Thanks Patch. Worried about Motlop's consistency and if he will be rested particularly if the Cats are safe in the top 4 although very tempting as same price as Libba. Thoughts on VC and trading Trengrove/Phillips if I don't have to trade Jacobs.

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 16:44

Dahl over Motlop mate.

II'd hold on Trengrove/Phillips until you need the cover to save the trade

NorthMelb · 05/08/2016 at 14:14

For libba who would be best out of Mundy, Ebert and Bartel

pod · 05/08/2016 at 14:30

Mundy if Sandilands back

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:53

Mundy

Gogzsta · 05/08/2016 at 14:34

Best D6 option for $393,800 less??

Clarky99 · 05/08/2016 at 14:40

Brodie Smith is your only genuine option for that price. Even then, i would not be happy putting him on field, more as a D7 loophole player.

Gogzsta · 05/08/2016 at 14:47

I'm pretty well stacked everywhere else, this is my only non-premo player. I can't even do some creative accounting to get the war chest up a bit. I was looking at Touhy but that will give me 3 Blue-baggers in defence. With the blues having St Kilda, Brisbane, Melbourne and Essendon in the run home, my fear is the lack of supply to him… Smith annoys me, I originally had him to start with and he just didn't cut it.
      Thoughts on Nathan Krakeour…? :-/ Scraping the bottom of the barrel now!!

Gogzsta · 05/08/2016 at 14:49

….or I could just hold Oscar McDonald and hope he over-indexes for the next month like he did last week….?

Slatsy · 05/08/2016 at 18:22

Shane savage is capable and saints have a pretty easy run barring sydney next week

hedski · 05/08/2016 at 14:38

Big decision community.
I'm in 2 $ leagues, the smaller one I'm top 4 so double chance but the bigger one is elimination.
Have Hall and Sucklingpig on the pine, looks like Rug might not get a gig so will have to play Collins and Petracca but that leaves me no mid cover.
Only one trade left so thinking Hall to Dahl as I reckon Suckers will be back before Hall, that way I can swing Trac into mids as cover.
Have to decide by tonight because I have to swing Phillips (pies).
Any wisdoms welcome cheers.

I N Pieman · 05/08/2016 at 15:09

Personally I think you leave your last bullet to someone done & dusted & no chance of returning. But it is quite a conundrum

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:55

If you want the cash you've got to go for it – I'd pull the trigger myself

hedski · 05/08/2016 at 18:46

Thinking that. I could loop petracca in fwds and if he spuds bring in Dahl and if he goes good hold fire but bit suss on no mid cover.
      Bugger it all in.

Buddy Love · 05/08/2016 at 14:43

I don't know what Tom Philips needs to do to get a game in the 1's, mind you he's been in hospital with leather poisoning the last few weeks.

I N Pieman · 05/08/2016 at 15:02

He's in the bed next to Trenrgrove

DJE972 · 05/08/2016 at 14:59

Issue community.
Have big Stef in my side and Naismith for cover.
Do I –
a) Trade big Stef to Gawn/Nic Nat type and leave Naismith in fwd/ruc bench; or
b) Keep Stef in the hope he returns, play Naismith as Goldy's partner in the ruc and trade in Dalhouse for Collins via DPP to swing into Fwd line?
I'm leaning towards B…

DJE972 · 05/08/2016 at 15:00

Oh, and 1 trade remaining…after this trade will be zilch

Kev · 05/08/2016 at 15:30

Hold him. Naismith is no slouch.

Though with one trade left I'd hold it to cover any season ending injuries.

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:55

Keep Stef – I'd go plan B if you've got Naismith

OzSonic · 05/08/2016 at 15:00

Have Libba and Sauce with 3 trades and $78, 500

Option 1. Trade Libba to someone like Dahlhaus, Ebert or Motlop. (My order of preference) Sauce covered by Lycett in Fwd Line
Option 2. Downgrade Libba to rookie, trade Sauce to Gawn leaving $216K to spend on one trade.
Option 3 . Advice. I've been going back and forward on this so many times.

I did finish 3rd so have the double chance but would prefer to have a week off than play another final.

Kev · 05/08/2016 at 15:22

Option 1.

Libba gone for sc season. Sauce is a luxury trade that you don't need to do

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:57

Libba out. If you've got cover for Sauce, hold.

luke · 05/08/2016 at 15:26

laird or boyd?

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 15:56

Laird for mine

red · 05/08/2016 at 15:44

Libba & Lids to Hanners & Motlop

Davo · 05/08/2016 at 18:01

Nice trades but expect ups and downs with Motlop. He's a decent choice imo

tom · 05/08/2016 at 15:46

Brodie Grundy and Gunston for Stef Martin and Libba
or

Gawn and Touk Miller/Ebert for Stef Martin and Libba?

Davo · 05/08/2016 at 17:59

Tough. Can you afford anyone better?

Would almost be tempted to get the best forward possible and some cover like naismith until stef is back if money is that tight

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 15:48

This is my current Midfield:

Danger, Pendles, Hanners, Parker, Ward, Steven, Wines, Libber

I want to trade Libba and can afford any midfielder, my query is, for those like myself who have Hanners & Parker would it be worth bringing in JPK or would you suggest another midfield?

I like Selwood but I am scared something chronic that he will be rested and with 3 Sunday games it makes it almost impossible for changes IF it happened.

I'm thinking either Sloane, JPK, Selwood. Any others to consider?

Your thoughts and advice is SERIOUSLY appreciated.

Derek · 05/08/2016 at 17:48

ie round 21 last year, cats had a very bad day against the pies.

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 18:17

Cheers mate, yeah I think 3 of the top midfielders in the one team can be a problem although he is pumping out decent scores regardless. I think I will stick with my first choice Sloan.

Davo · 05/08/2016 at 17:55

Selwood is a great choice and finishes well. Dont think he will be rested given cats run for the top 4.

Jpk is performing very well and that wont change no matter who you have in your team. Very good option too.

Both great choices but think jpk by a nose

Don't Blush Baby · 05/08/2016 at 16:00

Heaps of C & VC options with a good spread of the usual players that get used , too many actually :

At this stage I'm going – Sloane into Danger, but may change Danger to Priddis against Freo, dunno

Davo · 05/08/2016 at 17:53

Danger into priddis is smart choice if you have a non-playing bench player on Sunday

Maxy Gawn · 05/08/2016 at 16:08

Bartel and Treloar or JJ and someone under 570k (Sloane, Neale, Ward, Bont)?

Stavros · 05/08/2016 at 16:15

Bartel and Treloar…..cats nice run home and Treloar is a gun!

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 16:45

Agree with Starvos Maxy!

Leeds17 · 05/08/2016 at 19:37

I'd be pretty tempted to go Tay Adams over Treloar.

Tony · 05/08/2016 at 16:13

Hi Patch. With Jacobs not playing do you think will have any effect on Sloan's sc scoring??

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 16:46

Jacobs went down 10 minutes into the second quarter last week and it didn't stop him swarming to 140. If the Crows were up against Sandi or Geelong it would, but not against Archie Smith

osei3619 · 05/08/2016 at 16:22

Curnow or Cotchin???

thänks guŷs

Patch · 05/08/2016 at 16:47

Reckon Cotchin, Osei!

John · 05/08/2016 at 16:58

Vc on pendles or JPK?

pod · 05/08/2016 at 17:38

I'd slap it on Pendles John

Davo · 05/08/2016 at 17:50

Jpk as a pod who is performing at top level lately

Jules · 05/08/2016 at 17:03

Do I play Dahlhaus on field or Naismith

John · 05/08/2016 at 17:17

Loophole them

Davo · 05/08/2016 at 17:49

Dahlhaus! ! He's named on the ball too. 100+ is likely

Jules · 05/08/2016 at 19:16

Can't loophole unfortunately both my donuts play tonight

Ross · 05/08/2016 at 17:12

5 Trades left – 129k. Grimley has been named on the Interchange. Do i take a punt and just play him and have some cover for S Martin.
Was going to go Deledio – Naismith, but maybe I can use two trades somewhere else. Looking for last minute options. What would you do?
Def: Shaw, Mcveigh, Bartel, Laird, Simpson, Rich (S Collins, O McDonald)
Mid: Danger, Pendles, Ward, Hanners, Rockliff, Gray, Priddis, S THOMPSON (J Smith, Trengove, HALL)
Ruck: Gawn, S MARTIN (Grimley)
Fwd: D Martin, Wells, Montagna, Zorko, Petracca, Tippa (DELEDIO, T Phillips)

Davo · 05/08/2016 at 17:48

As mentioned elsewhere, s martin may be out for more than one week. Depends on your needs but it might be time to trade him

Pete · 05/08/2016 at 19:23

with 5 trades left why are you asking this mate, just TRADE Martin PERIOD.

One Touch Wonder · 05/08/2016 at 19:56

Martin to DogDog. SHARK MOVE

Shake n bake · 05/08/2016 at 17:38

Why oh why is Grimley named!!!!

johnno2908 · 05/08/2016 at 17:48

Makes loopholing harder

Shake n bake · 05/08/2016 at 18:03

Especially for me can't have Sloane vc danger capt and as my fwd loophole!

Juzzy · 05/08/2016 at 18:08

Lol 🙂
    Yep. He has sat on my bench the whole year without getting a run at it. No cover, no cash generation. Now when he is desperately needed as a loophole he buggers that up too.
    Kinda funny ..

Richie Porte · 05/08/2016 at 17:39

Mundy or Treloar fellas

Dangermouse · 05/08/2016 at 17:58

Dahlaus or Zorko… The extra coin doesn't matter for last spot in fwd line.

Dangermouse · 05/08/2016 at 18:01

Need to trade tonight cos it's lids out…

pod · 05/08/2016 at 18:20

Dahl looked good early v cats, maybe needed a run, ready to go all game

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 23:48

get zorko Mate, much more consistent. Dont even think about the trade.

Trev F · 05/08/2016 at 18:11

Trade in Motlop and Merret or Motlop and Dahlause

pod · 05/08/2016 at 18:23

Motlop Dahl

johnno2908 · 05/08/2016 at 18:27

Dahlhaus. Merrett a very good chance to be rested for "tiredness". Doggies lots of injuries should see Dahlhaus score well.

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 19:12

The two "M's" No brainer.

Pete · 05/08/2016 at 19:16

During the finals can we trade players in and out just as we have all season, or do the trades have to be done prior to the first game of the round starting?

johnno2908 · 05/08/2016 at 18:42

Petracca or Lycett on ground? Cannot loophole because Grimley is named this week…

Locked and Loaded · 05/08/2016 at 19:08

Petracca… Nic Nat back will share ruck load and Petracca is a gun even if he is playing the Hawks

Tony · 05/08/2016 at 19:02

Thoughts on who I should make captain in my draft league Dusty Buddy Parker or Gawn. Please help

Adsy · 05/08/2016 at 19:05

League win only.
Double chance (finished second)
4 trades left.
Thinking Menegola for Libba then I can get rid of Lids for nearly anyone mid or fwd via DPP. (Dustin Martin up forward or possibly JPK, Sloane etc in the mids)
Thoughts? Should I double side-grade instead (Libba to Ebert, Motlop, I.Smith & Lids to Rioli, Riewoldt, Greene, Westhoff etc)

Tommo09 · 05/08/2016 at 19:16

Does anyone else play Perfect 9?
I sometimes forget it because I am focusing on Classic
I love it, so fun
Like last years prizes though

CoachDamo · 05/08/2016 at 19:20

Thinking Pendlebury as VC, but tempted to throw it on Max Gawn instead. Who's everyone else going with?

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 19:25

Dusty as VC as he will score MASSIVE tonight, I can feel it in my scrotum and that's rarely wrong.

Moustachio · 06/08/2016 at 12:07

How did the scrote pull up mate, bit sore?

Nervous Coach · 05/08/2016 at 19:26

I have gone Peddles as VC also but thinking about switching to Sloane.

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 21:55

Pendles as VC tonight I dont like, he wont score over 85. lol

Andy · 05/08/2016 at 19:29

Heater VC to Danger C if that stuffs up, am liking Max though

Top hawk · 05/08/2016 at 19:47

Pendlebury VC tonight for me. It's SC finals footy, and superstars tend to fire to fit the occasion!

CoachDamo · 06/08/2016 at 17:54

Didn't go Max – my opponent did! Dammit!

Trixymills · 05/08/2016 at 19:27

Got 4 trades left do I burn two to get docherty and have McVeigh as a loop hole emergency or stick with McVeigh on ground and save trades. Only worried about league not overall .

billo · 07/08/2016 at 05:15

Save 'em mate.

One Touch Wonder · 05/08/2016 at 19:57

SMartin to DogDog. SHARK MOVE.

terry · 06/08/2016 at 09:30

not really a shark move if the person you are trading out is injured or not playing. Its more a ''common sense" move.

Moustachio · 06/08/2016 at 12:06

Sharks can have common sense too :p

hedski · 05/08/2016 at 20:16

Righto fellas I've fired my last shot.
Hall to Dahl, in a must win so it's all or nothing.
Final team is.

Shaw Doch Simmo (Rug)
Gibbo Laird Collins (Suckpig)

Danger Jelwood Priddis (Petracca)
Parker Gray Treloar (Trengove)
Bont Ward (Jansen)

Goldy Gawn (Loersch)

Dusty Zorko Dahl (Phillips)
Montagna Chad Zerret (Skinner)

VC'd Treloar into Danger/Jelwood.
Good luck in the finals everyone (not DontBlushBaby playing you in league of losers).
DangrsDanglBerries will prevail!!!
Ahh glug glug.

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 20:58

Pendles VC 10 possie first quarter, TWO posse second.
Lift you good thing!

That said I'm projected to win my league games. We all know that means very little. But one thing it does mean is I can afford to stick with Danger C. Let my opponents take the risks.

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 22:59

Dead in the water in the last.

Collingwood Fan · 05/08/2016 at 21:00

Disgusted that Pies are going to keep Buckley next year! He is an absolute shit Coach and waste's his players talents like Pendles! I cant wait til he's gone, have to wait another torturous year! Bucks you suck and I hate you and cant wait til you are gone sincerely a Pies fan!

Nervous Coach · 05/08/2016 at 21:12

Agree with you 100 per cent. Last time I checked the game was called Football. If he wants a team that handballs all time he should be in Rio. Pendles should in the guts all the time. Bucks does not understand that his game plan does not work as it is too high risk. Hope the second half is better but Bucks should be under the same scrutiny as Hardwick.

Collingwood Fan · 05/08/2016 at 21:20

Bucks should have been fired last year! I hate him! I fcking literally hate him!

PiesRCrap · 05/08/2016 at 22:57

Buckley will be coaching the Pies for longer then Sheedy coached Essendon because Fatty Eddie is in LOVE with Bucks.

As soon as they asked a legend like Malthouse to step down as assistant coach, I am just glad it couldn't of happened to a better team. Also loved how Malthouse handles it, he told them to Pi$$ off and rightly so as far as I'm concerned.

Carma is a BIT**, ya should have treated Malthouse better Collingwood.

Big fact hunt · 06/08/2016 at 10:53

Buckley no 1 coach in the afl in my eyes. As long as he is there, pies will never win a premiership which is gold to me as a blues supporter. Go pies win just enough to keep him for next 10years. Go eddy to.

Collingwood Fan · 05/08/2016 at 21:36

Wish Buckley got killed by his kid and not Walshy would have been justified! FCK Buckley I hope you get killed in a car crash on ur way home tonight you piece of sh*it! FCK YOU! EAT SH*T AND ROT IN HELL!!!

Boydo · 05/08/2016 at 22:06

You sir should be banned from the Internet, phones, tablets, computers and any other form of communication

Collingwood Fan · 05/08/2016 at 22:15

FCK YOU ! I HOPE SOMEONE KILLS YOU TOO AND BUCKLEY!

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 22:10

This comment has to go holy moly

Don't Blush Baby · 05/08/2016 at 22:43

Loved watching Eddie squirming in his private box

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 22:47

It's people like this who spit in your face while at the footy coz they cannot handle reality. Get over it Shittinwood Fan or Splinter Arse.

It's the entire Collingwood side that needs to GO due to their deplorable fans.

Blues · 06/08/2016 at 09:37

I feel sorry for you. This is a really sick way of getting attention. Jock give him a chance to apologise. If he doesn't find out who it is and blacklist him.

Clarky99 · 06/08/2016 at 13:25

Shut up you tool. I am also a pies supporter but he doesn't deserve the shit you are saying mate. If ya don't like him, you can voice your opinion about it but you are going way too far. Pull ya head in mate.

Dave2008 · 07/08/2016 at 07:36

Jock for the integrity of this awesome site you have to ban that moron. He is against everything we stand for here as a community. And this is coming from a Pies man who wonders sometimes what is Buckley doing but Mick cost us any chance of the 2011 premiership with his terrible coaching on game day. And we have been smashed with injuries since 2010. Player error cost the win against Richmond who came to play but we gave them so many goals. Disgusting comment Collingwood Fan may we never read your ISIS like comments again on this great site

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 21:54

In Menengola going to be dropped for all of Geelongs inclusions?

poloko48 · 05/08/2016 at 21:56

Pendles has gone straight down the tunnel, left ankle issue.

johnno2908 · 05/08/2016 at 22:09

Pendles putting a spanner in the works of the SC season! Not a great start to the week considering my opponent does not have him.

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 22:12

Same here. But in the unlikely event he's out for the year it could actually be okay for me because I still have four trades. Plenty will be stuck with him.

johnno2908 · 05/08/2016 at 22:21

Yeah, also got 4 trades. Was going to go ruggles down to non playing rookie to free up some cash. Now not so certain.

One Touch Wonder · 05/08/2016 at 22:31

It didn't look to bad

Don't Blush Baby · 05/08/2016 at 22:51

Everyone has him in there team, its the coaches without trades are the ones that should be worrying the most if he misses weeks

Rocksta · 05/08/2016 at 22:55

Everyone apart from my opponent this week!
            Had a good year, kept trades for finals, made top 4, then Shiel out on Thursday night and Pendles injured and only scores 82. I've lost this week and the round has only just begun.
            I simply cannot crack this game. SC gods get me every year!

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 23:31

My opponent didn't have him either, puts me at a disadvantage early…

Rocksta · 05/08/2016 at 22:59

Didn't look too bad? He hopped off the bench after the final siren…………couldn't put weight on his injured ankle!
          He's cooked for the season I reckon………..and with only 2 trades left, so am I!

Tim · 05/08/2016 at 22:17

HOULI!!!!!!!! That's why I stuck by you all those weeks you were out. Actually Collins, Tucker and Adams is why I stuck by you all those weeks you were out but still thank you for tonight

Moustachio · 06/08/2016 at 12:04

How many points do you think it cost you keeping Houli on the pine ^^

Tim · 06/08/2016 at 12:46

Good point. However I'm going for a league win and still finished top 4 (was 3 games clear 5th by the end of the byes). And I was able to field a full backline the full time so it wasn't a massive issue. More luck than anything.

Clarky99 · 06/08/2016 at 13:30

You are the most patient man i have see for a long time. I was almost happy he got injured to give me a reason to get rid of him. Kudos to you for keeping a non playing player for that amount of time, but you would have lost a hell of a lot of points for it though.

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 22:41

Pendles done for the season it seems, shit now I have to reassess my trades for the season, think I might hold the Libba trade and play Dunkley as my M8 – I only have $412k left, and 3 trades. Then bring in Dahalahus for Libba next week.h

He Man · 05/08/2016 at 22:42

Do we take Martin's 123 or go Dangerfield Captain?

poloko48 · 05/08/2016 at 22:49

I'm taking the points, knowing my luck Danger will do a Pendles if I don't….

Don't Blush Baby · 05/08/2016 at 22:58

Sloane,Danger,Priddis – 1 or all should go 140 , which one though ?

SCaddict · 05/08/2016 at 23:23

Would see how you're tracking in your main league and then decide Saturday night. If you have a slight lead then Danger is probably the % play. If not you could always take a chance on Pridda or Sloanedog which should be less popular options compared to Danger. Also depends on what your opponent appears to be doing with their VC/C.

You could also just double Dusty's 123 if you have a very healthy lead and force your opponent to try and pull a captain rabbit out of their hat.

Liam · 05/08/2016 at 22:45

Gawn or Sloane captain after Pendles failed me.

pod · 06/08/2016 at 09:59

anyone else besides those two? Gawn v Hawks and Sloane v Robinson

Nervous Coach · 06/08/2016 at 13:41

Sloane for me -just

Derek · 05/08/2016 at 23:16

I brought Rance in this week. I still have BSmith & Rich at D6 & D7.

Lions and Crows play each other this week, can't loophole, so who plays?

Steeeve · 05/08/2016 at 23:29

Rich is in form and the Crows don't have a good tagger. But jeez you'll be sweating picking him…

SCaddict · 05/08/2016 at 23:38

Think you have to go with the form guy in Rich and hope he doesn't cop a super hard tag. Smith has really shown nothing all season with just 2 tons. The ball should be in the Lions back half a helluva lot too.

This assumes that all other things are equal. Nuances in your league situations may mean the Smith is the preferred option but generally speaking I'd go Rich but would make sure you're wearing your lucky jocks Saturday night. 🙂

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 08:28

I'd say rich to. But with zero confidence

pod · 06/08/2016 at 09:47

I'm with Pieman, its like choosing between a fresh turd and a crusty turd

Derek · 06/08/2016 at 10:55

I started the year with them both, it's my own fault. The Carlton boys won't keep it up, they will crash, don't get them…….sigh

Derek · 06/08/2016 at 10:48

I'll give Rich the jersey. Current form deserves it

I have Wingard and Motlop at F6 & F7, I can loophole those two

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 23:46

3 trades was initially going to paint the fence with Mathison to Menegola the Libba to Sloane or Sellwood. However now that Pendles is injured im thinking whether I should still do that and then use my last trade on Pendles if he is out for over 2 weeks?

Or do I not trade this week and play Dunkley as M8?

PLEASE advice greatly appreciated.

Dean · 05/08/2016 at 23:52

Sorry forgot to mention if I just trade Libba i only have $412k if only I had $422k id get Dahlhaus but I can't unless i wait another week. Bloody tough call, im top 4 in all my leagues.

I'm so confused, I have NEVER been this confused playing SC in the past few years.

HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 09:22

You've got a double chance dean. Hold as best you can & reasses the damage next week. Doesn't look good for Pendles

Derek · 06/08/2016 at 10:52

Only 3 trades you should hold. Wait for next week and get Dalhaus. All is good. Breath…..

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 08:30

Plums are out & going Libba to Scully! Hope it works out

Don't Blush Baby · 06/08/2016 at 08:34

yes ballsy, but i like it

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 08:52

Cheers DBB. Has been consistent

Derek · 06/08/2016 at 10:50

seems a very safe pick. Is that all you can afford? Do you have Dalhaus?

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 14:06

He's the best in the budget Derek. Hope he continues his good form

Clarky99 · 06/08/2016 at 19:15

Tonned up, not too bad.

SCaddict · 06/08/2016 at 12:29

Niiiiice POD!

Plums will indeed be bright orange this arvo. He should tear up the Suns you'd think.

james · 06/08/2016 at 10:42

take dusty's 123 or go with JPK or Danger

Cameron · 06/08/2016 at 12:29

Take it

pod · 06/08/2016 at 12:35

I'm up against stronger opponent in 1 v 4 match in one of my leagues, which option do you prefer? My opponent doesn't have Buddy, Neale or Sloane. Sloane will probably get Robinson tag. How big can Buddy go against depleted Power Def? I like Neale on Sunday as a safety net for below ave. from Danger (last meet v Bombers 99 points) I'd appreciate any insight or thoughts, cheers.
1. Buddy VC & Danger C
2. Sloane VC & Danger C
3. Danger VC & Neale C

pod · 06/08/2016 at 12:58

forget #3. can't be done.. i'm going #1.

Nervous Coach · 06/08/2016 at 13:46

Who should I have on the field in D8 out of Yeo, KK or Collins. Unfortunately, can't loophole any one as they are all playing.

hedski · 06/08/2016 at 15:09

I'd give the yoyo a crack out of those 3.

Kev · 06/08/2016 at 15:45

Here come the injuries! Pendles last night, Buddy iced up, Gibbo sore ankle, Hodge sore groin

SCaddict · 06/08/2016 at 16:12

Gray seemed a little hindered too with just the 7 touches today.

Steeeve · 06/08/2016 at 19:05

How bad did Gibson look?

Dave2008 · 06/08/2016 at 15:56

My question is do you think Dalihaus can score about as much as Sloane this Rd?

I am in a tight contest in my league q final and one of the gun mids that he has is Sloane.
4 trades 59 k so
Dalihaus or any mid 442 or 480K and uner for Libba or Yeo 1 trade

Sloane for Libba and Yeo for Mengola 2 trades 200k

Locked and Loaded · 06/08/2016 at 16:16

Brad Crouch? How much is he?

Dave2008 · 06/08/2016 at 16:46

Yep he works. So it's whether it's worth the risk with him v Sloane this week. With bloody Gawn the thorn in my side (who I couldn't afford because of multiple injury holes this year )going huge and McDonald coupled with another insipid performance from never to be picked again Birchall I may need max points from this trade

Dean · 06/08/2016 at 17:42

Dont get B Crouch if your hoping to get a player to score similar to Sloane coz it wont happen.

Go Libba to Dahlhaus and again I doubt he will score as high as Sloan.

Locked and Loaded · 07/08/2016 at 22:10

Dean, hate to say I was right… Hope you went with Crouch Dave

Dave2008 · 09/08/2016 at 16:33

Yep good call but would not have got me home and better to lose and save two trades than use them as well

Dean · 06/08/2016 at 16:16

If Hanners is your VC, wound you take his 130?

Or roll the dice with Danger?

Derek · 06/08/2016 at 17:30

Take it

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 18:03

You have to take a 136

Joe · 06/08/2016 at 16:17

I have 3 trades left, and with Naismith getting an average score, I'm considering trading Stef now to NicNat to hope for a huge one (my main opponent has Goldy). I also have Gray and Gibbo who aren't doing great as well. Thoughts community?

Dean · 06/08/2016 at 16:43

If u have Pendleburry hold and dont trade.

Nervous Coach · 06/08/2016 at 16:24

Do I take Naismith's score of 71 or do I trade Jacobs to Goldy.

Dean · 06/08/2016 at 17:37

take it

Nervous Coach · 06/08/2016 at 18:08

Thanks Dean. My opponent has Goldy and if he produces a Gawn like score I could be in trouble given that I am in an elimination final.

Tommo09 · 06/08/2016 at 16:31

I love you Max Gawn!!!

Dave2008 · 06/08/2016 at 16:48

Can't stand him as I had so many injuries had to go a cheaper option .

SCaddict · 06/08/2016 at 16:54

Yep thank you VCery much Big Maxy!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/08/2016 at 17:15

You magnificent bearded beast.
GAWN GET SOME.
Called it early, VC hanging around his neck.
Happy days.
Makes up for the port boys.

john · 07/08/2016 at 11:57

Did not have a non playing player late enough in the round to let me do the Bearded on VC. Absolutely spewing!

Richard · 06/08/2016 at 17:32

Well done everyone who had VC or C on big Max

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 17:41

I had the C on a non playing player at 3/4 time

SCaddict · 06/08/2016 at 17:58

Actually hoping Danger kind of bogs his jocks now ha ha. So many coaches will be hoping that he bails them out tomorrow in crunch finals. We can sleep easy tonight with Maximus's 336 in the bag.

Nifty · 06/08/2016 at 20:15

Sickening Addict.. Had the V on Max, but then looked & all bench had played….

SCaddict · 06/08/2016 at 21:45

I had a similar mishap last week so I know that sinking feeling Nifty. Thankfully 'Linc the Stink' was out again with yet another injury niggle this week to allow me to loop the beard.

I'm sure Danger will deliver another satisfying C score tomorrow although I will only be crying crocodile tears if he doesn't. 🙂

Derek · 06/08/2016 at 17:37

Gray, Pendles, Wingard, Buddy… The weekend hasn't started the way I was hoping

I N Pieman · 06/08/2016 at 18:01

Some lame performances out there Derek

Derek · 06/08/2016 at 18:04

……… Hawthorn.

Shake n bake · 06/08/2016 at 18:56

Should be close

Liam · 06/08/2016 at 17:51

Anyone know how long Pendles is going to be out for ?

Matt · 06/08/2016 at 18:10

Season

Steeeve · 06/08/2016 at 19:05

Confirmed??

CoachDamo · 06/08/2016 at 18:40

Does anyone know if Stefan Martin is done for the season or back next week?

League match up is tight – I can take Naismith's 73 or trade Martin to Goldy (to negate my opponent). Not sure what to do!

Neverweaken · 06/08/2016 at 18:42

Stuffed up my VC loophole and have Sloane VC into Danger. But have no non players left to swap. So who to captain. Sloane or danger

Steeeve · 06/08/2016 at 19:06

If expecting to win your league match, Danger. Let your opponent take the risk. If you're behind, take the punt.

Nervous Coach · 06/08/2016 at 18:54

I have the same dilemma except I have Jacobs instead. My opponent has Goldy also. You would think Goldy would score more than Naismith. If you have the double chance then I would hold but if not (like me) then I would trade.

Clarky99 · 06/08/2016 at 19:11

Very happy with the Stef to Mummy trade. Got rewarded with a 120. Should i take Greene's ton or punt with Motlop? I just have a feeling Motlop might tear the Bombers up.

Ethan · 06/08/2016 at 20:16

Went stef to Mummy as well, absolutely rapt with the big man's performance

johnno2908 · 06/08/2016 at 21:22

Surely take the 100? Unless your head to head dictates otherwise.

john · 07/08/2016 at 11:55

105 in the bank versus a maybe…. hmm I know which one I would be taking but it would also depend on your position in your finals. Do you need a miracle to beat your opponent? if so take a punt on Motlop. If not bird in the hand.

roger · 06/08/2016 at 21:29

NORTH MELBOURNES SEASON
GOING ONCE, GOING TWICE, GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PRETENDERS
AFTER BEATING NON 2 TOP 8 TEAMS THEY HAVE BEEN FOUND OUT AGAIN..JUST A TERRIBLE TEAM OF FRONT RUNNERS

wombatsfc · 07/08/2016 at 00:15

C'mon Jim calm down. You wont lose your job just because you bought a few dud used cars. The only other Kanga in the media has a record of assaulting women on multiple occasions, assaulting police, drug addiction and betraying team leaders. For as long as you're not a bigger oxygen thief than that [email protected] your job as the premier roo in the media is safe…. until Boomer learns to spell.

SCaddict · 06/08/2016 at 21:53

Hopefully no one had to field Clay Smith this week. A huge stain in the undies with the unfortunate concussion in the 1st qtr.

MY TWO CENTS · 06/08/2016 at 22:35

I was looping smith and petrecca.
    As petrecca only scored 60 put Smith on the ground.
    Sometimes this game plain sux.

FlyingHawkAssassin · 06/08/2016 at 22:15

Captain on Docherty or Priddis to try to win against my opponent who has danger as captain

Connor · 06/08/2016 at 22:45

Someone tell me how M. Boyd scores higher than R. Laird

Leeds17 · 06/08/2016 at 22:56

Laird had 25 Handballs majority of them uncontested

Moustachio · 07/08/2016 at 01:39

CD value not being able to get away from your opponent and so unnecessarily contesting the ball, over running into clear space so that your team can actually move forward without making turnovers.

Leeds17 · 06/08/2016 at 22:54

Liked Crows SC finals draw and went with Sloane and Lynch last week, was feeling a bit sick about Lynch after his 70odd but repaid me this week.

SCaddict · 06/08/2016 at 23:07

Yes SC finals draws can often give you handy advantage. I loaded up with Swans (Hanners, Parks, JPK, Titch) and Cats mids (Danger, Jelwood) looking for a similar edge in the finals. Working out so far with 481 from my 4 Swans.

If only bloody Brad Crouch played like he is now at the start of the season before most of us traded his arse out. One of the many trades I no longer possess. 🙁

Boltons BLues · 07/08/2016 at 00:08

Alright lads, ive got 2 decent games going on, 1 closer then the other let me here your thoughts

(my players on the left, his on the right)

League 1 – (pretty much bragging rights, no money

Montanga vs Motlop
Merrett vs Bartel
Cripps vs Mundy
Neale and Priddas vs 124 point lead

I should win that, winner gets the week off

League 2 – $300 for the eventual winner

Cripps vs Gibbs
Neale vs Bartel
Priddas vs Jelwood
im 7 points in front, same amount of players left, thats a close one, winner also gets the week off

How am i looking? Captain picks are the same right now, league 2 has Rockcliff VC, could take that 120, but doubt it

john · 07/08/2016 at 11:53

in game two.

Cripps and Gibbs is a toss of the coin
    Neale should smash Bartel on recent numbers
    Priddis v Jelwood should be close but I have a funny feeling Essendon will play Jelwood into form and a 150+ score. They need %.

going to be a very close one for you.

wombatsfc · 07/08/2016 at 00:28

Ya got me again Lek! Libba to Ebert what a great move you forgot to mention that he's the tagger at Port arrrgh. I further compounded the situation by doing like you said and traded Brodie Smith to Heath Shaw and, as if that wasn't enough your love from a couple of weeks back kept on giving and Clay Smith also paid off, for my opponent

Blue · 07/08/2016 at 10:22

I feel for you.
    I was thinking of getting Ebert and Smith too.

oliver · 07/08/2016 at 00:37

90 point lead, Simpson and Steven up against Docherty, Merrett and Priddis. Think i might just get pipped, but could be a close one.

oliver · 07/08/2016 at 11:50

also my opponent and i both have Danger as captain, would it be worth the risk putting the C on Steven? Probably leaning against it at this moment, but he does have the capability of going huge (or spudding it up).

neil · 07/08/2016 at 01:24

Hawks look gone.close wins early should have rang a bell.Demon s made them look poor.Gawn magnificent forget it Derek youre not getting him you've got Fitzpatrick do your magic with him cheers neil demonsdelight

Derek · 07/08/2016 at 10:42

I'm hoping this is their wake up call.

The Hawks biggest plus is playing finals at the MCG, especially against interstate teams. Next week is now a vital game, but still confident will get top spot.

dave2008 · 07/08/2016 at 07:42

Is it worth using two trades to bring in Selwood to try to win my QF in my league game for Yeo. I am up by 219 with Yeo and Monty left and he has Simpson Doc Priddis Collins Z Merret . I am thinking hold my 4 trades as it would be far worse losing and using 2 trades.

Richard · 07/08/2016 at 07:57

I would hold your trades.If you go under you have another chance.The odds are looking against you winning this week.I also have 4 trades left for the possibility of injuries and late outs

dave2008 · 07/08/2016 at 08:15

yep good call i was going to trade sloane in for libba and yeo with menegola but even that might not have got me thru

Tommo09 · 07/08/2016 at 08:01

16 (C)/1869 with Danger, Priddis, Doch, Simpson, Neale, Riewoldt to come
Below par I assume

Richard · 07/08/2016 at 08:07

Surely you will get 2500 + this round.I would have thought 2300-2400 would be par.All depends on Danger i reckon.Did you have VC on Gawn ?

Tommo09 · 07/08/2016 at 08:52

Yep
      Opponent has Danger C
      That makes me worry

johnno2908 · 07/08/2016 at 08:58

Lots of poor scores this week from the Port and Hawthorn boys. Chuck in Heath Shaw, Pendles etc into that mix and i think you are going alright. In saying that, there are some big scores from popular players as well, so im thinking par will be around 2400. As Richard says, a lot depends on Danger today, assuming there will be quite a few relying on him to pump out a good captains score.

john · 07/08/2016 at 11:48

I am about 100 behind you but have danger as captain along with Bartel, kerridge, priddis, selwood and monty to go. Assuming Danger has a 120 odd I suspect we will finish up around the same on 2500ish

Zoomer · 07/08/2016 at 08:23

Do I take Sloane's 137 or take a punt on Danger for C. In main league opponent has C on Danger. I am only projected to win by 40. I have Jelwood to play Opponent has Cripps Kerridge Enright and Neale so could be close

Northernsoul74 · 07/08/2016 at 08:35

Take it, great captains score.

hedski · 07/08/2016 at 09:59

Jeez community spot of bother, both cash leagues.
1. (Non elimination)
My Joey + Priddis vs his Menegola + 114 points.

2. (Elimination)
My Simmo Joey Zerret Priddis Collins vs his Hickey Bartel + 298 points.

We all have the captain planted on Danger.
Guess I'm gonna have to see how the first game pans out and maybe take a chance on Jelwood or Priddis as captain….aaarrgh.

Richard · 07/08/2016 at 12:01

You should be ok with No.1 You would hope Collins has a decent score 80-90.I would stay with Danger as C and ride your luck with the others.

Nicholas · 07/08/2016 at 11:28

Priddis or Docherty as captain community?
Need one of them to score big and danger to have a week game to win my league match

john · 07/08/2016 at 11:39