Big Carl CoachKings Community

It was a round of milestones, Community. Our fearless leader Jock Reynolds was present to proudly watch Boomer Harvey break the overall AFL games record on Saturday night.

Although 427 matches is a commendable effort, Harvey still has a fair way to go if he wants to break Jock’s famous senior matches mark, which sits at a staggering 927 appearances.

It is believed to be a world record and boy will it take some beating.

Other milestones to occur in the AFL on the weekend included Corey Enright breaking the games record for Geelong, while Jimmy Bartel clocked up 300 matches and Freo legend Matthew Pavlich reach the 350-game mark.

Unfortunately only the Geelong pair are fantasy relevant, and they both produced very solid scores against the Dogs. Speaking of the Dogs, those poor bastards took another hit with Libba going down injured after a prolific first quarter.

In other SuperCoach news, Danger and Pendles smashed it again this week (no surprise) while other stand out performers for Round 19 included David Mundy, Alex Rance, Dan Hannebery and Rory Sloane.

Next week we hit the finals in our leagues and the competition really starts heating up. Good luck to everyone who has been good enough to earn a position in the top eight.

Gary Wilkinson hit the Noble Park Football Social Club on Friday night. And I bet he’s glad he did. He belted out a ripping 1167 which stood up across the whole weekend as the highest round score. $1000 for Gazza thank you very much.

CoachKings Noble Park Football Social Club

The Heroes

David Mundy (152 SC)

After enjoying a stellar 2015, Mundy has struggled to find his feet this season. Injury, form and the absence of Nat Fyfe have not helped his cause. But he showed how good he can be with a beast-like display against Sydney, despite his side getting comprehensively outplayed. Had it 44 times at 75 per cent efficiency.  A very appealing POD in the midfield for finals.

Patrick Dangerfield (144 SC)

Is putting together one of the greatest individual SuperCoach seasons seen since the great Gary Ablett was at his peak. Getting sick of writing about his brilliance, to be honest. Danger is currently averaging 133, with only the Little Master registering a higher average in a season (on three different occasions, mind you) in the history of SuperCoach.

Scott Pendlebury (140 SC)

Many who did not VC Danger on Friday night got out of jail thanks to a supreme performance from Pendlebury. The Rolls Royce of SuperCoach is as smooth as they come and has registered just two scores under 100 this season. He is the epitome of consistency.

Honourable mentions:
Stevie J (149 SC), Jamie MacMillan (143 SC), Rory Sloane (141 SC), Josh P Kennedy (137 SC), Robbie Gray (134 SC), Eddie Betts (133 SC), Jackson Trengove (132 SC) John Butcher (132 SC), Jack Watts (131 SC), Heath Shaw (129 SC), Rory Laird (129 SC).

The Villains

Marcus Bontempelli (79 SC)

Tagged by Guthrie, The Bont failed to replicate his excellent late-season form on Friday night. Still had bursts of brilliance, but was unable to sustain it all match. A rare poor game in an otherwise brilliant back half of the season.

Jeremy Howe (58 SC)

Just his second score under 85 since Round 6. Howe has been impressive this season playing off of half back, and has been very consistent after a slow start. Clocked up five tons in row in the middle of the year, but has only raised the bat once in his past seven matches.

Josh Gibson (52 SC)

Hawthorn are a champion side and have plenty of great players. One thing they don’t have is individuals. Blokes go out of their way to be unselfish in this outfit and this may be the reason why we haven’t seen many standout SuperCoach options from them this season. Gibson is a prime example of this. Has had his good games, but does not have to go out of his way to put up consistent SuperCoach numbers, provided his side continues to win.

Honourable mentions:
Tom Rockliff (82 SC), Trent Cotchin (78 SC), Jack Viney (65 SC), Dane Rampe (60 SC), Jasper Pittard (54 SC).

The Redeemers

Alex Rance (145 SC)

Had been down in recent weeks after a good start to the season, averaging just 88 since Round 5 with only two tons in that time. But had a ripper on Saturday, despite the fact his side got absolutely killed. Won his position, took plenty of contested marks and had 24 touches. Not bad for a key defender.

Dan Hannebery (144 SC)

Back to his best. Was everywhere against the Dockers, playing on the inside and outside, getting hard-ball gets, providing plenty of run and setting up multiple goals. Had it 41 times in a dominant display.

Todd Goldstein (118 SC)

There’s no doubt by Goldy’s lofty standards, he has been a little flat the past month or so. But he looks to be working back into some nice form if Friday night’s outing is anything to go by. Let’s just pray North don’t rest him in the coming weeks.

Honourable mentions:
Daniel Rich (115 SC), Grant Birchell (115 SC), Leigh Montagna (101 SC), Chad Wingard (100 SC), Mark Blicavs (97 SC).

The Prodigies

Archie Smith (96 SC)

Another appealing ruck bench option. For those of you that don’t have Naismith and still have trades up your sleeve, this bloke is your man. With Brissy in the doldrums, there is no reason why Leppa won’t give him more opportunities for the rest of the season, perhaps playing in tandem with Martin. Was highly impressive in his debut match, and was arguably his team’s best player.

Sam Menegola (77 SC)

On the bubble this week and a tasty prospect for those looking to paint the fence – going one down, one up to obtain another premo. Looks to be the best midfield rookie option we have seen in quite some time this season. Mature-age players often seem to have the ability to adapt to AFL level quicker. With scores of 97 and 77 in his first two matches, is set for a serious price rise.

Rupert Wills (85 SC)

Don’t know a whole lot about this bloke. Played an outside role in his debut AFL match, gathering  17 touches at 70 per cent. A solid first outing.

Honourable mentions:
Sam Naismith (105 SC).

The Damned

Tom Liberatore (72 SC)

Was on fire before copping an ankle injury in the second quarter. Expected to be out for several weeks. If you still have him on your books, time to give him the chop. Lukey Dahlhaus at $440-odd grand could be a neat straight swap.

Sam Jacobs (21 SC)

Another to cop an ankle injury, leaving him in serious doubt for next week. Usually highly durable, Jacobs owners are now faced with a tough dilemma – hold or trade. The number of weeks he is ruled out for, plus trades left and ruck bench cover will be defining facts in this decision.

Nick Malceski (50 SC)

Remember when this guy was the highest-scoring defender in SuperCoach a couple of years ago? Looks a shadow of his former self.

Honourable mentions:
Brodie Smith (70 SC), David Zaharakis (41 SC).

That’s the weekend that was. What’s on your radar as we have a look at Round 20?

Rick Grimes · 01/08/2016 at 09:48

Scored 2370 (with Stef's donut) and still dropped a 1000+ places. It's definitely the pointy end of the season.

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 10:09

Know the feeling Rick. Scored 2428 & almost dropped out of the top 1k. Need to make the final trades count

Leppa is dumb · 01/08/2016 at 14:40

2331 with stefs doughnut ://

James · 01/08/2016 at 17:57

Somehow managed 2,493 with Stef's 0, won one of my league games by 2 thanks to Sloanie.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:10

i scored 2,456 and only went up 241 spots

very difficult time of year

jezzahill · 01/08/2016 at 10:02

Pumped out a 2604 with Matt Boyd on the sidelines this week. Torn with what to do in regards to trades with 3 left, possibly one up/one down this week to upgrade a premo to an uber premo. Maybe Shiel to Selwood? Geelong have a great run home with Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane and Melbourne in their last four.

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 10:12

I wouldn't trade in Selwood now. They might rest him in that run. They said at the start of the season Selwood would be rested at some point. Hasn't happened yet

jezzahill · 01/08/2016 at 10:14

It's certainly a bit of gamble, but given all teams have a week off after Round 23 I'm hoping there will be less of that this season!

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 10:20

I have selwood so I'm hoping that's the case. With 3 trades left I think you should use them for injuries or suspensions. I have 4 but I need to dispose of Libba & Lids this week

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 10:15

Thanks Libba for your probable season ending injury. And leaving us with 382k to play with. TURD. Banned for life list. How can you score with that haircut anyway

halfachance · 01/08/2016 at 11:09

bit harsh mate, the kid is an animal!

SCaddict · 01/08/2016 at 12:42

A lot of these Rd1 bargain buys like Libba, Barlow, Wells, Zacka and Hall have burnt us at the end of the day.

It was good whilst the premo output lasted but I guess nothing lasts forever.

tuxCS · 01/08/2016 at 13:31

I disagree with the part regarding Wells, sure he's missed a couple of games, but hes only scored under 90 on three occasions this season, thats a pretty good return for a starting price of 243k

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 14:20

Awesome value at 243 with DPP. Hopefully O'Meara can fill that void next season

Bells E Bubb · 01/08/2016 at 21:20

The only thing he’s going to fill is the orthopedic surgeon’s schedule.
          I can’t believe Melbourne clubs are looking at him.
          Put a fork in him, he’s done.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:14

Wells was a good pick if you traded him out when he maxed out in $$$
        thats what i did

anything else makes him a bad pick

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:11

theres a lesson here
      but 95% of us will do it all again next year!

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:11

haha the pain is real
    i traded him out during his bye, much to the disgust of my workmates now

Shake n bake · 01/08/2016 at 10:51

Ranked 170 have 5 trades left I'm thinking Davis to Hannebery
That would leave me with Cripps at M9 other trade will most likely
be any surprises that fall come Thursday night. How does everyone
else look like coming into the first week of finals??

The Ranger · 01/08/2016 at 11:26

Davis to Hannebery is a great trade and Cripps at M9 could be a nice POD.
    I climbed into the top 1K for the first time on the back of 2518.
    Got 3 trades and only 6K.
    Should be ok in my leagues this week so I'm thinking I might trade Keays down to Menegola to raise some cash so that I can make the last two trades count.

Shake n bake · 01/08/2016 at 11:40

I have Patracca & Naismith on the pine in my fwd line so if no big outs this week will most likely upgarde Patracca to another premo also have nearly 300k in the kitty.

The Ranger · 01/08/2016 at 11:56

Wow! Trades AND cash! Nicely done mate.

Dean · 01/08/2016 at 22:53

S&B awesome mate, do you have Cripps?

Shake n bake · 02/08/2016 at 08:58

Yep brought in Cripps for Libba! What a week to do it hey!

jezzahill · 01/08/2016 at 13:08

You're incredibly well placed Shake! Smart buy getting Hanners now, not going to be this cheap again.

Danners · 01/08/2016 at 22:30

Good trade, but if you want to make a move up the rank, maybe go a POD like JPK. You have cover if he goes bad one week

Steeeve · 01/08/2016 at 11:25

Wines to Sloane my trade for this week. Will leave me with 4.

bUCKET__ · 01/08/2016 at 12:38

Any possibility to get the Vino to M9? I was hoping to move him on too, but now I'm not sure the upgrade will be worth the points vs the cost of a trade.

Steeeve · 01/08/2016 at 13:23

I have lots of cash bit sadly my mid bench is worth nothing (thanks Jack Trengove).
      So my best bet is Wines to Sloane and Trengove to Dahlhaus. This will give me cover across all lines except ruck with three trades in the kicker.

Dean · 01/08/2016 at 23:05

Steeeve I like Dahlhaus however if you can afford Cripps bring him in, Carlton have played Adelaide, West Coast, Swans and Hawks and he has scored 102, 103, 137 & 118 and his next 4 games are against Saints, Lions, Melbourne and Essendon he will score massive and be a better choice then even Hanners in my opinion and a great POD

Good Luck mate.

Steeeve · 03/08/2016 at 18:37

Hadn't considered Crisps, could be a good pod. Sloane also has a good run home…

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:24

bad trade

Steeeve · 03/08/2016 at 18:37

Respectfully disagree. I have five left and lots of money. Wines has tough games coming up whereas Sloane will cruise home.

Daz · 01/08/2016 at 11:37

Went 99th to 91st this week, thought might go backwards with 2496, so pretty happy, had boyd, lids and hall on the side line hoping for 2/3 of those guys to come back and jacobs only 1 weeks out. Could of shot up the rankings if it wasn't for jacobs 20 odd. Still really trying to sit tight with 3 trades as decent coverage in greene, naismith and collins but getting itchy fingers.

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 11:55

Nice rank Daz. Hope you can stay in the top 100. Unlucky with Sauce. Usually very durable. At least you have cover

jockreynolds · 01/08/2016 at 11:56

Great work Dazzling! What are you doing this week trade-wise mate.. using one of the 3?

Daz · 01/08/2016 at 14:58

Will look at Dahl maybe for cox and swing Naismith into the ruck while sauce recovers, (was my POD vs goldy n had averaged more since I picked him up rd 15 until this week!) n we can only hope with lids n hall, but once/if they are back I'll have 8 premos (counting Greene and hall) in fwd line that I can swing mid. Will be listening to the casting of the Pod for some hot tips!

jockreynolds · 01/08/2016 at 15:48

Great stuff Daz.. mate.. even better. Hows about you email me your team and we'll debate what we'd do in the pod tomorrow? [email protected]

Clarky99 · 01/08/2016 at 11:49

Wanting to Bring Dahl in this week. who do i trade out Greene, Joey or just hold?

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 11:57

Unless you have plenty of trades then trading out warm bodies can really burn you. Dahl still has a 160 BE. If you had Lids like I do then Lids to Dahl is probably a good trade. And generates some cash to get rid of Libba

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:24

hold, pointless sideways trade

johnny_z · 01/08/2016 at 12:47

Need some help community! 3 trades left ranked 90th.. Not sure if I go for 10th or leagues..

Thinking Jansen to mengola and Menadue to Dahlhaus or should I hold…

Danger Pendles Hanners Sloane Rockliff Parker Ward gray- Jansen greenwood trengrove

Martin Zorko Merret Montagna wingard Franklin- Menadue phillips

jezzahill · 01/08/2016 at 13:08

How far back on points are you from 10th? Reckon that gap dictates which path you take.

johnny_z · 01/08/2016 at 13:31

350 points so have a slight sniff…

Lachy · 01/08/2016 at 13:36

thats pretty tough, all about getting the right captaincy I'd say. Placing top 100 is a solid effort so I'd probably try to solidify that.

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 15:33

I'd think most people in the top 100 have less than 3 trades. So that's your most powerful POD. Personally I'd replace blokes as they fall over in the next few weeks. Other teams without trades won't be able to. Many will be replacing Libba & Lids this week with what they have left

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:25

good trade

AEx · 01/08/2016 at 13:23

Hold Jeremy Howe or trade to Gunston (will lose fwd/def swing)

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 15:33

Hold him

Danners · 01/08/2016 at 22:28

Swing is crucial so HOLD

micky · 01/08/2016 at 14:20

Community, what to do with libba?
I only have 80k in the bank, im thinkin out of of dalhouse, duncan or scully?
Any ideas community

Clarky99 · 01/08/2016 at 14:29

if you can wait a week, go Dahl next week, may even get under 400k. Otherwise bring him in this week.

zilla · 01/08/2016 at 14:45

Hopefully they rest Danger and give those peeps who dont have him a chance in the next game!

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 15:34

Doubt it. He wants to win the brownlow

Tommo09 · 01/08/2016 at 15:06

Bang bang
Petracca and Hall to Merrett and Dahlhaus
One trade left
Have cover in mids, fwds and def

D: Docherty, Simpson, Laird, Shaw, JJ, Savage (Collins, Austin)
M: Danger, Pendles, Rockliff, Priddis, Hanners, Parker, Neale, Ward (Trengove, Phillips, MacP)
R: Gawn, Gomdy (Grimley)
F: Martin, Merrett, Wells, Zorko, Roo, Buddy (Dahl, Long)

Ranked 3700
This is my first year playing competitively for rank and not too bad considering I usually come about 90 000th

Up against The Phantom in my league this week in top 4 and really want a win

Thanks for all your help this year community

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 15:39

Nice break out season Tommo. I'd be a little apprehensive about bringing Zerrett in after what woosha said today about the list being rested over the remaining games. But if your desparate for the W & you think it can get you over the line then go for it

Tommo09 · 01/08/2016 at 15:41

Oh I didn't see that
      Who else do you suggest?

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 15:54

Montagna could be an option. Tigers & Lions in the prelim & grannie

Tommo09 · 01/08/2016 at 16:02

$143k left after that with one trade

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 16:15

For what it's worth I don't trade warm bodies when I'm under 10 trades. Tends to bite you on the ass. I'd get rid of Hall & hold petrecca

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 15:57

You are second mate! Massive chance. Raj is ineligible for running 3 teams. The HS confirmed it last week

shemmistwarehouse · 01/08/2016 at 16:02

well thats exciting! could be 90 points clear if i didnt stuff up a captains loophole which cost me 100 points

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 16:13

Like your selection of Enright. That old man might fill your pockets. Good luck Shem

shemmistwarehouse · 01/08/2016 at 16:27

picked him up when he was cheap near the start, really suprised more people weren't talking about him

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 16:42

Risk reward Shem. That move has paid the table

jockreynolds · 01/08/2016 at 16:06

FANTASTIC Shem!!!!!!!!!! That's brilliant mate!

shemmistwarehouse · 01/08/2016 at 16:11

cheers jock couldn't have got here without you and the boys mate!

jockreynolds · 01/08/2016 at 16:14

you're a good egg. Very best of luck! Any questions you'd like us to kick around in the pod?

shemmistwarehouse · 01/08/2016 at 16:19

if boyd isn't named this week, would you trade him for a simpson or a bartel?

Dean · 01/08/2016 at 23:22

Shem if Boyd isn't named mate bring in Simpson over Bartel for a couple of reasons mate. Firstly Simpson is currently 3rd best defender however realistically Simpson is the #1 defender because Docherty has played 18 games and scored 1984 SC points, Shaw has also played 18 games and scored 1958 SC points, however Simpson has only played 17 games and scored 1909 SC points, so if you add his average of 106 to his total points it puts him on 2015 SC points because he has played one game less then Docherty & Shaw.

The other reason I would select Simpson over Bartel is because I would be shit scared of Bartel being rested during Geelong's easy run home.

Good luck mate.

Moustachio · 02/08/2016 at 11:07

Bartel has had his scheduled rest already.

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:22

I think carlton's finishing games are Too easy! as a defender, Simpson has done well this year because Carlton have had the ball in their own defence alot

Moustachio · 02/08/2016 at 11:13

Depends on trades left, if I had say 3 and was not making any other trades on Friday afternoon, I'd prolly do it.

Simpson = everyone else has, so if you get him too you lock them behind you

Bartel = a bit more of a pod

The Ranger · 01/08/2016 at 16:10

Wow! Nice one Shem! Bloody good luck, we'll all be rooting for ya!

shemmistwarehouse · 01/08/2016 at 16:12

cheers ranger!

Rocksta · 01/08/2016 at 16:29

Good Luck Shem.
      Magnificent effort getting yourself into this position to begin with.

Westy · 02/08/2016 at 08:19

Go Shem.

micky · 01/08/2016 at 16:10

which one for libba, dalhouse, scully, duncan
dalhouse- worried about reinjuring his injury
scully- POD and good run home
duncan- Pod and very good run home with bombers, tigers, lions and demons
any ideas community

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 16:20

Of the blokes in my price range I'm probably going scully. Reasonably consistent around the ton mark most weeks. Rarely blows the roof off the joint but a solid pick & a POD

Leeds17 · 02/08/2016 at 06:11

I jumped off Duncan last week so he's bound to go huge soon.

micky · 01/08/2016 at 16:12

thoughts on seb ross?

Danners · 01/08/2016 at 22:21

An ok option for the price if that is your max.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:29

yea
    dont get him

red · 01/08/2016 at 16:19

Libba to Motlop
Bang!!

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 16:30

To go with his 6 tonnes he also has 6 scores under 60 this season. You'll be shi#ing your pants when he runs out

Derek · 01/08/2016 at 17:32

i hate the guy, but he is my F7 and has been ok last few weeks.

SCaddict · 01/08/2016 at 19:09

Hey Derek your cunning plan to bring in Dawson as a killer POD for the SC Finals has been met with catastrophe this evening as I regret to inform you that he's been rubbed out by the MRP for 3!

So I'm afraid you will now need to explore other avenues for a backline upgrade this weekend.

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:12

if i have a trade left going into the last round i'd bring him in, just as a sign of respect to the great man. Not looking likely that i'll have a trade left.

SCaddict · 01/08/2016 at 18:33

The Mop burnt me huge when I traded him in late last season. Cats do have a super soft remaining draw so surely even he can cash in on the Dons and Lions in particular.

But geez I'd hate to have my plums exposed in the SC Finals with him on my field as he may just squish them Pops Kelly style. 🙂

Dean · 01/08/2016 at 23:28

I have had Motlop since day one, DONT do it mate the guy is way to inconsistent, I actually benched him this week and had the Emergency on him because had he of scored another shit 50 odd, I would have then traded COX to Naismith but because Motlop scored 108 I didn't bother trading in Naismith.

Bring in Dahahlaus if you can afford him, he in way better and more consistent then Motlop

Clarky99 · 02/08/2016 at 09:14

Only bring him in at F7. I brought him in last week for that very reason. He has a nice ceiling so good to loophole. I could not trust him on field though, way too up and down.

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:10

F7 is where he should be. He filled in for delidio last week, but if he did poor i would have traded Delidio as cats played before tigers.

I brought him in a few weeks ago simply because of the cats easy run home, Motlop loves to score well against the easy teams.

Jman1415 · 01/08/2016 at 16:23

Need a hand guys. Need to trade Libba with only 1 trade left and 19k in the bank. Wait one round and hope Dahl drops below 400k or swap now for Ebert or Armitage just in case Dahl doesn't go below 400?

Jakob · 02/08/2016 at 10:04

dahl will drop, breakeven of 160

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:31

your going to have to hold for 1 week
    Armitage would be a good POD and just hope that he actually gets a decent score

tom · 01/08/2016 at 16:31

2520 with Stef Martin Donut!

Young_Guns · 01/08/2016 at 17:00

who was your bench?…….top effort though

tom · 01/08/2016 at 17:05

Had Wyatt

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:31

what a wasted score , could have done heaps better
    cannot believe you dont have a back up ruck

Maximus · 01/08/2016 at 16:34

Trading Lids this week.
Either Buddy or Dahlhaus.
What do you think community?

jezzahill · 02/08/2016 at 10:59

Leaning towards Dahlhaus purely for the fact he's going to see a lot of midfield time with the Doggies' injuries.

Rigarmortis · 01/08/2016 at 16:38

I have an ordinary side and just made the eight.
Who to play in order please.
Collins WB, McGovern Ade or Petracca?

Young_Guns · 01/08/2016 at 16:59

Petracca, McGovern Collins…..However McGovern easy run home, Pyke loves him

Rigarmortis · 01/08/2016 at 17:09

Yes, thanks Young guns. I thought McGovern would be dropped after his previous game. Big call but he could be in the Gunston mould in a couple of years.

Derek · 01/08/2016 at 21:17

Tex likely back this week

Sunshine Crows · 01/08/2016 at 16:43

People seem to be asking about who to play, so, who out of Collins, Fremantle or KK, Gold Coast Suns.
I have 2 trades which I want to keep for an emergency or two and $50K but I can't buy anyone decent in my defence for $400K.

Young_Guns · 01/08/2016 at 16:52

Hi fellas (aka Wayno's voice!)

Any ideas guys on twerking……i mean tweaking this side boys?
Rich & Hanners have been dicing with death the last month, but someone (late out) always throws a trade spanner in the works. They are now safe, locked and reloaded
Cant really paint the fence at this stage, looking for POD….any suggestions, gladly welcomed

Ps Last 3 trades: Boyd to Enright – Hall & Petracca to Z.Merrett & Clarke

B: SHAW – BARTEL – ENRIGHT – RICH – LAIRD – SIMPSON – Collins,Tucker
M: DANGER – PRIDDIS – HANNERS – PARKER – SHIEL – NEALE – BONTS – SHUEY – Young,Clarke,Phillips
R: GAWN – MARTIN – Nankervis
F: DUSTY – WELLS – GREENE – LYNCH – ZORKO – Z.MERRETT – McGovern jr, Rose

2 trades left $118,800 sitting 678th

Kev · 01/08/2016 at 17:28

Unless there's Thursday night carnage,I'd sit on my trades this week

johnno2908 · 01/08/2016 at 17:21

Good work shemm, following with interest!

shemmistwarehouse · 01/08/2016 at 17:36

where are you placed now johnno?

johnno2908 · 01/08/2016 at 18:48

18th. 2534 on the weekend somehow moved me up 2 spots, albeit by 1 point haha. Just hoping to sneak into top 10 and get some cash. Still holding 4 trades

shemmistwarehouse · 02/08/2016 at 07:11

you're pretty well placed with 4 trades who knows you be able to go further!

johnno2908 · 01/08/2016 at 17:26

4 trades left only $3k in the bank and ranked 18th overall. If by some miracle Petracca outscores Dahlhaus by 48 points thjs week it will be a straight swap. Or do i push hard and use 2 trades this week to get an extra premo and definitely have the cash for dahlhaus next week.
Alternatively, do a Steven Bradbury and hope everyone falls over at the finish line?

Moustachio · 02/08/2016 at 11:21

I would burn one trade to make some cash, as you won't be able to do 4 good sideways trades with little cash. Then just sit back and go bang as needed. Dahl is likely ~400k after next week if you want to save more cash.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:33

Menegola IN
    cash up

Greg · 01/08/2016 at 17:38

How likely is Boyd to play this week community?

I N Pieman · 01/08/2016 at 18:30

Heard Bob Murphy say on radio over the weekend he will be back this week

Pauly Walnuts · 01/08/2016 at 19:56

Will also get some time in the Mid

jezzahill · 02/08/2016 at 11:01

Reckon he'll be back this week. Dogs play North this week so they need their best players out there.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:34

highly likely

Rocksta · 01/08/2016 at 18:00

Trade Boyd or Bartell in for Smith or K.K?

SCaddict · 01/08/2016 at 18:17

I'd probably go Bartel who doesn't appear to be carrying any significant niggles. Hopefully Boydy's achilles tendinitis isn't too bad and he can play this weekend but there has to be some level of elevated risk there.

Geelong have a super soft SC finals draw including the Dons this weekend and then later the Lions in the SC prelims so a lot of Cats should go huge in those games. Although the Doggies remaining draw isn't too bad either.

As to who you get rid of out of KK or Smith well flip a coin. Both have been fairly dismal this season although Smith has the 7pt higher average so maybe KK is the one to go.

Rocksta · 01/08/2016 at 18:44

Cheers SC.
      Those 2 will cost me a league flag so need to move one of them on this week. It doesn't appear that they are getting any better either.

SCaddict · 01/08/2016 at 19:14

I'm envious that you have available trades and a healthy enough bank balance to be able to execute that upgrade Rocksta.

The cupboard is bare for the ole Addicts trades reserve!

Rocksta · 01/08/2016 at 19:43

Thanks SC.

Will only have 1 trade left after this week and as such will have my fingers and toes crossed for the last 3 weeks like most others.
          Will have to carry Smith as my D6 for the rest of the season I'm afraid, as my last trade must be kept for Injury.

Rocksta · 02/08/2016 at 00:19

Ended up going Boyd over Bartell for the following reasons:
      – Boydy will spend time in the guts with Libba and McCrae out, and Dahl a few weeks away from his best.
      – Really worried that Bartell will be rested for a week leading into finals with their easy draw. I reckon he'll miss the Gabba trip, which is SC prelim week ( assuming I make it that far).
      This does however mean that I have to trade Smith instead of KK. As you said, however, They've both been crap this year.

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:05

not sure if Boyd will play this week. heard that boyd and suckling have been ruled out again this week

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:34

horrible trades
    do none of the above

Good Move · 01/08/2016 at 18:33

Thinking of bringing in Zac Dawson for Tom lee, good move or bad move?

Young_Guns · 01/08/2016 at 19:40

bad move, tribunal tonight

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:34

Good!

Pauly Walnuts · 01/08/2016 at 18:54

Who should I bring in – Gray,Parker,Kennedy,Cripps,Neale or Steven ? – already have Danger,Jelwood,Hanners,Rocky,Sloane,Priddis & Pendles, Thanks

Young_Guns · 01/08/2016 at 19:41

Neale…….been solid all year

Derek · 01/08/2016 at 20:33

You know who I'll say 🙂

Since round 2, JPK has scored less that 100 only 4 times. His sub 100 scores were 95, 97, 99, 99.

125 ave over last 5……

Dispite my efforts, he is still only in 5% of all teams.

Clarky99 · 02/08/2016 at 09:17

Don't you worry mate! I brought him in and haven't regretted it!

Danners · 01/08/2016 at 22:27

Agree with Derek, JPK is in red hot form at the moment

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:03

has been in red hot form for the past 5 years.

Don't Blush Baby · 02/08/2016 at 13:28

Ok,Ok, I get the message,JPK it is, I was looking at Cripps and save 90k and use it upgrade Tippa to 7th Premo Defender but I still have Collins so I really can't loop anyway. I was hoping Collins would get dropped

Thanks for dialogue anyway ,good luck

Rocksta · 01/08/2016 at 19:56

Menegola JS?

Danners · 01/08/2016 at 22:25

Probably the best JS out of the rookies at the moment

micky · 01/08/2016 at 19:58

Community, any ideas on trades, i have 2 trades left with 80 k in the bank
def- shaw, simmo,docherty,laird,pittard,gibson(collins,lee)
mid- danger, pendles, priddis, shiel,sloane, parker, hanners, LIBBA(mathieson, macpherson, trengove)
ruc- gawn, goldy(goertz)
fwd- dusty, merret, montagna, riewoldt, j kennedy, zorko(phillips, beech)
ANY IDEAS COMMUNITY WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!

Keenbutclueless · 01/08/2016 at 20:54

Libba and Trengove out
    Move Phillips into mids
    Scully or Duncan and Yarran in
    Gives you cover on all lines

Matt · 01/08/2016 at 20:08

Alright, got two options but no idea which to go with so thoughts are appreciated

1. Trade Libba to Motlop
2. Hold Libba for this week, play Mathieson on the field and then trade Libba to Dahlhaus once he drops to 400k

Hawks · 01/08/2016 at 21:32

Option 2 for me.

Motlop is hot & cold, I would much prefer Dahlhaus, and Mathieson is an adequate stock gap.

Good Move · 01/08/2016 at 22:17

Hold

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:35

SHOTGUN

Good Move · 01/08/2016 at 21:06

4 trades left thinking of going Petracca to Selwood and McCarthy to Dahl. Ranked in the top 500, placed 1-4 in all 10 of my leagues. Leaves 97K in bank

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:36

Good Move, Good Move

Derek · 01/08/2016 at 21:08

what your team look like

Good Move · 01/08/2016 at 21:20

Def: Doc, Shaw, Simpson, Bartel, Gibson, Laird ( Collins, Lee)

Mids: Danger, Pendles, Hanners, Parker, Sloane, Priddis, Shiel, Rocky (Petracca, Joyce, Stewart)

Ruc: Gawn, Goldy (Loersch)

Fwd: Martin, Merrett, Montagna, Franklin, Greene, Wells (McCarthy, Phillips)

4 trades McCarthy to Dahl and Petracca to Selwood or Petracca to T. Lynch for McCarthy and Dahl to Petracca?

Hawks · 01/08/2016 at 21:28

Nice team.

I like those 2 trades, leaves you with coverage on all lines except Rucks.

Would go Selwood & Dahlhaus.

Good Move · 01/08/2016 at 21:33

2 trades left so if I have to go to anyone ruck I will go Naismith

Derek · 01/08/2016 at 22:34

both trades are luxury. I would hold your trades. Warm bodies as Pieman would say.

You could try putting Pendles on bench with E (Stewart onfield) and do Selwood trade if Pendles has poor score. Depends how much you need points.

Good Move · 02/08/2016 at 08:48

Yeah I didnt think about that. Thanks Derek

Moustachio · 02/08/2016 at 11:37

It sounds like you're comparing

1. Dahl + Selwood
      2. Dahl + T Lynch

So it's really just selwood vs lynch. Selwood by far for mine.

I would execute these 2 trades, no reason to hold when you are bringing in top shelf cover and still have 2 left in the chamber in case ruck or defender goes down.

Also… It's risky to carry around so much CASH, I would be worried about being robbed in the street =p

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:02

he then has a premium on the midfield bench, with no chance to swing them forward or back.

Good Move · 01/08/2016 at 21:20

Def: Doc, Shaw, Simpson, Bartel, Gibson, Laird ( Collins, Lee)

Ruc: Gawn, Goldy (Loersch)

Fwd: Martin, Merrett, Montagna, Franklin, Greene, Wells (McCarthy, Phillips)

Hamish · 01/08/2016 at 21:42

Should I trade boyd to doch since my opponent has doch?

Danners · 01/08/2016 at 22:26

Boyd should be playing this week

bess · 02/08/2016 at 11:32

no champ

ben · 02/08/2016 at 11:33

boyd may not play

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:01

Boyd and Suckling have been ruled out

johnno2908 · 02/08/2016 at 12:22

Boyd definitely out?

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:46

i just saw it on "AFL tonight", a 20sec story on Lidda and the reporter made a comment that Boyd and Suckling will also miss another week

Northernsoul74 · 02/08/2016 at 16:47

This is misleading and false.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:36

yea bring in Z.Dawson

Fiona · 01/08/2016 at 22:02

I have an ordinary side but scored 2512 because my good players did OK and so did some of my Soso players like Rich and Motlop. I am playing in three finals this week and will probably lose two. SC is a real luck game. Anyway, 3 trades left and no cash. Probably trade Delidio for Buddy and McGovern for Dahlhas next week if I survive. What do you think if you can be bothered.
I occasionally laugh at some of the comments posted although dudes such as Pie someone and Derek seem to offer sensible opinions.

Derek · 01/08/2016 at 22:42

I don't get called a 'dude' very often. Cool.

Is Delidio and McGovern on field?

Fiona · 02/08/2016 at 08:22

Derek, I hope you weren't offended. I call a lot of people 'Dude', anyway you seem to often take the trouble to give sensible advice to newish players like me and as a female, I never played a footy game but I used to play kick to kick with my three brothers.
      No, both Deledio and McGovern were off the field but I had McGovern as my emergency. Why Dude, sorry Derek?

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 11:11

No offence taken Fiona. As a 49 year old Chartered Accountant, i'm about as far away from being a 'dude' as you can get 😉

If you only have 3 trades left, you need to hold them for injuries and resist luxury trades. A luxury trade is when it is boosting your bench cover instead of being a direct onfield player. I would trade Delidio, seems like he might be a LTI. Hold McGovern, you won't get much cash from him now, but he is a warm body and the Crows have a good run home.

Toss of the coin between Buddy and Dalhaus. I might lean towards Dalhaus because of Dogs injury problems he will be in the midfield a fair bit, as long as his knee is ok.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:37

Love this thread

the new TINDER for fantasy footy players

lets hope these two dont get too close at the Vauclause this friday night

Stevo · 01/08/2016 at 22:14

2 trades left and $51k. Naismith at F6, Petraca F7 swing to M9. $5k short to grab Dalhaus. Made finals in all leagues with a double chances in 3 leagues. Wait until next week or go Petraca & Trengove to Dalhaus & Menegola now?

jezzahill · 02/08/2016 at 11:05

Assuming you can use one trade to get Dahlhaus next week, I would say hold.

Stevo · 02/08/2016 at 12:53

Thanks jezza. Menegola tempting on the bubble though as bench cover, given Trengove can't get a senior game. Will hold for now. 2 trades needed for injuries given the carnage this season.

Top hawk · 01/08/2016 at 22:42

Thank you to all players in the inaugural "Guns and Rookies" league for sticking fat.

Ranked 174 after Rd 20.

Bloody stoked.

Bring on the finals!

Cheers in advance · 01/08/2016 at 22:42

Hi community, would love your help and thoughts.
I've had big Stefan Martin $467k all year and wasn't happy with my choice until he became the soul ruckman approx 5/6 weeks ago. His price finally looks decent, but after having the weekend off and young Archie having a ripper debut I'm afraid his scores will go south again.
I have the trades and coin to say hello to Goldstein who I thinks bloody cheap and on his way up again.
Community do I hold on to my POD in Martin (no other top 8 team in my league has) or cross out Goldsteins potential monster score (all other teams in my league have)??
Hope this all makes sense.
Cheers in advance.

Tagger · 02/08/2016 at 00:30

I'm in the same spot, worried about his point potential if they let Archie ruck as well.
    Goldstein is pretty cheap too

Shake n bake · 02/08/2016 at 11:41

I'm lucky to have Naismith playing early I'll have the emg on him see how he goes if he scores under 80 I might pull the trigger and sell Martin to goldy. Just have to wait and see what happens at the selection table.

Cheers in advance · 02/08/2016 at 13:38

Yes agree SnB, I'm in the same boat with Naismith. I like your thinking.

Locked and Loaded · 02/08/2016 at 13:57

You can't loophole playing ruck men… Having the E on Naismith won't allow you to then put a non playing ruck on to take advantage of Naismith's score

Cheers in advance · 02/08/2016 at 02:27

Cheers YG, yes agree monster Pod. Just worried he'll either not play this week or play/rest in the forward line reducing his potential score. Spouse I will wait and see.
Is it time to trade in Dahlhaus, had plenty of the ball and no doubt better for the run? Cheap mid/forward cover.
Cheers in advance.

^^^^ · 02/08/2016 at 02:28

*spose

Westy · 02/08/2016 at 08:06

Going to be at zero trades as of this week. Dahlhaus in for Stewart.

I N Pieman · 02/08/2016 at 09:40

You won't be alone Westy. Heaps are either out or really low

Tagger · 02/08/2016 at 08:43

Left or Right? Who will win?!

Trengove (PTA) vs Docherty
Ward vs Sloane
Treloar vs Priddis
Kerridge vs Zorko
Merrett vs Montagna
Hall vs Greene

Tagger · 02/08/2016 at 08:46

Add Goldstein Vs Martin

Clarky99 · 02/08/2016 at 09:31

5-1 to the right

neil · 02/08/2016 at 11:31

left

JB_Tank · 02/08/2016 at 17:56

Stunning win to the right.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:39

Right
    Left
    Right
    Right
    Right
    Right

Tagger · 02/08/2016 at 08:47

Or with different trades
Left or Right? Who will win?

Rance vs Rich

Left
    Right
    Right
    Right
    Right

The Master · 02/08/2016 at 09:45

Made it into top 4 in both my leagues, also inside top 1000. so far a good season. Have 4 trades left and $100k.
All season I have been waiting for Docherty to have a couple of low scores so I could pick him up cheap and he has been killing me with his continuos high scores. looks like I need to bite the bullet and spend the money to upgrade Suckling to Docherty.
I will paint the fence with Mathieson down to Menagola and suckling to Docherty leaving 2 trades and 114k for injuries.
All depends on Teams Thursday night. Hoping Hall is back soon otherwise I will trade Kerridge or Hall for Dalhouse in next couple of weeks. Have been playing Kerridge on field last couple of weeks which has hurt. Scored 2480 last week and managed to climb 30 spots. Need a big one this week, playing the Phantom and should have him covered. Best of luck everyone.

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 10:49

i've been waiting for Docherty to have a bad game. just not happening.

CapTkAoS · 02/08/2016 at 12:02

Yep, its a funny game. I picked up Doch and Heater at the start. But if ya told me one would be under over 550k and the other under 480k this time of year, I wouldn't have got them this way around.
      Of course, for every pick ya get right, there is another one who torches you for 1/2 the season before you can get rid of them. Welcome to my "never again" list Chad Wingard………….

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:26

Yep. Ports easy draw at the start sucked me into starting with Chad. First week BANG! 125, thankyouverymuch. nothing but tears after that.

neil · 02/08/2016 at 10:21

It seems to me that the leader of the teams event is forgotten. Hedski and Derek spoke through this forum about rejiging Jocks leagues. I think this is a great idea and would need to be done prior to seasons end otherwise we lose contact.My proposal is 5 leagues top 2 advancing to next tier lowest relegated to sub tier maintaining club name i.e. if derek changes his name from Bundeena Bunnies to Mooroopna Cats no one knows its Derek Of course people pull out which would mean spaces available for next highest club to rise probably creating an entirely new team at the bottom that is for instance A Graders B Gaders thru to E then E Graders would be open to best available clubs. Existing teams such as Hypocondriac may even be no A existing memebers would need to have priority .Its pretty rough Hedski and Derek but we need more than what we have .It would be an honour to be the Hawthorn of this super league and would mean interest would be maintained all year A lot of organising for someone .What about it fellas

ben · 02/08/2016 at 11:35

great thoughts lot of trouble to get it off and running but adds to season whether you get relegated etc and promoted .Ilike the idea

clare · 02/08/2016 at 12:25

great idea hope it gets off more interest in pointy end of season .Need to get support from here

Derek · 02/08/2016 at 12:43

i'm thinking we start next year with a simple Ranking league. Everyone can join in then.

For next year only, we can run the ranking league to say week 12, and depending on where people's rank is at the end of Week 12, they are then invited into H2H divisional leagues for the rest of the year. Depends on how many people want to play how many leagues we have.

neil · 02/08/2016 at 13:14

byes could be a problem derek I don't think it would be wise to run a ranking inclusive of byes Thoughts

Shake n bake · 02/08/2016 at 14:18

I'll keep tabs! great getting to know you guys on this site. I'm sure you'll all be able to work out something come next year. Like JR would say Neil ur a good egg!! Good luck mate.

neil · 02/08/2016 at 15:57

thanks mate and congrats on your year in a graders.tough to win good teams and congrats to all in a graders for a great year .will still be trying to win the vfl flag even steep comp here a number could win the big one.Getting back to next year Dereks idea is logical only needs treeking within.cheers all

neil · 02/08/2016 at 17:46

tweeking.

Clarky99 · 03/08/2016 at 08:58

I would be very keen on joining in. Great idea!

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:40

k

curtley · 02/08/2016 at 11:39

would have to enlist other leagues but interesting particularly if you guys can get other forum members to agree. Yes for me

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:40

yes for me2

Fiona · 02/08/2016 at 12:13

There is a great deal of luck playing SC. Sure, you need to have a reasonable team and not sideways trade, however injuries seem to get some SCers more than others.
Three trades left. Trading Deledio this week for Buddy rather than Dahlhaus.
If I survive, next week I may just have enough to get Dahlhaus who is projected to drop 36K but may only drop say 25K to about $390, a crazy price for such a talent. If Petracca reaches his projected score, he will rise in price by 9k and with my $50K will allow me to get Dahlhaus in round 21 leaving me with a solitary trade. I have C Smith (WB) on my mid field bench as DDP.
Of course projected scores do not always work out, for example last week I scored 2512 when I was projected to score 2201?????? Yes, I was very lucky.

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:41

like dat

CapTkAoS · 02/08/2016 at 12:52

4 trades and 99k in the kitty. Thinking of painting the fence.
Jack Trengrove down to a 102k non-playing rookie.
Tippa up to Enright. Would leave me with a backline of-

Doch, Shaw, Simpson, Enright, Laird, Rance (Collins, Joyce)

Is Tippa to Enright worth a precious trade or not? I don't like having Tippa or Collins on field.

CapTkAoS · 02/08/2016 at 12:58

102k rookie would be dpp to set up def/mid swing with Joyce.

I N Pieman · 02/08/2016 at 13:55

Cameron Hewett from Port 102k Mid/Def will do that job to swing with Joyce

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:41

Tippa to Enright = No Brainer

neil · 02/08/2016 at 16:20

Could there still be time for another ShakenBake Fake .This could win it for those close enough.What about a ruckman Gawn or Goldy AFTER ALL THE TOP PLAYERS HAVE THEM .

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 15:02

you should get Z.Dawson

@wheels_1987 · 03/08/2016 at 13:09

i scored 2,456
Ranked: 5975

Hero = Pendles + Danger
Villians = Sauce Jacobs, Rocklobster (B.Smith gets a very honourable mention)