PatchCoachKingsLogo

Gabdfhbsokjjsnfjkkkk

STEF MARTIN DOWN, I REPEAT, STEFAN MARTIN IS DOWN.

Took a hit to the hip after bashing his way through the bad bombers last week, and he’s left a gaping, Stefan-sized hole in the ruck-lines of thousands of Supercoachers on the week we really need to push – be it in our leagues or in our last CoachKings venue qualifying rounds.

JOCK’S COACHKINGS LINEUP – CATS v DOGS

But we can’t dwell on the enorminity of the moment because there’s a lot of news that’s newsworthy so let’s get straight into said newsworthy news and stop reading long pedantic sentences designed to make you as out of breath so it seems like we’re rushing into the news because IT’S IMPORTANT

THE NEWS

To channel the immortal words of Brian Taylor; boy oh boy, wowee.

As mentioned, Stef Martin will miss for the Lions with a hip complaint, making way for Archie Smith to debut as not simply Brisbane’s solo ruckman, but – as they play Port – the only recognised ruckman in the game.

On top of that, Brett the “eh stuff this football business” Deledio is now out indefinitely. He’s like the guy who constantly takes sick days at work because he has “a cold”, but you know he’s going to the snow and the only reason he’s cold is because he’s whizzing down Hotham’s slopes at 80km/h.

But this isn’t some office job, Brett. THIS IS BLOODY SUPERCOACH. FIFTY THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS ARE ON THE LINE. BLOODY PRIDE IS ON THE LINE. PULL YA HEAD IN YA MUG.

…happy thoughts, Patch… …happy thoughts… …happy thoughts…

AND WE’RE BACK – anyone who invested in Doggie defenders this year (even after I told you not to when we lost Johanissen, Murphy, Adams and Suckling in the space of 10 days earlier in the year) will be hit again this week, as Matt Suckling and Matthew Boyd both have lower leg injuries and will miss their do-or-die clash with the cats.

Both are listed as soreness, so should both be held if possible – but as Lek said on Twitter last night, Suckling and Achilles are not two words we’d prefer to hear in the same sentence. (As a disclaimer, I’ve got both. I’m fully aware I just told everyone who still had them off. I’m also an idiot who doesn’t listen to my advice either, welcome to the club.)

Sydney’s ruckmen are suffering whatever the Dog’s defenders are, as Callum Sinclair will miss a month of footy after undergoing surgery on his knee. Let’s hope there’s not something in the water up there, as this gives Naismith and Nankervis time to shore up their positions.

Speaking of the Swans, captain Jarryd McVeigh has returned for the Bloods, but looked ginger at training during the week and didn’t go through full paces. Beware of the late out on their trip over to face Fremantle.

Jason Castagna, Ruben William and Mitch Brown will all miss this week through various omissions and minor tweaks, making potential backline CARNAGE for some of us on top of the two missing Dogs. Connor Blakey has also been dropped, for those that picked him up.

In good news, Luke Dahlhaus is back for the Dogs. With a massive breakeven, those with trades could be salivating at the prospect of Lukey D down near 440k.

The Pies have been forced to make a trio of changes, with Jarryd Blair, Alex Fasolo and Ben Sinclair all missing this week, and Jack Redden also misses. Majak Daw misses, and The Dish Drew Petrie (not the movie, you numnut) is back for Boomer’s milestone game, and that’s the most of it.

ALSO – I missed the return of Bachar Houli (cheers to those that pointed him out!) Don’t do it. Just don’t. Give him a week minimum.

6 CONTESTS THIS WEEKEND. 6 CHANCES TO QUALIFY FOR THE VENUE FINAL

AFL CoachKings Fixture Round 19

THE PATCH UP

How good was Adam Schneider patching up the podcast this week? Dead-set legend for jumping into the hot seat in the absence of Peter Higgo.

I must say, I’m disappointed Higgo would take an unexplained absence at such a crucial time of the season. He’s broken into the top 500, and instead of chasing points he’s chasing tail.

Tsk, tsk, Higgo. Whatever would Mother think?

Bart Supercoach Wizard
“No touching!”

My advice this week is to be smart. Whether you’re chasing a spot in the top 8 of your league, your top 4 or a spot in the top 100 – look at those who you’re chasing (or those who are nipping at your heels) and go for points of difference over them.

The time of trading in the top players has gone, and as discussed on the Pod with Jock and Schneids, we need blokes who will come home strong. One bloke I’ve jumped on is Tom Lynch; as I messaged in on the pod, he’s averaging 122 over the past 3, 110 over the past 5 and comes up against Melbourne, GWS, the Dons, Pies and Port on the way home.

Corey Enright is a huge POD down back who will bring you home strong, and JPK is an unsung hero in the midfield over the past month, with nearly a 130 average over the past 5, and only 5.6% ownership. If he’s too dear, Bryce Gibbs at 511k is averaging 110 over the same journey and has less than 5% ownership, and after Hawthorn this week plays the Saints, Lions, Demons and Essendon in his last 4.

TRADING PLACES

If you want the full rookie rundown, wrench your eyes away from these words and go read better words by Barron von Crow in his rookie report this week – but if you need to get onto Sam Naismith or Brendan Whitecross this week.

Otherwise, keep an eye on Luke Dahlhaus with a breakeven of 187, who may drop down as low as 440k in the next two weeks. A lot of midfielders who have had sub-par weeks in Paddy Dangerfield, Dan Hannebery, Rory Sloane and Lachie Neale all have breakevens over 140.

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

Oh Captain, my captain. Popular choices all flopped last week, and it was those with less conventional choices like Jimmy Bartel or Matt Priddis on the VC did well and avoided a very un-Danger like score this week.

Otherwise, those of us who dug into the Essendon-Brisbane game for captaincy selections won some hard-fought Supercoach points (which was about the only good thing to come out of that otherwise shocking game of football) from Zac Merrett or Tom Rockliff.

I’d back Rocky in again this week against Port at home, and would have a look at JPK if you’re lucky enough to have him. But I’d be avoiding Priddis and Dusty this week on the road. Scott Pendlebury also presents an option. I’m personally going Rory Sloane this week – at this stage. Should run rampant through the meadows of the Adelaide Oval.

However, we can’t ignore the Friday night game this week – Enright’s record breaker and Bartel’s 300th present too big a stage. Down at the Cattery will give Geelong a bigger lift, too. I’d almost be tempted to put the VC on Joel Selwood or Jimmy Bartel ahead of Paddy tonight. Almost.

If you need a win, play it aggressively this week. Go a POD VC choice. #YOLO it up, as the sage Lekdog would say.

Otherwise, play it safe and chuck the VC on the Dangerous One.

Farewell for the week, community. Get down and get into some CoachKings venues. Get into a Venue Final. Get into the CoachKings Cup. Get around each other.

6.00 edit – no major news on the late sides, but for those hoping Sam Grimely would earn a reprieve, we need to keep hoping, he’s an emergency. Wayne Milera is also out for those whom are concerned my that.

Godspeed, you wonderful humans.

FIND YOUR CLOSEST COACHKINGS VENUE HERE

Chicken Dinner · 29/07/2016 at 09:49

Do I use my last trade to get in Naismith for cover?

Quality as usual patch.

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 10:23

will he be on the field this week for SMartin?

if not, don't worry about cover at this stage.

Chicken Dinner · 29/07/2016 at 10:41

Yeah for stef, on ground and freeing up a swing cover for mid/forward and forward/ruck with cox

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 11:08

Look, depends on your cover on other lines. But, if your ruckmen are Goldy and Stef I'd pull the trigger Chicky D

Chicken Dinner · 29/07/2016 at 11:32

Yeah that was my thought as well, yeah have the two, cheers mate

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 10:01

Using two trades this week (will leave me with five) to bring in Joey Montagna and Jimmy Bartel. That's some mighty long teeth but I can't go past either for value.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 11:09

I can see those teeth from here! Not sold on Joey but love the Bartel call

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 12:24

Yeah joey is a worry but going for value. He's cheaper than Lynch, Gunston etc. Named on the wing this week. Saving cash here will allow me to go Wines to a top premo (Sloane) plus bring Dahlhaus in so I have a F7/M9

Winter · 29/07/2016 at 10:15

Need to win this week to make finals and got a tough match up, do I use my last trade to upgrade Hall or Deledio to Merrett but got Naismith and Pertracca to cover. Could hold but needa win and feel like Merrett is a must have for finals. All premo team with decent rookie cover in defence but not mid (been using Pertracca and Phillips dpp as cover). Thoughts?

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 10:24

if you HAVE to win this week, play with no regrets!

Winter · 29/07/2016 at 11:46

Trade out Hall or Deledio though…

BKW · 29/07/2016 at 12:48

I think Lids – at least we know hall "should" be back round 21

Simmo_mate · 29/07/2016 at 10:37

Good read patch, ive gone hall to gunston this week – 4 trades left now

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 11:09

Nice work Simmo. Perfect number to have heading into finals, and love the Gunston POD

Clarky99 · 29/07/2016 at 10:43

Thoughts on trading Stef? Can't afford a zero this week. I have 4 trades left.

johnno2908 · 29/07/2016 at 10:46

Who to? The bloke you bring in this week will probably miss next week. Can you bring in Naismith as cover?

Clarky99 · 29/07/2016 at 10:56

i was going to go to Gawn or even Mummy as a POD. I could go Trengove to Naismith via phillips DPP, but i was planning on going Trengove to Motlop to use as Loophole option in forward line, but could also cover mids,

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 11:09

Go to Gawn if you need to get a rolled gold premo in this week – otherwise I'd look at getting cover

Big G · 29/07/2016 at 10:53

Roo, Boomer or Buddy?

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 11:11

Head says Buddy, gut says Roo and heart says Boomer. I generally go with my gut, mate. Wear this big score from Boomer this week and Roo should bring you home strong

warren · 29/07/2016 at 10:56

Do people realise there is 5 weeks of Supercoach left? Any less than 4 trades and you may as well shut up shop lads.

Captain Obvious · 29/07/2016 at 13:06

Nah didn't realise. Where you ranked mate? You obviously a SC master.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 11:20

I think I'm going to do it. Final two trades to bring Bryce Gibbs into my midfield, moving Suckling to the bench as Zach Merrett goes back forward. My mid has been weak all year, and Cartlon's run home is golden.

It's stupid and reckless, but I was reckless in the same position last year and came from 7th in three leagues to win one and take second in the other two after going into finals with no trades. Cover is there in Suckling and Walla. I ~need~ to break back into the JR Inner Sanctum Top 8 or else Crouching will put me through the preseason from hell.

Catch the #yolo, taste the #yolo

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 14:21

Love it!

I Have options up forward to replace Lids but I think I'll be going with Tom Lynch..

The Adelaide one…

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:48

Oooooo, interesting Leeds! Huge POD

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 14:49

Could be a great move Leeds, you'd think he'd do alright tonight with no Tex.

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 14:24

Do you have any mid cover? Or ruck cover for that matter?

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:49

Mid cover is there through dpps, no ruck cover which is the big concern. Goldstein will surely get a rest. If Grimely is named tonight I'll go through with it, but not sure otherwise

Alex · 29/07/2016 at 15:35

In the same boat as you Patch.
        Have Martin but have cox and grimely.
        2 trades left, cox is playing Vfl, so I'm hoping grimely is named. Saves a trade and avoids a donut.
        Got Collins and austins as both back emgs, short as a fwd mid emg, but no mid emgs unless I swing short and Phillips so that's what I'm being cautious of trading.

Moustachio · 29/07/2016 at 14:44

Would not be touching Gibbs, but appreciate the kahunas!

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 14:48

Stupid AND reckless?! What's not to like?!

LeanLover420 · 29/07/2016 at 11:25

Is Bachar Houli a good idea?

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 14:26

Not really for mine. Goes big then goes way way low.
    But if you're keen on him he'll be cheaper next week and even cheaper after that. Should get him under $440k and I wouldn't pay much more than that for him.

Moustachio · 29/07/2016 at 14:44

Not typically

Anth · 29/07/2016 at 11:26

Stef Martin -> Gawn, good move to make?

Not having Gawn has left a gaping hole in my team all year, but this is as good as time as ever to do it.

And considering I still have 6 trades, I can afford to do a double to get him in.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 13:48

If you've got cover, hold, otherwise Gawn will bring you home strong, Anth

peter · 29/07/2016 at 11:30

rockliff or priddis

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 13:48

Rocky, Pete

pete · 29/07/2016 at 16:41

done

Nick · 29/07/2016 at 11:33

I have goldy and stef with 80k and 4 trades! Gonna make the 8 in all but 1 league so should i just hold and wait for last couple weeks?

Cozza · 29/07/2016 at 11:35

Have 2 trades left. Is it better to take the donut from Stef this week or bring in Naismith as ruck cover (to play on ground this week), leaving one trade in the bag for finals?

God · 29/07/2016 at 11:53

depends on league position/ranking
    If you need the win to make finals I'd get him in, otherwise hold

lostlarrikin · 29/07/2016 at 11:38

Classic Patch.
One of your finest.
Liking Rocky for Zaha this week as I have dodged many bullets.
Not convinced Rocky is capt material this week tho with no Martin to cram it down his throat.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 13:49

If we had a top notch Port ruckman to feed it off to the Power mids, I'd agree with you, but I reckon he'll still be right, LL

Richie Porte · 29/07/2016 at 11:42

Thoughts on Devon Smith for lids or better to stick with Buddy or Gunstan. Smith only 396k and last to weeks have been good since coming back from injury.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:03

Brilliant run home, you could do far worse than picking him up. Feel he's got a lot of Chad Wingard about his scoring though, and I'd prefer to go Gunston

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 14:56

I'd go Gunston Richie although I did watch the GWS game and Smith was good.
      Well done In France by the way.

Richie Porte · 29/07/2016 at 15:28

Thanks fellas, damn punctures

Mitchell · 29/07/2016 at 11:48

Libba to neale, priddis, gray or anyone under 565k?

Kev · 29/07/2016 at 12:15

Neale

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/07/2016 at 12:10

Patch my man, some gems there.
My favourite article.
You write how most of feel but then turn it around with humour and Simpson antidotes.
Too funny.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:20

Trigger, seeing comments like this is why I do this thing each and every week. Thank you for reading <3

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 14:27

There is no antidote for Simpsons jokes, and nobody is immune!

Jay · 29/07/2016 at 16:51

Haha, great anecdote Steeeve

Ruth · 29/07/2016 at 12:19

I have Collins and brand on the bench in defence
trengrove, phillips and stewart in mids (no cover)

I need to win this week to make it into the 8 to play finals
thinking of trading mitch duncan

Do I trade brand to skinner and Duncan to Josh Kennedy or Joel Selwood?

Or I have just enough money to trade trengrove to menegola and duncan to Sloane?
This gives me a mid bench option.

Do you think Sloane will score the same as Selwood from here on in?

Need to make a choice today as cats play tonight

thanks

hedski · 29/07/2016 at 12:46

Skinner is a late out today.
    Good I need him to loop rug/col didn't even know he'd been named.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:22

Sinner's out, Ruth, so it looks like Sloane is the go. I'm not sure Sloane will match Selwood (who I'd pick myself of the two), but certainly won't be a dead weight on your side and I've have no hesitation about bringing him in.

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 15:07

Crows have 3 more Home games against Bombers, Lions & Port and a trip to Domain against Freo to come… You'd think Sloane should give Selwood a real run for his money.

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 14:53

I like the Sloane/Menegola option.
    There's every chance you'll need that cover and Menegola looked really good on debut.

Ruth · 29/07/2016 at 15:16

Thanks everyone for their advice.
    I'm fairly new to this game but learning every week and appreciate the help.
    I will follow the advice and trade in Sloane.
    I hope it is the move that allows me to play finals next week.
    Thanks.

Swans2012 · 29/07/2016 at 12:32

I've been ruined by outs this week to destroy my foolproof cover, Sinclair, lids and suckling equaling all my available benchcover up forward out. Need to win this week, need to trade to avoid donut. It's my final trade. Here's the options,
Sinclair to Naismith – provides ruck backup for rest of year and let's me keep lids in case he comes back
Lids to Lycett – better backup and forward option but locks In Sinclair who is definately out for 4 into my team. If lids then comes back I'll be angry.
Whaddya think? I'm leaning to Naismith and hope lids comes back for a couple…..

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/07/2016 at 12:47

Swans haven't seen you on here for awhile. Boy talk about being hit right between the eyes. All cover out in one week tough break

I think u maybe up that proverbial Creek no matter which way you jump with lids or Sinclair on the bench until …….????

As you know Sinclair is out for 4 so season so guess best to trade him and hope lids reappears this year.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:24

Have to agree with Trigger. That's bloody rough, Swans – you've done all this work to make sure you have cover and then this hits you in the gonads.

Would pray lids returns and go Sinclair out

Swans2012 · 29/07/2016 at 21:37

Thanks guys, yep going to run with that. I've been a bit quiet as every time I get on a roll it blows up in my face this year! For example I threw the vc on Libba and was feeling good about that (60 points or so 15 into the second) when bang he's cooked as well now. Who knows might be a one weeker but looks worse to me! gee it's been a rough week. Might have to cop the doey to deal with Libba …. Hmmmmm…..at least the swans are going ok….

Rick Grimes · 29/07/2016 at 12:36

Next year I'm picking my premiums on their durability. Probably been two weeks I've fielded a full strength side. And the injury enforced sideways trade have decimated my trades.

I N Pieman · 29/07/2016 at 13:37

I'll be paying more attention to injury interrupted preseasons Rick. All the blokes I picked that didn't do all of preseason Selwood only one to survive so far. Kills the trade bank

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/07/2016 at 12:42

Anyone thinking of downgrading to skinner from lions this week don't as just injured himself at training

I N Pieman · 29/07/2016 at 13:39

I think Mrs skinner in patches pic above said he wasn't allowed to play

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 12:59

4 trades left and to avoid a donut I'm trading out Lids.
Only got $495,300 to spend ($400 short of Gunston!!!) so which of the usual suspects do I bring in…
NRoo, Buddy, JJK?
Or go early on Dahlhaus?

Davo · 29/07/2016 at 13:53

Going early on Dahlhaus will mean you immediately get a better player than Nroo, Gunston or Buddy for the same price. Dahlhaus is likely to average over 100 from this point and isnt a key position forward, making him more similar to Merrett, Dustin, etc. No key position fwds have averaged over 100 this year.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/07/2016 at 14:14

Only problem with that is Dahl has missed a fair chunk of footy and may need a couple of weeks to find his rhythm and get back into the tempo.

But agree he is better when up and going than a KPF

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 14:44

Yeah I'd love to wait a week but it's donut munching time if I do.
        Like many I don't like KPF's and I'm hoping that with Wallis out Dahl will have to play more mid time.

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 14:29

On the other hand if you can cover Lids this week you'll save on Dahlhaus. And then you'll have extra in the bank for when you need to cover an injury.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:25

Would go early on Dahlhaus myself, Ranger. Normally would advise waiting a week to see how he pulls up but should comfortable outscore the rest

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 14:33

If you've got Petracca maybe have him cover Lids this week and bring in Dahl next week

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 14:40

I've got Petracca covering Hall and Lycett covering Martin already

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/07/2016 at 14:53

Wow your cover is working overtime this week ranger!

And still facing a zero.
        If u need to pull the Dahl trigger.

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 14:59

Yeah i thought I had it covered mate but three premos out is a killer!
          I could suck up the donut as I'm fine in my leagues but I'm still trying to crack that bloody top 1K!!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/07/2016 at 15:10

If that is your ultimate goal and a donut will definitely push your further back down the ranks then out lids – welcome Dahl.

Davo · 29/07/2016 at 13:04

Most people in the top 20 have Boyd, and about a quarter have S. Martin. If you're reading this Mostachio I'd like to say good luck. We've been head to head the last few weeks and both still have a shot at the 50k.

MY TWO CENTS · 29/07/2016 at 13:15

Who to loop tonight?

I have smith and motlop.
one has to play on ground the other I can loop.

Loop motlop??

Davo · 29/07/2016 at 13:57

Play motlop loophole smith.

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:27

Assuming it's Clay Smith, I'd loop him over Motlop. Actually ditto Zac Smith as well.

I N Pieman · 29/07/2016 at 13:28

Sublime as always patch. Still can't make up my mind on what to do with lids. Only 12k bank. Doing my head in. Might just play Kerridge & hold

Ben · 29/07/2016 at 13:42

Dahlhaus is a good pod

Patch · 29/07/2016 at 14:28

Cheers I N!

It's a tough one – if you're safe in finals smart money would be to hold and wait everyone else out on the trade front, and then bring in a POD next week if we get any more news on Lids.

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 17:40

tough one. I've got Motlop on my bench playing tonight. How he goes may determine if i hold Delidio for another week

poloko48 · 29/07/2016 at 13:57

Lids or Hall to trade out, 1 trade left, which is more likely to come back in this year?

Hawks · 29/07/2016 at 14:21

Hall will be back, Lids ??

Borrismcstupidhead · 29/07/2016 at 14:09

Last trade boys..I've got lids..do i hold and hope he somehow comes back? Or just bring in Gunston and hope my players stay injury free?

Dave · 29/07/2016 at 14:29

Lids is pretty much cooked. So you may as well get Gunston's points now and start using your bench when you cop your next injury.

tom · 29/07/2016 at 15:35

Thoughts? 4 trades 166k in the bank.

Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Laird, Rance, Rich, Collins, Adams
Dangerfield, Pendles, Gray, Sloane, Parker, Hanners, Neale, Libba, Joyce, Trengove, MacPherson
Goldstein, Martin, Wyatt
Martin, Zorko, Montagna, Merret, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Silvagni, Phillips

Not sure whether to hold or trade Trengove to Naismith for cover for Martin donut?

jimmy · 29/07/2016 at 15:37

what are peoples thoughts in putting the vc on Enright instead of danger as a bit of a POD move if it doesnt work ill go gawn against gold coast or jpk against freo thoughts

Davo · 29/07/2016 at 15:54

Nar the last thing you want it a pod move to backfire and you to be the only one do it. Stick with the crowd of danger and take the big points like everyone else. Gawn is a good pod backup

Kev · 29/07/2016 at 15:58

Interesting move. His 136 last week I would take as VC, other than that he has a few 120's that are on the cusp of take it vs take a punt elsewhere.

I'm sticking with Danger

Tommo09 · 29/07/2016 at 15:38

Next week will go Bang Bang and go Petracca to Dahl and Hall to JJK I think and have 7 playing forwards to loophole in finals
Then I will be down to one trade

Kev · 29/07/2016 at 15:45

One trade for potentially 4 weeks of finals? Best of luck Tommo, you're gonna need it

Tommo09 · 29/07/2016 at 15:50

Will have cover for mid and fwd though

JoshSmith · 29/07/2016 at 18:44

i HAD cover for both mid and fwd but then Hall went down (F7/M9) as well as Lids. In saying that i think its a very smart plan. Here's hoping that it works out for you, but sometimes the shit just hits the fan

Tommo09 · 29/07/2016 at 15:53

Danger into Rocky
Or
Rocky into Gawn
Or
Danger into Gawn

Want a captain that not everyone will pick but don't want to miss Danger
Thoughts?

Redgumwon · 29/07/2016 at 17:23

I like Rocky or Gawn but I'm still thinking about Sloane as captain against Essendon

red · 29/07/2016 at 15:54

I've got Lids & bugger all trades & spare cash.
I don't have to trade this week so I'm a big HOLD!!
If I have to trade him out next week for the first final, then I'll have to do a sideways trade which means $490K and below.
That rules out Wells, Gunstan & Lynch.
Riewoldt looks OK at $461K, AVE of 97.
I don't trust Dahlhaus not getting injured
Nothing else looks that good.
Any ideas

Matt · 29/07/2016 at 16:01

Pendles a no show today after hurting himself at training yesterday

Don't be surprised if he is a late out.

Tommo09 · 29/07/2016 at 16:07

Do I trade Hall now this week to get cover in case Pendles is a late out?
Can get any fwd but don't want Merrett
Dusty, Wells, Zorko, Roo, Buddy, Petracca (HALL, Long)

David · 29/07/2016 at 17:37

Pendles wont be a late out

Shake n bake · 29/07/2016 at 16:21

I have Naismith as cover for Martin but lately I was thinking sell Martin for goldy still have 6 trades??? Hmm.

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 16:54

Nah mate, you know Goldie will get rested if you do!

Don't Blush Baby · 29/07/2016 at 17:01

With 6 trades its worth a punt as you will still have bench cover but have you compared who Goldy & Smarten play against from next week.

With Norths run home you know Goldy will be trying not sure about Smarten ,if he has any niggles they might cut his season short.

Not sure David but I already have Goldy,so real concern of mine just putting across my view if I was in your place,Cheers mate

neil · 29/07/2016 at 17:34

hickey maybe

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 17:34

NicNat back next week…….. interesting.

nervous coach · 29/07/2016 at 16:53

Brilliant work again Patch. Brett 'can't be stuffed playing footy' Deledio some of your finest. I don't have Lids but I do have Hall. Currently on the pine with Hipwood as F8. Do I trade him out to Gunston, Lynch (GC) or Buddy or Yeo out to Bartel. Either way need to trade M Cox to Naismith to make either of the first trades work. THOUGHTS!!*

David · 29/07/2016 at 16:55

Why does AFL.com report Star Giant (Griffen) in doubt? He's the farthest thing from a star!

John · 29/07/2016 at 16:59

Best forward rookie?

David · 29/07/2016 at 17:04

Smith

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 17:45

Whitecross (has DPP) worth a thought

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 18:22

It's probably Naismith at the price and with the job security,

Could you stretch to a mid pricer? Sexton or any of the Smiths.

StevenH28 · 29/07/2016 at 17:39

Dilemma, dilemma. 2 trades left $92k in the bank
D: Doc, Simpson, Laird, McV, Shaw, Gibson (Collins, Williams)
M: Danger, Bont, Z. Merrett, Pendles, Selwood, Sloane, Parker, Neale (Trengove, Stewart, Gore)
R: Gawn, Martin (Grimley)
F: Martin, Zorko, Wells, Lids, Montagna, Lyons (Petraca, Cox)

1. Trade Lids out, move Merrett Fwd & McV Mid, then bring in Enright
2. Leave Lids and fix next week, and fix Ruck? Trade Martin, or either Cox/Grimley? Best option to trade in?

David · 29/07/2016 at 17:48

Hold Martin should be back next week?

StevenH28 · 29/07/2016 at 17:58

Then option 1, or option 2 trading Cox or Grimley?

David · 29/07/2016 at 18:06

Roger · 29/07/2016 at 18:08

Option one would leave McVeigh in the midfield yeah? He might not even play so that's a risk and there's no mid backups.
    If you need to escape a donut, I'd trade either cox or grimely for Naismith.
    At least, you can put petracca on for Deledio who can score big like last week.

StevenH28 · 29/07/2016 at 18:15

Thanks Roger

Dean · 29/07/2016 at 19:23

Agree Cox to Naismith and keep Lids and use Petracca as cover for Lids.

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 18:08

Even with the Crows sweet run home 4 of them in my team is probably too many isn't it?

James · 29/07/2016 at 18:10

2 trades left… Have Lids and S.Martin stuffing my week.

Lids I can afford to bench in favour of Hall but no cover for Martin. Thinking dumping Trengove and through some swings (Petracca to mid, Grimley to fwd) and bringing in Naismith. Then next week see who the best option for Lids is, perhaps Lynch, and use whoever is not performing as cover (looking at you Leigh). Other forwards are Dusty, Zerrett, Zorko, Franklin, Wells.

This would leave me no trades (worry) but cover on all lines.

DEF: S. Collins and L. Austin
MID: Petracca/Montagna
RUCK: Naismith
FWD: Petracca/Montagna

Worth the risk to avoid the 0?

Roger · 29/07/2016 at 18:16

I'd be more concerned about he doughnuts then trying to put quality players on the bench for cover then rookies.
    Say you trade in Naismith to cover Martin ? What happens if a player gets injured or rested and you have no bench cover ? We've seen some pretty unlucky stuff this year,came without trades. Can be bad.
    I'd back your final team,cand use the trades you have as backup.
    I have a full premium team and my opponent last week had petracca, smith and Collins who put scored players I had like hannerby, Montagna and Sloane.

James · 29/07/2016 at 18:26

If I don't bring in cover for Stef this week I will cop a 0.

As it stands I have full premo and I had Hall as bench cover, now he is covering for Lids so still full premo excluding Martin but seems a waste keeping so much cash in Lids in the bench. Other option to avoid the 0 would be Lids to Naismith but is my last trade worth sitting on so much cash in the bank when I could potentially use another forward premo option as a loophole for the rest of the season? As I did with Wells on his return, and Hall before.

If I use the last trades I'll still have cover on all lines, including premo cover on mid and fwd should anything happen.

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 18:31

You know Hall's not playing right? still 1-2 weeks away.

James · 29/07/2016 at 19:10

Cheers mate, not sure what I was thinking already traded out Hall. Meant Wells.

Hubba · 29/07/2016 at 18:31

Trade if you need the win

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 18:25

Hold I reckon

James · 29/07/2016 at 19:12

Meant Wells not Hall, already punted Hall out. Cheers for the catch Leeds

hedski · 29/07/2016 at 18:24

Anyone know who's in for skinner (poor kid) ?
Hoping Jansen. Cheers

Leeds17 · 29/07/2016 at 18:29

Little forward thinking (calming myself before another likely hellish round kicks)

If T Adams get's defender eligibility next season he's a lock isn't he?

I don't think R.Gray and Bont are that far away from getting their Forward eligibility back but no doubt Martin & Zerret will lose theirs.

Baz · 29/07/2016 at 18:33

Looking to trade in a decent defender sloane or enright??

Dean · 29/07/2016 at 19:15

I think you mean Laird or Enright, as Sloan is a Midfielder. Laird over Enright by far.

Baz · 29/07/2016 at 19:21

Thanks mate I was leaning that way. I realized the error once I posted lol

FlyingHawkAssassin · 29/07/2016 at 18:41

Looking for some advice this week community.
I have 2 trades remaining and have Brett Deledio and Stefan Martin as a problem as cox is my bench option.
My trade options this week are either Deledio to Lynch, Gunston, Dahlhaus and cop the donut.
Or Cox down to Naismith and Deledio to Merret.
My other ruckman is Gawn for thos interested and can cover Deledio with Petracca if I need to but I doubt he will play any time soon. Also in the top 4 of the majority of my leagues,
Thanks for any advice community and good luck securing the last few final spots in your leagues.

Dean · 29/07/2016 at 19:12

If you can cover Lids with Petracca do that and just trade Cox to Naismith mate.

I'm thinking of doing the same as I have no forward/ruck cover and I have only 3 trades left and now that Naismith has awesome job security I think he is very cheap.

I'm putting Motlop on bench as my Emergency in case he has a shit round again and putting Cox on field that way if Motlop scores shit, I will have Naismith as a double chance at scoring 70+ as my F6

HOLD Lids though mate.

FlyingHawkAssassin · 29/07/2016 at 19:18

The problem ith holding lids is that he will probaply not play again this year.

Kev · 30/07/2016 at 09:58

Hold lids until it's confirmed. You'd hate to blow one of your two trades now and gave him return next week.

Martin rested and will be back next week. As you're top 4 in your leagues I'd cop the donut this week. The trade is more important

Daniel · 29/07/2016 at 18:42

Kaiden Brand or Logan Austin on field this week to cover for Suckling?

Dean · 29/07/2016 at 19:03

flip a coin mate, tough call.

Saundo · 29/07/2016 at 19:22

Austin

Baz · 29/07/2016 at 18:52

Sorry a repost of previous comment, I was looking for some advice folks wether to trade in laird or enright?

The Ranger · 29/07/2016 at 18:53

Laird

MOC · 29/07/2016 at 18:52

Dahlhaus, Gunston or NROO for lids? (Can't wait I'm copping a donut)

Saundo · 29/07/2016 at 19:00

Gunston

Dean · 29/07/2016 at 19:01

GUNSTON I brought him in last week for Hall and glad I did. I like Dahlhaus but he will drop to $400k or less in a week or two. I will be watching Dahlhaus closely tonight as I want him in my forward line if he has a blinder tonight.

Dean · 29/07/2016 at 18:58

Only 3 trades left but I am thinking of putting Motlop on the bench as my emergency and putting Cox on the field, that way if Motlop has a stinker AGAIN I will trade in Cox for Naismith while he is still cheap as I currently have NO forward cover or Ruck cover.

What are your thoughts community?

Saundo · 29/07/2016 at 18:59

Enright or Bartell ?

David · 29/07/2016 at 19:20

flip a coin

Simon T74 · 29/07/2016 at 19:21

M Cox to Naismith and Hall to Lynch (GC) or
M Cox to Naismith and Yeo to Bartel. Thoughts!!!

David · 29/07/2016 at 20:13

Did someone slip Danger a Mickey? Very quiet?

Don't Blush Baby · 29/07/2016 at 20:24

Fanfooty frozen at 24.33 minute mark, Danger tagged by Smith but has 22 SC Pts

Don't Blush Baby · 29/07/2016 at 20:25

28 Pts – 1/4 Time

David · 29/07/2016 at 20:52

Every time me i say that danger lifts his game?

Kev · 29/07/2016 at 21:20

Keep giving him shit mate. He's my vc

David · 29/07/2016 at 20:57

Danger looks like blood sh*t!!! He Sucks!

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 21:48

Lol

Clarky99 · 30/07/2016 at 06:50

144 points later…

SCaddict · 29/07/2016 at 21:05

Hopefully no one here still has Libba. Put on ice for the evening literally. Real shame as he looked set for a mega score.

Shake n bake · 29/07/2016 at 21:17

Thought I made a big mistake there half way throu the 2nd qtr!!!
    SC my only trade this week was the Libba trade!!

SCaddict · 29/07/2016 at 21:30

Looks like he could miss weeks too so you might want to get yourself a lotto ticket for tomorrow's $20M Superdraw.

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 22:51

Libba scored 72 in less than a half.

Shake n bake · 29/07/2016 at 22:52

He was on fire

SCaddict · 29/07/2016 at 23:17

Syndesmosis appears to be the early diagnosis so sounds like he will be cooked for at least the rest of the h&a season.

David · 29/07/2016 at 21:36

Danger sucks he jst scored another goal! He needs to raise his game!

David · 29/07/2016 at 21:37

*just*

David · 29/07/2016 at 22:15

How do you figure? Danger 131 on VC how is that work cut out for them?

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 22:33

Motlop did good.

Will hold Delidio and trade to Dalhaus next week. Dahl looked OK, game will have done him good

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 22:52

Obviously not a Doggies fan, Motlop injured Libba and Macrae!

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 22:53

Neither malicious of course but a Bulldog fan wouldn't be rapt with him that's for sure.

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 23:04

I didn't see game. Are they LTI?

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 23:21

Libba won't be back till after round 23 if at all from the looks.

Other injury was a minor hammy.

Both as Motlop tackled them.

Leeds17 · 30/07/2016 at 00:05

Pretty unlucky to get tackled by Motlop only happens a few times a year.

Davw · 30/07/2016 at 00:32

Ooooh SNAP!

Steeeve · 30/07/2016 at 09:41

I checked and he averages 2.3 tackles per game. So maybe he also injured Caleb Daniel and we just don't realise yet haha

Davw · 29/07/2016 at 23:04

Libba outscored Dahl and he only played one and half quarters!

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 23:23

Yep and I'm glad. Dahl had just the game I wanted him to. Had a decent amount of it but showed rust with his disposal. Get that score as low as possible Lukey boy, you're in my team for the start of finals and you'll be a bloody bargain.

Davw · 29/07/2016 at 23:36

Well hopefully he doesn't become another casualty in the Doggies revolving door of injuries. They are truly cursed this season the poor bastards.

He Man · 29/07/2016 at 22:39

Do I take Liberatore's 70 or play R.Davis?

David · 29/07/2016 at 22:47

Take libbbas score

Dean · 30/07/2016 at 00:03

I put Libba on the bench and put Mathieson on field but I will take Libba's 72 and put Trengove on the field and take Mathieson off.

David · 29/07/2016 at 22:44

Thinking I should pass on Dangers score and roll with Sloane?

Davw · 29/07/2016 at 22:55

If you don't take Danger's 144 you deserve to get burnt pal. 🙂

Davo · 29/07/2016 at 22:56

Fantastic I can see that ending well

Davw · 29/07/2016 at 22:59

Ha ha some coaches out there really have no clue. Just begging for the SuperCoach gods to make an example of them lol!

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 23:46

Not a bad call. 144 is a good VC score and if I had Danger VC would probably take it, maybe.

I'm going VC Gawn at home against the Suns backed up with Sloane at home against Essendon. Both should do well.

Clarky99 · 30/07/2016 at 06:53

Mate, if Sloane fires, he still might not pass Danger. Sloane's highest score is only 145.Too higher risk for such little reward.

Davw · 29/07/2016 at 22:50

Happy I decided to put the VC on Danger and not Selwood or Bartel. At least I don't have to worry about captains this round now.

WTF · 29/07/2016 at 23:03

So now Champion Data want to award points for encouraging from the bench.
how does Libba get scaled up nearly 10 points in second half?

Davw · 29/07/2016 at 23:09

That does happen from time to time. I think that also occurred when JJ got injured at HT earlier in the season. Sometimes the actually stats don't translate to nearly enough SC points so everyone has to get scaled up throughout the 2nd half not just at the end including those injured on the bench.

Steeeve · 29/07/2016 at 23:25

Scaling is for the whole game. Whilst on the ground Libba was BOG.

Derek · 29/07/2016 at 23:40

He deserved them. Played very well

Leeds17 · 30/07/2016 at 00:04

Libba was so good in the first half it's almost convinced me to start with him next season.

Liam · 29/07/2016 at 23:06

Should I go Dahlhaus' 71 or Naismith ?

Davw · 29/07/2016 at 23:11

I'd probably take the punt on Naismith if I had to choose.

MY TWO CENTS · 29/07/2016 at 23:16

Had motlop on the ground and clay smith as the E – thanks for the advice there guys – good call.
Do i take smiths 70 or punt on petrecca on the ground?
Danger as VC, love Geelong Friday night games don't have to worry about a captain.

Clarky99 · 30/07/2016 at 06:56

I would go Tracca on field. Tracca's base is in the 50s so you would only be losing around 20 points. But against the suns, he could go big. Take the risk!

Davo · 30/07/2016 at 00:16

No problems cents, was thinking of you while watching the game. Would punt on Petracca

Dean · 30/07/2016 at 00:30

I really liked the look of Dahlhaus and want to trade Libba to Dahlhaus either this week or the following, the trouble is I only have $30,000 in my kitty, how much will Libba depreciate in price does anyone know the formula? I think over 2 weeks I would be able to do a straight swap, unless Dahlhaus goes 140+ next week.

I can only use Dunkley or Mathieson as cover for Libba next week as I am sure Dahlhause will be around $435,000 after this week and Libba around $370,000

Or I can trade Cox to Naismith which will give me cover in both my FWD & RUCK and that will give me $127,000 in the kitty to go Libba to someone around $500k

Dean · 30/07/2016 at 00:31

I only have 3 trades left.

Kev · 30/07/2016 at 09:50

You're right on Dahl, Libba will be worth about 10-15k more

Dean · 30/07/2016 at 00:36

Shit I had Danger as my captain not VC – I went to put the C on a non player and little did I know I had the C on Danger, thankfully he scored very well.

Bells E Bubb · 30/07/2016 at 04:43

The one bloody line I couldn't cover. Thanks Stef Martin! Had to burn my last trade as I need a win to make finals. Yes I know that dooms me next week instead of this, but you have to play to win the league.
Have also swapped Lids for Toby Greene.Hoping he has a field day down in Canberra against the Tigers and kicks a bag along with 30 disposals.

Nervous Coach · 30/07/2016 at 07:20

Who out of Yeo, Kk (GC) or Collins should I have on the field at D6. Also, should I trade out Hall for Gunston or Lynch (GC) – leaves me with 5 trades for finals.

Tommo09 · 30/07/2016 at 07:54

Not sure about the 144 from Danger
Normally I would take it for sure but I think Gawn will dominate GC and he will beat Danger
Thoughts?

Off The Bench · 30/07/2016 at 09:11

You cray cray

Derek · 30/07/2016 at 09:38

I've got VC on Gawn. I'd probably take Danger unless you are behind in your league

Kev · 30/07/2016 at 09:52

Not been burnt enough by the SC Gods yet?

I N Pieman · 30/07/2016 at 11:49

Your a tough man to satisfy Tommo. Takin that all day

bUCKET__ · 30/07/2016 at 08:29

My starting ruck combo of Stef R2 and Archie Smith R3 is finally paying off!

neil · 30/07/2016 at 08:34

Libba and Dahl locked for 2017 and danger

Steeeve · 30/07/2016 at 09:43

What do you think Libba will cost? I'm locking in O'Meara and David Swallow.

Derek · 30/07/2016 at 09:51

i doubt Libba will be top 10 midfield.

The Bont will be!

neil · 30/07/2016 at 12:09

yes derek libba could end up a 2016 motlop or same as he was this year might be a bit expensive both of them.The last to go or a m9 or f7

Moustachio · 30/07/2016 at 13:15

Won't be locking Danger at 800k, will swoop on price rise

red · 30/07/2016 at 08:56

If libba out long term. I'm thinking mathew wright or clay smith

FlyingHawkAssassin · 30/07/2016 at 09:47

Some advice on my post above please!

Derek · 30/07/2016 at 09:58

Trade Delidio.

If you can take a donut this week, get Gunston etc (best avaliable for one trade)

If you don't want a donut this week, get Lycett or Hickey.

FlyingHawkAssassin · 30/07/2016 at 12:10

Thanks for the advice, I think I may take the donut as much as I hate them and go Deledio to Gunston or Lynch. Others have said to hold Deledio as he may be back next week which is reasonable but idk if he will play soon.

FlyingHawkAssassin · 30/07/2016 at 12:22

Or should I hold and get Dalh next week?

Derek · 30/07/2016 at 12:56

I'm holding Delidio and getting Dalhaus next week. Even though he didn't score great, he got plenty of the ball plus with Libba gone down he will be in guts more.

I do have Motlop on bench

FlyingHawkAssassin · 30/07/2016 at 13:11

Will Dalh score more than Gunston for the rest of the year in your opinion?

Derek · 30/07/2016 at 09:48

Kade Stewart has been put back on the rookie list, if anyone was interested

red · 30/07/2016 at 10:34

What does that mean
    Is he a chance to play?

Kev · 30/07/2016 at 10:52

Nah red, the opposite. You can't be selected for the seniors if you're on the rookie list

red · 30/07/2016 at 13:22

Thanks
        Good to know

Shake n bake · 30/07/2016 at 12:00

Good loophole option especially rd 23

tttt · 30/07/2016 at 11:35

Anyone have any news on the rumours about pendles and wells ?

Shake n bake · 30/07/2016 at 12:56

Rioli late out

Jay · 30/07/2016 at 12:58

Rioli out

Derek · 30/07/2016 at 12:59

Cyril is out

I N Pieman · 30/07/2016 at 13:04

Did you get him in Derek?

Derek · 30/07/2016 at 13:59

Was going to trade Lids to Cyril. But Motlop did OK, so didnt

Clarky99 · 30/07/2016 at 13:51

Any news on Wells? Want to trade him to Gunston but doesn't look like im going to have time.

Crabb · 30/07/2016 at 16:38

Who do you guys think will go bigger: Robbie Gray or Viney? Worried Gray might cop the Robinson glove. Whoever is lower will be replaced by Scully's score.

tuxCS · 30/07/2016 at 17:40

Normally I'd say R.Gray but Robinson is one ferocious tagger, Viney against GC looks a decent chance to go big

tuxCS · 30/07/2016 at 18:09

As a pies supporter, im very nervous. I can feel WC coming