Big Carl CoachKings Community

Desolation. Utter desolation. The SuperCoach gods have absolutely slaughtered us this week, Community.

Ablett, Libba, Bartel, Laird, Barlow, Deledio and Stringer just to name a few.

The blokes who were supposed to be our saviours – Hannebery, Neale and Buddy absolutely shit their pants, just to rub salt into our wounds.

It’s pushed many of us to breaking point. Only the strong will get through this wretched period.

Still, some strong scoring from the likes of Dusty and Danger got many coaches up to semi-respectable scores, with around 2350 seeming to be about par.

Our old mate Maso went very close to backing out the highest CoachKings score of the round on Friday night out at the Rye Hotel with Mick the Mad Irishman by his side. The honours went to John Rossi playing at The Bridge Inn in Mernda. He delivered a massive 1124, got the win to qualify for the Bridge Inn Venue Final, and $1000 for good measure.

The Heroes

Dustin Martin (150 SC)

Chopsticks has put his pre-season indiscretion behind him and has turned into an absolute machine in 2016. Has the best don’t-argue in the competition and along with Dangerfield is probably the strongest midfielder in the AFL. Just a pleasure to watch.

Josh P Kennedy (140 SC)

How has this bloke flown under the radar for so long this season? A proven SuperCoach beast who has only one score under 95 this season. Currently averaging 110 – you can’t go wrong with JPK.

Steve Coniglio (139 SC)

Is enjoying one hell of a breakout season. Has to be seriously considered if his strong form continues. Average has now hit nearly 110 and his top five scores this season (139, 138, 135, 127 and 126) make for outstanding reading.

Honourable mentions:

Shaun Burguone (159 SC), Koby Stevens (144 SC), Stephen Hill (139 SC), Zach Merrett (138 SC), Sam Docherty (138 SC), Patrick Dangerfield (135 SC), Ben Griffiths (132 SC), Tom Rockliff (130 SC), Andrew Gaff (128 SC), Joel Selwood (123 SC), Corey Enright (123 SC), Mark LeCras (123 SC), Marcus Bontempelli (120 SC).

The Villains

Dan Hannebery (68 SC)

Leave it to Daniel to pump out his worst score of the season the week I trade him in. Only had 21 touches and just wasn’t his usual self. He had been so consistent up until this point, too.

Lachie Neale (74 SC)

If you were like me and traded in both Hannebery and Neale this week for Ablett and Libba, you may well have uttered multiple expletives following the completion of the Thursday and Friday night matches. Neale was flying at half-time too, but barely scored at all in the second half due to a heavy Guthrie tag.

Lance Franklin (75 SC)

Held goalless for the first time this season. Probably one of the few key forwards we can actually consider for a permanent position in our sides, too. Don’t worry, he should bounce back next week.

Honourable mentions:

Jason Johannisen (65 SC), Josh J Kennedy (38 SC).

The Redeemers

Callan Ward (143 SC)

Has been down on his usual output of late but boy did he make up for it on the weekend. Was one of many dominant GWS players to absolutely slaughter the hapless Lions.

Toby Greene (122 SC)

Did his usual Toby Green trick. Stinker, followed by blinder. I’m sensing a pattern here. Has been highly erratic in 2016, and has been the most featured player in this section this season.

Brodie Smith (99 SC)

Too little, too late, Brodie. Where were you when your coaches needed some decent scores earlier in the season?

Honourable mentions:

Leigh Montagna (110 SC), Callum Mills (82 SC).

The Prodigies

Sam Naismith (89 SC)

Has been somewhat of a revelation since elevated to the number one ruck position in the absence of Kurt Tippett. Was solid in his first match and then played a ripper on Thursday night. If you are looking for a cheap ruck bench option, he is your man. Be wary on his job security once Tippo comes back, though.

Clay Smith (98 SC)

A truly inspirational story. Back from his third knee reco, he appears to have cemented his spot in the side following impressive scores of 82, 95 and 98 in the three games since his return. Awkward price at around 250K, but if he can keep this sort of touch up, might still be a worthwhile investment and solid bench cover.

Rhys Mathieson (87 SC)

Beast Mode Mathieson is working into his AFL career nicely. Loves the hard stuff and contested ball, which is what we love about young rooks. Very handy bench option for those who still have him. Loved his shotgun celebration following his first AFL goal as well.

Honourable mentions:

Oleg Marvok (62 SC), Jack Silvagni (50 SC).

The Damned

Michael Barlow (64 SC)

What a rollercoaster season it has been for Michael. Poor form, good form, injuries, Ross Lyon demotions…it certainly has had it all. He was flying on 64 SC at half-time before an injury early in the third ended his night. Although an injured AC joint may only mean a short spell on the sidelines, those with surplus trades still in the bank may want to look at offloading him.

Mark Blicavs (63 SC)

Remember when we were all talking about this man being a potential top two ruck option at the start of the season? Well, he has certainly been one of the disappointments of 2016. Averaging just 91.

Daniel Rich (65 SC)

How did he lure so many of us in at the start of the season? Has made this segment many times in 2016 and if you still have him, you need to take a good hard look at yourself. He needs to go.

dean · 18/07/2016 at 10:00

fav article of the week barron

Byron · 18/07/2016 at 10:02

Isn't it by Lekdog?

Steeeve · 18/07/2016 at 11:07

No it's The Cowboy I think

ethan · 19/07/2016 at 10:55

it's by big Carl

JJJ · 19/07/2016 at 14:15

No its not its by Patch

SC Rookie · 18/07/2016 at 10:01

My favourite article of the week Jock! Really helps me out with my trades and team in general

Hubba · 18/07/2016 at 10:10

Can you add Wells too? For those of us on low trades who (were forced to ) keep the faith… was hoping he'd come back with a bang like he did in rd 10. Keays also a villain for me as a late in as he was my loophole cost me dangers' score plus a benched premo… . Great read as always Big C.

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 10:12

So where is all our teams ranked? & How many trades left?
I'm ranked 330 with 8 left.

Chicken Dinner · 18/07/2016 at 10:31

2400 with 3. (And Rich sadly)

The Ranger · 18/07/2016 at 10:42

I reckon you're in a good spot there Shake, those trades are gonna be like gold.
    I'm in the 1700's with 4 trades left.

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 11:43

Especially if priddis & McGovern miss this weeks game against the Dee's!

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 11:58

why will priddis & McGovern miss this week?

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 12:18

Priddis sore quad McGovern thumb.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 11:11

well done. another nice score this week SnB.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 12:19

Nice work with 8 left u never know
    Good luck trade smart should make up a lot of ground on the front runners

Me well I'm back in the mire due to a swathe of injuries
    Used half my trades on LTI's. You need luck in this game.
    Swiftly moving through the rankings but season shot so just trying to move up league ladder.

johnno2908 · 18/07/2016 at 12:58

Ranked 30th. 6 trades

MY TWO CENTS · 18/07/2016 at 13:06

Is this Luke?

johnno2908 · 18/07/2016 at 13:24

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 14:15

680 & 5 trades. Huge slide the wrong way last few weeks

Saalih · 18/07/2016 at 18:00

I'm 340 with 3 trades. Dissipated since I was ranked 127 before byes.

Dean · 18/07/2016 at 17:23

Ranked 3118 with 4 trades left, goal is to make top 1000 as I have in the past 5 seasons.
    I used to love league finals however have been over it for a couple of years now.

Good luck all.

jezzahill · 18/07/2016 at 19:35

811 with 5 left

Young nigga · 18/07/2016 at 10:40

Cheers JamarcusYoung

Mudguts · 18/07/2016 at 10:49

As per instructions Carl, taking a GHL! Just can't seem to get rid of Rich. Always a trade more pressing. Gave myself an uppercut for picking him at the start of the season!

Steeeve · 18/07/2016 at 11:06

Just be glad you didn't pick Kade Kolo instead. Finally had a good game on the weekend and still didn't score well.

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 14:05

I share your pain Mudguts. There have been too many other things to deal with. Now I may be stuck with her. He should be dropped

Dean · 18/07/2016 at 17:29

Always have a stink nugget in defence, if it didn't occur in SC each season, it wouldn't be SC without that ONE friggen stink nugget stuck in defence right in a pocket, very much like diverticulitis.

Yes Rich your a TURD.

Steeeve · 18/07/2016 at 11:05

Glad to have trades up my sleeve. Which do you prefer?
Lids to Joey (leaves money in the kitty to get a good f7/m9)
or
Lids to Zerrett (leaves no money and will be tough to get a m9/f7)

Clarky99 · 18/07/2016 at 11:22

If you have plenty of trades left, go Zerrett.

Steeeve · 18/07/2016 at 12:04

Got nine left to start this week, will have 7 left after.
      Tell you what I'm bloody glad too the way premos are dropping like flies!!

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 12:20

I would just go with who you see as the better performer for the remaining 6 games which most coaches would probably say would be Zerrett. Should carve up the Lions this weekend. I have both btw.

I'm personally not a massive fan of burning trades on cover as it hasn't really worked out for me in the past. Better off holding onto those trades I reckon (if you have less than say 8) and just doing direct swap outs during the Supercoach finals as premos WILL miss games during that patch.

You will then have a huge leg up on your opponent when you can say swap out Pendles for Sloane whilst the other coach has to rely on his 2nd rate cover.

And if you do have more than 8 trades I'd probably use them "upgrading" some of your weaker premos to ultra premos rather than burning them on bench cover on a line that may or may not get used.

Steeeve · 18/07/2016 at 14:46

Thanks heaps Addict! Definitely some things there to consider. To your points (would love your thoughts):

Burning trades on cover… My thinking was having a premo M9/F7 would allow me to loophole and ensure good scores. And with limited funds (but a few trades left) I will likely have to go one up one down either way. If I can't afford to upgrade a bench player upgrading someone on the field is definitely an option though. Plan was to upgrade J Trengove to Dahl or Joey for that swinging bench player. But he needs another couple of games to appreciate in value. And pronto.

Definitely want at least four trades for straight swaps in the finals. Should be enough you reckon?? I don't have anyone I can envisage being rested.

I have some weaker premos. Which would you keep and which would you trade, and in what order? Ollie Wines (avg 95), Chad Wingard (avg 85), Aaron Hall (avg 94), Daniel Wells (avg 102 but leg could fall off), Alex Rance (avg 93 and in a form slump).

Dean · 18/07/2016 at 17:41

Steeeve priority Lids to Zerret no brainer.

Then pi$$ of Wines and bring in a gun premo the best you can get mate. Good Luck

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 19:10

Steeeve I concur with Dean and would look to upgrade Quadzilla to an ultra premo, perhaps not right away, but at some point in the next 2-3 weeks before Supercoach finals.

If Lids plays this week then you probably should hold him although with your surplus trade count you could even mount an argument for getting rid of him regardless. But if he misses just one week I'd definitely ditch him for Zerrett as just not sure we can trust Lids not to break down again. So you may as well benefit from Zerrett ripping apart the Lions this weekend if Lids get rested this round.

Steeeve · 19/07/2016 at 12:25

Just taken a look and Port has Gold Coast in round 23. Think Quadzilla and Wingard could both go large. Holding for now. And if Lids is good to go I'm holding him too. Can't trade playing premos.

jimmy · 18/07/2016 at 11:16

team scored 2491 last week got 2 trades left anything i need to change

D: Docherty, Shaw, Enright, Tmac, Laird, Suckling (Collins, Lee)
M: Dangerfield, Hannebery, Ward, JPK, Shiel, Lewis, Priddis, Ziebell (Gresham, Hewett, Phillips)
R: Gawn, Martin (Lorensch)
F: Dusty, Montagna, JJK, Boomer, Westhoff, Hall (Petracca, Wyatt)

150k in the bank

Clarky99 · 18/07/2016 at 11:26

Quite a few PODs in there. You cannot trade now as you may need them for injuries/finals.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 11:50

nice score. i wouldn't change anything if that team can knock out 2491.

At this stage with only 2 trades, as long as they are warm bodies, keep them and only trade for injuries.

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 14:27

Yes just hold mate for inevitable injuries now. I had 3 trades last week but had to burn 2 on replacing Gaz and Libba and down to 1 so they can disappear in a flash.

I thought I heard Stef Martin suffered either bruised or cracked ribs in Leppa's post game presser so he may be doubtful for this week?? But hopefully it's not that bad and he can play.

Dean · 18/07/2016 at 17:47

SCaddict why did you burn a trade on Libba mate he will be back this week. Hope you didn't go Libba to Priddis.

Vinnie · 18/07/2016 at 11:23

Zaka is another that's turned to crap this season.

Clarky99 · 18/07/2016 at 11:27

Handles a tag almost as bad as Rich. He will be better though with Heppell and Jobe back next season. He may not be tagged as much.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 11:52

that is why i am amazed that ZMerret has done so well. playing in a pretty poor team, he has been a giant this year.

It could still all come undone for ZMerret though, $566k alot to pay.

MOC · 18/07/2016 at 11:36

Lachie Neale is a turd, I was playing 1st in my paid league this week and I chose to bring him in over the likes of JPK, Rocky, Gray, Sloane, Selwood. If I had chosen any of those guys I would have won; now I can't make top 4.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 11:55

Bit harsh.

I was tossing up all week between Selwood (128SC), Parker (106SC) and Hanners (68SC) who to bring in for Gaz. Of course i chose Hanners. Doesn't make him a turd. Take the good with the bad.

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 12:03

Yes you are really looking to bring in who you think will be the best performers over a 7 week block.

murray · 18/07/2016 at 12:46

he will come back

MOC · 18/07/2016 at 12:47

Hahaha yeh I was just venting because $900 is up for grabs

Benschke · 18/07/2016 at 11:55

I traded both Hanners and Lachie Neale in this week…….

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 12:10

You should be rewarded this week
    Put it down to a blip

fuck · 18/07/2016 at 11:56

Sloane or Bontempelli?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 12:09

Can't go wrong with either.
    Sloane gr8 run home
    Bont majority of games under the roof.

Clarky99 · 18/07/2016 at 12:10

Sloane

Danners · 18/07/2016 at 12:48

Sloane for consistency

Andrew · 18/07/2016 at 13:03

I like the look of the Bont if you're after a POD

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 12:27

Surely lids gets a Guernsey in "the damned"?

Clarky99 · 18/07/2016 at 12:31

Ahead of Blicavs i reckon.

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 13:26

Particularly with sooooooo many trading him in over the last month.

His ageing balsa wood body is damned I reckon.

Surely on the "never again" list for a lot of coaches now.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 13:34

Yep has joined no buddy way and houli dooly never again.

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 14:13

Lids has had his Guernsey added to my "banned for life" list. Like Gary he was so durable for so long. Sadly I'm sure it will happen to Pendles eventually

The Ranger · 18/07/2016 at 15:09

I bought him in instead of Zerret before the byes. That went well then…

neil · 18/07/2016 at 12:35

With the season fast coming to an end myself included I look forward to 2017.Where did we go wrong.Traded aggressively early and burnt trades but Derek held back and floundered.He went against his principles of PAY THE PRICE and chose Lobbe in preference to Goldy big Mistake Derek old son but I had all 4 top end players Goldy Shaw Martin and Danger I FEEL sure if I played Derek again he would do me easily why BECAUSE HE HAS THE TRADES.No next year I wont be trading aggressively early . Bring on next Year Derek and we will have a closer battle conglats for holding your nerve amid adversity wish I had trades By the way where did you go wrong Derek and how can you go on from posy 76.Its been a great year for A GRADERS lots of good competition even though I won this week I feel I got better because of the class of competiters

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 12:48

Finally made it into the 8 in the A graders.
    Just gotta keep pushing ….
    Yeah some great teams most of which are regular jock forum contributors.
    Battle Royale. Fierce competition.

neil · 18/07/2016 at 13:19

Thanks for the comments TH didn't know you were in Agraders makes it even better with Derek and yourself .would be interested to know how to make the league stronger probably keeping the existing players would help cheers neil demons delght

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 13:32

I'm sitting 2nd in a graders hoping to get 1 more win in the last 2 rds to finish in the top 4. Love to play you guys again next yr. good luck to u both for the remaining games.

neil · 18/07/2016 at 13:46

not sure how to retain everyone maybe some one smarter or more savvy can do it anyone willing to try and you have had an amazing year not only in AGRADERS I am really looking forward to all you top 8 youre all great but saying this I will be trying to win the also rans with Derek THANKS AGAIN Neil

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 14:12

I'm sitting just above you by % Neil. Reckon Derek has us covered in the VFL finals though with his trade surplus.

You will get an option to recreate that same league next season and email invitations will automatically be generated and sent to those who can then rejoin if they wish.

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 14:43

Only played you in rd 16 Neil, lucky I didn't play you this week you would have won by 35!!

neil · 18/07/2016 at 16:26

who won

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 16:55

I did by 105.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 15:22

I see SnB you are also 2nd in the JR Community FL, i'm right on your tail in 4th, separated by %. feeling i could give it a shake this year.

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 16:07

And I'm playing the top team this week in that league if I lose could drop to 4th! Need to win 1 more game to finish top 4. Never know might play you Derek 1st week of finals!

Nifty · 18/07/2016 at 18:57

Hey SnB, i must have you this week in JR Community FL..

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 19:53

Yeah I do! No easy games hey! Good luck Nifty should be good!

Nifty · 18/07/2016 at 19:55

You too mate, I'm not real confident after looking at your team though, be gentle..

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 13:45

Yeah keeping the same crew would be great as I said fierce competition.
        The guys on top r well and truly entrenched within the top 1000 teams.
        With a bit more luck with injuries and if Derek and myself started zerrett instead of wingard we would be right amongst it as a top top team.
        SnB if we do cross paths during the finals I hope u have an off day as that is a strong team u have there hence your ranking.
        Good luck.

Dean · 18/07/2016 at 18:00

TH can u please keep me in mind for your league next year. I haven't bothered with league over the last two years because I was just to good. lol

I need top class opposition, so keep me in mind for next season if there's room.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 15:18

The A Graders was a really good league this year. Neil put an end to my slim top 8 chances on the weekend with a great score. i was feeling confident i could make a late run for the title.

My biggest mistake this year was my starting team. I went far to deep in defense (Rich D4, BSmith D5 & Dea D6) because i didn't think there was any decent defense rookies. It turned out all the good rookies this year were in defense.

Ports easy draw also sucked me into start Wingard and Lobbe. Don't worry about draw next year!

Had a horror run with injuries, where last year i was one of the lucky ones with injuries early, so i think that makes a big difference. Next year i will sideways trade if a premium gets injured early. Can't afford to fall behind at the start. I will be thinking long and hard about players who have been injured this year. Puts in doubt Fyfe, Ablett, Rocky, Delidio, Crouch, Laird, Beams, Swan Wells etc for next year even if they are dirt cheap.

Gun's n rookies next year!

Steeeve · 18/07/2016 at 15:48

Port's early draw sucked me in too. Didn't get Lobbe thank Gaz but still have Wines and Wingard. Both have been underwhelming to say the least.

neil · 18/07/2016 at 16:22

you would still be favourite for the VFL title which will be very competitive. I can recall Hobbits from last year being strong right to the finish .In AGRADERS he is last with 5 wins could win the next two the league is that competitive .I think the two Carlton boys threw a lot of us in def also Derek

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 16:33

I had Simpson from the start in 2015 but decided against him this year. Probably if i didn't start with rich and Smith and went with rookies, i would have upgraded to the carlton boys. hurt my score by not getting them

hedski · 18/07/2016 at 14:39

A graders is my most frustrating league. 5th total points but 14th on ladder!
    Am 3rd in Hypochondria JR league which is similarly ranked so it's a week to week thing I guess.
    Been good challenging the guys who comment alot in the forums.
    Good luck to all for the rest of the season.

hedski · 18/07/2016 at 14:53

15th not 14th sorry Derek thats your spot.

neil · 18/07/2016 at 15:03

wow this just keeps getting better now hedsk i andsCaddict are members makes me feel relevant to be so close to Scaddict am in Hypo too out by per centage and playing top team never know. pretty good league if youre 14 makes the top 8 look real good Cheers

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 15:03

Haha that's the hard thing to take. If the ladder was just on scoring it would look so much different!!

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 15:03

Think I'm at the point now where I will put Rich on the pine & play a rookie. And to borrow a Crouching line "Never pick bastard again"

johnno2908 · 18/07/2016 at 16:39

I had him on the pine and had ruggles on ground on the weekend. Lucky to score above 50 really.

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 17:20

He was lucky to score over 50. Leppa should make an example of his horrible work rate & drop him

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 18:55

He's been on my never again list for a few years now. As good as he sometimes looks it just never works out as you hoped.

So I'll once again be preaching to anyone who'll listen next preseason not to pick him just like I did this preseason.

But there will be plenty of coaches who will be tempted by his price I guarantee it. Right now he is pretty much bang on his average of the past 3 years so he'll be similarly priced yet again around that $430K mark.

He'll probably tear the NAB a new one next preseason and plenty will jump on again lol!

Chicken Dinner · 18/07/2016 at 15:27

My league is 14th overall 🙁 not looking like getting pushing up to the top with a couple of people letting us down 🙁

Would like to be included in a few more high ranking leagues next year for the chance at a grand!

Tommo09 · 18/07/2016 at 15:39

Can get any forward except Merrett for my F7
I will loophole with Hall for the rest of the season, giving me cover across mids and fwds.
Which fwd should I get?
I have Martin, Wells, Zorko, Riewoldt, Buddy, Hall
Or should I get cover in defence and put Savage at D7?
After this I will have 2 trades left
I'm getting nervous

Steeeve · 18/07/2016 at 15:49

I'm looking at Joey (or waiting for Dahl) but if I was you I'd just hold onto my previous trades

Tommo09 · 18/07/2016 at 16:11

I am trading Barlow out for Zorko already and I thought I needed cover

tom · 18/07/2016 at 15:40

Hearing Stefan Martin may have broken ribs? Any truth?

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 15:58

Heard the same thing this morning Tom. You'll need to wait for scans. He's had a rough season big Stef

Kev · 18/07/2016 at 17:12

Come to tigerland, Michael! Swap for Vickery

Moustachio · 18/07/2016 at 20:55

"Ruckman Stefan Martin will have precautionary scans on his ribs after being collected in a heavy hit by Steve Johnson, but after playing the game out, should get the green light to play the Bombers."

From AFL site

Cam_H · 18/07/2016 at 16:19

Barlow out for the season. What a rollercoaster – but showed enough class for consideration for 2017 if Fwd eligible again perhaps?

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 16:28

If Fwd eligible then perhaps. The question is where will he be playing. Surely he's on the trade table

neil · 18/07/2016 at 17:31

lyon likes Hogan maybe neale/barlow and their 1st pick would do it particularly when its sweetened with the gift surely lyon would take that surely

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 18:41

Think the asking price for hogan would be significant. The gift could be the icing!

Jimmy · 18/07/2016 at 16:30

Community what do I do?? I have 5 trades left, 61k in the bank and have the following muppets in my midfield: Shiel, Wines, Libba and Cripps. I dont have Pendles, Selwood, Sloan, Neale. Cant afford any of them using one trade. Rest of my midfield consists of Danger, Parker, Hanners and Priddis. Do i just hold the muppets and hope for better scores given I only have 5 trades? Do I burn two trades to get one of these guns in (was thinking collins to whitecross and libba to pendles)? Do i trade one of these players for a sudo gun like trent cotchin, callan ward or adam treloar? (I can actually trade shiel to ward and libba to treloar)

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 16:58

Don't trade Cripps love his last 4 games stk Melb bris Ess!

Jimmy · 18/07/2016 at 17:29

I think I know what i am going to do but tossing up between two options; will burn the two trades;

1. Petracca and Collins out for Naismith and Sloan. As a result i give myself ruck cover and can put libba on the bench permanently as a solid ninth option.

2. Petracca and Libba out for Pendles and Naismith. Again i give myself that ruck cover and put in the second best mid in the comp while banking $115 k

Swans2012 · 19/07/2016 at 09:53

Option 1 for me, cover is priceless, the scoring gap between Sloan and pendle may be negligible

Simmo_mate · 19/07/2016 at 09:32

I think you should either take the risk and go all out to get danger and hope that your players don't get injured. The game is all about risks.

hedski · 18/07/2016 at 16:35

Barlow gone peoples, puts me well behind the 8 ball.
Only 2 trades left and no ruck cover.
1. Barlow => Zerrett
2. Barlow => Lycett
Bit worried about the whispers of Goldy needing another rest. Cheers.

Shake n bake · 18/07/2016 at 17:18

Not sure who u have on the pine but like me this week I had Libba & Ablett not playing but only traded Ablett. I had Patracca & Davis on the pine & used 1 of them. I know it's tough but maybe just use a bench player this week for Barlow.

hedski · 18/07/2016 at 17:29

Got tracca for cover or I can swing Sucklingpig from def and then loop rug/col for d6, with Barlow out for season though might as well keep trading, probably go Zerrett, hold one trade and hope goldy or gawn don't go down.

JJJ · 18/07/2016 at 19:41

Go Lycett

hedski · 18/07/2016 at 20:34

I'm tempted because I've always had an r3/f7 swing at end of season and its saved me but Zerrett is just suckin up those points

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 17:22

If Goldy gets rested just about the whole field munches a donut. Go Zerrett

FlyingHawkAssassin · 18/07/2016 at 16:43

Lids a chance to play this week, this is great news for everyone!

Simmo_mate · 19/07/2016 at 09:28

What is your source?

FlyingHawkAssassin · 19/07/2016 at 12:11

Richmond website

rick · 18/07/2016 at 16:52

Apparently Delidio is a chance to play this week, in that case or if he only misses 1.
Should we hold??

FlyingHawkAssassin · 18/07/2016 at 17:00

Definently hold trades are scarce and Lids has been going good was on 67 at half time last week dont forget!

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 17:28

Agree with Flying Hawk. Only get rid of him as a last resort

Jay · 18/07/2016 at 17:06

Just watched a replay of "Bounce". They said Priddis had a quad injury but that's the first I'd heard of it. Anyone else know anything?

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 17:21

First I saw of that was this morning. His scoring really slowed down so I wondered if he was hampered. He was heading for 140+

Redgumwon · 18/07/2016 at 18:40

I just got this off the match report for the Carlton v West Coast game match report at the AFL site

MEDICAL ROOM
    Carlton: Jacob Weitering was the major concern after he suffered a corked calf in the first term, but the sore youngster returned to the action and impressed in the second half in attack and will be managed this week.

West Coast: Jeremy McGovern hurt his thumb in the second quarter in a marking contest, although Adam Simpson played down the injury post-match, saying the important defender has been managing the issue for two years. Jack Darling landed heavily from a marking contest but he and Matt Priddis (quad) are expected to be fine to face

Tony · 18/07/2016 at 17:10

Hi guys. Full premo side with 4 trades left. Should I trade Josh J Kennedy to Zach Merrett. Ranked around 800 and looking good in all my leagues

Dean · 18/07/2016 at 18:07

Hold JJK and don't burn a trade mate.

Saundo · 18/07/2016 at 17:57

Have Lids and Stringer in forward line with no bench coverage, need to win this week but only have 3 trades left, please help me community!

Redgumwon · 18/07/2016 at 18:35

Richmond have said Lids may still play this week after his scan

Dean · 18/07/2016 at 19:20

Sit tight mate dont be burning trades when u have players out for 1 week maximum, As redgum stated Lids may play this week although I think they will rest him for 1 week and same with Stringer, he will be back to play next week.

If you had 6 trades id recommend getting rid of "The Package" Stringer but with only 3 trades left you will be crazy to trade.

Darren · 18/07/2016 at 18:12

Does anyone know how long Libba is out for, only got a handful of trades left?

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 18:41

Could return this week. Clubs are required to update their injury lists tomorrow so we'll probably have a better idea then with Thursday's team sheets being the ultimate test.

Last week he was listed as a test and the club probably played it safe and refrained from putting him on a plane to Cairns.

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 18:43

Should be back this week

Mick · 18/07/2016 at 18:23

Who do I get in for Barlow

Don't Blush Baby · 18/07/2016 at 18:38

Zerrett

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 18:42

x 2 if you don't have zerrett

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 18:44

Whoever you are missing out of Zerrett, Dusty, Zorko and Monty.

jezzahill · 18/07/2016 at 20:18

If you have those four, Gunston is a good option too.

Mick · 18/07/2016 at 20:36

I only have Dusty.

Mick · 18/07/2016 at 19:27

His in my mid

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 22:22

In that case I'd get an ultra premo mid if your budget allows such as a Sloane, Pendles, Jelwood type. Otherwise get in a value guy like a Gray, Ward, Parker, JPK etc.

Mick · 19/07/2016 at 10:54

I have Parker Pendles Selwood and can get anyone.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 19:34

Sounds like Delidio might be ok. Chance i will hold him, if he misses a week i still have Motlop on bench for cover.

This will let me trade Rich to Docherty……..ahhh…that sounds so good.

Mac · 18/07/2016 at 19:43

How many trades do you have before trades this week Derek? And whats your team look like?

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 21:24

Shaw, Bartel, Laird, McVeigh, Rich, BSmith (Collins, Lee)
      Danger, Pendlbury, JPK, Gray, Rocky, Sloane, Priddis, Hanners (Menadue, Joyce, Phillips)
      Gawn, Blicavs (Wyatt)
      Dusty, Delidio, Zorko, Franklin, Montagna, Wingard (Motlop, Greenwood)

Only 5 trades left

Will depend on Delidio's fitness if i trade him out to ZMerret. Otherwise i will move Rich onto Docherty.

I'm $6k short to go Delidio >> ZMerret.

Derek · 18/07/2016 at 21:34

both ZMerret & Docherty trades will also mean downgrading menadue to rookie, leave only 3 trades.

will depend on Delidio which i do

Tommo09 · 18/07/2016 at 20:10

I have 3 trades left
Do I get cover in defence or forward?
I have Hall at F6 and Savage at D6
Can get any fwd except Merrett and any backman
Thoughts? Do I trade or do I hold?

I N Pieman · 18/07/2016 at 20:48

Hold mate. You will want those trades. Warm bodies is a good thing

GoldRush · 18/07/2016 at 21:02

Hold, your gonna need them,even with bench cover.

Harrison · 18/07/2016 at 20:16

Z.Merret or Sloane for Barlow?

Rivo · 18/07/2016 at 20:36

Depends on your team and premo numbers. Both are in great form. Merrett not getting heavy tag though could get Mitch Robinson this week. Sloane looks hell bent on taking the Crows to another level. Maybe Sloane, just.

Harrison · 19/07/2016 at 10:54

Looking at Sloane and his run home.

pod · 19/07/2016 at 11:23

Sloane ahead of Zach

Rivo · 18/07/2016 at 20:33

Another stellar article Big Carl. I am slowly going insane with these injuries. Down to 5 trades and $9k. Team has a couple of holes though not sure to trade or hold. Defence the obvious target though bench has JS issues. Team:

D: Doc, Laird, Shaw, Rance, Rich, S.Collins (Broad, B.Williams)
M: Danger, Pendles, Selwood, Rocky, Parker, Gray, Hanners, Ward (Petraca, Trengove, Phillips)
R: Gawn, Goldy (Cox)
F: Dusty, Merrett, Zorko, Deledio, Montagna, Hall (Rose, Grimley).

Any advice appreciated!

Don't Blush Baby · 18/07/2016 at 21:36

Rich & Collins

Don't Blush Baby · 18/07/2016 at 21:52

are your problem

Rivo · 18/07/2016 at 21:52

Thanks though trading Rich & Collins to a Simpson & another rookie leaves D6 exposed still.

Davo · 18/07/2016 at 21:26

Best option for Barlow? Thinking of Buddy

I already have zerret, martin, hall, montagna, zorko

Thoughts Community?

Ben · 18/07/2016 at 21:50

Any good fwd/mid cover for under $355,000 ?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 22:01

Smith is your man

Ben · 18/07/2016 at 22:33

Good job security?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 22:52

If he keeps his spot when libba comes back this week yep.

Ben · 18/07/2016 at 22:55

Thanks trigger. Only 3 trades and unsure if i should outright trade lids (if not named) or grab some decent cover in smith. The cover could be more useful down the track. Going for overall

Northernsoul74 · 19/07/2016 at 10:11

I brought in Clay Smith last week. Should be solid cover if he can stay on the park. I reckon he's best 22 when he's fit.

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 10:20

do they have to be DPP?

Awkward price to get as a bench player.

A left field pick as Mid only is Issac Smith. Only $341k. But Hawks have good run home and expect him to improve and has potential to go big

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/07/2016 at 11:15

If don't need to be DPP other option is gaff.
      Big scores last couple of weeks.

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 11:22

Gaff $450k

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/07/2016 at 11:32

Geez didn't realize he had gone up that much.

pod · 19/07/2016 at 11:20

Motlop?

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 11:22

Motlop $366k

One Touch Wonder · 19/07/2016 at 11:31

JED ANDERSON
    $214k MID/FWD

Southern S · 19/07/2016 at 13:44

Scores 50's?

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 14:10

Anderson a good shout. Will do better than 50's. Very cheap.

Not sure what Ben wants or expects for under $350k

Leeds17 · 19/07/2016 at 14:55

Jeremy Cameron…?

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 15:48

Whitecross……?

Ben · 19/07/2016 at 22:37

Hey derek. Just want some decent enough bench cover for deledio (if he misses this week) to avoid a donut in the fwd line and provide additional decent support (80 odd points) as a mid/fwd for when players go down. Seems a waste to trade deledio to someone like hall for only one week

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 21:56

So looks like lids may even play this week.
Was ready to pull the trigger for zerrett and a lazy $600 in change.
Guess i will keep lids.
however really want zerrett.
If i bring him in for tracca would push wells/wingard into a f7/m9.
to get the cash need to trade collins down to a rook.
what do we think about hammelmann?
Big fwd playing for lions so should get games till end of season as sure to play the kids?
Anyone else? Not sold on williams.

johnny_z · 18/07/2016 at 22:00

Don't usually post my team, but be good to get second opinions on my moves this week.. Ranked 104th with 5 trades & 80k so it's make or break time

DEF: Docherty Shaw Boyd Laird Bartel McVeigh- Collins Brand
MID: Danger Pendles Hanners Sloane Rockliff Parker Ward Gray- Jansen Trengrove Greenwood
RUC: Gawn Goldy
FWD: Martin Zorko Deledio Montagna Buddy Hall- Menadue Phillips

Don't Blush Baby · 18/07/2016 at 22:18

Good Work till now, Would you look at a Hall to Zerrett ?

SCaddict · 18/07/2016 at 22:32

You're in great shape. I'd just sit back and wait for the inevitable injuries which will see you fly up the rankings as you will be able to patch up those holes that other coaches above you won't be able to, who traded their @rses off all season.

If Lids misses this week I'd definitely use one of those 5 trades to get Zerrett in. You don't want to field Menapoo if you can help it and sully that nice ranking you currently hold.

But if Lids plays I'd just hold this week.

The Ranger · 18/07/2016 at 22:48

Assuming you get no trades forced upon you from injuries I'd hold this week and then do one downgrade next week to raise some cash so that you might get the chance to do some luxury trading over the last few rounds.
    Good luck mate!

Rocksta · 18/07/2016 at 22:54

Don't need to trade

TRIGGER HAPPY · 18/07/2016 at 22:57

Yeah agree with the other comments just sit tight if have no injuries.
    Good looking team
    Like majority of teams vulnerable in the ruck but have trades to cover this.
    In great shape
    Good luck.

Moustachio · 19/07/2016 at 09:05

Try to bring in premo bench cover where you can, only if the price is right tho. Then loop scores.

johnny_z · 19/07/2016 at 10:52

Thanks for the input guys! Yeah I'll wait on the Deledio decision but can't see him playing.

Very tempted to go Collins to Williams and Menadue to merret. With hall as bench cover…

Swans2012 · 19/07/2016 at 10:59

Sounds like a good plan to me

Sarah · 19/07/2016 at 11:57

Probably leaves you too skinny with defence back up… Williams and brand security shaky

Don't Blush Baby · 18/07/2016 at 22:07

We thought there was going to be a shortage of rookie forwards , not so over the past weeks, but now a shortage of rookie mids – only Clarke atm

Leeds17 · 19/07/2016 at 06:02

Menegola should play this week & Francis too

Travsleftboot · 19/07/2016 at 03:16

1st season taking rank seriously and would love some advice from the experienced guys in this beautiful community!
Is it worth using 2 trades to bring in Lycett as bench cover for fwd/mid/ruck lines and loophole him with spud Robinson when not required for cover?
It would take me down to 2 trades with no other current injury concerns and Collins and Joyce as cover in def.
I feel like it's an advantage to cover possible future 1 week niggles ect but it is 2 valuable trades!

Swans2012 · 19/07/2016 at 07:25

I always like to work cover into my season (I've got sinkhole Sinclair as f7r3), if it was one trade I'd say go for it but 2 is a stretch when it leaves only 2. Consider Naismith if named and your dead set on gettin ruck cover, but otherwise the price is a little high IMO. That said I'm bringing in shaw this week and sending rich to d7 leaving 2 trades lol

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 08:56

What Swans said, usually a player you have had all year, like Rich, instead of being traded will move to your bench as you bring in your last premiums.

Rich and Robertson are good examples, didn't do as well as hoped, have dropped in value so worthless trading them, but on their day could pump out a good score.

Bench players at this time of year should be used differently than using bench players (usually rookies) early in season.

Early on everyone has a heap of rookies and we try and loophole a few of them to get a couple of chances at a half decent score. Later on the better rookies (Collins, Petracca) become bench cover if there is an injury to a keeper and avoid a donut or a sub score.

At the pointy end of season, bench players can be used more aggressively depending on who they are playing and when they play. EG if you have Lycett, you can put Goldy on bench this week with the E. If he does well, no drama, if he does poor, most people will have him on field and cop the poor score, those with Lycett can swing him on field and get another chance.

I wouldn't use 2 trades though, far to valuable.

Get your onfield as best you can and worry about bench later. This year cash has been hard to get, so everyone bench is light. I have Motlop as my only real bench cover.

Travsleftboot · 19/07/2016 at 18:56

Thanks guys, makes a lot of sense. I think it's the frustration of having Robbo on field and I just want to sit him on the bench haha
        I think I'm going to hold trades and pray that we have a couple of injury free weeks

chria · 19/07/2016 at 07:44

Is Shaw a must have at hos price??

I N Pieman · 19/07/2016 at 09:01

A player capable of massive scores at his price is a must. How have you survived so long without him

Moustachio · 19/07/2016 at 09:03

If you don't have shaw yet, delete team and spend rest of season ringing the game of thrones shame bell while taking a good hard look at yourself in the mirror.

Having said that – yes.

I N Pieman · 19/07/2016 at 09:33

Agree Moustachio. Was a must have in round 1

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 13:49

Would suggest Headache Heath is your No. 1 priority this week at a steal of $488K.

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 14:06

Is Shaw only $488k? Wow

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 14:15

That 46 back in Rd14 saw his price crash the last few weeks. In fact averaged 73 over his last 3.

But everyone had him (well other than chria) so wasn't much of a talking point. I'm sure another huge score is just around the corner though.

statMan · 19/07/2016 at 07:47

Some stats for those with trades left. Goals(scores) are down / defence trending

R7 Ave. 100.1

Cats 32.9
Roos 23.8
(contenders top 8)
Power 36.0
Saints 48.8

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 13:20

Thanks statMan. How about top team Supercoach scores both for and against? It might help with final trade decisions.

Surely the Lions would give up the greatest Supercoach points this season or is it the Dons?

Rivo · 19/07/2016 at 08:49

5 trades and $9k. Best defender under $486k? McVeigh, Bartel, another?

Looking at trading Cox & Collins to Naismith & McVeigh/Bartel/other.

Moustachio · 19/07/2016 at 09:01

Would have a good look at McDonald

Rivo · 19/07/2016 at 09:07

Thanks – he is on the up too.

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 09:46

TMac great pick

Chill · 19/07/2016 at 09:14

Pittard

Chill · 19/07/2016 at 09:30

Who has better JS Naismith or Markov?

I N Pieman · 19/07/2016 at 10:25

I'd say Markov. Tigers playing the kids. If Tippett comes back then Naismith probably makes way

Swans2012 · 19/07/2016 at 11:00

True but Naismith r/f might be worth the risk

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/07/2016 at 11:25

Anyone?
Tracca – zerett putting wells/wingard f7/m9
Collins – hammellmann or Williams or any other Def rook?
Leaves 2 to cover ruck.

Team would be:
Shaw, laird, doc Simmo, gibbo, mcveigh. (Brand, h/mann)
Danger, Parker, rocky, gray, pridda, Hannas, Sheil, , duncan. (Trengrove, phillips, stewart)
Gold, gawn. Wyatt.
Dusty, zorko, zerett, joey, wingard, lids. (Wells, jsos)

pod · 19/07/2016 at 11:29

Zach in, swing Wells to mid Phillips fwd

One Touch Wonder · 19/07/2016 at 11:34

Don't waste trades. Either keep Wells or get rid of him.

wondering · 19/07/2016 at 12:44

is there a third option get rid of wells or to keep wells or what

One Touch Wonder · 19/07/2016 at 13:38

Third option is to have him on bench. What he wants to do. I'm saying either have him onfield as one of the keepers or trade him to someone who is.

Clarky99 · 19/07/2016 at 11:40

Wells as F7 is a waste of 500k sitting on your bench, F7's are for 300k-400k players who have the ability to score big.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/07/2016 at 11:58

This late in the season he is insurance can loop with wingard and use when injuries or the general hits.
      Not worried about price now just that I got some cover for an injured fwd or mid
      Otherwise leave him on field and dpp tracca who may get u 60-70.

The Ranger · 19/07/2016 at 12:21

Have you considered Lycett?
        Less point generation potential but it gives you cover on three lines.

One Touch Wonder · 19/07/2016 at 13:39

Everyone is doing my SHARK MOVE

Moustachio · 19/07/2016 at 15:16

Wingard is the 300-400k player when many brought him in

Millicent · 19/07/2016 at 11:57

Best Defender out of Laird, now has missed 5 games through injury, Enright, will he be rested like Bartel or T. McDonald. Already have Shaw, Docherty and McVeigh and three prdinary defenders.

Clarky99 · 19/07/2016 at 12:06

Laird or TMac imo

Moustachio · 19/07/2016 at 15:15

TMcD in good form. Concerned about Lairds propensity for injury. Geelong like to rotate a rest through their defenders, Enright will likely get a turn soon you'd think.

Edward · 19/07/2016 at 12:26

Downgrade Gaz to Bont or Neale?

Clarky99 · 19/07/2016 at 12:30

Neale

oliver · 19/07/2016 at 13:06

6 Trades left, 172k in the kitty. Worth trading M McGovern down to Naismith and swing Grimely in to the forward line?

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 13:30

Maybe. Tippett is striving to be back for Rd21 although last week's injury list did say 6 weeks!

Goldy does look well below 100% so could always get rested again in the next few weeks. But then he could just play through it as the Roos desperately need another W soon.

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 13:34

Seemingly good news for Stef Martin owners with his named not added to today's updated Lions injury list.

(note not all teams had updated their lists at time of posting)

Though of course doesn't guarantee he will play this week with those sore ribs as he would need to get on a jet to Melbourne. So may still get rested like Libba did last weekend.

Also Lids is listed as a "Test".

TRIGGER HAPPY · 19/07/2016 at 14:19

Thanks addict.
    If all the test don't get up and the rumour floating that goldy may be rested could have at least one out on each line.
    Laird, pridda (not mentioned though)so should b OK, goldy, lids, Wells.
    Could b scary reading when teams announced.

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 14:23

Eagles and North still haven't updated their lists as of right now. You'll see a date at the bottom of each team's list. I doubt Goldy would show up there anyway. But got my fingers crossed that Pridda doesn't pop up there later this arvo.

Dahl still listed as 1-2 weeks away yet again so won't play this weekend by the looks.

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 14:39

i saw NicNat is a chance to play the week after this weekend.

Millicent · 19/07/2016 at 14:41

Surely no one has kept Nit Nat?

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 14:47

Could impact Lycett owners or those thinking about bringing him in this week for FWD/RUCK cover to replace spudlow.

We'll know soon enough once the Eagles update their injury list later this arvo.

Leeds17 · 19/07/2016 at 14:54

I've got Lycett on field up forward at the moment with the ultimate goal for him to be ruck cover… A move down to Naismith & a genuine premo into the FWDs is tempting

Derek · 19/07/2016 at 15:44

i have Blitz. Has been poor. Goldy not going great either. Could be worth a trade

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 15:52

What are your likely trade plans this week? I realise you need to see Thursday teams first but let's assume for now that Pridda, Lids and Goldy play but NicNat doesn't get up.

Moustachio · 19/07/2016 at 15:32

Not so sure about this, the "Lions Health Centre" was only updated 12th July. Guessing that the date listed on afl site is just the date they pull the info from the respective clubs site?

SCaddict · 19/07/2016 at 15:46

If you look at the Lions Health Centre list it doesn't have McStay on it so I reckon the AFL one is (more) up-to-date.

Also Beasely is showing as 3 weeks on the LHC and now 2 on the AFL list etc so they are different lists.

Either way these lists are only indicators at best. Nothing to stop the Lions announcing tomorrow that the scans have just come back and Stef has cracked ribs and will miss the next 3-4. But so far so good.

Moustachio · 19/07/2016 at 16:46

Ok thanks good intel 🙂

Tulendeena · 19/07/2016 at 16:42

Zerret / Dusty or Zorko?

Leaning towards Zorko for the extra cash to possibly upgrade Greene/Hall later on.
Already got Lids so not too keen on dusty as well

thoughts?