PatchCoachKingsLogoI am shattered. My score last week was a number that belongs in history books while talking about the early stages of the Spanish conquest of the treacherous jungles of South America

Unlike Hernan Cortes and the Conquistadors, I fought beasts far more treacherous than Aztec warriors, the beasts of the jungle and scurvy – late outs, Sunday 22s and an underperforming Paddy Dangerfield all brought me a shocking, awful, shameful score.

What rubbed salt into the would were my trades. I flicked Shannon Hurn, only for him to ton up last night.

My centrepiece trade from last week was Connor Menadue to Michael Barlow. I weighed up the shame of bringing him back in, I looked him square in the eye and said “it’s not your fault Ross hates you, mate”.

“Come home, Michael,” I told him.

He came in close, and during our embrace he whispered into my ear “I’ve got a broken finger and I’m out for a month. You’ve been pranked, bro. SUCKED IN!”

I told Connor Menadue to get out of my team weeks ago, but he hung around like a bad smell, tormenting me through the byes.

And finally, as I give him the eviction notice and throw his stuff to the kerb, forgoing the last two months’ rent just to get him OUT, I see him with a wad of cash stuffed in his back pocket as he walks towards the bus stop.

YOU SON OF A [muffled screaming]

patch1

THE NEWS

Firstly, for those of us who entered the Play At Home CoachKings game last night or have ever tried the game ….. Jock & Higgo –  TAKE A BOW. A most enjoyable one-game experience and hats off to the eventual winner. I’ll be trying my luck again next week.

home-3

CLICK HERE TO CHECK OUT THE BARRON’S COACHKINGS LINEUP FOR TONIGHT

In SuperCoach terms, this week has been reasonably nice to us this week with team selections – there’s very little on the news front that is troubling.

Some may be inconvenienced by Bailey Williams and Josh Dunkley finding themselves on the outer at the Dogs.

Sam Gray’s omission shouldn’t trouble anyone, as hopefully he’s been traded by now, and anyone mystifyingly still hanging on to Clayton Oliver needs to cash him in.

The big news this week is all in the “ins”. Jason Johanissen returns from his hamstring injury which will be huge for the Dogs. Give him a week or two to make sure he gets through games – he hasn’t played a VFL game yet on his return.

Saints defender Tom Lee is back, as is Kade Kolodjashnij, for those unfortunate enough to have him lingering in their backlines.

patch2

Also making news is the debut of the Son of the Son of Serge, Jack Silvagni. I’m not a huge fan of Jack’s name not starting with an S, but I think I speak for most when saying seeing a third generation player – and third in a line of legends – is a great look for the game.

Especially when their last name isn’t Hird, but we’ll let sleeping dogs lie.

THE PATCH-UP

Michael bloody Barlow. Son of the aforementioned sleeping dog. If you’ve got more than 8 trades, feel free to move him on and absolve yourself of any guilt. If you’re in my boat, with less than 8 trades, we’re gonna have to stick fat.

Tom Liberatore – is he a premo? In strict definitions, no. He won’t get anywhere near the top 10 averaging midfielders for the year and probably won’t average over 105. BUT, again with the trades thing. If you can spare the trades, you can spare flicking him. If you don’t, he won’t make a bad M8 or M9.

Daniel Wells has been brought up as a trade out option, not so much for his output as for his injuries. Hold. He may get a rest towards the end of the year, but I reckon you’ll gain so much more from keeping him.

Sam Kerridge will not be a keeper, despite being a jet. He will be brilliant cover if you need a swing man to provide M9/F7 positions, but he won’t be a starter. I’d probably recommend taking the cash and running, depending on your set-up. Christian Petracca is in the same boat.

Aaron Hall has dropped off, and Rocket has sent him back to fantasy irrelevance. I’m SO annoyed I went him over Merrett at the start of the year, and while Merrett is still in my side, unfortunately so is Aaron. I want to flick him, but I can’t. Hopefully I’ll be able to consign him to the bench.

TRADING PLACES

166 – Scott Pendlebury
165 – Tom Mitchell
142 – Matthew Boyd
138 – Jeremy Howe
137 – Matt Priddis

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

Well that didn’t go too well last week, did it? Despite not tagging Danger, he was restricted to 110 points by Alan Richardson’s men. Scott Pendlebury was almost silent in the Pies’ win.

Those of you thoughtful enough to have the C on Gary Ablett, bravo, and that’s exactly where the C or VC should be going this week.

My gut isn’t keen on Max Gawn this week against Sauce, and the other McCaptainface from Sunday’s game, Rory Sloane, will likely cop attention from Bernie Vince.

Dustin Martin is in a rich run of form at the moment and currently has my VC, and you could take a punt on Robbie Gray refreshing himself post-bye, although I wouldn’t bet on it.

If you’ve got the time or the agile fingers to make the switch from Dan Hannebery into Gaz, I applaud you – and would do so myself if I had the time or, for that matter, Dan Hannebery – but if you’re stuck in line at a polling station (#democracy, eh?) late in the day, fending off How To Vote cards you never know what might happen.

Speaking of the election – I have seen no mention anywhere of the parties proposing to up the number of Supercoach trades. In fact, it’s impossible to tell the major parties apart on Supercoach policy.

patch3

Unless I can be convinced there are other causes worth voting for, I will VOTE 1 GARY ABLETT JNR to Make My Supercoach Side Great Again.

That’s all from me, folks – have a ripper weekend.

SNEAKY MIDNIGHT UPDATE: As SCAddict (among others) have commented below, Jack Trengove is OUT of the Melbourne side for Sunday. Not injured, but dropped. Paul Roos twisting the knife here.

Word is Jack Viney is under an injury cloud so we may yet see Trengove come back in, but at this stage I wouldn’t count on it. Gutted.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 13:58

always my favourite article of the week. Thanks Patch

Multi_ · 01/07/2016 at 21:58

Mine also good stuff patch

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 23:18

Big M · 01/07/2016 at 13:59

Oh the dilemma
to get rid of DBJ or to keep him, not sure
already full premo in defence, so it seems too much $$$ to have sitting on the bench

hedski · 01/07/2016 at 14:09

Love the sc policy line reminds me I need to vote tomorrow. Damn. Cheers Patch always entertaining.

Tyler · 01/07/2016 at 14:19

I wasted my VC on Josh j Kennedy last night with a terrible 70 which especially annoying because it is was against Essendon :((

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:04

It was a 70 or a 170 from him, I'd have been surprised if it was in the middle mate. That's what the VC's for!

Cliffy · 01/07/2016 at 14:22

Always love the Simpson references and your articles Patch!

Need some advice mate and the community…

Have only had Tippa play last night (I have 18 exactly to field this Rd) and he didn't fair too well.

I currently have 8 trades left and 40k left in the kitty.

My team:

DEF: Shaw (BYE), Simpson, Docherty, Bartel (BYE), Laird, AMT (Collins (BYE), Tucker (BYE))

MID: Pendles, Ablett, Hannebery, Ward (BYE), Libba, Wines, Menadue, Trengrove (Danger (BYE), Jansen (BYE), DMacPherson)

RUCK: Gawn, Goldy (BYE) (Wyatt)

FWD: Martin, Barlow (BYE & injured), Deledio, Kerridge, Hall, Petracca (Wells (BYE), Zorko (BYE))

Was thinking due to my lack of trades I could hold off this week due to a low number of trades remaining for finals in my leagues, but at the same time it is really tempting to go Kerridge – Montagna, who has bottomed out now in price, and has a great run of opposition teams coming up.

So should I go for Option 1 in make this upgrade, or Option 2 hold my trades and look to make my last upgrades after this Bye has gone past since I'm already fielding 18 this week?

Cam_H · 01/07/2016 at 14:51

Cliffy,
    For what it's worth, I'm going Barlow to Montagna this week.
    Were you planning on using Barlow for the emergency loophole in the coming weeks?

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 23:17

Cheers Cliffy! Sorry I missed responding this arvo – I like Montagna in this week mate

The Master · 01/07/2016 at 14:34

I nearly traded him in to do the same thing, after reading One touch wonders write up but reversed and stuck to my original plan.
Dodged a bullet.Have VC on Ablett.

smart as s · 02/07/2016 at 08:55

the rule for a good supercoach side is never to get key forward like tex or jkennedy, however tempting it might be. they may get a 160 one week, but thats irrelevant

Hugh G Rection · 01/07/2016 at 14:35

I have 10 trades left. Thinking going bang bang bang with Benken, Kerridge and Davis out for Lids, Joey Montagna and Phillips. Go all 3 or be a bit more conservative and get Lids down the track

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:06

Like that, mate! Pull the trigger!

bUCKET__ · 01/07/2016 at 15:11

Don't hold back son, go large and trade away

Hugh G Rection · 01/07/2016 at 15:30

Bang

Jabba07 · 01/07/2016 at 15:17

With 10 trades, bang bang bang

Hugh G Rection · 01/07/2016 at 15:30

And BANG

Harry · 01/07/2016 at 17:11

Brilliant trades. Don't hesitate for a second

TRIGGER HAPPY · 01/07/2016 at 14:37

Super stuff patch. Gee that was the perfect storm you couldn't have have conjured that. What did you do to p!ss off the SC gods so much?

Patch as our elective with more SC trades and the end of byes over 3 weeks. 1 week off for all teams Rd 13. You've got my vote! It would be a landslide win.

Will look for your name on the ballot paper tomorrow.

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:08

Cheers Trigger! It's never been a more exciting time to be a Supercoacher

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 14:40

If Barlow is out until round 19, I think I may as week trade him to Sloane this week and get Zorko next week to take his place in forward line.

Anyone know how long he will be out for?

Southern S · 01/07/2016 at 14:51

Well it said 2-3 weeks I thought, but now it's gone up to 4 weeks?

So he'll miss rounds 15,16,17 and 18.

Hopefully he comes back in 3 though so round 18 instead of 19 but that's optimistic I guess. I'm keeping him due to having low trades but also decent cover.

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:09

Not a bad replacement mate. Really liking the look of the Sloane Ranger

johnno2908 · 01/07/2016 at 15:17

I agree Derek, I think if you want to win he has to go. He can be traded to one of many super premiums for little or no cash.

I really want to keep him, especially seeing I went early on the Wells injury, so I am skeptical of trading Barlow as he is top scoring forward over last 3/5 weeks.

I only have 18 on field this week and that includes Joyce, Phillips, Trengove and Petracca and I am currently 450 points off overall lead.

If I keep Barlow, I get 4 rookie scores. If I trade Barlow to Hanneberry this week and he scores 120+, that is a ~80 point gain on the leaders I will not get if I keep him.

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 15:23

I believe you may have a few more trades than most Derek so I'd pull the trigger as I'm guessing you may need some league wins after that rough start to the season.

Hard to argue with Sloane and Zorko who should present as awesome ins for the Bunnies.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 16:59

Thanks SC. Yep, got 11 trades so I think I'll trade Barlow to Sloane to complete midfield.

That will give me 22 players this week, will actually have Menadue and Phillips on bench in forward line, so can't even loophole them. Dugh

bUCKET__ · 01/07/2016 at 14:45

VCing Gaz right before Hanners is the reason I went to vote early absentee. Love your work Patch. Put Lyon Last!

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:28

#priorities – love it!

Matt · 01/07/2016 at 14:45

10 Trades 140k. Trade options – 17 playing and Tippa's 37 doesn't help.
Def: Tippa, OMcDonald, RICH, BARTEL, Laird, TUCKER, (H SHAW, COLLINS)
Mid: Priddis, Hanners, Ablett, Pendlebury, R Gray, J Smith, J Trengove, J JANSEN (DANGER, ROCKLIFF, BARLOW)
Ruck: Gawn, S MARTIN, (Grimley)
FWD: Montagna, D Martin, Petracca, Kerridge, Hall, Deledio (WELLS, ZORKO)

I'm thinking to give me 19:
Jansen>Phillips
Tucker>McVeigh
Only leaves me with 9K in the bank. Any other thoughts? Cheers.

Jabba07 · 01/07/2016 at 15:14

With 10 trades I think Phillips is solid as you have heaps of trades. I only have 6 so Phillips is of no interest – I am probably not going to ever sell him so he becomes my M9 or M10.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 17:00

Nice

Jabba07 · 01/07/2016 at 14:54

Down to 6 trades. Is Daniel Rich a viable D6? Community, please assist.

johnno2908 · 01/07/2016 at 15:03

with 6 trades left, I would say yes. 15th highest scoring defender for the year. Plays mid. Who would you trade him to that is going to average more than 85?

Jabba07 · 01/07/2016 at 15:12

Its a nightmare, I had Dahlhaus, Tippett and Nic Nat all go down in the one week. I'm ranked 500 overall but struggling in my most important league with my mates! My dilemma is that I am 5th in my league (yes bad luck H-2-H), playing 6th so its an 8 point game. If I trade Rich, who is not playing, I will maybe win and cement my position in the 8 as I only have 17 on field right now. However this reduces me to 5 trades and Rich is someone I wasn't planning on ditching – I still have Tippa (who was horrible last night and has to go). I have 86k in bank. I'd trade Rich for McVeigh or even punt on JJ….Grrrrr!!!

Jabba07 · 01/07/2016 at 15:15

My other option is to go Ruggles or Bailey Williams to Phillips who gets a game this weekend and DPP and upgrade Tippa later on. Ideally Id' keep Ruggles as bench cover…. But with only 6 trades not sure if this is plain dumb to cash up….

johnno2908 · 01/07/2016 at 15:37

I like McVeigh, although for some reason Longmire chucks him in the forward pocket every now and then. I still have NicNat, so he has to go next week.

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 15:16

Can't handle a tag like Zaka last night but if you're already got him I'd just hold for now and perhaps upgrade around finals time, if you still have a spare trade or two up your sleeve at that time.

An 85 average for an onfield defender whilst not ideal is certainly tolerable. You just wouldn't want to have to depend on him in a big final as that's probably when he'll spud it up for you.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 17:00

He's not that bad

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 15:03

I felt the agony too Patch last week with outs like Zorko, Hopper and Stewart although you took that to a whole 'nother level I see.

Thanks for fronting up like the true soldier that you are to prepare this fine article each week and not curling up in the foetal position, quivering in some dark corner.

Steeeve · 01/07/2016 at 15:20

Nice work last night Addict, thought you had it for a while there!

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 15:35

Thanks Steeeve. My rev up of JJK at HT didn't work out as hoped but considering I only decided to give CoachKings a spin for the first time about 30 minutes before lockout I'm sure glad I did.

Already looking forward to next Thursday's play at home game Port v Hawks.

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:35

I've had a lot of practice typing in the foetal position, Addict! But thank you, it's always a pleasure!

JDP · 01/07/2016 at 15:04

Who do you like better – BROAD or JOYCE
purely for the coin

Cheers

Valasaraptors · 01/07/2016 at 15:16

Broad will score more and most likely play more

Jabba07 · 01/07/2016 at 15:18

I reckon Joyce….. do you have Phillips already?

JDP · 01/07/2016 at 15:40

I do. Doesn't look to be many downgrades at moment…..

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:37

I tossed a coin and got Broad – neither will do much good for you I don't think!

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 15:44

I'd say the loser of the election has better job security than Broad or Joyce….

bUCKET__ · 01/07/2016 at 15:10

I'm like 60% leaning to going Danger -> Treloar, oh boy wowee.

Steeeve · 01/07/2016 at 15:21

How much cash do you think Danger will bleed?

bUCKET__ · 01/07/2016 at 15:45

Reckon he'll lose ~100k over next few weeks, if so it'd be possible to paint the fence to get him back (Libba & SCollins). Big if there, mind you. Wouldn't be a surprise to see him avg 140 over the next few either.

But it gives me cash to straight swap Wines to Pendles in the next couple, as well as having 18 on-field this week. 10 trades to burn for upgrading my underperforming premos.

Liam · 01/07/2016 at 16:33

Traded him to Hanners myself. I have feeling it could work, in saying that it probably won't.

bUCKET__ · 01/07/2016 at 17:22

That last sentence is basically the slogan of my entire season, Liam!

Garry · 01/07/2016 at 15:21

Do we trade out Brodie Smith if we have 18 playing? To maybe a simpson type player

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 15:26

If you can get that done I'd do it

hedski · 01/07/2016 at 15:36

Traded him to doch yesterday.

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:37

He'll be good mid/def cover if you can hold him, but if you have the trades to burn, burn them

Harry · 01/07/2016 at 17:17

It depends on your setup. Personally I have just reevaluated him to a D7. Will be getting JJ in maybe 2-3 weeks. I'm keeping him and hoping the odd loophole will work. But I have McKenzie so he's the loophole option. You need to have a non playing D8 to make it work

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 15:25

Loved the article as always Patch. Damn Menadue. I share your pain. Showed him the door recently too. Prick. Hope he's back to him usual 30's ASAP. Also a Barlow owner & really don't want to get rid of him. Bugger it

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:38

Cheers I N! It's a right old pain in the arse, innit? Rockliff all over again!

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 15:43

Funny you should say that mate. Last year Rocky & Sloane absolutely burnt me to a crisp. And they are now both in my midfield again. Its not easy being stupid

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 15:52

Ditto Pieman, had them both. Actually I started with Sloane, he got injured, traded him out, he came back, traded him back in, he got injured again, traded him out again. Sucker for punishment

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 16:03

Indeed Grahame. And now I've come back for more

Tommo09 · 01/07/2016 at 15:33

Patch what did you end up with last week?
I only got 1607

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 15:56

Some 70 points less than that…

Tommo09 · 01/07/2016 at 15:59

Really?
      You will bounce back like the legend you are

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 17:01

Cheers Thommo!

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 15:42

He could possibly go up in price

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 15:46

He could Grahame. 2 of the last 3 he's covered it

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 15:55

I reckon he will go close its only 30 odd above his average

He man · 01/07/2016 at 15:49

Keep Priddis score or take a punt elsewhere?

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 16:11

In a round without Danger I'd bank it

Dont Blush Baby · 01/07/2016 at 16:18

Thinking same,especially in a bye round and I'm in a big money league and really only concerned about head to head

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 16:36

I'll offer the contrarian view.

I'm in the same boat but Gaz in ripping form at home against the fantasy point leaking Saints (who also really struggle on the road) looks hard to resist.

Not sure Pridda's 122 is quite enough to ward off temptation for mine with Gaz now seemingly getting back to his best.

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 17:02

Agree, would go Gaz!

bUCKET__ · 01/07/2016 at 16:00

Historically low-scoring against a strong Swans midfield. Also, how many players have stayed over the 700k mark for too long? He'll be breaking records if he goes up in price. And not just his all-time high of 122 against the Swans, but the all-time priciest player record.

Top form? expect a Tom Mitchell tag (sorry Mitchell owners)

Is Danger capable of doing it? Sure! Priced to avg 140ish, has beaten that 4/14 games this year. Does it seem likely on evidence that he will? Maybe 40% likely… those aren't bad odds 😉

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 16:08

OK bUCKET fair point, must likely won't reach
    170. But let's keep things positive and look on the bright side. Tommy Mitchell could tag Selwood instead. Danger could hopefully go bananas and whack out another freaky score. As long as he pumps out a ton its all good.

Frances · 01/07/2016 at 16:07

Got 21 playing with 9 trades left (2 left for the round)

Is it worth going Kerridge > Montagna despite having Barlow and Wells, simply due to break evens??

Need to upgrade one left down back but waiting on Shaw/Williams/JJ in next few weeks

Other dilemma is Cripps and Libba, is it worth upgrading to a Treloar or even sideways to Parker?? For my last mid spot

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 17:04

Barlow will be out for 3-4 weeks. Not holding him. Has made nice coin, trading him

Harry · 01/07/2016 at 17:20

I think we've got every scrap out of Kerridge. He's been great but you either upgrade him to Montagna this week or never. I've done it

Jonathan Camac · 01/07/2016 at 16:10

Patch for PM! Like if you would give him a vote #getaroundhim

johnny_z · 01/07/2016 at 16:14

Simpson or go more pod in Boyd?
I don't think dogs will rest him. They have already, had the bye then one week before finals should do him

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 16:20

The MRP rested him. He's a solid choice

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 16:33

Was my first DEF upgrade this year and he has been very good. Not worried about JJ coming back or being rested. Bought a JJ voodoo doll today and it currently has about 1000 pins sticking into both its hamstrings, apologies to JJ owners

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 16:52

I have both but would stick with the rock solidness of Simmo who rarely misses a game. In fact has only missed 5 games in the past 11 years which must be right up there for playing % over the course of a decade. Oh and he's also in career best form and sharing the load down back beautifully with Docherty.

Whilst I obviously think Boyd is a sensational pick too there are also a few more variables with the shifting Dogs defence dynamics. But both guys are superb choices so just pick who your instinct likes best as there is nothing between them pricewise.

johnny_z · 01/07/2016 at 17:42

I've went Boyd! Hoping Simpson drops off never averaged 100 in his career and need to make some different choices!

Cheers

Big M · 01/07/2016 at 16:19

this is my back line
Heath Shaw
Rory Laird
Sam Docherty
Kade Simpson
Jimmy Bartel
Marcus Adams
Darcy Byrne-Jones
Samuel Collins

Big M · 01/07/2016 at 16:24

But who to would be the question
    thinking Nathan Broad – but that goes against the rule of not picking until on the buble

Matt · 01/07/2016 at 17:02

Are you calling Adams a premo? I don't think so

Big M · 01/07/2016 at 17:14

well, yer, ya right, but he's ok for now

Dickin Cider · 01/07/2016 at 16:22

Team is

shaw bartel laird simpson docherty adams collins joyce
danger pendles ablett parker ward sloane libba kerridge trengove stewart d.cuningham
goldy gawn cox
martin barlow hall zorko montagna petracca menadue phillips

1 trades and 342k in bank

Should i go bang bang this week or just upgrade Petracca/Kerridge. Was gonna wait for Hanners price drop but also like Kennedy as i think he could come home with a bang and is a POD option.
Adams can wait as I want to see how JJ goes for his first game back.

Thanks community

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 23:21

Hope that's one trade for this week mate! You look pretty set as is and could hold off one more for the Kedge upgrade

Neverweaken · 01/07/2016 at 16:42

What do they tell us every year. Trades are vital, trades are vital. Trades are vital. Might that tattooed backwards on my chest so I can read it every morning in the mirror.
And 'Don't chase last weeks points. Don't chase last weeks points.'

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 17:07

I might have said that a few times. I held rocky and laird and Wingard and rich and JPK and Barlow while they were out, just so I'd have trades at the end. Now I've got plenty of trades but a poor rank.

There is a balance

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 17:16

How many trades u got left Derek?

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 18:47

After this weeks 2 trades. I got 10

Grahame Lebroy · 01/07/2016 at 19:11

Nice work, reckon u will have another strong finish to the year

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 17:22

True Derek. You can't have both. The gods don't allow those things to happen

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 23:22

Yep – planning your trades even more vital. I've had a ripper run with injury this year but somehow have had the trades slip from my grasp.

Chill · 01/07/2016 at 16:43

Keays and Davis to Ablett and Phillips.
That felt good.

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 16:52

BANG!

Dean · 01/07/2016 at 16:48

With Dunkley & Williams out it looks as though I will only be firelding 17 bloody players. I got rid of Barlow for Merritt & now I am strongly considering of trading Rioli to Montagna because its the cheapest we will get Montagna.

That will see me with 18 players, but only 6 trades.

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 23:23

If that's full premo six trades should see you through, Deano. But a tough call. I'd cop the week of 17, myself

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 17:04

Deary me Jack Trengove omitted. Well so much for that supposed solid job security!

Geez Roosy couldn't you wait at least one more week until the byes are over.

hedski · 01/07/2016 at 17:11

Yep. "I've got that Zorko feeling"
    17 again this week :'(

I N Pieman · 01/07/2016 at 17:20

Geez. That really messes up everything. Roos & Ross are eerily similar

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 17:29

Yep and he keeps pumping games into that space cadet BenKen instead who barely touched it back in Rd13.

How did he win a flag at Sydney??

Dean · 01/07/2016 at 17:22

oh WHAT the hell, so even if I trade Rioli to Montagna as I was going to do in order to have 18 players. I'm still stuffed now that Trengove has been omitted.

So much for planning BYE rounds this happens every bloody year. Here is my team:

DEF: Docherty, Simpson, Rance, Laird (SHAW, RICH, COLLINS, WILLIAMS)
    MID: Pendles, Hannebery, GAJ, Steven, Libba, Wines (DANGER, WARD, TRENGOVE, DUNKLEY, MATHIESON)
    RUCK: Gawn, Cox (GOLDY)
    FWD: Martin, Z Merrett, Hall, Phillips, Montagna (MOTLOP, WELLS, WYATT)

What are your thoughts SCaddict? ADVICE needed badly and appreciated.

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 17:40

You're in bit of a bind Dean. I'd probably just suck it up like I'll be doing with my RDT side that only has 17 now after the Trengove omission. Who knows maybe Viney will be a late out and we will get a last minute reprieve.

Depending on your trade situation and bank balance you could look at upgrading either Rich or Motlop to a top 8 defender/forward contender. But other than that I reckon you'll just have to take your lumps this round mate. Definitely get Monty in this week as his price is set to soar after this round.

Plenty will feel the bite of the Trengove drop this round so at least we'll have heaps of company in that misery!

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 17:23

Thats weird I thought he was a sure thing?

bUCKET__ · 01/07/2016 at 17:25

Wishin' on that Viney late-out rumour now

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 17:31

That's the only lifeline we've got now bUCKET. 🙁

Nervous Coach · 01/07/2016 at 17:26

Awesome article again Patch. I have 19 playing including 37 from AMT. Thinking of trading Adams to Pittard or should I wait til next week and get Williams from GWS for the same price. Thoughts !!!!. I also have Kerridge and Barlow and was thinking of keeping them because they are capable of scoring 100+ but everyone seems to be trading them. Thoughts!!

Dean · 01/07/2016 at 17:36

I cant see the point keeping Barlow seeing he is going to be out for 4 weeks, plus I don't trust Ross the liar Lyons, if he was out for a couple then I would have held on to him.

Nervous Coach · 01/07/2016 at 18:41

Thanks Dean. Do you think I should trade Adams or KK for Pittard?

Mac · 01/07/2016 at 17:30

Sloane a good option for mids?

Dean · 01/07/2016 at 17:31

bloody oath mate.

Patch · 01/07/2016 at 23:24

^Dean's hit the nail on the head. Lock him in!

tom · 01/07/2016 at 17:39

JPK, Treloar, Cotchin or Sloane?

Who is the best option.

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 17:52

I'd go sloane?

Andrew · 01/07/2016 at 17:40

Trengove is a mutt

Shake n bake · 01/07/2016 at 17:42

I did it last night! I went danger to priddas & banked 230k
Now I have 600k in kitty will be doin tucker to Docherty
which will leave me with just over 250k & 10 trades left.
Then after rd 16 I'll bring danger back for libba.

hedski · 01/07/2016 at 17:55

Madness!!!
    Genius???
    Ballsy? YEP.
    Time will tell Shaker you have a good supply of trades there.

steve1 · 01/07/2016 at 18:00

Holy smokes, whacking the old aggots on the table there

Shake n bake · 01/07/2016 at 18:25

Was at work all afternoon ytday & thought will l won't l!!
    & pulled the trigger 5 mins b4 bounce.

Mudguts · 01/07/2016 at 18:34

Brave! Can't make myself do it because something will happen and I will never get him back in the side, but good luck to you. Serious cojones!

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 17:51

How do the community think JJ will fair?

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 18:08

Should hopefully pick up where he left off but I'd be a little trigger shy to bring him in this week at the SCG.

You hate for him to do another string early in the game trying to bomb away from outside 50 again without playing a lick in the VFL.

Also has a highish BE of 114 so unlikely to increase much in price next week and should be even cheaper. Although I realise bye wise you may need to make the call this weekend.

I reckon Rance and Laird are safer options for similar coinage but JJ will certainly be a POD. Whether that ends up being a good POD or a bad one only the fantasy gods know that answer right now.

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 18:44

Thanks mate!

Patrick · 01/07/2016 at 17:53

Dusty, Gawn, Hunter, Joey

Who do I put the VC and C on

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 18:45

VC Dusty C Gawn

Mudguts · 01/07/2016 at 17:55

Jack Trengove out. Why do they do it to us on bye weeks?!

steve1 · 01/07/2016 at 17:57

awesome! I now have 13 on field this week.

Craig · 01/07/2016 at 17:58

With trengrove out, how many is everyone fielding this week?

Mark · 01/07/2016 at 17:59

Craig · 01/07/2016 at 18:03

Wow. I've got exactly 18 (for now) and not happy, but could be worse

Iamme · 01/07/2016 at 18:17

Dean · 01/07/2016 at 18:19

Only 17 and I traded Rioli out for Montagna which I didn't want to do, I originally always thought I would have 19 however with Trengove & Dunkley now on the emergency list I'm stuffed.

Iamme · 01/07/2016 at 18:01

Zaharakis why are you so…. BLOODY CRAAAPPP????

Goodbye, Farewell, Bon voyage and good riddance to you….. Sunday night can't come quick enough!

SCaddict · 01/07/2016 at 18:18

Was probably always going to be a stepping stone to a proper keeper so I gave him the boot a few weeks ago and brought back the Rocksta. Just can't handle a hard tag without the HepDs and Watsons of the worlds by his side.

Can still easily ton up when left alone but too many opposition coaching groups have been unwilling to allow that to happen in the past few months so I reckon he's likely to infuriate more often than satiate in the road home.

hedski · 01/07/2016 at 18:38

I'm with ya. CHOP.

Mudguts · 01/07/2016 at 18:13

Doh, missed the earlier comments regarding the missing Jack.

Mitch · 01/07/2016 at 18:14

Trac to Lids?
Something tells me him playing predominately forward will effect his scoring. Change my mind community!

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 18:42

Can get lids cheaper in a few weeks

Laurie · 01/07/2016 at 18:16

Great article Patch as always I wait until Friday's before I trade to read this.
Help please I too bought Barlow last week and have a conundrum.
Which two should I trade out?
Either Barlow or Wells for Dusty
Kerridge or Hall for Sloane

Seriously killing me which two to let go of as the remaining one out of each will probably stay till the end

Brett · 01/07/2016 at 18:42

Ruggles swing adams to d6 – lids in

Or

Gresham to hanners

Pat Mc Groin · 01/07/2016 at 19:01

Need some advice. Got 8 trades left & $237k gotta go all in to charge to the finals, what does the community think of these trades. Libba to Sloane & Keyes to SOS V2, already moved on Ryan davis for Phillips.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 19:08

Trengove to Phillips?

Shake n bake · 01/07/2016 at 19:12

Who were you goin to trade for Phillips before Trengove went out?

Dont Blush Baby · 01/07/2016 at 19:28

I was going Dunkley to Phillips , but now ? probs still will

Shake n bake · 01/07/2016 at 19:50

Still be doin Dunkley, I got rid of him last week for Phillips went a week early for 2 reasons thought Dunkley would be dropped & it gave me 20 players with Phillips in last week.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 20:07

Gresham

Millicent · 01/07/2016 at 23:32

Methinks Trengrove will replace Viney who has a slight hamstring issue so wait and be careful.

gator59 · 01/07/2016 at 19:15

What's the talk about Rockliff wanting to go to St Kilda next year..

pod · 01/07/2016 at 19:48

good news for Saints, maybe the new stadium at Moorabbin won him over

Multi_ · 01/07/2016 at 22:07

I dont think hes saying he wants to but his management will try and get a big offer off someone and then force the lions to pay more.
    Safe to say if Rocky leaves they really have issues

NorthMelb · 01/07/2016 at 19:21

which option would be better, keep kerrage or trade him to franklin.

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 19:30

I think the best option for you is to learn how to spell!

True words · 01/07/2016 at 19:40

Gavin dont be a dick on this great forum

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 19:42

ok dick

JockR Mod · 01/07/2016 at 19:44

Warning Gavin .

Multi_ · 01/07/2016 at 22:08

Trade him not convinced on buddy though

Hubba · 02/07/2016 at 22:34

I hope you traded dude .. The consensus around here is that it was time to move on kedge this week if you hadn't already

Paul96 · 01/07/2016 at 19:38

Great article as always Patch! I had a shocker yesterday, trading in Merrett at Barlow's expense and then reversing at the last second. Should have kept the faith 🙁

Ill get him in next week, however there is a decent chance I may have to move on Barlow to get an important league win. Have been eyeing Jenkins and Tex for a while now, and their run home just looks so tantalizingly good.

Who would the community go for out of those two? Or is there a better option?

In the Nick of time. · 01/07/2016 at 19:46

Sloane or Dusty??

pod · 01/07/2016 at 19:49

VC for Dusty tonight

johnno2908 · 01/07/2016 at 19:52

Barlow to Hanneberry, JPK or Treloar? Or left field Taylor Walker, Lance Franklin. Can be any position up to $610k

Current team:
DEF: Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Laird, McVeigh, Collins (Ruggles, Joyce)
MID: Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Sloane, Parker, Priddis, Rockliff, BARLOW (Rich, Trengove, Phillips)
RUCK: Gawn, NicNat (Wyatt)
FWD: Dusty, Zorko, Deledio, Montagna, Greene, Hall (Petracca, Grimley)

Multi_ · 01/07/2016 at 22:09

Can you wait a week for hanners who may drop another 20k? Safest option

johnno2908 · 01/07/2016 at 22:48

I only have 17 playing this week if I dont. Plus the points I dont get if I wait

Multi_ · 01/07/2016 at 23:05

Fair enough i still like hanners out of all your options.
        Personally im holding barlow but i only have 7 trades left and copping the 17 players because of bloody trengrove

Dean · 01/07/2016 at 20:03

Is FanFooty down, its not loading my end…

FlyingHawkAssassin · 01/07/2016 at 20:04

Wines and menadue make me cry

The master · 01/07/2016 at 20:12

menapoo might just back it up, pardon the pun. The poo has definately hardened

pod · 01/07/2016 at 20:14

next captain

pod · 01/07/2016 at 20:12

GOT THE POO

poloko48 · 01/07/2016 at 20:14

Not watching the game – is Lids actually playing? 0 stats almost 1/4 time.

pod · 01/07/2016 at 20:34

Lids 11 points

Dont Blush Baby · 01/07/2016 at 20:17

Anyone thinking of trading in Connor Menadue ? I have him already ,great POD !

pod · 01/07/2016 at 20:18

I'm considering MID lock

pod · 01/07/2016 at 20:25

Tigers mids looking elite unit with Cotchin, Martin, Menadue, Miles.

Dean · 01/07/2016 at 20:30

Is FanFooty working guys?

pod · 01/07/2016 at 20:32

Yes Im on smartphone

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 20:51

Not working for me?

CaPtKaOs · 01/07/2016 at 21:09

Menadue outscoring Dusty and Lids. Does that make him a premo now?

pod · 01/07/2016 at 21:20

I'm loving the cash making potential, pod rookie!!

Multi_ · 01/07/2016 at 21:58

The more he makes the better my F7 will be when i use the cash i have on him keep it up

Gavin · 01/07/2016 at 22:16

Menapoo back to scoring shit like usual

Egghead · 01/07/2016 at 23:26

Ha, ha

Steeeve · 01/07/2016 at 21:12

Come on Lids, it's bad enough filling 16 without my new premo shitting the bed

Mojoboob · 01/07/2016 at 23:24

Being the champ he is Steeeve, he came good.

The master · 01/07/2016 at 21:50

menadue has menapaused

Multi_ · 01/07/2016 at 22:28

Hes like where's wally really hard to find on the field and when you do hes doing bloody nothing

johnno2908 · 01/07/2016 at 21:52

Maric… 74% game time, 0 possessions. Has anyone ever played a full game and got 0 touches before?

Billioux · 01/07/2016 at 23:28

Simmo,who i love played his 1st 4 games 0 poss

Steeeve · 01/07/2016 at 23:38

Much less game time but true, at least for his first three.

tophawk · 01/07/2016 at 22:36

Connor Menadue………wtf?

I thought last week was just a bit of a fluke………..

The guy that has gone from a menaSPUD to a menaSTUD last week.

And now? Maybe a it was a fluke…………

On the watchlist….for 2017 season.

Shake n bake · 01/07/2016 at 22:46

Well last week he had 5 touches in the last half & scored 56pts this week 3 touches in last half and scores 11pts.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 23:09

Have Menadue on my bench this week, after that effort he can stay there and McGovern gets a run.

Although at Quarter time was on 31.

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 23:15

Do I have McGovern or Phillips on field?

Shake n bake · 02/07/2016 at 09:53

I'd go phillips

wombatsfc · 01/07/2016 at 22:50

You're a bloody ripper Patch, you ALWAYS deliver a laugh no matter how dark the outlook. I might have to upgrade Barlow to 3rd Gen just to get 16 on field. The only upside is that even with McTips 37 I'll win my league against a bloke with 20

Derek · 01/07/2016 at 23:06

Delidio did good. Still only in 7.4% of teams. Surprised still a POD

Millicent · 01/07/2016 at 23:21

I am happy about that fact Derek. I got him in when Dahlhaus went down. Perhaps because he is SC forward having lost his Mid/fwd status? He started dreadfully tonight but Hardwick must have moved him to the middle because he was starved of opportunities. Also his opponent played him close to the boundary. I rate him. His BE is about what he scored tonight. He will perform better in improved weather conditions. The ordinary conditions suited Wines and Co.

Billioux · 01/07/2016 at 23:30

i got Lids, Lucky score. Cheap 3/4 points, Awful 1st half

u okay hamo? · 01/07/2016 at 23:56

Anyone else think Hamish McLachlan sounds like he's hyperventilating when he laughs?

Multi_ · 02/07/2016 at 00:00

I know we keep bringing this up but do we actually think barlow can score as well as he has in the last few when he comes back?

Alex · 02/07/2016 at 00:41

I have 11 trades but I still want to hold Barlow am I crazy? Petracca to Merret next week sees me full premo.

Juzzy · 02/07/2016 at 03:00

Not crazy at all.
    If you are full premo next week with 10 trades in the bank hold Barlow.
    Could be a valuable loophole player while he is out and also when he gets back if you have a non playing forward or mid.

smote · 02/07/2016 at 02:06

Great stuff Patch….. Tonight it was good to see some of the fantasy relevant Power lads crack the ton. Took a punt on Wines this week thinking the Power might finally get their poo together. Can anybody see their guns playing consistently from now on or did i just get them on a good week against an average team?

Juzzy · 02/07/2016 at 02:46

Dammit !
Trengrove was supposed to a midfield bench lock. Now he is out I am down to 17 this week.
I have a strong urge to trade Trengrove or Jansen down to Joyce (opening all possible swingsets).
My team is set with decent cover on all lines but I only have 6 trades left which is concerning.
Is an extra 50ish points from a guy who might get dropped worth a trade ?

Flaccid Jaff · 02/07/2016 at 02:56

17 playing atm. I have Gorringe as my R3, i only have 8 left but should I spend a trade going down to nankervis? Does he have better JS and scoring potential?

mfawcett77 · 02/07/2016 at 07:00

Living on the edge now with 2 trades left!!! But pretty happy with maybe a full team? Please no injuries and I'll be happy between now and finals. And only $2,000 left. Only position with no emergency is ruck which is my main concern!

Def: Shaw, Docherty, Simpson, Bartel, Laird, Gibson (Collins, Tucker)
Mid: Dangerfield, Ablett, Rockliff, T.Mitchell, Sloane, Lewis, Sidebottom, Parker (Mathieson, Trengrove, Petracca)
Ruck: Gawn, Goldstein (Grimley)
Fwd: Martin, Riewoldt, Merrett, Zorko, Gunston, Montagna (Hams, Phillips)

Starkingdom · 02/07/2016 at 09:59

What rank are you? Your team is very good, I like the mid pods Lewis & Sidebum, and also Riewoldt (assuming its Nick),
    your bench is also solid. Good luck, and keep us informed of progress, could be interesting.

Starkingdom · 02/07/2016 at 10:00

..and your E ruck Grimley is looking good for a run this week with both Essendon rucks falling

mfawcett77 · 02/07/2016 at 16:34

yeah Nick Riewoldt:) Supercoach takes a bit of getting use to after playing Classic AFL Fantasy for the past 5 years. 3rd year playing SC and just has a much different feel about it. Started playing AF with the limited trades which I enjoyed but again SC just has a different feel about it. Currently ranked at 2,261 but hoping to move a a few spots this round though having Ablett as my captain is going to kill me! Should have loop holed Merrett's score:)

Tommy · 02/07/2016 at 07:48

Thoughts on Jack Silvagni's JS? Only got 15 playing after TMac and Trengove both out.

I N Pieman · 02/07/2016 at 08:03

Hard to bring him in unseen tommy. He could easily score 20 & be back in the 2's next week. I'd have a look first. Think trengrove hurts most teams

Dave · 02/07/2016 at 08:19

Tmac is playing

James · 02/07/2016 at 09:47

Had the VC on Dusty and that didn't go well. Should I put the C on Pendles or Gaz. Only thing is that my opponent has Gaz as captain.

Clarky99 · 02/07/2016 at 09:52

For me, thats a tough one. The obvious pick is Gaz, but Seb Ross did a job on Danger last week, whos to say he won't do a job on Gaz today. Pendles will come out firing after last weeks poor showing i reckon. If you reckon you will win your league with you and your opponent having the C on Gaz, do it, but Pendles will play well tonight, and could be a point of difference for you in your league. After last week's performance, every single person who has Gaz will either C or VC him, so even if Gaz doesn't fire, you won't be the only one. So i would probably take Gaz, but be wary of the Seb Ross matchup.

Starkingdom · 02/07/2016 at 10:04

Same boat as you James. I'm thinking Treloar or Doch.

James · 02/07/2016 at 10:05

I think I might have a punt with Pendles. Cheers mate.

Starkingdom · 02/07/2016 at 10:14

Still undecided about today's election. Is there a 'Father of Fantasy Sport' party?? Senator Jock Reynolds as rep.

Hubba · 02/07/2016 at 15:45

In my main comp, I've gone ablett vc into pendles c and been looking at my opponent via matchday and laughing to myself that he had gone ablett c and hanners vc "Ha haha he's got them around the wrong way .." just had a re look now … bugger me I'm the one who had it backwards…. and ablett has virtually stopped since qtr time …. any one else ever do something this stupid ????

Hubba · 02/07/2016 at 22:05

Guess I'm the only one ….

Nervous Coach · 02/07/2016 at 16:26

Had the VC on Ablett. Should I leave the C on Peddles or go with Parker or Big Max tomorrow. Thoughts!!!

Nostradamus · 03/07/2016 at 08:43

Leave the C on Pendles.

Hubba · 02/07/2016 at 18:54

Pendles likes the blues

ST 74 · 03/07/2016 at 07:49

Currently trailing in both my leagues. Is it worth trading Barlow to Sloane if it means I use a trade to bring Barlow back in. Should I pull the trigger (leaves me with 50k) or cop a loss. Thoughts!!!

Richard · 03/07/2016 at 12:03

Have Sloane as captain (opponent doesn't have him) and will win if he scores anything over 90. Could take Ablett's 87 (he is my vc & my opponents captain) or could go to Gawn (my opponent has him). Very nervous about a Vince tag on Sloane. Any thoughts out there?