No point hiding in a bloody cave – the Supercoach byes are here community!

We hone in on the Supercoach bye round this week, deploy some CoachKings advice for this rounds contests, and attack some of the key issues facing coaches in Round 13:

• The Rucks. Nic Nat is gone, should we trade this week and if so – who to?
  • The Rookies. We have some promising young colts about to play that magic third game this week
  • The Rest. Including Sam Kerridge.. is now the perfect time to trade the kid out?
  • CoachKings. Has an easy 3 weeks for Hawthorn inflated Josh Gibson’s price too much.. or is he a lock?

Enjoy the show! Head to www.coachkings.com.au to find your nearest venue and to get your teams sorted.

OUR COACHKINGS ROUND 13 FIXTURE:

CoachKings AFL-Round-13-Fixture

What are your trade thoughts community.. good luck in your first bye round!

Jess_coach · 16/06/2016 at 17:59

Who to get rid of first out of Hall and Adams?

Vinny · 16/06/2016 at 19:31

I would go with Adams, only because I'm sticking it out with Hally, should be back next game.

discojim · 16/06/2016 at 19:32

Adams is playing …HOLD

Jess_coach · 16/06/2016 at 20:23

Im holding. Just planning my last upgrade/'s in a few rounds time. Thanks Vinny thinking the same.

50_Shades · 17/06/2016 at 00:24

I agree with this approach. Also take a look at Hall's run home. Playing plenty of lower placed sides and I'd expect his scores to reflect that.

tdesmaele · 16/06/2016 at 20:39

Hard to say. Hall did well in the NEAFL so he should be back

Vinny · 16/06/2016 at 19:33

Apart from Gawn is who is an ideal replacement for Nic Nat?
One option stands out in Blicavs
Lycett stuffed me over by getting dropped.

Vinny · 16/06/2016 at 19:34

Should mention already have Goldmember

tdesmaele · 16/06/2016 at 20:40

Or Mummy post bye maybe.

No other choice · 17/06/2016 at 08:05

Gawn!

discojim · 16/06/2016 at 19:34

Just trying to work out the pros & cons of getting in Gawn/Goldy now for NicNat or waiting for bye. Any help would be appreciated!

tdesmaele · 16/06/2016 at 20:41

I'm holding a week. Goldy has a BE of 165

50_Shades · 17/06/2016 at 00:24

Yeah, you have to hold if it's goldy. The high BE, the knee… They're a bit of a worry.

tim · 17/06/2016 at 08:10

I meant hold a week if you haven't got him. But yeah definitely hold if you have him

tophawk · 16/06/2016 at 19:36

Hi community,

Goldy's BE of 166 means Nic Nat stays in my team for another week. I am hoping he will be cheaper after his bye after round 15. If he goes huge this week, I will grab him next week.

It means I am one down in the ruck this round but I have the luxury of only being one down on two of the 3 other lines. (19 still onfield)

Two trades this week are as follows;

Darcy Mc Pherson to Kade Stewart. (I already have Trengove)
Ben Keays to Tom Rockliff.
Bye outs over next three weeks are currently 9-10-11.
Still have 14 juicy trades after today's trades and 52K in the kitty.

If I have missed something let me know! Cheers

@DensleyTim · 16/06/2016 at 19:39

do we trade aaron hall

Bill · 16/06/2016 at 20:36

I'm wondering the same? Still have a another round to decided? I cant decide between Hall or Kerridge but kerridge BE is so low and Hall is so high and will take like 6 weeks to come around?

50_Shades · 17/06/2016 at 00:25

You don't have Hall for the cash, you've got him for the scores. Check out his run home and I think you'll agree he's worth holding.

Cameron · 16/06/2016 at 19:42

Goldstein or Rockliff for vc?

Jess_coach · 16/06/2016 at 20:30

Rockliff into danger for me ☺

50_Shades · 17/06/2016 at 00:26

Danger into Heath shaw for me.

Tommo09 · 17/06/2016 at 07:49

Ditto

hedski · 16/06/2016 at 19:48

Great vid Jock and Higgo.
J.Smith = Trengove
Keays = Jansen
Tippet = Zorko (finally)
Helps with byes, was looking real bad for round 14.
Next week welcome Montagna and Rancey Pants.
Chose Jansen over Stewart for js and if neither playing bris is better to loop.
Got no ruck backup now though 🙁
Cheers

50_Shades · 17/06/2016 at 00:27

Zorko BE 150, playing Eagles – he'll be cheaper next week.

poloko48 · 16/06/2016 at 19:58

Hi Community, quick question regarding the byes.
If I have the C on a player who has a bye so as to use the C loophole, can I take the C off them at any point over the weekend up until the start of the final game?
Looking to have Goldy as VC, if 130+ will keep, if not the C goes on Danger.

Hawks · 16/06/2016 at 20:38

Yes, the players on ground with the bye can be made captain until the last game of the round has started.

poloko48 · 16/06/2016 at 20:39

Cool thanks mate

Michael Gould · 16/06/2016 at 20:10

Help I need to get rid of Tippet
But who…… JJK, or Zorko or Gunston
Do you have any other ideas

poloko48 · 16/06/2016 at 20:11

Zorko a must have

Michael · 16/06/2016 at 20:22

ok will do

One Touch Wonder · 16/06/2016 at 21:20

Tex

Ethan · 16/06/2016 at 21:25

Hallelujah Trent West has been dropped!! Hopefully this means a return to form for big Stefan Martin

Derek · 16/06/2016 at 21:44

Can someone remind me why we have byes?

Bolton's Blues · 16/06/2016 at 22:06

because being a professional athlete doesnt exist anymore

Zac's brother · 16/06/2016 at 21:46

I need help. I'd like to find the best way to trade out that Muppet Dangerfield and trade in one Zac Dawson via DPP. I hear he's a superstar. Any tips?

Wattsieesq · 17/06/2016 at 11:57

Move Kerridge or Petracca into the midfield, AMT/Adams/Brown forward and viola, Dawson ahoy : )

CapTkAoS · 16/06/2016 at 22:39

Trengrove has been named on the extended bench. I'm sure he will play. BUT the way the supercoach gods have been giving me the rough end of the pineapple lately, it would be excruciating if I select Trengrove, round begins, Dees leave him as an emergency and I can't reverse the trade. OK, its unlikely. But I won't actually bring in Trengrove until he confirmed in the 22. Overcautious? Probably, but why take the chance?

hedski · 16/06/2016 at 22:55

Will be named at 5 bells tomorrow arvo

CapTkAoS · 16/06/2016 at 22:52

Letter of gratitude to Mummy-
Shane, I'd like to thank you for your timely reminder as to why I don't select you any more. Jeez, I know ya can play mate. Everyone does. But every now and then some part of you breaks. I could have brought you in this week and you could have had a really spectacular season ending injury. Or even one of those ones Brad Ottens used to have where you "will be back next week" for 1/2 the season. Just thought I'd acknowledge the classy way you did it this time, not getting named on a Thursday night, rather than be a last minute withdrawal. I thank you, and so does my cardiologist.

Shane Mumford · 17/06/2016 at 08:03

Oh, I get it… Captain chaos. Wow, cool name. Did you come up with that all by yourself?

Not playing this weekend just gives me more time to come and find you. All the initials I need are in your name. Are you ready?… Tko

tim · 17/06/2016 at 08:12

Lol

Mitch Duncan · 17/06/2016 at 08:52

He's serious, trust me… Run now

CapTkAoS · 17/06/2016 at 11:10

Mitch! I almost selected you as a POD at the start of the year. I like the way you go about it. I was particularly impressed with some of your games last year trying to help out Joel. I can't select too many from Geelong. Of course, I couldn't pass up Danger. And I managed to pick up Joel at a nice price. I liked the way Dan Menzel finished off 2015 so I had to have him. And I got McCarthy at a cheap price due to his injury history. He is just keeping my bench warm at the moment. But I really rate you. Honest. By the way, how is Motlop doing? Do you think he will turn it around soon? I could get him too. But you are right after him on my list. Really!

Xerciseforever · 16/06/2016 at 23:17

If I trade MacPherson for Kade Stewart (I already have Trengrove) and NitNat to Gawn, I can then trade Tippett to Zorko in week 14. However, if I trade MacPherson to Jansen and NitNat to Gawn I cannot afford Zorko and would probably trade Tippett to Zac Merrett this round. I really am not sure what to do because Jansen probably has a better job security than Stewart. I would appreciate some wise SCers such as Derek, Sarah and Southern and any others who have an informed opinion for the best solution to my predicament. Thank you in anticipation.

Bolton's Blues · 17/06/2016 at 00:41

Zorko has a B/E of 150, a projected score of 103, a projected loss on 21k
    if he gets lower then his projected, you can afford him, but if he gets higher, he wont drop as much
    this is where seasons are won and lost

Beezneez · 17/06/2016 at 12:03

If you trade MacPherson (LTI) to Stewart and Stewart doesn't play after this round all you've probably lost is one trade and cover for round 14. Depends if you have trades in reserve. Stewart and Jansen would be bench cover only and, if omitted, would still provide the loophole option that MacPherson provided. I have the same dilemma but am considering using B Keays instead of MacPherson (J Smith to Trengove other trade). Stewart looks a likely type – clean mover and finds his target. if he were in any other side, without some players returning, you would think he would be safe for awhile (who knows?).

Xerciseforever · 16/06/2016 at 23:35

Further to my cry for help, see above. I already have Martin and Dahlhaus.
Jock. Might you have time for an opinion?

50_Shades · 17/06/2016 at 00:34

Geez, with all that xercise you're doing, how'd you find time to post all that?

I don't think you can hold dalhaus. Martins not great, but I'd hold till the bye and reassess.

As for Jansen v Stewart, who knows for sure, but the JS for Jansen probably wins out for me. Zorko BE 150 this week so a fall is coming, issue is how much. There might even be more if you pull that trigger after his bye.

jockreynolds · 17/06/2016 at 11:58

Marte.. strong. That's the main thing. Stef Martin – he'll be the #1 ruck for the first time in a while this week against a crap West Coast ruck division so I reckon he'll fire this weekend. Dahlhaus, you need to move on unfortunately mate. On your comments above – I wonder if Stewart's job security is better than many think. He's FWD pressure acts have been up there with the best and Al Clarkson would like that in the boy

Derek · 17/06/2016 at 12:19

i was surprised that Stewart played ahead of lovell. they must rate him high at the hawks.

Neverweaken · 17/06/2016 at 07:06

Who to get in defence. Gibson, Bartell, rookie, or any others.
Have Shaw, Doc, Simpson, Boyd, Suckling. Tippa, Ruggles and Collins.
Tippa moves to the forward line this week.

Derek · 17/06/2016 at 08:54

Laird stands out. has his bye this week and Crows have a great run home

Chubby McChubby · 17/06/2016 at 07:13

Is the zero from the bye round included in a players average?

Tommo · 17/06/2016 at 07:46

No as they don't play

Chubby McChubby · 17/06/2016 at 08:06

I have 2 premo mids left. I have pendles, danger, Gaz, libba, zaha, shiel. Im thinking jelwood and hanners? Though I like ward given gws run home?

Derek · 17/06/2016 at 08:52

hanners a good pick as you don't have either Mitchell, JPK or Parker. You already have danger, maybe not selwood then.

i'm liking the run home of Crows, in particular Sloane.

Moustachio · 17/06/2016 at 08:55

Jelwood and ward real cheap right now

Tommo · 17/06/2016 at 09:22

Ward has a great run home, quite cheap. If you can get Hanners, get him. Much more consistent week in week out, but if you want to save the cash, lock Ward in

Chicken Dinner · 17/06/2016 at 08:16

Doing the triple downgrade this week
Davis to Trengrove
Keays to Stewart
and Nic Nat to Martin (T West got dropped) once round 15 comes will trade in Gawn after bye for Cox, leaves me with a massive 600k in the bank for round 14.
Go hard or go home

Derek · 17/06/2016 at 08:50

dont do the Martin trade.

Tommo · 17/06/2016 at 09:24

Wouldn't call Stef Martin "go hard or go home" Need to see him in action before you bring him in. He was playing poorly before West game in.

Jedd2 · 17/06/2016 at 08:35

To trade Byrne to tucker or to Or Austin just for money ? Thoughts

Clarky · 17/06/2016 at 09:29

Who to get rid pf this week, Tippett or Kerridge. Really don't think it matters as i will be using the other one to get Zorko in next week?

The Beard · 17/06/2016 at 09:58

Community I need some help.

Looking at trading either Stewart in or Reid or Jansen?

The other option I'm toying with is I could go early on Hipwood and move Phillips to the mid. Which would give me a defender/forward that I could switch round with ATM and Adams…

I want to lock something in here that will allow me to cover my ass with low trades now and planned in bringing in another 2 keepers next week with Deledio and Simpson.

Thoughts?

Tommo · 17/06/2016 at 10:22

I reckon go Jansen, best JS of them all. Lids and Simmo look like good trades.

Many · 17/06/2016 at 10:14

Joel Selwood or Callan Ward? Who will score better for rest of the season as a premo keeper?

Tommo · 17/06/2016 at 10:21

Ward has a better run home, go Ward.

Tom · 17/06/2016 at 10:51

My same dilemma. But I'm going Selwood because he has Essendon, Richmond, Brisbane and Melbourne in his last four rounds so he should score better in league finals

Many · 17/06/2016 at 10:47

My thinking too – thx

Tommy · 17/06/2016 at 11:08

Who to VC and C this week out of: Goldy, Danger, Ward, Shaw or Gibbo?

Johnny · 17/06/2016 at 11:10

Rance or Laird is my burning decision. Can anyone offer an insight please?

Chill · 17/06/2016 at 12:49

Toss a coin. There were rumours that Laird had turf toe which is never good but he played well last weekend. Rance only missed because of suspension so he is obviously fit.

Johnny · 17/06/2016 at 13:49

Appreciate the thoughts Chill, cheers!