This is the emergency warning system.

PatchCoachKingsLogoIf you’re a defender and you play at the Western Bulldogs, get out. Get out now.

A rogue, vengeful agent is causing untold damages to dog defenders and we have no idea where they will strike next.

We’re losing men at a rate unseen since all the Gold Coast midfielders caught the plague last year, and we have grave concerns for all those who remain.

If you are in the danger zone, evacuate. The last chopper out of Saigon The Kennel leaves in 24 hours.

If you are still there when the last chopper leaves, may God have mercy on your knees, hamstrings and soul.

[TRANSMISSION ENDS]

Helicopter Exit Panic Room

THE NEWS

GOD DAMN, COMMUNITY. It’s a big one this week. A mammoth one. Too much to cram into a singular Panic Room. But I’ll be buggered if I don’t give it a shot.

Make sure you have a gander at Lek’s cheat sheet and Barron’s rookie report – they are pieces of Fantasy wisdom far greater than what which I can create.

RIGHT. LET’S GET COOKING.

Nathaniel Fyfe is done for at least 8 weeks, probably the year. He’s gotta go. Piss the Teen Wolf right off and bring in a mega, super dooper premo in his place. As much as I respect and treasure Peter Higginbotham, I think the stalwart of our teams needs a like for like replacement. The points need to be injected.

One man you shouldn’t replace Fyfe with is Robbie Gray. Not only because his last few games have been putrid, but because he’s gone and done a hammy and is out for up to 3 weeks. I’d hold him. Also on the outer this week at Port is Chad Wingard, who has concussion, and Matthew Lobbe, who has been dropped like a sack of potatoes. Hold Chad, ditch Lobbe.

Alex Rance has copped two weeks for his ugly hit on Jack Watts last week. Hold him, albeit begrudgingly, because that was a very, very poor act from someone otherwise regarded as a gentleman of the game.

Truck is finally in! Christian Petracca has been confirmed to make his debut against the Saints this week, and joins other handy rookie ins in Jade Gresham, Ben Keays and Ryan Davis.

We also see relative unknowns in Fantasy terms make their debuts in Aliir Aliir from the Swans and Kieran Lovell from the Hawks. West Coast have also named possibly debutant Tom Cole on the extended bench for Sunday’s game.

However, we see defensive rookies Tom Ruggles managed by the Cats and Tom Lee dropped by the Saints. However, if you’ve got neither of these two, you might be faced with the strangely disturbing sight of 30 selected players, with Sam Grimely and Mason Cox both staying in their respective sides.

Matt Suckling is the latest Dog to go down in the backline. I’m holding him, but he seems to be out for 4 weeks, which might be too long for most. You can go either way on him. The DPP makes him much easier to cover using the likes of Mitch Brown, Marcus Adams and Anthony McDonald-Tipungwuti.

Two PODs that might hurt some this week include the resting of Devon Smith by the Giants to manage his knee and Tom Cutler’s nasty shoulder injury. He needs to be traded.

Anyone who has David Mundy (like my draft side) will be relieved to finally have him back. It will be interesting to see the role of Michael Barlow this week with Fyfe gone.

Scott Lycett is back for the Eagles, Ryan Crowley and James Polkinghorne have been named on the extended bench for the Bombers (Crowley should make the cut, ‘Horne probably won’t)

UPDATE: Collingwood hard nut Taylor Adams has been ruled out of the Pies’ trip to Perth with a knee injury. Tom Phillips is a chance to debut.

Oh god that was gruelling. What do I do next again?

Oh yes. How could I forget.

THE TALKING POINT

I’m not going to talk about Nat Fyfe. Jock, Higgo and Crouching extensively discussed this in the podcast this week, Lek brought it up in his cheat sheet.

I want to talk about trades. I’ve had a few people ask about trading Robbie Gray, many asking about Matthew Suckling and even someone somewhere asking if we should trade Alex Rance.

Many of you know the value of a trade. Many of you suffered the 24 trade game years ago. But for the sweet summer children who only know the game with 30 trades, trades are worth more than any material possession. As great Greek philosopher Homer said, trade is a like a beer.  They sound good, they look good and you’d step over your own mother to get one!

Panic Room Homer

But you can’t stop at one! You keep going and going, because they give you a nice buzz and you want to keep trading.

But come the depths of winter, many would sell their first born child for a few trades. By round 15, you willingly offer up limbs and by finals you’d sell your soul to the devil for just a solitary trade. Every time you go to use a trade, think long and hard about it. Then think again. If you don’t have to use it, don’t.

Or do. I mean I’m the Panic Room, not a cop. But don’t say I didn’t warn you.

Also, because I know you’ll ask about Fyfe anyway, I’m going to Luke Parker. I would also heartily endorse going to Gary Ablett, Scott Pendlebury, Callan Ward or Matt Priddis. In that order.

TRADING PLACES

Gosh she’s a long one already, isn’t she? Quick refresher, if you score more than your breakeven, your price goes up. The more you outscore it, the more it goes up. The further short you fall of it, the more you crash.

Eddie Murphy’s

155 – Leigh Montagna
154 – Gary Ablett
146 – Mark Blicavs
136 – Dustin Martin
122 – Heath Shaw

CAPTAIN McCAPTAINFACE

This week, we are naming the Captain’s segment after noble steed Boaty McBoatface, to honour that name’s eternal struggle against party poopers everywhere. If you Tired McTiredface of this joke format, I have nothing more to say to you.

With a lot of rookies returning, many people are finding themselves in the same McBoatface as I am – with no loophole. If you do have a loop available, us it on Todd Goldstein. The Dogs don’t have a quality ruckman, and if we think back to the last time Todd rocked Etihad against a weak ruckman, he scored 200 points against Shaun McKernan. Lock. Him. In.

Max Gawn is a great selection this week, having developed into the monster we were all expecting. So too is Patrick Dangerfield against the Suns. Luke Parker should also enjoy himself against the Lions.

RIGHTEO COMMUNITY, EVERYONE ONTO THE CHOPPER. LET’S RIP THIS WEEK A NEW ONE.

thom · 29/04/2016 at 12:23

the words likely don't sit well with me. i think gray is a trade for someone with up to 3 weeks out.

thom · 29/04/2016 at 12:23

its not even up to 3 weeks. it could be more

Tim · 29/04/2016 at 13:02

They said 2 to 3 weeks

Paul · 29/04/2016 at 22:53

And he's going to plummet in value when he comes back. May as well trade him out now and get him back in 6 weeks when he's at rock bottom price. It'll be worth the 2 trades as the monetary value will probably be comparable to a downgrade/upgrade on any other week, and you'll get a stack of extra points in the meantime.

Shinboner · 30/04/2016 at 01:36

I'm holding Gray myself, but that's some nice thinking.

Shane · 29/04/2016 at 12:34

Fellas got a quick trading question! Got Lobbe in my team, and three players I'm not sure I want come end of the year (picked them as potential premos but none really paying off)
If you had to trade one of; Hurn, Birchall, or Stringer, to Petracca, to free up funds for Goldy, who would it be?
cheers!

BCHawks · 29/04/2016 at 12:43

Probably stringer. There are about 6-10 premium forwards who should average over 100 and I don't see him as one of them.

Matt · 29/04/2016 at 18:08

With all these injuries stringer could be the one to benefit the most, libba is getting moved down back to fill that roll which gives the package an opening to run riot through the middle

Kevin Skywalker · 29/04/2016 at 12:53

Stringer then Hurn and Birchall in that order. Out got Birchall as a keeper (he should bounce back) the other two are really only stepping stones to the top 10 players

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:10

Tough call but I'd probably trade Hurn as surely Stringer will have a big game or two soon?

Hurn is probably the safer pick the way he is scoring. Birchall should be ok don't be too discouraged by his score of 55.

Tom · 29/04/2016 at 12:35

I want to go Fyfe to danger, however I don't have the money. Is it worth trading Kennedy or menedue to petracca to free up the cash to allow this trade. Or should I wait since we don't know if petracca will play 3 game in a row and wait for him to be on the bubble. If I didn't do this trade I would trade Fyfe to Selwood.
Which option is better?
Appreciate thoughts…

Kevin Skywalker · 29/04/2016 at 12:45

Yes use a rookie to get Danger and Petracca. Petracca will be more consistent than Menadue or Kennedy. Most coaches will get him in over the next 2 weeks anyway

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:06

Whilst I have faith in Petracca don't get carried away, wait for the bubble.

BCHawks · 29/04/2016 at 12:42

Still deciding who to trade Fyfe to. Will also be looking to trade out 1 of Weitering or Dea for a premium. Hopefully I have a better week than my last 2.

Kevin Skywalker · 29/04/2016 at 12:47

Going Fyfe to Hanners and R Gray to Ward…or Jelwood…or Pendles….

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:05

I like it, strong decisive moves to performing mids.

Marz · 29/04/2016 at 12:53

I am debating hard to trade Fyfe for Selwood. Pendels shoud be top of my list but he isnt as im not convinced on Collingwood as a whole. If your team doesn't have possession then you have less of it. Geelong wont have that problem. Thoughts

Redgumwon · 29/04/2016 at 13:26

I'm thinking of doing the same. Selwood looks to have a higher ceiling than Pendles. Pendles however may be a little more consistent.

I'm thinking about trading out Dea moving Tippa back to defence on the ground. Then bring in Wright (Carl) to the forward line. Or should I trade out Kennedy and bring in Wright?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 13:59

Pendles was or is carrying a small injury though, could fire up especially if playing in the midfield full time.

Selwood's big scores were in wins over Brisbane and Port, not hugely convincing.

Hard to pick one at the moment, but I prefer pendles personally.

Redgumwon · 29/04/2016 at 14:44

Yes they said Pendles carried an injury. I think that is reason enough to hold off on him for the time being. With Danger in the side I'm expecting Selwood to really cut lose. Selwood and Dangerfield are the new Batman and Robin. I'd will be hard to shut down one let alone both of these Super Hero's

Mister_Spock · 29/04/2016 at 12:53

G'day Community, got Fyfe, Gray (the Robbie variety) and Rance creating a stain in the underpants big time!

Obviously have to trade Fyfe and hold Rance (enough cover down back), but should do a second sideways trade and get rid of Robbie? If I hold, I'll have Rance and Robbie on the sidelines for at least the next 2 rounds.

I'm already down to 24 trades remaining…

Kevin Skywalker · 29/04/2016 at 12:57

I'm only trading Gray because I have 28 trades left ( before this round). With only 24 trades left I'd suggest holding him and hope he only misses 2. If you must trade maybe downgrade to Petracca early??

jezzahill · 29/04/2016 at 14:16

Hold Gray. Given you're already down to 24 trades there's no point in burning another if you have some bench cover.

Spider · 29/04/2016 at 12:56

Parker, Pap, Mills, Hewitt already in my side. Is adding Hannebery to the mix too much Swans exposure?

With Gray out, unless I replace him, I'll need to field 3 of Menadue, Mills, Hewett & Davis if I don't trade him out. Going for overall rank (just inside top 2000 atm) … who is next best as from Hannes? (I have Ablett, Parker, Danger, Priddis, Libba …)

Thoughts?

James Sykes · 29/04/2016 at 13:39

Only parker and hannelbery would be keepers come byes so no problems

Spider · 29/04/2016 at 13:51

Good point, cheers!

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 13:57

What's your whole team look like?

For instance you may be able to swap menadue forward for a Wellls/Kerridge/Hall type player and use McCarthy or AMT who you have on the bench as F5/F6?

Then you'd only need two out Mills, Hewett, Davis?

Spider · 29/04/2016 at 14:18

I could .. but that would mean Papley & McCarthy would be on the ground in FWD line (not necessarily a bad thing).

reff · 29/04/2016 at 12:58

dea to boyd ?????

Redgumwon · 29/04/2016 at 13:32

Maybe Boyd or Simpson, Docherty or Pittard?

jezzahill · 29/04/2016 at 14:17

Simpson the best choice of those four

Ron · 29/04/2016 at 12:59

I have R Gray and Fyfe. Do I make the double mid upgrade or do the Fyfe, hold R Gray. Have around 130K in the bank. Might hurt with the points, is there anyone holding Gray?

Liam · 29/04/2016 at 14:36

I'm holding

Jonathan Camac · 29/04/2016 at 15:03

I'm holding too.

Patch · 29/04/2016 at 15:17

Fyfe gone, hold Gray for mine Ron

I N Pieman · 29/04/2016 at 12:59

Outstanding work as always Patch. Always look forward to your article. For what it’s worth I would trade Robbie Gray if I had him. You could always get him for much cheaper around the byes, assuming he’s back. An option for owners could be trade him to Marc Murphy & pocket 100k whilst his price is down & then if you wanted to swap them later when their prices collide. Just a thought. Smurph plays the Bombers & Pies next 2

Liam · 29/04/2016 at 14:37

You get cash but burn 2 trades, not worth it IMO.

I N Pieman · 29/04/2016 at 15:06

True Liam. Depends on how many you have used

Patch · 29/04/2016 at 15:16

I'm leaning towards Liam here, but it's a bloody tough call. My run last year is leaving me more conservative this year.

Marco_Polo94 · 29/04/2016 at 16:24

I'd consider this if I hadn't traded much by this stage, but I can't afford to mess around like that. Sticking to my trade plan

Skindog · 29/04/2016 at 16:46

Pie playing games

Jimmy · 29/04/2016 at 13:02

Re 30 selected players, Fyfe is my only chance at c loophole so I'll be holding him until after Goldsteins vc game tonight. If he monsters, Fyfe stays for another week

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:13

Interesting.

crabb · 29/04/2016 at 15:38

Very VERY interesting, Jimmy!

Pete · 29/04/2016 at 16:02

Lucky for me I don't have that problem with Fyfe, Gray and Wingard all in my team.

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 16:28

Great thinking
    Might do that myself as I have same problem

Chill · 29/04/2016 at 13:11

Disagree.
Top 10 supercoach scorers last year: Beams from Brisbane (4 wins, 18 losses) avg 113.4
Gary Ablett avg 115. Gold Coast finished 16th (4 wins, 17 losses, 1 draw)
North finished 8th on the ladder.. goldy was the highest scoring player (13 wins, 9 losses)
Pendles avg 116. Collingwood finished 12th (10 wins, 12 losses)
Heath Shaw was the 10th best performer and GWS finished 11th on the ladder.
Premos are premos.

Marz · 29/04/2016 at 13:24

Like your thinking
    Selwood is a premo and has been performing better though and with Danger around i dont think that will change

Chill · 29/04/2016 at 13:46

It's all about who you think will be in the top 8 by the end of the year. For me? Danger, Priddis, Hanners, Parker, Ward, Pendles, Ablett, Rocky/Sloane

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:26

Like that top ten.

Chris · 29/04/2016 at 13:13

hey guys im currently sitting around 600th overall

i dont have fyfe or gray so no troubles

im sitting on 25 trades and am wondering do i do two trades e.g. dea/weitering downgrade and J.lonergan upgrade
to get to that premo team quicker or do i hold for a week?

any input would be great as ive never really been this high in the ranks before

Chill · 29/04/2016 at 13:16

Chris, I would hold. I think waiting has proven much more lucrative this season than jumping the gun. So many people jumped of Greene and he is performing (albeit inconsistently). Papley is not fattening as a cash cow when some jumped off.
    Gresham & Davis are both back in after sitting out for a bit.
    Patience is key.

Chris · 29/04/2016 at 14:02

good point lonergan is just killing me at the moment so im keen to get rid of him ASAP

James Sykes · 29/04/2016 at 13:37

I would send dea and lonergan to the knackery chris.

Chris · 29/04/2016 at 13:47

i would love to, lonergan is really annoying now but just conscious about trades as im on 25 already

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:03

Yep I agree to trade lonergan he's scoring like a rookie back there may as well have traded him to one of the defence bubble boys last week.

Chris · 29/04/2016 at 14:10

yeah true but i wanted to trade him up so i keep moving up the ranks quickly but could trade him or dea to tucker this weeks and the other up to docherty?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:18

If you are 100% on Tucker's JS then consider it. Or take the risk on Petracca early as his JS seems really high.

Chris · 29/04/2016 at 15:31

yeah not 100% but i thought with menadue and others nearly ready to cull id move to petracca then

@emhoy · 29/04/2016 at 18:40

Surely lonegran will ton up this week with all the suns mids outs I am giving him one more week. I would hold your trades you are ranked nicely and the downgrades options will be over the next 2 weeks.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 18:47

Good points and Lonergan is listed as a follower according to the AFL website.

Dean · 29/04/2016 at 19:22

Chris when you're playing for overall its absolutely crucial that you sustain/improve your points because your opposition will and you could go from 600 to 2000 in a week.

You have enough trades just make sure you are upgrading to elite premiums none of those mid priced players that look HOT at the moment because chances are they wont be HOT by round 10 to 13

Don't trade in players like Petracca this week to generate cash either because if he gets injured or scores crap you'll be wasting another trade, wait and see how he goes this week and next week then downgrade to bring him in just before round 8 starts if all the hype lives up to expectation.

fatboyfat7 · 29/04/2016 at 13:27

Delighted to read your holding Suckling, got some criticism on another thread here for saying the same.

Anyone know how B Crouch is tracking? If he can get back in the side next week would make Gray going down a bit easier…

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 13:51

4 weeks is too long to hold a non premo. Was probably me that said the same thing to you in another thread!

If it turns into 5 what a disaster.

fatboyfat7 · 29/04/2016 at 14:12

I see where your coming from and there is a chance I'll change my mind but his DPP will be very handy down the line. I selected at the start him for a reason and I do think he can avg 90 when fit. Still think Adams and Weitering will have a few more weeks in them so happy with them on field. (acknowledge Weitering needs a good score)

Crouch is bothering more than Suckling to be honest, feel like I'm waiting for a day that might never come!

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:24

Hmmmm you've held crouch for many weeks now holding Suckling!

I like your patience and faith in players but if it becomes a trend and another player goes down it will become significant damage.

Redgumwon · 29/04/2016 at 13:28

I'm thinking of trading out Fyfe for either Selwood, Pendlelbury or Hannebery.

Then trading out Dea moving Tippa back to defence on the ground. Then bring in Wright (Carl) to the forward line. Or should I trade out Kennedy and bring in Wright?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:02

Think I like the Dea trade better than the Kennedy due to the higher BE (67 vs 51), but anything could happen ie Dea tonnes up and Kennedy gets a 30.

Redgumwon · 29/04/2016 at 14:06

Thanks Southern that is what worries me a little. either Dea or Kennedy could ton up. Kennedy's BE will come back down in the next few weeks. As where Dea's BE will hover around the 60's to 70's

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:21

If I were you I'd probably just go with Fyfe to a premo at the moment and wait, unless you are dead set on getting Wright and you want him with his low BE of 42. I'm not convinced he's a top forward and feel the boat has kinda sailed there. He's already gone up 117k to over 400 now..

Redgumwon · 29/04/2016 at 14:55

I think you're right Southern after thinking about it. I'll just go with the one premium trade Fyfe out and Selwood or Hanneberry in. If I go Selwood I'll have around $190K in the kitty. If I go Hanneberry I'll have a bank of $150K and 28 trades left

Dean · 29/04/2016 at 19:33

If you have 28 trades left you don't have much to worry about, Fyfe to whoever you wish and Dea via DPP to bring in Matthew Wright is a good move. I was going to do that however I then decided I am allot better off going Fyfe to Hanners then Dea vis DPP to either Ward, Pendles, Selwood or Parker the main points come from your midfield so I prefer to fill in my Midfielders first as there are quite a few to chose from.

Anth · 29/04/2016 at 13:30

What are we thinking about Cam Oliver? Will he get his place in the near future now that Petracca is in?

I have made one trade, Dea to Petracca as this gives me enough cash in the bank to go bang bang next week.

fatboyfat7 · 29/04/2016 at 13:43

Same. Dea to Petracca. Only downside is I'll have to take either Ben Ken or R Davis' score.

Anth · 29/04/2016 at 13:48

Doing that trade is leaving me to start Ben Ken and Petracca both on field. (Or McGovern or Menadue)

They are playing St Kilda, so I trust them to both get half decent scores.

fatboyfat7 · 29/04/2016 at 14:02

I have Petracca on field too and I'm happy with that, Kennedy/Davis could both easily spud it up.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 16:02

McGovern could surprise against Freo. Seems to be building slowly but surely.

JacobsJets · 29/04/2016 at 14:05

I think I am missing something, how did you trade Dea to Petracca?

SCaddict · 29/04/2016 at 14:36

The magic of DPP Trading Fundamentals 101. 😉

sam · 29/04/2016 at 14:12

cam `

Anth · 29/04/2016 at 15:35

And when I said Cam I totally meant Clayton!

sam · 29/04/2016 at 13:34

Its all very well holding on to trades but in your own thoughts if an opportunity comes along to trade dea or keneddy for a rooky and a potential keeper then do it. wallis hunter and greene will never be cheaper and each is a potential keeper particularly if the rook will be a cash cow megastar such as tucker wagner trengove each nowhere near bubbling but can be .Its all in an individual view lek and patch have there ideas so do I remember who ran out of trades r 19 and still won why because he took the bargains when they appeared and consequently had great cover.For me greene and tucker are gold good bye dea and kennedy

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 13:53

“Be wise enough not to be reckless, but brave enough to take great risks.” Frank Warren.

Dean · 29/04/2016 at 19:54

That is absolutely STUPID don't follow this guy people. To trade out fattened rookies to bring in a player like Toby Greene who many started with and got rid of him who would be spewing they got rid of him after his first few stinkers.

However just because he is doing well against shit teams like Port & Saints, remember he only scored a 52 against the swans and Melbourne, if you are crazy enough to bring in Greene then be prepared to have a inconsistent ride mate. If you are stupid enough to bring in someone like Darcy Tucker who has only played the one game and scored a 67 then you shouldn't be playing Supercoach.

Why would anyone think of bringing in Tucker after 1 game, you're much better of picking someone like Peter Wright who scored 142 in his first game although even thats silly.

James Sykes · 29/04/2016 at 13:34

Is it ok to trade in tom lee (even though not playing) to facilitate trading in sam mitchell with your second trade?

….outgoing will be dea and clay cameron.

Surely lee will be back in soon enough?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 13:47

Personally I'd trade in Petracca, smith or tucker over Lee if doing such a move, then again I wouldn't do such a move at all!

Why not wait till next week you may have a bubble boy you want and can upgrade then?

Cliffy · 29/04/2016 at 13:42

Need to field one of these 3 midfielders for Gray in SC Draft:

L.Hunter, T. Adams or J.Viney

Who should fill in for him this week? Based on form and opponent I might be backing in Viney this week.

Spider · 29/04/2016 at 13:56

Adams a late out, so yeah, perhaps Viney

Tommy · 29/04/2016 at 14:44

Viney for me. He just seems hungry at the moment and his attack on the footy is second to none. Great young player!

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 16:01

Agree

Tom · 29/04/2016 at 22:43

I think Lachie Hunter is gonna go BIG

Luviboy1 · 29/04/2016 at 22:46

Somewhere in the vicinty of 160 perhaps?

Gibbs · 29/04/2016 at 14:10

Trade Or hold Robbie Gray? and who do I trade him to? Thinking of either to Pendles or Hannerbry

Ratitat · 29/04/2016 at 15:56

Hannerbry for me. I am holding Gray this week and using him for the captain loophole. I will reassess next week, hopefully we'll then know exactly how long he'll be out for.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 16:01

It's a big call, if you have plenty of trades I'd be tempted to move him on.

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 16:30

How many trades would be plenty?

Roger · 29/04/2016 at 14:11

What's everyone's opinion on Callan ward ? Pretty consistent with not a lot of selection picks. Worth getting in ?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 14:24

Yes. Great POD, scoring well.

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 15:59

Tough draw coming up though?

Billo · 30/04/2016 at 02:08

I'll be bringing him in next week.

APH · 29/04/2016 at 14:30

I started the season without Danger and have to trade out Fyfe. Everyone seems to be suggesting Parker or Ablett or Pendles or Priddis but no one has mentioend Danger as sideways option. Is this because it is viewed as a 'given' by the community that you should have Danger?

SCaddict · 29/04/2016 at 14:43

More or less. Danger has been a little up and down to say the least but he's still a must have really with that monster ceiling.

Could go huge against the Suns tomorrow so his price may not be coming down much any time soon. Even his BE of 145 is gettable by his standards when he's on.

So if you can afford him that's who I'd bring in for Fyfe.

TeenWolfFyfe · 29/04/2016 at 14:31

Should i get either pendles jack viney sidebottom priddis or sam mitchell

Tommy · 29/04/2016 at 14:45

Pendles

Ratitat · 29/04/2016 at 15:54

Pedles, side bum or priddis. All good picks

reff · 29/04/2016 at 14:36

dea to boyd ???

LEKD0G · 29/04/2016 at 14:36

I love you Patch

dwhits · 29/04/2016 at 14:43

Sam Mitchell at risk of getting rested this year???

I N Pieman · 29/04/2016 at 15:42

Put your house on it. Soon as the game is in the bag he heads to the showers as well

Roj · 29/04/2016 at 15:04

Dahlhaus or Zorko? Both top 6 potentially but can only get one this round. Will bring in the other after the byes.

Patch · 29/04/2016 at 15:16

Dahl.

Pacca · 30/04/2016 at 01:53

What about Pav!!

Mitch · 29/04/2016 at 15:08

Get rid of ben ken, hewitt or davis ?
Was thinking bken but he has dual position status and is in my mids
Money isnt a issue

Patch · 29/04/2016 at 15:15

Ben Ken if you have to ditch one. Won't make much more.

Caretaker · 29/04/2016 at 15:18

Looking to turn Fyfe into a POD with potential to go huge in the forward line.

Who's the best bet outta Tony "Pig" Lockett, Tony "Godra" Modra, Matty "Grass" Lloyd and Brendan "Pressure Point" Fevola?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 15:59

Plugger for sure.

Adsy · 29/04/2016 at 16:53

Lockett gives away too many free kicks and would miss too many games after whacking 3 blokes in the one melee. Modra takes plenty of uncontested marks on the lead and unfortunately you get the same points for mark of the year as for a normal contested mark. Lloyd would have been Supercoach gold back in the day, and I think I picked Fev when he went up to Brissy and he's a real burn man so no good there.

Probs the Velvet Sledgehammer.

Caretaker · 29/04/2016 at 17:29

I totally agree however you have to take into account value for money. I don't have enough money in my COLA to plug Plugger into my forward line. Similarly Lloyd and Modra seem to demand too much money from my salary cap.

Fev on the other hand can be brought into my side for a pack of Winnie Blue's and 2 tinny's of Jim Beam in the sheds at half time so at this price I just can't look past him.

Tanerio · 29/04/2016 at 15:30

I'm opting to trade gray and my three options are Treloar, Ziebell or Cotchin. Thoughts?

Ratitat · 29/04/2016 at 15:53

Treloar for me

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 15:58

Ziebell. But I think they are all risky-ish picks.

Tanerio · 29/04/2016 at 16:17

Im goin for the risky sort of pick i just cant decide

Adsy · 29/04/2016 at 16:55

I heard Treloar out with a knee this week? Others not really in the mix for overall so unless you can engineer a trade up to a super premo probably not worth it.

Tanerio · 29/04/2016 at 18:22

i went with Sam mitchell dw

Ray · 29/04/2016 at 15:34

COMMUNITY! Help needed! I have Garrick Ibbotson in my defence along with weitering and dea. Which should I trade out this week for Kade Simpson

THANKS!!

Ratitat · 29/04/2016 at 16:12

I would personally remove Ibbotson, both Dea and Weitering have potentially still a little appreciating to do and I can see Ibbotson being a stain in your underpant for the year. You can look to move both Dea and Weitering on in 1 or 2 weeks time.

Thomas · 29/04/2016 at 15:36

Have no loophole option this week
Change to Goldy from Parker
Or
Trade in Tom Lee or someone not playing to do loophole
Please community help!!!

I N Pieman · 29/04/2016 at 15:59

I wouldn't trade to a donut for that. That's ludicrous. Just plonk the C on danger & the VC on Goldy. If Goldy pulls a 200 then consider the Lee option.

Wattsieesq · 29/04/2016 at 16:06

I wouldn't waste a trade on a non playing player

Mick · 29/04/2016 at 15:36

Thoughts on the young lad from Carlton Bootsma?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 15:58

Had a spectacular mop on his head. What's he got to do with supercoach though?

Hoot · 29/04/2016 at 22:05

DUD avoid

The Ranger · 29/04/2016 at 22:09

Gun. Almost as good as Dawson but not quite eh Mick?

james · 29/04/2016 at 15:38

Best Midfield PODs to trade in

Ratitat · 29/04/2016 at 16:04

Ward, Sidebottom, Dahlhaus, Shuey, Sloane, Ziebell, Hanley, Treloar in no particular order

cooky · 29/04/2016 at 15:39

Community i'm thinking of going left field with a trade here, fyfe to Viney is this ludicrous?

Ratitat · 29/04/2016 at 15:52

He's not proven, so you'd be trading a proven premo for a player on the rise. It's definitely a risk but I wouldn't say ludicrous

Adsy · 29/04/2016 at 16:57

Very dependent on Melbourne and Viney continuing good form, and both are unproven. Could have the odd down day which might hurt your team. Situation dependent I think.

Slatsy87 · 29/04/2016 at 15:46

I've got Lobbe and need to move him on to avoid a donut. As much as I think Gawn is in great form I can't bring myself to pay 620k.
At the moment I'm leaning towards Stef Martin despite the high breakeven (love his finals run). Any compelling reason not to bring him in?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 15:55

Goldy and Gawn appear to be number one and two in the league, Top players are usually worth their money.

Gawn has had a 160 and a 172 this year. His total score for the year 617 compared to Goldy 639. He's worth 620k.

Martin is nowhere near them on 445.

Slatsy87 · 29/04/2016 at 16:22

Was affected by concussion in the last 2 rounds. No point chasing Gawn's past scores in my view

Adsy · 29/04/2016 at 17:00

At least you know with Gawn you are paying for quality and that has an added bonus of consistency this season. With Melbourne on the rise, thanks plenty to him, you are getting what you pay for. I'd be in the opposite boat to Slatsy and say its risky money betting on someone other than Gawn or Goldy to improve to that level.

lachie08 · 29/04/2016 at 18:47

martin will be a really good pick once he's at his bottom, then hell go back to being at top 5 ruckman

Ratitat · 29/04/2016 at 15:50

I need to trade Fyfe out and have been tossing up between Pedlebury, Ward and Selwood all week. Thoughts??? should I just flip a coin??

Grahame Lebroy · 29/04/2016 at 16:22

Ward or Selwood flip of the coin

min0008 · 29/04/2016 at 15:51

Hi community, need help

Im trading Dea to Petracca and Ben Kennedy to Selwood

Or hold trades this week.

Grahame Lebroy · 29/04/2016 at 16:23

I would hold off for this week on those. Dea and Kennedy BE are not overly high

tom · 29/04/2016 at 15:51

thoughts on Sloane?

POTS · 29/04/2016 at 15:52

Thoughts on Ziebell as a replacement for Fyfe? Gets the contested ball (esp tonight against the doggies) and a fairly cruisey next few weeks.

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 16:01

Too late now better options at that price

tom · 29/04/2016 at 15:52

Weitering to Simpson
or
Dea to M.Boyd

Kev · 29/04/2016 at 15:54

Would hold both. Dea to Boyd if you must

Multi · 29/04/2016 at 15:55

Ok thoughts on:
Fyfe to Petracca yes I realise it would be better on the bubble but…
and Weitering or Dea to H Shaw
would leave me $431k to upgrade possible 2 in the coming weeks to the likes of selwood and pendlebury.
Or
Fyfe to Sloane for a POD
Weitering to Shaw
leaves me about 11k ranked 253rd overall thoughts would be appreciated I have reversed trades about 20 bloody times.

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 16:14

i'm taking the shortcut and going Fyfe to Shaw via DPP

Multi · 29/04/2016 at 16:47

and holding Weitering and Dea for now?

Leeds17 · 29/04/2016 at 15:58

Pendles (2trades) vs Sloane (1trade) ???

Liam · 29/04/2016 at 15:58

What would the second trade be ?

Leeds17 · 29/04/2016 at 16:12

S Gray + Bank to Sloan, don't have enough to get Pendlebury with a single trade.

Liam · 29/04/2016 at 16:37

What would be the second trade if you were to get Pendles

Leeds17 · 29/04/2016 at 16:46

Kennedy or Menadue to Petracca

Wattsieesq · 29/04/2016 at 15:59

Great work Patch.

From your Eddie list, you could add Tim O'Brian BE -49 and on the bubble (not that you'd pick a Hawks rookie with low JS). There are a couple of other Eddie's but probably not worth mentioning.

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 16:12

you might be surprised with Tim. His first two games he spent a bit of time as a tall in defense and he did a pretty good job, wouldn't be surprised Clarkson has a role for him to play in defense. mind you i wouldn't pick him.

Hello · 29/04/2016 at 16:00

What about Sidebottom as POD for Fyfe?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 16:06

He's a good player but not convinced by one big score on the blowout against essendon.

Other games he got roughly 100 and he's only played 3. Not sure.

Grahame Lebroy · 29/04/2016 at 16:14

Wondering people's thoughts on Darcy Tucker's job security with Fremantle? Does anyone think he will get consistent game time for the remainder of the year?

Scott · 29/04/2016 at 18:55

Highly rated and with the way they are going I would say he has some JS, also Johnson out with a hammy.

I'll keep a close eye on him to consider for next week.

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 16:17

Saving Fyfe for loophole option
If Goldy gets like 200 then Fyfe will stay for a week
If not I will trade him for Pendles

Hawkman · 29/04/2016 at 19:30

Smart.

Adam · 29/04/2016 at 16:24

Waiting for a Better BE for Shaw to trade in Weitering

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 16:39

its either this week or next. has a BE of about 122, next week his 70 score drops out of his 3 round average, so his BE will be significantly less next week, unless he has a shocker against the hawks.

Sjuten · 29/04/2016 at 16:25

Think I may trade gray and grab him back later for a fattened rook….. Considering Sloane , good option ? POD

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 16:25

Def: Shaw, Laird, Weitering, Adams, Dea, Tippa (DBJ, Byrne)

Do I trade Dea for Docherty to strengthen it up or do I hold??

Kev · 29/04/2016 at 16:55

Go for it

Mac · 29/04/2016 at 16:27

Thoughts on M.Boyd?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/04/2016 at 17:52

Too old. Dogs game style to quick for the old dog.

Shake n bake · 29/04/2016 at 16:27

I hopeing Dea gets dropped want to use him for my loophole! Is that bad thinking??

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 16:35

Kev · 29/04/2016 at 16:55

Never plan a loophole on "hoping" a player gets dropped! That's almost as bad as the "whoops, clicked on the wrong player" excuse

Wattsieesq · 29/04/2016 at 17:05

A guy I was head to head with last week had the vc on Gawn. I thought I was cooked until he put the captain on Grimley. Opps.

Charlesy · 29/04/2016 at 16:30

Hi guys, Selwood and Sloane in for Fyfe and parish. OR Parker and Simpson for Fyfe and Dea? Thoughts ?

The Weapon · 29/04/2016 at 16:40

like parker and simpson I'd go with those two but depends on your team's structure – If you're happy with your defence's output at the moment I'd go for for Jelwood and Sloane

Charlesy · 29/04/2016 at 16:47

Thanks weapon. I only have two premos down back so Simpson would be a reliable d3. Then weit and Adams. So it's been ok. Love Selwood and Sloane though!

DDJ · 29/04/2016 at 16:48

G'day community, with Tom Lee no longer the rookie to bring in this week what are some other rookies to consider bringing in even if it's a week before they're on the bubble?

I'm considering Mason Cox and Byrne jones unless I can find better options such as petracca, however he's one I'll be bringing in on the bubble.

Mika · 29/04/2016 at 16:38

What are people's thoughts on Blicavs for Fyfe? Could really do with the extra cash

Kev · 29/04/2016 at 16:48

I agree with Patch on this one, a super premium should be swapped with a super premium

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:43

Agree with Kev, otherwise you may end up wasting more trades than necessary if Blics doesn't end up a keeper.

The Weapon · 29/04/2016 at 16:38

Who Should I start out of petracca and matty dea this week (via dpp) think maybe petracca at this stage but dea is probably less likely to spud it up

Marco_Polo94 · 29/04/2016 at 16:40

Think I'm going to go a left field trade this week and go menadue to DBJ. with Gray on my bench this means I'd have to play BK or menadue on field, and I'd rather Adams. This gives me swings across all lines for now. More team balance. And can effectively cover Gray with a player I think will score well.

lachie08 · 29/04/2016 at 16:41

I'm thinking that the best downgrades this week would be to wagner (BE of -55) or Cockatoo. (has really good job security) Which one would be better or other better opinions. I know i missed both opinions too.

Kev · 29/04/2016 at 16:47

I think you've answered you're question, lachie. You've missed them both. If you really need to trade, Wagner, if not, hold off and wait for Petracca and Keays.

phil · 29/04/2016 at 16:57

If you must downgrade this week i reckon there is an exception to one of the golden rules. Petracca is a talent, priced nice, DPP….He wont let u down

lachie08 · 29/04/2016 at 17:01

If i go petracca then I have to have him on the field. What kind of score would we expecting from him.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:42

70+

Ron · 29/04/2016 at 16:46

I went Rockliff to R Gray 2 weeks ago. I also have Fyfe. 27 trades left. Do I just make the Fyfe trade or the double mid premo this week?

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 18:00

I'm in exactly the same boat thinking Fyfe to Hanners and Gray to Priddis? What about you?

BigHaydos · 29/04/2016 at 16:48

Dea and Weitering BANG BANG
Buddy and Dusty BANG BANG

buddy has a 3 course meal over the next month and dusty shoiuld come into form with the return of lids and versing a bitch ass power outfit not to mention he is finally priced about right

Luke · 29/04/2016 at 16:50

I like it. Cant help but feel Dusty will go massive this week. High BE but I am extremely tempted

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:41

Like the thinking but may as well save the 20k if he only gets 80-90 again. projected to go down 15k with a 101 projected score.

cooky · 29/04/2016 at 16:52

is it time we start taking Jarrad Waite seriously?

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 16:53

Dea to Docherty
Or
Dea to Buddy via DPP

Defence is thin but Buddy has easy draw for 3 weeks

dwhits · 29/04/2016 at 17:07

If you don't have Simpson, then get Docherty

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 17:12

Really??
      Even though buddies draw

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:38

If you feel like Buddy is going to go big then I'd go for it, like what I've seen from him so far, very consistent and some good games for sydney coming up as you say.

Chris · 29/04/2016 at 16:55

dea to tucker/petracca and lonergan to docherty?
or do i hold and do it next week?

Chris · 29/04/2016 at 17:01

im currently on 25 trades

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:37

Hold, unless Dea is pushed to the emergency list for sunday's game then maybe consider doing them. keep an eye on team announcements tomorrow.

Not a fan of getting players before their bubble but maybe Petracca could be an exception.

lachie08 · 29/04/2016 at 16:58

Hannas or J Selwood

dwhits · 29/04/2016 at 17:07

Personally hannas, but depends who else in your side

Moz · 29/04/2016 at 17:16

i'm going for Selwood, that's only because I already have Parker in my MIDS and i'm skeptical with having 2 premo mids from the same team in my team

Andrew · 29/04/2016 at 17:01

Thoughts on bringing in Toby Greene. He is only 458k, Were his 50's or the 100's his standard games. Do people think he will be top 10 forwards?

Jerald · 29/04/2016 at 17:16

I think he will be

Timchief · 29/04/2016 at 17:05

What's the community view on mark murphy? Is he injured? Worth a chance at $440k? Interesting pod.

Luke · 29/04/2016 at 17:17

Like the thought. BE 121 though

Scott · 29/04/2016 at 18:59

Although he is likely to score well this week, I'm thinking next week is price will be cherry ripe.

dwhits · 29/04/2016 at 17:06

Who's gonna end up averaging more, Priddis or Ward?

Only 2k separates them and I already have danger, ablett, parker

Moz · 29/04/2016 at 17:17

I would go Ward, don't like it that Priddis gets rested from time to time

Laurie · 29/04/2016 at 17:09

Waite or Zorko? Conundrums.

cooky · 29/04/2016 at 17:16

i want a to pull the trigger on Waite to but something is holding me back.

Laurie · 29/04/2016 at 18:17

Thanks for your help guys I have the same feeling something keeps saying no to Waite

Moz · 29/04/2016 at 17:17

Zorko

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:35

Agreed

Luke · 29/04/2016 at 17:11

Thinking a POD move and bringing in M Boyd. Breakeven is 81, in less than 5% of teams, has dropped $70k and there is no one left at the bulldogs half back line. Would be a trade from Dea to Boyd.

Leaves my team looking like this with 26 trades remaining and $136k :
Def: Shaw, Laird, Boyd, Rich, Weitering, DBJ (Brown, Ruffles)
MID: Danger, parker, Ablett, Pendlebury, Priddis, Libba, Barlow, Mills (Kennedy, Davis, Dunkley)
Ruck: Gawn, NicNat (Grimley)
Fwd: Hall, Greene, Wells, Adams, Kerridge, MCDT(Menappoo, Wyatt)

Gotta decide soonish I suppose…

Luke · 29/04/2016 at 17:13

I know players are in the wrong positions like Barlow etc but this will be corrected next week.

Adsy · 29/04/2016 at 17:15

Hey guys, I'm in a minority here by the looks but I'm keeping my powder dry on Petracca. Oliver hasn't done a lot wrong to get dropped, and the fact that Roosey has held him back until Round 6 says to me that a poor game may well see him back in the magoos. If I'm proven wrong over the next few weeks I'm happy to bring him in on the bubble but I'll only miss out on a couple of rookie type scores rather than having to fork out trades or have non-appreciating cash cows on the mids bench.

In other news, I'm going to hold R.Gray until a better prognosis comes up. Does anyone have an opinion on who the best one out of Dea, B.Kennedy, or Weitering would be? I was thinking Dea to K.Simpson because I have the coin, but is there a Kennedy to a 500k mid available?

Harry · 30/04/2016 at 00:13

Best 500 odd k mid would be Viney and M Duncan I reckon. Duncan had 1 bad score when he got knocked out. Otherwise look at his other scores.

But I think you're wrong on Petracca. Heck I've had him since the start of the season. Kid's a gun

Leeds17 · 30/04/2016 at 07:57

Resoning is sound, I have heard that Petracca is basically O'Meara with better skills but no harm in just waiting for him.

Rick Grimes · 29/04/2016 at 17:16

The herd seems to be trading Gray. I think I'll hold. He's a gun and in 2-3 weeks will be pumping out 120+ a game. They herd will come back but it will have cost them 2 trades and a negligible points gain.

The Voice of Reason · 29/04/2016 at 17:27

Well enjoy a fall back in the rankings and lost league matches whilst you park $550K on the bench for 3 weeks that could even drag out longer.

Then a bunch more p1ss poor scores whenever he returns as Port's season will be shot by then! He'll then be worth bugger all at that point and you'll be forced to hold him whether you want to or not.

But hey don't follow the herd if you like! 😉

Rick Grimes · 29/04/2016 at 17:34

We'll see champ. Enjoy those points now and then watching everyone go past you because you spunked your trades away. Mooooo

The Voice of Reason · 29/04/2016 at 17:41

Have 28 trades left which will be down to 26 after replacing Fyfe and Gray but thanks champ for asking.

No point saving trades if you don't have any finals to play because your regular season has turn to sh1te LOL!

50_Shades · 29/04/2016 at 17:58

Each to their own, if you've got reasonable cover for gray, probably no real harm holding for a week or two to get more news.

You have no idea how he will return, average, above or below…

Couchcoach · 29/04/2016 at 17:21

Hi community who sits on the bench out of petracca b Kennedy or Papley ?

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 17:50

That's a tough one I have a similar issue.

farmerwantsafyfe · 29/04/2016 at 17:21

Dea/weitering to tucker

and

Lonergan to docherty/simpson

or

HOLD TILL NEXT WEEK???
im currently on 25 trades and about 650th overall

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 17:52

Hold IMO

DDJ · 29/04/2016 at 17:21

Best rookie options this week before they're on the bubble besides petracca?

Considering zack smith > mason cox & ken ken > Byrne jones, thoughts?

Moz · 29/04/2016 at 17:23

Byrne Jones you've missed out on, should have gotten him last week.
    Zac Smith –> Cox though I like

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:34

Dangerous trade.

Jarrod Witts had split webbing so he could come back anytime, if they decide to play Witts and Grundy next week he'll be dropped.

james · 29/04/2016 at 17:26

hello community heres my team

Laird, Adams, Houli, Weitering, Dea, DBJ (Byrne, Rug)
Danger, Fyfe, Ablett, Hannebery, Priddis, Gray, Shiel, Parish ( Hewett, Davis, Gresham)
Gawn, Nic Nat (lorensch)
Hall, Wells, Kerridge, De Goey, BenKen, AMT (Petracca, Menadue)

this week my trade plans will involve getting rid of Fyfe and Gray(Will not hold) because they are both injured and i was thinking to use this as an opportunity to trade in 2 PODs so the trades 'm doing this week are

Fyfe—-> Sloane
Gray—-> Zieball

sloane is a gun and the crows draw will be soft coming up, watched some north games and Zieball looks like a genuine a grader this year

would love some thoughts community

Central · 29/04/2016 at 17:26

Hi community just a quick question to make sure about the captain loop hole. If I have Danger VC and Hanners C and Dangers has an of the chain game (130+) if I put Milera on the field as C and Wells as an emergency would that work? Is that how it goes? Needing abit of advice please

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 17:33

Wells plays tonight, so wouldn't use him

Crows play before cats, that won't work either

Moz · 29/04/2016 at 17:27

Who's the best option for a DEF upgrade for Dea?

My DEF is: Shaw, Laird, Rich, Weitering, AMT, Dea (DBJ, Ruggles)
$640,000 in the bank

Worth trading Dea this week or just hold?

Luke · 29/04/2016 at 17:36

Same defense as me. I went Dea to Boyd

50_Shades · 29/04/2016 at 18:02

Doherty or Simpson I say.

sam · 29/04/2016 at 19:13

Iwould get rid of rich very unreliable little relevance to sc

merlin · 29/04/2016 at 19:28

agree Rich is a spud big time

Marvin · 30/04/2016 at 08:24

Rich's be is 57. I wouldn't get rid of him this week

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:31

If Milera is your only donut/loophole option then you will need to put the vice on someone from Nth or Doggies tonight.

If you put the C on Milera he will have played before Danger and Hanners, which means it will lock in your vice captain's score.

This why the best donut/loophole players are those with an abundance of late saturday or sunday games.

Central · 29/04/2016 at 17:35

Milera is in SANFL team this week

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:45

Moz is aware of that they are just trying to work out how to use the loophole.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:59

My bad ignore.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:59

Your lophole option ie Milera has to be playing after your vice captain pick.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 18:04

*Milera's team the crows must be playing after the the vice captain.

Greg · 29/04/2016 at 17:39

Want to trade two of Sheridan, Lonergan and Dea and bring in two of Shaw, Boyd or Simpson.
I know Shaw is probably the best option but he has a high break even and will probably be cheaper as the year goes on.
Other option is T. Mitchell via DPP but he also has a high b/e so should be cheaper next week.
Thoughts please.

50_Shades · 29/04/2016 at 17:59

Don't count on Shaw getting much cheaper, if it's + or – $25k does it really matter. He's a good get now.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 17:40

I take his scoring seriously although for 575k I'd rather Buddy+75k. Waite is likely to drop off at least a little.

Nicholas · 29/04/2016 at 17:45

Here is my team community

Backs: Laird, Smith, Bartel, Dea, Weitering, DBJ (Hartley, Brown)

Mids: Fyfe, Ablett, Danger, Gray, Wines, Rich, Libba, Mills ( B ken, Menadue, Davis)

Ruck: Gawn, Nic Nat (Cox)

Fowards: Barlow, Hall, Wells, Adams, Kerridge, Tippa ( Papley, Mccarthy)

Currently got 24 trades and 385k in the bank.

Thinking Fyfe to Parker as my first trade.
I am sure whether to hold gray however right now I think I will the only problem is if he is longer than 3 weeks. He also does provide a nice loophole for my team since everyone is playing.

I could use my 2nd trade to go B Ken/ Menadue to Gresham/ Petracca which would give me a tonne of cash to double pgrade next week BANG BANG.

I could also use my 2nd trade to go dea to another premo via Rich DPP. The problem with this is that I may not be able to afford Shaw next week if I go this route and I do want him in next week unless I pick up a player around 550k like JPK and even that is not a guarantee since Shaw could go big which is unlikely because of the Hawks but still a possibility.

Also now strongly considering just going with the one trade of fyfe to parker this week and holding then doing a double upgrade next week

Any other alternatives are welcomed and I hope you did not get affected by the carnage so far like me…

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 17:57

hey Nic, try this.

Fyfe to Parker, but not the simple way…….

Trade Fyfe out, swing Wells to the mids, swing Brown to the forwards, swing Rich to defence, trade in Parker.

See what that does to your structures

Nicholas · 29/04/2016 at 18:00

Haha swingception

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 18:24

crazy

Crowmagnon · 29/04/2016 at 18:29

wow! best trade move I have ever seen.

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 19:16

You have to know how to make a simple trade into something that can also change your structure, ie swing Rich to defence where he should be.

You can then go Dea to JPK (example) via swing Tippa back, swing wells forward and trade in a mid. Gives you back your Def/Fwd swing set

troy · 29/04/2016 at 17:46

Best trad-in at ~$500k – I reckon Viney or Cripps – tempted to go Cripps????

FootyFanatic · 29/04/2016 at 19:01

Hold mate, wait until you can afford a top 10 midfielder as I can't see either Cripps or Viney finishing that high.

Harry · 30/04/2016 at 00:16

M Duncan. Take out his one bad week where he got knocked out and look at his scores

Leeds17 · 30/04/2016 at 07:55

I have Duncan and though i'm satisfied with him you can't fit Danger, Selwood and Duncan in the same SC side so if you have have or want to have the first 2 can't really get the latter.

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 17:47

Buddy or Docherty???

Sully321 · 29/04/2016 at 17:49

Ward, Pendles, or Sloane?

Ron · 29/04/2016 at 17:50

Danger, Ablett, Fyfe, Priddis, Libba, Barlow, Mills, Hewett / Bench: R Gray, R Davis, Oliver

I have Fyfe to trade out and Are Gray sitting on bench. What's the best cover or should I part with both of them. Advice Great. Thanks

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 18:24

I'm in exactly the same boat thinking Fyfe to Hanners and Gray to Ward? What about you

Ron · 29/04/2016 at 18:28

Just not sure if I hold Gray. How many trades you have left. I am thinking Fyfe to Hanners (Tick), Gray to Selwood or Ward? Who do you have covering you on the ground?

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 18:35

27 left before this weekend only have Davis, Menadue, Kennedy, Gresham to field? Might hold Gray and see what happens next week

Ron · 29/04/2016 at 18:39

I have 27 too. getting a 60 in place of a 120 for example is pretty tough for 3 weeks.

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 18:42

Yeah I understand but I'll only hold him cause I'm a power fan! Might upgrade Kennedy for someone better

Henry · 29/04/2016 at 17:58

How many trades does everyone have? I have currently 25. What's a good amount?

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 17:59

24 for me

Steeeve · 29/04/2016 at 18:00

I still have 28.
    Been ultra conservative so far but also got lucky with rookies and no LTIs.

Crowmagnon · 29/04/2016 at 18:30

27. 1 for Fyfe this week will leave 26.

Tommy · 30/04/2016 at 11:28

26 after trading in Goldy this week

Pinidu · 29/04/2016 at 18:00

Community, I have 28 trades and 440K in the bank. My team looks like this: (currently ranked in top 1%)

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Houli, Weiters, Dea, Adams (AMT, DBJ)
MID: FYFE, Ablett, Danger, Pendles, Libba, Parish, Mills, Hewett (Menadue, Davis, Dunkley)
RUC: Gawn, Nic Nat (Wyatt)
FWD: Hall, Barlow, Greene, Wells, BenKen, Kerridge (McCarthy, Papley)

Despite most attention going to Parker and Hannerbery I'm looking to bring in Matthew Priddis….thoughts?
I'm considering one or Hannerbery, Parker and Priddis….

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 18:04

Buddy, Docherty, Dahlhaus, Zorko???

Bretto · 29/04/2016 at 18:06

Thanks Ruggs for the loophole this week…

Charlie · 29/04/2016 at 18:09

Thoughts on these trades community?

Dea > Lee
Fyfe > Hanners/Selwood

Or should I be upgrading Dea?

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 18:15

Lee not playing

Charlie · 29/04/2016 at 18:17

Damn, thanks

Davonaise · 29/04/2016 at 18:42

Lee has been dropped

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/04/2016 at 18:11

Doing nothing this week.
Writing it off, have both gray and wingard so need to play rooks on the field.
Will wait on petrecca, keays etc till they r on the bubble as wanna see how they go against the big boys.
The "luck" continues. Had an pod premo miss every week so far so why not two.

Brutal start but as they say suck it up buttercup.

Marc · 29/04/2016 at 18:21

Sloane or Simpson

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/04/2016 at 18:26

Going with the theme above has to be Simpson.

Cliffy · 29/04/2016 at 18:23

Hey guys, these look to be my trade moves this week, currently have 25 trades left.

Fyfe – Hannebery
Gray – Pendlebury

I only traded in Gray a few weeks ago for Rocky, and had Fyfe right from the start of the season. Am I knee jerking too much with jumping off Gray and should just play the likes of a rookie off the bench for one week to cover him and reassess next week? Of course jumping off Fyfe is obvious and clear.

Additionally, who are people looking to play for rookies this week?

Def – Byrne-Jones, Adams, Tippa
Mid – Mills
Fwd – B.Kennedy, Kerridge, McCarthy

Is my thinking at this stage.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/04/2016 at 18:34

I traded rocky to gray too so sticking this week.
    BDJ, dea rooks down back. AMT on bench.
    Looping benken in mids with gray
    Kerridge, papsmear and adams up fwd with men a poo on the bench.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/04/2016 at 18:26

BTW PATCH. love these articles and the simmo references. PURE GOLD! Something to look forward to every Friday and a great way to finish the working week.
Keep it up.

James · 29/04/2016 at 18:26

Selwood or Hannerbary for Fyfe?

Is holding Dea for one for week a good idea?

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 18:33

yeah I am not really good options for a downgrade unless you can upgrade def?

James · 29/04/2016 at 18:37

I can go to Simpson/Docherty. Im on 25 trades and will have 50k left. Worth it?

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 19:04

I can to but I'm holding this week. But I would go Doc it I was going to upgrade?

Jacko · 29/04/2016 at 18:27

Who deserves a starting position, petracca, kennedy or keays?

And what should i do with B Crouch? Bastard has been almost in for 2 weeks in a row now

jimmy · 29/04/2016 at 18:27

if you could select any two mids would you go with:

2 Guns – Parker/Pendles/Smitch/Jelwood

2 POD's – Sloane/Ward/Neale/Zieball/Cotchin

1 Gun and 1 POD – from the list above

James · 29/04/2016 at 18:30

Parker Ward

Tommo09 · 29/04/2016 at 18:39

I would go Parker definitely and either Neale or Pendles
    Neale will need to step up in Fyfes absence
    Pendles is a gun

Loggy · 29/04/2016 at 18:28

Selwood or Sloane?

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 18:32

selwood

The Voice of Reason · 29/04/2016 at 18:35

The Cats draw, particularly their Supercoach finals draw is amazing, so I'd lean Jelwood.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 18:37

Dea named on interchange.

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 19:23

Its not a bad thing!

Dave · 29/04/2016 at 18:38

Ward, pendles or Sloane?

Jacko · 29/04/2016 at 18:42

Cant go wrong with all 3 really
    Pendles probably more consistent

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 19:27

Considering I'm a Pies fan I say Pendels……..but Ward, Pendels, Sloane in that order.

saalih · 29/04/2016 at 18:39

ward or sam micthell?

The Ranger · 29/04/2016 at 19:08

Ward. Mitchell will be managed at some point.

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 19:22

Ward

Davonaise · 29/04/2016 at 18:41

Menapoo might be worth holding, is playing and Port has so many key players out on top of them playing like shite.

If he score an 85+ that's a score you would love on field plus another price rise over 2 weeks

dean · 29/04/2016 at 18:42

how many trades should we be aiming to have at the byes ?

Davonaise · 29/04/2016 at 18:50

Well during bye's 6-9 trades you will want/need to use depending on structure and bye players

You will also want to come out of the bye's with only 1-2 on field rookie left to upgrade later on toward finals time.
    Also coming out of the bye's you will want bare minimum 10 trades left. The bye's are later this year so some coaches can survive on 10 trades left but I would be aiming for 12-13 trades left after the bye's like every year.

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 19:00

What is Deas break even?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 19:00

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 19:02

Other possibly important BE's to you are Kennedy 51, menadue 29, Mills 1, Davis 17, Weitering 79.

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 19:05

Blimey ! Didn't realise weatering so high might be time to move him on?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 19:16

Yep many are considering the move. I'm torn between trading either of them might just hold on both. Best of luck.

SCaddict · 29/04/2016 at 19:26

Yes I expected it to shoot up quickly as that 129 back in Rd3 has now fallen out of his pricing.

However I'll be holding him one more week mainly because we don't really have any awesome bubble boys this week and prefer not to go too early on Tracc.

But Weitering to Heater is high on my priority list for next round.

Andy · 29/04/2016 at 19:29

Heater??

Banned_34 · 29/04/2016 at 19:41

Heath Shaw

Cashcows · 29/04/2016 at 19:19

Is there concerns about holding cash cows too long that there's not enough rookies options and/or trades in a week to make good trades?
Is downgrading Dea early an option even if he makes his BE this week so you have 2 trades next week. A lot are getting rather ripe.

SCaddict · 29/04/2016 at 19:33

If there was an awesome bubble boy option this week then yes I'd be downgrading either Dea or Weitering but there isn't now that Lee disappeared in a puff of smoke.

Petracca is your only real option via DPP but I prefer to wait on him myself and who knows maybe a couple of our rookies punch out tidy scores this weekend and they are back in money making mode.

Banned_34 · 29/04/2016 at 19:20

Would it be to early to bring in a non player just for loophole? Just be nice to have the ability to take the VC score.
Thinking benken to non player
Dea to premo def

Kev · 30/04/2016 at 06:40

Silly. Just take it on the chin this week, don't waste a trade

Banned_34 · 30/04/2016 at 12:03

Yeah you're right. Thanks Kev.

Mac · 29/04/2016 at 19:22

Which 2 to field out of McCarthy, BenKen and Tippa?

gator59 · 29/04/2016 at 19:24

1&3

Banned_34 · 29/04/2016 at 19:25

For what it worth the projections are mcarthy 68, benken 69 and tippa 75. Throw a dart

Bomber56 · 29/04/2016 at 19:29

Don't you just hate seeing 26 green lights 🙁

Nervous Coach · 29/04/2016 at 19:29

Great work again Patch. I need to trade out Fyfe and there are multiple options (already have Pendles, Danger and Parker). My emergency warning system is Zac Smith. I would love to get rid of him this week, however, depending on who I trade out Fyfe for, I will not have sufficient funds to bring in anyone decent like Goldy, Gawn or Mumford. Should I hold him for another week and hope he doesn't leak any more cash and do a double trade next week (e.g. Ben Ken to Tucker/Petraca and then Smith to a prem ruckman). Thoughts!!!

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 19:42

Zac Smith is playing against his old team this week down at the cattery. He will have a point to prove and could come out firing. Probably best holding him for one more week. If he doesnt perform this week he never will and then its time to send him packing. Gary Ablett could be another nice VC option for the same reason if you have a Wyatt like non player in your side.

Cheers mate

Nervous Coach · 29/04/2016 at 22:48

Thanks Tophawk. I agree that Ablett is a good VC option, however, I'm concerned he is playing injured and I think Ward or Sloane (POD) might be a better option and also leaves me more in the bank to trade Smith next week. Thanks for the advice.

tom · 29/04/2016 at 19:30

Fyfe to Parker good trade?

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 19:33

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 19:33

Yep. Solid trade.

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 19:33

What ever happened to American Magpie? I used to love his yankee rants on here. I think the community ended up scaring him off in the end after he realised how bad he was at Supercoach. hahaha

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 19:47

Hahahaha. Dont tell me American Magpie has changed his name magpie4ever???

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 19:54

No but you play against him

The Ranger · 29/04/2016 at 21:47

It's not TF is it? Haven't seen him here for a while either.
        Pretty sure he isn't a Pies man tho.

The Ranger · 29/04/2016 at 22:01

Strike that.
          Throttle wasn't crap.
          Sorry TF!

steven · 29/04/2016 at 19:43

Does it matter who we trade first, Weitering or Dea?

Nicholas · 29/04/2016 at 19:44

Papley or mccarthy on field leaning to mccarthy but sydney have an easy game… And should I trade one of dea or weitering this week with my 427k or just hold and get a double upgrade next week as a guarantee

Derek · 30/04/2016 at 00:38

I'm going McCartjy. Like him a lot.

Although I'm looping McGovern with Paps using Wingard. All Wingard is good for

hedski · 29/04/2016 at 19:50

Decided on just the Fyfe to Jelwood trade this week will give Dea/Weits another chance.
VC on Goldmember tonight.
Hopefully less carnage this week good luck community (great work as always patch lekdog bvc et al)

hedski · 29/04/2016 at 20:08

Should have put the vc on wells

The Ranger · 29/04/2016 at 21:42

Who'd ya put the C on Hedski?
      I got no loops this week.

hedski · 29/04/2016 at 21:50

Its on danger ranger but I'm tempted by big maxy

The Ranger · 29/04/2016 at 22:32

Yeah snap. Might have to take a punt on Maxy.

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 20:21

Huge start by Wells. 45SC points at half time. Goldy a different story………7 SC points……

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 20:22

Quarter time

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 20:33

Yep got wells vice over libbe but early days yet

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 21:00

You are looking OKish at half time. 64 SC points at the half for a VC. On track for 128 if he keeps it up. The money is not in the bad by any stretch.

That said, to those who have Goldy as VC would be spewing at half time.

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 21:01

*bag

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 21:04

90% have Wells

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 23:06

I'll take the 122 captain score.

Leeds17 · 30/04/2016 at 08:02

Had 13 touches at 87de% at Qrt time, finished on 27 at 66de%, basically had 7 effective disposals for the next 3 quaters.

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:26

Yep didn't do a lot for the rest of the game, still a possible keeper and decent F5/F6

Aliir Aliir · 29/04/2016 at 20:42

Southern S is a tool #dirtymutt

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 20:44

?

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 20:56

Lol instead of trolling you should be mentally preparing for your big debut on the weekend Aliir!

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 21:05

Come on Aliir Aliir. I thought you were better than that. I know you probably letting off nervous energy before your first big game against Brisbane on Sunday, but mate!! Chill and focus on the footy instead of the man mate.

Steeeve · 29/04/2016 at 21:07

Goldy looking like a fantastic choice as VC. Whopping 18sc along with missed handballs, dropped marks and plenty of pine warming.

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 21:11

Gawny cramping his style? No longer top dog? Let see what he does in the second half.

Southern S · 29/04/2016 at 21:13

Knowing Goldy he'll probably still get 100

magpie4ver · 29/04/2016 at 21:31

Goldy on on 34? almost end of 3 qrt time?

Hoot · 29/04/2016 at 21:34

WAITE is starting to look the real deal

hedski · 29/04/2016 at 21:53

So is hunter. Pity he wasnt a mid/def

Lucky Phil · 29/04/2016 at 23:32

Yep sadly not SC relevant as he has too many dud scores to compete at the elite echelon in the midfield.

If he had DEF status that would be a different story but not as a pure mid.

There will be some who go point chasing him next week though.

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:04

Too many dud scores?

79, 119, 66, 124, 102 now 150. Seems pretty good to me.

If you jumped on Hunter for 400k he was a bargain, would make a good M7/M8

Holty · 29/04/2016 at 21:52

well, i never thought id see the day Goldy struggling to reach 60 sc points.

breakevens · 29/04/2016 at 22:09

Marcus Adams seems to have done something
In the hands of trainers but doesn't look too bad
fingers crossed

Josh · 29/04/2016 at 22:17

Good or bad trades

Weitering and Dea out Simpson and Darcy byrne-jones in?

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 22:19

Goldy will be a bargain in a few weeks in a rampaging North Melbourne side!

Steeeve · 29/04/2016 at 22:32

This is what everyone who didn't pick him was hoping for.
    Unfortunately all mid price ruckmen have been either poor, terrible or Lobbe. So not exactly an easy upgrade.
    Worth considering for those with Martin, Sauce, etc though.

magpie4ver · 30/04/2016 at 10:35

Yup

Holty · 29/04/2016 at 22:20

not the best start to the round. Had vc on Goldy and Adams, Liba. Positive was Wells but i think everyone has him.

Davonaise · 29/04/2016 at 22:30

I think everyone has these players Holty

Wells, Adams, For sure

Goldy, Libba is split between coaches

POD players that won tonight Dahl, Waite, Hunter

Coaches who have Libba and not Goldy
    Coaches who have Libba and Goldy
    Coaches who have Goldy and not Libba

Goldy owners will score low this week now seeing as almost all other coaches have Gawn NicNat combo

Shinboner · 29/04/2016 at 22:32

Doggies aren't a good defensive team? Only Cats have given up fewer this year and the Dogs have played one more game. Even with the injuries, their defence was the only thing that kept the scores reasonably close tonight. Waite earned every goal he scored.

I wouldn't bring in Waite myself because I have a 'no KPP' rule (that I regretfully bent for Stringer), but he can certainly score on a tight defence.

Davonaise · 30/04/2016 at 00:02

Flog comment Shinboner
    Can't agree that the Dogs defence is weakened far too much now.
    And the skill level from both sides was so poor it effected both teams especially on the scoreboard.

The Voice of Reason · 30/04/2016 at 00:14

Playing the man rather than the ball actually makes you the flog buddy.

If you ignore Waite now you are simply burying your head in the sand or is it already stuck up your @rse.

Face facts Waite is the real deal even if he's not in your own team as you are only looking more foolish the more you try to desperately dispute otherwise.

Derek · 30/04/2016 at 00:26

No KPP means None.

I have the same rule, but yet I'm thinking about Buddy

Shinboner · 30/04/2016 at 01:28

It's difficult to resist, Derek. I already regret having Stringer, and I deserve every bit of that.

Leeds17 · 30/04/2016 at 07:51

I reckon Stringer will be a massive SC player in the future just needs to be play as a 3rd tall down there so if Boyd can improve and Crameri comes back i'd be very tempted to start with Stringer next time around.

Question though why doesn't he cop criticism for his set shots? he's throwing out Cloke numbers accuracy wise.

Luviboy1 · 29/04/2016 at 22:32

Righto guys finally decided to go no trades this week. Will hold Gray and Wingard as well as the likes of Dea, BenKen and Weits.

McCarthy has come on for Wingard, but who comes on for Gray? Choices are Hewett, Davis or Menadue. I am unable to loophole any of these blokes as they all play after or during PA's game. Other rooks I have on field are Mills and BenKen if it matters. Leaning towards Hewett against a weak Lions outfit, but I feel Menadue is quite aptly 'due'. Thanks community.

Derek · 30/04/2016 at 00:21

This is where you could justify getting Petracca and hop he lives up to the hype

Luviboy1 · 30/04/2016 at 05:40

Could be worth picking him up early for decent cover. May have to move Adams on earlier than expected after last nights game so culling another rookie this round is justifiable. Who though?

Sully321 · 29/04/2016 at 22:37

Pendles or ward?

Derek · 30/04/2016 at 00:19

Pendles by a mile!

hedski · 30/04/2016 at 00:25

Wouldn't say a mile Derek, Ward has his claims this year. Saying that they are prob my top 2 mid targets. Hanners and Priddis also. Will be hard to pick top 8 this early.

Derek · 29/04/2016 at 22:41

Goldy had 40 hit outs, and still only got 50Sc.

Plenty of stoppages, 84 is higher than this season average, so no excuses there. I think the game might have been too fast for him and the two Footscray boys where to agile.

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 22:45

As well(s) as the North Melbourne boys

Luviboy1 · 29/04/2016 at 22:49

Curse of the Friday night VC perhaps. Mitchell last week, Goldy this week ;(

Northernsoul74 · 29/04/2016 at 23:30

Tom Campbell agile?

Jack · 29/04/2016 at 22:54

Goldstein scaled to 49…thought i'd seen it all

Harry · 30/04/2016 at 00:22

Whoever was doing champion data points tonight must not have had Goldstein in their SC team. It's the only explanation. Normally he gets unbelievable preferential treatment in SC scoring

Hoot · 30/04/2016 at 09:09

like Rance

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:36

It's the only explanation?

His hit-outs were rubbish. His marking was terrible.

His DE was only 50% and only got 8 touches.

He had two frees against, he had clangers. One tackle.

If a hitout is sharked by an opponent it's -1 point, which I saw happen multiple times.

He got bugger all to advantage which is 5 points, and usually where he makes his points.

This assumption that champion data is corrupt is a little ridiculous…..he had a poor night, last year he also got a 44 on a poor night, can happen to any player.

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:43

If you're aware of the ruck rule changes bought in a couple of years ago you'd also know that any hit-out no longer scores.

So the new system rewards good ruckwork compared with fantasy that just scores any hitout, these things are why supercoach is so much better, and allows people like Goldy to get massive scores when on fire.

Steeeve · 30/04/2016 at 00:36

Deserved to be scaled down, never seen him drop so many marks

Tophawk · 29/04/2016 at 22:59

VC on Gawn. Ready and loaded.

hedski · 29/04/2016 at 23:17

Vc was goldy. Danger it is.

Lucky Phil · 29/04/2016 at 23:27

Yep me too. Fear the beard ha ha!

What's your team name Tophawk?

Tophawk · 30/04/2016 at 03:06

Tophawks. Cheers

Harry · 30/04/2016 at 00:23

Me too. I've ignored Gawn as a C or VC option for too long. In beard we trust

Nicholas · 29/04/2016 at 23:19

Now that libba and adams be will be high after this round, thinking that sinc i have also ben k, menadue, dea, weitering that I should move someone on this week so I do not end up with a clog of players losing cash my team is on the earlier page if anyone is wondering but not sure if I should hold or not

hedski · 29/04/2016 at 23:30

Wouldn't stress on Libba too much copped a massive corky off waite start of 2nd qtr he'll be ok.

Northernsoul74 · 29/04/2016 at 23:35

Everyone, Nicholas 57th post on his team this week is on the previous page if you wouldn't mind searching, reading and telling him exactly what to do. Seriously why do you bother playing supercoach? I've yet to read one suggestion of your own all season.

Nicholas · 29/04/2016 at 23:59

I am asking for ideas not treating their words as gods. I have barely actually done the trades suggested just looking for ideas…

BundyBear · 29/04/2016 at 23:27

Waite has kept his numbers up above 100 for 6 weeks. Name a premo who has done that. Waite gonna bite you all

Davonaise · 29/04/2016 at 23:59

Ok then Waite will continue to kick 3+ goals against Sydney, Hawks, Geelong, ect scoring 100+ pts

Get off your high horses guys
    I watched the game Waite could have kicked not should have kicked 5 tonight Dogs had no defender to go with him. Both team skills were pathetic so that would be the major reason for the low scoring

Derek · 30/04/2016 at 00:31

Norf draw has been and will be for a few more weeks, very sweet.

Like all KPP he will soon have a 50

He is playing very well though

Ethan · 29/04/2016 at 23:48

slightly panicking with what to do with gray, i could either go and get hanners/jelwood or hold and pray he's only out 2 minimum

Nicholas · 30/04/2016 at 00:13

I would hold Gray he will bounce back and get 120's. He may lose cash but he is a proven keeper so his price does not matter

Derek · 30/04/2016 at 00:17

2 weeks you hold, but they said that about Crouch.

3 weeks I'd be thinking very hard, it's not just the weeks he misses, look at Ports next three games!! Nice

Nicholas · 30/04/2016 at 01:08

I would at least hold 1 week until we get more info

hedski · 30/04/2016 at 00:19

I'm holding. Build around him he'll be back.
    Just like Arnie.

Nicholas · 30/04/2016 at 00:14

Yeh most people without Goldy will have Gawn and Nic Nat so there is no way for me to get him in.

Juzzy · 30/04/2016 at 00:20

What an interesting game from a supercoach point of view.
For those of you with Dea, Weitering and Adams who haven't traded yet this round it is very interesting… moot point for me (I only have Adams now, turned Dea into Heater this week).
After our favourite Bulldog defender having a quiet one tonight it may be a pressing concern to try to upgrade one of the other two this week.
Three rookie defenders on field with high breakevens and not many downgrade targets could get scary in coming weeks.
P.S. Hold Adams. Is a gun. Still lowish BE. Not a snowflakes chance of getting dropped.

Nicholas · 30/04/2016 at 01:51

Decided to sit on my 420k until next week where I will reasses my rookies and the fallen premos available and probably do a double upgrade.

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 02:03

Might be a few bubble boys next week in Smith, Tucker and Wright. Following week petracca and maybe keays. Tis the week for upgrades, good premos at reasonable prices.

BundyBear · 30/04/2016 at 02:21

Should i start Wagner on the field or bench. its either him or Dea. which would be best to put on the park ? any ideas

Luke · 30/04/2016 at 07:10

Went Dea to Boyd and reverse traded about 15 minutes before the bounce. I reckon he will go at 100+ for the next 4 weeks, then drop when suckling comes back in. And when it comes to finals, johaniesson will most likely be back and stealing more points.
Will see if it is a good decision, but the 125 last night hurt haha.

JB_Tank · 30/04/2016 at 07:25

What is the optimal strategy heading into bye weeks – equal numbers out in each week, staggered so less in first week and use trades thereafter? Right now I am 7/13/10 and want to trade Fyfe to Hanners but then I will be 7/14/9. Some guidance from the community needed.

Hawks · 30/04/2016 at 08:01

Ideally you wan no more than 10 players having the bye in any one week.

That said with trades during the byes, I think a structure like 7, 11, 12 going into round 13 would work, as you look to trade-in to your team players that have already had the bye in prior to rounds 14 & 15.

An optimum balance after trades would look like – 8, 8, 8, so that each week your getting the 18 scores out of 22 players. It's also important to have coverage across all lines (swing men are critical), so hopefully Adams and AMDT survive until the byes. Also important to have spread of premo's over the 3 weeks.

All I can say is it is very tough to master the byes, good luck.

JB_Tank · 30/04/2016 at 11:25

Thank you much appreciated – figured should start thinking about it now especially with premos being traded in.

Hawks · 30/04/2016 at 07:50

Gone Gawn as VC.

Who should be captain in case Gawn does a Goldy.

Choice out of Selwood, Dangerfield, Ablett, Parker, Hall

Hoot · 30/04/2016 at 09:12

Danger I think

Kev · 30/04/2016 at 09:24

All good options.

Danger
    Ablett
    Selwood

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:25

Parker Hall or Ablett, been more consistent than Selwood and Danger.

Leeds17 · 30/04/2016 at 08:03

Will Sam Jacobs average over 100 this season?

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:29

Averaging under 80 at the moment but it's possible. I'd think probably 90-95 the way he is going.

Marvin · 30/04/2016 at 08:18

Would really appreciate any thoughts on this weeks trades or lack thereof. I'm currently traveling okay at 1850 but looking to beef up midfield sooner rather than later. Here's my team and have $103k ITB
Laird, yeo, weitering, Adams, tippa, dbj, dea, hartley
Gaz, priddis, shiel, cripps, Libba, rich, hall, kerridge, mills, Kennedy, davis
Gawn, nic nat,
Waite, zorko, merrett, Kennedy, wells, paps, McCarthy, menapoo

I have a few who are on the cusp and could go e.g Ben ken, dea, menapoo etc but probably can't upgrade to a pendles/Sloan/Parker type unless getting rid of weitering/rich. Though I am open to flicking shiel as it doesn't appear he will be a top 10 mid and I could get a wright/Lyons type averting around that for a lot less.

Anyway would love some suggestions would ideally like to downgrade one to get some cash to spend next week

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:23

Not a great week for downgrades unless you take a risk on Jarryd Lyons, which I'm not sure I would do for 300k. Could lock in Petracca now if confident on him.

I'd say the boat has been missed on Wright.

There could be downgrade targets for next week like Smith (Mid-coll) Tucker (Def-freo) and Peter Wright (Fwd-GCS). These three will be on the bubble if named next week.

Following week petracca and keays on the bubble if things go well. Plan your upgrades/downgrades carefully rookie stocks may run thin after this lot.

Marvin · 30/04/2016 at 12:04

Hey thanks mate that's great advice. I thought Higgo was high on lyons but I should maybe wait as you say. I was also thinking about wagner as the best downgrade option this week. Cheers again

Manula · 30/04/2016 at 08:30

Had Goldy as VC so I need to get my captain right. Hannas in his 150th and wet in Sydney or Dangerfield. Dangerfield has not put together two ripper games in a row this year. Your suggestions would be appreciated community.

Kev · 30/04/2016 at 09:19

Depends how superstitious you are re: danger, but you're right, based on 5 weeks prior this is his "down" week. Hanners has a good record against the lions (131, 123, 149 last 3).

Any other options? Gaz loves Metricon and loves playing against the Cats. Priddis is due for a big one and averages 130 over his last 5 against the Pies. Gawn is in great form

Tophawk · 30/04/2016 at 09:54

Gaz loves playing at Skilled Stadium even more. (Kardinia Park) That is where Gaz will be playing this week. Not Metricon Stadium. Cheers

Kev · 30/04/2016 at 10:11

My bad tophawk

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:11

The game against Brisbane is at the Gabba but he'll probably go well up there anyway.

I'd go Hanners on his 150th.

Manula · 30/04/2016 at 08:48

Regarding my comment above. My bad. Hanners is playing in Brisbane where scattered showers are predicted.

Hoot · 30/04/2016 at 09:20

I went Hannas – at full price without hesitation.

There's still 3200odd SC points up for grabs

See if it pays off

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:11

lol saw this comment after posting above.

Luke · 30/04/2016 at 09:20

Dea to lachie neale or hold? Or even Sloane. Ranked 433 with 27 trades left and wanting to keep moving up.
Have menapoo, benken, Weitering all looking like they may have maxed out and may need to go next week.

Neale surely steps up with Fyfe out. Average has gone up every year since he started and only 22 years old.

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:13

I'd be going for better premos. You can take a punt on Neale but for a bit more (30K+) guys like Parker, Pendle, Ward, Priddis and Selwood are available.

Tophawk · 30/04/2016 at 10:13

Can Gawn back up from last week against the Saints today? Doubt that Hickey will scare the neanderthal beard man one bit. I reckon he will be extremely motivated to make a massive statement today. Especially after Goldy's ghoulish effort last night. I am gonna give him the VC for the first time today. The target for Gawnie is 149. NOT 49….. Let's hope he can pull it off.

Southern S · 30/04/2016 at 10:18

He's played saints twice and has a 110 and a 118, like it Tophawk.

magpie4ver · 30/04/2016 at 10:37

I put the VC on him as well

Andy · 30/04/2016 at 11:25

I have Fyfe and Gray and getting flogged after last nights game! Who should I trade in and put the C on?

Alex · 30/04/2016 at 11:48

Danger or Gawn VC?

Redgumwon · 30/04/2016 at 13:04

Gawn VC and Danger Captain

tom · 30/04/2016 at 13:29

Is Fyfe and Weitering to Parker and Simpson good trades?

Andy · 30/04/2016 at 16:47

Who should put the C on? Ablett or Danger?

I hate know it all's · 30/04/2016 at 16:50

Hey "SC Addict" you don't know Sh!? Mate telling me to stay away from Hunter and Viney! Can't consistently score over 100 you said. You're a SC addict Sucking [email protected]

Holty · 30/04/2016 at 17:12

hey idiot. noone knows all the answers on this site. you come on here ask your question and people give their advice. Based on both of their performances over the last few years, SCaddict has simply just tried to help. Obviously you asking your question about these two meant you were unsure about these two as well? If you picked them, good for you. If you didn't, you have noone else to blame but yourself. In future, grow some balls and select them if you want.
    Plus SCaddict is right. highly doubtful still these 2 will be top 12 midfielders come seasons end

baggy Pants · 30/04/2016 at 17:06

Wonder how many will be trading Barlow in now?

Holty · 30/04/2016 at 17:23

lol. Very good question. i traded him out early and when fyfe went down i seriously considered picking him up this week but didnt. He is starting to look good again niw he is back in the midfield. Which makes you wonder why Ross hasnt played him their all season?

Andy · 30/04/2016 at 17:24

I tossed up between him and Neale who had 40 touches but mostly handballs.

Dave · 30/04/2016 at 18:01

Any news on the severity of Laird's ankle injury?