PatchCoachKingsLogoThere’s something to be said for toilet humour.

It’s a nice little reminder that we were once ten years old, without a care in the world, where could be knocked over in fits of laughter by the mere mention of the word “poo”.

Life can be a cruel mistress sometimes, and often toilet humour, in it’s beautiful and nostalgic and silly way, makes it a nicer place.

This is one of the reasons I love Steele Sidebottom. Though I know he will be sick to death of it, a small part of me giggles inside whenever I hear his name. It’s stupid and foolish but I mean I’m 12 years old at heart.

However, the Sidebum took it too far this weekend. Not content with having a mildly amusing last name, old mate Steele decided to draw us a picture with his heat map.

Steele Sidebotton Heat Map

True artwork. They should hang it in the National Gallery of Victoria amongst other giggle-worthy football paraphernalia, like Fremantle’s premiership window, a rare Collingwood supporter’s tooth and that machine they used to reanimate Charlie Dixon.

Anyway, I hear you say, is that all you have to say? Come along, don’t be a goose, you sound just like that Dr Zuess! Come on son, you have to strive to give us the news about round five!

THE NEWS

Poetic frivolities and toilet gags aside, football rolls on. Christian Petracca is a chance to make his debut, named on an extended bench for Melbourne. Word is he will only be an emergency, but this is indeed promising news. Jayden Hunt joins him on that extended bench, as does Ben Kennedy, which is a bit scary.

Furthermore, we see the return of George Hewett and Lincoln McCarthy to go alongside the debuts of Mason Cox and Daniel Currie (who has played at AFL level, but it’s his first game for the Suns). Sam Grimely has been named on Essendon’s extended bench, but I feel he’ll be culled before ANZAC day.

Sydney goalsneak Tom Papley also survived at the selection table, which is great news due to his easy run of games after this week, but Wayne Milera is out with a quad for the next fortnight, allowing replacement Charlie Cameron a chance to cement that spot.

Rolled gold returns this week, as Josh Gibson, Matt Priddis and Tom Rockliff are all named for their respective sides. For those with points of difference in Devon Smith and Corey Enright, they also return.

Speaking of rolled gold, it’s the time of year Brett Deledio remembers he’s a professional footballer, and part of that job involves actually playing AFL football. He’s been named to face the Lions, as have Ivan Maric and Anthony Miles.

Stefan Martin has been named to play following Steven May’s huge hit on him last weekend. May will miss five games for the terrifying, but admittedly impressive ability to knock a 200cm, 100kg man running at full flight deep into the surface of the Gabba.

Suns playmaker Trent McKenzie has reinflated his nose and is right to play the Roos on Saturday. However, Dion Prestia is out with illness, which might allow Jesse Longergan to score us some goddam points. If he can’t do it now, will he do it? Callum Sinclair returns. Eagles ruckman Scott Lycett is also suspended this week.

And, of course, Jason Johanissen did his hamstring kicking a monster goal from 55 out on the weekend, and needs to be traded.

THE TALKING POINT

Jason Johanissen has gone down for ten weeks following his blistering start to the season, causing tears of anguish down at the kennel, and, more importantly for us, in our eyes. Special mention to those who traded him in last week – which is a lot of people. I feel your pain.

But, he’s got to go. But to whom? There was a lot of debate surrounding this on the podcast, and I firmly believe we have to trade him to another rolled gold premium. He was looking to be a top 6 defender, and I’m replacing him with someone I believe will be a top 6 defender, Lekdog’s man Sam Docherty. Giant playmaker Heath Shaw will undoubtedly be the number one defender this year, and is now over 50k cheaper than he was at the start of the year. However, with a breakeven of 130, I’m waiting on him for another week or two. Alex Rance also showed why he’s held in such high regard, busting out a 140 last week and one of the more solid trades you could make. Honourable mentions to Bachar Houli and Kade Simpsons, who I put just below those three.

[Cheers to James for picking me up on this; I glossed over Rory Laird who should also be one of the top 6 defenders this year, and looks top notch.]

If you’re strapped for cash, I really like what we’ve seen from Daniel Rich this year. I know a few Rich owners have traded him out after he was tagged to death and playing while injured and sick against North. I reckon he’ll bounce back, and should make a top 10 defender. Still around 400k, he’s looking a better option than Shannon Hurn (who I have). If you’re really strapped for cash, Orazio Fantasia has three 90+ scores from three games and looks comfortable across half-back. Buyer beware, but bargain in the making at 400k.

Otherwsie, if you want to build the war chest and have the cover, Darcy Byrne-Jones or Ciaran Byrne are the two blokes you should be targeting. Tom ‘Rugmuncher’ Ruggles, while having a very amusing name, doesn’t have great job security, and I don’t like the volatility of Melbourne’s rookie selections, so would avoid Josh Wagner.

TRADING PLACES

A collection of numbers that decide if numbers players score on the weekend makes their overall number go up or down. It’s a whole lotta numbers that sometimes don’t make a whole lotta sense, but small number = good for making do$h, big number = they’ll sink.

Eddie Murphy’s

127 – Gary Ablett
124 – Heath Shaw
119 – Sam Gray
118 – Oliver Wines
104 – Daniel Rich

CAPTAIN PLAN-IT

Todd Goldstein is the obvious choice for VC this weekend, as he comes up against his old protégé in Daniel Currie, who will be rucking solo against him at Metricon. Matt Priddis loves a contested game, and that’s exactly what he’ll get against the Swans. Patrick Dangerfield might also be worth a look, if you can trust him after two very un-captaincy like scores in four weeks from him.

For captaincy choices, I’d look to Callan Ward against the Saints and Nat Fyfe against the Blues. I expect both of these blokes to rip it up against weaker sides.

My smokie this week is Josh Gibson. Back off a rest, floating in and out of the Adelaide forward line, could do a huge amount of damage. If I had him, I’d be chucking the VC squarely on him.

That’s it from me, community! Good luck this week, and remember to check out Lek’s cheat sheet and Barron’s rookie report to get the full overview of fantasy footy analysis for this week. Also, make sure you get down and give CoachKings a shot. I mean who could turn down a shot at ONE THOUSAND DOLLARYDOOS!?

CoachKings Cash

Just pretend I photoshopped it, okay? Anyway, good luck, community! Would love to hear your trades, your captaincy moves, and how you’re faring overall!

See you in the comments!

6.00 Edit – Sunday teams have been announced and Christian Petracca has NOT been selected, however, Ben Kennedy is safe. If you were sucked in by Lekdog and have Nick Graham, he’s been dropped, and Darcy Tucker is in for the Dockers. Jacob Hopper has been named as an emergency.

And pocket-sized Bulldog Caleb Daniel will miss this week’s game!

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 12:07

Should VC be on GAJ or Goldy???
Will Petracca play???
Is Gresham to Byrne a good trade???
These are questions that are bugging me
Thanks community

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 12:14

I'd go Goldmember, Thommo, but you can't go wrong with either.
    I don't think Truck will play this week, unless Garlett goes down with an ankle.
    Yes to the trade if you need cash generation.

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 12:17

Thanks patch
      Awesome work Patch by the way

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 12:36

Gresham or Dunkley out

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 12:55

No worries mate! Gresham seems less likely to get back into the side at this stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if neither of them are used until late, late in the season.

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 12:58

Should I keep Gresham for his late games for the loophole option

Rakesh · 22/04/2016 at 13:32

Goldy

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 13:41

He's my VC

Andy · 22/04/2016 at 18:43

It's not worth wasting a trade to Byne to make only 20k

James · 22/04/2016 at 12:22

Definitely going to trade Milera to DBJ, is it worth doing another trade going Papley to Byrne?

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 12:56

I'm personally holding Papley, if only because I'm getting rid of JJ and Milera. If you've got trades to 'Byrne' then do it, if you've used 4 or more already I'd probably hold

Matt · 22/04/2016 at 13:21

Hi Patch, is going papley to DBJ worth it or should I just hold papley and wait for other rookies?

Brent · 22/04/2016 at 16:46

I'm having the exact same predicament, going with milera to dbj and holding papsmear. Mainly to try and reign in my rampant trading patterns that left me high and dry at the end of last season.

James · 22/04/2016 at 12:24

Surprised Laird wasn't mentioned as a viable option for JJ, good write up nonetheless

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 12:57

I completely glossed over him as I thought everyone had him! Cheers for pointing that out, James!

Koovie · 22/04/2016 at 12:25

trades this week

Clayton Oliver to Nat Fyfe
JJ to Byrne-Jones

i'm holding Papley for at least one more week

thoughts ?

Scotty · 22/04/2016 at 12:30

Did the exact same but I already had Fyfe so I backed in Hannerbery

If Byrne – Jones can score 90 odd in a demolition derby for his side, he surely can keep up that score

fatboyfat7 · 22/04/2016 at 12:40

Why are you trading Oliver? More cash to be made there and he's only being rested, should be back next week.

Bazza · 22/04/2016 at 14:01

I dont think we can trust Nat Fyfe as he is new to the league and may struggle to keep up with the speed of the game. Byrne-Jones looks like more of a solid option as he has been around the league a lot longer and has much more experience.

oldie · 22/04/2016 at 14:07

i like the idea of experience.
      using that idea it might be good to consider dustin fletcher or matty scarlett

clubber lang · 22/04/2016 at 14:26

kevin bartlett was named on the wing for richmond

Average Joe · 22/04/2016 at 16:31

Nathan Buckley is also said to be playing on Monday; looks to be in better form than most of the players

Paul · 22/04/2016 at 14:42

Good luck with Papley getting to his B/E this week.

Beagz · 23/04/2016 at 10:30

The idea is that even if he gets a 50 this week and drops a bit, the swans have an easy run of games after this where he will increase again.

My stones wouldn't allow me to hold him but I can't fault the logic of those who have.

Sully321 · 22/04/2016 at 12:27

Do you think it's worth holding onto papley? I could go papley to DBJ or I could trade out Davis or Menadue to him?

Marco_Polo94 · 22/04/2016 at 13:04

I'm in exactly the same boat mate, and I have decided to just let DBJ go. DBJ could come out and make me regret it over the next week or so, but I think because we know what Papley is capable of he is worth another shot.

Markos · 22/04/2016 at 14:03

I think you should look to trade in Josh Bootsma as he is one of the only Carlton players to show some balls out on the field.

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 12:40

Thankyou patch for your comments on the Sidebum and his pitch map. turned a tough day at the office into a great day.

i agree with what Jock said in the Casting of the Pod, your PANIC ROOM article is the best piece of literature written anywhere on the world wide web.

The Updater · 22/04/2016 at 12:45

Hello Community,

This week i will be trading Sam Gray to Darcy Byrne Jones via Brown,
but what should i do with Papley?
Hold him and hope either he scores in range or over his BE against geelong or

Randomclcihe · 22/04/2016 at 15:47

Go up for a premo to cover s gray.

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 12:53

is that pescty Jacobs from North melbourne playing this week? the one who did the tag on Rich a couple of weeks back. what are the chances of him going to Ablett this week, or even Hall?

i like Nic Nac as a VC choice. I watched him last week and noticed that him and Lycatt shared the stoppages about 60/40, both scored about 100SC points. Lycatt gets a week rest, Nic nat could go big.

Marco_Polo94 · 22/04/2016 at 13:01

That's an excellent point, forgot Lycett was suspended. VC currently on Parker but could change.

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 13:23

Gaz monstered Jacobs last year and he didn't have a shoulder. His record against North is just too arousing to ignore for vc

joshii · 22/04/2016 at 14:05

i think its a good week to put the vc on jesse white as i feel he will have a day out on anzac day and kick a bag

Randomclcihe · 22/04/2016 at 15:49

Yep will kick as many an Dawson

Juniorburger · 22/04/2016 at 22:01

Except its the last game of the round and therefore worthless unless your captain is a last minute withdrawal

Wattsieesq · 22/04/2016 at 17:28

I'm up against you in one of my leagues this week. Beware of Bling Hoodie FC : ) Good luck!

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 13:02

Hey community running low on trades already with 25 left so I could not have too many donuts a bad start for me here is my team:

Defenders: laird, Bartel, B Smith, Weitering, JJ, Dea (Brown, Hartley)

Midfielders: Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, R Gray, O Wines, Rich, Libba, Mills ( B Ken, Menadue, Davis)

Rucks: Nic Nat, Gawn ( M Cox)

Forwards: Hall, Barlow, Wells, Adams, Kerridge, Tippa ( Papley, McCarthy)

Most likely going to go JJ to DBJ or the other byrce however I am thinking of keeping Papley because of my limited trades remaining and 1 game is all it takes to save his BE. Just wondering your thoughts on what I should do this week and how I can save my trades in the coming weeks with a few rookies peeking in 1-3 weeks, because last week i went hewett to hartley and crouch to B smith which didnt work out too well. Another option would be JJ straight up to Docherty or another premo but then I miss DBJ and byrce who both look pretty solid. Also a side not currently have 46,300 in bank before trades

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 13:44

going JJ to DBJ means that you will have to play either DBJ, Brown or Hartley on the field this week.

we already looked at swinging Rich back to defence but you only would have $510k to get a midfield premo, not quite enough to get anyone who would be a keeper.

i wouldn't jump on Docherty. the idea is to trade in your keeper premiums at their lowest price. Docherty has increased $18k this year, meaning you are at a disadvantage to those who got him at his starting price. wait for him to fall (they usually do at some point) or look at a premium keeper who has already fallen, if you wait a week you might get Shaw for $510, maybe.

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 14:04

If i wait a week i have to field hartley or brown which probably isnt the best idea

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 15:09

you can swing Tippa to defence (via Brown) put Tippa on field in defence and play either McCathy or paps on field in forwards

if you really like Docherty in your team, then get him this week with a straight swap from JJ.

you could wait to see how Shaw does this week. he has a 124 BE, so he will need to have another 70 to drop to within your one-trade price range (low chance), otherwise you trade JJ to DBJ and get Shaw in a few weeks when your other cash cows are culled.

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 14:05

So what fo you recommend I do?

Northernsoul74 · 22/04/2016 at 15:15

At some point you are going to have to play this game for yourself and make a decision. You're getting so much advice daily you may as well just give your login and password to Derek and let him play for you.
        Seriously I don't understand where the fun is in asking other people to make every decision for you.

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 16:02

I am not necessarily going to follow his opinion just like a wide range of opinions before I make my final choice haha

ThatDamnRascal · 22/04/2016 at 16:21

Disagree in having to trade in keeper premiums at their lowest price. Yes it's ideal but if it plugs a hole in the side and is a solid enough pick to be there until the end of the season then go for it.
      Take the team above for example(Keepers are in Caps):
      DEF: LAIRD, BARTEL, B.SMITH, Weitering, jj, Dea (Brown, Hartley)
      MID: FYFE, DANGER, ABLETT, GRAY, Wines, Rich, LIBba, Mills (BKen, Menadue, Davis)
      RUCK: NICNAT, GAWN (Cox)
      FWD: HALL, BARlow, WElls, ADams, Kerridge, Tippa (Pap, Mccarthy)
      The players with half and half could turn out to be keepers or solid bench cover for later in the season

Top Deck NEEDS to be either turned into cash via a DBJ trade OR upto a Docherty, Shaw, Houli type that will then be a set and forget player. Getting them at a discounted rate is ideal but if there is a player that YOU believe will be in your side for the rest of the season and you have the cash then jump on and ride him home.

Now Nicholas I'd say you're about on par with trades maybe a couple light but there's plenty of cover on the bench and via some trades for you to conserve over the coming rounds. I think the next double trade after this week will be rd 8 or 9 once some cows are ready for slaughter.

I think DBJ is a must to get some more cash in the bank and one of the other bubble boys too. A double downgrade this week and look at Ben Ken and Menadue as upgrade targets next week(remember once BE is close to their AVG they are getting close to being traded) then hold fire for a few rounds.

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 16:43

I dont really have a 2nd player to downgrade since I want to give papley as i think after this week his draw is soft and he has pretty good JS

Marco_Polo94 · 22/04/2016 at 13:02

ahahaha the heat map is bloody brilliant. JPK left training early with a strapped achilles for those who have him. Nothing SC damning yet but keep a look out on that for tomorrow.

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 13:28

i think only in about 3% of teams. on my watchlist once he became cheap enough.

however it is significant for the other swan midfielders and how it will affect their scores.

Goose · 22/04/2016 at 13:14

Traded Johannisen down to Byrne-Jones
What forward premium should I bring in for Milera? Thinking Zorko or Buddy at this stage.

Or as a bit of a pod, thoughts on swinging Mcdonald-Tipungwati up forward and bringing in Shane Biggs at $425k? Coming off 120 last week and should step up in the absence of JJ and Bob Murphy

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 13:53

Zorko looking magnificent

annoying old lady · 22/04/2016 at 13:22

I can do some clever trading to go from JJ and Papley -> Byrne-Jones and Ward

Papley probably has more cash generation to be had, but I'm going for overall rank (currently around 1300ish). Owners would be happy if he generates another 100K, but i think in my situation, sacrificing that for more points in the race to 50k is worth it.

Thoughts community?

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 13:57

You must be my mother in law. Don't mind those trades Carol

Monkey_Magic · 22/04/2016 at 14:09

Solid moves AOL. Ward is a Gun and is having a great season so far. Papley looks due for a rest and as you've said your going for overall so very good trades.

Carl J · 22/04/2016 at 14:24

If you're rank 1300 ish you might as well give up now, that is a shit house ranking and we've only played four rounds. You are obviously an amateur and need to actually have any idea on how to play SuperCoach before you comment on this site.

Boris Baconbeer · 22/04/2016 at 17:05

Note to Carl: only those who have actually won money can consider themselves as professional. Probably only those who have won 50k have only been a professional for one year. I know you could be proficient at something , but I think the term professional is used for someone who makes a living from the profession. Therefore there really are none :p
      Btw I think ppl in the top 10000 are all on a par for ability in this game. It requires a little luck to get top 100 or win.

borisbaconbeer · 22/04/2016 at 17:07

Note to self: shit he didn't actually say the word professional. So I should just stfu. 🙁

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 18:40

Is the J for jerk, Carl?

wombatsfc · 22/04/2016 at 22:05

pfft. your a goose Carl. Some previous winners have been ranked lower than 30,000th at this stage and a captains choice is all that separates the top 100 atmo

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:28

Love those trades, AOL!

annoying old lady · 22/04/2016 at 16:51

Cheers Patch, love you mate <3

Great article and great read if I don't say so myself! Keep em coming, you're the best!

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:16

Oh, stop it you! *blushes* You're the best!

Steeeve · 22/04/2016 at 13:39

I brought in Papley for quick coin. He made me coin. Happy to cull. Welcome, DBJ.

ben J · 22/04/2016 at 14:19

waste of trades you idiot, this game is not just about cash generation

WHY SO SERIOUS · 22/04/2016 at 14:41

The game is about fun, try having some benny.

motsy · 22/04/2016 at 15:30

No need for that kind of language mate. We're all friends here

BlakeyP · 22/04/2016 at 15:51

You sir are the idiot have fun losing money on Papley when he scores bugger all again this week and is dropped

Steeeve · 22/04/2016 at 19:04

Yeah still have 28 trades left. Thanks for your useless input though champ.

Jimboss · 22/04/2016 at 13:40

Going JJ to either Danger or Rance + extra cash and Gresh to Byrne

I know the majority are going DBJ, but I am leaning towards Byrne. Just feel he will play every week if fit, not as confident in DBJ's job security if Port start playing proper footy again… Happy to hear counter arguments though!

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 13:42

Magnificent Patch. Saw that heat map earlier in the week & wet myself. I'd be a little concerned about the spots all over it. Will be watching Rocky closely & hoping he drops under 500 shortly. Value doesn't get any better than that

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 13:49

where can you find the heat maps?

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 14:01

Pretty sure you need an AFL live pass

Big Dave · 22/04/2016 at 14:04

in your mothers crotch region

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:30

Cheers IN – it too good to pass up. I'm concerned about the spots but apparently they're not contagious if you only look at them – just don't touch the screen!

Tommy · 22/04/2016 at 13:43

Hello community!

I am in the same boat as many people this week in being forced to get rid of JJ this week.I also want to get rid of Trent Mckenzie.
I am questioning whether to double downgrade to both Byrne's, or to bring in Docherty and DBJ. The double downgrade would leave me over 600k to spend next week in upgrading menadue/BKennedy to a ultra premo midfielder. While the premo/rookie inclusion leaves me with 234k in the bank. Which one would you guys go with?
Thanks!

Jimboss · 22/04/2016 at 13:46

Go the Crouching one's method. BANG! BANG! Double downgrade then you have plenty next week.

Tommy · 22/04/2016 at 13:57

Yes, i should always have one eye to next week, but this trade leaves me very thin in defense, with only Houli and Laird being premos.

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 13:51

McKenzie is playing. Hang onto him

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:32

I'm in the same boat – I'd possibly hold T-Mac, especially if your backline is weaker. But that 600k warchest is tasty… who are you targeting next week?

Tommy · 22/04/2016 at 19:04

Any ultra premo tbh. Fyfe, Danger, Gray. Or even upgrade the ruck position, as Zac Smith is rubbish. All depends on the breakevens on Mills, Menadue and BKennedy.

luketigers · 22/04/2016 at 14:02

don't trade JJ, his cash generation is not over and i feel his form will continue to rise in the next month

Tommy · 22/04/2016 at 14:39

i believe you are whats called a troll

deanos · 22/04/2016 at 13:55

would like some thoughts on my trade ideas for this week.
i feel that ablett has made a good amount of cash and i am worried he may get injured this round so am trading him pout in advance.
some options are:
bob murphy (dpp swing)
chris masten
nathan van berlo
tyson goldsack (dpp swing)

i am also looking to trade aaron hall as i think his cash generation is over.
is minchington or jack anthony the better option ?

cheers

Big Dave · 22/04/2016 at 13:57

I would look to lock in Jack Anthony for thee rest of the season as he can kick some elite level creative goals. Darren Minchington also look like a good option a he is a jet and will be playing more and more minutes in the ones team throughout the season

deanos · 22/04/2016 at 13:59

thanks big dave,
      what about bob murphy though ?
      his form has been great the last two weeks

Big Dave · 22/04/2016 at 14:07

Yeah bob has been playing great and looks very tough out there, is quite a durable player and has little to no chance of getting injured

Not Renton Roberts · 22/04/2016 at 16:56

Gary Ablett -> Renton Roberts

Solid trade.

No Ragrets

Darren · 22/04/2016 at 13:59

I think it would be good to also lock in Farren ray as he is an upcoming star

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 14:25

What about bringing in JJ he is looking solid getting some big scores even got a 97 off not playing all game

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 14:29

Have a close look at Relton Roberts as well. Absolute Gun

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 15:22

on the 28th June 2009, Zac Dawson scored 105 supercoach points.

let this be an inspiring story to everyone out there playing this great game of ours, anything is possible.

YungAdam · 22/04/2016 at 13:56

Menadue to DBJ
Sam Gray to Byrne

Leaving me with a much needed 400k in the war chest

Sound good community?

jay_20 · 22/04/2016 at 14:01

i would get in levi casboult if you can because he is an elite cash cow and huge goal kicker

Jerald · 22/04/2016 at 14:10

Flog/10 ^

Carl J · 22/04/2016 at 14:56

shut up jerald you absolute imbecile

Stevo · 22/04/2016 at 14:05

you are actually a flog

Tommy · 22/04/2016 at 14:41

Can someone pleas enlighten me on what "crap" he was saying. I was looking forward to seeing why this fella was being roasted.

Bullies are bitches · 22/04/2016 at 14:44

Look at all the big cool guys picking on someone because he tries to be creative. If there is a stain on this community, you flogs are it. Good job wank stains

Sam · 12/05/2016 at 11:13

go away

Gibbs · 22/04/2016 at 14:07

Trade Menadue or Papley for Byrne-Jones ( via dpp)

Moz · 22/04/2016 at 14:09

papley. Menadue's break even is 34 whereas Papley's in the 60's.

Votrs · 22/04/2016 at 14:08

Thinking of going Barlow to ward, thoughts?

Moz · 22/04/2016 at 14:08

hold

oldie · 22/04/2016 at 14:11

no mate come on do you even know anything

Jimmy · 22/04/2016 at 14:14

good call oldie, you sound like a very wise man, this guy is obviously stupid suggest trade ideas such as that

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:44

Like it, mate

Votes · 22/04/2016 at 17:11

So all you arm chair experts say I "Dont know anything" yet finished well inside top 1000 last year and Patch an actual expert liked my trade? Please be quiet and get an education dorks

Jerald · 22/04/2016 at 14:10

Who is Patrick Field?

BJ sparkles · 22/04/2016 at 14:12

Good call Jerald, this guy absolutely has no idea what supercoach is and obviously an absolute cockhead

Gary · 22/04/2016 at 14:17

shut up you fool, get off this site it is not made for idiots

dedicated supercoach · 22/04/2016 at 14:30

Donald trump more funny rack off

The Weapon · 22/04/2016 at 14:29

Is DBJ a must have this week? could possibly trade papley but other than that no issues with my side

Northernsoul74 · 22/04/2016 at 15:20

He's not a must have but ask yourself where the next rookies are coming from?

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:47

If you have the luxury of holding mate, I'd absolutely trade.

Spifflicator · 22/04/2016 at 14:31

Hi folks I need some community wisdom this week, my team has only used 3 trades but has a mere $16k in the bank.

Shaw Houli Rich Lonergan Dea Adams – OMac Brown
Danger Gaz Parker Shiel Libba SGray Kerridge Mills – Hewett Davis Gresham
NicNat Martin – Grimley
Hall Robinson Barlow Wells Kennedy Tippa – menadue McCarthy

Do I just sit tight with no trades, use one trade and turn OMac into DBJ, or dump the 2 giant spuds in Lonergan and SammyG for DBJ and Fyfe?

I had been leaning toward the last option, but with Prestia out, Lonergan should get more time on ground, and Port just can't continue to be so bad can they? Should ride out the storm and just sneak in one extra cow?

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 14:50

That second option looks good. Fyfe is a must have for me and DBJ will earn heaps of cash.
    Good team.
    No trades would still work well. You could save them for later, instead of wasting them all now and having none at the end.

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:47

With you here, Thommo

ethanlm98 · 22/04/2016 at 14:44

Should I trade Clayton Oliver out for Luke Parker, or wait one more week for his price change and then trade?

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 15:18

Hold Oliver, he'll be back. Still plenty of cash to make out of him

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:48

I'd go this week, mate. I'd take the points.

eddyman.619 · 22/04/2016 at 21:18

id take the points this week mate, wouldnt want that overall ranking to drop to far.

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 21:24

Yep, pretty hard to argue against this one – thumbs up.

tom · 22/04/2016 at 14:48

Should i trade de goey or papley for byrne jones?

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 15:16

Papley

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 15:17

Paps

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:48

I'd go Papley – grab some points off De Goey on ANZAC day

The Ranger · 22/04/2016 at 14:51

Hahaha! Gold Patch. Love ya work.

Nervous Coach · 22/04/2016 at 14:51

Awesome work Patch. The heat map would not look out of place at NGV. Thinking of trading Lonergan and Papley this week. My trade options are

1) Lonergan to DBJ and Pap to Buddy.
2) Lonergan to DBJ and Pap to Zorko
3) Pap to DBJ (via Adamns but means that I lose the ability to swap with AMT in the future as both would be in the FWD line) Lonergan to Zorko (via swap with Yeo) in the mid.
4) Lonergan to Docherty/Suckling and Pap to DBJ.

The last option gives me the most money in the bank ($118k/$190k) while Option 2 gives me the least ($41k). Not sure which would give me the best scores.

Any thoughts/advice much appreciated.

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 15:16

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 15:31

isn't 2 & 3 the same result? i think you need a few deep breaths and go for a walk around the block, you are trying to make it far to complicated and this is what happens.

Nervous Coach · 22/04/2016 at 19:40

Thanks Derek. I think I do need to take a walk around the block. Yes, 2 and 3 are the same with Yeo replacing Lonergan in Def. I'm thinking like Kev that Option 2 would be the best.

Jedd · 22/04/2016 at 14:52

Pick an option community

Menadue to DBJ and Sherriden to Suckling
or
Mills to DBJ and Sherriden to Docherty

Other rookies I have are Dea, Tippa, Kennedy, Kerridge and Papley
Please give thoughts

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 15:15

Papley or Menadue for DBJ

Wattsieesq · 22/04/2016 at 17:22

Option 1

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:18

I like the first option more

Cliffy · 22/04/2016 at 14:55

The Rookie Rumble guys…

This week I'm looking again to roll with Weitering, Adams and Dea in Defence, Mills in the Midfield (will loophole him with Menadue though just to be safe using Davis), but for the Forwards it's a little more interesting and tricky.

Will play Kerridge and Tippa, but unsure who out of BenKen or McCarthy to play…

Thoughts community on who they'll play onfield for Forward rookies this week?

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 15:37

I think BenKen has done enough to be offered the gig.

i have similar decisions to make, no loophole available in forward line and i need to put one of either Paps, McCarthy or McGovern on the field.

I'm thinking Paps, only because with so many people trading him out this week, you know what the SC Gods will do!

hedski · 22/04/2016 at 15:46

McCarthy out of those 3 I reckon derek

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 16:11

cheers, thats who i have unless something changes.

BlakeyP · 22/04/2016 at 16:25

Def McCarthy out of those 3

Alun · 22/04/2016 at 16:13

Cliffy, Could you please help me I also have Mills, Menadue and Davis. To loophole do I put Davis on ground and leave E on Mills. Swapping Davis to Menedue straight after Sydney game if Mills no good.

Leeds17 · 22/04/2016 at 15:00

Patch I think there's a forgotten man in defence, maybe he was in a lot to start with or something but Kade Kolo

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:18

I'm with Jock here Leeds, I'm not sure he'll be a top defender until after the byes. He seems to take a long while to kick into gear, but when he does, lock him in.

Foot's ballers · 22/04/2016 at 15:06

We'll see how Greene goes this weekend, I'm calling him "spark plug" as he only fires every second stroke. Maybe he can buck the trend?

I N Pieman · 22/04/2016 at 15:15

Nice one. I call him Spud Ton

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 16:36

Ryan Griffin had the exact same problem last year when he moved to the Giants.

His first 9 weeks went 70, 118, 77, 113, 69, 107, 53, 120, 59…..

Alec · 22/04/2016 at 15:07

who should i bring in out of fyfe, ward or s.mitchell?

Sean · 22/04/2016 at 15:23

Id go with fyfe

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 16:52

fyfe is life

hedski · 22/04/2016 at 15:14

Great write up patch, went paps to dbj and stain gray to fyfe. Bang bang happy days $158k in kitty.
Read my mind vc'ing gibbo tonight into fyfe.
Couple of mini headaches deciding which rooks to play can only loop 1 I think. Cheers.

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:19

Cheers mate, the loop is a tough mistress, mate. Best of luck for ya!

Sean · 22/04/2016 at 15:27

Hello community!! Im bringing in a mid this week and looking at parker, hanners or gray. What are your thoughts? Im leaning towards hanners even tho he is most expensive! Would be averaging 130 if he wasnt knocked out round 1…..cheers!

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 16:52

hannerz is probably the best option for large outputs, gray is solid tends to have alot of low 100's

Wattsieesq · 22/04/2016 at 17:25

I'd wait for Gray. His price will drop. I plan to pick him up in a week or two. Toss a coin between Hanners and Parker.

Jjj · 22/04/2016 at 15:29

Is Zerrett a must have forward this year?
Considering jj and papley to Dbj and Zerrett.
Leaves me with a very strong team but a very weak back line.

Vchap · 22/04/2016 at 16:01

Same trades ive done this week with the same resulting weak backline, but im comfortable with this. Rookie backs havent let me down yet. Zerret looking a monty for top 6 forward.

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:22

You're hardly speaking to an unbiased source here, but I've seen enough to lock Zachy Merrett in for a top 8 position. I'm not confident enough to say top 5 or 6, because he will how brown stained games. I've locked him away though.

In regards to your backline – I'd make sure that's not too exposed. Zach will drop during the year, and I reckon you should get in a Shaw, Laird or Rance in ahead of those him, as much as it kills me to say it.

Tom · 22/04/2016 at 15:37

Marc Murphy out for Hannebery good trade??
and
Is Suckling a good option for JJ? (already have laird)

Ohlongjohnson · 22/04/2016 at 15:48

Stand by your premos.

Holty · 22/04/2016 at 17:06

I have Smurf as well mate. Im holding

CashCows · 22/04/2016 at 15:44

So concerned a little about BenKen low down on the bench… thinking about switching him into the forward line and having Grimley/mena/brown on field…may just use E.. decisions!

I have the VC on Smitch for tonight's game, hopefully he can keep producing for me, he was my GAJ POD, happy with it so far, just would like GAJ as well.. next couple of weeks i think!

I brought in DBJ and Merrett this week, thought about Zorks, but thought the points are spread further in Brisbane lineup if they are all up vs Goddard, Zaharakakasisksiis and Merret.

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:22

Kennedy safe – nice POD VC mate! Like that thinking!

CashCows · 22/04/2016 at 18:30

Great news! If Smitch fails, i think Fyfe vs Carlton for C

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 15:46

I'd get rid of Crouch first, mate.

Liam · 22/04/2016 at 15:51

Looking forward to a game against you Derek this week in Coreys League.
Hopefully I can extend you winless start to season for one more game. 😉

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 16:23

looking forward to the battle. i've had a few problems with my boys getting them all on the park. This week i'll be able to field a strong team. Might even put the C on Rocky!

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 16:32

lol. i just see that you are winless as well. i'm half a chance if my rucks can match your big buggers

Liam · 22/04/2016 at 20:35

Wrong Liam Derek.

Liam · 22/04/2016 at 20:37

Sorry nevermind.

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 15:59

I'm second guessing myself, do I trade Papley or not, he's has some easy games coming up?

Jonathan Camac · 22/04/2016 at 16:14

trade, in my opinion. Price is close to his max, might fluctuate heavily from here.

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 16:48

trade

Andrew · 22/04/2016 at 17:08

I'm holding, even a 40 and he will only lose 10k. If he makes his BE this week (60), next weeks BE drops to 40. IMO its worth the risk to hold and save the trade for later.

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:23

I'm with you, Andrew. Like that thinking, mate. In his first year Blicavs looked like he'd be stuck at 200k forever, but kept climbing and climbing for those who – unlike me – repaid the faith

olly · 22/04/2016 at 16:03

dojng a double downgrade this week with my failed midpricers in Sheridan and Cutler down to the byrne Brothers pocket 550k which can go towards a De Goey + BenKen double upgrade to zorko and Montagna next week

BlakeyP · 22/04/2016 at 16:21

Cutler got a 97 last week little tough on him

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 16:27

i agree. He will make some nice cash for you.

james · 22/04/2016 at 16:39

if he makes his avg he only goes up 10k and the upgardes will be better over long term becase my Fwd line will become
        montagna zorko hall wells kerridge AMT

but Will have 4 onfield rooks in DEF but weitering and adams will be traded in a few weeks once there around 400k

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 17:19

If he does another 97, by the time they roll through his average he will be $390+

Jonathan Camac · 22/04/2016 at 16:07

I'm trading gout JJ, obviously. But was thinking instead of bringing in Suckling, I might go for Fantasia. Is some $85k cheaper than Suckling, and his scores haven't dropped below 80 in three games! Thoughts community? Inspired or insipid?

CashCows · 22/04/2016 at 16:43

I like it! think his BE is still pretty low ( 11) has an avg of 91.. however he has already gone up 50k ( but still cheapish). Do you see him as a keeper? I have picked him up in fantasy but not SC, only for the fact of the trades each week in AFLF, i will use him as a stepping stone for cash but if by the next 3-4 rounds he is holding then unless something better comes along he will be staying.

Should be interesting to see how he goes against swans in a couple of weeks.

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:25

This is my thinking too, CashCows. I just don't see him being a keeper, and while he'll make cash, I personally need to save the trades. If you've got them to burn, go for him. Just prepare for if he backfires!

CashCows · 22/04/2016 at 18:29

Yes i think the masses may jump on him in SC but probably a waste of trade at this stage. Still sticking with the fantasy trade in through.

Jonathan Camac · 22/04/2016 at 19:22

Would it be better I go for Laird or Suckling? Which one?

The Ranger · 22/04/2016 at 19:28

If you've got the cash get Laird

Jonathan Camac · 22/04/2016 at 19:32

Cheers mate, will likely do that. Not long till lockout! haha

james · 22/04/2016 at 16:08

Community who should i Chuck the VC on this week have

Priddis
Laird
Nic Nat
Hannebery

and if they fail who to go C
ablett
R.Gray
Danger

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 16:28

Nic nat has solo ruck duties this week with lycatt haveing a week off.

Jonathan Camac · 22/04/2016 at 16:09

Feel free to add me in your rivalries, community. Go to leagues, click on rivalries and add 'Camac Attack' as new rival. Is some great competition between us, last week Patch top scored! Kudos to you mate. Then check out the instagram 'supercoachscout' for the rivalry wrap up. Patch, you got a mention there for topping the rivalries. Good stuff mate, keep up the incredible work my friend. Get on board community!

Hoot · 22/04/2016 at 16:14

How about this trade.

Papley OUT

Jarryd Lyons IN

He has only gotten around 70% tog this season but avg 88.

At 240k it's very tempting. Even to keep as a sub Emg once the squad is at full Premo.

Thoughts?

BlakeyP · 22/04/2016 at 16:19

He camein for crouch the big question is does he keep his spot when crouch is good to go

Jonathan Camac · 22/04/2016 at 16:21

I like him as a player – but maybe not at that price as much. But this game is all about the risk/reward. Up to you my friend.

Hoot · 22/04/2016 at 16:26

Hmmmm. Interesting.

I'd like to know Why ADE continues to give him limited minutes and move him from HB to INT to FPocket over the 3 games he has been given a start (incl this rd).

His CP's were desireable considering his TOG.

Is Crouch really the biggest concern?,,,,, or is there another variable I'm not aware of. . . ?

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 16:30

tough game tonight. I think the Hawks at home, on Silky's 300th, they will be ready to go. Blokes like Lyons will be left behind

Hoot · 22/04/2016 at 16:47

Thanks. If I'm super brave ill stick with it… Seems like I'm better off going Full Premo (as I have the ca$h)

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 16:17

Hmmm Nic Nat, Laird or Smith are my only Vc options this sucks that Cox is playing now stuck with Davis as loophole

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 17:16

Nic Nat without Lycatt, good choice

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 16:25

Anyone getting Menadue out does he need to go?

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:25

I'm giving him another few weeks, Belter

William Gates · 22/04/2016 at 16:29

wonder if Horse has a supercoach team and is papley in it Going to do an early Brynne-Cloke shark move. Libba and Barlow out fyfe and Lyons in… I think William t Gates might have struck gold or is it fools gold

sammy the slug · 22/04/2016 at 16:45

see your point about libba bill can only make so much and not a keeper .If you can do a fyfe or gray why not that's what hes there for a stepping stone but not quite in the Cloke catergory good move though and Horse if he did he wouldn't have Zac the Jones version doesn't like him will join big brother 2017 me thinks

Holty · 22/04/2016 at 17:04

like the Barlow trade but are you being serious about Libba?

Patch · 22/04/2016 at 18:26

Libba going too early there in my book Gatesy. Any other mid-pricers to chop?

Matt · 22/04/2016 at 16:31

Hi community, is going papley to DBJ worth it or should I just hold papley and wait for other rookies?
I was also going to trade J Lonergan for Doc but is that worth it now that prestia is out? If I downgrade papley this week I can bring in Priddis next week with the warchest

Holty · 22/04/2016 at 17:01

i like the papley to DBJ trade but there will be others that disagree. Even if the Pap goes up in price, it wont be for a few weeks now and we know DBJ will increase by a fair bit. But it is still costing that valuable trade. Do you have Davis? im getting rid of him instead of the Pap.

Derek · 22/04/2016 at 17:14

Does using Davis stuff up your other lines. If I did that I would have Benken or Kerridge on bench in mid? Plus Adams or Tippa in fwds.

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 17:54

yeh trading davis out screws up my lines because I would have no dpp forward in my defence so ill have to keep davis and he should be back next week since hes getting rested anyway

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 17:03

Yeah get rid of paps, and if your sick of lonergans output like me just bite the bullet and trade him out he was a risk that didnt pay off

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 16:44

Hold Papsmear he wasn't dropped and if he plays bad he will only drop slightly which is enough to warrant a hold this week

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 16:47

Who Should I trade in for JJ this week?
1. Rance
2. Houli
3. Docherty
4. Laird

Damian Durran · 22/04/2016 at 17:12

Houli

Abel · 22/04/2016 at 16:49

Your best yet intro Patch. I'm still laughing

olly · 22/04/2016 at 16:52

from my post above this is my team

Houli, Laird, Sheridan, Adams, Weitering, Dea (ruggles cutler)
ablett danger priddis gray hannebery shiel adams parish (davis hewett gresham)
Nic nat gawn (lorensch)
Hall wells de goey kerridge benken Amt (menadue 102k rookie)

my trades from above were Sheridan + Cutler —> Both Byrnes pocket 550k for De Goey and benken —> montagna +zorko but this leaves me fragile in defence with 4 onfield rookies

instead i could do the sheridan to dbj and then go cutler to a gibson enright simpson

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 16:57

Here is my team which I think won't be changed again before tonight's game

Def: Shaw, Laird, Weitering, Adams, Dea, Tippa (DBJ, Byrne)
Mid: Fyfe, Danger, GAJ, Parker, Libba, M.Crouch, Kennedy, Mills (Davis, Menadue, Gresham)
Rucks: Goldy, NicNat (Grimley)
Fwd: Martin, Hall, Barlow, Wells, Kerridge, Papley (Brown, Petracca)

Have $464k left and 26 trades
Any suggestions Community???

Had to choose between Greshqm and Dunkley to trade out…neither are likely to play soon but which one play later games for loophole reasons???

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 17:00

St.Kilda have about 2 or 3 extra sunday games this year in total compared to bulldogs but gresham is more expensive so could gain you some extra cash if needed, but if loophole is only worry then keep gresham

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 17:03

What is better $30k or the loophole option

Curious george · 22/04/2016 at 16:59

Are those your trades? Or is that what the dees are selecting?

hedski · 22/04/2016 at 17:28

Sorry george disregard the comment above. The teams on afllive app read petracca in benken out for about 10 mins. Is fixed now.
    Ill delete that post. Cheers

Tony · 22/04/2016 at 17:00

What's your thoughts guys. Lonergan to DBJ and Paps to Ward.

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 17:01

Solid trade DBJ might end up scoring just as good if not better than lonergan and brings you alot of extra cash, and ward is stepping up another level this year i rekon

Tony · 22/04/2016 at 17:45

Thanks there Barlow – I think I'll go for it mate

Damian Durran · 22/04/2016 at 17:08

is everyone holding Paps this week? traded out Milera for DBJ….. thinking of bringing in Ciaran Jones for Paps, thoughts?

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 18:16

Probably a bad idea since it will screw up your DPPs and give Papsmear another chance

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 17:09

No Petracca!!!
B.Kennedy in!!!

hedski · 22/04/2016 at 17:29

Sry for my misinfo above has been deleted.
    Teams read wrong for a bit.

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 17:11

Here is my team:

DEF: Shaw, Kolo, JJ, Adams, Dea, Hartley (Brown, Broad)
MID: Ablett, Hannerbery, Danger, Steven, Shiel, Libba, Mills, Oliver (Menadue, Davis, Hewett)
RUC: Martin, Gawn (Currie)
FWD: Martin, Hall, Barlow, Wells, Kerridge, Tippa (Papley, Kommer)

I have 150k and 27 trades. I have 2 options

option 1
Oliver to fyfe
JJ to DBJ

Option 2
JJ to Laird
Papley to DBJ

thoughts appreciated 🙂

Jonathan Camac · 22/04/2016 at 19:41

Tough one, sorry I read it wrong at first. Depends on your team structure and how thin option 1 will leave you. Tempting for option 1…

Brent · 22/04/2016 at 17:15

Does anyone know how to reverse trades on iPhone….I can't find it
Also is Ben Kennedy worth trading for one of Byrnes?? Still have 30 trades and need to start generating cash

andy_89 · 22/04/2016 at 17:49

Looking at your team in field view, click on the 'filter' looking icon in the bottom right of the screen

Billo · 23/04/2016 at 02:18

I'll swap ya your 30 trades for my 27. No rush to use them mate.

magpie4ver · 22/04/2016 at 17:33

I cant decide who I should put on the ground Papley, Menadue or L. McCarthy?

Thoughts please?

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 17:34

Loophole if possible, thats what I'm doing with Mccarthy and Pap

magpie4ver · 22/04/2016 at 17:44

I cant loophole them have to field 1 of the 3

CoachDamo · 22/04/2016 at 17:49

Tough one to be honest. Not Papley. Flip a coin between the other two…maybe Menadue.

magpie4ver · 22/04/2016 at 17:52

ok ty

Sully321 · 22/04/2016 at 17:34

Davis, papley, or Menadue to DBJ or no one at all?

Barlow_The_Belt · 22/04/2016 at 17:41

I would go with Papley.

magpie4ver · 22/04/2016 at 17:46

I'd keep those 3 and downgrade the def to djb if you can?

Sully321 · 22/04/2016 at 17:49

I've got brown if that's another option?

Sully321 · 22/04/2016 at 17:44

AMT or DBJ on the field?

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 17:53

Tippa

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 18:22

im going tippa too.

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 17:52

Menadue or Kerridge onfield?

Sully321 · 22/04/2016 at 17:53

Kedge

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 18:20

Menadue is overdue for a good score I reckon… But what would I know, I'm a tigers supporter.

Cliffy · 22/04/2016 at 17:55

SC Draft dilemma guys:

With JJ out of my Draft side with his 10 week injury (can't hold him that long after all), I need to play 1 out of these two guys in my Defender 3 position (my other playing Defenders are B.Houli and M.Suckling)

S.Biggs or S.Savage for the last Defender spot?

Northernsoul74 · 22/04/2016 at 18:59

Biggs.

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 17:56

Gresham or Dunkley out for DBJ??
Based on loophole I'm leaning towards Dunkley out but trading Gresham out I get an extra $30k

Andy · 22/04/2016 at 18:45

I'm thinking the same but not worth it to make just 20-30k, not unless you need coverage??

Ned · 22/04/2016 at 17:58

Paply and Sheridan for Ward and dbj
Or
Barlow and Sheridan for hanners and dbj +200k for future

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 18:13

I'd recommend holding Barlow for the minute, even papley. Is it enough to just move Sheridan on and save the trade?

jpk · 22/04/2016 at 18:05

Community
Is there anyone under 480k in defense to trade JJ to that will be a season long keeper. I feel it might be worth downgrading to DBJ to get the cash to later upgrade to a proven premo rather than select a mid pricer who will more than likely finish out side the top ten defenders. Like cmon, suckling isnt not going to finish inside the top ten.
Any thoughts??

olly · 22/04/2016 at 18:11

Rich, Yeo

jpk · 22/04/2016 at 18:20

Yeo definitely not a top ten defender

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 18:54

Rich possibly.

Wayno76 · 22/04/2016 at 18:05

Love it Patch I was wondering do we trust that Martin will play I was thinking of having cox as back up or grimley and I also need one of these players to back up Ben Kennedy if he doesn't play .. Still not sure on paps (keep or sell) it might be worth keeping paps and trading Ben for Byrne

jpk · 22/04/2016 at 18:06

why would ben kennedy not play

Wayno76 · 22/04/2016 at 19:48

on my phone app he was on extended bench so could be emergency

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 18:22

Martin will play, Lions have no ruck emergency named.

Daniel · 22/04/2016 at 18:18

Who is the best option to get in this week for JJ in the midfield? I have 621k to spend so can get anyone except fyfe, who of these players is likely be a top 8 midfielder?

Sloane, Hannebery, Ward, S.Mitchell or Priddis (or anyone else i may have missed)

I already have Danger, Ablett, Gray, Pendles and Selwood

Jacko · 22/04/2016 at 18:18

Who to bring in, Gray or leave some cash in the bank for next week and get Zaha?? Cheers

Wayno76 · 22/04/2016 at 19:49

get gray

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 18:23

Rance… Lol. BE of 50, probably only rise by $20 to $30k but if you've got the coin to grab him now.

The Prince · 22/04/2016 at 18:29

Need help community – need a premo mid and im thinking Kennedy for R Sloane? Thoughts

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 18:58

Hold Kennedy. Any other options?

The Prince · 22/04/2016 at 19:14

kerridge

Jim · 22/04/2016 at 18:33

Kennedy to hanners or papley to ward

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 18:58

Papley to Ward

Average Joe · 22/04/2016 at 18:35

Sunday teams are in and Petracca is not playing, Jacob Hopper isn't playing, Ben Kennedy stays in, but probably the biggest thing is Darcy Tucker has been named for Freo! Too bad he is a Def rookie, got too many of them and not enough in the other lines…

Northernsoul74 · 22/04/2016 at 18:56

Tucker might be useful when Brown peaks in couple of weeks.

Adsy · 22/04/2016 at 18:36

Hey all,

My midfield bench has been decimated recently with Dunkley not getting a go, Hewitt missing recently and Davis now getting the chop. I was wondering if this is something that may work:

1. Drop Dunkley. He's on the bubble but wasn't named as far as I can see. Smallish breakeven as well so there's that.
2. Bring in DBJ. Seems to be the flavour of the week.
3. To do this, I'll swap M.Brown to the forwards (I stuffed my dual position at the start of the year having both him and Tippa there) and Sam Gray to the middle.
4. I'm not liking Gray's output, his breakeven, or Port's form all round. Therefore using my second trade and dropping him for Zorko (via putting Ben Kennedy in the mids). Again I'm not sure of this but now seems a good a time as any to bring Zorko in and Gray out.

Does any of this make sense? I'm going to hold Papley for a week. This is what I'm looking at now:
Shaw/Houli/Laird/Weitering/Adams/Dea – Tippa/DBJ
Danger/Ablett/Hanners/R.Gray/Wines/Libba/Mills/Kennedy – Menadue/Hewitt/Davis
Goldy/Gawn – Loersch
Zorko/Hall/Wells/Kerridge/Papley/McCarthy – M.McGovern/M.Brown

4 trades/$198k in the bank.

magpie4ver · 22/04/2016 at 18:47

Davis didnt get the chop he's being rested

Kev · 22/04/2016 at 18:57

Hewett is back in this week. Nice trades. You're right on Port as a whole, they haven't really clicked yet so I'm holding Gray. He just needs to fix up his efficiency and he'll get that average back on track

Purple Rain · 22/04/2016 at 19:29

Good advice Kev on Gray

Bobby Singh · 22/04/2016 at 18:47

Quick question lads,

Menadue or DBJ on field?

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 18:58

DBJ for mine he is hungry

Bobby Singh · 22/04/2016 at 19:00

What about McCarthy?

min0008 · 22/04/2016 at 18:55

Trades this week

Papley to DBJ
Brown, Gresham or Davis to Byrne or let Byrne go?

Wayno76 · 22/04/2016 at 19:54

davis to byrne is what ive done giving paps another chance … as his coach has surprisingly enough

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 18:57

I have gone JJ to DBJ and Paps to Hanners

My Current mids now are Danger, Ablett, Parker, Hanners, Selwood, Libba, Wines, Kennedy.

I was thinking of Ward but he shares the same bye as Danger and Selwood, then I was thinking Zaha but I just cannot see him avg over 115 for rest of year.

Need some advice please fellas

Hinch · 22/04/2016 at 18:57

McCarthy, C. Ellis or Brown to start?
Cheers community!

lachie08 · 22/04/2016 at 18:59

should I be going papley to byrne-jones or davis to him (I no he is being rested)

Purple Rain · 22/04/2016 at 19:29

Paps mate

Hayden · 22/04/2016 at 19:35

Why? ^ Papley has shown he has cash producing potential whereas Davis' 40-60 will hardly see him rise

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 19:38

Papley has crapped his pants. Plays West Coast this week and has struggled against half decent teams.

lachie08 · 22/04/2016 at 19:53

but he's now got a few easy teams

Reggie · 22/04/2016 at 19:00

Hey all, a lot of people are talking about trading Paps for DBJ but none are DPP in SC. Am I stupid?

Yes · 22/04/2016 at 19:20

WithAllDueRespect · 22/04/2016 at 19:28

They are swinging dpp players like brown and t mac from essendon forward from defence to bring in DBJ.

Reggie · 22/04/2016 at 23:22

Learn something new every day……..

sammy the slug · 22/04/2016 at 19:23

they put a def /fwd player to fwd then do the trade easy

Bad Maths Bloke · 22/04/2016 at 19:25

How long will there be between the time the West Coast game finishes and the Gold Coast game starts?

Kev · 23/04/2016 at 07:23

30 mins max

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 19:27

Zaha $266,000 left
Or
Hanners $156,000 left

Mac · 22/04/2016 at 19:37

Hanners

Josh · 22/04/2016 at 19:45

Depends on if you intend to have both in the coming weeks. If so then i think zaha will go as big of not bigger then hannas due to the game been the biggest in their calendar and against a weak Collingwood. However of you only intend to have one come seasons end is go Hannas in a more successful team surrounded by more quality which allows for better efficiency

Mitch · 22/04/2016 at 19:33

Comminity, trade Papley or Davis to Byrne-Jones?

Wayno76 · 22/04/2016 at 19:52

ive kept paps and traded davis

Purple Rain · 22/04/2016 at 19:36

Can't believe all the trades out – Oliver,Brown,Davis,Kennedy & Menadue , whilst some are being rested they will be back they all will make more cash

Mildue · 23/04/2016 at 09:47

Inexperienced Supercoachers who think money is more important than trades. I would love to know how they are going in round 18 with four trades left.

CoachDamo · 23/04/2016 at 10:43

I agree – too many coaches chasing points each week. That's why good bench cover and DPP are important.

DougSC · 22/04/2016 at 19:37

Having kept Brad Crouch this long, is it too late to consider trading him out?

Thinking I should hold but as I could replace him with any mid its awfully tempting.

Holty · 22/04/2016 at 19:55

to late now but id trade him. He has already proven to be unreliable. you were just lucky he didnt do his hammy during the game.

Goannaman · 23/04/2016 at 09:44

Keep him after this time. I regretted trading him, although Parish has done well. Adelaide looks the real deal and hopefully his injuries are over, but that is well he is cheap. Happy with my 28 trades in store and may???? even rebut him!!!

Holty · 22/04/2016 at 19:45

supercoach is so boring on a friday night when you dont have any players
2 weeks in a row now.

Wayno76 · 22/04/2016 at 19:50

buy sam mitchel he is a good VC option and good premo

Chill · 23/04/2016 at 09:12

Haha Holty I know what you mean. I'm celebrating when Brodie Smith gets near it. That's all I got!

Bottleneck · 23/04/2016 at 09:40

Interesting point. We all love our footy but it is more interesting if you have players performing. It should not be that way however I do enjoy watching my own team and any team with talented young (and older) players.

uDonkey · 22/04/2016 at 20:01

So many trades are being used every week. Wondering happy trades will people have after this weekend? Had to burn 2 trades so far on likes of B Crouch and Rocky and 2 corrective(Rookies) trades.

I happy of the Rookies i have at moment, won't be doing any trades this week or maybe even the week after. Just gonna sit tight and watch these rookies fatten up in cash.

uDonkey · 22/04/2016 at 20:03

Correction** Wondering how many trades left will people have after this weekend?

The Ranger · 22/04/2016 at 21:09

Tommo09 · 22/04/2016 at 21:10

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 21:26

Northernsoul74 · 22/04/2016 at 22:12

25. Not ideal and 2 less than planned. JJ, Crouch and Rocky all traded out.

Moose · 23/04/2016 at 09:36

Yes, I have 28 and may get beaten this weekend, but to get say, Zerrett I would have to burn two trades. I too am watching all my rookies fatten up and was happy with my emergency McGovern's effort last night. He won't be a keeper but may make $150-200?

Tophawk · 22/04/2016 at 20:25

Eddie Betts up to his old tricks tonight. 3 goals at quarter time with a very handy 37 SC points. I dont have him, but owners like Wayno will be salivating. Sloanedog is another one on my radar now as a premo. A lazy 44 for him. Crows looking very good.

The Ranger · 22/04/2016 at 21:10

Sloane looks real good eh? Love the way he plays the game.
    He burnt the bejesus out of me last year tho…

50_Shades · 22/04/2016 at 21:25

Betts, 3 goals for 37, hasn't he done much else?

Mailman · 23/04/2016 at 09:31

Same with me because I bought him TWICE last year. I may get him after the byes because he is a champ. Doesn't mind a tag and hassn't been affected by Danger departing.

hedski · 22/04/2016 at 21:06

Gibson spudding it up there goes my vc.
Cracking game tho.

ThatDamnRascal · 22/04/2016 at 21:11

Yup being made to play accountable footy. Sloane looking like a great upgrade target

Boltons Blues · 22/04/2016 at 21:44

he must have a player to play on tonight? would explain the spud score

Pman35 · 22/04/2016 at 22:10

I made the same error by rolling the dice and putting the VC on him and are kicking myself and cursing him at the same time!

Pman35 · 22/04/2016 at 22:13

Could do with some input on the following trades;

Papley out for DBJ via DPP and O Wines out for L Parker

See Parker as a keeper but worried it might be a bit sideways dumping Wines who hasn't really impressed yet. Thoughts?

Iamme · 22/04/2016 at 23:00

Pman35 I'd keep Wines as he is a proven performer and should come good, maybe pick up Parker if and when he bottoms out….I also did the Papley DBJ trade and I'm sure many others also have, money to be made there.

Egghead · 23/04/2016 at 09:28

Wines will bite you on the bum. He is a POD and his stats read ok. He is getting enough of the pill, however he is giving away too many frees at the moment. Top 10, not sure but Parker may well do but I wouldn't waste a grade.

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 22:37

How many times do Hawthorn get a get out of jail free card from the umps
What decided that game was that free against walker for winning a contest without touching Gibson, would have picked up the ball clear run into goal Adelaide win, oh no can't let Hawks lose now.

wombatsfc · 22/04/2016 at 22:46

Yep I agree Davo. The high profile players at top clubs always get the benefit of the doubt from umpires. I'd love to see the incorrect disposal rule applied to Abblett, Rockliff Jelwood and all player from top 4 clubs in the same way that its applied to players from bottom 4 clubs. AFL is rigged Demetriou tipped off the cheetahs about the asada raid so cheetahs destroyed the evidence and 'self reported'. Cheetahs have always been a protected club like Hawks are now,.
    Check the data for penalties against players from Cheetahs and hawks since 1998 and also for admin breaches, compare it against players from other clubs and you see that they receive about 30% less severity

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 23:06

How about I.Smith flicking the ball out behind him one handed in that team tackle just a second before the siren.
      That's holding the ball every day of the week

Nicholas · 22/04/2016 at 22:55

Well I disagree apart from the free at the end Adelaide had the more significant frees across the game. Hawthorn are a great team please don't sook.

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 23:03

Not sooking mate was a treat of a game just speaking out about how Hawks get it done with a little help from their friends.

Significant frees your talking of is a joke btw Adelaide got one goal from a free kick they deserved.

How many goals did hawthorn get from frees? Let alone scores at goal? To me Hawks got 2 goals from frees that were deserved but the other 3 goals were cram bad umpire decisions.
      Don't be one sided here like the umps surely you have eyes?

Jess_coach · 22/04/2016 at 23:33

Have to say, as a non-hawk supporter, that people do tend to ignore the frees payed throughout the game and focus merley on the perceived injustice of any frees payed in the final minutes. As a female umpire myself, I've felt the pressure of being called upon to make a crucial judgement. But it doesnt seem logical to only take into account one final decision. It indeed does sound like sooking. Sorry – just my opinion.

Noigerbour · 23/04/2016 at 08:52

Your delusional

Northernsoul74 · 23/04/2016 at 09:50

You're.

Northernsoul74 · 23/04/2016 at 09:47

Same thing against the dogs 2 weeks ago. Some bizarre decisions in favor of the Hawks.

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 23:40

i am an umpire have been for 7 years and Pandora played football for 8 years. I agree it can sound like smoking but truely iam not. I can safely say the free kick against Walker was not there at all. If I can't point that out clear enough then it is worry.
I am no Adelaide supporter I am actually a Hawk supporter lol
I don't think the Hawks deserved the win its that simple

Jess_coach · 22/04/2016 at 23:59

Due to the final call or due to all the calls throughout the game?

My point above was that too much empasis is often placed on the final call. I too would have probably silent on the final call, because i know how crucial they can be, and often let things unfold themselves unless it is essential. Although AFL umpires are the best of the best, with years of experience. So all in all, i qouldny place too much empasis on 'bad calls' influencing the game. There are not many people that can do better. Sadly, subjective judgment is needed in this game, and there will always be different opinions and wven mistakes.

Hawks · 23/04/2016 at 10:03

Good teams find a way to win, even when they are not playing their best football.

I thought the umpiring was pretty good (didn't take away from the contest). The Smith non-decision was fair, Sloan pulled/scooped the ball away from Smith. Gibson was lucky to get the free against Walker, but I can see why it was given, Walker interfered with Gibsons marking attempt, and Walker wasn't watching the ball at that split moment.

Players made more mistakes than umpires. Adelaide player running between the Hawthorn kicker and the mark, to concede a 50mtr penalty, and certain goal. Brodie Smith's kick in the dying minutes, missed target, ball rebounded for a goal.

In short, great game by both teams, Hawks found a way to win.

Must remember Hawks retired their Full-back (Lake) & Center-half forward (Hale), and have Roughead missing for half the season, and started 4-1. They still get it done.

Davonaise · 22/04/2016 at 23:44

Where do you umpire?

Jess_coach · 22/04/2016 at 23:55

Country league Davonaise. Still in training, though was just making a point.

Davonaise · 23/04/2016 at 00:03

hey hey it's all good here. I like your point, it's fine it what makes football a great game. No sport is perfect

Jess_coach · 23/04/2016 at 00:07

Definitely agree Davonaise ☺

YankeeTom · 23/04/2016 at 09:24

Well put Davonaise. Good luck with your umpiring career.

Southern S · 23/04/2016 at 01:39

My risky move on Lyons looks good 93 this week after a 97 and 79. Anyone else take the risk?

I N Pieman · 23/04/2016 at 09:48

Nice one mate

Hawks · 23/04/2016 at 09:54

Nice POD

Grahame Lebroy · 23/04/2016 at 10:47

Nice Southern, I went B.Crouch to Lyons yesterday and am also happy. Hope he keeps his spot

Marco_Polo94 · 23/04/2016 at 10:53

I took him after his 97 as well. Very happy so far.

Rabbito · 23/04/2016 at 09:19

Southern S, you are geniusI Did you happen to mention your intention? Who did you trade out?

muz · 23/04/2016 at 09:26

Have $616k to get a mid premo really keen on Hanley, is this a good move or who else should l get, any help would be great

Kev · 23/04/2016 at 09:49

For 616k you want someone who is proven. Hanley's best yearly average is 103.

I N Pieman · 23/04/2016 at 09:52

Don't chase last weeks points. Get a proven consistent gun. Perhaps Ward if your looking for a POD

Hawks · 23/04/2016 at 09:53

I would steer clear of Hanley, he gets injured too often.

With that money you can almost get anyone, so look at which of he top shelf players you don't have – Ablett, Priddis, Ward, Parker, Hannebury, etc

Grahame Lebroy · 23/04/2016 at 10:56

I reckon Hannebery is going to have a big year, he is expensive but should be worth it. Sloane looked really good last night, didn't go huge but form wise looked great. Parker too will be a good pick.

Iamme · 23/04/2016 at 09:50

Hanley can go large, but he can also go missing… good POD though

I N Pieman · 23/04/2016 at 10:22

Also gets injured

I N Pieman · 23/04/2016 at 10:23

VC & C options this week people's?

Tophawk · 23/04/2016 at 10:32

Whacking the VC on Parker and the C on Fyfe this week.

CoachDamo · 23/04/2016 at 10:34

Still undecided! If Simpkin and Grimley play, my only loophole option is Ryan Davis, which means I'm looking at either Parker or NicNat as VC.

IF I had Goldstein, he'd be Captain for sure – he should score 150+ this week.

Marco_Polo94 · 23/04/2016 at 10:55

Vc on nic Nat, no clue who to skipper

Marco_Polo94 · 23/04/2016 at 10:58

Danger, Gray or pendles. Leaning pendles – average start to season, however he will step up on the big occasion. A few rounds ago people forget he was on something like 80 odd at half time, but then got shut down second half. Just goes to show he still has it.

Grahame Lebroy · 23/04/2016 at 10:57

VC on Danger and C on Fyfe this week for me

I N Pieman · 23/04/2016 at 11:33

Goldy danger Gary VC into Fyfe all very solid

Cliffy · 23/04/2016 at 10:28

Hey guys,

SC Draft starting choices to be made:

First in defense, start Fantasia or Biggs for Defender 3?

And secondly, start Greene or Riewoldt (Nick) for Forward 3?

Andy · 23/04/2016 at 11:16

Anyone think it is wort trading Gresham for a 20k profit?

I N Pieman · 23/04/2016 at 11:35

Can't see him coming back anytime soon. He left my team weeks ago for the papsmear

Holty · 23/04/2016 at 13:41

dont look at it as a 20k profit, look at it as a 200k profit. Like a long term investment. You are trading out someone not making cash to someone who will.

Andy · 23/04/2016 at 13:21

VC on Goldy or Ablett?

Holty · 23/04/2016 at 13:43

Same dilemma. Im going Goldy. So with how my captain choices are going this year, you should go GAJ.☺

Holty · 23/04/2016 at 13:38

I had to have a chuckle at a few of the Sloane comments being thrown around. First 3 weeks couldnt score over 100 and people were saying he couldnt handle the tag and anyone who had him considered to trade him out. all of a sudden has had 2 good games and many now want him. Its a good reason to stick fat with your premos as they nearly always come good.

Hawks · 23/04/2016 at 14:46

Papley has brought his own ball to today's game……lol

Holty · 23/04/2016 at 14:57

yeah. i have kept him in sc but traded him in dt. bad move.

Pman35 · 23/04/2016 at 23:14

Am stoked that I traded in DBJ who scored 103 but I currently have him listed as Emergency and in order to secure his ton I need to bench either Weitering or Dea and I'm not sure who to bench? Thoughts on who is likely to score higher of the two? Cheers…

Holty · 24/04/2016 at 13:42