PatchCoachKingsLogo

“With one hand the Supercoach gods giveth, and with the other hand they taketh away” – Jock Reynolds.

This is one of my favourite sayings of Jock’s. You could say I’m a huge avocado of this phrase. But it always rings true.

Round four is supposed to be a nice round. We were bracing ourselves for a nice round of leaning back, beer in hand and watching rookies appreciate in value. We’re not supposed to have a care in the world.

But while our backs were turned, someone snuck in and stole our rookies.

The Panic Room Round 4

Our rookies are like our children. They fight, they act up, and sometimes you just want to slap them upside the head, but you don’t. Because they’re the future – not only of the game, but more importantly your cash generation for the year.

Which is why this week’s team announcement was dealt with a callous hand and a cold heart – as coaches took one set of rookies and replaced them with a fresh set.

Let’s get into it.

THE NEWS

Won’t somebody PLEASE think of the rookies? These poor kids need a clear run at the thing, and that’s not what they’re getting this year. George Hewett, Lincoln McCarthy, Nick Kommer and bubble-boy Jayden Short are all out this week. McCarthy may be having a rest given his injury history, but the other two look dropped.

But as per the Wisdom of Jock, the Supercoach gods also giveth. And giveth in spades they did. Jayden Hunt, new Blue Liam Sumner, giants Jacob Hopper and Jorden Pickett, Docker Darcy Tucker and American Big Friendly Giant Mason Cox have all been named to make their debuts.

Tucker and Cox are at the mercy of the extended benches, and I don’t expect we’ll see them, but that’s a lot of fresh meat at a time where we want our cows appreciating, not getting dropped. On top of interrupted seasons to popular starting selections Michael Hartley, Tom Ruggles and Daniel Rioli (all of whom are named), cash generation this year is on struggle street.

The backline is in a bit of upheaval this week. While Josh Gibson has been rested after a few weeks of leather poisoning, Daniel Rich returns for the Lions. Trent McKenzie will miss a few weeks after having his nose smashed like a watermelon last week.

Most of the news beyond this is relatively benign.

Sydney skipper Jarryd McVeigh returns, as do Luke Hodge, Steele ‘Sidebum’ Sidebottom and Chad ‘The Chad’ Wingard. However, rumours have swirled that Hodge was “nowhere to be seen” as the team left for Tassie this morning.

David Mundy is still missing from the Dockers’ lineup, that is now even more shaken by the loss of Aaron ‘Jeez You’re Tall’ Sandilands and the news Harley Bennell will not grace the football field for two months. Which brings us to The Talking Point.

UPDATE.. What’s going on with Priddis!?! Is he playing!? Who knows?

And, of course Adelaide midfielder Brad Crouch hasn’t been named this week, and is still a week or two away from returning. If you can hold, do so, but I would personally give him the flick if I had him.

THE TALKING POINT

Part I – The Rookies

In regards to the loss of rookies this week – I can’t see George Hewitt breaking back into the side any time soon, and he needs to go. I won’t be ditching him this week; instead having another week to look at rookies.

However, if you need to go this week, Tom Ruggles looks to be a longer term rookie. Michael Hartley survived this week, but I’m not sure if he, Mitch Brown and Nathan Grima can all exist in the same team, so would caution against bringing him in with Grima on the cusp of selection.

Lincoln McCarty is possibly being rested? Considering he had a very good game last week, I can’t see why he’d be dropped. Hold him – he should be back.

Part II – Michael BarNO

A hard conversations need to be had over the Supercoach future of Michael Barlow – does Bennell’s absence keep him forward? Does Mundy’s push him into the midfield. Will he be able to do anything in the midfield? Who knows?

I said if he didn’t ton up last week, he’d never ton up and the bastard flaunted a 99 in our face. WHAT THE BLOODY HELL DOES THAT MEAN, MICHAEL? ARE YOU UP TO BREAKING THREE FIGURES? OR ARE YOU JUST GOING TO BLOODY TAUNT US?!?

Supercoach 2016

Michael Barlow snapped at training this week

I’m giving the royal douchenozzle one last shot against North, but only because I want to see Zach Merrett score 90+ against a top side in Geelong before I pick him. I wouldn’t condemn anyone from bringing in significant PODs in Dayne Zorko or Leigh Montagna for him this week though, especially as he’s been named on the extended bench…

Watch out for the Sunday teams. If he’s dropped, he’s got to go.

TRADING PLACES

Having a gander at those who will rise and those who will fall. Remember, Eddie Murphy is on the way up and Dan Aykroid is on the way down, because I’ve only seen the first half of the movie and this analysis is correct up to the point I stopped watching.

I mean I read the rest of the plot on Wikipedia and know the metaphor falls apart when (spoiler) they both make bucketloads of cash but shhhhh.

Eddie Murphys

162 – Matt Priddis
153 – Jordan Lewis
146 – Adam Treloar
137 – Heath Shaw
129 – Chad Wingard

THAT CAPTAIN SEGMENT… THING

Captain A-Meh-Rica was a terrible pun. I’m not sure how I found it amusing in the first place, so I’m now taking suggestions.

In relevant things, Nic Naitanui scored 146 against Richmond last year and would back him with a VC nod this week. Otherwise, Patrick Dangerfield destroyed Essendon in the NAB cup, and I’d sadly wager he’ll do it again this week.

I’d avoid Nat Fyfe like the plague this week as he’ll be getting the Ben Jacobs treatment, but Gary Ablett loves the Q-Clash in a way none of the rest of us do. To be honest, I think it’s in the name. AFL, Stop trying to make Q-Clash happen, it will never happen. Anywho, Ablett is a very valid captaincy option, as is Todd ‘The God’ Goldstein against a Sandi-less Freo.

However, Jon Griffin has a habit of ineffectually getting in the way. I mean, he’s not a great ruckman – in fact he’s only just touching the category of good ruckman – but I’m not sure he’ll be monstered in the same way… hmm, let’s say Brodie Grundy will get monstered.

Which is why my smokie C pick this week is Maxy Gawn. After showing he’s up to the mantle of King of the Jungle, at this stage he is my captain. He could make Lobbe’s dismantling in the NAB look tame.

THAT’S ALL, FOLKS! Good luck this week, you beautiful specimens of humanity.

5.00 Update: Final Sunday teams are out, and Michael Barlow has been named on the interchange bench, which is really bloddy annoying because I was getting pumped to flick him. Think he gets one more week in the PODtatoes. Mason Cox didn’t make the cut for the Pies, and there is still no word on one Matthew Priddis.

6.45 UpdateMATT PRIDDIS IS OUT. Some bloke named Mark Hitchings comes in for him. DO NOT TRADE the curly haired ball magnet. If I find any of you trading him, I will climb through this screen and shake you back to your senses. HOLD. Replace him with a rookie.

jockreynolds · 15/04/2016 at 13:22

Anyone have The Pridd?

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 13:42

In 16.4% of teams mate

Sarah · 15/04/2016 at 13:55

Yes, I've got him. Have got 1 player to cover him so no more late outs please SC gods!!

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:01

That's not how they operate Sarah

Sarah · 15/04/2016 at 14:05

I know 🙁

The Ranger · 15/04/2016 at 14:09

is he def out?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:24

Not definitely, but rumours are swirling.

SCaddict · 15/04/2016 at 14:14

Yes they normally hit hardest when you are at your most vulnerable. They're pretty cruel bastards really.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/04/2016 at 14:48

Yep got him. Rumour is the Derby was a "brutal" clash and there a few sore boys including the prid. I'm hoping a soak in a long hot spa has done the trick today and he fronts up tonight.

@ZCanavan · 15/04/2016 at 16:43

Yep me bloody hell all well mills to the rescue

BCHawks · 15/04/2016 at 13:28

Will be holding Greene. Would love to turn him into Selwood as he is in good form but don't think it is worth the 2 trades.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 13:36

You're showing more patience than I would have, BC. I hope he pumps out a big ton for you this week

BCHawks · 15/04/2016 at 13:40

Thanks, my only option to offload him would be to downgrade Sheridan to Hartley to get $ which I am not sold on.

Phillip · 15/04/2016 at 13:29

Yes me 🙁

Pherso · 15/04/2016 at 13:30

Patch, you're a star. Thoughts on Hewitt to Aaron Young?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 13:34

Cheers Pherso. That's a bally, ballsy move. The Port midfield is scaring me, as we've seen Sam Gray go up and down, Ollie Wines struggle with consistency and Ebert and Boak drop off. I love it, but the possibility of it backfiring is very, very high. As long as you're prepared for that, go for it mate!

dangerousfyfe · 15/04/2016 at 18:40

I'm thinking Gresham up to young as a massive pod

Mich · 15/04/2016 at 13:32

Have enough cash to upgrade either Crouch of Mckenzie to a premium but not both. Which to hold, which to upgrade?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 13:37

Crouch will be back sooner, so I'd say McKenzie. I'd look at a Houli, a Laird or a Shaw if you can, Mitch.

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 13:44

What did Lincoln McCarthy do with Chris Scott's wife

Cam · 15/04/2016 at 13:49

Was thinking the same thing, so stiff after last week's performance

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 13:54

Big shame. Sure he would have scored well this week. Eye-popping reach around

SCaddict · 15/04/2016 at 14:20

Playing Essendon is both a blessing and a curse. Lots of teams will manage players and I'm sure McCarthy fits in that category this week. Alas could've been another juicy score to keep his stock price surging. 🙁

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:24

I looped him with Papsmear last week & it worked a treat. Was hoping to do it again

BKW · 15/04/2016 at 17:30

Yep same – 50 easy points 😉

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 15:54

Probably the same as what Titch did to Horses.

Cant kick Wont kick · 15/04/2016 at 16:56

Lincoln McCarthy needs to take a look at whatever Shane Kersten is doing to Scotty's wife if he wants to get an extended run in the team irrespective of performance level.

Cam · 15/04/2016 at 13:49

I put priddis in this week for crouch, should I swap him out for another premium. Maybe hanners or grey

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:11

I'd be having a look at Callan Ward as well. Averaged 116 over the first three games, only in 3% of teams. Nice POD and a bit cheaper than the two players you've already mentioned!

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:25

Love this pickup, Jezza. Everyone's jumping over Gray, but Ward is a sublime pick.

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:31

Cheers Patch! There's just so much to like about him as a fantasy player. He's durable, consistent and doesn't get tagged much. He's also a bit cheaper than some of the other ultra premos running around at the moment, but that won't last!

DasGäv · 15/04/2016 at 15:35

Couldn't agree more. I picked up Ward last week as my Rocky replacement. Combined with downgrading Barlow to Kennedy, my long-term scoring output will remain largely the same but I banked a more than $300k on the deal. So my first rookie upgrade will only need a single trade.
          Makes getting Ward in a no-brainer I reckon.

Jeremy · 15/04/2016 at 13:49

Need some help friends. I have 513k to spend on a Crouch replacement. Merrett and Cripps are probably the two that stand out – Merrett may be slightly more appealing due to his likelihood of remaining a top-10 forward as opposed to Cripps becoming a top-10 mid. I have all the "must-have" rookies and mid-pricers.

Thoughts/suggestions greatly appreciated!

@RealGreekMamba · 15/04/2016 at 13:52

I like the look of Merrett. Seems to be able to score well despite getting pumped. Agree that he is better value as a top 10 forward compared to Cripps who definitely wont be a top 10 mid, at least not this year

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:12

Cripps may not end up a top-10 mid this year, but I think you have to ask yourself is Merrett going to end up averaging more than Cripps? It's a flip of a coin job, really.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:26

You know my thoughts on Zachy boy, Jez, but I really want to give Merrett one more look against the Cats to see if he can do it against a top 4 side.

I still haven't made my trades for this week, though, so he could slip through.

shemm · 15/04/2016 at 17:26

with 513k you could upgrade to a super premo that you know will be in the top 10

Roaring Cub · 15/04/2016 at 13:51

The usual south of the border comment about Queensland football. Give the Q clash a couple of years when both teams mature a bit more and it will be a barnstormer. As a Lions fan with a brother who supports the Suns I can assure you the rivalry is alive and well.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:28

I'm not trying to dig the rivalry itself, Roaring, I just want to know what idiot thought up the name of the thing! Q-Clash just doesn't do it for me. It will rival the Showdown or the Derby in years to come, no doubt.

Sarah · 15/04/2016 at 13:56

Great write up Patch!!!

SCaddict · 15/04/2016 at 14:16

It's really the only article you need read to prepare your side for the challenges that lay ahead each weekend.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:33

Thank you, both! I put a lot of faith in Lekdog's cheat sheet each week – love seeing the thing in colour, and I would be lost without Barron's rookie watch. It's a slog to write, the rookie watchlist, and he does it with far more grace and statistical analysis than I did last year.

Jono · 15/04/2016 at 13:56

Who would you field out of Menadue, papley and m McGovern this week ? Doing my head in which one gets the last F spot

Sarah · 15/04/2016 at 14:00

Can you loophole Menadue and have a look at this score before deciding?

Jono · 15/04/2016 at 14:29

Nope because there are no non-playing forwards to swap with

Sarah · 15/04/2016 at 14:43

In that case I feel McGovern is on the verge of a breakout game… could be this weekend.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:34

I assume that means you have 8 forwards playing this week, Jono? You could really toss a coin, but I'm feeling McGovern. I have no idea why, I just think Sydney might have their defence stretched this week. Although as Sarah said, if you can loop Menadue, do so!

Phil · 15/04/2016 at 16:21

I'd back in Menadue out of those 3. He had plenty of the ball last week just butchered it. Papley & McGovern both have pretty hard games so could struggle. Plus my rule is 'If you can't decide, go with the player you payed more for.

Pinot · 15/04/2016 at 19:11

I'm banking on Measure to do well/better this week.

Pinot · 15/04/2016 at 19:11

Menadue
      Damn auto correct ruining lives.

@RealGreekMamba · 15/04/2016 at 13:56

DEF:JJ, B.Smith, Rich, Dea, Adams, Weitering (Brown, Byrne)
MID: Danger, Ablett, Fyfe, Pendles, Hall, Cripps, Libba, Kerridge (Mills, Menadue, Davis)
R: Gawn, Nic Nat (Goetz)
FWD: Barlow, D.Smith, Wells, De Goey, AMT, Papley (McCarthy, D.Rioli)

Bank $216K

Im definitely trading out Devon Smith since he's missing this week, plus he hasn't seemed to fire this year so far. Options are to bring in a premo FWD like Merrett, Zorko, Dahlhaus or even Buddy …. i want to wait on Dusty to potentially bottom out in price
or
Swing Hall FWD and bring in a premo mid like Gray, Selwood (bottomed out), Parker, Hanners.

Too much to pick from!!

Sarah · 15/04/2016 at 14:02

Swing Hall forward and bring in a gun mid! Gray, Parker or Hanners all look like good selections.

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:13

Agree, swing Hall to the mids and go a premo in the midfield

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/04/2016 at 14:52

Or ward. You can't keep him to yourself Sarah. 🙂

mick · 15/04/2016 at 14:01

keep sheridan and s gray or trade to ruggles and zorko help needed

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:36

I'd err on the side of keeping Sheridan – give him a bit longer to pick up. However, Sam Gray could go to a premo if you've got the cash.

MaccasMarvels · 16/04/2016 at 01:21

Sam Gray. Worst performed in $$ terms. Trade Gray – Franklin. Sideways, yeah. Buddy will end up near top 10 and could average 100. My gut tells me equally 'yeah, nah'. Wasted trade?? Thoughts…anyone.

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 14:05

If I can trade in any premium midfielder, would Fyfe be the pick of the lot even with Sandi going down? I have Ablett, Gray, Pendles, Selwood, Danger atm. Thinking moving Crouch and Barlow on to a premium and Ruggles.

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:15

I'd be looking at players like Hannebery, Ward and Parker. All really solid picks.

Jonathan Camac · 15/04/2016 at 14:23

If you have the cash money, Fyfe is still a great option. However, I'm liking Ward as a POD, only owned by 2.5% of coaches and is a consistent scorer/player.

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:32

Couldn't agree more with this – he's also a bit cheaper

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 14:39

Ward and Parker are both great options. Ward has a BE of 138 so could wait another week to grab him, but barlow will probably drop the same amount.

Marcus · 15/04/2016 at 14:08

Sorry but how come for this year, there are no articles about who to pick as captain for each round ?
I found them extremely helpful last year.

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 14:14

Just changed things up mate that's all. If you have any questions on captaincy the community is more than capable of helping you. Struggling with anything for this round?

Marcus · 15/04/2016 at 15:43

Oh no, i am fine for this round thanks. Just that the Captains pick segment was one of my favourites. Thank you for your offer anyway.

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:09

Barlow last man on an extended bench. Ross is up to his usual tricks. I really hate that man

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 14:15

here here. Given him the kick this week I'm done with Ross' shenanigans

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:40

The extended bench itself can get stuffed. Hate it to bits. Giving Ross that much freedom to screw us over is one of the more dangerous things in existence.

mick · 15/04/2016 at 14:10

same thoughts marco sheridan/s gray to ruggles and premo but remember we will need maximum players come byes and ruggles is very unlikely to play in bye rounds

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 14:17

I wouldn't propose downgrading someone like sam gray, especially when juggles is not on the bubble. However for me I don't want to have Crouch and possibly Barlow sitting on the bench when i could get players who will score me points.

Gibbs · 15/04/2016 at 14:10

Thinking of going Sherridan to weitering? Recon Weiters will average more and rise to at least 410 k + as well as the fact it will net me 70 K? Have 28 trades as it stands

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:41

Weitering a must, Gibbsy. You've missed a fair chunk of the price rise but he will keep going up, so jump onboard.

SC Shelia · 15/04/2016 at 14:13

So is Priddis definitely out?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:41

No official announcement as this stage, Shelia. If I see anything by way of that I'll pop it up, but we're not likely to know until an hour or two before the bounce.

carmzz · 15/04/2016 at 14:16

hi
I have mkenzie and crouch and 100k
do I go mkenzie to laird or crouch to anyone under 600k(that's all ill have)

I don't think anyone under 600k I want in my team I have ablett danger fyfe pendles parker libba mills

I want gray and hanners but to expensive

take a risk on zaka?

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:34

Two words – Callan. Ward. Get him in – Approx. 570k and averaged 116 over the first three rounds. Only in about 3% of teams.

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 14:43

You're definitely a fan of Ward mate ahaha. I'm more and more sold after every comment

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:43

You could look at Tom Mitchell as a POD, Carmzz. I'd prefer him over Zaharakis. Otherwise, Rory Laird will treat you right, I feel.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 14:16

Hey community once again needing some relevant supercoach advice for my team.

Backs: Laird, Bartel, JJ, Weitering, Dea, Rich (Brown, AMT)
Mids: Danger, Fyfe, Ablett, Gray, Wines, Libby, B Crouch, B Ken ( Mills, Hewett, Davis)
Rucks: Gawn, Nic Nat (Cox)
Forwards: Hall, Barlow, Wells, Adams, Kerridge, papley (McCarthy, Menadue)

Was thinking Rich to Hartley/ Ruggles and Crouch up to Parker which leaves my midfield nearly complete for the season and some more cash generation. However now that rich was named and mccarthy and hewett havnt been named im unsure what to do.i want crouch out 100% to a premo because i dont want to have to rely on mills and b ken in the centre who could pull out 60's. Really stuck this week so please help me out. A side note I currently have $128200 in the bank. Another suggestion was crouch out bring rich mid and bring in brodie smith. Also could trade out barlow instead of rich if i wanted

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:51

I think we should be holding Daniel Rich this week. Played with a busted hand and the hardest tag in the business last week, and he did score 104 in a side that was pumped in round 1.

I like the idea of swinging Rich into the middle and nabbing a 400K defender. Hurn and Yeo also ones to consider.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 15:05

any good 400k forward options instead because my forward is a bit light right now

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 15:09

Crouch to BSmith

Jonathan Camac · 15/04/2016 at 14:21

Feel free to add me as a rival, community. Just have to go to leagues, click on rivals and set-up 'Camac Attack' as new rival. Looking forward to it!

Phil H · 15/04/2016 at 17:17

I've got you on board Camac
    My team is Flappies Floggers – just lookout, I'm runnijg hot ATM!

Jonathan Camac · 15/04/2016 at 18:06

Looking forward to it mate! Check out instagram account 'Supercoach Scout' for best results from rivalries. Should be some good competition – looks like Patch has joined the rivalry too!

CJudd3Votes · 15/04/2016 at 14:21

Callan Ward currently on the extended bench, anyone know if this is just the way the side is atm or should i be panicking?

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:27

Unless he's injured Ward is NO chance of being dropped. The case for Barlow is not as clear cut

Andrew · 15/04/2016 at 14:33

He will defs play, dw about it

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:35

Haven't seen any reports of him being injured. He's GWS' co-captain so I doubt he'd be dropped!

Pinot · 15/04/2016 at 19:13

Aparently a bad case of the Sandy Vagina

CJudd3Votes · 15/04/2016 at 14:23

Also would it be possible to loophole ablett and Danger or are the games gonna be like ten minutes overlap just enough to be a pain in the ass?

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:28

You should have a pretty good idea of what Danger will score by then anyway.

SCaddict · 15/04/2016 at 14:30

No it's definitely doable. Just have to be paying attention midway through the last quarter of the Cats game and you should have a pretty good indication of what Danger will roughly score.

Just make sure you have your team set up beforehand to minimise the number of changes you have to make so you don't forget to say put an E on someone in the rush. For instance I already have Loersch on field at R2 with the E on Stef Martin at R3.

jezzahill · 15/04/2016 at 14:36

No that's doable – it will be easy enough to see how Danger's going at half time/three quarter time. If he's killing it just make the change before the end of the Geelong/Bombers game.

Liam · 15/04/2016 at 14:31

Help me please! I can afford to trade Brad Crouch to anyone in the midfield (I Have Danger, Gablett, Pendles, Wines) Should I get Fyfe or Gray? Or is there anyone else I can get?

Liam · 15/04/2016 at 14:35

And Do I hold onto S Gray?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:53

I'm going to get in before Jezza and suggest Callan Ward. Fyfe will drop further in price so I'd leave him for the moment – Ward or Gray would be my suggestions.

Gray should score more, but Ward will be more durable. Would personally go Gray.

BKW · 15/04/2016 at 17:34

Robbie!

Browny · 15/04/2016 at 14:31

Should we be looking to trade Rich this week even tho he's playing this week? he still seems like a burnman to me.

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:36

If a tagger walks over to him that would be a very good idea. Soon as Jacobs walked over to him he raised the white flag & cried.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:54

I'm almost looking the other way and seeing how soon I can get him in. As I said above, he scored 104 in a thrashing and then got a hard tag while playing injured. I'd absolutely hold him.

EnDee · 15/04/2016 at 15:04

Agreed Patch. High cont poss %, kick to HB %, tackle count… Will burnman you if you trade out, not hold.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 14:32

loophole nic nat into danger? Or play it safe with ablett or gray or fyfe

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:50

If Priddis is out go the safer option for mine

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 17:11

wouldnt risk fyfe with Sandi out

yer man · 15/04/2016 at 14:35

rockcliff to gray mitchell parker priddis?
is priddis injured
1st and 2nd picks please

Charlie · 15/04/2016 at 14:44

Parker, Parker

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 14:55

Priddis is apparently carrying a niggle – Gray/Parker/Mitchell in that order from those you've listed, assuming Priddis will miss. If not, he's #2.

yer man · 15/04/2016 at 15:06

Tszyu · 15/04/2016 at 14:37

Barlow is a killer. does anyone in the community know when the sunday games teams are named? I was thinking barlow to brodie smith via DPP with brown in the backline. But hard without knowing when sunday teams are named?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/04/2016 at 14:54

Today 5pm. So about 2 hours wait.

sammy · 15/04/2016 at 15:09

heard from member barlow will be in hope its right costa

Tszyu · 15/04/2016 at 15:26

so do i sammy! Trying to save as many trades for when i really need to use them. or to paint the fence down and then up

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 14:40

no one has McVeigh. But he's expensive

Phil · 15/04/2016 at 16:30

Both are overpriced. I'd wait 2-3 weeks and get McVEigh

Tom · 15/04/2016 at 14:52

zorko vs montagna

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 15:55

Zorko. Only reason being tooth length and injury prone. Both should be top 5, but I can't split them on points myself.

Phil · 15/04/2016 at 16:32

I'd prefer Montagna but I wouldn't do it this week against Hawks in Tassie. Saints play are pretty nice SC game, Zorko might be scoring nice now but I think it will taper off once Rocky & Beams are playing.

BKW · 15/04/2016 at 17:35

Zorko for mine

Charlie · 15/04/2016 at 14:53

Thoughts on this community?

Crouch > Hartley by swinging Rich into the midfield
Then I will be able to upgrade Green > Zorko or Merrett (Not sure who yet)

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 15:56

Nice, mate! Zorko will outscore Merrett from here on in, methinks.

Adam · 15/04/2016 at 14:53

Crouch and Lonergan out this week but having trouble deciding who to bring in.
Ruggles, Byrne or Lee for Lonergan.
Zorko, Dalhaus or Montagna for Crouch via dpp swap which will move Ben Kennedy into the midfield and the selected player in the forward line.
I am leaning towards Zorko and T Lee and is it a good option.
Also who should i put as vice captain out of Nic Nat, Danger and Ablett as I am thinking of putting the C on Goldy if they don't get 135+.

BP1 · 15/04/2016 at 14:54

Jock, Patch…anyone! I've traded Macenzie
To Ruggles and bagged 277k
Do I upgrade T. Greene to Ablett (BE 130)
Or Parker (BE 95) ???????
I'm swinging towards Parker then Nab GAJ
Next week. Help!!

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 15:57

If you've got the cash to get Ablett in next week I'd go Parker, but if you can only get one of them in the next few go Gaz.

BP1 · 15/04/2016 at 16:28

Champion Patch, it's a bit of a flip of the coin, but Parker won't come cheaper from
      Current form. I should be able to downgrade hewett next week and get GAJ

BP1 · 15/04/2016 at 16:32

Actually I've still got 123k, so might be able to upgrade straight from Libba?
      Or do you think I should hold, have a solid
      Midfield and upgrade a to a ultra premo defender??

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 17:23

Well if you have the money to grab the other next week, Grab Parker first. My concern for you is you are using up a lot of trades here early. Who are the others you plan to trade out?

BP1 · 15/04/2016 at 17:34

i might hold trading next week.. But I'm going with trading aggressive early, only need couple more players I missed from round 1……Houli, Gaz and an ultra premo fwd. depends with injuries this week but might hold off trading next week apart from upgrading To Ablett. I have Hewett who wont Be getting more game time and I have all the right rookies making me money. Just want to get my team set right in next two rounds, get highest ranking I can then cash in when rookies have maxed out and upgrade $$$$

CapTnKaOs · 15/04/2016 at 14:57

Starting to see a pattern with a player or two rested against Essendon. Do we need to think about this when bringing players in?
Example- Pendles is a proven gun under 600k.. OK, he's not fully fit. So does Bucks give him next week off against the Dons to rest those ribs?

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 15:06

Bucks is battling to keep his job. Personally I hope he doesn't. He will want Pendles to play desparately

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 15:30

Plus it's Anzac Day, and Essendon will turn up for the occasion like they always do. Both teams will be full strength.

MaccasMarvels · 16/04/2016 at 00:22

No, i think don't worry too much about your player playing Essendon when you bring them in. Ensure your trades bring in guns, at their best price ideally, or rookies who haven't played their 3rd game and look the goods.

And there are better options than a pretty sore Pendles, I think. Haven't got him and haven't looked though. And i'm a maggies fan! Once he gets back to 120 – 130's, then he's relevant again.

You have a good point about the possible essendon week off due to a niggle, but a gun is a gun and if he's also a POD, result. Snaffle that s**t up and sit back for the rest of the year confidently. 'How's your bench cover' should be something that's covered all the time too……

MaccasMarvels · 16/04/2016 at 00:24

*** Long term injuries the other trade consideration.

JJJ · 15/04/2016 at 14:59

Trading out Lonergan and Brad crouch with 180k cash spare ($840k total)

1. Go the old boring, Bring in a premo mid + a rookie (Parker, Robbie, ward, etc)
2. Grown some balls, and make it a POD week and bring in Tom Lynch (GCS) and caleb Daniel to have a killer insane fwd line

Cheers

SC God · 15/04/2016 at 15:40

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:01

Number 2. is a big, BIG move, JJJ. Would love the hustle of bringing one of those boys in, but I reckon both will leave you burnt in a few weeks. Feel Aaron Young is ahead of both of those in the mid-pricer department but your call to make, mate. Could pay off big time. I'll save you a bed in the burns department just in case, though!

Jordan · 15/04/2016 at 14:59

One of the most entertaining articles yet!
On ya Patch

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 15:08

thoughts on crouch to aaron young?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:12

You could trade yourself out of the frying pan and into the fire, but Young is one I've considered this week. I won't go there, but he's looking good without Monfries and White in Port's side.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 17:14

I think I might play it safe and go Crouch to B Smith via Rich

Flaccid Jaff · 15/04/2016 at 16:16

I'm strongly considering this as it would give me the extra cash I need to upgrade Lobbe to Goldstein. I really don't like low midpricers though. He was very sub-affected last year yes, but I wouldn't expect him to keep up what he is doing. I'm thinking I'll instead either go to Hartley or Ruggles via Bartel DPP or just hold on to Crouch.

abel · 15/04/2016 at 16:21

I like ot

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 15:17

Is Gawn better than Goldy?

I have Lobbe keeping the seat warm for Goldy, waiting for the big hugger to drop in price a bit. After last week and Gawn gave Goldy a bit of a lesson, I'm starting to rethink.

Also my theory that ruckmen will score less this year, I am really really liking the look of the Blitz.

If you were stuck on a SuperCoach Desert island and you were only allowed 1 ruckman, Goldy, Gawn or Blitz?

MY TWO CENTS · 15/04/2016 at 15:23

Imagine if u were stuck on the island with Lobbe and no one could hear you [email protected]!

Tszyu · 15/04/2016 at 15:29

Goldy. Although I do love what the Blitz has/can produce

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 15:31

Still would have Goldy I think. Can't go wrong with any of those 3 though.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:17

Gawn. The beard would keep you warm at night, like a rug. And you could stand on his shoulders and see more than if you were standing on Goldys', which means you'd have an easier job seeing a passing ship.

Then I'd snog Blitz and marry Gol… hold on, I think I'm getting sidetracked.

Gawn is my pick. Think there is more upside and will average just under if not the same as Goldy, but the cash saved is significant.

Phil · 15/04/2016 at 16:38

Watched the game last week and I think there was more upside to Gawns game. He had 7 free kicks against! What could he have scored? Plus don't think Goldy will kick 5 too often. Having said that I'd still take Goldy because he has the proven durability which is crucial in the ruck. I have both, thanks Jock!

Shake n bake · 15/04/2016 at 17:32

GAWN

Chris · 15/04/2016 at 15:26

Bit stuck on what to do any help would be great!

I have Lonegan and B.Crouch who need to go (lonergan can stay if he has to but Crouch needs to go)
have $196k in bank, would love to get zorko as my forwards are a bit thin but just miss dont have enough
what should i do????

My rank is just under 1000 and looks like this

Shaw, Laird, Lonergan, Weitering, Adams, Dea Bench: Brown, Hartley
Fyfe, Danger, Ward, Priddis, Gaz, Hanneberry, Liba, Crouch, Mills Bench: Kennedy, Hewett, Davis
Goldy, Nic Nat Bench: wyatt
Dusty, Hall, Wells, Kerridge, Menadue, Papley Bench: AMT, Grimly

Jakob · 15/04/2016 at 15:47

Can you afford Merrett?

Chris · 15/04/2016 at 16:01

If i downgrade hewett yes otherwise im 5k off or if i trade out lonergan for him i can

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:25

Tough one, Chris. I reckon your forward line is alright – I'd consider Crouch to Ruggles via Lonergan

Chris · 15/04/2016 at 16:43

cheers patch, rekon i could hold of doing that trade for another look at ruggles though or just bite the bullet now

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 15:29

Gawn is a big powerful unit. I was putting on a 340 metre par 4 18 months ago & Max Gawns tee shot rolled past my feet. Gawn did take care of Goldy in the tap outs. But Goldy also kicked 5 on Gawn. Sure was an entertaining contest. I'd still pick Goldy in a heartbeat. Has a history of it. Seen plenty who started with a mid pricer to get to Goldy have to completely rethink plans.

stavros · 15/04/2016 at 16:48

on the footy show Darcy showed he was clearly and I mean clearly over the line when he kicked one . the dees should have won darcy made a big deal out of it saying the goal umps should have go pros that ground doesn't have videos…I have both don't know whose better maybe gawoldy

sammy · 15/04/2016 at 15:31

always thought mary ann was better than ginger but a dead heat like gawn and goldy Lobbe is sort of a poor mans luvvy mrs Thurston hpwell the third………be like Gilligan Derek choose maryann or ginger cant go wrong oh I forgot youre stuck with Granny clampett good luckderek

derek · 15/04/2016 at 16:13

Come on Ginger was Hot! (I think she liked the professor)

Lobbe may be leaving my team this week if I believe that Gawn or Blitz are better replacments than Goldy.

Trading out BCrouch I can get either Gawn or Blitz, but not Goldy

stavros · 15/04/2016 at 16:25

ginger had a head like jarrad grant but I will give you that she could play afl better MARYANN much prettier gotter go gawn Derek then fix up buddy rich now show your age and tell me who buddy was Iforgot Iam on internet

Hbrown · 15/04/2016 at 15:35

Community feel like Rich will be inconsistent all year got cash to upgrade him thoughts on:

Rance or Houli?

OR B Smith and save cash?

Cheers

SC God · 15/04/2016 at 15:36

get sheridan

Jakob · 15/04/2016 at 16:00

I'd get Smith.

derek · 15/04/2016 at 16:14

Rich to Smith is sideways.

Flaccid Jaff · 15/04/2016 at 16:18

Don't go Smith, will be up and down like Rich so no point. I'm holding Rich but if you want to flick him, I'd go Houli

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:22

I'd personally hold him, H.

stavros · 15/04/2016 at 15:35

rocky is no way in the best 10 mids so why keep him barlow on the other hand could and I mean could possibly be in the mix for fwds. also he has dpp I WOULD DUMP ROCKY AND KEEP BARLOW

Steeeve · 15/04/2016 at 18:22

Rocky has every chance to finish in the top 10 mids.

Browny · 15/04/2016 at 15:56

Which mid pricer would be better to trade out, J Lonnergan or Sheridan?

Browny · 15/04/2016 at 15:57

Want to downgrade to Hartley

Jimi · 15/04/2016 at 16:10

Don't you have a non-playing rookie to downgrade to Hartley?

Tszyu · 15/04/2016 at 16:14

mid pricers at your peril now. paint up or paint down now i reckon

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 16:24

There not injured. They should hover around the same price or more than what they are. You should keep them & wait for a fallen premo to get to. The name of the game is to find value & strike.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:31

Sage wisdon, Pieman. Completely agree

Fevola · 15/04/2016 at 15:58

Just say Barlow doesn't make the Final 22 who would we be looking to trade to? Already have Hall
Zach Merret?
POD Lynch from the Suns?
Zorko?
Could swing and pick up
JJ
B.Smith but would rather wait a few weeks and pick up shaw.

Fevola · 15/04/2016 at 16:00

OR also trade out BCrouch and pick up anyone I like?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:30

Zorko for mine, Fev.

Andy · 15/04/2016 at 15:59

Someone please help me! I have Miles and no bench cover! Should I trade out Menadue or hewett for who? To try and get Shiel or Jack?

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 16:21

Menadue is playing

Andy · 15/04/2016 at 16:23

Yeah I've got no one to swing him into mid

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:30

If you can do sneaky DPPs to get Hewett to Ruggles do so, otherwise Jayden Hunt is said to have good JS – I don't like trusting GWS with rookies if I can help it.

Andy · 15/04/2016 at 16:43

Hunt is only on the bench isn't he? Can someone explain how DPP can work with hewett and ruggles?

ST KFC · 15/04/2016 at 16:01

Community. Need your collective wisdom. Which of the 2 options is a better option to bring in:
Option 1: Zaharakis + Zach Merrett
Option 2: Joel Selwood + Brodie Smith

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 16:08

Andy · 15/04/2016 at 16:13

Tszyu · 15/04/2016 at 16:14

derek · 15/04/2016 at 16:16

I would go option 2. cash in of Selwood this week

Flaccid Jaff · 15/04/2016 at 16:41

BestCoastEagles · 15/04/2016 at 17:08

Option two by a country mile, Essendon are competitive now but i recon they will fall in a hole and get flogged week in week out in coming weeks. Zaharakis will melt like an ice cream on a hot summers day when this happens

Couchcoach · 15/04/2016 at 16:16

How many games do you think josh Gibson will play this year community?
Sideways trade to houli perhaps?

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 16:25

Unless he's out for a while hold. That's just wasting trades. Get Tipa to cover for him.

Mac · 15/04/2016 at 16:26

you serious or what

derek · 15/04/2016 at 16:27

he only missed round 2 last year and played every other game.

can't see him being a problem

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 16:28

Hold mate – he's having a rest against the Saints and will be back next week.

Couchcoach · 15/04/2016 at 16:37

Very valid points just think if Gibson is out for a few he won't be a top 6 defender. Although I will hold

Mac · 15/04/2016 at 16:27

Do I trade Barlow to JJ or Brodie Smith or do I hold?

Average Joe · 15/04/2016 at 20:13

jj

Barlow_The_Belt · 15/04/2016 at 16:31

Anyone got ideas for who to trade in for Brad Crouch?

Barlow_The_Belt · 15/04/2016 at 16:34

I have $429,000 in the bank

BKW · 15/04/2016 at 17:38

With that a amount of cash i think you need to downgrade or hold this week

Jacob · 15/04/2016 at 16:36

If my team is set
How many trades should we have and is 26 not enough ?

Cashcows · 15/04/2016 at 16:37

Wasnt planning on trading Barlow but if he's a late out he might as well go.
Only have 476k to work with, not much option up forward with that cash aside from Lambert.
DPP gives me JJ or B Smith as my 2 other options.

JJ the right call? Already got Laird, not a fan of double downing team mates in 1 area.

azza · 15/04/2016 at 16:39

if barlow is out should i:

1) use 1 trade and go to z.merret/buddy
2) use 2 trades (drop hewett) and get zorko

plz help

Flaccid Jaff · 15/04/2016 at 16:39

I really want to hold Brad Crouch, is anyone else doing this?
It's just tough because I have Rockliff and 260k bank sitting on the bench as well this week.
I really rate Brad, reckon he could average 110 in the second half of the season, saving trades is worth heaps, and the premos I'd go to from Brad haven't fallen yet, so should I keep him or is this too much unused value on the bench?

My two options are going Corey Ellis (who looks as reluctant to go get the pill as a clucky 34 year old suburban housewife) down to Hartley or Ruggles and Brad Crouch up to Fyfe or Danger, OR go Brad down to Hartley or Ruggles or Aaron Young and Lobbe up to Goldstein.

What do you think community?

derek · 15/04/2016 at 16:50

I think i'll be getting rid of him. I do like the crows draw after round 9, but wasn't really planning to keep him that long anyway.

I assume you have Davis and Menadue, you can see how they score before the crows play and if either do ok you can use their score and hold BCrouch another week.

Grahame Lebroy · 15/04/2016 at 17:01

I don't think anyone doubts he will be a great player but I think we have to get rid of him. Injured pre season now out for 2 – 3 weeks, its too much money to be sitting there. As Derek said check out Menadue and Davis it might save him a week

shemm · 15/04/2016 at 16:39

i was thinking hewett- hartley this week and then brown-ruggles next week. good trades or should i hold hewett and if he isn't named next week just go hartley-ruggles if ruggles gets another good score?

shemm · 15/04/2016 at 17:02

it would put rich in the midfield though

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 17:09

I'd hold and look to move to Ruggles next week Shemm

Nick · 15/04/2016 at 16:40

Should I start Milera, Hartley or tippa on field?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 17:09

Tippa's been the more consistent of them, Nick

Nick · 15/04/2016 at 18:02

Cheers patch

Banned_34 · 15/04/2016 at 16:50

Hey community. Gotta trade McKenzie. Was thinking of Parker, but have enough for Hannebery. He is having a cracking year also. Remember sidebum knocked his head off round one and he stilled scored 100. Thoughts?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 17:08

Parker over Hanners for me, Banned

Jim · 15/04/2016 at 16:50

Would it be an issue to have both laird and b smith at this stage?

derek · 15/04/2016 at 16:54

I started the year with them both, very happy so far

Banned_34 · 15/04/2016 at 16:54

I have them both. Been awesome. Byes are a concern though. Depends who else you have in backline

Grahame Lebroy · 15/04/2016 at 16:58

Not the way the crows are playing

james · 15/04/2016 at 16:58

hello community looking at bringing in a midfield promo this week and can afford anyone

my current mids are : Danger Ablett Gray Priddis Shiel Adams Parish

just not sure who to get as fyfe will cop a tag from jacobs and probably score 70

who do people suggest i got

also who should i chuck the vc and c on
Nic Nat to Danger
Danger to ablett

BestCoastEagles · 15/04/2016 at 17:14

Fyfe hasn't even warmed up yet after end of year ops, loophole Danger to Ablett

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 17:08

5:00 teams named! If you've missed the edit to her, Barlow has been NAMED, Mason Cox has NOT.

Tophawk · 15/04/2016 at 17:16

Great! It means Barlow has now also been named in my team. No need to trade him out. (for now………) Thanks Patch!

hedski · 15/04/2016 at 17:31

Same tophawk. Playing you in "liam mcmemes" this week good luck

Tophawk · 15/04/2016 at 17:40

Cheers Hedski. Bring it on!

ThePods · 15/04/2016 at 17:10

All 30 of my players are named this week, meaning I have no loophole opportunity. I'm happy with the rest of my team. Ranked 1500.

Should I trade M Cox, who I picked as my loophole for the year, to another loophole?

Is the ability to loophole worth a trade?

#toughone

shemm · 15/04/2016 at 17:13

cox didn't make the extended bench and isn't playing

ThePods · 15/04/2016 at 17:20

Ok well that solves the problem for this week. Hadn't checked the teams yet. Thanks.

I'm still interested in people's thoughts though. Would you trade a probable non-cash cow to gain the ability to loophole?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 17:25

Not at this stage of the season, no

Mark · 15/04/2016 at 17:19

Community, do you think zorko can continue this kind of form for the remainder of the season?

Leeds17 · 15/04/2016 at 17:25

He'll average over 100

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 17:26

I reckon he'll hit 105 pretty easily, Mark. Should be a top 6 forward

Mark · 15/04/2016 at 17:29

Will the return of rockliff, beams and rich hurt his scoring though, do you reckon Patch?

I N Pieman · 15/04/2016 at 17:29

Expect a 100-105 AV. He can throw in monsters & a few turds

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 17:21

Derek I have a problem just realised I am 2k off Crouch to Brodie Smith.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 17:26

Shannon Hurn?

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 17:31

Idk if I want Hurn in my final team though…

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 17:37

Could go hewett to ruggles/hartley with a lot of dpp shuffling then go crouch to smith

Sarah · 15/04/2016 at 17:27

who to bring in out of Sumner and Hunt?

Kev · 15/04/2016 at 17:50

Sumner has had some afl experience, but I wouldn't be bringing either in yet

SC Shelia · 15/04/2016 at 17:28

Papley or Menadue on the field not sure to go with? Whats the Community think?

Cheers

Shelia

hedski · 15/04/2016 at 17:28

Spudlow escapes the masher.
Tippa or Papley on field community?
Can't loophole (McCarthy)
Cheers

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 18:50

Tippa mate. More consistent

hedski · 15/04/2016 at 19:04

Cheers patch go cats.
      Sry couldn't help it

Jon · 15/04/2016 at 17:29

Are there still question marks around KK or is he a solid pick now?

corey · 15/04/2016 at 17:37

parker robbie gray or sam mitchell

John · 15/04/2016 at 17:46

Team looks like this:

Shaw Gibson Smith (AMT)
Weitering Adams Dea (Brown)

Gaz Fyfe Danger Libba (Davis/Petracca)
Greene Mills BKen Menadue (Dunkley)

Martin Nic Nat (Currie)

Hall Barlow Martin (Milera)
Wells Kerridge Papely (McGovern)

Dunkley to JJ a smart move, community?

John · 15/04/2016 at 18:01

And Greene to Zorko

Krups · 15/04/2016 at 17:46

Hello all.

Was thinking Barlow to Dahlhaus?

Thanks

Kev · 15/04/2016 at 17:47

Hold

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 18:51

I like it…. gotta get rid of BarNo.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 17:51

Since I am 2k off crouch to b smith i am considering using multiple dpp to go from hewett to ruggles/hartley by bringing menadue to the middle and bring amt from the backline to the forward,or instead of using multiple dpps i could just bring my other def/mid bartel to the centre and then go crouch to a b smith, docherty, simpson or kk and bring rich to the centre. I prefer keeping bartel in the backline so if i do these trades id probs do the multiple dpp option.
Any suggestions are appreciated and my team is listed above if anyone was wondering.

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 18:50

HOLD

Sam · 15/04/2016 at 17:54

Patch, what are your trades for this round?

Shake n bake · 15/04/2016 at 18:00

I was thinkin Crouch to Selwood or is Kennedy a better option? Think both on the up. But I'm thinking Selwood?

Mac · 15/04/2016 at 18:04

Selwood by a mile.

Brett · 15/04/2016 at 18:03

Trade dilemas ……

Barlow plus mills to parker and mitchell
Would u consider that sideways trading with barlow or ensuring a premium output

Other wise
Hewitt to j lyons and mills to r gray

Sort term solutions with lyons gives me some flexibilty and can be used as a loophole with his score or menadues

Cheers community

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 18:06

hi community. Am i missing something? why are so many looking to get rid of Lonergan? Is he injured? He is averaging 80.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 18:50

Not sure, Holty. A lot had higher expectations, it seems. I'd hold him.

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 19:51

cheers lads. Although not the start i was hoping for as you eluded to Patch, for a 350ķ averaging 80, its not bad either. I just thought he might have a bit of a niggle with so many tempted to trade him out.

ST74 · 15/04/2016 at 19:25

I agree. I can't understand either. He has already goneup $15k and as you said is averaging 80 point per game. I am looking to get rid of Yeo first.

Sully321 · 15/04/2016 at 18:19

Which two to start out of papley, Oliver, and mills?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 18:49

Oliver and Mills

Paul · 15/04/2016 at 19:04

Papley and Oliver I reckon. Mills has been consistently in the 50-70 range which is boring. The other 2 have been a bit bigger.

@footy_bec · 15/04/2016 at 18:20

Is JJ still worth getting in? Are people considering him a keeper for defence?

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 18:28

yes I still think he is a kepper bound to struggle against the Hawks and bullies have a soft draw

Adsy · 15/04/2016 at 18:21

How is everyone treating captain loophole this week? I'm thinking pretty stock standard Danger VC on Saturday arvo, into either Goldy or Gawny on Sunday. Thoughts?

hedski · 15/04/2016 at 18:34

Exactly same as you adsy. On goldy atm but either of big boyz could go massive again this week. I have a feeling we might be happy with dangers offering 😉

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 18:45

Nic Nat VC… He could go big tonight I reckon.

Marc · 15/04/2016 at 18:26

Community, how should we be going about trades? Choosing potential mid price breakouts and turning them into premos or just going with the old rookie/ premo tactic?

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 18:49

Most of us are painting the fence, Marc

JJJ · 15/04/2016 at 18:28

Trading out Mills and Brad crouch with 180k cash spare ($730k total)

1. Robbie Gray + Petracca
2. Tom Lynch (GCS) and caleb Daniel

Thanks

JJJ · 15/04/2016 at 18:31

Oops…. Sorry

Trade out Mills and Brad crouch;
    1. Robbie Gray + Petracca

Or trade out Lonergan and Crouch for;
    2. Tom Lynch (GCS) and caleb Daniel

Thanks

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 18:41

Is daniels a keeper in your opinion? lot of money you are investing in someone if your not planning to keep them at this stage of the year. Gray is a great choice and Lynch is improving every game he plays and the way he is playing might be a keeper.
      Id go option 1 as Gray is a certain keeper

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 19:54

Keep Mills.

Crouch to BSmith

tyr · 15/04/2016 at 18:34

Is priddis playing yes or no????

Tophawk · 15/04/2016 at 18:41

Till waiting for final teams. Should know at around 7pm. (EAST) I hope Priddis plays. I can then whack the V on Nic Nat with some confidence. If he doesnt, then the V will go to another player.

Joel · 15/04/2016 at 18:46

Priddis out hutchings in dam it

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 18:49

Priddis OUT

Troubled Coach · 15/04/2016 at 18:34

Guys need help with trade, $400K odd to play with.
Thinking of trading Crouch to Lil Gaz & Menadue to A Young.?

hedski · 15/04/2016 at 18:38

Just the first one

Siri · 15/04/2016 at 18:46

PRID is out…..

Hayley · 15/04/2016 at 18:49

Couldn't help it, had to make a trade. Out Sheridan, in Hartley. Dea onto the ground. Banked 250k or so. I know Hartley is not guaranteed a game, but I'm probably going to get Ruggles in next week, and then I'll have plenty of cash for some upgrades. Thinking Papley might be on the way out soon, hopefully I can make enough to get Zorko.

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 19:34

Hartley isn't a must bro…. HOLD Sheridan IMO, see how he goes this week plus there's a heap of DEF rookies coming up.

Paul · 15/04/2016 at 21:44

I just thought that Dea is doing as well as Sheridan, may as well bank the money, make a bit more off Hartley (and then Ruggles) and add another Premo as a result. Will still have 4 defensive rookie spots to rotate those rookies through.

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 18:49

should I trade Hewett down to Hartley? I think it's going to be a while before Hewett gets back in the side…. while Hartley has a BE of -50, price change and cash generation on the horizon….. I think I'm going to HOLD, I don't think he is a must have and a lot more better DEF rookies options coming up in the next week or so. I'll watch Ruggles, Byrnes and Tucker closely this week. Sometimes you just gotta HOLD.

Kev · 15/04/2016 at 18:55

Long term Hartley hasn't got the best js, Grima is close to playing senior footy again. Ruggles had a great nab and I'm really barracking for him this week. Knows how to find the footy and kicks more than he handballs = good for sc scoring

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 19:36

Agreed Kev.

Patch · 15/04/2016 at 18:57

I'm on the Magic Rug Ride and in camp Ruggles.

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 19:36

so you don't have Hartley? I'm thinking Ruffles IN next week if holds his spot in the team….

YellowNBlack · 15/04/2016 at 18:49

hi guys,

so i need to get rid of rockliff this week can't hold him again but have no cash in the bank… should i sideways or downgrade and bank some cash?

any advise as always will be greatly appreciated and good luck this weekend community!

Siri · 15/04/2016 at 18:54

i would downgrade…… who are your MIDS

yellowNBlack · 15/04/2016 at 19:00

dangerfield, ablett, fyfe, pendles, libertore, b kennedy(melb), kerridge, menadue on the bench is mills, davis and rockliff at the moment.

just thinking I'm really one promo short and with him wasting on the bench I'm losing too many points..?

probably going to hold i think because i can't get to anyone i think is a keeper but need help.

yellowNBlack · 15/04/2016 at 19:03

i was thinking of either straight swapping to zorko or JJ via DDP but think if i do it needs to be a midfielder to cover rocky..?

any advice would be much appreciated here.. just going in circles in my head.

Moz · 15/04/2016 at 19:05

Zorko has burnt people in the past. Not a proven premo at the moment, plus he is in a losing side, JJ also had a rough week. I don't think he will have good output for the rest of the year

yellowNBlack · 15/04/2016 at 19:11

yeah all valid points… so if i was to downgrade some options… maybe parish or oliver?

Tophawk · 15/04/2016 at 18:50

Priddis IS OUT.

The V will have to come off Nic Nat now.

Luviboy1 · 15/04/2016 at 18:52

Priddis out. This weeks carnage has begun.

Luke · 15/04/2016 at 18:56

Midfield looks very weak now with no Priddis. Will watch Menadue tonight and hope he scores well.
I have both Greene and Barlow, one of them may go for Robbie Gray, Nat Fyfe or to keep some money in the war chest, Zaharakis

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 18:59

Some advice on my situation posted above please

Keenbutclueless · 15/04/2016 at 19:07

Hold. You seem absolutely determined to trade, but really you don't need to. It's easy to become overly enamoured with complex trades and you seem to be falling into that trap. Been there. We all have. And we have learned the lesson of conserving trades. I know it makes SC seem a little boring if your not doing something every week. But resist! You will be better in the long run.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 19:22

The problem with not trading out crouch and hewett is that i could get an injury this week then have too many donuts to trade out and be screwed.

Moz · 15/04/2016 at 19:02

Need some advice on my trades for this week:

MID: Fyfe, Danger, Gray, Parker, Rockliff, Libba, Kerridge, Oliver (Keays, Menadue, Davis)
FWD: Hall, Barlow, Greene, Wells, Adams, Kennedy (Papely, Wyatt)
$83,700 in the bank

I'm keen to go Rocky –> Ward. That would leave me with around $30k in the bank, however I feel that building a war chest is ideal at this time too, is there a possible downgrade that I can make as a second trade. Maybe Greene down to a rookie or something?

Thanks!

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 19:59

Honestly, wouldnt trade Rocky now. If you were going to, last week was the time to do it. Hold Rocky as he should be back next week…….hopefully. You have backup. Put the E on Menadue. If he spuds up, use Davis.

Tulendeena · 15/04/2016 at 19:04

With Priddis out looks like I'm trading Rocky…..

CapTnKaOs · 15/04/2016 at 19:11

Looking similar here. At this time of year I really try to hold trades. But seeing Priddis, Rocky and Crouch all on my mid bench is not a good look.

Paul · 15/04/2016 at 19:05

Out Kreuzer and B Crouch for Hartley and Goldstein. Team looks worse, but I feel like it just had to be done.

Iamme · 15/04/2016 at 19:10

Sounds like a good move to me.

you · 15/04/2016 at 19:12

is ruggles a better pick over hartley?

Moz · 15/04/2016 at 19:14

Tulendeena · 15/04/2016 at 19:45

Wait a week on ruggles

Second game blues could be strong

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 19:18

Anyone bringing in Lyons this week? Decided I'm bringing him in rather than a rookie. Dicey call, hoping it pays off.

ST74 · 15/04/2016 at 19:21

Need to make a very quick decision.
Yeo or Barlow to Zorko or should I hold fire this week.
Also Dea or Lonergan on field in last def spot. Cheers

Moz · 15/04/2016 at 19:22

Hold fire mate. That's not worth the trade right now. Barlow should get a tonne this week

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 19:28

Or he duds up with no Sandi and Goldy running riot aha

Moz · 15/04/2016 at 19:30

I'm gonna give him 1 more week. Sandi wasn't there for most of last week and he got 99. Think he could do it

Billy · 15/04/2016 at 19:21

Sheridan to Hartley and Greene to Zorko or hold?

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 19:28

Personally I'd hold

Billy · 15/04/2016 at 19:29

Thanks

Moz · 15/04/2016 at 19:29

hold
    don't 'chase the bar' by going to Zorko. He's burnt us all before

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 19:37

HOLD don't panic…. #panicroom

liu · 15/04/2016 at 19:22

who has better js ruggles or hartley? Yes essendon has grima waiting but can ruggles hold a spot in the Geelong outfit.

Moz · 15/04/2016 at 19:28

ruggles 🙂

Harry · 15/04/2016 at 20:01

I'm nervous about both of them. Having said that if I was a betting man I'd say Hartley is more secure. Geelong are famous on rotation and I remember Thurlow a year ago looked a lock also and Scott decided to drop him. Reckon Brown might get dropped before Hartley

SC Shelia · 15/04/2016 at 19:23

Why Is Priddis out?

SCaddict · 15/04/2016 at 19:35

Hip soreness.

Nuggety · 15/04/2016 at 19:52

Thigh strain?

FavalinkoUBeauty · 15/04/2016 at 19:57

Noooo Priddis tell me its not true, ooowwww the pain.

Holty · 15/04/2016 at 20:01

getting that mop of a haircut shaved off. will probably all weekend for the barber to get through it

Davonaise · 15/04/2016 at 19:24

Rosa at 418k is quietly averaging 89.5 after 2 games could be a good pod over b.smith this year

Just wanted to say that thank you 🙂

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 19:32

is nic nat vc still valid?

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 19:34

I'm sticking with it. Him or Jack for me tonight

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 19:39

Do you think i should do the trades I listed before or hold?

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 19:42

What were the trades mate?

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 19:44

yeah I'm taking a punt on NIC NAT tonight…. chucking the VC on him!

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 19:46

hewett to dunkley via a lot of dpp swaps and crouch up to kk, b smith, doch, simpson or hold

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 19:57

You want to trade Hewett to a rookie who was dropped after 2 poor games from a doggie's side that is absolutely killing it atm? Nah mate wouldn't be an "avocado" of that one. I'm moving crouch on this week personally but that doesn't mean it suits everyone's team balance. I'd go KK of that lot if it helps, but really you just have to decide whether you absolutely need to trade crouch out due to balance.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 19:59

lol mb i meant ruggles not dunkley and if i keep hewett i cant upgrade crouch to any of the defenders i listed

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 20:02

Right, I'm waiting a week on juggles. What does your defence look like this week if you hold?

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 20:04

Hewett and Crouch out. Smith and Hartley/Bryne-Jones

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 20:16

howcome hartley and jones over ruggles?

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 21:25

I try and avoid Geelong rookies. They are managed a lot. McCarthy this week

Byrne looked good last week

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 21:46

Looks like ill be taking papleys score instead of menadues and ill go with hartley then i guess

Tophawk · 15/04/2016 at 19:47

I am nervously prowling around the lounge. V on Nic Nat or No V on Nic Nat. Damn! its gonna go to the wire. Probably make up my mind 5 minutes before bounce down. With Priddis out he may not get as many hit outs to advantage as usual. But then again, WCE beat Hawthorn in one of the qualifying finals last year without the Prid. Nic Nat did alright that night.

Iamme · 15/04/2016 at 20:34

Also going Dog Dog

Hawks · 15/04/2016 at 19:36

I hear you on keeping Matt Priddis, but his be is 162, carrying hip soreness (enough to miss tonight). I have Robbie Gray on my hit list, his started well, and although I want Priddis and Gray in my final (full premo) team, Priddis's price will drop.

Tough decision.

Marco_Polo94 · 15/04/2016 at 19:43

Hold priddis

Luke · 15/04/2016 at 19:56

I have Priddis also and definitely going to hold. I am seriously contemplating going Barlow/Greene to Fyfe or Gray though.

Tommo09 · 15/04/2016 at 19:46

Will Gresham or Dunkley play soon???
Hartley or Ruggles, who to trade in???

JOCHEM · 15/04/2016 at 19:52

Possibly want to trade Simpkin. What is best ?
1) AaronYoung
2) Daniel Menzel
3) Keep

SC Shelia · 15/04/2016 at 19:54

Lady in distress Papley or Menadue on the field? Please help!

Cheers

Sheila

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 21:44

Menadue 22 SC @ halftime….

Davo · 15/04/2016 at 20:01

Quick one guys: Menadue or Pappley on field? Cheers.

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 20:05

I'm going NicNat VC

Average Joe · 15/04/2016 at 23:51

Shame

Pman35 · 15/04/2016 at 21:25

Panic Room is where my team will be lodging for the entire weekend with Gibson & Priddis sitting on the pine! This has thrown out my initial trade plans and would like some feedback on the following;

C Sinclair for Blicavs (Gawn is my R1) & S Gray for Zorko with $20k left.

See Blicavs as a genuine upgrade and keeper but fear Gray to Zorko may be a bit too sideways? With two Premo's on the bench injured this week I need both POD's & points for league wins. Thought's please..

Hawks · 15/04/2016 at 21:30

Like the Blicavs trade, and I don't mind Zorko either. I think it's worth pulling the trigger on.

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 22:03

Without Priddis playing, Yeo, Gaff & Shuey having a field day.

The Ranger · 15/04/2016 at 22:20

Pretty pleased I started the season with Yeo so far, be nice if he turns into a keeper.
    Anyone know how NicNat is scoring? Got the VC on him.

FootyFanatic · 15/04/2016 at 22:22

Currentally on 80 SC

The Ranger · 15/04/2016 at 22:24

Oh. Not so good then.
        Thanks FF.

Tophawk · 15/04/2016 at 22:58

Dont listen to him. Nic Nat will crash through the tonne.

Average Joe · 15/04/2016 at 23:52

Just

HOLLA · 15/04/2016 at 22:36

Ditched yeo after rd 2 myself. Too j7ot and cold

The Ranger · 15/04/2016 at 22:48

Lots of potential and even if he doesn't go up in price he won't drop in price much if at all.
        Perfect stepping stone hopefully.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 22:26

you gonna chuck the c on danger derek?

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 22:48

Yes, I think Fyfe will get some close attention

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 22:56

Hey I am going Brodie and Hartley I have decided. So for my midfield should I put B kennedy, kerridge or mills onfield. I am leaning towards kennedy or kerridge but not sure.
        Thoughts?

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 22:55

very one sided game, imagine how many point Priddis would have scored tonight

The Ranger · 15/04/2016 at 22:27

So for those that did put the VC on the Dog, who are we putting the C on now?

Iamme · 15/04/2016 at 22:44

The Dangerman

Derek · 15/04/2016 at 22:51

Dog dog was a bit disappointing. Only 76 stoppages and Lycatt was at about 40% of them.

HOLLA · 15/04/2016 at 22:36

Need lecras to kick another for 135buk

HOLLA · 15/04/2016 at 22:38

Nope darling has just skrewed me

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 22:43

Thanks Houli…. absolute stank it up!

sean · 15/04/2016 at 22:44

does anyone have the formula to work out break evens?
houli also going well but what should I expect after his 140 last week. Rance looks the goods hopefully he doesn't go up too much so I can go crouch and Menadue to rance and ruggles

Jack · 15/04/2016 at 22:52

Rance gets 30 points just from running through the banner

Alex · 15/04/2016 at 23:18

Take Mennadues 58 or roll the dice on R Davis

Dean · 15/04/2016 at 23:38

Id roll the dice with Davis, if Menadue scored 75 i would have said jump on it but 58 is worth rolling coz you will either be at worst case scenario around 20 points worst of if Davis has a stinker and scores around 38
    However more then likely Davis will score very much the same as menadue's 58 that way u wont win or lose, however if he has a blinder you could gain 50 more points.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 23:29

Take menadues score or punt it on papley. Also B Ken, Mills or Kerridge on field

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 23:47

I'm tossing up on the same thing…. I got Menadue EMG, the question is for me will Papley or Milers score more than 58.

Average Joe · 15/04/2016 at 23:54

I'm sticking with menapoo, just trust your gut I reckon

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/04/2016 at 23:41

Not sure about giveth patch but they sure are taking away.

Wingard last week
Priddus this week

Its rd 4! Thought i may have got a change of luck this year. Not bloody likely.

Dean · 15/04/2016 at 23:42

Scored 246 with my 2 players, not a bad start. Had Rance & NicNat

I have Dea, AMT, Brown all in defence, I was going to trade out Brown and bring in Hartley however Brown is still on -19 so not really comfortable wasting a trade, I just think Hartley will have much better JS then Brown.

Thoughts?

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 23:47

I have all 4 of the essendon rookies haha however amt is in the forward line from a trade i just did

Dee · 15/04/2016 at 23:44

Milera or Papley on the field for M6? Hmm…….

Pom · 16/04/2016 at 00:21

Flip a coin brother. Though papley has shown he can go big

Monkey_Magic · 16/04/2016 at 09:06

Same deal, I'm going Papley, Mileras big 80 came in the thrashing Adelaide gave Port, will be a tighter game tonight.

Nicholas · 15/04/2016 at 23:53

How bad is it that I have used 5 trades?

Dean · 16/04/2016 at 00:29

Quite bad mate, i hope your in top 100 to be using all those trades.

Nicholas · 16/04/2016 at 01:03