Jock Reynolds Coach KingsBEHOLD – a new addition to our robust stable of weekly Jock Reynolds CoachKings Community gold..

Since LekDog emerged a few years ago as a key member of our inner sanctum he’s impressed us all. He’s one of the finest in the fantasy footy business. No doubts there.

And this season, every Wednesday, he steps it up another gear. He will provide us all with one of the most significant midweek Supercoach, CoachKings and AFL Fantasy selection resources you will ever consume.

I present to you LekDog’s weekly trade decision cheat sheet:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE ROUND 2 CHEAT SHEET

BREAKING NEWS:

Play our very own CoachKings Game-By-Game Fantasy Footy in venues THIS WEEKEND!

HAVE A BEER AND PLAY WITH ME AND HIGGO AT DOYLES BRIDGE HOTEL IN MORDIALLOC FRIDAY NIGHT

register and lock your teams in now at coachkings.com.au

Remember – you can select your teams now.. but you can only ENTER a contest from inside a participating venue! See below for list of Round 2 venues. For a list of venues that will be up and running by Round 5 click here

SOUTH AUSTRALIAN RESIDENTS: Will have the Adelaide v Port Adelaide contest on Saturday in place of the Brisbane v Kangaroos game

Coach Kings Victorian Round 2 Fixture

The Morphett Arms Hotel – Glengowrie
Arkaba Hotel – Fullarton
Warradale Hotel – Warradale
Renmark Club – Up on the Murray in Renmark

He Man · 30/03/2016 at 12:01

discojim · 30/03/2016 at 12:04

Doyles in Mordy – I'll see you there Jocky boy! Cant wait.
Anyone else thinking of going down?
Any idea of what prizes the pub will be offering on the Friday night?

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 15:10

I'm going to try and get there mate, not sure on prizes but it might be a beer or two or maybe a meal

slats7 · 30/03/2016 at 12:04

Great work Jock.

Scotty · 30/03/2016 at 12:08

Hold or trade Mitch Robinson? Out for two weeks with a calf injury

@emhoy · 30/03/2016 at 12:41

I have him and are holding, he tweeted last night he hopes to be back for the geelong game so round 3. We have good bench rookies to cover.

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 13:52

Rocky reckons Beamer could actually be back in about a month now so Robbo could lose some of those midfield minutes he had on the weekend.

I still think he will be a good scorer despite that but those old man calves are a worry. Might be worth holding a week and see if there is a prognosis update next week.

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 15:16

It's a calf bloke – TRADE!

BigHaydos · 30/03/2016 at 16:37

Interesting comment regarding Robbos scoring output with beams in the team. When beams was playing last year Robbo still scored very well mate. I have Robbo because he said in a podcast at the lions den that he hoped to play the same position he did for the back half of last year(where he averaged 114sc) and he looked to be playing that position against west coast. I watched him closely and he was very timid after a while and you could see he had hurt himself.

Im holding him for another week. Although if brad crouch has another bad week, and a rookie shows his worth, i may trade crouch down to a rookie and robbo up to a ward/dangerfield/etcetc

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 14:04

Calf injuries are nasty. Had a few. I can't see him being a top 10 Fwd. Personally I'd get rid of him

sharmanism · 30/03/2016 at 23:51

I'm holding him. Menadue comes off the pine.

derek · 30/03/2016 at 12:42

and so the hate for Lobbe continues……..

derek · 30/03/2016 at 12:48

…and still no love for Zac (scored same as Fyfe) Dawson.

CrackersFC · 30/03/2016 at 13:39

That won't happen every week.

derek · 30/03/2016 at 13:45

did you see Zac Dawson scored 146 points in coachKings.

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 15:11

Zac Dawson is a Coach Kings gun!

derek · 30/03/2016 at 16:38

28th June 2009. was the day (and still only day) zac reached the magical 3 figures in Supercoach….. 105!

an incredible 9 kicks that day! the second most in his career

CrackersFC · 30/03/2016 at 17:00

derek, are you Zac Dawson?

The Ranger · 30/03/2016 at 17:06

I'm Zac Dawson!

Steve1 · 30/03/2016 at 19:19

No, I'm Zac Dawson!

Iamme · 30/03/2016 at 19:25

I'm Zack Dawson and so is my wife

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 18:23

Lobbe is crap I couldn't believe all the hype about him early and his NAB form confirmed this then everyone started jumping shit.
    IMO ya had balls of titanium starting with Lobe when their are HUGE points to be made in the ruck with the guns, granted you're paying for them but you get what you pay for. Once you start and if you end up missing these points your just playing catch up and virtually no hope of making it.

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 21:51

You still have Lobbe Derek?

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 23:08

Yeah he does, I was shocked Derek would start Lobbe to be honest, especially after his NAB games.

Pinidu · 30/03/2016 at 13:02

Jock, what are your thoughts on Greene? He's awkwardly priced at 440K…if we had to get rid of him…what would we need to do?

JamiesNinjas13 · 30/03/2016 at 13:08

I have him too. the sensible thing to do is to see how he performs round 2. But my ruthlessness might have already made my decision of trading him out unless he gets 100 with lots of possessions in the midfield. Sideways trading a potential fwd premium is dangerous. He stained my team in round 1 and I am fuming!

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 15:20

CULL HIM, Potato head, SPUD, mash potato, my missus is more consistent in the head. CRUSH, KILL, DESTROY.

Sana · 31/03/2016 at 09:32

Lotta RAGE!

Scouser · 30/03/2016 at 23:02

Same here guys, have to hold him this week though.

Stringer a potential option if he holds form and Toby jugs it up this weekend, assuming he's fwd line. I'm hoping he gets a different role this week given they lost from a winning position but even that might not matter against Danger the form he's in, imagine if he'd have converted those chances also, stunning simply stunning.

Kev · 30/03/2016 at 14:03

You must have picked him as a potential keeper, Pinidu. Absolutely ruthless to cut him after one week. Give him another week, no shame in making a corrective trade after round two.

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 14:23

Agree with Kev. Hold off for a week

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 15:12

Watch him for another week

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 22:05

Agreed Hold him mate!

Shake n bake · 30/03/2016 at 18:45

If you don't think he's a keeper cut him now. I did got Hickey as my fwd ruck swing sold Grimley for Kennedy. Grimley not goin to be there this week Kennedy will be a cash cow so will have to get him next week anyway & im thinkin Hickey can av over 90.

Gord29 · 30/03/2016 at 18:52

keep trading mate they sound like terrific trades. keep chasing those points and you will be out of trades come byes

Phil · 30/03/2016 at 21:23

Only way Hickey averages 90+ is if Longer doesn't play all year….Can't see it happening

Gee · 01/04/2016 at 00:49

I heard an interview with one of the GWS asst coaches and Toby Greene will always be the defensive/ tagging midfielder……… Trade now

Gibbs · 30/03/2016 at 13:59

Thoughts on hurn? He is my main worry at d3 is he worth trading for a smith or johanison? Also thoughts on papley? Thinking of trading McCarthy to him (next week)

bAps · 30/03/2016 at 14:04

I've got him at my D3 too. I started with him expecting him to be a reliable D6 come season's end, and so he'll stay in my team. He should be good for at least an 80 average over the year.

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 14:32

I'd give Hurn another week. When he goes big he goes real big. You'd be in the foetal position if it happened this weekend. If he looks like leaking cash round 3 then consider it. I wouldn't think about bringing paps in till named round 3. Don't forget his ton is only in one price calculation

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 14:01

Been a while since we've knocked a pint or 2 over at Doyles Jock. You know it's my favourite Pub. I have the kids & can't make it mate. Otherwise I would have been there no doubt. Hope it goes off.

jockreynolds · 30/03/2016 at 14:19

Bugger! No doubt we'll knock a few other together throughout the season mate

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 14:26

Certainly mate. Can't wait to catch up with the lads.

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 15:26

Jocksta, as a suggestion I reckon you should be broadcasting when your getting out to the CK establishments as I would love to shake your hand – then again I would hate to be your liver bloke.

@gkastner87 · 30/03/2016 at 14:11

I'm Ttrading Fyfe. Just for now at least. Have GAJ, Danger, Parker, Goldy all proven scorers and can slap the C on at least 3 of them.

Nat will be wearing that 60 for a few rounds and at 670k should see a substantial price drop. See it as a short term loss for long term gain. Hoping my crystal ball isn't too near sighted.

Not a risk everyone will agree with.

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 14:21

Sounds like you need a brutal lesson from the SC gods. Go on then

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 14:32

Actually that 60 will only affect his price once although if he backs it up with another lame performance this weekend the depreciation will indeed be substantial once those price changes come into effect.

If he is fit and healthy you will likely pay a hefty price as Pieman asserts so you better hope that his body is compromised to some degree.

Who are you thinking of trading him to? You already have two virtual must haves in Gaz and Danger.

JamiesNinjas13 · 30/03/2016 at 15:11

You do realise that he will only lose 50k after 7 rounds if he avgs 120 from here on? What calcs are you doing mate?

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 15:13

Hold.

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 15:29

Probability says that you will regret that, then again I don't have him in my team – follow your gut, that be a good reason why I weigh 130 kg.

BigHaydos · 30/03/2016 at 16:40

So last year Nate Fyfe was the number one gun in supercoach and he has one bad week in a team that got railed and your slamming the trade buzzer already? crazy talk brother absolute crazy talk

Walker · 30/03/2016 at 20:17

you have to remember sandilands is back this week, so should boost fyfes score with him feeding it down his throat

Ruffles · 31/03/2016 at 09:39

You no doubt started Fyfe as a keeper and It would still be expected that Fyfe will be one of the top 8 scoring mids by the end of the season.

With this being the case, why trade him? His price drops/rises are of no consequence if he's a keeper..

Kang Van Der Bang · 30/03/2016 at 14:18

Hey community.

Michael Barlow – Does anyone know what kinda scores is pulled out in the NAB cup? I know the general consensus is hold on him but he looked slow and out of the contest on the weekend. Then again, so did most of the Dockers.

MaccasMarvels · 30/03/2016 at 15:06

I think, in part, you may have provided the answer to your own question Kang. Most of the dockers were woeful, including the reigning brownlow medalist. Barlow is a bit like Sawn from last year, a proven midfielder we can pick in the forwards. Let's see how the dockers look after they've played at home and hopefully get humming as a team. A score of 100ish would be serviceable from Barlow and if the dockers get their sh*t together, that's more than a possibility.

MaccasMarvels · 30/03/2016 at 15:06

** Swan

And someone pointed out that the dockers will likely be a different unit with big Sandy back.

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 15:45

A tad, but that was a pure lack of effort!

JamiesNinjas13 · 30/03/2016 at 15:14

He avg 113 over the 3 games he played. The whole freo team were on holiday mode and got caught off guard, they will awaken this week. Don't trade him.

Phil · 30/03/2016 at 21:30

He averaged well in the NAB but there was always a midfielder missing…I can't see him averaging 100+ if Mundy, Fyfe and Neale do. Bennell will come into the team and average 95+. There's only so many points to go around 1 midfield. Having said that, If I had him I wouldn't trade him out, I just don't think he's the must have everyone was saying he is.

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 22:04

Wouldn't be using Barlows nab scores to determine to hold or sell.

Kang Van Der Bang · 31/03/2016 at 10:08

I'm reaching from everywhere to try and determine what to do with him. Sensible thing is to hold but from watching him on the weekend and seeing the structure Fremantle are using – I'm just not getting a good gut feeling about him.

Leaning on holding for now as most people have advised but just not comfortable with it.

SC16 · 30/03/2016 at 14:32

Stringer, Buddy, Higgins, Sgray, Wingard?
Personally im leaning towards Stringer and Buddy,
Thought? please tell me which of these guys you would pick and why!

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 16:00

My pick would be Sam Gray who is a ball magnet and will get plenty of it with Port's softcock draw.

The other guys could be a little up and down week to week although I still see them as decent picks.

derek · 30/03/2016 at 16:31

i would put Wingard ahead of SGray. Chad was all over the field and i really liked the look of him. SGray is a good runner but has a weak kick and has to work very hard for his SC points. can't see alot of upside. I'd pay the extra and get Chad.

BigHaydos · 30/03/2016 at 16:44

Yeah Wingard for me as well fellas

Addict and Derek, Im tempted to trade robinson and crouch this week or next for a dangerfield(ward, parker) and a rookie. But only if a rookie looks to be a cash generator that i dont already have on my roster. Thoughts? Brad Crouch just stretching the legs in round 1? Im asking because i didnt get the chance to see Adelaide as I was at my brothers wedding

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/03/2016 at 22:07

Yeah crouch started slow but found more of the ball as the game went on. Just blowing out some cobwebs. Will be better for the run and should improve this week. Had it 22 times , just warming up.

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 17:40

Yeah sorry guys for some reason I did't see Wingard on the list up there. I must be trying to block The Chad out and pretend he doesn't exist as I don't have him ha ha. But yes he will be fantastic selection too obviously.

But I still think S.Gray is a super buy for the money although I hope I'm wrong because i couldn't squeeze him into the Addicts starting forward line either.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/03/2016 at 22:03

Love the chad

Average Joe · 30/03/2016 at 16:26

Wingard is the safest pick but buddy should be a better pick

Phil · 30/03/2016 at 21:35

Wingard, S.Gray, Buddy, Stringer, Higgins in that order
    Wingard had very high tog% I think he will go really well this year. S.Gray had only 72% tog so think he might struggle to score well against better teams. Buddy is a risk you just don't need to take as I reckon at best he will struggle to average 100. Stringer will be up and down, Higgins is too expensive for his injury risk.

gibb99 · 30/03/2016 at 14:39

Is it too early too trade Menadue, Mccarthy for Kennedy and Papley? Its my 1st year playing supercoach and I'm not sure how many trades ill need for the end of the year!

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 14:46

Don't trade Menadue. He's good. He can also be used in both the Fwd line & Mids. I think if you can find a way to get Kennedy in it will be a good trade. His job security is way better than Papley & McCart. Hold trades anyway you can. They are precious.

Boltons Blues · 30/03/2016 at 14:51

Papley and McCarthy, i wouldnt trade in, JS is low due to players on the injury/ list for both Sydney and Geelong (menzel the most obvious for Geelong not injured but also not selected)

Menadue, with Richmonds list worries at the moment, he has a higher JS then the 2 mentioned above
    Kennedy is in the best 22 for melbourne but would wait another week (depending on your team) to get him in

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 15:38

Take it easy gibb99, your first year – study what the leaders do and more importantly understand why, in part it's luck, in part it's skill, in part it's nerve and most of all – try not to follow the hype and the crowd until the data says so!

derek · 30/03/2016 at 16:29

i like Menadue and McCarthy alot. Hold them. Kennedy is good but is a bit more of a price jump.

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 19:44

@gibb99 What you need to do is firstly keep Menadue mate. Secondly having Kennedy is a MUST don't listen to those who are advising otherwise as Kennedy has a break even of -126 in other words he will make you the most money.

However all players prices wont change until after Round 3 is completed. So DO NOT bring in Kennedy in this week for a few reasons.
    Firstly because you get to have a free look at him in round 2, secondly if he happens to get injured in round 2 this means you just wasted a trade for no reason at all.
    What I am going to try and explain gets confusing even though we get 30 trades and no money from our $10 Million is deducted when we use a trade, however its important to remember each trade is worth approximately $150,000 so you don't want to burn trades this early unless you MUST for example if your player gets injured.
    I guess the best way to put it is like this, many people believe Todd Goldstein's price will drop $100k to $150k which is highly likely to happen so they opted not to start with him for this reason, however by wasting a trade to bring him in later in the season at maybe $100k cheaper they are most likely going to be losing anywhere from 20 to 40+ points per week depending who they chose as their ruck to replace him which is POINTLESS because the whole object of Supercoach is to score as many points as possible every week. That's just a example but its very hard to put it into words exactly what I mean as you need to have played SC for years to learn all this and this is why the new players like yourself have it allot easier because of this community and other sites/forums which try to explain it all to you guys.
    Basically what I am trying to say regarding trades is that 30 trades seems like a ton, however that is NOT the case at all and it is very important to conserve these trades unless you MUST use them, that being said practically everyone will use two trades in round 3 to bring in those rookies they missed out on. I know I will be strongly considering to trade out Gresham for Papley or Hewett my only concern with them is there job security, however regarding Kennedy his job security is solid so you don't need to consider this but you MUST bring him into your side in round 3 – also just make sure he is named to play in round 3 before making the trade, even though im quite positive he will be.

Lastly you do realise you can make your trades now just to play around and REVERSE it and you can do this as often as you like as long as its prior to the first game of the round starting.

Hope this helps and GOOD luck mate.

gibb99 · 30/03/2016 at 23:27

You're a legend mate

Kang Van Der Bang · 31/03/2016 at 10:12

Good advice. However, I think it's worth mentioning that while it's true by not spending premium on Goldstein you may be losing 30-40 points a week until you get him in but most people would spend that on bringing in an extra lower priced premium to make up for the loss of those points. Thus playing the long game.

CoachDamo · 31/03/2016 at 09:30

Yes, too early! You definitely need to get Kennedy but I wouldn't be trading out Menadue. Wait and see what unfolds before the start of Round 3 – you might have an injury, someone dropped or suspended so that will help make the decision for you.

Daniel · 30/03/2016 at 14:45

What are thoughts on Eric Mackenzie? 85SC first game back and only at $230 odd. Averaged 85-90 in previous years.

Tret · 30/03/2016 at 15:12

Depends who you are trading him in for. He wont score 85 every week, so keep that in mind. I would wait another week.

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 15:15

I like him but not sure I'd be looking to bring him in, awkward price

MY TWO CENTS · 30/03/2016 at 15:55

Maybe? Will see how he goes this week but if punches out a decent score and dea scores a 50ish might spend $60k and upgrade?

Kev · 30/03/2016 at 16:00

85-90??? He wishes. His highest average for a year is 75 in 2014. Before that was 6 seasons between 55-68. Avoid

derek · 30/03/2016 at 16:27

from now on, its either guns or rookies. no mid-price trading.

paint the fence!

Keenbutclueless · 30/03/2016 at 20:39

I actually picked him instead of Weitering. An extra 23k for a Club B&F, All Australian, proven defender playing in a top 4 teamversus a first year rookie playing in a bad team. After week 1, I can see why people like Weitering so much, but I am still comfortable with that call!

Beastiano · 30/03/2016 at 14:54

@Daniel, Also averaged a knee here or there, tread cautiously my friend

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 15:39

Injury prone!

DIFFERENT THINKING · 30/03/2016 at 15:43

How about this?
Jacobs – Smith
Gawn – Hickey
Rd 3 if abs goes well upgrade greene to abs
Rd 4 when fyfe drops in price degoey – fyfe?

Steeeve · 30/03/2016 at 15:49

That thinking is different alright. A better descriptor might be nuts.
    Hold your premo rucks. Avoid Hickey. Let your rookies appreciate in value and then snatch the guns. Conserve trades.

derek · 30/03/2016 at 16:26

what have you been smoking?

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 16:44

Agree with Derek. Great way to waste trades

Pinidu · 30/03/2016 at 18:22

Who's abs?

Luke · 30/03/2016 at 19:28

Come on. Really?

Pinidu · 30/03/2016 at 19:43

Would u be able to fill me in? I wasn't made aware of this new nickname

hedski · 30/03/2016 at 21:54

Ha ha

Pinidu · 30/03/2016 at 22:19

Would it be Angus Brayshaw?

hedski · 30/03/2016 at 22:24

Allan Border

Pinidu · 30/03/2016 at 22:40

hilarious mate

zak g · 31/03/2016 at 12:57

pinidu you are a star

Bobby Singh · 31/03/2016 at 13:13

Who's ABS? Stop being smartasses.

DIFFERENT THINKING · 31/03/2016 at 13:24

OK seems like most r not a fan of my trades. So will keep gawn. How about this one?

Jacobs – Smith
    Dureya- weitering.

Rd 3 – greene to abs/god (Ablett pinidu) if abs smashes it again

Rd 4 Degoey – fyfe once price drops?

Pinidu · 31/03/2016 at 15:26

Abs is Ablett? Hahaha. I've head God, Son of God, Gazza, Garry and GAZ but not that one. Interesting.

Bobby Singh · 31/03/2016 at 15:29

Ablett? 😀

Pinidu · 31/03/2016 at 15:32

Who's Gary Ablett? Never heard of him. 🙂

Bobby Singh · 31/03/2016 at 15:36

Yeah, I heard he was drafted by North Ballarat this year. I've got a feeling that he'll become a star.

Browny · 30/03/2016 at 15:46

didn't realise KK was a late out last week, wondering if I should trade him to JJ or still hold him?

Kev · 30/03/2016 at 15:53

He'll be back this week. No need to trade

derek · 30/03/2016 at 16:25

keep him. he will be a massive POD now.

Stirlsy · 30/03/2016 at 16:43

Illness should be in this week. Hold

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 22:02

Hold

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/03/2016 at 16:06

LEK! U r so da man. Love ya work. Never ceases to amaze me how much this site helps each other out with advice, cheat sheets, pod casts etc hopefully one of us salutes when the final siren is blown. Be a fitting reward to all who r part of the jock community!

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 16:17

Cheers Trigger, keep on commenting we love your input too!

BigHaydos · 30/03/2016 at 16:47

Hey Lek! you must have been absolutely aroused by the blues performance last thursday? what a game. Trigger said it perfectly but I just wanted to say thanks and was wondering if the LEKpodcasts from last year are still going to happen? loved those 5-10 minute videos of wisdom

Your mate,
      Haydos

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 21:45

Hey mate I am very aroused.
        At this stage I don't have time for full videos (plus I think Jock and Higgo might be doing some later in the year shhh) but if you want to hear more from me I'm trialing a new audio PODcast here: https://soundcloud.com/alexie-lekdog-beovich/the-

Chill · 31/03/2016 at 09:38

Loving the podcasts Lek. Finding them very helpful so keep it up! I have heard not one mention of Schache before now and I'm assuming it's because of his price?

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 10:18

Cheers mate, look he's not Supercoach relevant but Coach Kings, hell yeah!
            90% game time, will play a role this year.

Paulie Walnuts · 30/03/2016 at 16:10

Loophole looks tough this week with the Pies,Dees and Bombers playing early games this week,

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 16:18

I'm going to have to VC someone like Laird to get the loophole to work

derek · 30/03/2016 at 16:25

Pendlbury is my only choice for VC, maybe Dusty for some fun.

Average Joe · 30/03/2016 at 16:34

I'd back Dusty to go big this week

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 16:45

Has to be Pendles for me

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/03/2016 at 16:24

I've got Ruggles so thinking of putting the VC on gawn against the bombers with the C on danger as a back up.

Phil · 30/03/2016 at 21:42

I should be right Ubergang (my loophole) plays late this round, so Goldy into Danger

hedski · 30/03/2016 at 21:57

Abs vc danger cap ruggles looophole.
    Menadue looped with petracca, davis or gresham if he spuds

sharmanism · 31/03/2016 at 00:03

Gawn vs Essendon is my VC. Robinson's injury is useful for loopholing Danger.

Ben · 30/03/2016 at 16:25

Getting in Papley this week
If Fyfe and/or greene have another stinker i wil have a serious look at getting in s gray and gaz.
Fyfe looked like he was carrying an injury and greene was lucky to get 50 thanks to a late goal.

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 21:10

Ben thats a very silly move mate, you get a free look at him this week in round 2.
    Hypothetically speaking what happens if he gets badly injured in round 2, you totally stuffed up not 1 but 2 trades because you will have to get rid of him next week in Round 3 to bring in another rookie thats going to increase substantially in value.
    Also what happens if he plays poorly and throws in a stinker he may get dropped in round 3 as the swans have quite a few seasoned players ready to come back so it wont take much in order for him to get dropped.

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 16:25

Only blemish this me was my POD pick in the forward line with Robinson.
I'm going to trade him out, I wasn't 100% sold with Hall and wanted to see how he looked with Gaz and he ticked all the boxes.
I won't be doing any corrective trades next week so this will be my only trade before prices change (barring injury).
Just getting some thoughts, is Aaron Hall the number one trade in or should I be looking at Sam Gray? Or anyone else?

Chill · 30/03/2016 at 16:26

why don't you wait one more week to see? Like Jock said in the podcast you are working with a sample size on one. that's not a lot to go on. If you wait you will have a better idea on which fwd to go with.

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 16:37

I've loaded all my other lines, I'd essentially be running with one premium (Barlow) in the forward line with Kerridge, Menadue, Wells, Kennedy and it would then be McCarthy/Brown on field?

Don't want to bleed points early, reckon I might even go Sam Gray. Looked over his statistics last year and he's been killing it, aiming for top 500 after next week so don't want to bleed these points early.

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 21:41

Bloody hell I don't understand why so many people keep asking the same questions, everything is in your favour by waiting another week PERIOD.

Ok lets say you trade out Robinson for Hall or whoever, then Robinson scores 100 and Hall scores a 60 – Or worst still what happens if Hall gets injured in Round 2. Also remember GCS played Essendon lets see how good he plays against Fremantle who looked ordinary against the dogs.

You originally chose Robinson for a reason stick with him because chances are who ever you chose to replace him will score $hit and Robinson will score huge, its happened to me countless times.
    The last thing you want to do is chase points based on one round.
    If Robinson's average was 62 after 6 to 8 rounds and Hall had a average of 100 after 6 to 8 rounds then granted I can understand wanting to make a corrective trade but after round 1 is simply absurd.

hedski · 30/03/2016 at 22:00

Pretty sure robbo has a calf injury Deano

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 23:29

Tiges my apologies mate I jumped the gun after reading the same thing over and over.
        I didn't realise Robbo had a calf injury. He is hoping to be back for the Geelong game (Round 3) – Calf injuries tend to take a while depending how serious.

Tiges · 31/03/2016 at 11:02

Hahah, no worries man. 100% understand your point, my structure this year is different as I'm only going two premiums in the forward line to start. Only one premium in the forward line next few weeks is a bit too risky for me, and calf injury's can take longer than expected!

Thanks for your advice though mate, all the best with the season!

Jonathan Camac · 31/03/2016 at 11:21

Aaron Hall is a must. He is on fire at the moment. Similarly, you have to find a way to get S.Gray in. Has proven he can score in a successful Port side – last six games of last year and first game this year. He had 37 disposals on the weekend! If his efficiency improves even a little bit, his score will go well beyond the 99 he was given this week! DPP too…S.Gray has been a lock in my team since the start. Get them both in if you can.

The mongrel punt · 30/03/2016 at 16:27

Community I need some advice.
Started with Shaw Laird Rich Waitering,Dea and Brown. (Adams, Hartley)
I now think that going Dea at D5 and Brown at D6 is unsustainable.
So I made a double trade today.
Shaw to Johanison
Hartley into Sheridan.
This gives me Dea or Adams as a D6
My belief is I can always get Shaw back later ,most likely for 50k cheaper and that the JJ/Sheridan combo will outscore a Shaw/Brown ciombo.
Any comments are most welcome

The mongrel punt · 30/03/2016 at 16:29

P.S. pretty happy overall with my team having scored 2328 .however defense needs repair

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 16:39

I'm sorry mongrel, but this is just a shocking idea.
      You're chasing scores with JJ. Shaw would have scored his 130 but he had an off-day having a few direct turnovers.
      Shaw will be the highest scoring defender come at the end of the year, why trade him out? Put Adams on field, he scored 83 last week. Looked sensational, wouldn't be the end of the world running with him at D6.

The mongrel punt · 30/03/2016 at 17:06

Thanks for your honesty tiges.I hear you.However JJ and TS have both been ultra consistent in NAB and R1.
        Looks like their coaches have given them new roles.
        JJ has next bunch of games at etihad. I think he might be the ONE this year.
        I love Shawry. But his price just weakens my defense. Adams score of 83 was great. But how sustainable?
        My set up gives me high scores and money generation…… I hope. Lol.
        Anyway bold moves will either make me or break me I guess

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 17:19

Yeah understand the line of path you're going down, have to risk it for the chocolate biscuit! Just giving away too much (two trades) for not enough reward for mine.
          The only reason I see this as being a good trade is if you see both Sheridan and JJ being in the top 8-10 scoring defenders come end of the season?

I did foresee too many teams going in with Brown/Adams/Tippa going in at D6 and made me feel sick to my stomach as their scoring potential isn't that great IMO. I've locked and loaded my defence with Laird, Simpson, Gibbo and Murphy at D1-4 so only have Weitering/Dea at D5/6.. reckon a lot of teams will be thinking the same as you now! I'm looking at a quick upgrade from Dea to H.Shaw early rounds and then I'll just have Weitering at D6 til byes,.. gl for the rest of the season. Hope your trades pay dividends.

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 17:24

Your right Tiges. Unless they are certain top 8-10 Def it's a waste. And they have no exposed history of being so. It will end up being 4 trades or stuck with blokes you don't want. Having said that if you want to split from the pack you need to get your aggots out at some point.

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 17:54

There's a time and a place to split from the pack, However, I don't think it goes in the same sentence as "Trading out Heath Shaw for ,.."

Mr. Booby-buyer · 30/03/2016 at 19:45

Your backline is excellent as is mongrel, Adams is a mature bodied gun.
    play him on field or if dogs play before bombers, loophole him with Hartley…
    C

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 22:10

@Mongrel I have read some pretty silly trade ideas over the last few days but this is the craziest trade I have read so far.
    You put the best defender in your side and after one game you want to pi$$ him off, mind you he didn't score to badly with 87 points. Personally even if he scored 40 points after one game I wouldn't even contemplate what your thinking.
    I don't mean to sound harsh mate but what you're suggesting is PURE stupidity.

I cannot believe why so many people keep asking these same questions just regarding different players, you would think after reading a few posts on here it would answer their own thoughts/questions.

You said and I QUOTE: My belief is I can always get Shaw back later ,most likely for 50k cheaper and that the JJ/Sheridan combo will outscore a Shaw/Brown combo." END QUOTE

Firstly after round 1 you started with Brown, fair enough now you know to have Dea as your D5 and Adams as your D6 with Brown & Hartley on your bench.
    You obviously don't understand how vitally important it is to conserve trades do you, each trade is effectively valued at around $150,000 so to trade out Shaw for whoever and bring Shaw back in because he may drop $50,000 makes no sense what so ever, because you are burning 2 trades or $300,000 to end up exactly where you are now.

No matter how you ALL want to put it, ALL you are doing is chasing scores based on one game. END OF STORY.

The answer is just HOLD on to your players unless they are injured PERIOD.

Average Joe · 30/03/2016 at 16:33

Who to trade out for kennedy? I can direct trade Dea to him, or I can use two trades and swap McCarthy and Gresham to Papley and Kennedy.

The mongrel punt · 30/03/2016 at 16:43

Dea will get regular games and his price will definitely improve. Probably gonna average around 70. You need to consider the job security of McCarthy, Gresham and Papley. Ben Kennedy will not score 115 every week, so don't ruin all your structures just to get him in. Also consider holding off on Papley. I reckon even I would've scored big against the hapless Pies on Saturday

Fox · 30/03/2016 at 17:09

I have j McGovern ….. Seriously considering going straight too JJ ! That way I can use 1 or 2 next week for rooks before price rises … Just need hewett or Papley from swans , thoughts ?

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 17:28

I never believed the Governator was a good pick from the start and urged coaches to look elsewhere in the preseason.

But even I couldn't recommend you jump ship on him after just one round or quiet game. Besides he got a little banged up on the day but should be right to go for Rd2.

So you may better served fixing up a rookie this week and then make a premo or midprice correction next week if you feel you truly have to. I'm thinking about getting The Smear in this week myself to cover a bench donut.

Holty · 30/03/2016 at 17:36

Hewett as Papley is still on rookie list. Rohan is to return in 5 weeks which means Papley must return to the NEAFL.

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 17:57

Papley can't be on the Rookie list otherwise he would be eligible to play!

I N Pieman · 30/03/2016 at 18:11

Until Longmire puts a crow bar across Rohan's knee & finishes him for the season. So paps can stay

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 17:38

Done my 2 trades for the week and I will be probably doing another two this week – last year I was passive and copped it (partly due to the amount of injuries), this year I'm following my 2014 style, but a tad smarter!

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 17:54

Hopefully smarter!

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 17:57

You'll find the top teams in Supercoach will do one trade max in the first few weeks, it's all about being patient to start off with and backing in your selections. Highly recommend not using 4 trades in the first two weeks unless you have injury's or have missed out on the top tier of rookies (Kennedy, Kerridge, Menadue)

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 18:00

Hopefully a shark move in the strategy stakes Tiges – if we both use 8 trades before the byes – what's the difference beside price?

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 18:08

Well, the trades I would use are very likely to look along these lines: 1 trade for injury, 4 downgrade trades from "cash cows" and 3 trades to fallen premiums.
        My team, in my opinion, currently has 14 "keepers" which would then eventuate to me having 17 keepers before the byes.

Whereas, if you do 4 sideways trades (trading out premium for premium) and then you do 1 trade for injury, 2 downgrades and 1 upgrade trade to a fallen premium. On the assumption you have 14 keepers at the moment, you would have one extra premium by the byes.

Therefore, the difference would result in both of us having 22 trades left. However, I would have 17 premiums and you would have 15?

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 19:01

With a tad of luck I reckon I've got 15 keepers already – 7 upgrades and lets allow for 7 injuries that must be traded. I'll ride lady luck. Still keeps a heap of trade's in reserve (for the unintended) – there's a good reason why the 'Bold & the Beautiful' ran for so many years – and I don't want to be one pondering on 'The days of our lives'' !!!! Back myself I will and may the SC Gods allow me to become the Pinnacle amongst all SC's, other than that – if I screw up, I still would of had have fun and love the community. Life short – smell the roses and grab it by the horns.

Paulie Walnuts · 30/03/2016 at 19:29

What was your score last week Gold Rush ? and what are your trades this week please ?

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 19:33

2221, Houli (overpriced down to JJ (could still become Smith), Greshan up to LIbba – left over 200 K in the bank to see how Libba v Crouch v Rookies went in R1.

Paulie Walnuts · 30/03/2016 at 19:46

I have Houli and won't be trading and you picked him so why trade out so early ? Not sure on your reasoning about the rest ,anyway good luck mate

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 20:01

Thanks bloke, was in two minds about Houli from the start – was consistent last year but has very little upside, Lekdog talked me out of Dochety. Backline premiums I do not consider in the same league as midfield premiums (Shaw being the exception last year and there is no way known that he can repeat that), Upgrade targets re defence are DPP (mid) as they emerge. Defence is going to be a pain in the backside this year so I went strong to start with.

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 22:51

Good luck Gold Rush, I'm predicting you're gonna need a ton of it based on your logic of trading out Houli after one poor game and because JJ had a great game.

Like 90% of people posting on here, All you guys are doing is chasing last weeks score.
                    I guarantee you by the end of round 2 many people out there will wish they didn't make these silly side ways trades.
                    It wouldn't surprise me at all if Houli ends up scoring 100+ and JJ scores 50 odd.
                    It's happened to me almost every time I made these early side ways trade while I was still a rookie at it. However you learn from your mistakes.

By the way defence is a pain in the backside every year, it is the hardest position to find consistent players year in, year out – even elite premo's in defence often don't do what you expect from them.
                    Your in the top 9% now however your move of trading Houli after 1 round and using 4 trades in 4 weeks almost certainly tells me you wont make the top 10% by season end.

I had a good little chuckle regarding your quotes on "Bold and the Beautifl & Day's of our lives"
                    That being said your are thinking more like a Todd Hoffman than a Parker Schnabel mate. lol

GoldRush · 31/03/2016 at 07:11

Have a look at JJ's second half of the eeason last year. Next week I'll be adding Hall and depending on how Papley goes this week, he may come into the side.

Ben · 30/03/2016 at 17:57

Jack Steele –> Ben Kennedy
Seedsman –> JJohanneson

Solid??

I Dont have Libba (yet) but dont really see a droppable option for him…… thoughts???

Laird, SEEDSMAN, Lonergan, Dea, Adams, Tippa (Brown, Ruggles)
Danger, Gaz, Fyfe, Rocky, Shiel, Cripps, BCrouch, Mills (Gresham, Hewett, Davis)
NicNat, Goldy (Wyatt)
Wingards, Buddy, Hall, STEELE, Wells, Kerridge (McGovern, Papley)

Tiges · 30/03/2016 at 18:10

I'm not normally a fan of R1 trades but if you don't have Kennedy, think Jack Steele to Kennedy is a shoe in. You have to trade out Seedsman, not sure if JJ is the best pick but he does look like an exciting prospect. Wouldn't be the worse trades I'd see this week.

Wattsieesq · 30/03/2016 at 19:47

Round 1 trades should be to sort out rookies. I agree with the steele trade, not sure about the Seedsman trade.

hedski · 30/03/2016 at 22:10

Disagree wattsie. Round 2 for rooks you can assess they're job security better and see who's named for the all important 3rd round.

Dean · 30/03/2016 at 23:03

Exactly right hedski hit the nail right on the head. Your logic to trade out Steele for Kennedy is a must, however wait until round 3 to do this, you won't have to worry about Kennedy's job security unlike someone such as Papley.
        However you are literally getting a free week to look at Kennedy in round 2 – Imagine you trade Steele to Kennedy and Kennedy gets injured in Round 2, trust me this has happened many times before.

Wattsieesq · 31/03/2016 at 13:26

For me, the opening two rounds are to get your team right before round 3 price changes. I'm happy with my team, so I'm not making trades this round, but if there is real problems with your team, I'd trade my ass off in round 1 and two and then hold trades from round 3 to 6. It's worked for me in the past. The job security of rookies is pretty well known and for Kennedy, it's not really an issue. If you are worried about injuries, then equally you should be worried about him pumping out a big score because both can happen in equal measure.

Russ · 30/03/2016 at 17:58

Who's likely to score more this year, Eric Mackenzie or Trent Mckenzie?

Tret · 30/03/2016 at 18:25

Trent McKenzie has higher potential and will be able to whip out some big scores where as Eric MacKenzie will probably give you a consistent 60-80 most weeks.

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 22:02

Trent

nipplepassers · 30/03/2016 at 18:07

Anyone know how to reverse trades on phone ??

Tret · 30/03/2016 at 18:24

Press that little icon thing next to the 'analyser' button at the bottom of the screen on the right

nipplepassers · 30/03/2016 at 19:41

Thanks mate

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 21:47

Good man Tret!

REN · 30/03/2016 at 18:23

just checking…

if we have Wyatt (collingwood player) as our loophole player we cant use him this week because he plays on friday night, right?

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 18:33

Affirmative! 🙁

REN · 30/03/2016 at 18:36

same position, Addict? Who you chucking the 'C' on?

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 18:44

I have Wyatt but I also have two other likely bench donuts unless Keays plays this weekend.

I'm planning on patching up one of those donuts this week with either Hewett or Paps but the upside is that I'll still be able to loophole Pendles as VC on Friday night.

Still deciding on the C although it will be either Gaz or Danger as I want to give Hanners a week off from potential captaincy duties to fully recuperate even though he plays the Blues. However hopefully Pendles busts out a whopper and I don't have to fret over that decision.

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 19:07

Thats why I took Loersch over wyatt he plays all late saturday and sunday games

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 22:01

Correct mate!

Brook · 30/03/2016 at 19:01

Jeez I would like to get Gary Ablett into my team. I've got the money … just need to use my first little trade to swap him with Pendlebury. But do you know what … it's also my last trade (if I don't use it now!). Trades are like gold ALL season … that's why I will be trying my hardest to resist … but jeez he would look good in my team!

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 19:05

Why would you trade Pendels…..thats just Crazy! Trade someone else for Gary don't be silly.

Brook · 30/03/2016 at 19:12

I won't be doing it, but he is really my only option $ wise. gotta save those trades

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 22:00

Never thought of it that way. Your first trade is your last trade….

I like it

Hold Mate, stick to your Premos!

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 19:03

Think of trading out Hurn think he was a bust pick? Anyone else have Hurn and thinking of trading?

Tret · 30/03/2016 at 19:27

I have Hurn and will be holding atleast for another week. When you look through his stats in 2014 (average of 86), when West Coast pumped sides, Hurn usually scored in the 50's to 60's.

Mitch Brown does come back in round 6-8 i think so that should free him up and get him back to his rebounding role but if he scores badly again this week and doesnt look like he has that role then I dont think hes worth it.

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 21:48

Hold, will average 80+ for the year

Russ · 01/04/2016 at 23:13

LOL go for it!

james · 30/03/2016 at 19:24

thoughts on my team, the trades i have planned for this week is to offload robbo to hall which leaves me with 150k to upgraded someone thinking that cutler will be the best to upgrade, so who do i upgraded him to only got 430k jj or lonegan

DEF: houli laird sheridan cutler weitering dea (adams tipungwuti)
MID: danger ablett priddis shiel t.adams viney b.crouch kennedy (gresham hewet davis)
RUCK: Nic nat gawn (102k rook)
FWD: barlow robinson steele wells menadue kerridge (mccarthy papley)

Mark · 30/03/2016 at 19:42

Lonergan or Biggs

tophawk · 30/03/2016 at 20:31

Have you considered a POD upgrade for Robbo in your forward line? I know you currently have approx 78K in your warchest. Most coaches do not have enough cash to upgrade him to ZORKO the magnificient. As he was suspended last week, virtually no coaches have him. (Including myself- dont have Robinson either mind you) You have an opportunity here to grab him with only one trade as you have the necessary 44K!! You IMO would then own the ultimate POD. And there is more upside James, the fact that Robinson plays in the same team as Zorko means less competition for SC points for him. His NAB cup form was excellent as well and he is rested after his 1 week holiday WITHOUT having to travel to Perth.

Food for thought.

Cheers

Mark · 30/03/2016 at 19:40

Is anyone thinking of going Biggs over Johansson?
Good scoring for the price and likely to be 3rd line after JJ and Murphy before drawing any attention down back.

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 19:44

What do people think about putting the C on Nic Nat this week? Hawthorne has no rucks that even compare to him.

tophawk · 30/03/2016 at 20:13

It could come off for you but it is very risky! Hawks on the rebound and it is an away game for West Coast. II have Nic Nat and I wont put the C on him this week. That said, if the Eagles had have played earlier in the round I might have had a loophole punt and whacked the VC on him. I am sticking with premo midfielders for Captain and VC loopholing this round.

Cheers

Russ · 01/04/2016 at 23:14

LOL, go for it!

Wattsieesq · 30/03/2016 at 19:45

To those worried about not having GAJ, I didn't have him last year and he pumped out 120 in round 1, 80 in round 2 and wasn't seen for another 10 or so weeks. I'd hold fire on doing anything rash. It's tough, I know, but don't rage trade.

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 20:05

But that's when he had a knackered shoulder Wattsie. He looks fit and healthy now. Those like Jock who are betting that he may again collapse in a miserable heap this season could be sorely mistaken.

That said I would still wait another week before getting him in but if he scores huge @ Freo this Saturday you could be paying a massive price in the first half of the season if you don't hitch a ride on the Gazza Express.

Wattsieesq · 30/03/2016 at 20:17

He did his knee last year and then ankle over preseason. I'm not sure if the two injuries are related but knee injuries can put your bio-mechanics out and lead to other injuries. You just don't know with 100% confidence.

I agree with you that it is different to last year, and that is why I have Gaz this year, but I'm still nervous about his durability.

James · 30/03/2016 at 19:47

Is it worth trading loersch in forward line to papley? I have loersch and wyatt for the two plays with ruc/fwd swing but starting to second guess that choice. If not, I could always swap loersch and wyatt and instead get papley for wyatt and keep loersch. Let me know your thoughts, as I do not want to have more than two players with 0's each week.

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 20:01

If you do that wait til the price increase not this week next week…..but I would keep Leorsch over wyatt……GC plays all sat and sun games late where wyatt doesnt….leorsch better loop hole

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 20:10

Wait until the price increases, if he scores like last week he will go up by 150K and will play the following also. No Brainer – keep cool and wait on that one.

tophawk · 30/03/2016 at 20:19

Good move. But do it next week. But only if Papley backs up this week. JS still in question at this point in time. Keep Loersch for loopholing. Plays far more late round matches than Wyatt. Cheers

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 21:40

Thanks for confirming what I said Tophawk

James · 30/03/2016 at 22:55

Thanks for your advice guys. Will wait till next week to trade wyatt to papley, but only if papley once again shows his ability to score and prove JS. Cheers

Danners · 30/03/2016 at 20:20

Majestic Lek! This week, I will probably have to trade M.Robinson. I feel I need to have playing players nearly everywhere so I can have good amount of points and cash generation. I'm not sure who to trade Robinson to.
1) Robinson-B.Kennedy
2) Robinson-S.Gray or someone around that range (can't afford anyone over $500k)
If I do the Kennedy trade, I can hold the cash for a couple of weeks and maybe steal Fyfe on the cheap by trading Mills, or have the option of getting a reliable midpricer next week
Thoughts?

tophawk · 30/03/2016 at 20:53

Option 1 for me by a mile. Kennedy is a must have and it will whack 312K in the bank for just one trade. Then next week, you can go shopping!! You will have cash in the bank to either snap up another 1-2 rookies on the bubble and/or at the same time trading 1-2 spudding premos before their price drops.

Cheers

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 21:51

Option 1 I think

Derek · 30/03/2016 at 22:50

What your whole team look like

Bobby Singh · 30/03/2016 at 20:32

Should I keep Gresham? Or should I trade him to either Parish, Oliver or Ben Kennedy?

Gold Rush · 30/03/2016 at 20:36

Give it another week, he will be a jet in about 2-3 years time.

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 20:37

no you keep him for another week

Bobby Singh · 30/03/2016 at 21:24

He may be a gun but can he score the points we need?

Holty · 30/03/2016 at 21:46

is he on field? if mot it doesnt matter

Bobby Singh · 30/03/2016 at 21:48

He is. Scored 44 last game.

Phil · 30/03/2016 at 21:59

As long as you've got Hewitt don't trade him (yet) just take him off the field for Hewitt. If he spuds it again trade him for Kennedy. You don't need Oliver or Parish

Bobby Singh · 30/03/2016 at 22:01

Thanks mate. I'll do that for now.

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 18:24

Agreed.

tom · 30/03/2016 at 21:06

david zaharakis is anyone considering him he will play mainly in the mid had a great nab dominated last week for 132 seems to get a lot of ball and could be a very nice pod thoughts community

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 21:22

Yeah go for it!

LEKD0G · 30/03/2016 at 21:56

I considered early, don't think he repeats the weekends effort every game…if he does it again this week I'll be interested

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 21:33

How many people have Greene I'm thinking od dumping him while I can he's obviously to inconsistent and can see him generating any money? Took a chance thinking really big mistake……kinda wanna just to go to Parker and lock it up as a dumb mistake.

Kev · 30/03/2016 at 22:16

Hold PS, for this week at least. I assume you picked Greene as a potential keeper so give him a shot.

hedski · 30/03/2016 at 22:18

Gone for mine (straight to libba no brainer)

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 21:34

*of and *cant…..typos

PETER · 30/03/2016 at 21:42

Fyfe will under perform for a few weeks, so much attention now!

Derek · 30/03/2016 at 22:45

Huh? Why?

BigHaydos · 30/03/2016 at 21:46

mitch robinson and brad crouch
traded for
patrick dangerfield and christian Petracca

Advantages, one more gun lock and a rookie who will play games this year and make cash and can use as loophole early on.

Downside, have to wait for petracca to play and im definitely picking 2 players that are owned by large amounts of people leaving my team with one less pod.

I think I need dangerfield as he will be the go to man all year at the cats and with such a large ownership, he could well be the must have of the year….. thoughts?

SCaddict · 30/03/2016 at 21:58

Well that didn't last long. Weren't you holding Robbo for a week? 🙂

Get rid of Robbo this week if you wish but no reason to ditch B Crouch. He wasn't that bad in his first game back and will only get better as the season unfolds. You will be seriously spewin' if he tons up in the Showdown. I have him too and have no inclination to trade him whatsoever.

Plenty of great replacements for Robbo I would've thought without unnecessarily restructuring your team and burning an additional trade. Also Petracca could turn out to be a better downgrade target instead, depending on when he plays senior football.

Just my 2c though and believe me I understand the temptation to get Danger in at all costs.

BigHaydos · 31/03/2016 at 07:00

That's a very good point. When trading out Robinson I have 506k to play with. Sam gray maybe?

SCaddict · 31/03/2016 at 12:03

Look he's the one I'd personally choose assuming you already have Hall of course which I'm sure you do.

You could also look at JJK who looks in ripping nick although it will be more of a roller coaster ride as a KPP. Zach Merrett could also be a good alternative who still scored well last week despite the Bombers getting thrashed on the weekend. There are also plenty of Stringer fans out there but me not so much fantasy wise even though I love him as a player.

But yes Sam Gray is a real stat accumulator and with Port's softcock draw it's hard to see how that selection could turn out to be a disappointment for you this season.

Noigerbour · 31/03/2016 at 17:51

Think about it

Phil · 30/03/2016 at 22:03

Honestly watching Danger the other day I reckon he is a must have ASAP…I reckon he'll win the next 2 Brownlows, sorry Barron!

MaccasMarvels · 31/03/2016 at 10:31

The way he played on Monday, well it was Ablettesque.

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 21:56

The cheat sheet states that you have to get rid of Sidebum to stay in the running for the big prize. Personally I feel keeping Sidebum would give you a greater chance of winning as he would be a MASSIVE pod and if he comes out swinging in 2 weeks and goes big, you would be at a great advantage as not many supercoachers would have sidebum. And if you trade him out straight away you are already at a loss to all the coaches that didn't start with him.

I would be holding Sidebum!

Anyone else in the community feel the same way?

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 22:04

I wouldn't trade Sidey I think you should keep him for 2 weeks save a trade and if he bottoms out (no pun intended) downgrade or up grade you not losing and money…..maybe sum SC points but I think he's a keeper because swan is out now…….but it up to you ? If you have a couple of rookies you can roll with then do that?

Derek · 30/03/2016 at 22:40

Look who he plays in the two games he come back! Hold him

marcus · 30/03/2016 at 22:09

yepppp just need to get heweet in so I have decent cover

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 09:59

I understand where you're coming from, my people from Collingwood are telling me he'll be on the ball a lot less this year, maybe that changes with Swan out? Ideally we shouldn't be doing any trades at all this week!

Youngy · 31/03/2016 at 19:55

Ye no trades this week hopefully.

Lekdog what are your thoughts on JPK this year? what do you think he will average this year?

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 21:07

Think his average drops slightly but still hovers over 100

Davo · 30/03/2016 at 22:20

What do people think of this double downgrade trade?????

Steele to Parish

Fyfe to Hewitt

$630k in the bank to buy whoever I want in round 3-5?

Got all the other important rookies…..Fyfe will lose money in the short term…..Hewitt will make money…..hopefully be able to upgrade my team quicker.

Phil · 30/03/2016 at 22:31

just do Steele to Hewitt (if u must trade) but wait a week if u can. Trading out Fyfe to get 630k in the bank is just madness, what are you going to do with the money in Round 3-5? Trade Fyfe back in?

Holty · 30/03/2016 at 23:26

Hold. in the end, if you make these trades, you will probably just trade Fyfe back in when he bangs out a 150 next week.

Kev · 31/03/2016 at 08:03

The idea is to gain premiums throughout the season, not trade them out

Marc · 31/03/2016 at 11:18

Im doing that too davo, good idea plus fyfe will drop in money so youll be able to pick him up cheaper

SC God · 31/03/2016 at 11:19

Not a bad option davo id go for it!

Noigerbour · 31/03/2016 at 17:53

Think about it

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 18:22

That's crap both steele and fyfe could increase their scoring dramatically.

Parish and Hewett could be dropped for games here and there all season.

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 22:25

Only reason Jock is going to Sidey to Parker is because he made poor choices again and now he's scrambling to correct…..like a lot of us do……………..No gazza and took Sidey ……Sidey….who copped a suspension and Jock ill advised the community about Gazza ……..last yr and again thisyear with Gazza……Jock demanded everyone we take gazza last year and this year he pretty much made his case as not to take him…….the ones who took him win and Jock….well wallows in his sorrows realizing his screwed up 2 years in a row….no one knows if one will cop a suspicion or get hurt …….not that there's anything wrong with that we all make stupid mistake and take chances…..if SC was so predictable we would all know the outcome we would win? Gotta take Chances! Jock took chances and lost…..no love lost…… He's still the King!

Russ · 01/04/2016 at 23:08

You're a disrespectful ass, do you really think Jock doesn't know he's had a bad start to the season?…does he need you to be typing your little rant, like some kind of know it all?
    You should have more respect for the creator of the Website you're on.
    I hope he kicks you off the site permanently, you'r comments are stupid, inane, illiterate and boring, just hoping for some cheap pathetic controversy.
    Your passive/aggressive backflip, all in one paragraph is ridiculous, you bag the crap out of Jock and then say, "He's still the King", you're an idiot,and you can't spell or punctuate for shit, which also makes you a moron.
    Have a nice day 🙂

James · 30/03/2016 at 22:57

VC loophole on pendles or gablett? Will put C on dangerfield if none score big.

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 18:21

GAJ

Youngy · 30/03/2016 at 22:58

Can we really tell that Gazza is back and is a lock from one game against the fill ins?

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 23:18

Should have just taken him from the star!

Grahame Lebroy · 30/03/2016 at 23:32

If Ablett misses 3 or more weeks of footy this year then those who don't have him may come out in front

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 20:41

Players like Fyfe also miss 3 weeks or more a year.

BigHaydos · 01/04/2016 at 18:57

that makes no sense at all…..

CoachDamo · 31/03/2016 at 09:29

I have him but I wouldn't say he is a lock. He was playing Essendon and got no defensive attention all day.

I'm just hoping his body holds up for the year!

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 10:01

No we can't, always was happy to corrective trade him after two or three weeks, will see if they play Viney as a tagger this week and that impacts Gaz

Rooster · 31/03/2016 at 11:20

Viney playing as a tagger? How will that impact Gaz given GC are playing Fre and the Dees are playing Essendon?

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 11:39

Ah crap I got my Zahrakis and Gaz stuff mixed up, I'm tired haha

Still want to see Gaz against a football side

Youngy · 31/03/2016 at 19:57

Ye he need to play against against a full side, I have him in my team but I think people are hyping him up more than he should be.

Pap Smear · 30/03/2016 at 23:17

Should have just taken him from the start!

SC16 · 30/03/2016 at 23:42

I dont know if i should hold or sell robinson, could he come good?
also if i trade him out, should i go
robinson-kennedy
or
robinson-wingard, gray, buddy or any other foward
ALREADY HAVE BARLOW, HALL, WELLS, MENA

Russ · 31/03/2016 at 00:12

Hold if you have decent coverage, maybe out only a week, or go to Gray, he's great value and will end up a premo I reckon, unlike Robinson.

Russ · 31/03/2016 at 00:18

Or Stringer, I want to find a way to fit him into my team.

Sarah · 31/03/2016 at 09:08

I'd hold SC16, or do you plan on using a trade for every 1-2 week injury you get? Round 1 it's easy to cover an injury for a week. I suggest that's what you do.

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 10:01

Hold for a week

SC16 · 31/03/2016 at 10:49

cheers everyone, i just dont know if robinson will end up being a top foward now

Northerner · 31/03/2016 at 14:01

He did not play after 3/4 time and his score to that point was OK given they were smashed – Priddis sensational.

His coach has acknowledged the importance of his "mongrel" in their midfield and has asked others to step up this week to cover it. He has excellent midfield time JS IMO and is out for potentially only 1 week. Also, it was not a normal calf strain from weak soft tissue. He got tunnelled in a contest – deserved a free kick – and he landed awkwardly. Up to that point was arguably their best player. Played on till 3/4 time on 1 leg.

hold him

Johny · 31/03/2016 at 01:18

Ok boys I am thinking of getting rid of greene. He looked completely out of it and wondering any good options? I could use dpp to bring an essendon rookie from the backline forward to replace greene then fit the missing slot in the defence with jj as he was meant to be in my team but the trade didnt save ( didnt see the save button on ipad pre round 1 🙁

Russ · 31/03/2016 at 01:30

Stringer for mine, but I'd wait another week to see what Greene does, he would've copped a lot of flak during the week for his performance, you'd spew if Greene gets 120 this week.

CoachDamo · 31/03/2016 at 09:28

Russ is right – definitely wait another week. I've got Greene too but he gets another chance. If he's terrible I'm going to trade him out for a defender (using Adams as DPP swing).

Joel · 31/03/2016 at 12:22

Hold if you think you don't have to make 2 rookie trades next week. However I have Greene, I really doubt he will go large against Geelong this week. I am one of the 48% of dickheads that didn't pick libba. Will be looking at the teams Thursday night if it looks like I have to make 2 rookie trades next week, I will pull the trigger.

Blueth · 31/03/2016 at 15:06

Stringstring dominated on sunday but only got 104 and he's bound to have modest games. Sam gray is a better option i reckon

Rick Grimes · 31/03/2016 at 09:06

I have two minor headaches – Steele and Luke McDonald. I was hoping for an 80+ average from both but they only pulled 50s round 1. I'm going to hold on both for another look see, but if they pull similar figures this week, thinking:

Steele to Papley (I have all the other rookies)
McDonald to JJ or similar

That would leave me with a stronger defence, but a very thin forward line – Barlow, Hall, Wells, Kennedy, Kerridge, Menadue/Papley.

Too weak?

CoachDamo · 31/03/2016 at 09:26

Not necessarily – you're always going to have some rookies on the field. It just so happens that this year you might have a few more in the forward line and one or 2 less in midfield or defence.

I'd definitely wait on Papley. As a small forward, I don't expect he'll be scoring 100 every week.

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 10:02

Papley's score was heavily inflated by when he scored his goals, wait and see I say

Average Joe · 31/03/2016 at 11:11

A lot of those fwd rookies are reliable, I wouldn't mind playing Kennedy, Kerridge and Menadue on field as they should be able to get safe scores each week

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 18:19

Papley too risky.

I suppose you could do it on the announcement of round 3 teams next thursday, as Luke Mcdonald won't be averaging big scores and JJ should be.

Dice · 31/03/2016 at 09:27

Which 2 NOT to start on field this week out of Mills, Oliver, Kerridge, Hewett, Menadue, Papley.
I'm thinking Hewett and Papley, surely they cant produce these scores again. Thoughts?

CoachDamo · 31/03/2016 at 09:40

You're probably right but it's a bit of a raffle with the rookies sometimes. Any of those guys could score 100, but then again any of them could score 50 as well. I'd be leaving Papley and Hewett on the bench.

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 10:02

Agree, Hewett and Pap least likely to produce

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 18:17

Mills and Papley least likely.

CoachDamo · 31/03/2016 at 09:38

I'm not sure why people are jumping on Papley this week. He could be a good pick up but you must wait until next week.

Dare I drop some names…Josh Glenn, Sam Lloyd, Nathan Van Berlo.

CapTkaOs · 31/03/2016 at 09:46

Also, swans have some players to come back in soon. Mills, Hewett and Papley are all good rookies. But I can't see all of them playing every week.

LEKD0G · 31/03/2016 at 10:03

Wait til next week, had an inflated score against Collingwood. Stats suggest he won't back up that kind of scoring.

I N Pieman · 31/03/2016 at 13:00

Agree. He doesn't have rock solid JS with McGlynn lurking. You have to wait till he's name round 3. If he gets dropped next week you've wasted a trade

SlimerTime · 31/03/2016 at 10:12

Hi Jock…
Love your work, but one of things I look forward to all Summer long is Crouching One's Team reveal… What happened this year??

SCaddict · 31/03/2016 at 11:47

Not going to happen now obviously. From memory it was Higgo who declined a team reveal last season. People are busy with real life sometimes.

Anyway you can just check out CrouchingTigerFC's line-up in Supercoach now. No major PODs other than perhaps T.McDonald-son and Simpson-son in defence. 🙂

Got off to an ok start with 2167.

JamiesNinjas13 · 31/03/2016 at 11:48

For those who are considering trading out Fyfe/Barlow or any other underperfoming premium after R1 (I'm assuming you are fairly new to this game), let me tell you some mistakes I have made in the past and a De Ja Vu situation that occurred in 2014.
In R1 2014 GWS completely killed Sydney (just like Dogs beat Freo last week). Buddy and Hannebery scored 50 odd and everyone was panicking "OMG they are finished, they look cooked, they are injured, Buddy cannot gel with Sydney, no chemistry, their prices will drop and I will save some cash, courtney johns will win the brownlow yeah yeah yeah……".
Buddy and Hannerbery went on to avg 100 for the rest of the season. I had Buddy and traded him out R1 from panic and had no trades left in the second week of finals and lost.
What you should get out of this is that don't bloody panic and ditch your premiums and you have a plethora of advice on this website from seasoned pro's (in 2014 I didn't follow this website). If they still avg 70-80 at mid way then fair enough trade them.

Marco_Polo94 · 31/03/2016 at 12:14

Solid advice, at the very least give blokes another round to prove themselves. We all selected our players for a reason with tons of research (one hopes).

The Mountain · 31/03/2016 at 12:02

G'Day community

Looing at bringing in georgey hewett for gresham, but I think that gresham might have better long term job security with a few swans to come back such as McVeigh.

Thoughts. Cheers guys

Marco_Polo94 · 31/03/2016 at 12:12

Agreed, also good to note swans' SC scores were blown out of proportion after their demolition of the pies. Parker won't bang out another 150+, and hewett, paps etc are just as likely to score 50 than 90+. I'm waiting another week, if those rookies tear the roof off once again I'd be more inclined to select them.

Swansong · 31/03/2016 at 12:04

I am thinking of trading gawn to get nic nat but need to make an extra trade to get the extra money so was thinking the below options
1. Gawn to nic nat and rocky to parker
2. Gawn to nic nat and Barlow to hall
3.gawn to nic nat and McCarthy to papley

bazzaboy · 31/03/2016 at 12:10

Makes no sence to me

Swansong · 31/03/2016 at 12:13

What makes no sense

Tret · 31/03/2016 at 12:15

Nic Nat wont pump out 150 every week mate. Hold Gawn. Nothing wrong with him and could end up socring more than Nic Nat come season end.

Grahame Lebroy · 31/03/2016 at 12:51

Gawn is playing bombers this week , he should go big probably best to hold onto him

I N Pieman · 31/03/2016 at 13:13

You'll be out of trades by round 15 with that approach

Derek · 31/03/2016 at 14:20

Who is your other ruck? Goldy?

Swansong · 31/03/2016 at 16:55

Yeah goody is other ruck.

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 18:15

Goldy and Gawn is a good combo hold.

Rocky will get big scores eventually, and you already missed parker's big one. Could be his biggest score of the year last week.

Marco_Polo94 · 31/03/2016 at 12:10

While I understand panic trading and sideways trading is bad, especially so in round 1, seeing Danger against the hawks has made me believe he is a must have. I knew it was a big risk not starting him, he wasn't selected purely from a structural standpoint. With sidey sidelined though, i want to upgrade him to danger. Is it a bad move to downgrade a suckling to a weitering, or bartel to someone to get the money for the upgrade? Or should i clench the butt cheeks and pray Danger doesn't punish me too badly before I can trade him more efficiently later in the season?

Cameron · 31/03/2016 at 12:50

As much as I really like the suckling trade to weitering and sidey to danger, I don't think it is in ur best interests. You choose suckling for a reason, there is no point in trading him out just to get danger on the back of 1 game

Marco_Polo94 · 31/03/2016 at 13:39

Only reason I'm open to a suckling downgrade is he was a last minute switch from KK. Had a lot of under performing premiums and such across the board but I wouldn't consider trading blokes I researched and were happy with from the start. Still very unsure what the best move is long term.

Blakeyp · 31/03/2016 at 13:08

I believe these trades are good to go.
    Suckling to Weitering will make you money while giving you a cash cow and i think they will score around the same mark.
    Sidey to Danger will give you a must have premium.

Just my 2 cents

Southern S · 31/03/2016 at 18:14

Agreed

battlewolf87 · 31/03/2016 at 12:23

dont like the fact sidey played on the wing most of game 1 and only ran into the centre when given the chance. Didn't see him start…thinking of following options

Option 1
hold sidey this week and get him out next week fro parker. trade mummy (who plays smith/blicavs/stanley this week) for hickey (RISKY but he plays WB and Coll next two rounds one team with no real ruckman and another with grundy missing). He will massively go up in price and then get goldy in for him later on.

Option 2
go for massive score – sidey out zaharakis in, mummy out goldy in

Cameron · 31/03/2016 at 12:43

I like the zaharakis pick as I think the tag will go to Goddard leaving him as the only clear ball getter for Essendon. Why is mummy need to go though, is he injured or something?

battlewolf87 · 31/03/2016 at 13:00

he was just rubbish, too many FA, didn't get the disposals he normally would. Was not covering the ground as much and pretty much got completely beat by gawn who lets be honest is only a year 2 player

Kev · 31/03/2016 at 13:25

Hickey attended 113 stoppages against Port, look at him again this week before falling for that midprice trap

Cameron · 31/03/2016 at 12:40

My rookies are:
Def- wietering, Adams, dea, brown, hartley
Mid- Mills, menadue, Gresham, Davis, dunkley
Ruck- grimely
Fwrd- Kennedy, kerridge, tippa, mcCarthy

Do i need to make any changes, I probably should wait till next week but I'm just wondering if there is any rookies that I should have that I don't or if any of my rookies are not worth keeping.
Any advice is appreciated, thanks

I N Pieman · 31/03/2016 at 13:09

Good rook selections. If Hewett & Papley smash it up again this week then consider a corrective trade or 2. A suggestion if Hartley doesn't play this week. Trade Hartley sub Tipa into your backline & grab papley. Obviosuly dependant on selections

The Mountain · 31/03/2016 at 13:09

Mate your rookies are looking good, no point trading this week and if you believe you need to bring in "must have" rookies for next week for cash generation you can reassess, however hold off trading this week mate

Kev · 31/03/2016 at 13:20

You're fine

JurgonnaGetFlogged · 31/03/2016 at 12:53

I was not considering on making any trades however I heard the news that Toby Greene was training with the 2nds. Any updates on this? Would he be getting dropped?

I N Pieman · 31/03/2016 at 13:02

Let's be honest he was rubbish last week. If not for the goal at the end he would have scored 30. Didn't realise he was playing till he kicked that goal.

Kev · 31/03/2016 at 13:19

We'll all know when the teams are dropped tonight

Blueth · 31/03/2016 at 14:55

When you play like that and Coniglio and WHE are knocking on the door i don't like your chances of staying the team.
    i watched the game live and the difference bw him and Kennedy was significant.
    Greene to Kennedy and give yourself some money to trade up next week before the price rise.

Ben · 31/03/2016 at 12:54

SEEDSMAN and STEELE look dubious to me.

Too premature to add BenKen, Weitering, JJ, Libba?
Make a move this week or wait until next?

Any input would be appreciated thanks

Laird, Seedsman, Lonergan, Dea, Adams, Tippa (Brown, Ruggles)
NicNat, Goldy (Wyatt)
Wingard, Buddy, Hall, Steele, Wells, Kerridge (McGovern, Papley)

Cameron · 31/03/2016 at 12:56

Question, why did u start b crouch over libba

Ben · 31/03/2016 at 13:02

That is an awesome question that I cannot really answer…. I think I was 30k short on funds……

Kev · 31/03/2016 at 13:18

Seed should have never been your D2, see how he does this week and if JJ has another blinder I'd make the trade. Same with BK, rookie must have? Give him and Steele another look this week before trading. Steele had a great nab

Hold Crouch. Attended 20-odd centre bounces on the weekend.

james · 31/03/2016 at 12:56

reports going out that steele and greene were training with the NEAFL group should the alarm bells start ringing

JamiesNinjas13 · 31/03/2016 at 13:21

Where did you see this? link?

Holty · 31/03/2016 at 13:33

Ouch. I would say so. I have Steele but if either are dropped, I think a corrective trade will need to be made. I have no doubt Steele will prove himself to be in their best 22 by seasons end but cant hold on to him as he might be playing reserves for a few weeks.

Seeyagreene · 31/03/2016 at 13:05

If Greene gets dropped would bringing de goey in be a good move. An extra $120k in the warchest

Ben · 31/03/2016 at 13:22

Does DeGoeys usage and midfield time increase now with Swan and Steele out?

Seeyagreene · 31/03/2016 at 13:26

You would think so

Locked and Loaded · 31/03/2016 at 22:24

Thinking of going Ruggles to Hartley this week. And Jed to Oliver. Thoughts? Don't know when Ruggles will and if he gets named to play.

Michael · 31/03/2016 at 23:23

I stuffed up on Greene, so i'm trading in Gray (my initial plan was for gray but i needed cash – stupid). I'll need to go Dea => Hewitt to afford this. I always trade first two rounds and then hold off until close to the bye, so trading early doesnt concern me when you can make quality corrections