Supercoach 2016 midpriced defendersDaniel Wells sailed right into our Supercoach sides this evening, community.

With all the grace Smithers’ mind can muster, this majestic specimen of a footballer announced himself as someone we simply must have in our forward lines.

Smithers

In a somewhat deflating finale to today’s triple header, Hawthorn and North Melbourne came together to play a somewhat decent game of football, and one that did nothing to abate my fears of Hawthorn winning a fourth flag in a row.

The contest was fiery early, with North piling on the goals, but after halftime, the Hawks casually lifted another notch, and despite missing a few of their stars, they had no problems rolling over a near-full strength North Melbourne side.

Absent Best 22

Hawthorn: Jordan Lewis, Grant Birchall, Jarryd Roughead, Matt Spanger… Jack Fitzpatrick? Will Langford?

North Melbourne: Shaun Higgins, Robbie Tarrant… Trent Dumont?

No injuries to report aside from a knock to Liam Shiels’ wrist. Didn’t seem too serious.

Hawthorn

Sam Mitchell had one goal tonight, and it was a simple one.

second

And he did. With 10 minutes to go he had 41 touches to his name, and 45 by the end of the night. He wasn’t slowed down by a tag, although a smack to Ben Jacob’s face might cause problems. At 586k I can’t see many picking him, especially as at 33 he’ll be managed, but he’s still got it. Tasty Coachkings prospect.

Midfield mates Isaac Smith, Brad Hill and Liam Shiels were all were productive enough. None of them are likely Supercoach options, though.

Shaun Burgoyne got the ball and did good ball things. He wasn’t hugely influential and didn’t get above second gear. Pass.

One bloke from the Hawks who I’d have a harder job passing on is Josh Gibson. The former Roo had over 30 disposals against his old side, zoning off his man, floating in the hole and generally causing havoc. Will be an interesting point of difference for some.

Taylor Duryea started as the loose man back in the first half, and floated forward to kick a supergoal. Hard to read his game with Grant Birchall out tonight, but he had 12 kicks in his 14 touches and was effective with most of them. Daniel Howe had it 15 times but might be the one to go when Birch returns.

The evergreen Luke Hodge was on fire in the first half, collecting 17 touches, 2 goals and 6 marks before sitting out the second stanza of the game. Can see him winning people Coachkings matches but he’ll be managed through the long haul, plus the inevitable suspension. Bloody love watching him though.

NORTH MELBOURNE

North were good for a quarter, okay for another quarter and a bit crap for a half. However, there is relevance there.

At three quarter time, just about everyone had locked Daniel Wells somewhere between F3 and F5. He had 24 touches at 91%, 12 contested, 13 kicks, 5 tackles, 10 clearances and a goal in the final minutes to top it off. If that doesn’t get you excited at 240k in the forward line I don’t know what will. Played exclusively in the midfield and showed no pain or injury worry. Lock.

tweet1

Brent Harvey looks like he’ll be a decent footballer. Didn’t have huge numbers, but once he gets some more games under his belt, look out. This kid could be a superstar. I wouldn’t pick him this year, but in years to come he’ll be a must have.

Superstar ruckman Todd Goldstein is finally in my team. He is in Lekdog’s exclusive club of people who are Good At Football, and for good reason. 28 hitouts, 13 touches, 5 tackles, a goal, he’s just brilliant.

tweet2

Those of you hoping Jamie MacMillan would fly under the radar would have been annoyed at how well he played tonight. The injury prone runner looked very good when North were on top early, running the ball through the middle with long, precise kicks. He had 18 useful touches and was important to North’s attack. Tempting.

Also running off the half back line was youngster Luke McDonald. I’ve had my eye on him for a while, and liked what I saw – which was 10 kicks in 13 touches, 5 tackles and 4 marks. One to watch at 280k in the backline.

Jack Zeibell and Nick Dal Santo played exactly as you’d expect them to, with 18 and 21 disposals respectively. No to both in long form, but Zeibell spent time forward and in Coachkings he could do serious damage with a big haul of goals, which he has been known to do. Ben Cunnington also looked good in parts, but again won’t give you a season long performance.

Jed Anderson attacked it well in the second half, but it was too little, too late. Not enough midfield time to be relevant. Nope. Sorry mate. NAB cup specialist Shaun Atley also got a lot of the pill, but every year he promises and doesn’t deliver. I’d wager this year is the same.

Also, while he won’t be relevant to any but the bravest of Coachkings punters, Lindsey Thomas will cause huge problems at North Melbourne if he keeps playing burning his teammates to take stupid shots himself. Should cop an almighty spray for tonight’s performance.

Righteo community, what are we thinking after a long day of footy? What has my mind – fried from endless players and numbers – missed? What are the movements in and out of your team? Comment away!

jockreynolds · 12/03/2016 at 22:26

OUTSTANDING coverage Patch! You're an out and out community champion mate!

HAWTHORN:
Ben Jacobs 41
Sam Gibson 32
Scott D. Thompson 29
Joel Tippett 8
Aaron Black 3

Chill · 12/03/2016 at 22:29

Working hard today Patch. Much appreciated!

Mike · 12/03/2016 at 23:05

Mitch · 12/03/2016 at 22:30

Wells is in for sure…. What about n.graham instead of Libba as a big POD. Looks the goods this year, just worried about murphy coming in and reducing his time in the middle. Thoughts?

magpie4ver · 12/03/2016 at 22:35

Think you should stay with libba?

DadSmasher · 12/03/2016 at 22:59

I wouldn't go with Nick he still has a habit of putting the ball into very dangerous positions across half back and is a little bit slow. He's been around for a long time and single handedly lost a few games for Carlton when Malthouse was coach, his VFL form is great and some of his early coaches have said that he's going to be a star but I don't see it unless Carlton get some bigger bodies in the middle to give him a bit of room. I prefer him to Gibbs though atmo.

Dan · 12/03/2016 at 23:32

Libba is a proven premo so I'd go with him for this reason.

adam · 16/03/2016 at 12:43

Graham and Kerridge will rotate with each other on the ground between fwd/mid, would be a lock for me if he was in the 200k range

Andrew · 12/03/2016 at 22:30

B.Smith- Martin (ruck) combo or Laird/Shaw- Z.Smith combo.

Thanks in advance

Hawks · 12/03/2016 at 22:51

I'd go with Martin in the ruck, but think there are others at Smiths price that may be better.

DadSmasher · 12/03/2016 at 22:55

Epic question Andrew both options come with a degree of risk but I don't trust BSmith more than I don't trust ZSmith so I'd probably go Shaw-ZSmith.

Either option will require at least 1 upgrade and I think Z will increase more than B

Dan · 12/03/2016 at 23:34

Depends who your other ruckman is? If its a solid keeper like Goldy, then id go shaw/z.smith combo.

Maggi · 12/03/2016 at 22:30

Thanks for all the work you put in patch. Bloody legend!

magpie4ver · 12/03/2016 at 22:31

Tired need another Beer!

Nickv · 12/03/2016 at 22:35

You should join jock and the boys magpie!!

magpie4ver · 12/03/2016 at 22:38

I would if I could!

hedeski · 12/03/2016 at 23:01

On me tenth now mags. In reply to earlier McCarthy is one of the most highly rated youngsters internally at catland and could be anything when fit. In my team.

Gazza · 12/03/2016 at 22:32

When will the next cheat sheet be coming out?

Gibb99 · 14/03/2016 at 23:01

Think he said something about it in last weeks podcast mate

damo · 12/03/2016 at 22:33

Patch, put simply, you are DA MAN!! Thanks for all your insights and cause for sleepless nights ahead of Round 1. (I've have sent a frothy in the mail as thanks)

Patch · 13/03/2016 at 12:30

Glued to the letterbox, mate! Cheers!

Liam · 12/03/2016 at 22:34

Great stuff as always Patch.
Who did you drop to get the cash for Goldy ?

Patch · 13/03/2016 at 12:31

My team has changed a bit since reveal, but I'm only going two premos in defence at this stage; Weitering is currently at D3 and Wells at F4. That will change again before round 1, however.

Jackwatt$ · 12/03/2016 at 22:36

Hello Ladies & Gentlemen, just wondering if anyone would like to pick a team for me and then setup a competitive head to head league? If multiple people take this offer, preference will go to whoever has the higher SC 2015 ranking!

DadSmasher · 12/03/2016 at 22:51

Hi Jack Watts if I picked a team to suit you it would be the Opals.

Dan · 12/03/2016 at 23:42

I dunno… have you seen the Opals play? They go in pretty hard!

Hawks · 12/03/2016 at 22:54

Think you would enjoy any success more if you picked your own team.

Max · 12/03/2016 at 22:36

Sammy Mitch , what POD to have …lock

Patch · 13/03/2016 at 12:33

Significant point of difference.

old horse · 12/03/2016 at 22:40

A real head scratcher for me at the moment is to either choose between 3 rookies setup in backline or go with a premium midfielder in the middle? any thoughts or recommendation fella? cheers

Randomclcihe · 13/03/2016 at 13:38

Bit confused old horse. I hope you can afford both 3 premium def and 1 premo mid….

Jim · 12/03/2016 at 22:45

Cannot squeeze Mills into my midfield, what are the best mid options other than the two lions boys and Kerridge for less than 160k? Is menadue or gresham the answer or are there better options?

mick944 · 12/03/2016 at 22:49

i like Menadue

Bramigan · 12/03/2016 at 22:52

I like Menadue. Especially with the tigers injury list

Dan · 12/03/2016 at 23:40

Are the 2 lions boys going to get many games tho? Arent the Lions fairly deep in their mids.

Max · 12/03/2016 at 22:48

Patch you mentioned Mitchell is 33 , fine but look at Gazza . 32, wells 31 ( and injury prone ) shaw 30 Bartel 32 , all guns and had there injuries … But Mitchell going for a four peet looks prime as and new rules will help Hawks kicking eff…. So looks to good to pass up

Hawks · 12/03/2016 at 22:59

Difference is that the Hawks manage Mitchell and Hodge because they can. Bartel I think may also be managed, but Gaz and Shaw won't miss unless injured or suspended.

Wells may be managed, but at his price, it's worth the risk.

Randomclcihe · 13/03/2016 at 13:42

Generally not the hawks but the MRC who do the management of those boys. But yeah the hawks will step in and manage them if they don't get a MRC holiday…

Bro · 12/03/2016 at 22:48

Wells or deGoey?

Hawks · 12/03/2016 at 23:12

Wells, high injury risk, high points reward.

If picked go for Wells.

mick944 · 12/03/2016 at 22:49

Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Gaz….biggest dilemma on which to not start with

hedeski · 12/03/2016 at 22:57

Bang em all in micko

Randomclcihe · 13/03/2016 at 13:44

Injury risks on Gaz and Fyfe. That is the only thing I can think of to help, if they fit though you'll want em by rnd 12. I'm not running Danger though. Personal preference there rather than any logic….

DadSmasher · 12/03/2016 at 22:50

Mitchell looking nice for a POD starter averaging 148 across NAB

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 10:01

Just don't have the guts to start him, no doubt about his scoring capability, but teams may sit on him to curve his influence. He is probably the most influential player in the hawks team with his creativity.

DadSmasher · 13/03/2016 at 15:36

Not a lack of guts in not selecting him SC more likely subconscious act of wisdom.

This is his starting record (first 10 games) past 3 years. He seems to miss a few early on so I factor a 0 when I calculate the average.
      After researching this he looks to be a very risky starter He's only played all of the first 10 games twice since 2008. Consequently he has been erased from my watchlist

2015 ave 99 after Round 10 (didn't play round2) so, from 9 games 7 scores 100+ five of them were 115+ his lows 86,87 in rounds 1 and 4

2014 he missed round 2, played until round 7 when he was injured early and scored 9, wasn't seen again til round 16. Round 10 ave 53.6 (including 4 donuts and a 9) his actual ave for pricing purposes was 89.3 without the donuts.

2013 played all first 10 games with an ave of 108.3. Five tons four of them 120+

Mike · 12/03/2016 at 23:03

A bit off topic, but is there a bigger dickhead playing now than Sam Mitchell?

Hawks · 12/03/2016 at 23:10

Interesting question, answer is yes. Do you play….

Northernsoul74 · 12/03/2016 at 23:30

Dusty is a bigger cockhead. So much so that I've dumped him and my team looks sweeter for it.

Holty · 12/03/2016 at 23:35

lol. where did that come from?

Dan · 12/03/2016 at 23:37

I'd say it takes a dickhead to know that answer so ill leave you to figure it out.

Tinman · 13/03/2016 at 03:59

Brendan Goddard

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 10:00

Zac Dawson or Ballas give him a run for his money I reckon

Patch · 13/03/2016 at 12:33

Lindsey Thomas gave it a good shot tonight

@OldCampaignerSC · 12/03/2016 at 23:36

I think I'm Crouching…now which one?? think it's Matt by a whisker…thoughts??

abel · 13/03/2016 at 12:22

Brad had a nice run Sat in the 2s

Patch · 13/03/2016 at 12:34

At this stage if I was touching either of them it'd be Matt, but by gum it's an awkward choice and an awkward price.

DadSmasher · 13/03/2016 at 15:42

Wise choice Old fella.
    A bit of noise being made about Brads 40 possessions in the SANFL but sanfl is like the bottom half of VFL or top 3 from neafl so if he was ready to explode he should have had a TMitchellesque 60+ touches. That said it wll be hard for Crows to leave him out of round 1, I reckon the fact that they'll be playing on the concrete of Etihad might be a good enough reason to leave him out if his lack of respect for his teammates isn't.

The_Black_Mamba · 12/03/2016 at 23:50

Thoughts on my team community

DEF: Shaw, Houli, Simpson, Weitering, Brown Hartley/// Ruggles, Collins

Mid: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Rockliff, Cripps, Mills, Oliver, Parish/// Gore, Mattieson, Macpherson

Ruck: Gawn, Z.smith/// Wyatt

Forward: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Hall, Wells, Kerridge// Petracca, Grimley

I still have 63k left in the community and I cant really see a place where to use it from. Ive decided that 3 keepers and 3 rookies looks the way to go in 2016. Sure, you can pick a midpricer or 2 like johannison or sheridan. But if they start spudding it up then your stuffed. I know that all winners took risks but I truly believe that the risks taken were in trades, not in the starting lineups. In the midfield I have no ablett. Why? Because I feel that Cripps is the new Ablett/Fyfe. Cripps is an absolute beauty and he certainly wont do any worse this year. He will be a keeper wither way. Just hoping hell become a super premium. I then have the top 3 midfield rookies in parish mills and oliver who will all make enough money to go above 350k. Gawn locked himself away into many sides. I am hoping one of Greene and Z smith will be a keeper and the other one a stepping stone. Hall will be kept in my team until the rest of the brigade return from injuries. Wells seems like a good stepping stone.

Give me some thoughts community, would love to hear them. Maybe tell me where that extra 60k could go. Cheers!

mick · 13/03/2016 at 00:11

SHAW TO MUCH$$$ SIMPSON???Z SMITH???? and maybe 1 rooky downgrade might get u goldy instead of being lost in space with zac smith

The_Black_Mamba · 13/03/2016 at 00:25

Whats wrong with simpson? Has been consistent for many years and you know he will average 90+. Shaw will finish #1 and Z smith is indeed risky but alot of upside.

mick · 13/03/2016 at 00:59

shaw will be no1 but u will get him 4 around 530,000 simpson maybe but at his max price and a cheaper rookie downgrade maybe parish as not many wins 4 bombers 4
        greesham and uve got goldy

mick · 13/03/2016 at 01:01

and the 6 rookies that wont play r1

JAYZ · 13/03/2016 at 00:38

Don't mind the formation.. If your hoping on Zamora being a keeper guess your not getting Goldstein?

Bench looks fairly weak, probably use the 60k their

neil · 13/03/2016 at 08:31

yeah bench is main problem along with goldy martin a worry Iflicked him for gray a pod watts would be a good mp fwd if you could slot him in for wells

Hawks · 13/03/2016 at 08:40

Like the defence, solid.
    I'd upgrade either Gore or MacPherson to Menadue in the mids, but love the Cripps selection.
    R2 is a gamble, but could pay off.
    Forward like is as strong as I've seen anywhere.

Overall solid team, with a good balance between cash generation and scoring capabilities.

Keenbutclueless · 13/03/2016 at 11:52

No Libba? Personally would change Parish and Oliver into Libba plus rookie

DadSmasher · 13/03/2016 at 15:46

Looks good TBM but I'd be trying to put 1 or 2 of those midfield rookies on the bench and getting Libba.

Miguel_Sanchez · 14/03/2016 at 01:35

Looks pretty good. I like the Cripps call – he's currently in my team too – looks the best value around $520k and could become a top 10 mid this year. If you're fair dinkum, you need Ablett & Libba. I would do Pendles -> Ablett, then downgrade 1 of Mills/Oliver/Parish into a cheap rookie mid and upgrade 1 of them along with that $60k -> Libba

Heath · 12/03/2016 at 23:57

Patch, what can I say? My two favourite things together, SuperCoach and a cheeky Simpsons reference. Love you and Lekdog and the work you boys do. Cheers Mate!

Paul · 13/03/2016 at 00:05

B Crouch or De Goey?

Dylan · 13/03/2016 at 00:16

Thoughts on this team?

Laird, Simpson, K Kolo, Weitering, Brown, Hartley, Collins, McDonald Tipungwuti
Fyfe, Ablett, Priddis, Rockliff, Duncan, Libba, Mills, Parish, Gresham, Mathieson, Davis
Goldstein, Gawn, Cox
Martin, Barlow, Buddy, Wells, Menadue, Kerride, Petracca, Grimely

$59,700 in the bank

Keenbutclueless · 13/03/2016 at 00:56

Not much wrong with this team.

A few options with the 60k

Buddy down to Hall, Simpson up to Shaw

Or straight up Buddy to Wingard

If you take Cox down to Chol, then can take Weitering up to McDonald, or Duncan up to Sheil.

But just tinkering. Overall solid

@grayson_lowee · 13/03/2016 at 00:50

wait so Brent Harvey, aged 37, will be "good in the future", andd that "this kid will be a superstar", was that a typo or a joke that went over my head?

hedeski · 13/03/2016 at 01:02

Woosh

@grayson_lowee · 13/03/2016 at 13:49

sarcasm is hard to read on the internet ok 🙁

DadSmasher · 13/03/2016 at 15:47

Hang in there Sheldon you'll get it eventually

Max · 13/03/2016 at 02:37

Thoughts?! I'm too many cans down now to make sense!

Laird johannisen suckling lonergan weitering hartley (k collins adamson)

Danger Ablett ward Rockliff Parker Cripps libba mills (Gresham kerridge hibberd)

NicNat Gawn (cox)

Barlow Greene wells Sicily menadue McCarthy (Grimley brown)

Hawks · 13/03/2016 at 08:44

Great team, except Sicily, he won't get games.

Kev · 13/03/2016 at 08:44

Looked good till I read your fwd line, Max. Looks way too skinny. I'd drop one of jjoh, suckers, or lonergan and upgrade Sicily

Ur mum · 13/03/2016 at 12:54

You should call this team PODS

Nick · 13/03/2016 at 06:26

I'm just gonna say I think I'm the only one not comfortable with Libba, think he'll average 80 tips
Moving in to a Bulldogs side that looks completely different to the one he played in before injury
Still think he's a good selection but having serious doubts, seems like the Dale Thomas situation from 2-3 years ago

marcus · 13/03/2016 at 08:13

I dropped Libba for Hunter. Agree with you there.

neil · 13/03/2016 at 08:36

at yr peril Marcus could be on the ball but I would look at old crouch

Hawks · 13/03/2016 at 08:46

Good point Nick, but I think Libba will adapt quickly and average 100+. He could be a keeper, either way great points per $ spent value.

@emhoy · 13/03/2016 at 09:01

I really like the look of Gibson especially under $500K , his first game with Birchall in team still got it 26 times.

Holty · 13/03/2016 at 09:46

like the Gibson pick. He will be top 12 defender by seasons end. He will be great for overall but can hurt you in league when he gets the shut down role on the bigger opponent which might happen more often this year since Lake has retired.

@emhoy · 13/03/2016 at 09:51

But don't you think Frawey will get the Lake role

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 09:56

Most teams have 2 genuine tall forwards, so unless Hawks will play a Spangher in that role, Gibo may be forced to play big like when they play
        West Coast – Kennedy, Darling
        Sydney – Tippet, Franklin
        Geelong – Hawkins, Vardy
        Adelaide – Walker, Jenkins
        Collingwood – Cloke, Moore

That's just my opinion.

@emhoy · 13/03/2016 at 10:01

Hmm I just cross checked those teams from last year and you are right his scores were lower I think I will stick with Laid, thanks guys

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 10:10

They were lower last year and Lake was in the side. So no Lake means even lower scores as he won't be the free man anymore? Unless they have someone to play fullback/centre halfback?

Randomclcihe · 13/03/2016 at 14:02

Will see a bit more of Spang this year but won't change the fact that hawks have Hodge gibbo birch silk who are all pro at this role and not a similar number of great tall defenders. Scheonmakers will not be used there if possible esp with rough out.

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 13/03/2016 at 09:44

Defence – Laird,Rampe,McGovern,Johannisen,Lonergan + 3 Rookies – I'm happy with my other lines and I only have 8k left but I'm still tinkering on my D – thoughts on what I have atm are appreciative, too speculative ??

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 10:09

Geez you've spent big down there! What's the rest of your team look like?

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 13/03/2016 at 10:37

Mid – Fyfe,Danger,Ablett,Rocky,Duncan,Libba,Mills,Kerridge
      Ruck – Dog Dog, Gawn
      Forward – Dusty,Barlow,Hall,Wells,Petracca,Menadue

I was also going KK & Wietering for McGovern & Johannison and then upgrade Gawn to Goldy into the Ruck

Thanks for asking

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 10:40

Well that is a very strong team if ever I've seen one!

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 13/03/2016 at 11:29

Which team do you prefer ?

Ben · 13/03/2016 at 11:18

whos dog dog?

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 13/03/2016 at 11:27

Nic Nac give a dog a bone – Crouching nickname

bAps · 13/03/2016 at 10:18

That's a really deep defence, it seems like your other lines will suffer for it.. Too many speculative midpricers too, imo. Laird and Rampe are good picks and should be keepers, McGovern may or may not be top 10 come seasons end, and Lonergan and JJoh probably arent going to be keepers, so you'll waste trades getting them out of your team. Might as well drop one of Lonergan and JJoh to a rookie, and upgrade the other or McGovern to a keeper.

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 09:55

I think Gibson is an interesting one. Personally I believed he would play the second tall and have to lock down on his opponent. This article reads he was floating across the backline, which is interesting. I didn't watch the game, but can someone tell me what they think Gibo's role will be. If it's anything like last year coming 3rd man up and playing loose man, he will be in my team.

Very little talk about Macmillan, what role does he play in North's side? Once again didn't watch the game.

Matt · 13/03/2016 at 11:39

North fan, MacMillian is a good player when the team is winning. Seems to be playing a rebounding role out of the backline and on the wing. Disposal does let him down in pressure situations deep in defence. For Gibson, can't see him consistently scoring enough with the role he will as a key defender against North, Adelaide, West Coast, Gold Coast, Sydney with the big forwards.

Chill · 13/03/2016 at 11:43

Hawks were comfortable the whole game, gibbo floated around. It wasn't a real indication of how he will play once the season starts. I think he will play games where he gets 120 but there will be plenty of 70-80 when he has to help shut down some opposition players

Holty · 13/03/2016 at 11:52

i had him all last season beast and was fantastic. He was 1 of the main reasins i finished top 10 in RDT.
    The Lake thing is the only reason i wont start with him this year

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 12:46

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

Deccas · 13/03/2016 at 09:55

Thoughts on my team community

Def: Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Weitering, Dea, Brown, /// Hartley, Broad or Collins

Mid: Fyfe, Dangerfield, GAJ, Shiel, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, Menadue /// Gresham, Petracca, Mathieson)

Ruck: Goldy, Gawn /// Wyatt or Cox

Fwd: Martin, Barlow Menzel, Wells, Milera Kerridge /// McCarthy Anthony-McDonald……

I still have 21k left community. Ive decided to put the money into Weitering, Wells and Menzel as I don't think they are rookies but Premium rookies who should average 75+ tese hopefully will generate money quickly and then allow me to upgrade. Although forward line is week intense of premiums they all have the ability to gain $$$. I feel that with Treloar gone from GWS Shiel will take his game to another level and become a top 10 Mid this year.Menadue is in because of the richmond injuries in their midfield which will hopefully see him get time in the mid. Rucks are locked away thats why I'm paying big $$. I know some will say that Bartel won't play games but he has to play 17games minimum to reach 300 and he won't be rested unless riddled by injury.

Give me some thoughts community, would love to hear them.

tophawk · 13/03/2016 at 11:21

Hi Deccas,

Excellent team. Very similar to mine. Out backlines are the same. I had Johanissen at D3 but changed my mind after watching Bartel dominate early before knocking his scone vs Freo. (Mc Govern is the only one left in the mix for D3 and is playing today)

The midfield is also very similar to mine. Same rookies, but instead of Rocky and Shiel I currently have Tom Mitchell (Got a good feeling about that kid this year) and Hall. (Hall not a keeper but should rack up big numbers in first 6-8 weeks without Swallow, Prestia and O'Meara)

Rucks identical. Decided on set and forget strategy.

I had enough cash left over to go Toby Greene over D Menzel. Otherwise forward line the same.

Cheers!

Nathan · 13/03/2016 at 10:04

Thoughts on priddis and r gray this year
Tope ten midfielders?

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 10:08

Yes, to Priddis, Gray yes if not very close.

Nathan · 13/03/2016 at 11:41

I have both atm
      Just due to there pod'ness
      Dont want to spend the money on them if i have to trade them later on
      I think gray will start the year well with ports draw

Tim · 13/03/2016 at 10:24

How is Petracca still in most teams without getting a gig pre-season?

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 10:30

Because he will play and may as well not waste a trade by bringing him when he explodes.

Kev · 13/03/2016 at 10:43

He's a place holder for me atm. I'll move him on if he's not named for round 1

Derek · 13/03/2016 at 14:38

He is the krakour of last year. Nice DPP loophole until he starts to play

Grahame Lebroy · 13/03/2016 at 10:41

I have been keen on McGovern for a spot in my backline this year. But now i hear that the Eagles will use him in the Fwd line. To me this is a bit of a worry, do people think his scores will be affected if he spends time forward?

Patch · 13/03/2016 at 12:53

We'll have a better idea after tonight's game, Graham. At this stage it doesn't worry me a huge amount, but we'll reassess in a few hours.

Sean · 13/03/2016 at 10:44

Shaw laird,Bartel,weitering,brown,Hartley(broad,Collins)
Fyfe, danger, Ablett, Sheil, Rockliff, Cripps, liberatore, mills (Mathieson, Davis, m11 empty)
Goldstein, natinui, (loersch)
Barlow, hall, de goey, wells, kerridge, McCarthy ( cox, tippa)

I know my forward lines weaker than the rest but then enables me to have an extra premo mid. You would think Cripps would out score dusty and is over 40k cheaper.
I only have 20kleft over and you can see I have an extra mid spot. Any ideas on where I can get this cash from, I was thinking weitering down to a 120k rookie giving me 120k in the mids.

abel · 13/03/2016 at 11:35

Team looks great. Fwd line looks strong despite limited cash imput. Weiter to non playing rookie would give good loopgole option for captain and 3 onfield rookies. Cripps looks good but unlikely to outscore other premiums you have. If concerned about fwd strength you could go cripps to crouch/parish and upgrade bench fwd rookie to decent 400k type fwd? Maybe green or take a punt on dead man dixon to jump up in price with ports easier opening rounds?

Dee · 13/03/2016 at 10:54

will Dea and Hartley from Essendon both get games or play Round 1?

Nathan · 13/03/2016 at 11:43

Hartley yes as he is a kkp for the dons
    Dea should but i think he wont play every game as i think they will want to play the kids as much as they can

Grahame Lebroy · 13/03/2016 at 11:02

Yes they should both get named for Rnd 1

Dee · 13/03/2016 at 11:25

thanks mate…

The_Black_Mamba · 13/03/2016 at 11:36

Ok guys. I have been up all night just staring at my team. Changing it drastically from my team yesterday., Id like your thoughts. This is 3 hours between 12 and 3 of staring at a screen thinking about supercoach

Def: Simpson, Bartel, JJ, Weitering, Brown, Hartley/// Collins, Ruggles

Mid: Fyfe, Danger, Pendlebury, Priddis, Rockliff, Wines, Cripps, Mills/// Gore, Matthieson, Macpherson

Ruck: Gawn, Smith/// Wyatt

Forward: Barlow, Greene, Hall, Wells, Mccarthy, Kerridge//// Petracca, Grimley

Give me your honest thoughts community with solid reason behind them. Only have 2k left.

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 11:43

First team I've seen without Dusty. IMO he's a lock, by you may have reasoning behind this. Historically he doesn't score well against Carlton who they play round 1. Like Simpson, consistent and you know you will get those 90+ scores with him. Few teams are jumping on JJ and I can see why. He plays well at Etihad and the Dogs play many games early in the season there. Priddis is a good selection, not in many sides and is also very consistent and can go very large. Personally, I would downgrade Cripps to Libba and upgrade Smith to Goldy – as Goldy is a lock IMO and Libba is as well at his discounted price tag, just a couple of years ago he was a premium midfielder.

On a side note, does your name refer to Kobe? If so are you a Lakers fan?

The_Black_Mamba · 13/03/2016 at 11:47

Gday Beast. Excellent pickup. It does in fact refer to the GOAT himself, but I myself am a knicks fan.

Thanks beast! Ive decided to put simpson in as you know your gonna get a 90+ average and 21-22 games from him. Its hard to ignore JJ after his recent performances. Im not keen on dropping cripps though as I truly feel he is the next Fyfe/Ablett. Goldy is way to expensive IMO. He will definitely drop. No doubt. Looking to pick him up during the byes.

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 11:51

Fair call, yes I did pick up the Kobe reference. Knicks are improving no doubt about it, Porzingis will be something special in the future.

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 11:50

great looking team i reckon you are better off going with libba instead of cripps though

Hawker · 13/03/2016 at 12:09

MID Missing out on midfield rookies who will make you cash (cripps/wines to Parish/Oliver IMO)
    No Libba sets you apart and could be a great selection
    In general look to switch rookies e.g Gore (hard to break into adelaide side), Ruggles (not elevated off the rookie list, ATM)
    FWD line identical to mine, perfect
    Rucks Smith a big gamble but could be upgraded to anyone with suggested trade above plus you wont have to waste a trade as I don't think Smith will be a keeper due to the large pool of talls Geelong has
    DEF Solid, especially like the Simpson pick as the ball will be down there alot this season and he is as consistent as they come
    Overall, solid team, just slight tinkering and you will be a contender, Good Luck

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 11:39

Thoughts on my team community?

Rookies are just placeholders at this stage, are subject to change depending on selection for round 1.

Shaw, Laird, KK, Weitering, Brown, Tucker, Byrne-Jones, McDonald-Tipunwunti
Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, Rockliff, Parker, Libba, Mills, Gresham, Petracca, Mathieson, Davis
Goldstein, Gawn, Cox
Martin, Barlow, Hall, Wells, McCarthy, Kerridge, Grimley, Adams

I have gone for Weitering instead of a Sheridan type due to the fact I believe Weitering will score roughly the same amount of points for a cheaper price. His intercept marking is incredible and the ball will be in the back 50 for the blue a lot. Mills is locked into my team now. He looks good and should get a go through the middle at times as well as running off the half back for the Swans with Shaw and Rohan out. At this stage I don't mind spending the money on Heater and Goldy as I believe they will still finsih top 2 in their positions. I've selected Hall for 2 reasons. Firstly because the Suns midfield is weak without Prestia, Swallow, JOM and Hall seems to be filling that hole at this stage. Secondly, if when the Suns mids return I will trade Hall (bruyn manoeuvre) as his price will hopefully have increased by then. Still not 100% sure about KK, have been also thinking about Bartel, McGovern, Rich, JJ and even maybe Gibson.

Suggestions and criticism are appreciated.

Cheers Beast.

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 13/03/2016 at 11:51

Very similar Beast to the alternative team I posted earlier, I don't have Shaw but have Rampe & Lonergan at 3 & 4, agree on comments about Mills & Hall , good luck

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 12:02

Yes I like the look of Lonergan but don't know if he will be a keeper? Whats your thought on him?

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 13/03/2016 at 12:06

Lonergan – I posted this week after i heard an interview with Eade and he said the Lonergan would spend a lot time in the Mid due to injuries, but also said teams need 7 – 8 Mids because of the Interchange reduction

abel · 13/03/2016 at 12:14

Lonergan looks great. At worst he could be a quick earner as in your description of hall, beast. GC have a super early draw tO help this along.

The_Black_Mamba · 13/03/2016 at 11:52

Excellent team Beast. Strong forward line. Strong rucks. The midfield might be a little bit weak with no Fyfe as well as Libba at m6. Overall looks like a strong team. Good luck BEAST. #TheBlackMamba

tophawk · 13/03/2016 at 11:59

Fyfe is currently named in the SC Beast team mate.

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 11:59

I do have Fyfe mamba!

The_Black_Mamba · 13/03/2016 at 12:06

My mistake beast! Looking like a good team mate

tophawk · 13/03/2016 at 11:56

Hi SC Beast,

Very nice side mate. My only real concern are your backline rookies. Tucker, and Byrne-Jones at this stage are unlikely to be named for round 1. The likes of Hartley (Ess), Broad (Rich), and K.Collins (Wbd) are almost certainties to play. Just be mindful of this when the round one teams are announced. Also, I dont like Macdonald Tipungwuti in your backline. Much better to have him as a rookie in your forward line. You then have an automatic fwd/def swingset between him and Brown in your backline.

Everything else looks bloody good!

Cheers

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 12:01

Thanks tophawk, yes I agree with rookies, as I said just place holders at this stage, what happened to Collins yesterday? He was named but didn't play. Yes had Tippa in fwd to swing with brown bout found Adams from the Dogs could be in fwd so just had Tippa in defence.

Thanks for your reply Tophawk 🙂

Northernsoul74 · 13/03/2016 at 12:11

Collins is no certainty to start for the dogs. Adams seems to be ahead of him, although he struggled yesterday. Hamling also to come into that starting doggies backline.

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:03

great looking team. hopefully all these backline rookies get named round1 or theres going to be chaos with some teams

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 12:07

Yes thats what I'm hoping for. I'll select the rookies named round 1 and hope that they make me some cash!

abel · 13/03/2016 at 12:08

Love the team. I like dusty to rookie and mid rookie to shiel/sidebottom/ellis/wines/lewis. This only because fwd rookies looking better onfield options vs mid rookies at this stage.

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 12:15

Interesting proposition abel, I'll fiddle around and have a look what this looks like!

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:22

haven't seen any teams starting wells at fwd 3 but you make a valid point

Liam · 13/03/2016 at 14:20

Great side Beast, love the look of it.
    I have Hall as well but wondering if i should trade him to De Goey pocket the 100k and upgrade someone else.

Carl · 13/03/2016 at 11:40

Is Weitering a lock for D5 ?

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 11:44

I currently have him at D4, but no harm in having him at D5. Seems a very good selection with his intercept marking as well as playing in a weaker team where the ball should be in the backline a lot.

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 11:46

25k left would love people thoughts

BACKS – KK Docherty Lonergan Weitering Brown (ess) Hartley
Bench- Collins Tipungwuti

MID – Dangerfield Ablett Shiel Rockliff Parker Liberatore Mills Parish
Bench – Jansen Kerridge Cunningham

RUCKS – Mumford Gawn
Bench – Grimley

FWDS – Martin Barlow Tippet Greene Wells Kennedy
Bench – Kommer Petracca

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 11:53

The big mummy! First team with him in it. The only thing stopping me picking him is he has never played a full season! He is a great pick if he stays fit and can go huge, but beware he is injury prone but in saying that you have Tippet for insurance which is not a bad thing. Great looking team.

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 11:55

thanks beast yea I'm a big fan of him but know that he is unlikely to play a full season. just hoping he gets around 10 solid games in him and he will be swapped to goldy if/when he goes down

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 11:59

sounds like a plan, you never know, big Sandilands never had a full season until a couple of years ago I think if memory serves me correctly.

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:02

yea i hope he has a full season vital to the giants side. have thought of swapping him out and starting tippet in there. this would allow me to pick up hall in the fwds and have 160k to upgrade the def. Would still be able to get goldy later by swapping tippett into the fwds and trading out a wells kennedy type hopefully

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 12:03

thats not a bad option either.

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:07

it will be a last minute decision haha the option with out mummy is probably safer but haven't seen him in other teams and he is capable of huge scores

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:14

would make it laird and hall vs lonergan mumford

john · 13/03/2016 at 11:58

Thoughts on my team?

DEF: Houli, KK, Docherty, Weitering, Dea, Brown ( Skinner, Ruggles)

MID: Danger, Ablett, Hanners, Rockliff, Cripps, Libba, Trengrove, Gresham ( Petracca, mathersion, MacPherson)

RUCK: Martin, Lobbe ( cox)

FWD: Martin, Dahlhaus, Barlow, Franklin, Wells, Kerridge ( Grimley, Galluci)

I have 7k in the bank.

Any suggestions?

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:05

try and get trengrove up to mills or parish don't think he will play early

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 12:05

Personally I don't like Lobbe. Doesn't appeal much to me. I would trade Buddy and Lobbe to Goldy/Gawn and maybe a fwd rookie like McCarthy. Would that give you enough cash to upgrade Trengove to Mills/Parish/Oliver as I don't think Trengove is fully fit. Like Dahlhaus and Houli selections as well as Hanners.

john · 13/03/2016 at 12:11

What about Parish, Sinclair ( ruck) and Stanley ( Fwd) for trengrove, Lobbe and Franklin.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 13/03/2016 at 12:09

OK final decision. Depends how they go today but goldy looked good last night. So the decision is:

Goldy and JJ
or
Nic nat and shaw.

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:11

who's your other ruck?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 13/03/2016 at 12:16

Gawn

Gord29 · 13/03/2016 at 12:21

I'm a fan of option one then as goldy has to come in at some stage and JJ is looking good so far

tophawk · 13/03/2016 at 12:29

I prefer Goldy and JJ now. I cracked last night……..Goldy is just too good. Decided to go Goldy and Gawn and cough up the cash. Hopefully this investment will provide me with reliability. Big scores week in week out, low probability of injury dramas like Mumford (Touch wood), no need to use trades getting Goldy later, and no stressing that Goldy will drop in price etc etc if I don't start with him.

Cheers

wilsononwilson · 13/03/2016 at 12:58

Billings seemed to slip off the radar, looking forward to seeing how he goes today! Could be a good alternative to Greene.

dannyyboyy · 13/03/2016 at 13:15

im gonna pass, id rather see some consistancy in a player first

JAYZ · 13/03/2016 at 13:00

Is mills/parish/Oliver potentially a better pick then Libba?

dannyyboyy · 13/03/2016 at 13:12

no, libba has a higher ceiling.

Scyb · 13/03/2016 at 13:36

Looking for some experienced players to join my league 🙂 #243665

Damian · 13/03/2016 at 14:08

Hi community love to get some feedback on my side
Laird,gibson,kk,bugg,weitering,brown (ess) hartley,ruggles
Danger,ablett,parker,wines,cripps,libba,b crouch,mathieson menadue,gresham,davis
Gawn,luey grimley
Dusty,barlow,sinclar,wells,lyon,kerridge petracca cox
275k left to play with

Kev · 13/03/2016 at 14:22

That 275k needs to go towards someone better than Leuy.

Bugg is a nice POD for you, haven't seen him mentioned so far. Who is Lyon at F5?

Damian · 13/03/2016 at 14:28

From adelaide very bug risk with luey

Jackwatt$ · 13/03/2016 at 14:16

I've seen enough!!!
Steve Johnson he bloody lock! Awwwwwwww
Heath Shaw a must have
Steele taken Treloars role
Stef Martin & Max Gawn top2 ruckman this year, sorry Goldstine worshippers.
Brent Harvey is older than my dad
Awwwwwwww

tophawk · 13/03/2016 at 14:29

Looks like Steele has taken Treloar's role alright and doing it well! Already racked up 16 disposals at half time, 6 tackles and a goal. The kid can seriously play.

Jordan · 13/03/2016 at 14:29

Anyone got any places in their leagues left or know any groups to join? My usual league isn't playing this year and wouldn't mind joining at least 1 league!

Holty · 13/03/2016 at 15:04

damn you jack steele. could my pod no longer be a pod?

hedeski · 13/03/2016 at 15:04

J. Cameron and Zorko the magnificent both reported within 15 seconds of each other. Cameron for charging Mathieson Zorko for striking!!!

SC_Beast · 13/03/2016 at 15:08

How bad was Zorko's?

hedeski · 13/03/2016 at 15:10

Hard to say. Whacked him across the chops I think. Haven't seen replay was behind play.

DadSmasher · 13/03/2016 at 16:36

You old blokes are hilarious "Whacked him across the chops" was this at a BBQ before the game?

hedeski · 13/03/2016 at 16:48

Old blokes? Ha ha righto KID have fun drivin round in mummies datsun.

Winston · 13/03/2016 at 15:09

Hi Patch, great analysis, i'm new to supercoach and I need some advice.

My current rucks are ?, Gawn (Chol)

My current defenders are ?, ?, ?, Weitering, Brown, Hartley (Broad, Ruggles)

I have 1.86m to spend on an R1 and D1-3, and I don't know who to choose. Is it worth starting with Goldstein, or will a cheaper premium ruck be better value? Same thing with Heath Shaw?

I like Jason Johanissen and Rory Laird, and I don't mind the look of a few midpriced options such as Smith, Sutcliffe, Sheridan, Seedsman and T Mckenzie but as I am not a seasoned player I don't know whether or not they will be reliable long-term selections.

Which four players should I choose?

JoeWoolcock · 14/03/2016 at 16:00

Big question there, Winston. Of course your most reliable R1 will be Goldstein but Martin, Sauce Jacobs or even Sandilands are all viable if you're like me and are short for coin.The latter two I've seen in very few teams so could be nice PODs. As for D1-3, Laird and Johannisen both seem very popular, so go ahead if you like, but instead of Shaw I'm actually going Boyd at D1 because as he long as he stays fit he'll pump out 100's each week without any danger of a tag like Shaw will likely get.

Dee · 13/03/2016 at 16:26

thinking of dropping D. Martin for A. Hall or J. Steele to use extra cash somewhere else…. is there anyone here that thinks Hall or Steele could get a higher average than D. Martin at seasons end? Just thinking out loud…. thoughts?

Bigballsboys · 13/03/2016 at 21:10

I think everyone is falling for a big trap of A Hall, just my thoughts tho

Outforblood · 13/03/2016 at 19:52

Anyone who wants to join a competitive league number 993935

Krups · 13/03/2016 at 20:55

Not really keen on this cox/grimley Ruck and forward thing. There both playing crap. Better to lock down 2 great rucks and hope for the best.

Bigballsboys · 13/03/2016 at 21:08

3 midfield rookies apart from kerridge and mills? Options?

Krups · 13/03/2016 at 21:13