Jock Reynolds Coach Kings

Tom Liberatore and Max Gawn.

Couldn’t wait get out to Craigieburn this afternoon and see these lads play. Both are as fantasy relevant as it gets at this time of year, with Libba stuffed into most of our midfields and Maxy Gawn appearing in plenty of ruck divisions.

Libba had his first hitout in over a year today and I was dead keen to see if Max could back up his big arse NAB 1 performance (where he tore Matty Lobbe apart limb by bloody limb).

The Dogs only played 8 of their best 22 which was a pain in my fantasy relevance extracting arse.. and not a great sign for Melbourne who needed to be more convincing here today.

Absent from Best 22:

Melbourne (7): Jesse Hogan, Angus Brayshaw, Lynden Dunn, Heriter “The Gift” Lumumba, Chris Dawes, Christian Petracca

Western Bulldogs (14): Mitch Wallis, Luke Dahlhaus, Jack Macrae, Marcus Bontempelli, Matthew Suckling, Jake Stringer, Matthew Boyd, Jason Johannisen, Easton Wood, Dale Morris, Lachie Hunter, Robert Murphy, Liam Picken, Tory Dickson.

WESTERN BULLDOGS:

Tom Liberatore (MID, $357,300 SC) did more than he needed to do to remain locked into my midfield. Got through the game unscathed and has not lost any of his inside ball collecting ability. Wasn’t prolific but this is all he needed to do at this stage of his re-introduction to footy. Remains locked. 16 disposals and a huge 10 tackles to Tom. Still managed a lazy 102 Supercoach points.

Lin Jong (MID/FWD $347,100) was brilliant all day and had the most contested possessions of anyone on the park. I’ll tell you one thing – he can read the ball off the ruck contest extremely well. Of course job security is the big problem with Lin, he is just on the fringes of the best 22 which makes him difficult to consider at this price.

Skinflute Minson (RUC $407,700 SC) shared ruck duties with Tommy Campbell and was beaten soundly by Gawn whenever he lined up against him. Sad to see the end of fantasy relevance for the Skinflute. He has provided us with such entertainment for a long time now. We still have his music.

Jed Adcock (FWD/DWF $340,500) had a chance to put his hand up for a slot in the best 22. While almost the entire Dogs backline was not on the park he did his claims no harm today. I reckon he has a real chance to be named Round 1, and with a lease of life at a fresh young team who knows? Not in my team at the moment but if you’re looking for that defensive POD.. maybe. Just maybe…. yeah but nah.

Kieran Collins (DEF $117,300 SC) remains a real chance at a Round 1 position. The kid was picked at #26 in last years draft after proving himself to be the best one-on-one defender in last year’s under 18’s championship. And he has impressed Bevo with “his ability to absorb the way we want him to play in our systems”. Granted the Dogs were missing a stack of their big boys down back, and he only had it 8 times, but he looks a player. Will never score big, and last bench slot fodder at best here.

Josh Dunkley (MID $117,300 SC) really impressed with 15 possessions, 6 tackles and 94 Supercoach points. Hard to get excited about him as a prospect given the lack of best 22 mids playing for the Dogs today, but put his hand up.

There were other Dogs such as Marcus Adams (DEF/FWD, $117,300 SC) who impressed today. I can’t stress enough though that the Dogs were playing a reserves team today so we can’t get carried away by these kids community.

MELBOURNE:

Max Gawn (RUC, $550,800 SC) was huge again. Wasn’t quite in snarling Lobbe consuming mode, but was again clearly the best big bloke on the field. At this stage Max holds my R1 ruck position and while I would have loved  to have seen him do a bit more around the ground today I feel very comfortable with him as a selection. 46 hitouts, 11 to advantage (vs 20 hitouts to Minson & Campbell), 2 kicks, 8 handballs and 3 marks today. Shit he’ll go big at stages this year. 100% DE and 111 Supercoach points. Aroused.

Jack Viney (MID, $497,100) firmed again as a real breakout candidate with Dees. Was as important as anyone out there in a pretty strong Melbourne lineup and worked like a hungry Bull. 25 touches, 14 contested, 6 tackles and 111 Supercoach points.

Ben Kennedy (FWD/MID, $187,800) was OK but I don’t buy into talk that he’ll make up a key component of the Melbourne midfield this year. Had it 16 times and looks a player, feel as if he needs to work on the defensive side of his game to command immediate selection. 71 Supercoach points.

Jack Grimes (DEF, $414,100 SC) got through the game unscathed. Could this bloke become fantasy relevant again? 15 disposals at 80% and moves across the park nicely. In the cold light of day you can’t select him with his injury history – might have been one to consider at around $350K but not at his current pricetag.

Jack Watts (FWD/MID, $381,100 SC) has to be mentioned. He does. Don’t fall off your chair or have a bloody stroke on me. Was one of Melbourne’s most influential players today.. but did butcher the ball a touch. Played up forward today and kicked 3 but remember – he was up against a reserve grade defence. Wish Melbourne would just play this poor kid in one position and let him learn his craft with some consistency. Poor prick. Don’t pick him pls. 16 disposals at just 56% efficiency and 10 marks.

Over to you lot.. what did you take out of today’s game?

SC_Beast · 06/03/2016 at 16:56

Salem played Jock mate!

Shinboner · 06/03/2016 at 17:00

Gawn & Libba looking locked after today, what do you think Vineys ceiling is this year?

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:24

I'd say he could quite probably crack the ton average

Swans2012 · 06/03/2016 at 18:42

Averaged 97 last year if you take out the injury/sub affected score ( can't remember what caused it), I'd say 105-110 and definately in breakout territory….

SC_Beast · 06/03/2016 at 17:00

Jock if your running big Gawny at R1, who is your R2? I currently have Collins in my defence and Adams in my forward line to swing with Brown. Gawn is sitting at R2 in my team behind Goldy.

To get away from this game, was really disappointed that the weather ruined the game up in MacKay, was looking forward to seeing Daniel Rich run around, hoping he will be my D3.

Cheers

Eric_the_Red · 06/03/2016 at 17:07

You and me both, mate. Am hoping Rich presents himself.

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 17:17

Looking at rich as well, shame we didn't see him play.
    What's the rest of your defence looking like ?
    Have you got Shaw ?

Eric_the_Red · 06/03/2016 at 17:22

Although your question is probably directed at Beast I'll answer too. My current def is Shaw, Laird, Bartel/Rich, Weitering, Brown, Hartley. Am considering Rich because I will then be able to either upgrade Nic Nat to Goldy, or Parker to Fyfe or Priddis.

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 17:37

Love the look of that defence.
        The exact same as mine.
        Would love your thoughts on my team Eric.

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Bartel, Weitering, Hartley, Brown (Collins, Bryne-Jones)
        MID: Fyfe, Danger, GAJ, Shiel, Rocky, Libba, Gresham, Petracca (Clarke, Mathieson, Davis/Macpherson)
        RUC: Goldy, Gawn (Wyatt)
        FWD: Dusty, Barlow, Greene, De Goey, Menadue, Kerridge (Hunt, AMT)

Could go De goey to wells to give me cash to upgrade Shiel to Pendles but i'm not sure.
        All thoughts are appreciated.

Cheers Liam

SC_Beast · 06/03/2016 at 17:51

G'day Liam. It's a nice looking side. Its up to you with the Shiel to Pendles. With Pendles you know what you will get – consistency. Not sure how the inclusion of Treloar and Aish will affect him with less midfield time along with Adams, Swan, Sidey and De Goey going through there. There is probably more players who will run through there as well.

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 17:56

Cheers Beast.
            Could go Gray instead, just not sure on Wells V De Goey.

Mike · 06/03/2016 at 19:23

It’ll be hard for Aish to affect Pendles from the VFL imo.

Eric_the_Red · 06/03/2016 at 18:51

I'm a big fan of your team, mate. Looks great. Your defence is very similar to mine so I've got nothing bad to say about it. I like Shiel and would stick with him. Doesn't have the track record of Pendles just yet but he could be anything. You need to take a risk somewhere, so maybe that could be yours? Your rucks are perfect. That forward line was what I had (pretty much the same) a few weeks back but I've changed it slightly. I really like De Goey, but downgraded him to Menzel to save coin. Good luck this year.

Big balls · 06/03/2016 at 19:11

Good to see someone else with shiel instead of pendles + $100,000
          . Never picked pendles at start of year and never will just bcoz my gut tells me , i will admit though hes great .

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 19:47

Cheers guys.
          I just made a few changes of the back of your feedback,
          McGovern, Mills and Wells in for Bartel, MacPherson and De Goey.
          Hopefully that will improve my team.

Tim · 07/03/2016 at 08:19

Great team if you have more than $10 mil in your cap Liam

SC_Beast · 06/03/2016 at 17:31

My defence is Shaw, Laird, McGovern, Weitering, Brown, Collins, Broad, Tucker

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 17:41

Looking the goods Beast, I am considering McGovern as well.

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 17:42

Would love to hear your thoughts on my team as well. 😉

hedeski · 06/03/2016 at 17:52

Same as mine except I have hartley for tucker

SC_Beast · 06/03/2016 at 17:00

Luke Goetz 5

LEKD0G · 06/03/2016 at 17:06

Love you Beast!

SC_Beast · 06/03/2016 at 17:30

No worries Lek mate.

Deccas · 06/03/2016 at 17:08

Nice Jock! Jack Viney interesting, both him and Mitch Duncan i think will have breakout years!

Thoughts on the team and what do i need to change?

Def: Shaw, Laird, Doc, Weitering, Brown, Hartley, (Byrne-jones, collins)

Mid: Fyfe, Dangerfield, GAJ, Gray, Rockliff, Libba, Mills, Gresham, (Menadue, Petracca, Mathieson)

Ruck: Goldy, Gawn (Wyatt)

Fwd: Martin, Barlow, D Menzel, Wells, Milera, Kerridge (McCarthy, Grimley)

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:23

If you sense a breakout, if you can swap out one of you expensive midfield premos and one of your rookies like Gresham/Mills with a higher price and get Duncan and Viney in. If you think they will really take their games to the next level and possibly even end up premos, stick with them from the start and you could potentially turn one gun into two

Korza · 06/03/2016 at 17:36

You say Viney and Duncan will have breakout years, this year or 2017. Neither are selected in your team.

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:11

Was really considering Kennedy before this game but is now out of my team. Was contemplating a ruck strategy of Goldy and Sinclair but now that gawn has backed up his first game form he and nicnat are now my two ruckmen. I reckon jong did fantastically today, probably enough to guarantee a rd1 selection. There is one spot in my forward line that he could potentially take, but I am not 100% sure whether or not to choose him or a Heeney/Dixon/Bird/DeGoey/Menzel type. I have 380k to spend on that position.Any thoughts?

This is my first draft, and I set out with a plan to load the mids with lots of set and forget premos. I wanted a similar pricing structure for my defence and forward line, and I wanted two strong ruckmen who still were decent value, hence no Goldstein. For the record, I spent around 2m for my def, 4.8m for my mid, 1.2m for my rucks and 2m for my fwd line. Any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated.

D:Laird, McGovern, Sheridan, Weitering, Brown bombers, Hartley (Collins dockers, Collins bulldogs)
M: Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, Ablett, Priddis, R Gray, Libba, Mills (Gresham, Gore, Mathieson)
R: Naitanui, Gawn (Chol tigers)
F: Barlow, Stringer, ?? (see above), Wells, McCarthy cats, Kerridge (Grimely, Petracca)

Cheers and thanks in advance 🙂

Canny the Manny · 06/03/2016 at 17:29

Mate, can't argue with a man who's got a plan! Can do nothing else but back yourself and stick to your guns.
    If I was to give my to cents, I would say that the absence of Shaw and Goldstein, and Barlow at M1 are vulnerable weak spots in your side. Shaw proved on Friday that he's going to be the main man defence again this year and that you should go without him at your own peril, and avoiding Goldy could put you behind the rest, as shown last season.
    You face a bit of a problem in your forward line. Barlow is a sound pick, but Stringer at F2 spells danger. If you want to stick with your plan, I would suggest bringing in Menzel at F3 and upgrading Stringer.
    Cheers.

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:44

Don't mind shying away from my plan a little, but I don't want to drastically change my midfield.

Walk · 06/03/2016 at 17:45

Any reasons for leaving Rocky out? is a steal at that price. Also don't know if id go with Mcgovern at d2, probably more consistent players at that price.

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:56

Downgrading Fyfe/Danger/Pendles/Ablett to JPK/Sloane/Rocky/Parker would save me 315k to spend on the other lines, and I wouldn't be losing too much scoringwise with those four players. Thoughts?

Walk · 06/03/2016 at 18:03

Risky, don't think you can be without all of (Fyfe/Pendles etc) but if you were to do that, trade out two of them still giving you POD but lowering the risk. But if you're willing to risk trading all of those 4 out it could pay off in the long run.

Dean · 06/03/2016 at 20:09

You can gain 45k by changing Gray to Rocky, Big balls not selecting Rocky at 550k he should score as good or better then Gray in my book.

Mat · 06/03/2016 at 17:12

How's Oliver look at about 200k?

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:20

Better options at and below his price point

@MitchArnold95 · 06/03/2016 at 17:32

Probably a bit too expensive for what his output will be and there are better options. But he will definitely be a player! Loved his game today.

xxBlindPerkoxx · 06/03/2016 at 19:34

Pipe down Stainy.

james · 06/03/2016 at 17:13

sidebottom, sheil or murphy

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:19

MMurphy

Canny the Manny · 06/03/2016 at 17:35

I'd go Shiel. Sidebum is going to be robbed of points and time in the Collingwood midfield (which is an awful shame, because he's close to my favourite player in supercoach) and I guess Murphy may struggle in an even shitter Carlton squad, although he should still provide for you if you elect him.
    However I'd be more inclined to go with Parker or Wines at a cheaper price, and I would keep my eye on Jack Redden at 515k, should not be underestimated. You heard it here first.

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 18:22

not sure about sidey being robbed of points. he will most likely be on that wing and with his engine wont be rotated that often.

DuckingTigers · 06/03/2016 at 22:31

Agree Holty, he's a winger and only occasionally attends the centre bounces. He's consistently scored well in conjunction with Swan and Pendlebury over the past few years.

Sana · 06/03/2016 at 17:44

Shiel

Slats · 06/03/2016 at 17:13

Matt Jones backed up last weeks 95 with today's 96 from 20 pos @80% DE, as a 250k fwd might be of some relevance instead of a Wells/Simpkin, will definitely be a pod but whether he can sustain these scores, thoughts community?

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:19

Interesting… Likely to be inconsistent but so will Menzel, Simpkin and others around that price. If you want consistency go with Wells, if you want biggest scoring potential and are prepared for the odd low score go with Menzel, if you want a nice little POD go with MJones. The moral of the story is Simpkin is probably the worst choice of the four, and the others are to be chosen according to your structure, needs, willingness to take a risk and mostly gut feel

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 18:10

i like it slats. i hadnt even considered until today. what i like about him is melbourne have played 2 games in the nab with 2 fairly strong teams and he has got the job done both times. cant see his role changing much now either when the real thing starts. ill be watching with intent next week and if he does well, he may have to slip into my side

Slats · 06/03/2016 at 18:46

Cheers Holtz, the first game he went @87% DE & is getting fwd 50 entry's as well as rebounding 50's so he's working at both ends being used as a link. Also both games he's had 5 scoring involvements so I'll be keeping an eye on him as well in the 3rd game

DuckingTigers · 06/03/2016 at 22:34

Not two strong teams, the Bulldogs were at less than half strength.

soapy · 07/03/2016 at 09:53

He's having a good NAB Cup but still unlikely to be in the Dees round oneand if he does play he will be playing as a defensive forward.

soapy · 07/03/2016 at 09:53

And with very poor job security!

Jonathon · 06/03/2016 at 17:21

Thoughts on my team guys?

DEF: Laird, Murphy, Bartel, Sheridan, Weitering, Brown (ESS), (Hartley), (K.Collins)

MID: Fyfe, Ablett, Gray, Rockliff, Parker, Libba, Gore, Mathieson, (Keays), (Gresham), (Davis)

RUCKS: Mumford, Nic Nat, (King)

FWDS: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Wells, Milera, Kerridge, (Menadue), (Petracca)

56k left in the bank btw

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:26

IDK bout bob murphy

Walk · 06/03/2016 at 17:36

Think you've got to have a look at Shaw in your backline, Also there's better options than Mummy (Gawn, Stef Martin). Also to free up some cash look at cheaper rookie options.

@MitchArnold95 · 06/03/2016 at 17:40

Not enough job security for some of your on field rookies in my opinion.

neil · 06/03/2016 at 19:02

only 3 I can see. most teams will have that

realist · 06/03/2016 at 19:30

Maybe most teams outside the top 1,000 but definitely not the contenders

@grayson_lowee · 06/03/2016 at 20:44

Honestly i can only see milera and gore not getting regular starts, who were you thinking of?

Canny the Manny · 06/03/2016 at 17:45

I actually don't mind this team, I haven't really trialed a side with as strong a back line as this but it looks good. My only concern is Mumford. He's almost a certainty to go down at some point and I think there a safer picks at similar prices. But he could turn out to be a great POD.

Paul · 06/03/2016 at 20:18

Gotta have the scorers in the backline from the start I reckon. It's traditionally a really hard place to get decent rookie downgrades. Midfield rookies always go up the most, and quickly too, so weaker mids and strong other lines has to be best for fast upgrades.

wombatsfc · 06/03/2016 at 18:03

I like your fwd and def but I'd drop mummy for Gawn and maybe pick up another mid who is guaranteed to play, Gore will be tested in SANFL before they risk him and mathieson has no hope of starting round 1 unless a few of the 19 midfielders at brisbane break down.

Chang · 06/03/2016 at 19:44

Mathieson is a lock to play Round 1

Jonathon · 07/03/2016 at 00:43

thanks guys for your thoughts appreciate it
        rookies will change when lineups for round 1 come out so not all are locks at this stage
        i really want stef martin over mummy but that leaves me with 4 brisbane players which to me is a but too much
        bob murphy played 38% game time against giants and scored 65 so he warrants a spot in my team from that alone

JoJo · 06/03/2016 at 17:41

Hi community I would really appreciate thoughts on my team
Laird, KK, johannisen, wietering, m.brown, k.collins: bonner, hibbered
Danger, dependlebury, abblet, gaff, Rockliff, Parker, Libba, Gresham: petracca, keays, macpherson
Martin, Gawn: cox
Wingard, Barlow, Greene, Menzel, kerridge, kommer: grimley, hammelman
I will worry about my rookies at a later stage but am fairly happy with what I have got

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 17:57

Gaff? riskyy

Benjamima Puddleduck · 06/03/2016 at 18:58

I think Gaff is going to be huge this year.
      Kept it to myself so far. Dont have him in my team, yet..
      My Kahunas are already being stretched to capacity with some choices.

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 17:47

sigh. was hoping to see stef martin today to convince myself im happy going with him over gawn. Oh well, got next weekend i guess.

vchap · 06/03/2016 at 18:08

I think they might be playing tmrrw in brissy

magpie4ver · 06/03/2016 at 18:52

It's no going to be rescheduled

kyle · 06/03/2016 at 18:08

hows my team looking any tips
defence: kkol, bartel, yeo, weitering
mid: fyfe, pendles, ablett, rockliff , wines , libba
Ruck: martin and gawn
fwd: martin, wingard , barlow , billings
i do have rookies but need opinions on the mid pricers and premos

@grayson_lowee · 06/03/2016 at 20:46

Not too sure about Billings and Yeo, apart from that nice team bud 🙂

Votes · 06/03/2016 at 18:13

Best 400- 500 k defenders

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 18:25

Bartel, McGovern, KK and Rich are probably the best IMO.

Deccas · 06/03/2016 at 18:14

Backline could either kill you are perform extremely well. Risky! Also without Goldy could hurt.

james · 06/03/2016 at 18:15

also is anyone considering zac smith two tons in a row very tempting

hedeski · 06/03/2016 at 18:26

Na goldy and gawn james but as a cats man I hope his body holds up will be a big pickup

Benjamima Puddleduck · 06/03/2016 at 19:00

Yip, was hoping it would have been Stanely hitting those tons.
    Only considering as i am short on cash for another premo

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 18:19

noooooooooo. i was just going to my mates to watch it.

hedeski · 06/03/2016 at 18:24

Shit sry was no arvo game to watch and knew a few lads were talking bout it other day.

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 18:32

all good bud. just wasnt expecting to see the results on this site.

hedeski · 06/03/2016 at 18:39

I might delete that post holty so your the only poor bastard who's day I spoil!!

Jock Gaynolds · 06/03/2016 at 18:19

Hi I would just like to say on behalf of all the people who play supercoach that u do jack shit to help us
thanks xoxox

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 06/03/2016 at 18:27

WTF ?

Jock Gaynolds · 06/03/2016 at 18:28

Don't u agree Chris Gayle? xoxox

Smash U · 06/03/2016 at 21:50

This c**t! Eat a bowl of diks and give yourself some uppercuts ya little troll did ya have a few too many pingers at the Mardi Gras then steal someones computer? What a waste of a soul…

troll hatin bmf · 07/03/2016 at 22:42

well said smash u !! get a life dick head fair dinkum W.A.M (what a muppet)

Ballza hate troll · 07/03/2016 at 22:53

No. 1 sh#t c#nt !!!!!does this make u happy knowing you are the sh#ttest C#nt in australia !!!! fair dinkum deadset pinorkling MUPPET!!!!!

Keenbutclueless · 06/03/2016 at 18:29

Really? A lot of what I have learned, and more importantly, everything I had to unlearn, I got from this community. So you don't speak for me at all. So go troll some other site

Tony · 06/03/2016 at 18:35

Had a bad day there GAY man

Gold Rush · 06/03/2016 at 18:56

How's life Fella, try being decent – you might just start to enjoy it a tad more!

SC_Beast · 06/03/2016 at 18:57

Big fella behind a keyboard.

Crowmagnon · 06/03/2016 at 20:14

I believe he misspelled GayJockHolds, the site I think he was looking for.
      Not that there's anything wrong with that.

ballza · 07/03/2016 at 22:54

agreed

ball swing · 07/03/2016 at 00:19

That was a big sentence with a mouthful of tube steak you fool!

no name no balls · 07/03/2016 at 22:47

"look at me im a d#ck head" may u walk outside tomorrow morning and be mowed down by a bus or truck ya pinorkle!!!

Jarrod V · 06/03/2016 at 18:29

kys u disgraceful pig dont come on here abusing the almighty king jock reynolds ya knobjockey

Jock Gaynolds · 06/03/2016 at 18:31

A little birdy told me u have no rights

Jarrod V · 06/03/2016 at 18:34

a little bidry told me your a gay cu*t get a life you keyboard warrior

Jock Gaynolds · 06/03/2016 at 18:35

A little birdy told me your "actually" fat

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 06/03/2016 at 18:47

go away and die slowly MOFO

Mike · 06/03/2016 at 19:32

That would be “you are” which equals You’re.
          If English is your first language? If so try harder.

Grahame Lebroy · 07/03/2016 at 08:32

Yawn

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 18:47

Which team?

R: Naitanui, Gawn (Chol tigers)

OR

D:Shaw, Laird, Johanissen, Sheridan, Weitering, Brown (Hartley, Collins bulldogs)
M: RGray, JPK, Sloane, Rockliff, Parker, Libba, Mills, Gresham (Keays, Gore, Mathieson)
R: Naitanui, Gawn (Chol tigers)
F: Martin, Barlow, Stringer, Menzel, Wells, Kerrigde (Grimely, Petracca)

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 18:57

Or from the second team I could swap Gray, JPK and Sloane out for Pendles, Ablett and Duncan/Viney

Haychh · 06/03/2016 at 20:10

Cox much better option at R3/F8 than Chol, as he is very raw and can't see him getting a run unless Maric, Hampson and a couple other blokes all get injured, or if you're going Chol purely for loophole purposes, might as well save 15k and go with Wyatt

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 21:00

Chol is 102k and a potential rd 1 bolter

Jadyn · 06/03/2016 at 18:48

McGovern or KK?

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 18:57

the gov

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 20:26

It's amazing to see Thumper as a POD now. Was in half the teams here a month ago along with Yeo.

I'd avoid the Governator as a KPP myself so I guess it's KK of those 2.

Madbuckers · 06/03/2016 at 18:58

Guys wondering the thoughts on Ceglar as a mid pod ruck option…. no roughy

magpie4ver · 06/03/2016 at 19:13

I cant decide between Danger or Fyfe??? What does the community think is the better option?

Thanks

SC16 · 06/03/2016 at 19:25

Danger was the first person i put in my team, love the man and how he plays. a lot of people will disagree and say fyfe… but i say Lock Danger in

james · 06/03/2016 at 19:26

it's potentially a flip of the coin decision but imo just find a way to get both in

SC16 · 06/03/2016 at 19:29

Yeah you really do need both in and of course the god

magpie4ver · 06/03/2016 at 19:30

If I get both Pendels and Ablett come with and that's a lot of coin but I wouldn't rule it out?

SC16 · 06/03/2016 at 19:35

As long as you can get them in during the year you should be right to start without one of them, and if i had to pick one to take out, i would pick pendles, get him later in the year, but personally i've got all 4

magpie4ver · 06/03/2016 at 19:54

Thanks SC16! But I have a hard time parting with Pendels because I'm a Pies fan and he's my Fav player. I passed on him last year as a pick and it just killed me not having him even though I picked him up later…….Its between Fyfe and Danger? If you had to pick between Fyfe and Danger who would you take?

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 19:59

Fyfe for me, even though I have both.

SC16 · 06/03/2016 at 20:22

Cant go wrong, but I prefer Danger

Adam · 07/03/2016 at 09:06

If Joel Selwood plays,pick Danger if not Fyfe, you really should pick Fyfe as well. Can i see your team?

magpie4ver · 07/03/2016 at 10:07

I put both in Thanks all!!

Sarah · 06/03/2016 at 20:43

Danger is more durable.

BKW · 07/03/2016 at 13:05

Yep true – both will be in my side but only starting with Danger at this point

Sarah · 07/03/2016 at 13:09

Same

Paul · 06/03/2016 at 20:47

I don't think there's a right and a wrong answer there. They're going to both score big most weeks.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2016 at 22:54

Get both

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 23:21

i have neither but if i had to pick one, Fyfe.

scott ballza semnens · 07/03/2016 at 23:06

watched crowies and freo game and seen teenwolf grab lower back just after half time still prob just warming up after the half time break, but this early not great signs for the gun finding it hard to leave him out myself but dangermouse for mine at this stage ! bloody hard decision will make or break a season

@GAVEDAY · 06/03/2016 at 19:21

Nic nat and Gawn looking like a great ruck duo but I'm sticking with Gawn and Sinclair – great work Jockly – love your passion.

SC16 · 06/03/2016 at 19:28

Im unsure about my defence and dont know if i should stick with Barte at D3 or go to Yeo (POD now everyones jumping off) and the kid knows how to play. or i could go mcgovern but i see more value in Bartel and Yeo, but which one…
already got Shaw and Laird btw

@MitchArnold95 · 06/03/2016 at 19:37

You can't go wrong really. Both of them will be great scorers for the year and will score similar. Bartel most likely won't play every game this season but in saying that, he has been in my team most of the preseason.

neil · 06/03/2016 at 19:59

rance or macdonald got the score on the board

Liam · 06/03/2016 at 20:04

I like the look of McGovern.
    He was forced to play more a lock down role last year due to the key defenders at the eagles being injured.
    I think he will be let loose and get a lot of points. Can see him averaging 90 odd this year and I will be starting him at D3.

Keenbutclueless · 06/03/2016 at 20:23

Have you considered Dane Rampe. Played 3 Seasons 20,22 and 22 games. Average 60, 75 and 85 (from memory). Is 26 years of age. With Shaw and Jetta gone will possibly have some more clearance work to do. Is reliable by foot. Even if he stays more of a lockdown type, can still see him averaging Low 90's. Not sure he has huge upside, but I think has very Low downside. Can see him still being in my side at end of the year

Sarah · 06/03/2016 at 19:28

Thoughts and suggestions on my team please!
Shaw Laird Bartel Weitering Brown Hartley-Adams Broad

Fyfe Ablett Sloane Rockliff Parker Libba Gresham Petracca- mathiewson,keays,macpherson

Natinui Gawn- cox

Martin Barlow Greene Billings Wells kerridge- amt kommer

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 19:39

Looks rock solid Sarah.

Nothing to fault really as it's just a matter of personal choices.

For instance I'd rather pay overs for Goldy rather than Shaw but that's just my own preference.

Sloanedog should be a huge POD for you for better or worse.

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 06/03/2016 at 20:31

H Sarah, my team is a bit similar ,I know your a Crows fan but you really need Danger instead if Sloane somehow, cheers

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2016 at 09:46

Looks like a great team. See u finally got laird in there and Smith has been shoved out. Two fwd breakouts could set u up very nicely if they fire. Not entering the danger zone?

Keenbutclueless · 06/03/2016 at 19:49

Hi Sarah. Feels like you have slightly weakened your Defence and mids to have a really strong forward line. Suggest downgrading either Greene or Billings, and turning either Sloane or Parker into Danger/Pendles. Then maybe can upgrade Weitering to stronger D4. Personally I think you can score more and grow cash quicker with rookies on fwd line rather than backline. I think Wells is good enough for F4. On the positive side, it's unusual for the sides posted on here to run so deep on the forward line, so is a good POD

Haych · 06/03/2016 at 19:52

Best forward under 187k?? I currently have Cox/Grimley and AMT on my bench and Menadue on the pine in the mids, need one more to sit at F6/F7… And also what's the latest with Petracca?? I'm not hearing a lot

Kev · 06/03/2016 at 19:55

Kerridge

Hawker · 06/03/2016 at 19:54

Tossing up Wells or Menzel Thoughts?

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 19:59

Wells is pretty close to a must have now for many coaches after delivering the goods yesterday.

Menzel looks a nice pick but is not quite on that lock level as I see it.

Adam · 07/03/2016 at 10:01

If Wells is fit Then pick him as he looked in first game however if he does bad in the next NAB cup game don't pick 'im and go Menzel

Haychh · 06/03/2016 at 20:02

I like both Gaff and Viney a lot, too much POD for one midfield??

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 20:09

You'll either be crowned a genius or recommended to an insane asylum if you start with BOTH Viney and Gaff in the middle.

Most coaches wouldn't have the plums to put their whole season on the line early with such a massive midfield premo difference to the rest of the pack.

But it's your team so if you really to want to get on both guys then go for it dude or dudette!

Aaron · 06/03/2016 at 20:20

I've got 435k in the bank looking for a POD in deffence. What you got for me community?

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 20:37

Michael Johnson looks to offer value. Has obviously had some recent injury issues but if he can stay on the park he should provide a nice POD down back.

Aaron · 06/03/2016 at 21:27

Thanks mate didn't think of him. What are your thoughts on Pittard?

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 21:45

A nice up and coming player but has struggled with consistency so far in his career. Had 10 games last season, i.e. half of his 20 games played, where he scored 75 or less which just isn't reliable production for mine so he could frustrate the bejesus out of you.

Still he can also go on hot patches too so perhaps pick him up midseason from the bargain bin when he bottoms out in pricing rather than starting with him.

Derek · 06/03/2016 at 21:06

Zac Dawson

Booma · 06/03/2016 at 22:59

For a bit of a smokey Easton Wood. Takes a lot of intercept marks & hits a lot of targets by foot.

ball swing · 07/03/2016 at 00:22

Ive got my paypal details if you wanna pass a few hundred gee my way.

wombatsfc · 07/03/2016 at 12:00

Here you go Aaron a list of POD defenders below 436k.POD meaning rarely sited in sides posted here.
    Johnson, Gilbert, Pittard, Ibbotson, Baguley, Fisher, Tuohy, Dempster, Grundy, Geary, Pearce, Saad, Rosa, Gwilt, Paparone, Henderson, Wright, Varcoe, Wellingham, Vlastuin, Sheppard, May, Duryea, Howe, Harbrow, Yarran

There's probably another 50 sub 400k, what you need to do is login to supercoach and click the 'Players' button then filter/sort by price

Tom · 06/03/2016 at 20:22

are people picking Gawn because they actually think he will average more than Martin or is it because he is 50k cheaper and more value for money?

Martin is an absolute jet and doesnt look like slowing down. Cant see him averaging less than Gawn

@MitchArnold95 · 06/03/2016 at 20:35

They'll average similar, but I reckon Gawn will at least equal Martin if not better him. For Martin to score big he usually needs to rack up a lot of touches. Gawn only had 10 today and scored over 110 which is a positive sign. In saying this, Gawn is in my side.

Tom · 06/03/2016 at 20:42

Look at how consistent Martin is though. Wouldnt worry about if he can rack up the possesions becuase he does it week in week out.

Paul · 06/03/2016 at 21:01

We saw what Gawn did last year with no pre-season and missed a chunk of the season before he ran out of gas at the end of the year. This year he's fit and firing from the start….he's going to go huge.

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 21:35

No question the Gawnster has put up his hand over the past fortnight. I was fairly settled on the GoldMart tandem but it's no lock for me anymore.

If I can really make good use of the savings elsewhere in the final selections I may just consider the bearded one for R2. Durability is really the only concern.

wombatsfc · 07/03/2016 at 11:51

Geez Tom, Martins 600k price and inconsistency is exactly why he's never been in my squad this year. The variance between his best and worst is enormous. If Lions want to give Archie some time, and they will, Steph will sulk and go back to his Melbourne ways. Remember Melb gave him away, didn't sell or swap him he was a gift. Steph can't cope with the prospect of upcoming ruckmen.
        Lots will disagree now but come September those who lose or don't make finals will lament ever having Martin in their sides

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 21:32

im going martin over gawn. simply because he is to agile for other ruckman. he will still score well against the likes of goldy, jacobs, sandi etc. Gawn will have the huge games against the lesser rucks but when he is up against these 3, i believe he will struggle as he depends so heavily on his rucking.

Blueprime · 07/03/2016 at 01:23

It is Martin and Naitanui for me. If either go down with a LTI I will look to pick up Goldstein. Have Sinclair forward as short term insurance. Using the extra dollars in the Mid. Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett, Priddis, Kennedy, Rockliff, Liberatore and Kerridge.

REn · 06/03/2016 at 20:24

Thoughts on Harwood?

poloko48 · 06/03/2016 at 20:26

Hi community, haven't really kept up with NAB cup so a little unsure on the rookies, here's my team atm, would welcome any feedback please:

DEF: Heater, Laird, JimmyB, MBrown, Hartley, SCollins, Bonner, KCollins
MID: Fyfe, GAJ, Priddis, JPK, Rocky, Libba, Parish, Kerridge, Gore, Freeman, TPhillips
RUC: Sauce, ZSmith, Naismith
FWD: Dusty, Zorks, Barlow, MJones, Wells, Petracca, Kommer, Grimley

Have $100K left in the kitty.

Eric_the_Red · 06/03/2016 at 20:33

Hey folks. Reckon running both Menzel and Wells at F4 and 5 is a waste of coin? Fwd line would be Martin, Zorko, Barlow, Menzel, Wells, Kerridge.

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 21:25

Not necessarily. If Menzel impresses again in NAB3 he'll be hard to leave out as the kid has talent to burn. Wells is already lockish for many if not most coaches after soaring through NAB2.

I probably won't be able to sneak Menzel in myself but he is certainly looking a viable selection right now. If Conca and De Goey also play well in their final hit out it's going to cause coaches plenty of headaches with tough choices to make in the forward line.

Although I guess that's a good problem to have so that we don't all have the same vanilla flavoured cookie cutter teams.

Cozza · 06/03/2016 at 21:36

I'm thinking about doing that as well. The main things I've been looking at is we want to have the top 10 forwards in our forward lines at the end of the year – I really doubt Wells or Menzel will fit that bill. Wells is a slim chance of it, but I'd be surprised. I'm a cats supporter, but can't see Menzel being consistent enough to be a keeper (although hope I'm wrong!). If they are not keepers, the next question is whether they will generate you enough cash to get to full premo as soon as possible. If they can get up to $450k that would be enough for me. I think they are both a chance of doing that, in which case I don;t think its such a bad move.

Dean · 06/03/2016 at 22:42

Very high risk having these mid priced players, its very rare for people to pick up a few mid priced players that go on and increase in value, most times they preform allot worse then expected and hemorage cash meaning you need to burn a trade allot sooner then expected. Also you really need to take into consideration that both Wells & Menzel are extremely injury prone.

The more mid priced players you own generally means you'll go through trades faster and lose both points & cash. Libba is the only exception, I think Wells is worth the risk but no others, especially if you have those high priced rookies like Mills, Parish, Francis, Dea, Hopper and so forth. I'm thinking of putting wells in but if I do then Mill's will go as I don't want more then 2 mid priced players.

Blakeyp · 07/03/2016 at 13:20

I do agree will what you are saying in relation to mid price players. But I do think this only pertains to 300k + players, not these 250k ones. With the change in the rookie price structure over the last few years being the good ones cost more the rules have slightly change. Just my opinion

Keenbutclueless · 06/03/2016 at 20:33

Good side. ballsy on the Zac Smith selection. Love the M Jones selection. Only advice would be to run only one of M Jones and Wells and use the 200k to upgrade to a mid priced D4.

Bottoms blues · 06/03/2016 at 20:38

Need some comments/opinions/criticism on my teams please

Version 1

Backs – Houli, laird, Bartel, Sheridan, tucker, bonner (Hartley, Collins)
Mids – Fyfe, danger, Ablett, rocky, libba, wells, parish, freeman (gore, Keyes, Mathieson)
Rucks – Martin, Gawn (cox)
Forwards – Martin, Zorko, Barlow, Merritt, kerridge, brown (McCarthy, petracca

30k left over

Version 2

Backs – Shaw, laird, Bartel, Sheridan, tucker, bonner (Collins, Hartley)
Mids – as above
Rucks – Nic Nat, Gawn (cox)
Forwards – Martin, Barlow, Merrett, Greene, Kerridge brown (petracca, McCarthy)

35k left over

Or any other suggestions someone can give me, rookies pending selection obviously

BKLS · 06/03/2016 at 21:04

v2 is better and not too bad, but you are at least 1/2 premiums short and have a very weak midfield, also for f3/4 consider jake stringer and aaron hall which would give you some coin to strengthen your undernourished mids. Wells could also be better utilised up front instead of wasting a valuable midfield spot

Bottoms blues · 06/03/2016 at 21:22

Ok so I took out Merrett and put wells there, took away Sheridan and put in weitering, move pendles into the midfield.
      Bad moves?

@MitchArnold95 · 06/03/2016 at 20:44

A unique selection but has potential to breakout this year. Has his days where he racks up the pill at will. Could be a great POD or burn you. Has averaged over 80 in a season before.

@grayson_lowee · 06/03/2016 at 20:55

Hey Jock, fantastic write up as always, i was wondering if you could tell me when your next cheat sheet will be coming out? interested to see whats changed for you after the nab cup.

Kev · 06/03/2016 at 21:13

Still one more week of nab mate. All teams will be lining up.

Aaaa · 06/03/2016 at 21:14

Which 2 ruckman:
Martin or gawn or nicnat

Jack · 06/03/2016 at 21:24

gawn and nic

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 06/03/2016 at 22:04

agree

Aaaa · 06/03/2016 at 22:17

Any reasoning or just coz of prices?

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 06/03/2016 at 22:24

As per a previous post, 695k for Goldy is huge,plus you look at his first 4 rounds, you can save 100k plus and use to upgrade elsewhere, but theres plenty of people who think otherwise , my opinion only

DuckingTigers · 06/03/2016 at 22:43

Check the byes and make a decision from there.

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 22:18

Poor ole Martin aint getting much love this weekend hey with the washed out game!

But human beings are usually prisoners of the moment so that could all change if he pumps out a monster next weekend or Big Maxy picks up another injury niggle.

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 06/03/2016 at 22:39

ha ha , your right the, highs & lows the ins & outs of fantasy football, be prepared for the unexpected

Holty · 06/03/2016 at 23:05

what are you expecting gawn and nicnat to average this season? Martin has backed up with back to back 110 seasons. For only the extra 40k, you are guaranteed of a 110 average over a hopeful 110 average. if though you think both gawn and nicnat will average that, select them for the savings.
    Martin and Gawn is who id pick.

Blueprime · 07/03/2016 at 01:34

Martin & Naitanui

Andrew · 06/03/2016 at 21:25

Hi guys love your opinion on this one.

Gawn + Sheriden (or someone 370k)
or
Sinclair/Smith + Bartel (or 500k def)

Thanks

@MitchArnold95 · 06/03/2016 at 22:07

Personally I'd say Gawn and Sheridan mate. Both are a lot more reliable.

Grahame Lebroy · 07/03/2016 at 09:12

Option 1 mate

wombatsfc · 07/03/2016 at 11:40

I don't like either option but of those players I'd have Gawn Bartel and Sheridan with Smith at R2.

Brent · 06/03/2016 at 21:37

Option 1: Fyfe, Goldstein, rookie (180k or less)
Option 2: C Ward, Gawn, Rioli
Option 3: Priddis, Jacobs, T Greene

Which is best option?

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 22:05

I'd go with 1 for a mega GnR strategy although I also like 3 as well for pure value.

Brent · 06/03/2016 at 23:18

Just think it's hard for goldy to ave 130 again….

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 23:34

You're probably right Brent but I don't think I have the stones to start without him.

Just don't want to miss out on another 221 type performance and North's first 9 games look pretty scrumptious.

james · 06/03/2016 at 22:05

Hawk · 06/03/2016 at 22:19

1 – need Goldy, not 100% sold on Fyfe, tossing up between him &Dangerfield

Brent · 06/03/2016 at 23:19

Yeah if danger goes 120 plus again I will def lock him in…dunno bout goldy yet…huge price

Blueprime · 07/03/2016 at 01:37

Hawks · 06/03/2016 at 22:14

Dangerfield & Jacobs
Or
Fyfe & Gawn?

'Don't Blush Babbie' · 06/03/2016 at 22:19

Fyfe & Gawn i have atm

DuckingTigers · 06/03/2016 at 22:41

Option two.

Blueprime · 07/03/2016 at 01:38

Shake n bake · 07/03/2016 at 10:47

Danger Gawn!

Cozza · 06/03/2016 at 22:19

Option 1: Dangerfield, HShaw with Menzel and Wells at F3 and F4; – means rookies (incl MBrown) from D3 onwards and and rookies after Wells in FWDs but only one rookie on field in mids; or
Option 2: BCrouch, C Mills, Dahlhaus, Rosa (d3), Sheridan (d4)

neil · 06/03/2016 at 22:31

please simplifyvery complicated

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 22:38

Crouch isn't looking so appetising atm and I'm not huge on either Rosa or Sheridan so opton 1 for me Cozza.

Rosa I have no interest in given his age and fragility averaging less than 15 games over the past 5 seasons. Sheridan I guess I could be seduced by if he tons up in NAB3 but I just have a feeling in the pit of my stomach that he could turn out to be one of those 'seemed like a good idea at the time' type of selections.

Cozza · 07/03/2016 at 11:55

Thanks SC – I'm leaning that way too. Also gives me 14 premos at the start instead of 13, so hopefully a cpl less trades to make during the year. Banking on my fwd and mid rookies making money fairly quickly though!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2016 at 23:06

Have rejigged my team to fit shaw in after his effort on Friday night. So now have room for one super rookie. Mills or Weithering. Would b at m7 or d4.

Thinking weithering as there seems to b less options in defence?

SCaddict · 06/03/2016 at 23:15

Yes the final rookie lay of the land and resulting team structure would play a big part in your decision making process.

But all things being equal I'd expect Mills to generate the most cash of these two plump little calves which should also factor in to the decision.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/03/2016 at 23:19

Thanks, yeah the coaches might take that decision out of our hands if neither make rd 1.
      If selected though i think u need one of them as can see them both outscoring the lesser priced rooks.

Blueprime · 07/03/2016 at 01:47

Parish is in a weaker team and will probably play more games and outscore both.

SCaddict · 07/03/2016 at 02:11

Yes he needs to be considered too but what he will score as a younster in a team that likely gets belted most weeks remains to be seen. He will make a chunk of cash without doubt but will he be the best pick as an onfield scoring rookie in the midfield is the question. Too expensive as a bench option I would think.

Only seen him against a p1ss weak Blues reserve team so far so will be keen to see if he can maintain that poise against a loaded Eagles side in NAB3 next week as that should be closer to reality for Dons players this season. If he can produce ok against that level of opposition then yes we'll all need to seriously look at him for M7/M8.

For not a single Don tonned up against the Cats which is bit of a red flag already although the Bombers were significantly depleted themselves admittedly.

Derek · 07/03/2016 at 09:38

one of my rules is to Not start with rookies from the good teams.

SCaddict · 07/03/2016 at 12:09

Yes it's usually a very good rule to follow as rookies rarely get opportunities in their first season at the better teams.

However there are always exceptions to any rule and with all the departures at the Swans last season there's a spot for Mills if he's good enough to take it. Just like there was a spot for Heeney when he was healthy who was on track to be one of the better rookie choices until he got hurt in Rd4.

Of course if there are cheaper better options elsewhere then we should pursue those instead so it should be a fascinating lead up to Rd 1.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2016 at 12:18

Yeah that is the gr8 unknown we don't know who is playing Rd 1 it is just best guess. If Gresham and mattheson don't get a gig then there will b frantic scrambling as they r just about in every team. Similarly petrecca we haven't sighted him yet yet he is in the 22 in most teams. He is on my bench as will probably start him even if he doesn't play Rd 1 as shouldn't b too far away unless it comes back he will miss the 1st 3-4 then he would b a trade in.

SCaddict · 07/03/2016 at 12:49

Absolutely Trigger. This has been one of the most frustrating preseasons fantasy wise in terms of players being held back. I guess the reduced interchange cap is partly to blame as teams want to ensure they tightly manage their personnel ahead of an even more demanding season.

But it's making the job of fantasy coaches a lot tougher and there will probably be more guess work than we'd like heading into Rd1 on players that have been barely sighted in the NAB if at all. Hopefully there are at least no more called of matches this weekend ha ha.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/03/2016 at 14:26

Yeah even though it was the right decision to call off the game yesterday it have us one less look at the rooks esp brissy.

Derek · 07/03/2016 at 09:37

i was thinking Wells or Simpkin etc: but i'm going with Weitering at F5, may not score as well as Wells, but i think the defence rookies are a worry this year.

Rod · 06/03/2016 at 23:29

Please rate my team. Any suggestions appreciated

Def: Houli, Laird, Sheridan, Weitering, M. Brown, Hartley ( Collins, Tucker)

Mids: Fyfe, Ablett, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Duncan, Libertore, Parich, Gresham, (Gore, Petracca, Mathieson)

Rucks: Goldstein, Gawn,(Wyatt)

Fwds: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Stringer, Kerridge, McCarthy, (Grimley, Tippa)

Dean · 06/03/2016 at 23:33

This is my side as of now. I keep saying every season, once I pick my premiums in my first team thats it I won't change them but every bloody year I continue to restructure my side over 50 times before the season proper starts.

Thoughts community will be appreciated.

DEF: Shaw, Laird, Simpson, C Byrne, Hartley, Brown (Collins, Bonner)
MID: Fyfe, Danger, GAJ, Priddis, Rocky, Libba, Menadue, Petracca (Gresham, Kerridge, Mathieson)
RUC: Goldy, Gawn (Wyatt)
FWD: Wingard, Gunston, Barlow, Wells, McCarthy, Hunt (Grimley, Adams)

Keenbutclueless · 06/03/2016 at 23:59

Nailed it. GnR to the hilt! Only thing to think about is whether you want Wells at F4 (hard to resist, I know) and three rookies in Defence, or to run a McDonald, Aish, Fantasia,Wilson at D4 instead so that you have 3 rooks forward and 2 rooks back. Agree that you might be slightly behind on points early, but the cash generation might be quicker, so you will make them up quickly and get to full premo quicker

Dean · 08/03/2016 at 00:17

Cheers mate, yeah I thought about putting a mid priced player in defence but every year the defence is always the hardest to find players that score you consistent 90+ The only player to date is Shaw that is a absolute GEM in defence but your paying for him, the other top priced defenders will struggle to score 90+ mark my word.

I personally think Rich will make top 10 Rookies this year as he is a midfielder but to get that extra $200k just screws up the rest of your team. The only other midfield defender I would consider at this stage is McKenzie in defence but still he is a extra $60k

Daniel · 07/03/2016 at 00:02

C Sinclair VS Lobbe VS Z Smith, who is the best choice for r2?

Swans2012 · 07/03/2016 at 07:24

I like Sinclair, could be valuable with his dpp as an f6-7 later in the season…..I'm expecting 90ish average (hoping)

uDonkey · 07/03/2016 at 00:04

If you had to pick Goldy and mid price R2. Who would be best suited in that price range as an R2.

By doing this option i can free up a lot of cash so mids will have 6 premo the likes of Fyfe, Danger, Abblett, Gray, Priddis, Rocky/Parker, Libba, Mills.

Thanks in Advance

SC_Beast · 07/03/2016 at 07:12

Tippet or Sinclair IMO

Swans2012 · 07/03/2016 at 07:23

I'm on Sinclair in the hope he can become a f6-7 backup/loopholer. He's ahead of Tippett for me basically only because of price. Becomes a keeper then and saves a trade….

neil · 07/03/2016 at 08:29

Don't do it.Go keepers in ruck Two of goldy steph gawn.,.. Ihad Sinclair last yr let me down tippet will rob him..If you go that way you will be left with weaker fwd and def cows to fatten slower… best cows are mids then get fallen prem and tere will be plenty remember zorko was 450000 at one stage last year

Swans2012 · 07/03/2016 at 09:37

Sinclair a year older and wiser, will get more time rucking with Tippett than he did with Naitanui, at least I think so. Been wrong before and will be again….

Best cows are traditionally mids, not convinced this year. Seems like youve got to spend too much for the quality mid rookies this year. Plenty of forward and back rooks popping up. I think cash gen won't be as much of a problem considering the sub rule is gone. Those 10-20's that destroyed rolling averages should hopefully be 40's.
      Just my take

wombatsfc · 07/03/2016 at 11:35

Zac Smith Donkey.
    112 from 70% game time against pies backed up by 105 from 50% game time against the cheetahs

Rob paz · 07/03/2016 at 01:03

Gawn or nic nat?

paul · 07/03/2016 at 08:37

im goin gawn. but nic nat is just as good of a bet

Derek · 07/03/2016 at 09:00

im going nic nat.

Gawn had a great year last year, not sure if he can do it again, especially in a bottom 8 team. Gawn is fully priced. NicNat is still yet to have his best year, waiting for him to be the best player. NicNats price is more likely to increase, better to get him now.

I'm starting with NicNat and Lobbe. Hoping to get some increase from lobbe and Goldy to decrease. But i'm not against a sideways move from nicNat to Goldy if he kills the first few weeks and Nicnat is off his game.

Rob paz · 07/03/2016 at 11:48

Im starting with goldy at R1 had lobbe but gone cold on him thinking gawn/nic nat currently got nic nat but seriously considering gawn

Deuce · 07/03/2016 at 11:15

They will avg about the same. Look at who u think will play the most games (I think Nic Nat).

Redgumwon · 07/03/2016 at 12:23

I'm going with both in the rucks

Shak · 07/03/2016 at 04:17

Thoughts on either Sam Mitchell or Andrew Gaff and why?
and also, thoughts on Shannon Hurn, now that he'll be used in his normal rebounding defensive position again?

neil · 07/03/2016 at 08:21

Mitchell is a great pod Gaff is also but gets a lot of easy ball not good for sc..Hurn is in the chasing pack similar to Yeo Sheridan Hall Robertson

Derek · 07/03/2016 at 08:55

i had sam last year from the start. He was frustrating as he sat on the bench for the last quarter alot and didn't turn his 100SC into 120+

Shak · 07/03/2016 at 16:57

Cheers lads!

neil · 07/03/2016 at 08:18

Given that Shaw laird Rance and Macdonald will not doubt be top 6 def and def rookies fatten slowest it puzzles me why scs are not loading def with proven def not smith bartel birchall Sheridan all wont be in even the top 10. You will have to trade them in… I am personally looking to go big d4 thoughts

nickvas · 07/03/2016 at 08:36

same. I am goong in with shaw, rance, laird and mcveigh

Derek · 07/03/2016 at 09:35

i'll get Mcveigh as an upgrade. He won't play the first few rounds

Derek · 07/03/2016 at 08:53

the hope of getting them a bit cheaper. i think they are all at the max price.

Holty · 07/03/2016 at 08:58

Same except im going with 3 and a midpricer who i believe will average 85+ by seasons end. Weitering is my m5. Bit harsh to say Bartel wont be top 10 though.

Derek · 07/03/2016 at 09:34

im same as you Holty.

Starting with: Shaw, laird, bartel, Rich, Weitering, Brown (Collins, Hartley)

Holty · 07/03/2016 at 10:24

lol. identical except taking the punt on jesse lonergan instead of rich.

neil · 07/03/2016 at 14:08

is bartel ur d4 I have weitering still not rite is there a mid to connect with bartel

magpie4ver · 07/03/2016 at 08:51

Is anyone considering Suckling?

Holty · 07/03/2016 at 10:31

not for me. he has only had one big year and that was 4 years ago.

Deuce · 07/03/2016 at 11:12

toyed with it but sticking with GnR

Deuce · 07/03/2016 at 11:09

Who will finish Top 6 in DEF & FWD?

Vchap · 07/03/2016 at 11:38

Im now considering z.smith instead of Lobbe is this smart?

Holty · 07/03/2016 at 11:40