NRL Supercoach.. WARNING!
Christmas is here!!! This is the big day!
Well, for Super Coaches anyway. The biggest NRL SC day of the year arrived on Tuesday and Super Coaches are now finalising their teams with all required information on hand before tonight.
With the high number of injuries and suspensions incurring over the pre-season, we have an abundance of cheapies on offer… Be careful!
There are a number of cheapies/rookies named that are only filling in for five weeks or less, so choose wisely. These players won’t be making you enough cash to be considered a viable option. Let’s take a look at these players.
Players that are likely covering an injury/suspension
- Greg Eden (Broncos) – CTW/FB $160.4k: Eden had a good showing at the World Club Challenge where he scored a try against Wigan. He’s been named on the wing in the round 1 Broncos side but is likely to lose his spot once Jack Reed returns from injury. Reed has now been named in the QLD Cup side which indicates that he’s not far from making his first grade return.
- Adam Elliott (Bulldogs) – 2RF $113.8k: The young second-rower signed with the Bulldogs for the 2016/17 seasons. Honestly, there’s not much to say about the bloke. He’s likely covering for Klemmer who will return from suspension in round 2. It’s probably safe to avoid him.
- Jack LittleJohn (Tigers) – HFB/FE $185.9k / Manaia Cherrington (Tigers) HOK 139.7k / Josh Aloiai (Tigers) – FRF/2RF $113.8K: LittleJohn makes his club debut in round 1 for the Tigers, but is only covering for Brooks until he returns from suspension in round 2. Cherrington will likely play 80 minutes for round 1, although Halatau will return suspension in round 2 while Ballin and Farah are aiming to return from knee injuries by round 6. Aloaia should also drop out of the side once the first choice hookers return. There’s probably no benefit in picking any of these round 1 starters.
- Nathan Davis (Titans) – CTW $113.8K / Leivaha Pulu (Titans) – FRF #113.8K: Both of these players have been named as likely fill-ins. Davis has been named at centre but should make way once Nene McDonald returns from knee injury (expected to be round 2). Pulu has been named on the Titans bench, although Luke Douglas returns from suspension the following round which should knock Pulu out of the side.
- Cody Walker (Souths) – FE/HFB $122.6K / Zane Musgrove (Souths) – FRF $113.8K: Walker has been named as Keary’s replacement who will return from suspension in round 2. Musgrave has been named on the bench, but will likely lose his spot once either George Burgess (suspension) or Tom Burgess (injury) returns. Neither are expected to make enough cash to warrant a selection in your starting side.
- David Bhana (Knights) – 2RF/HOK $113.8K / Lachlan Fitzgibbon (Knights) – 2RF $133.3K / Pat Mata’utia (Knights) – CTW $113.8K: The Knights have named a handful of debutants for their round 1 clash against the Titans, although the three mentioned players probably won’t last long enough to be considered viable cheapie options. Sione Mata’utia will return in round 2 which will likely force his brother Pat out of the side (awkward). Now the situation in the forwards is a little uncertain. Tariq Sims will be back in six weeks which should drop Fitzgibbon out of the side. That means Fitzgibbon may earn three price rises although his minutes are uncertain coming off the bench. Pick at your own risk. Bhana also falls into the uncertainty bucket, possibly repeating Halatau’s SC status of 2015.
- Siliva Havili (Dragons) – HOK $133.3K: Havili will likely drop out of the side once Frizell returns in round 2.
- Nathaniel Roache (Warriors) – FE/FB $113.8k: Roache has been named as Luke’s replacement and will probably only play 20-25 minutes max. Best to avoid.
Choose these players at your own risk. There’s nothing worse than selecting a cheapie that won’t make any significant money. When considering which bottom dollar players to run with, take a look who they’re filling in for and when they’re expected to return from injury/suspension. It’ll be the difference between making enough money for an upgrade and having to waste a trade.
What other players do you see as potential traps?