AFL Fantasy Supercoach 2016

Season 2016 is just around the bloody corner!

And things get a bit heated here at Jock Reynolds CoachKings Community central this week as we argue the merits of the halves we have to pick from this season.

• Cheapies all over the shop. Jackson Hastings, Ashley Taylor – along with the emergence of Rankin and Walker as cheapie options in the halves.
  • Benny Barba – can he lock in that crucial role at full back?
  • Shaun Johnson, Bryce Cartwright, DCE, The Great JT and stacks more.

Some important notes;

Casper · 16/02/2016 at 14:50

With the amount of cheapies in the halves there is no reason that you shouldn't lock Thurston in! He should be the first player picked. As long of you have cover come origin time there is no reason you shouldn't pick him. Shaun Johnson will drop, he always has a stretch where he throws up a heap of consecutive terrible scores. Maloney is too expensive in a new team….too risky. My halves at this moment are JT and Cartwright.

jockreynolds · 16/02/2016 at 15:02

Great insight there Casper. Crouching is here giving me a bloody I told you so as I type. Where is your thinking around DCE?

Casper · 16/02/2016 at 16:18

DCE is toughie, if he kicked goals he would be a lock! Not having a decent 5/8 outside him this year could impact his scoring in a negative or positive way!? If any coaches are keen on DCE no reason why you cant start both DCE and Thurston with 2 cheapies on the bench!!!! Just remember both will play origin which means you need some good cover!

Rex Gossip · 16/02/2016 at 16:43

You just settle down there Tiger!

Rex Gossip · 16/02/2016 at 16:44

Oh Crouching one!

Nate · 16/02/2016 at 17:30

DCE has a good draw and would be an excellent selection to partner JT. He will dominate sides. With big Taupau and BLAW running good lines, I can see him holding his own.

Hastings and Taylor the most secure rookies as Nikorama is pending on Pierces suspension and walkers first grade appearances is based on Clearys recovery

@wazznwez · 16/02/2016 at 15:50

Only a few spots left JR NRL SC #288587 …open to all followers of http://www.jockreynolds.com.au

@wazznwez · 16/02/2016 at 15:51

Thurston and Milford for mine Jock

Nate · 16/02/2016 at 17:16

Hi community- I finished 61st last year overall and IMO I think JT needs to be locked in. For the other halves spot- it depends if you want 2 gun fullbacks and 2 gun hookers. If you do, then you need to look at a Mbye type who averaged 50 odd last year and now gets the kicking duties. This would lift his average say 16 points per game and put him in the inlet echelon of halves.
If you want to put a rookie in hooker, then just lock in SJ and be done with it.
As for fullbacks- don’t be in a hurry to lock in RTS and teddy, have a look at GI and Slaters draw- there will be massive points there (roosters have a dud side for 6 weeks).

BillyBoy · 16/02/2016 at 19:13

Hey crazy ass Crouching man, I'm putting it out there – JT not in my team. I reckon I can get him cheaper. I'm spending big on Gallen and RTS and a few others and loading up on cheapies. My POD = Slater. thanks guys i found you today and already listened to the other two. Already looking forward to next week!

tommy · 16/02/2016 at 21:34

in my opinion you have to spend big in the forwards most consistent players who will get 60+ every week. the likes of rts, jt, gallen, or parker,and semi are far to expensive and we all can get them cheaper in the first couple of months.

Casper · 17/02/2016 at 10:28

Hey Tommy, if you are going for head to head then I agree, you can pick them off when they are cheaper. If you are going for overall however you need a heap of solid keepers to start with that will remain in your team for the whole year. Thurston is one of these! If you are going for overall and don't start him you will then find yourself trading like a mad bastard to get him in. And remember you have origin smack bang in the middle. He has averaged no less than 76 for the last 3 years. Too risky leaving him out! IMO

Hutto · 17/02/2016 at 04:51

I absolutely believe you can save a bundle in the halves through having 3 cheapies and 1 premo. Thursto, in my case. If smart about it, I think you can save coin, generate cash, set up vital swing-sets from the get go and you must always remember in NRL that the bench value i.e. high-scoring reserves is vital, so a few extra bucks spent on at least one high point-scoring reserve doesn’t hurt. I have so long wished that the NRL would go for the 17 man on-field plus nominated emergencies like AFL Supercoach does. It would IMO create more diversity in teams. Anyways Jock, team and community, are we ready for a team reveal blog/podcast yet? Loving being able to get advice on both comps this year. Thanks all for your hard work and invaluable advice. Bring on season 2016 and I hope to see Coach Kings up in Broome some day soon. Let me know if I can help spread the word!

NRL TALK FANATICS · 17/02/2016 at 11:27

Great work guys. If anyone looking for a real smokey in the halfs check out Aiden Sezer boys. With the cheapies on your bench a Sezer JT combo could be huge!

Casper · 18/02/2016 at 08:45

Only concern he will lose his kicking duties to Croker which brings his average down. I reckon you'd get similar points if not more out of Mbye who picks up the kicking duties this year and is 100k cheaper

Jim · 17/02/2016 at 23:35