POLL: $200K – $400K Ruck selections

Published by Jock on

Jock Reynolds Coach KingsEvery Father needs to issue his offspring with some stern words occasionally.

As the Father of Fantasy Sport in this beautiful nation, and as the leader of our proud community there are times when I need to take all of you aside for some home truths. This is one of those times.

Don’t get all worked up. There will be no fire and brimstone here today. Just let me draw you all close to my bosom for a few words.

3 TICKETS UP FOR GRABS FOR OUR INVITE ONLY COACHKINGS LAUNCH! CLICK HERE, LIKE OUR COACHKINGS FACEBOOK PAGE AND TAG YOUR MATES TO BE IN THE MIX!

I’m concerned about how many of you are approaching your ruck divisions. I’m seeing a trend which has me worried. Didn’t bloody sleep last night. You see – if you stuff your ruck division.. you can put a line through the 2016 season. It’s that simple.

I’m not as concerned about most of your R1 selections. I’m more worried about your R2’s. It’s always been my opinion that BOTH big bastards you slot into BOTH of your on field ruck slots need to be tried and tested. Clear #1 primary rucks at their respective teams. Durable. Consistent. Not necessarily a standout point scoring monolith. Just reliable and consistent.

Because let me tell you. A dodgy speculative R2 selection is a one way ticket to a season of disaster. Every trade you burn trying to fix a stuffed ruck division is a trade that could otherwise have been used to get your team to full premium before your competitors.

I’m not asking you not to look for value my beautiful community. I’m asking you to select 2 rucks who you are comfortable sitting there for the whole season.

Does Lobbe fit the bill here? Probably does. But I pray to the Fantasy Gods that you have him penned in at R2.

I’ll be by my computer here watching this poll unfold. You can select 2 of these mid pricers in the poll. For the sake of your fantasy season.. I hope you select 1. If you’re selecting 2 I hope you’re looking at your second on the bench for depth.

I love you all.

Jock Reynolds.

Which of these $200K - $400K rucks (pick max of 2) will you select IN YOUR RUCK LINE this season? (Do not select if you are selecting one of the DPPs in your FWD or DEF lines)

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

CLICK HERE FOR THE PREMIUM RUCK POLL WITH THE CROUCHING ONE

Stiffy · 13/02/2016 at 13:27

Surely Lobbe will be in just about everyone's teams unless they are going double premo in the ruck?

Howeydamus · 13/02/2016 at 13:33

You’d think so. Leunberger I’d still way away from
    I’m going the blicsavs and lobbe

Howeydamus · 13/02/2016 at 13:33

*stay away from

Peter56 · 13/02/2016 at 19:35

You are the first person to say that. That has been my choice from the start.

jockreynolds · 13/02/2016 at 13:41

Agree mate.. a very very solid option at R2

Mallee Boy · 14/02/2016 at 12:03

Stiffy! Double promo for me – Martin & Jacobs

BarronVonCrow · 13/02/2016 at 13:30

Matty Lobbe is the obvious one, but for my 2nd choice I went with Jonathan Ceglar. Bit of an interesting choice now that Roughy is out and Hale has retired. Won't pick him, but I think he'll have a good year.

If you wanted to go cheap in the rucks (not that I recommend it!), pairing Lobbe up with Ceglar, or someone like Scott Lycett would be the way i'd go.

jockreynolds · 13/02/2016 at 13:41

Very fine line isn't it Baz. At this stage I'm Goldmember (although he's in and out daily) and Gawn. Max Gawn.

BarronVonCrow · 13/02/2016 at 15:10

It's tough to pick this year, especially if you don't pick Goldstein. The biggest problem I have is he was head and shoulders above every other ruckman last year that if you don't pick him, it almost locks you into a 1 Premo – 1 midprice situation so he's still an option. Basically if you go set and forget ruck you almost have to pony up the massive cash for Goldstein.

Say I went with Stefan Martin and Max Gawn this year. Both cost between $550K-$600K, so provided they're healthy I'll want them locked into my side all year. So I'm basically locking myself into a situation where I'm not going to bring Goldy in, because if I do then I'm using cash and trades to trade premium for premium, which is something you ideally don't want to do. Goldy is 20 points above the next best ruckman though, so at least if i go 1 premo/1 midpricer I've still got Goldstein locked in as a upgrade target and I'm doing the right thing by upgrading rookie/mid-pricers into premium players.

There's no right way to go I guess, unless you just lock in Goldy/Martin/NicNat/Gawn right from the start, but geez is it tough fitting that into the salary cap. Taking the extra $300K and moving from Goldy down to Lobbe and spreading that around is a big help.

Anthony 'Braveheart' Cohen · 13/02/2016 at 15:28

Great to see my thought process is matched by you! It hurts me to pay so much for Goldy but as you said, when your talking about the huge difference in avg scoring between top pick & 2nd top, there’s really only one option…lock in Goldy now! It this stage I’m going Lobbe R2. Then a DPP rookie at R3.

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 17:26

I agree. Goldy is expensive and will not go any higher and probably fall in price at some point. He has tough first 4 games, then an easy run of 6 games. I believe he is a must but the cash can be used elsewhere to generate the points you may miss by not having him. It’s all about getting points for your dollars early on.

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 17:28

I wouldn’t be against a sideways move in round 4 or 5. Might be a massive Shark move!

LuskinStar · 13/02/2016 at 18:38

Thats the problem, the run of 6 games 'easy' games. He will get 1 or 2 drops then start to climb. Will you be able to afford him before round 5? Unlikely. Take him now.

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 19:30

Goldy migh drop $60k. Lobbe might go up $60k. I’ll need $180k increase from a cash cow. In first 4 weeks, won’t happen.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 13/02/2016 at 18:18

Thinking along similar lines jock. My current team has goldy and martin. Massive spend but proven SC Gold. But no crouch. If crouch fires in Nab cup thinking of going goldy down to gawn and a rookie up to crouch in the middle. As crouch i think has to b in if fit. I had lobbe in for a while but can’t see him getting back to his best as was dropped last year and with the new scoring for rucks this had a big impact on his SC scores so think I will go with the two young guns who can run all day, tackle like men possessed and give their on ballers first use.

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 19:37

That’s the reason not to spend big. If you have Lobbe instead of Goldy, I agree that you will miss 20-40 pts, however that $300k can be spent elsewhere and easily earn 40 pts plus.

As the season goes, team values increase, the $ to Points ratio falls and this is when you need to go all premium.

Benjamima Puddleduck · 14/02/2016 at 00:07

'I will go with the two young guns who can run all day, tackle like men possessed and give their on ballers first use. '

Best comment i have seen on this thread, your a smart chappy

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 19:33

The 3 that fit the bill are goldy, stef and gawn after a big pre season. I have excluded blicavs as he can run all day but not sure what his role will be? In NAB we trust.

Zane · 13/02/2016 at 19:07

So you were one of the other 5 people that went cegs but you aren’t picking him, talk about a pod I like it

OldOcker · 13/02/2016 at 13:32

Still too early to lock anyone into my team as far as rucks are concerned.
I have Lycett in fwd line with Lobbe number 2 and Sam Grimley on the bench atm.
By no means is anyone locked.

Great advice from the Father of Fantasy.

OldOcker · 13/02/2016 at 13:34

Will be interesting to see who gets the main Ruck role at Geelong now that they have got Zac Smith.

jockreynolds · 13/02/2016 at 13:39

Absolutely. Interesting to see how they'll use young Blicavs as well!

Peter56 · 13/02/2016 at 19:42

I have got Blicsavs and Lobbe as my ruck. gives me options to swing Blicsave into the forward line and upgrade to Goldy or upgrade Lobbe to him.

@Seekersupacoach · 15/02/2016 at 12:44

Peter just so you know: Blicavs is Ruck/Mid DPP, not Ruck/Fwd

Mac · 13/02/2016 at 13:35

G'day Jock! What did you think of Fantasia?

jockreynolds · 13/02/2016 at 13:39

Gday there Mac. In a word. Impressed. I think you have a real claim here. In my team as I type

Gaveday · 13/02/2016 at 13:49

Boys- Fantasia and Plowman have been in and out of my team. Have you considered that latter?

Mac · 13/02/2016 at 14:23

G'day Jock, wouldn't mind having a looking at your team, and all the boys teams in fact! Thoughts on doing a team reveal soonish?

Mac · 13/02/2016 at 14:25

Jock check your twitter mate

Zane · 13/02/2016 at 19:09

Dam that was the one guy I was keeping to myself all well just validates my thought process so fantasia is becoming a reality

mikeyboy1990 · 13/02/2016 at 13:45

I'm kind of new to this guys, but if I recall you use to have cheat sheets….are you still doing them ?

Shak · 13/02/2016 at 13:50

cheat sheets don't usually start getting put out till the nab challenge matches are underway

Shak · 13/02/2016 at 13:49

Thoughts on Vince and or Gaff as potential POD's this season?

wombatsfc · 13/02/2016 at 14:03

No half price bargains in the ruck for me this year Jock even if Lobbe shows during NAB that his 1 reasonable season years ago wasn't just a flash in the pan.

As per usual your advice is 100% correct and this year BOTH starting rucks should be keepers. We have 3 mid-priced gun mids to satisfy our madness cravings so there's no need to go nuts in the ruck as well.

@emhoy · 13/02/2016 at 14:04

I think lobbe is fools gold he has only ever played a full season once, if he was low $300K I might consider him but nudging $400K i would rather spend the extra cash and lock in Nit Nat, Jacobs or Martin if you can afford him and Goldy. I currently have Goldy and Nit Nat.

Vinnie · 13/02/2016 at 14:08

Blicavs and Sinclair for me. Could’ve picked Lycett also. Cox on the bench.

Grahame Lebroy · 13/02/2016 at 14:12

What about Kruuuzzzz?? Meant to be having his best pre season. Although he has burnt me before

DuckingTigers · 13/02/2016 at 19:43

When it comes to Kreuzer, think "Titanic".

Grahame Lebroy · 13/02/2016 at 14:15

*Kreuz

TJM · 13/02/2016 at 14:37

Nic Nat, Devon Smith and a rookie or Lobbe, Dahlhaus, Simpkin?

Top Hawk · 13/02/2016 at 15:20

Could you afford Nic Nat, (r1) Lobbe (r2), Dahlhaus, and Simpkin? Then that covers 4 out of 6 players. I would go for that.

TJM · 13/02/2016 at 16:19

I want to keep Goldy at R1 though.

Top Hawk · 13/02/2016 at 18:09

Then it would have to be Lobbe, Dahlhaus and Simpkin. By spending 695K on Goldy, you will need to be frugile with the rest of your ruck and spend the enough on your midfield. Cheers

Top Hawk · 13/02/2016 at 15:03

In order, which Sydney midfielder is the best pick? (JPK, Hannebery, Mitchell and Parker) Take into consideration player price and any player injury issues.

Stiffy · 13/02/2016 at 15:11

I think Kennedy and Hanners are super durable, then again so was Parker until he had a head clash. I think teams will tag Hanners. I like JPK

Top Hawk · 13/02/2016 at 15:27

Thanks Stiffy. I also like Luke Parker. At $538K he is very nicely priced. JPK is good value at $594K, but Hanners is pricey at $617K and like you say could be a tag target. Mitchell at $563K is a bit of a risk IMO. Although, he is apparently training the track down. Luke Parker is an absolute gun. His headclash derailed his 2015 season. If fully fit, has a solid NAB cup, and with a 538K pricetag, he is a very tempting POD option for my midfield.

Cheers

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 17:32

JPK is a stoppage beast. He appears from nowhere and gets a little handball and just keeps racking up points.

Has been in my team for past 3 years. No complaints.

Top Hawk · 13/02/2016 at 18:13

I agree Derek. I am tossing up between JPK and Parker. I have just enough cash to slot in JPK, but an extra 56K could come in very handy in strengthening another line. An in form Parker is capable of racking up consistent big scores. I will watch them both during the NAB cup matches. If I am not 100% convinced in Parker, then I won't risk it. Will play JPK.

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 19:41

I have JPK in the top 8 mids. Parker is on the next level with Sloane, Lewis, Gray etc. I only want top 8 in my team.

Billys Ex · 14/02/2016 at 10:43

I think Gray will be Top 8

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 19:09

Agree he’s in my team

TRIGGER HAPPY · 13/02/2016 at 22:17

Been tossing up with JPK but pretty hard to pass up so if he is good enough for u he’s in πŸ™‚

Top Hawk · 13/02/2016 at 15:36

Jackson · 13/02/2016 at 17:15

There's not much in it but I'd say
    1.JPK 2.Hannebery 3.Parker 4.Mitchell
    But in DT Mitchell would be number 1, like I said there's nothing in it

steve · 13/02/2016 at 15:54

het guys, pommy question, why cant you go nick nat and sinclair and upgrade, or do they not make enough money…….?

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 19:43

Takes extra trades. They become very valuable, so don’t want to waste them

TJM · 13/02/2016 at 16:18

Thoughts on Bont, Armitage and Beams?

CoachDamo · 13/02/2016 at 16:49

I think Beams is a good option, although it'd be nice to see if he has fully recovered after his shoulder issues late last year. The Bont seems too expensive, especially given that the likes of Rockliff, Parker, Adams and Wines are available at lower prices.

Stirlsy · 14/02/2016 at 08:22

Beams is super consistent and im not seeing him in many teams, agree with Damo have to have a look how that shoulder looks when he steps out in NAB hasn't been involved in any of lions 3 intra club practice games.

Secret Stiffy Stuff · 14/02/2016 at 10:47

Bonts young, Armitage would be in and out and done in mere minutes, whilst Beams is the quiet type who would surprise you with late night girth…

Jackson · 13/02/2016 at 17:21

Gday Jock, I'm not one to question my elders but you say our R2 must be consistent and durable (excellent advice) but then you say you have Max Gawn there who has never played more than a dozen games in a season. Through all your wisdom do you know something about the lad that we don't? FWIW if you're talking about consistency and durability for you're ruckman I reckon Goldie & Jacobs pick themselves.

jockreynolds · 13/02/2016 at 17:42

Gday there Jackson! Fantastic observation son – I commend you for stepping up and asking the question. I eyeballed Max in the back end of last season and I'm extremly rigid on him. Melbourne saw enough as well to lock him away in August till 2018. Something very special. Yes – he's had knee dramas. And he's in and out of my team because of that. But I see Goldstein like output from this bloke.

DuckingTigers · 13/02/2016 at 20:10

Jackson, after he was given a fitness lesson by Goldstein last year he apparently vowed he would take his fitness to a new level in 2016. By all accounts this has been achieved. He's locked for me.

Grahame Lebroy · 14/02/2016 at 09:11

Being a long suffering Dees fan I hope your right. But its a big spend on a bloke with his injury history. Hasn’t played more than 13 games a season in 4 yrs.

Stiffy · 13/02/2016 at 17:22

lachie neale anyone?

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 17:34

I’ve got Fyfe and Barlow. Too much purple already

Stiffy · 13/02/2016 at 17:44

I don't have Fyfe at this point in time, trying to squeeze him in but that would mean downgrading Simpkin and upgrading Priddis and I don't know if thats worth it.

Keenbutclueless · 13/02/2016 at 17:36

The other comment I would make about Lobbe potentially being fools gold is that he made his 100 average in 2014 BEFORE they changed the scoring system for ruck men. So would that 100 average in 2014 stack upon 2015. Also, look at his games last year when Ryder didn’t play. Mediocre at best.

LEKD0G · 13/02/2016 at 17:40

Goldy R1, probably Martin R2 but currently tinkering with Lobbe at R2 and Leuey at F4

Stiffy · 13/02/2016 at 17:44

G'day Lek! With Martin at r2 does that mean you went light on other lines? Whats your team look like thus far?

LEKD0G · 13/02/2016 at 17:51

Big rucks, big mids, very little at the book ends

SCaddict · 14/02/2016 at 23:31

Sounds like we have very similar teams Lek in terms of structure if not personnel.

I was the other way with the rucks, initially having Martin at R1 and Lobbe at R2 with Leuey up forward. But now coming around to the Goldy Martin 'power couple'.

Whilst Goldy will be significantly cheaper at some point during the season I'm not sure I want to miss out on North's great early draw so I may just shell out the extra coin for him upfront and be done with it. I generally refuse to pay overs for anyone but with Goldy I just might make that exception damn it!

Keenbutclueless · 13/02/2016 at 17:58

I know Lek’s team will be more interesting, and we will see it in his team reveal (hopefully), but to help answer your question, you can still put together a good team with Goldy and Martin. I have 2 versions – with and without Crouch. Even with Libba and Crouch, I think this is still strong

Def. shaw, Macmillan, rampe, Aish, Byrne, Hartley (Collins, broad)
      Mid. Danger, Ablett, gray, rocky, Adams, Libba, crouch, Cunningham (Keays, Mathewson, Davis)
      Ruck. Goldy, Martin (wyatt)
      Fwd. Martin, dahlhaus, Tippett, kerridge, petracca, grimly, (brown, galluci)

Still with 40k cash.

Yes, it relies on Aish at F4, and needs the lower price rookies to perform. But I am still only running 6 on field, have depth in my mids and 3 keepers (imo) on both def and fwd lines.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 13/02/2016 at 18:29

Geez same starting 8 in mids and same rucks then we differ on the other lines. πŸ™‚

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 19:50

Except for rookies, we only have 4 the same. Great minds don’t think alike πŸ˜‰

Keenbutclueless · 13/02/2016 at 20:19

I know we end up with different people, but I look out for your posts because your thought processes are solid.

Patch · 13/02/2016 at 20:00

Tippett's one bloke I've got my eye very firmly on, Keen. Not sure on the backline, and but the rest of that is looking rock solid mate.

Keenbutclueless · 13/02/2016 at 20:15

Thanks Patch. It was KK and Bartel instead of Macmillan and Rampe. Had a real close look at Macmillan and his second half of 2015 was arousing. Rampe is a bit of a gut feel because he is in prime breakout territory.

Kevin Skywalker · 15/02/2016 at 21:02

Quite like Rampe with Shaw Gone

Kevin Skywalker · 15/02/2016 at 20:58

Initially I was considering Sinclair either as R2 or F3 but already think the swans will continue to use Tippett about 50% of the time in ruck and for Sinclair to be truly relevant he needs to be the one out ruck

@lewiswgrant · 17/02/2016 at 19:12

They (Goldy/Martin) both have the same bye round…

Frank Sinatra · 13/02/2016 at 17:59

Hi guys. I’d like some thoughts on my team and some opinions on these risky players: Dale Thomas. Rich, Gibbs, Greene, Malceski

Def: Bartel, Yeo, Rich, Malceski, Hartley, Brown///Bonner,rice
Mid: Ablett. Pendlebury, Josh Kennedy, Rockliff, Gibbs, liberators, Kerridge, Keays// Cunningham, Rookie rookie
Ruck: Jacobs, Lobbe/// Cox
Forward: Martin, Barlow, Franklin, Greene, Bird, Dale thomas/// Petracca, Rookie

Jackson · 13/02/2016 at 18:55

Hi Frank very solid team buddy, the only picks I'd question are the 5 you've mentioned
    Thomas: Unless he tears the NAB a new one, I'd downgrade him to rookie. (That way you can get Petracca on field too)
    Rich: 50/50. Only has to ave 90 to be a solid pick which he has done before
    Gibbs: No…Id use the $ on Thomas to upgrade him to a guaranteed premium midfielder
    Greene: I'm not sold, although many are.
    Malceski: See Rich.

Deadly · 15/02/2016 at 10:32

Don't listen to them Frank, do it your way.

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 19:53

I’m warming to having Rich as my D4. Genuine midfielder who has DEF status. Not sure if he is D3 material (Keeper)

Vinny · 13/02/2016 at 18:00

Current Team:
SHAW, MACMILLAN, YEO, MALCESKI, HARTLEY, M.BROWN (WAGNER, FRANCIS)

DANGER, PENDLES, GAJ, WINES, LIBBA, CROWLEY, PARISH, GRESHAM (CUNICO, MATHIESON, PETRACCA)

GOLDSTEIN, NICNAT (COX)

RIOLI, HARVEY, FRANKLIN, STRINGER, CURNOW, KERRIDGE (SUMNER, KOMMER)

56k LEFT
WOULD LIKE SOME ADVICE ON THE RUCKS, ONLY WENT WITH THEM BECAUSE NOT SATISIFED WITH LOBBE OR LEUEY.
The forwards are bit lesser premiums but Harveys average of 90 was majorly affected by a few sub games and now that, that is gone watch out. Also his teammate macmillan is another smokey of mine, i think only aged 22 due for a big year, especially watching him in the NMFC vs RICH last home and away season game. Anyways would appreciate advice, mainly the rucks though, thanks Vinny πŸ™‚

Jackson · 13/02/2016 at 19:06

Your rucks are good Vinny, not much to worry about there.
    MacMillan could make or break you, very highly rated but has never played a full season.
    Crowley is interesting. If he escapes the tagging role he could have Liam Picken like year
    An average of 90 for a player of Harvey's age is extraordinary. Hear what you're saying about sub but I don't nesscarily think his tog will go up because of it.
    Stringer could make or break you too depending on how much midfield time he sees, no question about his ability.

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 19:56

Rioli is a shark move. Love it

DuckingTigers · 13/02/2016 at 20:20

Twang.

JSS · 13/02/2016 at 18:10

Hi jock thoughts on my team at the moment
Bartel yeo smith Malceski m.brown bonner: rice k.collins
Pendles Ablett JPK Rockliff wines Libba crouch parish: keays hibberd j.beech
Saudi lobbe: nyoun
Zorko wingard Barlow T.Greene C.Ah Chee petracca: kerridge kommer

Bobby · 13/02/2016 at 18:19

I'm honestly torn wether spending big on the rucks is good or not. Community, HELP ME!!!

Patch · 13/02/2016 at 20:01

Saves you a massive pain in the neck later, Bobby. The value is mostly fool's gold. Lobbe is worth a look but beyond that I'm having none of it in my ruck line.

Dean · 18/02/2016 at 21:13

I agree I had Goldy & Lobbe at first, then got rid of Lobbe and put in Nic Nat but I am sticking with two Premo's in my Ruck in Goldy & Blicvas – or Goldy & Martin Granted Goldy will not go up in price however when you look into Goldy's statistic's last year, such as: Goldy's 2015 SC score's: 100, 154, 110, 154, 92, 100, 98, 44, 134, 128, 136, 150, 148, 140, 221, 127, 164, 155, 122, 116, 102 Goldy had 13 games where he scored 120+ Goldy had 3 games that were sub 100 and in two of those he scored 92 & 98 so basically only the one game under 100 – Goldy lock and FORGET
      I think those that start without him will play catch up, he has quite a few early games and having the VC on him will be a massive bonus when he goes huge.

Glenn Barclay · 13/02/2016 at 18:26

I couldn't vote as there wasn't a "None" option

toppa01 · 13/02/2016 at 18:35

Lobbe is locked but u think about minson?

Northernsoul74 · 14/02/2016 at 12:55

Ruck position up in the air at the doggies. Still no clear indication whether Minson, Campbell, or Roughead will start. Yesterday's intra club didn't clarify anything either.

Bobby · 13/02/2016 at 18:37

Anyone like Aish? Here he is going to play more mid time this year?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 19:12

Nab watch along with a host of other defenders to see who is real and who r a tease

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 23:00

Aish is on my radar. Let's see what he can produce in NAB cup. He seems happy at his new club.

Kev · 13/02/2016 at 18:37

Love your words of wisdom, Jock. Gave me a good kick up the backside! I’ve been blinded by Lobbe’s price without doing research on the bloke. Rookie mistake. His ruck solo year had 3 massive scores that skewed his average a bit (178, 150, 145), remove those and his average drops to 91.3 (from 100.8).

I’m confident that he won’t get much lower, but a significant amount of $$ will be required to turn him into a top 5 ruck. Ahhh, decisions!

Josh · 13/02/2016 at 19:09

Although if you take away his bottom three, you get an average of 106. it just depends at how you look at it

Jackson · 13/02/2016 at 21:45

You mean this guy has a ceiling of 178? I'm in!!!

Derek · 13/02/2016 at 20:01

If anyone is going with Jacobes, I suggest you slot in Lowden at F3 as some security.

Shaneo · 14/02/2016 at 00:15

Why ? Jacobs plays week in week out

Derek · 14/02/2016 at 06:23

Just in case he misses a game. Lowden will play.

Basil · 13/02/2016 at 20:09

Billings being cormpared to pendles in an article I just read

Basil · 13/02/2016 at 20:11

Apparently dominated the saints intraclub, Rolls Royce in a pack of Toyotas was also said

Greg · 13/02/2016 at 20:12

Wells apparently dominated Roos intraclub

Stiffy · 13/02/2016 at 20:17

Shaw, KK, Yeo, Smith, Hartley, Brown (ESS), Broad, Collins (FRE)
Ablett, Pendles, Priddis, Shiel, Rockliff, Libba, Hopper, Gresham, Keays, Mathieson, Cuningham
Goldstein, Lobbe, Wyatt
Martin, Dahlhaus, Barlow, Simpkin, Kerridge, Petracca, Grimley, Skinner

12k in the bank.

I can't bring myself to not start with Goldy. There is no way rookies will increase enough in cash by the time Goldy gets to his easier opponents and starts rising again, so I'm starting with him. Not too sure on Shaw at the moment with his pricetag. I think he may get tagged by a defensive forward this year as last year his output was so damaging. Thinking maybe dropping Shaw for a risky Aish pick which free's up plenty of cash for the likes of Crouch or even upgrading a Priddis to Fyfe.

Thoughts?

Tophawk · 13/02/2016 at 22:12

Hi Stiffy,

I am not starting with Goldy. I am not prepared to spend 7% of my salary cap on one player when you have to pick another 29.

The probability is likely that Goldy will drop in price. By starting Nic Nat or Blicavs instead, you are in fair price range. Even if Goldy outscores either these two guys by 30-40 SC points per game in the early rounds, the 130K strategically invested on other lines is not only likely to offset the Goldy points lost, but put you ahead scoring wise, with player point gains on other lines.

Stiffy · 14/02/2016 at 09:21

G'day Tophawk, how do you plan on getting Goldy then?

Dean · 18/02/2016 at 21:31

Agree those who chose to start without Goldy will be playing catch up PERIOD.
    Goldy will not go up in price thats almost a certainty, he most likely may drop to around $650k however that being said no other ruck will come close to him.

I think those that start without him will play catch up, he has quite a few early games and having the VC on him will be a massive bonus when he goes huge, a must have regardless of his price.

He almost needs the same attention that GAJ had prior to his injury, even if GAJ was $1 Million prior to his injury still 75% will pay it and Goldy really needs to be looked at in the same way in my opinion if you are serious about SC, I think he will end up taking several Captain scores.

neil · 13/02/2016 at 20:42

cant make up my mind danger and eric Mackenzie or greene and yeo same money thoughts.new league 603504 top league last year good competition thx

Kev · 13/02/2016 at 21:14

Don’t understand the fuss over EMac. Average midpricer. A 117k rookie will average the same

neil · 13/02/2016 at 21:18

best and fairest 2014 before doing his leg but would you sacrifice an absolute gun in danger for yeo and green tempting

Jackson · 13/02/2016 at 21:50

Can we choose Danger + Brown (ESS) + 125k instead? I think Kev is rating him from a SC perspective, not as a player

Northerner · 13/02/2016 at 23:51

I've gone 2 premo rucks – Goldie-Gawn (wasn't she married to Kurt Russell?!). Picked up Gawn last year as a FWD after his first game and he delivered. Hear he's built a bigger tank over summer. I'm also going Rhys Stanley at F4 – hoping he'll catch his early season form from last year. For R3 I've decided to go with the GCS DPP rookie Loersch – he's 102k, and the SUNS play no Friday night games, so he can be the captain's loophole all year. The other 102k DPP is a Pie and they play too many Friday night and early Sat games. Worth a thought.

Depending on how Grimley goes in NAB, I may also pick him up at F8, for additional coverage/flexibility.

SCaddict · 14/02/2016 at 01:56

Yep there is nothing worse than a R2 toothache to make your life a complete misery. It just nags at you more and more as the weeks go by.

I started with TBC at R2 last season and crikey was that an experience to rival root canal!

Took forever before I finally had the opportunity to pluck that Bomber [email protected] out and get some Blicavs pain relief but by then the damage had already been done to both my ranking and leagues.

So a lock and loaded ruck division is certainly worth considering if you can stomach budget cuts elsewhere in your side.

Derek · 14/02/2016 at 06:31

I started with TBC last year. I still have sleepless nights. I was able to get rid of him round 6 and traded in Jacobes about $100k cheaper than is starting price.

SCaddict · 14/02/2016 at 16:44

You did well to offload him by then. Other injuries and rookie priorities forced me to carry the bugger another 2 or 3 weeks.

@t_woof · 14/02/2016 at 15:19

Agree Addict. TBC after round 1 was hell. Took forever to get him out due to other problems – Rockliff, Ablett, Sloane injuries.

SCaddict · 14/02/2016 at 16:41

Yes I walked into all those disasters too plus Parker so had to put up with TBC for around 8 or 9 weeks of R2 suckiness.

Of course the previous season Sandi excelled as a budget R2 (who had a terrible injury track record with turf toe at that time) so you never really know how it's all going to pan out each time.

But after last year's fiasco I'm definitely giving strong consideration to going with 2 elite 'set and forget' rucks even if it means paying likely overs for Goldie.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 19:20

Agree once u started with him with all the mids falling he just had to stay in the team was harder to move than an Alabama tick (thanks predator). Finally off loaded him for goldy at goldys lowest price before he went on a SC blitz that will b talked about in years to come. Never again not skimping in the rucks still got the burns so it is set and forget all the way this year.

Dean Billman · 14/02/2016 at 03:38

Sam Jacobs or Stef Martin? Jacobs has been really solid the last few years, but Martin is shaping up to be the next premier ruckman of the game…
Goldy already locked at R1.

Kev · 14/02/2016 at 09:33

If you have the coin then Stef is your man.

Nate · 14/02/2016 at 08:32

Fellow community members- do you think this balance will be competitive this year? Obviously rookies are subject to change)

DEF: KK, Yeo, Smith, Dureya, Byrne, Collins (Collins, Brown)

MID: Fyfe, Penndlebury, Abblett, Rockcliff, Wines, Libba, Crouch, Gresham (Petracca, Cunningham, Keays)

RUCK: Goldy, Lobbe (Grimely)

FWD: Barlow, Franklin, Greene, Bird, Wells, Kedridge (Kommer, Adams)

Kev · 14/02/2016 at 09:31

Nice looking team, Nate, especially your mids. Duryea is an interesting one. While he improved his average by 12 from last year he gets a lot of uncontested possessions and cheap marks. Great for AFL Fantasy, not so much supercoach. Imo he won’t reach that 90 average you want from defenders

Nate · 14/02/2016 at 09:48

Any suggestions on who to replace him with around the same price bracket? Maybe a Rich type?

Mac · 14/02/2016 at 09:51

I'm considering the Rich/Duryea type and the more I think about it, the more I like Rich as that rebounding defender who can go into the guts. Have you considered a Seedsman/Aish type of selection?

Nate · 14/02/2016 at 10:21

I find it hard to have 2 crows in defence. But Aish does look ok actually now that I think about it and he fits in nicely to my side- thanks Mac- champion

Nate · 14/02/2016 at 12:45

Hey Mac- I’ve downgraded Duryea to Aish and now have Goldy and Martin as my Rucks- looks good- cheers

Stiffy · 14/02/2016 at 09:33

Is anyone thinking that Shaw will get a defence forward playing on him this year which will limit his scoring?

Mac · 14/02/2016 at 09:36

Duryea good option?

Derek · 14/02/2016 at 14:53

He is probably in Hawks best 22, but he is not solid. Will have plenty of pressure for his place. Langford, hartung, Litherland, o’rourke, whitcross just to name a few.

Phat Man · 14/02/2016 at 11:49

G'Day community. Look for your thoughts on my team, rookies are likey to change due to NAB cup performance as im sure its the same with everybody else. Cheers

Def: B.Houli, KK, E.Yeo, B.Smith, E.Hipwood, M.Brown (N.Broad, K.Collins)
Mids: Pendles, Gablett, Rocky, O.Wines, Libba, B.Crouch, D.Parish, J.Trengrove (C.Petracca, N.Freeman, R.Mathieson)
Rucks: Goldy, M.Lobbe (N.Wyatt)
Fwd: Dusty, L.Dahlhaus, T.Greene, J.Simpkin, B.Kennedy, C.Curnow (S.Kerridge, N.Kommer)

Ive got 304K left in the kitty

Cheers

Mac · 14/02/2016 at 11:59

Your missing out on so many points with 304k left over.

Kev · 14/02/2016 at 13:38

Agree with Mac. I'd be using the coin to upgrade Lobbe and Crouch

Phat Man · 14/02/2016 at 17:51

Yeah I thought so, I upgraded crouch to J.Steven, i think he might build on last year

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 12:03

Hi Community,

I wouldn't mind a few thoughts on my current team. Rookies will likely change a bit as NAB Cup progresses.

Def: KK, Rampe, B.Smith, H.Andrews, M.Brown (ESS), Broad (Byrne-Jones, S.Collins)

Mid: Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett, Rockliff, Parker, Liberatore, Crouch, Gresham (Cuningham, Keays, Beech)

Ruc: Goldstein, Lobbe (Wyatt)

For: D.Martin, Wingard, Barlow, D.Wells, Simpkin, S.Kerridge (Petracca, Grimley)

Thanks

Mac · 14/02/2016 at 12:15

See you have Rampe, whats the communities thoughts on Rampe?

FootyFanatic · 14/02/2016 at 12:39

Solid team, I'm really liking your midfield. Rampe is an interesting pick though, I never really considered him and looking at his stats he looks very inconsistent with 3 scores in the 40's and 2 in the 50's last year. If he can improve on that he has a lot of up side. The only critism I have is that I don't like the Harris Andrews pick as your paying just under 350K for a second year KP defender who won't be a keeper

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 12:50

Thanks Footy fanatic. I agree Harris Andrews is a very risky pick. He has bulked up a lot and looks in excellent shape. By all reports, he is training the house down. That said, I will be making further adjustments during NAB cup and Andrews is by no means a guaranteed starter. Cheers

CoachDamo · 14/02/2016 at 13:59

Solid team overall. I agree with feedback on Harris Andrews, it's risky but then again he scored well from Round 16 onwards last year. I'm not sure about Rampe – I'm looking at Bartel instead (cost you $13000 more). Your midfield is strong – make sure you keep an eye on rookies during the NAB challenge because those midfield rookies will generate the most cash so make sure you leave room for the standouts. Daniel Wells is a worry, I'm not sure anyone could be confident that he'll get through the season, let alone enough games to generate some cash. Take a look at Jed Anderson (NM) and Liam Duggan (WC) – apparently both are training the house down. Both are DPP as well and slightly cheaper than Wells. Good luck!

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 20:02

Thanks Damo!

Derek · 14/02/2016 at 14:57

Rampe is not D2. Don’t rely on him for the whole year.

I see you have been sucked in by Wells.

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 20:25

Hi Derek.

Rampe was not a D2 last season. He averaged 85 SC points. But he did play all 22 games.
      He is young and maturing nicely, and to date has been very consistent and injury free. IMO he could potentially break out this season and average 95+. Just my take of course.

I have not been "sucked in" by Wellsy. His last intra hit out yielded 4 goals in less than a half of footy. This is why he is currently in my team. At his price of 244K you would be mad not to watch his progress closely. But his final selection will depend on his NAB cup output and his ability to demonstrate intensity at the footy without injury. If not, he will not be in my side come round one.

Cheers

SCaddict · 14/02/2016 at 17:17

Keep the faith with Wellsy at least for now. Starred in last week's Roos intraclub bagging 4 goals in just a half of footy.

Of course any new injury setbacks between now and Rd1 could put the kibosh on that plan but to get a player of that quality under $250K shouldn't be dismissed out of hand.

We only need look as far as one of his team mates in Higgins who a few seasons ago was similarly priced also with a torrid injury history.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 19:25

Nab watch with his mate Anderson and a host of others esp in the bomber jumpers to see who makes the cut and is good to go Rd 1.

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 20:07

Wellsy is a Ballsy πŸ˜‰ selection at the moment, but his talent and bargain price is keeping me very interested. That said, if he just even limps during any of the NAB cup matches he will be scratched. Cheers!

Jock Jr · 15/02/2016 at 10:01

Wells maybe this years Shaun Higgins

Tom · 14/02/2016 at 13:18

Thoughts on Parker? Averages 109 if you take out the first 6 games and his last injury affected game.

coming into his 6th year and just signed a big contract extension, at only 538k is he worth a go?

Kev · 14/02/2016 at 13:34

Definitely! Out of the Sydney mids he's the one I'd pick

Tom · 14/02/2016 at 13:50

tossing up between him, adams, shiel and wines at the moment

CoachDamo · 14/02/2016 at 13:52

I'm looking at Parker as well, I had him last year – huge fan of the way he goes about it. At 23, he's coming into his prime…this could be a huge year for him.

Tom · 14/02/2016 at 13:58

Wont cop the tag with hanners and jpk there either

SCaddict · 14/02/2016 at 16:56

Worth a look for sure and the Swans have a very reasonable opening draw so I'm expecting many of their stars to start the season with a bang.

I'll likely be running with Hanners and JPK instead as I feel they are slightly safer investments but no arguing that Parker does seem to offer the best value of the 3, at least on paper.

hedski · 14/02/2016 at 18:11

He’s a lock for me

Iamme · 14/02/2016 at 13:31

Goldy and Lobbe for me…but also considering Sinclair

MikeinSyd · 14/02/2016 at 13:52

Thanks Jock we all love to check out your poll as soon as it comes out.

jimmydowland · 14/02/2016 at 14:04

whats your hypothesis on goldy jock – too costly or too costly not to have him?? love you mate!

FootyFanatic · 14/02/2016 at 16:52

Too costly to start with, but too costly not to finish with. In my opinion

Nate · 14/02/2016 at 19:38

I agree- from memory- Goldy was holding his own through the first half of the season and then started posting 140’s and of course that 200 plus bonkers game. I’m hoping he comes out and averages 100 ish and then pick him up in round 7ish. Let’s face it- he is a gun and will need to be there very soon if your not starting with him- if you don’t start with him, the best you can wish for is that he posts scores of 100 to 110- don’t see him going much lower than that

Jackson · 14/02/2016 at 14:11

Community this is a tough one.

Do I go Josh Kennedy and Toby Greene OR Gibbs and Deledio. I’m torn between which one is better and I need your help community.

MC · 14/02/2016 at 14:31

Assuming it's Sydney's Josh Kennedy, I'd go with the first option

Tom · 14/02/2016 at 15:57

Id go for the first option

FootyFanatic · 14/02/2016 at 16:34

Yea I'd say first too

Swans2012 · 14/02/2016 at 14:39

I’m notorious for going light in the ruck, this year will be no exception for me, might talk myself into a nic nat blicavs gawn type but I’m thinking a lewy\lobbe/Sinclair type combo. I’m half expecting a couple of rookie type rucks to be playing early, just got a feeling…..I wouldn’t be adverse to even playing a rookie ruck on field. I just can’t bring myself to spend big on big fellas that are often made of glass…..

Derek · 14/02/2016 at 15:00

I was thinking NicNat. Only thing I’m worry is WCE early draw.

Swans2012 · 14/02/2016 at 15:47

Plenty of upside, started slow last year which dragged his average down…..he’s just so explosive though for a big guy that you almost expect something to break at some point….but that’s the same with all the rucks I guess…

On another note I wonder if Dan Currie gets some early games at Gold Coast, been impressive apparently in the intraclubs, has definite talent as a tap ruckman…..

Tom · 14/02/2016 at 15:53

Pick 2 out of

Shiel, Parker, Adams, Wines

FootyFanatic · 14/02/2016 at 16:51

In order I'd say Parker > Wines > Shiel > Adams

Scott · 14/02/2016 at 18:01

Parker and Wines elite.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 19:40

Had both last year so rate them but gun shy this year

CoachDamo · 14/02/2016 at 20:48

Only 2? Parker and Wines. I think Adams and Shiel could be in for massive seasons though!

tim · 14/02/2016 at 16:37

Could someone please clear up the rule change with ruck men this year? because i heard that maybe they were giving more points to think hit outs to advantage.

Mac · 14/02/2016 at 17:08

Thoughts on Sheridan?

Kev · 14/02/2016 at 18:46

Showed a bit towards the back end of the year. One to watch in the nab. Risky but a good pod from Crouch/JOM.

hedski · 14/02/2016 at 18:02

Was running stef and lobbe but am now beginning to think last years set up of goldy and stef the go again. After bit of tinkering I’ve come to :

Bartel Smith Rich (Hartley)

Eski Brown (ess) Rice (Bonner)

Danger Gaz Rocky Parker (VJ Rainbow)

Libba Crouch Gresham Keays (Redman)

(Cunningham)

Goldy Stef (Grimely)

Chopstix Dahl Barlow (Kerridge)

Greene Simpkin Petracca (Skinner)

$74k left in kitty.

Maybe bit skinny in the guts and chancy in def.

Any help? Cheers

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 19:28

Going with the big boys in the ruck you gotta cut corners somewhere can’t afford Em all.

hedski · 14/02/2016 at 19:49

Yeah true trigger.
      was thinking of squeezing a bit of extra cash from somewhere and upgrading crouch to a J Steven type.

hedski · 14/02/2016 at 20:25

Ha ha thought jack was a bit cheaper

Stirlsy · 14/02/2016 at 19:55

Here is something to think about Goldy and Stef have same bye round.

hedski · 14/02/2016 at 20:15

Yeah just checked that Stirlsy cheers. Got Grimely for cover and should be able to cover enough spots over the lines by then hopefully.

Kev · 14/02/2016 at 18:55

Townsend one to watch in the nab. I reckon he’d tackle his own grandma. If he can get his hands on the pill a bit more he could have a similar impact to what Miles did when he came to the Tigers

Tom · 14/02/2016 at 20:29

Dusty, Dahlhaus, Franklin, Simpkin

or

Dusty, Franklin, Greene, Billings/Stringer

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 20:48

Your second line is more expensive, but bloody appealing. (If you can afford it) . Line two for me with Billings just ahead of Stringer.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/02/2016 at 21:37

Billings & stringer both those boys could go off in 2016.. keeping a very close eye on them

Tom · 14/02/2016 at 21:46

I think both of them will be inconsistent and have a few scores in the 50's, 60's but finding it hard to resist both of them with all these reports of them tearing up the preseason.

What do you think theyll average this year trigger?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/02/2016 at 12:31

Stringer averaged 95 over the final rds of 2015 with another pre season under his belt can’t see why he couldn’t go 95 or better. Billings a bit harder to read but 85 Ave last year with injuries has potential to up that by 5-10 points.

CoachDamo · 14/02/2016 at 20:51

Can you afford Dusty, Dahlhaus, Greene and Simpkin? Buddy is unpredictable – could score 50 or 150 in any given week.

SCaddict · 14/02/2016 at 22:51

Right now I'm favouring a Barlow/Buddy/Greene forward line so I'll vote for option 2.

Buddy is flying at the moment according to his coach and set for a monster season IF he can stay healthy, both physically and mentally.

Jackson · 15/02/2016 at 11:31

In other words
    Dahlhaus, Simpkin
    Or
    Franklin, Billings/Stringer

I like the first one

Leviathan · 14/02/2016 at 20:41

What are the prospects for Connor Menadue and Jack Trengove for this season? Both Rookie priced (155K) and both have had senior game time. Reports indicate Menadue could be ready for round one in an "Isaac Smith" like role. Still some injury concerns with Trengove.

Derek · 14/02/2016 at 21:02

Menadue is high on my watchlist.

Trengove maybe not. Doubt he will play round 1

Seps Champs · 14/02/2016 at 23:26

How ya goin BOYSSS!!!
Exciting times footy is just around the corner!!!
I've gone for a different strategy, I will not be starting Lobbe nor will i entertain any RUCKMAN under 500k
R1-Blicavs R2-Gawn
When my midfield rookies appreciate some beautiful and arousing cash i will trade Blicavs into my MIDS as i think he is capable of averaging 110 and having a huge ceiling i will then trade up my ROOKIE to a depreciated GOLDMEMBER πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

holty · 15/02/2016 at 09:45

love your thinking. although i disagree with not starting Goldy as i think it will be to difficult to trade him in until its too late in the season, your thinking makes a lot of sense. For your sake, i hope Goldy depreciates enough to get him in. But for my own selfish reasons, i hope he doesn’t as ill be starting him.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/02/2016 at 10:34

Just something to keep in mind.

Everyone says goldy has a tough start but his scores against these teams last year was:

100
    140 (avg 2 games v bris)
    155
    116 (last time played sandi)
    149

So can’t see him dropping too much if he repeats that start. Not sure where the extra 150-200k is gonna come from after 5 rounds to upgrade lobby to goldy?

Against blues and dons went over 160 last year.

He is super fit and in his prime. Leaving him out is a big call.

Personally I’m gonna pony up the dough.

holty · 15/02/2016 at 10:46

and dont forget, that 100 he scored against Adelaide was impressive as they got belted by about 80 points.

Derek · 15/02/2016 at 11:18

one thing is for certain, his price won't go up. therefore more likely to go down and when he does he'll be in my team then.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/02/2016 at 11:49

Yep and it was when the new rules came in so all Ruckman scored low Rd 1. In fact goldy was the only 1 to make 3 figures. After that something was changed with the way Ruckman scored as boom they dominated.

Seps Champs · 15/02/2016 at 13:06

Hence my reasoning for pushing blicavs into my mids when i decide to pull the trigger and get goldy! Due to the versatility of the ruckman these days i can see the likes of martin, goldy & blicavs averaging ablett type numbers in the near future!

Rick Grimes · 15/02/2016 at 11:36

At this stage I have Goldy and Lobbe pencilled in. If I don't go Goldy from day 1 I just don't think I'll end up getting him at all. I'm hoping Lobbe can average 80+, so together I'm getting 200+ every week – with potential to go well in excess of that. Ideally I'd go double premium, but that makes other lines look bare.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 15/02/2016 at 11:52

That’s it in a nutshell. Two premo rucks including goldy and your have to cut corners else where. Can’t have it all that is what makes SC so gr8.

Hudson · 15/02/2016 at 12:45

Who does everyone reckon will be in the top 8 mids this year, my 8 are (in no particular order) Fyfe,Danger, Ablett, Rockliff, Pendelbury, Priddis, Beams and Mundy with JPK not far

Derek · 15/02/2016 at 13:11

Selwood.

Phil · 15/02/2016 at 14:03

Mundy out, Gray in…..
    Smokie- Blicavs

John · 15/02/2016 at 13:43

Boyd, KK, Smith, Brown, Brown, Broad, Hartley, Bonner
Fyfe, Danger, Ablett, Rocky, Libba, Crouch, Parish, Cunningham, Keays, Menegola, Hibberd
Goldy, Martin, Grimley
Montag, Martin, Dahl, Wells, Kerridge, Petracca, Cox, Mcdonald-T.

233k left. Rookies to change based on NAB.

Thoughts community?

Bill · 16/02/2016 at 09:20

I like it. One thing id say is m.boyd is max priced and will likely be managed throughout the year. Maybe go Bartel as a safe option or an updide pick like Yeo/Rich? Then youd have the cash to upgrade a bookend rookie to a premo

John · 16/02/2016 at 10:50

Thanks Bill. You say Boyd will be managed yet recommend Bartel who is another player who might be managed?

kevwal · 15/02/2016 at 21:21

Rucks have been a right pain every season. Nic Nat/Mummy, Grimley on the bench, Sinclair a genuine F4.

@wheels_1987 · 16/02/2016 at 10:46

ve gone Martin and Dog Dog.

no DDP rubish

no stuffing around

locked and loaded, throw away the key

Sam · 16/02/2016 at 13:05

i want to join some sc leagues anyone have a code so i can join please?