What is CoachKings? Community Q&A
My beloved community.
Something’s been bugging me this past year or so. Something’s been missing.
You see, the fantasy community in this wide brown land of ours is a beautiful thing. It brings folk from all walks of life together in fellowship. In mateship.
A hell of a lot of us have formed bonds of fellowship through the beauty and the majesty of fantasy footy. I’m bloody proud to have overseen an online community that has seen countless friendships form. Real friendships.
As I scroll through our communities electronic pages, through its tweets and its facebook pages it gives me a hell of a lot of satisfaction to see blokes who otherwise wouldn’t have known each other from a bar of soap share life together on the interwebs. But again. Something is missing.
We’re all sharing a journey together. And us blokes need each other. Blokes need to get together in person for a beer and to speak crap. It keeps us sane. Puts life’s troubles into perspective. We laugh with each other. We laugh at each other. Laugh at a world gone bloody mad. And we share in the burden of each other’s life journey. That’s fellowship folks. That’s community.
I’m here to tell you that a new dawn in fantasy footy breaks this season my friends. I’m here to tell you that the day has arrived for us to drink real beer together. Break real bread. With the power bestowenthed unto me from the gods of fantasy footy – I present to you a fantasy concept crafted from thine very own hands for my very own community.
I PRESENT TO YOU – COACHKINGS
In pubs across the entire width and breadth of this land we will compete against each other in the majestic surrounds of the local pub.
Those lucky few among you will rise from obscurity to take their place on the altar of fantasy stardom. You will rise as CoachKings of your pub. CoachKing of your local community.
And at the end of the 2016 season – one man will be crowned as the first inaugural CoachKing of Australia.
This is how it works:
- We will have a CoachKings contest in participating venues every night of the AFL & NRL season, and also on Sunday afternoons
- Absolutely FREE entry into all contests
- You select a team of 9 players from the pool of 44 playing the game featured at your venue on the day
- This all happens on your own mobile device. You’ll register. You’ll join your venue’s contest when you rock up to the venue. You’ll keep track of how your team is performing. You’ll check where you’re sitting on your venue’s live CoachKings ladder all on your phone while enjoying your preferred publicans finest ale
- In front in your venue at half time? The venue will have a prize for you. Jug of beer perhaps. Win the contest? Another magnificent prize from the venue. And here’s where it gets very arousing..
- Win any contest at your venue and you qualify for the Venue Final to be held on Semi Final weekend. Win multiple contests (up to 5) and you’ll be able to enter multiple teams into your Venue Final
- And if you do well enough in your Venue Final – you’ll qualify to contest the COACHKINGS CUP. $50,000 in prizemoney will be up for grabs in both AFL and NRL, and the title of Australia’s very first COACHKING
We’re talking an In-Venue Daily Fantasy Sport Revolution here. One contest per fixtured CoachKings contest. No season long commitment. In the pub. Drinking beer. With your mates.
I’m sure you’re stuffed full of questions community – let’s get the CoachKings conversation started in the comments below.