Supercoach 2016 Forward Options

Time to talk Forward Lines our beloved community.

One of the key decisions you will need to make this season is just HOW MANY midpriced selections is TOO MANY. It’s a make or break scenario.

This week we assess the most popular selections based on our recent polls here on the Jock Reynolds CoachKings Community site.

Plenty of questions coming in about CoachKings which is extremely arousing. Click here – I’ve just deployed a new post with more information about the format. A great place to ask any questions you might have about the game.

Remember – you just MUST get yourself over to like the CoachKings Community Facebook Page. Extremely important – this will become a critical hub for those of you preparing to dominate our In-Venue Daily Fantasy landscape as the season approaches.

Let’s get the conversation started.. how is your forward line shaping up?

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 14:21

My Current FWD Line,

M Barlow, L Franklin, T Walker, J Hogan, C Sinclair, L Taylor. EMG. S Kerridge, M Brown.

I may even release my full team for the first time ever very soon. (Open to change naturally the season is early)

Good Luck and Skill to all in SC this year.
Cheers.

i N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 14:37

A lot of KPP's in there Ocker. I currently have Franklin. Think he's value & has something to prove. Personally have no interest in any others. They do my head in. Saw many get torched by Tex last year. Wouldn't go near him. Hogan is an interesting one. But not for me. Good luck for the season mate.

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 15:18

Saw Hogan play on ANZAC weekend live and he is going to be a future gun, He may be listed as a key position player but has had only one year of footy at afl level, Love this kid and his attitude. He was the first selected player in my team.

As for too many key position players that only leaves Buddy and Tex. Buddy worth the risk until it starts raining.
      Tex I feel has something to prove this year and at this moment he is the one likely to be out of my team before anyone else.

Lewis Taylor is set for a breakout season even at the age of 21 by season start, very good value in my opinion. Mid eligible and this kid can play look for his role in NAB Challenge. (Not really a guide but he will improve this year)

Cheers.

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 15:29

No doubting Hogan's immense talent Ocker. It's the delivery that's sloppy. Think in a few years when that improves he's relevant. First team I've seen Taylor in. Could pay the table. Certainly some POD selections. I'm interested in Sinclair. Could be some value there as the number one banana at the Swans.

jockreynolds · 08/02/2016 at 17:33

Great first up great man. Personally I'm with Itch, perhaps a touch heavy on the key position forwards there. But hell – this could be the year they all go nuts.

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 17:56

Thanks for you opinion Jock,
          Just like I said (Open to change naturally the season is early)
          Maybe too much money spent in mids with only one rookie on field.
          First draft and Walker, Hogan may have to go for someone like a Dusty and rookie.
          Walker is the one I feel is more likely to go nuts this year. Plenty of time to adjust team line up.

Loved Credence in the podcast, One of my favourite.

Cheers.

Krups · 08/02/2016 at 14:43

Martin Zorko Barlow Franklin Schache Kerridge EMG. Silvagni, Crocker

Tom · 08/02/2016 at 14:44

Shaw, KK, Malceski, Dea, Brown, Hartley (broad, bonner)

Danger, Pendles, GAJ, Shiel, Rocky, Libba, Parish, Hopper (freeman, mathieson, cole)

Goldy, Martin (wyatt)

Lids, Zorko, Barlow, T.West, Kerridge, Petracca (kommer, ahern)

Bit light in defense but what do we think?

about 20k left

Krups · 08/02/2016 at 15:17

Yea to light in defence bloke. Ruck combo is awesome but maybe too much $$$ invested there?

WithAllDueRespect · 08/02/2016 at 17:52

Goldy and Martin have same bye round.

CroMagnon Man · 09/02/2016 at 10:14

Best you get on AFL website and do some reading re: Freeman. That is all.

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 14:44

I'm going against the grain & staying away from Barlow. I need certainly he's going back to predominant Midfield. Because if he isn't I can only see him going further backwards. Adding Sniffer Bennell to the list adds further complication. I know Ross is saying stuff. But anyone who's been round here long enough knows, Ross just talks BS.

Skindog · 08/02/2016 at 14:48

Nice Pieman, we all know Ross is not boss and we’ll have to keep an eye out, can play but need to see his role,,

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 14:58

Ross. The most hated man in SC. Reckon he rates Neale ahead of Barlow. Sniffer Bennell a better option if he keeps his nose clean.

Skindog · 08/02/2016 at 15:05

And gets over the niggle

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 16:41

Itchly,
        Not really a case of keeping nose clean but more a case of whether he can overcome the nasty Osteo Pubis thing.

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 16:49

I smell a trap Ocker. Could always grab later if he's going off

SCaddict · 08/02/2016 at 19:12

I could be persuaded either way on whether Barlow is a 'must have' like Higgo postulates or simply fools gold as you suggest.

How he performs and used in the NAB will hopefully clarify the final decision as I'm of two minds right now. DPP eligibility up forward this season is a major plus though.

Kev · 08/02/2016 at 19:17

Couldn’t agree more, Pieman!

'Don't Blush Babby' · 08/02/2016 at 21:47

Lyon, has said that they played him out of position last year and will predomidently Mid this year

Mac · 08/02/2016 at 15:35

Will Grimley be most people's F3 now? And use another position e.g. M11 as a loophole?

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 15:41

I'd say he will be. We haven't seen a basement priced Ruck rook for a long time. With DPP as well. Just putting a thank you letter together for the CAS.

West · 08/02/2016 at 15:58

Will he even play? Essendon have a few ruckman now

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 16:02

Think he's plays predominately FWD & pinch hit's for Berger. Have a look in the NAB. He has to be in front of Jamar.

West · 08/02/2016 at 16:06

I doubt he'd be ahead of Jamar. Essendon still have McKernan and Ambrose so I'd say he's more of a backup. Will have to wait til nab though.

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 16:12

Berger has an ongoing Achilles problem & isn't even training. With his history he's no certainty to play early games. Think Grimley gets a run at some point.

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 16:43

So will Mark Jamar.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 08/02/2016 at 16:43

That said anyone with the plums to put grimley at R2?

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 16:46

If he gets dropped your stuffed

TRIGGER HAPPY · 08/02/2016 at 16:52

I’m not going down that path but would take some huge aggotts. Robustness of plum.

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 16:54

The greatest plumbs of all. Unless you keep a war chest your season is done.

Chicko · 08/02/2016 at 17:01

I've currently got Grimley at F8 giving me an option to switch with R3 who is a rookie DPP (for loopholing). I can see Grimley getting game time.

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 17:12

Chicko,
                    I currently have him at R3 to interchange with C Sinclair who is in my fwd line.

@Seekersupacoach · 09/02/2016 at 20:24

I like that. I'm considering similar Sinclair as F4 with swing set to R3

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 17:13

Chicko! how are ya son. Agree on Grimley. Won the VFL goalkicking last 2 years. I'll get that league going again mate & shoot you an invite.

CroMagnon Man · 09/02/2016 at 10:17

Ssh just let all the fools on here go ahead and pick him!

Titan · 08/02/2016 at 20:20

At f3?
    Why not the ruck bench?

Leighroy · 08/02/2016 at 21:21

He will be my R3 I had Currie there with chances big Tom falls over again. Grimley will give me some extra cash and ruck cover

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 22:37

I like Chicko's setup.

Grimley at F8, fwd eligable cheapie at R3 for loopholing.

Titan · 09/02/2016 at 08:16

Oh ok
          So you keep the cheap ruck rookie as loophole?

Jimi · 09/02/2016 at 11:27

It just makes sense to me because R3 is the position least likely to make $$$, so why loose at on a cash cow on another line to create a loophole? If Grimely wasn't fwd eligible it might be a different story.

hedski · 08/02/2016 at 22:33

Yep

The General · 11/02/2016 at 23:49

As it sits at the moment, I have Grimley replacing the already lame Leuy, with Sinclair Forward cover. Await NAB for alot of my questions to be answered.

Any thoughts on McKay or Gorringe/Phillips as potential R3?

Dan · 17/02/2016 at 20:55

He was a leading goalkicker at VFL level so I see a fwd who pinch hits in the ruck. Apparently at Hawks he didn't have the work ethic tho.

sam siddall · 08/02/2016 at 15:40

Hey guys will coach kings be in perth?

jockreynolds · 08/02/2016 at 17:26

Gday there Sam – no WA for CoachKings this season old son. Stay tuned though for an online version of the game which you can jump all over like a rash!

Mac · 08/02/2016 at 15:44

What teams are good for loopholes?

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 15:54

Carlton have a lot of Sunday games

BKW · 08/02/2016 at 17:19

Melb also have a heap of Sunday games and zero Friday nights – they do have 8 sat day games though.

@Seekersupacoach · 09/02/2016 at 20:43

I think Brisbane have quite a few Sunday and Saturday twilight/evening matches too

West · 08/02/2016 at 15:49

What do we think of Trent West? Should play with leuenberger gone and should average 70-80

Mac · 08/02/2016 at 16:04

You do know they have stefan martin…

West · 08/02/2016 at 16:06

yes… Is it not aloud for teams to play a game with 2 rucks?

holty · 08/02/2016 at 16:23

he may play but cant see him averaging more than 60. even when he was the #1 ruckman, he never averaged 80

TJM · 08/02/2016 at 16:23

It is allowed, but I can't see him getting 80 points a game. Last year you saw what happened to Luenberger? Not the best pick for 190k or so IMO. I see Currie or even Grimley being a better option.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 08/02/2016 at 16:29

Throw in McKay if he gets a look in early

West · 08/02/2016 at 16:31

Has averaged 74 and 76 before. Fair points though. Cheers lads.

TJM · 08/02/2016 at 16:32

This is why the community is to good! Constructive criticism helps everyone improve, unlike the tosser above ripping on Ocker.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 08/02/2016 at 16:34

Couldn’t agree more. Love the chat throwing ideas around and giving my opinion. It’s my opinion not gospel. Take it as u will.

Gaveday · 08/02/2016 at 18:41

I had west, but have gone for grimely now. Nab may be helpful. But probably won’t be!

Sam · 08/02/2016 at 16:12

Jock, Higgo, Crouching your an inspiration to us all! Love your work! Now fellas it sounds like you guys are all the Barlow bandwagon, however I've got the feeling that Bennell could be a better pick in that forward line, Thoughts? Also been looking at some POD selections up forward, thoughts on young Toby 'spitter' Greene and Mitch Robinson???

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 16:59

Sam,
    I would go with your other thoughts at this stage rather than Bennell, Rumour is he has a niggle with Osteo Pubis which is not an easy thing to overcome.
    I do not mind your other thoughts at all.

Sam · 08/02/2016 at 17:11

Thanks for your reply OldOcker! What has happened to the sniffer I heard he was back on the running track and progressing nicely! This has certainly thrown a spanner in the works!
      Cheers

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 17:29

The last 3 years he has only played 15 games for whatever reason and at his price point of being a keeper I would not personally consider him.
        Your choice just my opinion.

Cheers.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 08/02/2016 at 16:27

Loaded up forward with

Dahl, dusty, wingard, barlow, simpkin, peteracca, brown, cockatoo/kerridge.

But now having second thoughts on goldy. The more I crunch the numbers I think the more he has to start as 110 avg is about $600k Which is about all I can see goldy dropping to. Plays blues dons Rd 6-7 I think u need him by then as scored 150 plus last time against these teams. If going lobbe -goldy will need at least $120k which u may get from your rooks after 5-6 Rd but is it worth 2 trades and if your rook has gone up that much surely they have more fattening to do? Seriously considering dropping dusty down to wells (depend on nab cup or someone else around this price) and getting goldy. Dusty plays blues Rd 1 which is his bogey team never scores well against them. Might upgrade wells -Dusty as don’t see dusty moving up much.

Just throwing it out there.

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 22:45

Don't most premo upgrades require 2 trades? Lamb slaughter trade + upgrade trade? If the opportunity comes to bring Goldy in for 600k at round 5ish, I'll cull a lamb prematurely.

Wells to Dusty is super risky IMO. Wells is only 230k. If he gets injured in the first 3-4 rounds you'll be at least 200k off Martin, how many premature trades will that take to fix?

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 23:38

I’ll be starting NicNat and Lobbe. Hope to get Goldy early. If NicNat doing good I’Ll sideways to Goldy

TRIGGER HAPPY · 09/02/2016 at 11:14

Can’t predict injuries. Backing wells to play a few games. If fit and firing hard to ignore at his price. And will give goldy more points with hit outs to adv.

Jimi · 09/02/2016 at 11:23

It's all risk and reward, good luck!

TJM · 08/02/2016 at 16:28

Thoughts on Edwards from the Tiges?

Jackwatt$ · 08/02/2016 at 16:42

Behold!!! My SuperCoach team for 2016 (subject to change)
Team name: Watt the?

DEF- Boyd, McDonald, Salem, Jones, Terlich, Brown, (Wagner, McDonald-Tipungwutu)
MID- Fyfe, Ablett (C), Priddis, Jones, Viney, Brayshaw, Oliver, Parish (Trengrove, Morabito, Cuningham)
RCK- Gawn, Jamar, (Frost)
FWD- Rioli, Franklin, Hogan, Watts (VC), Wells, Cockatoo, (Weidemann, Petracca)

66,500 in reserve. Copyright 2016.

Pinidu · 08/02/2016 at 16:46

So….I take your a Melbourne supporter?

BKW · 08/02/2016 at 17:26

Haha straight to the bottom 10% with that team 😉

I’d swap out your VC for a start

Gaveday · 08/02/2016 at 20:48

Taking the pi$$ surely mate. Nice try.

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 20:53

Finally another team with Rioli!

@t_woof · 08/02/2016 at 22:08

Top 1% LOCK!

robert · 08/02/2016 at 16:43

What are people's thought on going 6 deep in the midfield including 1 of O"Meara or Crouch. I think that is way 2 deep. I normally have 3 rookies onfield

Keenbutclueless · 08/02/2016 at 17:15

under normal years you would be right. But these blokes offer so much value that it may well be worth screwing up our normal structures to accommodate them. Seen teams play 3 rookies in Defence or up forward to fit these guys in. I think getting the right combo with them is a big key this year.

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 17:19

Robert,
    I would normally feel the same way but there is so much value in the midfield this year that is too hard to resist.
    I left JOM out but put in Libba and Crouch. I don't think JOM will play round one, Just a feeling. If he does it may be NEAFL.
    I have one rookie on field in the mids at this stage of the season.

Cheers.

WithAllDueRespect · 08/02/2016 at 17:56

Crouch is my M7. Rocky M4 Gibbs M5 Libba M6.

Fyfe Ablett and Selwood M1-3.

SCaddict · 08/02/2016 at 19:24

A lot will come down to the ultimate availability and distribution of rookies across the lines but I could easily see myself going into this season with a locked and loaded midfield with either JOM or Crouch at M7 or even both at M7/M8.

Of course there would need to be a decent selection of rookies in defence and up forward to make that work but it's distinctly doable I reckon.

Titan · 08/02/2016 at 20:25

Nah i dont think so
    I gone libba at m7

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 22:49

I'm running 5 premos + libba, 5 rookies. This year, because of the solid mid price options, I think that's a good balance and it seems 95% of teams are running that structure.

Personally I doubt there will be more than 5 MID rookies available for round 1 that are "must haves", but if NAB shows otherwise I'll re-evaluate.

kkk · 08/02/2016 at 16:44

How to people rate Matt Dea from the bombers as an onfield back rookie as there aren't many yet. Thanks

BKW · 08/02/2016 at 17:27

Meh – lets track the pre-season but likely equal or better options for a cheaper price

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 03:24

In the mix

Pinidu · 08/02/2016 at 16:44

Community, could I please have your thoughts on my team?

DEF: Shaw, Kolodjashnij, Bartel, Smith, Hartely, Bonner (Hibberd, Rice)
MID: Ablett, Pendelbury, Selwood, Sloane, Rockliff, Liberatore, Parish, Hopper (Cunningham, Keays, Mathieson)
RUCK: Martin, Naitanui (Korchek)
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Greene, Milera, Curnow, Kerridge (Petracca, Brown)

jockreynolds · 08/02/2016 at 17:29

Great first up there Pinidu! Maybe a bit of work to do around your D5&6, but this is a great preseason starting platform you've built.

WithAllDueRespect · 08/02/2016 at 17:57

Same defence for me other than Malceski for KK.

Leeds17 · 08/02/2016 at 21:56

Feel maybe a little light F4? but in genral looks a good starting point, good structure.

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 03:28

Might need to find a replacement for Selwood, he is no cert for Rnd 1 but solid early team, like the ruck combo early.

Bobby Singh · 10/02/2016 at 21:50

Lower end of the defense and forward line needs work but the rest is great.

OldOcker · 08/02/2016 at 16:48

Sam,
I do not mind your other thoughts at all.

Cheers.

medadsson · 08/02/2016 at 17:52

Agreed, stay away from Harley … it has been said a number of times that Freo's focus for Harley is not necessarily round 1. He hasn't trained with the main training group. It had been reported Calf issues, Osteo Pubis is a new and not so good one, eek.

mark · 08/02/2016 at 16:53

matt suckling down back?

Rob · 08/02/2016 at 17:34

Rate my team
BACK: Shaw, Docherty KK, Smith, Collins ( Bulldogs) Dea ( Bonner, Rice)

MID: Danger, GAJ, Rockliff, Cripps, Libba, O'meara, Crouch, Trengrove ( Gresham, Cunningham, Matheison)

RUC: Martin, Lobbe ( Cox)

FWD: Martin, Dahlhaus, Barlow, Stanley, Kerridge, Brown ( ESS) ( Skinner, Balic)

I have 1K in the bank

Ethan · 08/02/2016 at 17:41

stanley's an interesting pick? is it just for a R3 swing? Or do you think he can average 80+ through the season

fatboyfat7 · 08/02/2016 at 17:51

Like it… Trengrove ready Rd1?

Mitch Marsh · 08/02/2016 at 23:35

Trengove has been flying right under the radar! Where's he at??

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 03:47

Trengrove had he's first run with main group yesterday but sat out match practice, no set timeframe on him but might play Nab late but he must be behind the 8 ball to play Rnd 1

Mac · 08/02/2016 at 17:39

Thoughts?

Shaw, KK, Bartel, Yeo, Skinner, Rice, Hartley, Collins
Pendles, Danger, Ablett, Rockliff,Shiel, Libba, Hopper, Gresham, Keays, Mathieson, Payne
Goldy, Lobbe, Grimley
Dusty, Dahlhaus, Barlow, Kerridge, Petracca, Sumner, Brown, Ahern

Feedback is much appreciated 🙂

TJM · 08/02/2016 at 19:47

Similar to many other teams, wether thats a good or bad thing only time will tell. Ahern is out for the year, but I like the Shiel pick.

Mickey · 08/02/2016 at 18:17

What are everyones thoughts on shannon hurn? The guy averaged only 75 but for the past couple years has always gone 80-90+. Looks to be a good pod

I N Pieman · 08/02/2016 at 18:23

Has some big games but too many bad ones. Pass for me

SCaddict · 08/02/2016 at 19:34

He's not known as Shannon Burn for nothing. I would avoid for fantasy purposes.

Nick · 08/02/2016 at 18:24

O Meara, S. Jacobs and C. Mills or Pendlebury, Lobbe and Mathieson?

Kev · 08/02/2016 at 19:24

Option 2

Titan · 08/02/2016 at 20:28

Yeah need to go number 2

Mac · 08/02/2016 at 18:36

Any more news of Selwood?

Kev · 08/02/2016 at 19:24

Both are in doubt for round 1

Dan · 08/02/2016 at 18:37

Hey guys thoughts on my team?? Thanks in advance

DEF – Simpson, KK, Birchall, Yeo, Hibberd, Bonner (Byrne, K.Collins)

MID – Pendles, GAJ, Rockliff, J. Selwood, Crouch, Libba, Parish, Hopper (Kennedy, Freeman, Mathieson)

RUC – Martin, Lobbe (Cox)

FWD – Martin, Dahl, Zorko, Barlow, Kerridge, Petracca (Ahern, M.Brown)

Kev · 08/02/2016 at 19:27

Looks good. Jelwood having issues with his foot. Imo starting both Parish and Hopper could be $$ better spent elsewhere

Leighroy · 08/02/2016 at 21:30

Like the team although ahern has done his acl so you will need to look into a new rookie

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 22:52

Unless Parish demonstrates Cripps level ability in the NAB I think he's too expensive – as is any first year player above $170k IMO.

Josh · 10/02/2016 at 11:19

Captain Courageous is a risk as racing against the clock to be fit for Round 1. Birchall good P.O.D.

Dan · 10/02/2016 at 11:31

yeah ive tinkered with the team a bit now.

selwood out, not going to risk it, though i feel he will be back to his best when fit this year.
      also liking b.smith down back as he will take the half back role and is cheap

Erick · 08/02/2016 at 18:38

Matthew Jaensh anyone?

Kev · 08/02/2016 at 19:28

Not until we see how the crows line up with Laird, Smith, Seedsman, Hampton on the books

Titan · 08/02/2016 at 20:30

Jaensch injured
    Back mid year

Patrick · 08/02/2016 at 18:50

Jacobs or Martin as number 1?

Supercoach Central · 09/02/2016 at 17:17

neither. Go with Goldstein. If you're gonna go big, go bloody big.

Dasha · 08/02/2016 at 18:57

fam, how many essedon players is too many? got merret, parish, dea and brown

Leighroy · 08/02/2016 at 21:32

That’s not too many a few years ago the port rookies were the go. If they are going to make good cash doesn’t matter who they play for. The rookies that is

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 03:56

3 will defo be trades so its fine

Leeds17 · 08/02/2016 at 19:01

Opinions/Ridicule of my potential team…

Def
H.Shaw A.Rance J.Bartel (C.Byrne)
B.Smith J.Cowan M.Brown (M.Hibbard)

Mid
S.Pendles G.Ablett (N.Freeman)
T.Rockliff O.Wines M.Duncan (J.Polkinghorn)
T.Libba D.Gore J.Jansen (R.Mathieson)

Ruc
S.Martin M.Blicavs (S.Grimley)

Fwd
D.Martin M.Barlow C.Sinclair (C.Petracca)
C.Bird N.Cockatoo S.Kerridge (N.Kommer)

Don't worry too much with most Rooks they could change.

Leeds17 · 08/02/2016 at 21:53

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated thanks guys and gals…

'Don't Blush Babby' · 08/02/2016 at 22:22

Leeds, love the M.Duncan inclusion as i have him myself, not sure about Blicavs role this year as your coach has said he will be more of a running player rather a Ruckman – suggest K.Tippett. Also Sinclair at F3 is a bad idea now that Tippett has said he will would play in the Ruck, suggest Rookie – Nj.Schache – he will kill it – Good Luck

Leeds17 · 09/02/2016 at 05:56

Thanks for the feedback,yeah Sinclair is a very speculative pick at this stage I just don't mind that ruck swing it burnt me last season with TBC but I think the resonating is sound, that being said maybe a T.Greene, S.Johnson or Z.Merret would be a better option or Wines down to a midpricer (Crouch, JOM) and Sinclair to a full premo.

HOLLA · 08/02/2016 at 19:47

Someone give feedback please.

DEF- Shaw,roberton, Kolod,Docherty, Broad,Brown

MID- Steven,Shiel,rockliff,Adams,Wines,Libba,Gresham,

Freeman

RUCK- Martin,Lobbe

FWD- Martin,Dahlhaus,S.Gray,Merrett,Ben Ken,Petracca

Cheers community

FootyFanatic · 08/02/2016 at 20:49

A few interesting selections there, risky but could pay off. I'm a bit concerned about your mids though as although Steven, Shiel, Adams, and Wines are all good picks individually, I wouldn't have them together as I can't see many finishing in the top ten mids.

HOLLA · 08/02/2016 at 20:58

I absolutely appreciate your feedback. Ive picked these players cause they all have scope for consistency and can all go big. I see there is a risk that some may not improve but im set on sticking with my gut feel this year. I feel my top 5 mids will all be the best perfomed for thier respective sides. appreciate your input mate.

HOLLA · 08/02/2016 at 21:01

Their*

FootyFanatic · 08/02/2016 at 21:27

Yea no worries, if that's your Gut feeling then definitely go with it

Swans2012 · 09/02/2016 at 13:25

Liking Sam gray, could be anything, strong nab will force his way into my side, tossing up him and a hall at the moment….

@Seekersupacoach · 09/02/2016 at 22:52

Agree about Sam Gray. Finished strongly last year just wonder how he'll go with Wines and Polec fit and firing. Less time in the mids possibly?

Adam · 08/02/2016 at 19:56

Thaughts please

Zorko. Wingard. Barlow. Buddy. Greene. Kerridge.

Pickett. Adams

FootyFanatic · 08/02/2016 at 20:39

Thats a big spend, I'd try downgrading one player to free up some cash for other positions. But if your confident with your team then stick with it

Leeds17 · 08/02/2016 at 21:48

Wingard just feels like a trap to me, Lots of great FWDs this year so not too concerned with the spend up there

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 22:54

+1 re Wingard.

Supercoach Central · 09/02/2016 at 17:19

Too much money going to the fwd line. With the fire power available in the mids you just can't afford to do that. I would downgrade Buddy to a rookie.

Peter Dickinbotom · 08/02/2016 at 20:38

If you could pick only 1 of Deledio or Martin, who would it be and why?

HOLLA · 08/02/2016 at 20:59

Haha dickinbottom

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 21:02

Martin cause he's cheaper.

Iamme · 08/02/2016 at 21:28

Martin because he is a DPP

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 22:55

Martin because he's cheaper and he's DPP

Leeds17 · 08/02/2016 at 21:49

Martin, health and fitness

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 04:08

Martin, reason is Deledio is overs in price

Top Hawk · 08/02/2016 at 20:53

Any thoughts on Mark Hutchings community? (WCE).

Priced at $385K and has MID/FOR DPP eligibility for 2016 SC. Played 10 games in 2015 at a 72 SC average before getting struck down with injury.

Cheers

HOLLA · 08/02/2016 at 21:01

Looked at him. Def pod, def risk def ballsy pick. Toss of the coin pick

TJM · 08/02/2016 at 21:13

Is it a must to start with Libba and Crouch?

West · 08/02/2016 at 21:18

Lock in Libba but would wait and see with crouch. Definitely not a lock yet

babo · 08/02/2016 at 21:24

everyone else is so its safe to follow suit, though if you don't and they go large your done

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 04:30

No it's not a must start, both in my team ATM but iv been tossing around the team without them in it….
    The thing is if I leave them out I would need to find a keeper in the guts for 570k and take a rookie at 117k id lose a bit of scoring by doing so and save just 1 trade as I don't see either of Libba or Crouch being a keeper.
    Libba is a worry to me coming off a knee and Crouch also cos he seems to be inj prone

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 21:20

Is anyone going with a non playing loop-hole strategy this year? (not ruck)

I had Goddard in Defence and Krakour Mid/Fwd last year and having the ability to loophole maximised points. I don't believe it did any harm to my cash generation. Both ended up playing.

hedski · 08/02/2016 at 22:47

I’ll be waiting on nab obv and gut feel about ya kraks and that who might not start season but ya know they’ll come in first half dozen games. DPP helps maximise loopholes.

hedski · 08/02/2016 at 22:50

Not repeating you there I mean dpp can loophole multiple lines eg mid/fwd der.

Top Hawk · 08/02/2016 at 22:59

Of course. This strategy will come into play once we have a rookie form guide during/after NAB Cup. No point speculating about that now.

Jackwatt$ · 09/02/2016 at 00:26

Yarran (Fremantle)

Iamme · 08/02/2016 at 21:26

D.Martin – Zorko – Barlow – S.Motlop – J.Anderson – Simpkin (Kerridge/J.Long

'Don't Blush Babby' · 08/02/2016 at 21:39

i personally wait and look at the donut loop hole during or after the byes when my team is almost settled and also use this as a downgrade option to generate my cash flow but at the same time giving me flexibility – apologies if you don"t understand my reasoning, a big day on the slurp today

However ,I know you said "Not Ruck' but early season this year is the best Loop Hole with so many Ruck /Fwd options – my IMO only

hedski · 08/02/2016 at 22:52

Ha ha didnt read your slurpy before I slurped mine.

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 21:40

Motlop will disappoint you. He had a good second half of last year when he spent more time in the midfield, but when he goes missing he completely disappears.

Last 9 rounds, 41, 119, 144, 119, 82, 64, 147, 49, 39.

you can't like with scores like that.

Don't think he will get as much midfield time as last year.

Leeds17 · 08/02/2016 at 21:51

Yeah though it wouldn't surprise me if he had a breakout year even then it would be a rollacoaster, can see him averaging around 90 again

Jimi · 08/02/2016 at 22:59

Yeah he might but I agree with Derek.

Could average 90 but he has a consistency rating of almost 40. He'll do your head in.

Iamme · 08/02/2016 at 21:54

I take your point Derek judging by those figures, but did he not recently sign a new deal?….the cats must have big plans for him. I'm prepared to risk it…. if he comes of will be a good POD.

'Don't Blush Babby' · 08/02/2016 at 21:55

J.Schache will end the season at 400k IMO – He's my gun pick of the high price rookies for the season in the Forwards – remember Jesse Hogan last year ,this kids younger but better

Titan · 09/02/2016 at 08:46

Better midfield to get it to him too

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 04:40

Killing it in intra club match's and a dead eyed dick on shots at goal, but its a no for me.

West · 08/02/2016 at 22:06

What do we think of Jack Billings? Apparently on fire this pre season and cant wait to play. Coach has said he'll spend more time in the midfield aswell.

'Don't Blush Babby' · 08/02/2016 at 22:31

West at 455k and only in the Mid ,I believe there better options eg Toby Greene @ 447k and is Mid / Fwd – cheers mate

Cyril is delicious · 08/02/2016 at 23:06

Quick question, JPK or Wines???

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 23:51

JPK is in my team. He is just so tough and reliable.

Supercoach Central · 09/02/2016 at 17:20

wines easy

andeh · 09/02/2016 at 17:45

Can't go wrong with JPK.

Pube · 08/02/2016 at 23:22

Is there a Jock Reynolds Supercoach group again this year?

CarlaShirley · 08/02/2016 at 23:31

This is my team so far guys what do you think?

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 23:52

Looks good

Supercoach Central · 09/02/2016 at 17:20

lovin it

Derek · 08/02/2016 at 23:53

Steven Johnson hasn’t been mentioned at all!

Pete · 08/02/2016 at 23:54

OMG Jock!!!!
Listening to the podcast whilst the wife is sleeping with the earphones in. When your mate Schinder crosses in to the local in highett. I lose my shit because I live right around the corner. Im so excited I jump off the couch and yell out to the mrs. I wake her up and she goes "this better be good". Hahahaha

I begin to freak out as I realised that shit she may not be happy about this. I begin to tell her about the CoachKings at our venue at the local and how they have great wine and beer and the game has blessed our great venue. She goes yea thats great. because you woke me up near damn midnight you are buying me dinner and many wines tomorrow night.
She wasnt happy but I couldnt give a flying crap. I got my venue set for friday and saturday nights and some sunday arvos too.

Thank you Jock & boys.

jockreynolds · 09/02/2016 at 07:53

haha mag-bloody-nificent Pete!

Shak · 09/02/2016 at 01:46

Communities thoughts on Andrew Gaff? as a potential POD maybe..

Tones · 09/02/2016 at 22:31

Yeah Shak good selection depending on his starting price.

Shak · 10/02/2016 at 13:18

Priced at $560k not to bad I suppose, but will keep an eye on him in the nab challenge

Titan · 09/02/2016 at 08:32

Hope our teams are coming along community

So ive gone a pretty strong midfield with libba at m7

But forwards aee martin, feanklin, billings and greene

Should i downgrade parker/wines to omeara and upgrade billings and greene?

Or should i leave it the way it is?

Jimi · 09/02/2016 at 14:38

My thoughts for what they're worth:

With a midfield that deep I'm guessing your defence and possibly ruck lines must be weak. I think you can afford to go cheaper with defence this year, but if you've got more than 2 rookies starting in defence then you'll probably have problems. Not sure what your ruck setup is but you'd want at least 1 premo to start. Also such a strong midfield means you have less room to accommodate midfield rookie cash cows.

I'd avoid JOM like the plague.

I wouldn't make a call about Billings and Greene until after the NAB cup – but would only go one or the other, not both.

Titan · 09/02/2016 at 16:00

Cheers for the input guys
      Yeah iver got 3 400k backs
      Im currently running with
      Kk, docherty, smith, mckenzie and rookiesx4
      Ablett, pendles, jkp; shiel, rocky, libba omeara parish and rookiesx3
      Nic nat lobbe rookie
      Martin zorko Wingard franklin rookiesx4
      Thats after the change over

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 15:30

JOM won't be playing R1.

Saalih · 09/02/2016 at 12:37

DEF: KK, Bartel, Rich, B.Smith, Hibberd, Brown (dons) (Hartley, Bonner)
MID: Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, Wines, Libba, O"meara, Simpkins, Jansen (Petracca, Freeman, R.Davis)
RUC: Goldstein, Lobbe (Wyatt)
FWD: Martin, Barlow, Motlop, Sinclair, Wells, Kerridge (Kommer, T.Phillips)

have 260k in the bank and not sure where i should upgrade but i think my midfield is a little lit so maybe there, and i would really appreciate if there are any rookies which are must haves because i cant find many. thanks

Kev · 09/02/2016 at 13:04

Yeah Rocky is at M4 in a lot of teams. You need one more premium mid. Don’t stress about rookies, they’ll emerge during the nab cup.

Saalih · 09/02/2016 at 13:16

ive swapped wyatt for grimley and freeman for cuningham but might change him to francis or hopper.

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 15:33

Motlop will not be a good pick. Far to incosistant.

I would upgrade JOM to a premium. Sloane/Parker maybe or JPK if you can find a liitle extra cash.

Loyal Rough Nuts · 09/02/2016 at 14:03

haven't had the chance to listen to the podcast yesterday was a big day on the gas watching the superbowl, so apologies if this was discussed, Reece Conca at $284k seems very tempting as a f4 or f5 option.

Conca has been injury prone and not played a full 22 game season during his 5 year career, he comes across to me as someone who will likely avg around 80 ish and could make a nice $150k + in quick time if he gets early games.

Thoughts community?

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 15:35

i think Simpkin might be able to give similar output at a cheaper price. Conca is on my watchlist.

King of harts · 09/02/2016 at 14:31

Thoughts on my team???

Def Mcdonald laird kk aish Byrne Collins collins Hartley
Mids Danger Ablett Pendles Neale rockliff libba crouch
Gore petracca Cunningham Jansen
Ruck Jacobs lobbe grimly
Fwds Dusty Barlow Robinson Simpkin cockatoo kerridge Pickett brown

comeback kings · 09/02/2016 at 14:49

H. Shaw, E. Yeo, A. Francis, M. Brown (ESS), M. Hartley, K. Collins (M. Hibberd (NTH), N Broad)

GAJ, R. Sloane, T. Rockliff, O. Wines, Libba, B. Hartung, B. Crouch, C. Petracca (N. Freeman, J. Polkinghorn, B. Keays)

Goldy, Lobbe (S. Grimley)

D. Martin, Z. Merret, D. Wells, J. Simpkin, J. Schache, N. Kommer (S. Kerridge, T. Phillips)

$1,106,800 in the bank

Ive done this strategy every year, I don't aim for total points I only aim to win my leagues to beat my mates (obviously for bragging rights)
Rate my team considering the rookie approach I've gone with? Thanks!

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 15:38

why would you leave so much money in the bank?

Titan · 09/02/2016 at 16:41

That 240 points weekly just sitting there
    Dont do it i say

TJM · 09/02/2016 at 15:35

Any concern that Pendles is said to play more in the backline this season and give Aish, Treloar, Adams and De Goey more time?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 09/02/2016 at 15:53

Yep

West · 09/02/2016 at 15:56

I saw that too TJM. Might opt for someone else now and set him as an upgrade target

TJM · 09/02/2016 at 16:18

I'm not sold on Pendles now, thoughts on either Priddis, Hanners, or do I pick someone like Adams who is going to play more mid time.

andeh · 09/02/2016 at 17:41

It's a bit of a concern but i don't think it'll affect his output too much. Small sample size but he scored 155 v Geelong when he played exclusively off half back.
    I reckon he'll have around a 70/30 split between midfield and defence, but for important matches he'll almost certainly be playing as a mid, rather than being wasted down back.

@Seekersupacoach · 09/02/2016 at 23:08

I think having Pendles as an attacking mid/halfback that delivers from defence to forward of centre will be valuable and won't harm his score ( I hope because he's currently in my team)

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 04:51

He will rack up points no matter where he plays!!!

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 15:38

Not sure if Hartung is in the Hawks best 22 yet. He got the vest alot last year which suggests he is right on the edge or regular selection. But Litherland, Dureya, Whitcross, Langford, Woodford, webster all fighting for a place.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 09/02/2016 at 15:55

I think dureya is entrenched in best 22 after his final series and with suckling leaving.

Mac · 09/02/2016 at 15:43

Thoughts on Edwards from Richmond and Devon Smith?
Just trying to think of some POD's and I hear Smith will play more midfield time with Stevie J more than likely taking his spot as the deep crumbing forward sort of role.

West · 09/02/2016 at 15:54

I like the Devon pick.

With treloar gone id say its out of him and greene to play more mid time

Mac · 09/02/2016 at 16:41

Would you rate Devon over someone like Buddy and Barlow who are around the same price?

Bailey · 09/02/2016 at 16:51

Just read that Brodie smith will be playing across half back compared to up the ground last year. What does this mean for his output?

Stirlsy · 10/02/2016 at 04:54

Was all Australian at halfback and 2014 was his best year.

Liam · 09/02/2016 at 16:54

Bird and JPK
or
Crouch and Dahlhaus

Jimi · 09/02/2016 at 17:03

Greg · 09/02/2016 at 16:54

Pedles set to play a bit down back this season could this affect his output?

Greg · 09/02/2016 at 17:02

Jarrad McVeigh is said to be playing a rebounding roll off half back with Rhyce Shaw and Lewis Jetta gone this year. What could this do to his output??

Sully321 · 09/02/2016 at 17:18

Blicavs as r 1? Will his midfield time be enough to last as an r1 for at least the first 5 rounds? And to keep all year

Keenbutclueless · 09/02/2016 at 20:16

The change in role that Scott has signalled could make him a 120 average and be SC Gold. It might go the other way and he becomes a 95-105 player, but more effective for his team. I am really hoping NAB tells us more, because I also have him firmly on my radar

Westy · 09/02/2016 at 17:22

Fwd line is currently
Martin Dahlhaus Barlow Stanley B Kennedy Kerridge Kommer Petracca.

Grahame Lebroy · 09/02/2016 at 17:39

I am liking D.Kent from Melb as a POD for the F4 – 5 spot

Kev · 09/02/2016 at 18:15

Why…?

Grahame Lebroy · 09/02/2016 at 19:15

Think he could improve this year, pretty much injured last year. Depends how he scores nab cup , and what role he plays.

Keenbutclueless · 09/02/2016 at 20:12

I was looking at Sam Frost. At a discount price. Coming into the right year of development. With Dawes injured, I think he could average 70-75. Whether that is enough increase in value compared to a lesser price rookie is the question

West · 09/02/2016 at 18:37

Thoughts on Tom Nicholls? Will be number 1 ruck and can hit the ton often

could be his breakout year

Pat · 09/02/2016 at 19:29

How do we find the % selected?

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 19:48

Is having Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett, Pendlebury and Rocky in mids too much?

Grahame Lebroy · 09/02/2016 at 19:58

Probably but it sure looks good though

Keenbutclueless · 09/02/2016 at 19:59

Don’t think so Derek. Rocky fits the perfect M5 – someone outside top 30 prices , but you think will be keeper by end of year. He fits it so well, many of us have put him at M4 and looked at a Wines/Adams/Parker/Cripps as an M5. I guess we are throwing out our normal structures to accommodate the mid price delights on offer. On a pure GnR approach, Rocky would definitely be M5. Looking at many of the teams posted here, it can also depend if you run Lobbe at R2. Lobbe at R2 does free up enough cash to run Rocky at M5, Libba and possibly Crouch at M6/7.

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 21:19

Full team

McVeigh, Bartel, Yeo, smith, malceski, Hibberd (rice, brown)

Fyfe, Dangerfield, Ablett, Pendlebury, Rockliff, Libba, Cunningham, Keays, (Maitheson, Mengelola, beech)

NicNat, Lobbe, (Wyatt)

Dusty, Barlow, Rioli, Simpkin, Kerridge, Petracca, (Phillips, MacDonald)

This could be the best draft team I’ve put together this season 🙂

Keenbutclueless · 09/02/2016 at 21:49

Looks good. I know you like to go 5 deep in Defence, but McVeigh is the question mark for me. Interrupted pre season is never a good thing. I also understand that there really isn’t anyone else around that mark, and it’s a stretch to Shaw. If you only went 4 deep, you could use the McVeigh cash for a decent F4. The other alternative for the cash would be to upgrade Lobbe and bring in Crouch

Derek · 09/02/2016 at 22:10

McVeigh will be fine.

If I went with a rookie at D5 I would use the cash to upgrade Yeo to Shaw

jimmydowland · 09/02/2016 at 22:21

jimmydowland's team reveal

Defense – H. SHAW, A. RANCE, J. BARTEL, E. YEO, M. BROWN (WC), K. COLLINS / R. BONNER, M. HIBBERED

Midfield – N. FYFE, G. ABLETT, R. SLOANE, T. ROCKCLIFF, T. LIBBATOURE, S. KERRIRDGE, D. GORE, D. CUNNINGHAM / B. KEAYS, R. MATHIESON, J DUNKLEY

Ruckmen – T. GOLDSTEIN, M. LOBBE / M.KORCHECK

Forward – B. DELEDIO, D. MARTIN, L. DAHLHAUS, M. BARLOW, J PICKETT, C. PETRACCA / M BROWN (ESS), C LOERSCH

thoughts jock and co?? would love your suggestions and thoughts!!

up the community big year

Keenbutclueless · 09/02/2016 at 22:31

With a lot of teams stacking their midfield, yours looks a little light by comparison. Personally I would take Deledio out and put it into a gun midfielder.

jimmydowland · 10/02/2016 at 09:27

not a bad suggestion – hoping for some quality mid rookies!

Derek · 10/02/2016 at 08:41

You have got the most expensive player from each line. Leaves you too top heavy.

I think You could get them cheaper as an upgrade later

jimmydowland · 10/02/2016 at 09:30

true, goldy or lids might become a sauce jacobs/ wingard depending on things..

@Seekersupacoach · 09/02/2016 at 23:19

Have people gone cold on Bird now that more top up players have been named at Essendon?

Also thoughts on Tom Bell now at Brisbane. Is a forward but I suspect he'll play a heap in the mids. Currently on my radar but not in my side, potentially massive POD

murray · 10/02/2016 at 12:38

thoughts on my team please
MCVEIGH, KK,BARTEL, B SMITH, M BROWN (wce),M BROWN (ess), (HARTLEY,COLLINS)

DANGERFIELD, PENDLEBURY, ABLETT, ROCKLIFF,LIBBA, OMEARA, B CROUCH, PARISH, ( FRANCIS, KEAYS, MATHIESON)

NICNAT, LOBBE (KORCHECK)

MARTIN, DAHLHAUS, BARLOW, LEUENBERGER, HIPWOOD, KERRIDGE (PETRACCA, MCDONALD-TIPUNGWUTI)

Thoughts please

Andrew · 10/02/2016 at 19:00

Sloane or Gray?

Eric_the_Red · 10/02/2016 at 22:12

I like Gray.

Eric_the_Red · 10/02/2016 at 22:13

Tossing up between Simpkin and De Goey at FWD 4 at this stage. Any thoughts on the two? De Goey awkwardly priced but capable. Simpkin should earn some coin. Tough one.

murray · 11/02/2016 at 09:21

what is the communities vies on Hipwood from brisbane

Russ in W.A · 13/02/2016 at 22:00

Will Sinclair take the place of Pyke as Sydney's starting Ruck?

nick · 22/02/2016 at 20:51

Ok this is my team hope u guys like send me a message taking a punt on a few players hope it pays of

Def
Houli. Bartel. Rosa. Yeo. Brown. Howe. Bench bonner broad

Mids
Danger. Rockliff. Parker. M crouch. Libby. J simpkin. C mills . Petracca bench mathieson. Gore. Marcon

Rucks Goldy. Jacobs. Bench loresch

Fwds
Barlow. Tippet. D martin. J stringer. Kerridge. Grimly bench Rioli Kommer

What do u guys think i reckon this is my best team with out gaz pendles fyfe let me know

nick · 22/02/2016 at 20:56