POLL: $500K+ Midfield selections

Published by Lekdog on

MIDS 400K

G’day community!

It’s time to talk business; it’s time to talk midfield. The midfield is our fantasy engine room and it’s responsible for a large portion of our points, but whom will we be selecting?

Do we go big and grab four $600K+ players and never think about it again? Do we grab blokes around $500K who might have had a slow year in 2015, hoping they can bounce back? Or do we look to find this year’s breakout player?

In a year where most teams will have the same blokes who have been reduced in price such as Libba, Jaeger-Bomb or Crouch, our $500K+ selections are incredibly important.

So who are we selecting community?

REMEMBER – get your mates together and plan to visit your local venue during Round 1 for the first batch of COACHKINGS contests folks – venues are signing on left right and centre.. bung your email address in the form below to find our more, and have a gander and Jock and I in the CoachKings trailer below!

Which of these $500K+ MID options will you select this season?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

jamie · 06/02/2016 at 15:15

Treloar, dangerfield, priddis, hanneberry, beams

James · 06/02/2016 at 15:19

danger is $647,00 fyi lads

ill be taking (at this stage) danger, pendles, ablett, sloane, rocky

West · 06/02/2016 at 15:21

Sneaky chance of Jack Steven making his way into my team. Looks like he is in for a big one this year

HOLLA · 06/02/2016 at 23:42

Phil · 07/03/2016 at 23:30

14 games at Etihad and 3 at MCG. Barely leaves Melbourne. Definitely in.

Jimmy · 06/02/2016 at 15:21

Thoughts On Patrick Cripps this year Jock?

CarlaShirly · 06/02/2016 at 15:29

Cripps the better option to Wines I reckon

LuskinStar · 06/02/2016 at 20:57

At 500K+ you need to be a keeper. A midfield keeper should at least average 110. Cripps needs to lift his average by 14. I cant find a logical argument for such a big increase.

wombatsfc · 07/02/2016 at 11:29

He's a gun Jimmy last year was almost his first year and he was coming back from a broken leg so didn't do a proper preseason, yet he still managed to pump out a 150+ early and pretty much lead the competition in hard ball gets.
    This year he has had a full preseason, has grown another 2cm and put on more weight (bigger & stronger than Fyffe and Mundy) plus he isn't recovering from a broken leg. Add to that he now has a coach who isn't living in the 90's and I can't see a reason why he wouldn't increase by a miserly 20-30 points

CarlaShirley · 06/02/2016 at 15:25

Danger, Ablett, Pendles a must
Rockliff, Sloan, Beams, Priddis, Fyfe will be next tier and hard to pick who will score better out of Rock n beams

Treloar not getting mentioned much so far too risky?

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 15:34

You could just about flip a coin, but I'd just go Rock because he's cheaper

CarlaShirley · 06/02/2016 at 15:38

Yeah leaning toward this

Danger, Ablett, Pendles, Rock, Treloar, Liba, Crouch then rookies

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 15:39

Treloar just a bit too close to 600k, hard to squeeze in if you already have 3 600k MIDS.

CarlaShirley · 06/02/2016 at 15:46

Going a bit thin in backline this year. Last year I had 4 proven defenders and it backfired only 1 was a keeper so yeah going thin this time to load my midfield and forward line

@emhoy · 06/02/2016 at 17:13

I am doing same thing loading up in the mids with Danger, Gazza, Pendles, Rocky, Wines, Libba and Crouch

Kev · 06/02/2016 at 16:26

I’m put off by his lack of preseason

Stirlsy · 06/02/2016 at 18:02

He has been doing the work just running str8 lines Kev, i'v got him in because I can't fit Pendles in at the moment.
      Not to worried about Treloar's fitness if he lines up Rnd 1 ill probably go with him as a POD haven't seen him in to many teams and think he will get more freedom at Pie land then he did at GWS.

HOLLA · 06/02/2016 at 23:44

Sidey is a better pick i promise you. And cheaper.

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 15:30

Fyfe (if fit), Pendles, Gaz, Rockliff and 1 of (Prestia, Adams or Wines

What are the community's thoughts on Prestia, Adams and Wines?

CarlaShirley · 06/02/2016 at 15:34

Prestia could be back in a big way if Ablett stays fit fo whole year plus Omera coming back soon after season starts could be a good year for Prestia.
    Adams not sure Collingwood have a lot of mid depth now it will be hard to predict that one.
    I love Wines but I think Cripps is better option @ same ish price

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 15:36

I like Cripps, but 2nd year blues + limited midfield support. He'll have a target on his back every week this year and I just think he could struggle.

CarlaShirley · 06/02/2016 at 15:43

Fair enough Jim but he is a special player. Wines is a beast one day he will avg 27-30 pos @ 45-50% contested, that would be awesome.

vkvkvk · 06/02/2016 at 17:39

last year was his 2nd yer

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 17:53

Right you are.

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 15:55

Like Adams and Wines. Have t watch Prestia early but he’s a little bull.

Grahame Lebroy · 06/02/2016 at 18:03

Think all 3 r good picks , leaning towards Wines

'Don't Blush Babby' · 06/02/2016 at 15:50

Thoughts on Mitch Duncan ,just under 500k, started very well last until he got injured.

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 15:57

Love him blushy being a cats man. Massive talent and great pod

Dan · 07/02/2016 at 12:10

Can see him playing a huge attacking wing role with better contested players around him, prefers to kick, loves a goal and has elite efficiency, could seem him knocking out Hannerbury like numbers.

BIG watch on him through pre-season

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 15:53

Danger Gaz Rocky Parker Adams Libba + rooks

Tomahawk · 06/02/2016 at 16:15

Libya at M6!!?? Wowee.

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 16:18

Yeah why not. Where are you stickin him tomahawk?

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 16:32

That is where he should be, unless you are going with JOM and/Crouch

I have Danger, Pendlebury, Ablett, Jpk, Rocky, Libba +rookies

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 16:38

I’ve gone cold on jom/crouch unless swayed before round 1

Tomahawk · 06/02/2016 at 16:47

M5 currently just want to give myself as much scope for picking up the best players at their cheapest. But still early doors. Now i feel naked 😉

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 17:01

Ha ha. Had him there when considering jom/crouch. Could slide back there yet.

bingobronson · 06/02/2016 at 15:55

Hey there fellas, excited for the new season!

Let me know what you all think of my layout, of course rookies are up to changing but im open to any suggestions!

A little too risky, dont mind having a defence under 500?

DEF: KK, Yeo, Bartel, BSmith, Brown, Bonner (Hartley, Broad)

MID: God, Shiel, Rocky, TAdams, Cripps, Libba, BCrouch (Jansen, Freeman, Menegola)

RUC: Mummy, Lobbe (Chol)

FWD: Chops, Dahl, Barlow, Zorko, Kerridge, Petracca (Summer, Kommer)

Appreciate it 🙂

Kev · 06/02/2016 at 16:29

Nice, bingo. Can’t fault it. You’re one short in the mids

Titan · 06/02/2016 at 17:30

Nice
    Similar to the way ive set my team up
    But ive gone with a bit more money spent in the mids over the forwards

Grant Lewis · 06/02/2016 at 21:59

No mid fwd .link in mids

Mac · 06/02/2016 at 15:56

Ablett, Pendles, JPK, Rockliff, Adams

TJM · 06/02/2016 at 16:00

I like Adams but is he going to be a top 10 mid at the end of the year? At this stage my top 10 is:

Danger, Fyfe, Ablett, Pendles, Priddis, Beams, Rockliff, JPK, Hanners, Mundy/Gray

Tomahawk · 06/02/2016 at 16:20

Agreed. There's not much point in picking Adams if he's not in the Top 8-10 mids. It's a stagnate pick. Same as Parker really. And Wines. Hasn't Selwood fallen? Not considered in your top 10?

TJM · 06/02/2016 at 16:26

Yes Selwood has fallen, but at this stage his foot injury is a concern, he had surgery and the club didn't want it to get out in the media. That and Danger taking some of his points at this stage.

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 16:36

Does that mean you're just running a hardcore gun's and rookies strategy? There's only so many top 10 mids you can squeeze into a starting team.

TJM · 06/02/2016 at 16:41

At this stage yes, except I'm picking Shiel as a value pick as I see him improving this season. My current mid is Pendles, Ablett, Rockliff, JPK and Shiel

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 16:46

Had shiel start of last year impressive, running with toby fwds and heater def atm

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 17:56

I normally run that strategy, but with Libba/Crouch/JOM/Polec/Lobbe priced the way they are and such a dearth of reliable premium defenders I've drifted.

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 16:37

I'd have Selwood in top 10 still. What he has done deserves to be still considered in the top 10.

I' also have Sloane about equal with Hannaberry.

Stiffy · 06/02/2016 at 16:58

Whats your team look like Derek?

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 18:09

At the moment my team is

KK, Bartel, Yeo, Smith, Brown, Hibberd (Rookies)

Danger, Ablett, Pendlebury, JPK, Rocky, Libba, Gresham, Petrecca (Keays, Phillips, rookie)

NicNat, Lobbe

Dusty, Zorko, Rioli, Buddy, Simpkin, Kerridge (rookies)

Stirlsy · 06/02/2016 at 18:23

GEEWIZ TJM have you got any money left??? A set and forget guts to start with. Lol

Stirlsy · 06/02/2016 at 18:27

TJM read that wrong, sorry.

hedski · 06/02/2016 at 16:42

I think adams and parker could explode this year with jpk/hanners and dependles/sidey taking attention from opposition. PODS.

TJM · 06/02/2016 at 15:58

Are Ablett, Danger, Pendles and Rocky all a must start with?

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 16:38

I prefer Fyfe over Danger. But he might start slow this year

TJM · 06/02/2016 at 16:49

I'm a bit concerned with what Ross said about him playing forward, I wont start with him but I will pick him up later in the year.

Titan · 06/02/2016 at 17:33

Fyfe said he doesnt want to play forward
        And from the interview with robbo, i think he’ll play more mid and rest forward

Shaneo · 06/02/2016 at 15:58

Thoughts on my mids atm please ……. Pendles ,gaz,gray,rocky,wines,Libba , crouch ,Francis …… Bench – hopper, Jansen ,kerridge

Shaneo · 06/02/2016 at 16:06

See gray as a bit of a pod this year with mid status only …. Quite capable of 105-110 avg

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 16:39

Agree. I would have Gray over Wines.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2016 at 17:03

Yeah find it funny that Gray would b first picked if a fwd but now he is a mid only no love. Why is that? Gray is still elite. Yeah there are few better/dearer options but you don’t avg 110 last two years for nothing. Could even improve on this as was knocked out by a perfect gibbo tackle and port will b hungry to get back in the finals and he has some support back. Plays mids, pushes fwd kicks goals, durable plays nearly every game and is very consistent. Tick.

Current mids (subject to change)
      Danger, abs, gray, rocky
      One of these breakouts: Adams, Wines, Duncan
      And libba.
      Crouch depending on if and how he goes nab cup may also come in but at the moment he hasn’t made the cut.

Had all 3 power boys last year in the chad, gray and wines which may roll again with this but wines burnt me last year and reluctant to go again. Maybe a bit too bullish.

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 18:19

I think Gray has the same problem as Treloar – too close to the 600k mark. You're not going to bump Fyfe/Gaz/Pendles/Danger for Gray, (although a good argument can be made to start Gray over Danger IMO) and with most people starting with 3 600+ players in mids Gray just becomes too expensive.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2016 at 21:02

I’m gonna bump pendles. With all the up and comers and the new recruits at the magpies I am backing gray to score as well if not slightly better than pendles. Both gr8 players.

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 23:32

Hey I actually now have Gray at M4. This threat has made me change up my midfield about 3 times today.

Kahly · 06/02/2016 at 16:17

Nice work Lekky, Not settled on structure just yet but i"ll go in with a combination of these guys; backing Gibbs to bounce back this year……Ablett, Dependles, Priddis/Hannebery, Rockliff, Gibbs, Libba, Crouch/Jaegerbomb

King of harts · 06/02/2016 at 17:04

Slightly off topic but what’s people’s thoughts on hartung??? Reducing interchange, no more vest, running machine, high ceiling, sure to see more mid time with hawks eye for the future.

Alll signs point to break out yr

Slightly preferring him over injury prone crouch and still injured jom

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 17:55

I don’t think he will score that well. Hawks have Smith and Hill as thier outside runners, can’t see him getting much mid field time.

Even though he got vest a lot last year, when he came on he picked up a lot of east SC points. 80Sc type player imo.

I can see him under pressure for his place in team and I’m not convinced he is in their best 22

King of harts · 06/02/2016 at 21:36

I keep telling myself the same things but also in the back of my mind I see all the makings of a great supercoach player
      I.think I crunched the numbers last week and his non vest average was around the 80s with a few 120 but a few like 60s

Something tells me I’ll be kicking myself when I leave him out for crouch and crouch breaks down round 2

King of harts · 06/02/2016 at 22:18

Although I definitely see him in there best 22 as the beat runner at hawks

Millsy · 08/02/2016 at 00:55

Easily in best 22, he’s my sneaky to improve his average out of sight.. Works hard. Fast and decent disposal won’t be sub affected.. Go for it!

Kev · 06/02/2016 at 18:23

Someone I hadn’t considered, King of harts. Cheers for bringing him up. He’s a good player and can certainly find the footy, but I share the same reservations as Derek. On the fringe of their best 22.

HOLLA · 07/02/2016 at 00:14

What about O’Rourke

King of harts · 07/02/2016 at 09:18

Personally think that hartung is well ahead of him
      Played 18 games last yr and unlucky to not be a premiership player
      Haven’t heard mich on o’Rourke, how is he priced??

Davo · 06/02/2016 at 17:32

What do you guys think of my midfield…version 1 of 1000

Fyfe, God, rocky, wines, Libba, Omeara, crouch, parish (Petracca, Hibberd, Morabito). Bench players subject to being named round 1.

Titan · 06/02/2016 at 17:47

I think you need another guy higher then libba

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 17:57

Mid price madness.

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 18:04

Top 4 look good to me.

Those mid pricers are all returning from long term injury. I know they're tempting but I'd limit myself to 2 at most (hot tip: drop JOM

Unless Parish shows something very special during NAB I dare you say you'll find better rookie value elsewhere.

CoachDamo · 06/02/2016 at 18:47

I don't mind the mid-pricers, but 3 might be too many, especially consider that JOM probably won't be fit for Round 1.

Titan · 06/02/2016 at 18:09

Gday guys
Had a look at my mids to see how its looking
I was pretty happy
But i thought
What if i dropped a defender to upgrade my mids a little for a more safe scoring power
So i have
Pendles ablett jpk shiel rocky gibbs(hoping to bounce back) libba Parish
And rookies for the bench
Any thoughts would be great

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 18:24

After reading through this what about this for a mid setup:

Pendles, GAZ, Grey, Rockliff, Cripps, Libba, Polec, rookie (rookie, rookie, rookie)

Eagling · 06/02/2016 at 18:27

Big problem with the poll, lads. I'm only allowed five selections when I currently have six: Fyfe, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Ablett, Rockliff and Wines.

@t_woof · 06/02/2016 at 18:28

Dangerfield in so many teams.

I could be awfully wrong, but haven't even considered him due to the new club.

Anyone thinking similar? Wait and see how he scores, with possibility of being an upgrade target.

Jimi · 06/02/2016 at 18:33

Burned me in 2014, definite wait and see.

@t_woof · 06/02/2016 at 18:35

I know that feeling Jimi!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2016 at 21:45

Burned me last year not having him. For that reason probably gonna be in but again nab cup should tell us more.

Titan · 06/02/2016 at 18:34

Yeah im the same with danger
    But only because selwood struggling, so more pressure on him
    I think the best cat mid to get is duncan

@t_woof · 06/02/2016 at 18:36

Joel Selwood will bounce back. He's too good not too.

Could be an outstanding unique selection this year.

Titan · 06/02/2016 at 18:41

Oh yeah he will no dought
        But he will strat slow

holty · 06/02/2016 at 23:02

just be careful with the starting slow thought. last time he was underdone in 2014, he averaged 145 in his first 3 games. If he is fit for rd1, i will have to pick him at his price

throttlefinger · 06/02/2016 at 21:33

Same thinking Twoof. Cats have a more robust midfield than Crows so while he will do well, don't think he'll go off the chain as much.

Mac · 06/02/2016 at 18:35

Sam Grimley signed with the Dons, what price will he be?

Shezza · 06/02/2016 at 20:13

He’d have to be $123k mark I reckon. He is now my third ruck (assuming he is forward/ruck option)

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/02/2016 at 20:59

$128k

Jackwatt$ · 06/02/2016 at 22:07

Wouldn't pay any more for him, still probably needs a injury to McKernan or Daniher to crack the 22,so not sure if he's any better than Lowden as a pick

'Don't Blush Babby' · 07/02/2016 at 00:08

and Luey

Bramigan · 06/02/2016 at 19:19

Pendles, Ablett, Priddis, Rocky, Libba, JOM, Parish, Petracca (Keays, Morabito, Mathieson)

BKW · 06/02/2016 at 19:26

Wanted to vote for 7 which included chopsticks and Dahl in forward line (poll only let’s you select five)

Other current selections are Danger, GAJ, Gray, Bont and Rocky

Shak · 06/02/2016 at 19:51

Love that Sam Mitchell's being overlooked by so many coaches! #1 for most diposals and average dispoals per game in 2015 and his lowest score of last season was an 86. Mitchell's like a fine wine and only gets better with age 🙂

Mac · 06/02/2016 at 19:53

With the game going to become more open this year, I doubt Mitchell will be able to get as much of the ball. He can't run. With less interchanges, the game will become more open and less rolling packs, which Mitchell thrives on by getting it in and out of there.

Derek · 06/02/2016 at 20:00

I had Sam from round 1 last year, started at $480k. He isnt a bargin this year.

He was frustrating to have last year, would be 100sc at 3/4 and would rest on the bench for most of the last quarter, so never got massive scores.

Massive Hawks fan, but won’t be in my team this year

'Don't Blush Babby' · 07/02/2016 at 00:02

Copy That Derek, the Hawks players are very frustrating. The only player I'm considering this year is Birchall at this stage

Shak · 07/02/2016 at 20:15

That's a very valid point. I guess we'll just have to wait and see. I'm a massive Mitchell fan and believe he's going to play an integral role this season despite having less interchanges and him turning 34 at the latter stages of this year, clarkson is a genius and will find a role for sammy to play that will enable him to still get a lot of the pill while still being able to get loose. I'm a firm believer in him and he's just about as consistent as it gets and consistency is vital in SC. huge season for him and with the hawks chasing the fourpeat, Sam will definitely be in the thick of the action.

Arthur Mungs · 07/02/2016 at 10:13

And just like a fine wine, he will need to be rested!

Cam · 06/02/2016 at 19:59

Hi guys, I see a few teams with the likes of Cripps, Adams and the like in them. Are they worth having becuase by the end of the year you will be wanting the best 8 mids in your team, unless people plan on them for bench cover?

'Don't Blush Babby' · 06/02/2016 at 23:56

Cam , IMO I look at my team 'NOW" and say have i got at least 12 genuine keepers in my team , you may be lucky and have 2 – 4 mid pricers that have excelled that you can call keepers throughout the season. The rest you trade through. Good Luck

Derek · 07/02/2016 at 06:12

I agree. Try and start season with at least 12 players you will be happy to still have round 23

Cam · 07/02/2016 at 08:33

Do you guys class Adams/Cripps as keepers?

Grahame Lebroy · 07/02/2016 at 09:04

I doubt either will be top 10 mid but u might get away with keeping ond

Steve · 06/02/2016 at 22:10

Hey community,
Thoughts on my team??

DEF: Mcveigh, Yeo, KK, Weitering, Dea, Hipwood (Hibberd, Hewett)
MID: Gaz, Ward, Hanners, Rocky, Mundy, Wines, Libba, Mills (Kerridge, Freeman, Jansen)
RUC: Blicavs, Lobbe (Wyatt)
FOR: Zorko, Barlow, Motlop, Schache, C.Curnow, Petracca (Brown, Beech)

Cheers

'Don't Blush Babby' · 06/02/2016 at 23:46

McVeigh, Weitering,Freeman probably won't play R1,Blicavs ruck will be Vardy but i like Schache ,he will finish at 500k at years end – all IMO Steve – good luck mate

HOLLA · 07/02/2016 at 00:00

Vardy will mainly play forward

holty · 06/02/2016 at 22:51

midfield will be Pendles Ablett Jelwood Rocky Libba Titch Crouch then rookies.
obviously Jelwood depends if he is available for rd1. Kennedy will replace him if not. Fyfe would be a definite starter if there were no doubts with his fitness. Not sure what to expect with Danger this year being at a new club so will hold off until later.
plenty of value this year in the mids.

HOLLA · 06/02/2016 at 23:59

Current midfield.
T.mitchell steven
Shiel Rockliff
adams Libba
omeara Hopper

Input please community

'Don't Blush Babby' · 07/02/2016 at 00:06

Lek my man , last year your you picked R.Murphy for your gun, who is it this year ?

Bailey · 07/02/2016 at 00:34

Fyfe pendles Ablett Rockliff ( wines / Cripps ) Libba JOM hopper

BundyBear · 07/02/2016 at 03:48

I just started a public league and am looking for players that will play all year, Team name is Oddballs. league number 193755. Would love some people to join. This is my 4th year playing and I enjoy it a lot. I do hope some will join. Thankyou for your time. Brian

murray · 10/02/2016 at 09:25

i will join bundybear, I am a top 1000 coach last season

shezza · 07/02/2016 at 03:53

Current midfield:
Dangerfield Ablett Hannebery rockliff Adams Libba O’Mears Crouch Keays Mathieson B Kennedy

Titan · 07/02/2016 at 07:43

Gday guys
I was thinking about who i think would be top 10 def/mid/fwd and top 5 ruck
Because youd want as many as possible in your starting team to save trades and headaches
So i had a quick look
A very quick look so i know im gonna miss some players
But these are mine

Dahlhaus
Zorko
Wingard
Bennell
Z merrett
Billings
Greene/smith depending on which gets more mid time as treloar now at pies

Let me know what you think
Or any other ideas or players i may of missed

TJM · 07/02/2016 at 08:31

Priddis, Hanners?

Titan · 07/02/2016 at 17:30

I think parker will surpass hanners
      I must of scrolled past too quick
      Probably drop shiel for him

Rob · 07/02/2016 at 09:33

B.Crouch (306k) or J.Polec (303k)??

Kev · 07/02/2016 at 11:13

If both are fit and firing I’d go Crouch, but only just. He tackles more.

Jack · 07/02/2016 at 19:35

Pendles, Ablett, JPK, Joel Selwood, Rocky. Is everybody sleeping on Selwood after last season or just hesitant because of his injury? I’m also super keen on Dylan Shiel, I feel like he’s ready to break out big time.

Loggs · 07/02/2016 at 21:01

Fyfe, GAJ, Danger, Priddis, Rockliff, Cripps, Gibbs, Libba (Kennedy, Parish, Mathieson)
What do people think?

Bobby Singh · 08/02/2016 at 20:26

Fyfe or Danger?

Will · 09/02/2016 at 17:14

My midfielders very well likely be Ablett, Danger, Pendles, Shiel, Rocky, Cripps and Libba..

Will McKay · 10/02/2016 at 20:55

Hi all this my 2nd season was wanting some suggestions for rookies who are likely to get a start rd1

Pavos · 11/02/2016 at 10:55

Dahlhaus or stringer or Barlow or someone else (already got Dustin and buddy)