The fallen premium.
The tried and true premium fantasy scoring beast fallen on hard times. The fallen premium is a fantasy species that MUST NOT be ignored by ANY bloke worth his salt leading into a season.
And Tom Liberatore absolutely fits the bill in 2016.
You see community, there are two types of midpriced selection out there. On the one hand there are young colts who show a hell of a lot of promise. On the other hand you have your seasoned campaigner who’s dropped in price. Genuine runs on the board. Been to the mountain.
I know which type I prefer.
|2016 Prices:||$358K SC, $443K AF, $7K CoachKings|
|Games last season:||0 (22 in both 2014 and 2013)|
|Average last season:||NA (110 in 2014, 107 in 2013)|
|100+ SC Games last season:||NA|
|Sub 80 SC games last season:||NA|
|SCPrice range last season:||$593K starting price last year|
|Missed games last season:||All. Stuffed his knee in preseason.|
The case for:
- Just have a look at his 2014 season. A Supercoach average of 110, backing up his 107 average in 2013.
- He averaged 8 tackles. 24 possessions. He ranked 1st in the league for both tackles and clearances
- Obviously price, in all formats. When you look at his CoachKings starting price of $7,000 – you would have a significant set of spuds on you if you choose against locking Libba into your lineup down the pub.
The case against:
- Returning from an ACL injury. A bad one. But goodness me, provided he gets through a solid preseason and proves himself this is a risk you might have to take.
- Is there an attitude issue here? He’s been sanctioned in the past in relation to possession of illicit substances of some kind. And he was in the bad books at The Kennell again last year during his knee rehab for missing club appointments. Could be some cause for concern here.
- The Doggies had one hell of a 2015 season. We saw the emergency of The Bont. Bevo breathed new life into Mitch Wallis. Stringer. Macrae. Dahlhaus. Where does Libba fit in this mix? Perhaps if anything the emergence of these lads mean that Libba can slot back in with less attention from the opposition.
- Simple for me. If he’s fit Round 1 he lines up in my fantasy teams this year. No ifs. No buts. He’s in.