Libba Smaller

The fallen premium.

The tried and true premium fantasy scoring beast fallen on hard times. The fallen premium is a fantasy species that MUST NOT be ignored by ANY bloke worth his salt leading into a season.

And Tom Liberatore absolutely fits the bill in 2016.

You see community, there are two types of midpriced selection out there. On the one hand there are young colts who show a hell of a lot of promise. On the other hand you have your seasoned campaigner who’s dropped in price. Genuine runs on the board. Been to the mountain.

I know which type I prefer.

2016 Prices: $358K SC, $443K AF, $7K CoachKings
2016 Position: MID
Games last season: 0 (22 in both 2014 and 2013)
Average last season: NA (110 in 2014, 107 in 2013)
100+ SC Games last season: NA
Sub 80 SC games last season: NA
SCPrice range last season: $593K starting price last year
Missed games last season: All. Stuffed his knee in preseason.

The case for:

• Just have a look at his 2014 season. A Supercoach average of 110, backing up his 107 average in 2013.
  • He averaged 8 tackles. 24 possessions. He ranked 1st in the league for both tackles and clearances
  • Obviously price, in all formats. When you look at his CoachKings starting price of $7,000 – you would have a significant set of spuds on you if you choose against locking Libba into your lineup down the pub.

The case against:

• Returning from an ACL injury. A bad one. But goodness me, provided he gets through a solid preseason and proves himself this is a risk you might have to take.
  • Is there an attitude issue here? He’s been sanctioned in the past in relation to possession of illicit substances of some kind. And he was in the bad books at The Kennell again last year during his knee rehab for missing club appointments. Could be some cause for concern here.
  • The Doggies had one hell of a 2015 season. We saw the emergency of The Bont. Bevo breathed new life into Mitch Wallis. Stringer. Macrae. Dahlhaus. Where does Libba fit in this mix? Perhaps if anything the emergence of these lads mean that Libba can slot back in with less attention from the opposition.

The verdict:

• Simple for me. If he’s fit Round 1 he lines up in my fantasy teams this year. No ifs. No buts. He’s in.

Community – is Libba lining up for your mob in 2016?

Sarah · 22/01/2016 at 14:02

Absolute lock at that starting price. Far too good to ignore!

jockreynolds · 22/01/2016 at 14:10

Great to have you back around the joint Sarah! Hope all is well. Absolutely. Lock him in and chuck away the key I reckon

Sarah · 22/01/2016 at 14:24

All is well now that you guys are back!! I was going a little crazy without this website and your wisdoms!

Benchwarmers · 22/01/2016 at 14:06

Jock, the little Libba is locked in hook line n' sinker! Reckon he'll be a keeper for sure mate, and at that starting price, gold mate gold!

jedda · 22/01/2016 at 14:07

number 1 first pick in my team jock

jockreynolds · 22/01/2016 at 14:11

Pretty close to first picked here as well Jedda

wombatsfc · 22/01/2016 at 14:13

It's a tough question Jock. Do I get Libba or do I stuff my team right from the start? I'm leaning towards the having Libba option

jockreynolds · 22/01/2016 at 14:26

Ha ha yes. Not such a tough call is it old mate!

Kanga · 22/01/2016 at 14:18

He,d get a game at Hawthorn, nuff said!

West · 22/01/2016 at 14:26

LOCK

Dools · 22/01/2016 at 14:31

after Dependelberry and Baby Jesus he is next in the Mids for the returning to The KrakenKats….

throttlefinger · 23/01/2016 at 21:52

With you there, Dools.

Kev · 22/01/2016 at 14:36

Absolutely zero risk picking up Libba at that price. Locked in.

Thoughts on Stringer community? Carved it up towers the end of 2015. DPP would have him close to a lock, just dunno if I have the testicular fortitude to have him in a valuable midfield spot

Stirlsy · 22/01/2016 at 15:05

Beware the player coming back from a knee, they just don't score like they used too in that first 12months back. But this guy could be the exception to that rule. I could be wrong but didn't he's old man do a knee at some stage and I think he came back without missing a beat, yes im going back a bit there Jock, maybe you could shed some light on that for the community.
How will the coach use him ease him back in the FWD line or let him off the leash in the GUTS to get the hard ball out to Bont.
Either way he is in the lineup and hopefully there he will stay for the season.

Derek · 22/01/2016 at 15:07

Dogs do have Fremantle and Hawks in their first three games, might be a slow start. Not sure if he will be in my team at the end of the year, but he is a certainty for the start of the season.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 22/01/2016 at 15:12

Do we even need to ask? If fit round one lock it in Eddie no need to phone a friend on this one. I can see libba breaking all records as the most selected player in the history of SC. Too good not to have at this price.

Johnno · 22/01/2016 at 15:56

Thoughts on Angus brayshaw as a forward?

Sarah · 23/01/2016 at 06:35

I like him, but it's a massive risk. He has been in a couple of my team drafts. Will be watching his NAB.

The German · 22/01/2016 at 16:02

Locked, loaded like a 1300A.D. chastity belt

wombatsfc · 22/01/2016 at 17:39

Haha that's a perfect analogy German. Libba is the chastity belt of the 2016 SC team. if you don't have you might end up being rogered

kevwal · 22/01/2016 at 19:29

Hi wombats, what do you think of this backline, does it fit you're formula? Feels pretty good to me.
      Yeo,Rosa,Dureay,Malceski,Whitecross,Francis,Otten,Brown.

kevwal · 22/01/2016 at 19:38

Sorry German, didn't mean to hijack your post. We need as team stream. Kevan

wombatsfc · 22/01/2016 at 22:08

Geez Kev that was last years backline formula, WADA banned it this year coz you needed to be on drugs to understand it.
        What you posted looks like the waiting list for a footballer injury clinic and I reckon a few of them are still inpatients. But you never know they could all end up as top 10 defenders.
        The same Maths patterns I used predict Eski's downfall last year suggest that he is in for another blinder this year but that doesn't factor age and improving teammates

kevwal · 23/01/2016 at 00:59

The walking hospital ward all right, but what a bunch of pods if it worked. I don't think I'll end up with the list though. Like Yeo and Rosa, will probably keep them to start with. I like Sarah's favourite from last season, Paul Seedsman and another Crow, Rory Laird. Long way to go yet.

Sarah · 23/01/2016 at 06:39

Hey Kevwal! Welcome back! Not sure yet how the crows will be lining up. Watch the NAB closely and lock in the one who looks like he's getting some midfield time. There are too many half back types at the crows that they all can't play there: Seedsman, Laird, Hampton, Smith, Jeansch (when he returns). They're all good enough to be in the team, so some of them will need to play further up the ground to fit into the back 6 with Talia, Hartigan, Brown and Lever. I definitely think every supercoach team should have at least 1 crow in their backline from my first list!

kevwal · 23/01/2016 at 10:38

Hi Sarah. A crow in my backline will happen, but so many possible breakout players. Have been doing the sums on Adelaide, I like to do things in order. The two with the strongest claims and at the right price range are Seedsman and Laird, closely followed by Hampton and Jaensch when/if he returns. One question for you though, do you think Dean Gore will get regular game time?

Sarah · 23/01/2016 at 10:50

I'm not sure on Gore. The crows obviously like him, but I think Lyons, Grigg, Ellis-Yoleman and Atkins might be ahead of him for more game time at this stage… plus there's (fingers crossed) also Brad Crouch that'll be filling Danger's spot in the middle. I'm keeping an eye on Gore and Wigg for the NAB games, but with a new coach, until they line up for a couple of games it's hard to know how Pyke will set the side up and who he sees in his best 22. He has mentioned a couple of times that he will be rewarding those who've stepped up over the preseason… so yeah, my advice is to play close attention to the NAB games!

Another team to keep an eye on over the NAB games is Sydney. They had a few retirees last year and traded Jetta. Will be interesting to see how their best 22 changes as well 😉

kevwal · 23/01/2016 at 11:42

I'm looking closely at the Swannies as well. Could be some bargains there. Brad Crouch, what an enigma, the question is, how do you fit him in your top six midfielders? Or, how do you NOT fit him in.

Phil · 23/01/2016 at 14:03

What about Smith? He's the one I want

The Ranger · 22/01/2016 at 16:05

He's got to be a lock surely?!
Still pondering wether I can fit him, O'Meare and BCrouch in my team at the same time but if I do drop one of them it won't be Libba.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 23/01/2016 at 13:08

Was gonna go treloar and bird but now read treloar is on a modified program and may not play Rd 1. So thinking of going dusty and JOM Rd 1. What do you think is the better scoring combination?
    Will give me the 3 musketeers L.O.C in the middle but Bennell, Dahl, dusty, Barlow and wingard up fwd. So no changes there and may need to upgrade 2 or 3 of L.O.C during the season. Any thoughts? I’m thinking dusty combo is pretty good.

@t_woof · 22/01/2016 at 16:06

To quote Crouching "He Bloody LOCK!"

Keenbutclueless · 22/01/2016 at 18:34

The real question on Libba is M5 or M6. Working on the GnR structure I learned here, M5 is the player outside the top 20 who you are betting will be a permanent keeper, averaging 110+. For M5 that’s a competition with Rocky. If you play Rocky as M4, then maybe he is in competition with Wines, Parker, Bont and Cripps. I think all of those have him covered at M5. So, if it is M6, what does it do to our structures? For me, picking Libba means I can’t pick Mackenzie at D5 or Parish at M7. Not without forcing a mid priced strategy. So, he becomes M6 for me and he becomes my 15th premo. But it does mean I don’t have Mackenzie, Lobbe, Bird or any 200k rookie. A lot resting on your shoulders Libba!

Girdle · 22/01/2016 at 19:06

Coachkings, aye? At least we know how the podcast is back. Sponsorship is inevitable these days, I guess. Good to see you all back!

Oh yeah…..Libba is a lock

jockreynolds · 23/01/2016 at 10:04

Absolute lock Gird! Not just a sponsorship mate – we're creating the game! Can't tell you how aroused I am, this will be large

Big G · 22/01/2016 at 19:17

Is B Crouch just a good option?

Girdle · 22/01/2016 at 19:48

He was widely tipped to breakout last year at $510k starting price. If he gets through pre-season then start finding room for him. If fit he’ll bring you 95+ avg till the byes

Phil · 22/01/2016 at 19:48

Yes. There's 2 types of people that won't pick Crouch. People who are worried he might get injured and people who haven't seen him play

LuskinStar · 22/01/2016 at 23:44

You can also throw in Jaeger. 3 guns under 400K

THE SALTSHAKERS · 31/01/2016 at 17:48

him and his brother tore the TAC apart as kids. I think Brad avg 32 pos and Matt avg 37 both future guns of the game, can play, just whether or not Brad can stay inj free. Brad seems more confident from the time he has had, he has showed he belongs.. Before his last injury he had played at a developing high level, avg 97 i think from memory. Cracked a few 100s, think Parker, when you saw him play it was no question he would walk into that midfield if he wasnt inj but that unfortunately has been his career to date. Matt hasnt really had the same mid opportunities, he has played some accomplished football, he just hasnt as adjusted as fast as his brother, and hasnt won that midfield spot for himself just yet. I think once Matt does mature and starts taking the game on he will be better than his brother. For those that are Crows fans its a bit of an enigma, they got them both which was a huge win for the recruitment dept as both brothers were stand outs as juniors.

Taking Brad this year but is huge risk inj wise, hopefully they have been able to work out a program for him, and he is of strength to get through his first season so we know where he is at. With Danger gone, will need to step up and support Sloane. Thats the scenario im playing out in my head like many SC taking the punt. I think you have to at that price.

West · 22/01/2016 at 19:34

Anyone know Dylan Shiels price? Had a great year last year but ruined by injury so thinking he could go bigger and better in 2016

Girdle · 22/01/2016 at 19:45

$554600

West · 22/01/2016 at 19:46

cheers Girdle

@wheels_1987 · 22/01/2016 at 20:22

Libba the Lock

Chicko · 22/01/2016 at 22:33

Locked in and nothing will change my mind come round 1 Jock old mate unless something goes twang. Had him in 2014, will have him in 2016.

LuskinStar · 22/01/2016 at 23:42

Libba at that price is a gift from the Supercoach Gods. Beware the Supercoach Gods bearing gifts

Gaveday · 23/01/2016 at 07:04

Ablett,Rockliff,Sloane,swallow,omeara,Selwood,crouch,wines,Libba and if fit Trengrove are all unders and all in my midfield.
Locked in except Sloane, and I ain't changing my mind. Like that matters to you. :p

Mac · 23/01/2016 at 10:15

Have fun making each of your other lines good, but each to their own. Don't know why you would have Swallow in your team, not the greatest scorer going around, would prefer Cripps for about 20k more.

SCaddict · 23/01/2016 at 18:39

If Libba plays Rd1 as anticipated he'll be in EVERY team that counts (just like Sandiballs 2014) so not much to discuss really.

Only a matter of picking another 29 players now. 🙂

throttlefinger · 23/01/2016 at 21:53

Surely you jest. I'm sure you've already clogged your hard drive with 38 versions of your squad and have at least 5 you've settled on, SCaddict.

SCaddict · 23/01/2016 at 23:23

Indeed I have about a dozen locks right now (not including the new batch of rookies) assuming these guys all play Rd1 of course. How about you dude?

I see Blatt finally went splat on the same day no less that the other 2015 NBA Finals coach returned to the sidelines.

Looks like getting schooled by the Dubs at home earlier in the week was the straw that broke the camel's back, as many were surprised he lasted as long as he did.

throttlefinger · 23/01/2016 at 23:36

Naw. Other factors were involved. That drubbing certainly didn't help. Biggest issue was he was a "new" NBA coach. Was brought in to be a developmental coach and LBJ coming back was a genuine surprised to the org. Was an NBA virgin who wanted to be treated like he already made his bones. Erratic rotations didn't help build players' trust either.

Hope Lue can reign in the King's ego. SF should not be running plays or calling for isolations every time down the court. Shall see.

In truth, can't really watch NBA. Even last season. Haven't watched a whole game yet. Substandard play. Grew up playing hoops and watching the Lakers, Celtics, 76ers and Detroit. What goes on for hoops these days is hard on the eyes. NBA did a great job of widening the audience yet the play has sunk. Oh well. Times change…

SC-wise, feeling pretty good. Going for the stout midfield and one prem then value on the other lines. (May go Lids and Dahl in the fwd line). Feeling good so far. Then again, not sure how many rooks will be available.

jordo · 23/01/2016 at 19:24

Community a quicky. How will the prices for Dons top up players work. Will James Kelly be a 100k defender? Cheers

shezza · 23/01/2016 at 19:51

Yes to both Libba and Crouch…no to O'Meara

Womens Health Forum · 24/01/2016 at 01:10

Overall I'm a bit happier than I was with it last year when all these highlight reel players (Nic Nat, Rioli, etc) made the team suggesting that an All-Australian birth is based on a couple of memorable plays a week.

Womens Health Forum Australia

Mr Miyagi · 24/01/2016 at 09:35

Tom is the bomb and leave him out is just wrong

LEKD0G · 25/01/2016 at 15:13

Delete the page Jock, we don't even need to discuss this one…Lockatore is in.

Sunny · 01/02/2016 at 18:17

Hang on Lek, doesn’t his haircut make him a ‘No’ .

ashtapadoversea · 03/12/2016 at 20:08

What a good article you've written here today. It's certainly been a good day today.

jaimanmeal · 21/06/2017 at 21:34

Extremely informative piece of information. This step by step process guide will surely helpful for people who are trying it for the first time.

rajveerstain · 28/06/2017 at 22:12

Nice work, I've bookmarked this page..!!

ganpatind · 01/07/2017 at 19:56

Useful information on topics that plenty are interested on for this wonderful post..

Siddhagiri20 · 23/11/2018 at 21:50

Thanks for sharing very nice blog. https://www.siddhagiri.net/coppernickel/copper-ni

Ariesalloy · 27/11/2018 at 17:00