We know him as The Sloane Ranger.
And over the past years we have watched with genuine arousal as young Rory has consistently delivered a regular premium fantasy score.
Yet we also know that 2015 was a difficult year for Rory. The tragic death of Phil Walsh. Injury. He was forced to don the dreaded red vest three times through the guts of the season – and copped a fair dinkum smash to the jaw leading to a three week sit on the sidelines.
But if you’ve been around this joint long enough you’ll know that turning adversity into opportunity is bread and drippin for our community. Let’s assess this beautiful individual’s fantasy relevance for season 2016:
|2016 Prices:||$569K SC, $527K AF, $8.5K CoachKings|
|Games last season:||16|
|Average last season:||105 SC, 95 AF, 107 CK|
|100+ SC Games last season:||9 (including six 120+ games)|
|Sub 80 SC games last season:||5|
|SCPrice range last season:||$619K – $454K|
|Missed games last season:||5 – including Phil Walsh missed round and stuffed jaw|
The case for:
- There’s no doubt he will come in at unders in all fantasy formats. This bloke is well and truly capable of delivering week to week relentless premium output. A proven entity here.
- Consistency is extremely important in the long form of the caper – and Rory is one of the most consistent in the business. Look back at his 2014 season where he had a non interrupted crack at things. He only drifted below the Supercoach ton 3 times
- Just coming into his majestic prime now at 25 years of age. His body is blossoming. His endurance is reaching peak. His strength is increasing – and the length of his teeth is no issue at all. Absolutely primed
The case against:
- Dangerfield. Does the fact that Patrick Dangerfield has nicked off back to Geelong make this tougher for Sloane in the guts in 2016? We do know that the two times the Crows were Dangerless in 2013 Sloane was below his best, but we all know that 2 swallows don’t make a summer’s fart. Still must be a consideration
- In long form fantasy Sloane will cop the first batch of byes in round 13. Could be a case here for a post bye upgrade target
- You can’t go far wrong here community. Set aside his anus horrible 2015 season – the Crows just had a terrible time of it for obvious reasons. Very likely starter in my long form teams. Adelaide folk – rest assured that he will be available for selection in the North Melbourne v Adelaide CoachKings contest in venues across South Australia