Dear Community. These past few days are ones we never want to experience. We thought long and hard about not publishing a Check-In this week as a mark of respect to Phil Walsh, but we have taken our lead from the greater football community, and as they have mostly continued on in a reflective, sombre and muted state and honoured the memory of Phil Walsh – we will do the same.

The words have failed me, and a lot of us, over the past 72 hours. We are all shocked, we are all dismayed at this loss. Phil Walsh was a much loved football person with a great passion for our game, moreover the players and the people within the game. Football is about people. Life is about people. Just reading the tweets from the Adelaide players, and others who knew him well in the football world, it is clear that Phil Walsh had an unbelievable ability to motivate, teach and touch people with his positivity. On behalf of the Jock Reynolds website, we pass on our condolences and thoughts to the Walsh family and all those within the football community at Adelaide and Port Adelaide football clubs. Our thoughts are with you. Rest In Peace Phil Walsh.

Onto the Check-In.

Chicko - elite fantasy analystCommunity, please forgive me if this version of the Check-In is lighter than normal in its levity. Some of you may say, it’s always light in that department anyhow!

In Supercoach terms, this weekend has been significant for one reason. GARY ABLETT JUNIOR IS BACK!! In the first quarter and a half, I thought maybe, just maybe, he wasn’t the same player – he looked a little slower, he looked hurt and he looked like his beard was weighing him down and then……BANG! The Little Master went back to what we all know and love of him – his winning of the ball at the contest and going on with it! How is this for some numbers? The beautiful bald headed beast finished with 31 disposals, 18 kicks, 13 handballs, 14 contested possessions, 3 tackles and 3 goals at 81% disposal efficiency for 124 points. His price will continue to fall but if you, like me, had Sloane and waited to see how GAJ performed – then you may have found a suitable replacement in a week or two.

This weekend has also been notable for some massive scores from our premiums. You may recall, last week, that I questioned some of the output we had seen from our premiums. Not this week. Just check out this table!

Player

Lewis

78%

125

Hodge

55%

119

As you can see, the monster scores have been dominated by large possessions numbers and a dominance of kicks to handballs, with a high percentage of contested possessions at decent disposal efficiency. Just look at Matty Boyd’s 94% DE – amazing stuff following Bob Murphy’s 100% DE last week.

Well done to all those that used the VC loophole to their advantage this week. I outsmarted myself (not hard to do) and went with Ward into Fyfe which did not pay off, so I kept the Captain on Fyfe and the Wolf has had a very rare bad game (27 disposals, mostly kicks and contested  but at 33% DE). However, I know many went with either Pendles, Goldy or JPK and have been very handsomely rewarded – well done!

So what is this week’s dilemma?

To trade, or not to trade in GAJ, that is the question!?

I know many teams are at full premium. I also know many people were deliberating on whether to chop Griffen – he was also back to his best this week, pumping out a very nice 119 against the Tigers. Owners were duly rewarded for their patience. If you think Griffen will still be up and down, he might be a good candidate to be upgraded to GAJ.

For me, I am looking at Jobe Watson as that potential candidate – he is a champion player, an outstanding Captain, but he is either playing hurt, or has the weight of WADA on his mind, or both.

So what am I thinking about this week?

I think I will wait a week or two, to see Gary Ablett Junior string a couple of games together, and then look to trade him in once his price has bottomed out (or close to).

What are you thinking about community?

Over to you community, the poll this week is, what will you do?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Always  keen to hear your thoughts community so please tweet me @chicko_lcs with any questions or dilemmas of your own. May the premium output continue!

Cheers

Chicko

alex · 06/07/2015 at 14:02

Chicko do u reckon having a full premo side with on mid field spot waiting on gaj is alright

Chicko · 06/07/2015 at 14:16

Hey Alex, I actually do think that is alright mate. There are still a few sides running Oxley and Saad in defence onfield with full premo mids. As long as you bring Gazz in the next 2 or 3 weeks, then I think you are fine. Having said that, it does depend as to who you have on field at M8.

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:27

I’ve been holding cripps at m8 for gaj, think he’ll become gray this week who will duly be shifted into the forward line to make space for the mighty bald headed one next week….

Tom · 06/07/2015 at 15:35

Gray still has a massive BE… be aware

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:41

124 hardly massive….

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/07/2015 at 22:04

Yep going the extractor to yablett in 2-3 weeks depending on how he goes and pulls up.

Mac · 06/07/2015 at 14:09

My midfield looks like Fyfe, Parker, Beams, JPK, Selwood, Treloar, Rockliff, Priddis. My thoughts on getting in Gaz are wait a couple of weeks for him to drop, and whichever mid out of Selwood and Rockliff isn't performing, will be the one I chop for Gaz. Originally, it was going to be Treloar to Gaz, that was the whole reason I brought him in, but, he is scoring extremely well. Thoughts?

Doc2Drej · 06/07/2015 at 14:20

Definitely keep treloar

scrofl · 06/07/2015 at 14:31

If Jelwood keeps up his crap scoring over the next few weeks, he'll definitely be the one to give the flick.

mcleal10 · 06/07/2015 at 14:11

I insisted in holding Bennell last week but got sucked into bringing in Goddard for him. I'm one rookie off a premo, so should i be waiting for Boston to fatten or Hamling?

xav · 06/07/2015 at 16:57

Both got a lot of cash to make yet

Jambo · 07/07/2015 at 08:43

Boston has a BE of 78. With Swallow and GAJ back, I'm unsure whether he will make this.

Rawkus11 · 07/07/2015 at 09:25

Boston's BE is 49. He'll make it

Doc2Drej · 06/07/2015 at 14:19

Current team:

D: Shaw, Higgins, Newnes, Smith, Oxley, Colquhoun (Brown, Marchbank)

M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Neale, Shiel, JPK, Parker, Selwood, Rockliff (Saad, Heeney, Lambert)

R: Goldstein, Maric (O’brien)

F: Martin, Dahl, Swan, Buddy, Titch, Mckernan (Krak, Steele)

12 trades, 47k.

Trade ideas? Was hoping to upgrade krakouer to a decent f6 and then have mckernan as forward and ruck cover

scrofl · 06/07/2015 at 14:30

Keeping McKernan as a F7/R3 is a smart idea. This round I would look at upgrading Oxley to a premo. You'll be able to get Hibberd in without having to downgrade anyone else to make up the coin.

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 16:38

Yer I agree with upgrading Oxley, however I think you need a Premo defender like Hodge or Houli maybe Picken.
      Your DEF line is a bit weak compared to the rest of your side.
      So burn 2 trades this week upgrade Oxley to one of the above and maybe downgrade Brown and swing Saad into defence and pick up a rookie mid.

mcleal10 · 06/07/2015 at 14:38

Maybe Downgrade Saad and then upgrade Krak

Dean · 06/07/2015 at 19:05

Keep Krak for at least another 2 weeks what ever you do, he has a negative break even of -18 so he will reach around $350k in two weeks, personally I'll be keeping him as my F6/F7 which you could consider also. I understand you need cash from somewhere though.

Your defence is week, I would pis$ off Oxley and bring in Murphy or Picken as they will get a ton of the pill especially now that Morris is injured with a suspected broken jaw.
    If you chose to do this, I would defiantly trade out Marchbank even though he's on the bubble but his breakeven is 31 so he wont make you more then a few grand at the most.

TRADE #1:- I would trade out Marchbank and bring in some defender who is DEF/MID DPP – So if you bring in Maynard this will give you $127,000 or alternative you could bring in the cheapest DEF/MID like Corey Adamson to make a little more cash, but your better off going with Maynard or Dick coz there more likely to play.
    Then trade out Oxley and bring in Murphy, this will leave you with $39,000 – Or you could trade Oxley out and bring in Picken, this will leave you with $7,000

You then use Maynard or whoever your new defender is to bring SAAD back to your defence, this will complete your DEFENCE.
    im saying this because I like most believe Saad is worthy as a keeper in defence. If you look at many of the top ranked players, many of them have Saad as there D5 or D6.
    The defence this year is so inconsistent its a joke, in 2 weeks time it's highly likely that Tom McDonald who is currently the highest scoring defender on SC, he will drop below $400k – That's how volatile defence has been. He is currently $447,000 and has a break even of 163 and is projected to drop $40,000 this week alone.

I personally think Picken is a absolute GUN defender, and even when he is tagging he is scoring very well this year, in his last 9 games this is his score card: 143-140-119-98-89-110-104-95-120 that gives him a average of 113 in his last 9 games, he will finish as the #1 Defender this year mark my word.

If you do this your defence will be:- Shaw, Higgins, Newnes, Smith, Saad & Picken or Murphy. – By doing this, you can still use Krakouer in your Forward & midfield as back up via Lambert.

Your lucky you have a ton of trades left but the idea now is to bring in the best possible premiums in your side, sure you can go Oxley straight to Hibberd but with all the crap going down with the Essendon Footy club I wouldn't bring him in that's for sure…

Lastly because you have so many trades left, I don't think you need to worry about having extra ruck cover, so what I would strongly consider is wait until a couple of weeks and trade out McKernan and bring in Caleb Daniel, he looked awesome in his first game, scored 65 and only played the last half because he was the SUB, I bet both my plumbs that he wont start as the SUB next week.
    Then get yourself the best forward you like and hope Selwood pulls his finger out so you can swap him to GAJ in 3 to 4 weeks providing GAJ scores 110+ in at least 4 consecutive games.

Don't worry about having ruck cover, that's the last thing you need to worry about when you have 12 trades left with only 9 rounds to go.

Your team looks bloody AWESOME considering you have so many trades left. Hope this helps.

randomcliche · 07/07/2015 at 14:05

Hey Dean and DD. Great write up sound logic. I’d add Hodge who I reckon will outscore all other defenders (Inc picken) for the rest of the year.

Dean · 07/07/2015 at 20:39

Agree Hodge is a gun especially in defence and true you cant go wrong picking Hodge due to his DDP and his price will drop to around $510,000 after this week.

I cannot see Hodge catching up to Picken Re: SC #1 Defender on points because he has only played 10 games compared too Pickens 12 games, however it wouldn't surprise me to see Hodge average slightly higher then Picken.

So in saying that your probably better off going Hodge especially because of his DPP which could be very handy at some point.

Fromberger · 08/07/2015 at 18:25

Hey Community, Doc2Drej
    Brown > Maynard, Oxley > Hodge gives you two extra DPP to swing between Midfield & Backline with Saad then able to start on ground instead of Colguhoun

I must also reiterate kind words for Phil Walsh, a mans man and sadly missed, we need more men like him to teach our kids the right way to go about footy and life (as well as us parents). I'm a blues supporter but found him inspiring. RIP. Always remember to hug you wife and kids and tell them you love em!

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 14:24

Nice one Chicko. First half watching Gaz I was thinking the same thing. Is he still Gaz? An hour later I was looking at how to get him in asap! If need league wins then I’d suggest don’t wait around for Gaz

derek · 06/07/2015 at 14:44

part of me was hoping for a 60 so his price would drop, but then everyone would get him, so I'm glad he did ok.

I have had Sammy Mitchell warming his place all season, it might be time to get him.

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 14:54

I like that trade Derek. Mitchell burnt me last year. Didn’t even consider him. I have Sloane or cripps as the replacement. But 200k isnt an easy bounty to raise. But it will be done!

derek · 06/07/2015 at 16:55

Sam Mitchell started the year priced at only $480k. Has pumped out scores of: 86, 121, 87, 116, 117, 128, 123, 106, 106, 94, 102, 115

very consistent, low of 86 and a high of 128. Where is Higgo to do the maths on that standard deviation.

he is second favourite for the Brownlow.

Skindog · 06/07/2015 at 15:33

How did that go for ya Pieman;)?? you owe me $20, don't leave the country,,,,,,,,

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 15:41

Come & get it. Sitting at my place for you in 5 cent coins.

Skindog · 06/07/2015 at 16:01

Be there Thurs, make sure you've counted correctly, don't want to be short 15 cents,,,,,, I have to wait on Gaz to drop before I can afford my two next moves,,,,

Chicko · 06/07/2015 at 17:05

Cheers INP, like a true bald eagle, he lifted when the chips were down!

Dean · 06/07/2015 at 20:24

The FREAK played bloody awesome but there is no way in the world I would bring him in so soon. Secondly to bring him in this week is beyond absurd as he will drop in price. Not to mention id like to see him pumping 120+ scores in minimum 4 consecutive games before jumping on him.

There's obviously no doubting GAJ ability the guy is the best player in AFL history in my opinion. My only concern is the shoulder injury, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he had to be rested a few times this season and that's providing nothing bad happens with his shoulder,
    CAUTION He will be managed very carefully, the slightest niggle and they wont risk him this season thats for sure.

r2d2 · 06/07/2015 at 14:27

Nice words chicko … Tragic passing of p Walsh was very sad , liked way the whole Comp showed there respects (aside from Port and Syd, who no doubt will this week ) , and uniting together ,, we have a great game in this country that shows no matter who we aligned too we can become one too respect and support in these horrible times

scrofl · 06/07/2015 at 14:27

Finished off my team this week by bringing in Murphy for Brown, and Armitage for Cripps. It was a tossup between Heppell and Armitage, but I think Armo will be more consistent.

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 16:41

I'm tossing up between the same trade this week. Still haven't made my mind up but I think I will go with Armitage as well.
    If Essendon weren't so bloody poor on the weekend I might of went the other way.

Jonesracing82 · 06/07/2015 at 14:30

Rocky has confirmed on Twitter he's back this week, get him this week & GAJ in 2-3?

Tyler · 06/07/2015 at 15:09

Hahaha I don't think anyone wants to go near rockliff (or sloane) anymore

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 15:14

Not so sure Tyler. I'm pretty happy I can slide Rocky off the Pine this week. God help the arousal curve when Gary lines up next to him later in the week

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:34

I’m with you pieman, we need to remember we are talking about the two highest priced players in the comp this year, in rocky and gaj, becoming available at significant discounts in the next couple of weeks! I’m taking gray and rocky this week for cripps and Wallis, and gary maybe next week for perhaps Hamling and a cash raising bun/lever downgrade. Been saving my pennies for an early attack at the bald headed one if he looks the goods…

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 15:45

There aren't many that can score as high & as often as Gaz & Rocky. If I was playing someone with both of them & I didn't I'd s*it myself. Instead ill be making my opponents check their panties this weekend

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 16:10

Agreed, hate the thought of not slotting Gary in somewhere….

TRIGGER HAPPY · 06/07/2015 at 22:13

Gr8 can finally move him off the pine

r2d2 · 06/07/2015 at 14:31

Just one sc question …. Surely this the week too trade our cripps before cash starts leaking ? But want too wait on gaz , do I trade cripps too a jpk this week and hold on gaz for 2 more ,, and maybe use griff too get too gaz ??? Current mid-fyfe Pendles Parker danger wines Lewis griff cripps (Krak Boston Mckenzie )

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 16:10

Works for me, Im chopping Cripps this week for a gray/rocky type

northernsoul74 · 06/07/2015 at 16:11

Cripps may be a chance to miss this week.

Youngster · 06/07/2015 at 20:25

I'm in the same boat r2d2 but can't afford the loss of potential points by holding Cripps even one more week. I can bring GAJ in now but wary of what could go wrong. I'm considering passing on GAJ altogether and instead picking up Hannebery and using any cash saved to upgrade a rookie defender.

Luke · 06/07/2015 at 14:33

the bont up to robbie gray? or wait a few weeks in maybe look to trade the bont out for bartel or goddard? if i bring in gray this week not sure if i will have enough cash for ablett in a few weeks, 200K salary if i dont trade in gray this week, only 100K if i do

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:45

Similar problems, just gotta decide who is more important to you and whether you can justify extra trade (s) to get gary if you get gray. I’m not sure whether Gary is a must this year but I am expecting him to tear a few games apart….

Dean · 08/07/2015 at 18:47

Gray a MUST in forward line. Had him since day one.

HallOfFamer · 06/07/2015 at 14:59

Anyone else considering malceski? Getting plenty of the ball just needs to pick up the efficiency to pull a big score

Pinidu.C · 06/07/2015 at 15:06

If I can afford ANY midfielder expect ABLETT and I already have Fyfe, Danger, Pendles, JPK, Jelwood, Lewis and Griffen, WHO should I get?

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 15:16

Rocky

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:37

Tom · 06/07/2015 at 15:34

Parker

The Man Next Door · 06/07/2015 at 15:46

Beams

BKW · 06/07/2015 at 18:01

Yep beams, Parker or Hannebury – I’m not touching Rocky, too much of an injury risk

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/07/2015 at 09:44

Priddus Parker or beams

Dean · 08/07/2015 at 18:52

Beams then Priddis either one, forget about the hype on Rocky. Wait until next year for Rocky.

Pinidu.C · 06/07/2015 at 15:07

SuperCoach Poll:
Priddis or Hannebery?
Please submit your vote and any comments below.

Mac · 06/07/2015 at 15:25

Priddis – POD

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:46

Hannebery, gun.

Tyler · 06/07/2015 at 16:00

Priddis

jon · 06/07/2015 at 17:03

Hannebery is an ungrateful rat

Pride is all the way

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/07/2015 at 09:45

Can’t loose with either

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/07/2015 at 09:45

Both just behind fyfe in Brownlow

Dean · 08/07/2015 at 18:57

Priddis by far. I like Hannebery but Sydney also have Parker & JPK in there midfield, Sydney's midfield is extremely strong.

Pinidu.C · 06/07/2015 at 15:10

Current team:

D: Shaw, Hodge, Hibbo, Newnes, Saad, Oxely (Hamling, Edwards)
M: Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, JPK, Jelwood, Lewis, Sloane, Griffen (Lambert, Boston, Neal.Bullen)
R: Goldy, Maric (Lucey)
F: Gray, Swan, Martin, Buddy, Titch, Bont (Dale, Steele)

9 trades and 90K in the bank. Thoughts and ideas?

Liam · 06/07/2015 at 16:07

Oxley to Simpson

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 16:47

Yer agree with Liam, also consider Houli or Murphy

BKW · 06/07/2015 at 18:04

Yep this – although you’ll need to work out a plan for Maric (trade him or trade in a ruck/fwd such as McKernan) or eat a donut this week

TRIGGER HAPPY · 07/07/2015 at 09:47

Would move on sloane

Dean · 08/07/2015 at 19:08

Pis$ off Sloane first and foremost and if you want a elite premium in Defence bring in Picken or Murphy before anyone else in defence.

Mac · 06/07/2015 at 15:12

Is it necessary to get Ablett this week? Also who are some good rookies this week? I see Maynard from the Pies did alright and Caleb Daniel should be starting every week from now on. Many will jump on the man of Steele this week if they don't already have him. Any other options?

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 15:19

I was having a look at that earlier today. Apart from those mentioned there isn't a great deal. Kane Lambert didn't go up in price much. But he hasn't been great. I agree about Daniel. Played a massive role in the win. I think if your looking to go early on someone he's a good option if you don't have Steele.

derek · 06/07/2015 at 16:31

problem with Daniel is that he played the Sub role really well. Dogs might like him coming into the game near the end when everyone else is tired.

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 16:39

Sure did play the role well. But Daniel has elite endurance & can easily run out a game. He's like a 4th year player. He won't don the snot vest every week.

Luke · 06/07/2015 at 15:58

Josh Glenn tore it up in the neafl so keep an eye on him when the teams are announced

Chicko · 06/07/2015 at 17:07

I bloody hope so Luke, I went early on him and have had him on the pine ever since!

Jambo · 07/07/2015 at 08:46

Maynard played because Goldsack missed. I don't think he will play when Goldsack returns.

Tom · 06/07/2015 at 15:29

Can I please have some feedback on my team? 10 trades and 130k in the bank.

Shaw, Simpson, Hodge, Gibson, Murphy, Newnes, Pearce, Hamling
Fyfe, Priddis, Beams, JPK, Parker, Selwood, Treloar, Rockliff, Dumont, Steele, Lambert
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Lonie, McLean, Goddard.

Was thinking of going Dumont to Maynard and Pearce to Daniel via Goddard DPP. Then the week after going Lonie to Zorko and maybe Selwood to Gaz

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 16:00

If your looking to get Zorko I think it needs to be sooner rather than later. I grabbed him 3 weeks ago for 408k. Thought that was too good to pass up & he's be the magnificent again. With a BE of 39 this week he should go up a fair bit next week.

Chicko · 06/07/2015 at 19:17

Outstanding get Pieman! Absolute steal at $408k

r2d2 · 07/07/2015 at 01:44

Got him same week

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:42

Make that 126

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 15:47

Ignore that it was meant to be up there somewhere! Dam phone

Mac · 06/07/2015 at 15:49

Is it worth trading McLean as he has done his shoulder?

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 15:56

Unlikely to be back this season I'd say. Move him on. His team mate Caleb Daniel is pretty good.

Chicko · 06/07/2015 at 17:08

Hi Pieman, is it confirmed that McLean is gone?

Youngy · 06/07/2015 at 17:45

Pretty much

Sorry for answering, am aware my name is not Pieman, haha

BKW · 06/07/2015 at 18:07

Return date not confirmed but it’s been described as a bad AC joint – as a doggies supporter it’s pretty disappointing as he has played very well the past three weeks.

Chicko · 06/07/2015 at 19:19

Cheers Youngy, happy for you to answer any question! Thanks mate. Also read the report from Doc Larkin saying he is at out for at least 6 weeks. There is another rookie who I’ve trades in just to be traded out in 2 weeks…

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 19:13

6-8 weeks it looks like Chicko. Time to go if possible

Chicko · 06/07/2015 at 19:19

Thanks Pie old mate.

jim · 06/07/2015 at 15:57

Is it time to trade Alex Pearce and Dumont?

Youngy · 06/07/2015 at 17:46

to who, there isn't much cattle out their when it comes to rookies

BKW · 06/07/2015 at 18:08

I’m trading up Pearce this week

Luke · 06/07/2015 at 18:40

I went dumont to Steele, Dumont is projected to drop to around 180 K this week

Give It A Go · 06/07/2015 at 16:05

Whats the go with Josh Glen and D Mckenzi?e

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 16:12

Glen played well in the NEAFL this weekend. Could be a chance. DMac needs injuries to go his way I'd say. Saints unlikely to make many changes to a team that destroyed what was left of the bombers carcass.

Give It A Go · 06/07/2015 at 17:27

Cheers I N Pieman

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 06/07/2015 at 17:51

Will be holding Mckenzie regardless of if he plays again. Handy swing set from MID to DEF

Rob · 06/07/2015 at 16:09

Hey community unsure of what to do this week.

My team is the following

BACK: Shaw, simpson, newnes, Hibbered, Murphy,Beasley ( Pearce and hamling)
Mid: Fyfe, selwood, Brandon Ellis, Pendels, Kennedy, Shiel, Cripps, Priddis( Lambert, Dumont, Blakely)
Ruck: Blicavs, Nicnat( read)
FWD: Roughy, Martin, Bont, Gray, Franklin,Dahlhausl( Mclean and Steel)

I have roughy which is a worry because he is out for 2 weeks Minimum.

I also have a rookie starting in the backline which is a concern.

Another worry is that I only have 7 Trades left with 42K in the bank.

Would you recommend me going Pearce down to a Holman generating cash?

Any suggestions?

xav · 06/07/2015 at 16:52

Just hold your rookies for as long as possible they will make maximum cash and provide cover until lol then finals after that trades don't matter

Pinidu.C · 06/07/2015 at 16:18

Sloane > Rocky
Oxely > Simpson
OR
Dale > Daniel
Sloane > Priddis
Leave Oxely

Barney · 06/07/2015 at 16:45

Maric suspended for 1

xav · 06/07/2015 at 16:49

I have Sloane and 490K to spend on a new premo here are my options
1. Straight swap to Lewis or sidey
2. Swing lambert forward trade to Zorko Goddard for my last forward spot ( leaning against this one as I don't have dusty or lids
3. Saad into midfield trade to bob murthy Houli and the like

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 19:06

If you feel like taking a risk bring in Rockliff.

Xav · 07/07/2015 at 00:54

Already brought him in and out

randomcliche · 07/07/2015 at 13:59

I’m in out and in…

xav · 07/07/2015 at 17:22

Ha

nik · 06/07/2015 at 16:54

Hi community one question are we worried Ross Lyon will rest the Fremantle team come finals

derek · 06/07/2015 at 17:22

Youngy · 06/07/2015 at 17:42

Ofcourse

BKW · 06/07/2015 at 18:11

Given they have lost only one game and will probably have nothing to play for in the final weeks this will happen – hopefully round 23 though!!

Cliffy · 06/07/2015 at 17:05

Hi community,

So I was going to sit tight and not make any trades (8 trades remaining), but with Maric suspended for 1 week, is it worth going Amon/McKenzie (i.e. a rookie not really getting games) – McKernan so I have Ruck cover for Maric this week, or to just eat the donut?

derek · 06/07/2015 at 17:24

I would trade him out. Thank him for his services. get someone else for the rest of the year.

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 19:04

Yer it is worth a look mate, especially if you still have a rookie in your FWD line on field.
    As after this week you can play Mckernan at F6.

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 19:34

If your not worried about overall I’d eat the donut, If you are mckernan works for me, might save a trade later as well

Rockstar · 06/07/2015 at 17:25

What's Rocky's BE this week?

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 17:35

Skindog · 06/07/2015 at 17:30

Cripps to Rocky or Priddis or someone around there or hold for Gaz???

randomcliche · 07/07/2015 at 14:01

Rocky GAJ Priddis in that order imo

Youngy · 06/07/2015 at 17:43

I urge to all of you out their who are thinking of bringing in Rocky, Please wait a week

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 06/07/2015 at 17:45

It’s just so hard not to get him at 480k

Youngy · 06/07/2015 at 23:05

If he plays well, he isn't going to go up much

Skindog · 06/07/2015 at 17:50

Same,, price!!!! fairly straight swap,,,,, or going to Priddis and forget the two injured boys in Rocky and Gaz incase they get hurt again??

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 19:36

It’s risk vs reward, surely, surely it couldn’t happen to him again….

I may have said this last time I traded rocky in…. And last time I traded sloane in…. Ah hell I’m taking rocky

Dean · 07/07/2015 at 18:19

Well said Youngy, I couldn't agree more. I have the same feelings towards GAJ I wouldn't be getting him in until I see the great man score at least four consecutive 110+

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 06/07/2015 at 17:45

Alright ladies and gents, here’s my team. Let me know what you think.

H. Shaw, Newnes, Ibbo, Hodge, Simpson, B. Smith (Hamling, Pearce)

Fyfe, Pendles, Beams, Ward, JPK, Montagna, Cripps, Wallis (Mckenzie, Boston, Glenn)

Goldy, NicNat (McKernan)

Dusty, Gray, Swan, Floggard, Buddy, Titch (Steele, Cox)

Have 7 trades and around 45k. Am thinking I’m wanna bring in Rocky for Cripps this week which will almost be a straight swap, and then bring in Caleb Daniel for Boston and putting Steele in midfield which opens up that mid/fwd swing set.

That leaves me with 5 trades and 191k to then go Wallis to GAJ next week, with hopefully a bit of cash to spare and 4 trades in the bank.

Currently ranked 771 and about 1000 off the leader. I’ve got high hopes haha

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 18:12

Like those trades Krazee. But 4 is cutting it fine & ride by the seat of your pants territory. Just need to pray the gods aren’t savage. But they usually are

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 06/07/2015 at 18:29

Agreed, it’s risky, but if it works, I could end up doing pretty well. I kind of like the idea of taking a chance and seeing how I go. The trade situation is concerning though

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 19:41

Have a crack, better to go down knowing you tried everything. I know I am…

For what it’s worth I’m doing Cripps to rocky, Wallis to Gray this week which leaves 250k in the kick to do a someone Boston/lever/Hamling one down one up to Ablett next week. After that I’ll have 3 trades left, forward/ruck loophole cover in Gawn and smith at d7. It’s balls out sort of stuff. I’m ranked 280 odd after a nightmare week dropped me over 200 spots

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 06/07/2015 at 20:04

I like the risk taking attitude. Didn’t one of the previous winners run out of trades with heaps of rounds to go?

And I like those trades too. I’m running Smith at D6 which isn’t ideal. Wouldn’t mind upgrading him if I can but not sure I’ll have the cash. We’ll see how he goes. Not sure how I’d upgrade him without having to go 1 up, 1 down and blow 2 trades.

I brought in McKernan last week at ruck/Fwd which I’m glad I did.

By the way, love the username. What a day it was

Dean · 06/07/2015 at 21:18

that's the great thing with going for the 50k – The majority of those in the top 2000 all the way to the single ranked players, soon god knows where whey will end up by the end because they won't have enough trades left to cover there back side, so they will either be playing rounds with donuts or with rookies that score very little.

It's very smart that 3 of the top 4 ranked players still have Saad & Oxley in there defence alone. That alone say's allot.

Unfortunately this season the vast majority of teams don't vary much at all, we pretty much all have 90% of the same premiums, so it's those few who started off the season with the right rookies in there starting 22 made most of the difference in ranking.

Francis · 06/07/2015 at 18:03

Nick O'Brien's JS?

I N Pieman · 06/07/2015 at 18:07

Pretty good Id say. They need to sell some hope & bring in some youth. Scored twice as much as Goddard yesterday

neilsy · 06/07/2015 at 18:14

Thoughts on kruezer. Is he injury free? Last 2 games solid.Thinking of trading maric to kruezer then oxley to hodge? Thoughts gents.

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 06/07/2015 at 18:30

What’s he priced at? Have you had a look at Mckernan instead?

neilsy · 06/07/2015 at 18:40

380ish.

@mysterycannon · 06/07/2015 at 18:51

He's as injury free as Kruezer gets. Looked pretty good and I'd certainly say a better quality choice than McKernan. I'd rather step up to a Goldy / Martin / Blicavs player though. Any spare cash there?

(Guess Martin's no good for you anyway being out this week too)

jim · 06/07/2015 at 18:45

Trade Maric?

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 18:47

It's only 1 week, how many trades do you have and who's your other ruckman?

jim · 06/07/2015 at 18:59

Goldstein and 10 trades

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 19:36

Yer you have enough trades to move him on if you wish.
        Are you full premium?

@mysterycannon · 06/07/2015 at 19:03

If you're playing for leagues you could take the hit depending on your situation. Playing for overall you need two playing rucks. But leaving 9 trades at this stage leaves you sitting pretty good. Trade him to a top ruck though… don't fart about!

Favalinko U Beauty · 06/07/2015 at 19:09

Good question, he is only out for one so could possibly hold and take a donut or the other options i am considering are Read to Brooksby costing 1 trade and about $40k for a gain of 50 points. Trading Tarrant to Mc Kernan costing 1 trade and $20k for a gain of 70 points but enjoying ruck cover also forward cover or trading Maric to Krueser , banking $90k and making Cripps into Ablett on a week or two.This is a bit of a high risk, high reward SHARK move. Trades are getting low this time of year so it depends on how many you have and what value you put on them. Decisions, decisions.

Swans2012 · 06/07/2015 at 19:45

mckernan trade seems the most logical to me, might save another one in the future….

Jambo · 07/07/2015 at 08:48

Why waste a trade?

tom · 06/07/2015 at 18:45

I'm concerned about losing too much cash on Gaz. Is it worth waiting another week to get him?

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 18:51

Yer certainly won't hurt too much to wait. Even if he goes big he won't go up in price.
    Will be good to have another look at him. I think I'll be getting him after next week.

Youngy · 06/07/2015 at 20:31

I'd be waiting a week even if he wasn't going to drop cash.

FootyFanatic · 06/07/2015 at 18:50

Is it too risky to trade in Dangerfield this round due to everything he and his team mates would be going through?

@mysterycannon · 06/07/2015 at 19:01

At top price, with a breakeven of 156… i'd say so. Especially considering all that's gone on.

Tyler · 06/07/2015 at 20:23

Who is the best pick up in defence and why?

Current defence looks like this: Tmac, Houli, Simpson, Newnes, Smith, Lever (Hamling, Pearce)

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 06/07/2015 at 20:39

Hodge or Shaw – the proof is in the pudding

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 23:55

Shaw has been the best most reliable DEF option this year.

Gary Ablett Jnr · 06/07/2015 at 20:31

Hey guys,

I’m back. Get me in if you wanna win.

Don’t do drugs,

Gary. Xoxo

Vince the quince · 06/07/2015 at 21:50

Hows the shoulder gaz?

Any chance you could send me karmichael's number?

dannyyboyy · 07/07/2015 at 17:31

thats a terrible idea vince. the one thing that everyone should take out of this saga is dont do drugs with karmichael hunt!

Tigertanic · 08/07/2015 at 00:05

This is really inappropriate dude, you can't just ask straight up about his injury.

throttlefinger · 06/07/2015 at 20:47

Very moving tribute, Chicko. Well said, my friend.

Chicko · 07/07/2015 at 08:52

Thanks Throtts, appreciate it mate.

Tophawk · 06/07/2015 at 21:59

Hi community,

I have a confession to make….. I traded out TBC tonight…..Its done…finally.

Yes, I needed an excuse to do so. Now I have…….

Stupid Maric "forced my hand!!!!" with his 1 week suspension for striking.

TBC out and Brooksby in.

Cost me an extra 40 K to get Brooksby this week but need ruck cover for the remaining rounds of the season.

hedski · 06/07/2015 at 23:31

Come on tophawk ya didn’t get brooksby..
    mckernan???

Glorin · 07/07/2015 at 01:50

Downie is another rookie option. A solid 54 , 20k cheaper and will keep his spot.

Dean · 07/07/2015 at 18:39

Tophawk I'm petty sure this time on this post is wrong coz I'm sure your very switched on with everything on SC.

However its showing you posted this only 20 hours ago which would mean Round 14 is well and truly over, considering its 6:30pm Tuesday evening as I type this.

If you did make this trade post round 14 then click REVERSE CHANGES then you can start over.

Fyfe is Life · 06/07/2015 at 22:41

Hey Community

This is my current team:

Def: Shaw, Gibbo, Ox, Simpson, Hooker, Smith (Lever, Hamling)

Mid: Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Beams, Wines, Sloane, JPK, Hodge (Boston, Lambert, Amon)

Ruc: Goldy, Nic Nat (Cox)

Fwd: Gray, Swan, Martin, Buddy, Goddard, Bont (Steele, Lamb)

Unsure what to do this week I want to trade the Ox out because he has a high BE and I want to get Ablett in 2-3 weeks.

Thoughts?

Tyler · 06/07/2015 at 23:16

Well, you should trade out Oxley and swing hodge into the defence. Definitely do that. After that, you have the choice of who you want to bring in. Rockliff is probably your best option, but if you have enough $ in the bank you can bring in another premo like hanners. Then, I would wait with sloane for a few weeks until you want to bring in GAJ. If you don't have the kitty to do that you can trade down a player like hamling/lever/boston/amon to make the sufficient funds.

xav · 07/07/2015 at 04:31

Could downgrade of that would leave you money for gas and maybe and upgrade of the bont

Jonno · 06/07/2015 at 23:34

Hi community,

I am confused. Anyone able to explain this to me? I’m sure it’s a simple thing but I’ve only just thought of tallying last weeks score out of curiosa and found that my score did not equal the total score I ended up with. Was hoping someone can shed some light.

Team

Gray 123

Swan 78

Franklin 0

Bontemplli 80

Mitchell 105

-bench- Dale (E 0), Lamb

The score I ended up with was 2134.

When I tally the scores up myself I get the following scores ;

With Sloane as captain and no emergency taken I get 2031.

With Pendles captain double score and no emergency of griffen I get 2215.

And with Pendles double captain score WITH emergency of griffen, I get 2334.

None of these possibilities match with my SC end score of 2134?!

Am I missing anything?

hedski · 06/07/2015 at 23:50

2029.

judd0 · 06/07/2015 at 23:51

Because of Geelong and Adelaide game being cancelled supercoach scores were only taken from the top 18 scoring players for the round.
    So if you take out Hamlings, Oxleys and Saads scores out of your side then that should equal 2134

TTJ · 07/07/2015 at 00:30

Take out 3 lowest scores of Hamling 61 Oxley 62 Cripps 77 & you get get 2134

Mitch · 07/07/2015 at 00:10

Broke into the top 1% this week. Need to go for gold now!

My team is

Shaw newnes Kolodjashnij hodge murphy smith hamling Edwards

Fyfe pendles beams Selwood Parker jpk Shiel

Cripps Boston Mckenzie Dumont

Goldy Maric cox

Gray dmartin swan Goddard dahlhause Edwards lambert Steele

What to do with Maric? Have no ruck cover for him

And hold Cripps this week or off load?

Appreciate your assistance community!!

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 07:39

How many trades and how much in the kitty

Mitch · 07/07/2015 at 09:56

Sorry forgot to write it in. 9 trades and 120k

Jambo · 07/07/2015 at 08:52

I would consider holding Cripps now but if you are looking to trade him, I would look at Jordan Lewis. He looks like he's turned a corner last week and he's cheap as chips at 445,000.

xav · 07/07/2015 at 04:09

What is Lewis' BE

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 07:19

xav · 07/07/2015 at 04:30

Is time to jump on rance as a d2/3

Liam · 07/07/2015 at 08:24

He is very good value,but saying that he is very up and down as he is a key defender

General Soreness · 07/07/2015 at 07:35

Ripping tribute Chicko, you’re a Champ!

Chicko · 07/07/2015 at 08:51

Thanks General! Too kind mate!

Pauly Walnuts · 07/07/2015 at 07:39

Maric an upgrade to Goldy a given or does anyone have a better option ? I already have Martin ( susp ) & McKernan

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 08:53

Yeah I think you should trade Maric out for goldy if you can. Hopefully goldy can last the rest of the season

Derek · 07/07/2015 at 09:17

Oh man that is tough. I was only thinking that yesterday, how many people have Martin & Maric as their rucks

cozza · 07/07/2015 at 13:04

Me! Sucks big time! Here's to hoping Brooksby can score 200 to cover them both this weekend 🙂

Jeff · 07/07/2015 at 08:23

G'day Community

Current team:

Def: Shaw, Gibbo, Ox, Simpson, Hooker, Smith (Lever, Hamling)

Mid: Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Beams, Wines, Parker, JPK, Hodge (Boston, Lambert, Amon)

Ruc: Goldy, Nic Nat (Cox)

Fwd: Gray, Swan, Martin, Buddy, Goddard, Bont (Steele, Lamb)

Any suggestions?

Jeff · 07/07/2015 at 08:24

I have 6 trades and 12k in the bank

derek · 07/07/2015 at 09:26

you are very short on cash. It has been a pity that lever hasn't played for over a month, he should have been ready to cash in by now. You are going to have to wait for Hamling and lever and boston to it their max price. Do the maths, what do you think their price can get to, say you downgrade to a $120k rookie. Then you know if you can afford Ablett. Will be close.

Hold for now, very few trades, you need to wait for them to increase in price first.

Henry · 07/07/2015 at 09:20

Should i get rid of ollie wines?

I N Pieman · 07/07/2015 at 09:44

If you are full premo with more than 10 trades & enough cash to go straight to Gary then yes. If not no

Henry · 07/07/2015 at 10:49

i have 3 trades left full premo so i should keep him?

Kev · 07/07/2015 at 10:19

Keep him mate, gets plenty of the contested pill just can't hit the target. It'll turn for him

Rawkus11 · 07/07/2015 at 09:27

Nic Nat or Blicavs?
And thoughts on Nick O'Brien's js, seeing as the bombers seem no hope to make finals?

I N Pieman · 07/07/2015 at 09:46

As a Nic Nat owner I'm happy with his season. Can go large. But Blicavs is far more of a POD & appearing very consistent. You would think they need to give Nick O'Brien a fair crack. They have nothing to play for. Some of his VFL numbers are awesome. I'm considering him this week.

Sam · 07/07/2015 at 09:42

What is everyone's thoughts on Zorko the Magnificent!, Can he keep this scoring up or will Rockliff's return hurt his output. Thoughts please beloved community!

I N Pieman · 07/07/2015 at 10:07

Grabbed him 3 weeks ago for 408k. Couldn't be happier with his output. Planned to have him as a spare premo to cover 2 lines. The way he's going he's staying onfield & Goddard will take that spot when he's bottomed out

derek · 07/07/2015 at 10:08

and hanley's return.

Sam · 07/07/2015 at 10:11

That's my fear, I have one spot left for a premo in fwd line and don't want to waste it if Zorko will start to fall away with 2 big names coming back in

Sam · 07/07/2015 at 10:13

I am tossing up between Lids and Zorko????
      Or possibly waiting 1 more week and playing Steele on field this week….

derek · 07/07/2015 at 10:04

Goddard was very poor on the weekend. I had him in my team as a premium keeper (i had to take Lamberts score instead of his). On that last performance he has no place in my team. I don't have Delidio or Boomer, I was going to go Cloke to Delidio/Boomer this week, but I'd prefer to keep Travis than Goddard, at least he is playing in a team who are showing some fight.

Do you think Essendon and in particular Goddard will give a dam and show some effort, or has the ship completely sailed for the Essendon Football Club?

Kev · 07/07/2015 at 10:16

A bit of a knee jerk reaction imo, Derek. A terrible game from Goddard, but he wasn't alone. Dropped below 80 once (78) in his previous 9 encounters (5x 100+ scores).

patrick · 07/07/2015 at 11:34

you must leave goddard in, all players will have off games, note he played against his old side also, quality player with proven track record, i would keep at this stage of the journey

CJay · 07/07/2015 at 12:40

Hold Goddard! See what he has to say for himself on 360 tonight if you have access to fox.

wayno1313 · 08/07/2015 at 00:45

For those interested he said that he let the score dictate his performance. Based on that I'd say hold

Glorin · 08/07/2015 at 08:38

Wow. What a disgraceful attitude. He stopped trying because they were loosing. What a flog. Trade him and pick up someone who actually wants to play the game!

Tophawk · 07/07/2015 at 22:40

Hi Derek.

Goddard had a poor game. So what? All players do.

As a SC coach or as a coach proper, you would surely not drop him? Or De-list him? Come on.

He will stay in my side. The guy is an all out champion.

He will prob get some more midfield time now that Jobe Watson will miss the rest of the season.

Might whack the VC on him this week.

Cheers

Rick Grimes · 08/07/2015 at 10:14

100% agree. He's too good to not bounce back. And more midfield time on the cards you'd think.

xav · 09/07/2015 at 00:57

Goddard is softer than a pillow on the moon

Kev · 07/07/2015 at 10:29

FINALLY got something out of JPK and Lewis, bloody hope they can keep it up. Same can't be said for Jobe, watched him v Saints on Sunday and I'm drawing the direct correlation between Jock shutting down the Flapping Tarp studios and Jobe looking like he went on an all week Maccas bender. Open your doors again Jock and give him a flogging!

With a b.e of 202 Gaz is still a few weeks off for me, Jobe gets the ass for Armitage.

jim · 07/07/2015 at 10:29

If im ranked in top 3%, should I go for overall still?

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 10:36

Unless you're playing for cash in a league, may as well.

Wattsieesq · 07/07/2015 at 11:56

I'm ranked in the top 1,500. I'm still 1,100 points off the top spot. That means I need to out score them by about 130 a round to win it all. Tough ask.

derek · 07/07/2015 at 16:26

the team that is ranked First still has Oxley, Saad, McIntosh, Brown & McKenzie in his defence! (Shaw, Higgins & Gibbo are the others).

He also still has Krak, Anderson, Steele & Adamson in his midfield (one needs to play) plus The Bont at F6.

There maybe other teams who are at the front of the pack with similar teams. He may struggle in the run home

randomcliche · 07/07/2015 at 16:58

He may also have trades coming out his ars****e….but point taken. There are plenty of teams full premo and plenty of cheap upgrade targets atm, so wouldn’t write anyone off.

Wattsieesq · 07/07/2015 at 17:37

From my point of view, to outscore a person by 130 per week is very tough. Sure you may get them a few times, but to do it over 7 or 8 rounds will be tough. From what I have read, the guy who is coming first has burned a few trades (traded Fyfe out and then back in over the byes). I don't expect him to win though. The teams around him look far better. You can never say never, but it is hard to overhaul a lead like he has from people that are outside the top 1,000.

randomcliche · 07/07/2015 at 16:54

Mate I’m top 1% 1349 points off the lead. I’ve got outscore first by 150 points per round. I share over half an onfield team with most of top teams. I reckon I’m stuffed. I’m even sitting 8th in one league. I doubt that I can even win that on overall points! ..but if you’ve got enough PODs, cash and trades anything is possible…the supercoach gods do some nasty things…

Budstar · 07/07/2015 at 22:27

The ship has sailed out for you mate, I think!! League!!

Tophawk · 07/07/2015 at 22:52

Of course!!!!

Go hard or go home. No second chances mate.

I am in the top 4% and looking to win this thing too. And this is my first year in Super Coach.

Go for it! I am.

Cheers

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 10:38

Ok so is it worth trading out A Pearce for Steele this week? I want to get steele in but Pearce hasn't hit his max price yet. I'm leaning towards getting him in

jim · 07/07/2015 at 10:42

I would trade Pearce, his will lose his spot in a couple of weeks and doesn't score well. Steele is scoring well and should maintain his spot in the side.

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 10:42

Also who to play on-field out of Hamling and lever

patrick · 07/07/2015 at 11:33

hamling i think hes showing a lot more than lever

Jeff · 07/07/2015 at 11:35

Could you loophole them

iamme · 07/07/2015 at 10:58

Thinking of trading in Steel for Heeney & Houli for Oxley, then will wait a few weeks to trade out Cripps to get Ablett for Full Premium side

Currently ranked 951 with 11 trades left.

patrick · 07/07/2015 at 11:32

GOOD move as oxley has high be and steel on the bubble

Swans2012 · 07/07/2015 at 12:25

nice trades! I reckon you’ve got a few trades up your sleeve as well compared to others!!

Wobblyoldpunt · 07/07/2015 at 13:40

Steele has another 70k to pickup

RatRacer · 07/07/2015 at 11:54

Any thoughts on Steele Sidebottom? He looks pretty good value to me for a player who has averaged over 100 the last 3 years. He has been back quite a few weeks now and still has time to build form to the pointy end of the season. And if he does…. does that take points away from Swan?

SideBySidebottom · 07/07/2015 at 15:10

He and Swan play different roles and won't compete for points. Steele's thumb isn't right yet, When he pushes up from the ground he uses the back of his hand rather than his palm and he's not sticking tackles he would normally nail.

Wattsieesq · 07/07/2015 at 12:03

Hi Community,

I need some advice on the last premo for my back line. I'm thinking of either bringing in Murphy, Rance or Houli. Which of the three do you think is best for points output for the rest of the year? I already have Hodge, Hibberd, Simpson, Shaw and Higgins.

Cheers

jim · 07/07/2015 at 12:06

Murphy has a very easy run home and is very efficient with his disposal. I would pick him. He is also a bit of a POD.

Wattsieesq · 07/07/2015 at 13:10

I was leaning towards Bob.

Dean · 07/07/2015 at 13:10

MacMillan.

derek · 07/07/2015 at 16:14

out of those three I would go Murphy. Much more consistent.

Wattsieesq · 07/07/2015 at 17:38

Cheers derek, I was leaning that way.

iamme · 07/07/2015 at 12:07

Houli average 100 nuff said

Gary · 07/07/2015 at 12:33

thoughts on shane edwards?

Dean · 07/07/2015 at 13:09

good price for a 97 average but can be inconsistent. If in need of a POD get him, if not get someone more consistent

Derek · 07/07/2015 at 13:14

His score last week was exaggerated because he kicked a vital goal

Son of Jock · 07/07/2015 at 13:00

Selwood to Armitage leaving me with 9 trades and a full premo team? (including bont)

Derek · 07/07/2015 at 13:13

Keep Selwood, trade the Bont

Wobblyoldpunt · 07/07/2015 at 13:37

Not sure where to go from here

Thoughts on current line up.

8 trades and only 1500 in the war chest

B: shaw. Houli. Hooker. Laird Gibson. Saad (Mckenzie Beasley )

M: Fyfe. Pendles. Hanneberry. Armitage. Priddis. Danger. Mundy. Shiel. ( Steele menadue lambert)

R: goldy. Nicnat. (Read)

F: Martin. Gray. Swan. Westhoff. Betts McLean (dale Sicily)

Do I go hard up back or forward? Shiel could be the trade off for Gaz with a Saad downgrade for the extra cash. Leaning to beams as a mid premo but his price is on the rise. Thoughts?

Wobblyoldpunt · 07/07/2015 at 13:47

Ranked 7665, top 3% but feeling like a lost cause in the overall 🙁

derek · 07/07/2015 at 16:07

can't see where you are going to get the cash from to get either Beams or Gaz.

You need to upgrade Saad, not downgrade him.

Pretty sure that McLean is gone for the year, he was looking like a nice cash cow.

Jonno · 07/07/2015 at 15:00

Hodgy or mitchell?

dennis · 07/07/2015 at 15:01

woooow jonno you no nothing, one plays forward and one plays defence. dum person

derek · 07/07/2015 at 15:45

pretty sure Hodge is DPP.

Wobblyoldpunt · 07/07/2015 at 15:50

Booya!

derek · 07/07/2015 at 15:52

If you had to, I would get Hodge, but only as a Defender. His teeth are very long!

Boof · 07/07/2015 at 15:37

Should I trade out Gibbo & The Bont?

If you count them as premiums then my team is set this week – I am tossing up with the idea though of trading Gibbo to Hodge this week and also a rookie, then next week with plenty of cash upgrading a DEF rookie & The Bont to 2 better performing players…thoughts please?

xav · 09/07/2015 at 00:58

How many trades

derek · 07/07/2015 at 16:14

Thoughts on going hogan F7 to mckernan F7 as I have maric. Then using the 70 k to upgrade Watson to a selwood? Or do I keep watson hoping hell hit form.

I N Pieman · 07/07/2015 at 17:17

Watson looks burnt out to me. Looking for round 23. Don’t know about Selwood. I have him. But if didn’t I wouldnt go near him unless he turns it around. Rocky Lewis or sidebum are other options

dannyyboyy · 07/07/2015 at 17:17

im in the same boat. i have tarrant, clark and salem and i need to bring in steele for a downgrade target. was gonna go oxley to houli or murphy this week but with the doughnut looming in the rucks i might bring in mckernan, as i havnt got my F6 set yet. mckernan will also provide good cover as my on field F6 while i free up enough cash to bring in deledio as my final forward, and slot mckernan into F7 and ruck cover. ill have to play oxley with his 124 BE. i didnt want to but it seems like i have to to avoid the donut. 10 trades left so i have enough to burn a trade to save a donut and not go against my plan to much. bringing in mckernan sounds like the logical thing to do from my point of view.
    as for watson to selwood not sure about that. im not sold on selwood just yet. i always find if a trade seems iffy hold. keep watto until you have enough cash to upgrade to someone proven.
    Hope this helps mate!

xav · 07/07/2015 at 17:29

What is Watson at now?

Shayne · 07/07/2015 at 18:06

trade Watson he's done his shoulder and is out for the rest of this season

judd0 · 07/07/2015 at 23:14

Watson out for season

xav · 07/07/2015 at 17:28

Hi community love to here your thoughts on my problem
I have had the Bont since round one, now his output has decreased I am wondering if I should trade him in the next few weeks however I have 7 trades left and am 3 spots off full premo with 50k in the chest thoughts

I N Pieman · 07/07/2015 at 18:38

If you haven’t made it to full premo Id ditch that idea & upgrade some rookies. Bont has a good draw & will give you some good scores

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 18:48

Start painting the fence and getting in cheap premos to fill your lines

Luke · 07/07/2015 at 18:23

dumont or da bont to steele?

Wattsieesq · 08/07/2015 at 13:00

Dumont

Stevo · 07/07/2015 at 18:23

Getting rid of Wallis this week b/e of 171. Do I:
1) Straight swap him with Rocky and save 130k OR
2) Go to a proven premo in Armitage/Priddis/Hannebery

Cripps will become Ablett next week

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 19:08

A lot of people are going for rocky right now, and with good reason. Also the 130k can be used to upgrade a rookie to a good bench cover player maybe?

Stevo · 07/07/2015 at 19:40

True but I only have 5 more trades and need that money to upgrade Cripps

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 19:52

Oh yeah definitely do #1 then

Stevo · 07/07/2015 at 19:59

Cheers

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 19:05

Should I be using trades to get to full premo if I only have 5 trades

Stevo · 07/07/2015 at 19:41

How many more upgrades do you need, can you show the team?

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 22:29

2 more, will need to do 3 more trades to get full premo

Derek · 07/07/2015 at 19:58

100% yes

judd0 · 07/07/2015 at 23:02

I wouldn't use 3, can you use 1 to get 1 more premium?
    If so do that, Leaving yourself with 2 trades is way to thin with this many rounds left.
    Having 1 rookie on field isn't so bad especially if you have bench players that you can try to loophole o get the best score.

CoachDamo · 08/07/2015 at 14:39

No way – you'll find yourself with no trades in finals, and that's when you need them most. Be patient.

gibbs · 07/07/2015 at 19:16

My defence is- Hodge, Smith, Enright, Shaw, yeo

Who should I look at for my final defence spot? looking at LIam Picken or Murphy

Stevo · 07/07/2015 at 19:41

I got Murphy last week I think he is vital in the Bulldogs lineup if they want to make finals

Mac · 07/07/2015 at 19:47

10 trades left 130k in the bank. Not sure what trades to make?

Shaw, Simpson, Hodge, Gibson, Murphy, Newnes, Pearce, Hamling
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Lonie, McLean, Goddard.

Derek · 07/07/2015 at 19:57

I think McLean is gone for season.

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 20:00

Trade Lonie/Mclean to mckernan and swing him into the ruck and put him on-field for , then keep him as f6/f7

Tophawk · 07/07/2015 at 20:23

Very good side IMO. There are two problems you currently have.

1- Mc Lean out for season.

2-Maric suspended for one week.

The fact that Mc Lean is out leaves you currently with 2 non playing forward emergencies. Although you have Lambert as a fwd swing option to cover him. Nonetheless, I would trade Mc Lean out in your midfield this week. Leave Lambert in your forward line which will give you cover there at the same time.Grab Nick O Brien from Essendon. Is looking very good and on is on the bubble this week. He should also have good job security now that Jobe Watson is out for the season. And pick up 100K..

Secondly, its time for Tom Read to go. Unless you are prepared to wear a donut around your neck this week. Grab Brooksby at
    143 K. These two trades will fix your issues this week and whack another 70K in your warchest. (200K in total)

Cheers

nicholas · 07/07/2015 at 20:04

5 trades left with 19,200k in the bank. Need to fill that last defender slot but not sure how over the next few weeks.
need some help with leslie not playing and not many ways for me to gain cash
Shaw, tmac, hodge, taylor, simpson, hamling (lever, leslie)
fyfe, pendle, priddis, kennedy, parker, selwood, lewis, wines (boston, kavagnah, lambert)
goldy, nic nat ( reda)
martin, gray, swan, goddard, franklin, deledio ( steele, goddard)

CarlaShirly · 07/07/2015 at 21:36

Wait for Hamling to make more coin and hold trading for the next 3 weeks atleast for your last DEF spot.

Adam · 07/07/2015 at 20:36

10 trades left, full premo but looking at trading out the bont for lewis or another option, thaughts ??
Got 227k in the kitty

CarlaShirly · 07/07/2015 at 21:33

better to start looking at solid swing setsif you are lacking
    examples are Hodge down back linked to Yeo or C.Pearce in Midfield or S.Edwards and Zorko in Midfield to link

Poloko48 · 07/07/2015 at 21:14

Will Bennell be back this week?

wise old man · 07/07/2015 at 22:17

Daniel · 07/07/2015 at 22:20

Def- Shaw, Rampe, Hodge, Macmillan, Saad, Colqhoun (Hamling, McKenzie)
Mid- Fyfe, Neale, JPK, Masten, Selwood, Hill, Motlop, Montag (Boston, Stretch, Kavanagh)
Ruck- Goldy, Blicavs (O'Brien)
Fwd- Martin, Gray, Swan, Franklin, Hogan, Kennedy (Gawn, Mc'Innes?

170k and 10 trades

ADVICE??? Thanks

xav · 08/07/2015 at 17:22

Upgrade saad to murphy or Houli
    Or
    Upgrade hogan to Tich value there, also Goddard in a few weeks
    Or
    Trade a semi premo in the midfield Motlop hill master or jell wood to Gaj in two weeks

brook · 07/07/2015 at 22:29

upgrading cripps this week: JPK is obvious choice but what about scott thompson or matty boyd or even lewis or sidebottom? i think thompson scores well without sloane … ?

brook · 07/07/2015 at 22:35

can only spend up to $525k and looking to fill M5-6 position … hard to go past JPK!

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 22:36

I was pretty sure Thompson got his best scores in the first few rounds when Sloane was in, but I could be wrong. Either way I would be getting JPK or Lewis in. Sidebum isn’t performing like he was last year. I THINK it’s because he’s spending more time up forward. Matty Boyd is also doing well but I prefer lewis/jpk

brook · 08/07/2015 at 07:57

u r right ST avg 90s without sloane … JPK all the way

Tyler · 07/07/2015 at 23:17

Loophole Lever and Hamling or Boston and Steele

xav · 08/07/2015 at 00:18

Hi community love to here your thoughts on my problem
50k in the bank
I have seven trades left
I am three positions off full premo so I estimate that will take six trades
Have Bont
Do I trade the Bont up to a Goddard typ or hold and hope he can replicate his form at the start of the year

Tyler · 08/07/2015 at 09:11

If you are 3 off full premo then keep bont! Has got an easy run home, might not score like he was at the start of the year but should improve on his recent form

tom · 08/07/2015 at 08:34

Thoughts on Nick O'Brien? And is it worth bringing in Brooksby to avoid the Maric donut for Tom Read?

Snake Martin · 08/07/2015 at 08:52

Hi Community,

I have 578k to spend on a M8 to set and forget for the rest of the season. (getting rid of Cripps)

Current MIDS: Fyfe, Hanabarberry, Danger, Pendle, Gray, Selwood, Lewis
I also have Swan, Dusty, Tmitch and Bont in the FWD line

I was thinking of taking the punt on Heppel as Watson is gone for the season..

An feedback on how I should be considering for 578k?????

Cheers,

RIP P.W

Tyler · 08/07/2015 at 09:24

Have a good hard look at Armitage. If his 159 signifies his return to his previous form from the start of the year then he could be a very nice pick up at 555k

Rick Grimes · 08/07/2015 at 09:40

I'm going that way I think. I've already been burnt on Rocky and just don't have the trades left to risk him. Armitage has been pretty consistent all season and the break looks to have freshened him nicely. And the next few fixtures look ok for the Saints.

xav · 08/07/2015 at 17:24

You'll need to swing Gray forward

Frank · 08/07/2015 at 08:57

I need help community. i have maric, watson and bennel all in one massive pile up. What trades do I make to minimise the impact?

Def: Shaw, Houli, Rance, Higgins, Burgoyne, Haming/Goddard, Mckenzie

Mid: Fyfe, Armitage, Kennedy, Treloar, Parker, Watson, Griffen (been happy with his recent form), Lewis/ Boston, Glenn, Steele

Ruck: Goldstein, Maric/ Cox

Forward: Gray, Goddard, Swan, T. mitchell, Bont, Bennel/ Hogan, Lambert

Please help community im in dire need of assistance

Tyler · 08/07/2015 at 09:13

Do you have anything in the war chest?

Rick Grimes · 08/07/2015 at 10:08

Looks like you have cover for Watson and Bennel. So your first priority should be to get Maric out. Depending on your cash and trade situation, I like Biclavs a lot. Or Gawn would be close to a straight swap. Otherwise I don't see you being able to replace like for like this week. Daniel I think will be a good pick up, surely will start this week. So if I were you and had the trades to use, I'd look at Bennel to Daniel and Maric to Biclavs. Next week I'd take Watson to Rocky or GAJ, depending on who looks better. You should also enough to look at upgrading Hogan to a premo if you want to.

Favalinko U Beauty · 08/07/2015 at 10:32

Bennel to Mc Kernan, this trade will save you a donut , give you ruck and forward swing and pocket $200k to upgrade either Hogan or Hamling when the time is right

James · 08/07/2015 at 09:12

I have 3 trades left with full premo except oxley im currently in the top 2% and only 25k in the bank i was thinking maybe next week get ablett in for wines thoughts?

Tyler · 08/07/2015 at 09:18

I would hold all your trades for injuries/suspensions

James · 08/07/2015 at 09:21

should i go oxley to b smith and then just hold the 2 trades?

Rick Grimes · 08/07/2015 at 09:43

I'm not sure I'd go to Brodie Smith just yet. I have him and he's not showing any signs of improving his output. McDonald is cheap and will be will be cheaper in another week. Or maybe go for a Houli or Rance if you don't have them.

PDAP · 08/07/2015 at 13:22

You are in strife. 3 trades will not be enough. There are EIGHT rounds to go, so hold on to them.

Benn · 08/07/2015 at 10:08

Should I get Dan Hannebery, David Armitage, Marc Murphy or any other players that are around 570,000-600,000

Thanks

derek · 08/07/2015 at 13:21

I would consider that a bit of a shark move to have 4 swans midfielders.

some teams you can do that, there are the same 4-5 players at the top of the points scores every week. Collingwood have been like that for a few years now (pendlebury, swan, Sidebottom). Can't do that with the hawks, swans I think you can.

Viper · 08/07/2015 at 10:22

Got Jpk, parker and Mitchell already. Upgrading sloane. Thinking about Hannebery, but would four swan mids be a bad idea? They all seem to score tons each week anyway

PDAP · 08/07/2015 at 13:20

Byes are finished. Go for it. I hsve 6 Hawks.

wise old man · 08/07/2015 at 14:43

Which Hawks?

derek · 08/07/2015 at 16:13

I have a rule. No Hawks. Has cost me high ranking in past years. This year I am 301st.

derek · 08/07/2015 at 13:22

see above

Gary · 08/07/2015 at 11:41

need a cheap forward under 480k
what are the best options?

Luke · 08/07/2015 at 12:25

take away an injury affected 4, ziebel is averaging 93.75, he can go huge, but also very low, and you could wait a few weeks and bartel should drop well below 500K in coming weeks

derek · 08/07/2015 at 13:29

just for the thrill of it, you could get Cyril Rioli $453k and hold on for an exciting ride 🙂

Ryder looks great value at $407k. DPP

wise old man · 08/07/2015 at 14:43

Shane Edwards is 449k and Brendan Goddard is 476k

Nick · 08/07/2015 at 11:48

I want to bring in ablett next week but I don't know who to get rid of
my midfeild is
fyfe, pendels, parker, heppell, sheil, selwood, rocky, priddis

Donavan · 08/07/2015 at 12:07

Rocky is a huge injury risk. I would wait on Ablett, and expect Rocky to get re-injured in the upcoming weeks, opening up a spot for Ablett.

PDAP · 08/07/2015 at 13:18

Rubbish. My reliable Brisbane contact said that Rockcliffe 'is raring to go' this week and could have played last weekend. I don't have Rocky and it is obvious that you don't either Donavan. Rocky is a star.

derek · 08/07/2015 at 13:37

serves yourself right for having such an awesome midfield! If you were like me and held onto Griffin all this time, the choice would be easy 🙂

Nick · 08/07/2015 at 14:33

Thanks derek, I didn't start the year with griffin I had good think about starting with him but I liked Parker more.

Tyler · 08/07/2015 at 16:34

Selwood/shiel

Robert · 08/07/2015 at 12:03

What to do with Maric??

He's likely to get 1 week and i have no ruck cover.

Do i trade him or my R3 or do i just cop the donut next week?

derek · 08/07/2015 at 13:38

don't take a donut. trade him out

CoachDamo · 08/07/2015 at 14:38

Depends if your focus is your league or overall glory. It also depends on how you're situated with trades. For 1 week, just keep him and take the donut.

Rob · 08/07/2015 at 13:00

Hey Community!

This is my team

BACK: Shaw, simpson, newnes, Hibbered, Murphy,Beasley ( Pearce and hamling)
Ruck: Blicavs, Nicnat( read)
FWD: Roughy, Martin, Bont, Gray, Franklin,Dahlhausl( Mclean and Steel)

With 7 trades left do I

Downgrade My D8 to Holman from carlton and Downgrade my M10 to O'brien.

This will leave me 200K in the bank and 5 trades left.

Next week I will upgrade my Last Rookie that's on my field and I am done ( and i will wait for Gaz to Drop in price)

Thoughts?

derek · 08/07/2015 at 13:41

McLean is gone for the year. he has to be traded out first.

I N Pieman · 08/07/2015 at 16:45

Agreed Derek. Mclean will not be back this season. A case for going early on Caleb Daniel as the downgrade. D6 sticks out as a weekness

Pinidu.C · 08/07/2015 at 13:15

I can afford any TWO defenders in the league to complete my defence and I already have Hodge, Shaw, Hibberd and Newnes. Who should I get??
Simpson? Houli? Murphy? Higgins? Rance? Gibson? McDonald?

derek · 08/07/2015 at 13:47

we knew Defence was going to be hard this year, and it has turned out that way with only 3 defenders with an average over 100. (Hodge 106, Shaw 105 & Houli 101). there is a further 8 that have averaged in the 90's, meaning there has been only 11 defenders managed to average over 90+ this year. 90+ makes them a premium defender.

out of those mentioned, you would have to go Houli & Simpson

tom · 08/07/2015 at 15:54

Houli and Murphy. Murphy is vital to the Dogs chances of making finals and they love the ball in his hands. Also he doesn't waste the pill when he gets it.

xav · 08/07/2015 at 17:29

Laird?

Pinidu.C · 08/07/2015 at 14:51

Houli or Bob Murphy??

Tyler · 08/07/2015 at 16:36

Murphy has an easy run home and should score well

I N Pieman · 08/07/2015 at 16:37

Burph

Riley · 08/07/2015 at 16:10

8 Trades Left, $200,300 k left in bank

Team :
Back : H. Shaw, J. Gibson, B. Smith, A. Saad, J. Hamling, A. Pearce, C. Adamson
Mid : Fyfe, Pendles, Hannebery, Beams, Danger, Parker, Griffen, Rocky, Krak, Kavanagh, Boston
Ruck : Goldy, Nic Nat
Fwd : Martin, Buddy, Goddard, Lids, Gray, Swan, Steele, Lambert

Should I Trade A. Pearce and Boston for Hodge and Payne (Not Playing DPP) which would leave me with 6 trades and $26k and would strengthen my backline?

derek · 08/07/2015 at 16:17

who is your other defender?

Riley · 08/07/2015 at 16:22

oh forgot Newnes whoops

I N Pieman · 08/07/2015 at 16:35

Personally I'd spend less on a premo defender with a view of turning Griffen into Gaz next week. That would give you a formidable midfield.

tom · 08/07/2015 at 16:48

I would bring in Murphy or Houli, allowing you to trade Griff to Gazza

Skindog · 08/07/2015 at 17:17

Thoughts on Brodie Smith as D6???

Foxxy · 08/07/2015 at 18:16

I personally wouldn't get him in even though his very cheap..
    look at other options..
    Bob Murphy as mentioned above..

derek · 08/07/2015 at 18:24

I have him at D6, but still thinking he should only be at D7 or not at all. he is a good price though.

Foxxy · 08/07/2015 at 18:13

Just need some help with my team community..

Backs: Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Oxley, Saad, Lever, (Hamling, A. Pearce)
Mid: Fyfe, Pendles, Hanners, Parker, Ward, Griffen, Hodge, Robbie Gray, (Cripps, Boston, D. MacKenzie, )
Ruck: Goldy, Maric
Forwards: Dusty Martin, Dahlhaus, Tom Mitchell, Swan, Hogan, Tarrant. (Dale, Lambert)

Was thinking this doing
Tarrant > Steele
and Upgrading either Oxley or Cripps.. not too sure

What do you guys think I should do this weekend? Trade Maric?

Thanks Community..

Foxxy · 08/07/2015 at 18:15

Ohh by the way
    I got 13 trades left and 124k in the bank

So many bad luck during the season and injuries has made it very hard to keep trades "sigh"

derek · 08/07/2015 at 18:22

Oxley to Steele (via Hodge swing to Defence). Cripps on field.
    Tarrant to Premo (via R Gray) JPK, Beams, Rocky, Gaz?

that will put hodge and Gray in the defence and forward line where they should be. You still have swing set (via McKenzie and Steele)

Tyler · 08/07/2015 at 18:27

Krak omitted this week even after he cracked the ton. Great!

Nick · 08/07/2015 at 18:33

how many trades should we have?

Mac · 08/07/2015 at 18:37

10 trades left 130k in the bank. Not sure what trades to make?

Shaw, Simpson, Hodge, Gibson, Murphy, Newnes, Pearce, Hamling
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Lonie, McLean, Goddard.

Not sure wether to trade Maric. I need to move McLean and Dumont on as McLean isn't playing and Dumont is bleeding cash.

Bangers APLNG · 08/07/2015 at 19:24

Looking for a primo ruck to finish the year. Thinking Goldstein or Jacobs? Thoughts????

Mac · 08/07/2015 at 19:35

Goldstein

Tulendeena · 08/07/2015 at 21:02

Goldy for sure

Tulendeena · 08/07/2015 at 20:18

Trade Krak?

Also, Rocky or Gaz?

Tophawk · 08/07/2015 at 20:42

Trade Krak, but do not trade in Rocky or Gaz this week. No way.

I am still not convinced about Gazzas shoulder. His breakeven is still high. Lets see how his shoulder and scoring goes this round.

Rocky is coming back rather soon after re cracking those ribs broken earlier this season. Again, lets have look and see how he goes this week before pulling the trigger on either of these champs.

Cheers

Matt · 08/07/2015 at 21:03

Need to free up cash. Who to trade out of Lonie, DMac or Pearce.

@Matr1x23 · 08/07/2015 at 21:08

Hi guys,

So I'm leading in my Leagues and there's some big cash to be won. What do you guys recommend I do next? I know every next move is crucial, so a little help would be greatly appreciated.

Defence: Shaw, McDonald, Higgins, Newnes, Smith, Simpson (Lever, Pearce)

Midfield: Pendlebury, Fyfe, Priddis, Heppell, Dangerfield, Cripps, Lewis, Wines (Boston, McKenzie, Amon)

Rucks: Goldstein, Martin (Read)

Forward: Gray, Swan, Goddard, Walker, Deledio, Lonie (Lambert, Steele)

I have 8 trades and $192,000 on the bank. I was thinking Cripps to Hannerbery and maybe just cop the donut for Martin. Any other ideas community?

Pieman74 · 08/07/2015 at 21:09

Greetings community. Great tribute to Phil Walsh, Chicko.

I have 9 trades and $176 in the bank. Team is:
B: Newes, Burgoyne, Shaw, Murphy, Smith, Ibbo (Lever, Coloqhoun)
M: Fyfe, Pendles, Hodge, Lewis, Parker, T Mitchell, Van Berlo, Steele (Boston, McKenzie, Glenn)
R: Goldy, Jacobs (Cox)
F: Gray, Swan, Zorko, Mc Govern, Lonie, Martin (Dale, Lamb)

Happy with my def but wish Coloqhoun didn’t get dropped. Thinking of making one trade but not sure whether it should be in the mid (Van B) or fwd (Dale).

Any comments/thoughts much appreciated.

Dean · 08/07/2015 at 21:59

Cannot believe Krakouer was dropped.