Chicko - elite fantasy analystHello community, it is with a heavy heart that I write this week’s check in. The mark of a man (or men) is usually found in the unsolicited testimonies they receive in times of crisis (or worse).

Now is one of those times, the outpouring of emotion, thanks and love for Jock, Higgo and Crouching has been huge, and so it should be. There are very few places in this world where people take an initiative, build a community, work tirelessly for the good of the community, and expect nothing in return – these men are such examples. Generosity is the word I keep coming back to as I believe it personifies these men.

I’m sure many of us go to bed on a Sunday night listening to the weekly podcast, or catch the train or drive into work on a Monday morning absolutely cracking up at some of the humour that is dished up for us to consume. These men have been so generous in giving up their time to provide entertainment, humour, game shaping strategy, wisdom and all in the objective to provide something positive to the community. I’m genuinely moved by what Jock has built. I know many of us are. Please watch this space as there may be a call to action for the community to get behind Jock, Higgo and Crouching for the show to go on. It will take a community sized effort to make it happen.

Like many of the other contributors on this site, I feel blessed to have been asked by Jock to play a small part and share in the great comraderies within this community. If it wasn’t for Jock, and the podcast, I am certain I would not love this game as much as I do. So in honour of Jock, I will continue to write the Check-In until the end of the year. It is the very least I can do to say thank you for everything Jock, Higgo and Crouching have done for me and for us.

So with that, and in a bid to not let down Jock, Higgo or Crouching down, onto the check-in we go.

Ok community – how did we go this week? Please let me vent for a minute or so. From what I can gather on Twitter, there seems to be many coaches who may want to join hands with me in this rant and are at their wits end with our great game. HEY SC GODS – GET STUFFED! WHAT THE FLAMIN HELL IS GOING ON?!

Around every corner this season is a trap. I’m at full premium, but by label only, as many a premium is spudding it up each week, or at best every second week, with putrid scores which rookies are matching or beating. AND please do not get me started on Sloane – have had him since R2, and am a massive fan, but he has cost me plenty ever since – with 4 scores in the 60’s and 4 weeks of ZERO! And for the 20,000 coaches, who like I, still have Sloane, you are again faced with another question on the blonde shag – do you hold or do you fold? If I hadn’t traded in Sloane, I would be 469 points better off – to put that into context, it would improve my ranking by 10,000 spots alone – that has been the negative impact it has had on my team. For me, this week, I am throwing caution to the wind. Stick with me community.

It might be my recency bias at play, but I cannot recall a year where there have been so many underperforming premiums – guys you could previously take to the bank for their contested ball play and would not dip below 90-95 on a bad day. This year, it seems that is a good day for some of these so called premiums! This was the week some of us were meant to rocket back up the charts – that is until we had scores in the 50-60’s from Sloane, Titch, Buddy, Dusty, Brodie Smith and Hodge to name a few.

SPECIAL MESSAGE  to Jordan Lewis and Jobe Watson with more scores in the 70’s. I suspect these boys are battling demons within. Listen up gents – I feel both of you are fighting against father time and afraid to embrace your impending baldness and this is holding you back onfield – just my humble opinion. It’s okay boys, once you move from denial to acceptance and then to pride, your confidence will grow enormously and you will gather pill and accolades like no other. I offer you GAJ as evidence.

If you, like me, have a number of these players then I can look you in the eye and say that I know your pain, because I do. These season has cut me deep!

With the caveat that I am only looking at round 13, I believe these scores are typical of what we have seen from these players for far too many weeks now.

Poor premiums

Player

Disposals

Kicks

Handballs

Contested Pill

Disposal Eff

SC Score

Baldpatch Lewis

75%

Wispy Watson

78%

Hairdo Heppell

61%

Heppell’s score this week is a bit of an exception but it does highlight one glaring area. These players are gathering a reasonable amount of the ball and in contested situations BUT they are electing to handball as opposed to kicking – perhaps they are under pressure at the coal face but choosing to handball as opposed to kicking is severely limiting their SC scoring impact.

Again, with the disclaimer of only looking at round 13 – lets isolate the scoring of three players with similar disposal numbers and contrast the differences.

Tonned up Titans

Jack Newnes

87%

133

Zorko the Magnificent

78%

119

As you can see, the kick to handball ratio is almost the complete inverse of the players in the poor premiums table. From the look of the numbers they are electing to kick more, perhaps in less pressurised situations when looking at the contested possessions numbers which is aiding disposal efficiency and hence overall scoring. There isn’t really anything new in these numbers other than it is the certain premium midfielders being impacted – Watson, Lewis, Selwood and even JPK (until this week), have been very poor in this regard.

The standout has been the ilks of Dayne Beams with 30 odd possessions most weeks, with a slight bias to kicks over handballs and almost half of his possessions being contested whilst maintaining a disposal efficiency in the 70’s.

So what is this week’s dilemma?

With a team of full premo’s, I am tossing up two courses of action. Namely;

1.      Stay disciplined – pick the right rookies and build flexibility and bench cover with the right selections. For example, a Zorko or a Hodge.

2.      P*ss off these so called premiums and “upgrade” to a more consistent version be thy named Beams or Priddis. Sloane may need to be the first to go in this regard.

So what am I thinking about this week?

At this stage, I am not sure which way I will go but one thing for sure, I’m glad these bye rounds are done and dusted and we now face the regular challenges of possible suspensions (FFS Buddy – just tackle!), and potential outs (Titch?) and poor form (insert name of any premium you like!).

What are you thinking about community?

Over to you community, the poll this week is, what will you do?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Always  keen to hear your thoughts community so please tweet me @chicko_lcs with any questions or dilemmas of your own.

Cheers,

Chicko

mcleal10 · 29/06/2015 at 12:55

So is Bobby Murphy the player to complete my defence? Currently have Hodge, Simpson, Shaw, Hibberd and Newnes

LEKD0G · 29/06/2015 at 14:43

My first pick this year, lock him in to come home strong

tom · 29/06/2015 at 12:57

brilliant tribute chicko

opinions on what i should do?

zorko and mundy with 140k leftover

zorko and beams with 70k leftover

or deledio mundy with no cash left

the extra cash is handy for upgrading my d6(last premo spot left) in the coming weeks

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 14:30

Cheers Tom, its the least I could do. I personally like the Zorko / Beams combo. I also like Lids but not quite sure on Mundy.

Rob · 29/06/2015 at 13:05

Back line is as follows:

Shaw, simpson, newnes, Hibbered,Saad,Hamling ( Pearce and Beasley)

I have 1 trade remaining for this round. 1 of the trades I have done for this round so far is Lever to Toby Mclean ( via DPP) this allows me to upgrade Saad to a premium.

I am having trouble figuring out which premium I should get.

I have 512K to get a Backman.

Any suggestions?

Jackson · 29/06/2015 at 13:12

Murphy

mcleal10 · 29/06/2015 at 13:19

Bob Murphy seems like a good option.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/06/2015 at 14:38

Billy picken

Luke · 29/06/2015 at 13:07

Who to bring in for sloane? Was thinking Sidebottom, JPK, Lewis or wines

mcleal10 · 29/06/2015 at 13:12

JPK for value

Danners · 29/06/2015 at 15:07

JPK, more reliable out of the bunch

judd0 · 29/06/2015 at 17:27

I've got to many value picks in my mid and am upgrading sloane also. I'm going for a super premo, I have Fyfe, Priddis and Pendlebury already.
    Thinking Hannebery. What do you guys think?

@randomcliche · 30/06/2015 at 20:16

Don't think Hannebery qualifies as super premo….wait a second…the guy is having a blinder of a season, but I reserve super premo for 4 players (Teen wolf, Dependlebury, Rocky and Son of God). Yes, two of them are playing remotely from the hospital, but hey, I'm not ready to change a definition on half a seasons performance. Why not just be the first to splash the cash on GAJ? For what its worth, I'd go Beams over Hanners, but don't have either, (Fyfe, Pendles, Priddis, JPK, Selwood, Steven, Griffen, Swallow), but would have beams at M5-M8, Hanners at M6-8, as they are better than my current ones.

Jimbo · 29/06/2015 at 21:58

Higgo’s analysis in a 2014 mid season podcast of the teams with the best draw at the end of the season really helped me pick my last couple of ungrades last year. Last week I did had a bit of a look at each teams run home (supercoach finals). I believe Sydney has the best run and therefore the most scoring potential. They face: Geelong(A), Collingwood(H), GWS(A), St.Kilda (A). Therefore, I’m looking at Parker, JPK and Hannebery in that order.

CoachDamo · 30/06/2015 at 10:47

I'd avoid Lewis at the moment – he's in terrible form. JPK or Wines would be the way to go.

lostlarrikin · 30/06/2015 at 23:16

Miles as a friggin massive POD!

I N Pieman · 29/06/2015 at 13:13

Great work Chicko. Somber day that’s for sure. Feel like a loved one passed. Bloody Sloane. Held him & he does this to me. Options around his price suck as well, or I have them already. Prick of a season

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 14:28

I hear you there INP, feel exactly the same today – very strange, very sad and without the usual spring in my step with the knowledge that there will not be another Sunday night podcast.

On Sloane, thinking of holding him until I see GAJ.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/06/2015 at 14:40

Could b worse I went Selwood to Sloane as thought I would get premium points in Rd 13 and going fwd

Crabb · 29/06/2015 at 16:15

I might just go up to GAJ. Don't care if he drops – reckon he'll at least score 120 and given the inconsistency of most premo's I'll take that guarantee if it means getting a leg up on the rest of the '0%'.

BKW · 29/06/2015 at 18:04

Ballsy, which I like, but I’d wait two weeks for Gaz and get him for around $600k.

Jackson · 29/06/2015 at 13:13

Priddis Mundy Hannerz or Beams for Sloane?

Pinidu · 29/06/2015 at 13:51

Hannebery or beams. Depending on your budget

scrofl · 29/06/2015 at 13:53

Beams or Priddis for consistency.

mcleal10 · 29/06/2015 at 13:56

Flip a coin. Both will average well for the rest of the season but I think Priddis may just outscore Beams.

Danners · 29/06/2015 at 15:07

Priddis, more of a chance to keep his form up

judd0 · 29/06/2015 at 17:29

Yer I like Priddis out of those selections.

The Ranger · 29/06/2015 at 13:34

Nice work Chicko.
I nearly gave the season away when Sloane went down. Unfrickin believable.
Decided to see it out as I know the great man would expect me to…

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 14:29

Well done Ranger, that is exactly the fighting spirit to display! Go get em tiger. Others will give up, its where your guts will lead you to glory mate.

Not Letting Go · 29/06/2015 at 13:34

Surely we start a Crowdfund exercise community? With 10,000 FB fans and many others out there, if we could get fans of the Sunday podcast to chuck a $5, $10 or $20 I’m sure we could reach a figure around $20k which would keep the show running! Honestly, Chicko, let’s kick this into gear? The guys are too humble to ‘beg’ for loot from their beloved community but seriously is it time we the people stood up for our ‘Father of Fantasy’ in his time of need? Who are we but sheep if we do not fight for our brethren?

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 14:26

NLG, you are on the exact same wave length as our own great BB who has suggested the very same thing. Lots of the community feel very strongly about this so I hope there is a dollar number which is required to entice the boys back. Stay tuned mate is all I can say as we look into it.

Dave · 29/06/2015 at 15:53

I pay for asst coach, jocks worth at least the same. Where do I sign?

chevy · 29/06/2015 at 14:29

Yep lets all cough up a few $$$, i for one will be!!!

jocks chin bruiser · 29/06/2015 at 19:39

you gotta ask yourself NotLettingGo- how much is enough??? for all those that do their hobbies for free how much is enough to do a podcast each work compared to 4 mates playing 9 holes of golf each week and having just as much fun but without the enjoy of having 10,000 fans? how mush is enough? people pay to play golf for the enjoyment but now its got to a point where the team needs to BE paid for the enjoyment of a podcast. Is $100 each enough for a 30 min podcast a week? or maybe $200 each a week? or $500 a week? or $1000 each a week?????

The question is how much is enough???? And considering that what they once loved to do for free they can only do for $$$ is a way of the world!!!!!!!!!! How many men do you know give up golf each week because it takes 4 hrs a week out of family commitments? Not many I would say.

So I would safely say that the 20K, 30K, 40, 50K you could get in support will always be an ever increasing figure- even though many do such time consuming hobbies for free!!!! Even if you get these figures in $$$ it will never be enough.

If they want it to be a business then they need to make a business plan and decide HOW MUCH they should get paid each week for a 30 min Podcast and then charge for subscribers accordingly…..

The ironic thing though is the same way the boys cant continue the show due to finances is the same reason a lot of JR fans cant PAY to listen to the show— because less and less is free now- everyone wants to make money of the social media because they see others making money….. so a lot of people cant afford a $20 fee to subscribe to jock each year- so even they may get paid by subscribers the fan base will be miniscule in comparison- so then whats more important- fans or $$$???

Don't worry— the Almight Father of Fantasy WILL be back!!!!!!!!! He has been around too long not to be!!!!!!!

I think that Jock will be back- probably in a media role but I don't suspect the same for Crouching or Higgo or Wayno….

derek · 29/06/2015 at 13:37

Sloane getting injured means I have to keep Cloke in my team for another week. Will have to trade Sloane to Parker. I was hoping to trade Cloke to Boomer this week.

I have Motlop as my M9/F7 to loophole Cloke this week.

derek · 29/06/2015 at 13:39

it was a toss of the coin to bring in Parker or Sloane last week, in the end it cost me $33k, 60SC points (should be in top 200 now) and 1 trade.

Tulendeena · 29/06/2015 at 13:43

Sloane to Beams or JPK?

Already have parker

Pinidu · 29/06/2015 at 13:50

JPK. Will save you heaps.

Pinidu · 29/06/2015 at 13:49

I have 10K and my team looks like this:

Def: Shaw, Hodge, Hibbo, Newnes, Oxely, Saad (Edwards, Hamling)
Mid: Fyfe, Pendles, JPK, Danger, Selwood, Lewis, Griffen, Sloane (Lambert, Boston, McKenzie)
Ruck: Goldy, Maric (Lucey)
For: Gray, Martin, Swan, Franklin, Bont, Titch (Dale, Steele)

I don't know what to do with Sloane? Thoughts?

Pino · 29/06/2015 at 13:50

Which trade option:
McKenzie > Neal Bullen and Sloane > Hannebery
Oxely > Brodie Smith and Sloane > Hannebery
Already have Lewis and JPK, any other premiums I should consider?

mcleal10 · 29/06/2015 at 13:57

Brodie Smith hasn't shown any signs of improving thus far. So I think the first option could allow more potential.

scrofl · 29/06/2015 at 13:55

Should I hold Sloane? I only have 8 trades left, and can just put Cripps on the field til Sloane comes back. Or should I bite the bullet and trade him? I'm only considering holding him because I only just brought him in 2 weeks ago.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/06/2015 at 14:47

Contemplating the same thing. JPK swap looks juicy but if Rocky plays may hold. With the way injuries have smashed me yet his year seems I always have a premo on the bench. Still inside 5000 so must be doing something right. But the trade cupboard is looking bare.

Swans2012 · 29/06/2015 at 20:29

Same problems, I’m considering jpk as a like for like type swap, or maybe a downgrade to Gawn? Makes a bit of cash and gives that ruck coverage for when I’m out of trades in a couple of weeks (at this rate)…

I also like the idea of holding sloane while having a look at gaj for couple of weeks time…..

I just dunno….

Ranked 77 overall so all of a sudden these decisions arent as simple!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/06/2015 at 21:19

Going well swans. Thinking once get a good look at Gaz and he starts producing decent scores and can lay a tackle and his shoulder is ok and can keep up with the rigours of footy then will take the final place in my midfield replacing the extractor. Lot of boxes he has to tick before that happens.

Only Q u have to ask yourself – do u have cover for sloane why u wait for Gaz?

Swans2012 · 30/06/2015 at 12:11

Your right that is the question, I’m leaning to no only because the wait may be anything, also still have the extractor but had planned on turning him into rocky next week when (if) he tops out and rocky looks fit. Might be a straight sloane to rocky if he lines up, high risk high reward and allows time to consider the Cripps to gaj. Just can’t afford trade wise to get it wrong…..

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/06/2015 at 15:09

Like it but as lions have freo in freo this week I think Rocky will b left in the sunshine state and not get on the plane. Hope I’m wrong as have rocky on my bench but if he misses will go Sloane – JPK.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/06/2015 at 18:15

Lions just confirmed rocky back Rd 15. Won’t travel this week. So it looks like welcome aboard JPK.

Swans2012 · 30/06/2015 at 20:34

Might even follow your lead there, only missed two games in last 4 odd seasons, that’s the type of consistency we need….

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/06/2015 at 20:42

Yep and checking his scores tonned up in 9 games counting his 97 as close enough. I think value for $480k.

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 14:08

When will lever be back?

chevy · 29/06/2015 at 14:28

Played in the 2nds and should be picked this week

Timmy · 29/06/2015 at 14:40

I hope so. I need him for bench cover and to start going up in coin. Need another rookie to hit 300k else I'm stuffed

Danners · 29/06/2015 at 15:09

Played in the SANFL, looked alright, but Henderson was playing too so he may get first preference

McLovin · 29/06/2015 at 14:26

The community needs to pull together, raise the funds necessary to keep the weekly podcast dream alive….

tom · 29/06/2015 at 14:47

zorko and beams

or deledio and mundy?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/06/2015 at 14:50

1 beamer just getting the job done every single week

Northerner · 30/06/2015 at 05:33

Could you consider Delidio this week and then add Priddis who will likely be circa $590-595k next week?

Robert · 29/06/2015 at 14:52

Thoughts on my team and how i can improve it.

7 trades and 35k in the bank.

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Higgins, Newnes, Saad, Smith
MID: Fyfe, Pendles, Parker, Beams, Selwood, JPK, Griffen, Rockliff
RUC: Maric, Nic Nat
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Wingard, Zorko, Goddard

northernsoul74 · 29/06/2015 at 16:48

Looks decent enough. I'd just hold off for a few weeks and save trades. The way this season has gone it will be last man standing with a trade or 2 in hand.

tom · 29/06/2015 at 14:58

goddard, zorko, roo or boomer?

Jackson · 29/06/2015 at 15:11

bj

Robert · 29/06/2015 at 15:11

In order: Goddard, Boomer, Zorko, Riewoldt

Jeff · 29/06/2015 at 18:38

Goddard

Matt · 29/06/2015 at 15:07

Sad news the end of the podcast, but its better to have loved and lost then to nevet have loved at all. Also great read and brilliant tribute Chicko.

Anyways, community Im faced with two options this week. I have 435k in the warchest.

Lever -> Picken/Murphy or any other defender
Clark -> Zorko/Boomer or any other >500k forward
or
Hold off for this week and let Lever grow a bit more with his -8 BE, then do the said trades in the coming weeks

If I was to go option 1 who are the best options for both lines?

Cheers.

SCaddict · 29/06/2015 at 15:19

Superb article Chicko, perhaps your best yet and you've had some rippers.

I lost patience with baldpatch last week and traded him to his team mate Hodgey who delivered an even more putrid score. So this spud epidemic is contagious!

I brought Hodge in partly for his DPP and long term structural benefit to my team so not too fazed by what is hopefully just a one week hiccup as Hodgey has been solid all season. But it still goes to show you have to be very wary when trying to correct these non performers or risk getting in an even bigger pickle.

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 15:27

Thanks SCaddict, very kind of you mate! I hear you, hence the title of my article last week, I have literally walking into every sliding door this year! I agree on your move with Hodgey, long term it should be the better move due to his DPP flexibility. Not going to rush the decision on Sloane – may wait to see if, and how, GAJ plays. Thanks again mate.

Ashley J · 29/06/2015 at 15:30

Is Sloane to heppel a good trade, I only have 533k to bring someone in?

Sean · 29/06/2015 at 15:30

goddard and beams

or

deledio and mundy

judd0 · 29/06/2015 at 17:39

I like the Goddard and Beams.

Jeff · 29/06/2015 at 18:37

I agree with Judd

Swans2012 · 29/06/2015 at 20:32

Liam · 29/06/2015 at 15:36

Who do I get in for Sloane??
Only have 500k to get a player with JPK already in my side.

John · 29/06/2015 at 15:38

Maybe Lewis???

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 15:41

I'm in the same sorta boat as you liam. Don't have much $ to upgrade sloane, but I've got motlop as bench cover. It's not worth trading in a player now that won't score well. So if you have bench cover and a rookie that is fattening up and will be ready to cull in a few weeks wait till then, downgrade the rookie then upgrade sloane

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 15:46

But if you must trade in a player under 500k I would get Swanny, barlow or boak

zeesus · 29/06/2015 at 17:39

Sidey

Liam · 29/06/2015 at 18:12

Or I could burn another trade and get anyone up to 580k

Liam · 29/06/2015 at 18:25

Sorry 560k

John · 29/06/2015 at 18:27

Lewis or another one of the under performing premos could pay off.
          Saying that it is probably best to play it safe and pick up a 500k to 560k player.

Joel · 29/06/2015 at 15:37

already got fyfe, beams, priddis, pendles, JPK in the mids

with premos i was originally going to bring in round 14 that are spudding it up aka. selwood, watson.. who should i go..
i've already felt as if trading in rocky to sloane going back to rocky is a serious waste of trades.. but if rocky can stay on the pitch i feel as if he will outscore any other mids that i would consider bringing in..
do i risk it by bringing him in to only see him getting re injured.. or go to a mundy..

thoughts community (been trading my bottom off with injuries to many players (have 8 left) but only due to try maintain a solid rank.. at 400th atm, should well and truly be in 100-200's if it werent for poor captain choices..

Kev · 29/06/2015 at 15:45

Had it with "premiums" this year, so desperate times and all that, Shaun McKernan an option? Mobile ruckman, free reign of the ruck at the Bombers. CD have a hard-on for these types of guys (look at Blicavs/Gawn who record bugger all hit outs, yet smash the contested possies).

Or have I completely lost it…?

Baggy pants · 29/06/2015 at 18:34

Thinking the same thing, cheap option covers two lines, number 1 ruck for the season averaging around 120 sc points in the reserves.

Swans2012 · 29/06/2015 at 20:36

Yep was locked on Gawn but then big mckernan stands up, 150k cheaper but I think gawns output will be better.. Still thinking Gawn may be my man….

Harry · 29/06/2015 at 20:42

McKernan will play one good game in five

Dan · 29/06/2015 at 20:55

Imo he's basically played 2 good games in 2, 60 playing as a third forward and bit of ruck in his first game then 98 in his second , I think he'll average around 80 and be good cover.

Rick · 29/06/2015 at 16:02

My team as it stands:
Def: Shaw, Houli, Higgins, Burgoyne, Mcintsoh (Looking to upgrade), Hamling/ Goddard, Mckenzie

Mid: Fyfe, Treloar, Parker, Kennedy, Sloane (Looking to trade), Watson, Griffen, Lewis,/ Boston, Glenn, Steele

Ruck: Goldstein, Maric

Forward: Gray, Swan, Goddard, Mitchell, Bontempelli, Bennel

I have underperforming midfielders in watson, griffen, lewis and I cant trade any of them with sloane going out. I also want to rid of Mcintosh. I am looking Sloane to Boak and Mcintosh to Hibberd ( I have 198k in the bank) After this I will be left with 7 trades and 21 premos. Im struggling community. Do I burn trades to upgrade fallen premos or do I hold and save trades for the finals.

Sean · 29/06/2015 at 16:02

stefan martin 2 weeks

FMSC

there goes my season

hedski · 29/06/2015 at 16:10

Whats up with stef?

northernsoul74 · 29/06/2015 at 16:52

Charged with striking apparently.

hedski · 29/06/2015 at 16:57

Shit thats put a big finger up the bum now I know how j.glenn feels. Probed.

Baggy pants · 29/06/2015 at 16:54

2 weeks for striking. Buddy 1 Tippet 1

hedski · 29/06/2015 at 16:04

1 trade chicko.

Sloane = Priddis = BANG

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 16:18

AROUSED HEDSKI!

hedski · 29/06/2015 at 16:21

Ha ha. That may change when I work out the post above.
      Big stef?

L.Gibbs · 29/06/2015 at 16:10

Who do I get in for Sloane? Priddas or hannerby? And hold Lewis?

Jack · 29/06/2015 at 16:44

Can someone please help me fix my f****** backline? It’s the pits.

Team looks like this;

DEF: Shaw, Higgins, Newnes, Oxley, Saad, Hamling (A. Pearce, N. Brown)

MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Heppell, Selwood, Sloane, JPK, Rockliff (Griffen, Boston, McKenzie)

RUC: Goldstein, Maric

FWD: Gray, Martin, Goddard, Swan, T. Mitchell, Steele (Krakouer, Read)

$43,500 and 11 trades to try and fix this debacle before finals start.

Please, community, I’m begging ya! Any input!

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 17:04

Hey Jack, only my thoughts, but two possible options for you.

1. downgrade McKenzie for someone like Adamson of WCE (also a DPP) at $102,400 which gives you about $150k to play with and upgrade Brown to whoever you can – perhaps Docherty of the Blues.

OR

2. downgrade Griffin to Lambert which opens the DPP link up forward and with the $377k in your pocket, you can upgrade a couple of players – one this week and one next week.

derek · 29/06/2015 at 18:20

Sloane to Boomer to start with. Swing Boomer to forward line vis krak.

Liam · 29/06/2015 at 18:29

Agree with derek, and if you want another premo in defence you could go brown to B.Smith

BigDropKick · 29/06/2015 at 19:19

bring in Ibbotson

dognino · 29/06/2015 at 17:16

My current conundrum , smith and labumba are my D5 and 6, I was going to trade labumba to shaw but now I'm having trouble deciding between my 2 current spuds. If anything lamumba is proving more consistent than smith . As smith started off averaging 130 in the first couple and has now dropped down to be line ball with lamumba. I think With trades being so low now due to injuries I may just hold for a couple more weeks , they can't play any worse can they?

zeesus · 29/06/2015 at 17:37

came 239th this week. happy with that!

Jeff · 29/06/2015 at 18:27

Great work Zeesus

zeesus · 29/06/2015 at 17:38

Is JPK on the up? has his role changed? someone shed some light please.
Thinking either either JPK or Nathan Jones in for Sloane..

OldOcker · 29/06/2015 at 17:47

Chicko,
Have only got as far as reading you're introduction and have to take a breather for a moment.
I could not find the words last night and still don't think I can.
What you have written is exactly the way I and many other's would be feeling.
I am sure something will be organised or at least worked out before the end of the year.
Like yourself I will fight on and still help out where I can. "The Ultimate Spread-Sheet" Will be there at the end of this year again.

Top work mate and appreciate you writing the words for me.

Chicko · 29/06/2015 at 20:11

Old Ocker, thanks for taking the time to share your feedback mate. I’m glad the message resonated and hoped I adequately summarised the feelings for all – as much as I could anyway. Thanks again mate, really appreciate the feedback.

Tom · 29/06/2015 at 17:51

Trade Dumont? And what rookies are looking good to pick up this week?

Jeff · 29/06/2015 at 18:27

Steele is your best option if you don't already have him, if you do have him you could get Neal-Bullen or Lambert but both of their JS isn't very good.

judd0 · 29/06/2015 at 18:56

Steele if you don't have him.
    Watch to see if Glenn is named.
    K Lambert although he had a poor score, if he is named again this week is a good option I think.

Mac · 29/06/2015 at 17:57

Thoughts on my team? 10 trades and 130k in the bank.

Shaw, Simpson, Hodge, Gibson, Murphy, Newnes, Hamling, Pearce
Fyfe, Priddis, Beams, Selwood, JPK, Parker, Treloar, Rockliff, Dumont, Steele, Lambert
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Franklin, Dahlhaus, Lonie, Goddard, McLean.

Was wanting to upgrade Lonie to Harvey. But need more cash. Was thinking of dropping Dumont.

Thoughts?

Antonio · 29/06/2015 at 18:09

What do we do with Martin?

derek · 29/06/2015 at 18:11

whats wrong with him

Antonio · 29/06/2015 at 18:13

Isn’t he suspended for two games?

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 18:19

Only if he accepts, which he probably will

Jeff · 29/06/2015 at 18:23

I think Antonio means Stefan Martin who was suspended for two weeks

derek · 29/06/2015 at 18:24

I thought you meant Dusty.

Antonio · 29/06/2015 at 18:33

Sorry guys I should have been specific.

hedski · 29/06/2015 at 18:47

I’m bringing in mckernan for r.sprobe glenn via lambert swing so will have rck/fwd cover.
          Holding stef. Gun.
          Now my problem is zorko or ziebell?
          Leaning towards ziebell with kangas run home.
          Lousy 2k short of jpk and not going near baldspot.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 13:06

he might have meant Jack Martin 🙂

judd0 · 29/06/2015 at 18:51

Trade in Max Gawn as F6/R3 use him as back up ruck for a couple of weeks then sit him in F6 when martin returns.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 13:07

Gawn isn't good enough for F6. big mistake to bring him in now.

Swans2012 · 30/06/2015 at 20:35

I dunno Derek I think he might average 100 from here

johnny · 29/06/2015 at 18:29

got a bit of a dilemma, got 2 more upgrades, 1 in my midfield and 1 in my forward line. I was thinking of making two downgrades this week. pearce – Edwards, krakouer – Neal bulleen (already have steele). should I do that or bring in Zorko this week and make one downgrade. please help !

derek · 29/06/2015 at 18:46

My first trade this week is Sloane to Parker. (should have went parker last week instead of Sloane).

Second is downgrade CEY to Payne. (Non-playing DPP saints player – saints have mostly Sunday games, perfect for loopholes)

Team

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Smith, Newnes, KK, Enright (McKenzie, Hamling)
MIDS: Fyfe, Priddis, Parker, Selwood, Pendlebury, JPK, SMitchell, Griffin (Payne, Steele, Lambert)
RUC: Goldy, Jacobs (Lucey)
FWD: Martin, Dahlhaus, Swan, Goddard, Gray, Cloke (HGoddard, Motlop)

10 trades left and $280k.

Next week Cloke to Boomer & Hamling to McGovern

This will give me a full premium team with additional pretty strong bench players of B Smith at D7 and Motlop at M9/F7.

Also have DPP swing sets through FWD/MID and DEF/FWD, so I can cover all lines with my bench. I have plenty of saints non-playing rookies on bench to loophole across all lines (saints play mostly Sundays)

Will Still have 8 trades left to fix up Griffin, SMitchell, KK, newness if I have the cash.

Should I worry about so much bench cover and loopholing, I might be getting to clever for my own good, or just go delidio and Hodge instead of McGovern and Boomer?

hedski · 29/06/2015 at 18:51

The more you can move your players around the better derek especially if they are better players spare.
    you are cruisin

Mac · 29/06/2015 at 19:07

Who is your DEF to FWD swing? I see goddard byt thats it?

Derek · 29/06/2015 at 20:03

I’ll trade in McGovern

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 20:29

I think you are over-complicating it Derek. Deledio and Hodge have much better chances of getting you more points, plain and simple. If they get injured, you've got bench cover, and it won't be too hard to find replacements. Richmond and Hawthorn both finish their seasons off strongly. The hawks won 5 of the last 6 home and away games and the Tiges obviously had their massive 10-game win streak to finish the 2014 season. Deledio averaged 119 in the last 7 games. The same can't be said for hodge but he is an absolute gun. Sometimes the obvious choice is the best, and I think this is one of those times. Good luck mate

Swans2012 · 29/06/2015 at 20:47

I’ve decided loopholing may be the key to some serious rank climbing, I’m thinking of bringing in big Gawn for this purpose at f7. Unfortunately I’ll also be doing a bit of sloane-jpk/rocky as well. This will take me to 7 trades and still Cripps to upgrade. But I’ll have Gawn f7 and smith d7 and a mf connection….

Swans2012 · 29/06/2015 at 20:56

So that’s a go for it derek

Derek · 29/06/2015 at 22:14

I agree. Loopholing and quality bench cover will be the secret this year. Brought in Motlop a few weeks back just for that role.

Same with bSmith, he isn’t a premium but will be a nice D7.

I’m also making sure I have a couple of non playing DPP rookies to loop with, preferably from saints.

JMG · 30/06/2015 at 13:42

I am trying a loophole strategy also. I have Bont as M/F coverage to loop against Griffen. Also have Adamson as M/D swing donut. Thought of trading B Smith in as D7 but running out of trades so will prob just rely on Hamling and Lever (if named) as def backups, doing ok
          I personally think in yr case though I’d get Hodge not worry about the F/D swing as u have enough elsewhere

derek · 30/06/2015 at 14:08

I was just looking at the option of Sloane to Hodge. I already have McKenzie as a DPP in defence, so I could swing Hodge to defence if needed and then have motlop cove Hodge in the mids. That way Motlop can cover all THREE lines.

is Hodge going to score as well as Parker? probably not.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/06/2015 at 15:19

I’m doing the same in the next couple of weeks once hodge comes down in $. Hodge/MacKenzie DPP and bont/bennell/titch m9/f7 cover. Whichever ones plays early can put the E on and swap on non playing mid/fwd if go OK. Can always fill in for when the general or injuries strike. Looking at Mal/Smith as d7 cover as once mal avoids the vest should produce some good scores 41 last week in just over a qtr of footy.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 17:39

malceski choice would be sensational as D7. he will be $350k in a couple of weeks. I already have BSmith, but if I didn't I'd be watching Malceski very closely.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 17:42

I know you are pretty high in the rankings Swans, around 120ish, keep it going.

I think loophole strategy will separate the good from the elite this year. With so many premiums not performing each week, having a chance to have a second or third bite at the cherry will be a serious advantage.

Swans2012 · 30/06/2015 at 20:36

Moved up a bit Derek, cruising at 77 overall now….

Swans2012 · 30/06/2015 at 21:26

And agree….

derek · 01/07/2015 at 11:34

77th…nice.

it won't take that much to get into the top 10. I'm only 485pts outside the top 10, so I'm guessing you would only be around 250 outside.

Jim · 29/06/2015 at 19:12

Does my midfield need any improving?
Have fyfe,pendles,heppell,a gaff, parker, wines, lewis, armitage.
Thougths on bernie vince or steele sidebottom?

Antonio · 29/06/2015 at 19:22

I like it. A lot of POD’s!

Liam · 29/06/2015 at 19:34

Bernie Vince is a bit overpriced

Henry · 29/06/2015 at 19:13

Should i trade Tom Mitchell?

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 20:10

Only if he keeps getting subbed

Liam · 29/06/2015 at 19:23

I need your help community.
Who should I bring in to complete my team?
1.Lewis and Harvey
2.Treloar and Zorko

Henry · 29/06/2015 at 19:37

Option 2 Lewis is very up and down.
    Zorko should still score well even though Harvey is the better option.

KJU FC · 29/06/2015 at 19:43

due to the big man Stefan Martin copping a rough 2 week suspension I have traded Clark to Maxy Gawn and then ill be swinging him into the rucs VIA Tom Read.

only have 8 trades after this and still need to upgrade my D6 (and maybe Gawn) but feel with me being ranked at 1400 i need to do it.

thoughts?

Antonio · 29/06/2015 at 20:24

Yeah I’ve done the same thing mate. It seems like the best option at this stage.

Charlesy · 29/06/2015 at 20:28

Considering this too mate. It’s legit but I still don’t trust Gawn. Hard one isn’t it

Charlesy · 29/06/2015 at 19:58

Well you can shove SuperCoach where the sun don’t shine. I actually had two players subbed out of the same game (lambert and Mitchell) then a series of rubbish scores from ‘premos’. The Sloane is out after I’ve traded him in and out TWICE! Then buddy is gone and now Steph Martin a week after I traded him in for Mummy! Despite this I’m still ranked 6,000 ish and continue to win league matches. But this morning at 4am I woke to listen to my early Monday drive to work in the cold darkness and I’m confronted by the end of Jock. Where’s the fun in this game community?! I’m down and want to quit but I’ll see this season out and see what happens. Cheer up community we can do this. Yours in fantasy footy, Charlesy x

JMG · 30/06/2015 at 13:45

I felt the same mate and had similar on field issues. Then the bombshell of no more Sunday podcast was especially hard news to take after the sh*tful bye rounds!

chris duff · 29/06/2015 at 20:28

DEF: Shaw, McDonald, Houli, Hibberd ,Rampe , Hamling (A. Pearce, Goddard )

MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Dangerfield, Priddis, Steven, Sloane, JPK, Wines (Kavanagh, Boston, McKenzie)

RUC: Goldstein, Martin

FWD Martin , Goddard ,Franklin Deledio Riewoldt Steele (Dale Lambert ) HAVE $168,500 to spend with 12 trades how to inprove

chris duff · 29/06/2015 at 20:30

sorry havnt got sloane

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 20:32

Trade out sloane for a premo like beams or hannebery. Then you'll have to wait for some of your rookies to fatten up to make some more cash to get full premo

Derek · 29/06/2015 at 20:39

Is Martin out for a couple?

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 21:12

Oh yeah trade Stef Martin for someone like Blitz or Sauce

Crouching one · 29/06/2015 at 20:38

Man with hand in pocket always feel cocky

Stickman · 29/06/2015 at 20:51

Last upgrade in defence this week to complete my team.
Who should I be looking at?
I currently have Shaw, Simpson, Newnes, Hibberd and McGovern.
Thinking of Enright as a POD at the moment
Cheers

Tyler · 29/06/2015 at 21:13

Yeah Enright, Hodge or Murphy are all good options, plus hodge has dpp

Shane · 29/06/2015 at 21:05

Have slipped out to 18k, but hoping to improve from here. $130k in the bank with Hodge in my sights as a final premium upgrade. Have owned Griffen, Bont and Lewis since rnd1 which have been key factors for the drop in rankings since the early rounds. Sub-par performances from Selwood haven't helped either.

B: Houli Newnes Taylor Hibberd McGovern Hamling (Lever, Pearce)
M: Fyfe Steven Treloar Parker Kennedy Selwood Griffen Lewis (CEY, Dumont, Lambert)
R: Goldstein Maric (Read)
F: Martin Dahlhaus Swan Gray Bont Mitchell (Lonie, Steele)

Trent · 29/06/2015 at 22:00

Defensive Rookies?

derek · 30/06/2015 at 10:46

we are all waiting for HGoddard to get a game. it must happen soon. I'm also surprised Viojo-Rainbow hasn't got a game yet.

M Fuller could be one to watch, has recovered from his shoulder surgery, mature aged rookie.

S Edwards has played 2 games, only scored 9SC last week, but still has a BE of -12.

Jake Kolodjashnij played his first game and did ok. He might get a few more games, depends on when Kelly is back.

Beasley has played 3 games, but is still only $144k. Seems like he will get plenty more games at Brisbane.

A Pearce is a bit expensive now at $178k, JS looks good and might score ok.

Spooners · 29/06/2015 at 22:05

With A. Pearce, Hamling and D-Mac in my Defence was wondering who I could trade to with 300k in the kitty
Was think of going D-Mac and Hamling to Bob Murphy and a defensive rookie or loophole player.
Would this be a good option and who could I trade in as a Defensive rookie?
Opinions appreciated.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 10:34

Hamling has a -3 BE. plenty more cash to be made before you trade him out. Two more weeks he will increase $50k.

L. Gibbs · 29/06/2015 at 22:46

Who should I get in out of Priddas, Armitage, Mundy, Neale, Parker and Hannerby?

MOC · 30/06/2015 at 12:23

Priddis, Hanneberry or Armitage are all very consistent and Parker hitting good form. I'm sceptical about Lyon resting his players near the end of the season. In order: Priddis, Hanneberry, Parker, Armitage, Mundy, Neale

min0008 · 29/06/2015 at 23:35

Thoughts on my team and how i can improve it.
11 trades and 10k in the bank.

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Hibberd, Newnes, Oxley, Hamling (Lever, Pearce)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Parker, Treloar, Hodge, Wines, Sloane, Cripps (Boston, Lambert, Glenn)
RUC: Goldstein, Nic Nat (Cox)
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Goddard, Mitchell, Franklin (Motlop, Dale)

derek · 30/06/2015 at 11:10

you need to fix up your Sloane problem this week. Not much cash available to do a straight trade to anyone. Barlow, Rocky, Boak, Swallow are the only decent premos around that price. Hamling, Lever and boston still have cash to be made so can't trade them, you will need cash to upgrade Hamling & Oxley to a premium later. Might have to be Dale to get chop to get bit extra cash to trade Sloane.

I love the Motlop at M9/F7 ( I have same strategy) will cover Buddy this week.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 12:53

when you do trade out downgrade a defence rookie, have a look at trading in a Def/Mid DPP player, even a non-playing rookie would be good.

This will allow Motlop to cover all THREE lines.

If you have a defender get injured or a late out, you can swing Hodge to defence to cover (via DPP) and then swing Motlop to mid (via Lambert).

jaytee · 30/06/2015 at 01:05

Thoughts on my team and how i can improve it.
14 trades and 214k in the bank.

DEF: Shaw, Ibboston, Hodge, Simpson, Jordan Roughead, Hamling (Beasley, Goddard)
MID: Fyfe, Priddis, Parker, Murphy, Rich, Wallis, Montagna, Ellis-Yolmen (Van Berlo, Vanderberg, Krakouer)
RUC: Nic Nat, Maric (O'Brien)
FWD: Martin, Swan, Gray, Bont, Mitchell, Tarrant (Hogan, Lamb)

John_Q_Smith · 30/06/2015 at 03:17

I think it's definitely time to thank CEY for his generous contribution and turn him into a premium. Pendles or Beams have to be the two strongest contenders. You need to focus on getting to full premium ASAP and with NVB, Vanders and Taz all at decent prices I'd look at painting the fence with them and the Krak over the coming weeks.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 10:31

you are in pretty good shape.

you have 9 rookies that will need culling, Tarrant, Hogan, CEY, NVB, Vanders, Krak, Hamling, Rich, Roughead. plenty of cash to be made once they are cashed in.

It looks like you are 2 defenders, 2 Midfields and 1 forward away from premium.

For your current 9 rookies, you need to find 4 rookies to downgrade to and 5 premiums to upgrade to. Say you could find 4 rookies priced at $117k, and you cashed in the 9 rookies I listed, plus your current cash, you would have $2,660k to spend on the 5 premiums. $532k each.

What 5 premiums would you get for $2,660k?

This will take at least 5 weeks to do and some of your rookies prices may change.

jaytee · 01/07/2015 at 11:43

I was thinking Beams and Blicavs bring in to mid, Goddard up forward. Not to sure about backline. What do you think?

Indyman · 30/06/2015 at 09:26

What a season I start with Ablett out for most of yr.Bartell goes for 9 weeks I bring in Brodie Smith he cops 2 concussions and can’t break 80 in comes I get rid of Saleem Yolmen Vandenberg Hogan the weeks they all pump out over 100 scores get Mc Donald Rd 8 and he pumps out sub 100’s miller goes for Rockliff rd 9 more broken ribs then trade him for Sloane who’s out for 6.. This week in Mitchell for tarrant who gets a 48 on 111 ave??? When will it end? Now saving Sloane for Rocky or Ablett??

Kev · 30/06/2015 at 13:31

When Gaz comes back if he duds it SC is cursed I tells ya! I blame CD for messing about with the scoring formula (apparently they have one)

Phil · 30/06/2015 at 09:33

i have 3 trades left is that way to little but my team is full premo? thoughts

Deadly · 30/06/2015 at 10:26

Good luck! You will lose interest when the trades are gone and your full team is rested and others pass you by.

PDAP · 30/06/2015 at 11:13

Yes. Crazy. You should have 8-10 left with 10 rounds left. You have been sucked in by so called experts saying trade, trade, trade.
    Learn for next year.

I N Pieman · 30/06/2015 at 11:38

Gee Phil you have gone hard. Your going to need a lot of luck avoiding donuts. Even at full premo I think you’d want at least 5. Hope your bench options are good

derek · 30/06/2015 at 17:35

cant do much about it now.

Jams · 30/06/2015 at 09:34

Why does no one have Andrew Gaff?

Stevo · 30/06/2015 at 10:08

Shhhhhh.

james · 30/06/2015 at 10:25

what mate

Stevo · 30/06/2015 at 10:30

I have him, dont bring any attention to him.

james · 30/06/2015 at 12:44

hahaha yeh hes a gun only in 1.7% of teams averaging 30 disposals!

Ethan · 30/06/2015 at 12:45

inside midfielder over outside midfielders

james · 30/06/2015 at 12:47

is that right

muzza · 30/06/2015 at 09:39

Really sorry to hear u boys as you,s have been great entertainment and the knowledge that the three of you,s have shared has not only been full of know how but the life lessons i,ve learnt along the way have been immeasurable. I would be more than happy to throw in a couple of bucks and i think if all the people who follow this site and podcast give a little we can keep this great show running.SO LETS DO IT COMMUNITY..

derek · 30/06/2015 at 10:05

That's a great idea muzza, but the problem is we just don't know how much it actually does cost. I would imagine that it is a lot more than you are thinking, otherwise it would still be on. There is also the time commitment, unless you know, we would only be guessing how much time it actually takes to put this together.

So unless the boys come out and say, yes they want to keep it going and this is the $$$ they need, we are only guessing.

Liam · 30/06/2015 at 10:33

Need to bring in a premo mid.
Who should I get?
My Midfield is: Fyfe, Pendles, JPK, Beams, Priddis, Selwood, Wines, M8 Premo

Mac · 30/06/2015 at 10:35

Maybe wait for Gaz or Rocky if not get on Luke Parker. Had him from the start. His start was ordinary, he's in great form now.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 10:55

I would have loved Parker under $500k, I should have got him last week instead of Sloane. This week he will be joining my team.

Liam · 30/06/2015 at 11:03

What about Danger

derek · 30/06/2015 at 11:21

Dangerfield is a very good option, especially now that Sloane will be missing.

Sloane missed rounds 7, 8, 9. Dangerfield scored 120+, 130+, 188 in those weeks.

Peter · 30/06/2015 at 10:35

Stef Martin getting two weeks is bummer. So to continue to field 22 my trades are:
Clark -> Gawn (via Read) and Lonie -> Dusty

Do we think Gawn can be a forward keeper? After Stef comes back my forwards would then be:
Dusty, Swan, Gray, Goddard, Buddy, Gawn.
Thoughts?

I N Pieman · 30/06/2015 at 11:35

If be a little concerned that Gawn hasn’t played more than 4 games consecutively. Having said that he looked menacing against the cats. Make sure you have cover behind him

Rick Grimes · 30/06/2015 at 12:30

I'll be running Gawn at F6. He looks a beast and the way my season has panned out I'm due some luck. Which means he'll spud it out this week….

Gibbo · 30/06/2015 at 10:41

My team

Def- Shaw, houli, gibson, docherty, newnes, yeo

Mids- Fyfe, Dangerfield, Pendlebury, Shiel, Kennedy, Selwood, Lewis, Wines

Rucks- Goldstein, Jacobs

Forwards- Martin, Gray, Dahlhouse, Goddard, Franklin, T Mitch

9 trades, 70 k left

Thoughts ?? 🙂

derek · 30/06/2015 at 10:50

looks close to full premium. who do you have on your bench. important to know with Buddy having a rest.

Gibbo · 30/06/2015 at 10:53

My bench
      Backs- Beasley, Edwardes
      Mids- Mckenzie, Glen, Boston
      Rucks- Downie
      Forwards- Lambert, Steele

Do you think i need to trade out any of my players ? Or are they all keepers ?

Peter · 30/06/2015 at 10:59

I would only hang a question mark over Selwood and Lewis, and maybe T.Mitch now that hes played a poor game. You don't know whats going through Horses head.

derek · 30/06/2015 at 13:25

it would be good if you could swing either Steele or Lambert into the mids, gives you DPP options.

judd0 · 30/06/2015 at 11:55

Looks pretty good mate. I would sit on that team for a few weeks and keep the likes of selwood, Lewis, T mitch and see how they perform.
    If there still spudding up when it comes around to SC finals time make some trades then. You need to save some trades for the carnage that is sure to happen.

Gibbo · 30/06/2015 at 12:37

Thanks guys !!

Sarah · 30/06/2015 at 10:42

I'd be 567 points better off if I hadn't traded Sloane in… plus 2 trades. Not happy. Lesson learnt for next year.

I N Pieman · 30/06/2015 at 11:32

He’s given me the sh*ts as well Sarah. Held him & he’s burnt me again. Held Rocky as well. Expect him to break this week if he plays. Who are you trading Sloane to?

judd0 · 30/06/2015 at 11:52

Feel your pain Sarah. I just got him last week too, not happy.
    I shouldn't complain to much though I did miss most of the carnage at the start of the year luckily.

Mac · 30/06/2015 at 11:10

Is it worth brining in real cheap rookies at this time of year to maximise the cash by the downgrade and get a cheap one with a swing set? If you have some rookies already playing?

derek · 30/06/2015 at 11:15

I am looking at bringing in Payne (Saints) this week for that exact reason. Only $102k and has DPP. I have Motlop as my M9/F7 and if I bring in Payne I can swing him between the lines and also use him as a loophole for the likes of Griffin.

Saints have 7 Sunday games remaining, good for loopholing.

Mac · 30/06/2015 at 11:35

Is Adamson a good option from west coast? I have brought him in purely for the def/mid swing?

JMG · 30/06/2015 at 13:33

I did this last week mate, chopped Dumont. Needed cash and the DPP will help

derek · 30/06/2015 at 13:03

yes. look at getting saints players. they have 7 sunday games. good for loopholes

judd0 · 30/06/2015 at 11:44

Hey community. Got 2 options I'm tossing up between.

Option 1 Luke Parker or Dan Hannebery and Deledio

Option 2 Dayne Beams and Lukey Dalhaus.

I've gone with option 2 at the moment but am unsure. any advice would be appreciated.

Mac · 30/06/2015 at 11:56

Can't go wrong with either options. I have Parker, Beams and Dahl and are all good. Go with your gut. The only thing swaying me to option 1 is better teams and Richmond have a good draw.

Ethan · 30/06/2015 at 12:30

who knows if deledio will re injure his achilles again, if you have a spare trade just incase if he does then go option 1. Option 2 is probably the safer option

@AusSports84 · 30/06/2015 at 12:32

Definitely Deledio for me. Every here I hear "oh his injuries might return, and every week he scores me 120. Hanners or Parker are great kickers too!

Derek · 30/06/2015 at 12:36

I’d go Parker and Dahlhaus

judd0 · 30/06/2015 at 17:08

Thanks guys. Appreciate it.

James · 30/06/2015 at 12:05

Who's the better option for a F7/R3
Gawn or mckernan?

Ethan · 30/06/2015 at 12:29

Gawn will probably average more but is about 150k more expensive, Would go with the value pick of mckernan

judd0 · 30/06/2015 at 17:03

Considering you plan on not taking there scores unless something goes wrong I would go Mckernan for the value.

Jezg · 30/06/2015 at 12:06

Sad to hear the big fellas pulling up stumps. Community must keep fighting the good fight.

Any help to sharpen up my side would be appreciated.

Shaw Higgins Picken newnes simpson smith (hamling beasley)

Fyfe beams pendles selwood Lewis wines cripps (CEY Boston lambert)

Goldy nic nat (read)

Swan gray Goddard bont titch armfield (dale Steele)

10 trades 190k.

Was thinking armfield to gawn. CEY down to non playing rookie for loop and keeping cripps for potential Ablett/rocky trade in the near future. Would like to get smith to d7 at some stage too.

Cheers

Ethan · 30/06/2015 at 12:26

your going to need to find cash asap if you want smith as a D7 but surely finding a suitable f6 instead of armfield would be a better choice

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 30/06/2015 at 12:21

Traded Sloane out earlier in the year when he was injured, then brought him back in for Selwood. Bloody injuries.

Have now gone Sloane to Mundy, which is a bit of a POD. Surprising really considering Mundy’s average. People seem to forget how good he is.

Saving Cripps and Wallis to turn into Ablett and Rocky if they come good.

Ethan · 30/06/2015 at 12:25

i think the factor of having 2 players(assuming you have fyfe) from the same club who play simular positiions can be a worry sometimes.

Derek · 30/06/2015 at 12:33

Beware Ross Lyon

LongJimmy · 30/06/2015 at 12:41

Laird or Ibbotson?

Ethan · 30/06/2015 at 12:51

either are good, but its down to value vs better scores.

judd0 · 30/06/2015 at 17:00

I like Laird over Ibbotson.

r2d2 · 30/06/2015 at 15:00

My team – shaw houli murphy hibberd Yeo smith (Hamling lever ) mids — fyfe Pendles Parker danger wines Lewis Griffen cripps ( d Mckenzie Boston Steele ) rucks — Maric nicnat (read ) fwds— gray dusty goddard swan ziebell Zorko (Krak lambert ) ….. 9 trades left , pretty happy with lineup , but is cripps and griff a Prob ???

derek · 30/06/2015 at 15:19

do you have any cash?

Griffin and Cripps will need to be upgraded. I would watch for a fallen premium and make trade then. Cripps to danger is a bit to far.

I have griffin and will hold for now, but I've got my eye on Hanley, Sidebottom, Rocky, Hodge, Watson, Heppell, Lewis, Gibbs, StevieJ, See who is showing some form and get on at a cheap price.

Tyler · 30/06/2015 at 16:29

JPK is showing some form (At least I hope he is)

r2d2 · 30/06/2015 at 17:19

I only have 58 k Derek

r2d2 · 30/06/2015 at 17:20

Am watching Heppell closely ,, but happy too hold cripps for 2 more weeks at least …..

r2d2 · 30/06/2015 at 17:21

Could snap up jpk now for cripps , but holding onto my 9 trades for now I think could be wise

derek · 30/06/2015 at 17:34

JPK has a BE of only 74. $479k didn't realise he had dropped so much (I had him from start). I would have him over either Griffin of Cripps

Tofor · 30/06/2015 at 17:43

Just when I thought I could cull Griffin… Sloane down.. 1 week after I finally traded him in.
Welcome back Griffin, my trusty old friend.

Dools · 30/06/2015 at 18:00

I hit the Other "Box" Chicko
I'm as flat a tinny of VB on the boat ramp at the launching pad of happiness . Not because I'm doing poorly in comparison to other SC years, but I ' m !, Not that I'm enjoying being in the trenches but having me mates (Jock / Higgo / Tiger) in there with me made me feel it was alright, I will get through this ..with me mates.
The NEWS from the Pod'cast thingy has deflated me so much, even the fridge is not it's usual self…I got a warm beer from the depths yesterday.!
Not trading this week Jock! Why? Is my SC journey over….Maybe? I do not know. But I do know this. You lads , Larrikins, Pirates of the SC world are irreplaceable you have taken something Fun played way to seriously by way to many and made it the test that all people should pass before being allowed to call them selves Dinky Die , True Blue 'Stralians.
I salute you boys, thank you so much for 4 years of FUN,
I'm thinking of having a Wake, Irish style, Anyone out there intrested??? maybe a nominal charge at the door? For the Boys as a monetary thankyou???? Hit me up by replying

Gibbs · 30/06/2015 at 18:03

Who should I get in For Sloane? Looking at Priddas, Hanerbry and armo better options?

Michael Hunt · 30/06/2015 at 19:26

I recon Hannebery is the best value so probably pick him, you could also look at Montagna, Beams or Dangerfield if you don't already have them

Ben Dover · 30/06/2015 at 19:27

Pendlebury as well if you don't have him

tom · 30/06/2015 at 18:45

I have to bring in cover for Stefan Martin via clark as he is suspended for 2 weeks.

should I trade in McKernan or Gawn for Clark?

Wayne Jerr · 30/06/2015 at 19:24

Gawn m8 🙂

hedski · 30/06/2015 at 22:57

you are kidding. Max gawn has a fairy floss melb beard and will trip over his feet in 2 weeks. McKernan is a big dumb pitbull see ball kick goal. BANG.

KJU FC · 30/06/2015 at 18:51

danger or beams?

Jerry Lucas · 30/06/2015 at 19:24

Dangerfield is a bit overpriced but still a better option than Beams but I recommened getting Hannebery if you don't already have him.

KJU FC · 30/06/2015 at 19:29

yeah already have Hannerbery.

why is danger a better option mate? im actually leaning towards beams atm. He seems to be a bit more consistent but still pumping out big scores

JamesCuz · 30/06/2015 at 19:22

I have 10 trades left, I am planning to trade Mcintosh to get in Coloquon (however you spell it). With that I will have 100k left overall (counting 5k leftover from last week). Due to Sloane being injured im planning to upgrade him to get most likely Hannebery. Could anyone please tell me if this is a good idea below thankyou.

KJU FC · 30/06/2015 at 19:36

are you full premo yet? youd be pushing it a bit with your trades if you werent but otherwise it sounds good.

judd0 · 30/06/2015 at 19:58

Looks pretty solid mate. Only thing I would say without looking at your team is if you don't need the bench cover because you already have it I wouldn't trade in Coloqoqoqoqohoun because of his elevated rookie price.
    Even Beasely from Brisbane although he has already played 3 games is still 40k cheaper with a -20 BE, possibly a better option, will probablly score less, but hopefully you don't need his scores at this stage.

Jeff · 30/06/2015 at 19:26

Is anyone holding Sloane or is everyone just trading him?

KJU FC · 30/06/2015 at 19:40

reports are that he will have surgery which means he'll be out for longer than last time (3 weeks).

I think he'll be out for too long so I'll be trading and considering I am already holding rocky its too much for me to hold sloane aswell

Nat Fyfe · 30/06/2015 at 20:26

Hey Community

Thoughts on my team and plan?

6 trades and nothing in the bank

Def: Shaw, Gibbo, Ox, Simpson, Hooker, Smith (Lever, Hamling)

Mid: Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Beams, Wines, Parker, JPK, Hodge (Boston, Lambert, Amon)

Ruc: Goldy, Nic Nat (Cox)

Fwd: Gray, Swan, Martin, Buddy, Goddard, Bont (Steele, Lamb)

Will look to trade in Ablett for Oxley via Hodge when Ablett's price goes down and to get the cash to afford this I will downgrade Lever.

This will leave me with 4 trades for any LTI's and for any luxury upgrades.

Thoughts?

General Soreness · 02/07/2015 at 08:55

Great work as always Chicko, Bob bloody Murphy proving a solid pick, Lek with the early call – nice Lek.