Concrete Booking Agency

TG Footy Tracgic - Dexter

Well, that was a train wreck! Round 12, 2015 – that will go down in history as my worst ever round of SuperCoach.

What a nightmare! Gray (C), TMAC, Lumumba, Thurlow, Simpson, Hamling, Selwood, Lewis, Stretch & Maric all produced sub 80 scores. Throw in the fact I only had 17 onfield… yep – 1514 points and a rank blowout to be now 5000+. Yuck.

Rage trades have ensued. Lumumba is Gone (NEVER AGAIN). Selwood was Gone (bought back in though). Maric I will forgive, (For now). Lewis… (WHAT. THE. *elevator music*…) I’m 50-50 on trading Tmac out, 37 was putrid!

Phew.

/rant over.

Round 13, last bye round, thank *insert curse word here*! Most teams should – haha, well maybe – be approaching full premium status. This week trades should revolve around booting R13 rookies or underperforming “premium” players for the likes of R12 or R11 players.

Plenty of trades so far have revolved around the likes of Sloane, Hodge, Pendles, Smith etc…

Surprisingly, Nick Riewoldt has only 2.27% ownership – as most coaches have the likes of Swan, Gray, Buddy, Martin and/or Bont up forward and have pretty much a full premium forward setup.

For those of you – like our very own Lekdog – that have the testicular fortitude to pick him, Riewoldt has been rewarding in recent times (3 round average of 114.7SC).

Riewoldt is currently averaging 91 SC this season (worth $489,100). He was knocked out very early in the round 7 game vs Adelaide – surprisingly he was on track for 122SC from 100% ToG mind you! If we remove this from the equation; he would be averaging a very healthy 102.5 (worth $550,900).

Looking at Riewoldt’s numbers; his last 3 games’ output has been pretty similar to the previous 3 games (excluding the round 7 KO early in the game). Averaging 14.3 kicks, compared to 13, 18 disposals – 18.3, 72.9% efficiency – 69.7%, 10.6 marks – 10.3 (you get the picture).

Comparing these blocks of 3 games, his notable stat jumps are goal output (9 total, compared to 4), and marks inside 50 (3.3 average per game, compared to 2). These, coupled with the Saints winning against Melbourne and Brisbane give “Roo” his elevated SC scores in this time.

If we look at his average output in wins compared to losses this year (all stats are excluding the game he was KO’ed early in), we see a massive difference in Goal output, clangers, contested possessions and contested marks. The latter three I’d put down to harder opponents & more pressure per possession. Not to forget: 109SC in wins, and 89.5 in losses. See table below:

roo

His stats from 2014 aren’t as easy to read. It’s public knowledge; the Saints were terrible last year. They were on the receiving end of 18 losses, by a total of 1054 points (an average loss of 58.6 points). 8 of those losses were greater than 10 goals.

rpp2

The better news is – the Saints aren’t near as bad this year. Riewoldt managed to average almost 92SC in a laughable St. Kilda outfit in 2014, so in a better Saints team; he has a better chance to average around 100SC (which is what I expect from him).

In saying that, Saints have a moderately hard run home. Their finals are very difficult, with Fremantle, North, Geelong and Sydney respectively (West Coast in the final game). Until finals though; they face the Dogs this week, an underwhelming Essendon, injury hit Giants, Richmond, Melbourne and Port – which are all realistically winnable (depends which Richmond show up!).

In the last few years; Riewoldt has played a more roaming KPF role – similar to buddy – where he runs up the ground and charges into the forward 50 for opportunities at goal. This has allowed him to get the pill more, even when saints are getting hammered.

At $459k (priced to average 85); I have Riewoldt slightly under Buddy as a forward option. Not quite as explosive, but still a very good PoD option. Just ask Lekdog!

What do you think community? Is Riewoldt worth a punt or are you full? We’d love to hear from you!

First Guest · 24/06/2015 at 13:26

Boom!

Patch · 24/06/2015 at 13:33

Love it, Dex. Not for mine, but very tempting for anyone wanting to nab a massive POD.

tom · 24/06/2015 at 13:40

who is the best rookie to bring in?

neal-bullen, kavanagh, beasly?

Tophawk · 24/06/2015 at 20:09

Kavanagh

Youngy · 24/06/2015 at 21:59

Kav

Danners · 25/06/2015 at 10:40

Neal-Bullen if you have 18 this week, heard Melbourne rate him very highly

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 13:42

Love these articles Dex ,, you make a solid case there ! My current fwd line — gray dusty goddard swan ziebell lonie (Krak Steele ) am looking too the 1 final upgrade in next week or so ,, but thinking buddy over Riewoldt ,, or a cheaper option in s Edwards or Zorko ? Thoughts

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 13:56

Thought about Tom Mitchell?

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 14:00

He is another option for me yes ! Cheers , getting on the pricey side now though and I may have missed boat , he at his most exp now I think

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 14:15

He is a ball magnet though Also Sydney’s last 4 rounds consist of magpies gws stk and gcoast. Any tag will go to one of Parker or hannebery you’d think.

Timmmy · 24/06/2015 at 13:44

Not the worst option that's for sure. For me I'm hoping Goddard drops to around 500k and I'll nab him as my last forward.

tom · 24/06/2015 at 13:48

goddard or deledio? or wait for bartel?

papa · 24/06/2015 at 17:10

Lids, if Bartel comes back soon maybe go with him 🙂

BKW · 24/06/2015 at 17:25

I’m liking Bartel after he plays 2 games (round 16?)

Youngy · 24/06/2015 at 22:00

Lids

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 13:49

WTF??

KPF,s.

NFG!!

Just saying….

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 13:56

Buddy does not fit in that mould I don’t think , plays a lot higher ,, Riewoldt nearly fits that mould too , not the worst option , not 1 I will Prob go , but I’m sure Dex has an idea champ

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 13:58

As in buddy And roo are not typical stay at home KPFs……. Just saying

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 14:03

Yeah understand his point but still leaning towards smaller fwds/mids. Safer bet in my opinion. Have one player in mind though that goes against the grain. Max gawn. Is he a fox in Sheeps clothing or the real deal? Gives that Ruck cover that we may need down the track.

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 14:24

Have had this thought myself …. Can we trust him to avg Least 90 from here ?? I not so sure hey ,, would provide handy insurance as r3, I had belch at start for same reason and he hurt me ! Am hesitant on gawn too , but gee he was good against cats and solid week before !

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 14:30

If he scores around the 100 mark in round 14 against nic nat I’m all over him like a hot rash. Until then I’m thinking hold.

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 14:36

Is going too go up another 80k I think ?

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 14:43

Shit. Didn’t factor that in to the equation. 7 of the last 10 teams he plays have no quality rucks with gws last round. To buy or not to buy. That’s gonna be next weeks million dollar question.

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 14:52

If he comes in will have too be next week one would think

Swans2012 · 24/06/2015 at 16:00

I think I’m on, the guy is a giant (208cm only shorter than sandi and wits) and as long as he holds the no1 spot (hasn’t had this in the past) I can see him hitting a good 100 every second or third game. Perfect ruck cover/f7 loopholer. Worst case he goes up another 80 odd and I flip him (with a trade I can’t afford to use)

tom · 24/06/2015 at 14:07

i currently have docherty in my side as I started with him (win).

he isnt doing too bad but is failing to hit the ton, should i trade when I get the chance to a proper premium or do I hold?

Baggyizzle · 24/06/2015 at 14:24

Depends on your side mate,

Baggyizzle · 24/06/2015 at 14:25

He can be a good last backman spot while you concentrate on finishing your side with premos in other spots

BKW · 24/06/2015 at 17:27

No way, hold

Sarah · 24/06/2015 at 14:08

Im passing on Roo.
Should I get Titch or Buddy as my last forward?
Already have Gray, Dusty, BJ, Swan and Dalhaus

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 14:23

Titch for sure. Reckon he’s in for a huge second half of the year.

PDAP · 24/06/2015 at 14:12

I thought that the 'rule of thumb' of Supercoach was NOT to select CHF's or FF's and to concentrate on a forward squad comprising M/F's, with the exception of Buddy, who roams far and wide.

Liam · 24/06/2015 at 14:15

S.Edwards or T.McDonald next week??
If you chose Tmac that means i will have to keep Higgins in my forward line.
Does that matter?
Would love to hear your thoughts cheers

Jackson · 24/06/2015 at 14:38

It would be better to have Higgins as a def, but Tmac could score bettter than Edwards.

Sarah · 24/06/2015 at 14:39

Get Edwards (Rich) , Zorko or Roo

Kinnas · 24/06/2015 at 14:23

watson vs sloane????

Brooke Richards · 24/06/2015 at 14:31

Sloane for sure

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 14:32

Not even a contest. Sloane by the length of the flemington straight. Watson + drug saga = shithouse

mcleal10 · 25/06/2015 at 19:11

I'm gonna say Watson on this.

Brooke Richards · 24/06/2015 at 14:24

Trading out Tarrant,
Who should I bring in out of Buddy, Titch and Lids
My forward line already has Gray, Dalhaus, Swan, Dusty and Goddard

Creeker · 24/06/2015 at 14:27

Yet another rippin write up Dex.
Will be making my final forward upgrade next week and N Roo is on the radar.
Bad luck about the rnd 12 score – very stiff. All the planning we put into the bye rounds and sometimes it just goes pear shaped. Agree with you about Lumumba (gone). Had great pleasure trading him out this week.
Dexter's Lab league still tracking along ok. Was lucky to match up with last week, your one down week.
Looking forward to my rnd 14 match up with old mate Maso !

Ethan · 24/06/2015 at 14:31

would like to get him but his last 7 rounds look ugly

Liam · 24/06/2015 at 14:45

Zorko and parker or JPK and shane edwards?

papa · 24/06/2015 at 16:49

zorko and parker.
    Best their would be…
    1 parker
    2 JPK
    3 Zorko
    4 Shane edwards
    BUT CAUTION! ZORKO IS VERY INCONSISTENT! just look at his 2014 scores… 162, 161, 159, 131, 121, 121 but then also got 46 47, 56, 59, 83, 82

Youngy · 24/06/2015 at 22:06

Zorko and JPK? Parker to much!

General Soreness · 24/06/2015 at 14:48

Great write up Dex, massive plums Lek backing your constitutions to bring him in.

derek · 24/06/2015 at 15:35

I remember two years ago, a number of my opponents had Roo and he posted some massive scores during the Supercoach Finals.

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 17:15

Could it be that he lifts for supercoach finals…..lol

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 15:46

I have held onto lonie and krak … Been rewarded for it ,, but since Steele is one who seems like will play a fair few games , I am going too need too offload one of them in next couple weeks …. Both will play reg games for there clubs from here I would think so need some help too make the choice community ,,, who goes out … Lonie or krak ???????

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 15:47

Need too offload one too complete my fwd line

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 17:16

I think its time to go…Lonie

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 17:31

Before last weekend I'd would've said keep Lonie for rock solid JS but after Krak's last performance he looks to have cemented a spot in the Port team now.

So I'd probably keep Krak as I think he has the potential to average just a little more than Lonie from here, assuming he keeps his spot and of course dodges the snot vest which I believe he will.

Anyway you still have a few more weeks to ponder that one until the Man of Steele is on the bubble.

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 17:38

I got Steele last week … Which I don’t normally do , but he was the exception , needed to get 17 on field

@KingWinter7 · 24/06/2015 at 15:55

Buddy or Mitchell as my last forward option?
Current fwds are Gray, Dusty, Swan, Goddard, Bont

Dean · 24/06/2015 at 19:23

Mitchell by a mile as he will be allot more consistent.

Bogan Pride · 24/06/2015 at 16:13

Who should I bring in for Lumumba, I already have shaw, simpson, newnes and houli as premos

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 16:23

Bob murphy maybe ?? Taylor or Yeo other options

Jezg · 24/06/2015 at 16:24

Highly recommend Picken. Just keeps getting it done.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 17:26

Picken is a very likely in for me this week. Averaging 115 over his last 7 with the lowest score of 89 during that period.

Has graduated from tagger to ball winner under Beveridge and the Doggies have a sensational draw from here as we know.

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 17:42

Good option picken .. Or laird

@KingWinter7 · 24/06/2015 at 16:27

Hodge

papa · 24/06/2015 at 17:13

HODGE!

BKW · 24/06/2015 at 17:30

Hodge or Gibson

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 17:41

Everyone saying hodge is ignoring his price tag atm …. I don’t see him staying that high and is an inj/susp / rest candidate ,, Is value for money options elsewhere which will give you note cash to get better players in other lines , I disagree with the hodge option , but that just me

r2d2 · 24/06/2015 at 17:46

derek · 24/06/2015 at 18:05

Hodge is to expensive now.

There is some value with McGovern if he can get over his injuries. this week off will do him a lot of good. I've got my eye on Him around $400k

I am also considering Yarran as a smokey. Carlton have a really tough draw coming up, so i'll probably pass, but he has a lot of ability and good value at $350k.

brucies pasted jocks · 24/06/2015 at 19:08

hodge too expensive????????? he is averaging the same as a MID!!!!!! so how on earth can he be too expensive???? sorry but in my humble opinion that is a ridiculouys statement. who else averages 110 in DEF???

derek · 24/06/2015 at 16:22

Anyone want to have a guess at the chances of Brooksby getting a game this week?

brook · 24/06/2015 at 21:51

i am thinking of trading him in for TBC … will give me maximum cash and at least the possibility of ruck cover. i dont have the cash to grab anyone better at this stage with my trading plan getting me to full premo by R16 with 5 trades left. I predict GAJ will be around $585k by then and a very tempting final upgrade (hopefully for boston if he plays the next 3 weeks).

Rob · 24/06/2015 at 16:26

I have 510k to spend on a forward.

Who is the best out of these options?

Bont
Zorko
Shane Edwards
Nick Riewoldt
Gawn

Thanks in advance

papa · 24/06/2015 at 17:09

All will score well but the most consisten will probably be shane edwards, but the highest potential (more of a risk) go for Zorko

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 17:39

If you can afford to wait a week or two Goddard could fall within your price range. Has a BE of 132 against the Hawks this week.

Also Boomer is somewhat of a forgotten man in 2015 as he was the second highest scoring forward in the game last season. Has been slow to get his act together (as have the Kangas) but he seems to be rolling now posting 137 last weekend.

North also have one of the best remaining draws for a team pushing for finals.

derek · 24/06/2015 at 18:06

Nice SC. I have Boomer pencilled in to join my team in a couple of weeks time. Kangaroo's draw is insane.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 19:45

I notice JR Brumby FC already has brought in Boomer so he obviously believes he will finish the season with a wet sail too.

I'll probably have an anxious choice between Boomer and Goddard for my last forward spot next week.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 19:45

I notice JR Brumby FC already has already brought in Boomer so he obviously believes he will finish the season with a wet sail too.

The Ranger · 24/06/2015 at 16:33

Thanks Dex.
He's def on my radar with his new role but his finals run is a major concern.

T.J.M · 24/06/2015 at 16:41

Thoughts on my team? 80k in the bank. 13 trades.
Simpson, Shaw, Gibson, Hodge, Newnes, Hamling, Pearce, Lever
Fyfe,JPK, Beams, Selwood, Parker, Treloar, Priddis, Rocky, Steele, McKenzie, Dumont
Goldy, Maric, Read
Gray, Swan, Martin,Franklin, Dahlhaus, Tarrent, Lonie, Goddard

Suggest some trades please!

papa · 24/06/2015 at 17:07

Looks like a solid team
    I would go
    Newnes-Brodie Smith which will be about 208k in the bank
    Tarrant-Zorko, edwards, Bont , Zeibell or Gawn (anyone 498k and under)

papa · 24/06/2015 at 17:08

Maybe Gawn to make a bit of money with the -19 B/E then go up to another more expensive foward

Liam · 24/06/2015 at 17:33

You could trade Lonie to a rookie which should leave about 230k in the bank.
    Then go Tarrant to a forward premo- Edwards is probs your best option.
    Or instead you could go Zorko instead and then trade Lever to B.Smith.
    Hope i helped. And best of luck for the rest of the year

I N Pieman · 24/06/2015 at 17:06

Outstanding as always Dex. Roo is an interesting one. Certainly a POD that can go large. If he was 100k less & DPP id be a lot keener

Skindog · 24/06/2015 at 23:07

ROUGHY!!!!!!!!!

Tyler · 24/06/2015 at 17:17

Community if I have to trade a rookie soon, which one should I trade out first out of dale, lambert, hamling, dmac, boston, a pearce and lever

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 17:47

All are too early to harvest for mine. Lambert is even a chance of coming back this week.

Perhaps D-Mac could go if he can't force his way back into the seniors this week or next.

Tofor · 24/06/2015 at 17:45

Hey guys, I am considering these trades this week.:

Ellis Yolmen -> Sloane
McIntosh -> Brodie Smith
Lumumumbra -> Kavangh

Leaving me 95k.

Next week, I'll be trading out Tarrant and either M Clark or Krakoer.
Probably one down one up. Need a 5th premium forward, possibly Deledio or Dalhaus.
Wouldn't mind another look at Steele before jumping on there.
Also considered Fantasia.
Thoughts? Especially regarding upcoming rookies and their job security

Tofor · 24/06/2015 at 17:46

Still got Griffen floating around too.. will just leave him on the pine this week, need another week to ponder this…
    Pretty much no room for him left in my mids…

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 20:18

I like the CEY > Sloan & McIntosh > Smith trades.

I am not sure about Kavangh, and his JS. Maybe a waist of a trade.

I like the looks of Steele, but no point bringing him in this week.

derek · 24/06/2015 at 17:58

Im trading out Motlop & Griffin, neither play this week and bringing in Parker & Sloane.

This will give me 22 onfield players, but includes Lambert, Lever, McKenzie & Goddard who may not get a game.

Having 18 on field this week, hopefully I can get a decent score and move up the rankings (currently 260th).

Current team:

DEF: Shaw, KK, Simpson, Enright, Newnes, McIntosh (Hamling, Lever)
MIDS: Fyfe, Pendlebury, JPK, Selwood, Priddis, Parker, SMitchell, Sloane (CEY, McKenzie, Steele)
RUC: Goldy, Jacobs (Lucey)
FWDS: Martin, Gray, Dahlhaus, Swan, Goddard, Cloke (Lambert, HGoddard)

12 Trades left & $120k in bank.

Next week I'll fix up my D6 – Thinking about McGovern (DEF/FWD swing set) or Yarran as a smokey.

The following week i'll see how big Travis is going. I have my eye on Boomer Harvey when Kangaroos start there easy run of games (Bris, Carlton, Melb, Saints)

T.J.M · 24/06/2015 at 19:04

Derek didn't you just bring in Motlop?

Youngster · 24/06/2015 at 20:12

Exactly what I was thinking!!

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 20:13

Yes, 2 weeks ago. I thought I could keep him as M9/f7 especially to loophole with Cloke. It seems a luxury. i might yet keep him and trade out CEY instead, will depend on teams this week and if Lever, HGoddard, lam pert or McKenzie getting named.

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 23:06

Makes sense to trade out CEY and keep Motlop

Swans2012 · 25/06/2015 at 08:13

That’s what I’d go with Derek, if you trade him out now it costs a trade and you don’t have the cover that you’ve already spent a trade to get! As long as it still means you field enough players this week, Ive got similar problems….

derek · 25/06/2015 at 10:09

it does look a lot better keeping Motlop instead of CEY. Just hoping to have 18 players on field this week.

billy · 24/06/2015 at 18:06

have 560k to get a mid who to get??
my mids are- Fyfe, Priddis, Pendles, Heppell, Parker, Montagna, B.Ellis

Marcus · 24/06/2015 at 21:28

Sloane

@Rem_Wah · 25/06/2015 at 10:19

Sloane is the obvious one IMO

jonah · 24/06/2015 at 18:55

is Marc Murphy a Good POD averaging 99 and 3 round average of 116, carlton have a soft draw coming up thoughts community

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 20:04

I wouldn’t say Carlton’s draw is easy

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 20:04

I bought him in last week, I think he and the blues will finish the season off pretty well. Clearly he wasnt playing for Mick.

Tyler · 24/06/2015 at 20:52

Either way he's a good player, obviously not a very popular pick but produces the goods

Danners · 25/06/2015 at 10:39

A good POD, new coach, could play better

Stevo · 24/06/2015 at 18:56

Basically got the same question as Billy ^

Regardless of their byes, who is the best premo mid (pick 2) Ive narrowed it down to:

Parker

Hannebery

Pendlebury

Priddis

Ward

Sloane

Armitage

Brooke Richards · 24/06/2015 at 18:58

Priddis and Pendels, but Sloane for value

T.J.M · 24/06/2015 at 19:04

Priddis and Parker

Tophawk · 24/06/2015 at 20:01

Parker and Sloane. Priddis close behind with Blicavs one to seriously look at.

Cheers

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 20:02

I'd go Pendles & Hanneberry or Priddis

Brooke Richards · 24/06/2015 at 18:58

Thoughts on Matthew Pavlich as a nice POD?

hedski · 24/06/2015 at 19:10

Restin rossy come sc finals?

Brooke Richards · 24/06/2015 at 19:18

true…

Tophawk · 24/06/2015 at 20:08

No. He is cheap but he is old. There are much better POD forwards IMO. For a similar price, you can grab a young Jake Stringer from the bulldogs. Most SC players have Dahlhouse.

Cheers

Tyler · 25/06/2015 at 07:10

Nope my mate picked him up instead of Saint Nick and boy that was a bad decision.

Liam · 24/06/2015 at 19:04

Thinking of bringing in Colquhoun.
What's his job security like?

Stevo · 24/06/2015 at 19:22

Very good

Harry · 24/06/2015 at 19:26

Lots of injuries and Ken loves him so very good JS

T.J.M · 24/06/2015 at 19:05

Who are some players that will provide good bench cover?

Stevo · 24/06/2015 at 19:21

Fantasia, Kavanagh, Edwards

T.J.M · 24/06/2015 at 19:33

I was sort of thinking along the lines of Zorko/Wallis but thanks for your input!

Stevo · 24/06/2015 at 19:47

Oohh non rookies. Yep Wallis, Cripps as well as a keeper at M9/10

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 19:59

Saad & Newnes if you still have them. Brodie Smith at his price may let you carry a 7 man defense.

I went Motlop to cover the fwd & mid lines, and picture him as a F7, D9 type once I fill the last forward upgrade.

Adam · 24/06/2015 at 19:32

Who do we like ?

Rioli

Roughy

Roo

Zorko

Stevo · 24/06/2015 at 19:53

Roo- have you read the actual article above? Good stuff

Adam · 24/06/2015 at 19:55

Yeah sure did im nearly there, just putting the feelers out to get me over the line

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 19:56

I still think Rioli is worth a punt on. He is in exceptional form this season, and I have a feeling the Hawks could have a dominant 2nd half of the season.

Adam · 24/06/2015 at 20:39

Yeah im sorts leaning towards rioli for the hawk factor, tough choice for my last fwd

Caz · 24/06/2015 at 19:34

Picken or houli community just not sure thnx

Adam · 24/06/2015 at 19:42

I got houli last week

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 19:54

Houli

Phil · 24/06/2015 at 20:26

Picken

Millsy · 24/06/2015 at 20:58

Same question I am asking myself this week

Marcus · 24/06/2015 at 21:08

Gawn, motlop or devon smith. Only got 430k.

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 21:30

If you have enough trades to do a further upgrade in the forward line in 3-4 weeks, I would select Gawn as his value will rise significantly and his point may be good.

If this is the last upgrade I would select Motlop, also DPP.

Marcus · 24/06/2015 at 21:43

My current fwd line is titch, goddard, bont, dusty, tarrant and swan. I would go zorko becuase he doesnt have a bye but hes too inconsistent. Might go motlop.

Danners · 25/06/2015 at 10:38

Agree with Donavan, I don't see Gawn as a keeper but he could get a big of cash to trade to a top forward

Marcus · 25/06/2015 at 14:13

Good point, i will go gawn. If he does bad i will trade him out later. It may be a waste of a trade but id rather deledio to motlop later in the season.

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 22:52

Out of that lot I would go Motlop. He has a bye this week.

He has been getting plenty of midfield time, and when he is not being lazy, he is quite a good footballer. Selwood gets all the attention now, with Kelly and Vartel out, cats relying on Motlop to get some kicks

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 21:09

What to do with Bailey Dale?

Stevo · 24/06/2015 at 21:42

Keep, still cheap. Only vests keep his score down

Connor · 24/06/2015 at 21:19

When is LekDog’s “Mo’ SuperCoach News” coming this week?

Also, does anyone know the names of Jock, Higgo and Crouching One teams?

Kev · 25/06/2015 at 09:17

Lek is still MIA after the blues knocked off Port last week. Should we be organising a search party for him?

dannyyboyy · 24/06/2015 at 21:21

need a mid and a fwd. who out of hannebery and parker, and buddy and dalhaus?

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 21:28

Id go for Hanneberry & Buddy. Just think the doggies will fade in the 2nd half.

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 22:47

I’ve actually just brought in Dahlhaus and Parker. Not sure if that helps.

Jackybluch · 24/06/2015 at 21:32

How long is Grundy out for . Should i Trade?

Youngy · 24/06/2015 at 22:10

Yes trade

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 22:32

Another 1-2 weeks as per the AFL injury list.

I'd probably move him on as you really want both your rucks spot averaging at least 100 and although he started the season strong he dropped away well before he got injured.

Jacobs looks a great buy at $520K or you could roll the dice on the Gawnster but frankly there are at least half a dozen rucks one would take over Grundy so take your pick.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 22:32

Another 1-2 weeks as per the AFL injury list.

Jacobs looks a great buy at $520K or you could roll the dice on the Gawnster but frankly there are at least half a dozen rucks most coaches would take over Grundy so take your pick. I have Goldy and Blitz and very satisfied with that Combo.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 22:32

Another 1-2 weeks as per the AFL injury list.

I'd probably move him on as you really want both your ruck spots averaging at least 100 and although he started the season strong he dropped away well before he got injured.

Jacobs looks a great buy at $520K or you could roll the dice on the Gawnster but frankly there are at least half a dozen rucks most coaches would take over Grundy so take your pick. I have Goldy and Blitz and very satisfied with that tandem.

Brook · 24/06/2015 at 21:37

Need a ruck/def premo combo over the next two weeks. The options are:
* Martin/Enright – 213avg, 78% of scores are 90+ (v. 63%) – solid
* Jacobs/Hodge – 211avg, 53% of scores are 100+ (v. 43%) – goes big
Leaning toward first option for consistency, but would welcome others thoughts. Cheers

Danners · 25/06/2015 at 10:37

Jacobs and Hodge

ThebigD · 24/06/2015 at 21:45

Excellent article
PODs are becoming even more relevant this season with premiums even tighter than ever
Love that you continue to look outside the square. Most teams would now have 6 of the 8 recognized premium forwards and mids are probably 8 of the recognized 10.
Backs are a mystery and bench cover seems where the rotating PODs will come from.
As stated, one article I look forward to every week

Emma · 24/06/2015 at 21:47

What are people's thoughts on Taylor Walker, should I upgrade to someone like Goddard/Deledio or keep him?

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 22:20

I don't see Tex as a keeper. In fact very few KPPs end up being Supercoach relevant.

Perhaps keep him another week with the Crows playing the Lions this week and then look to pick up Goddard next week who will likely drop in price with a 132 BE against the Hawks this weekend or maybe even Boomer who looks great value right now.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 22:20

I don't see Tex as a keeper.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 22:20

I don't see Tex as a keeper Emma. He will bust out the odd monster score but there will just be too many weeks where he disappoints with Supercoach mediocrity.

SCaddict · 24/06/2015 at 22:20

I don't see Tex as a keeper Emma. He will bust out the odd monster score but there will just be too many games where he will disappoint with Supercoach mediocrity.

Perhaps keep him another game with the Crows playing the struggling Lions and then look to pick up Goddard next week who will likely drop in price with a 132 BE against the Hawks this weekend.

Boomer is another you could consider who looks tremendous value right now.

Youngy · 25/06/2015 at 09:12

To add to Boomer's appeal he has his 400th game in 4 games. Could go BIG!

ThebigD · 24/06/2015 at 21:52

Have a look at you league competition if that’s what your playing for.

Adelaides finals run may be enough to convince you to hold your POD….

Youngy · 24/06/2015 at 22:09

Upgrade to Goddard?

Depends how many trades you have.

Dean · 24/06/2015 at 22:09

By the end of round 14 my team should be as follows but only leaving me 5 trades left:

Defence:- Hodge, Shaw Houli, Simpson, Saad, Smith (Pearce, Hamling)
Midfield:- Fyfe, Dangerfield, Priddis, Pendles, Beams, JPK, Parker, Sloane (Boston, Steele, Stretch)
Ruck:- Goldy, Blicavs (Read)
Forward:- Martin, Gray, Dahlhaus, Swan, Goddard, Edwards (Lambert, Dale)

I'm happy with the team but not happy about having only 5 trades left over for 9 rounds of footy.

Dee · 24/06/2015 at 22:40

Nice…

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 22:41

Team looks good. Any cash?

Tophawk · 24/06/2015 at 22:49

Your lack of trades left could cause a serious "Achilles injury" later in the season. Good side mind you. A very good side. IMO

Ride your luck from here. If your side holds up from here without injury, and suspensions, you are in the game.

With only 5 trades left, I would now sit tight for 3-4 rounds. (despite weekly trade temptation)

Cheers

Donavan · 24/06/2015 at 22:51

Love the midfield, just about a perfect mix of scoring and cash generation (on the bench).

Bailey · 24/06/2015 at 22:44

*******ATTENTION*********

Josh Glenn update:

Skindog · 24/06/2015 at 23:09

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

derek · 25/06/2015 at 10:07

lol

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 23:02

I was thinking the same thing. Decided to keep Motlop as my M9/F7 security, smith at D7 is very tempting.

I’ve also had a look at the draw. Saints have 7 Sunday games to go, mcKenzie and HGoddard who are both in my team, could make very nice non playing loopholes

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 23:17

Fyfe could set a world record this week for the most number of people having him as VC

Youngy · 25/06/2015 at 09:09

Most likely

John · 24/06/2015 at 23:19

Nice POD in Riewoldt, but im looking at boomer, goddard or Titch as my last Forward, but just not sure which one yet, thoughts?

And just another question, are lever and hamling good options for bench cover for the remainder of the year?
Was going to hold Brown all year but can go full premo this week if i trade him out instead of lever,
maybe later on i will be able to upgrade one of them to a decent D6/7 depending on trades and injuries.

Thanks

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 23:24

Lever is a really good player. Big wraps at Adelaide

John · 24/06/2015 at 23:33

Thanks mate, actually helps out alot!
      but who makes way for him in the adelaide backline?

Derek · 24/06/2015 at 23:49

I doubt he will play this week though

John · 24/06/2015 at 23:31

If it helps this is my team is before trades this week, some poor preforming mids, who i think i should back in at this stage and see how injuries play out, see if i can upgrade later.

10 Trades and 470k in the bank
    DEF: Shaw, Houli, Newnes, Simpson, Hibberd, Hamling (Brown, Lever)
    MID: Fyfe, Priddis, Pendlebury, Selwood, Kennedy, Lewis, Wallis, Mckenzie (Neal-Bullen, Glenn, Lambert)
    RUCK: Goldstien, Martin (Read)
    FWD: Gray, Martin, Dahlhaus, Swan, Franklin, Tarrant (Lonie, Clark)

any help is appreciated

Kev · 25/06/2015 at 09:13

Brown is doing his job, not a bad D7 and you know his js is solid. Being at full premo after the byes is a good place to be

hedski · 25/06/2015 at 00:00

Gibson Rance Smith (Hamling)
Taylor Docherty Saad (m) (Lever)

Danger Pendles Mundy Parker (Boston)
Shiel Sloane Neale Jelwood (Maynard (d))
(R.Sprobe)

Goldy Stef (Cox (f))

Gray(m) Dusty(m) Swanny(m) (Lambert (m))
Goddard (m) Mitchell (m) Bont (m) (Steele(m))

THE PLAN.
Hold tight for a couple of weeks then cuz of corey (rck/fwd) in for Boston/Lever/Hamling via Lambert/Steele/Maynard opening mid/fwd gate again and R3/F7 cover.
Endgame 3 or 4 weeks Saad/Hamling/Lever/Boston to
Shaw/Picken/Hodge/Yeo?

Couple hail mary trades after that. (If lucky)
Yeah no Fyfe sorry.

Whadda ya reckon community?

hedski · 25/06/2015 at 00:22

Derek?

hedski · 25/06/2015 at 08:10

Sry derek few sherbs last nite not sure why I was askin for ya!

derek · 25/06/2015 at 09:39

no probs. I'm loving the R Sprobe pick in the guts….who is he again?

hedski · 25/06/2015 at 10:29

J glenn. Reportedly abducted by aliens

Tyler · 25/06/2015 at 07:20

When you realise that your whole fwd line is dpp

Anyway the plan looks good, just don't limit yourself to those options only, as you can't predict if something will happen to them. For example, hodge might get rested, shaw might get suspended, yeo might run out of form, etc

hedski · 25/06/2015 at 08:06

Cheers tyler. Plan to open mid/fwd swing. Pretty rough ideas not real sure on mckern and will prob get 3 injuries this week!

tom · 25/06/2015 at 07:36

what downgrade should i do?

lever to beasly

mckenzie to kavanagh

mckenzie to neal-bullen??

Kev · 25/06/2015 at 09:10

Still money to make from both (Lever -6 b.e, DMac 13 b.e) so wait for teams tonight. If you need the numbers on the field this week, ANB has his bye. I like Kav but you won't make heaps of cash from the trade

derek · 25/06/2015 at 09:42

Lever probably won't get named tonight, they will play him in the seconds, but he will be back the next week. He is a very good player, highly rated, should have been a much higher draft pick than he was but had an injury year prior to the draft, should have been a first round pick. Plenty of cash to be made but importantly can score ok as bench cover for the rest of the year.

McKenzie might not be good enough to play much more this year

John · 25/06/2015 at 08:00

Picken / houli or Simpson to finish my defence?

Liam · 25/06/2015 at 08:23

simpson

Swans2012 · 25/06/2015 at 08:14

Gawn for mine, most upside and cover for our notoriously fickle rucks

Kev · 25/06/2015 at 09:05

I'm really torn over him, Swans2012. I said the same thing about Blicavs in round 3, refused to get him in, hadn't done it before etc. Look what happened with that! Supercoach wisdom has flown out the window this year.

I'm upgrading Tarrant this week and if Gawn didn't have his bye I'd probably cave and grab him.

Swans2012 · 25/06/2015 at 11:45

Yep, I don’t think I can resist him, he’s a proven goal kicker in the Vfl (and mark taker) and a giant of a man, body is right finally, right age to step up as a first ruck. I dunno, could be wrong but I think I’m bringing him in next week

Rick Grimes · 25/06/2015 at 13:39

I'm doing the same. At worst he'll be my F6, but hopefully I'll hold him as F7 and loophole the bejesus out of him.

Luke · 25/06/2015 at 08:23

Luke parker yes or no?

Youngy · 25/06/2015 at 08:44

To expensive

Luke · 25/06/2015 at 08:51

Is he worth it?

Youngy · 25/06/2015 at 09:06

I reckon there are better options out there such as JPK, Hodge, Heppel or Cotch. which are around the some price range.

I feel that Parker get's talked up a lot better than he is, but I could be wrong

derek · 25/06/2015 at 10:06

I have been suffering from Luke Parker Envy for the past month. I went Selwood instead of parker and have watched parker average 117 (including a 60 in Round 9) since I didn't get him.

He will be in my team this week.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 25/06/2015 at 14:18

Been in mine from the get go started slow but recently rewarding and justifying why I started him. GUN.

carlashirley90 · 25/06/2015 at 08:32

Surprised no one is mentioning Pav he is super cheap right now $354,300 projected to score 60 with BE of 96. Will look at him Friday night against Collingwood.
Is set to drip a little more cash and looks very tasty for me to bring in my team so I can use Zorko to cover F7 and M9

He can avg 90-95 for the rest of the season I call that a huge win

@AusSports84 · 25/06/2015 at 09:35

Stay clear of the Pav! I traded him out last week for Lids and it was a god send. I couldn't even justify keeping him at F7 he is going that poorly. Look elsewhere coaches.

derek · 25/06/2015 at 09:44

you mentioned him 😉

no-one at all is talking about Travis Cloke!

Youngy · 25/06/2015 at 09:09

Top 6 Fwds from here on out??

My guess Dusty, Gray, Swan, Goddard, Buddy and Lids

nathan · 25/06/2015 at 09:25

Lets hope so
    I have the first five on your list

derek · 25/06/2015 at 09:32

Boomer won't be far away. Kangaroos draw screams big points for Boomer.

mcleal10 · 25/06/2015 at 19:15

I'm gonna say
    Dusty, Gray, Dahlhaus, Titch, Goddard and Lids. Have a feeling Buddy will just miss out, and Swan might get injured. I'm a professional forecaster.

nathan · 25/06/2015 at 09:25

Hey community

my side is set now

A couple of players on the outer atm

Ryder as a fwd and selwood

Both killing me

I dont think selwood will lift, no cover for him right now maybe when Bartel and duncan come back his scores will increase but currently killing me

And ryder was only bought in for the ruck back up but hasnt played for 6 weeks

Should i take gawn as cover to my rucks which are jacobs and nic nat

Or another fwd?

derek · 25/06/2015 at 09:54

As a Hawks fan, I do enjoy seeing the cats get beat, but also understand what a gun player Selwood is. Did you know that the Hawks had Pick number 6 in the 2006 draft (Selwood went to Geelong with pick #7). The hawks decided to take Mitch Thorp with #6 pick…..

nathan · 25/06/2015 at 10:17

Hahha yeah i did know that and i know hes a gun
      But only 4 100s out of 12 games and a loss of 200k ive had him from the start is hurting my outpuy and loseing leagur games
      Im looking at bringing in pendles for him

Rick Grimes · 25/06/2015 at 13:43

I'm sticking with Jelwood. He'll be last out if at all. I hung in with NicNat and got the reward, just gotta hope….nay pray….that he and the Cats can sort themselves out over the next week.

T.J.M · 25/06/2015 at 09:37

Is Tarrent and Lonie to Mitchell and Lambert good trades?

mcleal10 · 25/06/2015 at 19:15

Yes. Look at goddard and lids if you can afford them.

Bill · 25/06/2015 at 09:50

Should I get in smith this week or wait until he gets a half decent score

derek · 25/06/2015 at 09:59

He is very cheap and a good option if you are short on cash. I'm thinking he will be a good D7 option, but is far from a premium on current form. A lot of people will be getting Smith into their team at this price, so if he doesn't perform everyone else will be in the same position.

I have had my eye on McGovern all year, but he always seems to be carrying an injury. I'm hoping this weeks rest will be good for him and if he looks injury free, he'll be in my team very soon. Yarran is my cheap smokey option.

nathan · 25/06/2015 at 10:19

Smith still had a bit of the ball last week
    Just butchered it
    I have him as my d6

cooky · 25/06/2015 at 10:02

Thoughts on Montagna as a POD?

Danners · 25/06/2015 at 10:35

He would be good, but you are paying a bit too much, Ellis, B.Crouch (when he comes back, maybe this week), Neale, there are heaps of others that are cheaper

Supercoach is Life · 25/06/2015 at 10:15

Hey Community

After my trades this round my team looks like this

I have 7 trades left and 116K in the bank

Team

Shaw, Hooker, Simpson, Gibson, Smith, Ox (Lever, Hamling)

Fyfe, Pendles, Danger, Beams, Wines, Sloane, JPK, Hodge (Steele, Amon, Boston)

Goldy, Nic Nat (Cox)

Gray, Swan, Martin, Buddy, Goddard, Bont (Lambert, Lamb)

Plan

I will wait until Ablett's price goes down and then I will trade in Ablett for Lever and switch Hodge back to the backline. I will also downgrade someone so I can afford Ablett but for now I will leave my team as it is.

Thoughts on my team and plan?

Nick · 25/06/2015 at 10:19

Who to get out of Simpson and Houli?

Danners · 25/06/2015 at 10:34

Simpson, a more consistent scorer

I N Pieman · 25/06/2015 at 10:46

Both good options. Tigers will probably win more games so I'd lean towards Houli.

Youngy · 25/06/2015 at 17:53

Simpson! Houli to unconsistent.

Bailey · 25/06/2015 at 10:21

Thoughts on trades????
Griffen to Pendles
McIntosh to Edwards
Tarrant to Sloane

I N Pieman · 25/06/2015 at 10:45

If Kmac is on your pine they are very nice trades.

@AusSports84 · 25/06/2015 at 12:00

Top shelf trades.

@AusSports84 · 25/06/2015 at 12:07

N Roo is a POD I'd steer clear of. The Saints draw gets much tougher from here and I think he's a player we need to enjoy at this stage of his career, as opposed to abusing him when he fails in our sides.
My FWD line is complete (Gray Swan Martin Goddard Mitchell Deledio) with Krak and Steele DPP'ing. Looking for the DPP with McGovern & Higgins to finish it off as I have Missy in the backline.
Some advice I picked up from John Bruyn…. great source 😉

tom · 25/06/2015 at 12:31

what is neal-bullens job security like?

is it worth bringing him in?

mcleal10 · 25/06/2015 at 19:16

highly rated player. Could be kept in the team if he plays well this week.

tom · 25/06/2015 at 12:35

kavanagh or neal-bullen?

Guest · 25/06/2015 at 13:17

Pendlebury or Deledio (DPP) for Selwood?

Rick Grimes · 25/06/2015 at 13:37

Why you ditching Jelwood? He's spudded it up before and always come home with a wet sail. If you have him, I think you have to ride it out.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 25/06/2015 at 14:24

Rode it out long enough don’t think he will punch out the old scores as getting sat in each week and had to do all the Grunt work with no help. Going straight swap to either Sloane or JPK. Leaning towards Sloane

nathan · 25/06/2015 at 14:38

I agree needs go
        Im leaning towards pendles

TRIGGER HAPPY · 25/06/2015 at 15:09

Got pendles so welcome Sloanedog.

derek · 25/06/2015 at 17:21

you need to find the footage of Selwoods goal in the last quarter of the game against Melbourne. He cleared it from the centre bounce and goaled on the run from 60 metres. Watch that and then ask yourself if you should keep him or not. He is a dead set gun, trying his heart out to carry the cats over the line. (im actually a Hawks fan, and enjoy nothing more than seeing the cats get beat)

Tofor · 25/06/2015 at 18:11

Agreed. Also a huge Hawks fan and not a huge cats fan, but Selwood is still a gun..
      Gotta hold.

Youngy · 25/06/2015 at 17:56

Agree with Rick and Derek you SHOULDN'T be getting rid of Selwood if you have him he has shown before that he can come home with a wet sail and I don't see why he can't do it again