Patch - Supercoach Panic Room Master

This was supposed to be the calm before the storm. Oh no. Not at all. The byes are looming before us, yet as the cold fronts sink in, the wind still keeps kicking dirt into our eyes. Rockliff is gone, sucked into that vicious fire tornado from Mad Max.

The Bont is gone blown away in the wind. Watson, gone. The rookies are being slashed. Clark. Dan McKenzie. Jake Lever. The #KrakIsBack, but back to the rookie list. What’s worse, Jock has been hit not only with the loss of Rockliff, Krakouer and co., but also with Influenza. Get well soon mate!

Oh it’s horrific. Let’s get into it and rip it off like a band-aid.

THE NEWS

Tom Rockliff is gone for 4-6. While they said that last time and he was back in 3, I have a sneaking suspicion the Lions will ensure he’s fully recovered before throwing him back out there. Do we trade? It looks like we might have to. The Byes are coming, and there is a strictly ‘no passengers’ ruling. However, we can hold for a week and reassess his injury, reassess the byes and reassess our place in the universe before moving him on next week. Also missing from Brisbane this week are Jed Adcock, Claye Beams and James Aish.

Rory Sloane is back. Thank god.

Everyone’s favourite mid-priced breakout kid, Marcus Bontempelli, misses this week with an adductor. As with every week, you’re in for the long haul. Hold him.

Hyped rookies Hugh Goddard (STK) and Jack Steele (GWS) have both been selected on extended benches. I hate extended benches, because we don’t know if they’ll play. I’d say both are a high chance to play, but I wouldn’t trade them in until I knew.

To counter that, Jake Lever, Dan McKenzie and Nathan Krakouer will miss. The first two have an rolled ankle and concussion respectively and should be back next week, while Krakouer is back on the rookie list. This means he can’t play unless Port upgrades him after round 12. On the bright side, he won’t lose cash. Mitch Clark has also done a calf, and will miss this week and possibly the next. Josh Glenn will return through the seconds, but should be back next week.

Adam Oxley has been named on an extended bench with significant competition for sports. Maynard, Kennedy, Broomhead (who scored 193 SC in the VFL last week) and Sam Dwyer are competing for very similar roles. I feel he will be dropped after last week’s performance.

The Carlton Football Club have their team back, with Judd, Murphy and Kreuzer all named. On the flipside, Gold Coast are even weaker this week as Matt Shaw and crucially Harley Bennell are out of their side this week, on top of their suspensions of Charlie Dixon and Jack Martin, who also has a hamstring injury.

Jobe Watson will miss a week or two, as will Dustin Fletcher for anyone who has him in a draft side (like myself).

Rumours swirling that Jordan Lewis is still in doubt, as is Andrew Swallow. There’s not likely to be confirmation on these two until 40 minutes before the bounce of their respective games. Being Sunday games will help them, but hanging like

For anyone who jumped on Taylor Adams as a mid-priced option, he misses with a toe injury this week.

THE PATCH-UP

There are holes all over the place in our Supercoach teams this week, and all holes need filling. This week I’m going to poke a stick at three guys I think are value and could fix some holes in your side.

Ollie Wines: this is as cheap as we’ll see him for the rest of the year. Take out his injury-impacted 76 – his lowest score for the year – and Wines is averaging 114.5. At $514’500, this is a lot of value. Referring back to the Jock Reynolds Preseason Magazine, Wines was identified as the Next Supercoach Beast, with his stats only marginally behind Nat Fyfe in Fyfe’s second year. Wines is in a strong squad, is incredibly durable (these 6 games are the only ones he’s missed in his career) and plays the type of game we Supercoaches love. Also has the round 13 bye.

Leigh Montagna has been written up extremely nice by Dex here. He’s averaging 114 from 4 games, having just come back from injury. At this stage, I am trading him in as a POD – only 0.9% of teams own him, and importantly for a Saints player, he averages more in losses than in wins. 3rd in line for the tag, too.

A mid-priced option to have burst out of the blocks in recent weeks is Mitch Wallis. Had an average of 87 in 2012 but since then he’s been in and out of the Bulldog’s side, playing as a tagger, a midfielder, spending time back and forward. It’s only now with Libba down that he’s stepped up in their midfield – but as a tagger. Averaging 89, but that goes to 104 when you remove the game against Hawthorn where he was taken off at half time unable to lean over. Contested ball magnet, but has been used as a tagger. His last three scores are 49, 115 and 153. Wallis would not be a keeper. I’d expect him to average 90-95 for the rest of the year, but with a BE of -42, he plays Port, BYE, Lions, Saints, Blues, Suns, Cats over the next few. (Shout out to Rhys on Twitter for mentioning that).

TRADING PLACES

Eddie Murphy’s

A lot of first gamers have breakevens above -50, but Robinson, Hamling, Boston, Glenn and Brooks by won’t have price rises until next week.

-42 Mitch Wallis
-19 Trent Dumont
-14 Connor Menadue
-6 Liam Duggan
5 Aaron vandenBerg
16 Jesse Hogan
21 Nic Naitanui

Dan Akyroyd’s

I’ve deliberately listed a lot of round 11 Dan Akyroyds who will drop in price this week, leaving us able to snaffle them after their bye. Delectable.

166 Eddie Betts
164 Jarryd Roughead
162 Rory Sloane
159 Josh P Kennedy
150 Bachar Houli
142 Shane Mumford
128 Brodie Smith

THE ROOKIE RUMBLE

Rookies are really starting to feel the strain this year after they more than pulled their own weight at the start of the season. We will be saying sad goodbyes to some of them in recent weeks. As mentioned in the news, Clark, Krakouer, McKenzie and Lever are all off the cards this week. Luckily, most of us only have one or two slots for rookies onfield now, with the top teams only 4 spots away from full premium. On the bright side, lots of them are community teams! Travis from the JR qualifier group is sitting at #4, while General Soreness is in 19th place and ready to hit the byes hard and climb up the rankings. Go guys!

Defence

Kamdyn McIntosh has been named on a wing, and you’d feel positive after last week if they weren’t playing Fremantle. Loop him if possible. Following last week’s effort, Adam Oxley looks in danger of the chop, especially with “Sweeper” Broomhead scoring 193 in the VFL last week, and if he does play he is screaming SNOT VEST.

Saad
McIntosh
Hamling
Brown
Oxley
Clurey

Midfield

A lot of these guys will no longer be in many teams, but will be listed anyway. We’re all going through stages of culling and cutting and we do it at different speeds. Miller is now the number two mid at Gold Coast behind Rischetelli. Who would have thought it in round three when Miller had scored two 30s? Boston gets up the list simply because of how depleted Gold Coast are. Zac O’Brien named on the ball for the Lions which is encouraging.

Cripps
Cam-Ellis Yolman
Duggan
Miller
Boston
O’Brien

Rucks

Irrelevant. Peter Wright comes into the Gold Coats side to match Keegan Brooksby, but we shouldn’t be trading into them at this stage.

Forward

This is where the carnage really hits home. No Clark, no Krakouer, no Salem and Bailey Dale isn’t doing much. Hulk Hogan the only real shining light down there this week. As mentioned, Steele a sub risk.

Hogan
Lonie
Dale
Steele
um… and that’s about it…

It’s a cruel game, community. Shout out to Lekdog for exploring the new frontier by doing a Periscope last night during team reveals. If you’re on the twitters, head over to @Lekblog and try and follow the links in tweets. Absolute champ. As well as sending out well-wishes to Jock, I’m also hoping Chicko finds some wisdom overseas during his travels.

Good luck this weekend community. I feel we’ll need it.

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 14:15

Great write up patch. Hope your up and about soon jock. Am sweating on maynard getting a gig to avoid a donut down back and dumont also to avoid one in the guts. Am still tossing up between him and amon any thoughts? Cheers

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 14:25

Have had maynard on bench all year usefule loophole swapper and thought he might get a run at some stage

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 14:33

Both in very similar positions. I'd have to say Dumont, who made the best point-per minute debut ever. Like his game style and Amon seems to struggle for points.

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 14:38

Yeah have him locked at moment waiting for green light. Not to worried if he sub reckon roos need someone like him they are struggling

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 14:16

Great summary of what we face heading into this weekend, as always Patch. Are you personally planning any trades this week or holding til the byes?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 14:35

I still need to have another look at my trades now Clark was confirmed as out. I will need to trade this week, and will probably trade twice. Really, really like Montagna and am trying to slot him in, too, but I need 3 trades for that. Will get back to you SC Addict! What about you?

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 14:47

I'm going to make perhaps a bold call and trade out Rocky for Wallis and then cull the Ox and bring in Simmo. I reckon Wallis will make a cheap but very decent M9 or possibly even M8 depending on how he goes in the 2nd half of the season.

If Rocky comes back earlier than the 4-6 weeks prognosis it could prove to be a misstep but even then he'll probably still be sore and not yet belting out those 150s we know he can deliver when fully fit and healthy.

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 11:55

Nice call, mate. I've just gone KK-Wallis and Rocky-Goddard. Toyed with Franklin but need the rolled gold up forward. Wish I'd got onto it earlier and might have nabbed Dusty before his 140!

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 12:19

Sounds great Patch. BJ should give you elite forward output for the rest of the season. Unfortunately I don't have that kind of coin to bring him in myself so will have to settle on an upgrade up back with Simpson instead.

medadsson · 05/06/2015 at 14:19

Add Bennell to the gone list. A perfect storm is brewing!!!

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 14:50

Yeah we haven't even had any late outs, vests or fresh injuries to deal with yet. It could end up being an ultra punishing round for many.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:35

Agreed, Wouldn't be surprised if some copped a donut.

Poloko48 · 05/06/2015 at 18:13

If I don't trade this week I will have 4 donuts…

PD · 05/06/2015 at 14:19

Looking to off Clark & Oxley

Bringing in Hodge & either one of Steele/Boston
(Depending on making final teams)

Goes against all rules but need to do this or something similar to field a team

Any other ideas appreciated

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 14:38

Like the Hodge call. I'd go Boston simply because he's played, but Steele will probably come in anyway.

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 14:41

I’m looking krak t steele next week or two

Mike · 08/06/2015 at 11:56

He’ll continue to find it hard to get into the team. I hope he doesn’t to be honest. Will be a good option next year if/when GWS lose a couple of mids to free agency.

Flaccid Jaff · 05/06/2015 at 15:59

Can you wait till pre-rd12 to trade Oxley for Hodge when Ox is about to have a bye and Hodge has already had his? I'm pretty sure Oxley will stay in the team and do well

HallOfFamer · 05/06/2015 at 14:28

Robinson or Dumont?

Marty · 05/06/2015 at 15:37

Good question. I'm thinking the same. Dumont has same average with his sub games removed. Should hold spot in Nths side longer than Robinson is my thinking. Need Dumont to play next three games to his bye essentially and he's done his job.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:33

Dumont although it depends on your structures.

Abraxas · 05/06/2015 at 14:29

With Bont, Bennel and Clark out i'm facing a week with a Donut down forward. Not looking good but i should still win my league match. Thinking of bringing in Boston and Either Lids, Hannebery or Wines. Thoughts community?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 14:39

I'm a huge Wines advocate (just call me Charlie Dixon) so I'd pick him. However, you can't argue with Deledio's form, only his achilles which I am convinced will cause more headaches this year.

Abraxas · 05/06/2015 at 14:43

Agreed on Deledio's achilles..Wines it is! Thanks Patch!

Flaccid Jaff · 05/06/2015 at 16:06

I think Wines is a beast in the making, and he might average more than Lids this year, but I think Lids is more likely to be a top 6 forward than Wines is to be a top 8 midfielder this year. Lids is >50k more expensive though so tough call.

Mitch · 05/06/2015 at 14:31

COMMUNITY NEED SOME HELP THIS WEEK

backs – shaw, newnes, kolojasni, mcintosh, lever, oxley, n.brown, hamling
mids – fyfe, pendles, selwood, parker, beams, griffen, cripps, yolmen, rockliff, mckenzie, saad
rucks – goldy, maric, cox
forwards – gray, d.martin, swan, goddard, tarrant, clark, salem, krakour

hold rocky?
oxley out, swing saad back, krak to mids, then a premo forward?
who should i be culling first?
any other trades lemme know

22 trades left and 134k in bank
had a average week and dropped out to top 3%

cheers!

Gordo D Magnificent · 05/06/2015 at 14:45

Franklin, Martin or Dalh? Im leaning Franklin due to his bye ( i need less round 11 byes), but i want martin and dalh as my f5 and f6

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 15:44

In order, Dahlhaus/Franklin/Martin – for this week. I think Martin and Dahlhaus are the two important ones to have by the end of the year – Franklin will give you some bad scores with the monster ones.

scrofl · 05/06/2015 at 15:54

If you can afford it, go Dahlhaus. My preference would be Dahlhaus > Dusty > Buddy.

Flaccid Jaff · 05/06/2015 at 16:11

Franklin frustrates me. He's inconsistent and I just don't like how his jib is cut. I think dusty will average more and will be more consistent, I'm probably gonna bring him in this week too. He won't rise in price much this week though so you can afford to wait for him post rd11 if you need to

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 16:20

Martin over Dalhaus and Buddy for me.

Francis · 05/06/2015 at 14:46

Who to trade out?

1 of Oxley, Krak or Rockliff

1 of T. Adams, Clark or Salem

Dan · 05/06/2015 at 15:01

Would go Krak and Clark myself

scrofl · 05/06/2015 at 15:55

Oxley (provided you have bench cover for Rockliff) and Clark.

Pitchko FC · 05/06/2015 at 17:20

how long is clark out

Redgumwon · 05/06/2015 at 18:51

one or two weeks

northernsoul74 · 05/06/2015 at 14:55

In regards to Mitch Wallis I think we must have a different view of what a tagger is. I've not seen Wallis tag all year. In fact I've not seen the Bulldogs use a tag at all this season.

Marty · 05/06/2015 at 15:41

Wallis did "Tag" Griffen last week but was much more of a run-with role holding him accountable but winning his own ball. I traded him in last week and got his 150+ but not expecting that from here on in. Many will try and chase last weeks points I think

Redgumwon · 05/06/2015 at 18:52

He spent a little time tagging Fyfe as well with a few others. I've had Wallis since the start

Dan · 05/06/2015 at 14:59

Could really use some help this week community. Every time i bring someone in, they cop the little white plus sign. Not lookin to win any ranks, just lookin to make it through as good as possible, Opinions?

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Newnes, McGovern, McIntosh, Brown (McKenzie, Dalgleish)
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, J.P.Kennedy, Lewis, Swallow, Judd, Rockliff, Krakouer (Adam Saad, Anderson, Freeman)
RUCK: Goldstein, Jacobs (Read)
FWD: Gray, Swan, B. Goddard, Tarrant, Dale, H. Goddard (Clark, Ahmed Saad)
Plus 192k in the bank.
Thinking I need to get off Rockliff and unload Krak since hes the least likely to come back anytime soon…Could go Rocky and Krak to Danger and Dumont with 200k to spend next week.
Thoughts?

Aker · 05/06/2015 at 15:23

Hodge or Simpson?

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:32

Hodge although both are good options.

Is it worth waiting 2 weeks cause they both have rd11 bye.

Sean · 05/06/2015 at 15:34

krakouer to wallis a decent trade?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 15:52

In his game against Freo, when he scored 40-odd, he held Fyfe to his lowest possession count for the year. He ran with Griffin last week, but did a lot of work off the ball.

I feel the role of tagger has changed this year; looking at Vince and Guthrie as examples of having to make the man you're tagging accountable.

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 11:56

Goodness, my internet was awful yesterday so sorry for mixed messages Sean! Yes, I reckon you'll do pretty well from that.

Tom · 05/06/2015 at 15:34

Thoughts on my team please. 80k in the bank.

Simpson, Shaw, Gibson, Newnes, Oxley, Saad, Lever, McIntosh
Fyfe, Selwood, JPK, Parker, Beams, Rocky, Treloar, CEY, Miller, Steele, McKenzie
Goldy, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Hogan, Tarrent, Clark, Lonie, Krak

Oxley to Hamling and then
Miller to Lewis or
Krak to Buddy?

Thoughts?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:07

Krak to Buddy. You'll need as many warm bodies as you can get through the byes.

Brookesy · 05/06/2015 at 15:38

Bringing in Wines. Should I trade out Oxley via DPP or Rockliff?

I N Pieman · 05/06/2015 at 15:51

The problem with Oxley this week is we won’t know if hes playing till tomorrow night & if he is he could be wearing the snot vest. If that the case there isn’t many options. I’d say get rid of him & asses rocky over the next week it 2.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 16:27

agreed get rid of Oxley

derek · 05/06/2015 at 16:46

Rocky gone for 6 weeks. Trade him out.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:31

Thought it was 4-6 and was likely to come back at 4?

Redgumwon · 05/06/2015 at 18:53

I thought 2 to 4

I N Pieman · 05/06/2015 at 15:46

Nice one patch. Just a normal week really with unexpected carnage. The rookies falling over this week makes the byes even more nerve wracking. Nonetheless the trades don’t end. Must keep improving the side. I like the Wallis selection. But if your under 20 trades don’t do it. You’ll need to trade him again. Ollie wines is a bargain. Old Joey Montagna I smell a trap with that one.

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:09

Thanks Pieman! It's fraying my nerves but this is a game of the bold. I'm playing catch up and trying to race along to full premium. It will definitely come into my thinking though. We can't rush blindly.

Crabb · 05/06/2015 at 16:19

You don't reckon wallis could be a M8/M9 loop option?

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 16:33

That's a very valid idea I reckon. Not sure he's good enough for a permanent onfield spot in your mids especially during the finals.

However he could prove a handy loop option to pick up the odd big score or alternatively provide solid cover when one of your elites misses a week.

I N Pieman · 05/06/2015 at 17:29

Couldn’t see Wallis as an m8. I’d prefer an m9 with dpp to help cover another line. I did that last year & it was a great move. Hope I can do it again this year

Riley · 05/06/2015 at 15:50

Oxley to Big Buddy or Wines (Using DPPs)?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:09

Wines for me.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 16:28

Wines

noob · 05/06/2015 at 15:52

19 trades left. 43k in the bank. Would love some thoughts

Back: shaw, tmac, newnes, saad, oxley, Dmac (goodes, brown)

Mid: fyfe, beams, steven, JPK, parker, ebert, Vandenberg, CEY (rocky, heeney, glenn)

Ruck: maric, nic nat (read)

Fwd: gray, martin, swan, Tarrant, titch, clark (TBC, krak)

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:22

Move Oxley on, possibly to Hamling. Behind that, maybe hold.

john · 05/06/2015 at 16:32

Cheers mate.

Cyril is Delicious · 05/06/2015 at 15:57

Who has better JS out of Goddard and Steele?

I feel like Goddard would, as he is playing in a side that will not be pushing for finals, so will look to play the young guys. I need to make a trade this week to avoid a donught with Clark and Krak being out. Cheers!

northernsoul74 · 05/06/2015 at 16:15

At the moment neither as we don't even know if they will make the final 22. In saying that if Steele makes the final 22 I am bringing him in as otherwise I will cop a donut. I think he's more likely to take his chance but that's just based on gut feeling and what I've heard about the kid. Unless you really need to you should wait and see a couple of games from both.

James · 05/06/2015 at 16:03

Hodge or Simpson?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:22

If you can afford him, Hodge.

Mitch · 05/06/2015 at 16:42

Hodge

derek · 05/06/2015 at 16:45

both. Simpson for now because he is cheaper

Liam · 05/06/2015 at 16:18

Thoughts on my team please. I have 100k in the bank
Shaw, Murphy, Docherty, Saad, Oxley, Higgins Bench: Kolod, Schade
Fyfe, pendles, JPK, Priddis, Sloane, Rockliff, Selwood, CEY BENCH: Miller, Dmac, Krak
Goldy, Nic Nat BENCH: Cox
Gray, Goddard, Swan, Franklin, Tarrant, Clark BENCH: lambert, dale
Thinking Krak to Dusty and then Rockliff down to Boston
This leaves me with 200k in the bank.
Cheers

joe · 05/06/2015 at 16:18

community thoughts please, is worth trading t.adams to avoid a donut this week i don't see him as a keeper but may still have some more cash growth left and i may cost myself 50k.

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:32

Yep, he's gone. Done his job.

Antonio · 05/06/2015 at 16:22

TBC or Lonie?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:33

Essendon against a Geelong side without a proper ruckman leads me to think TBC.

NateCrows · 05/06/2015 at 16:23

Nice summary Patch.

Im looking at getting rocky out. Thinking I will bring beams in but i need to downgrade too.
I have Krak in the middle but will keep him a bit longer as he is my DPP swing.

have Clark, Tarrant down back or I have Saad and Mckintosh forward.

Not very good downgrades here I would prefer to out Clark but is Bailey Dale worth it? A couple of defenders coming through so prefer to wait on downgrading Kmac and his BE is good. Who else could i go.

thoughts?

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:37

Bailey Dale is not worth it in my books. Doubt he will pull a Touk Miller, so if you have to go, go elsewhere.

Jeremy · 05/06/2015 at 16:25

Dev Smith v Buddy. Please discuss

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:36

Buddy is a proven premo with a history of coming home with a 115+ average. Devon Smith isn't. That about sums it up for me.

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 16:39

Buddy will be very popular especially after torching the Blues but I actually prefer Smith long term. Buddy probably still has his customary 2 or 3 games to miss for the season too. In fact he hasn't played 20 games since 2009 so make sure you keep a decent F7 around if you end up picking him.

John · 05/06/2015 at 16:29

I can get absouletly anyone in my mid but really wanted wallis last week and again this week nedd more playing rnd12 so should i pull the trigger

john · 05/06/2015 at 16:37

Not on Wallis. Horrible trade in target. Chasing points.

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 16:50

Would have to disagree john 2. Definitely underpriced and should get plenty of onball time with Libba out this season. A better option for my side than trading in these rookies with very iffy JS and point production.

It won't fit with every coaches plans and situations but far from a horrible selection imho.

John · 05/06/2015 at 16:42

But apart form the 15 he got injured and the 40 against freo hes averaging well over 100 surely he should warrant m8 m9

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:50

If you can get absolutely anyone, save yourself a trade and pull in an ultra premo.

Flaccid Jaff · 05/06/2015 at 16:31

Hello community,

I can only fit 2 of Lids, Dusty & Goddard into my final team. Which 2 should I go with?

I think dusty wont ever be much cheaper than where he is now ($547k) so I'll probably get him this week.
Lids is looking great, will he ever be much cheaper than he is now ($573k) do you think? Cheaper enough to warrant waiting and not replacing a r13 donut now? Will he average more than Goddard?

Byes are irrelevant for me as I'm sitting very pretty with them apart from the r13 bye and am trading out krak & salem who won't be playing in the coming weeks.

Thanks community!

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 16:53

Look, I don't trust Lids' achilles. That's all it comes down to for me.

Barney · 05/06/2015 at 16:34

Where’s Wombat and his stupid comments-must have been censored.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:29

Haha, must have.

Jim · 05/06/2015 at 16:38

Who should i get for clarke? Brent harvey devon smith or jack crisp thought fellas?

Crowls · 08/06/2015 at 08:09

went harvey for dpp and normal 2nd half of season improvement

bob · 05/06/2015 at 16:38

Thooughts on Brent harvey?

Redgumwon · 05/06/2015 at 18:58

Pass he burnt me bad last year when he got rubbed out

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 11:58

Not until we see back to back tons for me. If he was a defender you'd lock him in, but need some form first.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 16:39

Patch, Thought's on bringing in Sidebum after his rd 12 bye.

Derek · 05/06/2015 at 17:41

Good choice, just to expensive compared to other options

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 17:50

He is coming in for me. Gun

Sean · 05/06/2015 at 16:41

boston or dumont?

Mitch · 05/06/2015 at 16:42

Boston

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:17

Depends on your bye structure

Mitch · 05/06/2015 at 16:42

Upgrade to ollie or danger?

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:24

Depends on your bye structures.

Danger has a bye next week but will go up around 35k this week, so if you where looking to get Danger and you don't have many players out in Rd 11 go with him.

Although Wines has a Rd 13 bye so you will get 3 weeks out of him before his bye.

It all depends on your bye structures.

Jimmy · 05/06/2015 at 16:42

Thoughts on these trades community?

Krak > Dumont
Clark > Buddy (Or Dahlhaus?)

I also have Miller and Tarrant I could chuck on the chopping block and of course Rocky (Who I'm thinking of holding).

Jimmy · 05/06/2015 at 16:44

Wines also an option for Clarke…Not sure who to go with.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:26

Its hard to say without looking at your full team, due to the byes.

It depends which player fits into your team to give you the least chance of copping a donut.

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 11:59

I'm a massive fan of both Wines and Dahl. Whichever fits better into your bye structure mate!

SammyBoy · 05/06/2015 at 16:43

Beginning to think Grundy's time is up in my team. Thinking straight swap for Sam Jacobs but would only leave me with $10,000 in the bank, is it worth it?

Brooke Richards · 05/06/2015 at 16:51

Wait until after Sauce's bye

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 17:01

Good advice. Jacobs has a hefty 142 BE this round and Grundy may actually go ok against the Dees rucks this long weekend.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 17:28

Agreed wait on Jacobs

Kev · 05/06/2015 at 16:47

Bit time poor during the week so I'm loving your articles, Patch. Only got Rocky in 2 weeks ago but he has to go imo. Already playing catch up and can't afford to have him on the pine for a month. Able to field 22 this week with some dpp shuffling but I'll be in a world of pain if any late outs hit.

2016 is looking tasty with Gaz/Rocky M4-5

You missed Tarrant as a forward rookie/warm body

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 17:16

I did too, thanks Kev. At this stage warm bodies are onfield regardless of their scoring capabilities.

Phil · 05/06/2015 at 19:33

I was just thinking the other day Kev, how tasty the whole midfield for 2016 look. You mentioned Gaz & Rocky M4-5, throw in Libba M6 and O'Meara M7 with young Petracca M8. Now that is tasty!

Spooners · 05/06/2015 at 16:51

Great article Patch, was just wondering if you think Rocky to Dumont and Krak to Dusty would be a good trade.
Thought are very appreciated.

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 17:27

Dumont looking like he'll be sub this week and a super sub all year round. Proceed with caution on that one.

Spooners · 05/06/2015 at 17:38

Thanks for the response, will look out for that sub risk of Dumont, if I don't go with Dumont, who do you think the best option out of Duggan, O'Brien and Boston?

Redgumwon · 05/06/2015 at 19:16

Boston

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 07:29

Agreed…

General Soreness · 05/06/2015 at 16:56

Marvelous work as per usual Patch.

Tulendeena · 05/06/2015 at 16:58

What's the story on Mclean?

Matt · 05/06/2015 at 17:05

Should I bring in Dumont, Boston or Glenn? I don’t need cover I just need to generate cash.

I’m thinking Dumont is listed on extended bench in case North decide not to play swallow last minute and will drop Dumont if Swallow does play

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 17:29

Boston. Will play and play often up at Gold Coast.

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 17:07

No Steele sorry community! (Liam in particular)

Last night a few folks were foaming at the mouth to bring him in this weekend but they will have to put their fervour on hold I'm afraid.

Northernsoul74 · 05/06/2015 at 18:07

Back to the drawing board. Not sure what else the lad can do to get a go.

Motsy · 05/06/2015 at 23:27

Good luck this week SCaddict! I'm up against you so hopefully you get my score -1! 😛

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 02:34

Yeah that's just shocking luck. I've had my fair share of misfortune too this season so know all too well how big a bummer it can be.

Still 8 games to go this weekend with plenty of opportunities for many twists and turns yet. All the best mate!

Nicholas · 05/06/2015 at 17:16

Great article just wondering what to do

Forward is gray, goddard, martin,, franklin, swan, clark, hogan, tarrant who to bring in and finish forward deledio or dahlhaus.
Also should i get rid of for him tarrant or clark.
If i bring in Deledio i have to trade out tarrant.
Also who should i bring in for miller boston or robinson
Another option would be to go rocky to wines.
Thanks for any advice communityt and good luck this week

Flaccid Jaff · 05/06/2015 at 18:10

I'd hold on to rocky and trade Lids in for Tarrant. Boston over Robinson but both a risk.

Tofor · 05/06/2015 at 18:21

Hey Nick!
    Tarrant has a BE of 86, Clarks is 55..
    Tarrant will get a score for you this week, Clark wont.
    Deledio and Dalhaus, tough call, I'd prob slightly go the former.
    I've got Rocky too… I'm usually happy to hold for a few weeks.. but 4-6.. and a rough run with injuries this year.. prob has to go…
    Also considering Wines.
    Good luck

Donavan · 05/06/2015 at 19:45

I would go for Deledio over Dahlhaus, and Boston over Robinson (only because Sydney have a few to come back, and I dont see Robinson in the best 22).

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 17:24

Steele, Goddard, gone, Dumont looking sub. eek.

The Ranger · 05/06/2015 at 17:36

Jeez…it's never ending! I needed opne of them to start this week…back to the trade table again.

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 18:23

Im risking boston over dumont now. Thanks for good info patch. Extra 30k handy too.

Sully321 · 05/06/2015 at 17:26

Hi community,
I need to downgrade Krakour to save a doughnut this week, if Goddard and Steele get named would select them over dale? Please give me a ranking of the three. Thanks in advance

Patch · 05/06/2015 at 17:29

Dale is the only one playing this week, unfortunately.

Northernsoul74 · 05/06/2015 at 18:42

Only other option is take a punt on McLean from Dogs but crazy without seeing him play at least one game.

Cyril is Delicious · 05/06/2015 at 17:33

To avoid a donught and because Steele and Goddard not being named this is my plan.

D.Mac will be swung down back, which will give me the ability to go Oxley>Boston or Dumont

And then Krak> Premium foward.

Thoughts on this? And who to get out of Dumont or Boston?

Cheers community!

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 07:35

after studying all week, I went Boston over Dumont…. Should get plenty of game time compared to Dumont, who will be a likely sub candidate for the rest of the year. $30K cheaper too…. and the name is just too good to pass, especially being a Boston Celtics fan…. hopefully he ends up being the better choice.

Mitch · 05/06/2015 at 17:33

backs – shaw, newnes, kolojasni, mcintosh, lever, oxley, n.brown, hamling
rucks – goldy, maric, cox
forwards – gray, d.martin, swan, goddard, tarrant, clark, salem, krakour

1. Oxley out, buddy in (via saad dpp)
Or
Oxley and krak out, dahlhause and boston in?

2. Rockliff out, Dahlhause in (via krak to mids)
Krak to Boston?

Which option or any recommend any other options?
134k in bank with 22 trades left

Jimi · 05/06/2015 at 17:36

I traded Wines out when he got injured, is it madness to bring him back in?

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 17:50

Not at all. You need to look at each trade in isolation and make the one you reckon will give you the greatest benefit at that particular point in time.

So if you believe it's Quadzilla again then just pick him.

Jimi · 05/06/2015 at 18:17

I should've held him, fell for the old "inside knowledge" trick (my cousin is mates with XXXX at the club who reckons he'll be out for 10-12 blah blah blah)…

Guest · 05/06/2015 at 17:54

nope. Think objectively what is best for your team

Gareth · 05/06/2015 at 17:41

Is Dumont a permanent fixture of the kangaroos or simply cover for Swallow?

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 17:52

JS is probably not the greatest going around. As Patch mentioned above he could easily be the sub again this weekend although we won't know for sure until Sunday.

Hazey · 05/06/2015 at 20:57

Should be playing every week but because we’ve got a retarded coach he isn’t and soft peahearted squibs keep getting a game!

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 23:21

Very true

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 12:08

I'd feel very worried if he ever had to go onfield in my side – avoid if possible. Really good player but won't get the opportunity this year.

Rob · 05/06/2015 at 17:45

Who are good downgrade targets for Krak ( mid) and Tarrant?

Pinidu.C · 05/06/2015 at 17:51

IS IT WORTH MAKING TWO TRADES TO AVOID A DONUT THIS WEEK? I AM CURRENTLY RANKED IN THE TOP 5%!
Thanks

Luke · 05/06/2015 at 18:04

Nicholas · 05/06/2015 at 17:58

can someone help me with my comment above running out of time

Mitch · 05/06/2015 at 18:09

Dahlhause or Buddy?
Already have Martin, Gray, Goddard, Swan (Tarrant, Salem, Clark)

Redgumwon · 05/06/2015 at 19:20

Dahlhause

sam · 05/06/2015 at 18:11

who to trade salem, clark or krak???

Redgumwon · 05/06/2015 at 19:21

Depends on who you are looking to bring in and how much cash you need.

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 18:14

HI guys any idea why glenn now has orange light? Is he late inclusion in squad if so is he likely to play? Thanks

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 12:09

Sorry Hedski, no clue why he has the orange light. Has been listed in the twos and will line up there.

SideBySidebottom · 05/06/2015 at 18:17

Is the rumour true that Ross Lyon won't be coaching tonight due to general soreness?

Ramsey · 05/06/2015 at 18:23

Having a doomday dilemma here

I was thinking of doing these trades:

Krak > Boston (via Higgins to FWD and then Mckenzie to DEF)
Clark > Franklin

This fit my bye structure just perfectly, until I realised that Higgins was sitting on the forward line bench with a full Premo forward line already on field. There goes that idea.

Who is the best forward rookie option to downgrade Krak to? I was also thinking of trading Krak > Brooksby by subbing Read to the forward line. Need HELP ASAP!

Northernsoul74 · 05/06/2015 at 18:40

I don't think there is fwd rookie worth downing Krak to. I'm in the same boat with Krak stranded in fwd line plus Clark and Salem injured means I'm looking at a donut as no one I want bring in for him. Swing sets really important this year.

Dave · 05/06/2015 at 18:31

1. Oxley to hamling
2 a krak to dalh
B miller to wines or other premo mid

Poloko48 · 05/06/2015 at 18:39

In a world of hurt and the round hasn't even started yet.

My players unavailable this week:
DMac, Lever, Goodes, Goddard, Rocky, Krak, Anderson, Read, Bont, Lamb, Bennell, Clark, Oxley (poss)

Mids are OK, but missing x 2 DEF & x 2 FWD, so will cop at least 1 donut, 4 donuts if I don't trade.
I may have to change my name to Krispy Kreme….

…and I only have 17 trades left….

Should I trade or cop a bad round? Aiming for best finish overall, currently languishing in "top" 34K.

Team:

DEF: Enright / Newnes / Oxley / Saad / DMac / Lever (Goodes / Goddard)
MID: Fyfe / Priddis / Pendles / JPK / Treloar / SMitch / Parker / CEY (Rocky / Krak / Anderson)
RUC: Goldy / Maric (Read)
FWD: Gray / Swan / Bennell / Bont / Hogan / Tarrant (Clark / Lamb)

Have only $25K in the bank – really lost as to what I do here, any help / guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Community!

Poloko48 · 05/06/2015 at 18:40

actually I'll cop minimum 2 donuts!

Poloko48 · 05/06/2015 at 18:50

I've gone the following trades:

Goodes OUT Hamling IN
      Rocky OUT Buddy IN via DPP (Bont now in MIDS)

Thoughts? Leaves me with 15 trades, $168K in the bank and 2, maybe 3 donuts this week.

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 07:40

I’d hold Rockliff IMO, that’s what I’m doing…. and 15 trades is very thin I reckon, but you gotta do what you gotta do I guess.

YellowNBlack · 05/06/2015 at 18:46

hi all,

could really use some feedback im struggling to decide what to do:

Backs: H Shaw, J Newnes, S Higgings, A Oxley, K Mcintosh, J Kelly(adel) bench: N brown, J lever

Mids: N Fyfe, J kennedy(syd), J selwood, D Rich, R Griffin, A Saad, P Cripps, R Sloane bench: T Rockliff, C Ellis Yolmen, D Mackensie

Rucks: T Goldstein, I Maric bench R Obrien

Forwards: R Gray, D Martin, B Goddard, D Swan, T Mitchell, M Clark bench: N Krakour, K Lambert

only got 30K in the bank.

i can't decide who to move on between oxley, rockliff, clark, krakour

any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

Poloko48 · 05/06/2015 at 18:52

Rocky out to give you $$$ to use during bye rounds.

YellowNBlack · 05/06/2015 at 18:54

thanks for the advice!
      i am leaning towards rocky and clark then bringing in dumont or boston then either d smith or dahlias into forward line??

Tophawk · 05/06/2015 at 19:36

I would go Oxley down to Hamling. And either Rocky to Wines or Clark up to Franklin. Both manouvres would ensure you grow your warchest this week.

Matthew · 05/06/2015 at 18:46

Tarrant or Lonie onfield?

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 12:11

Tarrant mate.

Adrian · 05/06/2015 at 18:46

should i get devon smith in?

Bob · 05/06/2015 at 19:03

Was thinking Smith or Zorko?
    Need some help!

Jambo · 05/06/2015 at 22:59

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 12:12

I know SCaddict is big on Devon Smith, but I'm not feeling he will be a top 6 forward this year. I'd look elsewhere personally, but if you're strapped for cash he might be your best option

Billy · 05/06/2015 at 18:47

Hey community thoughts on Tarrant to Franklin?

Cant do Clark or Krakour to Franklin, only way would be to trade one of them to a forward rookie (who?) then the other to Franklin.

At least this way neither will leak cash this week.

henry · 05/06/2015 at 18:53

should i trust kamdyn over oxley?

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 18:55

Loophole

henry · 05/06/2015 at 18:58

how do i do that?

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 19:42

Kam as emerg if scores well non scoring player on for oxley

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 20:13

At this stage yes.

Bruce · 05/06/2015 at 18:55

Krakouer to amon this week

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 12:13

I'd look at Boston or Robinson first, Bruce. Particularly keen on Boston considering the injury room up at the suns.

Bye Week · 05/06/2015 at 19:00

Brandon Ellis or Callan Ward,

need to make decision before tonight's bounce

byeweek · 05/06/2015 at 19:50

neither

ThatDamnRascal · 05/06/2015 at 19:09

Traded Rocky out for Priddis and Oxley to Hamling this week.
Have a mountain of injuries on the benches and Krak is back on the rookie list.
Fingers crossed for no late outs.

Will look closely at Sloane this week might be a nice upgrade for Cripps after his Bye

Tom · 05/06/2015 at 19:21

Ox to Hamling is locked in.

Then tossing up between

Krak to Buddy
Miller to Boston.

Thinking Krak to Buddy becuase I can get Boston next week…

Jimmy · 05/06/2015 at 19:28

Sounds great to me Tom!

Rick · 05/06/2015 at 19:22

Griffen to Wallis? If I do ill have 340 k in the kitty for the bye rounds. AGHHHH THE DECISIONS

dean · 05/06/2015 at 19:43

I personally go Wallis in for rocky this week, the kid is a gun, will avg over 100 from here on out, but i think stick fat with griffen.

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 12:14

I'd stick with Griffin for now. After his bye I think we'll need a serious discussion about his place in our sides, but we'll need him for the byes. Besides, it's his good week.

luke · 05/06/2015 at 19:27

Think I will go:
Rockliff -> selwood or wines.
Oxley -> Wallis via dpp swing McKenzie to defence.
No cover in the backline then though.

Rob · 05/06/2015 at 19:33

Krak to Dumont.

Thoughts?

Liam · 05/06/2015 at 19:37

Boston????

Pieman74 · 05/06/2015 at 19:39

Love your work Patch. I have a full team on the field but no coverage on the bench in the midfield or forward line.I am tossing up trading Clark or TBC but could only trade them to Sinclair (WCE). I read a lot of talk about Boston is he a mid, forward or DPP. My other option is to trade Oxley to Simpson or Hamling. Have 18 trades and 50k. I would appreciate any advice from you or the community.

Tyler · 05/06/2015 at 20:07

Just for future reference, on the actual supercoach website there is a players section under sc cup where you can filter players and research them.

Anyway, I wouldn't trade TBC or clark to sinclair. Boston is a mid. Oxley to Simpson is a terrific trade right now as oxley is at his likely highest price while simpson is around his lowest.

Pieman74 · 06/06/2015 at 07:07

Thanks Tyler. I can only trade Oxley to Simpson if I get rid of Clark and downgrade him to Dale or someone else but there are not a lot of fwd rookies at the moment. My only other option would be to trade Ox for Fasolo who is averaging 90 and is under 400k.

Tyler · 06/06/2015 at 08:51

Nah Fasolo isn’t that good of a player and wouldn’t be a good long term option. Trade Ox down to hamling and pocket the cash for bye trades.

Pieman74 · 06/06/2015 at 09:52

Thanks Tyler. Is it worth trading Clark to Dale just so I can get Simpson in for Oxley or just downgrade Ox to Hamling as suggested.

Tyler · 06/06/2015 at 10:18

There should be more rookies coming up soon who will be better options than dale. Hold Clark for now, reassess next week I reckon

Bailey · 05/06/2015 at 19:53

krak to dalhaus
or
miller to wines

Tyler · 05/06/2015 at 20:07

Krak to dalh

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 20:31

TIGERS!!!!!

Moey · 05/06/2015 at 20:32

what happens when a player gets a negative score, does it count?

Dave · 05/06/2015 at 21:10

Your fcked

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 21:50

Yep it sure does.

If your captain scores negative it doubles to.

Tophawk · 05/06/2015 at 20:32

Its a clinic! Tigers going nuts in Perth!

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 22:01

I still am not convinced they will win. hope they do though.

Dee · 05/06/2015 at 21:46

Boston, Dumont or Amon?

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 12:14

Boston for me.

Donavan · 05/06/2015 at 22:03

What happened to Michael Johnson (Freo)?

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 22:19

Hammy I think

Donavan · 05/06/2015 at 22:28

Thanks, at work, just checked the live scores, thought it had to be an injury of some sort, couldnt possibly be kept that quite.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 22:57

Hammy, should be playing next week tho, just a minor thing

Tophawk · 05/06/2015 at 22:31

TIGER TOUGH!!

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 22:46

Ok convinced. Go tiges.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 22:57

It's a good time to be a Tiger fan

Tophawk · 05/06/2015 at 22:45

Great win to the Tigs! Hope ur happy crouching! Hope ur doing OK Jock.

Youngy · 05/06/2015 at 22:58

Do I take Fyfe's 115. Score hasn't been scaled yet.

cow roll · 05/06/2015 at 23:00

Usually you would like 130.

Dean · 05/06/2015 at 23:42

130 is being bloody greedy and will bite most on the A$$, NO GAJ any more so one should be taking his 116

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 23:52

I would back a danger gray hodge to beat that

jacob · 06/06/2015 at 04:37

I’m gonna. 232 points in the bank. There’s always the chance of a hard tag or injury to other players who you put the big C on.

James · 05/06/2015 at 23:00

Take Macintosh's 51 or go with Hambling?

cow roll · 05/06/2015 at 23:08

Ham

Donavan · 05/06/2015 at 23:41

Got to roll the dice on Hamling

Matthew · 05/06/2015 at 23:02

Not taking Fyfes 115. But so many options. Who gets the C out of Pendles, Beams, JPK, Buddy, Parker, Gray.

SCaddict · 05/06/2015 at 23:07

Think I will have a flutter on JPK even though he was disappointing last week.

hedski · 05/06/2015 at 23:41

Am vc ing big tex hoping he does a buddy. Maybe captain parker he is due again.

cow roll · 05/06/2015 at 23:19

Franklyn or Gray.

Donavan · 05/06/2015 at 23:42

Gray

Crowls · 08/06/2015 at 08:22

did gray instead of ward. big opportunity gone.

Allan · 05/06/2015 at 23:39

I worked out my bye structure, I currently have 19 trades but will be using 2 trades in round 10 and 3 trades in round 11 and 3 trades in round 12 and also 3 trades in round 13 which will only leave me with 8 trades left over for the remaining 10 rounds. The unfortunate part is that I'll still be holding Rockliff which im sure I will change quite possibly after around 11

Providing nothing changes and all premiums & non premiums play which is unlikely however my bye rounds will be as follows
Round 11
I will have 11 premiums playing & 9 non premiums

Round 12
I will have 11 premiums playing & 8 non premiums

Round 13
I will have 12 premiums playing & 9 non premiums

This still leaves me one premium short in Defence, Midfield & Forward but I don't see anyway around it..

Donavan · 05/06/2015 at 23:45

I have an opponent with a total score of -3 after tonight. Thats the first time I have seen a negitive total score. The dot on the graph still sits on zero.

carlashirley90 · 06/06/2015 at 07:57

Dex still have Johnson

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 14:05

I have Johnson 🙁

Steve · 05/06/2015 at 23:48

Touk Miller, CEY Rocky or Bont for Boston or Dumont?

Krak to Dahlhous, Harvey or Buddy?

Dann · 06/06/2015 at 00:03

Toying with the idea of putting the C on Selwood, he’s very due, Essendon don’t have a good tagger and do have a weak midfield.

carlashirley90 · 06/06/2015 at 08:01

Hannebery as captain?

Other one in my team I am thinking is Franklin but not sure, the Fyfe VC move not good enough

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 09:33

Tricky call. I am not taking Fyfe's score either. Dusty's score as Captain would have been handy. For me its either Buddy, Parker or R Gray as captain. Gonna stew on it for a bit.

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 14:08

For me Im either going to take the safe 116 or put the C on Pendles or Gray…

I feel there is noone who is nearly a garenteed to score 116 this round.

Leaning towards taking the 116, cause there is no Ablett.

Pieman74 · 06/06/2015 at 08:20

(1) Oxley to Hamling and Clark to Wines
(2) Clarke to Dale and Oxley to Simpson
(3) Oxley to Fasolo
First option leaves my defense a little weaker as Hamling would need to be on the field. Second option is preferred but not sold on Dale.
Third option only uses one trade which saves me more trades for the bye rounds.
Thoughts?

luke · 06/06/2015 at 08:30

1. Oxley -> Wallis
2. Krak -> Wallis.
1st option leaves me no cover in defence and hamling on ground. 2nd option leaves me with 8k in the bank going into the byes. Bye round is not important.
What to do community? Is Oxley even going to play?

Jambo · 06/06/2015 at 09:10

Oxley’s been named and should play. I reckon the second option is best. Insurance is very handy especially this year.

luke · 06/06/2015 at 11:12

Or i could go mitch Clark -> Wallis and it leaves me cover on all lines…

Tom · 06/06/2015 at 09:15

Not taking Fyfe's score.

Was thinking either Beams, Selwood, Buddy, JPK, Parker.

Also, do I take McIntosh's 54 or roll the dice on Hamling?

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 09:30

Do you have Robbie Gray? If you do, he could be seriously looked at. Do you still have Oxley? if you do, perhaps take Kmac 's score then, just in case the Ox doesnt play. If you dont have the Ox I would get greedy and back in Hamling. Worst case scenario being that if he spuds and scores 35, you only loose 20 points. Good chance he could get 80+ Cheers

Jim · 06/06/2015 at 09:24

Is it worth going Krak to Dale and Ox to Hodge

or Ox to Hamling and Krak to Buddy

or Miller to Boston and Ox/Krak to Hodge/Buddy

Gryffindor · 06/06/2015 at 10:25

Hodge is the better and more reliable pick. I think boston has better job security to start and not be subbed off so would say miller/ox to boston and hodge. Krak isn't playing so you can get rid of him next week

Tree · 06/06/2015 at 09:43

Clark to Dumont (krak dpp swing) and

Lycett to Dahl

Or is buddy gonna be better value than Dahl?

Thoughts?

Gryffindor · 06/06/2015 at 10:23

Dahl will be more consistent and is the smarter choice and Bud is a risk but that's what this game is about. I picked up buddy because last year he scored a 120+ every second week post bye and has gold coast who might not be able to field a full team with all their injuries so should go big

Sully321 · 06/06/2015 at 09:52

Hi community,
Do i keep fyfes 115 or take risk on parker or JPK scoring big against Gold Coast (also have robbe gray as an option)
Also I got lever on the bench if I want to take Mcintosh's 54 instead of Oxley who is named on the extended bench
And a sub risk
Thoughts? Thanks in advance

Gryffindor · 06/06/2015 at 10:22

Hey Sully, i'm not taking fyfe's score. Gray hasn't performed against the Doggies in seasons past but averaging 121 and Port pciking up form and dogs don't have a tagger so i'd chuck the C on him. If you have pendles he'd be a better choice. Averaging 130ish against melbourne in his past 3 games

Ox won't start sub, copped a knock last week so that's why he was subbed off and didn't do much, i have faith he'll score more than 54

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 10:32

I agree. Oxley isn’t a “sub” type player. He will start.

Barney · 06/06/2015 at 11:27

Oxley named on a wing in the VFL. If so won’t play the Dees on Monday

luke · 06/06/2015 at 11:44

They also have about 400 blokes on the bench on that least… But at least that game is at 2pm today so should give plenty of time to make the call on Oxley.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 10:40

I’m expecting Suns to make a good contest. They are at home with their back against the wall, they might just show some fight. I’m also worried that Swans make take it easy. I can see people taking Buddy, Parker, JPK as captain, they are on 100SC at 3/4 time, and just like the Hawks last week, they sit on bench and end up with 110 and don’t turn it into a 140+

I’m happy with Fyfe 116. I’ll keep Pendlebury up my sleeve if I need him for a league win

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 10:55

You really needn't worry about that Derek.

(Disclaimer: Addicts takes on the mighty Bundeena Bunnies this weekend in the Jock's Good Eggs league.)

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 11:25

Looking forward to the challenge SC.

Bunnies going ok this year (even with Cloke in my team) and will be tough to beat

Jim · 06/06/2015 at 10:28

Is it worth trading Miller to Boston so I can go Ox to Hodge? Or will Miller still make some money?

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 10:30

Get Hodge after his bye

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 10:30

I have a funny feeling about this weekend. What have the SuperCoach Gods have in store for us.

Richmond beating Fremantle in Perth and Dusty going big might just be a taste of other strange and unusual happenings. Johnson’s score of -3.

Be careful of late outs (Hawks have taken their emergencies to Gold Coast – talk Lewis might not line up)

I might take Fyfe score as capt, put an ok score in the bank.

Good luck everyone!.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 10:42

Hawks don’t play Suns, that was last weeks news….. Now I’m just confused

Tim · 06/06/2015 at 10:47

Yes Hawks play the Saints…

Tim · 06/06/2015 at 10:38

Ox to Hamling and Miller to Boston? With 577k in the bank

Or Ox to Hamling and Krak to Buddy with 100k in the bank

Youngy · 18/06/2015 at 18:12

Hamling and Buddy. Bring em In Mate

KKP · 06/06/2015 at 10:49

Buddy or Goddard more important to get guys???

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 11:01

Buddy only because of the bang for the buck factor. BJ is just too darn pricey to invest in as a forward right now in my view.

You might have the cash to get Goddard this week but I'd bank the $90K savings and use that on your next trade or the one after that.

KKP · 06/06/2015 at 11:12

Cheers SC
      Buddy or Dahl for similar coin

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 11:20

Tough one KKP. Dahl is such a consistent player but Bud definitely has the higher ceiling.

Bit of a coin flip but again Bud being nearly $65K cheaper slightly swings things in his favour although really I couldn't fault anyone who traded in Dahl this week. So Just pick who suits your bye structure or who you just prefer more if the former isn't that important to you.

Also note Buddy hasn't played 20 games since 2009 but he's defying that history this season playing 10 straight games and looking in ripping form right now.

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 12:58

Agreed SCAddict… Couldn’t agree more, well said! Brought Buddy in for Krak….

Bailey · 06/06/2015 at 10:58

Krak to dalh
or
b.goodes to simpson
I think simpson is more a priority this round

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 11:02

I agree wholeheartedly Bailey. Will be bringing Simmo in myself assuming he is not a late out of course.

Bailey · 06/06/2015 at 11:50

Thanks, any reason he would be a late out?

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 11:55

No not at all. It's just wise to leave these things as late as possible just in case he gets injured in the warm up as unlikely as that is.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 11:17

Was going to trade Clark to Buddy and Krak to Hamling (Via Mckenzie). But I was $200 short. Almost the perfect trade.

Can’t go Boston either, what do people know of Robinson from Bris. Played 2 games and named this week?

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 12:01

Damn…dont you just hate that!

I have traded the Ox out this week for Hamling and Clark for Buddy. I have decided to use krak for loopholing purposes on my forward line this week. Got the E on TBC up there and Tarrant on field. If TBC miraculously has a massive start in the first quarter, lets say 45+ SC points, then could do a last minute switch by putting Krak on the field for Tarrant. The bombers match starts 20 minutes before the Port-Dogs game. Krak might still be of some use. LOL

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 12:11

Keep focused. Don’t get distracted

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 14:50

$200 short? Unreal… That would have been the perfect trade, why can’t you go Boston this week?

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 12:10

Decided to leave Buddy until after his bye

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 14:51

should have got him in now… He’ll scored 237 this week!

Goky · 06/06/2015 at 11:29

Thoughts on Krak to D.Smith?

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 11:41

I like it a lot Goky for the money. I'm still deciding who I will bring in next week between Boomer and Devon as both present value I feel. Buddy is the other one to consider although I'm so Rd12 heavy already I can only really bring him in after his bye.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 12:09

Buddy’s big scores this year have been at home. Hasn’t done very well away from home, especially the MCG.

Swans have 2 away games, including this week, before their bye. Straight after their R12 bye they have 2 home games.

Buddy after the bye for me.

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 14:55

and his biggest score ever was in Tasmania, 218…. as a Hawk! Home game away from home against North, I got him in this week! Fingers crossed he’ll go one better today and kick 14 and score around 294, chucking the C on him that’s 588! hmmmmm….. Just imagine!

Brett · 06/06/2015 at 12:00

G’day community, thinking trading oxley via the mckenzie swing to wines or pendles .. thoughts ? Pendles recent scores, are unusually low , so his prob carrying a niggle

Other option is to cash in ox and potentially rocky, 800k war chest ready for the byes

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 12:26

Would probably wait on Pendles until after his bye and so would give the nod to young Ollie instead.

Hopefully the rest serves him well over the bye as he really hasn't been quite the same Pendles this season carrying that ankle and whatever other niggles.

Brett · 06/06/2015 at 12:37

cheers mate , anyone else you would consider ? or @ the price , take Ollie ?

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 12:55

There are a stack of choices as it seems you can afford most players if Pendles is an option.

So I could rattle off another dozen names you could consider but all would have their pros and cons.

Ollie seems of genuine interest to you and many within the community so nothing wrong at all with that selection. His Rd13 bye is probably handy for a lot of coaches too and he appears to represent decent value.

BundyBear · 06/06/2015 at 12:03

Oxley or Harris on the field. Anyone have any thoughts ?

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 13:44

Wait until tomorrow to hear of more news on Oxley. But if you have to make the call now, play it safe and pick Harris Andrews.

Baggy pants · 06/06/2015 at 12:28

Community is there any news floating around on late outs, I don't have much cover on the bench this week. I have held back on trading but may have to avoid a doughnut

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 13:44

Not that I've heard, Baggy.

Baggy pants · 06/06/2015 at 16:23

Thanks Patch

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 12:30

Hamling or Saad on field? Pick one.

Or take McIntosh score?

judd0 · 06/06/2015 at 12:44

Have to take Saad I think, he is proven and the ball will be down there a lot this week one would think.

Andy · 06/06/2015 at 12:49

Anyone know if there was an update on Lewis? He was meant to do a fitness test this morning. I need to know whether to trade to avoid a donut before the Swans game.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 13:07

Hawks will be careful. Saw interview with Clarko and he said Birchell could have played this week but because they have bye next week it was perfect timing to rest him this week and get him 100%.

They could do same with Lewis

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 13:16

That will be the temptation for sure. Hawks should still beat up on the Saints without him so why risk him if he's not !00% especially with the bye just around the corner to get him cherry ripe for Rd12 @Crows.

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 13:09

Haven't heard anything. I'm also a Lewis owner and feeling fairly nervous. I just think it's one of those situations where you have to hope for the best but prepare for the worst.

I would love to loop CEY today but will probably play a straight bat and keep him as a genuine emergency just in case Lewey is a late out tomorrow.

Crowmagnon · 06/06/2015 at 13:19

Saad.

judd0 · 06/06/2015 at 12:34

Clurey vs Hamling…..
Go!

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 13:13

Hamling for sure

Crowmagnon · 06/06/2015 at 13:18

Go the piglet

Crowmagnon · 06/06/2015 at 13:08

when are final teams for Collingwood v Melbourne announced?

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 13:13

About 5 this afternoon

Crowmagnon · 06/06/2015 at 13:16

Thanks Pieman. Damn I have Oxley on the field atm. Wondering whether to trade ricky Henderson to brodie smith to ensure I don't cop a donut, but i'm scared of my crows bias. please advise if I am insane?

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 13:35

Ideally you would wait for Rd12 or 13 to bring Smith in but I can understand your anxiety.

Donuts are perhaps the worst feeling in Supercoach even if they are not the end of the world in reality. It sure doesn't feel that way.

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 13:48

Every man and his dog will be trading Brodie Smith in post-bye, so no harm in doing it now to avoid the donut.

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 14:59

I think Oxley is OUT, poor performance last week…. I got rid of him, earned me enough cash already.

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 16:31

Yeah bloody Monday games!

I couldn't be bothered wondering all afternoon so upgraded him to Simpson which appears to have paid off.

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:56

Agreed Patch, your supercoach wisdom is brilliant.

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 13:13

Around 5pm AEST I believe.

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:58

Do you know where I can find the teams?

tom · 06/06/2015 at 13:14

who is better pick wines or simpson?

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 13:24

Simpson only because I believe he's a fraction closer to being a top 6 defender in the 2nd half of the season than Wines is to being a top 8 mid over the same period.

Simmo also has the much lower BE this week too however bye structure may need to be factored into this decision for some coaches.

tom · 06/06/2015 at 13:35

and do we take fyfe captian score?

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 14:25

Would be the safe thing to do but I think you could afford to take a punt on another one of your elites if you like to live a little on the edge. Gray, JPK, Swanny all come to mind.

Would love to plant the big C on Pendles but he's just not 100% healthy which makes it too risky for mine.

Pieman74 · 06/06/2015 at 13:20

Should I bring in Simpson or H Shaw. Need two trades to do it. Simpson is cheaper but has the bye next week. Shaw has a higher break even and could drop or increase only slightly after this week. Only 20 mins to pull the double trigger.

Crowmagnon · 06/06/2015 at 13:24

Shaw has been much more reliable. His break even is only 80, so he should make that easy. I have had both since the start of the year and would spend the extra $50k.

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 13:49

I'd be picking Shaw mate. Proven. Will score more than Simpson.

luke · 06/06/2015 at 13:28

Tough decisions this week. Had planned on making 0 trades, going to be making 2 🙁 leaves me with 18 going into the byes

Patch · 06/06/2015 at 13:50

Two more than me, Luke. Been a tough year.

TOM · 06/06/2015 at 14:07

Have we seen the end of Judd????

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 14:08

It looks that way. Doc Larkins fears a ruptured interior cruciate in his knee. Terrible news.

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 14:20

Did not look good poor bugger

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 14:57

Tragic ending. Next we may see of Juddy is a lap on GF day. Traded him last week for rocky.

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 14:58

Ouch. Are you holding rocky?

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 15:07

Not sure yet. I carried Sloane. I’d like to hold him. I probably will. But if it’s looking more like 6 he might have to go. Horrid trading a bloke after one game

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 15:10

I am holding unless absolutely necessary

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:52

It seems so, Its hard to say goodbye to a player that was a must in your team 3 or 4 years back.

Dave · 06/06/2015 at 14:11

Would you call me a biased carton supported and chasing points if I thought Marc murphy is good value

Tyler · 06/06/2015 at 15:25

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 17:56

You are a biased Carlton supporter chasing points 🙂

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:54

I'd wait a couple of weeks to see if he hits some consistent point scoring, atleast wait till his bye.

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 14:11

Need to play two….. Which two? McIntosh (54), Oxley or Hugh Goddard.

And Vandy or Miller onfield?

Tyler · 06/06/2015 at 15:26

Hugh Goddard isn't playing and Miller on-field I reckon

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 14:57

Have the vc on danger glad carlton aren’t playing hard tag yet. Looking like going big again.

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 15:08

Heading for 150+. Very nice! One of the few who didn’t vc Fyfe

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 15:10

Dont have him

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 15:22

Don’t make that mistake again

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 15:44

Didn’t say I wasn’t getting him

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 15:57

Make sure you do. He’s not cheap that’s for sure

Rick Grimes · 06/06/2015 at 15:51

125 max

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:51

130*

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 15:14

I hope Pendles plays on Monday, I have the Bont, Rockliff and Mckenzie all injured and sitting on the bench… copping the donut if he’s a late out. Thank God Sloane is in this week!

Tyler · 06/06/2015 at 15:28

Time to bring Kreuzer in?

dave · 06/06/2015 at 15:35

along with Murphy

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:50

Probably not

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 15:40

CEY subbed off with 43SC, just when you think things couldn’t go worse…. #OuchCrouch

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:49

Yep I have him onfield Im in for a stinker

TOM · 06/06/2015 at 15:40

Ellis Yolmen subbed. Chaos

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 15:59

Just another dagger really

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 15:43

For those who have him, Dan Robinson named the sub for Sydney.

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:49

Harsh for those who brang him in. 18……

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 15:45

Thanks for the points and cash cey. Bye bye next week.

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 15:47

Hasta la vista CEY!!! Time to go next week as it is your bye as well. Nice timing.

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 16:04

Problem is soon as you trade them they go large the following game

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 16:22

No looking back

Rick Grimes · 06/06/2015 at 15:49

Goodbye McIntosh and CEY. Your service has been appreciated.

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 16:01

Not this week

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 16:33

Yeah I'll be very tempted to take the money and run if a decent downgrade option presents next week and also depending on how Touk goes this arvo.

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:48

Scored 50ish I am quiet disappointed

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 23:48

Yes Touk is now on my priority cull list probably traded to his team mate Boston. Looks like both will score similarly from here which I'm guessing won't be much next week against a fuming Freo.

Thanks for the memories Miller and CEY. It's been nice knowing ya! 🙂

hedski · 07/06/2015 at 00:01

Got boston in this week pretty happY. Going to cop a donut tomorrow tho unless Maynard is a late call up…

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 15:57

Absolutely Wonderful, CEY subbed off, look's like a score of 50 max.

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 16:23

just clicked the refresh button, now he is down to 42 SC. Lads, the struggle is real…..

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 16:21

What a crackin game who’d have thunk it? Reckon I’ll take dangers 130 odd vc, wont get to greedy.

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 16:22

Probably get scaled up closer to 140. Take it all day

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 16:21

Tossing up between Parker, Buddy, or R Gray to put the C on. Tick tock tick tock…….decision time is looming.

I N Pieman · 06/06/2015 at 16:23

Gray by far is the most popular choice by the masses. I’m quite tempted with buddy.

Dee · 06/06/2015 at 16:28

My finger has been hovering the C button on Franklin all day, will he beat Fyfe’s 115SC? That’s the $4M question, 9 minutes to decide…. Gray is the popular choice, but in SC you gotta go against the stem of the grain sometimes. This could be one of them….. #buddydecisions

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 16:24

I was goin gray if danger didn’t perform. What about swanny monday? Great record against d’s.

Baggy pants · 06/06/2015 at 16:22

Does any one know if Oxley played in the reserves today

Liam · 06/06/2015 at 17:02

Oxley did not play VFL today, and final teams have come out naming Dwyer, Ben Kennedy and Maynard as Emergencies

Baggy pants · 06/06/2015 at 17:44

Thanks Liam

Liam · 06/06/2015 at 16:47

Is it worth going Rockliff to Wines considering i brought Rocky in only last week?

Damo · 06/06/2015 at 16:51

An interesting question – I brought Rockliff in last week as well. I'm thinking of holding him – it might depend on where you're sitting in your leagues, whether you're chasing overall points…

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 17:13

those with t cap on buddy look in for a good day

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:47

Yep 121 Unscaled

Baggy pants · 06/06/2015 at 17:55

Community tossing up whether to take Fyfes score my target is usually 120 points, so Fyfes 116 is pretty close. My next choice is Gray but if he scores say 130 points we are only talking 28 points difference. What do you think?

BundyBear · 06/06/2015 at 18:05

The only certain thing is that you are good at maths 🙂

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 19:18

Not to be a smart @rse but it actually would only be an extra 14pts. 😉

Baggy pants · 06/06/2015 at 23:11

I meant as my captain. Fyfes would be 232 and Grays 260 if he scored a 130.
      Ended up playing it safe and stayed with Fyfe.

SideBySidebottom · 07/06/2015 at 11:19

It's still only 14 points difference, 116+260=376. 232+130=362. 376-362=14.

nugget · 08/06/2015 at 00:18

hahaha lucky you werent being a smart ar5e coz you are incorrect. It doesnt work that way with C scores. The difference will still be 14pts.

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 18:29

What is going on with JPK? His form is pathetic. Glad I dont have him. 41 SC points going into 3/4 time. The way he is going, he might be subbed out from Robinson in the last quarter!!

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 18:38

Same. Parker motoring along.

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 18:48

Got Parker. He is cruising. On target for 110-120 SC points. I will be happy with that. C on Gray tonight.

hedski · 06/06/2015 at 19:13

Still watching. Have danger at mo but if gray (who I have) gets 135-140 would I be greedy having a dip at swanny?

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 18:40

He is spending a lot of time in forward line. Clearly been told to have an easy game today. JPK yet to make a tackle to 3/4 time.

TMitch has affected JPK scoring as well.

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 19:26

Yes JPK has only been going through the motions lately. Decision making and execution has been horrendous just like Parker a month ago who at least had the lingering effects of a concussion as an excuse.

Unfortunately an infuriating phase for JPK owners like myself which we will just have to weather. Perhaps better opposition will eventually wake him up as he knows he's in no danger of ever being dropped.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 22:46

JPK scores well in high stoppage games. Loves the wet.

Starky · 07/06/2015 at 09:05

JPK tends to do this when Sydney get easier games. It is clear they have their foot off the pedal a bit.
          I don’t think it’s form, just no need to go 100%

Minge E Lee · 06/06/2015 at 19:11

gotta love sc..brought in docherty for oxley..smashed out 97 dt for only 71sc. How does buddy get 116 sc?? had 77dt with 5 FA's!! please explain

JB · 06/06/2015 at 19:18

Take van Berlo 60 or Dumont? Thoughts …

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 19:35

Probably Dumont if he dodges the snot vest.

luke · 06/06/2015 at 19:21

Oxley or hamling. Thinking Oxley is due again

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 19:36

I'd go Hamling just in case Oxley gets either vest like last week.

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:43

Im going with Oxley, I feel he can possibly pump out a 70+ score and I don't think he will get the vest. But he very well could and leave me with a 30.

There are Pros and Cons in both decisions.If you think Oxly will get vest then bench him, if you think he won't get the bench vest Hamling.

Nicholas · 06/06/2015 at 20:09

so saddening i went lids instead od dahlhaus

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:45

Dahlhouse could still score less than Lids. He has 4 Clangers…

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:16

Haha told ya 😀 Lids (85) Dalhouse (77)

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:11

Will Hamling score more than Oxly?

Youngy · 06/06/2015 at 20:40

Hope Judd's career isn't over with his injury. Remebering back to the 3 or 4 years ago when he was a must have in your team.

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 20:58

Me neither, but I think his career as a player is done. Remember Youngy, a week is a long time in footy, let alone 4 years.

Awesome career Juddy! 2 flags with West Coast, numerous best and fairests, All Australian player, Captain at both Carlton and West Coast. What a player. Time to have a drink to celebrate his career! LOL

Nuggety · 07/06/2015 at 00:45

2 flags with west coast?!

Ateam12345 · 07/06/2015 at 06:02

Dual Brownlow medalist as well.

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 21:01

And wait, there is more. 2004 and 2010 brownlow medalist. Wow

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:14

Yep he was for sure a legend

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 21:10

TBC subbed off. What a spud. I have him on the forward bench as an E this week. Just as well. I kept him as a floater for the byes. He probably will not be picked to participate during the friggin byes. Not happy Belch!

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 22:26

Yes I mentioned during the week he was a high priority to trade out or at least get off your field. Very happy with the upgrade to Blicavs 3 weeks ago.

He is one player badly limping to his bye and now leaking cash for that extra kick in the plums.

Alex · 06/06/2015 at 21:39

Robbie Gray is spudding it up

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 21:46

Ollie Wines pinching points off him. Carn Robbie! Big last quarter required.

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:13

Must be time to bring Ollie Wines in then ?

Riley · 06/06/2015 at 21:57

Captain on Robbie Gray …
Gonna cost me the loss, opponent has C on Fyfes 116…

Tophawk · 06/06/2015 at 22:43

I had the C on Gray. Obviously not to pleased with his output tonight, but not a disaster. Just bad timing. It may be my first defeat in my league too. Dammit

Crowls · 08/06/2015 at 08:39

need a large bus to carry all the sc players on gray C. just hope i dont lose by 30 points or less

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:12

Haha feeling pretty good about taking Fyfe's 116.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 22:44

Pretty happy with Rocky to Selwood. He almost made his 128 BE tonight. Was looking bad early on but he junked it up in the last quarter.

Not sure what I was thinking with putting C on Gray. Could have been worse, almost put it on JPK

Going to be close SCaddict.

SCaddict · 06/06/2015 at 23:02

Indeed it will be. Had a decent weekend so far but with so many shocking Sundays this season I'll be very wary of what tomorrow will bring. Lewey a late out or an early red vest would definitely throw a spanner in the works for Addicts Anon.

May the best (or luckiest) coach win! 🙂

Luke · 07/06/2015 at 08:38

Was tossing up between Selwood and Wines, went with Selwood. Relatively happy, although definitely does not look at his best. Having a great week until I left the C on Gray last night. Oh well, live and learn and dont be greedy when you have 116 in the bag. Sitting on 1431 from 13 played. Hoping for a good Sunday and break the 2300 mark, but its a long way away. Still got a heap of yoyo's to play, including 2 rucks Mumford and Goldstein.

Derek · 06/06/2015 at 22:54

Ebert 12 tackles tonight. Scored 142

Stevens 11 tackles, scores 130

JPK Nil tackles…….

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:11

Derek do you think JPK could possibly be managing a injury?

sal · 06/06/2015 at 23:21

First time all year that I strayed away from Fyfe as Captain. Thought I would take Gray as Captain…….very sad 🙁

Rick Grimes · 07/06/2015 at 05:45

2100 maybe. What are others looking like? C on Gray was the killer.

simo · 07/06/2015 at 07:18

Gday Rick I know ur pain, also went Gray as C. Was having a great week until last night with Grays effort and bellchmabers subbed off, still think I will get around 2200 could have been better though

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 10:36

Gray has been soooo reliable all season UNTIL its time to put the C on him. Does you friggin head in doesnt it!!! But it happens. Back to the old formula next week. FYFE is LIFE. LOL Fortunately, I had TBC as an E on my forward line. At least avoided that dud 39 score from him. I kept TBC as a swingman for the byes. Looks like he will be dropped this week. I mean seriously! Very dissapointed TBC.

That said, I am hoping for around 2150-2200 this week.

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:07

Im looking to get maybe 2150. Which im a bit disappointing with, JPK, Newnes and Griffen where killers.

Crowls · 08/06/2015 at 08:42

looking at 2150-2200 so seems not that bad. tks tmitch and ward. no tks Captain gray

TOM · 07/06/2015 at 07:13

Good to see putting the C on Gray for one week paid off….

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:04

Bad luck. 87 Harsh

@Rem_Wah · 07/06/2015 at 08:48

Swan or Jordan Lewis captain?

Kev · 07/06/2015 at 09:05

Swan

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 10:30

Probably Swannie. He has a great record against the Dees. Still a bit of an injury cloud hanging over Lewis.

Paul Walnuts · 07/06/2015 at 10:44

I'd go Lewis and he should go big but I'm worried he will be a late out with his shoulder

@Rem_Wah · 07/06/2015 at 11:17

Hopefully they both have great games! Lewis should be right to go.

Rockdog · 07/06/2015 at 11:49

If I have B Goodes as emergency and bring in Beasley and put him as emergency does goodes 0 count as lowest score or will beasleys score count? Any feedback would b great

Sarah · 07/06/2015 at 12:03

Bradley's score will count.

Sarah · 07/06/2015 at 12:03

Beasley. Stupid auto correct.

TOM · 07/06/2015 at 12:00

Lonie or Tarrent on

Redgumwon · 07/06/2015 at 14:34

I'm going with Tarrent

carlashirley90 · 07/06/2015 at 13:58

Cooking dinner tonight and think I might make a potato bake with some Griffen seasoning

Griffen you are a spud

SCaddict · 07/06/2015 at 14:24

17pts at HT is definitely in super spud territory for a supposed premo mid. Still has a half to semi redeem himself or else the urge to rage trade him will be overwhelming for many.

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 14:51

I was Griffins biggest nagger pre-season and had Wines until the last day and jumped on Griffin. I blame Gerard Weatly for talking him up so much. I’ve put up with his crap games to now, but today has been just aweful

SCaddict · 07/06/2015 at 15:49

Yeah I punted him yonks ago when he was still worth something. At least he managed to kick a couple of late goals to avert a complete disaster. Should have a fairly high BE after back to back spud scores.

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 20:12

Looks like I’ll need Cloke to go massive tomorrow to beat you SC. not holding any hope

dognino · 07/06/2015 at 15:09

I wanted to hold him until his bye, but that's 2 more rounds of spud action. Don't know if I have the will power

Damo · 07/06/2015 at 20:44

I'm holding him too – he's got 2 weeks to redeem himself otherwise he's being traded come Bye time.

Redgumwon · 07/06/2015 at 14:33

I'm thinking of bring in Boomer Harvey today and I'd love to hear what you guys think of him. I'm still kicking my self that I didn't bring in Mitchell or Buddy

SCaddict · 07/06/2015 at 15:15

I'm strongly considering bringing in Boomer next week if he tons up today. Has had a quiet season so far but could come home with a wet sail in the 2nd half.

Tooth length and the Kangas drop off in competitiveness this season are the only real concerns but a sub $500K Boomer is pretty hard to pass up.

Redgumwon · 07/06/2015 at 15:33

Thanks SC I agree at under 500K Boomer looks good

Redgumwon · 07/06/2015 at 17:15

I'm very happy now that I didn't take Boomer. Only 32 at near the end of the 3rd quarter

Redgumwon · 07/06/2015 at 14:34

Has anyone got any news on Jordan Lewis. Will he play or be a late out?

SCaddict · 07/06/2015 at 15:19

He's playing mate. No late outs in the Hawks Saints clash. Litherland and Savage are the subs.

Redgumwon · 07/06/2015 at 15:32

Thanks SC I was hoping Lewis would come out as the guy I'm playing in my money league has him. I also passed on the Boomer trade in hope of Lewis coming out. I'll have to trade Salem now and get a cheap replacement or take a hit and lose the game. If I do that I'll still have 20 trades left. That might be the plan take the lose and keep the trades for next week

nick · 07/06/2015 at 14:35

so anyway playing a guy who has goldie and bellchambers as rucks but both as emergency so he is going get bel chambers score of 39 what a loser what are your thoughts

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 14:53

How is that possible with only 1 ruck bench spot?

dognino · 07/06/2015 at 14:56

You can't have 2 emergency rucks, TBC would have to be in the fwd line, which means they are probably using captains loophole . They will get goldies score as well as double whoever they have the VC on.

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 19:03

I wodner if Nick is the loser? LOL

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:02

wonder* 😛

I N Pieman · 07/06/2015 at 19:09

I think a few months ago when he last looked at his team he was some tremendous gear

BundyBear · 07/06/2015 at 19:39

Easy to call someone a loser when you you are perfect in every way possible. Play your own game and dont worry about what others are doing.. Next week you will have a crap game and whinge about it. People who resort to calling other people losers are most often themselves losers. Get over it and be happy that no one else is as good as you.

Paul Walnuts · 07/06/2015 at 15:30

Is there a Podcast tonight ?

I N Pieman · 07/06/2015 at 19:07

Usually post round. Tomorrow night Id say mate

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:01

There might be, but I would assume it will be tomorrow night.

Bailey · 07/06/2015 at 15:37

Ryan Griffin making his score look respectable in the last quarter with two goals

I N Pieman · 07/06/2015 at 18:48

Next time you buy a bag of potatoes you’ll notice Ryan Grifrens picture on it. The euphoria when we get to trade him soon. Oh I can’t wait!!!

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 21:00

Haha, Agreed

Brock · 07/06/2015 at 18:24

im on 2000 with swan and newnes to go. seems pretty rubbish! but with johnsons -3 and two 40s i havent done too badly… i wont hold my 931 spot though 🙁

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 19:33

A tough round this one. Newnes is in my team and he also just spudded. I am on 1600 with Pendles, Swannie, Hogan, Vandenberg and N. Brown to play. I am hoping for 2100 from here.

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 20:24

I got Pendlebury swan and Cloke to play. On a good day I’m might get close to 2200.

Luviboy1 · 07/06/2015 at 20:57

Facing you in my main league Derek. 1932 v 1852. Better hope Clokey scores 200 points tomorrow!

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 19:48

Well looks like my chance for the 50k is done, Time to focus on my leagues.

carlashirley90 · 07/06/2015 at 19:51

Hawthorn win by 10 goals but got less SC points on team split lol
No big scores from Hawks either that's why I have no Hawk players in my team

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 20:07

That is why you shouldn’t have any Hawks in your team

Mitchell was 96 at 3/4 time and ended up with 106

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 20:26

Hi Derek,

Lucky for me I have no hawks in my team.

But what is the logical reason not to have any Hawks in your team? Does the premiership side get an extra weight put on it's back because of it's success? Can you tell me Derek? To me its weird.

How can a team win by 10 goals and the players of that winning team get less reward (SC points wise) than the losers.

Cheers

SCaddict · 07/06/2015 at 20:54

I've been a critic of certain dodgy SC scores but not sure the Champion Data boffins are to blame this time round.

Dream Team scores were pretty much split evenly between both clubs too 1548 (Hawks) to 1541 (Saints).

Team DE was well in the Saints favour at 80% to the Hawks at just 73% which would be a key contributor to why the Saints had a fractionally larger slice of the Supercoach pie. Whilst the Hawks won big they were pretty sloppy for a lot of the game.

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 22:21

I’m a big Hawks fan, and have had plenty of Hawks in my teams over the past few years.

SMitchell has been in my team all this year is only one.

Lewis was the only Hawk who averaged over 100 last year.

They just share it around too much. They rest their older players on the bench once the game is won

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 20:10

Supercoach regulators can not argue that "disposal efficiency" or "contested hard ball gets" was why the Saints (as a team) got more SC points than their opponent. Hawthorn "creamed" them in this department and won by 10 goals.

AFL Fantasy has no weighting, and the Saints players scored heavily in this league as well. But here is the "kicker", the saints "butchered" the ball all day. In Fantasy, you get points no matter whether a disposal is contested, efficient, or effective. You can even kick the footy out of bounds on the full and still get your 3 fantasy points. That is why they did well in Fantasy.

How can it be remotely possible for these two leagues AT THE SAME TIME award most points to the losing side.

Ridiculous. Maybe Jock can shed a bit of light on this on Monday night's podcast.

I hear ya Carla. Cheers

Damo · 07/06/2015 at 20:48

Overall Saints had more disposals, higher disposal efficiency, more marks, more tackles – I'm assuming the difference is in there somewhere?

Daniel · 07/06/2015 at 20:04

One of my worst weeks in SC History, only 5 players have scored 100+ this week (Fyfe, Martin, Selwood, Higgins and Goldstein), with 5 players scoring less than 55 (TBC, CEY, Rich, Hamling and Newnes), along with a few premos underperforming (JPK, Griffen, Brodie Smith, Goddard, Gray, and Nicnat), while having Lewis as my Captain. 1711 with Swan and Pendles to play tomorrow. Can't wait for Rd11.

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 20:30

The only way is up! Trade well this week, and you might be gloating at your score after round 11. A week is a long time in footy.

BTW my team has also put in a shocker so far and am hanging out for the byes. The byes are the 3 point of difference rounds.

Cheers

John · 07/06/2015 at 20:16

Take Fyfe vc or go with Pendles?

carlashirley90 · 07/06/2015 at 20:20

Play it safe many like myself have fallen on thy sword with going for more points this round.
    232 from Fyfe is good and Pendles last 3 avg is 100 or so, up to you of course

SCaddict · 07/06/2015 at 20:23

If Pendles was fully fit I'd plant the C on him. But he's definitely carrying significant niggles plus there's that worry of a Vince hard tag so I'd play it safe with Fyfe unless you need to roll the dice for extra points to pinch a key league win.

I'm going to have a flutter on Swanny as my C tomorrow.

Tophawk · 07/06/2015 at 20:35

If you opponent has Fyfe as the played captain, and you need extra points to win, then whack the C on Pendles. If you are going to win regardless, why risk it, just match your opponent with Fyfe. If you are close to the top of the supercoach heap, and struggling a bit points wise so far this week, then if you have the guts….Pull the either the Pendles or Swannie trigger.

Cheers

Damo · 07/06/2015 at 20:45

Take Fyfe's score unless you'r well behind in your league matchup and need Pendlebury to score 150+ to give you any hope.

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 20:59

Agreed

Youngy · 07/06/2015 at 20:50

Take the safe 232.

JB · 07/06/2015 at 20:55

Sometimes SC scoring is one of the mysteries in life loL …

Swans2012 · 07/06/2015 at 21:10

2036/19 pendle swan McDonald to come,I reckon Im heading up from 251 overall this week, thoughts?

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 21:53

That is looking real good. I think you should get 2300 and should improve your rank at least 100

Derek · 07/06/2015 at 22:01

I’m heading south. Was 116th last week, Dropped to 277 and will be lucky to get 2200 this week thanks to Griffin, JPK and C on Gray. Thinking I will be outside top 1,000 unless Cloke can kick a bag tomorrow.

Anything can happen over the byes and could be a chance to jump back

Swans2012 · 08/06/2015 at 08:07

Thanks Derek, hoping so! It looks pretty solid in all my leagues.

Swans2012 · 08/06/2015 at 08:10

I think if you can get to 2200 you should hold your spot, that’s looking around par. As for the byes, your right anything can happen, there really isn’t much difference point wise between the top 500! My bye structure isn’t as perfect as id hoped as I’ve been giving my ranking a real push the last fortnight with some aggressive trades so we’ll see I guess….

Derek · 08/06/2015 at 08:28

Round 12 will sort out the ones who have prepared for the byes or not.

Swans2012 · 08/06/2015 at 11:42

I’m fine 12, it’s just 11 and 13 I have problems lol

Derek · 08/06/2015 at 13:37

12 is my weakest. That’s why I didn’t bring Parker & Buddy. No room

Phil · 07/06/2015 at 21:22

I took a risk having TBC R2 up until now with his injury record and all. While he hasn't been injured yet (has any ruckmen yet?) it's been a massive fail. I was a bit worried that he will get dropped this week as I can't trade in Jacobs or Martin but then I realised its the best thing and what I'm hoping will happen. We only need 18 next week and his price won't go down. And when did ruckmen become so damn durable? Who would have thought Maric, Mumford, TBC, NicNat, Sandi would all play 10 games straight?

Minge E Lee · 07/06/2015 at 22:52

where was the thursday night podcast??? am hoping there will be one monday night..

nugget · 07/06/2015 at 23:02

gees whats with the lack of podcasts here? the boys a bit money drunk with all this extra revenue? the more you pay the less you get or the more you earn the less you give? cmon fellas give us the words of wisdom!

Derek · 08/06/2015 at 08:45

Podcast is always done on the Monday night of a long weekend. Most community members would know that.

Dave · 08/06/2015 at 09:45

There wasn’t one on Thursday either

Timmy · 08/06/2015 at 09:45

Sounds like Jock was pretty sick on Thursday. The one on a long weekend is usually on the Monday night.

Dean · 07/06/2015 at 23:11

What scores will you be achieving in round 10?

I'm on 1792 with 18 played including Captain on Dangerfield.

Swans2012 · 08/06/2015 at 08:11

2036/ pendle swan mcdinald to come. Feeling pretty good

luke · 08/06/2015 at 08:12

2081 from 19. Swan, Ox and Hogan to play. Hoping for 2300. C on Gray 🙁

Crowls · 08/06/2015 at 08:52

1887/19 pebdles swan vandenberg to play

Alex · 08/06/2015 at 10:32

My opponent and I both have the prince and swan, but he has hogan and I have oxley but I have a 20 pt lead and 2 trades thoughts?

Kev · 08/06/2015 at 10:42

If you where forced into a trade who would you go to?

Derek · 08/06/2015 at 15:57

C’mon Cloke. Go huge today

CJay · 08/06/2015 at 17:47

Well played Derek. Enjoy

Youngy · 08/06/2015 at 18:02

Only 116, less than I thought that is unscaled tho.

Youngy · 08/06/2015 at 18:04

Got 2100 this week which isn't to good. Vandy, Hogan, Kennedy, Yolmen, Griffen and Newnes where all responsible for the low score.

O well time to focus on Leagues!

Youngy · 18/06/2015 at 18:10

Looks like I will be playing with 14 this week….

Needed to win some important league games last week

Should be able to pop out a 1500 this week