Concrete Booking Agency

TG Footy Tracgic - Dexter

Round 8 is done and dusted. “SoapOnARope” did better this week – but the climb back up the ranks is going to be a long one. Thurlow did his job; albeit Oxley was the cow I moved on.

Don’t even get me started on Lumumba; I cannot wait to remove the shart stains he is consistently producing in my team, but I digress.

I remember Higgo pumping up budding Ruck prospect, Mark Blicavs, for the last few years; to me he didn’t look too appealing. Two seasons of averages in the 60’s just didn’t excite me. I was wondering what Higgo was on about. This year it has become glaringly obvious; Blicavs’ weapon is his tank. Mix that with his towering 6’6” frame and he’s a unique prospect.

Forward to 2015 NAB; Blicavs’ numbers didn’t really offer much difference to his 2014 numbers. He was marginally better in some of his stats, and worse in others. Even his SC output wasn’t anything to wet the bed over.

Blicavs1

Enter season 2015 proper; Priced at $372k, Blicavs’ first 2 games were ok. He didn’t crack the ton, but he was showing promise. I wonder if anyone bought him in (At this point in the season, Blicavs was priced to average a measly 69.2 SC).

His next 6 games; 124, 97, 111, 107, 94, 134 = average 111. (Or $596k output)

Is this his new norm or is Blicavs an over performer?

I never thought I’d say this, but Mark Blicavs is nudging premium status; considering he is averaging 104.9 from 8 games. This season Blicavs has a low of 73 and a high of 134, including 4 tons. The average premium player will hit a ton around 60% of his games and if Blicavs keeps true to his current form – He’s a premium.

Premium – “of exceptional quality or greater value than others of its kind; Superior.”

Why is Blicavs scoring more?

If you have watched any of Geelong’s games, you’d notice Blicavs playing in the guts. He’s playing a “revolutionary” midfield third-man-up role for them. Stanley or Clark ruck and he often enters as third man – tapping to one of their Mids. This is turning out to be a lucrative scoring role for him.

If you look at his stats you’ll see almost all of his numbers are increased, some significantly:

Bilcavs2

Being third man into a ruck contest; the result (more often than not,) will be an effective hit out – and with these new rules, more points are accessible. Mix this with the increased mid role and his ability to drift back and intercept the ball – Blicavs could be here to stay as a lucrative Supercoach scorer.

The best part of Blicavs’ SC ability – his scoring doesn’t rely on effective disposal. Look at his round 3 game for example. Blicavs had the ball 21 times at 52.4% efficiency and only marked the ball twice, yet he scores 124. Why?

Blicavs was on 63 SC at 3QT and finished the game on 124. This is the case more often than not. Blicavs is an elite runner and has a massive tank, so when most players are tiring – Blicavs keeps going.

In that game in particular, Blicavs kicked a clutch goal – which gave him a nice boost – but it was his ability to float back and intercept the ball, which gave him the added ability to score.

For those of you with TBC in your side – like Higgo has suggested – he’d be the perfect R2. He’s consistent, runs forever and tends to get the Hit-outs we want (to advantage) more often than not.

For me, Blicavs is on the watch list. Right now – at $509k – I feel he is priced at his ceiling. If Nic Nat keeps up his ordinary showing – and if Blicavs maintains this form – I’m not against bringing him in post byes, when I’m full premium.

Even at this price, Blicavs is still a valid option. The safer option is obviously a Goldstein or Maric over him – but his current form and potential PoD value could do you well.

Decisions….

What about you community? Is Blicavs worth his price? Is he even a premium? We’d love to hear from you!

General Soreness · 27/05/2015 at 15:06

Dex, great analysis as always, his scoring is unbelievable at the moment. It will be interesting to see if he maintains the rage, personally I think he can.

I N Pieman · 27/05/2015 at 15:12

Could this be the move to elevate the General to the summit.

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 16:54

I don't know what's better, your supercoach ranking or your team name. Keep up the good work General and hope you get the 50k!

General Soreness · 28/05/2015 at 12:58

Cheers Gryffindor.

Btw apologies to all those with Juddy, my brother "Knee" apparently keeping him out this week.

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 18:01

I upgraded TBC to Blicavs last week and am obviously pleased with the immediate results.

However I have to temper that enthusiasm a tad as he was snacking on the dismal Blues.

I still think he's a good chance at averaging just over a ton for the season which makes him a very legit premo ruck option. Definitely couldn't be entertained in the midfield though as those 8 spots are too precious for mine.

4rm · 27/05/2015 at 19:48

As Dex mentioned, he gets more points as the game goes and players tire. What's stopping (apart from injury) him scoring more as the season goes on and players tire… He understands the game and knows where to run, when to take that intercept mark, great pick for mine.

Tulendeena · 27/05/2015 at 15:08

It could be a straight swap from naitanui post byes

Though Stef Martin looks more promising at the moment

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 16:53

If Leuenberger gets dropped for good i'm bringing in Stef in a heart beat cos he'll pump out 120s every week but i just don't like Luey being their in case Leppa decides to give him some more ruck time and then Stef's output will drop significantly

derek · 27/05/2015 at 18:08

i agree. I must have lone wolf rucks in my team.

Tulendeena · 28/05/2015 at 10:38

He has been pumping out 120's even with the Berger in the team

Looking good for me

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 10:51

Wait a week and pick him up

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 12:04

Ye agreed I think that Martin is a better option than Blicavs

Tofor · 27/05/2015 at 15:10

Great review Dex
Definitely been impressive this season and value for his current price..
Just dosn't fit my structure. Don't think I can justify him in Mid over another Premium Mid, and I've got Goldy and Mumford as set and forget rucks.

Chicko · 27/05/2015 at 15:10

Dec, another brilliant piece mate backed by stats. Like it. I started with Maric and Goldy so no room for Blicavs but he has been a revelation that is for sure.

BKW · 27/05/2015 at 15:17

Same combo as me Chicko – if I had a weak second ruck I’d definitely consider him!

I N Pieman · 27/05/2015 at 15:11

Nice one Dex. Higgo will be seriously aroused by this article. If he keeps improving & keeps his ruck status he could be just about first picked next year. Like you Dex I might entertain it at full premium. Others to move on first.

Nicholas · 27/05/2015 at 15:47

Hey community,
Just wondering what i should do this week i have 260k and a potential double upgrade. I could go ibbo to tmac and cripps to parker. Wondering what you guys would think is my best bet this week. I have 19 trades and not happy with defence right now.

Def- shaw, taylor, saad,ibbo, mcintosh, lever( leslie, hamling)
Mid- fyfe, priddis, selwood, grifen, lewis, rockliffe, miller, cripps (cey, krak, d mckenz)
Ruck- goldy, nic nat (read)
Foward- gray, martin, franklin, goddard,swan, tarrant ( hogan,clark)

here is my bye structure:

Round 11- lever, rocky, cripps, lewis, martin, kmcintosh, hamling, cey-8 players out
Round 12- swan, goddard, fyfe, ibbo, miller, saad, leslie, franklin, dmac-9 players out
Round 13- selwood, clark, taylor, griffen, shaw, priddis, Hogan, krak, gold, Tarrant, nic nat, gray, read- 13 players out
i want to fix up round 13 but not sure how
Thanks for your help and time

General Soreness · 27/05/2015 at 16:07

In round 12 trade in players from round 11 and in round 13 trade in players from round 12. You will need to plan your upgrade trades carefully, I would even consider trading in round 11 and round 12 bye premos before their bye to ensure a full compliment. – obviously this only matters if going for overall rank. You may just choose to write off round 13 if only going for league wins.

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 16:44

I'd suggest waiting on Ibbo because he had a good game last week, upgrade him during byes if he doesn't score 90+ because then you can get brodie smith/kade simpson/hibberd if they show some form and will still be fairly cheap
    Cripps to parker would be a good move because i can see him dominating carlton and gc in his next two games and won't be this cheap after his bye

nathan · 28/05/2015 at 12:29

Cripps to rocky is good
    But id hold on ibbo
    You could trade mcintosh instead upgrade him fo a hibberd b or simpson type

nathan · 28/05/2015 at 12:30

Sorry parker

@boltie_monster · 27/05/2015 at 15:56

How many players should be looking to have not playing in each bye going into round 11? should they all be as equal as possible to more players missing in rd 13, 12 or 11?

General Soreness · 27/05/2015 at 16:03

It doesn't need to be equal but you should have at least 18 playing round 11, then using trading strategy trade into round 11 players in round 12 and round 12 players in 13 as required to get to full premo.

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 16:49

try to have 10 each round and 12 max so you don't cop a donut. And if you have lots in rd 12/13 not playing bring in players after their bye so you have at least 18 on field
    I have 8,12,10 not paying but am bringing in Jordan Lewis and Brodie Smith after their rd 11 so i definitely won't get a donut

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 12:10

Take into consideration that most teams will have some donut rookies, so 12 players out in a bye is a lot and will most likely leave you with a couple of onfield donuts.

Previously On Lost · 27/05/2015 at 15:58

oh how life would be different if i went him over TBC. 🙁

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 16:57

We can dream can't we, i finally pulled the thorn that is TBC out of my ass for Sam Jacobs last week and enjoyed a 118 compared to 40 something from TBC. Was worth copping Jacobs rd 11 bye for sure

derek · 27/05/2015 at 18:10

same here. My week has been so much better for it.

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:24

Atleast you didn't start with Lycett

panther · 27/05/2015 at 16:05

gday community just wondering what i can do with my team i have 7,300 in the bank was thinking of downgrading tarrent to get some cash for an upgrade

Def:shaw, johnson, saad, lumumba, kmac, dmac (h.andrews, s.hurley)
Mids:fyfe, pendles, priddis, heppell, parker, watson, selwood, t.miller (CEY, c.smith, lambert)
rucks:goldy, maric (read)
forward:gray, martin, swan, zieball, tom mitchell, clark (tarrent, lonie)

Finley · 27/05/2015 at 16:35

Depending on the amount of trades you have, I’d downgrade Tarrant and upgrade Kmac to Gibson (or a similar prices defender)

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 16:58

I'd recommend holding unless Josh Glenn or Hugh Goddard are named, if Glenn is chuck lambert in your fwd and bring him in for tarrant

derek · 27/05/2015 at 18:10

Tarrent has a Round 13 bye, nice

Finley · 27/05/2015 at 16:33

Hi lads and ladesses

I held Minson as I’ve had TBC as cover.

I’m finally moving minson on, need advice on whether to turn Minson into Blicavs (1 trade needed) or into one of Mumford or Maric (2 trades needed).

Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 17:00

This is tough. Personally i can see teams tagging Blicavs if he keeps up this output so i'd use 2 if the downgrade for the 2nd is worth it such as Glenn who will get serious midfield time at GCS with prestia gone as well as the rest of their mids

Jiles · 27/05/2015 at 17:51

Thanks Bruds. Tough choice

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 18:15

I actually reckon he's a very difficult player to tag given his unique physical attributes that let's him play all over the ground and run all day long so not sure if that would be reasoning I'd use not to pick him.

Not saying oppositions won't pay him more attention only that his game is pretty tough to shut down.

Both Mummy and the Mullett have had their injury issues to deal with in recent years so I'd probably give the Blitz the edge in the durability stakes too.

Jambo · 28/05/2015 at 08:54

Glenn won't be in for at least another week.

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 12:12

You should probably use 2 trades to bring in Mummy but that is just my opinion I think he is more consistent

Leon · 27/05/2015 at 16:35

Should I trade Tarrant to Dale to make some cash or should I just hold him?

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 17:01

I'd say hold, Dale could get dropped any week for macrae or hrovat and not make you anthing, i can see tarrant not losing too much cash before his bye so offload him then

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:22

Depends if you want to upgrade in another area this week, if not then hold.

Spooners · 27/05/2015 at 16:46

Would Naitanui to Blivcavs be a good near straight swap/upgrade option ?

Bruds · 27/05/2015 at 17:01

I've got nic nat as well and the 103 on the weekend showed hope so wait till his bye and make a call then

Mike · 27/05/2015 at 19:49

And he managed to score that without taking a single mark. Imagine what he could do if he regains form.
      C’mon Nik Nat! Make us proud. Make us happy!

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:20

Agreed gotta hold him to atleast the byes

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 18:20

I'd persist with Nic Nat at least until his bye but if it's looking like at that point he won't average at least 95 plus for the remainder of the season then it's certainly something you could consider if you haven't gone too hard on the trades already.

Alex · 27/05/2015 at 17:26

Top 8 mids at the seasons end?

Alex · 27/05/2015 at 17:30

My thoughts

Locks: Fyfe, Pendles, Rocliff, Lewis, Parker
    Smokeys:Selwood, Beams, Priddis or JPK?

Matt · 27/05/2015 at 17:51

fyfe, mundy, kennedy, priddis, pendles, gray, danger, beams

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 18:40

Yes I would agree with this although Priddis is rapidly approaching lock status too and Parker and JPK could be interchangeable.

Of course Gaz may need to be in everyone's midfield come Supercoach finals time but we will just have place a mental note there for the time being.

Sidebum would also be circling the periphery there and will we get a refreshed and hungry Sloanedog after his bye?

Alex · 27/05/2015 at 18:58

Do you think Sloane will get it done? As a top 8

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 19:09

He's an elite player if you ask me. Has just had a horrible run with 3 heavy knocks in 3 straight weeks running that's see him and his fantasy owners in their current predicament.

But if he comes back swinging then given his pricing you'd be crazy not to at least consider him for your M8. I'm holding him whilst he recovers with this hope in mind. We'll just have and wait and see how it all pans out.

The Crows seem reasonably confident he'll be back no later than Rd12.

Liam · 27/05/2015 at 18:05

fyfe, pendles, selwood, rockliff, priddis, JPK, mundy, hannebery

derek · 27/05/2015 at 18:14

Ablett, Fyfe, Pendlebury, JPK, Priddis, Selwood, Rocky, Sidebottom (Griffin as a Smokey)

Timmy · 27/05/2015 at 19:19

Fyfe, Pendles, Lewis, Danger, JPK, Priddis. Unsure on the other 2 at present.

Derek · 27/05/2015 at 20:20

Why isn’t anyone putting Gaz in?

Girdle · 28/05/2015 at 04:51

Don’t exactly know when he’ll be back. Or HOW he’ll be back. If he’s still skirting packs and protecting that shoulder like Rd1&2, then you don’t need to waste a trade.

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 12:14

agreed when Gaz comes back he should be a lock after a couple of weeks once his price goes down a bit, if he scores well.

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 13:06

Fyfe, Pendlebury, Ablett (if he comes back), Priddis, Selwood, Gray, Rockliff, JPK.
    Last couple were tough choices. Hannebery can't handle the tag, I reckon Mundy will be up there but not right up the top

Tyler · 28/05/2015 at 15:22

No-one thinking Shiel? Pretty consistent. The kid is going to be an absolute star, I watched him a few times and there's room for improvement but he's still a gun. Could be top 8 this year

SideBySidebottom · 30/05/2015 at 20:16

The key word there is "kid".

TBCout · 27/05/2015 at 17:43

Which ruckman?
Jacobs
Maric
Mummy
Blicavs
I don't care about the byes just tell me which player will be the best and most consistent

derek · 27/05/2015 at 18:16

I can't split the first three.

I went with Jacobs last week only because he was $10k cheaper which allowed me to get Rocky.

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 18:26

All great choices and huge upgrades from TBC.

I'd save the $40K and go with the Blitz although I would say that after trading him in last week. 🙂

TBCout · 27/05/2015 at 20:41

Might go with him then 🙂

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 10:49

Wait a week, go Golstein/Martin/Blicavs

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 12:15

Mummy

Matt · 27/05/2015 at 17:49

thoights on my team and what i should be doing:

shaw, hurley, johnson, simpson, oxley, hibberd (saad, andrews)

priddis, mundy, steven, dnager, heppell, ward, cotchin, rockliff (mckensie, glenn, lambert)

mumford, maric

Gray, swan, goddard, tex, tarrant, clark (dale, karnezzis)

derek · 27/05/2015 at 18:19

one of the better teams I've seen, what is your ranking?

I think you might regret not having pendlebury or fyfe in your team, unless you have some trades to spare and planning an upgrade later. Need to make room for Gaz when he come back as well.

Matt · 28/05/2015 at 11:20

996, yeah was thinking upgrading cotchin or heppell to one of them later in the year, gone unique and it has paid off although i have 15 trades remaining

Dools · 27/05/2015 at 17:52

Great article Dex, Much musings and trips to the fridge created over this piece,
I would love to put Griffin on the path to the Shed but Rnd 13 bye shared with Blicavs saved him.
It's a conundrum Do you jump on or do you watch the boat sail away….Again…. Hmmmm !
I'm still no closer to a play… So I went safe…. Jelwood LOL nawh!! I cant say that and lie straight in bed. One trade Miller to Rocky.
Now that I re read the article you do have a way of SC Cursing players mentioned in your pieces !!!
You didn't talk about Rockcliff on this forum ??? Did You??

wellsy11 · 27/05/2015 at 18:18

FRANKLIN OR DAULHAUS OR LIDS OR BONT

wellsy11 · 27/05/2015 at 18:23

Or Devon!

Tophawk · 27/05/2015 at 18:33

Deledio. He is running into great form, and is still very nicely priced. He is a MID/FWD. Very handy with the byes coming.

Dahlhaus is very close behind. I reckon Buddy is playing with a niggle. Just dont trust him right now. He needs to pump out a big one before I would re consider. Bontempelli is a bit of a spekkie and more risk here.

Cheers

wellsy11 · 27/05/2015 at 20:36

Isn't Lids carrying a injury though? I hounestl thought either devon or daulhaus

@Rem_Wah · 27/05/2015 at 20:47

He's back to normal now. No injury worries there.

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 18:48

Probably Dahl although I really like Devon Smith and Boomer for the money and their handy Rd13 byes.

It's hard to argue with Bud's value right now but given his Rd12 bye and the rumours he's been getting pain jabs before each game does wane my interest somewhat. Nonetheless he could deliver gigantic scores against the Blues and Gold Coast so plenty of pros for picking him up this week.

Lids achilles scares me too much especially as I've already been hit with my fair share on injuries so he's a pass for me despite his stellar fortnight.

I wouldn't touch the Bont now. Very doubtful he will be a top 8 forward over the remainder of the season and some owners may even upgrade him just before the Supercoach finals although I would certainly hold him for the foreseeable future. May still average 85-95 from here but that's probably not quite good enough for your forward line I reckon..

@Rem_Wah · 27/05/2015 at 19:47

I really want to get him in asap too as his price is rising now – but remember, you'll only get 2 weeks out of him before the byes hit, so it's risky.
    Maybe wait til post round 11 and hope his price does not skyrocket, then bring him in.

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 12:20

I feel that franklin is the best option, he has bottomed out in price and I feel he is nearly a lock in the top 6 fowards.

Alex · 27/05/2015 at 19:01

Will D beams be a top 8 mid

Gryffindor · 27/05/2015 at 19:16

with rockliff back i think his output will slightly decrease but will be a top 15 mid and most likely top 10
    I'd look at players in more successful teams first eg sydney/freo mids, Lewis or sidebum for a POD

Jacob · 27/05/2015 at 22:26

Pretty confident he will be. And Rocky's presence wont effect is scoring, if anything it will increase his scroing ability. He will play his normal outside role with a bit of inside work rather than purely being the inside man at Brisbane which doesnt suit his game as much. Averaged 115 and 122 in his two full seasons as a Premo. He's a gun!

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 10:48

He could be, scored a 100 with Rocketman in the team

Gryffindor · 27/05/2015 at 19:14

Somehow i'm ranked a tick over 4000 with a backline of Shaw, Pittard, Saad, Oxley, Ibbotson, Newnes, Kmac, Lever
I'm waiting till the byes to bring in premos.

Community who do you think will be top 5 defenders after the byes to bring in?

TOM · 27/05/2015 at 20:09

Hodge, Gibson

Derek · 27/05/2015 at 20:17

Malceski, Simpson, mcgoven

TOM · 27/05/2015 at 20:09

Thoughts on my team? $114,000 in the bank. Not sure wether to bring in Rocky or someone like Lewis or Sidebum

Shaw, Gibson, Simpson, Newnes, Oxley, Saad, McIntosh, Lever
Fyfe, JPK, Beams, Selwood, Parker, Treloar, Cripps, CEY, Steele, Miller, McKenzie
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Clark, Hogan, Tarrent, Krak, Lonie

Thoughts?

SCaddict · 27/05/2015 at 20:28

Just keep it simple with Cripps –> Rocky I reckon. No other moves required this week.

throttlefinger · 27/05/2015 at 22:09

Would agree with SCaddict although would try to offload Lonie. Has a high BE and he's not going to earn you any more money. Best to cull when the culling is good. Dearth of options but if you see one worth the risk, take it. Leaning toward Dale but depends on selection. Will sit on bench regardless.

throttlefinger · 27/05/2015 at 20:10

Top notch as always, Dex. Blicavs is a wish player…as in "wish I would've made my R2." Have Goldie/Mummy so can't complain but the loot saved would've made things much easier off the gun.

Speaking of, who would you put in your "wish I would've" team, Dex?

LEKD0G · 27/05/2015 at 21:10

Neale, Shiel and anyone else that rhymes with them…

throttlefinger · 27/05/2015 at 21:52

Haha.

TOM · 28/05/2015 at 07:18

Steele (Sidebum)

Sarah · 28/05/2015 at 12:11

I tell you who I wish I didn't start with… Griffin!

northernsoul74 · 28/05/2015 at 13:27

I'll add Bellchambers at R2 as wishing I hadn't started with.

Kev · 28/05/2015 at 13:52

Steven @ 455k. Has him all preseason and went to Wines

SideBySidebottom · 30/05/2015 at 20:42

I went to beers first and then ended up going to spirits.

Bang Bang! · 27/05/2015 at 20:42

Thoughts on Stefan Martin? going to drop even more with a B/E of 161, would he be a good option over blicavs, jacobs, maric ect:
If not i will just go with Bliz

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 10:47

Goldstein is another option so wait a week

northernsoul74 · 28/05/2015 at 13:24

I'm desperate to get rid of TBC at R2 but have decided to wait as Stef Martin is the one I want. Already have Goldy

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:19

I have got Goldy and Nic Nat and I feel Martin or Mummy are better options than Blicavs. He has been playing well but he still hasn't showed a full consistent season and I don't feel I can trust him.

Robbo · 27/05/2015 at 20:44

Thoughts on my team pleasee 🙂

Backs: Shaw, Docherty, gibson, newnes, Saad, mcintosh

Mids: Fyfe, pendlebury, shiel, keneddy, dangerfield, selwood, lewis, rockliff

Rucks: Goldstein, jacobs

Forwards: Gray, martin, goddard, franklin, T mitchell, Tarrant

Thoughts please !!

6 of my 8 bench players play ! And i have 17 trades left 🙂

Bang Bang! · 27/05/2015 at 20:53

good bloody team mate! now all i would look to do is upgrade Tarrant to a devon or buddy or daul.
    If ya dont have the money go 1 up 1 down, maybe trade a expensive rookie of yours in eg: Mitch Clark, CEY, and get someone in like a dale or stretch or even a menadue (just watch the lineups)

Robbo · 27/05/2015 at 20:55

Thanks !! Already got buddy but would devon smith or bennel be a good pick ?

Bang Bang! · 27/05/2015 at 21:00

haha sorry missed buddy, im closely watching devon and daul, but i haven't seen much of benell tbh but he looks like an alright option, but if ya were 2 pick out of the 2 i would go devon but thats just personal preference

Glorin · 28/05/2015 at 04:52

I've had bennell from start. Wanted to rage trade him a few times, but he has a high ceiling and is a POD to most sides cookie cutter forward line.
        everyone will go Franklin, smith and dalhaus from here. I like having the POD despite the stress!

northernsoul74 · 28/05/2015 at 13:22

Great team. I'd be holding trades at the moment until a decent downgrade for Tarrant appears.

Hazey · 27/05/2015 at 20:56

The wife’s pretty happy with her Lycett to Blicavs after round 2!

LEKD0G · 27/05/2015 at 21:10

That was a smart move

The Ranger · 27/05/2015 at 21:54

Nice article Dex, I had him and Fyfe in one of my preseason teams but somehow ended up with neither.
Words cannot explain how much that little memory pains me….
Seriously considering him as my F6 now.
This would give me the ruck cover I've never had and hopefully100pts a week, is this a good plan?
Is anyone else considering this as a post byes plan?

SCaddict · 28/05/2015 at 00:48

Unfortunately Blicavs is RUCK/MID only Ranger. I think he'd be in nearly every team by now if he had FWD eligibility given the paucity of ruck cover options there.

The Ranger · 28/05/2015 at 09:39

Oops! My bad.
      Wishful thinking…

Dave · 27/05/2015 at 22:40

Michael Hurley ??????

hedski · 27/05/2015 at 23:01

Dud. But I have “pityitradedinthattard”

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 10:46

Interesting pick, if you can afford him, go for it as a POD

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 16:39

Too risky for my team but if you feel he is a good pick go for it.

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:15

To risky for me, but if you like him trust your gut

Tophawk · 27/05/2015 at 23:22

I am not happy with my forward line.

140K in the kitty and 20 trades in the bank.

Here is my line up,

DEF: H.Shaw, J Newnes, A.Saad, S.Docherty, J.Mc Govern, A.Oxley. (Emc- N.Brown, K. Mc Intosh)

MID: N.Fyfe, S.Pendlebury, L.Parker, T.Rockliff, B.Goddard, D. Martin, A.Vandenberg, C.Ellis Yolmen (Emc- E.Mc Kenzie, T.Miller, N. Krakouer)

RUC: T.Goldstein, I.Maric (Emc T.Reid)

FWD: R.Gray, T.Walker, M.Bontempelli, D.Swan, J.Hogan, M.Clarke (Emc- R.Tarrant, T. Bellchambers)

Feedback much appreciated

Glorin · 28/05/2015 at 05:17

You have too much cash sitting on your fwd bench. Trade out 2 of Hogan, Clarke, tarrant or bell chambers. ( Leave him if you want ruck cover ).Both Goddard and Martin moved forward will make it look better. I would then bring in premo mid, best you can depending on bye structure, and rookie, then play miller on field. Should end up with some cash left over. Good luck.

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 10:45

McIntosh-Menadue/Dawson/Dumont (swing McKenzie) and Tarrant to Mid Premo (Shiel?) (Swing Martin/Goddard). Too many fwd premos in midfield

northernsoul74 · 28/05/2015 at 13:20

Put Goddard and Martin in your forward line and I'd be pretty happy.

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:08

Overall its not a bad team, interested to know how many trades you have left at some point in the coming week I would recommend that you swing Goddard or Martin and try and bring in a reliable mid premo maybe Kennedy or even Sidebum who is a bit of a point of difference.

Be wary of who you are trading in and when there buys are.

Tyler · 28/05/2015 at 07:30

Anyone know Touk Miller's Breakeven?

Who is better to trade out of my team now out of Miller and Tarrant?

chandanrajdb · 28/05/2015 at 08:34

Miller's BE = 62 and his average = 73

Tarrant BE = 79 and his average = 83

Cheers,
    Raj

Jambo · 28/05/2015 at 08:49

Since Hansen came back in, until last week, Tarrant consistently scored 78. Trade.

Tyler · 28/05/2015 at 19:29

Yeah when everyone was picking up tarrant I knew his big scores was because he was playing hansens role while he was out. Didn’t realise he was back in, will be trading tarrant out this week

@themisfitsSC · 28/05/2015 at 13:35

depends on you bye structures, miller has rnd 12 bye Tarrant handy with rnd 13

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:14

This is a hard decision, but id probably trade out Miller because Tarrant has a handy rd 13 bye

Jackie · 28/05/2015 at 08:11

Who should I downgrade TBC out for?

Nuggety · 28/05/2015 at 10:03

Not too many good options. If you’re not keen on Dale’s job security which is pretty suspect you could take a risk and go down to Steele or H.Goddard and hope they play soon. If they don’t you might suffer in the byes but will open up dpp links.

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:12

Im assuming he is in your fwd line if so there are really no good options, but if you had to downgrade him Dale would be your best option.

Pete444 · 28/05/2015 at 10:42

who to play this week on the field
m clark or r Tarrant
CEY or T miller

@themisfitsSC · 28/05/2015 at 13:34

clark and miller I think best options

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 16:38

Tarrant and Miller.

brook · 28/05/2015 at 11:19

rookies: menadue, amon, dumont, dale, dawson, mcbean, nothing or quit supercoach?

Kev · 28/05/2015 at 13:48

Don't stress mate, rooks always come along

brook · 28/05/2015 at 14:41

but i need one this week to grab rocky … thinking of taking a punt on one … possibly amon (has been sub every game but may get a go given their poor form). glenn next week hopefully

Paul Walnuts · 28/05/2015 at 15:06

M.Dick – Def/Mid – will probably come in for Judd & Gibbs who will be out – just another option

BomberSam · 28/05/2015 at 11:55

Cripps to Biggs, Miller to Pendles. Gives me a midfield of: Fyfe, Pendles, Priddis, JPK, Dangerfield, Selwood, Rockliff and Griffen. Thoughts?

Danners16 · 28/05/2015 at 12:59

I would wait a week before jumping on Biggs, if you desperately need someone now, probably look at Dawson/Dumont/Menadue otherwise Pendles is a vital cog in any Supercoach team

Rick Grimes · 28/05/2015 at 13:05

Get rid of Griffen. He's a spud.

Kev · 28/05/2015 at 13:47

Consider Amon from Port as well. Huge sub risk, but for downgrade purposes stick him on your bench and he could be a slow burn and play often with Cornes now exiting

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 16:36

Nice trades but I would wait a week on Biggs since he has only played one game and he is 200k which is a little high for a rookie.

@themisfitsSC · 28/05/2015 at 13:04

great work dex wish I stuck with him as was in my preseason plans. and love the feed back from community also im rolling into byes with current structure and have planned 2-3 swift moves after the byes let me know what you think

backs: tmac , houli , shaw, Oxley , saad , Kelly (dmac and lever)

mids: fyfe , pendles , neale , priddis , kennedy , beams , danger , rockliff (cey , Menadue , steele)

rucks: goldy , maric (Obrien)

forwards: gray , martin , swan , bont , taz , clark (lambert, krakour)

currently ranked 391 and hoping this week is big for me

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:10

Great work, hope you can keep moving up the ranks. Wondering how many trades you have left?

@themisfitsSC · 28/05/2015 at 20:10

thanks mate sitting with 19 trades left in the kitty and 132k in bank

Bang Bang! · 28/05/2015 at 16:54

DEVON
DAUL
LIDS
which pick?

pagans pattick · 28/05/2015 at 16:55

Is Deledio still injured? thinking of bringing him in but don't want him on if he is still sore

WombatsFC · 29/05/2015 at 01:22

Very high risk at the pointy end mate. If the yellow striped pussies look like making the finals he will will definitely have at least 1 week off during the SC finals.

Stevo · 28/05/2015 at 17:07

Cripps or Miller out for Rocky?

Crowmagnon · 28/05/2015 at 17:20

Miller. Look at sun's run to the bye. Ugly!

WombatsFC · 29/05/2015 at 01:25

Neither of them for rocky mate, I seriously doubt that he or selwood will be a top 12 mid at this seasons end.

Alex · 28/05/2015 at 17:15

Should I keep holding Sloane?

@themisfitsSC · 28/05/2015 at 20:17

yeah another week or 2 cant hurt

WombatsFC · 29/05/2015 at 01:25

Nah mate you can let go now.

hedski · 28/05/2015 at 17:31

How many trades should we have in the pocket after the byes?

Youngy · 28/05/2015 at 19:11

Is it just me or is Buddy some what of a no brainer if you can get him in this week?

WombatsFC · 29/05/2015 at 01:35

Excellent write up Dex. I traded him in for Luey after round 1 based on confusion about ruck output, his 12 contested pozzies in round 1, his obvious job security and, his NAB scores. During NAB he only had the one game where he scored at less than 1.1 ppm
However, having him is not necessarily the bonus you might think it to be ( apart from the cash & scores) I have the weekly dilemma of do I trade him out now for mummy or sauce or, do I trade a rookie mid and put Blic in the middle.

murray · 29/05/2015 at 09:08

Unfortunately I have TBC as R2. What are your views on Jake spencer ruck from melb?? Only 344K ave91 last game 115.

thinking of trading TBC for him, using Spencer to rise in value up to his round13 bye, then trade him for a premo like Jacobs, Mumford or Maric who I think will fall in price again over the next 4-5 weeks. I just cant see TBC going up, in fact is likely to start bleeding cash.

Is this sound SC strategy? what do you all think?