Concrete Booking Agency

TG Footy Tracgic - Dexter

Community, I’m not going to lie. I had seriously considered throwing in the towel after this week. Sloane, Lewis, Ellis-Yolmen & Saad were all out. Griffin, Selwood & Pendles were Crap – Cripps a late out gave me a doughnut. Lumumba is crap.

McIntosh, McKenzie & Brown were on-field. I had Salem on-field over Clark. I lost all 10 of my head-to-head matchups this week and dropped down to 3,163 overall with a paltry 1989.

I will not give up. I will not falter. I may have been kicked in the nuts – my team’s proverbial testicles were ruptured; but like Kelly – we will rise from the ashes. He didn’t moan, he didn’t whine; he laughed – He took it in his stride. That’s what I’ll do. I’ll get back on the horse and trade my way to success.

I don’t want to say it, but Jack Ziebell presents us with some value this week community.

Back-to-back tons and a 3 week average of 102.3 SC – for a $434k FWD/MID – is something to notice.

Ziebell started 2015 as expected an 82 in round 1, but round 2 saw a monolith score of 150 to average of 116 from the first 2 – Inconsistent.

Round 3 wasn’t expected.

Nine minutes into round 3, Ziebell, (as he usually does) barrelled – chest first – into Ollie Wine’s hips in a bad attempt to spoil; injuring himself in the process. It looked bad. Ziebell was hunched over coughing up blood – he was subsequently subbed out of the game and rushed to hospital, where they feared he had ruptured a lung. It turned out Ziebell had just burst some capillaries in his lungs and was cleared to play next game.

That score of 4 stayed in his 3 round average and kept his price low. His following 2 games were normal, or what we expect from Ziebell, with scores of 80 and 89 respectively. This could be attributed to his recovery from the bruised lungs. It could be coincidental.

For Ziebell’s last two games – he’s broken the ton in both. What has my interest piqued is the fact he scored his latest ton from 29 disposals, at an efficiency of 55% and only 1 tackle. The week prior he only had 16 disposals at 68% efficiency and 9 tackles. This shows – while his numbers can be inconsistent – he can still break the ton without the disposals behind him.

If we remove his injury-affected 4 from his average, he’s tracking at a respectable 103.2 SC, with no sub 80 scores. From a $434k forward, that’s not bad.

Ziebell is averaging 21.5 disposals at 60% Disposal efficiency, of which half are contested. The best part – 78% of his disposals have been kicks. He’s averaging a shade under 6 tackles a game and 5.2 clearances. These are all numbers that indicate a midfield role. Juicy.

(All averages stated are removing the game where he was subbed out with injury.)

See the stats here:

Ziebell

Now, I’m not going to say he will average 110 from here on out and be a steal – the opposite in fact. I think he will be a major risk, especially at his asking price. He’s going to score 80’s, but he’s also going to score you 150’s. Put simply – Ziebell is a flat-track-bully.

His three tons in 2015 have come against Lions (150), Richmond (102) and Essendon (116). His next 4 games aren’t very appealing though; Fremantle (A), Collingwood (H), West Coast (H) & Sydney (H). I’d bank one ton out of that.

What really makes me want to pick him is his finals run. (Remember, finals are ran from rounds’ 19-22 this year.) He plays Melbourne (H), St. Kilda (H), Fremantle (H) and Western Bulldogs (H). Bank 3 out of 4 tons there, possibly some monster scores in there as well.

North Melbourne, they’re a hard beast to predict. They switch on one week and go missing the next – so take the aforementioned with a grain of salt. I will be seriously considering Ziebell for his ability to go large, and the hope he will increase his floor. If he still scores his large scores, and betters his crap scores from the 40-50’s to 60-70’s, he’ll go a long way to premium status. I think he’ll push a 90-95 average from here on out.

What do you think community? Is Ziebell worth the punt? Is he too risky or over-priced? We’d love to hear from you!

I N Pieman · 20/05/2015 at 13:17

We both copped the same carnage last round Dex. Worst week of SC I think I’ve ever had. But we move on. Have been thinking about Ziebell. Not ruling it out but probably other priorities. Top notch as always mate.

Dex_ · 20/05/2015 at 13:23

Cheers Pie.
    I always try to write up on an alternate player. It would be boring if I endorsed the obvious pick of the week 🙂

Hugo · 20/05/2015 at 13:17

Very tasty. Maybe a Salem upgrade

Mister_Spock · 20/05/2015 at 13:18

Not convinced on Ziebell as he hasn't averaged over 95k for his career, but perhaps an option as F6 going forward and agree re good finals run and his price is hard to ignore. Feel like from a forwards point of view it's Ziebell vs Titch this week – both are risky picks.

From a midfield perspective, hard to put Ziebell ahead of guys like Kieren Jack who has dropped in price significantly, but has proven scoring potential and may even be a better/safer pick than Mitchell

Dex_ · 20/05/2015 at 13:24

Agree Spock.

Titch and Ziebs both risky – Titch has more upside, but Ziebs can go large.

I wouldn't put Ziebell in mids – he's up here as a forward option.

liam · 20/05/2015 at 13:26

Hi dex, thanks again for a player really worth pondering over. i could imagine bringing him in and out of my team ten times before i settled on a decision. i love to watch him play and if he could step up the consistency would be a beast of the game. whether he is supercoach relevant i'm not sure. however you touched on something i was pondering recently, the finals. players like Ziebell who have a good supercoach finals draw get an extra tick in the positive side.

Dex_ · 20/05/2015 at 13:29

Cheers Liam.

Yes, not all of us play for rank – and by the end, most of us go for the flag.

That's when these types will be invaluable. He's definitely not a safe pick, but may reward those of us that like a good risk.

Ian Balfour · 20/05/2015 at 13:28

Are you sure Jelly did not moan, groan and cry even just a little bit?? Other wise interesting advice and Ziebell is one to watch!

Dex_ · 20/05/2015 at 13:31

Yeah, i saw the Cat's interview vid – he took it in his stride and had a chuckle over it (when he realised it wasn't serious)

sam siddall · 20/05/2015 at 13:35

Got him last week even cheaper think it was 390k…..?

sam siddall · 20/05/2015 at 13:35

Sorry 2 weeks ago

r2d2 · 20/05/2015 at 14:09

Good write up Dex ! Thoughts on thurlow ?

I N Pieman · 20/05/2015 at 14:22

If you have plenty of trades up yor sleeve he could be a good pick. If you bring him in factor in another probable trade to get rid of him. Mid price defenders are fraught with danger.

r2d2 · 20/05/2015 at 14:26

Or vandenberg out…. Lever in (via saad ) and t hunt too r murphy or birch

I N Pieman · 20/05/2015 at 14:55

The only upside of Vanders is the round 13 bye. He could still have some good scores in him. But if you still have CRIPPS & CEY get rid of him. Birch could be a good option. With the wipeout of all the top defenders this year he’s relevant

r2d2 · 20/05/2015 at 15:17

Have both CEY and Cripps yeah

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 14:12

I took Tmitch last week to cover Hogan….it paid off huge won all 10 games and scored 2287.

Ive considered Ziebell this week but I'm going to pass for now! Maybe pick him up during or after byes???

derek · 20/05/2015 at 14:24

i think you can only have one of either The Bont, Ziebell or TMitchell

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 14:33

Why only one of either? I have Tmitch and Bont.

Swans2012 · 20/05/2015 at 17:45

I have Ziebell and t Mitch, bought Ziebell as a speculative f6 or f7 loophole at worst @390k 2 weeks ago, let me get a rookie off the ground and couldn’t be happier, by the end of season hoping him and t Mitch will share the f6 spot.

brook · 20/05/2015 at 18:38

i agree … i have bont so cant grab titch except via a sideways … other priorities this week

derek · 20/05/2015 at 14:29

I saw the news today that Jack Sinclair had to go back onto the Saints Rookie list because Seb Ross has overcome his injury that put him on the long term injury list that gave Jack the promotion.

I was thinking about the other rookie promoted players ie: Krak. Who did he replace in the regular squad.

Can anyone else remember other promoted rookies this year and the people they replaced.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 14:34

Krak is the only one I know of??? I have him to.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 14:36

Frampton is who Krak replaced

I N Pieman · 20/05/2015 at 14:59

Frampton listed as 2-3 away. If he comes off the LTI list & Krak is still playing well they will put Polec on it. He’s listed as 7-9 away. If Krak is playing well port will find a way to keep him off the rookie list.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 15:06

Hope so he's doing well.

r2d2 · 20/05/2015 at 15:19

Think they can elevate a rookie for cornes ??? So when frampton no longer on LTI , they will just put krak back into rookie list , then upgrade him straight away for cornes …

MASO · 20/05/2015 at 17:25

does krak get to stay on list with cornes retiring ?

Seaford Scouse · 20/05/2015 at 18:41

Don’t think it holds for retirees, 1 player down on the list for the rest of the season with no replacement is the consequence I believe.

derek · 20/05/2015 at 16:04

I thought there were more.

I guess I had lambert, and then he got injured

tom · 20/05/2015 at 14:32

thoughts on Docherty? Underpriced

SCaddict · 20/05/2015 at 15:02

Probably a decent buy for the money but it's hard to get too excited about any Blues players given they are getting completely annihilated each weekend. Have the Cats and Swans coming up too so it's not going to get any easier for them any time soon.

tom · 20/05/2015 at 14:48

Vandenberg to Rocky

or

N Brown to premium defender

SCaddict · 20/05/2015 at 14:57

Tough choice if you have to play Brown on field. However if Brown is only a bench player for you then definitely go Vandy to Rocky.

There is a chance that Saad is back this week which may make the call more straight forward. I'm hoping to get either Pops Kelly and/or Saad back this week so I can get Brown off my field too.

Seaford Scouse · 20/05/2015 at 18:43

We have to get rocky on board Tom, although you should be able to pick him up next week similarly priced so trade to your needs this week, just make sure you have a path to get him next week.

Aled · 20/05/2015 at 14:51

snagged him at a bargain last week instead of titch up forward… will be very interesting to see how he goes. Ripper write up 🙂

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 15:04

Those wondering about CEY ….sounds like he's going to play this weekend?

I N Pieman · 20/05/2015 at 15:29

It does. Cripps & Saad as well

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 15:46

Oh really? I have Sadd hope he plays!

derek · 20/05/2015 at 16:05

great, they all have cash to be made before the bye rounds cull

Jacko1998 · 21/05/2015 at 09:30

big price increases this week i reckon

Skindog · 20/05/2015 at 17:55

Good news Pieman, starting to come together after a couple of shite weeks,,,

Chicko · 20/05/2015 at 15:30

Awesome Dex, always finding tasty temptations with which to offer the community. Quality write up mate. Like you, would want to see a lot more from Jack. I will watch for now. Can't afford the risk with him and Titch in my forward line.

jimmyjim · 20/05/2015 at 15:31

Need some help, looking to upgrade Oxley, best back for around 420K / 430K?

Daniel · 20/05/2015 at 15:36

brodie smith is a good pick

KJU FC · 20/05/2015 at 16:21

would wait on Smith.

maybe consider Docherty, he's been very solid this year.

I think he will be a top 10 defender

my sc team name is sammy primo's · 20/05/2015 at 16:28

Smith is a good pick but not this week the word is he aint going to play jasper pittard chould be a opiton for this week if smith doesnt get named

BKW · 21/05/2015 at 08:26

Yeah wait at least 2 games after Brodie returns, will likely be around $330k – very tasty option after byes (although somewhat risky with 2 concussions already this year)

Dan · 20/05/2015 at 17:37

Yeo if you are feeling adventurous

mcleal10 · 20/05/2015 at 18:57

I wouldnt trade until you are certain with a defender. Only defender I see with 100% certainty with is Tom McDonald but you can risk it for the biscuit.

Girdle · 20/05/2015 at 21:27

I’m not 100% on any defenders but you have to take a risk there at some stage. Can’t go all year with Oxley, Saad and McIntosh taking D5/D6

SCaddict · 20/05/2015 at 20:00

I'd hold this week with the Pies playing GC. Could be a lot of Pies that score well this round if recent history is any guide.

Plus proven quality in Kade Simpson should fall within your price range if you wait that extra week.

Nicholas · 20/05/2015 at 15:34

Hey Community I have a dilemma this week with only scoring a 2,101 last week and I currently have 21 trades.
Here is my team, not sure what to do this week.
Back- Shaw, Taylor, Oxley, Ibbotson, McIntosh, McKenzie (Lever, Hamling)
Mid- Fyfe, Priddis, Selwood, Griffen, Lewis, Miller, Cripps, Krakouer (Vandenberg, Saad, Ellis-Yolmen)
Ruck- Goldstein, Naitanui ( Read)
Forward- Swan, Goddard, Gray, Martin, Franklin, Tarrant ( Hogan, Clark)
I am currently ranked 8,879 and would really appreciate any advice what to do this week.
Was thinking of Rocky or Parker this week but I only have a lousy $150,300 in the bank.
Thinking of going vand to rockliffe and oxley to pearce to generate some cash.This leaves me with 160k for double upgrade next week. Not sure if I need to bring in Titch however. If glann is played ill probs trade oxley for him with dpp.
Thanks for your help.

my sc team name is sammy primo's · 20/05/2015 at 16:20

mate this week im doing the same vanderberg to rocky its a no brainer rocky is not going to be this cheap for long plus chould be a temporary pod to improve your overall rank as alot of coaches are going.to hold off another week or two but we need to take risks, we can smell the monsters scores coming both of your trades are valid back your self and your gut feeling last week i had a feeling about matt priddis he wasn’t getting any cheper had sloane traded him out for priddis clawed back about 1250 places overall only 5.3% coaches have him and no ones getting him in now his too expensive went with my gut. The other option you may consider is boomer harvey ill be stuffing him in next week hoping he doesnt decide to pull the monster out this week as we know he can Sammys primo’s is my sc team name if you would like to check out team and rank out good luck mate

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 20/05/2015 at 21:23

Did the same trade sloane to priddus and got some reward out of parker as have had since rd 1. The mullett also repaid the faith in rd 1 selection. You gotta back your gut, by all means listen to advice but back your gut. Trade if you need to lti or upgrades but hold your premos. Jump on the fallen from the fat cow. Think i moved 10000 places this week into top 5000. Top 500 for the week, Just gotta ride the wave.

Dann · 20/05/2015 at 17:44

Pendles will be probably as low as he will be all season next week, Deledio too, couple others as well if you don't have anything to urgant this week maybe you could wait.

Nicholas · 20/05/2015 at 21:07

i mean it leaves me with 260k next week for double upgrade

General Soreness · 20/05/2015 at 15:54

Dex great write up again mate I would hate to think how many stones you turn over to uncover these underpriced but relevant players. Thanks mate.

On to Ziebell – DPP is appealing but his ability ability to run into people with his head overrules everything else.

my sc team name is sammy primo's · 20/05/2015 at 15:57

I reckon is almost right for the picking on more week to see what he scores his risky jack

demon · 20/05/2015 at 15:58

It's interesting to compare fyfe to ziebell.
Both are high percentage contested bal winners with poor efficiency, until this year, in which fyfe has started to handball more than kicking resulting in his DE % greatly increasing .
Due to the nature of contested footy it's extremely difficult the have both a high Kick/Handball ratio and good DE% as many of the quick kicks out of a pack result in clangers detrimental to point scoring.

To cut a long story short, I think if ziebell opted to handball more to teamateswhen surrounded in the contest his scoring will increase or at least be more consistent.

Not for me this year, but Ill watch with interest

Jim · 20/05/2015 at 16:04

Thoughts on bringing in Ollie Wines?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 16:11

I wouldnt right now….might wanna wait

TOM · 20/05/2015 at 16:15

Thoughts on Vandenberg and Lonie to Rocky and Lever via DPP with 100,000 remaining. Then next week can trade Hogan and or Salem

Brett · 20/05/2015 at 19:19

Tom – that's precisely what I am doing (so I like it)!!

Vberg and Lonie both with high breakevens, and sounds like they love Lever down at the Crows. Surely he plays in front of Hartigan?

mcleal10 · 20/05/2015 at 16:21

Who should by on field out of:
Touk Miller
Krakouer
Ellis Yolmen
Robbie Tarrant

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 16:27

all are good on the field….use in order of matches??? I'd be playing them all….but I only have 3 of the 4 and all 3 will be on the field ….I dont have CEY

mcleal10 · 20/05/2015 at 18:56

This is for my midfield. I only have 2 spots on field but I can swing Krak into forward and play Tarrant who's on bench.

Josh · 20/05/2015 at 20:04

In order
    Touk miller
    CEY
    Tarrant
    Krak

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 13:46

i would avoid CEY on field this week. back from a hammy. if he avoids the snot he could re-injure the hammy, but i rekon he may cop the snot vest

my sc team name is sammy primo's · 20/05/2015 at 16:30

Hogen toHarvey or franklin or pavlich ?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 16:51

Neither right now….Franklin next week!

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 13:47

If you have to make the trade go Harvey as a POD. if you dont need a POD then Franklin. stay away from Pavilch

finsharkey · 20/05/2015 at 16:31

ziebell or treloar for vandenberg:

– ziebell would be brought in as a mid then replace salem at f6 with the fwd line completed (dusty, buddy, bont, gray, mitchell, salem, tarrant, clark currently) im in no rush to finish my fwd line…

– or get treloar as my m8 for the rest of the year

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 16:50

Treloar……..Ive had Treloar since day 1

Tom · 20/05/2015 at 17:00

Are these trades any good?

Trade 1: Oxley to Lever

Trade 2: Vandenberg to Priddis

This leaves me with 200k in the bank.

This will allow me to go Cripps to Pendels and Hogan to Rocky( Via DPP)

Any suggestions?

I N Pieman · 20/05/2015 at 17:20

If Oxley is a bench player for you go for it. If it means you need Lever on the field Id seriously reconsider. He’s probably a 50-60 type player

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 17:26

Yeah….I'm actually thinking of passing on Lever even though he's on the bubble dont think he will do a whole lot or make any sort of impact but I could be wrong? If he was a 117,000 or 123,000 I would do it but he's @ 157,000 not so sure?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 17:27

I'm keeping Oxley for now

FootyFanatic · 20/05/2015 at 17:09

Jumped on Ziebell last week and am very happy with him so far

Tom · 20/05/2015 at 17:18

Hogan to Rocky via DPP or Brown to Docherty?

If I go Hogan to Rocky I will have to field either Brown or Lever and I think this will hurt my overall rank which is currently 993rd.

thoughts?

Phil · 20/05/2015 at 18:03

In your situation it might be worth holding off Rocky for 1 week (he won't go up that much) although I'm not completely sold on Docherty either.

Ryan · 20/05/2015 at 17:24

Who is the best downgrade option out of Glenn, Lever, Leslie and Dale?

Liam · 20/05/2015 at 17:32

Lever because he is on the bubble

Swans2012 · 20/05/2015 at 17:52

glenn is on the bubble as well and 30k cheaper, consider Glenn if named

mcleal10 · 20/05/2015 at 18:55

You want someone who is on the bubble and named. Wait until teams are announced and only go for that bubble.

nick · 20/05/2015 at 17:26

I still have k simpson warming the bench down back. When he does play next he is likely to drop another 20k. Thoughts on keeping him or trading him for the likes of rance, houli etc.

Phil · 20/05/2015 at 18:04

I'd keep, Catlton need there leaders to stand up.

Derek · 20/05/2015 at 19:24

He is a keeper. Doesn’t matter what his price is

Francis · 20/05/2015 at 17:30

Rockliff or Titch?

Josh · 20/05/2015 at 18:38

rockilff

mcleal10 · 20/05/2015 at 18:54

Rockliff has the job security and proven prior scoring. Titch hasn't got the best JS and isn't really proven.

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 13:48

rocky

Josh · 20/05/2015 at 17:32

does anyone now if mitch wallis tagged on the weekend going either him or griffen to priddis this week and the other to rocky next week

Redgumwon · 20/05/2015 at 21:00

I've got Mitch as well and I think he and a couple of others spent a little time trying to run with Fyfe.

Liam · 20/05/2015 at 17:35

What are your thoughts on Matthew Pavlich as a smokey POD??

He is priced at just 458k with an average of 101.3 and a BE of 49.

Thoughts community?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 17:38

Why not betts????

Josh · 20/05/2015 at 17:45

good start to the year unsure if he can keep it up and likely to get rested later on

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 17:47

No way……with all the injuries hes actually the main man in ADL….Pav is injury prone and always get concussed every other game

Josh · 20/05/2015 at 17:59

i was referring to pav

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 19:31

oh ok…well if you want Pav go for it! Think Betts is better option

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 13:48

he is exactly that
    POD
    if you have one then hold on pav
    sometimes we dont get POD just to have one. i think Keiran Jack is a better POD this week

Liam · 20/05/2015 at 17:42

Great stuff as always Dex
Would love to hear your thoughts on these trades community.
Oxley to Lever
Salem to Rocky via krak dpp
Cheers

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 17:48

Keep Oxley!!! Salem to Rock good!!!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 17:51

Not sure lever is worth it even though he's on the bubble…….Oxley is not a must trade unless you need cash? but it's not worth it for even the cash Oxley will out score him for sure!!!!

Liam · 20/05/2015 at 17:53

But his breakeven is 95!!
        He is defiantly going to go down in price.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 18:35

Yeah Oxley will but not much….he will score more and after the next cycle he could go higher but lever wont!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 18:36

Oxley job security is much and far more higher than Lever as well as points!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 18:38

I'll take the hit on Oxley because he wont lose that much and worth keeping in the long run over Lever and has more upside!

Liam · 20/05/2015 at 18:48

is it worth downgrading another rookie like McIntosh

Tom · 20/05/2015 at 20:16

Yeah, McIntosh is a mush better downgrade option instead of Oxley.
                  Also pick Glenn over Lever if he is named and you have the appropriate dips.

Liam · 20/05/2015 at 20:16

Cheers Tom

Tony · 20/05/2015 at 17:44

Great analysis there Dex. I can't see him being a top 6 fwd or top 8 mid at the end of the year so he's not for me.

Captain Pugwash · 20/05/2015 at 17:54

Will (no pun intended) Minson be in this week.

Cordy is useless. 37 Disposals 39 HO in 4 Weeks.

Thoughts?

mcleal10 · 20/05/2015 at 18:53

The coach seems to like Cordy's effort. Not sure if we'll see Minson until Cordy needs a rest or at least until bulldogs vs a team like Kangas since Minson usually dominates.

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 13:49

i think because doggies were winning the coach did tchange anything. now they have that loss i think Minson will be back in… that said, theres a reason they are staying with cordy. so wait for teams to be named tonight

Swans2012 · 20/05/2015 at 17:57

i think he’ll aberage 100 from here, but it’ll be a stressful 100, an 80 80 140 type of 100 average, but as long as he gets there I’ll be happy. Admittedly I’m biased as I bought him in a fortnight ago for 390k and he’s killed it since. Hoping he’s my loophole/cover f7m9 by just after the byes

Swans2012 · 20/05/2015 at 17:59

And surely swallow out is a good thing for him

KJU FC · 20/05/2015 at 18:37

how long is Swallow out for?

didn't even think about that

Him being out will definitely influence Ziebells score in a good way!

I will have to reconsider my trades and hit that reverse button for the 32nd time this week now

Swans2012 · 20/05/2015 at 20:10

Thumb surgery, 1-3 weeks they are saying, I’m tipping closer to 3-4, just long enough for Ziebell to secure his position as norths main in and under man

Charlesy · 20/05/2015 at 17:59

Not for me Dex but like everyone else I love you doing thought provoking articles. Thanks mate

Phil · 20/05/2015 at 18:10

I'm not a big fan of taking out low injury affected scores out of a injury prone players season average to justify trading him in underpriced. It's not so much that Ziebell is injury prone but probably more so just seems to get himself knocked out or something.
Having said that wouldn't be the worst pick (the DPP could make him a handy M9/F7 floater) just not for me.

Leon · 20/05/2015 at 18:31

Have a few trade options this week, was wondering if I could get everyone's advice.
1. Griffen – Rocky
2. Griffen – Rokcy & K Jack – Parker
3. Clark – Ziebell & K Mac – Lever
4. Oxley – Tom McDonald & K Mac – Lever
5. Hold

Have 20 trades right now.

Thanks

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 18:44

Get Rocky!!!!! Now is the time!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 18:45

Keep Oxley!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 18:46

Keep Kmac still makes money not much but wait on Oxley and Kmac

Leon · 20/05/2015 at 19:04

So option 1 or 2?

Jarrod · 20/05/2015 at 19:25

TOM · 20/05/2015 at 18:38

Thoughts on Vandenberg and Lonie to Rocky and Lever dia DPP then next week hopefully Salem down to someone and Cripps to a premo mid?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 18:43

I'm staying away from Lever. Rocky for sure!

TOM · 20/05/2015 at 18:53

Otherwise I could go to Glenn…

TOM · 20/05/2015 at 18:54

or are there any other rookies you suggest in the midfield or forward?

r2d2 · 21/05/2015 at 00:21

Amon

Alex · 20/05/2015 at 18:45

i respect your call Dex but id rather go for a Tom Mitchell type player

mac · 20/05/2015 at 18:54

Is it wise for me to trade Hogan and Lonie this week rather than Salem as Salem won't lose money?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 19:01

You will lose money on Salem & Lonie…….trade Salem. & lonie…u can keep hogan for 1 more week if you want?

mac · 20/05/2015 at 19:09

Salem is out, so how will he lose money?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 20:13

Your right I'm sorry….thinking of last week

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 20:16

Brain fart…….Keep Hogan and Salem….Hogan is suppose to play nothing really to lose….I would trade Lonie?

Donavan · 20/05/2015 at 21:07

Makes sense to move on Hogan & Lonie before Salem. Good chance that Lonie may not play either, given he was concussed.

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 13:51

hold and see the teams. Hogan might not be named either so wait and see what happens at 6.30pm tonight

Zilla · 20/05/2015 at 19:01

Thanks Dex you have just screwed my POD
Bugger Off

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 13:52

haha
    thats the nature of the Jocj Reynolds community.
    Sharing wisdoms and helping each other reach the elitehood of supercoach glory

Tomp · 20/05/2015 at 19:14

Hogan and Vandenberg out for Lever and Rocky via DPPS + 100k

or

Vandenberg and Nathan Brown out for Lever and Docherty + 50k to upgrade cripps/griffen to rocky next week

if I go with the first one I will have to field Brown or Lever for a week or two

thoughts?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 19:17

#2

Jarrod · 20/05/2015 at 19:17

Thoughts on my team:$127,000 in the bank

Shaw, Simpson, Gibson, Newnes, Saad, McKenzie, McIntosh, Oxley
Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, JPK, Parker, Cripps, CEY, Steele, Krak, Vandenberg, Miller
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Swan, Martin, Tarrent, Clark, Hogan, Salem, Lonie

What trades should I do this week?

Crowmagnon · 20/05/2015 at 20:35

I would trade Vandenberg out, and if named trade in glenn or swing Mckenzie to mid and trade in lever.
    then I would trade out one of Salem or lonie, swing krak forward and put Rocky straight in to your midfield.
    Simple.

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:01

swap Krak into FWD
    Trade out Vandenberg for Rocky
    then
    Swap Saad or Mackenzie into the MID
    trade out Cripps for Lever

Tomp · 20/05/2015 at 19:20

thoughts on Baley Dale?

I wont be brining him in this week but do we think he has good job security?

Im pretty sure he started sub so hes score of 50 is quite good

Stickman · 20/05/2015 at 23:36

Hard to read into. If named sub again JS couldn't be too high. Not sure who will come back to take the spot though as at the moment only Morris and Minson are players in their best 22 who need to return.

BKW · 21/05/2015 at 08:38

That’s incorrect – we also had Jack Macrae running around in the VFL last week and he’ll almost certainly return after a BOG effort.

Hrovat also had a big game kicking 4 as did Jarrad Grant – Honeychurch will likely be out with a shoulder so Macrae takes that, but Dale is a fringe player at best lads – I’m not going near him.

Derek · 20/05/2015 at 19:28

I’ve decided that Getting rid of TBC is more important than getting Rocky this week.

Crouchings story of the leather mine made a lot of sends to be

Cripps to Rocky next week, as long as they increase in price about the same

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 19:41

so who you getting for TBC

Derek · 20/05/2015 at 19:52

Sauce in for TBC

TheCompletePackage · 20/05/2015 at 22:07

I also looked to rid my team of TBC this week, but in the end decided to leave it one more week. But he's DEFINITELY out next week.

Took a look at Jacobs who has a 101 average but his scoring this year is too inconsistent. One week great, the next week poor. I like a bit more week to week reliability. I'm also concerned that the light pre-season due to knee injury might find him out in the back half of the season….if he get's through unscathed. That Reilly O'Brien has been edging closer to getting a game (named on an extended bench lately – but no cigar) suggests the Crows are mindful of giving Sauce some relief as well. Maybe they have the same concerns.

He's a risk for mine – I'm looking elsewhere.

SCaddict · 20/05/2015 at 19:51

Yes moving on TBC is a more pressing priority for me this week too Derek. Rocky will just have to wait another week even if he ends up costing another $10K or $20K more.

r2d2 · 21/05/2015 at 00:23

Tbc to Ryder had always been my plan , cause I have tvc in fwd line , but looking at Ryder BE may wait 1 more week

Harry · 20/05/2015 at 22:28

I'm actually holding TBC for a while.
    1) he's had a crack in his kneee since pre season, Apparently he's only 100% as of a week ago and now ready to go
    2) the DPP flexibility is huge for the byes.
    I might consider trading him after the byes but not until then

panther · 20/05/2015 at 19:55

trading out Oxley because of a high should i trade him to thurlow or laird

panther · 20/05/2015 at 19:56

high (be)*

BKW · 21/05/2015 at 08:40

No, either trade down to a rookie or up to a true premium player – laird might be ok but not a huge fan of either of these options personally

Slats · 20/05/2015 at 20:12

Trade this week will probably be Salem to Rockliff & Lumumba to Birchall, thoughts anyone, Birchall has been pretty consistent so far & is a bit of a POD

TheCompletePackage · 20/05/2015 at 22:46

With Birchall you know what you're getting (consistency and a mid-90's average) which is half the battle this year with the DEFs. And he's in only 4% of teams.
    Nice work Slats. Looks like this page wasn't a waste after all.

TheCompletePackage · 20/05/2015 at 22:55

Just watch for any signs of him not finishing the year strongly due to his interrupted pre-season. But his 7 week injury in 2013 didn't slow him down any so he should be right.

l. Gibbs · 20/05/2015 at 20:17

was thinking, Ryan griffen to Beams and Lumumba to Rockliff via dpp toughts? better options for beams not worried about cash??

Stickman · 20/05/2015 at 23:33

I myself was thinking about JPK or Priddis, but everyone is bringing in Priddis. I feel like both trades are sideways and would avoid, but after last week's score I don't think I have the right to give too much advice to others.

'sauce' · 20/05/2015 at 20:28

Cripps-rockliff
Gibson-McDonald
Tbc-Jacobs
Tarrant-franklin

Which trades should I do in order?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 20:50

Think you should keep Cripps for 1 more week and see how he does?

Why gibson to Tmac??? seems like a waste of a trade?

TBC to jacabos seems to be good!?!?
    No on Tarrant he can still make you money and Buddyy will probably lose more money this week!

I'm taking Buddy next week after Hawthorn!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 20:56

Only good or sensible trade is TBC to Jacobs!!!!
      If you have Salem or Hogan in FWD line then trade for Buddy…..but if you have those 2 you should be able to get Betts who is better option right now and you could still get Buddy later!?!?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 20:59

But if you can get Rocky in other than Cripps that's good too!!!! Cripps is suppose to play this week so it depends on ur structure? I'm bring in Rocky for Van this week!

'Sauce' · 20/05/2015 at 21:23

Thanks for the reply, but firstly Gibson is just gonna go down in money and is too inconsistent for my liking were as Tom McDonald is imo going to be the #1 defender.
          I can't do anything else besides crips-rocky 🙁
          Tarrant to franklin you're right I'll do that next week.
          I would go tbc-Jacobs and Cripps-rocky this round but I'm $1,000 short 🙁 such a bummer

Dann · 20/05/2015 at 21:52

Gibson will come good with the tall defenders coming back from Hawthorn

BKW · 21/05/2015 at 08:41

Spot on Dann

Joey Joe Joe · 20/05/2015 at 20:29

I reckon the Dex curse isn't needed for this one – Ziebel will knock someones head off with a high bump, break his leg running into a goal post or get gigantism drinking a nerve tonic from the team medicos. He is actually overdue for his latest disaster, so watch out in coming weeks.
Avoid unless you are looking for some black comedy to keep the season interesting.

Tomp · 20/05/2015 at 20:33

is it ok fielding Brown or Lever for a few weeks or am I better off getting someone like Docherty instead of Rockliff?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:03

depends on your structure but I would say Yes….could play either one based on whether they are named?

Kangas29 · 20/05/2015 at 20:42

Is getting rid of TBC-Jacobs or getting in Rocky this week more of a priority?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:04

Hard to say based on your structure?? But Rocky is a must if you can get him!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:06

Based on your comment who is more important…replacing TBC or getting Rocky??? Hard to say based on not knowing how your team is?

Nash · 20/05/2015 at 21:16

Oxaly to T Mac with 218,300 in the bank. Good move??

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:21

Keep Oxley

demon · 20/05/2015 at 22:32

oxley should hover around the same price for a while, I'm planning on a straight swap for brodie smith after his bye as they will hopefully be similar prices

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:02

keep OX

brook · 20/05/2015 at 21:17

I am also prioritising rucks over rocky this week. i am very much leaning toward mumford, with the only negative i can see being his inability to play out full seasons. sauce, on the other hand, has missed just four games in four years.

however, i am concerned about jacob's reliance on high disposal counts to score well. i did a scan of the stats and both mumford and jacobs have had around the same number of hit outs (250). basically, it is disposals and marks (jacobs) v tackles and contested posessions (mummy). in fact, mumford has recorded between 11-14 disposals in all matches for 4 100s and 2 90s. maric falls some where in the middle, perhaps slightly closer to mumford in his style of points accumulation.

overall, i think we can rely on mumfords capacity to lay tackles, get 11-14 disposals (mostly handballs, mostly contested) than we can on jacobs getting 18+ disposals and 5+ marks. as i said, the only rider is mumfords ability to get through the season. i will have tbc as back up so i will prob take that risk. the round 13 bye is also good for me.

in the end, i think jacobs, mumford and maric are all good choices, but that is my thinking on this week's conundrum … hopefully next week will be a no-brainer cripps to rocky!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:23

Who are your rucks right now?

brook · 20/05/2015 at 21:48

goldstein and tbc … will trade hogan to mumford via tbc (funded by VDB to Glenn/Lever). started with minson but traded him out in round 3 for bont so have had tbc at r2 for about five weeks now … looking forward to having some cover again

demon · 20/05/2015 at 23:51

mummys never played 20 games in a season… for that reason I'm going with jacobs

Alex · 20/05/2015 at 21:19

My midfield looks like this at the moment, fyfe, lewis, parker, griffin, Ellis yolmen,krak,vanders,touk,cripps and sloane.

And my fwds bj, gray, d swan, clark tarrant bellcho salem lambert, need points cause top my leauge is 600 pts in front but also need to kepp byes in mind any advised trades, for now and beyond because i have explored all avenues but have hit a sc block. Thx in advance

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:27

Should have dumped Sloane from the get go! Now you might have to keep him???? Mid line need to get rid of Van! Fwd line lose!Bellchambers

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:32

Your safe with Griffien CEY Krak Touk and cripps for now but you need to dump a few in the next few weeks!!!!

Salem need to go to in fwd line

Jaydos · 20/05/2015 at 21:30

I'm planning on trading in Rockliff, Pendles, Shiel and Smith in the next 3 weeks and i'm using Salem down to Dale,then should i use either Oxley or Lumumba to Lever?This will leave me with full premo mids and fwds and 17 trades and approx 100k in bank leading into the byes.My team structure is also bye friendly.
Thoughts on my plan please.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:39

Doubt it! You should be trading rookie in now for premos

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:43

But its up to you if you wanna wait that long??? start making your move now!

Jaydos · 20/05/2015 at 22:12

How do you trade them all in at once considering you only get 2 trades each week?
        Think about it

Shayne · 20/05/2015 at 22:32

Isn't that what i said I'm about to do?

Tophawk · 20/05/2015 at 22:19

Great plan! Good luck. LOL

Shayne · 20/05/2015 at 22:24

What premo's would you suggest?Already have Fyfe, JPK, Danger, Lewis,Titch

Girdle · 20/05/2015 at 21:39

If you’d told me after Rd7 that I could literally do a straight swap of Cripps to Rocky, then I’d have jumped at that chance. After all, good rookie for a fallen premo is what we always hope for. So why is it such a controversial move? Both also have same bye round, so bye structure shouldn’t be thrown too much….

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:50

Then wait after the bye? Rocky price and him scoring big are the upside,and making money now with BE!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:51

Rocky is getting in form!!!!!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 21:54

Dont have to use Crips for Rocky……can use a VAN or Heeney? I'm using VAN!

Tophawk · 20/05/2015 at 22:26

Ohhh yeahhhh.

Tom Rockliff.

He has unfinished business. His ribs are coming good, he is angry, and the lions have won 2 on the spin.

Rocky is about to go bang!

Shayne · 20/05/2015 at 22:16

Who should i keep out of Oxley and Lumumba

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 20/05/2015 at 22:21

Oxley

Tophawk · 20/05/2015 at 22:34

Oxley as a player, but Lumumba as a swinger. LOL

Tophawk · 20/05/2015 at 23:12

Get rid of "Wind Screens" O'Brian!!

Absolutely useless

Tophawk · 20/05/2015 at 23:14

Who is trading out "wind Screens" O'Brian this week?

Aka Lumumba

Stickman · 20/05/2015 at 23:30

Defence has been pretty horendous so I would keep him. I'm still holding Newnes.

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:03

nah im holding the prince
    on a good day he has a high ceiling and demons got smashed
    stay the course

Jarrod · 21/05/2015 at 07:16

Is Lewis a good option this week?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 08:39

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:04

150 BE and first game back after suspension
    give him till after the byes

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 17:38

LOL

sctrades · 21/05/2015 at 09:42

Lonie-Ziebell

Cripps-Rockliff

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:04

great trades

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 10:08

Hmmmm Just read article that Rockliff is still in pain from ribs and lung puncher and is still being managed until after the bye???? Think He's still a good option to pick up this week? Thinking I might wait until after the bye now to grab him???

CJay · 21/05/2015 at 10:35

Yes interesting read.
    Still a good trade in at the price but I don't think the monster scores will be there until the ribs have fully healed.

nathan · 21/05/2015 at 10:36

Im not sold in rocky yet
    Price might not fall but i dont think itll go up as quick as it went down

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 10:49

Yeah….I dont think he will be busting out tons scores til after bye…you know the 120-140 type scores. Think he will probably stay in the 80-90's for the next basically 2 weeks and then his bye. Then you have to bench him…….think it might be better to wait…..I dont think he will go up that much in basically 2 weeks???

But I could be wrong?? Only the SC god's know!

nathan · 21/05/2015 at 12:57

Haha yeah that’s my thoughts on him too
        He’ll go up a little this week and then his b/e will be about the same the week after
        I think wait till the byes ir at least see how he goes against the bombers

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:05

that was a good article
    big risk i say bringing him in. but im going to do it anyway

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 17:30

That's cool! I wanna wait a few weeks because he will be on a bye anyway….if he had week 13 bye I would probably take him now!

Nathan · 21/05/2015 at 10:13

Oxley to Lever
Heeney to Rocky

Thoughts?

Glenn · 21/05/2015 at 10:18

I'm thinking the exact same trades

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 11:37

I think people are making a mistake trading Oxley to Lever. Oxley isn't going to lose that much and will most likely out score Lever. Lever is to expensive @ 157,000. Oxley is pretty much going to stay in the Pies lineup where as Lever may only be a fill in for a few weeks??? When he does play he just there to accommodate Smith Henderson and Kelly.

Just my opinion I'm staying away from Lever. I would rather trade Oxley to Kelly than Lever. I'm keeping Oxley!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 18:31

LOL trade lever for Oxley now!!! LOL

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 11:52

Read the article on AFL.com about Rocky……..think you might wanna wait on him???

Nathan · 21/05/2015 at 14:46

Shutup American magpie

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 15:29

Dont ask for people's opinions then and Fck u

nathan · 21/05/2015 at 10:38

Who would be the best ruckman out of jacobs and mummy?

Can have either just want the best and be able to forget

Jacobs is in front due to his bye

brook · 21/05/2015 at 12:46

i posted above on this … i like mummy but just a bit worried about injury risk

nathan · 21/05/2015 at 13:03

Nice
      I just had a read
      Mumford looks a little better buy my current rucks are nic nat and ryder so by swinging ryder forward and bringing mumford in it leaves me 3 ruckman down but with jacobs i still have someone scoring for me in round 13
      So much to ponder
      Great work on the insite

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:05

i would go Sauce

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 17:40

Get Cox…….He's going to crush it this weekend!!!!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 11:07

What do people think of Scott Thompson? He's scored over 121 in 4 games and an 85 in 1 game having played 5 games. Ive been watching him……I been wanting to pick him up but I've been hesitant for some reason???

Thoughts community???

@wheels_1987 · 21/05/2015 at 14:06

he is so good
    SC royalty for many a year
    Old Man though
    thats the only reason i wont have him
    when Sloan comes back = reduced output for Thompson
    but that said he could do a Harvey and bleed pure gold for your team

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 14:29

He had huge scores when Sloane was in…..his 85 was when sloane got subbed out in a game

BigDropKick · 21/05/2015 at 17:18

Vandenberg to Rocky
Salem to Buddy ….

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 17:27

Van to Priddis
Hogan to Betts

Rocky week 12

Buddy · 21/05/2015 at 19:21

Ox or KMac to Borgoyne? Is Borgoyne worth getting in. Is proven and a very low breakeven?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 20:44

NO….he's only doing well because Hodge and Lewis were out! Now Lewis back and Hodge back next week! Dont do it!!!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 20:46

If you are going to trade 1 of them go to Tmac or Shaw?????

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 20:47

OR…wait til Hodge comes back next week and get him….that's what I'm doing!

Adzy · 21/05/2015 at 21:01

How much damage am i going to if i dont trade vandenberg out? whats the most he could lose?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 21/05/2015 at 22:07

Nothing unless you keep him…..upgrade him!!!!