Chicko - elite fantasy analyst

G’day community, that felt like hard work this week…Rocky (KO), Lewis (gone), Hodge (going for longer), Sloane (calf), Pops Kelly (popped right marble) but with every dark cloud there is a silver lining.

Now is the time to prepare yourselves whilst the balmy autumn continues and before the ice cold winds take hold of your rivals.

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

You may think that the title of this week’s musing is referring to the friendly smiling cow found on the purple packaging of the Swiss chocolate bar from the 1990’s. You would be wrong. It is a reference to my Italian grandfather who worked on a dairy farm and his “milka da cows” and it is applicable right here, right now, for us in the world of Supercoach. There is an all you can eat smorgasbord of fallen premiums ready for the snaffling over the next few weeks BUT to afford them, we need to start scrimping and saving, we need to build a warchest, we need to start milking those cows and I am here to say that it starts this week.

I can hear some of you say – “it’s too soon you bald mongrel”. I can also hear a few of you say “you are a bit late portly bald man”. You may be right, and I may be crazy, but I am culling one or two cows this week.

Why this week?

If your team is in good shape, you should be prudent and saves those trades but there are one or two rookies who you might decree their day be done and be ready for the chop. A number of coaches traded out Heeney last week – either for Krak or Tarrant (via a DPP into the midfield). I had Krak, so traded out Silence of the Lamb for The Price is Right Tarrant (a pure cash grab that smiling Larry Emdur would be proud of). So this week, I have a couple of players who I am looking at as an avenue to build my warchest. So which players look ready to serve up?

Below is a table of popular rookies who are starting to mature. As most coaches know, you only want to start culling your cash cows once their breakeven closes in on their average points per game. As you can see from the table, Van Berlo, Salem and, possibly Heeney, are the only players who are in, or approaching, this category and I would argue the upside for them doesn’t look as good from this point on. The others have a little more cash to squeeze out. I haven’t had Van Berlo in my side, but if I did (and 30% of coaches do), he would be the first to go – has been ok and made coaches $68k but his price fell this week and with Scott Thompson back in the team, it has impacted his input. You could argue Sloane going out helps NVB – you could argue it, but I would disagree. Must go.

PlayerPriceBreakevenAverage points per game
Nathan Van Berlo$284,4008168.00
Christian Salem$285,8004267.60
Isaac Heeney$232,5003666
K-MacIntosh$244,1003472.80
C. Ellis-Yolman$332,1002191.60
Hulk Hogan$293,900978.80
Mitch 'Foot' Clark$221,900-1364

For me, due to the prospect of having Lewis and Sloane sitting on the pine for my team for a couple of weeks (maximum, I hope), my dilemma this week is whether I  “paint the fence” early with two trades (one down, one up), or take the hit to my overall ranking (by playing two of my bench rookies on field for two weeks) and only cull one cow to build up the bank balance to invest for the long term with a future upgrade.

So who is on the horizon for a future upgrade?

Every Friday, our good man Patch has a section in his magnificent Panic room article called Trading Places – it’s a MUST read for all coaches. Read it, savour it, digest it and use it to your advantage.

For me, my first upgrade will be a little price dependent as to who I can afford– I’m sure there are a lot of coaches in the same boat. But here are some names for your radar with their breakevens in brackets. Get ready for this!

• Rocky (290 – post bye target)
  • GAJ (234)
  • Sloane (215)
  • Selwood (189)
  • Brodie Smith (168 – our backlines have so many cracks that the rookies can stay!)
  • Hodge (151)
  • Lewis (150)
  • Beams (145)
  • The Walkers – Andrew Walker (134), Tex Walker (129)
  • Buddy (126)
  • Parker (113)
  • Defenders – throw a blanket over the likes of Hooker, Duffield, Hibberd, Simpson, The Gift and Burgoyne (all with breakevens between 119-126)

The majority of these players are on my watch list – except Hooker and The Gift. However, of more immediate focus are players who have turned the corner and their breakevens have turned bottom out – for me they are BJ Goddard & JPK. These two are on my short term watch list – as in hoping to get one of them into my team next week. The other to watch for me is Tommy Mitchell-san. First week back and cracked the ton and is an affordable price – let’s see how he goes next week.

So what about you community, are you culling any players this week? If you are hitting the trade button who goes?

Out of these popular rookies, who is your first gone?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Hit me with your thoughts community and please tweet me @chicko_lcs with any questions or dilemmas of your own.

Cheers,

Chicko

Rick Grimes · 04/05/2015 at 15:09

Looking at ditching Salem and Sheed to pick up Pendles. I need his consistency. Think Salem has done his dash and Sheed has only a little cash left.

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 16:12

exactly the same trades as me

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:16

Me too Ricky, don't have Sheed but likely to downgrade Salem to build the bank balance.

Mitch · 04/05/2015 at 19:48

Salem downgrade for who?

Aaron · 04/05/2015 at 21:04

Hope you guys all took krak and tarrant last week, if not your a week behind the 8 ball

medadsson · 04/05/2015 at 22:50

Doesn't Krak only have one game left before he must either be elevated (don't see any long term injuries) or ineligible to play? I may be wrong but if that is the case who would you trade him down to, not to mention another trade gone. Granted he has made some coin.

Charlesy · 04/05/2015 at 15:10

Salem first out for me Chicko. Not sure whether to bring in Goddard to make 5 forward premos or go with Ryder and have ruck coverage through goldy/Bellchambers/ Ryder

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:17

I would bring in Goddard first Charlesy, hold off on Ryder for F6.

Charlesy · 04/05/2015 at 18:19

Will do mate. Cheers.

@dimSIMpson · 05/05/2015 at 16:00

I started with Ryder, Nait & TBC! Debating on bringing mummy in as R1 and sticking Ryder in F5!

Crabb · 04/05/2015 at 15:11

I traded salem out last week for tarrant – means I can upgrade hogan this week to a goddard. Not sure if I should though as hogan will have at least one more week of significant price appreciation.

@milesdeutscher · 04/05/2015 at 15:16

Wait on Hogan. Consider in the next couple weeks.

Trab Pukcip · 04/05/2015 at 18:31

I disagree with holding Hogan, great time to upgrade him imo!, you may miss out on 20k but with upcoming games against swans, hawks, dogs, port and pies he is a chance of averaging stuff all over next 5 games! I want him gone by the byes and happy with the $170k he’s given thus far. Hogan out – underpriced buddy in!

@milesdeutscher · 04/05/2015 at 15:15

What are you thoughts on Barlow? Averaged 111 last year and has now dropped to 490k. Rookie upgrade?

zeesus · 04/05/2015 at 16:06

Seems to be taking on a different role compared to last year now that Creepy Crowley is out. I considered him but after watching his games I'm really unsure. Mundy seems to be taking the points from him this year.

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:18

Hey Miles. Agree with Zee on this. Barlow playing a slightly different role – looks like Neale has taken his place in the centre square.

Trab Pukcip · 04/05/2015 at 18:33

Barlow only scored high on Sunday due to pav and walters going off and fyfe going forward hence giving him rare time in the guts! Big pass unless there is a few injuries.

JaseO · 04/05/2015 at 21:53

As a rabid Freo supporter I'd give Barlow a big miss for now. He's playing fine but has the worst disposal in the Freo midfield group so with Neale stepping up and Fyfe taking the tag off Mundy they just aren't using him as often

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 15:19

I need a forward. Got 450k in the bank. Looking to go from Salem to either Franklin, Dahlhaus, Gray or Tom Mitchellson. Who do you guys think's going to be the #1 forward.

Kano · 04/05/2015 at 15:27

I think gray.

Julz · 04/05/2015 at 15:32

Gray is a must have. I’d wait on TMitch see how he goes this wk but even then he’s an iffy one, poor JS

Patch · 04/05/2015 at 15:38

Gray will be a must have by season's end and will pick up now Port's draw levels out. Dahlhaus is getting a very close looking at this week as a smokie POD in my side.

@thecowza · 04/05/2015 at 15:53

I'd go Dahlhaus for sure. Massive POD at the moment not many people have him.

Deadly · 04/05/2015 at 17:56

Go the Gray

Ratitat · 05/05/2015 at 00:31

Gray

Spifflicator · 04/05/2015 at 15:22

Salem to Ziebell or Goddard

Wattsieesq · 04/05/2015 at 15:45

Goddard for mine. He's proven as a consistent scorer as well as consistently being out on the park.

@thecowza · 04/05/2015 at 15:59

Personally thinking of running 3 rookies in the defense and downgrading Newnes for McKenzie or Scharenberg.. then using McIntosh on field and strengthening my forward line by upgrading Salem to Dahlhaus. Should yield about 50-70 more points.

Kano · 04/05/2015 at 15:26

Great read mate, I’m in the same boat with lewis and sloane. Don’t really want to have to trade either but depending on how long they’re out, I might have to. I was thinking of milking a cow early to bring in another premo to compensate, then with both of them returning in a hopefully reasonable time( 2 – 3 weeks) wouldn’t have to take a risk on another mid premo considering big names(selwood,beams,rockliff,priddis, barlow etc) aren’t showing scoring consistency and question marks on if shiel,mundy, neales scores won’t decrease.i could then concentrate on my forward or ruck lines.

Blue Boys · 04/05/2015 at 15:29

Iv got Hodge,Lewis & Sloane Grrrr.

Brillsy21 · 04/05/2015 at 15:36

I was going to trade Salem to Goddard and Lewis to JPK but am sadly 4k short.
What do you suggest I do instead?

Bye Week · 04/05/2015 at 17:35

hold lewis. Only two rounds, and everyone is playing a lot of rookies so you shouldn't be at a big disadvantage imo

nick · 05/05/2015 at 12:31

I agree….if u have Miller or cripps or Vandenberg u can sit Lewis on pine as those rookies are scoring very well

tom · 04/05/2015 at 15:39

is it too early to cull K-Mac?
Dont think he will make us much more cash

Wattsieesq · 04/05/2015 at 15:48

Out of the 3 backline rookies, K-Mac looks to have gone from best to worst. I still think there is cash to be made off him as he scored 70 on the weekend, but he is sitting on my bench while oxley and saad are on field.

Martin · 04/05/2015 at 15:45

I have 500k in the warchest this week, who should i get in for goodes in defence out of mcdonald, rob murphy and pittard, also who do i get in for salem out of dusty, goddard and boomer harvey

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 16:16

your better of ugrading mids or forwards, defence is too unreliable and rookies are getting the job done in defense for now

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:19

I think either Tmac or Murphy for the money.

Swans2012 · 04/05/2015 at 19:35

Tmac looking the Goodes for mine (pun intended), and throw a blanket over Goddard and dusty

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 18:12

I'd be happy with either of those defenders. For the forwards I'd go Dusty or Goddard.

Mark · 04/05/2015 at 15:48

So im thinking Switch Swan to the fwd so i trade Salem for Mckenzie in the mid then switching Mckenzie to the Def putting him on the bench and putting Mcintosh on the ground while upgrading Newnes to Pendlebury.
Good move?

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:00

wait another week, mckenzie could be dropped in favour for montagna and reiwoldt

tom · 04/05/2015 at 15:48

is Franklin a good upgrade option this week?

havent seen much talk about him even though he has scored well in the wet

zeesus · 04/05/2015 at 16:16

Agreed Tom… you have to assume he will be a top forward by the end of the year. Great POD at the moment.

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:20

Hey Tom, he has been quite consistent without being spectacular. Has looked solid, has a decent breakeven, so I think looks a good upgrade target over the next two weeks.

Trab Pukcip · 04/05/2015 at 18:36

Added to that he has seen a fair bit of wet weather footy! Will go big this week like half of Freo did against the d’s

Matthew · 04/05/2015 at 15:50

Going Salem to Shiel, but thinking of also trading Newton to Glenn. Is Glenn from GC going to be a consistent feature in the Suns' team?

Mark · 04/05/2015 at 15:53

Hard to say because his only played one game. Still he looked pretty sharp. If you think he can be consistent then by all means put him in. Im taking the punt by putting Mckenzie in from St kilda and going to wait this week coming up to see how Glenn goes. If he goes well, i might consider downgrading Vandenberg to him to free around 200k up.

General Soreness · 04/05/2015 at 15:55

Ripping article Chicko as always mate. Toying with a few trades but think I might just hold this week. My trading to be more determined by who I can go down or up to, at the right times.

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:22

Thanks General old mate. I have tossed around with doing one or doing nothing. Have tried to plan out my trading plan over the next few rounds, and it looks like I may need to do one downgrade this week. Thanks again for the support BB!

jake · 04/05/2015 at 16:03

hey fellas currently sitting at 400

Im thinking of pulling the trigger on salem this week and upgrade him to goddard
Then next week i will cull a cow (still not sure who) to upgrade griffen to selwood.
After that i will then upgrade daniel rich for almost a straight swap to rocky , thoughts?

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:22

Well done Jake – great ranking! Like your plan, I would execute as you have outlined.

Deadly · 04/05/2015 at 17:58

Keep going jake, in your position you've got to stay aggressive.

EggMan · 04/05/2015 at 16:11

Salem to Floggard

Rich (he has done his job) to Beams

Thoughts?

zeesus · 04/05/2015 at 16:17

Yep good.

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 16:24

Hey Engman, if you have the cash, it sounds pretty good to me. You may want to hold off on the Rich to Beams trade though. Rocky is going to be in the low $400k bracket in a couple of weeks – could do a straight swap.

EggMan · 04/05/2015 at 16:34

I need ideally would wait another week on beams as well but I need another promo in now with Sloan going down.
      But rocky will be a target in a couple for sure!

Swans2012 · 04/05/2015 at 19:38

Yep the trades you said then rocky locked in in a couple.

zeesus · 04/05/2015 at 16:11

Rich and NVB to Pendles & Touk Miller for me.
Takes my midfield to: Fyfe, Pendles, Neale, Boak, Beams, Parker, CEY and Cripps.
Still trying to decide who is going to be the top 6 defenders at years-end.

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 18:05

Too late for the Touk.

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:26

Instead of Touk go to Glenn or Mckenzie

Youngster · 04/05/2015 at 20:40

Touk has flown the coup. He's not a keeper and not the best stepping stone on offer. If NVB is to go, then a rookie on the bubble or a top end premo is the only sensible option

camdoggs army · 04/05/2015 at 16:15

I’m still hanging on to Brett “the shit brother” goodes. If he’s named gonna trade him down to a loophole/ future rookie like Hugh Goddard or scharenburg type. Also Salem to Goddard. Thoughts in goodes?

TTJ · 04/05/2015 at 18:28

Trading a non player to another non player is not a good trading strategy. Goodes is already a loophole & I doubt whether he will be forcing his way into a winning Bulldogs outfit this week.

I would hold him another week & then trade him to Daniel McKenzie, providing he holds his place in St Kilda's team. That's my plan anyway,

Sharenberg, Lever & Goddard will all be good trade down options once they actually get a game.

Swans2012 · 04/05/2015 at 19:50

Non player to non player works in this case imo as Goodes to Goddard makes 100k which is pretty much all we need to make on most of our trades (as long as we get a couple of big bangers ie cey and Cripps and vandy making 250+) to get to full premo

Swans2012 · 04/05/2015 at 19:51

This also assumes your going to downgrade someone else to Mckenzie and want to keep your loophole open, I know I do…

Youngster · 04/05/2015 at 20:49

Whilst not named, he's good for a loophole. I'm using him on Oxley and Macintosh. Trade to a rookie on the bubble but lose the loophole. To use the money that rookie generates, you'll blow another trade. Trading down to rock bottom DPP rookie purely to get money into the warchest and retain the loophole makes mores sense IMO.

Sarah · 04/05/2015 at 16:15

I'm going to spend the cash I made last week when I traded in Tarrant and Krakouer and do the following:

VB out, JPK in
Salem out, Goddard in

It feels good to finally bring in a couple of premos!!

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 18:04

Yeah good trades.

derek · 04/05/2015 at 18:21

very good trades.

Phil · 04/05/2015 at 18:33

You won't have any arguments there

Charlesy · 04/05/2015 at 18:55

That’s great work Sarah. You’re well placed early.

MC · 04/05/2015 at 19:47

Danger not jpk

Sarah · 04/05/2015 at 20:39

I thought I'd made my decision but now I'm not so sure… Danger has a higher ceiling but JPK is more consistent…

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:27

Best feeling when processing trades like these

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 16:20

can straight swap salem to goddard but goddard has freo and would leave me with no war chest

jake · 04/05/2015 at 16:23

im thinking of making this move

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 16:27

yep, then ill be able to cull someone like sheed to a glenn or mckenzie next week when there on the bubble, dont want to miss goddard due to his 69 BE

derek · 04/05/2015 at 18:20

I'm thinking that move as well. will only leave $15k in warchest. but it does bring in a season long premium keeper at a good price.

derek · 04/05/2015 at 16:26

I had Oxley on the bench last week, and most of my opponents had him either loopholed or on field. I felt I needed his points for overall rank (I'm about 4k and needed to stay with the pack). So I traded out heeney for H Goddard (via swing Saad to mid) it would have been Whitecross, but he got a last minute call up and I needed a donut in defence.

It banked $95k and let me win 5 leagues that I would have lost (1 by only 2 points). Scored 2238 so happy with outcome. I had 28 trades left, otherwise I wouldn't have done it.

now I have $230k in warchest, this gives me just enough cash to go Salem to Godard this week. Happy with that. Do I cull another cow?

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 16:31

im not culling til next week because Glenn and Mckenzie are on the bubble (this is for supercoach so they need to play 3 games to change in price)

Deadly · 04/05/2015 at 18:00

Is Goddard is good. Do it, you'll have him for the year (hopefully)

Swans2012 · 04/05/2015 at 19:57

I love my Goddard (hugh) loophole and when he starts playing and everyone says see now you can’t downgrade too him I will be more than happy to trade another fat cow for another non playing rook. Nothing lost and lots gained from the loophole and the extra 100k. Win win I reckon, excellent trade Derek

Swans2012 · 04/05/2015 at 19:59

And I think next week is the next cull opportunity, hold (other than the Salem to Goddard trade you mentioned which is a1)

Youngster · 04/05/2015 at 20:54

Fantastic work Derek. You've got plenty of trades but that's no reason to trade. If you can hold out another week, you'll get more bang for your buck and of course some of those premos will go down after another week too. Come the bye rounds, you'll be able to trade like mad if you can hold your trades now.

tom · 04/05/2015 at 16:27

Franklin Or Goddard

Matthew · 04/05/2015 at 16:45

Franklin, played most of his games in the wet and still averaging 95

Jack · 04/05/2015 at 16:36

Trading out lychee. Who is the best ruck to bring in out of:
Blicavs
Ryder
Grundy
Mumford
Nic Nat
Jacobs

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 16:37

jacobs

Robert · 04/05/2015 at 18:05

Blicavs is a great POD and should easily break his BE

derek · 04/05/2015 at 18:18

I would normally say Sauce, especially looking at the crows upcoming games. but he is not scoring very well at the moment, Blicavs is starting to look ok.

adam · 04/05/2015 at 22:29

Go Blicavs or Grundy.. you want a ruckman who gets possies… if you have cash and want a POD go S Martin… he is scoring well in a side getting smashed.. wait till they start winning… they arent as bad as made out…

Jack · 04/05/2015 at 16:37

Trading out lycett. Who is the best ruck to bring in out of:
Blicavs
Ryder
Grundy
Mumford
Nic Nat
Jacobs

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 18:03

Blicavs looks incredibly good. Honestly was considering bringing him in for Nic Nat for a POD. This kid isn't a normal ruckman.

Pauly Walnuts · 04/05/2015 at 16:43

Lewis 2 weeks,Hodge to the Tribunal – Herald Sun

derek · 04/05/2015 at 18:16

I guessed 1-2 each.

Matt · 04/05/2015 at 16:59

What rookies are worth downgrading to? I don’t see the point in trading cash cows when there isn’t any rookies on the bubble worth getting

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:47

Glenn & Mckenzie have only played 1 game but both look pretty decent

Bye Week · 04/05/2015 at 17:01

Can't believe someone else knows 'milka'!

George · 04/05/2015 at 17:12

Missed out on the Tarrant trade last week. Do you think it
's worth getting him in this week?

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 18:02

nope

derek · 04/05/2015 at 18:14

what were you doing last week? there isn't much else on offer and still some cash to be made. if you are trading out a non-player that won't make you any cash I would.

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:47

Sorry but it's too late. You'd be paying an extra 100k

Locked and Loaded · 04/05/2015 at 23:22

I didn’t out in Tarrant either I felt as if the risk was too much time will tell whether it’s the right move although I don’t think he’s a must and defs don’t bring him in now

Harrison · 04/05/2015 at 17:40

Jake Lloyd people? Worth consideration
Games so far:
!: Sub affected 27 he had it 13 times at 46% and 4 clangers only real bad game
2: 75 he had it 20 times at 80% and a goel
3: 95 he had it 24 times at 92% mostly handballs
4: 113 he had it 25 times at 88% and a goal
5: 82 he had it 20 times at 50% (in the wet) and 9 tackles

I like him and he's a very good user of the Ball and gets around the 20-25 touches mark
I like how he doesn't get clangers or gives away free kicks
$392,600 and they play Melbourne next

Phil · 04/05/2015 at 18:35

Too awkwardly priced, not for me Harrison although I am a fan of left field selections so I'd say go for it

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:05

I wouldnt touch him, its not that he's bad but you'll get weeks where he's not involved and some weeks he's pretty good. Its a real season changer and can make or break your team.

TTJ · 04/05/2015 at 19:15

Yeah there a things to like about him Harrison but I do not see him as SC relevant.

Fallen premiums or rookies on the bubble is what you want at this time of the year. Not mid priced mids or forwards, too much risk.

Harrison · 04/05/2015 at 19:55

thanks TTJ, Ethan and Phil, looking back at it i think how stupid it was be gee i love this guy and love how he plays. As three of you have said not worth the risk, not SC relevant and at the moment we need to be focusing on the fallen premos and culling some rookies ohh and players on the bubble over the next few rounds.

Questionable: B.Smith (bring him in and he goes 60 and 40 wow) Salem, Kmac, Newnes, Simpson, Griffen, Wallis, Lewis, Goodes
      Absolute beut

MC · 04/05/2015 at 19:43

Yeh cause everyone scores good against Melbourne, look at stats they have won possession albeit to Fremantle last week

Enrage! · 04/05/2015 at 17:51

Thoughts on which trade, I have 444k in the bank…

1) CEY to pendles (and not enough & to upgrade elsewhere)

Or

2) Vandenberg to Danger & Hogan to Dahlhaus

Also thoughts on Armitage .. He’s getting big 100’s and only once sub 100!

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 18:01

Definitely 2. CEY is looking the goods. Still has a potential increase of money to make. I wouldn't really be looking to trade Hogan either. Surely you have worse rookies to cull.
    Armitage looks a beauty. Too expensive for me but certainly a good POD.

Deadly · 04/05/2015 at 18:01

CEY and VAN still have too much upside to trade just yet. If you hang off for 1-2 weeks you'll get Danger and Pendles for a lot less cash

Enrage! · 04/05/2015 at 18:11

Thanks guys ..

And thoughts on Armitage as a POd?

Luviboy1 · 04/05/2015 at 18:43

He seems to be doing quite well with the temporary captaincy with Roo out. Hes too dear for my taste but could be a great POD selection.

randomcliche · 05/05/2015 at 01:16

Like. but late. I ran stevens and newnes to fill the scoring void. Wish I did Armitage.

MC · 04/05/2015 at 18:35

Danger has hit his bottom!

randomcliche · 05/05/2015 at 01:13

Agreed MC. Enrage! Look for players like Rich who have hit their breakeven or are close to to trade. If you don’t have any or no LTIs then suggest holding. There are plenty of falling premos to come. Pendles, Danger Priddis, Parker this week for mIne, but chances are not all of em will hit it next week. And then others will join the party like selwood rocky etc cheerz

Luke · 04/05/2015 at 17:52

Thanks for the great article Chicko,
Communtiy, thoughts on
a) trading out Salem, subbing Swan into the foward line and bring in Luke Parker in the mid
b) trading out Salem, subbing Swan into the fowardline, Brayden Maynard (anyone know if he's getting a game soon?) into the mid, and bringing in a fallen premium defender in Simpson, Hibberd, ect
c) holding salem
I've got around 250K in remainding salary

derek · 04/05/2015 at 18:12

out of those option, 1 is best

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:06

a or c, b sounds stupid if theres no one to trade to

MC · 04/05/2015 at 19:40

Hold see how rooks play this week and option b next week

Robert · 04/05/2015 at 17:52

Im sick of Newnes i have to get rid of him.

I have 465K to pick a defender.

Who should i pick?

mcleal10 · 04/05/2015 at 17:59

I'm holding since we lack a lot of info back there. Can't really go wrong with McDonald. Other than that I'd probably consider Bobby Murphy

derek · 04/05/2015 at 18:11

at that price, K Simpson is a standout! $448k. will be close to top 8 defender this year.

Don · 04/05/2015 at 18:06

houli or tom mcdonald?

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:06

houli, will get more ball if mcdonald is forced to play a shut down role

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:46

Houli

Liam · 04/05/2015 at 18:06

Wingard to Goddard and Rich to Priddis?

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 18:57

That would be two ticks for me Liam!

Swans2012 · 04/05/2015 at 20:32

Yep yep

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:46

Sounds good

Mitch · 04/05/2015 at 18:14

Which forward rookies worth trading in on the bubble in the next week or weeks?

MC · 04/05/2015 at 18:32

Pretty slim, think you have missed the boat!

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:07

krakour is still available but theres not really anyone else

Mitch · 04/05/2015 at 19:13

already have salem, clark, tarrant, krakour, hogan

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:35

Can you trade Salem swapping a dpp

Tyler · 04/05/2015 at 19:21

None worth picking up

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 07:17

If you need to downgrade real bad you should downgrade to caleb daniel or kane lambert. Daniel is coming back in 2 weeks and lambert 5-6

joelslo · 04/05/2015 at 18:19

noted. but are there any down grade options?

Charlesy · 04/05/2015 at 18:23

Here’s some news community. Jake Lever from Adelaide, a highly rated young defender is tipped to play soon. From memory he’s worth $150 ish K. So another potential down grade soon if you want to slaughter a cow from your defences.

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:07

not sure any of the adelaide players will get culled for him for the moment, if theres a quite easy game ahead of them maybe he will play

Locked and Loaded · 04/05/2015 at 23:25

They love the kid at Adelaide. Will play and will do well

Ben · 05/05/2015 at 09:10

Talia reckons he’s a chance to play this week

MC · 04/05/2015 at 18:30

Not much said about the danger! Thoughts? Rich is done now 100k upgrade for danger!

Luviboy1 · 04/05/2015 at 18:39

Once again, great write up Chicko. Community, currently have 2 FWD keepers in Gray and Swan. Have 26 trades left. This week Im thinking:

Walker to Glenn (via DPP swing)
and
Salem to Goddard, Martin, Dahlhaus or Franklin.
Leaving me with around 270,000 in the chest.

Good or bad idea?

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 18:57

Thanks Luviboy, much appreciated mate. I like the Salem trade, less certain on the Walker to Glenn trade – I want to see Glenn for one more game before getting him in.

Luviboy1 · 04/05/2015 at 19:07

If I went Salem to Goddard it would leave me with a measly 9k in the chest, whereas Walker to Goddard with leave me with 108k. Does keeping Salem for one more week sound plausible?

Tyler · 04/05/2015 at 19:24

No rush to trade Salem out, unless he starts going down in price

MC · 04/05/2015 at 19:40

Could hold Salem another week, although leaving you one week behind everyone else

Youngster · 04/05/2015 at 21:06

Better yet, Walker to Goddard. Let Salem go another week, save a trade and see if Glenn is on the bubble.

tom · 04/05/2015 at 18:41

Is Birchall a good option?

or should I go with someone like Enright/Taylor

MC · 04/05/2015 at 18:43

Love Enright, didn’t have the nuts to take him this year, will pick him up soon concentrating on other lines first!

Jambo · 04/05/2015 at 20:41

How about McGovern??

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:36

Too much cash

Liam · 04/05/2015 at 18:48

Hold or trade Rich??

MC · 04/05/2015 at 18:57

Trade to danger

Luviboy1 · 04/05/2015 at 19:11

Im waiting a couple weeks to trade Rich to Rocky, which in all likelihoods will be a straight swap.

MC · 04/05/2015 at 19:38

I’m sure there will be a rookie to swap Rockliff for in the byes, wouldn’t you wanna premo your side as quick as possible.

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 20:45

I'd trade him but on the proviso that you upgrade him to a fallen elite like a JPK or Priddis which would require an extra $120-130K.

If you can't easily do that without mucking up your structure elsewhere then I'd hold him for another week or two until the perfect opportunity presents.

Vic City · 05/05/2015 at 09:58

Had the cash so gone for Pendles for me, would go JPK but with Lewis and Sloan I want a consistent performer this week

Bailey · 04/05/2015 at 18:52

Should I consider judd to JPK

Chicko · 04/05/2015 at 18:56

Hi Bailey, I would!

Bailey · 04/05/2015 at 19:09

Would you say JPK is the best option Chicko?

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:09

absolutly, judd has done enough as a stepping stone

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 20:28

Unfortunately Juddy like Griffen has been a fail as a stepping stone as he's actually leaked cash and will leak more with a BE of 133 this week.

So yes you may as well pick off a fallen premo like a JPK or Priddis and get some elite scoring into your team.

Youngster · 04/05/2015 at 21:14

I never understood why Judd got a run in any team. He was never going to be a season keeper, nor a rookie cash cow, nor a mid priced stepping stone nor a player likely to take the next step and provide value for money. Not anything really.

TOPHAWK1 · 04/05/2015 at 19:07

Walker to Franklin this week?

I think Franklin's price has just about bottomed (-27K at 510K) and I sense he is about to lift his scoring output . Buddy playing the Dees this week on a hopefully dry MCG. His breakeven sits at 126 which is achievable against Melbourne.

Walker is down 45K at 385K. This corrective trade would cost me 18K but I think is money worth sacrificing as I am not confident Walker is worth sticking with for the rest of the season.

Any thoughts?

Luviboy1 · 04/05/2015 at 19:10

Im in the same position, but considering Goddard. I have no objections.

TOPHAWK1 · 04/05/2015 at 19:18

Thanks mate,

There is a lot of chatter around Goddard as well. Will have a look at him as well, before making the big call.

Cheers

whisper · 05/05/2015 at 19:14

TMAC is the most likely defender to keep buddy kickless. He might drop another 20k if he's kept to a sub 70 by Mcdonald.

Jess · 04/05/2015 at 19:11

Who is the best downgrade option across all lines? with my DPP's I can downgrade salem to anyone.

All these talks of downgrades but at a glance I see nothing.

Luviboy1 · 04/05/2015 at 19:13

McKenzie and Glenn will both be on the bubble after next round.

Mitch · 04/05/2015 at 19:17

Backs – shaw, oxley, kk, saah, mcintosh, newnes, n.brown, hamling
Mids – fyfe, pendles, beams, selwood, griffen, parker, yolmen, heeney, vandenberg, cripps, miller
Rucks – goldy, maric
Forwards – gray, d.martin, swan, hogan, salem, tarrant, krakour, clark

26 trades left with 160k in the bank. Only trades have been corrective trades on rookies and bringing in tarrant and krakour for lambert/lamb

Need to cull someone to make money for future upgrades
Want to get rid of salem but there arent any appealing downgrade options
Any help fellow supercoachers
cheers

Ethan · 04/05/2015 at 19:19

find someone to go with a down up trade if salem is on the choping block

Mitch · 04/05/2015 at 19:45

not many downgrade options

Antonio · 04/05/2015 at 19:29

I have Jaksch in my backline on the bench. Is he going up or down in price? Is there anybody I can trade him out too?

dean billman · 05/05/2015 at 02:12

Break even of 84, will be gong down in price I'd say.

Tyler · 04/05/2015 at 19:35

What does TBC mean on the AFL injury list?
Also, a few rookies coming back from injury in the next few weeks!

Antonio · 04/05/2015 at 19:36

To be confirmed

club_sandwich · 04/05/2015 at 19:41

Is hepell a stong mid upgrade consideration?

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:43

Sounds good, Goldstein is a must have and quick!

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:45

Ahhh wrong comment…

Tbh, i'm not too sure if Heppell can keep this up for longer, much like Hannebery & Mundy. I would much prefer a Jelwood or JPK

Locked and Loaded · 05/05/2015 at 10:04

Heppell will be elite this year

Tom · 04/05/2015 at 19:46

Which option is better?

Getting rid of Newnes and getting sam butler or Jasper pittard or even Mcgovan

Or

Getting rid of Swallow and getting Shiel, Swan, Lachie neale.

Any suggestions?

I N Pieman · 04/05/2015 at 19:51

Magnif as always Chicko. If your going up from Salem it's 200k from the warchest minimum. For mine that's too much. If he has to go then send him down & grab cash if possible. If you picked off Krak or Taz they are worthy replacements on the park.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 04/05/2015 at 19:57

Any thoughts on trading Newnes for D. McKenzie as a downgrade? Newnes is killing me and has turned out to be a big dud!

dognino · 04/05/2015 at 20:22

I'm thinking of doing the same next week when Mckenzie is on the bubble, based on averages newnes is my D7 with Oxley , saad and Macintosh averaging more. Then using the cash from that and the warchest to upgrade 2 fwd rookies

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:38

I wouldn't. I'd hold Newnes and wait on Mckenzie, if he plays this week then grab him from a cash cow and then upgrade Newnes

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 04/05/2015 at 20:43

Ok Thanks!

Joey Joe Joe · 04/05/2015 at 22:29

No reason to get rid of Oxley / McIntosh / Saad. All still doing comparatively well vs premo defenders – why ditch one of them if Newnes is the problem? Just dump Newnes and let the cash cows continue to give you decent points and fatten

Dean · 06/05/2015 at 20:13

its better to get rid of Newnes this week as opposed to next week because chances are he will go down in price AGAIN.

I have Geary as my D7 and am going to make Geary my D6 and get rid of Newnes.
      I'm trading out NVB and bringing in McKenzie, using the DPP swing McKezie as my D7 and bring Newnes i my midfield and trading newnes out for either Mundy, Dagerfield or Shiel

I have had enough of Newnes, the guy is a DUD…

Gold Rush · 04/05/2015 at 20:00

Dumped NVB and Salem last week, no trades this week – next cull is McIntosh as I reckon he is just about done.

Jesse · 04/05/2015 at 20:14

Thinking Heeney to Josh Glenn

TBC to Goldstein

Bellchambers has done the stepping stone job i wanted from him and im ready now to lock in Goldstein and Stef Martin as my permo rucks for the season.

Thoughts?

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:36

Sounds good, Goldstein is a must have and quick!
    Glenn also looks like a solid pick

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 20:37

A week too early for Glenn. I would make sure Glenn holds his spot and is named for his 3rd game in a couple of weeks before making this switch especially with Heeney a good chance to play this weekend.

A little bit of patience and restraint over the next fortnight could be rewarded Jesse.

Jesse · 04/05/2015 at 20:45

Heeney to Glenn gives me the extra bit of cash i need to get Goldstein in and leaves 50k in the warchest.

What about the possibility of holding Heeney and a straight trade of TBC for either one of:

Blicavs
      Sauce
      Grundy
      Or
      Mummy

???

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 20:56

Again I don't see a huge urgency to upgrade TBC just yet. I have him too at R2 with $1M in the war chest but even I, with all these funds available, have no urgency to burn a trade on TBC just yet. Has a very gettable BE of 57 this week and looks to be steadily improving, at least to my eye.

Yes Goldy is the must have ruck this season but you would be paying absolute top dollar right now. He's bound to put in a quiet game or two at some point that will dip his price well below $600K.

I just reckon if you get rid of Heeney this week there's a good chance you'll have seller's remorse in about a month's time. Of course this is just an opinion as no one can predict the future.

Jesse · 04/05/2015 at 21:06

Yeah nah totally understand where your coming from with Goldstein, at some point he will have a quiet week.

I just have the opposite opinion about Heeney. I think he’ll get the vest alot when he slots back into Sydneys lineup and i think Tom Mitchell really staked a claim this week.

Sc newby · 04/05/2015 at 21:08

1M in the war chest surely I'm reading a typo lol how does one come by this serious amount of coinage so early??? If you don't mind my asking what are you currently ranked/scoring??

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 21:30

The war chest has come about mainly due to the Gaz and Bartel injuries which crippled my Supercoach start. Decided at that point to adopt a cash cow heavy strategy given how well our rookies are performing especially in midfield and defense and how poorly our premos have been going in comparison.

Ranking is nothing to speak of at 33K but actually feel ok about my team now with a respectable 2188 on the weekend with double upgrades planned over the next fortnight picking off those juicy fallen premos like Goddard, JPK and Buddy.

Unfortunately I've had to burn more trades than I would've liked but you have to deal with what cards have been dealt to you each season.

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 21:32

Yeah i'm pretty interested aswell haha

Jesse · 04/05/2015 at 21:43

Fair call. Everyone has to have a strategy and be able to adapt. Thats what you’ve
          got and thats what you have done. Well done.

Still my plan was always to upgrade TBC asap and right before a game against the in form Dockers seems like a good timeto me.

I’ll be sweating on the Glenn situation though like you said mate haha

Dustbin Feltchers · 04/05/2015 at 23:01

if grundy gets rid of the top bun and curls his hair, he could certainly become a PERMO ruck..

Billy the kid · 04/05/2015 at 20:19

hey all would love a hand for my next few trades please !
def : shaw, oxley, mciintosh, saad, newnes, henderson (goodes, hamling)
mid: fyfe, heppel, kennedy, griffen, beams, ellis yolmen, cripps, vandenberg, (miller, heeney, kraker)
rucks: goldy, mummy (nankervis)
for: gray, swan, salem, bennel, hogan, christensen, (tarrant, clark)

i have 198k in the bank and 26 trades left !

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 07:30

I would hold for this week at least, then if there are some rookies on the bubble trade out some rookies that have maxed out in their price for them and build up a warchest

Jonesy · 04/05/2015 at 20:30

Is it worth holding B. Goodes as he isn't playing or should I be looking to downgrade him?

Gold Rush · 04/05/2015 at 20:38

If he ain't playing he ain't paying!!!! His job was to make you money.

Hughesy · 04/05/2015 at 20:48

No i'd prefer him not to play as he isn't losing cash

throttlefinger · 04/05/2015 at 20:32

Completely agree, Chicko. Time to build the money reserves. Salem has worn out his welcome. Earned but not at the rate we'd hope.

Decision this week is whether to downgrade him and leave it alone or upgrade Griff (just not seeing his value going anywhere). Decisions, decisions.

Favalinko u Beauty · 04/05/2015 at 20:55

Griff OUT Pendles IN. Lost my league game due to my opponent having the VC on Pendles, he did the big C loop and I could not make up the difference. Pendles is a must have and I don't see his price going down anytime soon and on the other hand I see Griff loosing cash as he cant put 2 good games together.

throttlefinger · 04/05/2015 at 21:04

Too unsteady for where he's at. Was always brought in as an upgrade so might as well use him for the intended purposes. Game vs Hawks can't see him doing much better than 95.

Favalinko u Beauty · 04/05/2015 at 21:22

yeah he was never a keeper for me, thought he would make a little cash and the very least hold his value. Pendels in gives me that VC and C insurance with Fyfe as Sloan has let me down.

throttlefinger · 04/05/2015 at 22:08

Solid move, Fava.

dognino · 04/05/2015 at 20:32

Only have 200k in the warchest, will hold trades this week and next week pick off Mckenzie and Glenn on the bubble by down trading newnes and Salem . Newnes by avg is my D7 , not worth holding him any longer, spewing he is going to lose more cash this week, but I want to see Mckenzie named for his third game before bringing him in.

Sarah · 04/05/2015 at 20:33

Ok guys, I'm having a few second thoughts so I need your help…

JPK or Dangerfield?

Danger has a higher ceiling, but JPK has more consistency. Who would you trade in out of those two?

Hughesy · 04/05/2015 at 20:36

JPK all the way

dognino · 04/05/2015 at 20:40

JPK , but I'm a biased sydney supporter.

Redgumwon · 04/05/2015 at 20:54

JPK for me Sarah

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 21:03

Yes JPK looks ripe for the picking this week. I reckon Danger is a good selection too but I'm more confident in JPK delivering elite scoring week in week out with all that guaranteed on ball time.

Sarah · 05/05/2015 at 12:45

What do you think of Dyson Heppell?

I'm re-thinking whether to get JPK in or not.

SCaddict · 05/05/2015 at 14:08

I'll be bringing in JPK myself. Just too much value at $547K this week to turn down personally. I was considering Hannebery too but reckon I'll hold on to the extra $50K it would've taken to get him in instead.

But yes HepD would be a great pick up too. In fact I brought him into my AFL Fantasy side last week and although he had somewhat of a mediocre game on the weekend, by his standards, I expect that to be a solid selection over the course of time.

So it's really a case of six of one, half a dozen of the other. So you may as well just pick the player you like the best and roll with it I say.

Sarah · 05/05/2015 at 15:14

Looking at the numbers again, they're pretty similar betweek JPK and Heppell. Now leaning back towards JPK to save the extra $30k for future trades.

SideBySidebottom · 05/05/2015 at 17:29

JPK this year. I think Heppell will be elite next year or the year after. His consistency is Pendlebury like but he's still building.

Favalinko u Beauty · 04/05/2015 at 21:04

Danger and Thompson both look very tempting with their next 3 easy games and I did consider bringing them in myself but questioned wether they will be in the top 10 mids by years end. In the end I paid the big bucks on Pendelbury as I don't see his price dropping anytime soon

Derek · 04/05/2015 at 21:52

JPK is already in my team. Very happy

randomcliche · 05/05/2015 at 00:36

Gone with JPK & Priddis purely on the poor output from players under contractual 'clouds'. All have their own unique reasons for sh!thouse year. Parker I think is the interesting one….when to pull the trigger, should I pull the trigger?

Locked and Loaded · 05/05/2015 at 11:43

This is just my opinion but im over JPK I feel there are POD options out there that can do the same if not better.

Sarah · 05/05/2015 at 12:44

I have always felt that JPK was a bit of a boring player, but he keeps racking up 100's.

I'm having a closer look at Heppell for an extra $30k… thoughts?

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:53

JPK if you don't have too many round 12 bye midfielders

The Ranger · 05/05/2015 at 13:47

JPK for mine Sarah. I'll take the boringly predictable 100's any day!

Bridgette · 04/05/2015 at 20:33

I really want Dalhaus in my team, is it a good time to pick him up now or should I wait?
Help community 🙂

Jdogg · 04/05/2015 at 21:09

have had him in since week one. I would day it is too late though. Doubt he is top 6. I will look to upgrade him after byes.

Girdle · 05/05/2015 at 07:29

Looking at their draw, they have an easier fixture after the bye……and they’re 4-1 after a “tough” five rounds. Why waste a trade? He’s bringing steady tons

Locked and Loaded · 05/05/2015 at 10:06

Jdogg why would you even contemplate trading out Dahlhaus?

Bridgette · 05/05/2015 at 10:23

Definitely locked and loaded, when do you suggest I try to bring him in

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:53

It is a good time

Bridgette · 05/05/2015 at 18:40

What about Goddard, who would you pick out of them?

Harry · 05/05/2015 at 14:19

I'm bringing him in this week and wanted him from rd 1. Clear fwd keeper for mine

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:36

Salem & Rich to Glenn & JPK?
Holding Lewis as he's only out for 2, but means i have to put Glenn on the field….
Unless Heeney returns or Jed Anderson plays, whats the chance of this?

Cozza · 04/05/2015 at 21:01

Heeney should be back

Brad · 04/05/2015 at 21:08

Anderson could well be named this week, with hodge and Lewis to miss..

Pavos · 04/05/2015 at 22:23

Doubt it

the sprinkler · 04/05/2015 at 20:39

if rocky scores 150 this week he will drop 50K… has a BE of just over 290

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:53

Griffen to Rockliff is gonna be the perfect trade in a few weeks!!

Derek · 04/05/2015 at 21:51

I doubt rocky will play

Milesy · 04/05/2015 at 20:46

Thinking of going Griffen to JPK and Lewis to pendlebury this week. Leaving me with around 16k. Then next week gonna swing Salem into mid and trade him to Glenn and trading goodes to Mckenzie. (Only if they play again)

Thoughts on these trades?

Brillsy21 · 04/05/2015 at 20:49

Salem cant play midfield on supercoach

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 20:52

Hmmm i don't totally agree on this.

JPK is a good bring in atm and so is Pendles but i wouldn't trade out Griffin & certainly not Lewis (only out for 2)
    You could be doing far worse then bringing in Glenn this week and then upgrading to Dependlebury or JPK.
    Next week downgrade to Mckenzie if he plays and then upgrade to the other one

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 21:10

Like these moves Milesy. Pendles is a must have and JPK looks great value right now.

Ordinarily I'd recommend holding an ultra premo like Lewis for two games especially with our midfield rookies going great guns right now.

However for whatever reason he's just not getting fully rewarded by the Supercoach scoring system this season other than his first game. He's racking up heaps of footy with respectable DE but struggling to ton up each week which makes him way more tradeable than otherwise would be the case.

He's ranked 1st in the comp in disposals, kicks and goal assists and 2nd in marks and I50s yet only has a 110 average. A player with that kind of resume probably should be averaging over 125 per game so it's a significant concern for Lewis owners.

Pavos · 04/05/2015 at 22:23

R u saying Lewis to dependelbury might be the go

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 22:43

I'm saying I wouldn't blame anyone who made that move especially given Lewis will miss a couple of game.

Perhaps Lewis can turn this worrying trend around. Probably his biggest issue is his low proportion of contested possessions this season. So long as he can keep his total disposals at this supreme level he should ton up most weeks. But if this drops off just a little or he occasionally cops a hard tag then he could really struggle to ton up more often than not.

With Pendles he gets a heap of contested footy with good DE for an inside mid and is difficult to tag so his elite scoring is relatively well assured most weeks. Also has been a top 5 player the past 5 years or more which helps.

LIke most things you pay for what you get. 🙂

Tom · 04/05/2015 at 20:55

Everything that could have gone wrong this SC season has. Three out of five captain scores below 80!

Trade in Smith and then he gets 60 and 45.

Trade in Sloane and he gets 60 and 60.

Trade Cripps for van Berlo after round 1.

Slipped to my worst ranking ever and if I don't have a significantly good round this round I think I am going to just quit with the amount of holes in my team. Such a waste of so much preseason research.

This round i'm looking at Rich to Glenn and Salem to Josh J Kennedy (WCE). Going for a POD KPF. Thoughts?

Youngster · 04/05/2015 at 21:23

It happens. I started with Ablett, Rocky, Wines. 3 injury forced trades in 3 weeks. Picked Lewis and Sloane and now have them sitting on the bench for a while…

Personally, I don't like those trades.

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 21:25

I did exactly the same with smith and sloane haha!

wanting to bring in ebert but im a port fan and too scared that if i do he wont perform lol

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 07:34

I traded beams to wines the week he got injured

judd0 · 05/05/2015 at 12:58

Just hold a week. You have obviously used a lot of trades already. I wouldn't bring in JJK but if you really believe he can get the job done go for it. Rich can stay another week won't depreciate much if at all.

SideBySidebottom · 05/05/2015 at 17:39

That would be POD suicide mate,

Youngster · 05/05/2015 at 20:37

Agreed. POD will make or break you. No good having JJK who goes missing in action whilst everybody else has Goddard who is going from strength to strength. The only POD I'm interested in is having more premos than my opponent.

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 20:57

what are people doing this week?

2 upgrades?
1 upgrade, 1 downgrade?
2 downgrades?

@KingWinter7 · 04/05/2015 at 21:28

Downgrade Salem to Glenn
    Upgrade Rich to JPK

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 21:33

im thinking salem -> glenn
      bellchambers -> s martin

or salem -> glenn (via krak)
      sheed -> pendles

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 21:39

Have accumulated a war chest due to premo injuries so this week it's time to go shopping with double upgrades.

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 21:41

how much $$$ did you have going into this week

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 21:45

Just over $1M but it was created by unusual circumstances with injuries to Bartel and Gaz. So the double upgrade is really just catching me up to the premo count most coaches already have. The upside is that I now get to buy at discounted prices.

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 21:47

okayy fair enough

what do you think with my comment above ^ would you rather s martin or pendles in

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 22:03

I'd go with Sheed to Pendles. Salem is prime for the culling but caution should apply to bringing in Glenn after just one game. Still if it's a risk you're willing to accept eyes wide open then I say go for it.

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 22:05

id need to cull a rookie to make the money for a prem thats the problem

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:42

Double upgrade with 600k, rich to danger and Salem to goddard. Leaving me 300k. Double downgrade next week! Then hold to the byes, leaving me 22 trades and only 4 rooks playing on mid ruck and fwd lines

vkvkvk · 05/05/2015 at 20:18

Newnes > McKenzie
    Salem > Goddard

the sprinkler · 04/05/2015 at 20:57

Love it how there is so much talk about make 3 downtrades in round 1 of the byes-…. that is assuming there is actually 3 downgrade rookies available that week. I would start keeping my eye out over the next month for these new cows to bring. I wont be expecting tht there will be 3 great and beautiful options just waiting conveniently for me at round one of the byes….. and then the exact right premos for me to bring in at their lowest price at the exact right time in the right bye week…..

Waiting for rocky as a 'bye' or after 'bye' upgrade is ridiculous if he is going to be at his lowest price 3 weeks before the byes…..

donuts happen- everyone who is waiting for players to be "conveniently" at their cheapest during the bye rounds may just get a rude shock when they realise they are too late.

Just some thoughts.

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 21:56

Yes the best rookies typically present early in the season but new ones always emerge as the season unfolds.

Assuming Rocky plays this week (which is no guarantee) and plays well folks will indeed have to pick him up heading into round 8 if they want to buy him at rock bottom..

However as he's very likely to be well under $500K at that point it should only take $100K or less to upgrade a CEY or Cripps to him. Most coaches should be able to easily manage that as the majority of our cash cows will have fully fattened at that point and there's likely to be at least one decent rookie across all 3 lines to downgrade to if cash is an issue.

@dimSIMpson · 05/05/2015 at 16:21

Breakeven of 280, Bound to drop to near 500k this week regardless, and 450 the week after that. He'd have to hit two 140s to stop it with a donut in there at 500K anything short of that and the rot will continue into 8-9-10.

in 3-4 rounds we could almost be going sideways from CEY/Cripps to him!

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:44

Here here take them as they come trying to balance team into byes!

liam · 04/05/2015 at 20:58

Great article chicko
Just wondering what you think of these trades
heeney to priddis
newnes to d.mckenzie
cheers

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:52

Sounds good

aaron · 05/05/2015 at 14:39

cheers

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:45

Hold newnes better off trading saad or macintosh to Mckenzie next week

Ryan · 04/05/2015 at 21:38

Who is the #1 Forward you would trade in? (I have Gray)

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 21:42

dahlhause is looking very good and is becoming a MID this week as well

Swans2012 · 05/05/2015 at 09:55

Really? Any other changes?

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 21:47

Goddard looks great value this week.

Bailey · 04/05/2015 at 22:18

Should we consider keeping oxley as a midpricer averaging 80-85 as their isn’t many options down back this season and save ourselfs a trade

Derek · 04/05/2015 at 22:35

Eventually you need to trade him. I held Terlich 2 years ago too long and Suckling last year. Must get premos

SCaddict · 04/05/2015 at 23:02

Like most rookies he'll probably hit a wall at some point as he deals with the rigours of a demanding AFL season.

But until then just bask in his capital gains awesomeness!

Great thing is we don't have to pay taxes on these gains when we eventually sell up either ha ha.

brook · 04/05/2015 at 22:29

salem -> bennel? cant afford goddard this week

or wait till next week when i can pick up buddy or maybe some others

Derek · 04/05/2015 at 22:32

Wait until you can afford Godard.

brook · 04/05/2015 at 22:40

thanks, good advice … would be a big call but aill prob hold for one more week. i only have two more spots to fill and will prob be two of buddy, dalhous and goddard. my other target is jacobs i think for R8. altoug i am seeing that most of the the tempting trade in targets have a R11 bye which is a bit annoying.

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 22:44

just watch out, goddard and dahlhaus have low BE so they might rise

Danny · 04/05/2015 at 22:45

Has anyone considered Trav Boak. Ave 105. B.E. 65 Scoring well. Main focus on Gray. Port has dream draw

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 23:02

id go ebert just because he doesnt cop as much attenton, great POD

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:52

I would agree with Tradelyf, Ebert is more reliable and cheaper

Dan · 04/05/2015 at 23:38

has ups and downs with taggers

zeesus · 05/05/2015 at 08:52

I have had him since the beginning of the season, pretty happy with his output. Would I pick him up now and spend a trade on him? Maybe.. Not sold. Gray will cop the tag a lot but with Wines done Boak is next in line. He will average 105 for the rest of the season I reckon.

SideBySidebottom · 05/05/2015 at 17:58

105 isn't enough for an elite midfield target. He won't be a top ten mid. Never trust a player who wears number one,

Traderlyf · 04/05/2015 at 23:05

who would you bring in:

Goddard using 1 trade
S Martin using 2 trades
Pendles using 2 trades

Dan · 04/05/2015 at 23:37

goddard

Youngster · 05/05/2015 at 12:13

Goddard

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:51

Goddard if you are only using one trade

SideBySidebottom · 05/05/2015 at 18:02

If you can bring in Pendles or Martin later for one trade, the Goddard. Pendles brings that consistent captaincy potential that may make him worth two trades to your team, though.

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:48

Goddard, there are downgrades on the bubble next week to make you enough cash for a 1 up and 1 down

Dustbin Feltchers · 04/05/2015 at 23:08

i see some players in dream team are gaining dpp status this week. Will this be happening in supercoach?? did it happen last year??

PADP · 05/05/2015 at 16:37

No. It occurs only in Dreamteam and that is another reason why Dreamteam is the best game.

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:48

Pff

Jacob · 04/05/2015 at 23:09

Thoughts on upgrading a rookie to Jelwood in the next couple of weeks. Is a week side affecting Selwoods SC output? Will he average 115+ again. Why has he started so slow?? Thoughts community??

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:51

I would think that is a good trade, Sloane, Rockliff, Neale are a few others in the same boat as well

Locked and Loaded · 04/05/2015 at 23:18

Don’t want to miss out on Goddard this week and the only way I can get him is by trading Heeney to Lambert then Salem to BJ. I know Lambert is injured but he will play agin this year and until then can use him as a loophole. What are people’s thoughts on this?

Dan · 04/05/2015 at 23:37

go glenn next week

Locked and Loaded · 05/05/2015 at 08:07

I’m asking about this week though I fgiddard has a good game he’ll be out of my price range next week

Sarah · 05/05/2015 at 09:44

If you really want Goddard then Heeney to Glenn is the way to go. Do you have any other options other than Heeney to downgrade? Glenn looked good last weekend and should make you some money before Lambert will. Yes it's a risk picking a rookie before they're on the bubble, but that's what you were planning on doing with Lambert anyway.

Locked and Loaded · 05/05/2015 at 10:12

Issue is Sarah Heeney to Glenn leaves me 2k short for Goddard. Have thought about it this morning and will hold hoping Goddard has a hard time against Freo then pounce next week

Sarah · 05/05/2015 at 10:22

Personally I hope Goddard doesn't have a hard time against Freo as I've just traded him in myself!!

So, no other downgrade options?
            What about McIntosh to McKenzie in defence?

Locked and Loaded · 05/05/2015 at 11:37

Is an option but leaves defense very bare but yes is an option. Leaves me with Shaw, Hibberd, Newnes, Saad, Oxley, Mckenzie could be ok

Donavan · 04/05/2015 at 23:21

Thinking of a double upgrade this week-

OUT – Griffen & Salem
IN – Josh Kennedy (Syd) & Goddard

Other alternative is-

OUT – Salem & Heeney
IN – Pendlebury & Glenn (rookie)

Thoughts?

Dan · 04/05/2015 at 23:36

id wait one more week on that til glenn is on the bubble but griff and salem do have tough draws, your call mate

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:51

Hold grif, you have to have bigger problems. Post team

Dan · 04/05/2015 at 23:32

who is the best trade in target in your opinion for round 7, got 390k in the kitty and looking to straight swap rich or steven (depending on form this week or paint the fence with the likes of salem or newton. got a mate i need to beat community grant me your wisdom 😉

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 05/05/2015 at 00:18

Do you have Pendels?

Juzzy · 05/05/2015 at 00:23

Get Goddard. He aint gonna get any cheaper.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 05/05/2015 at 00:17

Just curious? Does anyone think that D. Rich for Pendels is a a good trade?? Can D. Rich make anymore money or is his BE met?

Juzzy · 05/05/2015 at 00:28

Great Trade.
    Pendels BE is low for him. Rich's is high for him.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 05/05/2015 at 01:15

Thanks!!!!

r2d2 · 05/05/2015 at 00:47

I had jaeksh from blues purely for loophole and am looking to continue to exploit loophole but he has now played 2….. Thinking of downgrading him too h goddard or scharenberg…. To exploit loophole little longer and make another 140k to give me 310k,, is this pure madness ??

Donavan · 05/05/2015 at 08:38

Yes, it's madness

Most teams are trying to get as many playing rookies to appreciate in value, to enable upgrades.

Usually through injury/suspension/form you will end up with non-playing guys in your team, you don't need another one.

Swans2012 · 05/05/2015 at 12:19

I reckon it works, I’ve got space for a non playing Defense rookie whilst having all the $$$ makers. Remember we’ve got an extra mid rookie slot this year to make $$ from that was doing nothing at r4 last year. I had no problem getting to full premo last year so I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to get there running a loopholer at d8. Does that make sense or am I rambling…

r2d2 · 05/05/2015 at 15:00

Makes sense mate

General Soreness · 05/05/2015 at 12:32

No its not pure madness, just be sure you can afford the loss of the trade, but it is not without merit.

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:52

Madness but the berg is a good pick should play soon, big raps on the kid!

Tony · 05/05/2015 at 09:04

Thinking of going Griffen to Pendles and Salem(via dpp) to JPK. It will create a bit a problem in Round 12 but should be able to fix up before then. What do you guys think

Favalinko u Beauty · 05/05/2015 at 09:25

Did the Griff to Pendels trade and it felt right. Got to have Pendles and I don't think he will depreciate much more. Griff playing like he is just coasting and wont go up much, maybe even drop more cash. I like both those trades

Youngster · 05/05/2015 at 12:10

Yep but will this trade make you more points than upgrading another player? Yes, Griff to Pendles is a win for sure but is it the best option? Having said that, if it feels right, trust your gut.

Barney · 05/05/2015 at 14:46

I would trade Salem (via dpp) to Pendles and hold Griffen for another week or so

Harry · 05/05/2015 at 09:15

I'm wanting to do a rookie downgrade because I only have 20k but I have Tarrant and krakour. Is their anyone I can downgrade to

northernsoul74 · 05/05/2015 at 13:03

How have you only got 20k if you brought in Tarrant and Krak? Only option is to go early on Glenn and/or McKenzie

Sam · 05/05/2015 at 09:33

great stuff jock. thinking of trading langford to hannez and rich to a low priced mid what do i do

Kels · 05/05/2015 at 10:34

Newns to TMacdonald and Griffin to Neale?

Pinidu.C · 05/05/2015 at 12:01

Griffen to Neale is not a good idea. Personally, I would hold Griffen but if you're looking to trade there are much more consistent options like Heppel, Hannerbery, Danger, Mundy and so on, there's plenty to chose from.

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:49

Wait a week on Neale, he has a high breakeven. Could get a Sloane for that much next week

derek · 05/05/2015 at 13:55

I wouldn't do either.

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:52

Shit trades

Mitch · 05/05/2015 at 11:20

Newnes to Mckenzie
Salem to Goddard
Thoughts?

vkvkvk · 05/05/2015 at 20:43

that's what i am doing too

Josh · 05/05/2015 at 11:43

Trade newnes or griffin ? Or none
And yor who?

Pinidu.C · 05/05/2015 at 12:00

Hold both for now.

Josh · 05/05/2015 at 12:17

If newnes scores another sub 80 this week then should I trade?

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:53

No leave the back line!

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:48

Newnes has to go, McDonald, Simpson, Pittard are some good choices

Jacob · 05/05/2015 at 13:36

Im holding Newnes because there is too much uncertainty with who the top defenders will be, but im done with Griffen. Going straight up to an out and out gun in Pendles. Griffen just isn't going as hard as he used to, hardly any contested footy which is a recipe for inconsistency.

Josh · 05/05/2015 at 17:39

Griffen to Ebert do u think he can keep up his average?

nathan · 05/05/2015 at 11:50

Gday community

Thoughts on trading griff or Salem this week?

Can only trade one as I’m using the other which is a much trade

If I trade griff for jpk as he might might struggle against the Hawks and lose even more money

Or do I trade Salem who has a B/E of of 42 and is up against the swans and might not make it

Some feedback would be great

Youngster · 05/05/2015 at 12:04

I reckon it's the perfect time to bring in JPK. Can you really justify a trade on Griffen? I'd be inclined to let Griff slip to M7 or M8 before upgrading him. Don't make short term trading decisions based on the next game, you need to think big picture with your team. Many will be trading Salem this week but it's all about having a plan. Personally, I'm not trading either this week.

nathan · 05/05/2015 at 12:42

Hmmmmmm griff is already my m7 with Parker as my m8 coz of how shit they have been traveling
      I can hold onto Parker only because he seems to be getting the pill but griff doesn’t
      And I think Salem only has 1 more week of making money before his B/E catches up to him

derek · 05/05/2015 at 13:54

you must have a nice midfield if Parker your M8!!!

dognino · 05/05/2015 at 14:38

Technically Parker is my M7 based on average. Beating vandenberg by .2 . 85.8 avg for Parker and 85.6 for VDB. Cripps , CEY and Griffen all averaging more than Parker right now.

nathan · 05/05/2015 at 17:43

I have ellis-yolmen as my only rookie on field
          And rich
          The rest were meant to be premos but dosent seem to be working that way
          I have fyfe lewis selwood danger parker griff rich and a rookie
          But parker my m8 due to how bad he’s traveling

Jacob · 05/05/2015 at 13:41

Im moving Salem on this week. Don't think hell make any more than 10k and he is a risk to get the vest or be subbed out this week coming off a concussion.

nathan · 05/05/2015 at 17:46

Yeah i think ill move him on too
      I looked at when my rookies will be ready to go and he is right on that line now unless he smashes out 90+ he isnt worth keeping i think
      If Mckenzie from the saints is named ill swap krak and brimg him into my mids
      I was pretty keem on him through the pre season but didnt get named so went oxley
      So i expect he’ll get some games

Pinidu.C · 05/05/2015 at 11:59

Thinking of trading Daniel Rich to a premium midfielder. Someone like a Hannerbery, Heppel or Mundy perhaps. Should I trade now or wait for a Rockliff or Sloane type?
Great article Chicko

SideBySidebottom · 05/05/2015 at 19:03

Rockliff and Sloane are very likely to be top ten midfielders. The others look close but not quite. Trust your gut.

MC · 05/05/2015 at 19:55

Danger field!

Sausage · 05/05/2015 at 12:02

Onya Jock. Just a quickie, hannebery or pendels

john · 05/05/2015 at 13:14

dependlebury

Sausage · 05/05/2015 at 13:30

langford for pendals, rich for vandenberg?

SideBySidebottom · 05/05/2015 at 19:04

Hannebery isn't going to be a potential captain, Pendlebury is.

Youngster · 05/05/2015 at 12:07

Without knowing more details, it's hard to say. One thing is for certain, Rich needs to be traded at some point. In theory, the quicker you can trade up your stepping stones like Rich to genuine premos, the better. If you have the cash and everything else is going ok, I'd pull the trigger. But definitely get a plan in place to get Sloane and a bargain priced Rocky into your team in the coming weeks.

sean · 05/05/2015 at 12:08

thoughts on lukas webb?

Danners16 · 05/05/2015 at 12:41

Still a viable rookie option

Vic City · 05/05/2015 at 12:22

Is Goddard a must this round?

Can either go
Salem -> Goddard
or
Rich -> Pendles
either will leave my bank a little thin before some culls

General Soreness · 05/05/2015 at 12:29

Goddard will rise $15K if he scores 105.

Personally I think Pendles is a must have and the Rich to Pendles is a better long term trade.

judd0 · 05/05/2015 at 12:45

Essendon have Fremantle over there so I cant imagine Goddard going huge.
    Collingwood have Geelong at the G.
    The Pendlebury trade is a good one, Goddard should be a good trade in next week still as he shouldn't go large this weekend against Freo.

northernsoul74 · 05/05/2015 at 12:57

Only issue with waiting until next week for Goddard is that you may want to use both trades next week on double downgrade of Glenn and McKenzie.

Sim · 05/05/2015 at 12:56

Gday community….need some help!
Who do I trade out for NVB??? Looking for a downgrade but no real rookies this week. Is Glenn my only option, don't like jumping on a rookie after just one game, but I can't let NVB loose more money! Advise please

derek · 05/05/2015 at 14:36

whose place in the Suns team did Glenn take? are they likely to come back or did Glenn do enough to hold his place?

Sarah · 05/05/2015 at 15:15

I reckon he did enough to hold his place. I'll be waiting for him to be on the bubble though. I also think he took Swallow's spot, who is out for a little while with a knee injury.

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 16:13

Get rid of him for glenn or if you don’t have a loophole already get lambert or someone similar who will probably play later on

aaron · 05/05/2015 at 13:31

great article chicko
Just wondering if these are good trades
houli to picken
fyfe to libba
cheers

Chicko · 05/05/2015 at 13:33

Sounds good to me, especially like the fyfe to libba trade.

John · 05/05/2015 at 13:37

Yeah good trades. Picken is a good pick up

derek · 05/05/2015 at 14:38

if you wait another week, Zac dawson should get a game. I here that Ross will be playing him as on-ball mid-fielder 🙂

aaron · 05/05/2015 at 14:41

thank derek will be looking into Zac dawson in the upcoming weeks as I believe that he will be a top 3 defender and a great POD

Bailey · 05/05/2015 at 18:09

Try jumping off the Westgate instead

aaron · 05/05/2015 at 13:34

cheers chicko

Jacob · 05/05/2015 at 13:40

Just a word of advice. If youre looking to bring in JPK this week make sure you've considered bye situations!!! Fyfe, Pendles, Parker, Ablett, Watson and Sidebottom all share the bye with JPK which could make for a few midfield doughnuts in round 12.

derek · 05/05/2015 at 13:59

Pridis is an interesting one for me. I had him and Olie Wines in my midfield pre-season before changing to Fyfe and Smitchell. Happy so far. I was happy to consider Pridis at $600k, now he is cheaper, what do people reckon?

Pauly Walnuts · 05/05/2015 at 14:48

I'm seriously thinking Priddis as he has the 3rd bye,whilst most of the other Premo Mids have the 1st & 2nd bye – Sellwood excepted

Jay · 05/05/2015 at 15:24

Great option – last year was averaging around the same heading into the byes then exploded later in the year – looking similar this year!!

Freddy · 05/05/2015 at 14:22

531 k for a mid who do i get?

Damon · 05/05/2015 at 14:37

Ben Mcglynn

aaron · 05/05/2015 at 14:38

yeah i agree ben mcglynn is a great option

Pauly Walnuts · 05/05/2015 at 15:06

He's gotta get a first,emergency last week

Jay · 05/05/2015 at 15:23

B Ebert is looking the goods this year, been pretty consistent – 80 his lowest score against Hawks, rest 100+ with a high of 142 – worth 518k, also a fairly soft draw coming up….Eagles, Lions, Tigers, Demons then Dogs, Cats and Blues before Port's bye….

demon · 05/05/2015 at 17:23

dangerfield

Holty · 05/05/2015 at 14:32

This is only my opinion community but what is this panic with Rich? Why are people trading him out? He is averaging 96 on a side that hasn't won a game. He is averaging more than some of the so called premiums we started with. Apart from Port, they have a easy run leading to the bye. I'll be holding as long as I can and he will probably be the last upgrade I'll make in the midfield. If he keeps his average of 96, he should be very close to $500,000 by the bye rounds. Thats when I plan to cash in.

Jay · 05/05/2015 at 15:06

Absolutely…..if i had Rich, I'd be holding him for a few more weeks for sure – he's doing a hell of a lot better than likes of Griffen/Parker/Joelwood, so i can't see any logical reason to trade him out yet!!

PADP · 05/05/2015 at 16:44

I cannot believe the number of trigger finger Supercoachers out there. Remember 'Patience is a virtue'. Vaule your trades. Most of you should have about 26 trades left. I have Lewis and Sloane and although Cripps and Vanda might not score as much these two will provide some temporary cover.

Holty · 05/05/2015 at 17:45

Like it PADP

dean · 05/05/2015 at 14:36

I have 3 turds stinking up my team this round that i need to deal with, Salem, Van burlo and Newnes, I have stuck fat with newnes for the last few weeks but he just does not seem to be getting any better, and with a high break even this week, it might be time for him to leave, but there is nobody who i want atm in my team, all of the people i would want have massive breakevens, and if i try and downgrade these rookies, ill have to much cash in the bank, and probably lose rounds :s

@dimSIMpson · 05/05/2015 at 16:32

His stats aren't as bad as it seems. Poor disposal efficiency(some weeks) and a high frees against count has cost him most weeks.

Had 21 disp. at 85% on the weekend! I'm waiting it out!

Tony · 06/05/2015 at 12:36

Yes, his disposal efficiency was right up this week. At 3/4 time he was poised to near the ton for the first time. Then a new Newnes problem arose (just what we didn't need) – he went missing in the last quarter. Just when the Saints need all of their soldiers to lift, Newnes hid in the backline and didn't get involved..

Finding it harder to justify keeping him by the week. Wish I didn't fall for the pre-season hype.

whitelinewombat · 05/05/2015 at 14:54

Hunt to? McDonald, Birchall, Taylor?

Jay · 05/05/2015 at 15:02

Taylor's sounds better surname than first name, so go Taylor H to H Taylor! 🙂

Jay · 05/05/2015 at 14:58

Great article Chicko! I actually wasn't going to pull the pin on any rookies yet, but my hands are a little forced, with Pops Kelly rupturing a nut……I'm thinking of downgrading Kelly to McKenzie (I hate having to bring in guys who have only played 1 game, but…) – giving me enough cash to pull the pin on Salem to JPK (via Krak)

Jeremy · 05/05/2015 at 15:09

With Jack Martin out at least for a couple, and no other glaring issues with my team, he’s on the way out this week. Gives me $525k to spend on a forward. I already have Gray, Martin, Goddard, and I’m just short of being able to bring in Smith or Swan (will get him in later). Leaves Franklin and Dahlhaus as the most obvious options. Leaning towards Dahl at this stage. Thoughts?

Matt · 05/05/2015 at 16:05

Dalhaus is a good option. He should get a lot of the ball this season.

MC · 05/05/2015 at 21:36

Would go the bud, hasn’t really had a good run at it with weather conditions, think his worst score is a 90. Better option for mine. STICK TO PROVEN PREMIUMS!!

John · 05/05/2015 at 15:13

Thoughts on Taylor Adams and Jack Ziebell vs upgrading only to JPK?

Pinidu · 05/05/2015 at 16:13

I have 200K and 23 trades left and my team looks like this:

Hodge, Shaw, Hibbo, Newnes, Oxely, Saad (McKintosh, J.Kelly)
Fyfe, PENDLEBURY, Lewis, Griffen, Bontempelli, Rich, CEY, VBerg (Heeney, Krak, Lambert)
Goldstein, Maric (Lucey)
Gray, Swan, Martin, Hogan, Tarrant, Salem (Clark, Lonie)

Community, PLEASE help. I am very worried and don't know what to do next?

derek · 05/05/2015 at 17:35

you have made a few trades already, you must have been injury hit.

Team looks ok, only have Lambert as injury worry but he is good for DPP & loophole and when fit will play.

Hodge & lewis will miss a few games, but you should hold them both, me think a rest will do Hodge a lot of good for rest of season. you have rookies who can cover for them.

I would just hold all trades this week, let your cash cows (including salem) fatten some more and wait to see what the next batch of rookies you can trade down to as there are not many at the moment.

Pinidu.C · 06/05/2015 at 10:18

Thanks so much for you're advice. Now I can formulate a plan to go forward.
      Thanks

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2015 at 19:21

If Hodge gets 4 weeks or more, IMO you have to trade him out and replace him with an in form defender such as Houli, Mc Donald, Rance, or Pittard. Lewis has copped two and he can be put on your bench for loopholing purposes.

As you have used a few trades already I would sit on the other trade this week. However, if you want to be aggressive and have the cash you could consider trading Rich for someone like Goddard. (MID/FWD)

Hope this helps

Cheers

Pinidu.C · 06/05/2015 at 10:18

Thanks a lot mate, you've just made me a lot calmer than I was yesterday.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 05/05/2015 at 16:15

Just Keeps getting better…..Lewis suspended 2 games Sloane most likely wont play and after Bennell goes off the hook last weekend he gets dropped for breaking the Booze Ban. Not sure it cant get any worse??? They need to give a few more trades between injuries suspension it's friggin brutal!!!

Gold Rush · 05/05/2015 at 23:36

Hmmm, we need Subs on each line that only count as a trade when you bring them on, then when you take them back out you get the trade back. They also don't count in the initial $10M limit. Some how just don't think it would work.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 06/05/2015 at 00:04

I have subs just discouraging……when your premos get the knock…..I have heenney and krak to fill in for sloan and lewis and membrey for bennell but I'd rather go with the 3 that arent playing!

Dave2008 · 05/05/2015 at 16:21

My issues are Goodes Kelly Sloane Newness Salem and Lewis in that rough order.

Goodes obvious high be low if any J’s or game time trade

Kelly could hold as I have two winnable league games and who are the top keeper defs? Probably trade

Sloane uncertain but couldn’t b more than 2 keeper hold

Newness ave about his price could come good and to who? Hold

Salem with Goodes /Kelly higher priority hold a week

Lewis two weeks keeper hold

So :

Thumbs up downgrade Goodes and trade Kelly

Thumbs down upgrade Goodes hold Kelly 230 k in bank

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 17:03

Goodes: Not that big of a deal if you have enough cover and he doesn't play. If he does get named trade him though

Kelly: Trade him out. You could go to Simpson, Smith etc or you could go down to McKenzie which is riskier but if you need to build your warchest that's the best option

Salem: Trading him out can wait

As for the rest of them, you answered those problems on your own

jimmyjim · 05/05/2015 at 16:25

Thoughts on D Rich to JPK?

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 17:06

Go for it

@dimSIMpson · 05/05/2015 at 16:27

One trade: Salem > Goddard and hold a trade, some cash and rookies for a bit.,

or two trades, Goddard in for salem, and:
(Spending up to 230k)

One of (Saad/Roberton/Newnes/Lumumba/KMac) out for (Pittard/HTaylor/just about any other defender)
OR TBC to (Mumford/Blicavs/Anyone but goldy) and sticking Ryder to F5.

Anthony · 05/05/2015 at 16:56

hey community just need some advice. Looking at going Salem to Boak and Goodes to McKenzie. I know McKenzie has only had one game. The only alternatives I have are Kelly and Andrews. Kelly has a decent BE and has not risen in price to much is worth considering too. Also think Salem is ready to go even if he may possibly increase a little bit more, Boak is likely to have a much higher increase.

Current Team
DEF: Shaw, Higgins, Ibbotson, Newnes, Oxley, Saad, McIntosh, [Goodes]
MID: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Sloane, Parker, Griffen, Ellis-Yolmen, Vandenberg, Miller, Newtown, Heeney, Krakouer
RUC: Goldstein, Naitanui, Read
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Bellchambers, Hogan, [Salem], Clark, Tarrant

derek · 05/05/2015 at 17:25

I'm assuming you gave to sell Goodes to have the cash for Boak? Boak will do well, he at a good price

Traderlyf · 05/05/2015 at 20:46

id go ebert over boak – eberts cheaper, averaging more and will not cop as much attention as boak will with tags

Anthony · 08/05/2015 at 14:07

Don't need the cash but selling Goodes to avoid losing more money. Was planning on getting McKenzie anyways but will have to pull the trigger early.

I can get anyone into the midfield and Boak seems a reasonable choice from a strong team. The concern I have is once Wines comes back how much will his output drop and also he is usually the number lockdown target for opposition.

Just not sure who to get

NateCrows · 05/05/2015 at 17:24

Dear Harley Bennell,
I have stuck fat with you and you rewarded me last week. Then what you do? Go out and get on the turps because you win a game…
Leadership group have to sit you out… Thanks Harley appreciate you being a twat

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 05/05/2015 at 17:35

Same here!!! Thanks Bennell!

Charlesy · 05/05/2015 at 17:27

Hi community, those of you with Bennell Matera and McKenzie will be pleased to hear they’ve been suspended by the club for drinking. Playing the Crows on sat night already with a depleted list.

I N Pieman · 05/05/2015 at 18:24

May & Martin gone as well. Might need top up players

Bailey · 05/05/2015 at 18:37

Glenn assured of a game then?

I N Pieman · 05/05/2015 at 18:48

You’d certainly think so. He was good. Nice downgrade option looming

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2015 at 18:57

Absolutely. I am thinking of taking a punt and getting him in this week for Heeney. I always like to play slightly ahead of the main pack. Now that so many Gold Coasters are missing, he should again get a fair bit of the pill. I am prepared to cull Heeney as he will not generate a lot of coin for the month after his 7 the other week.

Is it worth the calculated risk?

Cheers

I N Pieman · 05/05/2015 at 19:01

I’m not getting rid if Heeney tophawk. Memories of Lewis Taylor last year. Everyone jumped off & he became one hell of a cow.

Bailey · 05/05/2015 at 19:30

As I have NVB I’ll be trading Glenn for him but if you reckon Heeney won’t go up much more with that 7. I sopose there is nothing wrong with waiting a week.

Cozza · 05/05/2015 at 23:13

Not sure why everyone is jumping on Glenn this week – if you are getting him as a cash cow you have another free week to look at him. If he spuds up, JS will be low (particularly when the suspended players are back) so a possibility of being dropped. If you hold off another week, you will have had the chance to have a look at him over 2 weeks and will know for sure whether he will play in his 3rd game to get a price increase. Wasting a trade if he only plays 2 games for the year.

Charlesy · 05/05/2015 at 18:04

My spies also tell me Dayne Beams has a sore knee and may miss. Rwyhif (remember where you heard it first) lol

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2015 at 18:52

Interesting development Charlesy!

Where did you hear this and if true, how serious is his knee problem?

Cheers

I N Pieman · 05/05/2015 at 19:02

Read the same thing in facebook a few hours ago. What’s going on in Qld!

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2015 at 19:36

Dear ohh dear. Looks like the supercoach gods have been raining down on QLD, literally!!!

Charlesy · 05/05/2015 at 19:38

A mate that follows Brisbane Tophawk. He gets these things right most times too. Just described it as knee soreness and in doubt this week.

Liam · 05/05/2015 at 18:13

What to do with Andrew Swallow??

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2015 at 18:50

The hammer has dropped on Ryan Griffin this week. He is out and replaced by Pendlebury. I need midfield grunt now that Sloane will likely miss. Pendles seems to be running into form now and his price has bottomed. I will put the V on Pendles for the Friday night clash. If he does the business Captain Fyfe will be relieved of his responsibility and Sloane (Who at this stage is unlikely to play) will put on the field with the C.

Good move community?

Cheers

Phil · 05/05/2015 at 19:15

Yeah I like it Tophawk I'm doing the exact same thing only I already have Pendles so Fyfe is the one I'm getting. Automatic VC/C between the 2 here as well.
    Regarding Griffen the way I see it he has to go now or you keep him until the byes. Reason being there aren't many cows ready to slaughter just yet (my only bring Salem) but as of next week there should be 2 cows ready to go every week. Griffen playing the Hawks makes the decision a little easier.

Traderlyf · 05/05/2015 at 20:54

stuck on wether to trade salem straight for goddard

or cull sheed to someone like glenn and then trade salem to pendles via krak

Really would like pendles but straight swap salem to goddard is too hard to resist

Ashley J · 05/05/2015 at 18:57

Trading out Salem for Dalhaus or Goddard?

TOPHAWK1 · 05/05/2015 at 19:10

I am leaning to Goddard. DPP is always handy.

Ashley J · 05/05/2015 at 19:12

I thought Dalhaus was DPP haha 🙂
      Thanks for the help!

Traderlyf · 05/05/2015 at 20:55

dahlhaus will have the DPP tomorrow hopefully

Cozza · 05/05/2015 at 23:10

Pretty sure thats only in AFL Fantasy – no changes to position in supercoach as far as I know – someone please correct me if wrong!

Yogi · 05/05/2015 at 19:25

$400k in the bank. If I trade Heeney and Salem out can get Mitchell x 2 (Sam & Tom)

Thoughts?

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 19:46

Tom mitchell: Not enough js for me
    Sam mitchell: Not worth picking up. You will probably have to trade him later on

Tyler · 05/05/2015 at 19:47

Forgot to say this but it's best to hold both trades this week and paint the fence next week

dognino · 05/05/2015 at 19:50

I'd treat Titch like a rookie, wait until he gets named for his third game, even then he might not play too many. Heard talk he might only get called in for the wet games.

derek · 06/05/2015 at 09:01

I got Sam Mitchell in my starting team. There is always a risk with him, but happy so far with a few 100+ scores. People have forgotten how good at getting the contested ball he is.

not sure I would bring him in now though, would be looking at Ultra premiums

Tom Mitch…no way!

Cyril is Delicious · 05/05/2015 at 19:55

I have a mate considering Liam Picken, would love the communities thoughts? I don’t like it one bit

MC · 05/05/2015 at 20:00

Not proven would go Enright (and not tmac either)

Poloko48 · 05/05/2015 at 19:57

Hi community,

Off to my slowest start yet, currently ranked 63,680 so a lot of ground to make up!

So I need to get some premos in, particularly if Sloane is out this week.

OUT NVB IN Hannebery
OUT MClark IN Floggard

Only $15.3K left in bank.

Team:

DEF: Enright, Oxley, Lumumba (MID), Saad (MID), KMac, Newnes (MID) (Goodes, HGoddard (FWD))
MID: Pendles, Hanners, Sloane, Rich, CEY, Parker, SMitch, Krak (FWD) (Vandenberg, Heeney, Anderson)
RUC: Goldy, Maric (Read (FWD)
FWD: Swan (MID), Bennell (MID), Floggard (MID), Bont (MID), Gray (MID), Tarrant (Hogan, Lamb)

Thoughts? 22 trades left, have the following choices left to upgrade to premo + downgrade to rookie bench keepers, the rest will more than likely be keepers at this stage:
DEF: Saad, KMac, Goodes, Goddard
MID: Rich, CEY, Krak, Vandenberg, Heeney, Anderson
FWD: Tarrant, Hogan, Lamb

I think I need to hold on trades for a couple of weeks then it's more lamb slaughters!

Would love some feedback, current bye structure is 9/11/10 (players out).

Thanks all!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 05/05/2015 at 22:04

Dont trade Clark yet!……..go Rich to Fyfe and and Heenney to glenn

Pavos · 05/05/2015 at 20:02

How would I use dpp to get go Salem to pendles

SCaddict · 05/05/2015 at 20:15

First up you need to a DPP like Krak, Lambert, Swan, Dusty or Gray in your MIDFIELD. If you don't then you're SOL.

But if you do hit the T button on Salem, scroll down your team list on the left and click on the S (substitute) next to your DPP player in your midfield. Then a list of midfield trade in options should present including Pendles.

JB · 05/05/2015 at 20:14

Gray or Goddard or Dalhaus?

SCaddict · 05/05/2015 at 20:30

Goddard looks best bang for the buck this week but if you don't have Gray it might be a good time to get him in with Port's upcoming draw.

Phil · 05/05/2015 at 20:35

Gray

Adzy · 05/05/2015 at 20:24

Im going to trade out van berlo.. i can afford pendles but it will only leave me with 70k for next week. alternatively i could bring in the likes of jpk or mundy and have some cash in reserve for next week for another premo.

or should is just wait till next week.. scored 2247 last week

Phil · 05/05/2015 at 20:34

Pendles now.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 05/05/2015 at 22:05

yep need pendels

Pavos · 05/05/2015 at 20:32

25 trades left, I think Salem must get moved on for pendles, due to pendles being a top 3 mid, which means I have pendles,Parker,Fyfe,heeney,touk all have the same bye but it's time to pick pendles up now while he is 30k cheaper and on the up, Goddard can wait, next week I will double down to Glenn and Mckenzie then no trades followed by Goddard/franklin/daulhaus, leaving me with 20 trades at the bye where I will implement the Peter Higgo strategy how does the plan sound community?

Traderlyf · 05/05/2015 at 21:00

Team:

DEF: Smith, Simpson, Higgins, Newnes, Oxley, Mcintosh (Saad, Kelly)
MID: Fyfe, Heppell, Sloane, Lewis, Parker, Cripps, CEY, Vandenberg (Sheed, Miller, Krak)
FWD: Gray, Martin, Swan, Bontempelli, Tarrant (Salem, Clark)

Looking to get in pendles or goddard, what are peoples thoughts?

Tofor · 05/05/2015 at 22:14

Griffin or Rich out for Pendles?
Griffin is annoying and Rich has just about peaked in value.

SideBySidebottom · 06/05/2015 at 22:15

Griffen.

Cozza · 05/05/2015 at 23:17

Why are people talking about bringing Glenn and McKenzie in this week? They will not change in price this week and there is no guarantee of a 3rd game for them. Hopefully they do play the 3rd game, but is it worth the risk? Wasting a precious trade if they don't play that 3rd game.

SCaddict · 06/05/2015 at 00:04

Yes waiting for bubble boys to be named for their third game before pulling the trigger is the sensible thing to do. However some coaches badly want to get someone in this week like Pendles and may need the cash by downgrading to Glenn or McKenzie to make that other trade happen. It's an undeniable risk that can sometimes backfire.

For in the end patience and restraint is usually rewarded in this game as there are always at least one or two must have premos every single week. This week it's Pendles and Goddard. Who knows next week it could be Selwood or Buddy.

David · 05/05/2015 at 23:30

Touk Miller or Krak on field in midfield?

TBC, hogan or clark on field?

Traderlyf · 05/05/2015 at 23:34

im going krak and TBC

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 06/05/2015 at 00:08

Miller and hogan

Jono · 06/05/2015 at 08:27

Should i hogan to pendlebury via swing this week ?
I know hogan should go up another 20 k this week but pendlebury should also go up 10-20 k
So it would basically be the same thing if i do it now or next week
Thoughts ?

Jordan · 06/05/2015 at 19:37

Has anyone noticed Mitch Golby? 314,000 with an average of 90. I need to get rid of Hodge so do i get Golby to make some cash or a premium defender