Deploying-a-patch-management-processG’day community. Last week, our premiums were giving us headaches. This week, rookies are causing the anguish.

While it’s not unexpected, these boys had stepped up to fill significant voids in the absence of guns scoring well, and we had come to trust them.

But alas, Mitch Clark will miss. Heeney will miss. Whitecross is gone. So is Ahmed Saad for the Saints. We have to face the reality that these players will not be scoring 80 for us all year. The last crop of rookies is coming through. This is the crucial last grasp before bunkering down and conserving trades. Let’s get into round 5, community.

THE NEWS

Dane Swan and Robbie Gray – On top of our rookie news, Dane Swan spent the week in a moon boot and Robbie Gray didn’t train. Both have been listed and are expected to play, but I’m nervous. Set your forward emergencies. Possibly two of them if you can.

Brett the “Football? What’s Football?” Deledio – Same old. Missing again. Apparently will be playing next week, but we’ve heard that twice already this year and it’s round 5.

Mitch Clark – Clark has inflamed his left foot, which is not the one that has sidelined him for previous seasons. He also has a breakeven of -13, so has plenty of cash to make. He should be back next week, if not the week after. Hold.

Isaac Heeney – I’m personally torn on Heeney and as such will be keeping him. If you’ve got to give someone the chop, make it him. With Tom Mitchell in Sydney’s side Heeney might be relegated to the sub vest, but I’m holding him for a bit. Will play again, and soon.

Ahmed Saad and Brendan Whitecross –While not many have these two, they’ve been dropped and that’s bad news for rookies. This is bad news especially for Whitecross, as Hawthorn still have Lake and Frawley to come back into their defence. If you’ve got one of these two, I’d cut your losses and go to Tarrant, Krakouer or Jake Kelly down back.

David Swallow & Nick Malceski – not just content with ruining their averages for the year, Swallow and Malceski seem to have decided if the linchpins of their midfield – Gary Ablett and Jaeger O’Meara – aren’t going to do any work, they’re not either. They’re out of the team for extended periods. Hit the T button. Good news for Adam Saad, Touk Miller and those of you who held Kolodjashnij.

THE PATCH-UP

If you’re looking to patch up your side this week – downgrade. We are seeing some juicy premiums dropping in coming weeks – JPK, Rockliff, Selwood and co. – and we will need the cash to jump to them. So if you have dead wood you need to remove – I’m looking at you, Brett Goodes – go down. Adelaide’s Kelly is on the bubble this week in the backline, while Krakouer and Tarrant are the other two good rookies on offer. As discussed in the Thursday night podcast, Newnes is not dead wood. Hold.

However, if you’re sitting pretty, conserve trades. You want 24 minimum left after this weekend – it is a marathon and those trades are worth so much come the end of the year.

As always, I’ll try and be around in the comments, or you can tweet me on the twitters @PatchToTheMax.

TRADING PLACES

Remember, Eddie Murphy’s price is on the way up and Dan Aykroyd’s is struggling and will dip.

Eddie Murphy’s

-141 – Robbie Tarrant
-100 – Nathan Krakouer
-85 – Patrick Cripps
-48 – Touk Miller
-44 – Lucas Webb

Significant others – most rookies

Dan Aykroyd’s

298 – Tom Rockliff
196 – Michael Barlow
182 – Kieran Jack
169 – Jack Zeibell
169 – Rory Sloane

Significant others include Mumford and JPK on 163, Lewis on 146 and Fyfe on 145.

THE ROOKIE RUMBLE

We have seen our first rookies fall in the race to the top of the jungle. Ahmed Saad and Brendan Whitecross were proven not up to the task, while Clark and Heeney have fallen due to injury. They are finally learning how tough the rumble in the jungle truly is.

Defenders

Nothing overly interesting to gape at here. None of them should be made the sub, so this is in order of scoring consistency and potential. However, Jake Kelly is sitting in the second-last spot on an extended Adelaide bench which has me worried for him. If you are looking to trade him in, maybe hold off until Sunday teams are announced.

Saad
Oxley
McIntosh
J Kelly
Brown

Midfielders

Once again, reasonably self-explanatory. Duggan should slip free of the green vest if only because he’s had it so often, while I’m not worried by vandenBerg or Ellis-Yolman on the pine. Touk Miller should step up in a depleted Gold Coast midfield. Slip Krak forward if possible.

Cripps
vandenBerg
Ellis-Yolman
Miller
Krakouer
Newton
Duggan

Rucks

“The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning a rookie ruckman.” – Fredrick Neitzche

Even the great philosophers struggled with Supercoach.

Forwards

You can’t leave the rookie bloke averaging 100 off the field, even if he is playing the reigning premiers. You will probably be disappointed if you expect another ton, but anything over 70 is brilliant for us. Hogan is playing in the wet against Freo, but did so last week against Rance and still scored 118, so I’m backing him for a 65+ here. Webb is on the bubble for the doggies, but I haven’t looked twice at him. Ditto Andrews. None of them bar Webb are in danger of the vest, miraculously.

Tarrant
Hogan
Krakouer
McCarthy
Salem
Lonie
Andrews
Webb

Best of luck community,

Patch

jimmydowland · 01/05/2015 at 14:29

So you would trade brett goodes to jake kelly.. not wait for daniel mckenise?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 14:39

Depends on your situation Jimmy. If you've got no bench cover, spare trades and no other issues, I'd go for the trade. But it's not an urgent one and should push his way back into the Doggie's side.

Charlesy · 01/05/2015 at 14:42

Wait for Mc Kenzie mate

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 10:55

Mckenzie's job security wont be that great as of now

I N Pieman · 01/05/2015 at 14:35

Nice one Patch. Salem or Lonie on the park. Can't loop it. Concerned about what Freo did to Salem in that preseason game.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 14:40

It's not a nice round for looping, is it Pieman? I've got Salem down because he plays a much friendlier Supercoach role than Lonie does, but it's a bit of a toss of a coin. I've had to put both on field, but I'd back Salem in.

I N Pieman · 01/05/2015 at 14:58

It's a shocking week for looping Patch. If your keeping Heeney like I am you can only loop Cripps. Geelong plays early this week so looping Clark is actually impossible given most of our forward rookies play late. Not a great scenario in the backline either. This is the week we need to nail selections. I have Salem slightly ahead but with no confidence.

Chicko · 01/05/2015 at 15:55

I'm in exactly the same predicament this week Pieman. Heeney my only loop!

Michael · 01/05/2015 at 19:35

I've got too many loops! Only one E in CEY playing – I had him benched as he went off with an ankle last week so he may struggle this week, particularly in the heat of Showdown.
          I have loads of deadwood on the pine with Goodes / Goddard (DEF), CEY / Heeney / Anderson (MID), Clark/ Lamb (FWD). So I'm stuffed if the rumours of Swanny & Gray are accurate (Swanny would have to be a REALLY late out now lol).
          Have 24 trades left, have all the good rookies though so will sit and wait for them to fatten and hopefully get by without donuts!

Charlesy · 01/05/2015 at 14:44

Great work Patch. Thanks mate. I’m still debating vb or heeney for krak. What do you think?

Tulendeena · 01/05/2015 at 14:54

I reckon NVB will come good

heeney for me

Charlesy · 01/05/2015 at 15:02

Thanks Tulendeena, that’s how my team stands at the moment but I’ve looked at both. Lamb to Tarrant was an easy call for me but heeney v vb is harder

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 15:32

EDITED: having just checked the Breakevens, van Berlo needs to hit 64 to go up in price. Will struggle to hit it. Keep Heeney.

Charlesy · 01/05/2015 at 18:16

Thanks very much Patch. Appreciate your help mate

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:05

I have the same issue – I traded NVB for the following reasons:
    1. His BE is 64 – that is 20 more than his score last week and only 10 less than his average;
    2. His output seems to have decreased over the last 2 weeks since Thompson came back in (avg 55);
    3. Heeney BE is only 35, which includes the 7. He will still go up in price when he is back on the park (which should be next week), and will go up even more when the 7 is out of his rolling average;
    4. Using Heeney this week to help with rookie scores – putting E on Cripps, so will take his score if its okay – otherwise will put Krak or Miller on the park.

Charlesy · 01/05/2015 at 18:31

Brilliant Cozza. Just completed the trades. In Tarrant out lamb. In Krakouer out vb. thanks mate

BrettDobbo · 01/05/2015 at 14:55

Should I keep Newnes or bring in Hodge? My backline is Shaw, Higgins, Newnes Harry L, Saad, Oxley, Henderson, McIntosh have 23 trades left and 1 this round with lots in the bank $520k

@thecowza · 01/05/2015 at 15:27

Hold newnes.. won't be tagging this week with Mav Weller back in hopefully.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 15:29

Hold Newnes. Lek has promised us he'll bash out a 90 this week against the Bombers. (No pressure, Lek.)

LEKD0G · 01/05/2015 at 15:57

Lock in a 90

shezza · 01/05/2015 at 23:26

What’s Newnes BE this week?

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 10:56

100+ i think

General Soreness · 01/05/2015 at 14:55

Just goes to show that this is the greatest supercoach website, show me another site where you get a week full of outstanding articles and podcasts only to be bookended with this article, a nugget of supercoach gold with the research done for you and to top it all off, it quotes effing Neitzche. Fark me, brilliant!

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 15:30

haha thanks General! Made all the better by your comments, sir.

Chicko · 01/05/2015 at 15:56

You speak on behalf of the community General – you could not have summarised it any better!

Charlesy · 01/05/2015 at 15:00

Spot on General. I find myself checking in many times a day. I love the ideas and the positive nature of everyone.

wombat · 01/05/2015 at 15:02

Kudos for effort patch but this is just a regurgitation of info we clearly all already know! I don’t see much in this article that is new, everything has been covered in news articles and podcasts. Some originality next time please!

General Soreness · 01/05/2015 at 15:14

Well what to say here. Hrmmm. Cearly wombat you are across your supercoach stuff as you know everything already. But the harsh reality is not everyone is and the article is designed to provide those with little time to research a leg up on a Friday so for mine, it hits its intended goal.

As a suggestion perhaps rather than mashing away at the keyboard with vitriolic nonsense, perhaps provide an alternative, or an additional opinion, a snippet of your own wisdoms to assist the community rather than just feeding off it or deriding it. Putting a Kudos at the front is not a get out of jail card where you can waffle on without substance after that point.

Sarah · 01/05/2015 at 15:21

Here here General!

@thecowza · 01/05/2015 at 15:29

Agreed General, this article is intended for those that don't have time to catch up on all the supercoach news and want a quick fix! I'm following all the news during the week and I still pick up bits and pieces from patches articles. Keep up the good work patch!

wombat · 01/05/2015 at 16:09

Well general Kudos for the response! I feel if articles are going to be put up to increase web hits > to increase advertising revenue they should at least be of substance. Break evens (done on a thousand different sites), quoting rookies (hmmm, who are the good rookies…??? Newsflash, everyone already knows – read the 4 other threads this week) and advising people of injury returns (WOW, stop the press… didn't know swan and gray were back.) !! Nah, you're right General!! I was wrong, roll out the "Ripping article Patch" call, it's on the mark! I think patches articles can best be summed up by his own words "Nothing overly interesting to gape at here" and "Once again, reasonably self-explanatory"!

General Soreness · 01/05/2015 at 16:28

Starting to sound like the real Wombats, if so welcome back. Notably you have not sought to proffer any wisdoms.

I feel you are missing the point by that far it is as if Travis Cloke himself was kicking at goal.

"the article is designed to provide those with little time to research a leg up on a Friday so for mine"

That is the point be careful not to miss it.

"Nothing overly interesting to gape at here" and "Once again, reasonably self-explanatory"! – To you perhaps, but possibly very interesting and informative for the time poor.

In addition the articles here also provide a forum whereby discussions such as this one ensue. It is quite often from those discussions that different ideas thinking etc come alive. Without the pretense of the articles I am sure there would be a less robust community and by extension discussion.

If it is the increase in webhits and advertising revenue that has your goat, I am sure that Jock thanks you for visiting and contributing to the traffic.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:34

So far I've had an enthusiastic response, Wombat, and a lot of people don't have the time you do to trawl the news and the stats. Thanks for the feedback – yes this week was a bit rushed, and there wasn't a huge amount of big news to 'spice up' the panic room this week.

Jock has asked me to fill a role. It might not be the flashiest of roles or have the groundbreaking strategic analysis given by Mick or Johnny Bruyn, but some people find it useful. Not everyone does. You seem to be in the latter, which is fine.

Chefs Arsse fc · 01/05/2015 at 17:51

Gee wizz guys. Wheres the love?

BundyBear · 01/05/2015 at 22:36

Makes me wonder why you bother with this site seeing you know everything. Why not find a whingers website somewhere and have a cry. These articles arnt made for people that know everything. a lot of people get a lot of valuable information from articles such as these. if they dont inspire you wombat. then dont read them. but i guess some people just arnt happy unless they whinge about someting

wombat · 02/05/2015 at 19:54

Grammar and spelling is overrated I agree!

vkvkvk · 02/05/2015 at 12:21

General – that is a great take-down. Wombat… why bother mate?

I N Pieman · 01/05/2015 at 15:22

There is something about Wombats around here. Well said General. Not everyone can do research all week. If you don't have anything positive or constructive to say bugger off.

wombat · 01/05/2015 at 16:11

That is extremely offensive INP, kudos for that!!

NateCrows · 01/05/2015 at 17:17

Always liked wombats, but you make it hard.

Don't think anyone hasn't made an error in supercoach or life. Great site for seasoned pros and rookies alike (i think so anyway).
        So wipe ya chin and go back to the bush. Or if you don't like don't read it. It clogs up the feed…. So is Gray in or what…

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 17:50

Gray is in like Flynn, Nate.

Let's pray he isn't a late out.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 15:07

Should I trade Krak for VB or heeney or should I keep both?

Some say trade VB now???

General Soreness · 01/05/2015 at 15:09

Either are good, but I would offload NvB now. Heeney still has growth.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 15:14

Ok thanks thats what I was think too. Plus it gives me 400K in the warchest!

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 15:37

Yes. van Berlo has a break even of 64. He will struggle to hit it, let alone exceed it by enough to go up. NVB to #TheKrak for mine.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 15:52

Oh I forgot I lambert to….should I trade lambert or NVB for Krak?

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:12

Lambert if you think NVB is a chance to make his BE. At least if he makes his BE he won't go down in value. However, if you think he won't make his BE, trade him so you don;t lose money – at least you won't lose money with Lambert

JJFYZZ · 01/05/2015 at 15:13

With Swan, Grey and Clark in the Fwds, made the decision to get rid of Clark/Salem for Tarrant so I have 2 bench cover this week incase the 2 premos fall over (highly likely).

Will say bye bye to Heeny too and bring in the Krak.

Brookesy · 01/05/2015 at 15:29

If you have better cover in your mids and have a dpp there, try to swing Grey or Swan into your midfield. Would decrease the pressure on your fwd bench.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 15:49

Love your thinking Brookesy. If this can save you a trade, I'd do that.

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:14

We will know if Swan is out very soon, so you may only need the one backup on bench by the time we know that

zeesus · 01/05/2015 at 15:23

Bloody hell Patch, I thought I knew what I was doing this week (1 trade: Lambert to Tarrant). Now you have thrown a spanner in the works and making me think I need to go 2 trades: Lambert to Tarrant, Lamb to Krak). Not comfortable bringing my trade count down to 24. What does the community think? Or I could go Heeney to Krak.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 15:38

It's a tough one. I firmly believe you need both Krak and Tarrant. If your side looks like it can bunker down for 3 weeks or so without trades, fire away. If you have ample cover and feel comfortable with your cash generation, then hold.

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:16

Do both trades – you need $$ to get a full premo team – Lambert and Lamb are making you no money at the moment. Krak and Tarrant are guaranteed to make you money as long as they play – every little bit helps when we get the end of the season. 24 trades is not too bad at the moment – but you will want to be conservative over the next few weeks leading up to the byes

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 17:34

Better than me, I have 23 trade left this week. Going to try not to trade too much after this round until a bit later on

Bontemgasmic · 01/05/2015 at 17:52

Its not ideal but you have to get your side right

1 – make sure you have the right rookies and try not to miss any of those who will generate the big cash

2 – fix any long term injury issues

3 – plan to bring in the fallen premiums as their price bottoms out (Eg Rocky, GAJ, Gray, Smith)

if you don't do 1 you will struggle to do 3

as you have two non playing rookies that don't look like playing for a while they cant generate any cash. You should do the trades.
    They will potentially save you further trades down the track

The Ranger · 01/05/2015 at 15:24

Hahaha!
Loving the Nietzache quote!
Personally I lost any coherent sense of objective truth when The Little Master went down…

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 15:48

"Without Gary Ablett, life, life would be a mistake." – Neitzche again. He was quite the Supercoach pioneer before Jock took the mantle and codified the Way of the Supercoach.

The Ranger · 01/05/2015 at 15:58

Who knew?!!
      I'm off to reread Beyond Good and Evil in the hope it might give some insight as to wether the E should go on Miller or Sheed.

Grazer · 01/05/2015 at 15:43

Should I trade in Round 5 if I don't have to? Tarrant and Krak are inviting at their B/E. Only reason to trade is to make $$$$…yes or no? What do you think community?

Astro · 01/05/2015 at 15:52

No trades unless you need to. They are invaluable later in the season

Derek · 01/05/2015 at 16:54

Let the current crop of rookies fatten. If they are all fattened get the next lot in

Derek · 01/05/2015 at 16:55

Still trying to understand what Jock meant by his reference to the Rats of Toobruk

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:03

Depends on how close you are to upgrading. If you're doing well with rookies so far and they're all playing and generating cash, then sit tight. If you want to accelerate the cash generation you want them. I'd definitely want one of the two of them in, (Krak if only one) but if you're happy with your side, hold those trades!

Bmac · 01/05/2015 at 15:47

Thoughts on Heeney to Krakouer & Lonie to Tarrant?

Great article Patchy boy

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:04

Lonie still has growth to come. BE of -6 so will appreciate in cash for the next three weeks. Hold him. If you've got an injured forward in Lambert, Lamb or McGrath, switch one of them to him.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 15:57

NVB or Lambert for Krak? I forgot I had Lambert on my bench

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:06

I'd say van Berlo. Not going to appreciate much more and Lambert can be a crucial swing set and a loophole player, especially if you've got Lambert and Krakouer on separate lines.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 16:09

Ok Thank you! Great post too!

Pauly Walnuts · 01/05/2015 at 16:03

Any chance C.Judd could pull out a big one this week ? Is he a POD with the VC ? Thoughts any one ?

zeesus · 01/05/2015 at 16:17

I like it.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:18

Big POD. Crisp held Watson reasonably well last week but I'd expect him to go to Murphy. As a week where most of us are struggling to loop effectively – Cox, Read, Lambert, Heeney, Hamling all playing early – I reckon he'd be a good gambit backed by Fyfe.

Stickman · 01/05/2015 at 16:19

With 115 average against Collingwood and 114 at the MCG he could kill it if he escapes the tag.

Derek · 01/05/2015 at 16:56

He could do it for Mick

fred · 01/05/2015 at 19:47

might work out well

BCHawks · 01/05/2015 at 16:13

Hey Patch which 2 should I have on field Hogan, Salem or Tarrent?

Stickman · 01/05/2015 at 16:20

I prefer Hogan and Salem as I think Tarrant will have to play a shut down role on Gunston this week.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:21

Never thought I'd see the day when I recommend 2 key position players off a half-back runner, but Tarrant and Hogan are in brilliant form. Freo nullified Salem in the NAB, as well.

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:19

Agreeeeed – Hogan and Tarrant

joe · 01/05/2015 at 16:13

who should i trade to Krakouer heeney or lambert?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:19

Heeney. Take the cash and run!

Stickman · 01/05/2015 at 16:21

Definitely Lambert

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:19

Lambert – Heeney still has money to make while Lambert is doing nothing for you, and won't for a while yet.

Mac · 01/05/2015 at 16:15

I've done one trade this round, Lambert to Krak. But, I'm not sure whether Tarrent is a must have rookie? I'm thinking of either trading Miller, Heeey, Clark, or Salem to him. Heeney and Clark and injured, Salem has a tough run and Miller doesn't seem to be scoring as well as other rookies. Thoughts?

Riley · 01/05/2015 at 16:21

Miller will shine in next few weeks with David Swallow, Jaeger, Gablett and Nick Malceski out, pumped out two decent 80 wouldnt trade him out. Even if Tarrent scores 50 from here on in his price will still go up big time.

Mac · 01/05/2015 at 16:23

So what is your suggestion?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:36

I'd go with Heeney from that lot. I feel Tarrant is needed to really push the cash flow up. I agree with Riley, well said.

Kev · 01/05/2015 at 16:50

If you've got the right rookies Mac I wouldn't go jumping off one of them. Cop Tarrant's price rise on the chin and save the trade

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:21

Only trade I'd consider there is Clark to Tarrant – it will generate you more cash, but personally I would hold. Clark still has more cash to make, so in the long run I don't know that there will be that much of a difference between the two. As Jock said in the podcast yesterday, Tarrant is unreliable (although Clark would also fit the same boot).

Stickman · 01/05/2015 at 16:15

Is picking Heppell chasing the car or will he be a top 10 midfielder by seasons end?
Cheers

zeesus · 01/05/2015 at 16:17

He'll be a top 10. But are you doing a sideways trade? I would avoid that move if you are. If you are getting rid of an injured player Heppell is a solid choice.

Stickman · 01/05/2015 at 16:21

Have Wines so need to make the sideways.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:39

I've got a lot of love for Heppell as a bomber supporter. Clouds my judgement but he is a gun and will start attracting the tag over Watson. If you're looking to put your plums on the line, he'd be the choice to make your year sensational – and crucially won't flop like, say, Hannerbery has in the latter half of a season.

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:22

Good trade – Heppell will be close to, if not, top 10

Sully321 · 01/05/2015 at 16:16

Salem or krakour on the field?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:39

I've got Krakouer listed above him up there mate. Lock in onground.

Moonman · 01/05/2015 at 16:18

Who would you trade out? Van Berlo or Salem for Tarrant?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:40

van Berlo. As mentioned in comments above, NVB has a breakeven of 64. We won't see too much more growth out of him. Salem still has another few weeks.

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:24

NVB – BE of 64 and averaging only 74. He is averaging 55 with Thompson in the team (last 2 weeks), so a chance he will drop $$ this week. Cut him before he drops $$. Salem BE is 17, so still money to be made there

Moonman · 01/05/2015 at 17:50

Thanks guys! Pretty much where I was heading but was thinking NVB may have had a few good scores left in him. Salem is on my bench atm as FWD's not a necessity but cant miss out on that much cash! I will ditch NVB and bring Krak into the mids and Tarrant in as a FWD. Cheers!

Riley · 01/05/2015 at 16:19

Krak or Bellchambers on field?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:42

That is a tough one. I've been to Essendon's last two and big Belch hasn't looked brilliant. He has been well beaten by Cameron Wood and Brodie Grundy, who are hardly heavyweights of the league. I'd show faith in TBC this week, but only just.

Riley · 01/05/2015 at 19:30

Cheers thanks for the advice 🙂 Great Article by the way 🙂

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:24

Krak

fred · 01/05/2015 at 19:46

TBC reckon he will have a big one

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 12:34

Longer will kill TBC in the ruck. Not sure you’ll get much out of TBC around the ground, though at least he’ll have a dry track to take some marks. Not sure it’ll make a huge diff either way.

liam · 01/05/2015 at 16:24

Great stuff patch
just wondering if i should trade goods to kelly or hold
cheers

Sully321 · 01/05/2015 at 16:38

Depends on how many trades you've got left and if you've any other issues on the field
    IMO it is not a critical trade

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:43

Depends on how many trades and cover you have, but yes.

ThatDamnRascal · 01/05/2015 at 16:27

So my dilemma is too many options so I'm looking to the community for some advice.
Option 1
Rich > Tarrant via krakour swing
Newnes > Houli

Option 2
Heeney > Tarrant via Krakour swing
Newnes > Kelly

Option 3
Clark > Tarrant closing swingset
Newnes > Andrews

All options also come with the no Newnes trade clause as well.
Thankyou

Kev · 01/05/2015 at 16:48

Option 1. Clark and Heeney still have coin to make

General Soreness · 01/05/2015 at 17:10

Hold Newnes. Rich to Tarrant works mate.

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:27

I would suggest you hold all trades. Don't trade Newnes – Lek has promised a 90. Rich still has $$ to make and is performing a role. Heeney and Clark still have $$ to make as well – I think you will only be wasting a trade.

If you are set on making a trade here, Heeney is probably the one to go – Clark still has a negative BE and the word from Geelong is he will be back next week. Heeney has a higher BE

ThatDamnRascal · 01/05/2015 at 18:22

I love that there are 3 entirely different responses

Michael · 01/05/2015 at 19:51

I would keep all 4 that you're looking to trade, do you have any others you'd consider instead?
    Rich averaging 98 in a very poor team, will average 85-90 onwards IMO and be a nice M8.
    You picked Newnes I assume as a keeper – he will come good now with Weller back in the side.
    Both Heeney & Clark have low BE's and will still make you $$$
    WIth the guys you're looking to bring in I would only consider Tarrant, worried about JS of others.
    Try and find a more suitable player to use to get him if you can.

Hope that helps, will def save you a trade!

Tom · 01/05/2015 at 16:32

Please community help me out

Option 1: Heeney and Lambert to Krak and Tarrent (no rookie swing sets from forward to mid)
Option 2: Lambert to Krak
Option 3: Salem and Heeney to Krak and Tarrent
Option 4: Clark and Heeney to Krak and Tarrent
Option 5: Don't do anything.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:45

Option 1. You should have a swing set with that though? If you trade Heeney to Krakouer, you have a FWD/MID player there? Even if not, option 1, mate.

Kev · 01/05/2015 at 16:46

Option 2. Heeney has proven he can hit 90's, plenty more to make.

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:28

Option 2 – Lambert doing nothing for you at the moment and won;t do for a while. Krak will at least make you some money

Shemm · 01/05/2015 at 16:34

Trade NvB or Anderson for Kraków?

Sully321 · 01/05/2015 at 16:40

Anderson if you don't need the cash desperately

Cozza · 01/05/2015 at 17:31

Do you think NVB will make his BE of 64? If not, NVB as he is going to lose money if he goes less than that. Otherwise, Anderson because he is doing nothing for you.

Sully321 · 01/05/2015 at 16:37

Hi community,
Who you think will score more tonight out of pendles and swan

Kev · 01/05/2015 at 16:45

Go the percentage pick and go with Pendles. Swan under a fitness cloud

MOC · 01/05/2015 at 16:37

I've got enough money to upgrade Salem to franklin. Or should I go down to Tarrant? Help please!!!

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:49

Down to Tarrant. Personally I'm not trading into Buddy until I see him hitting some form.

Derek · 01/05/2015 at 16:59

Wet in sydney

Donavan · 01/05/2015 at 17:12

I get what you mean patch, but Buddy's has been playing great football, mostly in weather not at all suitable for KPP, and again this week the weather is crap in Sydney.

Once Buddy gets on a dry track watch out. He is playing great football, tackling like never before, and working super hard, and still kicking his share of goals (in conditions that make it difficuilt to get high scores).

I would look to bring Buddy into a side within the next 2 weeks, but not this week given he will be playing in extremely wet conditions again.

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 01/05/2015 at 17:12

Buddy is averaging 99 without really getting a hold of teams on the scoreboard just yet. If you ask me, he’s in pretty good form

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 17:15

Think I would go Tarrant and get Frank later?

MOC · 01/05/2015 at 17:18

Cheers for your input fellas. Will look to get buddy in a couple of weeks

MOC · 01/05/2015 at 17:48

Now got 530k in the war chest

Pat · 01/05/2015 at 16:38

Are we confident about Krak’s ability to not get the vest going forwards? With Gray back into the side, Ah Chee the obvious vest candidate is out and now who gets it is up in the air. Mitchell, Young and Monfries being the 3 options alongside Krak and none have been in poor form.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 16:48

Amon has been named for his first game and Kenny loves giving new kids the vest for this week. Krak might get it once, but not often at all. Port have a few players to rotate through the role. He'll do the job we need him to.

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 01/05/2015 at 16:51

Going to have a punt on Swan as my VC tonight. Got a feeling he could go big (despite the early week ankle soreness)

Derek · 01/05/2015 at 16:58

I’m going Travis.

Rambos_Radish · 01/05/2015 at 16:52

Forward line is
Franklin, Martin, Hogan, Gray, Salem, TBC (Clark, Lonie)
Do i trade someone to Tarrant or hold the trade?

Krazee-Eyez Killa · 01/05/2015 at 16:55

Your forward line is nearly identical to mine, except I’ve got Swan instead of TBC. I ended up trading out Salem for Tarrant this week

3. votes · 01/05/2015 at 17:04

Who should I trade for Krakow, Cockatoo or Heeny?

also who should I trade for Tarrent, Tomlamb or Mitch Clark? If I trade Clark I have more cash in the bank, but if I trade Lamb I will have more cash cows as he is not playing. thoughts?

General Soreness · 01/05/2015 at 17:08

Cocky and Lamb.

I went Lamb to Tarrant despite having to pay ($30K) to get him.

Gordo · 01/05/2015 at 17:41

cockatoo and lamb as he is out for loner

Phil · 01/05/2015 at 17:10

All his pre season hype has died now but if Blaine Broekhurst scores 75+ tonight he'll be the most traded in player for the week. Other than McInnes there won't be anyone else on the bubble it seems

The_Kraken · 01/05/2015 at 18:22

Not on the bubble next week.. but we get our first look at 6 "new" guys this round – who might be bubble boys heading into Round 7:
    * DEF – Schade & McKenzie
    * MID – C.Ellis & Glenn
    * FWD – K.Langford & Lennon (1st look for this year, hopefully can break into Tiges best 22 after a lot of vests last year)

Phil · 01/05/2015 at 18:57

Good work Kraken. Out of that bunch I like McKenzie and Glenn

Corey · 01/05/2015 at 17:19

Tex to tarrant

Heeney to Heppell

Thoughts?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 17:48

What was your goal in selecting Tex? If you're happy letting him go, then go for it. Like the Heppell move though.

Corey · 01/05/2015 at 18:12

hoping tew was goning to make money

Bobby · 01/05/2015 at 18:12

tex

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 18:21

If you don't reckon he'll make any more, then get rid of him. Keep in mind though his next 3 opponents are Gold Coast, St Kilda and GWS and could go massive against one or more of those sides, and again against carlton in round 10. I'd go Heeney to Tarrant via sneaky DPP like Lambert or Krak.

splinter · 01/05/2015 at 17:29

who to trade in for krak, salem, NVB, OR heeney??
Thoguhts

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 17:47

NVB for Krak.

Kingpin · 01/05/2015 at 17:33

Hey all!!

Could you guys please give me some insight as to when Caleb Daniel may get a run from the Bulldogs?

I N Pieman · 01/05/2015 at 18:10

Has had a knee injury. Listed as 2 more weeks. Will be back in the 2’s in the next few weeks. I’m certain he’s a bloke they want to get in at some point.

Kingpin · 01/05/2015 at 19:13

Thanks heaps! I currently have him at f8 and I want to get in krak and Tarrant. Would you trade him or offload Salem?

Gordo · 01/05/2015 at 17:41

heeney or clark out for tarrant?

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 17:48

Heeney.

Gordo · 01/05/2015 at 17:50

thanks thats what i have currently gone with

Luviboy1 · 01/05/2015 at 17:42

What is the better option?

Heeney and Salem/Clark -> Tarrant and Krakouer, with $400,000
or
Heeney and Lambert -> Tarrant and Krakouer, with $230,000

Cant decide if I'd rather cash in the kitty ready for some fallen premos, or more cash generation…

Gordo · 01/05/2015 at 17:48

option 2 got to go with the more cash generation

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 17:57

Agree.

Paule · 01/05/2015 at 17:44

do I trade Clark or Salem for Tarrant? Thanks community

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 18:55

So very tough. if they're your only options, perhaps hold? I really don't know on this one without access to the Delorean. If I was at gunpoint Salem.

Paule · 01/05/2015 at 19:20

thanks Patch

Dons · 01/05/2015 at 17:53

Great article!

What's the better option and why?
OUT: Newnes, LAMBERT
IN: McDonald, krakouer

Or

OUT: Newnes, Lambert
IN: J Kelly, Tarrant

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 17:59

Thanks Dons. Lek has assured us that Newnes will score 90 this week and I'm inclined to believe he is going to get better. Hold him. Trading to McDonald will just waste you more trades, in my opinion. Lambert to Tarrant is a good move though; fire away.

SCaddict · 01/05/2015 at 18:23

It's probably an unpopular opinion but I don't mind the Newnes to Kelly downgrade to free up some cash with all the fallen premos on offer over the next 2-3 weeks.

I can't see Newnes being anywhere near a top 6 defender this season so most coaches will have to upgrade him at some point anyway. Perhaps he will unleash a huge score this week as many are expecting or hoping but I wouldn't put my house on it and Kelly is ripe on the bubble this weekend.

But all that said Tarrant and Krak are the priority trades this week for virtually all coaches that don't have them. Newnes can wait another week and if he spuds it again then you can look to do something with him then.

Nicholas · 01/05/2015 at 17:57

Hi Community,
Who do I ditch for Tarrant. Heeney, lambert, Salem, Clark. I alrdy have Krak so that's not a problem and I think my other trade I'd tbc to franklin who looks rly ripe. I was thinking heeney because of the 7 and i lose money going lambert to tarrant so i didnt really like that and dont want to waste a trade bringing him back in. let me know your thoughts on how i should approach this week.

SCaddict · 01/05/2015 at 18:15

Lambert for sure. Still listed as 5-6wks on the AFL's official injury list and is no guarantee to come back straight into the senior team even then. That's way too long to be carrying anyone if you hope to keep up with the Jones's.

Plus all those other rookies you mentioned still have more cash to make for you over the next 4-6wks whilst Lambert is still recovering.

Nicholas · 01/05/2015 at 19:06

ok butg is it a problem that i have no war chest after?

SCaddict · 01/05/2015 at 19:17

You'll have an opportunity to make some bank in a couple of weeks when you slaughter fully fattened cash cows.

If you get rid of those other guys right now you are foregoing anywhere between $50-200K in unrealised profits.

But if you are desperate for cash immediately you could consider cashing out either Heeney or Salem although it's a tad premature for my liking.

Nicholas · 01/05/2015 at 19:18

ok ty ill take ur advice

nick · 01/05/2015 at 19:18

keep heeney and clark both out for a week and heeney will be your money don't get rid of him yet and clark is only going get better getting warmed up and what about fraser McManus from west coast he looked alright last week

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 18:19

Who do we reckon will be #2 ruckman come years end?
Also is trading out my R3 for a prem ruckman and then moving TBC to R3 a good move, or is it too much $ to spend

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 18:43

Too much cash on the pine mate. If TBC can be played on the ground up forward, then maybe pull in another premo ruck. At this stage I don't know who the second ruck will be – Stefan Martin, Ivan Maric, Mumford or Jacobs. Personally I'm hoping it will be Mumford but it's looking unlikely. Hold until we have more data mate.

Donavan · 01/05/2015 at 18:48

I can see the benefit in doing it. There are so many forward's scoring better, and appreciating in value faster than TBC, that its almost a waste to fill a forward spot with TBC (onfield or bench).

The R3 position is a wasteland, and only really used for the captains loophole, when the timing is right.

The real question is-
    Is it worth spending an extra $200k to have a back-up ruckman, and to open-up a position for another rookie to appreciate in the forward-line?

Given there is no shortage of rookie forwards at this time, i think having Bellchambers at R3 makes some sense, as his scores dont warrant selection in the forward-line, but are better than getting a donut in the ruck, should a ruck go down for a week.

lolattack · 01/05/2015 at 18:22

who should i bench out of salem, hogan and lonie?

Donavan · 01/05/2015 at 18:49

I am benching Lonie, same players to choose from.

Traderlyf · 01/05/2015 at 18:27

Thoughts on Mcgrath -> Tarrant
Heeney – > Krak

Contemplating just going Mcgrath to Tarrant and keep one trade

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 18:43

Depends on how well your rookies are performing and how your cash generation is going, but I would do both trades

Traderlyf · 01/05/2015 at 19:00

my bench this week without trades will be oxley, kelly, miller, heeney, sheed, read, clark, mgrath

Traderlyf · 01/05/2015 at 18:37

Thoughts on Mcgrath -> Tarrant
Heeney -> Krak

Contemplating just going Mcgrath to Krak and saving the trade. Thoughts?

Arny95 · 01/05/2015 at 18:49

I've done similar trades myself, trading dead weight such as Anderson and Mcgrath to Tarrent and Krak.

Personally I reckon you should pick up Tarrant. Has an incredible break even.
    Even if he scores a 50 he should still go up around 90k.

Traderlyf · 01/05/2015 at 19:00

yeahh thats what im thinking but i dont want to ditch heeney :'(

thebigD · 01/05/2015 at 18:38

Any love for Judd VC tonight?

Clearly only rested last week for tonight

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 18:44

Go for it could outscore pendles and swan by a bit

Donavan · 01/05/2015 at 18:50

I like the move. I dont have Judd, but if I did, I would make him VC.

Pieman 74 · 01/05/2015 at 19:01

Great work again Patch. Brett ‘What is a Football’ is pure gold. Great advice from the community also as always.

Looking to trade out McGrath or Lamb and can’t decide between Tarrant, Krak or Young. Could also trade Lambert but have him on the bench along with VB as coverage so not an immediate priority. Would love your thoughts and those of the community.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 19:07

I like Tarrant's JS over Krakouer, and he has the lower breakeven, so if you've only got room for one, make it Tarrant. I'd move both Lamb and McGrath on, however. Lambert is a good combo with Krakouer.

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 19:31

I can't agree with you there, but I also can't disagree. Tarrant has a bit of injury history and when Hansen comes back in Tarrant could find himself out of the team. But on the other hand Krak is in but Wines is still out. Still go with Tarrant though, I reckon he will make more cash than Krak

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 19:47

They're not easy to split.

Traderlyf · 01/05/2015 at 19:07

id go mcgrath or lamb to krak… doesnt really matter since their both injured long term right?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 19:10

Who should I loophole Oxley or McIntosh? I'm guessing Oxley based on the fact he's playing tonight!

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 19:29

Spot on. Oxley to be loopholed

Who is your defensive non starter?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 19:31

Tippett NM and I have saad in def 3 and if the weather is crap can go to tippett NM

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 19:32

Thanks!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 19:33

Hopefully Oxley puts up a good score?

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 19:15

Some really bad weather forecast for Sydney and the Gold Coast. Absolutely atrocious conditions expected for both Sydney – Bulldogs and Gold Coast -Brisbane matches.

Saad was a certain starter on my backline, now I am not so sure. Unless conditions improve dramatically on Saturday, I will probably put Mc Intosh on the field against Geelong. Nice weather forecast in Melbourne this weekend.

If players in these rain/deluge affected matches are going to play splash, I doubt the SC are going to look very good. I reckon Buddy Franklin could be snapped up at a good price next week. He aint gonna like these conditions.

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 19:46

Buddy is the one KPF I'd pick on a rainy day though Top. But good call. I'm keeping Saad purely because of GC's mid woes – he will be running through there with Touk.

nick · 01/05/2015 at 19:15

keeping heeney and clark on a week out. I took van berlow out for cripps he will be my money maker and bought kracker in last week so teams set just have to pray to the fantasy gods I get no more players hurt

Emma · 01/05/2015 at 19:16

should I get rid of Taylor Walker for Tarrant??

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 19:46

No. He's got an easy run coming up that he should blitz. Hold.

Traderlyf · 01/05/2015 at 19:23

No need for he huge comment…. but lambert

Pauly Walnuts · 01/05/2015 at 19:24

How long did that take you type out ? That's ridiculous ! – but to answer your question – Lambert

Bobby · 01/05/2015 at 19:26

how can i delete the question?

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 19:26

Surely you "copied and pasted" that essay? LOL

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 19:48

Probably Lambert – I think! HS not a fan of the old copy + paste, I see! 😛

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 20:18

Magnificient first quarter by Oxley!! He would have racked up at least 50 SC points by 1/4 time. Crippsy getting a bit of the pill too now.

Pete · 01/05/2015 at 20:23

On 51 pts. Imagine if he kicked that other long goal…!!!

Riley · 01/05/2015 at 20:34

Don't know what I was thinking !?! Took vc off dusty (Thought he might go big vs geelong) to Swanny … Yep despite the injury cloud thought he was ready to go huge after average Anzac Day… Swanny on 14 SC atm … Hopefully he comes good soon…

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:00

Relax Riley! Swannie is back! Big second quarter mate

Sam Loy · 01/05/2015 at 20:36

Just want to say that ruck rookie comment was very funny. Nice one.

Pete · 01/05/2015 at 20:47

Oxley would be on 100pts easily if those two posters went through

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:02

Absolutely. But still I reckon he must be around 70 SC points at half time. Not bad for a rookie.

Jordan · 01/05/2015 at 21:08

I’ll be trading out Saad for Tarrant but who out of Heeney and Anderson should make way for Krak

rowdy · 01/05/2015 at 21:08

who should i start out of Lumumba and McIntosh.Worried about Lumumba's ability to score against Freo

I N Pieman · 01/05/2015 at 21:13

Oxley 78 at half time. Might have found a top 10 defender

Hughsey · 01/05/2015 at 21:17

Round 1: Gets Subbed/ Rounds 2&3: Good Scores
    Round 4: Gets Subbed/ Round 5: Good score??

Jambo · 01/05/2015 at 21:46

Out of the three rookies I could play in defence, I picked Oxley. #youlittleripper

FootyFanatic · 01/05/2015 at 21:51

110 at 3 quarter time!!!!

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:50

That is an understatement……..Ox has a ton at 3/4 time. He is a stayer in my defensive structures. He is a good boy!

Pavos · 01/05/2015 at 21:14

I traded tex for tarrant, reverse and hope he comes back against bottom eight teams or “back me constitutions”

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:54

Keep tex. And get tarrant.

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:32

Gee wiz. What a lame performance by Carlton. I feel sorry for Mick. (And I am not a Carlton fan) He deserves better than that.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:58

I agree!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:54

Ok Oxley has had a great game so far…. Who do I take out Saad McIntosh Newnes or Henrderson for Tippett in the loophole? Have to take Oxley score!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:55

I'm thinking Saad based on the weather forecast???

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:57

Oh I have Murphy (WB) too thats where the weather is suppose to be really bad?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 21:59

Grrrr Oh yeah I have Hunt too

Nuggety · 01/05/2015 at 22:09

Ummm I think the pies need to find Oxley a lower number than 43…wow

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 22:30

I love players having high numbers. I don't get why clubs don't like it.

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:09

Hahaha. Welcome to Aussie Rules.

YOUR CALL

Patch · 01/05/2015 at 22:30

We, uh, I think we take 141 yeah? McIntosh is off for me. Keeping Saad and KK onfield.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:10

C'mon TOPHAWK who would be the best option?

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:18

Newnes

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:24

Hmmmm Ok? Lekdog says he hits the ton this week?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:27

Geez might have to put the C on Oxley????

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:42

Put it on Newnes

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 23:05

You mean Tippet in for Newnes and use the loophole right?

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 22:16

Lock the VC on pendles

Hazey · 01/05/2015 at 22:23

Anyone kind enough to post SC scores?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:30

They are already on SC

TOPHAWK1 · 01/05/2015 at 22:24

Mick will announce his retirement this week.

If he doesnt, he will "be pushed".

Mick is done. Players at Carlton are not listening to him anymore.

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 22:40

C. Gault 64

T. Varcoe 54

S. Dwyer 71

P. Karnezis 30

J. Frost 52

A. Toovey 60

these are just quick scores, im sure they will change

Jambo · 01/05/2015 at 23:06

Oxley now 148, Pendles now 158.

Tyler · 01/05/2015 at 22:45

Boekhorst 10

Henderson 4

Again probably not 100% accurate

Tofor · 02/05/2015 at 10:41

Gibbs was a disgrace

Sc newby · 01/05/2015 at 22:54

Wish I had of had Pendles with some form of c next to him 🙁 who's the best vc option out of jpk and Selwood

Donavan · 01/05/2015 at 23:36

Selwood against Richmond.

Jdogg · 02/05/2015 at 07:27

Goldstein.

Ethan · 01/05/2015 at 23:11

cripp's score over ellis yoleman or vandeburg

Donavan · 01/05/2015 at 23:35

Facing same dilema. I am thinking take Cripps score and bench Ellis-Yolman. Only because CEY went off last weekend injured late.

I followed the same logic last week, and benched Heeney, who had gone off the week prior after hitting the post with force.

Ethan · 01/05/2015 at 23:42

im mixed, vandenburg's contested ball and tackles makes me want to keep him but they're against freo. CEY is proven to score decent but like most rookies he's starting to fade

Derek · 01/05/2015 at 23:55

I’m going to roll dice on Vandenberg going big

demon · 01/05/2015 at 23:56

A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush
    take it

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 12:55

I'd take it over vandenBerg. I love the kid but Freo's midfield worries me.

Luke · 01/05/2015 at 23:26

Who do i play on field out of vandenberg and touk miller (opponent is playing miller)
Which three do i play in the fwd line out of hogan, salem, krakouer and bellchambers?
Also who do i vc out of jpk, lewis and griffen? (opponent has jpk)

Donavan · 01/05/2015 at 23:33

Play Vandenberg, coming off a big score, on a 7 day break.

Play forwards – Hogan, Krakouer & Salem

VC – Lewis

cow roll · 01/05/2015 at 23:41

It sounds like you are playing me . lol. I've got General Soreness this week and he has put Vandenberg. I see Freo's mid giving V a hard time though.

Traderlyf · 02/05/2015 at 10:55

tackle galore

Brett · 01/05/2015 at 23:41

hey community, trade advice

krak to come in for salem/clake/saad , salem is obviously the only one playing this week, though his maximum on cash generation

I intended to use juddy as a stepping stone to a premium and looks like it will be next week to pendles

good luck and hopefully the sc gods down throw up any injuries this weekend

Derek · 01/05/2015 at 23:56

I want a late out for one of my defenders so I get Oxleys score. No loophole

Brett · 02/05/2015 at 00:04

I managed to cash in on the ox loophole, eased the pain a little

BundyBear · 02/05/2015 at 00:58

Who do you think will be likely to be a late out ?

craig · 02/05/2015 at 01:25

good start to the weekend. pendles captain loophole into oxley defender loophole. yeah boy.

J C · 02/05/2015 at 06:40

I got half of it. Now tell me I am crazy but considering trading in a non playing defender to get Oxley's score onto the ground. Please talk me out of it community!

Jdogg · 02/05/2015 at 07:25

Read the article. If you have anything around 24 trades at present I wouldn’t be chasing such a small amount of points.

Derek · 02/05/2015 at 11:22

It’s a crazy idea… But it just might work

john · 02/05/2015 at 06:50

So if I trade in Malceski for R. Henderson I can get Oxley's score onto the ground and switch out Henderson who has not done much for a fallen premium who should come back after getting a dose of the Magoos. Sounding more reasonable than not. Again somebody stop me please! Jock, Crouching or Higgo please point out the massive flaw in my logic?

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 12:28

Jeeze, surely you jest!? STOP NOW!
    Malceski has done bugger all and is injured. No guarantee he comes back next week.

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 12:57

Malceski is out for 8 weeks. I strongly recommend not trading him in. Doesn't look like touching his 110 average from last year. No.

Tony · 02/05/2015 at 07:11

Thinking of using loop hole with N Browns 85. Who should I sub off: a saad or k Macintosh?

Jdogg · 02/05/2015 at 07:23

Mac.

Northerner · 02/05/2015 at 07:19

Anybody experienced this before? I had Ward set as VC and Fyfe as C. Somehow when last night’s game started I had Vandenberg as VC and Swan as C???? Who would choose Swan as a Captain given moon boot and given Friday night is for VC use?

Very confused?

CJay · 02/05/2015 at 08:09

Did you have the C on Swan last week and did you reverse your trades before lockout therefore resetting your side?

Northerner · 03/05/2015 at 12:18

No. Can’t work it out?

Tom · 02/05/2015 at 07:40

Who to start on field, Lonie or Krak

Hamish · 02/05/2015 at 07:53

Krak

Tom · 02/05/2015 at 07:44

Anyone worried about Krak getting the vest?

Hamish · 02/05/2015 at 07:52

He is a chance, no doubt about that

Jordan · 02/05/2015 at 07:46

Krakouer in for Heeney or Jed Anderson?

Hamish · 02/05/2015 at 07:52

Heeney

Jordan · 02/05/2015 at 10:08

Thanks, why keep Anderson over Heeney.

Tyler · 02/05/2015 at 12:32

Because heeney wont make a lot more money over the next 2 weeks and anderson still has money to make, assuming he gets a gig eventually

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 12:58

I'd trade Anderson out, mate. Heeney will be back sooner and with more game time.

Jordan · 02/05/2015 at 13:34

Thanks fellas, think I’ll trade out Jed.

Mac · 02/05/2015 at 07:48

Take Cripps score or roll the dice on Miller

Hamish · 02/05/2015 at 07:51

Roll dice on miller he will get at 100

Tyler · 02/05/2015 at 08:28

I would take cripps score. Mate he got an 86, what happens if miller stinks it up or gets injured and only gets 30ish?

CJay · 02/05/2015 at 08:30

Millers nab scores were 71 71 77.
    R1 – R4 scores 30 35 86 83.
    Always possible Miller can go higher but I would be banking Cripps 86 everyday of the week.

brook · 02/05/2015 at 08:33

$86k, 28 trades left

thinking of passing on taz this week. i would have to trade salem or clark and just dont think it is worth it. both have some fattening up to do and will be around the same price point as taz in coming weeks. although i would make 77k on clark, it feels like a sudeways trade. and history shows clark is a better scorer than taz. i def dont want both in my team with their injury histories.

will bring in krak for heeney to make some cash and look to downgrade salem/clark in a few weeks. heeney is ‘fattest’ of my rookies. krak’s dpp means i can use a fwd or mid as my downgrade target in a few weeks (instead of taking taz this week). downside is missing taz’s huge price rise but i am betting there will be another mid or fwd emerge by R8 who can compare somewhat … and i do save a trade, at least this week.

bit risky i know but i feel my logic is sound.

ATeam12345 · 02/05/2015 at 10:41

Cash is king.
    I'm going Salem to Tarrant, his next 3 games aren't desirable and if he goes 60's, he'll add 30-40 thousand.
    Tarrant in that time could make 200k. This uses 1 more trade though.
    Clark, although missing this week could add another 100 or so, so holding him.
    Loads of plummeting Prems coming soon so I want all the cash I can.

matt · 02/05/2015 at 08:41

have a question guys..

trying to work out loophole with cripps last night..

so i put heeney on field and cripps emergency.. if i put emergency on krakour also in the mids which score will i get.. the lowest or highest emergency score?

hope that makes sense..

cheers guys

joey · 02/05/2015 at 08:51

You get the lowest emergency score

matt · 02/05/2015 at 09:11

thanks man

Tony · 02/05/2015 at 08:41

Hi Guys Had Oxley as emg but can bring in H Goddard to get his score. Who do you think I should take off the field Thumper/Adam Saad or McIntosh???

Pauly Walnuts · 02/05/2015 at 09:08

I've taken off McIntosh, but with no real conviction,just gut instinct

joey · 02/05/2015 at 08:52

Hey guys,

I have Steven May on my team. Should I trade him to Harry Taylor this week or wait until Brodie Smith drops in price next week and do the swap?

Thanks guys.

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 13:01

If you've got cover, I'd hold. However, doing the trade this week won't be the end of the world. Taylor is hitting some form, with two 90s and a 117 in his past three. Key backs seem to be racking up the scores so he might not be a bad move at all. But if you've got cover, hold.

So confused · 02/05/2015 at 09:04

Took the punt with Oxley on field! Boom… Great result! Now….Do I take n.browns 85, or run the gauntlet with saad(Gold Coast) and Macintosh and hope for a little more. I could loop Browns score by putting Hugh Goddard on the field. What do you reckon?

midzy · 02/05/2015 at 09:19

keep the 85, and put saad on before mcintosh

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 10:23

Normally I would agree with Midzy's advice on your defensive playing strategy. I reckon bank the 85. Dont get greedy as 85 is a very tidy rookie score! However there is a "curveball" to consider regarding who to put on the field between Saad or Mc Intosh.

Recently, I have played Saad ahead of Mc Intosh. This week, I am very seriously considering playing Mc Intosh. Why? Because I am very concerned about the condition of the ground on the Gold Coast. It has stopped raining now, but the field could be an absolute glue pot and still very soaked. Saad's scoring efficiency in these conditions is my biggest worry. Mc Intosh will be playing on a sunny and dry MCG today.

I need to get some more info about the state of the ground on the Gold Coast before making the final call.

Cheers

Kev · 02/05/2015 at 11:28

You really want to chance it with the SC Gods more by not taking the 85?

Tyler · 02/05/2015 at 12:35

He’s saying take the 85 but you should start mcintosh over saad if you have to

CJay · 02/05/2015 at 09:16

A score of 85 in your deference is a keeper for mine especially if you are attempting to get more points with a rookie.
How much more than 85 do you think you will get?

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 11:00

i dont have brown

TRIGGER HAPPY · 02/05/2015 at 09:28

Miller, hogan or Krak on the ground? Leaning towards miller. Thoughts?

Kev · 02/05/2015 at 11:27

Like it. Miller more responsibility in the mids now that suns have a few injuries

Pavos · 02/05/2015 at 09:41

Start bellchambers or krak

Tyler · 02/05/2015 at 09:50

krak

fred · 02/05/2015 at 10:03

bellchambers

Pavos · 02/05/2015 at 10:16

Well that doesn’t help

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 11:00

you could loophole either via clark

Pavos · 02/05/2015 at 11:25

It won't work cause Clark plays b4 them

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 13:02

Bellchambers. Just.

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 09:55

I am starting Bellchambers. Bombers play lowly Saints. He should score reasonably against them. I see Krak a bit risky to put on field this week. The showdown will be a hard and physical affair.

Just my take

fred · 02/05/2015 at 10:02

goddard to tarrant
steele or henney to heppell
thoughts

Kev · 02/05/2015 at 11:25

Steele

Antonio · 02/05/2015 at 10:02

Say you guys had Jaksch still in your team. What would you do with him?

LMAO · 02/05/2015 at 10:28

Neck myself

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 10:59

Cry

Antonio · 02/05/2015 at 11:20

Haha well that doesn’t help. He’s been sitting on my bench since Round 1. Been a useful loophole. Now back to serious business?

Kev · 02/05/2015 at 11:25

Too much coin to use as a loophole player. Downgrade him when you can

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 13:03

I'd downgrade him, Antonio. Look at McKenzie next week.

Pavos · 02/05/2015 at 10:21

Who to start, (3 of them,) krak, salem, hogan, tarrant.

Kev · 02/05/2015 at 11:24

Krak, Hogan, Tarrant

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 12:40

Tarrant, Krak, Hogan

John · 02/05/2015 at 10:26

Who to trade out for Tarrant? Heeney or Lamb?

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 10:59

if you have a loophole option already
    trade out lamb but if you dont, then heeney should go

Pavos · 02/05/2015 at 10:28

Or swing krak to mids:krak, miller, ellis yolmen?

jack · 02/05/2015 at 10:39

Parker to fyfe should I do or not?

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 10:58

jee bold move. parker will get back to his best in the next few weeks,

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 11:30

Dont go there. Waste of a trade. Like Jack said, Parker is likely to burst back into form at any time. The guy is that good. Perhaps wait another week or two and then pounce on Fyfe as his BE is 145 and may drop a little in price. Maybe trade out a rookie which has reached his be price in 2-3 weeks and then get Fyfe.

Cheers

jack · 02/05/2015 at 11:46

thanks boys i'll hold best to save the trade

Traderlyf · 02/05/2015 at 11:01

dom sheed (vsing gws who dont allow many point but playing in the middle) or miller (playing in the middle but wet, sticky ground). Who do i field?

Ethan · 02/05/2015 at 11:16

i reckon miller will get rekt by the lions midfield

Kev · 02/05/2015 at 11:23

Tough one. E loophole Miller if you can. If you can't I'd probably still back him in.

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 11:25

The match is being played in Perth. I dont think the weather will play much of a part. Maybe a light shower here and there. Nothing to worry about. Right now, not a cloud in the sky.

Cheers

Traderlyf · 02/05/2015 at 11:37

so sheed or miller?

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 12:46

Sorry mate.

I would put Sheed on the field.

Cheers

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 11:05

Trades this week are killing me. I have Wallis and not sure if I should hold.

Which of Wallis/Heaney/NVB should I trade to krak

Which of Salem/Clark should I trade to tarrant

can anyone help?

Kev · 02/05/2015 at 11:18

Wallis is still 2 weeks away. Heaney was listed as a test this week so he should be back next. NVB is a warm body. I'd go Wallis

Clark has a negative b.e. While Salem can make more money for you, if those are your only choices he is my pick

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 13:04

Good calls, Kev.

Michael · 02/05/2015 at 11:21

Get in Tarrant or Heeney? Or both?

John · 02/05/2015 at 11:21

Sorry or Krak

Traderlyf · 02/05/2015 at 11:40

i got both

Michael · 02/05/2015 at 11:41

Hey guys, I have subscribed to super coach goal but I don’t know how to link it back to super coach..

Could you guys help me?

Thanks community

Michael · 02/05/2015 at 11:42

I meant super coach gold not goal

SCaddict · 02/05/2015 at 12:26

As it's already midseason you may need to send the organisers an email by clicking on the question mark icon in the top right of the screen and then scrolling down to the 'contact us' section.

I've had technical problems like this in the past and they've always been able to help.

They may not sort it out over the weekend but they should fix this for you during next week at the latest.

Michael · 02/05/2015 at 12:42

alright thanks heaps SCaddict. Appreciate it bro

baggy pants · 02/05/2015 at 12:02

Does anyone know if goodes is defiantly playing in th bulldogs reserves today
need to know to do loophole

Traderlyf · 02/05/2015 at 12:06

he isnt playing AFL

Traderlyf · 02/05/2015 at 12:07

his 3rd emergency

baggy pants · 02/05/2015 at 12:10

Ok thanks hope there’s no late changes

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 12:50

Is Oxley on your bench as an emergency?

Baggy Pants · 02/05/2015 at 13:23

yes took the chance of a loophole if he didn't perform

Liam · 02/05/2015 at 12:12

Thoughts on playing NVB instead of CEY this week?

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 13:05

CEY gets the gig for me.

jonno · 02/05/2015 at 12:18

Hi All,

Trade Heeney or Lambert for Krak.

Thoughts??

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 12:30

Gambled on looping VC on Cripps going large again v Pendles usual 115-125. Doh!
Hope Fyfe comes through for me with the C.

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 12:59

Does anybody know what the condition of the ground is like at Carrara? (Gold Coast)

If it is a swimming pool I may put Saad on the bench and play mc Intosh?

Any intel community?

Cheers

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 13:11

Must be a pool from all accounts. Good call.

Patch · 02/05/2015 at 13:14

It's been pretty wet, but someone's got to get the pill up there and there's a void in the Gold Coast midfield large enough to be seen from space. I reckon Saad and Touk are going to have to fill it, and if it's wet or not that should equal points. However, Saad only averages 15 disposals, and if that DE drops it might impact him a lot. It's up in the air. I'm sticking with him, but would understand if McIntosh took your fancy.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 02/05/2015 at 13:14

Says it mught have a light shower??

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 02/05/2015 at 13:04

Who do I loophole for Oxley…….R. Murphy, Hunt, Saad, McIntosh, Henderson or Newnes???? I'm Thinking Murphy or Saad because the weather is suppose to be so bad????

Thoughts please?

derek · 02/05/2015 at 13:07

not sure weather matters that much. there is 3300 SC points to allocate, someone has to get them

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 02/05/2015 at 13:10

Who do you think would score the least?

Josh · 02/05/2015 at 13:16

Which 2 from 4 on field?

CEY, Krak, Vandenberg, Miller

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 02/05/2015 at 13:20

VAN CYE

James · 02/05/2015 at 13:29

Saad or McIntosh?

Josh · 02/05/2015 at 13:35

Saad by a whisker

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 02/05/2015 at 14:36

Whos a better play T. Miller or Krak?

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 14:47

Pyke with 9 hit outs to advantage at quarter time! Can he hit the 200 SC points mark!?

JB · 02/05/2015 at 15:23

TMitchell performing will keep Heeney out for sure thoughts …

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 16:04

Goodes is ordinary so there’s a spot there between Heeney and McGlynn though you’d have to favour the latter.

Derek · 02/05/2015 at 16:16

JPK had 1 disposal in third quarter

Tofor · 02/05/2015 at 16:39

Finally Mitchell gets a gig!
    He was about my 10th pick in Supercoach Draft.. been holding him and waiting all this time and not only has he got in, he's tonned up in his first game!

Donavan · 02/05/2015 at 16:45

Rockliff knocked-out.

Price will plummet

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 16:58

Holy cow! Rockliff subbed out with a score of 0!!!!

Has he re injured his ribs? Or is it concussion?

Tyler · 02/05/2015 at 17:00

Rocky got KO’d

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 17:03

Wow his price will take a massive hit this week

Tom · 02/05/2015 at 16:59

had c on read and vc on buddy
what a mistake

Tyler · 02/05/2015 at 17:02

Rockliffs BE is gonna be HUGE…

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 17:05

I reckon Tom Rockliff's price drop next week will be the greatest in Supercoach history.

His 0 will make him an absolute bargain in about 3-4 week if he plays.

Mike · 02/05/2015 at 17:25

I’ll wait till I see him return to at least one big score before I bring him in.

Derek · 02/05/2015 at 18:00

he will go under $500k for sure

carlashirley90 · 02/05/2015 at 17:15

The Bont hmmmm 26% DE think a score like Swan last night would be on the cards but no he get 98 (yet to be scaled)
Swan 70% DE for an 85

Im lost………..

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 17:26

100 SC points for Bontempelli!! Confused? I am. LOL

Bluetackle · 02/05/2015 at 17:55

Hmm should i take dustys 113 as captain or stick with fyfe? Cant see vince’s tag affecting him too much

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 19:38

113 not enough. I have the VC on Dusty as well. Another dozen points from him would have been enough. The percentages say that Fyfe will cruise past 113 tomorrow. You have to be agressive and stick to your convictions. Fyfe currently averages 132 SC points per game. I am sticking with the Fyfe man. Just hope those mean SC gods have tomorrow off. LOL

Cheers

Tyler · 02/05/2015 at 18:11

J Kelly in hospital for split testicle. Getting tested to see if he needs surgery. Sounds painful.

Locked and Loaded · 02/05/2015 at 18:33

Only trading in one of Krak and Taz. Which one should I bring in??

carlashirley90 · 02/05/2015 at 18:52

I am convinced that SC scoring is shady at best

TOPHAWK1 · 02/05/2015 at 19:52

Holidays for Hodge and Lewis. Madness at Etihad tonight. I reckon Lewis in in real strife. Looking at a month out.

carlashirley90 · 02/05/2015 at 20:37

Was going real good till this Hawks Nth game
Lewis and Higgins are killing me

Mac · 03/05/2015 at 08:22

Salem Hogan or Krak on field. Pick 2

Mac · 03/05/2015 at 08:26

Sorry not Krak Lonie

nick · 03/05/2015 at 12:55

hay guys quickly should I start with harry o or take him out and put jake Kelly in as I think Kelly will get a lot of the ball in the port game what u reckon