John Bruyn - The DimmawitsG’day all and welcome to the latest edition of the Bruyn Manoeuvre.

Geez, what a season we’re having! I know for most people a weekend hasn’t gone by without a key injury, a high scoring bench selection or (and!?) a lackluster Captain choice.

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

While these sorts of things can make you want to throw in the towel, give up on the 50k and focus on 2016 – don’t despair just yet. It’s only round 5, plenty can happen.

At this stage what your starting squad looked like will no longer influence where you end up ranking. What’s done is done. What’s matters now are your trading strategies – and where you sit in the rankings should influence how you apply them.

No matter where you are ranked it’s obvious you need to target the best of the best players.

Captain worthy midfielders are your first choice in this regard. I won’t linger here. If you don’t own Nathan Fyfe, you should – and start planning on how you plan to pick up Rocky and Gaz soon enough. If Rory Sloane’s performance taught us anything last weekend, it was not to lose sight of just how few players are worthy of carrying our C each week. Throwing the VC on a Swan, Martin or Franklin is always a worthy move but it’s big a risk following this up with the C on a form player. My guess is that Pendlebury will be a popular VC choice come this Friday night.

Supercoach’s no. 2 ranked player is currently Todd Goldstein. Every one of the top 10 teams has him in the rucks. If you are ranked highly he needs to be traded in ASAP! Simply put, he is building a gap between those with him and without him. I think a defensive trade is needed to close that gap.

If, like me however, you are an unfortunate coach who doesn’t own him (and are not ranked at the top of the pile) I think you have an interesting choice. He is priced at $615k and climbing. Unless you’re sitting on a kitty and bringing Goldstein in isn’t going to hijack your trade plans – don’t chase him. Instead I would recommend staying focused on looking for value in fallen premiums these next few weeks and target Goldstein when our rookies really peak in value.

Put simply, you need to find points others don’t have. Patience and planning are rewarded in this game. Trading in the Goldstein’s of this world are NOT bad trades but they are the vanilla moves most others pursue. Will trading him in lift you out of the pack? Probably not, but smart value trading might. Choosing which trades NOT to make will some weeks be more important than the ones you do.

I will be a very interested, and at times nervous, observer of the Bont’s performance week to week having chosen not to trade him in last weekend. I’ve made the decision to pursue players like Goddard, Franklin, Harvey or eventually Bartel & Lids to complete my forward line partially because so many players have made the opposite choice.

In the next few weeks some mids will be available at very attractive prices. Stevie J, Luke Parker and Michael Barlow are all shaping as popular trade ins. With JPK, Gaz and Rocky right behind them however I’m not sure I’ll be chasing them. Before you go filling too many of your mid slots in the next few weeks, think ahead to the final team you want.

When I make my trades in the coming weeks my focus will be on bringing in consistent high scoring players with proven scoring histories. Trading in guys like Tom McDonald who appear to have crossed that allusive premium threshold is a bit like selecting mid-pricers in your starting team. It’s especially risky if you are bringing them in at the top of their price cycle, so be prepared to let the boat sail. I’m happy to play it safe and get Kade Simpson at a discount personally.

So, when should we start to cull our cash cows?

As a general rule we are told to wait until their break even approximately matches their average. Following this rule, we’ve probably got a week or two to wait – but a couple are starting to show signs.

Christian Salem has probably under performed on what his owners hoped but with a BE of only 12 this week there is still a good chance that he has another $50k or so to rise. If you are looking for a down/upgrade option this week however I think we could go a little early on him, particularly considering his tough upcoming draw. What’s more Salem is on field for most coaches, thus an upgrade should yield extra points whilst a downgrade may not lose any. Consider trading cash cows you own that have this kind of profile first. On the flip side Heeney in the mids is a hold. I think he’s got a bit more cash to make us and we aren’t exposed to his score each week – just keep him on your bench.

Finally, if you are ranked highly don’t become trade obsessed to ‘stay ahead’. Your squad is probably pretty well set up. Back the guys you’ve got now that have been performing well. In fact, preserving a few trades is probably a good move in the coming weeks. That doesn’t mean don’t trade – you need the best cash cows and shouldn’t pass up a bargain priced premium – but put some trust in the gap you’ve put on others. Consolidate a bit towards the byes before putting the foot down. Where you are ranked after round 23 is what matters.

Good luck all,

JB.

Tony · 29/04/2015 at 19:15

Some great words of wisdom in trying times JB !
On the same thought process as Salem would you apply this to Hogan ? Key position player with maybe some very limited
Supply coming up with Melbourne's next 5 games ?

Cheers,
Tony

Jye · 29/04/2015 at 19:20

I'd definitely be keeping Hogan, his big score last weekend will stay with him for the next 2 weeks so he should still have plenty of $ left in him.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 02:34

Keep Hogan mate, scoring better than Salem and you can't get rid of me all at once.

tom · 29/04/2015 at 19:15

is Brodie Smith a good option?

Looking at bringing him in next week as hes price should drop this week but not sure if he is a good option or not?

already have simpson and shaw

Harrison · 29/04/2015 at 19:49

same, i have all three i brought in smith for kolo last week i should have waited and could have avioded the 60 which stained my pants but look everyone in defence this year inst up to much chop. I'd be waiting until his price drops tom if you can wait

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 02:35

He is but he's pricey. His 60 will hang around a awhile yet. Look at cheaper options with attractive BEs

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:33

Wait a week, he is playing in the midfield more now so he could be a good pick

TJM · 29/04/2015 at 19:17

Brilliant Article! So who would you get in. I want to get Tarrent and Krak in. Was thinking originally going Heeney to Krak and Lambert to Tarrent but this article has made me think about Salem to Krak and Lambert to Tarrent. What's everyone else's views on this. Also, should I be looking to offload Goodes this week?

Dan · 29/04/2015 at 19:39

I'm in the same boat here. Except got Lamb not Lambert. I think Heeny has more cash to make as does Salem. Def doing Lamb to Krak, but may hold on the other trade. Tarrant is very very tempting, but has a long injury history.

BigDropKick · 29/04/2015 at 20:11

Agree with you Dan re Tarrant / injuries / played 40 games in 8 years …. have Lambert and Lamb ; Lamb to the slaughter for Krak . Just doing 1 trade this week .

Ethan · 29/04/2015 at 19:43

Salem got a low BE so thats a no. if you really need krak go take off heeney, he will make money in the long term but for the next few weeks his price will stall and gives us more cash generation

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 02:37

Kraks a must. Tarrant only needs to score tow 50s and he'll make you $100k which is hard to pass up at this point.
    If Salem is your F5 or F6 I'd move him but Heeney is doable too. Does depend on your team a bit so back your judgement,

Locked and Loaded · 29/04/2015 at 19:18

Great post clears a lot up for me. Very tempted to bring in Tarrant for Salem this week although I am afraid of his injury history. Your call on Heeney I think is spot on a few culled Dom Tyson too early last year and missed significant cash while wasting a trade. Tough choices this week I think Krakouer may be the only one I bring in but Tarrant could easily find a way in for Salem.

TJM · 29/04/2015 at 19:25

Who did trade for Krak?

Locked and Loaded · 29/04/2015 at 19:40

Ahmed Saad spewing he got the subs vest last week was making some good cash

Anders · 29/04/2015 at 19:24

cheers

Ethan · 29/04/2015 at 19:46

Hold parker and newnes, im not sure what to do with kk but rest assure, both parker and newnes have seen the worst and can only go up.

randomcliche · 29/04/2015 at 20:18

Agreed. @Anders, you only need to think of this way, look at the number of people who are going to bring Parker in over the next 3 weeks. Consider yourself one trade ahead. I know it might not feel like that…but hey. Focus on rookie and midpricer upgrades based around closeness to break even & point scoring capacity. I know most teams have more dud rookies, Lamb/Lambert or DEF rookies who are soon approaching their BE get read to harvest first I say.

Anders · 29/04/2015 at 20:42

thanks mate!

Youngster · 29/04/2015 at 19:47

Don't even think about trading Luke Parker!

Juzzy · 29/04/2015 at 20:11

I would hold all 3.
    Now that Swallow and Malceski are out KK will have to step up.
    Also Weller will be back for the Saints which will free Newnes up.

I

Derek · 29/04/2015 at 21:05

Great point about swallow being out. That should give Miller more midfield time as well at Thumper

Northerner · 29/04/2015 at 22:09

Really impressed with Rocket’s faith he’s shown the kid. He did take a couple of weeks to settle and did lack confidence in the first 2 games, but the last two games he has been solid and his 80s are helpful. Agree next couple of weeks he may be asked to do even a bit more. Hopefully that turbo charges his output and cash generation. This year there has been plenty of cash on offer to this point. Key will be the quality of the trade down targets we get from here.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 02:38

I'd keep Luke. Hurts I know but a pointless trade. Newnes and KK are luxury trades. Only consider moving if everything e,we in your team kicks ass. Maybe look at building a kitty and upgrade around them. Then upgrade them last,

Wheels1987 · 30/04/2015 at 14:26

i would hold em all mate

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
    Ranked: 9581

Brett · 29/04/2015 at 19:26

JB need your thoughts.
Newnes to Hibberd? What do you think? Or should we hold Newnes?
Community your thoughts aswell. I am really stumped on this one

Ben · 29/04/2015 at 19:33

Hold, whats the upside of doing that trade? Saints are hopefully never going to use Newnes as a tagger again he could easily score a 100 next week while smith/simpson/hibbo etc. all score 70ish. You would've been kidding ya self if you though he'll go 95/100+ every week. Just be selling a player at a low point.

Tyler · 29/04/2015 at 21:06

On the flip side though newnes could have another dud score of 60-70 while smith/simpson/hibbo go 100+

Ethan · 29/04/2015 at 19:47

Weller is back in this week so newnes should be unleashed on the wing. hibberd does have some more cash to bleed out before picking him up. Newnes still may go down but everyone has him and we have no assurance who will end up being a top 6 defender at the end of season

randomcliche · 29/04/2015 at 20:20

I assure you Hodge will! 🙂

Jayden · 29/04/2015 at 21:44

I assure you hodge Isnt guaranteed top 6 based on overall points as he will get rested later on

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 02:38

Try upgrade to hibbard from elsewhere.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:28

It's a luxury trade mate

Anders · 29/04/2015 at 19:28

wise words jb! i need some advice as to what to do with Luke Parker, Jack Newnes or Kade Kolo.. should i trade them or hold all of them? i have about $190k in the kitty! advice would be good as gold.
cheers

tom · 29/04/2015 at 19:30

who needs to go first?

oxley or mcintosh?

Sparrow · 29/04/2015 at 19:41

Seedsman consolidating a spot may see Oxley pushed out has been subbed twice this year. So in saying that Oxley might bigw one

Spifflicator · 29/04/2015 at 19:44

We won't know until this week or next, If one cranks out an 80 we will need to keep him. Wait and see.

Ethan · 29/04/2015 at 19:48

neither and that should be decided on a later date depending on their scores

Kev · 29/04/2015 at 21:20

Not a pressing matter, tom. Oxley b/e 12 and Macca 29. Let them fatten up fully before trading them in

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:28

See if Oxley gets sub this week. Keep both for now. Maybe bench Oxley.

jake · 29/04/2015 at 19:32

masterpiece of an article, you gave me a second look. Now i think it best to keep heeney even though he may not play he is on my bench normally so that doesnt matter. But trading down salem to a krakour gives me more $$$ and will score similar points.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:28

Good to hear mate cheers

Haz · 29/04/2015 at 19:35

To everyone wanting to trade Newnes, Parker etc. Please do. If everyone is wasting trades and chasing points it'll help me climb up the rankings. Cheers.

chrissovan · 29/04/2015 at 19:45

Me too mate, me too

zeesus · 30/04/2015 at 10:09

I hope they are the same people who wasted a trade getting rid of Cripps after one game. They'll have nothing left by round 15!

Harrison · 29/04/2015 at 19:38

Current rookies and potential trades. I want to bring in Tarrant and the Krak. I have Heeney, Lambert, Miller, wallis, mcintosh, clark, lonie, salem, hogan, ellis yoeman, cripps, oxley, saad, newnes, goodes, vandenberg
I have 27 trades and $37,400.
Im keeping newnes wallis also the likes of salem hogan ellis yoeman, cripps, oxley, saad, miller, heeney, clark, lonie mcintosh vandenberg
so my options of trades are goodes and lambert
Only problem is goodes is a defender and i have no swingset
Trades so far: Gaz to fyfe, kolo to smith, bartell to bont
Would you consider doing a lambert trade to tarrant/krak and maybe another trade but who to tarrant/krak
Who is more of a priority?
Is it worth holding wallis and newnes
Current rank 11,584 not doing too well

Ethan · 29/04/2015 at 19:49

down wallis, up goodes

Harrison · 29/04/2015 at 19:54

why would i get rid of wallis and who would i bring in for goodes? I already have shaw simpson and smith

randomcliche · 29/04/2015 at 20:33

I traded Wells last week, hear me out I know you don't have him. Wells impacted by calf injury, but may be named this week, could go bang, more likely I think slower cash G than initially expected. 60odd in point cycle doesn't help in lead up to bye rounds. Similarities to Wells and Wallis is not lost on me and I think it provides a good study.

I also have Wallis, I thought he was going to my clear POD, given 3%? had him. I still think he is worth holding in certain situations, but is out for another 2. Its the relative cash generation (given 15 in cycle) vs value of the trade and expected period of holding. I think over the next 3 weeks, you can make over $100k by trading Wallis to Krak/Tarrant. I don't think that the point scoring capacity is going to offset that, Although at the beginning of the season I hoped one or all of Rich, Wallis & Wells would average 110. I value a trade at approx $100k, so I'm doing it. Welcome Krak and Tarrant to team randomcliche.

Northernsoul74 · 29/04/2015 at 21:03

Wallis apparently training well and feeling good. He'll be back soon so def hold.

Harrison · 29/04/2015 at 21:08

thankyou, im thinking of lambert to krakour

Sully321 · 29/04/2015 at 19:39

I'm ranked 4,026
Hi community,
I've got lamb and jed Anderson and 56k in the bank
And my current rucks are Nic nat and Jacobs
I could go lamb to Tarrant but then wouldn't have enough for Jacobs to Goldstein
If I moved Krakour into my midfield and trade out Anderson for Tarrant
Which would leave enough money for Jacobs
Your thoughts
Thanks in advance

Ethan · 29/04/2015 at 19:51

jee tough one. if your really desperate to get goldy, then make that trade. Having lamb on the bench isnt the end of the world

Richard · 29/04/2015 at 19:53

Don't be insane and swap Jacobs for Goldy….read the above. Jacobs has the potential to go big…trade other lines.. Worry about Goldy later…

Derek · 29/04/2015 at 21:10

I’ll be getting Sauce in next week, has his big round 2 score going out of his price next week, I’m getting him in

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:37

Stick with Sauce mate

Penny · 29/04/2015 at 19:43

Sinclair to krakour
And or
McGrath/Lonie to Tarrant
25 trades left. To do both one or the other or neither. Stumped….

Ethan · 29/04/2015 at 19:52

mcrath to tarrant, lonie will still play

Penny · 29/04/2015 at 19:54

Mm maybe I'll do McGrath for krakour and pocket $60000 straight away and save my trades 🙂

Boofa · 29/04/2015 at 20:01

I dumped McGrath for Tarrant and I suggest you do to. I wouldn’t guarantee he recovers from his injury this year

Penny · 29/04/2015 at 20:14

Mm food for thought thanks guys!

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:38

Trade te injured player mate

chrissovan · 29/04/2015 at 19:44

Great article Jon, totally agree with finding valued premiums and gathering points from players that have great scoring history. I tend to look at fanfooty a lot and check on the high ceiling players and consistencyz

Harrison · 29/04/2015 at 19:52

John* Bruyn

Bontemgasmic · 29/04/2015 at 19:50

Great article JB

You have backed up my thinking about the Goldy gap (I'm ranked 430) , but this week is cash cows, and with upcoming cheap premiums I think I'll let things play out for a few weeks – hopefully Maric and Nic Nat can bridge the gap somewhat.
If the gap continues to grow I will have to pull the trigger.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:38

Good move mate. Playing it smart I like it

Jimmy · 29/04/2015 at 19:57

Need ya help JB

I’ve gone lamb for Tarrant this week and not sure if I should use my other trade on wines who remains on my bench to a Cripps or Krak. I’m more turning towards Krak for more cash to upgrade but Cripps is looking good.

Thoughts much appreciated.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:39

Yep, check wines is a few weeks away and then go him to Krak. Look to spend the cash next week though don't keep there or it will cost points

Brian · 29/04/2015 at 20:05

I went Lamb to Dickson from the Dogs after tons. Now have to decide if I go Dickson to Tarrent and take the 65k profit or hold as potentially could make a lot more!

In two minds!

@t_woof · 29/04/2015 at 20:58

Using too many trades there Brian.

1. Lamb > Dickson
    2. Tarrant < Dickson
    3. Tarrant > Premium

3 trades seems too many. Think you have to ride out Dickson.

Brian · 30/04/2015 at 09:54

Thanks that’s what my gut was telling me. Saving trades is one of my priorities this year. Hopefully Dickson will regain his early form!

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:39

Too many trades mate. Keep Dickson if that's where you are at

Brian · 30/04/2015 at 09:57

Thanks. Hopefully he might turn out to be a POD if everyone is going to Tarrant.

noob · 29/04/2015 at 20:17

Looking to do 2 trades this week boys.

Either

wines —> krak
lambert –> tarrant
leaves me with one premo down but a great war chest.

or

heeney/NVB –> krak
lambert –> tarrant

if i do the second option it will still leave me with 100k or so but leaves 550k (wines) stuck on the bench for another week.

liam · 29/04/2015 at 21:23

option 2 if you have cover for wines.
    Wines to rocky in a couple of weeks is looking a good pickup with his massive BE

Northerner · 29/04/2015 at 22:18

Agree. NVB to go over Heeney

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:42

Tricky, leaning towards one because you'll probably face same situation next week otherwise.
    Just check Wines' progress

noob · 30/04/2015 at 08:03

Thanks mate was checking Ports injury scenario because of krak and him being on the rookie list his replacement is still listed as 4 weeks ok…. TICK

Also Wines listed as 3-4 weeks leaning towards option 1 as I can keep NVB for at least this week will either go up a bit or stay the same price and pick up a fallen premo with the 400k I would now have.

eatemalive · 29/04/2015 at 20:19

90% plus Teams will be trading Krak n Taz in this week, any forward thinking on who we will be putting the VC on this week ? I'm seriously considering C.Judd , week off,Friday night look at me,the Mick thing – Any thoughts ?

Charlesy · 30/04/2015 at 05:46

I’m thinking Selwood on the G v Richmond loophole into Fyfe v Melbourne mate

Tony · 30/04/2015 at 15:58

I also toyed with the idea of VC to Judd, because I like a Friday night VC. But I've decided on Pendles again, because I'd be happy to take the extra POD points if Judd goes big, but not waste the VC if he doesn't. Then make a decision on retaining Pendles' (more reliable?) score or going to Fyfe / Goldy / Sloane.

jockreynolds · 29/04/2015 at 20:20

You're an absolute belter John – what a fantastic article mate

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:43

Thumbs up mate

JMG · 29/04/2015 at 20:21

I’m gonna get Krak this wk, can do for McGrath in the forwards and pocket the cash

Just wondering tho if I should trade J Nelson for Krak instead and open up DPP link in mids and then trade McGrath for Tarrent. Will make about $75K doing these two trades, not much.

So not sure if this is wasting a trade as Nelson has low B/E but isn’t scoring well or making too much cash. I have Heeney also as potential trade.

I’ve only used 2 trades so far, thoughts?

Traderlyf · 29/04/2015 at 22:42

youll make a lot more then 75k

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:43

Mcgrath

Jonathan · 29/04/2015 at 20:22

Need thoughts on if this is a good move or not community.

Luke Parker out for Dyson Heppell who comes in and straight onto the C against St Kilda

eatemalive · 29/04/2015 at 20:29

nuh, hold he will come good, you have to look at the whole book just not 1 chapter

@t_woof · 29/04/2015 at 21:02

Heppell v St Kilda: 57, 88, 80, 90. Stick with Parker.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:44

Hold buddy

Monte Casino · 29/04/2015 at 20:24

How many trades should we ideally have left going into the bye rounds?
And how many left after the bye rounds?

KJU FC · 29/04/2015 at 20:46

I'd say if you have around 10 or more trades left after bye rounds you'd be pretty happy.

Monte Casino · 29/04/2015 at 20:55

10 is that all? Thought it would be a higher number than that, that leaves you what, 1 per week to the end.

Reckon I will have 12 left at the end of the byes; so wondering it it is worthwhile burning one on Tarrant to make some money, even though I really don't want him in my team.

KJU FC · 29/04/2015 at 21:01

well by bye times you'd be hoping for a near full premo side so you would only be using trades on underperforming premiums/injuries.

It depends on who you are trading him out for.
        If you really dont want him than maybe it is best to stick to your gut.

who knows… you could be a genius after this week if he goes down with an ACL 2 minutes in…

Juzzy · 29/04/2015 at 20:44

Fantastic article JB.

NVB to Krak is a no-brainer for me. The Tarrant decision is a lot different. If I had a fwd line with Lamb,Mcgrath or Lambert it would be easy, but my whole fwd line are playing and the rookies are still appreciating. My initial reaction was don't waste a trade as everyone is burning through them. But … are we all going to end up with 12 peaked out rookies with nobody to go down to ?
Hamling, Steele, Goddard, Laverde ? Maybe, Maybe.
I don't think we will be as blessed this season to have 2 such obvious rook choices in one week so I say take the cash and run. Be it Heeney, Salem etc,etc.

Northernsoul74 · 29/04/2015 at 21:09

I agree, take the rookies while they are there. No idea who and when the next cows will come along.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:44

Makes sense mate

Penny · 29/04/2015 at 20:50

You need two trades per cash cow into premium. Roughly 16 for most people. And I'm guessing about 10 trades for injuries. I know I'm pushing my luck with injury trades D:

Andrew · 29/04/2015 at 20:57

Hey everyone, why not help these guys out. They are just starting up and could use ur support, which would be much appreciated. All u need to do is give them a like.

Hamish · 29/04/2015 at 21:14

Actually seems good, I’ll give them a like.

Liam · 29/04/2015 at 21:32

Love the article JB,

I have 56k in the bank currently

Do i go: 1. TBC to Tarrant and NVB to krak

or 2: just 1 trade, NVB to tarrant via lambert DPP

Which one??

Hamish · 29/04/2015 at 21:39

How many trades u got left mate and what’s ur overall rank? Helps determine ur position and which ones u should do

Liam · 29/04/2015 at 21:47

25 trades left and sitting just over 8500th

Hamish · 29/04/2015 at 22:26

I reckon option 1 mate, cash generation and adds cash to ur war chest for upgrade in couple weeks time.

Derek · 29/04/2015 at 23:04

Lambert to Taz. Lambert not playing, NVB and TBC still playing ok

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:49

What's your fwd bench? Probably 2. What if you need ruck coverage soon! Expensive trade if so!

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:49

I'd take Krak too not tarrant

@boltie_monster · 29/04/2015 at 22:00

Should I go heeney to krakouer or hold heeney? Ive already made a trade of lamb to tarrant

Hamish · 29/04/2015 at 22:35

I think go for it. Firstly that 7 will be in Heeney breakeven calculation for 3 weeks, therefore delaying his price rise. Secondarily Krak looks awesome and he kicks a lot instead of handballing.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:49

Salem first imo

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:31

Heeney to Krak is good, you won't find a rookie that cheap too often

Kano · 29/04/2015 at 22:08

Great article JB. Was along the lines of my thinking, which is why im thinking (team selection pending) of downgrading NVB as I think while he might make a little more money,having thompson back in the side has effected his scores and they wont be much higher than his current breakeven. The crouch bros will also be pushing for selection which makes his JS lower. Then thinking goodes or mcintosh to hibberd who has a breakeven of 90 which I think is achievable. Happy to pay 460000 for a premo. Still will have around 180000 in the bank and an extra premo in my teams. Would appreciate the communities thoughts/advice.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:50

I like it maye

psyrick · 29/04/2015 at 22:32

Hi community, this is my first time posting and my first year of serious SC, the last time I played GWS weren't even a team yet and I didn't understand the game. I'm going brilliantly somehow though, mostly thanks to this community and my good mate, and I am going well for trades and have even managed to upgrade Bellchambers to Grundy this week, already having Goldstein. I was just wondering how much cash I should be aiming to have for the big premo drops coming up, I got 14K after this weeks trades, and most of the good rookies.

Kev · 30/04/2015 at 09:02

Welcome to the community, psyrick. There is no magic number mate. There is a general consensus for rookie trading though:
    a) has gone up 200-250k in value
    b) their breakeven is higher than their average at which point they start losing money.

When either of these two things happen you trade them down for a rookie. Giving you a tidy sum to upgrade another rookie to a reliable scorer

psyrick · 30/04/2015 at 11:33

Thanks, while I did think it was just that, I didn't want to be missing out on some magic number that would guarantee you x and y for cheap haha. Good solid advice though, thankfully I have avoided pulling the gun early on any of my rookies, so I will just follow the script when it comes to most of them.

derek · 30/04/2015 at 10:48

I would hold off the TBC to Grundy trade. I know it looks good on paper, but you will find you will need to upgrade Grundy at a later date and you might not have trades to do that or have more urgent issues to deal with. I would hold off one more week and then go TBC to either Mummy or Sauce.

Sauce will have his big round 2 score dropping out of his 3 week average after this week, so I can see him dropping in price further but that might be his bottom. Mummy has his poor week 3 score dropping out of his average in two weeks time, so I think next week will be the cheapest Mummy will fall to. So I would hold getting grundy and get in one of those two next week

psyrick · 30/04/2015 at 11:28

Yeah, now that I think about it you may be on the money, I also have realised Grundy being a younger body, is very unlikely to play out 22, which is probably another why you are thinking he'd only be a pivot. While Ryder is tempting, I personally believe he will go up with Lobbe in the team, I know the big Hink will rest him during the season at any sign of fatigue or injury, so I think Sauce (Sam Jacobs I presume) might be a good option next week, he'll likely play a lot of the 22. Cheers man.

skate or die · 29/04/2015 at 22:45

help! do i pull the pin on scott lycett (i have the cash) or hold?? Lycett is currently in my ruck with bellchambers.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:51

Upgrade imo

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:30

He has to go, maybe to Nic Nat or Maric

MoshedPotatoes · 29/04/2015 at 22:51

Currently 679th with a midfield full of players people have been jumping off. I have Griffen, Parker, Martin, Beams, Dangerfield, Cripps and then the actual performers Lewis & Fyfe. I have no clue on if to trade some of these mids to fallen premiums or just continue with this midfield which is becoming more of a POD each week with everyone jumping off.

MoshedPotatoes · 29/04/2015 at 22:56

i have $298k in the bank and 25 trades remaining. got krak and tarrant in this week for two injured rookies

Ps. I also have Newnes

@TheNoLanguage · 29/04/2015 at 23:28

I would hold mate, I have all of those except Danger and Lewis and ranked similarly. Stick by your premos focus on getting the rookies right. Keep an eye on Newnes and maybe upgrade him near the byes if his output wanes.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:51

Go for the best not pod players,judge them on that's basis

Stevie · 29/04/2015 at 23:05

Before trades I have 7 of the top 10 traded out players this week in my team, how many do u have? Stupid shoal already in a panic.

dean billman · 29/04/2015 at 23:35

How do you see the top 10? I can only see the top 5 on my page.

Stevie · 30/04/2015 at 00:29

Under the analyser tab in the right side column it has most traded, traded in and traded out. Do u have super coach gold?

@TheNoLanguage · 29/04/2015 at 23:26

Hey guys,

Some great comments on here about holding our nuts and not panic trading, I tend to agree. Fortunately I've avoided a lot of carnage so far and ranked 796, also only used two trades. I still have Lamb and McGrath on my forward bench however so this week I am thinking of going McGrath to Tarrant in FWD and NVB to Krak opening up DPP swing. Leaves me with 306k in the warchest for upgrades. Good move??

Jon · 29/04/2015 at 23:45

Sounds good to me. It looks like emergencies will be needed in the forward line for at least a few weeks with Gray and Swan (assuming you have them), and NVB has a BE of 64, which is not too dissimilar to what he has averaged since 2012. I am downgrading NVB myself.

JohnBruyn · 30/04/2015 at 03:52

Do it buddy

derek · 30/04/2015 at 10:36

I would hold NVB and trade out Lamb. I don't think he will be playing for some time. best to have warm bodies.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 29/04/2015 at 23:30

Cautious with trading. NVB was the must have two weeks and a lot of teams traded cripps to get him in as they were the same price Thommo came back NVB flatlined and cripps has now over taken him with serious $ to come. Now it is NVB to Tarrant. Hope history doesn’t repeat itself. Treat those trades carefully.

Stevie · 30/04/2015 at 00:23

Good call, that and his easier draw coming up are the reasons I'm keeping him. I think Scotty could be rested in one of the easier games after the showdown also.

SCaddict · 30/04/2015 at 02:02

There's a risk in every trade you make or DON'T make. Perhaps the Tarrant trade won't work out but right now he's looking like the fastest and easiest $250K plus we've seen in Supercoach for a while.

I think anyone would be crazy to turn that kind of opportunity down but obviously every coach has to make their own call and do what they believe is best for their team.

So I would caution all coaches who don't trade him in this week as next week when he likely shoots up $100K it will all be too late to change your mind as that ship will well and truly have sailed!

POLLY · 30/04/2015 at 09:11

Agree addict. Just saying don’t get too excited with the trade button. This week I’m going lambert to Tarrant and Anderson to krak. No Brainer really on those trades. Leaves me 26. Then Rich – Sloane Rd 7.

nathan · 30/04/2015 at 05:59

Gday community

My dilemma is i need goldy

but money to be made with rookies in krakour and tarrant

So i take goldy and moss the boat on one of the boys and if so who?

Or wait an extra couple of week to bring goldy in?

Kev · 30/04/2015 at 08:54

Did you read JB thoughts on this, nathan? Paragraph 5 mate

nathan · 30/04/2015 at 10:53

Yeah mate
      He says if it doesn’t hijack ua team to leave it
      It was a trade I wasn’t looking at doing because I wasn’t expecting ruckman to score like he has been
      I still have 11 players making me some considerable amount of money and if I inject krak or Tarrant that makes it 12
      I need 8 players to make a side worth keeping
      And If I trade in some fallen premos I won’t need as much money to get these blokes either
      So it’s either I lose 300/350k or 50 points per most weeks
      How long will goldy be priced this high?? Will be most the year
      So do I take him now while I wait for my rookies to appreciate more or wait????? It’s tuff
      I had a real bad week last week
      And have fallen off the pace a bit and this might just steady the ship for a while

Sarah · 30/04/2015 at 09:12

Goldy won't go up in price anywhere near as much as the two rookies. Therefore, the numbers say you should trade in the rookies and get Goldy next week.

nathan · 30/04/2015 at 10:56

I’m leaning that way
      But
      Hard to pass up
      He was a last minute out in my starting line up as well

Sarah · 30/04/2015 at 11:00

Let me put it this way… Goldy will still be available at roughly the same price next week while Krak and Tarrant won't be.
        At the end of the day it's your decision though.

nathan · 30/04/2015 at 11:30

True true
          It makes more sense to take the rookies the more I think about it with the help of the community like yourself
          Cheers

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:28

Depends on who your rucks are. If you have Minson, Bellchambers, Leuenberger, it is worth the trade to Goldstein. I wouldn't trade someone like a Nic Nat yet, he is not doing that badly. Keep faith in your premiums

Jess · 30/04/2015 at 07:16

Will probably go Anderson to Krak. Debating whether to use second trade on Lamb to Tarrant, or upgrade one of Lumumba / Newnes.

Grab the two rookies or go one down / one up? Or just grab Krak and save the second trade (have Lonie as F7)?

Tyler · 30/04/2015 at 08:05

Get tarrant he will make you heaps of cash worth a trade

Jono · 30/04/2015 at 13:38

Is he worth 2 trades is the question

Skye · 30/04/2015 at 08:00

Do I trade Heeney or Sinclair to krak?
And McGrath to Tarrant or hold…

Jdogg · 30/04/2015 at 08:25

McGrath won’t be back for 6+ weeks. Leppa won’t rush him back either. Go for it. Huge $ upside there.

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:26

Heeney and trade McGrath

mitch · 30/04/2015 at 08:00

What are everyones thoughts on J.Kelly in defence? I've downgraded goodes to him this week but am worried about burning trades on a bloke that's had a couple of ok (just ok) games

Kev · 30/04/2015 at 08:51

Reckon you've just answered your own question there, mitch. Rule of thumb if you start second guessing a trade, reverse it.

Tofor · 30/04/2015 at 10:34

what about Whitecross as an alternative? Under 200k, 42 and 61 in his first two games after ages out with injury… but should improve… plus his job security is good with the Hawks down a couple of defenders.

NateCrows · 30/04/2015 at 11:58

Reckon he will be out this week. Crows need experience in defense. Cheeney will be back

Jdogg · 30/04/2015 at 08:26

Mulling over a potential move from Newnes to B.Smith. I know Smith has a high break even and will dr

Jdogg · 30/04/2015 at 08:28

Sorry…drop in value this week but what is Newwnes break even? Will the $ difference be negligible?

Kev · 30/04/2015 at 08:50

Newnes b.e 114. Facing a top of almost 20k if he hits his 72 average
      Smith b.e 155. Facing a drop of around 24k if he hits his 102 average

50/50. If you've got other priorities this week you could hold off.

derek · 30/04/2015 at 10:51

My thoughts on Adelaide are that Thompson coming back into the team has changed the mid-field structure. He missed the first two weeks and Smith had big scores, mainly because he was playing on the wing and in the guts. Sloane also had some big scores (although he did score well in week 3 when Thompson played). Since Thompson has come back, he has dominated the disposals for the crows and I think he has affected Sloane and Smiths scoring ability. I was ready to jump from KK to smith week 3 but held because of smiths head knock. Right now I am waiting to get more information on how Thompson is affecting his scoring.

derek · 30/04/2015 at 10:33

sorry, you were talking about a different Smith!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/04/2015 at 10:54

No need to be sorry great analysis B Smith! Agree let’s see what happens next couple of weeks b4 jumping on the b Smith train. Do u have a similar analysis D Smith?
        Andy do what your gut tells you it has obviously worked OK so far but would definitely be a POD. And with that ranking we should b listening to you and taking your advice!

NateCrows · 30/04/2015 at 12:02

Don't think so mate. Brodie smith would have scored a lot better if he kicked effectively and kicked a goal. He missed and kicked at around 60-65% Rory had around 20 possessions (low for him) but his effeciency was shocking too. He copped a few hard knocks and locked ginger.

john · 30/04/2015 at 08:45

What are you considering ranked highly?

Ethan · 30/04/2015 at 10:32

top 1%

General Soreness · 30/04/2015 at 08:49

John again pearls of wisdom at the appropriate time. Brilliant mate.

Andy · 30/04/2015 at 10:12

Any thoughts on Devon Smith? He was in and out all pre season and I sort of regret not having him in my side now. I know it’s early but he looks the goods after a strong finish to last season. I’m considering him as an upgrade option in the coming weeks. I’m currently ranked 1171 and need a POD to catch the leaders.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/04/2015 at 10:54

Ref comment above

Scumthorpe · 30/04/2015 at 10:55

Andy. POD's are that for a reason. People do not trust them or they have not got a proven record. I know smith is a newish player but have a look at his numbers for last year. He seems to get runs of higher scores interposed with a runs of lower scores. Same as this year.
    When ranked at 1171 you have more chance falling than rising so I would be trying to get the template team rather than a POD. Think of it this way, you are probably 300 points behind the leader with 18 rounds to go. You need to gain an average of 16 points a week to catch them. A POD will certainly gain this for you but he more likely will also lose twice this in some weeks.
    Another point, after looking at last weeks scores choosing a Fyfe over a Sloane as captain or a Vandenberg over a Heeney as sub would easily make more than a POD. Captain and Bench selection, although luck some weeks, will more than likely make the difference between the top 1000 or so teams

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/04/2015 at 11:11

So basically blind luck and strategic use of loopholes.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/04/2015 at 11:14

Oh and alsi as JB says having a definite but adaptable plan.

Andy · 30/04/2015 at 11:31

Thanks for the reply mate. You make some really good points. I don’t have Sloane and was happy from a competitive point of view (I think he’s a champion bloke) that he scored poorly because I knew a lot of the top teams would have had the C on him. I think choosing the right rookies on the field and the right VC and C are extremely important to chipping away to get to the top.

If you look at last week, I had Cripps on the field which was great, but also had Heeney with Vandenberg on the bench. I know these things happen but I would have been in the top 300 if Vandenberg and Heeney were swapped around. This just shows how one decision can effect your rankings dramatically!

Good luck to all!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/04/2015 at 11:59

Yep I try and get an early rookie E and see how they go. Ie last week had the E on vanders and hogan. Both tonned up so left Wines and Gray on the field. Will put the E on cripps this week. If he goes bang leave Wines on the field if not swap Wines onto the bench for Vanders. Just my thoughts but has worked a treat so far. Of course only works when your E scores big if you have a non playing player on that line.

Fluwid · 30/04/2015 at 11:15

Hi JB,

first time posting. Have the magazine also for the first time this year which I found great.

So my question.. you mentioned Salems break even is 12.

I used a Breakeven calculation I got off another website

(PRICE/5350 X 3) – last 2 scores = BE

I did Salems calculation and got 7.

How did you get 12? I wouldn’t mind knowing your calculations, and do they normally work out for you. Do you pay for supercoach gold? Is that worth the extra?

cheers,

Fluwid.

Locked and Loaded · 30/04/2015 at 12:11

SC gold is definitely helpful. Not sure which site your using to calculate break evens and to clear up his BE is 17.

derek · 30/04/2015 at 12:43

just get SC Gold!

TRIGGER HAPPY · 30/04/2015 at 17:15

Replace 5,350 with 5,028 or 5,027.78 to be exact and this gives you the correct break evens using your formula above. ie Salem is 17. Cheers.

Alec · 30/04/2015 at 11:23

Thinking of trading in R.Tarrant this week, and trading out either C.Salem or K.Lambert or T.Lamb due to they are not playing? also is K.Lambert or T.Lamb injured or just not being selected?

Sarah · 30/04/2015 at 11:41

Both Lambert and Lamb are injured.

BomberSam · 30/04/2015 at 11:52

Sound like good trades to me. Lambert and Lamb are both injured, and will be for a while.

Pales · 30/04/2015 at 11:25

So… have trades up my sleeve and havnt used many, but considering Lamb -> Tarrant, and Van Berlo -> Scott Thompson.

Thoughts? Should i maybe bring in Krakouer instead of Thompson?

Pales · 30/04/2015 at 11:35

Or even Rich -> Thompson?

BomberSam · 30/04/2015 at 11:51

Lamb to Tarrant is fine, many others probably making the same trade. Van Berlo to Krakouer is probably the most popular trade of the round. It will give you a lot of cash, but bringing in Scott Thompson is a bit of a shark move that could close the gap if it goes well. I personally would be going for safety and adding to my bank, but it's risk vs. reward and I don't think the risk is too big!

derek · 30/04/2015 at 12:42

you are chacing last weeks points with Thompson. with trades up your sleeve, I'd be grabbing the cash with krak and looking at Thompson's output over the next couple of weeks.

NateCrows · 30/04/2015 at 11:35

Monster article! How do you find undies to house the enormous girth of your testicles.

So much great advice in this article, so many options to come in a short amount of time trading into the byes looks like where the game will be won.

chandanrajdb · 30/04/2015 at 11:42

Hello Community,

Is it worth burning one trade by trading out NIC NAT to GOLDY, at the moment Goldy looks like a must have Ruckmen…..thoughts would be much appreciated….I am saying this as “burning a trade” because it is actually a sideways trade that I am considering to do with Nic Nat to Goldy…..Still regretting that last minute swaping of GOLDY from my starting line up…..

My Current Rucks are:

I Maric & Nic Nat

Thinking of below trade options, I have already got Krak in my team….if I do 2 trades this week will be left with 25 trades…

OPTION – 1: Do one trade and get on Tarrant by trading Tom Bellchambers
OUT: TBC
IN: Tarrant
left with $197k (approx) in the warchest…

OPTION – 2:
OUT: Nic Nat & TBC
IN: Goldy & Tarrant
left with $52,000 (approx) in the warchest…..

If I go with Option 1, i will have to wait for sometime till I get Goldy and hope he drops in price (I will only consider to bring in GOLDY if both of my current RUCKS do not step up in scoring in the next few weeks). Next week thinking of upgrading Salem to Paddy Ryder, which brings back the Ruck cover lost due to trading of TBC this week…

Tending towards Option – 1, communities thoughts will be really appreciated…..

Cheers,
RAJ

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:22

Option 1, Nic Nat isn't going that badly at the moment, Goldstein will come down in price soon

Sarah · 30/04/2015 at 12:48

Option 1

Wheels · 30/04/2015 at 14:13

my advice is do nothing

leave nic nat and TBC

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
    Ranked: 9581

Locked and Loaded · 30/04/2015 at 11:53

Salem or Heeney to Tarrant? Considering waiting to see if Heeney is the sub and if he is bye bye Isaac.

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:21

Heeney, Salem is more of a chance to go up yet

Wheels · 30/04/2015 at 14:13

hold until teams released tonight mate

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
    Ranked: 9581

Locked and Loaded · 30/04/2015 at 17:54

Cheers guys. Wheels will even wait up until the bounce of the syd game

TommyD21 · 30/04/2015 at 12:17

Need your help community

This week looking at building my war chest to upgrade in the following weeks
Advice on trades this week, looking at doing the following

OUT
Bellchambers and NVB

IN
Tarrant and Krakouer

Leaves me with a bank of $393,400 which I can use to upgrade the likes of Newnes, Heeney ETC

Or am I better to hold onto NVB and trade out Lamb who is injured, but leaves me with a lot less cash?

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:20

Trades sound good

Sarah · 30/04/2015 at 12:49

I'd go for the trade which make money. That's what I'm doing. I'm holding onto Lamb to use for captains loophole.

Wheels · 30/04/2015 at 14:12

i would hold TBC.

Rucks are fickle this season and you could loose your cover

that said, i dont even have TBC but i had to trade out Minson last week so that wasnt ideal

Danners16 · 30/04/2015 at 12:37

Great stuff John! just curious community, who is the best defender under $460,000. I do like Hibberd as an option, but I decided to have a look at Tom McDonald. There are a few key defenders that are in the premium range now, Hooker, Rance, Gibson to name a few. Hooker burst onto the scene last season which I reckon McDonald could do to. Thoughts?

Trab Pukcip · 30/04/2015 at 13:29

Hooker started the same last year, sucked people in, then didn't score one ton in the last 15 games! He actually only scored over 80 in 2 of those games! I wont be bringing him for the life of me.

Locked and Loaded · 30/04/2015 at 13:44

I like Hibbo Danners starting to hit his straps I think

Wheels · 30/04/2015 at 14:11

im going to hold on defenders until Malceski hits the bottom of his price in a few weeks

should be focused on MID / FWD .

DEF line will be last for me

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
    Ranked: 9581

derek · 30/04/2015 at 12:38

I would trade Lamb, he isn't playing and doesn't give your team anything.

Sarah · 30/04/2015 at 12:50

He gives a good captains loophole option.

Frank the Tank · 30/04/2015 at 12:43

Hi community,

Ranked 9198, and have $278,000 in the bank.

Missed some lockouts last week so my team is a week behind. Looking to trade in Krak and / or Tarrant and / or another Premo defender.

Any help would be great:

Backs: B Smith, Yarran, H Shaw, Newnes, McIntosh, Saad (N Brown, Hamling)

Mids: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Selwood, Dangerfield, Rich, Cripps, Ellis-Yolmen, Van Den Berg (Heeney, Anderson, Miller)

Rucks: Mumford, Natanui (O'Brien)

Forwards: Swan, Bontempelli, Gray, Bellchambers, Salem, M Clark (Hogan, Lonie)

Thanks in advance!

derek · 30/04/2015 at 13:31

Anderson to krak looks best trade

Gordo · 30/04/2015 at 13:42

Obrien to Tarrant via TBC

Wheels (Pnorkle900) · 30/04/2015 at 14:05

Controversial Move
    Shark Vs Shoal Manoeuvrings

Rich to Krak

???

If you never planned on keeping RICH all season it could be a bold move to trade him now, then have that cash to upgrade this or next week.

I dont have RICH so its easy for me to say, but with a higher BE , could be time to cull ..

cheers

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
    Ranked: 9581

Chicken Dinner · 30/04/2015 at 12:49

VC Decision.

I'm going Swan, with my only other non playing players being Lambert and Cox, no other choice for me 🙁

Came 42nd last week gents, just outside 10k into top 500, gap is not that large at the moment! Save those trades!

This week is particularly hard due to the fact of not being able to loophole players in, thinking of keeping lamb just for this sole reason.

Good luck all!

Chicken Dinner · 30/04/2015 at 12:54

That being said, if swanny doesnt play… Wont be able to loophole as i'll need the bench!

Gordo · 30/04/2015 at 13:38

want to bring in tarrant this week

option one is trade out lonie/salem/clark (leaning towards lonie at the moment)

option two is swing tbc with cox (ruck bench) and trade cox to tarrant

option three trade TBC straight to tarrant (least favourite option at the moment as i believe ruck cover will be

needed)

Option four henney down to Tarrant and swing Gray into the mid for a couple weeks

currently forward line is Gray, Swan, Martin, Hogan,Salem, TBC, Clark and Lonie

opinions would be very appricated

Wheels1987 · 30/04/2015 at 14:23

if you have no one to trade from your MIDS to get Tarrant in then go for the rookie with the highest BE . SALEM

Hold TBC until you can afford to upgrade him to a RYDER and have 3 good rucks in your team

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
    Ranked: 9581

Wheels · 30/04/2015 at 14:09

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
Ranked: 9581

Jono · 30/04/2015 at 14:13

G’day community,
Great sound advice being thrown around.

I have been weighing up the krak and taz trade all week.

The reason why krak really and only appeals to me is that he is a cheap scoring DDP which opens up a lot of flexibility in my MID/FWD structures.
The issue is who to trade out as I don’t want to waste trades. Atm I’m looking at heeney or rich.

My MIDS are, fyfe, sloane, Lewis, beams, rich, griff, cripps, vander, EYC, miller and heeney.

Question is, is rich reaching his full potential to trade him on because I still think heeney can make me more cash after the next few weeks. Trading off rich will leave more in the warchest for next weeks trades of trade #1 upgrading Salem to McGovern opening up DEF/FWD swing with Goddard or upgrading TBC to Rider and also trade #2 upgrading gooded to maybe Tmac or Simpson.

stumped ATM.
Any thoughts would be appreciated

Wheels1987 · 30/04/2015 at 14:28

i already posted this on another answer, but i think this could be a good strategy

Controversial Move
    Shark Vs Shoal Manoeuvrings

Rich to Krak

???

cheers

WHEELS

Team Name : Pnorkle900
    Ranked: 9581

@t_woof · 30/04/2015 at 16:09

I think you could trade out Rich, and start Ellis-Yolmen.

Ellis-Yolmen has outscored Rich the past two rounds 183 (104 & 79) v 167 (93 & 74). Wouldn't be sacrificing points, and banking cash + opening DPP set. Looks a positive trade, Rich > Krak.

Pavos · 30/04/2015 at 14:32

Hold Bellchambers u brought him for a r2 or ruck cover, so that's why u hold him.

@t_woof · 30/04/2015 at 16:10

As always, ripper article JB!

John T · 30/04/2015 at 16:31

Lambert -> Tarrant
Lamb -> Tarrant
Lambert -> Krak
Lamb -> Krak
Or trade both out . Sitting on 28 trades?

Gordo · 30/04/2015 at 17:10

trade both out

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 30/04/2015 at 17:19

Silence the lamb(ert) s

Bobbaloski · 30/04/2015 at 21:14

how about this thought. trade out heeney,bring saad into the midfield.
use this trade to buy J kelly (adel), then with the idea of bringing in goldstein into the ruck.
i have maric and nic nat as my rucks.
keep nic nat on the bench as fodder for cash and upgrade a fwd/def the following week.
risky,but a bold move?

Mahtatsimus · 01/05/2015 at 10:52

This will be my 5th or 6th season so I wouldn't exactly call myself a pro but I've gone for a different strategy this year which is to hold a massive bank and let the young tackas generate cash so I can smash out huge upgrades in the second half of the season… this week traded Goodes for Higgins after considering Hodgey still left with circa 690K in the bank and sitting at 7% albeit with 26 trades left. Can someone tell me if I'm mad ?!

Baggy Pants · 01/05/2015 at 19:56

How long can we hang on to Mummy or most of the other premium rucks with their price and Goldstein's going in opposite directions.
If Goldstein is a must have to keep you in contention, what are the plans we should put in place to get him in.
Any feedback or ideas would be handy. As I'm not sure of the best way to get him into my side.