Jock Reynolds Supercoach GodSome serious kanga up for grabs in the $4.5K Moneyball Saturday Slam this weekend community.

The lads at Moneyball have set up a big arse Saturday contest this week – 500 Moneyballians will battle it out to claim the largest prize in Moneyball’s two month history.

Click here to enter and search for the “Saturday Slam” comp to put your hand up. It’s $10 on the table. The competition will be ferocious – and I for one have a few smokie point of differences in mind for my Saturday crew this week.

MB-Saturday-Slam-v3

Here’s what we have ready to go also in terms of Jock Reynolds Contests for the weekend;

• Jock Reynolds Full Monty. Whole round contest. $10 in – 50 spots available

• Jock’s Sunday Lazy Lobster. Sunday contest. A $20 lobster to enter – 50 spots available

CLICK HERE TO JOIN – SEARCH FOR JOCK REYNOLDS IN THE LOBBY TO ENTER

For those who haven’t yet had a crack:

• It doesn’t go all season long – contests can be based on one day (ie the Saturday games) or can last a whole round.
  • Contest sizes can range from 2 to contests with 1000’s having a crack at the one contest
  • How much you whack on the table varies from contest to contest. You can start one up with buy ins starting at $2
  • The points scoring system is unique to Moneyball – but looks as if it aligns closer with the AFL Fantasy scoring system.
  • Community – this is strictly for over 18’s – and importantly – if you want to have a crack at this only put down on that table the loose change that you can afford to lose. Have a bit of fun but don’t get carried away.
  • We are an affiliate with Moneyball for season 2015 – that means we get a kick back when you sign up with Moneyball via this site.
  • Click here for full details

Remember – go easy – never play for sheep stations – and interested in your thoughts on the format.

Categories: Moneyball

Karl · 28/04/2015 at 20:30

This is my team

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Lumumba, Newnes, Oxley, Saad ( mcintosh and hamling)

MID: Sloane, Kennedy, Selwood, Griffen, Swallow, Rich, Cripps,CEY ( Vanderberg, Heeney, Blakely)

RUCK: Nic nat, Ryder ( read)

FWD: Roughy, Bont, Franklin, Martin, Hogan, Clark ( lambert, Lonie)

I have 36K left in the bank and if there is any or trades I should make please let me know.

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 21:16

Hi Karl

If you want to use 2 trades here are my suggestions;

Trade 1-

OUT: Blakely (Rich if you need to build the warchest)
    IN: Krakouer

Trade 2-

OUT: Lambert
    IN: Robbie Tarrant

Cheers

Steve · 28/04/2015 at 21:00

Any1 got any tips? Do we go guns and rookies or midpricers? Love to hear people's thoughts

jockreynolds · 28/04/2015 at 21:02

I've been sticking with guns and rookies so far mate – still getting a feel for the game though. I'm considering a few PODs this weekend in the big Saturday Slam.

How have you gone about it so far mate?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 21:23

Whats POD's mean….I'm American still catching on to the lingo.

MoshedPotatoes · 29/04/2015 at 10:46

Piece of Dingo. its means going for a few young ones (babies) in your team.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 29/04/2015 at 11:06

Funny!

John T · 28/04/2015 at 21:32

Point of diffrence. A POD is a player owned by less than 5% of supercoach players

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 21:33

Awwww ok Thank you!

Steve · 29/04/2015 at 02:33

Went guns and rookies last week without much success. Thinking I might mix things up this week with a team full of midpricers

Tyler · 28/04/2015 at 21:23

G'day jock and anyone else out there I would just like to know your thoughts on a few things should I hold newness and wait a few weeks or get him out now . What do I do with Bellchambers ( he is my 2nd ruckman so not in forward line.) finally do you think it will be a big problem if I've used 2 trades every week ?

Cheers

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 21:41

No…..I personally dont think that its a problem that you have used 2 trades every week! Ive had to because of Ablett and Sidebottom! I think a lot of people have because of so many player going down or not scoring well as the should??? Just my opinion. but I think I have my team set for a few weeks now with no trades???? I',m waiting for Sidebottom to come back and upgrade back to him!

I have Newnes to and I'm holding on him hoping he picks it up…..I think you should give him a few more weeks ….he had tagging duties last week and then picked up his score after he didn't tag??? if not I will just keep him as Jock says a warm body and well a point scorer and trade him out in the next few weeks if he doesn't improve!

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 22:14

POD means Point Of Difference.

Looks lie AMERICAN PIE IS THE POD with his advice.

Talk to me if you need help with aussie lingo.

Welcome……..

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 29/04/2015 at 11:07

LOL whats that suppose to mean?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 29/04/2015 at 11:09

I'm just saying because I lost Gazza Sidebottom and Bartel…..so I had to trade….not claiming I'm an expert by anymeans if thats what you are implying?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 29/04/2015 at 11:10

Ok thanks for the help with the Aussie lingo!!!

Daniel · 28/04/2015 at 21:36

Hey Jock , any chance of some smaller leagues or head to head matchups being created, alot harder to win when theres 50+ people in a league.

jockreynolds · 29/04/2015 at 16:34

Shall do Daniel – stay tuned mate

Bullwinkle · 28/04/2015 at 21:39

Hey Daniel, you can create your own smaller leagues, or h2h – you can make them public, or private and invite your mates… There is also other ones in the lobby!

Gogzsta · 28/04/2015 at 23:33

First crack at moneyball for me…. should be interesting!

randomcliche · 29/04/2015 at 00:29

Just a heads up, that credit card transactions are treated as cash advances. Stay safe out there.

Bullwinkle · 05/05/2015 at 20:33

Yes randomcliche, happens on some credit cards.. Doesn't happen with debit cards thankfully!