Chicko - elite fantasy analyst

G’day community, another week, and another week of supercoach carnage! After last week’s check-in, I’m glad I stack fat with my two rucks in Goldy and Maric – both rewarding the faith – there may be a lesson in that!

This week my check-in will focus on the dilemma we face in our backlines. It is giving me an elephantitus sized headache and I do not believe I’m alone in the pain which down back is giving me…..…down back.

I’ve gone with the theory that the best players to have as defenders are rebounding half back players who spend time up on the wing or running through the midfield – a method that has been tried and tested from when BJ Goddard, Deledio, Malceski et al made this territory their own. Interestingly this year, the formula has yielded mixed results. I’ve run with Shaw, Hibberd and Newnes plus onfield rookies of Saad, Oxley and Kmac – all very similar players and all who are raising my ire as none of them feature in the top 10-15 defenders so far in 2015! I know coaches have also run with popular mid-priced picks such as Kolodjashnij and Goodes. Some of last week’s most popular trades included Luke Hodge and Adam Oxley. So I’m looking into where I / we may have got it wrong.

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

So who does feature in the top 10 defenders?

Interestingly, the big power back men are at the top of the charts. The Top 3 are LJ Hooker, Rance and T-Mac – all averaging midfield type numbers between 109-115 per game. Note, Gibson, McGovern and Hurley also feature inside the top 12 defenders. So what is driving the scoring of these big behemoths? Well, it looks like marks, specifically, intercept marks and plenty of them. With the buzzwords of zone defence, the press and third man up – it looks like the “team” defence has boosted the supercoach points of players who can read the play, zone of their man or get across to cut off a pass to key position forward and mark the ball inside the back 50.

Here is a quick table of these big men and their marking ability.

Player (Average ranking in brackets)

Marks (average per game)

Cale Hooker (1)

9.8

Alex Rance (2)

6.5

Tom McDonald (3)

Josh Gibson (6)

9.7

Jeremy McGovern (7)

Michael Hurley (11)

As you would have read in the magnificent Jock Reynolds magazine, it has been found that an aversion to key position players will be rewarded with more consistent scoring, in particular avoiding key position forwards until they experience the mid-season buffalo jump. However, down back it may be a different story. As long as your key position defender is an intercept marking defender, it means more disposals and greater supercoach scoring (vs. your “golden fist” style of defenders – ie. Nathan Brown of the Pies). My chief concern is that we only have 4 rounds of data to work from in 2015 and I’m not sure this trend can maintain its momentum. There is a saying in investment markets that “the trend is your friend”. I caution applying this theory to soon into the supercoach market. For example, in 2014, Cale Hooker started the year also on fire, only to fade badly as the year wore on. By year’s end, the trend was not your friend!

So what do are you going to do this week? What line needs the most attention?

We have a couple of players on the bubble, some of them down back. Will you downgrade a rookie to upgrade a defender? We must use our trades wisely at this time of year to ensure we have enough powder for the inevitable carnage. Chicko’s Chumps is likely to do one trade this week.

How about you? What are you going to do?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Hit me with your thoughts community and please tweet me @chicko_lcs with any questions or dilemmas of your own.

Cheers,

Chicko

Spifflicator · 27/04/2015 at 14:11

I am holding for now.

I cannot fargon why is everyone so keen to trade Newnes? His scoring is about on par with his price, and he is capably occupying a spot with mid pricer output of around 72, whilst even defensive premiums struggle to score any better i.e. Smith, Shaw and Hibberd. For the 20 point gain you can expect from the trade, your focus should be on your rookies being traded down and then up, where you will make far more money and gain far more points than worrying about Newnes. My advice is keep Newnes as a D5 or 6, until you are almost at full premium and then roll him over into a better premium if he is still just being average.

As an example of why trading him is a bad idea, a stack of people traded Newnes out last week to Brodie Smith, only to see Newnes slightly outscore Smith!

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 15:46

I have come to my senses splifflicator. I was thinking of moving Newnes on this week but have had a change of heart when I woke up this morning. LOL Despite having had greater expectations (And still do) about Newnes' output and scoring so far this season, I now also see that there are better and smarter options out there. Despite my backline not being great, I do have Mc Govern and Shaw as well which are both travelling OK. I have all the right rookies. (Oxley, Mc Intosh, Saad)

The only move I am considering is getting rid of Taylor Walker in my forward line to get in Tarrant. Already have Krakouer. This will generate me some serious cash for the warchest and allow me to trade up to fallen premiums not only in my backline but potentially other lines as well.

Cheers

Danny · 27/04/2015 at 19:09

Would you suggest to stay firm on Kolo too?

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 19:19

Hi Danny,

If you have Kolo, there is no real urgency to move him on, especially after he was pretty serviceable with 83 SC points this weekend. I would definately stay firm and not use up a valuable trade here. It is not like he has dropped a lot in price. He even went up a little this week and has a pretty friendly breakeven of 76.

Gold Coast plays Brisbane this week which could be a pretty friendly round for him scoringwise. The percentages tell me to hold and chase Robbie Tarrant this week!

Hope this helps

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 27/04/2015 at 23:12

I think the biggest problem isnt who to trade to but who to stick on the field. I too have thumper but after his pitiful performance the week before he sat on the pine while macintosh saad and oxley all hit the fail button. They all will make us more $ but their mere nature of being def rookies they are always a chance to spud it up and three on the field can really backfire. But until they reach their potential gonna ride the wave but think thumper has gained an on field guernsey this week.

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 23:35

I agree Scot,

Thumper is hanging in there and holding his own. Brisbane next week might be just the motivation to get him cranking. If I had him, I would hold him for now. I have Newnes and sticking with him this week after a having meltdown about his output this weekend.

Just gotta stick to structures for now.

Make sure you get Tarrant this week.

Cheers

Spifflicator · 28/04/2015 at 17:16

Probably but I have paid no attention to how he is playing or what his role is under Eade, despite actually going to the game on Saturday night. So I don't feel too comfortable offering advice on him.

They play Brisbane this week who are just as deplorable at the Suns, hopefully he can get off the leash and bang out an 80+. I would ask, Do you have other concerns apart from Kolo this week? If no, then possibly trade him. If yes attend to those first, i.e. Get Krak and Taz in.

Spifflicator · 28/04/2015 at 17:12

I have Goodes to get rid of, and to a lesser extent Ahemd Saad up forward who now won't make any cash until after the byes. They both need to go this week, that means I only get Krakouer and instead of taking Tarrant, I am going to turn Goodes into Hooker or BSmith, leaving me with $93k in the kitty.

So i'm turning over two rookies and bringing in a rookie and a Defensive premo, meaning Newnes is now D5 and a rookie D6. i feel this should add plenty of points (more than 50 in Hooker over a rookie) and still give me some extra cash making ability up forward.

Avzmo · 27/04/2015 at 17:10

Well said Spiff!!

I've looked at removing Newnes but there are simply more pressing issues in peoples (and my) team this year.

I'm currently sitting around 1,100 in the rankings and have only made three trades (Ablett, Lambert, Goodes). Even though my 6 defenders only averaged 65 this week just gone, I don't want to rush into changing them as you have mentioned above, only to have picked up another unpredictable defender.

I think a smart way to approach the defenders is to wait at least until the byes, the so called "underperformers" are still doing well enough to score consistently and hold their price.

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:02

There are plenty of premium defenders dropping in price (Smith, Simpson, Shaw) so, we can upgrade Newnes in a couple of weeks for a fallen premium.

chris · 27/04/2015 at 14:15

2 trades for me this week,
TBC down to tarrant
heeney to krakour

gives me 300K in the war chest to upgrade 2 rookies to fallen premiums next week 🙂

chris · 27/04/2015 at 14:24

or do you think instead of TBC, keep him for ruck security and trade out salem instead?

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 15:51

Hi Chris,

I agree with lekdog. TBC is not dropping in price, despite his scoring being modest. What if one of your key ruckman goes down? That would either cost you a donut or forced correctional trade.

He might do alright this week against the Saints. I still have him and want to see if he does a "Maric" this coming week.
      Maybe there is another really poor performer to target in your forward line to get Tarrant. I have Taylor Walker. NOT HAPPY with him. LOL

Cheers

LEKD0G · 27/04/2015 at 14:55

I think if you have Belch you should keep him

SCaddict · 27/04/2015 at 22:34

I can see both sides to the TBC debate. All our forward rookies are flying so it's hard to find a suitable candidate to switch out for Tarrant. Also fair to say he's been mildly disappointing as I think we all thought he would've generated more than the modest $17K he's earned us in the first month.

But yes TBC's ruck cover potential could prove handy at some point which is the only real reason you may continue to hold him.

FWIW I'll be keeping him myself for now but I doubt I'll still have him in another month from now.

Brook · 27/04/2015 at 15:06

I think keep TBC … He is a special case this year … ‘The swing man mid pricer who ends up as your f7 if all goes well kind of guy’. I don’t think he is one to cull … Still too early with possible exception of heeney

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:12

Would agree with Lek and Brook here Chris. Keep him as a F7 swinger if one of your ruck men take a rest or break down.

Northerner · 27/04/2015 at 21:39

All this talk of Heeney this week. If you ignore this week just gone what would you have expected him to appreciate to fully fattened? Guaranteed it would be higher than his current price. Much. Waste of a trade for mine. He just becomes a sower burn than the other guys, but he should still fattened pre his bye round.

Hold him.

SCaddict · 27/04/2015 at 22:38

True but Kraks and Tarrant are mightily attractive cash cows this week and Heeney may the best option to make that happen for certain coaches.

I'll be keeping Heeney for the very reasons you mention above and have other avenues to bring in Tarrant this week and already have Kraks in my forward line.

Mmmacca · 28/04/2015 at 11:25

I'm considering the move to TBC to my ruck bench cover. Trade out M Cox to bring in Tarrent or Krak. I see the potential to bring in fwd cash generating rookies that will potentially score higher than TBC and this adds another cash generating player into my side? It is a lot of money to sit on the bench but if I can see a fwd rookie generating 200k+ I see that as a viable option,

Bontemgasmic · 28/04/2015 at 20:22

been considering the same thing

not sure losing the fwd/ruck link (coupled with loophole options) is worth it – can see the need to swing belly back to forwards as coverage there also.

need to sleep on it.

Bog rat · 28/04/2015 at 23:32

I think it's a great move

MarcoPolo · 27/04/2015 at 14:15

Great article mate, I’ll be upgrading brown to Seedsman this week. That bloke is a gun. He would have been in my starting team had he not been injured.

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:13

Cheers MarcoPolo, Seedsman looked bloody good against the Bombers that is for sure. Brown will give you 50 every week, ok for bench cover – just ok. So worth the upgrade if you have the coin.

Ben Bretel · 27/04/2015 at 16:05

chasing points

Marco · 27/04/2015 at 18:18

I saw all I needed to see. Has loads of talent and will play the running role up the wing. Was just waiting for him to look fit.

Bailey · 27/04/2015 at 17:44

Averaged 45 odd before the weekend

Marco · 27/04/2015 at 18:21

I’ll be laughing all the way to the bank when everyone else misses the boat! Am a Collingwood supporter mind you, but I love the way he plays. Will score points if he stays on the park.

SD6 · 27/04/2015 at 18:56

You should take off your rose coloured glasses

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:03

He has lots of talent for sure but I would hold another week to see if he backs up his 137.

Marco_Polo94 · 28/04/2015 at 13:28

Yeh i've calmed down and am holding another week aha. very high on my radar tho, all his scores have been sub or injury affected. I don't expect 130s obviously, but an 80-90 average for a <$400k player = value.

SideBySidebottom · 28/04/2015 at 14:00

You've let them talk you out of it Marco. Trust your gut. When the arguments against come flying at you it tests your resolve. If you feel strongly go for it. None of us actually know, some are convinced they do though.

Marco_Polo94 · 28/04/2015 at 14:12

Oh he will be in my team, just next week. I don't really lose anything by not selecting him this week. I like it when people disagree with my opinion, creates PoDs.

Funky Kong · 27/04/2015 at 14:24

I wouldn't get to hyped by Cale Hooker I believe he may be a trap, The man scored well UP to round 8 AFTER THAT he only managed to hit 92 points ONCE!!!!!! and threw out common scores of 20,30,40 and 60!!!!!!!

Stay strong and back your the defenders you started with and wait a few more weeks to get a better grasp on whats happening down there.

If there's one thing you should strongly look at doing which is somewhat defender related is look to Robbie Tarrant, the man is a SuperCoach foward this year but is soley playing down back and is killing it playing a intercept type backman racking up points.

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:14

Couldn't agree more Funky Expect Tarrant to be the number one traded player this week.

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:04

He could increase in value by 200k in 2-3 weeks. Handy $$.

dean billman · 28/04/2015 at 04:30

Who do you rate down back as keepers so far this year Funky?

derek · 27/04/2015 at 14:25

I still think i'll be looking for Defenders who are getting a lot of Mid-field time.

I had my eye on Kelly (cats) last week, and very happy I held onto Thumper.

Cutler from bulldogs looked good this week, but I don't think he is a keeper.

Bontemgasmic · 27/04/2015 at 14:42

Cutler is a Lion

derek · 27/04/2015 at 17:20

yeah, he still looked good

Josh · 27/04/2015 at 14:44

Hey guys

Going pretty solid so far

Scored 2074 with sloane captain

Wondering who to trade

Most likely going to trade Nelson for krakour

Then either Salem/clark to tarrant

Or newnes to McDonald

Thanks for your help community

@Rem_Wah · 27/04/2015 at 21:48

Nelson to Krakouer… Other trades are too risky

Josh · 27/04/2015 at 21:55

So you wouldn’t suggest trading in tarrant?

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:05

Clark to Tarrant.

@THEManGetter · 28/04/2015 at 18:46

How many trades have you made so far? If 4 or less then get both in.

Bontemgasmic · 27/04/2015 at 14:46

Holding firm in defence

Holding firm on any underperforming premiums

Not upgrading any midpricer stepping stones yet

will be looking at bringing in one or two more cash cows (Tarrant, Krak) to replace any underperforming ones

cmcg1960 · 27/04/2015 at 14:46

my plan at the moment is to trade out goodes swing mcgovern back along with shaw,higgins ,henderson and newnes.
Trade out heeney swing lambert to mid and trade in both krak and tarrant and have 462k in the kitty ready to upgrade to a premo and/or bolster the war chest.
I considered trading out newnes and having $600k+ because so far he is averaging less than henderson,mcintosh,saad and is the same as oxley. What do you guys think?

chrissovan · 27/04/2015 at 14:49

Scott Thompson intercepts marks well. Maybe a Kade Simpson? Defenders will always be up and down.. I’m thinking a hibberd, Simpson or Thompson

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:15

Hey Chrissovan, agree, I have Hibbo but would look at Kade simpson at the right price – that is a fallen price.

Mr chan · 28/04/2015 at 09:14

Yeah kade at 474k looks appealing and can bust out huge scores. It’s an 85pt average.
      But who I’m looking for is a keeper.

Is Kade playing more half back or wing?

Swans2012 · 28/04/2015 at 12:17

Thinking hibberd may be turning the corner myself, newnes to hibberd, newnes not terrible but want to differentiate my team.

Patch · 27/04/2015 at 15:09

Nice Chicko. I'm moving Wines on this week to Mundy and sacrificing The Lamb to become Tarrant. Nearly 300k of warchest to use when appropriate.

I'm convinced these big guys will drop in price and in output, so will stick fat with KK and Newnes until we see improvement from Simpson, Hibberd and the like.

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:17

Cheers Patch, love the Wines to Mundy move and the Lamb to Tarrant move is a must. Bang Bang with a warchest to go bang bang bang when the time is right. I tips my hat to you good Sir.

Northerner · 27/04/2015 at 21:48

Check the port website injury update. Wines gets his cast off this week and they are saying 3-4 weeks. I held him as I decided to take Vandenberg through the loophole. Was contemplating Sloane, so dodged a bullet and saved a trade.

I am going to leave Wines on the pine one more week as I have better ways to bring in Tarrant and Krakouer. If things go well in his recovery he may be then only 2-3 weeks away and may save you 1-2 trades if you keep him unti he returns.

Good luck

General Soreness · 27/04/2015 at 15:15

Great write up Chicko. I hate the defensive line every year, this year is no different.

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:18

Cheers General, there are so many average players down back at the moment that there seems to be almost no reward or penalty unless you got lucky with one of the early leaders. Will be interesting to see how many of them finish in the top 10. That might be an idea for an article later this year!

throttlefinger · 27/04/2015 at 19:39

And I think "hate" is putting it nicely.

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:08

My defence is great so far (with the single exception of Jack "Pre-Season" Newnes). Jeremy McGovern has been one of my best pick-ups of the season to date. Such a handy player. Always high in %DE.

scrofl · 27/04/2015 at 15:18

I've got the coin to trade out Goodes for a premium, I'm tossing up between Harry Taylor and Hibberd. Thoughts?

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:22

I'd swing the way of Gibbered scrofl. But take that with a grain of salt as, 1. i have him, and 2. i'm a Bombers man

t-Mitch · 27/04/2015 at 15:19

Lambert to Tarrant
Kmac to Tmac

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 15:21

i'd say tick tick to those two T-mitch

Michael · 27/04/2015 at 18:14

Not completely sold on Tmac just yet, keep in mind Melb have an insane draw over next 6 weeks (Freo, Swans, Hawks, Dogs, Power, Magpies – all at home except Port, how did they manage that?).
    Plus Kmac still has a little more $$ to be made (BE 28).
    Save your trades, you're gonna need 'em this year!
    Tarrant a must so like your first one.

Northerner · 27/04/2015 at 21:52

I’ve been watching him from rd 1 as he looked like he had arrived that day and has not disappointed since. He’s the real deal IMO. As is McGovern by the way, but he doesn’t have as much support around him as T-Mac does who I think is a better option.

T-mitch · 28/04/2015 at 00:01

Used only 1 trade so far as I picked all the right rookies, (lambert aside) so I’m happy to use the 2 this week, kmacs price will rise but so will tmacs, so will use the same cash anyway. More than happy with this decision

Connor · 27/04/2015 at 15:32

What do you think about these trades?
J. Anderson > N. Krakouer
T. Lamb > R. Tarrant

Or I can do K. Lambert and I. Heeney instead? Thoughts…

Northerner · 27/04/2015 at 21:53

Keep Heeney. Like your first call

Darcy · 28/04/2015 at 16:14

lambert injured

Brillsy21 · 27/04/2015 at 15:52

Lambert or Heeney to Robbie Tarrant?
Will swing Krakouer to Mids if trading out heeney

Northerner · 27/04/2015 at 21:54

Keep Heeney – injury dependent.

I N Pieman · 27/04/2015 at 16:04

Love ya work chicko. I’m covering the defensive line
With toilet paper this week & concentrating elsewhere. 4 weeks is not enough evidence. So many KPP looking good smells like a trap to me. No need for Hookers. Tinder much better! They cost nothing

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 16:26

GOLD Pieman! Completely agree, it is the last line I intend to upgrade. Think it can wait – no real reward or punishment for waiting. I too will be concentrating elsewhere in the next few weeks. Love the tinder reference btw!

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:09

Only decent KPPs I would say are relevant this year would be Gibson, McGovern, Rance and Tom McDonald.

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 16:05

Walker has a breakeven of 147 this week. After his disgraceful 26SC points against the dogs, he is likely to drop significantly in value. He is just too inconsistent for me, and pehaps he is not enjoying the captaincy responsibility.

I am getting in Tarrant at the expense of Walker. It will generate me $275K on that trade alone, and then likely another $125K once both players are repriced. Thats $400K all up. Ca Ching!!! That cash will come in very handy for fallen premo upgrades etc.

Walker may come good, but the cash on offer here is has forced my hand. Tex is out and Tarrant is in.

Hope it helps

Rodger Brook · 27/04/2015 at 16:09

Im holding Heeney unless injury is 3+ weeks. Waiting for docs report

I N Pieman · 27/04/2015 at 16:12

He’s not injured mate. Subbed for “tactical reasons”. Which is another way of saying he was subbed for shitness. Rookies have up & down games. The 7 will eventually disappear & he will take off again

Brillsy21 · 27/04/2015 at 16:15

So hold Heeney, or trade for Tarrant via Krakouer swing to Mids?

uda · 27/04/2015 at 18:18

Hold heeney… can score more than his BE.

Brook · 27/04/2015 at 20:44

Of all the main rookies most people have he has the highest BE at 35 … Should make that but his BE will be higher again the next week due to the 7. Agree that heeney still has a bit to give but the krak express is coming thru and it only stops once.

For me it is heeney v lambert for Krakouer. Leaning toward keeping lambert. I like the emg loophole and he has a negative BE. i also think lambert will play later in the year, esp if tigers keep stinking it up. Still need to do some research on Richmond draw and injury list before I commit.

Brook · 27/04/2015 at 20:59

Technically it’s not an express if it stops but you know what I mean … It’s like the 5:48 to frankston that stops at Cheltenham. When it does, kick heeney (or lambert perhaps?) out and invite Krakouer in.

SideBySidebottom · 27/04/2015 at 22:18

If the train's heading to Frankston I'm tipping most coaches would opt to disembark and leave Heeney, Lambert, Krakouer and anyone else who wanted to stay on the train to their own devices.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 27/04/2015 at 23:30

Could always light a krakour, throw it in the cabin and see who it took out

Derek · 28/04/2015 at 19:57

He might this week, but the following week he wont

Linford Shulma · 27/04/2015 at 20:11

Trade for tarrant

Linford Shulma · 27/04/2015 at 20:11

Trade for Tarrant.

Beady Eye · 27/04/2015 at 20:19

Was at the game and Heeney came off hobbling… match report listed it as an ankle.

Agree that he'd been bloody average to that point, so could be six of one/half dozen of the other!

Jack · 27/04/2015 at 16:11

I still have Wines on the pine. Should I send him all the way down the Krak and also trade Tom Lamb to Tarrant? It’ll give me around 410k. Need the cash I think.. My war chest is more like a lunch box at the moment.

Currently looking like;

MID – Fyfe, Sloane, Pendlebury, Selwood, Griffen, Rich, CEY (VandenBerg, Wines, Heeney)

FWD – Gray, Martin, Swan, Hogan, Salem, Clark (Lonie, Lamb)

Disco Stew · 27/04/2015 at 16:18

Get rid of Clark or Salem for Tarrant?

derek · 27/04/2015 at 17:23

surely you have someone else you can trade (and stop calling me Shirley)

Girdle · 28/04/2015 at 03:14

I’d take Salem outt of those two. Don’t think he’s going to go far over $330k anyway. Tarrant will go past him in value in about three weeks. No great loss

Ethan · 27/04/2015 at 16:18

Krakour and Tarrant are a must in my side
but how should i trade them in?
lambert and lamb out?
or downgrade someone like a heeney and a lamb
or a clark and lamb for them

derek · 27/04/2015 at 17:24

Crouching One said not to have two lambs

dean billman · 28/04/2015 at 04:49

I'm gong Lambert and Lamb to Krak and Tarrant.

Crackin · 27/04/2015 at 16:31

J.Pittard early bolter or possible top 6 def?

Krak & Taz look like the wiser trades this week although means early culling trades are GOLD

Craig · 27/04/2015 at 18:22

Thinking of walker to torrent and newness to pittard. Leaving 300000 for upgrades next week. Already have krak

Crackin · 27/04/2015 at 21:23

Likely do the same next wk, wish I had pulled the trigger last wk made no trades giving newens another chance, pittard will have already appreciated close to $100k while While newens leaking $50k+ the opposite of buying low selling high

Craig · 28/04/2015 at 15:38

Now thinking Gibson not pittard.

Crackin · 28/04/2015 at 18:24

Hawks will have lake and Frawley out for a little while, MAY affect gibsons scoring in the short comings

Craig · 28/04/2015 at 19:30

Maybe McGovern

Crackin · 28/04/2015 at 21:16

McGovern looks solid plenty of ball in the back half

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:10

Early bolter. I'm quite surprised at his scores to date for this year.

Crackin · 28/04/2015 at 18:27

He is that running of half back type defender loves a run and bounce extra responsibility with the kick ins
      But still not proven, would have been a great day 1 selection

Paul · 27/04/2015 at 16:48

I want to get krakouer and tarrant into my side this week, however i sill have goodes in defence, as well as having to field all 3 of saad mcintosh and oxley. I think my first trade will be:

McGrath to Tarrant

Which trade is more important between getting goodes out for anyone (have 360k in warchest) or getting in krakouer and fielding all 3 defence rookies for another week?

Charlesy · 27/04/2015 at 17:41

Get Krakouer first Paul. He’s cheap and on the bubble so will make you some good cash. Next week you can upgrade Goodes. I’m in a similar boat mate. I have the rookies down back. It’s not ideal but there are not many premium defenders you urgently need. In fact it gives you another week to assess which defender to move to.

Crowls · 29/04/2015 at 07:47

get krak. more money and same points scored or more. as well as chance to look for another week

noob · 27/04/2015 at 16:52

Looking to do 2 trades this week boys.

Either

wines —> krak
lambert –> tarrant
leaves me with one premo down but a great war chest.

or

heeney/NVB –> krak
lambert –> tarrant

if i do the second option it will still leave me with 100k or so but leaves 550k (wines) stuck on the bench for another week.

Northerner · 27/04/2015 at 22:01

I’m in same boat. Going Lamb to Tarrant and NVB to Krak. Think Heeney has another $100k in him just take a few more weeks. I posted above re Wines. Want to see if the injury update reduces to 2-3 weeks and if so think I might keep him and save the trade. Good luck

Northerner · 27/04/2015 at 22:02

And think circa $300k for NVB is close to his fair value price, so happy to move him on.

Captain Pugwash · 27/04/2015 at 16:54

Lambert to Krak – Trade 1
Lamb to Tarrant – Teade 2

Pitty we don’t have 3 trades or Webber (WB) would be a lock for the year. The boy has a HB/BP spot for the rest of the year.

The # of left footers in the Dogs team is growing… Very Hawks-ish…

derek · 27/04/2015 at 17:21

hmmmmmm, he must have learnt something during his time at Hawks

Braveheart · 27/04/2015 at 17:02

Great article Chicko, I'm staying firm on my def structure for the time being!
Need some advice community.
Must bring in Taz and Krak like everyone else but who to trade out?
I'm thinking Lambert for Taz and either Wells or Heeny for Krak. Heeney out gives me around 350k but wells out gives me over 500k
Time to downgrade the midpricer flop or cash in on what Heeney has gained so far?

Chicko · 27/04/2015 at 17:30

Thanks Braveheart, I am always very wary of mid-pricers. I would punt Wells and possibly hang on to Heeney, or if you are in need of a loophole contender then you could trade out both Wells and Heeney and slot Lambert at M11 and your warchest would be massive – ready to upgrade a few players in the next few weeks.

cmcg1960 · 27/04/2015 at 17:05

or I could go :
lambert to krak
goodes to tarrant via def/fwd link
and hold heeney depends how long he's out.

Nash · 27/04/2015 at 17:06

Hold Newnes or trade? Who to?

Charlesy · 27/04/2015 at 17:44

Hold him Nash. He’s getting the ball just needs to use it better. May end up your D6. At the moment there are not many defenders screaming to be chosen. Your trades are gold

The Patty Catz · 27/04/2015 at 17:10

I still believe mid pricer defence strategy will be the eventual winner – Higgins, Lumumba, Newnes are fine picks, hold. If you picked the more than 1 premo defender youve lost money on other lines that are giving far more output.

My backline is Shaw, Newnes, Higgins, Lumumba, Oxley/Saad/McKintosh

Its not amazing, but noones defence is amazing, I reckon i could almost leave that until after the byes given noone is shooting the lights out at this point!

derek · 27/04/2015 at 17:27

I have KK and Ibbotson and almost traded them for Kelly (cats) and Smith (crows). pretty happy I know how to reverse trades.

Kev · 27/04/2015 at 17:17

Sunday evening rage trading out of the way, woke up, deep breath, reverse trades. The trades I normally allow myself to make sideways fix ups to my team have been spent on LTI's. Glimpsed the light at the tunnel after Saturday night only for it to all come crashing down Sunday night.

Nailed my starting rookies, feel it's too early to jump off now. There will be others.

Stevo · 27/04/2015 at 17:17

My current forward line is: Gray, Swan, Walker, Hogan, Salem, Clark, (Lonie, Lambert). I currently have 147k in the warchest. I want to go Lambert and Walker to Tarrant and Krakour, thus leaving me with 6 players under 300k, but freeing up plenty of cash. Is this too light or just right?

T-mitch · 28/04/2015 at 14:50

Did you start with walker?

Stevo · 28/04/2015 at 15:51

Yep.

Jeffrey · 27/04/2015 at 17:18

Krakour and Tarrant are a must in my side
but how should i trade them in?
Option 1:trade both lamber & lamb for them
Option 2 trade Clark or Salem or heeney for them
Option 3 trade one from each option

derek · 27/04/2015 at 17:25

option 1 by a fair margin

Spifflicator · 27/04/2015 at 17:49

+1,000,000

Charlesy · 27/04/2015 at 17:46

Option one by a mile mate. Both lambs have long term injuries

SideBySidebottom · 27/04/2015 at 22:36

Option one doesn't look to baaaad.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 27/04/2015 at 23:22

Silence the lambs!

Avzmo · 27/04/2015 at 17:19

What do people think of the job security of the big Krak with Wines and Impey to come back, or will Impey get the boot in favor of the Kraknado??

I'm tempted to get him and Tarrant in, but in reality my rookies are performing pretty well, I don't really have anyone I want to trade at the moment.

Barney · 27/04/2015 at 17:22

Hold Heeney. For me it’s nvb to krak and lamb to tarrant

I N Pieman · 27/04/2015 at 17:55

Agree Barney

chops · 27/04/2015 at 19:47

I'd love your opinion Pieman on the Tarrant trade. I'm a little concerned his role in the team might change once Hansen(played his 1st game Sat.), McDonald and Mcmillan come back. Hansen normally plays loose man, and the other 2 come off HB, which possibly leaves Tarrant taking Firrito's job on 2nd tall, thereby limiting his scoring potential. And that's not even bringing Wright or Grima(when fit) into the equation. Don't know whether to bring him in or not. His last 2 scores were very impressive BUT…..

I N Pieman · 27/04/2015 at 21:27

G’day chops. Will he score tonnes every week. Nup. But with back to back tonnes & a delicious BE he’s quick cash in every sense of the words. Turfing a non playing rook like lamb chop for heaps of fast cash is logical. Even turfing Clarke or Salem is justifiable. He’s quick cash that those that grab him get an advantage.

SideBySidebottom · 27/04/2015 at 22:41

After using four LTI trades and one rookie correctional trade (Goodes to Oxley) should I consider Cockatoo and Ahmed Saad to Krakouer and Robbie Injury or hold tight and conserve trades.

Tony · 28/04/2015 at 07:14

Spot on there Pieman

tom · 27/04/2015 at 17:28

who is the best possible defender to bring in?

already have shaw and simpson.

Im thinking Smith, Hodge, Gibson

Doc2Drej · 27/04/2015 at 19:40

Possibly Hodge, has a sky-high ceiling

Tyler · 27/04/2015 at 20:58

I would think he has a high chance of missing a few games

dognino · 27/04/2015 at 17:31

Last week was my first bad week in defence , total scores so far of
R1 517
R2 549
R3 507
R4 358
my top scoring defender was 72 . As much as I want to get rid of newnes, I don't know who to go to, so I'll just be holding until everything becomes a bit more clearer, and the rookies are fat.

Sc newby · 27/04/2015 at 17:43

I went into round 1 with
newnes Kk Haynes saad macintosh oxley goodes and brown
They are all still there and the only one I'm real dirty on is goodes, but while he isn't playing I'm happy to wait for a cow to get nice and plump so I can slaughter him nicely and upgrade goodes to someone worth upgrading to once the smoke has settled and it's clear to see! defence was always the big concern this yr and spending less was always my plan for it
Currently in the top 1% with a very risky backline and happy with how all is progressing

Ole United · 27/04/2015 at 17:47

Hey community,

little bit stuck on what trades i should do this week,

am thinking the trade ins of Tarrant and Krak,

do i trade out K Lambert and T Lamb, or should i be trading out NVB and T Lamb?

Cheers!

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 28/04/2015 at 13:38

It’s time to silence the lambs.

Ole United · 28/04/2015 at 17:51

Cheers!

lincoln · 27/04/2015 at 18:09

NVB or Heeney to Krak

And

One of Bellcho Clark or Salem to tarrant..

Cash up for goodes upgrade next week..

Thoughts??

@emhoy · 27/04/2015 at 18:29

NVB he has a break even the same as what he is averaging and Heeney just needs one good score to start making cash again.

lincoln · 27/04/2015 at 19:14

I got NVB 2 weeks ago but hes dropped off alot quicker then i thought..

SideBySidebottom · 27/04/2015 at 22:46

If you got Belch for ruck cover hold him.

Tyler · 27/04/2015 at 18:21

Rumors Gray won't play this week vs Adelaide with a calf injury. Source: AFL website

Not looking good

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 19:44

If so, no dramas. Gray will therefore be my forward emergency loophole, Heeney my midfield emergency loophole and Read my captain loophole.

Lets see what happens

throttlefinger · 27/04/2015 at 20:08

Exactly. Well said, TopHawk1.

Doc2Drej · 27/04/2015 at 18:23

D: Shaw, Higgins, Newnes, Saad, McIntosh, Oxley (Brown, Goodes)
M: Fyfe, Pendlebury, Selwood, Shiel, Neale, Griffen, Judd, Rich (CEY, Vandenberg, Heeney)
R: Goldy, Maric (O'Brien)
F: Swan, Martin, Salem, Hogan, Clark, Krak (Lambert, Lamb)
180k in the bank

Want Tarrant in this week and unfortunately I cant work a straight swap from Goodes to him in any way, so i'm probably gonna swap up Tom Lamb to him. Also want Patty Cripps, but I traded him out of my team before round 3 and I don't know whether or not it would be worth bringing him back in.

So:
Players I want out: Goodes, Newnes, Lamb, Lambert
Players I want in: Tarrant, Cripps

Will definitely go Lamb to Tarrant this round, and will probably stick fat with Goodes and Newnes, so that leaves getting in Cripps (for 80k more than what I traded him out for 2 weeks ago). I think I will probably go Heeney to Cripps, as Heeney's BE is 36 and he was the sub last round, which can't be a good thing.

Thoughts on these trades (especially the Cripps one), and whether or not I should do any other ones or if there are any glaring holes in my team.

Much appreciated

KJU FC · 27/04/2015 at 18:34

I wouldnt be wasting another trade getting Cripps.

I know he will still make you a lot of cash but if you trade him back in you will be losing essentially 3 trades on him.

not worth it.

Go right ahead with the Lamb to Tarrant trade though,
    Tarrant has a massive BE of -141 so lets hope he can stay on the park!

Doc2Drej · 27/04/2015 at 19:38

I see your point, but Cripps is averaging 100+ and has a BE of -85. Heeney was the sub last round, is averaging 66 and has a BE of 36. I don't see that much upside in Heeney, whereas I can see cash rolling in for a while still with Cripps. Also how will that be wasting 2 trades on him???

Doc2Drej · 27/04/2015 at 19:39

On the other hand, with all the injuries going on trades are like gold

Glorin · 27/04/2015 at 22:51

You will have to upgrade him again at some stage, unless you think he will be a keeper. You are also paying a lot more than you sold him for if you get him back.

Sometimes a boat sails and you miss it. Move on and jump on the next one.

Also with you midfield depth who are you going to move to the pine? If you must have Cripps I'd say one of Judd or Rich has to go instead of Heaney.

Spifflicator · 27/04/2015 at 19:53

You've traded Cripps already, no sense trading him back. If Kelly is named again for Adelaide then him for Goodes would be a better trade, but given your rookies I think you are better off holding that trade and then trading Goodes up to a premium in a fortnight.

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 19:58

Hi Doc,

I think Cripps has slipped away mate. SAVE THAT TRADE. Crippsy has risen $83K this week and as they say in sharetrading, "The cream is gone". Keep Heeney as a mid emergency/captains loophole for now. He could still be of some use to you whilst he is out out for 2-3 weeks. Heaps of cash upside here still once he returns.

Definately get rid of Lamb to go to Tarrant. Thats a no brainer.

Just my take,

Cheers mate

Doc2Drej · 28/04/2015 at 11:43

Thank you everyone, I think that the rising star nomination and the fact I’m a blues supporter has clouded my judgement. I have all the must have rookies apart from Cripps and there is no point wasting a trade on someone I have just traded out. I don’t th8nk there are any other rookies worth selecting that have a great money making potential, so it will probably be just the Tarrant trade for me this week. Just out of curiosity, how much do people reckon Cripps will actually increase in value this week?

SideBySidebottom · 28/04/2015 at 14:22

Should rise by $60k even if he spuds it.

Trab Pukcip · 28/04/2015 at 11:53

Why don't you get rid of Rich to Tarrant switching lambert to mid. WIll give you almost 300k to upgrade the backline and at least then you will only have 1 non playing reserve on 2 lines. Plus rich has just about peaked and Tarrant should give you at least the same if not better scoring. Just my opinon

Matt · 27/04/2015 at 18:29

Newnes > Kelly(ADE) frees up 300k for the warchest. IF the limb is bleeding too much chop it off.
Saad/Oxley/Mcintosh will play defensive roulette for the time being. I mean they can't score worse than Newnes has been

throttlefinger · 27/04/2015 at 19:41

"The Trend is NOT your friend." Wiser SC words have never been spoken, Chicko. Fantastic piece about easily the biggest thorn in our sides.

GB · 27/04/2015 at 19:42

Was heeney injured in the maych vs freo?

Tyler · 27/04/2015 at 21:04

no just was playing terrible

Jambo · 28/04/2015 at 01:00

He injured his ankle but the good news is his substitution was only precautionary. However, if he plays next week I think he is likely to get the green vest.

skate or die · 27/04/2015 at 19:55

keeping in mind i have all the right rookies, should i hold on heeney and k lambert or trade now for another playing rookie?

You BloodyRippa · 27/04/2015 at 19:59

Like everyone else…. I want Krak and Tarrant.
I'll bring one of them in for Lamb. To get the other one in should I…..
A. Trade out Saad (St Kilda) from my forward line. He isn't setting the world on fire. But to use Jock's terminology, he is a warm body.
B. Trade out Heeney. But I think he has more $$$ to make.
C. Swap Belch onto my ruck bench and leave him there. Then trade out my non playing ruck/fwd rookie (Read). And rely on injured players to loophole with (currently Gray)

Tyler · 27/04/2015 at 21:05

a

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 11:44

keep belch you cannot waste a 300k player to sit on your bench

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 28/04/2015 at 13:49

Not sure on that one. Got TBC for insurance. Can sit on the bench in fwd or ruck and only use if required. Go on go for option C put Em on the chopping block.

3. votes · 27/04/2015 at 20:02

I want to Get Krakour in this week, should I trade Heeny or Cockatoo for him?

Am also interested in getting in Tarrent, have Tom lamb as my current f8 but am looking to trade salem for tarrent as he has just about maximised his price and I get more money in the kitty by downgrading Salem. any help?

Disco Stew · 27/04/2015 at 20:07

Trade Cockatoo for Krakouer definitely

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 20:36

Definately. Does Polly want a Krakouer? LOL

SCaddict · 27/04/2015 at 23:05

Topshelf Tophawk!

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 23:19

Thanks SC. Had to take this opportunity to take this Krakouer. LOL

TOPHAWK1

Gordo D Magnificent · 27/04/2015 at 20:05

It it better to trade out tom lamb to robbie tarrant and lose cash, or trade out heeney and sub krakour to mids and trade tarrant in and make cash

You BloodyRippa · 27/04/2015 at 20:15

If it were me, I'd definitely trade Lamb and hold Heeney. Heeney should start making cash again and cover the temporary loss. We won't see Lamb again for quite a few weeks, if at
    all this year.

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 20:42

Trade Tarrant in for Lamb? How can you loose cash on this trade?

You lose 30K "on paper" on this trade today and then be AT LEAST 80K in front after Tarrant's price resets after round 5.

Cheers

Traderlyf · 27/04/2015 at 22:18

toughest decision of my supercoach year is deciding whether to trade heeney to krak….. hmm

paul a · 28/04/2015 at 23:29

thinking the same heeney good but doesnt get a lot of possesions ,points have come from goals cant see him doing this every week ,gut feeling!

Ted · 27/04/2015 at 22:20

G'day Community i was interested on how many trades everyone currently has, i've currently got 25 trades left after all the injury carnage

Traderlyf · 27/04/2015 at 22:26

26 for me

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 23:05

Hi Ted,

I have 25 now, after getting Tarrant in tonight.

Its a delicate thing between holding trades and pulling the trigger to move forward.

Cheers

Derek · 27/04/2015 at 23:11

I’ve used just 1 trade. Gaz to JPK.

2nd trade will be Lamb to Taz (already have Krak)

cow roll · 27/04/2015 at 23:18

25 🙁
    1 correctional
    4 injuries

I scored 2247 and my opponent got 2248.

SideBySidebottom · 27/04/2015 at 23:28

Four plus one also.

@randomcliche · 28/04/2015 at 01:10

6, 4 injury, 2 correctional (Oxley/Vandenberg in, miller/goodes out) (wells, bartel, wallis, lamb out)

Daniel · 28/04/2015 at 04:05

Two trades at the end of round 4: Gaz to Fyfe, and Goodes to McDonald.

Definitely trading this week – getting in Krak and maybe getting in Tarrant. Just not sure he'll make it through the next month and a half without getting injured.

Cyril is Delicious · 27/04/2015 at 22:38

How many trades do we have left at the moment? I currently have 25, and am thinking about trading this week? Just don’t want to go to hard to early. Cheers!

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 23:01

Hi cyril. That means you have 25 trades left…If you dont want to go hard and not trade, you will still have 25 trades left.

Juzzy · 27/04/2015 at 23:25

NVB to Krak is obvious is my midfield.
Want Tarrant but my only forward tradeables are Salem, Clarke, Lonie and TBC. TBC is off the table as he is there for a reason. The other 3 have insanely low breakevens so I decided not to waste a trade.
Then it dawned on me …
Swap TBC with my non-playing bench ruck (Read) and then Read for Tarrant. Keep your back up ruck and get the cash cow 🙂
Read is only there as a loophole and he plays early this round. Also Goodes, Heeney and (hopefully not) Gray can serve that purpose.

Addendum … this may be a bad decision if I run out of trades in 12 weeks . Thoughts ??

SideBySidebottom · 27/04/2015 at 23:27

Are you happy with that much cash sitting on the pine?

Juzzy · 27/04/2015 at 23:45

Not really.
      But he is probably not going to get a run in my forward line anyway with his current scores.
      I still think having a backup ruckman will come into play for many teams this year. Can't see any rookie rucks so TBC as bench ruck cover may be the best (albeit expensive) option.

Rocksta · 28/04/2015 at 00:12

TBC down to Tarrant, and use the cash to bring in Ryder into your forward line as a keeper in a couple of weeks when he drops a bit in price.
        He will also act as Ruck cover, but only if required, whereas having $300k on your bench is a waste.

SideBySidebottom · 28/04/2015 at 00:18

I'm liking that strategy if the cash is available for the upgrade,

Juzzy · 28/04/2015 at 00:23

Hey … Now that's got me thinking. Ta.

dognino · 28/04/2015 at 00:08

I like it mate, I don't have TBC myself, but if I did he would be on the pine anyways ,all of my Fwds bar Lonie are averaging more than him . Brings in a big cash cow , and you still have you ruck cover.

Juzzy · 28/04/2015 at 00:13

Thanks Guys,
      May be a moot point if Oxley and McIntosh get dropped though 🙂
      Knock on wood …

Traderlyf · 27/04/2015 at 23:32

id go salem to tarrant. Salem is a low scorer and playing freo will affect his score even more this week. Im in the same situation but luckily had Mcgrath to trade.

Juzzy · 27/04/2015 at 23:49

Salem has a breakeven of 17 this week.
    I know he hasn't been brilliant but he still has a lot of cash to make.

Traderlyf · 27/04/2015 at 23:53

oh he does too, i got told itd gone up to around 40, my bad

TOPHAWK1 · 27/04/2015 at 23:54

I like it. Salem fairly priced at 272 K with tough matches ahead. Remember the upcoming byes. Hogan, Vandenberg and Salem.

Salem to Tarrant. The higginator likes it. I almost went Taylor Walker to Tarrant.

Tex and Newnes both have "stays" this week.

Traderlyf · 27/04/2015 at 23:58

would you suggest Salem to Krak?
      Almost went Heeney to Krak but i really dont want to use that kind of trade

Juzzy · 28/04/2015 at 01:41

If Heeney gets a rest that sounds good, but he still has money to make.
        Difficult week with so many appreciating rookies and a couple of must-have trade ins.

joelslo · 27/04/2015 at 23:55

I have newnes and vanberlo but no cash to spend but I need to trade lambert for tarrant. scaranberg for newnes to bold? any better options?

Traderlyf · 27/04/2015 at 23:59

id keep newnes for now

Juzzy · 28/04/2015 at 00:05

Mav Weller will be back this week negating the failed "Newnes as a tagger" debacle.

Juzzy · 28/04/2015 at 00:01

I am a footy tragic and I love supercoach.
A question to anyone who is that way inclined …
How did Rivers score more than Selwood in the Geelong game?
Look at the stats. I don't think I understand the scoring system anymore.

Traderlyf · 28/04/2015 at 00:28

im pretty sure supercoach is based on how much impact the player has on the game so obviously rivers had a bigger impact than selwood when it comes to things like disposal efficiency and stuff but yeah im a little confused too

Juzzy · 28/04/2015 at 00:41

Yep.
      But I was at the game. Rivers had no impact, didn't kick a goal and was relatively unsighted. He had 1 disposal in the last quarter when the game was on the line.
      Selwood impacted the game more than anyone(except Goldstien).
      I won't post all the stats but they are worth checking out 'cos I can't get my head around it.
      P.S StKilda supporter and don't have Selwood in my team.

Traderlyf · 28/04/2015 at 00:46

maybe the point coordinators had rivers in their team this week haha

Juzzy · 28/04/2015 at 01:42

Maybe 🙂

Danyy · 28/04/2015 at 17:04

I don't agree with it but, Rivers had 11 touche's at 90% efficiency, 6 marks some of which were intercept marks, no clangers, no frees against.

Selwood had 29 touches but at only 55% efficiency, plus 7 clangers & 3 fees against, with his 10 clearances couple marks and couple frees for he should've at least hit 100pts Imo but I can see why he didn't.

Girdle · 28/04/2015 at 03:19

Just find it funny that Walker and Van Berlo were “must-haves” after Rd 1&2. Now everyone trying to get rid of them a.s.a.p. Take a deep breath, draw up a rough plan for next few weeks and stick with it.

ATeam12345 · 28/04/2015 at 07:50

TBC to Tarrant
Heeney to Krakouer.
makes $300,000
Look to get Ryder in the FWD line in a couple of weeks.
TBC career high of a 80 ave has gone to poo with the new ruck rules.
Also lets me get Rocky in a few.

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 11:40

give him one more week cause they play against st kilda. and will look to fight back against their anzac loss against collingwood

G · 28/04/2015 at 08:02

Folks need your advice

I want to downgrade Brett goodes, who should I pick which will give me good cash return and have job security too.

Look forward to your responses

Thanks folks

Sarah · 28/04/2015 at 10:42

That's the holy grail of supercoach rookies… good job security with cash generation!! I think Whitecross would be your best bet, he's more of a sideways trade from Goodes though. Can't see Kelly (crows) or Andrews (lions) staying in their sides long term. Kelly will be out once Cheney returns.

Avzmo · 28/04/2015 at 14:04

No point wasting a trade bringing in someone who will struggle to make $100k, don't waste your time, wait for a gun rookie defender to come in and take his spot.

Brent · 28/04/2015 at 08:55

Looking at holding one of P. Hanley or B. Crouch in my draft league until they are fit. I'm assuming they wont be good to go before the end of the bye rounds.
Which one should i choose?

Sarah · 28/04/2015 at 10:40

Crouch

Rick Grimes · 28/04/2015 at 09:03

Any love for Whitecross? I have a non-starting D8 and the cash to get him in. Will he ramp up the scoring or is 60 his lot?

I N Pieman · 28/04/2015 at 09:44

I'm waving him goodbye. Krak & Tarrant way better options.

Avzmo · 28/04/2015 at 10:35

No point wasting a trade bringing in someone who will struggle to make $100k, don't waste your time, wait for a gun defender to come in and take his spot.

I currently have Hamling as D8 and its quite useful using him as the loophole so I get a look at a rookies score before I have to choose if I want it or not.

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 09:48

There is no doubt Whitecross is capable of a lot better than scores of around 60. Is one worth keeping an eye on this week. He has played 2 matches and scored 42 SC points in game one and 61 SC points in game 2. This is a positive trend for him as he has come back from a long injury lay off. If he backs up with an 85+ this week he must be considered at around $220K. Would have gone up a bit but would still be good value to grab at that price. I would not pick him just yet, too early to call.

Nicholas · 28/04/2015 at 10:15

Heeney or lambert out?

The Ranger · 28/04/2015 at 10:22

Same dilemma for me, I'll be waiting to see if Heeney is named.

I N Pieman · 28/04/2015 at 10:31

I'd get rid of Lambert. Heeney will take off again eventually. Heeney more likely to play through the bye rounds.

The Ranger · 28/04/2015 at 10:37

Would you say Tarrant is a must Pieman?
        I'll prob go Lambert to Krak but if I want Tarrant as well then someone else has to go and all my rooks are doing ok.
        Is Tarrant worth an early cull?

Avzmo · 28/04/2015 at 10:36

I think Heeney plays this week, if not he only misses one, so get rid of Lambert because he won't make you anything for at least a few months, look to get Lambert back in possibly as a downgrade target later on.

eatemalive · 28/04/2015 at 11:03

I'm looking at going NVB to Krak and using Lambert as my donut if required , thoughts anyone ?

Trab Pukcip · 28/04/2015 at 11:46

The only problem with that is Tigers play first on Saturday so it essentially means you can only loophole/emergency him with players from carlton/geelong. I guess if you have cripps, it could be worth a shot.

The Ranger · 28/04/2015 at 11:57

I posted this earlier in a thread but I'd like to get the wider communitys opinion….
Is Tarrant worth culling a rookie for if all your rookies are getting game time and earning money?
Not all of mine are earning quickly (I'm looking at you Jack Lonie) so is it worth the trade to make some fast cash?
Tarrant stands to go up 100K this week….

Avzmo · 28/04/2015 at 14:08

Its hard to say….

I wouldn't be looking at burning a trade to get rid of Jack Lonie for the sake of Robbie Tarrant.

Tarrant will do well to average 70 for the rest of the season (I'm a Kangas supporter) and Lonie could do about the same, I think burning the trade for the chance of more cash is a waste of a trade.

If you don't have a clear cut rookie to trade out to get Tarrant in, its probably not worth the trade.

Locked and Loaded · 28/04/2015 at 14:27

Good point answers my question. Saad to Krak for me

Locked and Loaded · 28/04/2015 at 12:11

Is having 24 trades and 233k in the warchest a good position to be in at the end of this week. Currently have 26 trades and 15k??

Avzmo · 28/04/2015 at 14:06

Money in the Bank doesn't really give you an idea of how your tracking. I think upto the end of round 4 you can make 6 or so trades to try and correct your team and have them sitting about right. Then you probably want to hold steady until the bye rounds to give yourself the best shot.

Locked and Loaded · 28/04/2015 at 14:12

Thanks Avzmo a problem in the past for me is running out of trades too early. Tracking quite well at the moment and looking to get in both Krak and Tarrant but for me do you really need both trades are golden we all know that?

Dee · 28/04/2015 at 16:22

305K with 24 trades after this week…. Ranked 1,235 in the land! #proudhappy

Dee · 28/04/2015 at 16:22

1,239 Sorry….

GB · 28/04/2015 at 13:03

What are people's plans with Higgins, Newnes, Judd and Rich? Any of them worth shipping out yet?

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 14:38

no except rich, he forfilled the purpose of being a stepping stone and now has a high BE

carlashirley90 · 28/04/2015 at 14:42

Keep Higgins he is doing very well in a unpredictable back line this year
    If you have bigger problems than Judd then fix those 1st
    Rich is nearly ripe to cash in though one more week and can make abit more coin
    Newnes will improve, he holding price and can't do much worse, just one of these years where u have to hold ur backs and upgrade everything else 1st then back line last

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 13:05

I'm thinking of trading out McGrath but who is a better pick Krak or Tarrant?

Then I might trade Bennell for Sheil?

Thoughts?

eatemalive · 28/04/2015 at 13:10

If you can trade Krak into your Mid it gives you a Mid/Fwd option

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 13:19

Yeah I can move him in the mid I have Lambert there on the pines….but I have Gray to and he might not play again this week???? I cant trade out Gray but I'm willing to part with Bennell.

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 14:37

you shouldnt waste a trade on moving sideways from bennel to shiel.
        with swallow out for a while, bennel might see some more midfield time but isnt that hard at the contest.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 15:06

ok thanks….actually shiels would be an upgrade but Your right I forgot Swallow was hurt

Doc2Drej · 28/04/2015 at 15:37

Get both Krak and Tarrant in

@AusSports84 · 28/04/2015 at 13:11

No brainers this week at The Kings of Leon.
Ahmed Saad to Taz and Lang to Kraks
$400K in the kitty and an overall rank of 1638, lifes good.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 13:20

Yeah I guess…..who are you players?

Locked and Loaded · 28/04/2015 at 13:33

How many trades does that leave you with? Curious to get a gauge

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 14:43

out of the four which 2 will score the most
Bellchambers, Tarrant, Clark and Lonie

carlashirley90 · 28/04/2015 at 15:31

TBC against saints I actually think will score a good one here 75-80 points
    Tarrent if he trends again anywhere between 85-100 points i reckon
    Clarke could kick a bag against Nth Melbourne could…. Might score less than TBC this week
    Lonie no

In order I think Tarrent, TBC, Clarke and Lonie this week

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 19:52

i can loophole between tbc and mason cox.

Dee · 28/04/2015 at 15:05

TRADE 1: VAN BERLO OUT, KRAKOUER IN.

TRADE 2: LAMB OUT, TARRANT IN.

Doc2Drej · 28/04/2015 at 15:35

Do both

Charlesy · 28/04/2015 at 16:06

I’m doing both Dee. Great minds think alike!

Dee · 28/04/2015 at 16:20

Cheers Charlesy….

eatemalive · 28/04/2015 at 15:12

The Suns can't take a trick with Malceski & Swallow out for 2 weeks and 10 weeks

Crowls · 29/04/2015 at 08:05

chance for kk to get more on ball time. yippee

carlashirley90 · 28/04/2015 at 15:13

I already had Krakouer
I have finalised my trades this week. Salem out Tarrent in Heeney out……

Community who to bring into my backline

Hodge
Rance
Birchall
Simpson

Was thinking Simpson can only go up you think?

This leaves me with my back line looking like this

B.Smith, H.Shaw, Higgens, J.Kelly, K.Simpson, Oxley

@THEManGetter · 28/04/2015 at 18:34

That looks like too much cash in the backline at this stage. Who are you trading out to bring in Simpson?? I suggest you hold off on that trade and bring in hodge after his bye in rd 11

Dee · 29/04/2015 at 15:16

HOLD HEENEY!!

Dee · 28/04/2015 at 15:22

Heeney has to be a HOLD. Could play this week, if not then next week definitely…..

@THEManGetter · 28/04/2015 at 18:35

Agree but if you dont have Krak you may as well trade him out and make that cash

Mac · 28/04/2015 at 15:58

Thoughts on my team?
Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Kelly (Geel), Oxley, Saad, McIntosh, Goodes
Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, JPK, Parker, Cripps, CEY, Heeney, Vandenberg, Steele, Miller
Maric, Goldy, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lonie, Lambert

I want to bring in Krak and Tarrent and I was to get rid of Goodes. Not sure how to go about it.

Option 1: Out Lambert and Heeney and in Krak and Tarrent
Option 2: Out Goodes and Lambert and in Andrews/Kelly and Tarrnet
Option 3: Out Goodes and Lambert and in Andrews/Kelly and Krak

What option is the best or is there any other options you can think of?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 18:49

Probably 2 or 3? I wouldnt dump heeney

Hoof Hearted · 28/04/2015 at 16:47

Salem or Lonie as fwd E this week community?

chandanrajdb · 28/04/2015 at 16:49

Hello Community,

Is Goldstien going to drop in price anytime soon? or is it worth burning one trade to do a sideways trade to get him in?

Have got Maric and Nic Nat as my Rucks, thinking of doing sideways trade of Maric to Goldstein????

He is scoring massively and looks like a must have RUCK MEN for 2015 SC team…..

Thoughts would be much appreciated….

Yes i have got some other issues in my defense, but everyone has this issue, so I am not too concerned with the defense situation…..Defense will be the last line to be upgraded at this stage……

Have used 3 trades so far and will be using one this week to get Tarrant into my team by trading out Bellchambers, yeah people might argue there will be no ruck cover, I am not sure about this argument, yes i bought him as a ruck cover and at the same time was hoping a decent score from him, he is actually scoring poorly than the rookies. Thinking of bringing in a better ruck /fwd option in fwd like Paddy Ryder when he bottoms out instead of keeping Bellchambers….I am pretty sure there are so many teams without RUCK cover or Bellchambers and are doing well…..

My Forward currently looks like this…

R Gray, D Martin, D Swan, TBC, C Salem, J Hogan, M Clark, T Lamb

T Lamb to Tarrant not possible, because not enough money in the bank. Thinking of getting rid of him to F McInnes next week when he will be on bubble….

Thoughts would be much appreciated…..

Cheers,
Raj

Spifflicator · 28/04/2015 at 17:21

Maric is going along quite well, so I cant see that as a great trade. If you are desperate for Tarrant then perhaps sacrificing the last $50k of Salems price rise is an option, the $150-200K that Tarrant should rise in 4 short weeks should cover it.

James · 28/04/2015 at 17:00

Was wondering if i could get some thoughts n my team?
Def: Smith, Shaw, Newnes, Oxley, Mcintosh, Saad [Goodes, Goddard]
Mid: Fyfe, Selwood, Dangerfield, Griffen, Jack, Neale, CEY, Cripps [Vandenberg, Heeney, Boekhorst]
Ruc: Maric, Lycett [O'Brien]
Fwd: Swan, Martin, Bontempelli, Gray, Hogan, Clark [Krakouer, Lambert]

Struggling a bit for money only have $10,600 in the bank.

Have some options for trades this week, if you guys could tell me which you think is best, or suggest a better option which could maybe make me some money.

Out: Clark, Lycett,

In: Tarrant, Kelly

Thankyou, please help

Spifflicator · 28/04/2015 at 17:17

The last one, by alot.

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 18:11

Hi James,

Not a bad team mate. I see Goodes, Lambert and Lycett as your immediate problem children.

The key guy you must grab is Robbie Tarrant. This is the most urgent of the trades.

As Lambert is out for 2 months and Goodes is quickly becoming a liability, I think trading option 5 (last one) is the way to go this week. Lambert/Goodes out and Tarrant/Kelly in. Jake Kelly should have decent job security and should rise considerably in value.

You can keep Clark for a little while longer as he will continue to rise in price, and dumping Lycett for hopefully Goldstein (Form rucman) when you can afford him a little later.

Just my take.

Cheers

Danny · 28/04/2015 at 17:07

Newton to Krakouer?

Newton's a slow burn but he's making money.

Leon · 28/04/2015 at 17:11

I am struggling for money at the moment with only $10,000 in the bank.
Was thinking of doing this trade to make some money:
Out: M. Clark, K. Jack
In: R. Tarrant, T. Miller

Is this a good or bad idea?

Stevo · 28/04/2015 at 17:22

Jack to Miller is good, but don't trade Clark he's not a fat rookie pig yet still got some cash to make.

eatemalive · 28/04/2015 at 17:28

Agree about Clark and I wouldn't be trading out Jack unless he's injured , Swans have a good draw coming up . Dunno about bringing Miller also , Kraker would be better unless you already have him

Sean · 28/04/2015 at 17:37

I have a dilemma and am losing sleep over it. My current forward line is Swan, Martin, Bartel, J Riewoldt, Salem, Clark, Hogan and Lonie. I kept Bartel last week so I could get Hogan’s score. I intend to trade out NVB for Krakouer. With my other trade (have only used 2 after four rounds) do I trade Bartel for Tarrant or Buddy. For those wondering I started with J Riewoldt thinking that Richmond’s so called soft first 4 rounds would see them off to a flyer. Didn’t work but to be fair he’s been pretty good.

Stevo · 28/04/2015 at 17:38

Trade Heeney? Swans say he is alright for this week and with a be of 36 surely more cash will be made?

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 17:59

I would keep Heeney for the time being. Still plenty cash generation upside. (be 36) and even if he misses this week you can use him as an emergency loophole this round. Thats what I will be doing.

IMO he is still of very strategic importance in the game.

Cheers

Stevo · 28/04/2015 at 18:25

Yeh I agree cheers

Spifflicator · 28/04/2015 at 19:12

Agree, he will climb to $300k in a few weeks just by scoring mid 60's. Madness that he is the most traded out player so far this week at almost 6% of coaches!

RooBoy · 28/04/2015 at 23:13

Heeney not much good as a loophole this week with only Carlton, C'wood, Richmond and Geelong playing before him.
    Having said that I don't think he's finished mooing yet so gonna keep him too.

Tyler · 28/04/2015 at 17:59

have 700k in the bank, should I be upgrading players who I had planned as stepping stones to keepers?

SCaddict · 28/04/2015 at 18:31

Depends on which stepping stones you have but if they are no longer making cash then the answer is probably yes.

Notwithstanding the priorities for everyone this week is to make sure you have Kraks and Taz. if you are missing either or both then this should be your focus this round. Plenty of time for upgrades next week and the weeks thereafter.

If you don't bring these lads in this week there's a good chance you'll be ruing that missed opportunity in a fortnight from now.

ThatDamnRascal · 28/04/2015 at 18:55

Hello Community.
A few things I'd like to discuss
Firstly Newnes has already dropped 26k and on a 4 round sample size and an alarming tagging role on the weekend is set to keep bleeding cash. Jake Kelly from the Crows is on the bubble set to gain at least 40k by next week averaging 56 looks like a move I might back to build that warchest. I'm more than happy having two of Saad/Oxley/McIntosh on the field to complement the rest of my backline in Gibbo, Hibberd, Higgins, Hunt. I don't see Newnes as a top 6 defender and no one else is really screaming out to grab.

Now Higgo mentioned trading out Heeney this week to get Krakour and I see the logic in this. But once that 7 is out of his 3 rnd avg he is going to increase his cash generation once more. IF it's injury and I know coaches aren't great on giving out the info then trade him but if he's selected next week I would HOLD.
This now leads me to getting Tarrant in. He's going to increase by 90k just for walking out on the park and I believe is just as important as getting Krakour into your team. So I'm looking at than stepping stone type player ie Rich who is reaching that BE=AVG point and if you have a fwd/mid sitting in your fwd line, most of us do re Swan, Martin, Gray etc flipping them into your mid and therefore getting Tarrant in and maximum $$$.
Thoughts?

the sprinkler · 28/04/2015 at 20:22

not sure about J Kellys job security.

May Andrews from Brisbane will have a longer term role due to injuries. Lower avge but will play longer and til the bye rounds.

Cant say that about J Kelly I wouldn't think

Sparrow · 28/04/2015 at 19:01

current off field rookies
Macintosh hamling
Heeney miller Sinclair
McGrath Lonie

Should I be trying to get in krakour and Tarrant or hold. Already burnt 6 trades already…

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 19:02

Yeah!!!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 28/04/2015 at 19:03

McGrath for Tarrant and Sinclair for Krak

Riley · 28/04/2015 at 19:38

I have 2 trade options for this round. If you guys could help me out in telling me which one is a better choice or even give me a better suggestion that would be awesome.
Out: Lambert, Goodes
In: Tarrant, Kelly
Gives me 72,300 in the bank

Out: Clark, Jack
In: Tarrant, Miller
Gives me $396,000 in the bank

Help would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 19:57

if your brining in touk miller, then no. go with choice 1. its way too late to jump on miller and going to someone like krakour would be wiser.

Riley · 29/04/2015 at 08:14

i already have krakouer, is there a better option than Miller? because the 1st trade only leaves me $72,300 which I'm thinking won't be enough to upgrade rookies soon.

tom · 28/04/2015 at 19:41

what do we do this week if Heeney is named but is starting SUB?

already have Krakouer and with Heeneys BE of 34 he will most likely drop in price

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 19:56

not much you can do, but even if he's named sub scoring a 20 wont be the worst in the world as his price will only marginally fall and will still carry their breakeven. I dont think sydney will risk their prized possesion after he was subbed out last week

Mitch · 28/04/2015 at 19:48

With Lamb and Lambert as Forward bench players are Krak and Tarrant must-haves to get in tnis week or should I just get 1 of them with 28 trades left
Cheers

Mitch · 28/04/2015 at 19:51

Already have oxley, mcintosh, saad, n brown, heeney, vandenberg, cripps, yolmen, miller, hogan, salem, clark

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 19:55

if you only get one your still missing out on the other one's, both have such a low break even it would be wise to get rid of lamb and lambert out but its always nice to keep in a loophole option. thus downgrading like a heeney could be better than a lamb.

demon · 28/04/2015 at 19:49

Triple H
Out of Hooker, Hurley and Hibberd who do people think will average best over the remainder of the season?
I'm leaning towards hurley myself, due to hookers drop off last year and hibberd can be tagged out if oppositions place a defensive forward on him. Whereas Hurley seems to be able to score well regardless of opponent
thoughts?

Ethan · 28/04/2015 at 19:54

its just your opinion on how key defenders will play this year. is hooker and hurley able to pull out these big scores week in week out compared to a rebounding defender like hibberd.
    if your willing to take a risk ,definitely go hurley but the safe option is hibberd

Mitch · 28/04/2015 at 19:58

Is Joel Hamling gonna get a game?

Sparrow · 28/04/2015 at 20:30

I'm a bulldog supporter, he will play this year. Good form and Morris injury don't rely on him though just a security option

Rob · 28/04/2015 at 20:12

Hey community

As usual I want to get Tarrant in but not sure how.

This is my team

DEF: Shaw, Simpson, Lumumba, Newnes, Oxley, Saad ( mcintosh and hamling)

MID: Sloane, Kennedy, Selwood, Griffen, Swallow, Rich, Cripps,CEY ( Vanderberg, Heeney, Blakely)

RUCK: Nic nat, Ryder ( read)

FWD: Roughy, Bont, Franklin, Martin, Hogan, Clark ( lambert, Lonie)

I dont really want to get rid of lambert because he give me a chance to do a loophole in the FWD.

I have 35,900K left in the bank and if there is any or trades I should make please let me know.

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 20:20

Hi Rob,

I guess it is a matter of priority. Lambert is out for 8 weeks which means 8 weeks of loopholing in the FWD line.

OR trade Lambert out for Robbie Tarant………….

Barring injury, in 8 weeks Tarrant is likely to be worth between 300-400K and racked you up between 600-800 points.

8 weeks of loopholing Lambert might get you 500 additional points, and no extra cash?

I know what my priority would be. LAMBERT OUT and TARRANT IN
    Just my take

Cheers

Blueprime · 28/04/2015 at 22:08

Sell Blakely, Martin or Bont to mid, Buy Tarrant.

Crowls · 29/04/2015 at 08:20

d swallow injured dongrade to krak, swap lambert or lonie to tarrant

the sprinkler · 28/04/2015 at 20:12

oooooooooo…. NicNat looking like a straight swap for Mummy soon….. NicNat has NOOOO idea how to play the game and cant see him getting the flukey marks and goals he got when big Cox was in the team. Cant really see NicNat tonning up much whilst Mummys almost had 3 tons.

Also Heeney you gotsta go son. You out and Kraks in. No-one else to trade out other than you son. Sorry.

SJ looking tasty next week at about 450K

And I also remember my post and asking those trading NVB in for Cripps- "why would you do that? have you seen both of them play? and how can you even begin to think NVB is better than Cripps?" Thanks Crippsy 172 = 🙂

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 20:29

I am not a big fan of Nic Nat either. Great athlete with great strength, but lacks the footy smarts and the class required to score consistenly big in SC. Mummy and Goldstein are guys which can and do it often. Although I do find Mumford frustrating as he can go huge, but can also pump out turds. Goldy seems to be the inform ruck right now. I have had him since round 2 and has delivered me big points and some bonus cash! Who would have though that with the ruc rule changes.

I stuck with Crippsy and he saved my score last weekend after Sloane got knocked on the head and pumped a sickly 60 as my captain. Cripps is the man!

Cheers

paul a · 28/04/2015 at 23:40

all points exactly

Ben · 29/04/2015 at 12:18

Mummy only averaging 2 more points than Nic.

Ando · 28/04/2015 at 20:21

Does anyone think Jed Anderson can get his spot back any time soon? and even if he does will he score enough to make a bit of cash?

TOPHAWK1 · 28/04/2015 at 20:32

He could, but I would look out for evolving opportunities in the meantime. Dont get to hung up on Anderson.

Lazy_Simmo · 28/04/2015 at 22:04

Poppas seems to be cleared of hamstring scare he copped against Port. Jed would have been a good in for him (goal sneak, forward def, tackler). Can't see him being a big coin maker while the snot vest looms and the hawks continue to rotate and blood for experience. They love him at the hawks maybe as the season wears on he'll find a spot. Hope so as he was very exciting when he finished season playing finals in 2013..

Ando · 28/04/2015 at 23:33

Just wondering who to drop for Krak between Jed and Heeny, i reckon heeny has the higher ceiling for sure but the extra cash to make a serious upgrade is tempting, especially with all this talk of heeny being injured

Dee · 29/04/2015 at 15:13

NO. Unless injuries come, too hard to break into that Hawthorn's best 22 at the moment.

Ben · 29/04/2015 at 12:15

Im going with
Lambert > Tarrent
Masten > Krak

Leaves me with 450k to upgrade a rookie down back next week and Im going to hold onto Newnes.

Yep im an Eagles fan and was hoping for 90-95 ave from Masto. : |