Deploying-a-patch-management-processOh dear. Oh goodness gracious me. One a scale of 1 to 10 of how bad the carnage this week is, I think this has flown straight past 12 and is nudging ‘Throwing a Fridge at Your Computer’ territory.

Wines. Bartel. Lamb. McGrath. Deledio to miss. Again. Nick Riewoldt, Byrne, Cooney. Doubts on The Bont’s calf. We’ve got huge issues in the backline, with Brett Goodes and Thumper Kolladajazz-however you spell it- underperforming. I’m not in the mood for spelling. I’m not in the mood for much this week community. The ruckmen not named Todd Goldstein are shot to pieces. Griffin is underperforming and we’ve only got two trades to fix it all with and the last minute news on Robbie Gray has sent my teeth gnashing and THIS IS NOT A DRILL.

AAAARRGGHH.

But we must remain calm, community. This is a test. The Supercoach Gods seek to challenge us. Those who escaped the injury carnage this week have been spared. Save those trades. Those trades will be gold in a few months, as men and women will be falling over themselves, offering their own bloody children in their outstretched hands for that final trade that would bring Our Lord and Saviour back into their sides. They are testing our faith. We must remain strong.

THE NEWS

Oliver “The Quadzilla” Wines – dislocated wrist, out for 4-6. Hurts the Power, hurts us. More job security for Krakouer but he’s got to go. I’m holding for a week because I have more issues elsewhere and am confident Heeney can come onto the field, but he’s gotta go this week or next. Push up to a super premo if you can, down to a Neale, Judd or Swan if you are strapped for cash.

James Bartel – I thought if I was going to be cursing a Jimmy four rounds in it would be James Hird for some peptide related monstrosity. Not James Bartel, a stalwart of many a Supercoach side for years and years. Unfortunately he’s gone for two months having scored a 5 for us last week. Not much we can do. Trade him to a forward premium, any premium, as long as the premium isn’t Brett the “I’ll Be Back Next Week” Delidio.

Brett the “I’ll Be Back Next Week” Delidio – I hate when coaches lie to us. I know they never know the extent of the injury, they have more to worry about but don’t tease us. I don’t have ‘Lids’ but I’m still livid that he didn’t play last week. I have no confidence he’ll be back next week, or even the week after. The rumours in the footysphere are saying a fortnight. If I had the trades, I’d flick him ASAP, if not sooner. Will cause problems all year, but he’s below the long term injuries to McGrath, Lamb, Wines and Bartel in priorities to deal with this week.

Tom Lamb & Jayden McGrath – out for 8-12 weeks each. No good. Fortunately, the #KrakIsBack, now with 70% enhanced job security due to Wines missing. If you’ve got the trades, swap ‘em over.

Riewoldt – if you are one of the 5400 people with St Nick, hold. He’ll be back next week. If they were playing in Melbourne he’s have been a chance.

Chris Judd – hasn’t made the trip across to NZ due to back problems, but will only miss one. Unless you have sneaky plans to the contrary, hold him. Same as Saint Nick, would have played a home game.

Byrne – hold. Nowhere to go and he’s not urgent. Has done a hammy and will be back in 2-3.

Robbie Gray – just when you thought you couldn’t sink lower, the Supercoach god have kicked us again. Robbie Gray will not play the Hawks tomorrow night, leaving a massive void in or forward lines. Should only be a week, but we’ve all heard that before. Thankfully we’ve got bigger fish to fry so can’t contemplate doing any more than leaving him on the pine.

THE PATCH-UP

It’s back. I’m going to briefly have a look at the backline today, as it’s a hole many of us have fallen into. 20’000 of us have Kade Kolo… Kolojazzknee, Kolla… oh I’m not even going to bother in this mood – 20’000 of us have KK and another 42 thousand are stuck with Brett Goodes. Neither gambles have paid off. If you’ve got trades to spare and the cash to do it, go to Brodie Smith or Kade Simpson or Heath Shaw if you haven’t got him. They’ll drop heaps in price throughout the year but we’ll all need them eventually. If you’ve got no cash, we don’t have any option other than sit tight. They shouldn’t leak too much cash, so sit quiet and pray they make their breakevens.

Goodes is on an extended bench, but you don’t know if he’ll get it. You’d hope not, as with a full game he’d make you a 60 or 70, but by gum he’s irritating. KK is the same. I’m going to try and loop him on the bench with Hamling and McIntosh this week, but if you can’t, I’d actually start all three of Saad, Oxley and McIntosh ahead of both of them.

The rucks have nearly cost me my hair this week, but Chicko has covered that already so I direct you to his magnificent write-up instead of badgering you about it here.

That said, with all this carnage, not too many people can afford to fix holes this week.

If you’ve got more queries, tweet me @PatchToTheMax or chuck a comment down below where I’ll do what I can to help ‘Patch’ you up.

Hehe… never gets old.

TRADING PLACES

If you need a refresh, Eddie Murphy is on the way up, and Dan Akyroyd is on the way down. But if you needed that refresher, go watch this movie again. Classic. Remember that I’m ignoring those players who are injured or those who have played only one game.*
*unless they’re Tom Rockliff

200 – Liam Shiels
195 – Brett Deledio
193 – Nick Malcheski

Notable others:
Mumford at 170 and Luke Parker at 166

THE ROOKIE RUMBLE

Let’s get straight into this.

Defence

If you can loop McIntosh by having a non-playing rookie on the field, do so, but otherwise start him against a weak Melbourne side. I’ve got Oxley just ahead of Saad this week. Keep Kelly on the bench after his 53-point first game last week. Whitecross a sub risk.

Oxley
McIntosh
Saad
Kelly
Brown
Whitecross

Midfield

You’ve got to start Cam Ellis-Yolman, and vandenBerg should get a full game with the vest going to Michie. Heeney has proven himself but flying to Perth puts him behind. Cripps should have a good run against Carlton. Newton and Brayshaw – as mentioned – shouldn’t get the vest, while I still think Touk Miller needs to show us more to make up for the first two 30s he gave us, despite his promising 86.

Ellis-Yolman
Cripps
vandenBerg
Heeney
Newton
Brayshaw
#TheKrak
Miller

Rucks

Ha! *cries softly*

Forwards

They’ve been dropping like flies this week, so thank god we had heaps of them to start with! Hogan has done very well, and should do okay against the Tigers. Salem should avoid too much attention and is a good starting option. Young should get the power vest, so Krakouer is also a good starting option. While Lonie has been named on the ground, he hasn’t shown us massive scoring potential, so give him a miss if you can.

Hogan
Krakouer
Clark
Salem
Saad
Lonie

Lamb, Lambert and McGrath will need to be dealt with.

That’s it from me this week community. Cross your fingers and pray we don’t lose any more premos this weekend. Good luck.

General Soreness · 24/04/2015 at 13:00

Ripping work again Patch. A must read for those with time constraints but SC love.

Brett the “I’ll Be Back Next Week” Delidio – ABSOLUTE GOLD!

I N Pieman · 24/04/2015 at 13:10

Seeking an apology General?

Mathew · 24/04/2015 at 13:01

No love for Harris Andrews?

Brook · 24/04/2015 at 13:07

I would be keener on him if his name was Andrew Harris but worth a look for next week

Bullo · 24/04/2015 at 13:14

I think he's worth a punt as a trade in for Goodes (esp if Goodes picks up the vest again). The Lions need talls and Andrews is tall, mobile and a pretty decent kick. I will take the risk and bring him in if Goodes is named – I really don't want to be loosing 25k on Goodes.

Mathew · 24/04/2015 at 13:20

Good to see I am not alone on this call. I was tossing up between Andrews and Kelly but think Andrews has marginally better JS.

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:52

He completely slipped past my radar in my grief and rage this week, thanks for the head's up! I'd pop him just under Kelly if you've got him.

Tylo · 24/04/2015 at 14:37

WhiteX

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 16:23

Worth noting that his score last week was bolstered by playing backup ruck to Martin and getting a share of the hitouts.

Leuenberger is back this week, so it’s doubtful he’ll score as well with a reduced role.

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 17:40

Leunenberger isn't back this week and I'm thinking it's either him or Andrews to play each week but not both. Seems like they prefer Andrews purely because he's the more versatile forward allowing Martin to spend more time in the ruck.

I like Andrews JS better than Kelly but both are very risky to take after just 1 game.

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 17:52

Fair call. I still wouldn’t be keen with the giant Berger shadow looming over him.

Stevo · 24/04/2015 at 13:08

Thoughts on Andrews from Lions? 117k and got 62, his JS is a worry though but played as a back up ruck to Martin

Mathew · 24/04/2015 at 13:12

He is filling a role for the Lions as a key forward which they are deficient in. Also looking at the team sheet he is on the field while L'Berger is on the extended bench although I would take that with a grain of salt.

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 16:24

Rookie key forward not named Jesse Hogan?

Intriguing, but I think we know how this story ends.

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:52

Definitely give him one more week if you can.

harley · 24/04/2015 at 13:08

I reckon cripps wouldn’t have a good run against carlton,
But some say differently 😉 haha ^

I N Pieman · 24/04/2015 at 13:13

Nice on Patch. Although it's against my normal rules I think i'm going to pull the trigger a week early on Krak. Which means the gods will bust his hammy in the warm-up & leave me in the foetal position!

Nato · 24/04/2015 at 13:20

im toying with this as well Pieman. Im reluctant to pull the trigger this week, but i also dont know if i trust Hogan on the field against Rance (with Gray out). Im currently sitting with Lamb on the pine getting splinters in his arse

Thoughts?

I N Pieman · 24/04/2015 at 13:26

I'm thinking of a Lamb chop to the Krak a week early. It was next weeks trade if Krak was named for 3 in a row. Otherwise im going to have to have Lonie onfield for Gray. And that just makes me want to spew up. Im already stuck with Salem Clark & Hogan onfield. I also need to move Bartel on. Got Judd as well. Carnage.

Caz · 24/04/2015 at 13:34

Could you use lamb to emergency loophole lonie, and if lonie gets a decent score you save a trade if not you can still trade out lamb to krakour before lockout.

I N Pieman · 24/04/2015 at 13:37

I'm going to have Gray on the pine Caz. It's Lonie at f6 or trade Lamb chop for Krak. But what I can do is look at Lonies score first & decide whether or not to pull the trigger early.

Caz · 24/04/2015 at 14:00

robbie Tarrant worth a look instead of krak maybe?

SideBySidebottom · 24/04/2015 at 15:20

Robbie Tarrant's injury history is a major concern.

r2d2 · 24/04/2015 at 13:46

Thinking of doing that with lonie and put McGrath on field , if lonie spuds it , welcome krak

Nato · 24/04/2015 at 14:09

Good point lads. i can do the same with Hogan tonight. ill see how he goes and if he spuds it up i can bring in Krak
            Cheers

medaddson · 24/04/2015 at 17:11

A lamb chop for some port krakling. Interesting. Too bad you cant wash it with a nice wines.

dognino · 24/04/2015 at 17:37

Sounds like we have the exact same fwd line pieman. Gray, Bartel, swan, hogan, Salem, Clark, Lonie, lamb.

I'm trading Bartel to buddy this week, for now will put the E on Lonie, if he gets anything less than 50-60 I'll roll the dice and trade lamb to krak a week early and put Gray on the bench with krak on field

Bowski · 24/04/2015 at 19:41

Just wait! It's only Rd 4. Hold trades, wait and see what Krak does

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:53

I've done the same. No way to avoid it this week – we're too wracked by injuries elsewhere.

I N Pieman · 24/04/2015 at 14:02

I have a mate who has Gray Bartel Lids Lamb & McGrath up forward. Poor bugger is on suicide watch. Total wrath from the gods. Can't avoid a donut.

Nato · 24/04/2015 at 14:10

ouch. gotta feel for the bloke. he doesnt have Wines too by any chance?

I N Pieman · 24/04/2015 at 14:18

He doesn’t have wines. Funny thing is except for r3 all green lights across his team. No mid fwd link either

Blue Boys · 24/04/2015 at 13:25

Is Yolman emergency? Wont be sub will he?

I N Pieman · 24/04/2015 at 13:38

No way. He's playing. Later today he will have a green light on him.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 13:30

Good Work Patch!!! Enjoy reading your article's and wait patiently every week very helpful!!!

Thanks From The Yank

Bob The Dog · 24/04/2015 at 13:37

I know you’re not Dealing with rucks, I’m fortunate enough to only have Gray to worry about, and he will go to the pine for a week.

I am considering downgrading either Minson or Maric to Grundy. Better output for significantly less cash, will give me a basis to start upgrading rookies in a few weeks. Your thoughts on this move?

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:54

You'd have to ask Chicko on that one, but I was perilously close to downgrading Mummy to Grundy. Fraught with danger but it is a game of the bold! Look at the stats and back yourself.

@Seekersupacoach · 24/04/2015 at 14:47

Although I've got Wine Gray and Bartel. I'm only trading one if them: Bartel. I still think (hope) Wines will return after injury and pick up where he left off. I seriously don't want to trade him out to just trade him back in later. I am much more concerned about getting ride of Mumford for Grundy generating a war chest and fixing up other areas (KK, Goodes, Lamb, Newnes etc) later.

Bushy · 24/04/2015 at 19:31

witts will play next week if not the week after and Grundy wont get the time in the ruck he's getting now…. beware

Ethan · 24/04/2015 at 14:13

back minson he has scored well in the past
    you shouldn't really go from a premo–> midprice

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 14:54

Minson is oddly named on the extended bench with Cordy as the on field ruck.

shane · 24/04/2015 at 17:06

Bevo has a sense of humour

Bontemgasmic · 24/04/2015 at 19:47

Its a wicked one !

Big Will omitted

SBROWN · 24/04/2015 at 13:46

Lids to Roughead or the Bont???

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:56

Tough, tough call. Roughead should score more – I'm not sold on the Bont… Yet.

Harry · 24/04/2015 at 14:02

Neither of them go to buddy or Goddard. They are more reliable and less risky

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:18

What about Dusty?

SBROWN · 24/04/2015 at 13:47

Also, why is nobody throwing Cale Hooker's name around as a premo defender? Hasn't scored under 100 yet

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:54

He did this last year and sucked a lot in. averaged 80-odd after the byes, but he is looking bloody good.

Bye Week · 24/04/2015 at 14:11

He pulled that same act last year, started strong and then pulled a Houdini on us and disappeared.
    First 8 games he avg ~102, with only two round going under a ton with a 69 and 80. Then he went and avg'd a 65 from there on out, with only one score over 80. (if I've calc'd correctly)

So buyer beware

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 17:46

I like him, Hurley seems to be taken the better forward each week which might work in Hookers favour as that's usually been his role.

Ben · 24/04/2015 at 13:48

Sooooooooo …… I have 2 non-playing rookies on my forward bench, Robbie Gray (who is a late out), and $131,500 in the bank … do I pull the trigger now on Krak? Take the risk and avoid the donut?

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:56

Pull the trigger. Krakouer has decent job security, at least for the next month. I've brought him in this week.

Bye Week · 24/04/2015 at 14:14

I'd only grab him if someone else is a late out before the port game. Krak is just as likely to go bust. Also his score last rd only helps him with one price rise.
    SO if it was me I'd hold until next week unless I was forced to trade

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:23

I'm in the same boat. I've got Gray, Bartel, and two rookies not playing. I've got $130,000 in the war chest to spend. I'm toying with the idea of trading Bartel for Dusty Martin.

Then I can either trade Lamb for Krak

or

I can trade Wallis in the mid for Bonte and move then move Bonte into the forward line and Gray to the midfield.

Long term I think Bartel for Dusty and Lamb for Krak might be the go. Wallis is only meant to miss 1 or 2 weeks at most.

What do you guys think?

r2d2 · 24/04/2015 at 13:50

Anyone know anything about McInnes ??? Eagles ….

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 13:57

"developing key forward" eek. Give him a few games.

Ethan · 24/04/2015 at 14:13

will only be around for when mcgovern is out

bUCKET__ · 24/04/2015 at 16:19

Eagles fan here. Has been developing as KPF, but took on some ruck duties in the WAFL last year and isn't bad for a chopout. Trialed as KPD end of last year and again last week in WAFL, seemed to manage. Put on a bit of size this year, good athlete. Tackles well enough, and scored well enough in the NAB cup game vs Port as a fwd/ruck.

JS is the main issue here, so put on ya watchlist but hold out for a couple. If he performs well this week he might continue to play alongside McG in defense, allowing either to swing fwd as required. Simpson in the recent press conference hinted that this would be ideal, as it allows eagles to throw some better players such as Yeo and Hurn through the middle.

john · 24/04/2015 at 13:52

can someone explain to me how to loop mcintosh with a non playing player on the field

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 14:03

hey John. Let's say you have Hamling, who 'plays' in the last match of the round, as well as McIntosh and Kolodjashnij. Leave McIntosh on the bench and put the Emergency on him. If he scores 80 tonight then leave Hamling on the field. as Hamling won't play, it means at the end of the round, you will get McIntosh's 80. However, if he score 30, then you are able to sub Hamling off for Kolodjashnij & get Kolodjashnij's score. Does that make sense or am I being too convoluted?

SBROWN · 24/04/2015 at 14:17

Unless of course you mean you want to Captain Loophole McIntosh. In which case you would want McIntosh on the field with the V and a non-playing player on the field with the C. You then need to have a playing player (just ensure they are not playing in tonight's game or you can't swap back if needed) on your bench as emergency. If McIntosh goes big and scores 130+ keep things as they are. If not bring the playing bench player back on and move the C to someone else you think will go big.

SBROWN · 24/04/2015 at 14:18

Also the non playing with the C and playing bench player need to be playing in the same position for this to work

Ethan · 24/04/2015 at 14:14

set mcintosh as your E
    then if he scores well put the non playing player on the field for one of your defenders

Harry · 24/04/2015 at 13:59

Should I trade lambert to krakour even though he will start on the bench

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 14:04

If you have bench cover, hold off for a week.

Harry · 24/04/2015 at 14:09

Thanks Patch Clarks on bench so I will waite

derek · 24/04/2015 at 14:11

not if you are just going to put him on your bench. do it next week.

Ethan · 24/04/2015 at 14:14

give it one more week if your not planning to use krakour

Harry · 24/04/2015 at 14:07

Could someone please explain to me what happens in the bye rounds and why it's so bad to have a round 11 bye

Frank · 24/04/2015 at 15:15

Harry it's not bad to have a round 11 bye, but you only want 9 players or so with it. During bye rounds your top 18 SC scores count, but you can still field 22 if you have enough players. After round 11 you want to try to trade out a few players with round 12 byes for players who have just had their bye in round 11, eg Heeney out, Rockliff in. Same after round 12 you trade out a few with round 13 bye with players who had their bye in round 11 or 12 eg Vanderburg out Ablett in. Having too many players with a round 11 bye entering the bye weeks just affects your ability to get through byes without dropping too much ground on those who did it well. I'm trying to have a 9-10-11 structure at round 11- meaning 9 with round 11 bye, 10 with round 12, and 11 with round 13 bye. Aggressive players may opt for an 8-10-12 set up but it depends on whether you have all 30 players getting a game amongst other factors.

Harry · 24/04/2015 at 18:32

Thanks frank

jewels · 24/04/2015 at 14:12

flesh for fantasy?

derek · 24/04/2015 at 14:14

Looks like Anderson has had his chance at the Hawks. I was surprised that he got a game ahead of hartung. Anderson didn't do enough so I think we might have seen the last of him for a while. Whitecross is also back. Hawks have Shiel to come back in as well. Simpson, O'Rourke and probably even Litherland would be ahead of Anderson now. Time to move him on.

Ethan · 24/04/2015 at 14:15

he didnt have the best job security anyway

Bye Week · 24/04/2015 at 14:21

Shouldn't be surprised, Hawks have a fair bit of depth. BUT was really hoping for one more game where he'd get a decent run, the kid looks to have some talent.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 14:20

I have Hunt, Murphy, Saad, McIntosh, Oxley, and Newnes In my backline and my Emergency's are R. Henderson and J. Tippett (NM)
Should I loophole Tippet for McIntosh ?

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:21

If you can, go for it!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 17:38

I can! I will! Thanks!

derek · 24/04/2015 at 14:24

Thinking of getting rid of Thumper (KK) to a premium. Have $154k in bank.

Will get Smith later once his price has fallen a bit (I hope), so looking at either Brichell (on the bubble) and Kelly who has already had a $10k price drop, has an ok BE but should get more time in the guts with Bartel missing.

Most other premiums are overpriced.

Current Defence is: Shaw, Simpson, Newnes, KK, Ibottson, Oxley, McIntosh, Saad.

no major problems anywhere else, only used one trade this year to get JPK in for Gaz, so thought I would strengthen my defence.

Kelly or Birchell?

BCHawks · 24/04/2015 at 14:51

Hey Derek if I was you I would go Birchell. Solid option based on his form over the past few years and looked good last weekend.

Bye Week · 24/04/2015 at 15:00

was there any hawk that didnt look good last week?
      Birch is a solid pick though. A pricier alternative may be Houli. Plays a lot like Kade Simpson so should expect some consistent +90 scores

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:35

I'd go for Kelly as Birchell can score big or go missing. Kelly is very consistent

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:22

I've got Kelly and heartily endorse selecting him. Extremely solid pick and should pump out 90s every week. I haven't looked much at Birch, but it's Kelly for mine.

john · 24/04/2015 at 14:27

trade goodes or hold?

Ethan · 24/04/2015 at 14:31

ideally u need cash to trade him
    jake kelly and haris andrews are good replacements

john · 24/04/2015 at 14:33

dont have oxley should i trade him in for goodes?

Nato · 24/04/2015 at 14:42

Yeah good trade. Do it

SideBySidebottom · 24/04/2015 at 15:34

hangzhoudogs · 24/04/2015 at 17:04

trade…he is cooked

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:22

Just been dropped by the Doggies and should be by you.

jake · 24/04/2015 at 14:28

need peoples thoughts?
need a forward and backline premo this week who is the best pick?

Backs:

Ethan · 24/04/2015 at 14:30

smith/hodge
    and franklin

jake · 24/04/2015 at 17:08

great call

Bye Week · 24/04/2015 at 14:47

Gibson will be good again once Frawley returns – until then avoid.
    Hooker – avoid
    Birch id prov avoid too – but could be a unique pick

the remaining four I like

fwd – gray would be my top pick from that list but hes been pulled from the side this week.
    I do like bonts (had him from get go) but expectations should be lowered – first two games were against avg teams and he'll now attract hard tags. High Ceiling but could be risky
    Roughy and buddy will both be hit and miss as a key fwd. But when they score well they score REAL WELL. Buddy over roughy though
    I wouldnt touch smith
    Zorko could be interesting with less attention on him with the likes of rich rockliff and beams playing alongside him.

If you dont have a key fwd already I would go Buddy and Houli/Smith

jake · 24/04/2015 at 15:19

thanks heaps for the input mate love it ! at the moment im probs sitting on buddy and smith just as you confirmed with the hope of gray dropping in price and smith to just set and forget

Dutch Oven · 24/04/2015 at 14:34

Any Mumford holders doing a straight swap to Goldstein this week?

eatemalive · 24/04/2015 at 14:50

Really wanted to do it but we've only got 2 trades,decided to go another way with all the injuries. Whilst Mummy has a big BE he should go big against the Suns.

Tulendeena · 24/04/2015 at 17:14

I am, but I have miraculously missed the injury train, so I can afford to do it

dognino · 24/04/2015 at 17:18

Tempted, fate has left me with more pressing matters, so I don't have the luxury.

cow roll · 24/04/2015 at 17:52

do it if you can. he's going to be a $500k only. his influence has decreased as he's surrounded by future stars.

Browny · 24/04/2015 at 14:42

Should I trade Bartel to Buddy or Goddard? Leaning towards Goddard because mids are a more consistent. Thoughts?

Bye Week · 24/04/2015 at 14:51

Buddy can go bonkers with +150 scores which can be the difference between a win and a loss or top 1%. Goddard prob will be more consistent though its been looking like hes been playing up fwd a lot more compared to last year. SO buddy for me

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 16:32

Buddy’s got McPharlin and the Freo plus-1 this week… he’s capable of torching anyone on his day, but might be worth holding off another week on Bud.

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:24

Tough. Head says Goddard but heart says Buddy.

Flipped a coin. Buddy.

Matt · 24/04/2015 at 14:59

Need to trade Bartel then there is Lamb and Lambert on my fwd bench. With Gray now a late out I need to switch one of Lamb or Lambert. Thoughts are:
Bartel > BJ, Swan or Buddy. All I believe will be in the top 10 forward players.
Think Lambert has a better chance to come back in once he's up and running. That being said Lamb > Krakour seems obvious.
Would love the input of the community

David · 24/04/2015 at 15:17

one question answers Bartel for 1 Franklin 2 Roughead 3Goddard4 other? Go nuts community!!

Flanno24 · 24/04/2015 at 15:27

Franklin for me

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 16:34

I’ve gone Bartel to Goddard. Was a toss up but Jock’s logic on the pod swung the vote.

Johnno · 24/04/2015 at 15:39

Hi Community. Worth trading Miller or Lambert to Vandenberg at this stage?

hangzhoudogs · 24/04/2015 at 17:05

no that ship has already sailed and Miller was better last week

joel · 24/04/2015 at 17:51

Lambert yes… Miller will still make you money

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 17:56

Potentially more midfield time for Miller (his natural position) with Ablett out. A small forward he is not.

Mac · 24/04/2015 at 15:49

Goodes to Hugh Goddard and Kolo to Brodie Smith Yes or No?

Also what to do with Robbie Gray? Bench him?

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:32

Yes bench Gray no need to trade him

Goodes to Smith if you have to trade

chris · 24/04/2015 at 16:03

what to do running 3 ruck scores every week..
initially i liked the idea of having mumford and nic nat in ruck, then running TBC in the fwd line as it would help around byes, however with mumford underperforming should i swap TBC into ruck and then buy a premo from another line, feel as if it is wasted with 3 rucks this year

blake · 24/04/2015 at 16:05

hi community i have bartel and need to trade him do i
1-trade him to franklin or roughead

2-using mid/fwd switch on lambert to get dion prestia or callan ward or any other player under 590k

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:27

Depends. If you've got strong forward line, flick him into the middle for Prestia, Watson or Ward. If not, keep him for Buddy. I'd pick Buddy over Roughie every day of the week in SC.

Conor · 24/04/2015 at 16:08

Robbie Gray Injured? thats what supercoach gold is saying

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 16:16

yep….he's out

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:25

We need a sacrifice and fast. Jock Where's Higgo?

Conor · 24/04/2015 at 16:16

When will Gray be back? anyone know?

Jai · 24/04/2015 at 17:39

That's what I want to know mate. I want Gray to franklin

Riley · 24/04/2015 at 16:17

Mummy to Goldy?

Mummy cant perform with these stinking new ruck system 🙁

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 17:02

Wait until you have an injury unless you have ruck back up. By trading without an injury you're wasting a trade in my opinion

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:28

If you've got no other concerns, yes.

Jono · 24/04/2015 at 16:17

Community need some cooling heads before I make this trade!

Thinking of moving Parker to Swan purely to pocket some cash, avoid the bleeding with B/Es, Swan has good form and run of games, then next week being in Krak, flick swan forward and inject some more premos to midfield….thoughts on this or any other moves???

Cheers

Stickman · 24/04/2015 at 16:25

I think it is valid. Parker needs to be corrected and Swan will go gangbusters on ANZAC Day.

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 16:35

Back your premiums (like Parker) or you’re just locking in the price drop.

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 16:53

Listen to Beady Eye. Hold your premiums, Parker will bounce back.

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:24

I've got Gray, Bartel, McGrath and Lamb. I've got $130,000 in the war chest to spend. I'm toying with the idea of trading Bartel for Dusty Martin.

Then I can either trade Lamb for Krak

or

What do you guys think?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 16:46

Definitely Dusty!! I'd trade McGrath for Kak get more cash in war chest

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:54

Thanks Americanmagpie that just might be the go

Stickman · 24/04/2015 at 16:28

Need to get Deledio and was going to bring in Gray. Now he is an out wondering on who to go to. Already started with the Bont, Goddard and Swan.
Cheers.

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:45

Dusty I think or Buddy

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 16:47

If you want Gray hold. Don't trade in someone you don't want just for the sake of it.

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:29

Sage advice, Northern.

Leon · 24/04/2015 at 16:29

Who is best to have on field, Cripps, Heeney or Vandenberg?

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 16:46

Cripps.

jake · 24/04/2015 at 17:11

cripps

Dean · 24/04/2015 at 17:39

Heeney with out a doubt

Jai · 24/04/2015 at 17:42

Heeney for sure.

cow roll · 24/04/2015 at 18:22

Cripps. – he's playing centre.
    can't see Heeney doing well against Freo's mids/def.

Tom · 24/04/2015 at 16:37

Selwood v Pendlebury

Redgumwon · 24/04/2015 at 16:45

Selwood

NateCrows · 24/04/2015 at 17:46

pendles

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 16:39

Minson listed as full forward for Footscray on Sunday. Wait for confirmation but may well be dropped.

Jai · 24/04/2015 at 17:42

Minson is out

NateCrows · 24/04/2015 at 17:46

yep hes out

3. votes · 24/04/2015 at 16:43

Should I trade or hold on Ryan Griffen?

Same goes for Jack newnes trade or hold?

jake · 24/04/2015 at 17:14

hold, probably bigger priorities for trades at the moment.
    Griff will be up and down so dont be surprised if he bangs out 140 against goldcoast this week
    newnes is scoring 70's due to very poor disposal efficiency, grated he will go down in price but if he can increase the DE by 10-15% he will score 90+

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:30

Hold both.

Beady Eye · 24/04/2015 at 18:02

Read Mad Mick’s article from the other week to get a better understanding of what you’re getting with Griffen.

The highs and lows are nothing new.

Locked and Loaded · 24/04/2015 at 16:48

Community I’m excited for another weekend of SC!! I’ve decided to hold Mummy and keep the faith if it costs me I can live with that I still believe in needing the best rucks!
On another note who to start between Mcintosh AND Oxley??

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 16:51

Oxley

Sully321 · 24/04/2015 at 16:49

Got lamb, wines, lambert, gray, and jed Anderson
On top of that I got Jacobs.
I'm thinking because three of the five of the players mentioned above I go lambert/lamb/Anderson to krakour
And Jacobs to Goldstein this week (as I can afford to have wines on my bench)
I'm leaning towards trading out lambert despite the fact he is expected to be back earlier than lamb but if I keep lamb I can use him as a loophole option.
Your thoughts would appreciated
Thanks in advance

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:31

Didn't Jacobs whack out 141 last week? Hold him. Deal with the injuries first.

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 18:05

Hold Jacobs could break hit our records against Ayce Cordy this weekend.

David · 24/04/2015 at 16:54

Community, is it too late to trade in Vandenberg? Thinking of trading out Lambert or Miller to Vandenberg, or has the horse bolted now on such a trade?
Thoughts?

Sully321 · 24/04/2015 at 17:09

I think it depends on how much money you have and how many trades you have used

jake · 24/04/2015 at 17:10

yeah probably not worth it now hold this week and wait to trade in krakour or tarrent

hangzhoudogs · 24/04/2015 at 17:14

Horse has bolted

Tyler · 24/04/2015 at 17:18

I reckon keep Miller, he will still go up in value but I think Lambert out for vandenberg wouldn't be that bad of a move, but if he is there for a mid-fwd swing don't waste the trade

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 18:02

Don't trade Miller out!!! He played as a small forward the first 2 weeks, then Gaz was out injured and a small forward Matera came in. I didn't watch the game but I imagine with a few midfielders out and Matera in, Miller might get a bit more of a run through the guts hence his bigger score. Keep.

Better off trading in Krakouer now than Vanderburg anyway, even better if you wait a week to do so. Vanderburg isn't a must have.

hangzhoudogs · 24/04/2015 at 16:56

Looking at either Hunt or Pittard for Goodes, people's thoughts? Have severe doubts about both

Tyler · 24/04/2015 at 17:23

Not worth it wait till you have the cash then upgrade him to a premo

Locked and Loaded · 24/04/2015 at 18:28

Taylor Hunt the cash spent vs 1 trade will make you more money after Taylor hunt appreciates in value and a defensive rookie is on the bubble

dognino · 24/04/2015 at 16:58

Have Bartel and Gray with a fwd bench of Lonie and lamb, . Turning Bartel into buddy, putting the E on Lonie . If Lonie spuds it up, trading lamb to krak 1 week early and put Gray on the bench, krak on field

Tom · 24/04/2015 at 17:03

thoughts on dion prestia?

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:32

Getting some attention and deservedly so. Prefer Watson, but only just.

B-T · 24/04/2015 at 17:08

Minson out!! Bulldogs twitter…

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 17:21

Sauce should have a day out against Cordy.

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 17:09

Confirmed Goodes and Minson omitted and listed as emergencies.

Brook · 24/04/2015 at 17:14

I want to use Goodes to loophole mcintosh tonite but worried he may be a late in and named sub … He’s like the terminator, you just can’t get rid of him! Am I paranoid or is this a legitimate concern?

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 17:20

I guess Bont is always a risk of late withdrawal with that calf so could be a worry that Goodes would be called up.

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 18:04

Very legit concern buddy. I'd just start McIntosh personally

Johnno · 24/04/2015 at 17:14

Bartel for Buddy or Martin?

jake · 24/04/2015 at 17:17

martin for consistent high scores
    buddy for huge score and the odd 50-60 stinker now and then when its wet and gets plenty of attention

Sam Loy · 24/04/2015 at 17:15

Just a thought on Brayshaw:
He has the highest points per minute (ppm) of any rookie (1.26; CEY is the next on 1.08). He is a tackling machine, and if Roos lets him play sans vest, I expect a big score.

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:34

He shouldn't have the vest. I reckon vandenBerg is more consistent, but if you see a big score coming lock him in.

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 18:07

Get on him next year!!! Roos never hands games to first year players so him at least being the sub must have impressed Roos. Might be a nice mid priced midfielder that explodes

john · 24/04/2015 at 17:20

who to get for minson or put bellcahmbers in ruck and leave minson on the bench putting krak forward

Patch · 24/04/2015 at 17:43

if you can afford Goldstein, do it. Otherwise, hold with tbc in the ruck.

john · 24/04/2015 at 17:44

ive already got goldstein is it worth getting jacobs or nic nator a midpricer like grundy. Or is it a waste of a trade

dognino · 24/04/2015 at 17:47

Isn't that the reason you chose TBC? To cover rucks and save trades, otherwise your wasting points having him in your forward line

Tom · 24/04/2015 at 17:25

Oxley or Kamdyn Mc. Who should be starting on the field?

min0008 · 24/04/2015 at 17:40

Oxley

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 17:53

Preferably both. But if you had to chose, I would go Oxley

steve · 24/04/2015 at 17:31

what a mess. in fantasy, gray injured….who is best bont / franklyn / goddard / ryder (as cover to) / dahl??? bring back gray when fit? when best laid plans get buggered!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 17:47

I wouldnt waste a trade for Gray! Trade him out and bring him back when he's good??? Not a good Idea

steve · 24/04/2015 at 17:50

even in standard fantasy, as opposed to super coach and RDT?

Jai · 24/04/2015 at 17:46

Hogan,Salem,krakour who do I put on field PICK2

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 17:49

Hogan & Krakour

@RyanRhino14 · 24/04/2015 at 17:52

I was going to bring Krakouer in after this round for Lamb or Anderson if he played well and wasn't sub but with Gray out it makes it harder for me to know if he would've been sub or not and I don't know if to bring Krakouer in now or wait to see how he does

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 17:58

I think Krak is worth bring in-

1. he is cheap
    2. he will make money if he plays
    3. he is DPP, and can be used for the loophole in both lines if he doesnt play
    4. he looked good last week, wound the clock back

Paul · 24/04/2015 at 17:54

How does it work if I have 2 emergencies on midfielders who are playing and I loop a non playing midfielder like Judd. Do I get the best score of the two or is there an order that I get them?

@RyanRhino14 · 24/04/2015 at 17:56

you get the worst score

Paul · 24/04/2015 at 17:57

Well that sucks

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 17:56

you get the lowest score of the two

Conor · 24/04/2015 at 18:01

Selwood or Sloane?? Help needed community

Also is it worth trading Gray to Franklin or should I hold?

Marco_Polo94 · 24/04/2015 at 18:11

HOLD. and can't go wrong with either, maybe look at how many premos you have playing in week 11 when sloane plays?

Paul · 24/04/2015 at 18:02

Sloane seems more consistent . I would go him

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 18:08

I would go for Sloane and trading Gray for Franklin might be a bit premature IMO. Buddy might get held by Freo this week and his price could drop a litlle. If Gray is out again next week, then might be the time to pull the trigger. Save as many trades as you can early on.

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:03

thinking of-

Gray & Newnes
to
Swan & B.Smith

Gray and Newnes likely to drop $50-60k between them, over the next 3 weeks.
Swan & B.Smith likely to increase $70k between them, over the next 3 weeks.

Had both Swan & B.Smith on the buy list for later weeks.
Would intend to buy Gray back when price bottoms out.

Thoughts please, finger is hooving over the trade button.

Nicholas · 24/04/2015 at 18:08

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:34

I wouldnt do that! Hold Newnes and Gray! You will regret it…….and waste 2 trades to bring back gray!

Sully321 · 24/04/2015 at 18:07

Thoughts on lachie Neale

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 18:14

He is looking excellent. If you have Fyfe already, remember that come bye time, it might throw up some problems if you trade in Neale. From a cash generation perspective, Neale will likely rise another 80-100K or so and hopefully score you plenty of points as well. I am not 100% sure if this is necessarily the most strategic choice, as there may be better trading options out there. But it could work out to be a masterstroke!! Good luck.

Conor · 24/04/2015 at 18:17

Too Risky! personally id rather go the little bit more for Mundy then the little bit more again for Fyfe

Marco_Polo94 · 24/04/2015 at 18:07

Stuff it going mummy to goldstein. It will bite me in the arse and mummy will double goldy's score this week I'm sure but my gut says mummy is a waste. I brought him in initially because i expected him to go BIG first 3 rounds and i didn't want to miss out on the points then planned to jump off, so while my trading plan hasn't changed i did lose money. Ah well. Goldy is a keeper and i can stop worrying about it. The fact mummy's stats are near identical to last year's when he averaged 25 points more is what has swayed me. I'm breaking super coach trading rules here i know and i'm sure i will pay the price but it is keeping me up at night!!

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 18:18

If I was in your situation, I would feel the same. Mumford is such a frustrating character. He's like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna get. I already have Goldstein and he is a season keeper. I have Maric as well and he is causing me some head aches as well. He better deliver tonight.

Cheers

Marco_Polo94 · 24/04/2015 at 18:24

It's been a while since i watched forrest gump. Might chuck that in after the footy to take my mind off the super coach carnage this week ahahaha. I agree tho despite sideways trading i feel better looking at Goldy in my team.

eatemalive · 24/04/2015 at 18:08

Minson & Goodes have been dropped

Favalinko u Beauty · 24/04/2015 at 18:18

Community please answer me this, can I trade a player during rolling lockout as long as that players team has not played, but cannot reverse a trade once the first game starts.

Marco_Polo94 · 24/04/2015 at 18:19

yep

Favalinko u Beauty · 24/04/2015 at 18:23

Thanks champ

Cyril is Delicious · 24/04/2015 at 18:19

To start Saad over Oxely this week?

Saad is up against a younger GWS side compared to Oxely who is up against a Essendon on a big day, thoughts? Cheers

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:29

I would start both before McIntosh, but yes, start Saad before Oxeley.

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 18:38

This is a big call. It can go either way. I am going with Saad this week on the field. It will be wet in Melbourne tomorrow and I am concerned it may hamper Oxley's output a bit. (192cms tall) Will be wet also in Sydney, but I hope Saad is will do better in the wet. He is a nuggety midfielder type (178cms tall). Just going with my gut here.

Sully321 · 24/04/2015 at 18:20

Selwood, Cotchin, Watson or lewis?

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:22

lewis, then watson

Marco_Polo94 · 24/04/2015 at 18:23

Selwood

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 18:55

Selwood, Lewis, Watson then Cotchin.
    Other than price, I don't know on what logic anyone could go anyone other than Selwood. He has them covered on scoring potential, ceiling, durability, and bye round.

Nicholas · 24/04/2015 at 18:22

who should i trade out for krak, lambert or anderson. i was thinking anderson in case tarrant goes good again so i have someone to remove to bring him in. Any advice is appreciated.

Nicholas · 24/04/2015 at 18:23

Another thing if i get krak in the mid i also have a mid forward swing option.

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:33

Anderson, he is not in the hawks best 22, so will get limited opportunities all year, he may not even be in the hawks best 24, with Hartung going past him also.

Lambert is injured, but looked good, and should be in Richmonds best team.

Nicholas · 24/04/2015 at 18:26

who to start out of cripps yolmen, heeney, vandenburg and krak i need 3 on field.

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:35

Cripps, Yolmen & Heeney.

If you have a non-playing mid, it would be worth loopholing, with Vandenburg playing tonight.

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 18:52

Defintely Cripps and Yolmen. Flip a coin out of the last 3 or loophole if you can.

Luviboy1 · 24/04/2015 at 18:27

Last minute trade of Tex Walker to Dusty. Good or bad idea? Just dont think Tex will reach his 120 BE, compared to Dustys 64 BE.

BlakeyP · 24/04/2015 at 18:34

Very bad trade mate just a waste

Luviboy1 · 24/04/2015 at 18:37

Started with Tex as a stepping stone, figure that I may as well stomp on him as early as possible. Whats your reasoning in calling it a waste?

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 18:48

For what it's worth I reckon Tex will reach his break even this week and as such I have him in Perfect 9. Who do Bulldogs have in defence without Morris? Roughead (Hawthorns) scored 160 against them last week, ican see Tex getting a hold to. Besides Martin won't go up that much.
        Worst thing that can happen you pay a little bit more for Martin and lose a little bit on Tex. However, if Tex goes 160 you hold him for 2 more weeks and make a lot of coin.

dannyyboyy · 24/04/2015 at 18:58

dont stress to hard of break evens with premium type players or u will sideways trade to often tryin to chase points. hold tex, target dusty as a target upgrade down the track
        i would consider it a waste to.

Ryan · 24/04/2015 at 18:35

Gibbs out, move saad into mid and bring smith into defence, solid trade or knee-jerk trade?
Any thoughts appreciated

sean · 24/04/2015 at 18:38

Robbie Gray OUT!

NO BENCH COVER!

what do I do community?

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:42

trade Krakour in for a Lamb or Lambert if you have one.

phil · 24/04/2015 at 18:43

no bench cover with Gray out? Or donut with Gray out?
    Defintely don't trade Gray out. If you've got no bench cover just sit tight and hope your 6 starters all play. If you're facing a donut it's definitely worth sideways trading one of your injured rookies for Krakouer or Tarrant.

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 18:47

Dont panic….. LOL

Have you got a mid/forward swing set? Like Dustin martin or Bontempelli who are currently in your midfield? If so, simply switch Gray over into the midfield and put him on the bench there.

If not, a trade may be an option to create this swing set or simply trade in a new rookie (Krak or Tarrant) into your forward line for cover.

No dramas at all.

Cheers

sean · 24/04/2015 at 18:50

thanks tophawk!

im trying not to panic… im really trying mate haha

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:43

thinking of-

Gray & Newnes
to
Swan & B.Smith

Gray and Newnes likely to drop $50-60k between them, over the next 3 weeks.
Swan & B.Smith likely to increase $70k between them, over the next 3 weeks.

Had both Swan & B.Smith on the buy list for later weeks.
Would intend to buy Gray back when price bottoms out.

Thoughts please, finger is hooving over the trade button.

GB · 24/04/2015 at 19:00

Hold both, you will regret trading your uninjured premos so early in the season, believe me!!!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:14

I was gonna say the same thing!

Jono · 24/04/2015 at 18:43

Got Goodes, newnes, griff, anderson, mummy, Gray and lamb.
Trading Anderson for Sloane and gonna hold the rest.

Next week will be bang bang week.

Josh · 24/04/2015 at 18:44

Don't Panic! Don't Panic!

Well I am! contemplating Minson and Goodes to McDonald and Grundy.

Pull the trigger or have a lie down Phew!

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:47

Dont mind the trade.

Think Goodes is done, and the cheaper Ruck option needs to be considered by all.

The Roughnuts · 24/04/2015 at 19:02

Witts played he first game back for the pies VFL team and will likely be back for Gault in the next couple of weeks. That will surely hurt Grundy's scores and may also make him an option for the red vest during the 3rd quarters of games. Been considering Mummy to Grundy all week but I'm not going to. Other options being Blicavs, Smith & TBC I don't believe can be relied upon either. Just my opinion.

sean · 24/04/2015 at 18:48

does robbie tarrant have good job sercurity??

with gray out and no bench cover im thinking of pulling the trigger early by getting tarrant in this week and getting krakoeur next week as that helps my team structures.

sean · 24/04/2015 at 18:49

If so do I trade Lamb or Lambert?

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 18:57

I think Tarrant will be in long enough to make some money for your team, but hasnt played more than 15 games in a season.

Probably more injury prone than anything else.

Harry · 24/04/2015 at 19:05

I've gone with Tarrant as a decent short term option. I think Krakouer may not survive when Impey returns. North have Hansen to come back soon but Grima isn't back until the second half of the year. Tarrant may be in trouble then but plenty of time to make cash from now till then

Tom · 24/04/2015 at 18:54

Def: h.shaw, the gift, newnes, thumper, goodes, mcintosh, oxley, saad
Mid: fyfe, pendles, jelwood, CEY, griffen, heeney, NVB, cripps, vandy, newton, miller
Rucks: goldstein, nic nat, read
Fwd: swan, gray, martin, hogan, salem, clark, lonie, mcgrath

I have $555,900 in the warchest.
I was thinking of trading thumper up to a def premo and newton up to sloane. Would love your thoughts community

GB · 24/04/2015 at 18:58

KK to Rance

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:31

With 555,9000 I would say yes!

Phil · 24/04/2015 at 19:00

Never thought I'd say this and excuse me if I'm going mad but should Ayce Cordy be on our watchlist now? He is 250k R/F with a break even of 120 and for the life of me I can't think of anyone else in that Bulldogs team that can play in the ruck. Roughead would leave them undersized in defence especially without Morris.

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 19:05

definately not.

If you want a cheap ruck that plays, Bellchambers is it, worth the $67k more than Cordy.

northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 19:43

I'm a dogs fan and Cordy is awful. I think they are just giving him his last chance in his preferred position, he stunk it up in the forward line the last 2 weeks. Tom Campbell is better. Don't go near him.

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:02

Just checked the weather radar for Melbourne tonight. Looks like its gonna bucket down! It will be wet tomorrow as well for the Bombers-pies clash. Who should I bench. Mc Intosh or Oxley? I am leaning to Mc intosh at the minute. Any thoughts?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:17

Ive got McIntosh on the loophole just for that reason! and Vandenburg and Hogan

TOPHAWK1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:26

That is exactly what I am doing. Mc Intosh, Vandie and Hoges all emergencies on the bench tonight. As far as I am concerned, all are 3 are in play big time tonite. Got Lamb not playing on my forward line, Gray not playing in my midfield and Mc Govern a likely non starter in my backline. Got Tom Read not playing in the ruck and he will be my captain's loophole man. So we are in complete control here barring any unpleasant surprises.

VC on Swannie this week? Sloane current captain.

Cheers

BundyBear · 24/04/2015 at 19:03

Vandenberg on the field or off ? Can someone help me make up my mind ? Or do i need more rum

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 19:08

if choosing between the likes of Heeney, Cripps & Yolmen, I would leave him on the bench.

Ideal loophole candidate if you have a non-playing mid.

Doc2Drej · 24/04/2015 at 19:11

This is the order I would play the mid rookies:
      CEY
      Cripps
      Vandenberg
      Heeney

BundyBear · 24/04/2015 at 19:13

Yeah have Heeney Cripps and Yolmen. I dont have any non players in the midfield. Thx for your help.

dannyyboyy · 24/04/2015 at 19:04

got 500 odd grand in the bank, i have gray and lamb so no bench cover.

whats a better option
1 trade and go lamb to buddy or
2 trades and go newton to sloane and lamb to krakour a week early? im struggling with this what do you all think?

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 19:08

get sloan in

Doc2Drej · 24/04/2015 at 19:06

Went Bartel/McGrath to Neale/Krak this week, meaning I have 180k in the kitty to use at a later date. Have B Goodes, so I will look to trade once a suitable option arises (probably a downgrade). My team as it stands:

D: Shaw, Higgins, Saad, McIntosh, Oxley, Newnes (Brown, Goodes)
M: Fyfe, Neale, Pendlebury, Shiel, Selwood, Rich, Judd, Griffen (CEY, Heeny, vand)
R: Goldstein, Maric (O'Brien)
F: Swan, Martin, Hogan, Salem, Clark, Krak (Lambert, Lamb)

As you can see as a result of this weeks trades my midfield is now stacked and my fwd line is very thin.

P.S. Will put Judd onto bench for this round, obviously, just did it this way to make the point of it being stacked

Thoughts?

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 19:33

yeah, like the mids & rucks.

plenty of the usual cash cows fattening-up.

would look at Newnes & Goodes to Smith & a def rookie in coming weeks.

Doc2Drej · 25/04/2015 at 08:54

Don’t really want to trade Newnes yet

Gold Rush · 24/04/2015 at 19:06

Minson dropped, Jock and Wayno are in the poo!!! Keep your chin up lads otherwise your going to be full of it.

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 19:50

Hate to say I told you so in pre-season. Beverage is bringing a Hawks style game to the doggies and wants his rucks to do a lot more than Minson offers. He's trying to find the balance of a ruck that can help out forward. Minson is a terrible forward as is Cordy. Tom Campbell is also likely to get chances.

GB · 24/04/2015 at 19:10

What happened to Newnes being a must have? Of my 30 players (including bench), 21 are averaging more than him!!!

Dean · 24/04/2015 at 19:11

Thought I was sitting sweet until now as Minson & Gray are late out's – which I have. I have used 2 trades thus far – GAJ to Sloane and Lambert to Van Berlo.
I would generally not bother trading if my overall ranking was high but because my current rank is in the top 1000 I cannot afford to have a donut on the ground.

Here is my team.

Read

FORWARD
Gray, Martin, Swan
TBC, Clark, Hogan
EMG
McGrath, Lonie

First option is to trade out McGrath who is out for 10 weeks and bring in Krakouer – Then put TBC in my ruck to cover Minson – If I do this my forward will be: Martin, Swan, Hogan, Clark, Lonie & Krakouer

Second option: Trade out Minson and bring in Nic Nat (Which I don't really want to do) – My forward line then will be: Martin, Swan, Hogan, TBC, Clark, Lonie

Last option: Trade out Miller in my midfield and bring in Krakouer – This option gives me the DPP option which I don't have. The downside is Miller has a -30 Break Even and is projected to reach $250,000

NOTE: Seeing Minson on the emergency list is a slight concern as it wouldn't surprise me if Minson ends up being a late inclusion to be honest but because this is the last game of the round, I cannot take the risk.

All your advice will be greatly appreciated.

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:21

Trade McGrath to Krak and Minson to Grundy!

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:24

That will bank you some coin

Dean · 24/04/2015 at 19:43

Cheers mate, your right it will bank me some coin but considering a trade is effectively worth $150k per trade.

If I were to trade out Minson for Grundy or Nic Nat then the one trade would be fine. It wouldn't be worth trading in Krak now considering he isn't on the bubble so by waiting you get a free look at him so to speak and God forbid if he ends up getting injured this week you save yourself effectively 2 trades. However in saying that I totally understand where your coming from as Grundy will continue to rise in price and the way the ruck scoring system is this year its hardly worth spending big in the rucks with exception to Goldy.

Thanks again for your advice.

Northernsoul74 · 24/04/2015 at 19:52

As mentioned by someone earlier isn't this why you have TBC in the fwds to provide cover and save a trade when a ruck is out. If not why have you got TBC wasting a fwd place?

Dean · 24/04/2015 at 20:31

Yes I do have TBC for that reason however if I swap TBC in my ruck I still must trade someone in my forward line to cover Gray's late withdrawal. As explained in my post under "First Option"

Flanno24 · 24/04/2015 at 19:30

I would go with the first option as I like Minson and you don't sound like you wanna change to Nic Nat either, also you will be kicking yourself if Miller comes out and plays a couple games like his last! McGrath is out for 10 weeks as you said so you're just getting rid of a donut on your bench

Dean · 24/04/2015 at 20:39

Thanks mate, yeah my first option seems the most logical solution, as I would most likely still look to bring krakouer in next week anyway if he scored 70+ this week.

I do like Nic Nat don't get me wrong, I think the guy is a freak especially for a ruck, however I cannot see a great deal of difference between Minson and Nic Nat's average come season end.

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 00:02

Do the first option, but………

Put Read at R2 and Minson at R3 with E.

Leave TBC in forward line at F7 on the bench with E.

Leave Gray on field at F1 and put Clarke on bench at F8 also with E

This way you might know if Minson is playing before Cats start their game on Sunday afternoon. If Minson is named, take the E off Clarke and you can still get Minson score because Minson will take Read place and Tbc will take Gray place. If have E on Clarke you get the worst of the two.

If Minson don’t play, TBC covers Read via swing and Clarke covers Gray.

Welcome

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 00:14

Worse case is if you don’t know if Minson has been named when Cats game starts at 3.20. Keep E on Clarke so you get his score, if Will plays you have to take the lower. Oh well!

Vlastuin Paradise · 25/04/2015 at 06:47

Won’t TBC be locked in Saturday and your plans fall apart??

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 10:37

Not If you take the E off Clarke if Minson plays.

Dean · 25/04/2015 at 19:19

Thanks for your advice mate, I know its to late now but im confused.

Keeping in mind TBC played Saturday afternoon and if I left TBC in my forward line as you suggested as F7 with the E

If Minson doesn't play then I end up with a donut as I cannot swing TBC into the ruck after he has played. Sorry mate im confused but id still like to know if what you suggested would work if Minson does not play.

If I had TBC as my F7 with the E knowing Read isn't playing I can't get TBC scores in the Ruck if he is in my F7 E correct?

Doc2Drej · 25/04/2015 at 08:56

Option one is very smart

Mighty_Hondo · 24/04/2015 at 19:12

Hate not being able to log on to SC at this time. Do others have issues late in the piece before lockout? Otherwise listening to Patch's interview in clubjock…Great work guys!

Nash · 24/04/2015 at 19:13

Thoughts on Josh Gibbson. Now Frawlys gone he is going to take the second foward, and his points scoring is going to be limited. Should we trade or hold.

I am leaning towards holding

Thoughts community

eatemalive · 24/04/2015 at 19:32

hold mate

dean billman · 25/04/2015 at 03:44

I'm in the same boat. I'll give him one more week, if he is shit i'll trade to Smith.

Bobby · 24/04/2015 at 19:18

pick two players to go on my feild
heeney, CEY, Vandeberg

Flanno24 · 24/04/2015 at 19:19

Heeney, CEY

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:30

CEY Heeney

Bobby · 24/04/2015 at 19:21

i have no bench cover should i get a guy that will play instead of having a guy that dosent if so who?

Sam · 24/04/2015 at 19:22

Saad or KMac on field??

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 19:29

Saad loophole Kmac

Sam · 24/04/2015 at 19:34

How do you loophole players in defence? Eg Saad and Mcintosh.

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 19:49

You need a non playing defender.

Then make McIntosh an emergency

if McIntosh scores high, bring the non-playing defender in for Saad, and you will get McIntosh's score.

Josh · 24/04/2015 at 19:44

On bench heeney or vandenberg?

Tom · 24/04/2015 at 19:53

Just wondering how to reverse a trade after the round has started? The button has disappeared.

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 20:01

you cant reverse after the round has commenced.

Tyler · 24/04/2015 at 20:12

You cant sorry mate

Conor · 24/04/2015 at 20:14

What to do with Minson? No fwd backup?

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 20:33

Trade down to Grundy

Dean · 24/04/2015 at 20:59

Depending on your overall ranking if you are ranked in the top 3000 overall then trade Minson out for Naitanui as he is a gun especially so as a ruck because he is very versatile unlike most ruckmen.

carlashirley90 · 24/04/2015 at 22:40

Hogan! Ty for patching up R.Gray

Got my Vc on Griffen this week see if it pays off, will use it if he scores 130+
I have Swan but I hope he has an average game 🙂 95-105 will do

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 24/04/2015 at 23:47

think thats a mistake! I would go with Swan over Griffen!

Phil · 25/04/2015 at 03:18

Don't listen to them Carla stick with Griffen. People loopholing Swan are chasing last points
    Just like the people that started with Mumford.

JB · 24/04/2015 at 22:54

Rance scores 90 doesn't deserve that score, Hogan should have scored 130 he smashed him and made him run ragged

dognino · 24/04/2015 at 23:23

Looks the goods young hogan, been happy with the demon rookie output all round actually.

JB · 25/04/2015 at 15:19

Hibberd 10 possession for 18 sc 1st qtr sc needs review …

Dean · 25/04/2015 at 19:48

AGREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE something very fishy is going on. It stinks so much it makes Crouchings snapper smell like roses.

Donavan · 24/04/2015 at 23:40

Vandenberg on the bench as Emergency, with all other mid emergencies expected to play (Miller & Cripps), and no swing set sitting in the mids.

Looks like I am going to miss that 109 score, but at least get the price rise…

Derek · 24/04/2015 at 23:47

Gray out lets me loophole Vanders, happy now

Charlesy · 24/04/2015 at 23:57

Rance got 90 from 10 possessions at 80%. Does this mean he got 90 from 8 effective possessions in a losing side?

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 00:19

That is amazing. 10 pos, 3 tackles and 4 marks. Only 38 dream team points but managed 90SC!!!

macca · 25/04/2015 at 00:47

yes agree… starting to lose a lot of confidence in then whole SC game.
    perhaps its because my worst start to a year ever……..

carlashirley90 · 25/04/2015 at 09:17

Wow that is bat shit insane

Dean · 25/04/2015 at 19:44

Totally agree I swore black & blue that supercoach was the greatest game around but this is very suspicious to say the least.

I sign up each year to get the Herold Sun + package which gives me live scores and also a Super Coach Gold member however this is the LAST year I will be spending a cent on all this crap now that I totally convinced that SC is corrupt.
    Not to mention the countless hours that I and many put into it each year.

I noticed the numbers overall are down some 25,000+ on SC this year… I think its time to seriously consider playing DT again as it's scoring seems allot more legit and also you get the live scores for free via FanFooty.

It's sad but this Rance BS scoring 96 points on SC is FACT that Supercoach is corrupt with out a doubt. Something should be done about it ASAP

Langy · 25/04/2015 at 00:49

Hi community, I have vanbenburg listed as emergency, if I put grey on the field in the mids will I pick up vanders 109?

Rick Grimes · 25/04/2015 at 05:09

Yep

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 10:44

Just be careful with other late outs and having another E to cover.

I had that problem round 2 with Cripps a late out, was able to cover with E on Heeney, but then with Sam Mitchell another late out on Sunday it was to late to put E on CEY as he had already played. I didn’t want to have two E because it defaults to lowest. Cost me 98 points. Grrrrrrrr

I’m in same with Vanders on bench and Gray on field, don’t want any other late outs this week

Brett · 25/04/2015 at 00:50

Itchy fingers !! Any advice would be appreciated, trying my best not too sideways trade , got full coverage with hogan and Vandenberg loopholed this week,

Predicament is

Mummy > grundy or blitz

Goodes > smith

Mummy > goldy

Goodes > roberton (have to take mcintosh 40 with no trade)

Or just ride this week out !

Cheers community

randomcliche · 25/04/2015 at 01:50

I value a sideways trade at $100k. Mummy to goldy might nearly be that. Other than that Goodes to smith is perfect upgrade. The mummy downgrade is high risk/reward shark cum plankton manouver. Enjoy being fed on, esp if you go grundy. Blitz, maybe okay given can do more than tap. i.e. tap and run.

Rick Grimes · 25/04/2015 at 05:14

Happy with all three Demon rookies on field. Loop-holed McIntosh thankfully. Also confused about Rance. Was glad to see him having an average game since i dont have him and many had jumped on. Then I see he still scores 90. Wtf?

JDogg · 25/04/2015 at 07:43

The Rance one has me quite confused….

Kev · 25/04/2015 at 10:56

4 clangers and 4 FA among 10 possessions… If he was a ruck that would be 50

demon · 25/04/2015 at 12:31

the 4 frees against are what count as clangers, but yes I am still as bewildered as everyone else

dognino · 25/04/2015 at 12:57

He must be in a high % of teams at the champion data office league

JDogg · 25/04/2015 at 07:42

with Gray out i have 2 options:

1. Swing to midfield and play Cripps
2. Use cover on bench and play M.Clark in the forward line

Thoughts???

Rick · 25/04/2015 at 08:55

Cripps.

Liam · 25/04/2015 at 08:51

Struggling with this one, JACK newnes or PATRICK cripps?????

I N Pieman · 25/04/2015 at 09:12

I’d say Cripps

Tony · 25/04/2015 at 09:14

Hi Guys. All mids selected to play – therefore no loophole and no fwd mid swing available. who should I have onfield Cripps or Heeney??? Please help

I N Pieman · 25/04/2015 at 09:37

Cripps. Heeney vs freo will be tough

BundyBear · 26/04/2015 at 12:32

Cripps. i have a feeling he will get 172 SC points this week

Ethan · 25/04/2015 at 09:27

should i start heeney or cripps?
i cant do the rookie loophole cause vandenburg is my E, so its a matter of replacing one for vandenburg (i have gray in my mid bench)

Mr DJ · 25/04/2015 at 09:34

Please I NEED HELP & quick.
I woke up to Robbie Gray not playing & I have no cover.

Who do I trade for who (remember I can swing when i trade).

$160,300 & 1 Trade.

DEF: J. Newnes [mid] $424,500, J. Hamling $123,900
MID: J. Anderson $148,500
FWD: H. Goddard [def] $122,300, R. GRAY [mid] $577,200

(Also who would u bench for Vandenberg’s 109: yolmen, cripps, heeney, A. Swallow or Griffen)

Phil · 25/04/2015 at 09:53

I'd trade Anderson for Krakouer and bench Heeney

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 10:47

Anderson won’t get many games, had his chance

TOPHAWK1 · 25/04/2015 at 09:36

Brilliant games by Vandenberg and Hogan last night! Both started as emergencies. Robbie Gray is going on the (mid) field today and Tom Lamb will play in the forward line. Sorry Mitch Clark and Isaac Heeney, you will both be rested now and placed on the bench. A combined score of 227 points for Hogan and Vandenberg has to be loopholed and taken advantage of. If Clark and Heeney do better in their games, then so be it. But I seriously doubt it.

I N Pieman · 25/04/2015 at 09:38

Nice one Top hawk. Enjoy those points

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 10:46

Just be careful of other late outs, you won’t have any cover

Bellybuttonfluff · 25/04/2015 at 09:51

Who's better for vice, swan or Watson?

TOPHAWK1 · 25/04/2015 at 10:15

Geez that is a tough call. If I was in your position I would get a coin, toss it and if its "heads" its Swan and if its "tails" its Watson.

Hope it helps Bellybuttonlint.

LOL

bellybuttonfluff · 25/04/2015 at 13:16

Lol thanks mate. Might go Watson cos I’m a supporter of the red and black 🙂

Mac · 25/04/2015 at 10:04

Got the Vice on Swanny and not sure who to put the captain on. Got Fyfe, Beams, Selwood, JPK or left of field Goldstein who should score huge against Geelong

CJay · 25/04/2015 at 10:07

Is Hartung likely to get the green vest for Hawthorn?
Thinking I will take a look at cripps score and loop hole him with Anderson.
Risk is if Anderson is a late in he may take over the vest.
Thoughts community ?

Derek · 25/04/2015 at 10:45

Hartung most likely

TOPHAWK1 · 25/04/2015 at 10:42

No nasty surprises for the Blues-Saints clash in Wellington. Cripps is a certain starter barring a super late change.
Ahmed Saad the sub for Saints and Brad Dick the sub for the Blues.

Pieman 74 · 25/04/2015 at 11:09

I have one trade left after punting Deledio for Swan. Have moved Gray to the bench. With my last trade for the round do I:
a) Trade Malcevski to Smith or Shaw to avoid losing another $50k – my initial plan before Gray went down
b) Trade Gray (midfield bench) to Hodge
c) Trade Goodes to Talia – only considering this if Oxley or Saad are named as subs
d) Trade McGrath or Lamb to Young/Krak – last resort as i have Lonie as an Emergency and will use his score if it is above 60.

Gordo D Magnificent · 25/04/2015 at 11:12

Krakouer or Clark on the field?

Pavos · 25/04/2015 at 11:45

#krakisback am I right lek?

Conor · 25/04/2015 at 11:29

Really get on this moring just then thinking that a game wouldn't started till 1pm and a game is already on? Really annoyed wanted to trade out Hugh Goddard and sub A Saad out of mid for Sloane but carn't do that now because saints play at 11 in morning????

Conor · 25/04/2015 at 11:32

I suppose I have to trade out Goodes now.

Conor · 25/04/2015 at 11:48

Is it worth bringing in TBC this week my trades will be

Have still got 630k for trading Gaz last week to NVB. so

Saad Mid to Back Goodes out Sloane in

2nd trade Lamb To TBC as I have Gray and Minson.

Pavos · 25/04/2015 at 14:20

I put the vc on cripps, have you got a job for me jock?

carlashirley90 · 25/04/2015 at 15:31

Cripps will make huge money now 🙂

dannyyboyy · 25/04/2015 at 17:21

with an average of 104 he will be worth well over 300k after his first price rise. i didnt have him on the field but who cares. its a win for all those who (still) have him. he will rise really quickly now and will be guaranteed a game without copping the vest. with all the mid rookies dominating the road to full premium is gonna be a quick one. the big question now is when do we start culling these juicy fattening cows. im itchy fingered and trigger happy to start asap BRING IT ON!!!

carlashirley90 · 25/04/2015 at 17:27

Haha I will sit back till round 5 I reckon
      And 1st on my culling list is a ruckman who rings a bell

TOPHAWK1 · 25/04/2015 at 17:38

Hear hear! I have held him since day 1. Never saw any real need to trade him out. Now us patient ones have been handsomely rewarded. The real bonus for me was having him on the field today. U bewdy Crippsy!!

Brad · 25/04/2015 at 17:21

Traded out paul Seedsman, what does he do? Wins THE F’ING ANZAC DAY MEDAL

TOPHAWK1 · 25/04/2015 at 17:47

That sucks big time. Happened to me many times. I nearly traded out Maric this week like so many others. I just decided to keep him for one last hurrah because I just wanted to preserve two trades this week. What does he do? Scores 124 SC points. For once, my gamble has paid off.

That said, got enough dramas in defence now. Newnes, Lumumba, Oxley, and Mc Intosh were all pathetic this week. (Luckily Mc Intosh on bench)

Cheers

3. votes · 25/04/2015 at 17:24

trade or hold Will Minson? was dropped and not sure if he is a keeper

B-T · 25/04/2015 at 17:52

I'll be trading, Bevo can get stuffed!!

Dean · 25/04/2015 at 20:52

HOLD Minson what ever you do. I personally have him and I would not be surprised if Minson ends up being a late inclusion. If he was injured and wasn't going to play then he wouldn't be on the emergency list like he is.

Definitely don't trade him out if you have cover for him like a TBC however if you don't have cover consider Nic Nat.

B-T · 25/04/2015 at 21:26

Herald Sun has him playing in the vfl mate..

dannyyboyy · 25/04/2015 at 18:04

I have tom lamb like many others. im looking to trade him for krak. should i hold till next week or is it a good enough risk to do it tonight? i have no fwd bench cover so that is the only risk for holding til next week. and the fact if i want/need to do 2 trades next week one will be already taken for this move. thoughts community?

carlashirley90 · 25/04/2015 at 18:20

Griffen u are not escaping the cull this week now, gotta go GWS most un predictable team full of great players.
Griffen no doubt will bleed 20k more but thankfully I have 190k back up so dumping Griff and looking at Pendles

Griffen 14 quarter time pfft

B-T · 25/04/2015 at 18:25

Hopefully he lifts, tough call

TOPHAWK1 · 25/04/2015 at 19:18

I have Griffin as well and he is really starting to p_ss me off. Has lifted a bit up to half time. 36 fantasy points and was 14 at quarter time. (Dont have Supercoach gold LOL)

If he does not deliver AT LEAST 100 SC points in this match he is gonski. His breakeven is 107. If he pumps out a 70 based on current output, he will drop seriously in price. If this happens, I am simply no longer prepared to hold on to him any longer.

Dean · 25/04/2015 at 20:55

Gotta keep him guys

Conor · 25/04/2015 at 18:37

Minson To Nic Nat?

Thoughts Community

B-T · 25/04/2015 at 18:43

Yep

3. votes · 25/04/2015 at 18:51

o or trade down to Krakour? I will use my 2 trades next week on newnes and maybe griffen so if going to pull trigger needs to be now and have 28 trades left

B-T · 25/04/2015 at 19:20

Me playing for rank so i would rather trade than take a zero. In saying that i would hold on trading premo's, unless they are injured

TOPHAWK1 · 25/04/2015 at 21:43

Ryan Griffin. What can I say. Once again he has saved his bloody bacon. Just.

113 SC points.

Still on the "chopping block" but will stay in my side for another week.

It will give me an opportunity to fix some defensive player issues this week.