Community this is your guide to the 2015 Supercoach season. Everything that is posted on the Jock Reynolds website this year can be found in this convenient database, it’s like a time machine but for Supercoach wisdom…

Regular Season Podcasts

NEW! Podcast Round 8 – An Eye On The Byes

Podcast Round 7 – Critical Crossroads

Podcast Round 6 – Kamdyn To The Slaughter?

Podcast Round 5 – Stick To Your Structures

Scratch That Titch

Milk The Cow

Defensive Decisions

What The Ruck?!

The GAJ Conundrum

Preseason Content

Click here for every preseason article.

Categories: Supercoach

Doc2Drej · 07/04/2015 at 08:21

This index will definitely come in handy as the season goes on, well done!

Community, I’m trying to gauge what a good score for round 1 was, I got 1925 but with the right players on the field from my bench it would have become 2082. Is this a good score compared to others? I was disappointed with many of my players, including Higgins, Shaw, Newnes, Griffen, Selwood, Hallahan, Cripps, Maric, Bartel, Salem and Dusty. I believe that all these players have another level of scoring to go up to, and only hope they do sooner rather than later.

Lastly, what are peoples trade strategies? Any trades this week?

Ethan · 07/04/2015 at 08:32

theres nothing you really need to trade unless your carrying injuries with your players

Kev · 07/04/2015 at 11:17

I believe 2110 was the cut off for top 10,000. So that's probably your par score this week. Your premiums in that lot will come good, stick by them. It wasn't the best round for high scores.

The rookies are there to make you money. If they spud up again and you believe there is a better option, look at trading them. Agree with Ethan for trading this week only if you have an injury (Rockliff)

Seb · 07/04/2015 at 15:33

I missed out by 9 points

Dingo · 07/04/2015 at 08:51

The reason I got into the Jock Reynolds community was to improve my Supercoach. One thing I have learnt is that it is all about structures. Yet after a poor round for most punters, I am surprised at the panic and keenness to trade after last week's scores. I got a good score (2217) which puts me in top 1,000 and while I was disappointed with some individual scores, I am just focusing on my structure and how I can trade my way through the year to having the best performing premiums at the end of the year. I won't achieve that if they consider trading some of my keepers based on one poor round. You should only trade your keepers if they are injured/suspended. If they lose value it doesn't matter if you intend to keep them.

Sarah · 07/04/2015 at 10:04

Exactly! Well said Dingo.

Holty · 07/04/2015 at 12:55

Agree with you Dingo. The only trades people should be looking at after round 1 is Rocky, Sidebum and maybe rookies that may have caught your eyes. Have faith in your selections community and dont chase last rounds scores.

Kano · 07/04/2015 at 17:51

Spot on. Couldn’t agree more

Matty · 07/04/2015 at 09:49

Shitful first round community! A couple I banked on went missing, and not selecting my captain and sort my bench properly really cost me so,only ended up with a score of 1875. think I could have pulled in an easy 2000 though had I been a bit smarter.

Lookin forward to round 2, and seeing more of these rookies tear it a new one…

keenbutclueless · 07/04/2015 at 20:33

Given the bad start to 2015, and for some of us a write-off already, maybe it is already time to turn our attention to 2016. In fact, the pre-season speculation can be more fun than the real thing. For 2016, we are already spoiled for choice: Def Smith, Shaw, McKenzie, M Brown Rook Rook Mid: Fyfe, Parker, Wines, Liberatore, O'Meara, Petracca, Rook Rook Ruck: Premo, Kreuzer
    Fwd: Ablett, Rockliff, Gray, Dangerfield, Ruck/Fwd DPP, Rook

Already we are faced with the dilemma of how to fit them all in! Can we really have Libba at M4 and O'Meara at M5?
    With the coaches playing our guns forward, we will be drooling over the DPP of our favourite guns. Is 4 premo's already too heavy?

keenbutclueless · 07/04/2015 at 20:33

We may have to leave Danger out. Chris Scott has already turned an A grade small forward in Stokes into a B Grade midfielder. Maybe he will turn Danger into a half back to take the place of Kelly, Enright and Mackie (all retired). He will be earning the combined salary of the three, so why not? Lock him in our backline for 2017!

I had to leave out Pendles. New Collingwood Coach Eddie McG has said – why would I risk the only decent player I have in the midfield where he might get hurt? Better to put him in the backline where all the action will be this year. Another lock for our backline in 2017.

Woohoo Feeling better already

Robert · 07/04/2015 at 13:01

don't want to trade but I have both rocky and sidebum so I need some advive on premiums

Muddiemoose · 07/04/2015 at 13:14

Hey rob!
    Awesome name I’m a Robert too lmao
    I would recommend Sloane for one
    He was my main premo pod pick for this year and looked great on the weekend I think he will play consistsnt all year and played all 22 games last year so if ralitivly low risk plus has very low ownership

Robert · 07/04/2015 at 13:18

thanks muddiemoose it hurts to use trades on premium sideways trades in the first round

Mr.RoidRagers · 07/04/2015 at 15:40

Has to be done though with both those guys out for too many weeks. You can't afford to have that cash sitting idle on the bench.

Luke · 07/04/2015 at 13:15

Easy mate, bring in wines from port

Sub a fwd/mid and bring in tex walker, I am guessing will bank you about 350k, makes for a 1 trade upgrade soon, so you are effectively getting 3 premo for the price of 2

Robert · 07/04/2015 at 13:20

already have wines but tex could be a good pod at least till the bys

Brook · 07/04/2015 at 13:21

Was tossing up between griffin and wines at m5 before season and I went for griffin. Seriously thinking of correcting that this week. Poor showing from griffin against saints and great effort from wines in wa. Will need to downgrade Jellwood to Lewis to finance but will pick him up again later. My basic idea is use 4 trades over next two weeks before prices change then hold until R7. Am I over reacting or did others see enough in griffins performance to suggest he may not be the keeper we thought?

SCaddict · 07/04/2015 at 13:42

Dumping Griff for Wines seems to have plenty of backers at this point but caution should still apply whenever you consider swapping perfectly healthy premos with another, especially after just a solitary game.

If you make the move and Griff busts out a 130 this weekend and Wines delivers an 85 you'll be spewing.

Brook · 07/04/2015 at 15:24

Very true … I will be spewin if that happens. Maybe need another day just to cool off but can’t help being drawn to a player like wines … Mostly spewin I didn’t back myself to take him first up. And it’s hard to barrack for someone who walked out on their club … We’ll see but I reckon I might pull the trigger.

Mr.RoidRagers · 07/04/2015 at 15:41

As Higgo said in the podcast don't go chasing last weeks points. It will drive you mad.

Dee · 07/04/2015 at 20:21

Agreed…

Cowboy · 07/04/2015 at 19:35

To all those thinking of jumping on wines. Sloane. Lewis from griff. Pls don’t. They had a good week and I had them. Murphys law says if u all get on, they go shit. Pls stick to griff.

chris · 07/04/2015 at 14:02

i reckon i will just go miller to vandenberg this week. Avoided carnage and feel for ppl with injury so early. Didnt start gaj or rocky which feels good now.

Only ‘premo’ i cant hang my hat on yet Is jack newnes. If you get off him and spuds up could be a great pod not having him. Might give him another week but is on notice!

Best supercoach site on world wide web is jockreynolds, thanks to everyone on this site.

Tofor · 07/04/2015 at 17:15

Miller could still generate you some cash. He's a rookie with a game under his belt.

Wayne kerr · 07/04/2015 at 15:47

Does anyone think it would be worth having big Jonathon Giles as the bench ruckman this year?? Surely The big Belly wont be able to go it alone for Essendon the whole season! Any ideas?

SCaddict · 07/04/2015 at 16:42

Far too much cash to invest in a 'maybe' at this stage. Would need to see his role and how he performs when he's on the bubble first, if and when he gets an opportunity, assuming TBC doesn't get injured again.

Tofor · 07/04/2015 at 17:15

I wouldn't just yet IMO. No reason to think he has to score well. Would like to see him in action for a couple games.

demon · 07/04/2015 at 19:14

ch7 news had TBC an injury concern for this week, hopefully will pull up

Dee · 07/04/2015 at 20:22

nice try…

Chefs Arsse fc · 07/04/2015 at 17:05

Ive had to trade rockliff and I now have 253k in the bank. What do I do with the cash? Im concerned about my decision to have lumumba in my side. Starting to think it was a stupid choice. Do I trade or can he actually replicate his nab challenge performances?

Holty · 07/04/2015 at 18:00

Gee, there really is no love for Lumumba. Lot of people wanting to jump off already. I have him and will stick with him.
    Remember, his priced to average 78. He played a poor game, got tagged and still managed to score 73. I honestly think that there are more important thngs to worry about this early in the season than Lumumba at present. But that is only my opinion.

Cowboy · 07/04/2015 at 19:39

No. Everyone is getting off the gift because they realise he was no good at the pies and will be no different at dees. Have a good look in the mirror before u pick overrated nab inflated scorers. The one time you MUST listen to crouch. ” he bloody shit”

Hazza_08 · 07/04/2015 at 17:35

G'day community. I was wondering people's thoughts on DG maric > Bellcho (due to the new price changed and then griff to Tex, pocketing the 350k for an ug from cockatoo > Lewis. Thoughts?

Hazza_08 · 07/04/2015 at 17:35

*new scoring which will lead to price changes

Kano · 07/04/2015 at 17:43

Give him another week, it will be a better gauge to see if he can improve. If his current scores stay around the same he wont drop drastically in price after round 3. In saying that I have him too and am watching and planning if he continues to disappoint.

Kano · 07/04/2015 at 17:47

Chefs Arsse fc my comment was meant for you regarding lumumba.

Chefs Arsse fc · 07/04/2015 at 18:19

Cheers kano.

@Matr1x23 · 07/04/2015 at 18:20

I need to trade out Rockliff & Jaksch. Who do you guys recommend to bring in?

Cyril is Delicious · 07/04/2015 at 20:15

I’m a massive fan of Jordan Lewis for a swap with Rocky!

Cyril is Delicious · 07/04/2015 at 20:16

And it would give you more money to upgrade Jaksch

Stickman · 07/04/2015 at 22:38

This Index is a great idea, it will become quiet handy this year.
Wondering if TAT will be returning this year?
Cheers

LEKD0G · 09/04/2015 at 23:33

Not sure on TAT yet but the index is awesome!

SideBySidebottom · 22/04/2015 at 00:19

If it's tit fot TAT it's highly unlikely.