Chicko - elite fantasy analystWe have faced a thorough examination to our fortitude to start 2015. If Rocky or Sidebottom didn’t get you then God himself did.

If GAJ didn’t get you then this round it was either the late out of Bont, or the early injury to Bartel or the plethora of underperforming premiums that saw you come undone – whether it be JPK, Griffin, Parker, Goddard or Wines.

If before the start of this round I suggested Touk Miller would outperform those premiums, you would think I had lost the plot. But what if I told you Touk Miller would outperform Sam Jacobs even though the big ruckman would have 55 hitouts…..going from last year’s form and formula, you would think Sauce would be in for a king size 130 supercoach points – well you would be wrong by about half. 55 hitouts was good for 67 this week!

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

The formula for what determines an astute pick in our rucks lines has changed, and for all supercoaches, what we knew to be true, what we knew was tried, tested, observed and proven has changed. Whilst we knew there was a change from hitouts to hit outs to advantage to drive supercoach scoring, I think we may have underestimated the profound impact it would have on our rucks (I know I certainly have). To summarise this impact, I have compiled a table of the top 10 most owned ruckmen and included all premium ruckman.

To explain the last 3 columns of the table (the first 3 columns should be self-explanatory), namely:

• The “Starting P/Ave”, is the starting price to average of the player. That is the price equates to an average of this number as listed in this column.
  • The “3 game ave” is what the player has averaged from rounds 1-3 (except Berger who was dropped before R3).
  • What I have called the “Happy factor” is the positive or negative difference between the player’s 3 game average as compared to their starting price average.

With the caveat that 3 games is a very small sample size for averages, you can very quickly see that only one premium ruckman has so far justified his starting price – that is Todd Goldstein, who is currently averaging 14 points more than his starting price would have indicated (as per the Starting P/Ave column). SIGNIFICANTLY, the top 3 ruckman on the happy factor scale are all midprice selections in Grundy, Blicavs and Smith – all are averaging around the 95-98 mark and yet with reasonably low ownership levels. Not for this article, but at a later point and with more data, I will take a look at what has driven the scoring of our rucks. If you have selected a combination of any of the rucks in the green shaded area (green zone), I suspect you would be at the very sharp end of the overall rankings. Well played!

If you selected a ruckman from the blue shaded area (blue zone), I think you would also be reasonably happy. Whilst these ruckman have performed more in line with their starting price, at least you have not overpaid at all, and in some cases have acquired the ruckman at a discount – they are doing as you would expect, if not better. Important to note that Tom Bellchambers sits in the blue zone and is the most selected ruckman.

The area which deserves a lot of attention is the bottom of the table, the red zone, literally. You will be bleeding cash in the next few weeks if you have selected any of these ruckman. Just have a look at the names, they are luminaries in the world of Supercoach – Jacobs, Martin, McEvoy and Mummy! The change to the ruck rules is severely impacting these big boys.

Screen Shot 2015-04-20 at 12.15.32 pm

So what do we do with this information and our rucks?

I hope the table has provided you with some food for thought. You may have other lines that need your attention, but perhaps a downgrade in your ruck line can help you fix another line.

The question is, what are you going to do?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Chicko’s Chumps has Goldy and the Mullet – and I am really wondering what to do with him, as you can see he sits midtable.

Can’t wait to workshop this one with you community.

Cheers

Chicko

@chicko_lcs

Patch · 20/04/2015 at 12:47

Brilliant Chicko. Truly magnificent write up shows what the Check In is blossoming into. At this stage I'm looking to downgrade Mumford to Grundy. Never thought I'd be saying that, but we are truly in uncharted territory here and sailing blind. Supercoach is a game of the bold, and the 470k I have in the warchest lets me inject premiums elsewhere.

Lovely work mate.

Chicko · 20/04/2015 at 14:02

Cheers Patch old mate! This year, I suspect there are statements being made that we would never had considered – just like your Mummy to Grundy! It does provide you a significant warchest to combat any unforeseeable events. It is high risk but could be very high reward.

Azza · 21/04/2015 at 21:05

Be very careful with Grundy. If/When Witts comes back in the Collingwood lineup his points could drop dramatically.

throttlefinger · 20/04/2015 at 12:49

Gold, Chicko! Having a really issue with the new ruck rules. It doesn't fairly reflect the impact of the rucks on the game. But that's not for me to question the reasons why.

So I have a red zoner in Mummy. In this topsy turvy new ruck world, the most sensible thing to do is offload him and get a player, who while plays a considerably more sloppy and less impactful type of game, will get me a 85-90 score as my R2.

Mummy for Grundy. I think I'm going to be sick.

Thanks for shining an extra bright light on this dilemma. Well done, my friend.

Chicko · 20/04/2015 at 14:04

Thanks Throtts! I can hear your pain from Brooklyn my man. As with Patch, there are moves this year you would have labelled sheer madness. But sometimes in the midst of chaos the answer becomes blindingly clear. Back your insight, you have much of it, and I know you will make the right call.

WombatsFC · 20/04/2015 at 19:43

Don't do it Throttle.
    With the change to ruck scoring SC is more reflective of the impact/influence that rucks have on the game. Being tall and able to touch the ball in a protected one-on-one contest is not a skill.
    Now for a ruck to dominate they have to be able to direct a tap to a teammate in good position or, they have to be athletic enough to collect possessions around the ground.
    Blicavs is the stand out obvious choice – less hitouts than most other rucks yet higher ave than all but Goldy. Check his SC growth history and save yourself the corrective trade you'd use to upgrade Grundy.

throttlefinger · 20/04/2015 at 21:15

Good points, Wombats. Will definitely consider. Yet Grundy will allow my to go from Goodes to Smith. Blicavs I could get Houli and T-mac. Don't think the others will be a guaranteed top 5 def. Brodie Smith will.

But your excellent point is taking. Thanks, my man.

Dean · 20/04/2015 at 20:29

Throttle mark my word mate as soon as you do this, Mummy will score 110+ and Grundy will start averaging 60's

Personally I don't know why people thought Mummy would go HUGE after reading about the new Ruck scoring system way before the season proper started.

I'm glad I chose Goldy & Nic Nat – I really thought Nic Nat was far to cheap to ignore mainly due to his durability around the ground, he isn't your average true Ruckman so to speak.

If you are seriously considering trading out the Mummy and if you don't have Nic Nat I would trade Mummy for Nic Nat way before trading in Grundy even though he looks good at the moment.
    Granted the Mummy to Nic Nat trade will only pocket you a extra $90k as opposed to a extra $195k if you went Mummy to Grundy. However that being said who do you see scoring consistently over the next 20 rounds because that's the question we must be asking ourselves as this is a marathon not a sprint.

It's not easy – Good luck no mater which way you go mate.

throttlefinger · 20/04/2015 at 21:18

Hey Dean. Yeah, Mummy was a bad move. Yet didn't think he was a bad pick because he did other things very well. But his tackles and disposals have been down so it has contributed to the low scores. He played well very Swans yet it's not shown in score.

NicNat is a consideration. Blicavs is too. Grundy still on radar. Has the ability and confidence is growing. Like I said above, the capper in going Grundy is it allows be to bring in brodie Smith for Goodes. I don't see any other def at this point who looks a lock for top 5 def (maybe Hodges but you know he's going to get rested at some point).

Appreciate the thoughts, Dean!

OldOcker · 21/04/2015 at 02:41

G'day TF, Trading in rucks I am not sure about. Mummy is a different story though with his price.
    See what I wrote a few comments down.

My worry with Grundy would be that when Collingwood decide to go with 2 rucks Jarrod Witts who was their No 1 Ruck last year comes back into the frame. Will this affect Grundy's scores? OR maybe even game time.
    2014 Witts played 20 games.
    2014 Grundy played 15 games

Not trying to put you off but just some food for thought.
    Good luck in your decision making.
    Cheers.

Hindsight is a great thing but “I have no desire to suffer twice, in reality and then in retrospect.”

throttlefinger · 21/04/2015 at 03:23

Very, very true, my wise friend. Have to write down those words and mount them over my computer.

I've settled down a wee bit and will probably keep him. Need to make my peace with the fact I knew there was a risk picking him. He's still in the top 7 and will probably end up in the top 5 rucks. I have Goldy so can live with Mummy average 90.

Will use the trade to jettison Bartel. Leaning toward Martin. Tasty numbers and his value will skyrocket.

OldOcker · 21/04/2015 at 03:50

I know I should not assume but I take it you are talking of the Jack variety.
        Doing this year what people were hoping for last year, Has a lot of class and should make some $ But probably needs an upgrade later but you never know.
        I like the kid.

throttlefinger · 21/04/2015 at 04:12

Yeah, I do too, Ocker.

Sideways to Buddy or another clear top 5 fwd will be the hope. If Jack turns out to be a top 8 fwd, may keep. See how it plays out. Kid does a lot of things very well.

OldOcker · 21/04/2015 at 03:55

Just looked at your team.
        Why not go straight to Franklin? It would save you a trade going straight to another keeper.

throttlefinger · 21/04/2015 at 04:10

Goodes to Brodie Smith is the move I really want to make. Buddy will give a spud soon. Will pounce later. Maybe Jack will help make that sideways trade possible.

Funk · 22/04/2015 at 18:05

Just have to hope Witts ate the same "steak" as Keefe – and "bingo" – problem solved

General Soreness · 20/04/2015 at 12:51

Brilliant work Chicko, whilst not ecstatic I am not unhappy with the Golden Mullet combo and will hold. Purely on the basis that even if I wanted to I am not confident of what I would be trading into. The only must have is Goldy imo.

Chicko · 20/04/2015 at 14:05

Legend General, I am in that same Golden mullet boat with you. One of the oars is working perfectly, the other just getting by. I'm sitting tight for now.

harbl100 · 20/04/2015 at 16:28

I've got the Golden Mullet with one in the Chamber. I'll also be sticking with it for now.

Sarah · 21/04/2015 at 09:31

I've got the same combo too General. I think I'm pretty happy with my set and forget combo for the time being. I'll just let them keep on keeping on and worry about the other lines.

Pavos · 20/04/2015 at 12:56

Grundy is going to play second ruck to witts

Westy · 20/04/2015 at 13:01

Mummy to Grundy

Goodes to Swan via Goddard swing.

Chicko · 20/04/2015 at 14:05

Could be a strong move their Westy. Goodes to Swan is an excellent trade.

chris · 20/04/2015 at 13:04

ok guys..

so i have nic nat and mummy in the ruck. then have bellchambers in the forward line..
my worries other than rucks are griffen, priddis, newnes and b. goodes..

do you think this is smart..
swap TBC into ruck
trade mumford for bontempelli
trade griffen to anyone, have cash for any mid.

General Soreness · 20/04/2015 at 13:06

TBC into ruck and Mummy to Bont is a solid option Chris. 1 trade corrects two problems and generates cash for upgrades. However I think Goldy is must have ruck.

Winter · 20/04/2015 at 13:04

I have Maric + Minson who aren't doing great but not doing terrible. Looking to upgrade Minson to Goldstein in the next few weeks though, thoughts?

Redgumwon · 20/04/2015 at 13:17

I'm in a similar boat with Maric and Nic Nat. Both are going steady and I will trade up to Goldy if and when an Injury occurs. No point wasting trades on rucks if you don't have to

We're all well and truly rucked · 20/04/2015 at 13:06

I started the year with the Goldy/Mumford quinella. Thankfully my only trade last week was Mumford down to Nic Nat. Bartel was a solid hit to my score I don’t think I could have taken a beating from Mumford as well.

chandanrajdb · 20/04/2015 at 13:13

Hello Community,

What to do with IVAN MARIC? HOLD or FOLD? trades I am thinking of doing this week…..

OUT: Maric & Lambert

IN: Grundy or Blicavs and Krakouer

Thoughts would be much appreciated…..

Cheers,
Raj…..

throttlefinger · 20/04/2015 at 13:16

Good plan, Raj. Go with it!

themisfitssc · 20/04/2015 at 13:17

hold mate maric is fit and scores will be reliable.

We're all well and truly rucked · 20/04/2015 at 13:17

Save the trade

Assuming Ivan is your second ruck thi year you’d have to be happy with a 80-95ave which is what you’d get from him.

Trade lambert to Krak just to have a playing bench cover.

Tylo · 20/04/2015 at 16:32

Would be worried about Krak holding his spot when Impey returns

Sarah · 21/04/2015 at 09:59

Maric is scoring reasonably well so I'd hold him (and am holding him myself). It's worthwhile seeing Krakouer play another game and picking him up when he's on the bubble.

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 12:17

Maric is a slow starter. His scores should improve as the season progresses.

lincoln · 20/04/2015 at 13:25

i to have Goldy and Maric too.. not unhappy with Maric but tempted by Blicvas

lincoln · 20/04/2015 at 13:29

The temptation with Blitz is he isnt near the ruck..

OldOcker · 20/04/2015 at 13:29

Chicko, You missed a color. GOLD great write up mate. I have Goldy and Sandi with the idea that even if one did not perform they are at least warm bodies on the ground that would give me an average of 90. Trading in rucks was not a plan for me this year, Injuries are the only thing that we cannot predict but have to be ready for. Regardless of their scores I will not trade in the rucks barring injury.
Trading down now could lead to disaster if injury hits.
I got lucky last year and had Jacobs and Sandi. (No Ruck Trades)
Previous years the Rucks have cost me 4 trades with injuries.
Be Very cautious you could be trading into trouble.

Save your trades for the real point scoring Guns.

Cheers.

Chicko · 20/04/2015 at 14:08

OldOcker old mate, coming from you that is indeed the highest of praises! Thank you kind SIr. As much as I am tempted to move Maric to Grundy, I am with you, it seems like I might be forcing a trade that is not required and may be inviting trouble. The more creative side of me thinks of the wonderful things I could do with the extra cash in my midfield. At this stage, I remain cautious. Thanks again mate.

@RyanRhino14 · 20/04/2015 at 13:35

I'm considering trading Maric to Grundy

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 14:40

I would save your trade. Maric undisputed no 1 ruck at richmond while there are still questions over grundys role once witts returns. Could be wrong but I’m backing maric to ave 85-95 for the season, grundy is too much of a gamble at this stage for long term JS.

@RyanRhino14 · 20/04/2015 at 15:32

Thanks for the response. I'm not 100% on doing it for the exact same reasons that you just said and I probably won't do it because it's not something I have to do

Daniel · 20/04/2015 at 13:38

Cracking write up. Good stuff.

Even though I've got a lot of cash tied up, I'm sitting reasonably happy with a Goldy-Nat combo with TBC cover up FWD.
Went with a set and forget approach, will see how it ends up.

r2d2 · 20/04/2015 at 13:45

Also have tbc up fwd as cover , and reasonably happy at this stage , keep your set up mate

Conan the Westy · 20/04/2015 at 13:53

I’m with you Daniel.
    The smugness that threatened to creep up on me about my ruck selections has been kept at bay by some less than stellar performances in other areas of my team.

dustbin feltchers · 20/04/2015 at 14:31

same same Daniel…I am happy with my goldy nat read on bench combo…but it really grinds my gears having bellendchambers stinking up my forward line for a 60-70 every week….was hoping he would average 80 odd. …was it a gift from the gods that bottomsmelli didn't play and therefore didn't rise in price?? maybe bellend to bottom smelli…give krakouer another week, he will come in for lamb..

OXnFOX · 20/04/2015 at 15:08

I believe it's *Krackwhore

r2d2 · 20/04/2015 at 13:40

Have Nic Nat and maric,,, while output has not been terrific , it not that bad that I want too trade , hold your trades in ruck area I say , unless Injury strikes …… 80-95 avg is solid enough in my opinion

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 14:33

I have the same rucks and agree. I was looking at smith at one stage but common sense prevailed so I think I will hold. An 86 average isn’t too bad and although he will drop cash, I don’t think a trade is needed. Would rather save the trade and upgrade another line. Only trade if you are looking at a significant points increase or because of injury. 30 trades goes fairly quickly.

G · 20/04/2015 at 13:42

Will Bartel drop in price? Even though he has just played 2 games and won’t play next week?

OldOcker · 20/04/2015 at 13:57

His price will not change until he plays again but it is certain to drop after his next game with a break even of about 230.

LEKD0G · 20/04/2015 at 13:59

Not until he plays his 3rd game

Chicko · 20/04/2015 at 14:09

Hi G, he won't drop in price until he plays another game, so his value remains the same. A blessing in disguise. You can hold him until you nut out what trade you want to do and use his full value to advantage.

NicNatPaddyWack · 20/04/2015 at 13:45

Have no clue what to do with Mummy, any suggestions lads?

LEKD0G · 20/04/2015 at 13:59

I think I'm just gonna take the hits and keep him

NicNatPaddyWack · 20/04/2015 at 14:56

Also thinking about just holding, theres really no point wasting another trade and he's not the worst ruck out there. If he does miss a week through his report I might consider trading him to Goldy.

Holty · 20/04/2015 at 15:28

With you Lekdog. He will depreciate in value but still see him as a top 4 ruckman by seasons end. Yes, you will make some money with the Mummy to Grundy trade but by seasons end, I'm sure Grundy will be traded again for a keeper. The question is, is it worth the extra trade? For me it's a no.

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 15:02

First two scores were 98 and 108. Played against sydney with phillips helping with pyke/tippett which won’t be the case every week. I don’t have him but would hold if I did.

Rick Grimes · 20/04/2015 at 14:17

Biclavs. Don't know anything about him. Seems to fit the non-traditional Ruck mold that is working this year?

derek · 20/04/2015 at 14:34

he kicked a goal very late in the game on the weekend that scores over 30+ SC points. has played all over the ground but not really as a ruckman. I know Higgo rates him highly

NutSack · 20/04/2015 at 19:58

Blicavs is an ex Australian athlete.

My understanding of him is that before playing AFL he played 14 games of footy as a junior… and never played a game of senior football in his life before playing AFL level. Also I understand that in one of his 1st 3 games a s a senior he scored over SC points rucking against Sandi in a practise match.

Anyway the bloke is a gun and is more of a midfielder than a ruckmen. Given he has not played football all his life like most players he will continue to become better and better and may even be a SC must have in the next 2-3 years.

There's nohing but great wraps on the bloke.

Ohh yeah- what I said about his junior days and praccy match against Sandi is from memory of something I heard years ago so will stand corrected on the exact figures.

NutSack · 20/04/2015 at 19:59

* over 100 SC points against Sandi

slip · 20/04/2015 at 14:41

Gone Mumford – Blicavs
Wines – Sloane

thoughts?

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 14:55

I like the second one just don’t know if you should be jumping off mumford just yet. Leon Cameron said before the sydney game he was bringing in phillips to help mumford with the Pyke/ Tippett combo. I don’t think this will be the case every game meaning mumfords first two scores of the year (98 &108) will be more accurate to his season average.

mick · 20/04/2015 at 15:13

thanks kano are u sure

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 17:48

Never 100% in anything supercoach as its all speculative but tomlinson was pinch hitting in the ruck before he went down injured (12 weeks) so there is a spot but judging on phillips being subbed off I think they might look at another forward or a ruck that is more versatile than phillips and hold down a forward spot rather than contest centre bounces occasionally and have no impact anywhere else.

Locked and Loaded · 21/04/2015 at 20:22

Kano I will be going Mumford to Blicavs also. Allows me to upgrade Goodes the Goose to Brodie Smith

derek · 20/04/2015 at 14:47

I have a question for all you high achievers!

We are only 3 weeks into the season, I'm already over 400 points off the pace, but my team doesn't look much different to the guys at the very top. What has been the reason that you guys are already at the pointy end of the ladder?

Did you just get the Emergencies right? was it your ruck combination? was it McDonald in Defence? please share with the community (plus what your current rank is)

mick · 20/04/2015 at 15:01

same derek 500 pts behind no use holding trades if this keeps up

Dean · 20/04/2015 at 22:56

Being 500 points behind, is not a huge deal at this point in the game. Last weeks #1 Frank only scored 2045 this week he is now ranked 36th overall.

I was ranked 4,334 overall last week and this week I am ranked 984 overall, I am still behind the leader by 422 points.

That just goes to show you even when your 500 points behind the leader ALL you need is a few huge scores to put you right back in the game. I wouldn't be throwing the towel in yet, this is a very long marathon not a sprint…

r2d2 · 20/04/2015 at 15:04

Top 5 pc,,, and I think nailing rooks helped big time ! And not over spending in def with likes of kelly t hunt in my side has helped too , 2 ultra premos in mid , ultra being above 600k and then a spread of 520-560 k players , but now have to trade ollie unfortunately

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 15:09

I’m around the same as you but have got my starting rookies wrong in the first two rounds (mcintosh rd 1 bench, oxley rd 2 bench plus a few more) which have costed me around 350 total points.getting your starting rookies right to start I think would be the main difference as everyone has at least 10 of the same players on their teams.

derek · 20/04/2015 at 15:41

I calculated that I could have improved my score by 227 if I had the Bench correct (Oxley yet to be on my field). I could have improved my score by 58 if I had the correct captain each week. 98 points if I had E on CEY when SMitchell was a late out (took a Donut)

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 18:02

That’s a fairly solid effort considering you copped a donut. I would have traded mitchell out due to the fact you have trades. Even as a hawk fan I don’t have mitchell, burnt me last year and falls into my simon goodwin rule (dont pick a veteran that is one injury away from retirement). Picked him last year and paid the price. Sounds like you have a fairly good team though. With a donut and those adjustments you stated, you wouldn’t be far off at all.

derek · 20/04/2015 at 18:17

the late out of Sam was annoying. I had Cripps on field but he missed the game on Friday but I didn't know prior to lockout, I had the E on Vandenberger to cover Cripps. I didn't want to put another E on CEY because then I would hve got the lower of the two E's. then Sam was a late but CEY had already played the day before so I couldn't put the E on him. I lost 6 matches that week by less than 98.

I am a Hawks Fan, and made a promise not to have any hawks in my team (burns me every year) but Sammy just looked too god value to miss, he is my stepping stone to a fallen premium

Holty · 20/04/2015 at 16:08

As everyone has said, getting the starting rookies right and keeping out of trouble with your premiums is important. I was 278 overall after rd 2 and now blown out to 7500. Reason is I had Bartel, Parker, Wines, Bonts and in some cases went Mummy over Goldy. And I dont have Sloane which is a big reason.

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 17:50

Still early days, positions fly up and down with one good week. Had emergency loophole donuts in Goddard (h) and krakouer for, for first two rounds, helps with picking the right rookies while things settle

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 17:51

Assuming most high ranking teams did this sort of thing, costs a trade but good starts are priceless. That said I’m only ranked just inside top 10k

derek · 20/04/2015 at 18:23

does anyone know where last years winner was after 3 round?

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 19:50

Would be interested to know as well Derek, in fact where any of last years top ten were after 3 rounds would be interesting. Just so we know if there is hope……

marty · 21/04/2015 at 07:52

Not sure on last year but 2013 winner John Bruyn was positioned about 6000 after round two. About 1800 after round three. His team was then set and injury free.

marty · 21/04/2015 at 07:57

2013 winner was still in 64,000 position after round two with correctional trades done. More correctional trades and a good week saw him at 3000 after round three.

marty · 21/04/2015 at 10:47

Last one should read 2012 winner

NutSack · 20/04/2015 at 20:04

Most of its luck mate. But some skill as well. Most people who play SC A> never watch every game of footy each week to watch the players, B> know nothing about the players in their teams or who they are bringing in, C> basically know nothing about footy other than watching their own team, D> pick their SC teams based on stats and avges and don't take into the "real person" and their work/training ethics etc and E> try and chase last weeks points.

The big factors of luck though are the rookies you have on the field- and that's the way it goes. You can have an identical team to the top team but if you choose the wrong 8 rookies to have on the field and the wrong C choice then there goes 200+ points a week.

mick · 20/04/2015 at 15:03

mumford tbc mummy to goldstein this week

Luviboy1 · 20/04/2015 at 15:42

Currently ranked 903 and happy with all aspects of my team and plan to hold Parker and Mummy. But is Tex worth a hold? I started with him, but his recent output hasn't been very good.

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 16:13

#903 you have nailed it. It’s about points not $ w.r.t to keepers once you’ve got them. I don’t have Tex and ruled out cloke, cousin roo, et al under the no KPF rule. (Which doesn’t apply to Franklin). These mid price KPF’s are stepping stones. Roughhead may qualify for exemption due to the variable roles he plays. Suggest stomping on the head of those stepping stones when the cash is available. Texas’ R1 score won’t stay in his price for long.

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 16:26

Although atm I cant find enough fwd line keepers. Gray, Swan, Dusty, Buddy. A fit lids and Bartel qualify but that’s not a world we are in. Who else do you think qualifies?

Luviboy1 · 20/04/2015 at 16:40

Think you have listed them all. Its yet to be known whether the Bont is a keeper. Maybe a Dalhaus, maybe a Betts. But as far as keepers go, at the end of the season I see my forward line looking exactly they way you described.

Crowmagnon · 20/04/2015 at 17:52

Roughy?

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 22:36

May just get the KPF exemption….maybe. Must be close!

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 17:59

Goddard once he kicks into gear/ bottoms out

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 22:35

Yeah, can see Goddard making the grade. Good pick up.

derek · 20/04/2015 at 18:22

I have a no KPF rule as well, but somehow Travis Cloke found his way into my team. I blame Jocks magazine….read a great article about the Shark move. Also a great article about the Bruyen move…put them together and got the Cloke in. I just want 1 monster score from him (he almost gave that to me on Friday if he could kick straight) to jump in value and boost me into a falling Buffalo (another great article) around the byes.

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 22:50

There is certainly justification around them as a stepping stone. Agreed *insert higgo voice here* I run a pretty stricter version though. Which does leave me open, but saves a sh!t load of headaches.

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 22:50

Open to being smashed that is.

Timbo · 20/04/2015 at 16:36

I have 2 red liners in Mumford and Martin and I am very keen to trade one of them for Goldy, despite both being injury free (although Mummy could be in trouble at the tribunal). But I also have another issue with both Priddis and Parker both playing below par.

As much as I would like to trade one of my rucks I think I will sit tight and not waste any trades in this area. But it is time for either Priddis or Parker to go. My gut feeling is to keep Parker as he has the added value of scoring goals during games. What are your thoughts?

Marco_Polo94 · 20/04/2015 at 17:25

All 4 are premiums and all 4 should come good. Martin now has no luey so we could see an increase in his output. Mummy has just been cleared by the tribunal so he is good to play. Last week he scored 97 points in 3 quarters so i'm hoping he starts banging out big games soon. Parker has looked ginger since his concussion and i think you have to just sit tight and ride the wave, many coaches will be looking to bring him in when his price drops. Priddis i dunno, i wasn't a fan of him at the start but you obviously selected him for a reason over other 600k premiums so again just sit tight.

Timbo · 20/04/2015 at 18:15

Thanks Marco Polo for your detailed reply. Great news about Mummy being cleared. I agree about Parker, he hasn't looked quite right since his concussion in round one. I chose Priddis as point of difference over other premium midfielders but unfortunately, that manoeuvre has paid off. Priddis' price has already dropped a fair bit so I might just need to be a bit patient and hang to him.

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 22:59

Having previously suffered a bad concussion I'm super weary of concussion victims. Check out Lewis's scores post he previous concussion. In an interview he said he wasn't right for 3 games after it. I wasn't 'right' for a lot longer. After 1 month I hadn't regained coordination properly or judgement. But once you come good, you can perform a high levels again, its just a matter of time. Just don't bet against long-term brain damage. Another rule I run is always trade out concussion players if they have been subbed/should have been subbed. I only consider them 4 weeks later. Hope that helps with the Parker situation.

randomcliche · 20/04/2015 at 23:02

As an aside, I'd suggest that Bartel may have positioned his body quicker and better if not for concussion two weeks prior. Just saying, there are risks with concussion, like all other injuries.

Tyler · 20/04/2015 at 16:47

At least some of you can think about correcting the rucks or your rookies, but I’m stuck trading out injuried player ever week (Rockcliff, Ablett, Bartel, Wines, Sidebottom)

Luviboy1 · 20/04/2015 at 16:51

Haha I feel for you my man. Just hang in there. Sounds like the Supercoach gods have struck you down hard, but theres only one place you can go now.

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 13:32

I've copped four of those but not Wines. It makes the petulant sideways trade talk very hard to bear.

Mister_Spock · 20/04/2015 at 16:56

I'm in the 2% that took McEvoy – was completely fooled by a couple of decent NAB outings. It's now clear that he's spending a lot more time up forward (he managed only 23 hitouts in his first two games!). Bleeding cash at the moment, and can't see the point of sticking fat for 60-70 points each week. Gonna pull the trigger, but unsure of Grundy, Blicavs or Smith at this stage – mid-pricers who could just as easily stink it up

Doc2Drej · 20/04/2015 at 17:06

Blicavs =

Doc2Drej · 20/04/2015 at 17:07

Bad for supercoach

derek · 20/04/2015 at 18:11

it depends on who you have your eye on. If you want to get Mummy, I would wait a few weeks because even though Big Boy is bleeding cash, as long as it is at a slower rate that the one you want to get in you are ok to wait a bit. however if it is other way around, and your target player is holding or going up, you need to move now.

Mister_Spock · 20/04/2015 at 20:44

Apart from Goldy, there aren't many premiums performing at the moment – potentially because of the new scoring system. I've also got to correct Wines and Bartel, so I'm thinking Bid Boy down to Grundy and bring in Dusty for Bartel. Leaves me with enough cash the following week to bring in Jelwood for Wines. The way I see it is that with the new scoring system, Grundy can be either a keeper, or a stepping stone to a proven premium after 7-8 rounds (most likely Goldy)

Tyler · 20/04/2015 at 16:58

Is it a good idea to put the use captains loophole on swanny instead of fyfe, considering his previous performances on Anzac day?

Marco_Polo94 · 20/04/2015 at 17:21

What i'm doing this week.

Luviboy1 · 20/04/2015 at 17:32

Expect Swan to go HUGE again this week, though Fyfe should have a decent game too, facing Sydney.

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 14:17

Swan's won two Anzac day medals and Pendlebury has also won two.

Harry · 20/04/2015 at 17:03

Looking for possible players to bring in for Malceski & Lycett? And should I keep Kieren Jack? Please help

Luviboy1 · 20/04/2015 at 17:23

For Malceski: Hodge, Smith, Shaw, McDonald
    For Lycett in RUCK: Grundy, Smith, Blicavs (although I'd heavily advise against any of these rucks)
    For Lycett in FWD: Dusty, Swan, Gray, Bont, Roughie, Buddy, Dalhaus.

Doc2Drej · 20/04/2015 at 17:05

Community, I have a plethora of underperforming players in my team, would like to know which ones to trade out this week.

These players are: Higgins, Newnes, Brown, Goodes, Griffen, Lambert, Maric and Bartel.

Obviously some are in more urgent need of trading than others, and these players are on the list due to them either not performing anywhere near as well as I had hoped (Higgins, Newnes, Maric), them bleeding cash (Goodes, Griffen), them being injured (Lambert, Bartel) or them simply being spuds (Brown).

I think I can hold Brown and Lambert on the pine, and Higgins, Newnes and Maric aren’t playing THAT badly, but Bartel is out for 6-10 and Goodes and Griffen have already lost about 20k each. Traded out Hallahan and Cripps last week for Shiel (who I think will come good) and McGrath, and I don’t have the bont in my current side. I also have 80k to spend.

Any feedback would be much appreciated

Cheers

Doc2Drej · 20/04/2015 at 17:12

Also I’m spewing I went against my gut and left out Lachie Neale and Jack Martin, had them all preseason but went for Judd instead of Neale and my structure meant I couldn’t fit in Martin. Both of them rose about 40k each

Luviboy1 · 20/04/2015 at 17:16

Think you've answered your question to some extent.

Bartel is definitely your first priority this week.

Im going to assume you have all the right defense rookies, them being Saad, Oxley and McIntosh, so no need to trade out Brown and Goodes. Lambert is good for a loophole (the reason Im keeping him).

I'd trade out Griffo. He just dosent look good imo. Looks rather disinterested.

I'd get in one of these FWD premiums: Dusty, Gray, Swan, Franklin, Bont, and as for your MID, you'd be looking at another sideways. Plenty of good options in the 500-550k range, or if you're willing to go cheaper in FWD, get in a Sloane, Fyfe, Lewis, Pendles type player.

Pavos · 20/04/2015 at 18:45

Higgins is not underperforming

bontemgasmic · 20/04/2015 at 19:17

exactly – Higgins you paid for 76pts and he is giving you 89 avg – good enough for a D5/6 any year.

Newnes is getting plenty of the pill – I would wait on him

Brown – you must have know when you took him he wouldn't score well – he is to be used as a D8 who can be cover as he will play every week.

Griffen looks like being a rollercoaster – I have him and will hold for the moment – capable of huge scores

NutSack · 20/04/2015 at 20:06

Bartel has to go (and lucky for you his price hasn't changed yet) and you should've sorted Lambert out this week with the 10 odd cheapy options in the mids/fwd. Lambert is out for 6 weeks and Bartel could be likewise

dognino · 20/04/2015 at 17:14

Mummy has been cleared by the MRP so I'll be holding him, tempting to go to Goldstein but trades are priceless, especially with all the LTIs occurring this season. Have Bartel in my forwards who needs to go, looking at either buddy or roughy , buddy is looking to have a massive run soon , but roughy is just as capable of big scores and plays more games per year than buddy, so that's a big upside for me .

Marco_Polo94 · 20/04/2015 at 17:20

Agreed, and considering how fickle rucks are I'm not trading him either. Who knows when the big boys will go down.

derek · 20/04/2015 at 18:07

I really like the look of Buddy. he is playing better than when he was at Hawthorn.

Tippert is crap! this helps Buddy as Roughy would take some of Buddy's points at Hawthorn.

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 18:18

I’m so angry at myself for taking Goddard instead of franklin, just don’t know why I did it, I’m even a swan supporter for f sake! Anyway I’m not sidewaysing but seriously tempted, he will belt out a 150 in the next month I reckon. But goddard’s stats last year were impressive so I’ve gotta give him another month….

Tom · 20/04/2015 at 17:18

who to downgrade Wallis to?

Girdle · 20/04/2015 at 18:22

Lin Jong? Guaranteed job security with Libba and Wallis out. Or straight down to Krakouer to free up cash? P.Cripps will rise in value soon too.

Tom · 20/04/2015 at 19:40

yeah, I was thinking either Krakouer or Van Berlo but will definitely have to consider lin jong now/

Derma147 · 20/04/2015 at 17:48

Hi community I have ruck issues, I've got Jacobs and luenburger in at the moment and im not to sure on what I'm doing yet any advice?

Kano · 20/04/2015 at 18:15

Jacobs still no 1 ruck at adelaide but if you have to then look at goldy. Hold if you can. But get rid of leuy, he’s not even in the team and while he probably will come back, he’s now no 2 or 3 behind martin. I would trade to smith.

Girdle · 20/04/2015 at 18:24

If you can free up cash for Leuey to Goldy then make it happen. If you started with Jacobs then probably best to hold firm. You weren’t thinking of trading him out last week after his 145, were you? He’ll go large again.

Tulendeena · 20/04/2015 at 18:08

So the general consensus is a mummy to goldy trade is not a good idea?

It will be the cheapest to do it now in the whole season, and I don't see nic nat appreciating enough to sideways to goldy

thoughts?

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 18:15

I’ve got no problem with it, but I reckon even goldy will have lean patches

Cameron · 20/04/2015 at 18:22

I'm in the top 0%. Had a pretty good start. Should I get rid of Michael Johnson?

Boggers · 20/04/2015 at 21:24

is there any reason behind wanting to offload him?

derek · 20/04/2015 at 18:36

I just read that Rockliff is a chance to play this week!

Pavos · 20/04/2015 at 18:43

Did you hold him?

derek · 20/04/2015 at 18:51

never had him, was considering getting Beams.

You BloodyRippa · 20/04/2015 at 19:10

I can't see it happening myself….. but for me it does highlight the elephant in the room.
    Rather than look at trading out proven premiums who have had a slow start…..I'm looking at how I get Rocky and Gaz back in when the time is right. Stuff that up and the other moves are just small change.

TOPHAWK1 · 20/04/2015 at 19:10

Yes he is a chance…..avery slight chance!. I think if he does play it would be incredible. He would have to wear a brace to protect his ribs and play in a lot of pain. And he will be targeted by opposition players. I reckon he will miss this week and make his return the following week against the Gold Coast.

Despite his determination to get back out there and being an absolute star, the medical team and coach will make the final call.
    My gut tells me they will decide to keep him on the pine for one more week.

Cheers

Pavos · 20/04/2015 at 18:58

What to do with Tex, I currently have 27 trades left, 2 left this week. He got me 30k along with a BE of 124. Whereas Dusty has a BE of 64. What to do?

Rob · 20/04/2015 at 19:04

looking to trade Jamar.

Would you rather get rid of him and get a 550K Ruck? If so Who?

Or

Get rid of him Switch Ryder from my FWD line to my Ruck and get a 550k Forward? If so who?

Any Suggestions?

Girdle · 20/04/2015 at 19:38

Use Ryder, he’ll get you a solid 85-100 each week for now. Buy Buddy or Gray if you don’t have them

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 19:54

Rob · 20/04/2015 at 20:00

my only concern with franklin is he has a 107 break even and he is play swans. Dont have enough for gray

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 20:09

Buddy a lock for top 6 forward imo (top ten at worst), b/e not that important if your planning on keeping a player. Once they are in they are in

Girdle · 20/04/2015 at 21:25

Agreed, Swans2012! Buddy is threatening to bust some games open in the near future. Possibly not against Freo but he is definitely in top 6 fwds, especially with Lids and Bartel injured

Pavos · 20/04/2015 at 19:05

What to do with Tex? Trade or hold, is there more in him or is 30k enough

bontemgasmic · 20/04/2015 at 19:21

Depends – Why did you have him in your starting team

was he to be a keeper or a stepping stone?

Marco_Polo94 · 20/04/2015 at 19:22

When you selected him you had to realise KPF go up and down. Hold for a bit longer i reckon.

TOPHAWK1 · 20/04/2015 at 19:47

Hold.

He is in my side as well. I am going to watch him the next 2 rounds before the next price changes. If he screws up, then I will re consider. I reckon he will fire up as he is the captain of the crows and he can play. And a very cosy draw till the byes.

Cheers

Swans2012 · 20/04/2015 at 19:53

Sorry hawk but prices change every week now…. No watching and waiting….

Tom · 20/04/2015 at 19:42

do I trade Wallis or Lambert to Krakouer? Currently have lamb and lambert on my bench in the forward line which is risky if I need coverage.

I will probably wait a week for Krak but what are everyones thoughts?

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 13:38

I'm thinking I'll trade lambert to kraqour this week then swing krak up to my mids when i chop miller from my team. I know i could wait a week for kraqour however i'm confident he will get enough games to accrue value and i have alternative trading plans for next week.

Jdogg · 21/04/2015 at 13:46

I am in the same boat. I was going to hold however Bont gave me a zero last week (which cost me the win) so I am going with Krak for cover.

Funk · 20/04/2015 at 19:45

Had Goldy from the start – already bit the bullet last week ands dumped Maric for Grundy – very glad I did now.

However also had Bartel and Wallis – a different headache to resolve!

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:30

Bartel has to go. Might be able to cover Wallis for a few weeks with the decent rookie mid cover.

Mac · 20/04/2015 at 19:49

Not sure what trades to do this week, or if I need to do any at all.

Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Kolo, Goodes, Saad, McIntosh, Oxley
Fyfe, Selwood, JPK, Parker, Beams, Cripps, CEY, Heeney, Steele, Miller, Vandenberg
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Hogan, Clark, Lonie, Lambert

Only used one trade and have $124,000 in the bank. Thoughts?

Rob · 20/04/2015 at 20:36

Would try to Upgrade Kolo to someone who is going to get you 80-100 a week.

Mac · 20/04/2015 at 20:39

Like who? I can afford Lumumba, Docherty?

Rob · 20/04/2015 at 20:45

Would Probably go Lumumba due to Low BE and A very good kick of the footy. Had the Tag last week and still scored 110

Boggers · 20/04/2015 at 21:27

what about McDonald from Melbourne

Juzzy · 21/04/2015 at 01:11

Or wait a week and don't trade.
    Are you sure that the Prince and Doc will go bigger than KK for the next few weeks ?
    If so go for it.
    I have KK but will hold for the moment as I can't target a reliable replacement.

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 10:41

You almost same position as me. No great worries. No rush on Lambert to Krakour trade, won’t change price for another week.

I am tempted to trade out KK to Birchell but will probably hold as KK is capable of scoring a lot better than he has.

KK will lose more cash but so will a lot other defenders. As long as KK cash loss is same or better than your target players you are gaining cash.

Rhino · 21/04/2015 at 20:44

Maybe consider KK to Hooker – he’s started the season well and appears to be holding down a valuable role in the Bombers structure, seeing a fair bit of the pill and taking a fair count of marks in the defensive half. Floggard also singled him out as a player that has finally “got” what it takes to play at the elite level. Decent POD too.

Jack · 20/04/2015 at 20:06

Trading out Malceski & Lycett and need help on which players to bring in.
Malceski options: McDonald, Docherty, Rance, Hodge
Lycett Options: Minson, Blicavs, Grundy, Smith
Please help

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 10:35

Do you have Smith, Shaw and Simpson? If not, take pick.

eatemalive · 20/04/2015 at 20:39

Deledio unlikely to play this week , do i trade or hold ? i can do Fwd or Mid !

Girdle · 20/04/2015 at 21:21

Take him out. Get in Gray or Buddy if you haven’t got them. Lids will struggle to be top 6-8 fwd with all these niggles

Tom · 20/04/2015 at 21:11

Wallis only out for 2 weeks…

trade or Hold?

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:30

Hold.

Phil · 20/04/2015 at 21:22

Sloane Fyfe or Buddy for Bartel? All 3 will be in my team at some stage but which one first? Sloane has the easier game this week

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 10:33

Fyfe. I’m still worried about Sloane losing points to Thompson and Dangerfield.

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:27

Fyfe or Sloane, can't look passed the scoring potential of the top end midfielders. Buddy for Bartel is a good trade for those who already have Fyfe and Sloane but think there will be further opportunities to get Buddy around his current price later on.

cow roll · 21/04/2015 at 16:53

Fyfe for the long run coz he's harder to tag than Sloane. Also Fyfe is better than his team mates at contested possessions.

Brook · 20/04/2015 at 21:43

Great article … I think further analysis on the scoring breakdown of these high performing mid pricers would be interesting. I briefly considered zsmith as a mid price option based on the fact that he had a good mid field around him (therefore, more hits to advantage) but backed out based on his reputation as a burnman. Eventually started with Goldy and Minson, but traded Minson out last week for the Bont (via TBC) before I knew he was a late out. Was disappointing but I do now have the option of almost a straight swap for Bont in Round 6 to a ruck keeper (aiming for Jacobs). However, I initially traded bontempelli in as a fwd keeper, which I am still very much hoping for, but good to have another option if he stinks it up over the next two weeks. This was not really in my thought process initially but it does show how the premo rucks all seemed to have dived (as many we're predicting) and I am glad that i withdrew my cash before the crash hit (albeit with an unexpected donut into the bargain!). Once again, this game takes us on an unexpected journey!

shane · 20/04/2015 at 21:50

I spent BIG in rucks this year, hoping to use Mummy as a shark move and move him on rnd 5-6. I started Mummy and Goldy with TBC at f4, I have decided enough is enough. I had Krakour at M10 so I am trading Mummy, swing TBC to ruck, Krakour to FWD line and effectively trade Mummy for Sloane (Should have done this last week, decided to give him another go, had the money but spent my 2 trades getting the right rookies.) This has cost me 80k on the trade but I think the rookie will make that up. These gives me 6 mids in Pendles, Fyfe, Sloane, Lewis, JPK and Selwood with only GAJ and Rocky to come. So from here on out I'll look to upgrade Salem/Hogan/Clarke to a premo ruck and bring TBC back to FWD and probably fill the Mids last now.

Brook · 20/04/2015 at 22:06

I think that's a good move … you will make that cash back through your rookies and I think you were also right to give him one more chance while u consolidated your rookies. And now your mids are looking super strong … We will just need to hold our breath on goldy and tbc for the next few weeks!

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 10:29

I doubt TBC is a keeper. I’m hoping a few more weeks and upgrade him to a fallen premium.

Trading out a premium now means you will need to use another trade later to get a premium back in. Don’t do it.

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 11:14

TBC I'm hoping will be a keeper for me on my bench. 🙂

Brook · 21/04/2015 at 14:16

I agree tbc is a bench keeper. You ultimately want him as your f7. I can see myself flicking him into R2 and back again maybe a couple of times, but I want him all year for cover. The other option is to upgrade him to Ryder at some stage as a fwd keeper but not sold on that yet

Sam Loy · 20/04/2015 at 22:23

Awesome write-up.
However, TBC's starting price is wrong in the table. This makes his "happy factor" even higher.
Cheers.

SCaddict · 20/04/2015 at 23:59

Yeah happy factor should be 14.7.

Seaice · 21/04/2015 at 00:27

Nice article here. Great info.

Downgrade the minion to the blitz having goldie in my team already.

G · 21/04/2015 at 07:35

Hooker or Houli or Birchel ??

Please help

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:22

Birchall.

Brook · 21/04/2015 at 14:29

Birchall just but still too early to tell. I will be resisting temptation to upgrade this week i think. It was about this time last year I took breust after a good start and he was a pain all season

Will · 21/04/2015 at 07:53

I currently have Maric and Nic Nat and I’m considering a sideways trade of Maric to Goldy.

Right move? Or just blowing a trade?

Donavan · 21/04/2015 at 10:05

Goldly is a must have in the rucks.

His averaging more than 20 points per game more than the next best ruckman.

Will · 23/04/2015 at 09:45

Cheers

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:21

Goldy is looking like a must have but whether he's a priority this week depends on your team and other more pressing issues. Also depends on how many trades you have left. I get the impression a lot of people have blown 2 trades every week so far which is asking for trouble later on in the season.

Will · 23/04/2015 at 09:46

I have used 2 trades (Goodes for Oxley and GAJ for Sloane). I don't have any premiums injured and my rookie stocks are looking really good. If I don't make the Maric > Goldy trade, i won't be needing to trade at all.

Johnny · 21/04/2015 at 07:56

Does anyone know how the hell you can design your own Guernsey like every other year please!? Cannot work it out

CJay · 21/04/2015 at 09:55

Just click on the Guernsey mate. Just to the right of the home icon.

Leon · 21/04/2015 at 08:11

Should I trade Malceski to McDonald & Lycett to Blicavs ? If not, who do you think i should trade in?

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:18

If you've go injuries to fix I'd be holding trades unless you still have all 28-30 trades up your sleeve. Who knows what carnage this weekend will bring.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2015 at 09:09

Lycette to Grundy or biclavs. This guy is killing me.

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2015 at 10:26

All pre season predictions were 90 Avg without Cox in the team??? 40 last week ahhhhhhhh.

cow roll · 21/04/2015 at 16:59

BLICAVS, coz he gets more balls.

yeah i was expecting lycett to get at least 90 Ave but he got stuck in the forward line. 🙁

Tman · 21/04/2015 at 10:33

Help pls commnity. My team needs open heart surgery to revive itself.

Wines to pendles or jelwood?

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 11:13

Both will be in your team by the end of the year. Pendles has a BE of 151 so will drop in price this week, joel has a BE of 108. But it really doesn't matter which you choose.

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:16

Jelwood, mainly because Pendles was under a bit of an injury cloud last week and likely to drop a little more in price.

Tman · 21/04/2015 at 14:27

TRIGGER HAPPY · 21/04/2015 at 10:51

As both r keepers can’t go wrong with either

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 13:36

Did you initially select TBC as a stepping stone to a premo forward? Or did you select him as ruck cover. If your answer is the latter i'd be holding on to him for now because imagine if one of your rucks goes down next weekend. Out of those guys tho I'd pick Dalhouse.

Hellraiser · 21/04/2015 at 13:46

I traded in Goldy last week to pair up with Smith in the ruck and plan to stick with them after reading this!

I also rotated Paddy Ryder into my forward line to give me ruck cover.

Chicko · 21/04/2015 at 13:50

Great work Hellraiser – hopefully the numbers continue to be in your favour in that regard – particularly with Smith. Am confident in Goldy continuing on. You are in great shape having Ryder as back up in any case!

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 13:59

People with mummy, who are you moving him to? Or are you holding onto him? There are so many arguments for each move. If trading to grundy (who appears to be producing the same output) I get a lucrative $200k, but there is the risk his form drops off and will have to burn another trade upgrading. If i move him to Goldy it's a classic sideways maneuverer which i LOATHE doing, but goldy's monster scores puts me further behind everyone who started with him. If i hold i get to save a trade, however i then lose all that money and there is the risk that he continues to be shite. Usually when i have doubts i just hold so at the moment that is what I am going to do.

eatemalive · 21/04/2015 at 14:21

Marco, I have the same dilemma with Mummy about going Goldy or holding, however GWS play Suns this week and he could go large. I'm gunna wait til the teams get announced,we can leave it as late as Saturday if we decide to change. GOOD LUCK

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 15:15

Let's hope he goes big hey! you too mate

Brook · 21/04/2015 at 14:21

If u gave tbc you can down grade him to bontempelli and take your chances with no cover for a couple of weeks. If bont stinks it up you can pretty much do a straight swap for a fallen ruck premo in round 6. If he fires, he him and upgrade your best fwd rookie in round 7 or 8. Risky with no cover but I did it with Minson last week. Late out hurt but I am hoping my luck improves

The Ranger · 21/04/2015 at 14:43

Hi Marco, I have the same questions running around my head and reading here today "what to do about Mummy " seems to be one of the hottest topics. Particulalry as it comes at the same time as many other injury issues have arisen which lead to trade options.
      It's tempting to make some fast cash but many think it best to hold.
      I'm holding today but looking around at all available options.
      Looking forward to hearing what Lek, Mick, Bruyn etc have to say on the subject.

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 15:20

Yeh holding definitely seems the wisest. Building that war chest is very tempting tho gosh. Love hearing the community's opinions on the matter, it never particularly sways me one way or the other but it makes for a great discussion all the same! Over the years i've learnt it's all well and good to listen to people's advice but at the end of the day you just have to back your gut. Shark moves are what wins these things, and generally that means going against what everyone says.

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 15:16

I've got TBC at R2 so that isn't an option for me, and if all goes well TBC won't be leaving my side all season. Love your thinking tho.

Dogs · 21/04/2015 at 15:31

I have mummy and Nic Nat, will be holding at the moment as Trades are too precious to use, if I hadn't already made 2 corrective and 2 LTI trades I would just go straight swap to goldy, however already being 4 trades down , I don't think I have the luxury

cow roll · 21/04/2015 at 15:43

I see Mumford as a $500K player. He will not be having as many tackles and contested possession as he used to because he's surrounded by stars. If I upgrade Mumford to Goldy, who is in a lesser team, i save $100K and occasionally i get the massive scores.
    I can't decide if this is a legitimate reason to sideway trade him.

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:14

Dahlhaus for me.

Chris · 21/04/2015 at 14:22

hey community, i actually genuinely need/want some help or opinion. didn't have the best of results round 3.
D – heater, hibbo, smith, goodes, saad, mackintosh, oxley, brown.
M- pendles, fyfe, danger, jelwood, wines, wallis, CEY, heeney, VdB, miller, cockatoo.
R – nicnat, bigbell, o'brien.
F – Swan, bartel, gray, dusty, salem, clark, hogan, lambert.

made 2 trades so far got a rank of 13235; fell 8000 spots with a 1986 this week got 32k in the kitty.

basically bartel and wines have to go. i will keep wallis (started all these 3 too 🙁 )

can bring in the bont and sloane, the bont and goldy. options are fairly open with the amount of coin bartel and wines have.
community, should i target goldy? if goldy keeps perfroming as a clear standout option within the ruck i'd really just want to get that trade out of the way now, i've got this feeling goldy won't be able to maintain what he is doing – if sauce is struggling after watching him absolutely kill it for a 70 odd, surely goldy will pull out stinkers.

should i go for the value somewhere, should i wait for a JPK/parker type to depreciate a little? should i punt on someone i'm not 100% sold on to make top 10 mid? if i bring in sloane is it a waste of money?
i don't know. any help would be appreciative.

eatemalive · 21/04/2015 at 14:29

IMO Chris i'd go – Bartel to Buddy & Wines to Sloane – also you might want take into account your bye coverage and get an even spread with your Prems ,Cheers

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 14:33

Do you believe Bont will be a top 8 forward by year end? If so now is the time to get him. If not, Goldy is a must have at some point as will almost certainly be top 2 ruck barring injury.

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 14:57

How long is Wines out for? I think it might only be 3 weeks. A shark move would be to hold Wines. The rookies are doing well enough to cover his score, plus it will give you a mid loophole so you can have a couple of cracks at getting the right rookie score.

Port have got Hawks then Crows, he might not have scored that well anyway. After the crows Ports games get quite easy (sorry. Very easy) Wines comes back and everyone is rushing to get him in.

cow roll · 21/04/2015 at 15:05

8 weeks ??

SCaddict · 21/04/2015 at 15:08

Doc Larkins is forecasting as long as 6-8. The official AFL injury list says 4-5.

That's probably too long to go without premium scoring but you could certainly store him for loophole purposes for a week or two before you decide what you are going to do there.

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 15:27

Don’t rush him out is all I’m saying. It is his wrist, not a leg or foot. He will remain fit.

Save trading premiums out when you can

Steve · 21/04/2015 at 14:48

Bartel needs to be traded. Can afford anyone. Who would you suggest community. Already have swan and dusty. Was thinking gray or buddy but cant choose. think buddy could go bananas, but gray should be a consistent high scorer.

Thanks

I N Pieman · 21/04/2015 at 15:05

I have Gray so I am leaning towards Buddy. But i'm not ruling out Pearce from Freo for a POD.

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 15:29

A left field POD would be Motlop. With Bartel out I think Motlop will be in the guts more

SCaddict · 21/04/2015 at 15:11

It would be ideal if you could stall that decision a week and use Bartel for loophole purposes whilst you wait. Gray looks set to plummet in price next week and Buddy has a very tough test @ Freo this weekend.

Then you should have a fairly clear idea what to do with Bartel the following week I reckon.

If you have to choose now I'd go Buddy by a bee's you know what as he is flying atm although you may have to wear a mediocre score at Subi this round if Freo bring their A grade shutdown game.

JMG · 21/04/2015 at 15:10

What to do with Brett Goodes? Is trading down to a strategic donut to loophole the other def rookies too risky?

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 15:21

I think i'd just hold mate until you can afford to go up to a premium keeper, when a premium keeper emerges that is. Smith looks to be the only one I'd be confident in at the moment.

eatemalive · 21/04/2015 at 15:46

I'm holding, with their injury list he should avoid the vest and get more game time.

northernsoul74 · 21/04/2015 at 16:15

Trade. Even with Bont and Boyd out last minute he was still only the sub. Bont and Boyd likely back this week, poss Easton Wood as well. Webb started ahead of him plus Biggs, Hamling, Prudden etc all pushing for a first team call up. I guess the good thing is Goodes won't lose you any more money when he's playing for Footscray.

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 17:13

I think there are a few Defence rookies who will be getting games soon.

SCaddict · 21/04/2015 at 15:53

It would be ideal if he got dropped then you could use him for loophole this weekend and then maybe sideways him to WhiteX the following week depending on how the Hawk veteran goes in his 2nd game back.

But with the Boyd and Wallis injuries that probably isn't likely to happen now. On the flip side there is perhaps less chance of him getting the vest.

Brook · 21/04/2015 at 18:25

I don’t want to be harsh but it may best for everyone if he retires … He gets to leave the game on his terms and leaves my team on my terms!

chris · 21/04/2015 at 15:42

do people think that bontempelli is a must have? or would it be wise not to get him in the hope his average lowers and you get the benefits of not having him?

SCaddict · 21/04/2015 at 16:01

Not sure he's in the 'must have premo' category just yet like a Sloane, Goldy or Swan although those who already have him would obviously be more than happy with his output thus far.

If he cracks another 120 against the Crows this weekend then we will know for sure that he's the real deal. All these Doggies injuries are a worry though and it may effect just how competitive they are both collectively and individually, at least in the short term.

Dylan Shiel was flying in the first few weeks too until he played a real team in the Swans who shut him down and all of a sudden he's no longer the flavour of the week. Will it pan out different for The Bont? Either way it will sure be fascinating to see which way it goes with the teenager this Sunday.

chris · 21/04/2015 at 16:20

yeah fair call..
      just in a dilemma do i hole griffen for one more or pull the trigger.. same goes for mummy and (newnes).. but they are playing the GC this week and could go large!

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 17:20

Hold hold & Hold

Charlesy · 21/04/2015 at 20:37

I agree with Derek Chris. Hold your trades and be patient

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 20:42

Chris if he becomes a keeper it will only be in the forward line and then very unlikely. But not impossible,

Tom · 21/04/2015 at 16:41

Thoughts on Dion Prestia?

Goldie · 21/04/2015 at 23:11

I was going to ask the community that very question. I like him – steady increases in average over his 4 years in the comp. averaging 118 so far this year. I reckon he can see put the year with a 110-112 average.

Seems pretty consistent as well. At this stage he's come into my team for Wines. The other main option I was considering was Jobe Watson, but leaning towards Prestia for the POD

Mac · 21/04/2015 at 16:43

McGrath out for 10-12 weeks

SCaddict · 21/04/2015 at 18:45

Yeah those naviculars are a nasty injury.

Tom · 21/04/2015 at 17:05

What is everyone's thoughts on Dion Prestia? Has scored 107, 122 and 125.

He is a big POD but i think he shouldn't be too much of a risky pick. He has shown he can rack up the possessions and points with or without Gaz in the team. I am trading out Ollie Wines to get him in. If i go to him I can also bring in B. Smith for Hibberd. I know people will say trust Hibberd but he doesn't look like he is going to be able to provide a solid average for the rest of the year. I have just enough cash to bring in Pendlebury or Selwood but I would NOT be able to make the defense trade in this case.

So basically:

In: D. Prestia, B.Smith
Out: O. Wines, M. Hibberd

Or

In: S. Pendlebury / J. Selwood

Out: Wines

Any thoughts appreciated? (:

Locked and Loaded · 21/04/2015 at 17:09

Prestia great POD but don’t trade out Hibberd

Locked and Loaded · 21/04/2015 at 17:08

Mummy to Blicavs/ Goodes to Brodie Smith
OR
Mummy to Z.Smith/ Goodes to Simpson

Juan-Martine · 21/04/2015 at 17:20

Who to field in the backline out of:
Mcintosh
Oxley
Saad

All averages around the 80-85 mark, cant decide. need some wisdom community.

Jdogg · 21/04/2015 at 17:27

I have all three and have watched them pretty closely. I would go with saad. He seems to have the most consistency.

dognino · 21/04/2015 at 18:32

I'm thinking of fielding all 3 and putting newnes on the pine , currently have 2 on field at the moment

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 21:03

……and you know what Newnes will do then don't you?

dognino · 21/04/2015 at 22:09

Yeah, he's gettin the pill, just not doing anything with it at the moment, still annoyed I didn't go with my gut and pick t McDonald , instead I followed the herd.

Charlesy · 21/04/2015 at 20:41

Saad v gws in Canberra would be my choice mate. has an easier game than the other two

shezza · 21/04/2015 at 17:40

Sorry to deviate, is there anyone out there who hasn’t had a premium who got injured?

Luviboy1 · 21/04/2015 at 17:49

If you count Luke Parkers concussion as an injury, than yes. But other than that, Ive been blessed by the Supercoach Gods.

TOPHAWK1 · 21/04/2015 at 19:15

I have been blessed. Ohh wait, thats not quite right only Tom Rockliff. Still avoided most of the shocking carnage over the last few weeks tho.

Mac · 21/04/2015 at 17:49

Tom Lamb 8 weeks with injury.

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 18:19

Are you sure?

chops · 21/04/2015 at 18:22

While that is the good news, unfortunately first year hopeful Tom Lamb had minor surgery today and will be out of action for eight weeks.

Lamb has battled a knee problem since his arrival at the club, played a few games through the pain, but because it was restricting his output, he needed to have a procedure this week.

Mac · 21/04/2015 at 17:50

Thoughts on Brett Goodes to Goddard or any other defencive rookie other then saad mcintosh and oxley and KK to Hodge or Smith?

Swans2012 · 21/04/2015 at 18:20

Good trades imo, Goddard will play soon

Swans2012 · 21/04/2015 at 18:20

And makes a good em loophole

Tom · 21/04/2015 at 18:31

do I wait a week for krakouer or just bring him in now?

TOPHAWK1 · 21/04/2015 at 18:57

Wait mate. He will not change in price for another 2 weeks. Sit back and relax and watch him play this week. Save yourself a trade this week unless you have other urgent corrective trades requiring attention.

Tom · 21/04/2015 at 18:51

thoughts on Robbie Tarrant? Scored 100 this week in his first game for the year
could be a good downgrade option in a few weeks?

eatemalive · 21/04/2015 at 21:38

yeah mate, will trade him next week if all goes well. Corrective trades this week only

TOPHAWK1 · 21/04/2015 at 18:55

I have Tom Lamb and an under performing Maric and Griffin. Do I either trade out Maric for Brody Grundy or Griffen for Lachie Neale and then get rid of Tom Lamb for Robbie Tarrant this week? I am seriously thinking to doing nothing this week and preserving two valuable trades. Tarrant wont move in price for another two weeks and Maric and Griffen are not playing poorly enough to warrant urgent trading out. I can still use Lamb as a nice loophole swingman for now.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Hazey · 21/04/2015 at 19:55

Think you’ve answered your own question TP1. I’m in the same boat with Lamb here.

From a North member gee whiz I hope it works our for Robbie Tarrant at CHB. Horror career so far with injury!

I’m thinking of holding Bartel this week, then bringing in Krak and Tarrant next week to start the war chest account.

TOPHAWK1 · 21/04/2015 at 20:32

Thanks Hazey,

Lets watch Robbie T this week and see how he and Krakers pull up.

If both fire this week and are fit, your war chest could get a serious cash injection!

Cheers

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 21:23

Robbie Tarrant reminds me of Sean Rusling. I think he's held together by sticky tape and his body won't allow him to reach his potential or even put more than a couple of games together.

sean · 21/04/2015 at 18:57

trade wallis or hold?

only out for 2 weeks according to the doggies website but back problems always seem to last longer.

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 21:28

If it's only two weeks, hold.

Marco_Polo94 · 21/04/2015 at 21:30

I'm holding for now, Miller, vandenburg and heeney provide all the cover i need

JB · 21/04/2015 at 18:59

Round 2:
OUT Maric
IN Blicavs

Mac · 21/04/2015 at 19:21

Please explain why you would be picking Blicavs over Maric? Blicavs is not walk up into the Geelong team. He doesn't have a set position, a bit of here there and everywhere. I wouldn't pick Blicavs becuase some weeks he is just terrible. I'm a geelong supporter but thats just my opinio n

TOPHAWK1 · 21/04/2015 at 20:02

A very interesting option. Had a good look at Blic's performances so far and it does look enticing. This move would pick me up $104K on this trade alone and provide me likely further cash generation after the next round. (Maric break even 127 and Blic 44) If their performances remain consistent, a potential positive cash swing of another $40K is highly possible. Total cash generated therefore nearly $150K. (And brought in a DPP and likely POD player also)

That said, Maric is playing the Dees (Jamar) and Blic is playing North (Goldstein) this week. This could be a slight leveller this round, but it seems Blic currently has a greater on ball role vs rucking. This trade would also negatively impact my byes "headcount" (Higginator)

Blicavs is definately a guy I am going to have a serious think about over the next few days.

Cheers

Cheers

SideBySidebottom · 21/04/2015 at 21:30

Ba BAUM.

JB · 23/04/2015 at 18:23

Cash generation and change to the ruck scoring system which I have underestimated simple as that … Will see in the long run if it pays off … Money better spent where most of the score is generated, I can accept score around 70 to 90 avg in the ruck position … Don't think ruck will avg over 100 this year …

Simo · 21/04/2015 at 19:06

Thoughts on KK…is it time for him to go??? He just isn't cutting it at the moment. Really want to hold my $140,000 from the Gaz downgrade to Sloane for later upgrades into the middle. Are there any other rookies worth considering down back. Already have Oxley, Macintosh, Saad and Goodes. Or a side trade a viable option???

Pavos · 21/04/2015 at 19:51

Why trade kk he is gonna pop a 100+ this week

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 20:08

Suns have a few good games coming up. Hold for now and wait of a few of the over priced def premiums to fall

TOPHAWK1 · 21/04/2015 at 20:24

Kade K has been very dissapointing so far. I nearly started with him in my starting line up too, but forked out a bit extra for Lumumba. The judge is still out on him too, but his average is par at 92 and I am not bleeding cash.

Perhaps a few guys at similar prices to look at Are Taylor Hunt (Richmond) or Michael Talia (Bulldogs). Obviously both have gone up in price this week but are scoring good SC points.

Cheers

Hazey · 21/04/2015 at 19:51

What the RUCK was I thinking with Scotty Lycett???

Hold out and hope he holds value to trade to a Premo

or

swap for Blicav/Grundy type?

Hazey · 21/04/2015 at 19:57

Actually I should’ve said what was my wife thinking starting with Nic Nat and Lycett!

TOPHAWK1 · 21/04/2015 at 20:40

Absolutely.

Lycett is playing like a spastic at the moment. 48 SC points this week at a $401K pricetag? You cannot be serious!!

Blicavs is more a mid and then a ruck (DPP) so he should rack up good points. I am looking at him this week. Grundy is another bloody good option.

T HAWK

Dave · 21/04/2015 at 20:22

Community I would like some wisdom on Shannon Hurn. West Coast key defenders are going down left right and centre, and the proposition of him filling one of those posts as well as his putrid scoring output is making me consider a trade to a Brodie Smith type very strongly. Trade or hold?

Doc2Drej · 21/04/2015 at 20:38

McGrath navicular? Stuff me, now I have Lambert, Lamb and McGrath all not playing!!!

You BloodyRippa · 21/04/2015 at 20:45

My two bobs worth for this week……. try hard to save your trades and cash unless you lave a long term injury. Way too many sideways trades being considered from my point of view.
Rockliff may be back earlier than first expected….. Parker will be a great buying opportunity soon…… Malceski is going to fall way under his true value…… Gaz will probably come back into your side at some point. Keep your powder dry. These are the guys you want despite their current issues. Meanwhile, most of the rookies are performing very well.

You BloodyRippa · 21/04/2015 at 21:01

…And if you have any of those guys and are watching them fall….hold the faith.

Spencer · 21/04/2015 at 21:36

D- Shaw,Simpson,Hibberd,Newnes,Saad,Oxley. Mcintosh Hamling
M- Fyfe,Sloane,Heppell,Parker,Griffen,Wallis,CEY,Heeney. Vandenberg Miller Sinclair
R- Goldstien,Natanui. Read
F- Gray,Martin,Swan,Salem,Hogan,Clarke. Lonie McGrath

27 trades $170000 ranking 2000
Thinking of trading Wallis for Bont, and Griffen for Lewis or should I hold….

Derek · 21/04/2015 at 22:03

I think Wallis to the Bont is a good trade. Hold Griffin

Jimeon · 21/04/2015 at 22:20

I've read a lot of people urging others to hold trades and cash I still believe if you have an issue other than injury and you have players bleeding cash and can see an opportunity to strengthen other lines do so! I cannot ignore the fact that I am bleeding cash with the big Mummy. I may have to cut him loose. The teams at the top of the rankings do not have two high end ruckmen and that is an indicator enough for me. Trading Mummy to a Blicavs/ Smith/ Grundy type can strengthen another line eg. upgrades Brett Goodes to any player I like or Goodes to Taylor Hunt type which leaves a massive warchest. Yes holding trades isn't a bad option but smart trading just might win you this game we all love.

Locked and Loaded · 21/04/2015 at 22:39

Still believe in the rucks community I honestly do but I'm afraid my main gamble Mumford will have to go this week didn't work. Took Lek dogs advice and brought him in for his massive scores to begin the season. Moving him out allows me to bring in
Birchall for Brett Goodes. Thoughts??

Gareth · 22/04/2015 at 09:37

Deleido for Swan, Dusty or a good midfielder?

SideBySidebottom · 22/04/2015 at 20:56

Swan.

womp · 22/04/2015 at 11:06

Is it worth trading out Nic nat or maric for grundy to pick up
cash then upgrade to goldy the following week?

Luke · 22/04/2015 at 17:37

Cheers for this insight mate, is it worth trading out Jacobs for Goldstein or another ruckmen in Grundy, Blicavs ect.? If not this week, when should I start looking to get him out if he continues to produce scores like those from round 1 and 3?

@gcuthber · 22/04/2015 at 19:56

Hold strong people. Sure you're premium rucks are going to go down in value. The thing is, they're still the best option in that position.

Rex · 24/04/2015 at 09:55

Tried to get Sloane last week but fell a couple of grand short and settled for Kennedy
Have Wines and want to upgrade to Sloane
I'm not confident Nic Nat will ave what he has been, thoughts on bringing Grundy or TBC in?
Can afford either but unsure of Grundy's output if Witts comes back in