Mad Mick's Two Cents

Good day community and welcome to this weeks; Mad Mick’s Two Cents.

Wow what a week we have had in Supercoach. It started with all those coaches who traded out Newnes, Selwood, Griffen, Martin etc cursing themselves for hitting the trade button after just one bad performance. Likewise, those that chased the points bringing in the likes of Walker cursed themselves for getting sucked in. Of course you and I just sat back and held our trades (unless we moved on a LTJ player of course).

We then had the early week “will I, won’t I” trade out Gary Ablett, only for that decision to be taken away with the news he is going to miss more than 3 weeks. Finally the wave of hype hit regarding the necessity of having to bring in both Dylan Shiel and Marcus Bontempelli.

As I am writing this piece Shiel has been traded into 9,116 or 4.93% of teams. This will put his ownership after this round at just shy of 6%, as very few coaches have picked him in their initial teams. Bontempelli’s numbers are far more staggering. At present 22,844 or 12.34% of teams have traded him in this week. This will put Bontempelli ownership at 43% of teams, making him the 4th most popular premium player in the competition behind only Gray, Swan and Fyfe.

Hop Topic – Is the “Bonts” a must have player?

This question has been hyped up as a season defining decision and one we must all get right this week. I’m not quite sure it’s as season defining as it has been made out to be. The big question for me when deciding if I should bring in a player during the year is if this player will be a top 6 player for a forward or defender, or a top 8 player for a midfielder. Your initial squad is the place to take chances on players but the art of good trading is to only bring in players that will be in the top spots in their respective positions.

So is Bontempelli a top 6 forward, or at the very least going to average close enough to the top 6 that any loss of points could be considered negligible. Last year the 6th highest scoring forward averaged 102 Supercoach points so in order for Bontempelli to be considered a success he will need to get very close to this number from here on out.

What makes this so hard to gauge is the fact we have very limited numbers to base this decision off. Sure he has scored well in his opening two games but I don’t get his scores for those games, only the ones from here on out. We must remember he is only a second year player who has only played 18 games at AFL level. I am not taking away from the fact that this kid is special but is he really going to be able to produce the goods over a full season.

I always like to draw comparisons between players in similar circumstances. Not too many players have beaten the second year blues but 3 come to mind over the last 4 years – Jaeger O’Meara, Oliver Wines and Nathan Fyfe. The table below shows their progress over the first 2 years of their careers.

MicksTable

Encouragingly all these players prove what is possible and if I was to draw comparisons on game style between any of these players and Bontempelli, he would be more similar to Fyfe than the other two. Both Fyfe and Bonts have strikingly similar circumstances too. Both played 16 games in their opening year and both were forced to take on more responsibility in a midfield group in their second year. Fyfe was forced to step up due to the injury to Michael Barlow while Bontempelli has now got to step up in the absence of Tom Liberatore.

Fyfe did something extraordinary in his second year to average 108 and I’m not suggesting that Bontempelli will match this number. However when I compare the games of O’Meara and Wines I become more confident that he will at least be on par with these two players and average close to the 100 point mark over the year.

Being young and expecting a hard tag to go his way I do expect some really terrible scores to run through his average though. Fyfe had scores of 49, 58, 71, 80 and 85 in his second year and I will guarantee you Bontempelli will have some similar turds run through his scores this year too. This is where I think people are getting carried away with this “make or break” decision on whether to get him in this week or not. I know his BE is massive (low) this week but too be honest I’d expect his price will fall back down to $450k at some point during the year, allowing all those who miss him now to pick him up later.

I don’t always go with the shoal but I will be bringing the “Bont” in this week, but if you have holes in your team that need fixing then I’d advise you address them instead of sacrificing your structures just to get the “Bont” in. He is by no means the must have player that the masses are saying you need to trade in this week.

Predict a 98 average from here on out – just enough to justify a selection as my F6 at full upgrade.

Dylan Shiel

Anybody who has listened to me over the past couple of years will know I have been hyping Shiel as the next fantasy beast. It makes me sick in the stomach that I chose the safer proven option in Griffen over Shiel this year. I have a great temptation to bring him in this week but unfortunately the same rules apply and I can’t let emotion dictate my trading plans.

Is Shiel going to be a top 8 midfielder? I have no doubt that this is a breakout year for Shiel but something extraordinary would have to happen for him to finish as one of the top 8 midfielders. Last season the 8th highest scoring midfielder averaged 114 Supercoach points. From the best of my knowledge the last player to have such a significant jump in average was Patrick Dangerfield in 2012, going from an 80 avgerage to 118 average. Dangerfield was the clear star of the Adelaide midfield that year, whereas Shiel has to compete with Ward, Griffen and Treloar as the number one midfielder in the GWS team.

I think we can draw comparisons for Shiel a little closer to home. Treloar had his breakout year in 2014 going from an 87 average to a 107 average. I’d expect Shiel to finish this year close to the same 107 average. This isn’t that bad of a result for his current price but unfortunately I have taken my two speculative selections in Griffen and Parker and must now fill the remaining spots with proven elite players. It will be a decision I will regret for the year, with my only saving grace being I managed to snag Shiel in my Supercoach Draft team.

I predict an average of 104 from here on out – not enough to justify a selection as my M8 at full upgrade.

The hidden Gem – Shane Savage

Sometimes there is a lot of noise generated about certain players which allows other to sail under the radar. Possibly the best corrective option this week is Shane Savage, yet nobody has mentioned his name. This is a perfect time for savvy coaches to snag him while everybody is looking the other way.

What you might not know!

Savage struggled in the early part of last season after his move to the Saints from the Hawks. So much so he was dropped and forced to play VFL until he was given a reprieve in round 14, coming back in to play a new role off the half back. Since round 14 in 2014 he has now averaged 93 Supercoach points and has scored 100+ in 6 out those 10 games.

Top 6 defenders will struggle to beat a 93 average so if Savage can maintain those numbers he would certainly justify season long keeper status. If you got any holes in your defence then look no further than this man.

I predict an average of 94 from here on out – more than enough to justify a selection as my D6 at full upgrade.

Thank me later but shusssssh – don’t tell anybody else.

Well community that’s my two cents – how much value you assign to it is entirely up to you however.

Stay tuned…..

Mick the Mad Irishman

Mick is one of the production crew members and a key writer for the inaugural Jock Reynolds Fantasy football magazine. He is a risk taker, pint drinker, deep thinker and just that little bit mad, but time and time again he has proved to be one of the best fantasy minds in the country. He has finished in the top 1% of game players for the last 5 years, with a season high finish of 27 in 2013.

Follow the great man on twitter @Da_Mad_Irishman

ollie · 17/04/2015 at 13:30

I haves S Selwood injured, with Tyson stinking it up. Would dumping them to bring in Sloane and Van Berlo be a good trade or should I hold Tyson for now? I have all the main bubble rookies, but only concern is Van Berlo keeping his current form.

ollie white · 17/04/2015 at 13:34

l think they are good trades but maybe change van berlo for vandenberg unless you already have in

Ollie · 17/04/2015 at 13:54

Already have vandenberg

I N Pieman · 17/04/2015 at 13:31

Nice one Mick. Loved the the Bont Fyfe Wines & Jaeger comparison. I'd suggest the other 3 boys played in teams where they didn't cop attention yr 2. Wines nup others got tagged. Jaeger nup Gary got the tag. Fyfe nup others ahead. The Bont will cop more attention than they did in the 2nd year & I think it will take it's toll. Love watching him but can't pick him. Great article as always Mick.

NateCrows · 17/04/2015 at 16:49

I agree totally Pie. Who else will be tagged at bulldogs?
    the other guys were further down the pecking order. It's a shame for Bonts' SC scores but i reckon he will be better for the tag and make him work harder. I think next year he will be one of my first picks….

I N Pieman · 17/04/2015 at 18:00

He’s the danger man Nate. He’s going to be a marked man. He’s more dangerous than anyone else in that team by miles.

NateCrows · 17/04/2015 at 18:24

yeah I stayed away from him.. I hear he might be a late out too…

Dee · 17/04/2015 at 17:45

Been in my team since day 1…. #bloodygun

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 21:56

A gun is someone who performs at elite level for years. He's just a kid just out of nappies and his bottom's smelly.

Riley · 17/04/2015 at 13:38

Gooday Community!

Wondering who should cop the VC out of Sloane, Danger, Gray, Swan or Dusty?

Need two on field in my defence out of McIntosh, Oxley and Saad.

Need two on field in my forwards out of Clark, Salem and Hogan.

Cheers For All Thoughts! 🙂

Tom · 17/04/2015 at 13:52

I like Sloane as a VC, in the defense Saad looks like the safest bet probably followed by McIntosh. In the forward line, if you have Salem I think that you have to have him on field while Hogan/Clark is a 50/50 for mine.

Dwain · 18/04/2015 at 09:46

Raining in adelaide! I’m going Shiel for vice and Fyfe as captain

luke · 17/04/2015 at 15:13

I think saad will be the most consistent 80-90 point player. I’ve got all 3 as I imagine most do. Having hamling on the bench gives me the luxury of loopholing Oxley. If he does poorly, switch McIntosh back on field. Mcintosh still had 24 possessions and 7 marks last week, just had a fair few clangers that affected his score. So if I was forced to make a choice I would probably go McIntosh.

the sprinkler · 17/04/2015 at 15:50

hey there's another article that lists the rookies in order of how much they will score- but they are only suggestions. the idea of being a SC is too make our own decisions. and to think outside the box.

Nat Fyfe will C every week for the majority of games. those who have the guts to go sloane, goldy, pendles, jpk on the right day may just come out on top. oxley could score 50 this week or 120. which do you think he will score? thats what counts

michael · 17/04/2015 at 21:06

Hope you’ve got Swannie like I have – 70pts at h/t!

Riley · 17/04/2015 at 21:51

Nice! I ended up not choosing Swannie as VC instead I have backed Sloane to go big tomorrow 🙂 Hope it pays of in the end! Swan is killing em tho 105 3QT!

Asada Bin Testin · 17/04/2015 at 13:51

I've had him since Rnd 1 and pleased to say the least with his output. I think he'll get to around mid season before he runs out of steam, at which time I'd be happy to cash in on his SSS. With respect to this week's game, I don't think the Hawks will be put a hard tag on him as such – I think there's some in front of him that they'll look at first – Dalhaus, Boyd and Macrae for instance. Also, I reckon their sheer arrogance and the sting from last week's surprise loss is likely to see them take the field and simply blast the Doggies off the park!

Brillsy21 · 17/04/2015 at 14:10

Is it worth trading Cripps to NVB
Same goes with Lamb to Mcgrath

Matt · 17/04/2015 at 14:49

No, Cripps is playing this week.

Gordo · 17/04/2015 at 14:10

Hold lamb or trade to lonie or McGrath? Newton to vanberlo or hold as well

Adz · 17/04/2015 at 14:18

Out: Goodes
In: T.McDonald or S.Savage?

I N Pieman · 17/04/2015 at 14:44

I would have too say McDonald he’s been averaging more and his breakeven is lower

Adz · 17/04/2015 at 15:07

Is McDonald playing as a key defender or is he playing some other role?

Matt · 17/04/2015 at 14:49

Savage.

the sprinkler · 17/04/2015 at 15:52

hehehehehehehehe i guess you havent read this article?

creeker · 17/04/2015 at 14:33

You're not that mad Mick. Great timing for this top read.
Started with Gaz, Wells and Rich. The idea was if Gaz got off to a stinker, I would trade him out along with the worst performing player of Wells and Rich.
Already have Fyfe, Pendles and Sloane, so would prefer not to trade in a round 12 prem. (JPK).
Looking at – Lewis and the Bont. (injury cloud over Bont has me nervous)
Also considering – Wines and Dangerfield or Wines and Prestia.
The trades I'm most keen on is Jordan Lewis and Dylan Shiel. Lewis will be a keeper. Shiel may not, but with a breakeven of 15, he is going to make some good coin in the next few weeks. Could almost be a direct swap for Joel Selwood, (breakeven 203) in the next few weeks.
Would welcome some advice on which prem combo you would choose to replace Gaz and Wells.

Dean · 17/04/2015 at 14:47

Hey Mick, I'm not picking up the Bont as I have no reason to downgrade (my mids are Fyfe, JPK, Pendles, Selwood, Griffen) as I started without king Gaz. I would like to note that he averaged 102?? SC points in his last 10 games of 2014 (if i recall correctly).

Tom · 17/04/2015 at 14:52

92 SC ponits over the last 10 games

Welcome

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:38

A couple of them were scaled up a lot which isn’t happening as much this year

Dan · 17/04/2015 at 14:48

Is it worth downgrading Selwood to Shiel, knowing that I'm going to lose a bit of money from Selwood in the coming weeks and possibly gain a bit from Shiel?

Brillsy21 · 17/04/2015 at 14:53

No point wasting a trade, Selwood is a keeper

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 17/04/2015 at 14:59

No way! Selwood is going to go off against GCS this weekend…..He's a keeper!

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:36

Do you mean Joel? The same guy who has received 148 Brownlow votes over the last 7 years?

Dee · 17/04/2015 at 17:50

Should I trade Beams? Should I downgrade Selwood? Haven't we learned just over a week ago when people traded out D. Martin to T. Walker?

Matt · 17/04/2015 at 14:48

Hmmm do I go B Goodes to Savage or Oxley? Thoughts appreciated

AMERICANMAGPIE1 · 17/04/2015 at 14:58

I would guess Oxley….I had him on my side since the start of the season

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:34

Some reason Jock didn’t start with Oxley but he is stuffing him in this week

Dee · 17/04/2015 at 17:56

Jock had his eye only on Goddard, talked him up all pre season and hasn't even played a bloody game…. He definitely is a Saints supporter and I got a feeling he's mob will get up tonight against the wobbles!

Frank · 17/04/2015 at 18:00

Colliwobbles died in 1990. I've got the t-shirt.

lostlarrikin · 17/04/2015 at 14:56

Nice work Mick.
On Monday I was all ragey and chomping to go Gaz/Cripps into Bont/Shiel.
Have simmered down, taken an extra blue pill, and now steering away from both.
As you rightly point out, the odds of Shiel being a top 8 mid by season end is pretty slim.

My concerns on Bont are purely on his (suspected) injury. If he doesn't play, it will be a last minute decision by the Dogs. Mayhem!
If he does play (and why the hell would they risk him?) I see Langford all over him like a leech on a Hippo's delivered placenta. That calf injury will be a constant source of entertainment for the Hawks while Bont is at the bottom of every huddle.

I really want to see Bont over the next 3 wks before I commit a trade.

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 04:51

Lost spot on mate. If you dont have him why take on another risky trade. I love this kid, on another site my avatar is this kid and pendles "The old and the new" I had him from the start so keeping him until he runs out of puff or maybe stays as D6.

God help us next year. Also loved the leech reference. Will be interesting to see what Langford can do if Bont plays.

@Seekersupacoach · 17/04/2015 at 14:57

Bont is definitely a top 6 forward and I'll get as a forward once my forward rookies mature. Think it's dangerous to use the Ablett trade for the Bont this week especially if he scores a 72 and Fyfe, Sloane or Lewis score 130+ . Even if you swing the Bont forward you are likely having to use a rookie as another trade or as on field coverage for the loss of Ablett

John T · 17/04/2015 at 15:06

What is a better trade: Goodes > Oxley or Cripps > NVB. No bench cover in defence as Goddard is D8.

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:29

I would go Godard to Oxley. You do know that Godard isn’t playing?

John T · 17/04/2015 at 19:21

But goodes is more

Jason · 17/04/2015 at 15:25

I took a punt on bonts from the start of the year as a pod!!Not anymore! What do u think his ceiling price will be?

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:28

My calculation he will hit ceiling at $539k

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 04:54

Selwood could be down to that by then for a straight swap if you are inclined. Would you trade him out if he holds form against Hawks, Swans et al.

Unless he gets a long term injury bigger spuds growing in my backline. Plus need some fertilizer on Wells.

Tulendeena · 17/04/2015 at 15:26

Newton to NVB?

NVB will appreciate much quicker, and with the likes of Krakouer and Lambert coming back in, fast may be better than slow

Thoughts?

the sprinkler · 17/04/2015 at 15:26

To everyone wanting to trade NVB in for Cripps out- yes do it. It will give my team a distinct advantage as well as keeping me 1 trade up on everyone who does it.

Seriously though- I am assuming EVERYONE who is considering that trade never watches football. or should i say have never seen NVB play and Cripps play lately.

What makes anyone think NVB is better than Cripps? And are they serious? And is everyone here suggesting that trade trolling? I am totally bemused as to why A) people would waste a sideways trade in round 3 and B) who would think NVB is worth a trade and a sideways trade and C) who actually thinks NVB is better than Cripps?

Is the joke on me or are people really considering using a trade to bring in NVB???

thanks in advance

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:26

Early Cash generation will cost trades, a lot of trades. 1 to get NVB in and another to trade him out, usually the second trade needs another one to create the cash to get a premo.

I prefer to wait with a war chest and pick up the fallen premiums.

Brook · 17/04/2015 at 15:27

What is the better trade:

Cripps to NVB

KK to Savage

T.J · 17/04/2015 at 16:15

None… both sideways trades. Pointless.

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:22

Don’t do either. Waste

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 05:22

Would love to do this trade myself and choking on the french fries KK is putting up. Thought he would play mids and get more ball. Hanging out to do KK to Smith. Will downgrade a ruck if I have to. Maric to Grundy or Belly. Assumes no more nasty surprises.

the sprinkler · 17/04/2015 at 15:32

pretty sure bont would break langford in 2 if langford trys any ruff stuff. imagine a concrete meatball vs a swollen green pea.

bonts is fine- and i would actually say that the person is is tagging bonts should really consider themselves being tagged… by bonts. coz if the tagger gets the pill bonts will slam the tagger. heed these words.

also bonts will never be cheap this cheap again…….. ever!!!

Tony · 17/04/2015 at 23:41

Bonts is a jet. But you are making him sound as if he is untagable. I doubt that as a second year player. His scoring will fluctuate wildly. I don't like his draw over the next five weeks or so and reports that he is sore. I think he could disappoint those who have jumped on from a scoring point of view over the coming weeks. He will be a future star though.

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 05:20

Agree Bonts will dump his tagger into the turf a few times. If he PLAYS?? The big question. I beleive he is a 100+ Fwd for years end and started with him. Would I bring him in this week? Hmmm dont think so. I think not starting B Smith is a bigger problem for me. Would like him to be available on bubble next week and then bring him in for KK or Goodes.

Also agree it is unlikely Bonts will be this cheap in the future. Fyfe/Pendles type. Doesn't make it a certainty to bring him in though. Cash generation is a furfy. If you bring him in it should be as a keeper and D6 at year end so it is percieved EOY value against current price. If you dont see him being a keeper then rookies will generate more cash.

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 23:02

Bontempelli is nineteen years old. He's young and tall and therefore his core is weak. If he leaves himself open he'll be at risk.

koodis · 17/04/2015 at 15:42

Want to get more security in my mids as I only went with 4 premos so think it makes sense to bring in NVB.

My bench has anderson , miller , Steele.
I am using Steele to access my fwd bench of Hogan and lonie if needed. So am thinking of booting either Anderson or miller for NVB.

Miller looks like he will pretty much play fwd most of the time so limited point scoring on offer. Anderson has more potential although I’m getting a bit tired of sweating the hawks side and then sub every week..

What do you guys think?

Matt · 17/04/2015 at 17:37

I have a similar dilemma with miller and Anderson. I’m considering vandemberg in for 1 of these guys. Anderson played pretty crappy last week so he may not get a game this week – if he does then ill prob stick with him and give miller the boot. Clarke really rates Anderson and I think he”ll get games but geez there are so many good players at hawks ready to step in.

Jules · 17/04/2015 at 15:45

Worth trading Lids for Bont? Have enough $ to get JPK otherwise thru switch (I have Gray currently in the guts) and that’s what I’m leaning towards but worried about missing the Bont traiń

Thoughts?

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:19

If I had Delidio I would get rid of him. If he comes back next week he will still be under injury cloud. Risk

NateCrows · 17/04/2015 at 18:44

THE BONT

andy · 17/04/2015 at 16:02

Is it worth trading out ibbo for savage ?

Stevo · 17/04/2015 at 16:27

Don't sideways trade, I would only upgrade/downgrade ibbo

T.J · 17/04/2015 at 16:18

JPK or Sloane… cannot decide

Stevo · 17/04/2015 at 16:27

Flip a coin… I'd go Sloane

Mac · 17/04/2015 at 16:33

Will Thompson coming back effect Sloane's scoring?

Tony · 17/04/2015 at 23:43

No. Sloane's a star. I don't have him but can't wait to get him in.

Mac · 17/04/2015 at 16:30

Got Goodes, do i hold him or trade him down to Hamling/Goddard who will play later in the season. Already have Saad, McIntosh, Oxley

Stevo · 17/04/2015 at 16:32

Possibly. Goodes is named last on the extended interchange which is a worry, you can do so if you want 70k extra

Kev · 17/04/2015 at 16:54

May as well hold him if you've got no viable option, Mac. His price is not going to plummet

Stevo · 17/04/2015 at 16:30

Thoughts on Tory Dickson? I've upgraded Lamb to him or Honeychurch. I'm convinced with Dickson because his scores so far have been 82 and 119, BE of -54, and is named to play in the wing against the Hawks. 248k

Kev · 17/04/2015 at 16:45

Averaging 14 touches, Stevo. Not enough for me. Kicked 6 goals so far so will need to keep that up to continue posting high numbers

Mike · 17/04/2015 at 16:31

Sloane has the much easier draw, but Thompson coming in might take some of his points. Toss a coin, you'll do well with either. Reckon the herd is going with Sloane.

Mac · 17/04/2015 at 16:44

Will Thompson take points?

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 16:44

I’m going to try the VC on Travis Cloke tonight. Gut feeling

Dee · 17/04/2015 at 17:59

Good luck with that Derek, sometimes you just gotta go with your instincts….

Charlesy · 17/04/2015 at 18:26

It’s a tall out of form big man in the wet at night mate. But you have big balls. Good luck

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 18:56

Is it raining?

dognino · 17/04/2015 at 19:38

They said on the radio it's been wet

dognino · 17/04/2015 at 21:43

Geez, woulda been a good call Derek if he could kick straight

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 22:45

He did ok. Not unhappy having him

Nick r · 17/04/2015 at 16:52

Ibbotson to savage? Or is that a waste of a trade ? Or should i get adam oxley in for a rookie who isn’t getting a game?

Mac · 17/04/2015 at 16:55

WASTE

Ryan · 17/04/2015 at 17:13

Oxley a must have

Ty · 17/04/2015 at 16:53

Never done the Capt' Loophole before ….
Do I put Captain on a someone not playing , then put Vice Captain on someone playing in an early game …. take score if it's good , if not then switch Captaincy to Someone else playing ?
Thanks

Mac · 17/04/2015 at 16:57

Yes. For example.

Put the VC on Sloane and the C on Tom Read.

If Sloane gets a score you are unhappy with, put the captain on someone playing later like Fyfe.

BUT, make sure when you have the C on Tom Read at the start, you have your emergency on your ruckman who will be playing, for example Maric.

Ty · 17/04/2015 at 17:03

Thanks Mac : ) …. so I gather Tom Read is not playing

Mac · 17/04/2015 at 17:07

No Tom Read is not playing

Luke · 17/04/2015 at 17:03

Which trade is better, goodes to oxley (210k in war chest) or n.brown to oxley (123k in wc)?

Jordan · 17/04/2015 at 18:06

Goodes to Oxley for extra cash and someone for bench coverage in brown still

phil · 17/04/2015 at 18:12

Goodes

Cyril is Delicious · 17/04/2015 at 17:04

Community,
Going GAJ down to Sloane, should I go
Miller > NVB or Rich?
Would it be to many Adeladie mid fielders having Sloane, NVB and CEY?
Cheers

Ryan · 17/04/2015 at 17:12

Nvb, and no, with the exception of Sloane, the other two aren't keepers, just waiting for the price rises

Dennis · 17/04/2015 at 17:08

Ive seen many people picking Sloane over JPK. Does the return of Thompson mean Sloane will not score as many points?

Rambos_Radish · 17/04/2015 at 17:24

Cockatoo to Van Berlo
or
Lambert to Lonie
with all other rookies accounted for on every line!
cant do both due to cash!
Thoughts community?

curt · 17/04/2015 at 17:40

Nvb

bombers94 · 17/04/2015 at 17:27

Anderson to NVB or Miller to NVB
Thoughts ?

adam · 17/04/2015 at 17:28

oxley, saad and mcintosh, pick 2 to put on the field
cheers

I N Pieman · 17/04/2015 at 17:56

Oxley and McIntosh

Dee · 17/04/2015 at 18:02

Oxley, McIntosh… Saad will struggle against the Cats at Kardinia Park.

Brook · 17/04/2015 at 17:29

If I trade tonite can I do another tomorrow

jacob · 17/04/2015 at 17:38

Yes as long as you’re not trading players from st Kilda or Collingwood.

Matt · 17/04/2015 at 17:39

Yep

NutSack · 17/04/2015 at 17:59

yes- but you cant undo any trades once the round has started

Dee · 17/04/2015 at 18:00

I don't think so champ…

shane · 17/04/2015 at 17:47

With Goodes out (presumably) My backline will field all 3 of Saad, Oxley and Mcintosh, with Brown as D7 cover. Hoping this can see me through the next 2-3 weeks and start bringing in premiums. Currently have 5 mids in Fyfe, Lewis, JPK, Pendles and Griffin. Ruck is Mummy and Goldy with TBC at F4. I have all the rookies I need, and was hoping to target a Selwood in the mids or maybe Goddard, Harvey or another forward ASAP if my backline can play every game for 2-3 weeks, avoiding using Brown. Is this too much risk?

ATM these 3 defender rooks look like holding their own against the mid rooks, which would make bringing in Mid premiums better for my scores. Griffin was originally a placeholder for GAJ and Rockliff, but now I might try to force him to M9 by seasons end as there is no rush on either of those 2. He could easily become Sloane or Selwood, but Im thinking the trade is better later on.

Any thoughts on how fielding the 3 rookie defenders for hopefully 3 weeks will plan out? Chances are I'll probly be forced to play Brown.

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 05:07

Oh how I wish Goodes was out. Give me the loophole I needed.
    The three rookies are doing a good job and will be ready for slaughtering in a couple of weeks. Pity there arent more dpp players.

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 05:10

Oh how I wish Goodes was out. Give me the loophole I needed.

Billy · 17/04/2015 at 17:57

Bont out

NutSack · 17/04/2015 at 18:00

So there's rumours that theres a chance Bont could be a late out and Boyd aswell- which Boyd? they didn't say

shane · 17/04/2015 at 18:04

Where did you hear that mate?

Frank · 17/04/2015 at 18:11

They didn't hear it anywhere. They just have nothing constructive to add

NutSack · 17/04/2015 at 18:15

SEN 1116 know it all- Dr Turf and Huddo. Adams out tonight and you can wait til the last minute to find out about Pendles

Ohhh wait a minute- you know it all Frank- so tell us here in black and white- who is in and who is out please?

Please tell us with 100% certainty that Bonts is playing Frank…. can you do that? That way we can safely trade him in.

BigDropKick · 17/04/2015 at 18:16

Think they are referring to this …..

"Bontempelli was named in the team and is expected to fly to Tasmania as the Dogs give him time to be fit, but he has struggled with tightness and soreness in the calf all week. "

NutSack · 17/04/2015 at 18:22

No I am referring to SEN 1116 as mentioned above. Supposedly people have been texting them all arvo saying that boyd and bonts are RUMOURED to be out.

But Frank says they are not out so according to Frank you can safely trade them in it seems.

shane · 17/04/2015 at 18:28

Thanks for that, will try to find out more. Don't worry about Frank, he can read about it tomorrow in the Sun, the only source for up-to-minute news.

Billy · 17/04/2015 at 18:42

Yeah thanks frank, real constructive comment

NateCrows · 17/04/2015 at 18:43

This will happen all year and scares the living turd out of me.

Late outs when im at the pub watching a game and not paying attention!!!

SideBySidebottom · 19/04/2015 at 16:06

Get the Footy Alerts App Nate,

camdoggs army · 17/04/2015 at 18:03

So would you recommend goodes to savage?

ryan · 17/04/2015 at 18:12

thoughts?

Beams to Rich
Goodes to either b.smith or gibson???

could be some good cash generation in the first trade and second trade bulsters up backline.

The Bont · 17/04/2015 at 18:32

Hold Beams I reckon

shaun · 17/04/2015 at 18:58

ya rekon he'll be back to the 120 mark? otherwise i dunno just see alot of cash to be made and get rid of a hole in the backline with goodes so having that cash to upgrade to premo which can stay for the season is tempting

BigDropKick · 17/04/2015 at 18:20

Who on should I put on field ?
Oxley , Saad or Goodes ( yes I still have him atm : )
Vandenberg , Ellis-Yolmen or Heeney

The Bont · 17/04/2015 at 18:34

In order of preference I'd say Saad, Oxley then Goodes (pretty sure he'll be sub so will bleed cash this round. Trade him out if you can)

Then for the mids Ellis-Yolmen, Heeney then Vanders

Ryan · 17/04/2015 at 18:37

Saad is the only consistent def rookie so far so I'd pick him, and ellis-yolmen, could deliver a 90+ score

James · 17/04/2015 at 18:30

Lewis for Gazza and Rich for Cripps
Or
Lewis for Gazza and Goodes for Savage?
Bearing in mind I also have Newnes in the defense

The Bont · 17/04/2015 at 18:35

Goodes to Savage. Cripps is playing this week, Goodes is likely to be sub and his price will go down.

Gordo · 17/04/2015 at 18:38

goodes to savage

Gordo · 17/04/2015 at 18:35

lonie or mcgrath?

Gordo · 17/04/2015 at 18:39

or is it worth trading goodes to bruce or hunt?

Corey · 17/04/2015 at 18:52

dylan shiel for ryan griffen
or h lumbumba to b smith
also should i start lonie or m clarke?

Marco_Polo94 · 17/04/2015 at 20:31

That's a lot of sideways trading my man

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 05:12

Both sideways trades. Why do it. Look at upgrading Wells/Rich or whatever mid pricer is in your backline.

Charlesy · 17/04/2015 at 19:00

Riewoldt out.

Trab Pukcip · 17/04/2015 at 19:01

Seriously community, look @ the teams these 3 blokes have played! There’s your reason for their high scores! Bring them in @ your own peril! They are ‘flash in the pants” players!

Marco_Polo94 · 17/04/2015 at 20:30

Agreed on all but savage. I actually really like that selection, and you could argue the stronger teams will force the ball in saints defence more which will only help savage's output

Trab Pukcip · 19/04/2015 at 08:38

Savage 70's, shiel 50's…..2 down one to go!

Marco_Polo94 · 19/04/2015 at 12:13

And the bont is out! #supercoach

NutSack · 17/04/2015 at 19:03

sen 1116 7.03pm – N Riewoldt OUT

Fred · 17/04/2015 at 19:05

Can u still trade after lockout?

eatemalive · 17/04/2015 at 19:42

yeah mate, partial lockout means you can trade players that haven't played yet throughout the round.

Locked and Loaded · 17/04/2015 at 19:06

Start Ahmed Saad or Lonie??

Dennis · 17/04/2015 at 19:07

Lonie

Locked and Loaded · 17/04/2015 at 19:12

Reason why spends more time up the ground!?

Dennis · 17/04/2015 at 19:10

Who to start on field. Pick 2.
Oxley, McIntosh, Saad.

Was thinking McIntish and Saad but not sure about Saad down at K Park

Locked and Loaded · 17/04/2015 at 19:15

Saad pretty consistent throw a blanket over all of them Oxley and Mcintosh have shown they can go 100+

jimmydowland · 17/04/2015 at 19:11

lamb to lonie/mcgrath?

or

Cripps to vanberlo..

Marco_Polo94 · 17/04/2015 at 20:29

lamb to mcgrath

shane · 17/04/2015 at 19:12

Last minute trade freak-out. Have Lambert and 276k in kitty, one trade to use. Have Krakour for Mid link so can trade Lambert to any of the following….
Rich (don't like this one)
NVB (not sure about spening 100k when hes unlikely to go over 400k)
Ahmed Saad, Lonie or Mcgrath (thinking 1 of these and obviously need to choose NOW)

Connor · 17/04/2015 at 19:14

Daniel Rich – $348,300
BE = -21
Fixture Until Bye – Richmond, West Coast, GC, Carlton, Port Adelaide, Essendon, St. Kilda, GWS
VS
Marcus Bontempelli – $422,300
BE = -19
Fixture Until Bye – Hawthorn, Adelaide, Sydney, St. Kilda, Fremantle, Melbourne, GWS, Port Adelaide

Both players have Round 11 byes and ‘The Bont’ clearly has the tougher fixture. So… WHO SHOULD I PICK???

NutSack · 17/04/2015 at 19:40

well I was going to trade in Bonts until the rumours that he and boyd will be late outs.

will wait til tomorrow to decide on Bonts in SC but didn't trade him in my DT coz of the rumours/risk 🙁

and so the stress begins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 23:11

Mid price players are a waste. Get cash cows, fatten them and paint the fence.

jake · 17/04/2015 at 19:18

beam —> Rich gives extra 200k +

thoughts???

Marco_Polo94 · 17/04/2015 at 20:28

nope stick with your premiums

Doc2Drej · 17/04/2015 at 20:00

This week's trades:
OUT: Hallahan and Cripps
IN: Shiel and McGrath

No Bontempelli or Tex, who many experts have said are 'must haves' (the Bont especially)

Thoughts?

Marco_Polo94 · 17/04/2015 at 20:27

Don't think Bont is a must.. not a bad selection tho. I wouldn't be jumping off cripps i've held him, it's funny how quickly people jump off players after a bad game. After nab cripps was the hottest thing on the market aha

Doc2Drej · 17/04/2015 at 23:17

Allowed me to get shiel while I could though, before the price rise. If not Cripps it would have had to have been rich or judd

Northernsoul74 · 18/04/2015 at 08:02

Do you think Shiel will be a top 8 mid come season end? If you do great trade, if not you wasted a trade and blown your cash.

Nuggetty · 18/04/2015 at 10:01

Not bad trades, so many variables and unpredictables between here and seasons end. Shiels might finish a top 20 mid but come out and score 150 in your grand final while Sloane and fyfe could miss the same game with injury. Would make a cripps cull a pretty bloody good decision. Unless of course you’ve already got the 50k spent.

rowdy · 17/04/2015 at 20:11

If i don't have Hogan in my fwd line should i get him in this week and should i use either Lambert or Miller(mid).My other fwd rookies are Salem,Clark,Lonie and Lamb

Marco_Polo94 · 17/04/2015 at 20:26

I'd get rid of one of the Lambs. Hogan is a must

Marco_Polo94 · 17/04/2015 at 20:25

Holy moly what a first quarter of football!! #carnthepies

jko4177 · 17/04/2015 at 20:33

Beams to The Bont?
This means I can afford ibbotson to simpson, or i could go ibbotson to hunt and miss out on the bont until a later time.
I believe beams will struggle greatly with a tag with Rockliff out at least a month. However, I am reluctant to trade him out because surely he will get better, and the Bont probably wont keep up his great from.

carlashirley90 · 17/04/2015 at 20:58

Ur crazy

On what proof by which you say? That's crazy, oh already said that

Crowls · 18/04/2015 at 05:04

I held on to Martin and Cotchin all year last year and Beams is better than both of them. Not trading him. Rule 1 NO SIDEWAYS TRADING. Someone in earlier reply said only trade up to Premiums. I would add or down to cashcow rookies.
    Rule 2, Read Rule 1.
    Mate going to cost you 2 trades for stuff all points.

Tulendeena · 17/04/2015 at 20:39

Vanden or Cripps for a higher score?

carlashirley90 · 17/04/2015 at 20:57

Collingwood do under the table deal with the umps tonight?

carlashirley90 · 17/04/2015 at 21:36

Collingwood players ducking all night getting frees and StKilda player gets pushed into the fence, no free lol
Im an Adelaide supporter but I have never seen such one sided ignorance by Umpires like this

Jock must be cracking a carton open as a speak!

11 mins left in the 3rd quarter 21-8 frees

Charlesy · 17/04/2015 at 23:59

Waaaaaaaaaaaaa

carlashirley90 · 18/04/2015 at 00:28

Ok?

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 01:23

Not sure about that. Regardless tho saints struggled with no reiwoldt. they had no target up front. and structurally were horrendous after the first quarter.

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 10:27

Why does the free kick count have to be even?

carlashirley90 · 18/04/2015 at 11:53

Obviously you guys above did watch the game, note I never said the free kick count had to be even. I love the fact that people reply only to criticise

See it a lot on YouTube
      I am getting sick of the half brain comments and repays on here

BundyBear · 18/04/2015 at 11:58

LOL. Thats it. Even if the free kick count was even then the Saints would of lost by even more.

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 22:14

Well Carla all I can tell you is that when conditions get slippery and players can't hold their feet as well as on a dry night the team hitting the contest harder tends to draw free kicks.

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 22:21

……and you haven;t seen ignorant umpires on that level before you should watch a suburban game of football. I don;t think you'd even recognise the game.

Andy · 17/04/2015 at 22:11

Anyone else put the VC on Swanny? He’s winding back the clock tonight!

Derek · 17/04/2015 at 23:07

I went VC on Cloke. Pity he didn’t kick straight

Brett · 17/04/2015 at 23:55

Got lucky tonight … vc swanny , downgraded n brown to ox and loopholed him with hamling ! So dont have to ride the wave with goodes

Decisons on gaz… mids are fyfe, kennedy, j selwood , griffen, rich , judd and a rookie @ m8 ! Do i bank 500k with nvb or take a premium , ie Sloane , lewis or wines

Locked and Loaded · 18/04/2015 at 00:07

SLOANE no doubt

Brett · 18/04/2015 at 00:41

Im just thinking points generation though … Sloane yeh is a rolled gold keeper , but im batting ok in the mids … is the money better spent upgrading 2 mids in defence goodes and pearce quickly as it’s got the potential to cause more inconsistencies than the mid field spot

Brett · 18/04/2015 at 00:42

Cheers for the input aswell mate

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 13:19

You have to consider why you selected gaz in the first place – as a super premium player who will produce captain scores. Therefore it makes sense to replace him with someone you know will deliver the same. You could roll the dice and go with some in form players who are a bit cheaper but it will mess your team up if those players (bont, shiel etc) stop their hot form and you then have to waste another trade to upgrade them. Dunno if any of that makes sense, basically just bring in someone you know will be a keeper.

BundyBear · 18/04/2015 at 01:59

Yep. I had the VC on Swan . And am keeping it too. 300 is way good enough for me. put the C on tom lamb and emergency on Robbie gray

Pavos · 17/04/2015 at 22:28

Crips or vandenberg onfield

eatemalive · 18/04/2015 at 08:00

i also have Heeney to think about as he might get vested ,not sure might gamble on Cripps as I reckon he will start with Byrne vested

ben · 17/04/2015 at 22:58

wtf only to players cracked the ton newnes 97 dreamteam 53 supercouach and how did steven and pendels not crack the ton

ben · 17/04/2015 at 23:02

the scores just changed

Indecision · 18/04/2015 at 01:27

My opponent had swan, I do not…thank god he didn't vc him.
I need to choose to take Ahmed saads 64 or see if hogan can do better away against the crows.
I know 64 is a spud score but do you reckon hogan is likely to spud it up worse than that??

Rick Grimes · 18/04/2015 at 05:13

I’d probably take the 64. Crows gonna dominate you’d think, could be few opportunities.

Also am sans Swan. Can’t have em all, but feel a bit bummed I didn’t jump on that bandwagon. Just hoping all the Swan owners went on Bonts and he stinks it up this week.

Frank · 18/04/2015 at 07:48

I chose Lonie over Hogan and am still 50/50 whether it will be the right move and that's based on a 37. 64 would be nice at F6. I'd take it.

Northernsoul74 · 18/04/2015 at 07:56

I'd gamble on Hogan personally. 64 is ok but you know your down on points against your opponent. Bont under an injury cloud so could be a late out.

Gold Rush · 18/04/2015 at 08:11

Roll the dice. Hogan

Dennis · 18/04/2015 at 07:49

Do I take Lonies 61 or roll the dive with Clark?

Mac · 18/04/2015 at 07:51

Lonie didn't get 61, he got 37. Put Clark on field.

Gold Rush · 18/04/2015 at 08:09

I'll dive with Clark because I don't like being Lonie.

eatemalive · 18/04/2015 at 07:56

Lonie scored 61 last week, 37 last night – you need to look at Gameday for upto date scores

Fred · 18/04/2015 at 08:00

Who do I put on the field hogan or clark

Frank · 18/04/2015 at 08:16

Clark for sure. No Tomahawk it seems, and should have plenty of chances. May go quite large.

Josh · 18/04/2015 at 09:38

Tom Lamb lining up at half forward for East Perth today in the WAFL.
Still worth trading him out for McGrath?
Anyone know what McGrath's JS is looking like?

Mke · 18/04/2015 at 09:49

Keep him.m

BundyBear · 18/04/2015 at 11:21

Im using Tom Lamb as my captains loop. Had the VC on Swan last . Least tom lamb is good for something

Mike · 18/04/2015 at 09:48

Thanks for that 58 from Savage Mad Mick!

(Ok I'd actually put him in before I read your article, but now I have someone to blame. )

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 12:18

He got a knock and was out for pretty much the entire second quarter. I'm sure he will be fine! 🙂 I thought he scored 74?

Connor · 18/04/2015 at 10:16

Who Do I Pick?

D. Rich, M. Bontempelli OR someone >500k

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 13:15

Depends entirely on your current structure and who you are trading out.

Dom · 18/04/2015 at 11:07

Start Vberg or cripps?

Tyler · 18/04/2015 at 12:03

Vandenberg for sure. Although saying that if Mick let's Cripps play his own game he could go large

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 13:14

Yeh i've decided to go cripps because i think less will start him.

Antonio · 18/04/2015 at 11:14

Did Anybody else start Lonie on? Are we screwed?

Mac · 18/04/2015 at 11:17

Cripps, Heeney, Vandenberg pick 2 to start

BundyBear · 18/04/2015 at 11:55

Hmmm I got the same dilemma. But only between Heeney and Cripps. Thinking about starting Cripps. He has to get it right. I dont think he wants Mick to backdoor him again this week

Tyler · 18/04/2015 at 12:05

Heeney and Vandenberg I reckon. Cripps is just too unpredictable for mine.

Brook · 18/04/2015 at 11:46

Anyone bring the bont in today? Rumours are circling but they were around for TBC last week

BundyBear · 18/04/2015 at 11:52

Dont believe rumours. Rumours had Josh Kennedy out last week. He kicked 10 goals.

the sprinkler · 18/04/2015 at 22:29

yeh i avoided bonts this week. most unlikely to play according to most footy stations tonight. too risky to bring in a round 3 donut. was gonna trade cripps for bonts but kept cripps. maybe bobts will play- maybe not. you'll find out very soon

WombatsFC · 18/04/2015 at 12:04

Hey Mick Savage is just an injury waiting to happen. Sure he might ave 93 for rest of the year but if you include 0 for each of the 4 games that he'll miss before round 23 that average drops to 76.

Mozz · 18/04/2015 at 12:05

Don't trade in the Bont just yet. Will be a late out

Northernsoul74 · 18/04/2015 at 14:56

Beveridge saying Bont is certain to play. Does seem to suggest Bont may need to be managed through the season though.

the sprinkler · 18/04/2015 at 22:31

wow- most sports reprters saying he is most unlikely to play.

carlashirley90 · 18/04/2015 at 12:06

Ok thank you to Charlesy Bundy bear and Filthy I will not come back on this site again, I made one comment from a nuetral stand point about the umpiring and I get childish criticism. If I was to expect responses like that maybe youtube is the place but here I have found it offensive. I add to this comunity and been apart of it longer than people know. I am not going to put up with stupid comments like above, all I was doing was talking about the game.

Thank Marco who actually conversed back about the game instead of being like the other three who had to paint me as whining Saints supporter, I go for Adelaide, I know free kick counts don't have to be even, I just put up my view on the game.

Thank you Jock for your wisdom over the last 4 years

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 12:15

No worries. Don't pay attention to idiotic comments that don't add value to the thread, there are idiots everywhere. would be a shame for you to not come back!

Mozz · 18/04/2015 at 12:21

Don't go :'(

Tofor · 18/04/2015 at 12:33

Come on Carla, don't take it to heart. Show a bit of resilience…
    Don't run off over something so petty 🙂

BundyBear · 18/04/2015 at 12:54

Hmm. I dont recall saying you were a whining saints supporter. I dont remember having a go at you at all. Dont know what made you think that I did. But I guess people can read into things anyway they want. Lighten up and dont be so serious

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 18:22

I can't see what was offensive in your comment or mine Bundy, and I had no intent to offend anyone either.
      I apologise for any offense taken, however I don't appreciate the "I am taking my bat-and-ball and going home response and then calling people childish and stupid just because they have a contrary viewpoint to theirs.

Bellybuttonfluff · 18/04/2015 at 13:41

Wow I don't think the comments were that bad. I'm saying this in a polite friendly manner btw. I've been in a lot of forums, including being in some heated arguments with moron racists, you know how narrow minded those people can be. But I don't think these guys were actually as bad,if at all, as you are making out. Hope you stay and are just having a bad day, like we all do 🙂

Gold Rush · 18/04/2015 at 15:48

Think your being a bit precious, read the replies and don't see the problem bar a element of not agreeing with your comment. Such is life.

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 18:12

You made a post about one sided umpiring and I responded "Why does the free kick count have to be even".
    What is offensive about that?
    Where did I indicate you were a "whining Saints supporter"?
    You put your view up – that's fine.
    Indicating that my contrary view is "childish" or "stupid" IS offensive. Luckily I have a thick skin. At the risk of being offensive – grow up.

shezza · 18/04/2015 at 12:16

Traded out Beams to VB and Lamb to Swan. So far, happy with my trades

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 12:22

I hope Beams makes you regret trading him out for my team's sake aha!

BundyBear · 18/04/2015 at 12:55

Beams will go LARGE today

the sprinkler · 18/04/2015 at 22:33

LOL- why would anyone trade out beams?????????????? thats ludicrous!!

shezza · 19/04/2015 at 08:10

Swan and Vb got approx 210 points between them compared to Beams and Lamb 125. Also have VB going up in value. Still very happy with my selection

Zilla · 20/04/2015 at 12:56

Your're mad Shezza… seriously.

Mozz · 18/04/2015 at 12:25

Sloane or Fyfe for the M1 position…..?

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 12:42

#fyfeislife

Locked and Loaded · 18/04/2015 at 12:53

Seriously cannot decide on Heppel or JPK I know you all think JPK is the best option although is it that silly to bring in Heppel instead??

Marco_Polo94 · 18/04/2015 at 13:13

Not silly, less people have heppell and he has looked great so far. He is a very consistent super coach player! Can't go wrong with either.

TOPHAWK1 · 18/04/2015 at 13:20

I dont have a problem with Heppell at all. Super consistent and rarely gets injured (Touch wood……..LOL) I dont have him, but he could be a strategic point of difference player for you. Probably many more going for JPK.
    Cheers

Charlesy · 18/04/2015 at 13:26

Not silly at all mate. Heppell is an emerging SuperCoach stud muffin so back yourself in

Locked and Loaded · 20/04/2015 at 09:43

Thanks for the backing boys was the right decision this week and had a generally quiet game as was tagged all day and manage to get 107. Happy days this WILL be his elite year

Tree · 18/04/2015 at 13:19

Looking at trading Goodes to Brodie Smith but not sure if Smith will be playing today after his concussion last week? Can anyone shed some light on the situation?

Charlesy · 18/04/2015 at 13:30

Crows reporting no changes mate and have named Wright as sub. Seems like Smith is playing unless they pull him out super late like saints did with Roo last night.

TOPHAWK1 · 18/04/2015 at 13:34

Brodie Smith is playing today. Been named. If you want to trade him in for Goodes you have approx 35 minutes to do so from the time of my post. Game starts at 1.40 Adelaide time/2.10 Melbourne time.Cheers

Tree · 18/04/2015 at 14:46

Cheers guys I really appreciate the help!

Nathan · 18/04/2015 at 13:38

Does anyone know how long Lonie is out for? Got a knee injury last night.

Kev · 18/04/2015 at 16:06

Looked fine to me. Walked off the field and was running sprints on the sidelines

Nic · 18/04/2015 at 13:51

Tom Lamb to Jaden McGrath or Cam McCarthy?

Kev · 18/04/2015 at 16:04

If you have the other top rookies and he is your F8, leave him. If you must trade, McGrath only because he's cheaper

Martin · 18/04/2015 at 16:14

Vandenberg is on 54 at 3qt, do i loop lambert to get his score or play heeney?

Patrick · 18/04/2015 at 17:11

Should i take hogans score or go with mcgrath?

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/04/2015 at 17:31

MICK, JOCK!!!! you need to let Champion Data know their SC final scores have a bug/fault – last week in hawks vs bombers they used 3qtr time SC scores then topped up a few key players. Hodge & Lewis got robbed. Happened again in Crows vs Dees CYE final sc was 107sc, Hogan 59 if u check Gameday in sc has CYE 72 Hogan 42 —- the SC will be ruined if this isnt fixed. Doctor Supercoach on facebook page has screenshots of final scores for verification

Simo · 18/04/2015 at 17:35

total agree….checked Sloane's score using Gameday and he was heading towards 120 during the last quarter….just checked final score he is now 94??? How does that work??? He had 30 disposals including 10 tackles

simo · 18/04/2015 at 17:45

Just checked again Sloane's score just got adjusted to 140 …..much better!!!!

Leon · 18/04/2015 at 17:48

fixed…. but for a game where people actually pay a monthly pass (99% of the reason I have the digital pass) there are way too many bugs and drop outs. Slow and hard to use. The website and app on the other hand is excellent

dognino · 18/04/2015 at 17:49

No need to stress, there's just been some lag after the games finish. Correct scores are fixed up after about 15/20 mins

THE SALTSHAKERS · 18/04/2015 at 18:00

Well Hodge 72sc at 3qtr time 23disp had 7 in last qtr for total 30disp 75sc!!! rounded up to 82sc – i watched the game should have been a 100+ hardly fixed if 7disposals inc a free for = 10sc. Thats how i noticed there is an issue or change in scores this year. A) its slow to post (on some games) and B) adhoc unfair bonus/junk allocation after game based on 3qtr time scores

Lach · 18/04/2015 at 17:49

Sloan should have 132 SC points according to gameday , I want to use captains loophole on him but now I can't till Champion data scores are fixed. It's bullshit

nick · 19/04/2015 at 16:52

and todays game I think lewis should have been scored 143 instead got 107 I added up he should have 171 then lost 28 points same as ebert last night got 30 points he should have got think supercoach is turning into a crap game to play is the players do not get the right scores would rather player fantasy etc what a joke

Leon · 18/04/2015 at 17:40

needs to be fixed in the next 12 hours, how can we take any score seriously?

Leon · 18/04/2015 at 17:50

Outsmarted myself. Loop holed cripps in the midfield and had the choice to take 89 or go heeney…… oh well it's never a perfect science

Lach · 18/04/2015 at 17:55

Thoughts on using the loophole on Sloan or take a risk and see what Fyfe pulls out?

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 18:30

Have the same situation decision to make Lach.
    Bank the Sloan 140 I reckon.

Lach · 18/04/2015 at 18:40

Yeah I think it's probably best to play it safe, if Fyfe does out score Sloan it won't be by that much.
      Gee I'd kick myself if I took the punt and Fyfe does something silly and gets subed off

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 18:59

Happened to me last year. Loopholed and held out for a better score and with my second bite of the cherry the captain I picked got injured and scored low.
        Good luck Lach.

Lach · 18/04/2015 at 19:21

same filthy let's see what tomorrow brings

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 23:46

Take the 140.

Redd · 18/04/2015 at 18:01

Should i play mitch clark or give jake mcgrath a crack?

Charlesy · 18/04/2015 at 18:44

Clark mate. Especially if Hawkins doesn’t play.

Charlesy · 18/04/2015 at 18:43

I just want to thank those experienced heads in the community who advised me directly or through their write ups to replace Gaz with a premium. I considered Shiel and Bont for Gaz and Cripps but went with Sloane and vb for Gaz and miller. Cheers!

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 19:55

Nice one Charlesy. Good move keeping Cripps too.
    I didn't have Gaz to worry about but did a bit of sideways correctional trading, like I did last year too.
    Moved out Beams for Sloane and swapped Miller for Rich. Happy so far, have to wait on the Brissy game. Sloan is a must have.
    Like you and many others, I was thinking about getting rid of Cripps but figured it was best to persevere with him as he is a high draft pick, in Carltons best 22 and capable of high scores (as long as Malthouse doesn't play him as a forward again).

Charlesy · 18/04/2015 at 20:12

True filthy, thanks mate. Beams will come good but you’re right , Sloane is a must have. Rich has started well so you’re looking the goods mate.

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 22:25

Beams scored well. It was a toss up between him and Parker for the chop as my underperforming premo. May have chosen the wrong one in hindsight but that’s the game and the chance you take. I only planned on one sideways trade adjustment anyway. Happy with Sloan and Rich though.

the sprinkler · 18/04/2015 at 22:43

actually no its not the chance you take. ever herd of NEVER trading out a keeper??? beams is a keeper. so oyu wasted 1 trade on rich= then u will waste a second trade getting rid of rich who will never be a keeper. so you'll use 7% of your trades on rich- thats a mega waste

and sideways trades are ok for injured keepers. once again rich is NO keeper so you will have to get rid of him at some stage

Filthy · 19/04/2015 at 12:13

Each to their own sprinkler. Finished 30th overall in SC last season . Allowed myself one trade for an underperforming premium then too – wasn't a "megawaste". Have all the required rookies, didn't have Ablett so saved trades with my initial team picks.
            I know Rich is no keeper but he will accumulate cash quicker than the slow-burning miller whilst gaining valuable points in one of my precious on field midfield spots. Easy to upgrade to a fallen premium around the time his price has peaked as his price will be close to 500k. 30 trades this season, more than last year.
            PS team not named "the Filth" this season…

Filthy · 19/04/2015 at 13:07

Oh and sprinkler, I traded Beams for Sloane not Rich. Sideways keeper for keeper…
            Yes hindsight – Beams scored 138. However Sloane was outscoring Beams by around 40 pts per game when I pulled the trigger. Beams was copping the tag in the absence of Rockliffe and was handpassing more than kicking in his role change.
            How many weeks before I could afford to bring Sloane in? Multiply the number weeks x points differential and also take into account that Sloanes price due to go up. i was looking at 200pts difference (- about the same amount i missed on getting the 50k last year..LOL)
            Touk Miller to Rich was the other trade. Had the extra cash at the start of the season just in case Gazza went beserk so I could pick him up easily if required. This trade is a rookie adjustment for a breakout midpricer.
            It takes a while to upgrade your mids to full premium status. Hence a mid-pricer like Rich makes a useful contribution so you don't bleed too many points in the midfield while you build your team. Also he has the potential to go big. Some players stack their midfield with premos straight away, but I find you need the mid-rookies for cash generation. Also some tend to bleed points on other lines because they have spent too much of their cap initially in the mids.
            Points per dollar is the key, along with luck. I don't mind your comment, but sometimes you go in a bit hard and border on coming across as being arrogant. Have fun and lighten up.

Rick Grimes · 18/04/2015 at 19:21

Ablett to JPK…great decision.

Derek · 18/04/2015 at 21:49

I went same. Don’t know how many times I had Sloane instead. Went JPK because I thought Thompson would take points away from Slone, I was half right.

Still happy with JPK though

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 23:50

I got JPK last week for Rockliff. Last week's score was good, this week's not so good. It's the average that's important.

WombatsFC · 19/04/2015 at 00:50

Any trade that gives you 50+ more points and saves you losing 70k+ is a great trade

dognino · 18/04/2015 at 19:46

Jeez have I gone into this season with the wrong premos. Most of my rookies are averaging more than my midfield so far. Have to stick fat tho and hope they pick up

Tyler · 18/04/2015 at 20:02

Glad I didn't pick Shiel!!!

BundyBear · 19/04/2015 at 03:25

Me too. Went gaz to fyfe instead. But taking Swans score for the captain

Josh · 18/04/2015 at 20:03

WTH is Gray play!!!!

Josh · 18/04/2015 at 20:05

*playing

dognino · 18/04/2015 at 20:09

The only consolation is my opponent has him too. On about 4 points half way though the 2nd

Bailey · 18/04/2015 at 21:46

Had danger as VC didn’t take his 74 thought i’d play it safe with gray as C. Now has 40 points halfway through the last quarter absolutely killing me

Tyler · 18/04/2015 at 22:12

That sucks mate

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 22:27

Unlucky matey.

BundyBear · 19/04/2015 at 03:24

Gray played crap tonight

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 18/04/2015 at 22:16

What do we think. Got the VC on sloanedog (140). Do I keep the C on Fyfe or chuck it on lamb and take the 140?

Filthy · 18/04/2015 at 22:30

Bank the 140. If Fyffe cops a knock or has a bad game ala JPK and Gray this round, you will kick yourself. Gambling for what may only be a maximum gain of 30 points.

the sprinkler · 18/04/2015 at 22:47

do you know how C scores work?

how much more do you expect from fyfe?

if fyfe scores 160 you get an extra 20 points compared to sloanes 140.

hardly worth the risk!!!! take sloanes score

for some reason many people think they get double the difference for C points- sorry but it doesnt work that way.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 18/04/2015 at 22:55

I know how the C works. Really close game at the moment my opponent has the VC on cotchin (144). 12 points between us. No guarantee Fyfe will go any higher so I think will take the 140 and hope Jelwood goes large 2mrw. Parker is killing me what is the go with the lad this year?

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 23:53

Scoring after concussions are often low for two or three weeks.

BundyBear · 19/04/2015 at 03:23

A lot of premiums arnt firing at the moment. Parker will come good. Im glad Beams had a decent night after the crap he produced the last few weeks

WombatsFC · 19/04/2015 at 00:48

Fyffster looking good for 170+ take the gamble its only early

the sprinkler · 19/04/2015 at 13:48

fyfe wont get 170 🙂

Tulendeena · 18/04/2015 at 22:36

It's up to Priddis and Naitanui to salvage this train wreck of a squad T_T

nick · 18/04/2015 at 22:36

hay I like to know who the hell dose the scoring for supercoach system as ebert should have scored 131 instead I got 100 even if he had clangers it was -6 think who ever puts the scores in think they put them in wrong or I add them wrong

the sprinkler · 18/04/2015 at 22:58

SC scores are like diving scores and gymnastics scores in the olympics. they arent based on anything other than opinion.

that said- on average better players score better. but once again no one really knows why. infact every week there are scores that most people go 'how the hell did they get that high/low score'.

still a good game.

SideBySidebottom · 18/04/2015 at 23:59

Some players regularly score higher than you'd expect and others the opposite. You'll get nowhere looking for consistency or justice,

nick · 18/04/2015 at 23:11

why have people jumped on shiel and bruce as everyone hear got fooled into there big scores and people have broken the no 1 and no 2 supercoach rule don't jump on someone who has a few good games as what shiel scored today he wll be doing a lot more scoes like that and also no 2 hold onto your guns selwood will get 160 tomorrow and people dumped cockatoo he will win the raiseing star just watch his burn teams of the next few weeks

Juzzy · 18/04/2015 at 23:43

Nise speeling,
    Spot on though. Chasing last weeks points. Same for everyone who traded out Cripps.

Benno · 18/04/2015 at 23:26

Imput please peeps!
Got the vc on Sloane with a solid 140. Thinking I should lock it in but who thinks Fyfe, my captain will go larger? League is going to be pretty close, this move could be the difference between a win or loss.

Derek · 18/04/2015 at 23:32

Take Sloane and be happy

SideBySidebottom · 19/04/2015 at 00:01

Don't be greedy.

Juzzy · 18/04/2015 at 23:37

I would love to be banking a 140 captains score this week.
    Take it unless in dire circumstances

Gold Rush · 19/04/2015 at 00:40

How you going to feel if Fyfe gets knocked out in the first minute of the game and is subbed?

WombatsFC · 19/04/2015 at 00:47

I think that there are a specific number of points awarded for each game, maybe 3400. add a few games up and find out for sure.
    If stats from all combined players amount to more than number of points allowed p/ game negative weighting is applied if less than the 3400 is accounted for by stats positive weighting is applied. Weighting is in part determined by the effect an action has on the play and by the level of skill and effort required to successfully complete an action. Or it could be that Champion data scorers drink more than Dools.

I N Pieman · 19/04/2015 at 08:46

The champion data boys don’t have a fridge likes Dools. He gets spoilt by fridge. Nice to see your about wombat!

BundyBear · 19/04/2015 at 03:21

Could someone please tell me if I have done the right thing. Im doing the captains loop for the very first time. I put the VC on Swan friday night. And then put Tom Lamb on the field with the big C. and put Mitch Clark on the bench and made him my emergency. Does that mean Swanny's score should double and I still get Mitch Clarks score to because lamb isnt playing. Mitch is my only emergency up forward. I am blonde and dont always get things right. Just hope I did this time. Any feedback is greatly appreciated. Thankyou.

Rocksta · 19/04/2015 at 04:33

The way you have done it is correct Bundy Bear

BundyBear · 19/04/2015 at 03:28

Another dumb question. Swan is on my forward line. and have lamb as captain and mitch clark as emergency. could I put ninnat on the pine and put read in as the captain and make nicnat my emergency? would that work too ? would i still get swanny;s points then and nicnats ?

Rocksta · 19/04/2015 at 04:35

That’s exactly what I’ve done to get Sloane’s VC score of 140.

BundyBear · 19/04/2015 at 11:13

Thankyou for your reply. Im starting to understand it now

Filthy · 19/04/2015 at 12:00

Scary isn’t it Bundy…

Westy · 19/04/2015 at 08:41

Held firm on Beams – happy

Saad Oxley & KMac may end up as d4 / d5 / d6 to the byes the way they are going.

Spewing I corrective traded out Tarrant in Round 1 to ensure I didn’t have a donut in R2

I N Pieman · 19/04/2015 at 09:19

No need to get rid of the 3 back rookie gems anytime soon. They are doing very well. Shane about Tarrant mate. It seems as soon anyone trades a player they smash it up the following week.

TOPHAWK1 · 19/04/2015 at 09:30

I held firm on Beams as well. Very bloody pleased! I knew he would fire back up. I dont understand why people are so quick to pull the trigger on super premiums. Also, I still have Dusty, P Cripps, and Lumumba. All these three guys have had one shocking game and I could have ditched them. All had excellent games this week. A bit of patience and a little tolerance is very important in this game.
    Cheers

Westy · 19/04/2015 at 12:13

Kept Cripps as E. I’ll take his 89 points for the bont.

TOPHAWK1 · 19/04/2015 at 09:53

Another super premium does down. This time Ollie Wines. His arm is buggered. I dont have him (Thank christ) but I seriously looked at him. If you have him he at least still scored you 76 points and an orderly corrective trade can be made. If you had him, you could look at Jobe Watson (147) or Trent Cotchin (144) as value for money replacement options for the quadzilla wines.

Just my take.
Cheers

BTW- What happened to Shiel and JPK (52 and 61 respectively). I have not touched Shiel (too high risk) and I nearly went for JPK. Both these guys were absolute sheit and need to fire up big next week.

TOPHAWK1 · 19/04/2015 at 10:22

Just a quick question. I am chasing Sloane's captain's points. I put the VC on him. Yesterday I placed Tom Read on the field (Made him captain- moved it to him from Fyfe) and plonked Maric on the Bench as an emergency. Provided Read does not play, (Which is 99% assured) would Sloane's score now double to a juicy 280 points? And still get the points for Maric?

I hope I have it right, otherwise I will be spewing big time!!

Fyfe could outscore Sloane today, but I reckon I am happy to settle for Sloanies 280 points.

Cheers,

Charlesy · 19/04/2015 at 12:04

That’s all correct mate. Don’t panic initially though because you won’t get the extra Sloane 140 or marics points until the round ends. So your score will jump at the end. Well done

Charlesy · 19/04/2015 at 11:51

Bont officially out! How happy are those who didn’t bring him in now? Goodes the sub

lostlarrikin · 19/04/2015 at 11:51

And the Bont is a LATE OUT!

TOPHAWK1 · 19/04/2015 at 12:35

Thanks Charlesy!

I have the Bont. Not too worried as he should be back next week. If not, then I will be extremely annoyed. LOL

As I have him sitting in my midfield, I am thinking of moving the captaincy from Read to Bontempelli just in case Read is a late inclusion like Hartung and Hrovat are today. I have P Cripps as my mid emergency. He scored 89 so I will get those points to cover Bonty's absence. So no major collateral damage to my overall score.

What do you think?

Charlesy · 19/04/2015 at 14:20

That works well mate.

nick · 19/04/2015 at 16:20

like I said last night who the hell dose the supercoach points again I think they have added points up wrong I think its crap swan gets 150 lewis gets 41 pos and gets a score of 107 what crap granted he got 28 points taken of what crap it is how they score

Joffa · 22/04/2015 at 12:59

Can anyone tell me what happened to Luenberger last weekend (I was o/s)

Glenn · 03/05/2015 at 17:35

Thanks for the advice on Savage man