Crave Designs - stunning water features

flesh-for-fantasy-150x150G’day community,

After the breaking news this afternoon surrounding Gary Ablett Jr, I had to scrap the previous Flesh and start again. When the greatest SuperCoach player of all time goes down with injury, we must address it and in depth.

Many avoided Ablett this year due to that dodgy shoulder, but many also stayed loyal to the king and have been burnt. Given his price, there is room to move and can go to any midfielder in the competition. Who you go to will have significant bearing on your season.

So this special GAJ edition of Flesh for Fantasy will look at what to do with Gary and who to trade him to.

So, lets get cracking.

Gone Gary Gone

There is just no way you can keep Gary Ablett if you have him. The beast in bald will miss this weekend against the Cats and there has been no definite timeframe given for his return. Even if he were to return in a couple of weeks, that shoulder is absolutely cooked. He has laid just one tackle all season and bottles it every time contact is imminent. Will take time for him to get back to his best and it looks like he will spend time up forward this season. Let’s also remember how significant that price drop is going to be. He is set to drop a lot in value so no point keeping someone who will leak cash. Time to wave goodbye, but not forever.

Who is worthy of replacing the ‘Beast in Bald’?

When trading Gary Ablett out, you can only replace someone like Gary with a blue chip premium. Our teams were built around Gary given his value and while it may be a good moneymaker to trade him down to a performing low range premium, you need someone who will give you 110-120+ every week. Here is a list of players you should seriously look at getting in:

• Nathan Fyfe (FRE) MID $657,600 – 115, 167
  • Jordan Lewis (HAW) MID $588,200 – 111, 154
  • Josh P Kennedy (SYD) MID $612,200 – 127, 130
  • Rory Sloane (ADEL) MID $616,900 – 145, 134
  • Scott Pendlebury (COLL) MID $668,800 – 113, 126

To repeat what I said, ideally you will trade in one of the five guys mentioned above and bank the 100+ sores every week. However, if you are looking for a risky option and a chance to make significant cash, look no further than:

• Dion Prestia (GCS) MID $569,800 – 107, 122
  • Daniel Rich (BRIS) MID $348,300 – 126, 100
  • Adam Treloar (GWS) MID $577,800 – 157, 107

Take it to the bank

Whoever you trade for Gaz is going to accumulate some coin for the kitty given his price relative to everyone else. When trading, use this as an opportunity to build up the cash, which will be so desperately needed when it comes time to upgrade our rookie-priced players. This is why getting guys like Jordan Lewis or Josh P Kennedy could be value because not only do they scored 110+ most weeks, but could give you upward of $150,000 for the kitty. Extra cash will be so valuable come the dreaded bye rounds.

It’s going to be tough to say goodbye to Gaz, but it is for the best and who knows – if he is to return to his dominate best, could be a nice little upgrade down the track. Good luck this week community and if you have any SuperCoach related questions, do not be afraid to ask in the comments section below.

Mr Crimmins

Ideas Man · 14/04/2015 at 17:32

Is Danger worth considering? $570K, use the extra cash to boost another line

Higgs Boson · 14/04/2015 at 17:39

Soft draw and Sloane should get more attention then last year.

Very solid option but not for me personally (I have Sloane, NVB and CEY in the mids)

Josh · 14/04/2015 at 17:48

I’ve gone danger easy as draw and think he can catch fire as Sloane will get tagged

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 17:50

G' day Josh
      Danger spending time up front where he is good but Slone is not concerned by tag. Slone over Danger mate

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 17:59

sloane = consistency
      danger = upside

Trab Pukcip · 14/04/2015 at 21:43

When has Sloane ever been tagged??? Never happens

Holty · 15/04/2015 at 14:41

The thing you need to look at is he going to finish the season as a top 10 midfieler? If you think not, it is a wasted trade as you will need to trade him later down the track.

L.Gibbs · 14/04/2015 at 17:36

Which rookie should I get rid of, Patrick Cripps or Nakia Cockatoo? And should I downgrade B. Goodes to

Oxley?

Higgs Boson · 14/04/2015 at 17:38

Cockatoo – doesnt play a fantasy relevant game
    Goodes to Oxley – bloody lock

cam · 14/04/2015 at 17:50

Agree with you here cockatoo is not a supercoach player, (he may be in the future but not this year) as he is always a sub risk

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 17:54

G'day Gibbo,
    Hold that trade mate, for as long as Possible, Ox had 1 great SC game, Goodes was sub for 10 SC points Wait Goodes is relevant to the Doggies, Luke Beverage even said it …Goodes is part of the leadership group…..
    I have both so I'm holding. …. I hope you do the same.

Derek · 14/04/2015 at 22:02

Are you serious about Goodes part of leadership group?

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 22:09

Most defiantly mate ..He is worth keeping

Jayden · 15/04/2015 at 17:21

But dools Oxley may have had only one good game but it will affect his next 2 price rises and has the potential to keep scoring in that young pies line up ( no Sidebottom)

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 18:08

with only 3 relevant rookies that are defenders, Oxley is almost must have.

Ethan · 14/04/2015 at 20:31

i love cockatoo too much to trade him out

nick · 14/04/2015 at 23:48

cripps who is looking at 2 to 3 weeks maybe its a back injury and they can be on going think nakia might explode this week

Brad · 14/04/2015 at 17:37

Was thinking of getting Bont this week for Gaz? Bank 340.000 then shift him into the forward line next week and bring Lewis or Kennedy in.

cam · 14/04/2015 at 17:51

Who would you be getting rid of for lewis or Kennedy?

Brad · 14/04/2015 at 18:05

Thinking I will bring in Lewis. Maybe get Kennedy after the bye. Only want to get bont in this week because he will jump about $50,000 next week.

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:29

That’s fair enough but next week who are you trading out for lewis?

Luke · 14/04/2015 at 20:41

forget the 50k and just trade in players you think will be in the top 6-8 for their line come seasons end. tricky trades only bring pain

[email protected] · 15/04/2015 at 09:45

Ive gone a similar move with trading Gaz for Vandenberg this week. (i have CEY, NVB and Rich)

Next week ill trade Shiel up Sloan or Lewis. Coat 1 extra trade but locks in the best low $ mids.

Stickman · 15/04/2015 at 15:52

You could just trade Gaz to Sloane or Lewis this week and therefore you save a trade and dont lose a keeper.

Dean · 15/04/2015 at 23:17

@[email protected] You have to be kidding right, trading GAJ to Vandenberg, to then trade someone like Shiel to Sloan or Lewis?

If your serious thats the silliest thing I have read this year. Why wast 2 trades to bring in the same player, if your thinking due to cash generation then think again because effectively each trade is worth $150,000 to $200,000

If you have Cripps or any other crap rookie just trade him to Vendenberg, then trade GAJ straight to Sloane or Lewis.

Lastly the LAST person I'll be trading out would be Shiel he is the highest scoring midfielder thus far for only $500k he will be worth $600k plus in no time and I wouldn't be getting rid of him until i see him have at least a few sub 70 games.

Sorry to sound harsh but you sound like u have a decent side and your going to stuff it up due to trading for the wrong reasons.

Good luck regardless mate…

Ben · 14/04/2015 at 17:41

Thinking of trading out brett goodes. Noticed both Rory Laird and Shenton scoring well at 300k. is this just good form or are their scores sustainable?

Ethan · 14/04/2015 at 20:30

seems like more good form than anything. We've seen in the past shenton scoring decent, then can have an absolute shit one.
    back goodes for now, if he's listed as the sub next week i guess you can trade him out

Youngster · 14/04/2015 at 21:21

A sideways trade if I've ever seen one. You either downgrade to a rookie like Oxley, upgrade to a premo or better yet, Hold. No point "chase da car" as crouching one would say.

Crowls · 15/04/2015 at 02:54

Mate spot on, trading one mid pricer for another not worth it. I have wells and want to trade him but to who. I have all the scoring rookies and some that I must wait on. cant afford to go up to a keeper. So he stays.

There are only two things to do, generate cash – this is who you trade in. Get keepers as soon as possible. If trades are not doing that dont do it.

Possibly look at leagues but again trades should be linked to above. learned my lesson last year. Traded to much to quick. did ok. Won a couple of leagues and finished 7733 but could have easily cracked top 3000 with more patience.

Higgs Boson · 14/04/2015 at 17:44

Thought on Brett Goodes to Josh Bruce

Goodes is a definite out for me – dont want a sub risk

Josh Bruce in would be purely a short term option for cash. Great 2 round average and a low BE combined with a soft draw coming up of COLL, CARL he could easily be pushing 400k considering the form he is in at the moment.

Gordo · 14/04/2015 at 20:42

I'm thinking the exact same or hunt

Rick Grimes · 14/04/2015 at 17:45

Dyson Heppell?

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 18:09

Drug Cheat!

Ian · 14/04/2015 at 18:37

Haz…..three clubs with proven cheats and not he Bombers…..can you guarantee your club is clean ? Of course you can't,

Harry · 14/04/2015 at 19:15

Haz save your bullshit abuse for Herald Sun columns. We talk Supercoach here

Jason WindowLicker · 14/04/2015 at 22:31

You’re a bloody low life Haz. Uneducated prick!

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 23:38

Sorry boys, didn't realise you only inject legal and non-performance enhancing substances into you… my apologises, won't make the same mistake again…

Jason WindowLicker · 15/04/2015 at 11:01

You are a peasant and an oxygen thief Haz. Hope you burn in hell with Caro

Haz · 15/04/2015 at 16:14

Wow, what an insult, may have to jump off the westgate , don't know how i'm going to live anymore. Apparently i'll meet up with you in hell, i even may be generous enough and throw a surprise party when you get down there.

Patch · 14/04/2015 at 18:58

Heppell a good choice, but not as good as Fyfe, Sloane, JPK and co. Unlikely to go big this year, and hasn't shown a massive ceiling. Next year.

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 21:02

Nice

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 21:09

Disagree on Heppell but then again who am I

Crowls · 15/04/2015 at 02:56

Like Heppell and will continue to improve. Dont see him going backwards but not sure he can be top 10 mid so not in my list. If he spuds it between now and byes and drops to 450 or so, then definite consideration.

Haz · 15/04/2015 at 16:19

Just to clarify, he's a gun and a massive POD. Lock him in for a consistent 105-120 every week. Put him in my team when they were cleared by the AFL. Just need to hope theres no appeals from WADA

cam · 14/04/2015 at 17:47

Hi community, I was wondering who everyone believes the must have rookies are in each line. I currently have Saad obey brown and McIntosh In defence. Vanderberg miller newton heeny ellie-yolemen crisps in my midfield and hogan Clark Salem lamb and Lambert in my forward line. I want this week to be about correction of rookies so who do you think I should correct?

Thanks

Higgs Boson · 14/04/2015 at 17:56

Must haves for me:
    DEF: Macintosh, Oxley, Saad
    MID: Heeney, Yoeman, Newton, Vandenberg (Rich and NVB also decent cows in RDT anyway)
    FOR: Clark, Hogan, Salem,

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 18:04

Backline: Saad / Mcintosh / Oxley
    Mids: Ellis-Yolmen / Heeney / V'berg / Sinclair / NVB / Sheed
    Rucks: No one
    Fwd: Hogan / Salem / Lonie / McCarthy / Clark / McGrath
    In order from must have – not so much

seaford scouse · 14/04/2015 at 23:04

Lambert out for 3 months mate, look to correct.

Charlesy · 14/04/2015 at 17:51

I’m considering that too Brad. I have a gut feel that Bont will be ok versus the second year blues and I already have 4 keeper premiums in my forward line. Bont could be a handy F5. However the safer bet at this stage is jpk or Sloane as a direct swap for Gaz. Any thoughts community?

cam · 14/04/2015 at 17:54

I think so to Charlesy, I am just not 100% sold on him. I am going gaz to Sloane as I love the way he plays and I already have fyfe pendlebury and beams

Charlesy · 14/04/2015 at 18:00

Thanks Cam, I’ve got Sloane in there for Gaz and it looks great! We have the same mids except I have Lewis instead of Beams. But you can’t lose with either of those guys. The Bont move would be gutsy though! Lol

Gold Rush · 14/04/2015 at 19:29

Reckon Bont is going to get torn a new one this week, time will tell – pass this test and I will start to take notice.

Crowls · 15/04/2015 at 02:59

Bont is the real deal guys. Might get torn a new one but will still score 100. I would have Bont over Dusty any day of the week. Dusty can play but geez he picks the wrong weeks for me when he spuds it up.

Northerner · 15/04/2015 at 06:09

I dont expect him to hold that average, but is excellent value at that price which is why I picked him initially. Just go onto season stats and guess who is leading the tackle count? – 3 more than next best. We are looking at an emerging superstar no doubt, agree some residual risk to the extent he cops the tag. Btw, he did cop the Sellwood tag in rd 1 and I suspect if Sellwood had been fully match fit his 126 would have been under 100, but at that price happy with that output. What was it that Dusty got in rd 1 when he copped the tag?!! All are susceptible.

adam · 14/04/2015 at 17:54

gaz to bonts, move him to forward
cripps to van berlo.
have 356k in the bank, next week going kolodashnij to smith, thoughts?
could put gaz on bench and see how bonts goes against the hawks?
cheers

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:04

If your going bont I feel you need to get him this week as he is predicted to go up by 67k with a -19 breakeven.

adam · 14/04/2015 at 21:13

but should i go to sloane, coz gaz to bonts might be a bit risky

TheAnointedOne · 14/04/2015 at 20:26

That's the trades I'm going with Adam. Crips to VB is a winner

adam · 14/04/2015 at 21:12

yeah thanks

Crowls · 15/04/2015 at 03:02

Love this move and would do it if I didnt start with Bonts. Also want to go KK to Smith next week. Not sure where the money will come from yet. I went GAJ to JPK. (Bloody told everybody i know not to start GAJ and then listened to all the talk about costs if he doesnt spud it. Blah blah. Too bloody late now, my cat is licking up the split milk cause I am not crying over it.

Jacko · 14/04/2015 at 17:55

What two trade shall i do

1.out goodes. in. oxley
out. miller. in. van berlo
2. out. ablett. in. premium mid
out. goodes or miller for oxley or van berlo

gary doesnt drop this week so do i get rookies in who will make money or trade gary now

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 18:01

I think Goodes to Oxley is a must as Oxley looked excellent on the weekend. If Goodes gets the vest on the weekend or even if he plays the whole game will struggle to get the 67 breakeven whilst Oxley's is -74. They are looking like similar JS and both rookie output so the extra 140k should be spent elsewhere

lm11 · 15/04/2015 at 16:18

Goodes to Oxley will be a better trade for next week.

Patch · 14/04/2015 at 19:01

From those two, Gary out; Premium in. Goodes out, Oxley in.

seaford scouse · 14/04/2015 at 23:10

would correct the rookies this week mate and do gaz next to a premium, could even save you more cash and the points difference this week over the season is negligible

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 17:55

Am going GAJ to Sloane/JPK and Goodes to Oxley this week, thus leaving me with 270k in the kitty. Pretty sure of those trades being the most urgent but wondering what (especially if Cripps burns us again this week) I should do in preparation for trading with the cash next week. Worried about going a mid pricer like Rich or even Bont in the guts after 1 price rise. Or should I go a cheaper GAJ trade e.g. Lewis allowing me to upgrade Cripps to Swallow?

Thanks for any help.

cam · 14/04/2015 at 17:59

I may have a solution, trade gaz to van berlo or any other rookie priced player. Then next week if cripps has another stinker upgrade him to a Sloan/jpk. That way u don’t miss out on a rookie who will increase in price this week.

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 18:06

Ouch, 540k on the bench not sure I want to cop that. Nice idea though and may be the only way to save the loss, will have to weigh up.

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:21

I suppose it’s a lot of coin to not use but its only for one week

Youngster · 14/04/2015 at 21:26

Not to mention the loss of much needed premium point scoring…. Good idea, could pay off but it is a big gamble…

Sean · 14/04/2015 at 17:55

Luckily I avoided Gaz in my starting team so don’t have to worry about who to trade to.

I do have B.Goodes though. I’m thinking of trading him to N.Brown. Already have Saad, McIntosh and Oxley. Can’t upgrade.

What does the community think?

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 18:07

Brown's useless, better off going all the way down to one of the cheapest guys, or someone like Goddard and pocket the cash or upgrade to a keeper. Brown should only make approximately 50k at best.

Youngster · 14/04/2015 at 21:28

Yep, Brown is a sideways trade. Hold Goodes until you can upgrade to a season keeper as you already have the 3 must have rookies. Put Goodes on the bench until you have the cash to upgrade. With a bit of luck, he'll have appreciated in value by then.

Ben · 14/04/2015 at 18:07

I'm in the same situation. I wouldn't go to brown but I have noticed that Rory laird and Cameron Shenton are averaging 100. Tempted to take a punt but I'm worried about getting burnt.

Swans2012 · 14/04/2015 at 20:25

Pair of burnmen for mine!

@SeanySamp · 15/04/2015 at 14:49

Cheers fellas. Was thinking of using the Brown trade as a cash grab and a heart beat on the bench for the year, and using the other 3 rookies as my cash cows.

Pez · 14/04/2015 at 18:06

Thoughts on Mundy? In .6% of teams, IMO will average over 110, thoughts..?

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:13

i too like the idea of Mundy, is a proven 100+ players in last couple of years. The question I ask myself is he going to average at least 115 for the season which can make him a keeper. Depends on structure of your mids, if you have both Fyfe & Pendles.. I don’t consider it too much a risk. If you don’t have one of these players I would lock them in before Mundy. So many good mids this season with JPK, Fyfe, Pendles, Wines, Lewis, Beams, Sloane, Selwood ( when his price drops) the potential in Prestia, Shiels & Treloar and eventually Rockliff or Ablett later down the track.

@Seekersupacoach · 14/04/2015 at 19:35

I am also considering Mundy. He is a great POD and is priced similarly to Wines and is in a terrific team. If all else fails you can then use him again to trade GAJ back in later.

Mac · 14/04/2015 at 18:06

Still can't decide between Lewis Sloane and JPK.
Current mids are Gaz( who is getting traded) Selwood, Beams, Parker, Fyfe.

Winter · 14/04/2015 at 18:18

Get Pendlebury if you don't have him

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 18:34

Pendles is under an injury cloud

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:47

He will be alright, how many times do we see him getting scans on a Monday! A bloody lot, it’s always precautionary.

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:18

I really like JPK & Sloane. But Sloane will appreciate more whereas JPK won’t. If you look at your byes too you can decide who works better depending on your current set-up.

Luke · 14/04/2015 at 21:19

I'd go lewis or JPK with JPK my fav.

Youngster · 14/04/2015 at 21:31

All things being equal, perhaps it's time to consider which of these premiums will work best come the byes…

Ryan · 14/04/2015 at 18:08

Should I trade out Hibberd or Boak?

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 18:10

Phil · 14/04/2015 at 20:04

Hibberd has played last years grand finalists.
    Boak has played Sydney and Freo away
    Both will improve

SideBySidebottom · 14/04/2015 at 21:14

Neither.

Tofor · 15/04/2015 at 10:19

Just Don't.

Brad · 14/04/2015 at 18:08

Do u guys think its priority to get rid of goodes and crips? Doing this would mean holding GAJ till next wk as his price won't drop. Is this too much money to have on the bench for 1 wk?
Other option is out GAJ, and either crips or Goodes

Pez · 14/04/2015 at 18:11

Keep cripps, get rid of GAJ. Far too much money on the pine and cripps will get his chance

Haz · 14/04/2015 at 18:15

Cripps isn't a must drop right now, but be careful. He could realistically float in and out of the team and could potentially see a few vests. Goodes scoring a 10 really hurts cash generation for the next couple of weeks. If you can upgrade him, great as theres no downgrade options if you have oxley/saad/mcintosh.

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 18:15

I Cripps will not drop in price so depending on if you are going down to a must have mid rookie and simply upgrading Goodes then maybe Cripps first but in any other situation I would go Goodes as he will probably drop a bit this week.

Brad · 14/04/2015 at 18:53

Was thinking GAJ to Sloan, then crips to rich. That would mean keeping Goodes as I have Macintosh Saad and Oxley as my other def rookies.

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:24

I feel like Carlton need to throw Cripps at it. They call this kid the extractor & is to be the heir to Judd, they really need to develop him sooner rather than later. He plays well enough, probably hand balls too much for my liking.

4rm · 14/04/2015 at 22:34

I'm downgrading Goodes to NVB. I started Saad in the mids.

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 18:10

Thoughts on Ablett and Cripps out and Lewis/Wines and Rich in?

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:26

If that is your only trades then it is a yes in my book. Two solid premiums & a good mid pricer who won’t be a keeper but is a great stepping stone.

john · 14/04/2015 at 18:15

Gary out/ van berlo in
goodes out/ saad in

then use cash to upgrade miller next week to premuim ?

Bilbo · 14/04/2015 at 18:29

That's my plan john

Macca · 15/04/2015 at 02:54

I made same call on gaz to nvb but went goodes to oxley. got way too much coin in pocket but only for 1 week.
    target options have 1 more game to prove consistency….. Brown, Miller, Cripps, Luenberger on notice and Lambert a trade necessity next week.

Northerner · 15/04/2015 at 06:23

Good trade combo for the long term. You can upgrade 2 mid pricers next week to premos. I don’t buy comments that it’s too much coin on the park as it’s one week and you’ll be close to full premium than not picking up these rookies and their cash generation. All for the cost of the difference in score between NVB v a premium for one week.

Charlesy · 14/04/2015 at 18:16

Shiel for Gaz and bonts for Cripps. Can someone give me a good reason not to do this? I feel like I’m missing something. Thanks in advance community

Gary Ablett · 14/04/2015 at 18:41

Although you are creating two good cash generations, I feel you could be chasing points going in with both. could go a lot worse though.

Charlesy · 14/04/2015 at 19:47

Thanks Gary. Good food for thought there mate

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:41

The question us can u trust shiel to perform each week? Look at last year he had 10 scores under 100 including some extremely poor scores of 41,62,69. Is that what you expect of someone worth that much.

Charlesy · 14/04/2015 at 19:51

Thanks heaps Cam. Those stats you’ve given me are gold. Maybe Shiel is having a break out year but perhaps I should stick with Sloane for Gaz

rbailey · 14/04/2015 at 18:49

bont and shiels could be a trap. scoring well now but neither have played top teams yet. They should average around the 100 but may not finish in the top 10 fwds (bont), definitely not top 10 mids. i was considering the same trade but jack instead of shiel, better off trading gaz for a sloane or kennedy who are definate top 10 mids ,barring injury. just my opinion though, go with your guts!

Tman · 14/04/2015 at 23:27

Shiel is a gun and will go alright…but most likely be a keeper. He tagged the oppositions best mids last year and learnt from the exp.

They are letting him loose this year. But next few rounds should be telling.

Tman · 14/04/2015 at 23:28

Wont be a keeper i meant.

sparticus · 14/04/2015 at 18:17

hi community
thoughts on Goodes to laird

Ben · 14/04/2015 at 18:51

Thinking the same thing. Also considering Shenton

Youngster · 14/04/2015 at 21:34

From one stepping stone to another. If it works, you're a genius, if get burnt you'll know why sideways trading and chasing last week's points is not a winning strategy.

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 18:17

Thoughts on what is an allowable amount of cash in the kitty for one week (to determine whether I go Gaz to mid pricer first or Cripps to ultra premo)?

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:23

Depends if your going for the money or just for league wins

Anonymous · 14/04/2015 at 18:19

Now Ablett is OUT, will Miller keep his spot thoughts …

Billy · 14/04/2015 at 18:41

Would have to help JS if anything

@Seekersupacoach · 14/04/2015 at 19:37

Hallahan and Harbrow also out this week at least too. Miller ordinary but is probably in for at least one more week

JB · 14/04/2015 at 21:10

Significant May find form

Digga · 14/04/2015 at 18:20

What would be a better move community, Cripps to NVB or Hamling/Goddard to oxley?

Lach · 14/04/2015 at 19:29

Def get Oxley

Luke · 14/04/2015 at 21:22

Not by trading Hamling though, just keep him on your bench. Got Goodes? He's a good trade to Oxley. I'd hold Goddard another week.

Anthony · 14/04/2015 at 18:22

Going to trade Ablett to Sloane (it's a sad day). I went against my better judgement and picked Ablett last minute but I just couldn't leave him out despite his injury and lack of preseason. Anyways I was just wondering who you guys think is a better trade for Cripps – Bontempelli or Rich. Rich is more likely to be a stable earner/point scorer whereas Bontempelli is more fun to watch/follow and likely to go big or small if he gets tagged. Do you guys think Bont is worth the risk for the potential big scores and potentially being last years Gray/Parker/Swallow?

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:37

You will see that dogs have a tough next few games, chances are that Bont might beat the tag but remember his only 19. Whereas the Parker, Gray and Swallow all a bit more years in their system. His is definitely a future star. Great tackling machine too! I think Rich will give you that consistency where the Bont will drop to that 80s sometimes.

Glorin · 14/04/2015 at 20:20

I think it will be reverse. Rich will drop lower scores in more often than the Bond. The Bont won't always go as big as he has so far, but will still score well due to high tackles count etc. Does more without the ball to get points And you can enjoy watching the guy even more knowing you are getting points too!

@gcuthber · 15/04/2015 at 00:47

The Bont got tagged by Selwood in round 1 and broke him. I predict high scores early with a late season fade due to his age. If you get him you shouldn't be looking at him as a keeper.

Crowls · 15/04/2015 at 03:17

This is probably closer to the truth. Love the kid and what fun to watch. Dont think early tags are an issue but late season fade out may be. If so will be a downgrade option or upgrade. My original thought was to hold him to the end of the year but will assess as the season progresses. gcuthber not sure whether to thank you or not for pointing out the flaw in my POD preseason selection that is no longer POD.

Winter · 14/04/2015 at 18:23

Wanting to trade out Gary to Sloane but that would leave me with 3 Adelaide players just in the guts (Van Berlo + Ellis-Yolmen, would that be ok or just play it safe and downgrade Gary to Lewis? My other mids consist of Pendles, Fyfe, Griffin, Rich, Heeney, Vandenberg, Anderson, Krakouer….

My other trade is Joel Hamling to Oxley which I see is a must!

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:25

Nah it’s fine mate as nvb and ellie-yolemen will be traded out of your team around the byes. Meaning you will only have 1 Adelaide player left. Btw they have a soft draw until the byes so in a way it’s a good thing.

CJay · 14/04/2015 at 18:31

I have a similar dilemma Winter.
      Already have Sloan and CEY but wanting to get in NVB for the injured Lambert. fwd/mid
      Good point cam makes but what do others think?

Gaz to JPK for me.

Phil · 14/04/2015 at 20:11

Having 3 Adelaide midfielders is a good thing because they have a good draw to the byes and Sloane is your only one that will be there after the byes.

Hamling to Oxley solid trade as well. 2 of the better trades I've read so far buddy

Blake · 14/04/2015 at 18:25

for a risky move but a cash generating possible good one thoughts?
beams out – rich in
goodes out – b.smith in??

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:27

Why would u get rid of beams. Did u learn nothing after last week where martin Jacobs griffen etc played a poor game then backed it up. Hold your premiums.

Blake · 14/04/2015 at 18:37

always have but with a break even of -21 rich if he pulls a 90+ will make cash quick and will be easy to upgrade to someone like gaz if he comes back firing and while also giving me a solid premo down back hmm unsure haha

Youngster · 14/04/2015 at 21:40

You're plans to burn trades are breathtaking. Hold Beams. If don't have all your rookies, grab them now. If you have some failing stepping stones, consider your options there first. If you don't have either of those problems, then you have reason to trade.

r2d2 · 14/04/2015 at 23:13

What about gaz? Keep him too …that what you saying

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:39

Don’t trade Beams. A trade holds more value than cash in the long run. Especially trading out a premium, if not injured never do.

Nathan · 14/04/2015 at 18:29

ablett to Kieran jack
Only in 1.2% of teams great POD
Priced @ $555K
Kennedy and Hannebery will get the attention first I feel
Thoughts??

Simon · 14/04/2015 at 18:39

If jack does get tagged he can struggle to break it

Rbailey · 14/04/2015 at 18:50

i like

Charlesy · 14/04/2015 at 20:00

Sounds good mate. Your logic works there

bob · 14/04/2015 at 20:54

Great choice if I had ablett would definitely get jack in if I had Fyfe, watch Sydney a lot and feel he can play a tag well when he's fit, and I think he's fit!

r2d2 · 14/04/2015 at 18:30

This sounds crazy and not sure what griff BE is , but gaz down to jpk and griff up to Lewis this week ???? Or gaz to jpk or Lewis and tbc upto bonts …??? Thoughts

r2d2 · 14/04/2015 at 18:34

Bare in mind price rise in each option , some thoughts please community

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:44

I prefer the second option

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 18:45

G'day my little robotfriend

Griff B/E 125 .. If you have him Keep .. Gaz to JPK or Slone depending on Your Preference mate

r2d2 · 14/04/2015 at 19:14

What you think of 2nd option dools? And g’day to you too good sir

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 22:12

Hi Mate
        Bonts has 3 strong games, Hawks , Sydney and the Crows, Your call ……

Anthony · 14/04/2015 at 19:25

I am contemplating getting in the Bont myself but is it worth getting rid of Bellchambers for Bontempelli? Not sure what your ruck combo is (mine is GoldNui) so it would really depend on what you are sacrificing. Bellchambers will be the lone ruck during the Round 13 bye and is a safety net.

Griff to Lewis gives you more piece of mind but again this sideways trade may cost you unless you are confident Griff will seriously struggle and Lewis will continue his upward trend. Griff's BE is 122 and likely to drop $8-12K. Griff has not being playing badly just the players around him are pulling their weight.

Gaz to Lewis/JPK is a YES not sure about the other 2 trade ideas though

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:45

Ablett to Lewis or JPK yes but don’t trade Griff out or TBC. Those 30 trades look like a lot but you can already see what has happen in the first couple of weeks with players going out because of injury. TBC I suspect is in your forward line for insurance for your rucks. Stick to your initial strategy.

r2d2 · 14/04/2015 at 20:10

He is in my fwd line yes …. Nic nat and mAric rucks

Ian · 14/04/2015 at 18:35

I'm thinking the Bont and pic up $300k, plus another $150 when he rises over the next few weeks. Thoughts ?

Dave · 14/04/2015 at 18:36

Will breakevens be posted this year guys?

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 18:38

Dave go to footywire http://www.footywire.

Dools · 14/04/2015 at 18:40

Sorry Dave,
      footywire.com

Dave · 14/04/2015 at 19:52

Thanks Dools!

David · 14/04/2015 at 22:24

To serious

Simon · 14/04/2015 at 18:37

Thoughts on the below trades
Ablett to jpk and
B.goodes to docherty
Or is there someone else than docherty with about 420,000 to spend

Simon · 14/04/2015 at 18:43

Sorry 453,000 to spend

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:50

Who are your rookies down back mate?

Simon · 14/04/2015 at 19:01

I have mcintosh, saad, Oxley I was looking for a trade and keep type of player

cam · 14/04/2015 at 19:08

Although it’s against jocks wishes Higgins is playing well.

Simon · 14/04/2015 at 19:18

Already have Higgins, lumumba, gibson

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:49

If you have to trade, Laird & Rance look good. Rance in at 470k though. Not sure if
    Docherty is the real deal… Wayno would argue yes.

bob · 14/04/2015 at 20:56

rampe and kieren jack are two great options

Donkey on the Edge · 14/04/2015 at 18:43

didnt have GAJ but considering the following….

A.Swallow to Sloane and Cripps to Van Berlo.

Swallow could be a 100 point player but he isnt in the same league as Sloane , and Van Berlo's output is nearer Swallows at nearly 300k cheaper. Looking at BE im going to suffer on Swallow if i keep him in where as both Sloane and NVB will be way over their BE's

Thoughts coaches please

cam · 14/04/2015 at 18:45

I haven’t really looked to closely to swallow and I’m unaware of his capabilities but I think both of those trades are for the better.

Billy · 14/04/2015 at 18:49

HOLD swallow

Rbailey · 14/04/2015 at 18:54

Need some advice, i have Gaz, lambert, lamb, cripps and goodes. Who do i trade? thinking gaz and either lamb or lambert are the most essential. At least lambert is DP so some use until another rookie starts playing. i Was originally thinking gaz and cripps for jack and bont but then i have lamb and lambert still. Help!

Rbailey · 14/04/2015 at 19:04

and is it an issue trading in sloane when i already have dangerfield?

Jules · 14/04/2015 at 19:19

Dont think it’s a drama to keep the 2 Lambs, a lot will prob hold them. The west coast one might play again and at least with lambert hes a swing man/ strategic donut for emergency loophole.
      Sloane’s a gun very consistent shouldn’t matter if u have Paddy already.

Jack · 14/04/2015 at 18:54

Sloane, JPK or Lewis?

Jules · 14/04/2015 at 19:14

Reckon that’s the order of preference for most of the community based on other comments 🙂
    Cant really go wrong with any of them depends in byes I guess

Girdle · 14/04/2015 at 19:01

Goodes just isn't going to make cash like I had hoped. Could play it safe, downgrade to Brown as D8 and pocket the $100k. Or upgrade to Bruce for $50k…..just hear me out……BE of -56, will be over $400k in two weeks. Playing against Coll and Carl, then small upgrade to fallen premium like Hibberd or Malceski. Too crazy?

Dolls · 15/04/2015 at 00:21

too crazy. Brown will get 30 – 50 each week and will not improve in price (much, or quickly enough). Don't think Bruce will kick 6 every week to justify the 2 trades (1 to get him in and 1 to move him out).

Girdle · 15/04/2015 at 02:18

I’m aware he won’t kick six every week. But looking at his BE, he only needs to score 60-80 in the next two games (possible against Collingwood and Carlton!) to get over $400k. That’s on the back of that 145 last week. Then it’s practically a straight swap to Hibberd/Malceski

Basil · 14/04/2015 at 19:03

I’m wanting to trade out cripps but I’m seeing a lot of people saying keep him. My

Bailey · 14/04/2015 at 19:06

My problem is that cripps having missed a game has put him behind others rookies in terms of price change. What does the community think??

Jules · 14/04/2015 at 19:11

Another question to ask which most of us are facing: is it worth trading Cripps or give him another go?

I can do GAJ to JPK and Cripps to Rich.

But I also have spud Rookies in J Nelson (WCE) and T Miller would it b better offing one of them to Van Berlo.

Or just don’t do the 2nd trade at all as I’ve already got the other must have rooks

Help appreciated

Gold Rush · 14/04/2015 at 19:38

NVB is going up approx 70K, I've dropped Miller for NVB as I want the cash generating machine cranking. Miller is safe for now.

Mac · 14/04/2015 at 19:12

Thoughts

Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Kolo, Goodes, McIntosh, Oxley, Hamling
Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Beams, Parker, Cripps, Vandneberg, CEY, Heeney, Miller, Steele
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lonie, Lambert

Was thinking either to do one trade this week by doing Ablett to JPK but realised if I do 2 trades, I can trade Ablett to Lewis and Cripps to Rich.

Thoughts?

Boggers · 14/04/2015 at 20:11

reckon a lot of coaches will be following those trades this week

Hotplates · 14/04/2015 at 19:13

Bit of help here guys:

– Gaz to Lewis or Sloane? Thinking Lewis as best supercoach scorer in best side who will win most of their games.

– Then either:
– Miller/Cripps to NVB (Means missing out on Bont)
– TBC to Bont (Means I lose that ruck swing, but feel my scoring will be better for it – though I miss NVB as a cash cow)

Already have all other decent cash cows.

Dee · 14/04/2015 at 19:15

What's D. Rich'is break even anyone?

Filthy · 14/04/2015 at 19:33

Rich – current break even is -19

Jmy7 · 14/04/2015 at 19:16

I am hating macaffer more and more for ruinning the winner of should be 3 brownlows and now fantasy footy, so….

I’ve got Jesus who will rise again, though as I have cripps and sheed, I’ll trade cripps out this week,

Now with may last trade of the week do I trade out kk/thumber for Tom McDonald or, or trade out Gary,

?can I trade Gary out next week without loosing to much dosh. Great article mr crimmins.. Need advice community

Mac · 14/04/2015 at 19:26

Keep Kolo, nothing wrong with him

Jmy7 · 14/04/2015 at 19:54

Cheers

Gold Rush · 14/04/2015 at 19:41

Advice is – DON'T HATE.

Jmy7 · 14/04/2015 at 19:56

yeah thank?

Tommy · 14/04/2015 at 19:19

ablett to sloane and then managed to get cripps to rich also cant decide who to start ibbo or oxley

Soul87 · 14/04/2015 at 19:21

How longs Lambert out for? Wondering weather to trade him or not to hogan

Mac · 14/04/2015 at 19:26

6-8weeks

Davo · 14/04/2015 at 19:29

Trade by the time lambert is back you could have traded hogan to a premo

koodis · 14/04/2015 at 19:30

I know playing it safe and GAJ to Sloane is prob the safe option. But why do I keep convincing myself of going to Bont instead… Frees up more cash, probably at his lowest price for the season, and I feel u will always have a chance to pick up a premo mid on a price dip. Will be used as F5 or later in the season even F6..

Risky call but would rather have more cows to milk in the mids than up fwd

Thoughts?

Derrick · 14/04/2015 at 19:57

Ablett would of been your Captain choice at that price tag, so moving him to Bonts does not really do it for me. You might already have Fyfe & Pendles who are next in line for the C every week with no Ablett. But I think the safe best is to strengthen that void of no Ablett with a Sloane or JPK. Treloar started great last season but could not maintain it, I think Bonts is at similar risks. Sloane is proven & had a great consistency last season. At the moment he looks like he still has more to offer.

koodis · 14/04/2015 at 20:11

Thanks mate
      Already have fyfe pendles selwood gray
      All ready made captain replacements
      Doesn’t make the decision any easier
      Would only consider Sloane given the byes of the other premo mids I’ve already got

shane · 14/04/2015 at 21:16

The problem is that Bont may not be a keeper and if not the cash he generates is meaningless (unless its near 200k)

koodis · 14/04/2015 at 19:39

Not sure why everyone is off the Cripps train so early
He will get plently of game time this year
If you saw how they played last week their midfield apart from Judd was pathetic.. They will need to start giving their younger players time in the middle to develop as Judd will be retiring after this year

Favalinko u Beauty · 14/04/2015 at 20:32

Agreed

shane · 14/04/2015 at 19:49

Well thats just great isnt it. Spent all preseasin working out my top 8 mids and who would be off to a slow start from those (Ablett Rockliff and Selwood) Now everyone will have the same Mids as me. Those 5 guys you mention are my midfield with Ablett and co to come. Shattered lol

Phil · 14/04/2015 at 20:23

Be happy man you've nailed your midfield. Even if people do end up with the same midfield as you its cost them trades to get there and they won't get the first 2 scores of those guys which you do. Focus on getting your other lines right now.

shane · 14/04/2015 at 21:18

True. Thanks. Was pretty happy with my POD mids but the Abletts and Co have done worse than I hoped. Wanted ppl to hold ablett at least 2 more weeks. Lol. Oh well.

Rob · 14/04/2015 at 19:53

Boak is going for me. Has a massive BE and cant handle a tag.

I will have 578K if i trade him.

Any suggestions?

David · 14/04/2015 at 22:27

Wines

Nicholas · 14/04/2015 at 19:55

Hi community, i currently have ablett, cripps and goodes in my side. I dont have rich, sloane, oxley, jpk, nvb. I was wonderiung which is the better trades to make. I have 15k already in the bank. I was going to go ablett-sloane, cripps-rich but i am 3k off that. Any help is appreciated Thanks.

Brillsy21 · 14/04/2015 at 20:03

Definitely trade Goodes for Oxley and then i'd say Ablett to JPK. I'm in the same boat as you except I already have Oxley so am stumped!

Gordo · 14/04/2015 at 20:07

Sheil from gws?

Brillsy21 · 14/04/2015 at 19:58

who do I trade Goodes to if I don't have enough for T. Hunt and already have Saad, Mcintosh and Oxley?

Soul · 14/04/2015 at 20:14

Best option would be to hold him

Blueprime · 14/04/2015 at 21:18

Leave him on the bench. He will still get games. Probably wont be the sub all that often. Probably will earn you cash and be good cover at times. Brown is probably the only cheapie around and he is unlikely to rise much in price. AND IT WILL SAVE YOU A TRADE!!!

Gordo · 14/04/2015 at 20:06

goodes to bruce or hunt? and is it worth going newton to nvb

Matt · 14/04/2015 at 20:23

Tossing up between Wines or Shiel. Which of these two are a must have, and if so is there anyone else in this price range that looks good?

Gordo · 14/04/2015 at 20:25

I'm a big fan of shiel had him in a lot of the preseason but didn't have the balls to keep him and went to grifffen instead

jmy7 · 14/04/2015 at 22:44

Wines is the pick for me and is in a better team,though sheils looks a player

iamme · 14/04/2015 at 20:27

Thinking of trading Ablett for Rich and Clem Smith for Vandenberg which will leave me with 529,400 in the bank for when Gazza comes good….. thoughts community?

Gordo · 14/04/2015 at 20:29

you want to be investing that money into a wines/sheil/someone that is going to post decent totals and make you a bit of money then trade them to gaz when he comes back and is fully fit. wouldn't go all the way down to vandenberg

iamme · 14/04/2015 at 21:02

Only went for Vandenberg as Clem Smith has done S.F.A in the opening rounds and Vander will increase by 30 or 40k this week surely?….. I picked Rich as I think he has some cash to make, I then hope to make a straight swap for Gazza.

Jordan · 14/04/2015 at 20:35

Gaz to Lewis and Ibbo to B.Smith or Cripps to Rich

Thomas · 14/04/2015 at 20:35

If gary doesnt play this week will his price still drop??

Gordo · 14/04/2015 at 20:41

Luke · 14/04/2015 at 21:39

No, prices only affected if the player posts a SC score

G · 14/04/2015 at 20:38

Hi folks

Need advice

I have an opportunity to replace beams with jpk and Parker with Slone, what should I do and why?

Thoughts

Thanks

bob · 14/04/2015 at 20:57

nothing.

just nothing

Liam · 14/04/2015 at 21:20

Hold your premiums champ dont sideways trade. This week you should just be looking at making corrective trades with rookies, and trade out GAJ if you own him.

Blueprime · 14/04/2015 at 21:29

Agree.

G · 14/04/2015 at 21:30

I know that’s what we do but both beams and Parker are going to drop more than 30,000. That’s the dilemma

jmy7 · 14/04/2015 at 22:46

So, with premiums you really only want there scores, why even think about trading them

Mozz · 14/04/2015 at 20:54

Community i have the answer for those who want to get rid of Ablett, Cripps and Goodes
THIS WEEK
Ablett –> NVB
Goodes –> Oxley
Both will go up in price this week insanely

NEXT WEEK
Cripps –> Sloane/Fyfe/JPK etc

you get rid of all 3 and that's max cash generation

shane · 14/04/2015 at 22:23

Precisely why the good coaches make trades in round 1. You can only make 2 after rnd 2. The hard part is majing that call rnd 1.

r2d2 · 14/04/2015 at 23:27

Spot on shane ……… Maaattee

Derek · 14/04/2015 at 22:32

You are chasing last weeks points.

Keep your trades, will be worth more than the extra dollars you make this week

BlakeyP · 15/04/2015 at 11:39

No they are not chasing points at all, they are trading in money generation which is important to get.

The trade mentioned above:
      Ablett needs to go injured
      Goodes is lucky to be in team and been sub so money gen limited
      Cripps dont believe you need to trade him but if fails next week worth trade to premium if you got the money

Brett · 15/04/2015 at 01:13

Call it madness … exactly the same trades i was thinking and stock piling cash ! My mids are fyfe, selwood , jpk , griff , judd , rich and obviously gaz ! Yolmen , van & heeney are rotating through m8

I took bellchambers so either him to bont and have 400k to upgrade pearce and goodes the following week

or goodes to oxley … thoughts

Go the titans

RTK · 14/04/2015 at 20:54

Need some advice:

option 1: Goodes to Oxley – Lambert/Cripps to NVB
Option 2: Goodes to oxley – Ibbotson to Premium, Thinking Rance?
Option 3: Goodes to oxley – Bellchambers to Bonti.

Do i go for the double cash cow or do upgrade one…

Thoughts???

Thanks

bob · 14/04/2015 at 21:00

who's more important to have Oxley or Hogan from Melbourne?

I can only have one, and have all others under 200K worthy of playing afl footy

Liam · 14/04/2015 at 21:29

Probably depends on your structures and rookies you currently have in your squad. Not knowing that id say Hogan

the sprinkler · 14/04/2015 at 21:02

hi- youve got to remember how each player earns their points. Bonts will be close to lock for one reason and one reason only. The kid loves to tackle and knows how to tackle. You dont gt 10 tackles 2 weeks in a row by fluke. not saying he will avge 10 tackles but if he avges 8 with a handful of marks, kicks and handballs each week- + a goal here and there it would be safe to assume that he will get low scores around 85-90 and super high scores of 135-140.

Now for a forward player that is a lock in my books.

Davo · 14/04/2015 at 21:31

I have read a lot of stuff abouts the bont but wasn’t sold on him, you sir have convinced me well done

Rangtastic · 14/04/2015 at 21:09

I’ve got every rookie needed bar van berko Im happy to stay on Cripps as I think he can play just needs mad mick to give him a go but team is Sh____t only scored 2104 sitting in 32,101 place.

Need to trade Gaz….. Jordan Lewis or JPK leaning towards Jordan as Mitchell didn’t play they were in a losing team and Jordan kicks it more that JPK also posts bigger scores and is cheeper

Bellchambers to the Bont watched him play like an animal last 2 weeks and will finish in the top 6 forwards this year no question…too silky not to have. Only problem I lose back up ruck but rucks scoring for Bellchambers who seems to get tired as games go on will not score more than 90. Bont is going to end up too expensive if not snaffled now.

Thoughts community?

Hazey · 14/04/2015 at 21:56

Wondering the same thing about Bonts too…will he become super $$$ like Grey last year of u missed him early.

I think if yr seriously looking to win you have to risk it and run without ruck cover in the fwd line.

If yr in it to win the leagues, I’d keep the ruck/fwd cover.

Muzza · 14/04/2015 at 22:07

Thinking the same Rang
    Ablett to Sloane/JPK/Lewis
    TBC to Bont anyone seeing The Bont top 6 forward

Derek · 14/04/2015 at 22:19

The Bont will be lucky to score 70SC against the Hawks.

Hawks just got a huge wakup, they won’t give him an inch to move

Ryan · 14/04/2015 at 21:18

Best defender to trade in for 470k, replacing mckenzie

Liam · 14/04/2015 at 21:27

I'd be looking at Harry Taylor, Docherty, McGovern or even a Sam Fisher type

Matt · 14/04/2015 at 21:25

Don’t have Gaz..

But was thinking Minson to Grundy in the rucks..

Then Goodes to Docherty

Or if Goodes not named Miller to VNB..

Thoughts

Derek · 14/04/2015 at 22:15

Wits will be back soon

Jordan · 14/04/2015 at 21:29

Shiel and Bont or Lewis and Rich?

Liam · 14/04/2015 at 21:43

Well Shiel and Bont are great options in terms of upside and cash generation, but Im of the thinking that these guys MUST be keepers. If your picking someone like Shiel your backing him to produce a high output of scores on a consistent basis, and one must consider the fact he has played melbourne and st.kilda… Bont on the other hand is just a gem and at his price is a great selection.
    I'd personally just go with Lewis and Rich as Lewis has proven that when hes on he can go big and id be much more confident with him in my squad come finals time, and Rich may almost become a straight swap with a fallen premium with a bit of extra cash.
    Just my opinion

Hazey · 14/04/2015 at 21:45

Lewis & Rich for mine…. Just. Although it’s what everyone might do, so if yr in it to win it Shiel and Bont could be the winning move if it they continue as they’ve started.

Sheesh… Might have just convinced myself!

Jack · 14/04/2015 at 21:45

Need some help guys!

Gaz to Sloane is locked..

I have Hamling and Goddard as DEF bench… Bring in Oxley and pocket around $120,000
OR
switch Bellchambers to Bont in the FWD line

Hazey · 14/04/2015 at 21:47

Get Oxley in mate. Good cashola to be made.

Remember why you gave TBC in the fwd line…. Insurance for ‘Ruckmageddon’ if it hits. Work through your plan to eventually have him as FWD bench.

Navaho · 14/04/2015 at 21:49

Why aren't they shooting at us?

Left field time dudes – trades are going to be a premium this year. Gaz down to NVB/other rookie you missed and then you turn two appreciating rookies into Premos with just two trades ….. not 4.

We're in the spirit world.

dognino · 14/04/2015 at 21:51

Hey dawg, did you see the size of that chicken?

And left field would bleed too many points early, Fyfe 130avg vs a rookie 35-95

Liam · 14/04/2015 at 21:54

I agree, if i had GAJ thats the way I'd go.

Hazey · 14/04/2015 at 21:52

Decisions, decisions.. It always seems easier to give advice to others than analyze yr own team!

Gaz to Swan/Bonts for eventual fwd swing?
Gas to Premo, Cripps to Rich?
Gaz to Premo, Wells to Bont?

Wellsy had 60 in a half and unlike R1 was hard at the contest. Looked like NAB form, but if he’s going to be managed yo orevent injury, that won’t fly!

PD · 14/04/2015 at 22:14

Community, I need help with the all important decision of replacing GAJ. Need to decide on one of the following:

Sloane, Lewis, JPK (I’m leaning on that order as I already have Pendles, Fyfe, Selwood & Beams)

Also open to suggestions on trading Lambert up fwd. Already have Clark, Hogan, Salem.

Hazey · 14/04/2015 at 22:38

Lamb to “Leave MeALonie?

seaford scouse · 14/04/2015 at 23:18

gaz to Sloane

lambert to lonie or lamb

John · 14/04/2015 at 22:38

So my question is..
Is it better to have some cash in the bank or is it better to have next to no cash and all the right cows?
is NVB really worth it? any other options?

I have Fyfe, JPK, Pendle, selwood, ablett, cey, heeney, cripps, (vandenburg, miller, Lambert)

Out: Gary
In: Sloane/Lewis
Out: Lambert
In: NVB
Sloane Leaves 8k/Lewis Leaves 35k

Only because lambert is injured and i feel they must play cripps sooner rather than later?
have all the other cows over the other lines, including goodes in defence so cant really downgarde.
Thoughts would be appreciated!

nick · 15/04/2015 at 00:47

think goodes might be the sub for a few weeks like I have 58k left over I bought in cey for lambert and then took swan out and bought in slone it wa s a gut feel that slone will kill it and get massive scorers before those trades at 231k but I thnk if u have the right cash cows on each line u can downgrade upgrade etc if they make money for u

John · 15/04/2015 at 10:02

yeah thats what i was thinking, i dont want to miss out on nvb so think i will go that way and just have no money left over.
      will be a 90pt scorer per week so will play him so price will rise, i suppose its worth the trade for the added points,
      but i lose my swing set from mid to fwd which may hurt? too many variables!
      at the end of the day come bye rounds the more cows i have the better off i will be i guess
      thanks mate

BlakeyP · 15/04/2015 at 10:13

Why you trading swan? I understand that you what sloane but you dont trade out a top 10 fwd just to get him in. You need to trade in another top fwd lata wasted trade and swan doin fine. Jus cause everyone is gettin on sloane doesnt mean you have to change your structure or waste a trade to get him.

brandon · 14/04/2015 at 22:42

Ryan Griff > Rich
Goodes > B.Smith

Good trades or not?

gillie44 · 15/04/2015 at 00:56

Why are you trading Griffen?

Blueprime · 15/04/2015 at 02:08

Not.

Ty · 14/04/2015 at 22:50

Why are people trading Ibbo out!? He got a decent score of 85.

Ty · 14/04/2015 at 22:54

These are rookies I have got

DEF: Oxley , Saad and McIntosh

MID: CEY , Vandenberg , Heeny and Brayshaw

FWD: Hogan , Salem and Clark

Would this be pretty much all the rookies I need besides NVB? Also in order out of those rookies who would you play on field. Cheers

nick · 15/04/2015 at 00:24

I have a question would it be crazy if I have the cash to get rid of dane swan and bring in rory slone as my mids are lewis fyfe ebert rich joel selwood cey heeney and I think by bringing slone in will just give me better scores just have a gut feeling swan wont score massive and slone I think will hit the 150 160 this weekend what u think

Blueprime · 15/04/2015 at 02:14

Swan will be a top 10 fwd this year. Why would you waste a trade to pick up Sloane who probably wont make top 10 mid.

Daniel · 15/04/2015 at 03:25

Your kidding Sloane wont be a top 10 mid right?! He will be top 3 behind Kennedy and Fyfe (Given he's less likely to get injured/suspended, playing all 23 games, being in a winning side).

Having said that Nick you should be sticking Swan in your forward line mate, I dont think you should be trading across the line yet cause it looks like you dont have to, if your really keen on Sloane later on up Rich> with some money from a cash cow

BlakeyP · 15/04/2015 at 10:07

Totally agree with above statement. Do know where you have been or what footy you been watch sloane is top 10 mid easy.

Also agree that you should not trade swan he has been competing well for price and position. You just might have to wait on sloane you cant have all the guns in the first 2 weeks of the season

nick · 15/04/2015 at 13:22

yeah I was thinking of it but I am sorta stuck as the fwds I have is hawk marcus b from the dogs harly benell luke d from the dogs clark and Hogan so I sorta had my fwd mid but I will wait till later on when rich makes me money etc hold onto swan who knows he might have a massive game this week

Mike C · 15/04/2015 at 07:41

G’day community – struggling on prioritising my corrective trades and need your input. Which 2 of these 4 do I prioritise?

Ablett >> Sloane
Cripps >> NVB
Miles (I know I know, what was I thinking

Mike C · 15/04/2015 at 07:46

Second attempt : do I prioritise

Ablett > Sloane

Cripps > nvb

miles > hunt

McEvoy > Nic nat

Hazey · 15/04/2015 at 08:37

Move Ablett I reckon.

The rest is a bit of a raffle. Miles n Cripps are more likely to come good than McEvoy I reckon.

Conor · 15/04/2015 at 09:24

I'm in a debate I have Ablett, Goodes, Cripps, miller, krakour and h Goddard if I could I would get rid of them all

H Goddard to oxly or Goodes to oxly?

And Ablett to premo or Ablett to van berlo

I am worried about my rookie cash generation sense I have got H Goddard, P Cripps, N Krakour, Read, Lamb, and Lambert who are all not playing most likely this week

Harps · 15/04/2015 at 10:14

Long time viewer, first time writer…

Need some advice community.

Ablett to Sloane (already have Fyfe, Lewis, Selwood, Beams)
Had some cash in the war chest to then allow me to do…
Goodes to Rance.

Question: is Rance a Top 5 defender come season end??? Already have Shaw and I want this trade to be a season keeper. Is there better options for premo Def?? Murphy?

Jason · 15/04/2015 at 11:01

Was looking at:

Ablett to Sloane

Goodes to Laird

Or

Ablett to Shiel

Goodes to Rance

Or

Ablett to Lewis

Goodes to McDonald

Thoughts?

Jason · 15/04/2015 at 11:03

I have Selwood, Fyfe, Gray, Wallace, Griffin, Rich, CEY, Heeney, Vandenberg, Miller.

Sloane is another gun, could think JPK instead, which would still allow McDonald trade

NateCrows · 15/04/2015 at 11:15

is Shiel the real deal.

Ablett to JPK and shiel or Rich or whoever under 550k. Getting rid of Wells

Blueprime · 16/04/2015 at 15:13

Griffen.

FearTheBeard · 15/04/2015 at 11:56

Guys need a bit of advise.

Rance, Smith, McDonald, Docherty, Hooker, Savage?

Who the hell do I take in can afford any defender and have Shaw,Kelly,Newnes and the rookies.

Blueprime · 15/04/2015 at 21:48

Smith.

Nat_Fyfe07 · 15/04/2015 at 13:26

What is everyones thoughts on trading:

Ivan Maric to Brodie Grundy.

Maric will drop price, will Grundy will go up, plus will bank over 200k cash

Thoughts?

Froggen · 15/04/2015 at 22:04

Need some advice lads!

$219 600 in the bank

Higgins, McIntosh, Shaw, Saad, Newnes, Taylor
Fyfe, Lewis, JPK, Dangerfield, Rich, Ellis-Yolemen, Vandenberg, GAZ
Naitanui, Minson
Gray, Swan, Hogan, Salem, Clark, Bartel

Obviously looking to trade the bald-bullet due to his shoulder, not sure what I should do though.

Blueprime · 16/04/2015 at 15:10

Sloane.

PhatKat · 17/04/2015 at 01:00

Hi
Thoughts on trading out Malkeski to hunt and using cash generated for Rich or Bont?