Chicko - elite fantasy analystHello community. I’ve been bestowed a great honour to share a weekly dilemma which faces us in our pursuit of greatness.

Ladies, gentlemen and little children the world over, this may be the biggest challenge of all – my eyes have witnessed a lot of things, and have made me question many an issue in life.

HOWEVER, what I saw on Saturday night was frightening. The once untameable, the once unstoppable, the once unfathomable has seemingly conspired into one event –  the Little Master, he who has been dubbed in an ethereal sense as God, Gary Ablett Junior looked in all sorts. It was hard to digest and even harder to explain. What was this!? Is this the man we have come to know and love.. to rely on for Captaincy points through thick and thin? I’m not sure, and I’m sure a lot of coaches everywhere have looked inside and said to themselves “don’t doubt the great man, he will prove your doubt is for the weak and not the strong”. Well, perhaps a man who averages 5.5 tackles a game, and has not laid a solitary tackle this year will give you some food for thought!

Gary Ablett’s shoulder looks STUFFED. And if the shoulder doesn’t look stuffed, then maybe his mind thinks it is thoroughly buggered. He is not attacking the contest in anywhere near the same manner as his bestial history would suggest.

This leaves us with one massive question. It is only Round 2, yet the answer to this question could well be season defining.

Here’s the scenario.. you have Gary Ablett in your team (44% of the community has him). What do you do with him?

What do we do with GAJ?

View Results

Loading ... Loading ...

Looking forward to working through this together community.. these are emotional and testing times. I look forward to hearing your thoughts and how we can overcome this most significant challenge.

Cheers,

Chicko

ARE YOU A CLUB JOCK MEMBER YET? CLICK HERE AND REAP THE BENEFITS

Ben · 13/04/2015 at 13:22

Keep him not worth wasting a trade, i mean he got 119 first round and 87 this week, he had a bit more of it this week also and will come good later on if you keep him. Of you are to trade him, you will probably have to get him back in whoch means wasting two trades…

@WHITEEEY99 · 13/04/2015 at 13:37

If he didn't score 49 in the fourth quarter R1 (mostly thanks to his two goals) He would have scored much closer to what he produced R2.

Also if he continues to average 103 until after R6 he will likely drop below 600k!

Motsy · 13/04/2015 at 15:35

It’s not a waste if you are making points and cash elsewhere. If you have the trades to spare use them. Myself I didn’t start with gaz and haven’t traded yet so I have the luxury of a bit of breathing room to play around this week.

judd0 · 13/04/2015 at 15:53

I think people are to attached to the name of Gary Ablett. What I mean by that is if let's says David Armitage (who is averaging very exactly the same as Gary over the first 2 rounds and is in a similar caliber team) was worth $734k and running around the field harboring his shoulder would you have any second thoughts about trading him out?
    Gary is a legend of the game and I hope he comes back into form when he gets his shoulder sorted, but for now you have to move him on.
    I suggest you cover up his name when trading him out this week, it will make it easier, statistically its the right thing to do. We have 30 trades now, it's time to start using them.

nbnb3131 · 13/04/2015 at 17:30

That analogy makes no sense, the whole reason half the supercoach population was willing to fork out over 700K for him is because his name is GAJ and not Armitage. Of course people are attached to him, people know what he is capable of. Same reason people buy any super-premium, their history makes them more valuable, and it increases our expectations of their upcoming scores regardless of what they did in the first two rounds. Same goes for someone like Selwood, he has underperformed a bit but his great history jsutifies keeping him.

We all knew he wasn't going to be 100% going into round 1, but GAJ was always going to be a full season investment. Are we all panicking?

All that being said, at the moment I'm probably going to trade him.

judd0 · 13/04/2015 at 19:00

I agree with you, but I was just trying to get the point across that supercoach is a game of statistics and statistically when you take into account price GAJ should be traded out. I think a lot of people will not trade him out because of his name and they will go with there heart over the facts.
        But your right that analogy was rubbish, bloody Armitage how dare I make the comparison.

throttlefinger · 13/04/2015 at 20:37

Agree Judd0. Cold, harsh game. No room for sentimentality. Your eyes and your gut are your best friends. And a guy who usually averages 5 tackles having none is a hampered bird. Best to use money to get another elite like Fyfe, Sloane or JPK and pocket the savings for other trades. Gaz won't have a miracle turnaround. Looking at the byes to bring him in…if at all.

But if you think he's going to be a top 8 mid by the end of the year, by all means keep and steel your resolve for the price plunging.

Dirk · 13/04/2015 at 13:27

This is a no-brainer, Gazza's shoulder is GAWN. I'll be trading him down to a Lewis/Kennedy type and wishing the king all the best – what we're seeing right now isn't good at all for football fans all over the country.

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 13:37

G'day Dirk, if I had him, I would be trading him to Sloane or JPK but it does depend a little on how you have structured your team. If you have a Judd or Lachie Neale or even a Swan, you can go up from them to a fallen GAJ post bye rounds.

neale · 13/04/2015 at 13:29

While Gazz plays Gazz stays in my team

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 13:35

G'day Neale, nice catchy motto that one! I like it. Succinct and considered and will save you a trade, if not two. But do worry about the great man's ability at the contest.

BKW · 13/04/2015 at 20:58

Good luck with that – you obviously haven’t watched him play this year. He looked terrible on the weekend.

dognino · 13/04/2015 at 21:09

Plums the size of mt Everest

josh · 13/04/2015 at 13:36

guys please help,

what trades would you suggest…

goodes to oxley
GAJ to fyfe
ryder to bontempelli

or any other suggestions around that?

@WHITEEEY99 · 13/04/2015 at 13:49

If you don't already have McIntosh or Saad down back then, Goodes > your preference of the two. But if you do already have both Saad and McIntosh down back you could probably wait until next week for Goodes > Oxley.

Fyfe showed on the weekend that he is definitely capable of huge scores just like GAJ and is about 120k cheaper. Frees up plenty of cash and it's likely that Fyfe produces more scoring output than GAJ will over the next couple months (If GAJs shoulder remains stuffed).

Ryder will drop a bit in price and may struggle to find points once Lobbe returns. Also, Bontempelli obviously won't be able to keep his average of 134 going and pretty much just a matter of how much you expect him to average in comparison to other similar priced options.

judd0 · 13/04/2015 at 16:07

Whitey has pretty much summed up exactly what you should do, I wouldn't worry about trading Ryder yet.
      Goodes is only important if you haven't got the must haves.
      GAJ looks stuffed unfortunately can see him missing games soon. Fyfe is a must have this season and you might as well get him now.

josh · 13/04/2015 at 17:21

thanks for your help mate, only worry with trading goodes to oxley is job sercurity… do you think its stable for oxley and do you think goodes will start most games from here on in?

josh · 13/04/2015 at 17:19

thanks for reply….
      i have got saad and mcintosh
      so if you were me, who would you use as my 2 trades this week… i also have the problem of cripps
      cheers mate

josh · 13/04/2015 at 17:24

another thing, wouldnt it be better to trade oxley in while his cheap rather then wait another week?

dognino · 13/04/2015 at 21:08

Sorry whitey , but are you talking fantasy footy here? SC wise fyfe is only 80k cheaper. And Goodes down to Oxley if it's going to be done, has to be this week before Oxley rises in price, and Goodes potentially drops

@WHITEEEY99 · 14/04/2015 at 10:11

Sorry mate, got Fyfe and Sloane's prices mixed (probably because I traded GAJ down to Sloane) and if you already have McIntosh and Saad there is no point bringing in Oxley. If Oxley scores 73 (his average) this week he will still be less than 200k and I am not super confident in his job security.

scrofl · 13/04/2015 at 14:11

Definitely the first two. Give Ryder another week or two.

bob · 13/04/2015 at 17:22

so you don't think getting bont while he is 422k is a good choice?

Jez · 13/04/2015 at 17:36

I'd be looking at Ryder to Buddy Franklin rather than the Bont – he will get sat on by top 8 sides and that will certainly limit his scoring output, particularly this week against the Hawks

josh · 13/04/2015 at 17:59

thanks jez, but i already have buddy

TOPHAWK1 · 13/04/2015 at 21:01

Hi Josh,

This game is about cash generation in the earlier rounds of Supercoach.

As such, which of these 3 trade options suggest the greatest cash generation opportunity and ensuring upside in scoring power moving forward?

To me it is a toss up between Goodes -> Oxley or GAZ-> Fyfe.

Ryder to the Bont is a questionable option. (As this trade appears less urgent than the other 2 above. Depends on your overall team structure though). I started my team without Gaz because I sensed there was a problem without NAB pre season games. His shoulder is kaput.

To me you need to make 2 trades.

1- Gaz to Fyfe/Sloane.
    2- Goodes to Oxley/Mac intosh (If you dont have him)

This will give you cash generation and forward moving point scoring power.

Just my take without knowing all the other players in your team.

josh · 14/04/2015 at 09:17

thanks tophawk, thats really helped me out
      i think they will be the trades i make

but this is my team if it helps

back: macintosh, shaw, newnes, hibbered, saad, goodes (brown, goddard)
      mid: GAJ, dangerfield, swan, griffen, ellis-yolmen, a. swallow, vandenberg, heeney (cripps, nelson, miller)
      ruck: goldstein, maric (belchambers)
      forward: gray, franklin, martin, hogan, ryder, salem (clark, lambert)
      cheers

TOPHAWK1 · 14/04/2015 at 19:37

Hi Josh,

I really like your team. It has a lot of similarities to my side.

Traded out Malceski this week to Mc Govern. He just pipped Docherty/Hooker as he is a dual pozzie player. I then had enough cash to trade out Sam Niasmith for Todd Goldstein. Let me know if you think I should consider other options here. Can always reverse trades and go again.

Here is my current side;

back: Mcintosh, H Shaw, Newnes, Mc Govern, Lumumba, Oxley (Brown, Saad)
        mid: Fyfe (Capt), Sloane, Swan, D Martin, Griffen, D Beams, Ellis-Yolmen, Heeney (Vandenberg, Miller, Cripps)
        ruck: Goldstein, Maric (T Reid)
        forward: Gray (V Capt), Bontempelli, T Walker, Bellchambers, Hogan, Salem (Clark, T Lamb)

I like the fact you have Buddy, I am looking to get him in over the next few week when I can afford to get him. Liked what I saw against Port. Your ruck combo is nearly perfect IMO. Ryder could be traded for a cheaper dual pozzie ruck (Save cash) even if he isnt playing now but still has good playing prospects later. (A floater). Dangerfield I like as well. If D Beams does not lift in the next week or two then he could make way for the dangerman.

My only real concern I see in your team is Andrew Swallow. He is the equivalent of the problem I have in Beams. Swallow, like Beams is not really performing at this stage. When you get the chance, Bontempelli might be an option. Perhaps next week if swallow pumps out another turd.

Cheers

josh · 14/04/2015 at 22:07

thanks tophawk

your team looks pretty good at this stage… i think your trades are reasonable for sure!

i think the thing with swallow is that he will get better as time goes on… yes in his first week he got a low score but then this week he got 100 which i am happy with for now, may think about an upgrade later on

at the moment what i have done with my team is:
          trade ablett out for sloane
          then trade ryder out, substituted swan into my forward line and then brought in fyfe to my midfield… so basically traded ryder for fyfe
          still time to reverse but how does that sound for the moment?

also i do want to bring in bont but i want to wait another week to see if he will perform against a strong side
          so if he plays well i may bring him in for swallow

TOPHAWK1 · 14/04/2015 at 22:45

Excellent aggressive trades. Midfielders are "point scoring" cows.

You got Fyfe and Sloane in 2 trades. To me, they are going to be "The go to guys" this season. Barring injuries.

As Crouching would say…Bang Bang! LOL

I know it leaves Bellchambers on your forward line without a floater. (Ryder) But its a calculated risk worth taking! The risk of Goldstein or Maric being either ommitted (zero chance) or getting injured during round 3 (possible but probability in favour of not happening).

Dont forget to get a dual ruc soon to cover Bellchambers as his swollen knee is still a bit shakey. (And there is now only ruck emergency in the game now)

Looking good mate.

Top Hawk
            (Alias: Paul)

josh · 15/04/2015 at 08:42

bellchambers will still be on my bench in ruck

so my forward line is now

martin, franklin, swan, gray, hogan, salem (clark, lambert)

and my mid field is
              fyfe (c), sloane, dangerfield, griffen, swallow, ellis – yolmen, heeney, vandenberg (cripps, nelson, miller)

@Beastiano · 13/04/2015 at 13:40

Will be trading him out this week, had to see whether he was up to it having no preseason, based on what i have seen, hes clearly not fit, not interested in going in for the hard ball, clearly worried about his shoulder, he's actually contributing to the poor play of the suns, by not attacking the football, like we all know him to.

bUCKET__ · 13/04/2015 at 13:40

Check out the most recent interview with Gaz on the HS site – a suggested answer to the tackle question is that the coaches have told him not to. From what I've seen of the game, Rocket et al could be the source: they've given him a fwd, half back and outside role, told him to stay away from the contest for a few weeks to get back into things and ensure there is no re-injury. He seems quite annoyed that he's been told to stay away from the middle.

Could a lack of tackles actually be a sign of Gaz's mental toughness, going against all of his natural instincts to rip the game apart and instead sticking with a role given to him by the coaches and club doctors? Mark my words community, he will be let off the leash at some point in the next couple of weeks, and he will be hungry! Ye of little faith hath not seen Gary scorned! Once he finds out the community has abandoned him, his wrath will be immeasurable and he shall seek vengeance on those whose faith was so easily swayed to trade him so quickly after they took a chance on him! His faithful will reap the POD glory that is GAJJJJJ!!!

On a completely unrelated note, this is a good read for true believers: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/When_Prophecy_Fails

Trab Pukcip · 13/04/2015 at 20:57

"Could a lack of tackles actually be a sign of Gaz's mental toughness, going against all of his natural instincts to rip the game apart and instead sticking with a role given to him by the coaches and club doctors? "……………………. AND THEN YOU WOKE UP!!!!

bUCKET__ · 14/04/2015 at 17:22

No, never! I will hold him all season if I have to! The mere presence of him on my bench will invigorate my side and a saoghgh a aosh asgadgs *sob*

Burhan · 13/04/2015 at 13:42

If you are only trying to win within your league, then you should keep Gaz, but if your like me and trying to win $$$ there is no point of keeping him, because you are sacrificing points and falling behind every time he scores 80s or less.

Dave2008 · 13/04/2015 at 15:50

Yep that is what I am thinking if he’s picked he’s in my team

Mac · 13/04/2015 at 13:44

I'm torn. My head is telling me he is gone, his shoulder is gone and his mindset is gone. BUT my gut is telling me not to write the little Master off just yet. We saw Selwood last season. Started slow due to no preseason but by the bye rounds, was an absolute jet. If you have him, think to yourself wether your going to get him back later on. If you have him, I reckon you keep him. If you don't have him, wait until the byes come.

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 16:27

The classic lovers dilemma Mac ol mate. "Should I stay or should I go". Think you have summarised it pretty well. I didn't start with GAJ so can afford to sit and wait.

SPACEMAN · 13/04/2015 at 19:17

ive heard that sellwood coment before first month 2014 157 140 138 126

@themisfitsSC · 13/04/2015 at 19:24

selwood wasnt coming of a shoulder

Brad · 13/04/2015 at 13:47

I’m trading hom. Going down to Bontipelli. Will trade him in after the bye. His shoulder is Buggerd. It’s not just about how much money he will drop, it frees up 340 thousand and will fast track my side . Hopefully

Yogi · 13/04/2015 at 13:51

guys what would you recommend;

– Ablett (out) – fyfe/sloane or maybe slightly cheaper options of shiel/mundy?
– Malceski (out) – mcdonald/rance/hooker (i am worried these guys are fullbacks and will have weeks against teams with big forwards with scores< 50, but all 3 are absolutely on fire at the moment) or go with a ball carrier docherty/taylor hunt/hibberd/simpson (neither of whom are really getting 100's)?

lm11 · 13/04/2015 at 20:22

Ablett to Fyfe for sure.
    No good options for Malceski. Don't go out chasing the points of Rance and Hooker. Only option I would consider is a direct swap to Simpson or Brodie Smith.

I N Pieman · 13/04/2015 at 13:52

Beyond this issue with Gary is the problem with Gold Coast. After being gifted 2-0 by AFL they find themselves looking rubbish at 0-2. Is anyone trying to protect the great man, Nup. Trading Gary is almost treason. But I think it's the right call. Nice article Chiko. Sure to stir up debate.

Trab Pukcip · 13/04/2015 at 14:11

No debate required INP, gotta go if you've got him! He will drop to a price later in the year where IF he starts scoring shouldn't be too hard to bring him back in! Too many risks in keeping him in!! I didn't have him this year as was hoping (blasphemy I know) this would happen, not to this degree but was hoping his scores were down but not to the point everyone would trade him out! At his current price bite the bullet, burn 2 trades and strengthen up your team!!!

I N Pieman · 13/04/2015 at 14:59

Trab if we had 24 trades I wouldn’t have picked him. It’s time to turn adversity into opportunity & fix 2 problems. The great thing about his price is you can grab anyone with cash to spare & correct another spud.

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 16:31

Thanks Pieman, you are right in that his lofty price affords you the capacity of correctives without eating into too many trades. What course of action are you leaning towards?

David · 13/04/2015 at 13:53

I didn’t have Gaz, and team looking tip top. I’m not trading this week to give me an advantage of an extra trade later over the population. I suggest other non Gary owners do the same, no need to trade this week if everyone is fit and have ok break evens

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 13/04/2015 at 13:54

Watched him in Rd 1. No tackles was enough to convince me to trade to Sloane. Very happy with my choice didn’t look back. .

T.J · 13/04/2015 at 13:55

Thoughts on Ablett and Cripps out and Shiel and Bont in?

Or Do I keep Ablett and Cripps?

Brad · 13/04/2015 at 14:06

Good move I reckon

lostlarrikin · 13/04/2015 at 21:21

Yep was my plan exactly

dukes · 13/04/2015 at 14:04

It hurts but the trigger has to be pulled.

Ablett to bonts
Goodse to smith

Essentially trading a failed cash cow and 1 premium for 2 season keepers.

I N Pieman · 13/04/2015 at 14:10

Smith was heavily concussed. Unlikely to play this week. I'd reconsider that trade this week. Also can't see the Bont being a keeper. So would require trading again.

dennis · 13/04/2015 at 14:57

bont will be a keeper fwd for sure. i see him averaging at least 95 because he lays so many tackles

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 16:34

I like Bont as he can be used as swing DPP deep in the season. Agree that his tackle ability lifts his floor to reduce his scoring dispersion. Really like him. A LOT!

Crowls · 14/04/2015 at 00:50

Seriously, you cannot see Bont at his worst being F6/7/8. You would be very happy to have a low 400K player averaging 95 on bench with DPP in last couple of games. Personally I think Bont will avoid the 2nd year blues and average 100+ which makes him a keeper.

Ninja · 14/04/2015 at 17:34

Agree Crowls. Wines did just that last year. The issue is going to be if he gets the hard tag and what that will do to output. Wines was saved by the fact that Port had, Gray, Boak, Hartlett to be targeted before him.
          Surely Bont will be the 1st or 2nd target in the weeks to come.
          The test will be vs Hawks this week. Hope he passes because I started with him.

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 14:14

I was a “put Gaz in starting team”. But I did that with the plan of having a look at him and knowing I could trade him out before price drop.

I seem to have got all the rookies right and no other injuries, so I have a trade up my sleeve to use

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 14:23

Happy to go Gaz to JPK and bank the rest for a fallen premium. Won’t be sucked into the Bont, Tex, Rich or any other non-premium.

T.J · 13/04/2015 at 14:49

How will you be getting Gaz back into your team derek?

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 17:08

Gaz maybe the fallen premium!

BKW · 13/04/2015 at 21:03

Yeah – he’ll likely drop to 600k or lower – and if he shows signs off life it should be about time to jump on around the byes

Hotplates · 13/04/2015 at 14:15

Like most here getting rid of Gaz –

Options are:
1) Sloane/Lewis + Miller to NVB
2) Lewis + TBC to Bont

Thinking option 1 with Lewis as already have Danger and CEY in mids, plus Smith – not overly keen on having 5 Adelaide players. Plus Lewis the bets mid in best side in comp.

Also want to keep TBC as swing player, cover for rucks – and don't know if Bont will keep up that output to be a top 8 fwd.

Thoughts?

@Seekersupacoach · 13/04/2015 at 22:25

Thinking on No. 1 situation myself with Lewis, Sloane or my current fave Mundy then Miller to NVB.

Bobby · 13/04/2015 at 14:21

thoughts
ablett to sloane
cripps to VB

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 14:25

Unless Cripps doesn’t play, keep him

FearTheBeard · 13/04/2015 at 14:37

Guys who is the best defender to get in?

I was going for Smith bu the fact he was stretched off with his concussion surely sees him at least miss a week? Do I take the week and park him on the bench and play Oxley to save the trade from getting him later or is there someone worth getting. Have 570k to spend.

FearTheBeard · 13/04/2015 at 14:48

Oh I also have Shaw!

Kano · 13/04/2015 at 15:07

Just saw smith hasn’t been ruled out but I would probably wait another week before considering him. Simpson might be a good choice or birchall.

Jimi · 13/04/2015 at 20:40

Agreed. Even if he plays rd 3 the chance of him having a low game are much higher, if he does have a stinker it's going to affect his pricing for another 3 weeks. He was very much on my radar but now I think I'll wait until the byes. If they keep up their form Adelaide players are going to ripe to bring in for round 12.

SPACEMAN · 13/04/2015 at 19:27

keep a eye on smith i live in adelaide and all reports is that his recovery is exellent so far and a good chance to front up this week

Kano · 13/04/2015 at 14:59

Just saw that Pendlebury has a dodgy ankle and is having scans. Makes the decision harder as I don’t want to carry 2 premiums under an injury cloud when the midfield is my strongest line. Ablett has hinted he is being held back but his shoulder is not 100% so I’m torn whether to trade him. He still got 23 disposals and a goal on the weekend despite being told to play as an outside player so if he gets the all clear in a couple of weeks he could go back to normal. Would probably go down to lewis if do trade and look at the options with the cash I will have ($230000)

mikeyp · 13/04/2015 at 16:12

Where can i read about pendles ankle?

Kano · 13/04/2015 at 17:45

It was posted on FB by supercoach paige. Whether or not its true is debatable but saw it on another footy forum as well.

Kel · 13/04/2015 at 15:06

what do you guys think. Gaz to Bont then ugrade either Judd/Swallow or D.Beams to fyfe?

Kel · 13/04/2015 at 15:06

*upgrade

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 17:06

Gaz to Fyfe. Only

Crowls · 14/04/2015 at 00:55

IF you are going to do GAZ, then Bont and upgrade are the go. Would do Judd to Fyfe if you can.

James · 13/04/2015 at 15:08

In the words of the great higgo

HOLD.

FearTheBeard · 13/04/2015 at 15:21

Will Shiel keep this up?

I'm looking at Shiel & Savage

OR

Sloane & Robertson from Saints…

harrison · 13/04/2015 at 15:22

Brodie Smith from the crows defender
check this out.
The KO'd crow may play. Key word 'may' this is not saying he gonna play just some news about how hes travelling

tom · 13/04/2015 at 15:23

i have dangerfield in my midfield can i fit in solane in their as well

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 16:35

Yes you can Tom. Look at the Pies when they had Swan, Pendles, Beams.

John · 13/04/2015 at 15:27

What does everyone think about:
GAJ – Fyfe
Cockatoo – Rich
I've currently got 130k in the bank.

I N Pieman · 13/04/2015 at 15:30

Like it. Not going to get much value from Cocky anytime soon

John · 13/04/2015 at 15:32

Also haven't got Oxley so not sure if that's more important

I N Pieman · 13/04/2015 at 15:37

Getting Oxley probably more important than rich. Ox should get plenty of games. Only guy that stood out for pies in nab 3. Heat related issues against lions. Great effort against crows.

John · 13/04/2015 at 15:46

Got Goodes, Nathan Brown and Goddard so who should I trade out?

Motsy · 13/04/2015 at 15:52

Who are your defenders?

John · 13/04/2015 at 16:00

Shaw, Taylor, Newnes, Goodes, Mcintosh, Saad, Nathan Brown, Goddard

Crowls · 14/04/2015 at 00:57

Goddard to Oxley for the Cash. Keep the rest. Next time round if goodes is still spudding it then look at downgrade to next upcoming back. Bottom line you need corrective trade to Oxley. It has to be Goodes Goddard or Brown. Brown has JS. The other two do not.

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 16:35

Like it a lot John, improves point generation and you can use Rich as a stepping stone to a premo around the bye rounds.

MASO · 13/04/2015 at 15:45

Maybe i can save a trade and just loophole him till he comes good …

T.J · 13/04/2015 at 15:50

love the way u think maso!

throttlefinger · 13/04/2015 at 20:07

Good thinking, Maso. Doubt if Heeney or CEY are going to out point him. Yet that could be one of the MOST expensive loop players of all time.

Also, hard to watch that value drop when it could be spent in good use. Figure Gaz won't come correct until after the byes, my man.

Thebighix · 13/04/2015 at 15:49

Wanted to conserve trades, but the below have me thinking:

P. Cripps is on the chopping block, just not sure whether to bring in NVB or Vandenberg??
B. Goodes out for Oxley??
To hold onto T. Lamb or not??

Appreciate any thoughts!!

Nathan · 13/04/2015 at 15:53

Def hold onto Lamb, he will get plenty of games, likely missed because he was a bit sore. If Goodes is sub again get rid of him but if not his BE is 67 so he should get that. What does your defence look like because going Goodes to Oxley could spread it too thin?

Thebighix · 13/04/2015 at 15:58

That was my hesitation with Oxley as currently have: H. Shaw, J. Newnes, H. Lumumba, T. Hunt, B. Goodes, A. Saad (K. McIntosh, H. Goddard). Still think Goodes is worth the money, just not sure where he fits in with the doggies structure.
      Here's to hoping Lamb's back this week, am happy to hold onto him, was just a thought that crossed my mind

John · 13/04/2015 at 16:06

Well I think the only way to get Oxley is to get rid of Goddard, if Goddard isn't named this week then maybe you could go him to Oxley, then when Oxley peaks in price Goddard might be on the bubble and you could trade him back down?

Thebighix · 13/04/2015 at 16:10

Does sound like a decent plan to me, hadn't considered that one, thought Goddard would be named pretty early but looks like he wont be.
          Cheers for the help mate!

lolattack · 13/04/2015 at 15:50

what does everyone think about these trades?

goodes -> oxley
cripps -> k. jack (had 562,200 to spend on a premium midfielder)

Kano · 13/04/2015 at 17:55

Bar this year Kieran Jack has been a staple in my team for a few seasons now. He was a little disappointing last year(down around 5-10 points than previous years) but at this stage looks like he will be a good pick up. He tackles, wins contested possessions and can kick a goal.

Zak · 13/04/2015 at 15:52

What are people thinking of doing with their rookies?

Cripps and Miller in the mid

Lamb in forward

And I want to trade wells for rich.

Thoughts on which rookies I should fix?

Damo · 13/04/2015 at 18:26

Don't be afraid to give Lamb and Cripps another week. Miller's price should still increase this week (despite his low scores). Your trades should depend on who you want to bring in, not who you want out – look at who is increasing in price after this round.

wayno1313 · 13/04/2015 at 22:40

I'm holding Miller as his price will rise and to see how he goes another week. I'm trading Cripps. Wells has to go and Rich is a good trade in option.

VJB · 13/04/2015 at 15:59

GAJ -> treloar or danger
and cripps-> bonts

thoughts ?

SideBySidebottom · 13/04/2015 at 16:05

Maybe most of you are right and quick decision making is imperative but I'm not convinced that two weeks is enough data to analyse most situations. Like the ruck debate last week I'll watch for a couple of weeks before drawing a conclusion on Ablett's shoulder. If he continues his average of 103 over the next two weeks he may drop $100,000 before I trade to Fyfe or Sloane but I could potentially save two trades if he comes good. Fyfe and Sloane may increase by about $30,000 if they hold there average of about 139 over the two weeks. So it's approximately $130,000 as a cost of potentially saving 2 trades.

Crowls · 14/04/2015 at 01:01

Agreed, however you will also be down 120-200 points on overall. If going for league then it may cost you some games but late trades will make up for it.

SideBySidebottom · 14/04/2015 at 20:34

Ablett out indefinitely. Okay. That makes it easy.

Ben · 13/04/2015 at 16:08

Hi Lads…

I have GAJ, sheed, cripps, goodes, miller and lambert in my side. Who is the priority to trade out this week (if at all)?

Thinking GAJ is no 1 priority … possibly for Bont or super premo like JPK, Sloane or Lewis?

Also thinking about Goodes to Brodie Smith but might hold off a week due to concussion? In the meantime, should i get nvb in and who for?

Crowls · 14/04/2015 at 01:04

As stated earlier, it is not who to trade out but who you must trade in. where are the dollars coming from. If you dont have Oxley or Saad or Tosh you need to get them for cash generation. Goodes – smith is not necessary as Smith will not play this week. However goodes may also not play. So if you have Goddard in backs you will need to trade.

GaJ is not priority. Needs consideration but what is your plan for getting him back. Do you think he will be down all season? Or will he be top 10 mid at end of year.

Matt · 13/04/2015 at 16:14

Hi community, here is my dilemma.

Hold GAJ and trade cripps to vanders or

GAJ to Sloan and miller/krakouer to vanders or

GAJ to lewis and cripps to rich (This would allow me to upgrade rich back to GAJ if his shoulder comes good)

Thoughts?

Riley · 13/04/2015 at 16:14

Is four players from same team too many in one position? Started with Danger and CEY and last week when Cripps was late out I quickly moved him on to NVB. Looking at Gazza and I reckon a downgrade to Sloane is my best option. I am just unsure if 4 Adelaide players in the mid is too many? Looking to move CEY and NVB on around rd 6-9 when they have generated cash so I will only have 2 come byes.

All thoughts appreciated!

Thanks Riley 🙂

Rambos_Radish · 13/04/2015 at 19:00

Adelaide have a great draw up until round 9 I think so in terms of CEY and VB you should generate heaps of cash!

Crowls · 14/04/2015 at 01:08

Dont see any problems with this plan

Oskar · 13/04/2015 at 16:20

ablett for sloane or Lewis?

Riley · 13/04/2015 at 16:32

Both are capable of huge ceilings, Lewis's last quarter was tremendous shows us that he has taken his game to a new level as 2014 Lewis probably would have got around 70-80. Sloane has pumped two huge scores out over the past two games, whether or not this drops of when Adelaide lose control of game depends. I reckon Lewis will continue to average 115+ this season as he shows he can still pump reasonable scores in games where the opposition is running away with the game. Sloane on the other hand may average 110+ so its up to you and your teams structure. 🙂 As a Hawks supporter I may have some bias but I'd probably go for Lewis.

throttlefinger · 13/04/2015 at 20:38

Sloane looks red hot. Draw until the byes look particularly tasty.

Mitch · 13/04/2015 at 16:23

is eddie betts the real deal??

Riley · 13/04/2015 at 16:27

Wouldn't recommend him but I can agree he has played real well lately. Remember don't go chasing points. He also is known as a burnman so unless he continues to average 100-105+ by rd 5-6 I'd recommend staying away.

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 16:39

Not sure he is Mitch. He can have monster games and then go missing. If Crows continue to improve and if he plays a bit more midfield time then he may end up a top 10 forward.

Hawka · 13/04/2015 at 16:24

All thoughts appreciated 🙂

Trade 1: Gaz —> Sloane
Trade 2 : T. Miller —–> D. Shiel

Was thinking these trades as my mids were a little thin as follows – Trade Inclusions (Shiel, Sloane,) Trade Exclusions (Gaz and T. Miller) Fyfe, Dangerfield, Griffen, van Berlo, Ellis-Yolmen, Vandenberg, Heeney, Newton, Lambert.

Thanks Hawka

Crowls · 14/04/2015 at 01:09

looks a lot better with Shiel and Sloan,

youngster · 14/04/2015 at 12:27

Yep, you need to beef up your midfield but you need to be mindful of the trades required to get as many of them to midfield keepers as possible. Sloane is a no brainer but Shiel could bite you. Having said that, you these two trades will definitely increase your scoring capacity.

Mitch · 13/04/2015 at 16:33

Trade out B.Goodes or P.Cripps?

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 17:20

Cripps should play if he is fit. Blues are without daisy, need him. I think there has been too much talk about him being omitted, wait until teams before trading.

OldOcker · 13/04/2015 at 17:43

Very good advice there Derek, I am doing the same thing.

Westy · 13/04/2015 at 18:54

Like they say in the taco ads, why can't you have both?

Mitch · 13/04/2015 at 18:59

I'm trading out Ablett so unfortunately no "porque no los dos" pour moi

G · 13/04/2015 at 16:41

Hi folks

What are your thoughts on sideways trade of Parker to Slone?

nick · 13/04/2015 at 17:08

hold parker. hold hold hold hold.

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 17:23

definitely hold Parker.

OldOcker · 13/04/2015 at 17:46

You chose Parker for a reason, Stick by your guns. Sideways is not the right decision at this time.
    The lad will come good, A week in SC is a long time.
    Have faith.

SideBySidebottom · 13/04/2015 at 18:10

Concussed players generally take two or three weeks to fully recover and their scores are effected for that time. Hold.

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 17:12

I’m seeing a lot of people who are trading out Gaz, doing another trade just because they have some cash!

Usually the extra trade is to a half-premium. Hold trades and hold cash until you can make the trade you really want to make, this might mean waiting a week or two with cash burning a hole in your pocket

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 17:23

G'day Derek, bloody sage advice that mate. One must take a long term approach here. It's only round 2, its a long season. I haven't got Gazz but at most will make one corrective for Cripps this week and then wait for the rookies to do their thing.

dognino · 13/04/2015 at 18:05

+1 to that. It can be used to turn the first fat cow into a fallen premium without having to 1 up 1 down.

@Seekersupacoach · 13/04/2015 at 22:43

Great wisdom Derek. I'll be trading Gaz out for any number of options JPK, Sloane, Lewis, Mundy etc. But I'm not sure a second trade is warranted. Although some of my rookies have been average, most currently have obtainable BEs and should increase in value somewhat. Better to hold onto trades as much a possible

Doc2Drej · 13/04/2015 at 17:19

Does anyone know a good break even site?

OldOcker · 13/04/2015 at 17:49

Download and follow instructions.

Cheers Mate.

Caz · 13/04/2015 at 21:02

Too serious

Mike · 13/04/2015 at 21:21

footywire.com

Simon · 13/04/2015 at 17:44

Is ablett to jpk and b.goodes to docherty a good move

Blake · 13/04/2015 at 18:02

G'day Community! Would like to quickly throw a mid-priced defense option out there who is also a massive POD. He is Dylan Roberton, priced at 267k. Scored a 96 in round 1 from 3 quarters as was subbed off for some unknown reason. In round 2 he then pumped out a 70. Last year was a year to forget for him only playing the 7 games but in 2013 he averaged a solid 75. His breakeven for this week is -8 and could be cheapo jump on cash grab jump off type player.

sparticus · 13/04/2015 at 18:03

hi guys i've got travis boak who is a good person to trade in for him

Tulendeena · 13/04/2015 at 18:06

Van Berlo or Rich?

JPK or Kennedy?

If JPK, is it too much if I already have Parker?

james · 13/04/2015 at 18:09

hi all who is a good POD in the midfield, I'm leaning for Jack,Mundy or shiel

medadsson · 13/04/2015 at 19:37

All good for a POD. Mundy and Shiel have had blinders to start the season. I like Jack but he can sometimes play a negating role. Can't split Mundy and Shiel although Shiel may soon wear a tag but as with Mundy in the Dockers midfield who do you tag in the GWS midfield? it's like trying to plug a number of leaks with one finger. One thing to consider Mundy's 2 games have been against a higher quality opposition than Shiels. Toss a coin perhaps, they would both make a great POD.

bill · 13/04/2015 at 18:15

g'day community thoughts on upgrading Goodes to laird and if o do you think he can maintain his average

Sc newby · 13/04/2015 at 18:28

Ablett to rich and goodes to premo def???
Already have the right rookies and went to m6 with weak defence so good chance to fix that up now and still pocket cash.
Thoughts???

nathan · 13/04/2015 at 18:35

Gday guys

I dont have ablett but my thorn is selwood

Money wise he needs over 200 and is likely to drop 50k this week alone

Do i stick fat? And risk him losing 80 odd k?

Or do i look at slone/lewis and co.?

Tulendeena · 13/04/2015 at 21:24

hold

Craig · 14/04/2015 at 00:45

don't trade selwood mate. he'll come good and you'll be thanking yourself by year end.

Jake · 13/04/2015 at 18:41

I think he's worth trading, and here's why.
Ablett has scored 119 and 87 respectively. Most of the people who i discuss this with have a similar response.
"119 isnt too bad, and his average is 103. I'm gunna keep him, he'll improve.
Sure he'll improve, nobody can argue against that. But how long until he reaches the scoring output of a 734,600 player?

The way he's played, 5 – 8 weeks looks fair. And still, who says he even plays every game. He's come out and said he's not 100 percent, the Gold Coast Suns may rest him. Remember this is the same Ablett that could have won a Brownlow and carried the Suns to finals last year had he played on. Instead Ablett and the Suns decided to look to extend the length of his career by resting him. This mindset tells me he has a high chance of being rested this season. And one thing's for sure, you can't have 730k sitting on the pine.
If you have Ablett in your team you are BURNING MONEY! His breakeven is currently 227. Another sub-120 score only adds to your losses, and comitting to him after his initial price drop is a commitment for the season.

Here's why. The goal pretty much every Supercoach is to have the best team on the park come finals, and there is little doubt Ablett will be scoring in the top 6 midfielders during Supercoach finals time. So that leaves us with a problem, how do we get Ablett back in? Well it's not as hard as you think. And it's going to make you easy money. YOU ARE NOT BURNING TRADES IF YOU ARE MAKING MONEY. Realize that, and don't listen to people who regard trades as the highest stat of importance in Supercoach, because they are not. Your overall score and salary cap are much more important. Trading out Ablett is a simple solution to a big problem. Don't dig your own grave, cut your losses and get Nat Fyfe, Scott Pendlebury or Rory Sloane. These guys are proven guns, just like Ablett. Don't get caught behind, trade aggressively and positively and you'll be among the best.

Getting Ablett back in is hard for a few, but simple if picked your rookies and midpricers correctly. To get the great man back in your team you are going to need an estimated 750,000 to cover his price of an estimated 600,000 – 650,000 plus a rookie that has yet to raise in price. That seems like alot of money, and it is. But it's only the price of two successful rookies about bye time.
Getting Ablett back in will not only be cost effective, it will be a successful trade that turns a rough 1,000,000 investment (Ablett, 734,600 + Two rookies 120,000 + 120,000) into a 1,500,000 return in the form of two premiums and a rookie. You are not only getting Ablett for a cheaper price than you sold him for, you are cashing in on two rookies in one swift maneuver and saving your precious trades all the while.

Don't sit and wait for everything to sort itself out, solve your own problems with smart trading.

Mac · 13/04/2015 at 18:56

Wow

Dean · 13/04/2015 at 19:00

Someone said above about loopholing Gaz, is that a good option?

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 21:47

Jake mate, spoken with the passion and commitment to task this community values. Agree with you completely. We have 30 trades, it is plenty to get Gazz back into the team when he is right to go and tackle!

4rm · 13/04/2015 at 22:07

Spot on. Getting Gaz back later ,works just the same as building your midfield with any other premo mid. As we look at the best mids available when we have our war chests, if Gaz is the best scoring mid ,he comes in like any other mid . If Gaz is somehow not the best at the time we choose another. Last year I traded out Goldy after a slight injuriy in rd 1. Traded to Mummy, Goldy started slow lost cash while Mummy made cash. Mummy got injured ,made a stack of cash and on Jocks advice traded to a cheap Jacobs. Lots of cash made. He partnered Sandi , until Sandi slowed down then Goldy reappeared in my side . I went to league finals with 4 trades and won most of them. I also had a very high overall finish. As Jake says ,don't be afraid to trade. Be smart.

wayno1313 · 13/04/2015 at 22:48

Great post. Well done. Totally agree. You will not only be burning money but also points. Trading to Nat Fyfe, Rory Sloane will increase your point scoring than if you stick with Ablett.

Juzzy · 13/04/2015 at 18:58

Hi All,
I know trading Ablett seems the obvious choice. It has been depressing to any footy fan to watch him struggle.
But … If you are trading him you better be close to 100% sure that he won't be in the top 8-10 midfielders this year. I don't think it will be as simple to trade him and then "get him back" later. You are essentially using 3 trades – Gary out … and later -rookie down – Gary in for another midfield rookie.
It is not feasible that Gary will depreciate enough to be a straight swap for Vandenberg (scary thought though) or even a Rich.
I know we have 30 trades but think of how many you may need to use to get your team now to your perfect SC team. I dunno … maybe 20ish. Add a couple for correctional trades/missed rookies. Add a couple for messing around with Ablett out then back in …..
Cross your fingers and hope for no injuries during the year or late outs during SC finals.

I wish you all well with this horrible, horrible decision .

Mac · 13/04/2015 at 19:06

Juzzy, last year, Tyson and Polec both reached 500,000. Who knows, someone like CEY or Vandenberg might reach that 500,000 mark or get to it and Gaz may drop to roughly 550,000 if he doesn't perform. He has a huge breakeven and is set to lose money.

Juzzy · 13/04/2015 at 19:27

Hi Mac. Very good point.
      I appreciate that. Just presenting an argument for the positive.
      Trading Ablett is obviously is the smart move.
      Blind faith is making it a lot harder than I envisaged though ….

Youngster · 13/04/2015 at 19:25

A few seasons ago, Power to the People traded a fit and firing GAJ out and then back in and went on to win Supercoach. If you can win Supercoach by doing that, then surely you can argue a strong case when GAJ is injured. The money and points to be made if you trade wisely will put you miles ahead. I will be trading to Sloane as I already have Fyfe.

Juzzy · 13/04/2015 at 19:35

Hi Youngster,
      Quoting solid precedent. This is what makes this such a cool site.
      Thanks for your reply ….
      I just can't bring myself to hit the trade button just yet. Getting all sentimental 🙂

wayno1313 · 13/04/2015 at 22:57

Disagree. You are using one additional trade. Switch Ablett to a top 8 player such as Fyfe/Sloane. Then upgrade a mid pricer or a rookie to Ablett when he is performing. You will most likely save cash as well as you will pick up Ablett cheaper.

Juzzy · 14/04/2015 at 01:28

Thanks Wayno.
      You are right. I probably did over complicate things.
      Maybe I am looking at any reason to keep him in my side.
      Ok, I will take a deep breath and go through the same decision making process tomorrow

JJ · 14/04/2015 at 07:09

This.

Why do people think it’s three trades? The sideways to Sloane (or whoever) is one trade.

You would have painted the fence later to bring in Sloane anyway. Now, if you so choose, that fence painting will bring GAJ back into your side. You haven’t suddenly created a need for more trades. IT’S ONE TRADE.

Dean · 13/04/2015 at 19:02

I hear Lambert is having surgery on his shoulder and set to miss 6-8 weeks.

eatemalive · 13/04/2015 at 19:22

lambert out for 6 -8 , might use him as the loophole donut – Mid/Fwd a bonus

brundy · 13/04/2015 at 19:21

ablett to mundy wines treloar or danger
then cripps to bonts
any thoughts

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 19:38

Everyone is looking at this trading GAJ out and how many trades it will cost you all wrong.

It will cost you one trade and that is a corrective trade, SCer do these type of corrective trades every year at round 2 i.e missed a rookie or midpricer gone wrong.

I know what people are goin to say it will cost you 2 trade to bring GAJ if and when he does fire. This maybe true but it would have cost you 2 trade to bring in the gun (fyfe, sloane, pendle, JPK) that you replaced him with in the first place anyway.

So everybody need to calm stop looking to far into it and treat it as the 1 corrective trade that it is cause that is all that it is costing you.

thx Blake

Swans2012 · 13/04/2015 at 20:20

Yep some serious overthinking going on! I’m dealing with the to bont or not to bont situation myself. Have the cash just don’t know. i think it’s probably safer just to take him I guess, but have a niggle that he’s going to get tagged out of games…. Wish I couldn’t afford him and had to go Wallis but because I can I think I have to, to big of a chance he could turn out to be a forward keeper

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 20:56

Yes the bont is looking good but against very average opponents on the day. I cant help but see him as a trap, the only upside that may keep him in the top forwards is his tackling ability.

Without knowing ya team or who you are trade bont in with but you could pick up NVB and continue to have a look at bont. NvB will make up any cash you would have lost with his money generation if bont does end up killing it. And you have some rainy day cash left over.

Swans2012 · 13/04/2015 at 21:07

Yep I feel the trap closing on me but at 420k worst case scenario is wasted trade, can’t see him averaging less than 80 from here on. Decided I’m Going to punt Cripps for van berl as my second trade. Best of both worlds……maybe

Swans2012 · 13/04/2015 at 21:09

That’ll be wells to Bont, and Cripps to van berl. Feels pretty good lookin at the team after…. Locked

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 21:11

If GAJ to bont can you afford GAJ to sloane/lewis type and say cripps to bont?

And i would not be so slow to trade cripps do have say miller for the NVB trade?

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 21:13

Sry jus seen that it was well then that not a bad trade then.

Still dont be to hasty to trade cripps

shane · 13/04/2015 at 22:51

Dead right. I said same thing myself. Everyone counting trades is forgetting the premium they swapped Gaj for. I hope they bring in Rich instead of a keeper.

Kenna · 13/04/2015 at 19:43

Anyone here reckon Bont is similar to Fyfe.. Both wear the head band

Not only that Fyfe and Bont averaged in the 70’s and in Fyfe second year he averaged 100+… I think the same might happen for the bont!

throttlefinger · 13/04/2015 at 20:20

What I do know, Kenna, is that Bont is a lock for 2016. Can't swing him in now. Went back and forth between Bont and Swanny. Oh well. Sometimes the head and gut don't play well together.

Deano · 14/04/2015 at 00:50

Just wrote this for SCT mate.

The Bont Ultimatum!

Alright, here's my take on the biggest Fantasy question confronting coaches this week – to Bont or not to Bont? First of all, let me ask a rhetorical question; which current player most reminds you of the Bont? No takers……………………oh, that's right, it's a one way forum. Let me help, anyone familiar with

NATHAN FYFE

That's right, the Knife himself. Let's take a look at the obvious similarities:

– both very tall midfielders (Bont is actually 5cm bigger than Nat) that can compete overhead with KPPs;
    – both love the contest and are not afraid of winning their own pill;
    – both have elite agility and timing around the stoppages demonstrating their natural ability to read the play;
    – both love to hit the scoreboard.

In summary, both have every element that supports the CD scoring system. Enough of the subjective assessment, let's look at the facts. These are the stats for both players:

First year:

– both played 16 games after interrupted preseasons;
    – Fyfe averaged 72.5, Bont averaged 79.1;
    – Fyfe kicked 14 goals, Bont kicked 15;
    – Fyfe made 54 tackles, Bont made 55.

And here is the crux!

In his second year, Nat the Knife had a SC average of 108 over 21 games, including a 49, 58 and 71.

For those that had the foresight to buy him from the start, well done. Unfortunately though at $422K he will no longer be a POD.

Sent from my iPad

Janis · 13/04/2015 at 20:10

G´day community,

I will stick with him, as it´s HIM. Many will trade Gary out and then´ll I´be one of the few who has HIM when he´s back to normal. No doubt over here that he´ll be back soon, I´ve never seen & heard about a more professional player than Gary Ablett Jr.

uda · 13/04/2015 at 20:11

pendles ankle worry…. had had scans.. afl.com.au

seaford scouse · 13/04/2015 at 23:50

looks minor uda, one week at worst id say, much more pressing options this week! Hold and cover him with a rookie worst case.

throttlefinger · 13/04/2015 at 20:21

Excellent piece, Chicko! Lean and mean, just how I like it.

My advice: get him out now so you can use the money to your advantage. Don't worry about the trades if he comes correct. Due to a lack of tackling and centre clearances, don't think you'll see Gaz-like numbers until after the byes.

Would actually be better if he did what Lebron did and take a week off to rest and build strength without the punishment.

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 21:50

You are a true gentleman Throtts. Thanks mate and completely agree with your strategy on Gaz. Now becomes a bye round target.

Wattsieesq · 14/04/2015 at 00:32

Hey TF, how are ya?

How's the first two weeks treating you?

Cheers

Wattsie

throttlefinger · 14/04/2015 at 00:35

Wattsie, my man! How thee be?

Doing below expectation. 2046 & 2192 (forgot to set the alarm clock so miss putting Goodes on bench and Oxley in the game). Could be worse, naturally. Resisted trading round 2 but may kick out Cripps this week for Vandy.

Have the SC Gods smiled upon or smite your team?

@RyanRhino14 · 13/04/2015 at 20:34

I'm looking at trading Lambert to Van Berlo but I'd like to know if he's been tagging or not

seaford scouse · 13/04/2015 at 23:45

no tags for vb yet ryan

Stevo · 13/04/2015 at 20:44

Thoughts on Gaz to Bont for the money? Leaves me with 350k to upgrade either Lamb to Swan or Touk to Rich. Or save the cash for the rainy days

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 20:59

Gaz gotta go to proven elite mid premium trade like for like.

BKW · 13/04/2015 at 21:25

I don’t hate it but it depends what you do with the extra $320k – I’m likely to go to Sloane but heavily considering The Bont

Stevo · 13/04/2015 at 21:27

Cheers guys, BKW my original trades were Gaz to JPK and Touk Miller to NVB so..

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 22:35

I like those trade get rid of 2 issues in your team gain a gun mid and gain money generation in NVB

seaford scouse · 13/04/2015 at 23:44

you would be doing the same with the bont trade also, albeit a fwd gun but with considerable cash savinggeneration potential also. A lot depends on how your other lines sit also, Rance and Docherty both lookmgood options to strengthen weak backlines for example, Goldy in the rucks another.

Dermpf · 13/04/2015 at 20:49

Is it worth trading michael johnson for alex rance?

Stevo · 13/04/2015 at 21:27

Definitely not

jmy7 · 13/04/2015 at 20:55

hey community, i know this is a bit of topic but i just need some cleary up about the captain and vice captain loop whole thing???? how exactly does it work?? would love an explanation? great article chicko!!

the rip snorter · 13/04/2015 at 22:05

General loophole- put one of your hit and miss players on the bench and select him as Emergency. Then put another play who will NOT play on the field in his position. If the player you have selected as E scores poorly then you swap the player who will NOT score off the field and back onto the bench with the bench player who is yet to play- and only if that player that's yet to play will score better than the E you have set.

For VC/C loophole you select a VC who you think will score high- and if he does and you want to keep his score then you put the C on a player who is YET to play and will NOT play for his team (scoring a zero) then you will get the VC score.

Make SURE you dont outsmart yourself- you need to be 100% sure in what order each player you can use for loopholes plays their games. You dont want to try and loophole someone and then realise all the players you can use that will score zero have already played or are playing at the same time.

the rip snorter · 13/04/2015 at 22:07

PS and make SURE that the VC plays early in the round and not after your C has played.

Gazza · 13/04/2015 at 20:59

Who to get for gazza ? Thinking lewis thoughts ??

Currently have fyfe, keneddy, selwood, dangerfield, rich and obviously the gaz

Tulendeena · 13/04/2015 at 21:22

Sloane ranger

Stevo · 13/04/2015 at 21:28

Barlow

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 21:51

Gazza, I'd have a good look at Sloane.

Gazza · 14/04/2015 at 10:34

Just worried about having danger and sloane thanks for the help !

Mike · 13/04/2015 at 21:24

Is cripps a certain goner this week?

Stevo · 13/04/2015 at 21:28

No, he was only a late withdrawal cause of his back, I think he should be fine for this round

eatemalive · 13/04/2015 at 21:45

yeah, i cant believe everyone is trading him out with 1 game before he plays 3, there are others that need attention. Blues have mid issues ,can see him playing a lot IMO

lostlarrikin · 13/04/2015 at 21:32

Great debate stirrer Chicko!
IMHO if he can’t tackle then his scoring ability is shot.
Rocket has already conceded that finals are out (smoke and mirrors?) so no risk to the team in an under performing deity.

A famous man once said…Bang Bang!

Chicko · 13/04/2015 at 21:53

Thanks Losty old mate, completely agree. Tackling a key indicator for your midfield beasts – look what it's done for the Bont's scoring. Bang bang indeed!

the rip snorter · 13/04/2015 at 21:35

LOL!!!!!!!

hehehehehehehe…… hahahahahahahhaa…..aaaahhhhhhhhaaaahhahahahahahahaha!!!!!

People trading out Gazza????? What a joke!!! Anyone know who Gary Ablett Jnr is or what he has done in AFL footy???? Only a pack of idiots would trade him out LOL!!!!!!!!

Hmmmm lets see- NO preseason, NO tackles, NO contested possessions- in fact playing a VERY soft role and still averaging 100? What you thought with no pre-season he would continue avging 130??????????? Obv not- Obviously he was going to start slowly but he is too valuable in price not to start with. If he avges only 100 til rnd 6 his price will drop about 160K= and he'll still be 580K+. and 2 trades to bring him Hardly worth trading him out.

OHHHHHHHHH and for all those amateurs out there trading him out- do some research and listen to the LIL master himself.

He has been ORDERED by the coach and doctors NOT to tackle or make hard contests for the first 4 weeks— dont you listen to his interviews??? In fact GAJ said he finds it annoying not being able to contest the way he naturally does and said he's annoyed he's been told to stay up fwd and out wide for the first month.

And when he smashes out a 150 in round 4 dont all you losers that traded him out say 'ohh yeah….but….it was…umm….part of my plan to trade him out and then bring him in at the byes…..'

Anyone who knows anything about SC knows GAJ is the first selected. And if you'd bother to listen to his interviews rather than each other on here (Ohhh yerah- GAJ to Bonts is a great trade….LOL) then discussing trading him would be as laughable to every one else as it is to me

hahahahahaha- GAJ to Bontempelli??????????? Are you all serious….. LOL….. thats a funny one!

To the Lil Master- who would have believed you would ever be a POD in SC.

PS everyone saying trade GAJ to Fyfe- like fyfes shoulder isnt go to pop out and make him miss 2-3 rounds this year.

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 22:06

Mate it only cost you one trade that is it yes you will have to use two to get him back in when needed but you would have to use the 2 to get the gun you traded him for anyway. So yes i think the one correction trade i use is worth the 100-150 and the points ill gain while i wait for the GAJ of old to return.

While i do agree with you about trading him to bont is a bad idea, he needs to be traded to an elite mid.

Thx blake

seaford scouse · 13/04/2015 at 23:37

Ablett to bonts is a very sound trade to me given the circumstances. Bonts definitely looks like the real deal, quick, very mobile, exceptional decision making, tackles like a man possessed, can hit the scoreboard and is providing elite midfield scores for someone you can move into the forward line. High probability he will be a top 10 if not 5 forward by seasons end and available now at a price unlikely to be seen for years. GAJ likely to drop 100-150k over the next month, its a no brainer. Imagine you could trade back up to him for a wallis or rich or even more incredible van berlo in 1 trade, this is a possibility and its conundrums such as this that make this such a unique and fantastic game. Whatever people choose to do however always have a plan if not 2 or 3 to get the great man in at some point though, he will come good its just a question of when.

eatemalive · 13/04/2015 at 22:10

Take a look at the rankings after 2 rounds – No Gablett in the top 6 teams. If we picked or traded on someone who we think might get injured we we would all go mad. By the way what is your score to date ?

TRIGGER HAPPY · 14/04/2015 at 12:32

Abs just ruled out this week for ? Number of weeks. Gotta trade now can’t gave a $700k bench.

@GOODO71 · 13/04/2015 at 21:54

Interested by all the talk of trading Cripps. Outscored Dusty by 2pts in round 1, and we all saw what Martin did in round 2. Not to suggest that Cripps will bang out a 139 this week, but are people being a bit hasty based on only 1 game?

dognino · 13/04/2015 at 22:02

My thinking too mate. Should play again, will be good to have a rookie appreciate at a different rate too, can't trade all the cows out in the same round.

4rm · 13/04/2015 at 23:07

I think Oxley scored 31 in rd1, did anyone trade him out???

Swans2012 · 14/04/2015 at 08:49

I think trading Cripps is more about getting the guaranteed solid $ increases from van berlo (best 22 and scoring well not to mention adelaide soft draw) rather than Cripps being a bad selection, will go up but I think van berlo will go higher faster. And let’s face it its all about how quickly you can turn these players Into premos!

Major Mooseknuckles · 13/04/2015 at 22:08

After rip snorter’s invaluable advice I’ve solidified my decision to trade our man of the better part of the last decade…
Having said that (although I am reasonably content with my intended direction) any further credible advice would be slightly more welcoming than that of the SC genius of powder snorter.

GAJ – Mundy (attention likely to be paid to wolf)
Crapps – Van berko (winning team and likely to continue better output)

With Mundy’s current form and Van berlo’s increase in value I think it covers necessary bases, albeit for now.

Cheers community

BundyBear · 13/04/2015 at 22:18

The conspiracy theory is working well. So far most people have traded out Ablett. That means that only a few thousand still have him. The ones that have him will ultimatly be the winners. Just like SC is only a game. A game we all strive to play well, We listen to what others say and sometimes even take their advice. But what if the actual footy players were getting their own back and playing games with us ? Life after all is a game. no matter what anyone does, No-one gets out alive. I wont say if i traded him out. Its up to my opposition to find out if I did. Cripps ? Hmmm he is on my bench because he was a late out. Im thinking Meatballs is looking for something extra this week. Maybe Cripps will be the one. I dont know. Wish I did. But then it wouldnt be a game.

johnboy · 13/04/2015 at 22:22

Why O Why would you trade him????

First of all, if you get rid of him to save cash, you will be wasting a trade on a playing player; which is a waste!
2nd, he will still average above 110, which means his price will never go below 500K. If he goes to this amount, most coaches will bring him in (and back in if you traded him). If you bring him back in you have essentially wasted 2 trades on the basis of losing a max of 200k. It's ludacris!

shane · 13/04/2015 at 22:34

Its only one trade wasted. You forget that he keeps the player he trades in, which is possibly your M2-3 that you dont have to bring in. When you bring Gaj back in you are just getting him instead of the player you traded him in for. Maybe Fyfe?

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 23:13

Good point. If I trade Gaz to JPK, I won’t be trading JPK to Gaz in a few weeks time, would be looking at a mid priced.

Will hold cash and build war chest and wait for fallen premiums (Gaz might be the fallen premium). Many people are thinking of doing a second trade because they have some cash. No need.

Gold Rush · 14/04/2015 at 02:16

Plus it's not a wasted trade as it's a corrective trade, something that needed to be done for the sake of the team.

dognino · 13/04/2015 at 22:38

It's not so much the loss of $ , more the loss of points.

Flanno24 · 13/04/2015 at 22:27

Beams &gt; Sloane?
With no Rockliff to take the heat and with no other apparent elite midfielder (not expecting Rich to get tagged, if anyone disagrees feel free to say) is Beams going be able to step up? Honestly a much more lacklustre Brisbane Lions then I was expecting. Haven't seen much of Sloane but from all reports he seems the real deal, thoughts? I think I am most likely worrying about Beams prematurely just wanted to know what others thought
Note: I have both Saad and McIntosh though I don't have Oxley; I also have Cripps in the middle which could be traded out for NVB

BundyBear · 13/04/2015 at 22:33

I have Beams, He has been a BIG dissapointment so far

Flanno24 · 13/04/2015 at 22:38

He's making it tough for me!!

Joey Joe Joe · 14/04/2015 at 09:40

I have been thinking the same – Beams is looking terrible and Sloane is tearing it up. Basically the same price and Sloane is a proven gun. 1 trade could make a 30 point per week difference…

Its not like Beams still doesn't have some class around him in the midfield to help out – Redden, Martin, Rich and Zorko should all be providing him with some supply to get points. Not sure what is going on….

Itchy trade finger…

Flanno24 · 14/04/2015 at 10:53

I'm not saying Brisbane don't have other good midfielders, though Beams I would think would be the only 'elite' midfielder in that group where he was surrounded by Pendles Swan and even Sidebum at Collingwood
      Really thought that he would be a nice fit at Brisbane though he really is making me seriously consider a trade

shane · 13/04/2015 at 22:29

Trading Gaj is a tricky thing. You waste at LEAST two trades in you are aiming for the 50k. You need to remember that the money I saved from not having him was spent elsewhere which is what you will do too. Consider that I went Kennedy, Sloane or Lewis instead (have all 3) and spent the cash on having maybe Brodie Smith instead of a Lumumba type. Im up on points and trades and you have traded to make your team closer to mine. How do you plan on catching me?

BundyBear · 13/04/2015 at 22:34

Easy, A net or fishing line should do the trick

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 22:45

It would be hard to catch if GAJ scored really low but he didnt you are say 50-60 up on GAJ and 20-40 on the money spent elsewhere say 100 point and that being generous your not that far ahead at all. And yes understand your a trade ahead as well but willing to wear that hurt

Frank · 13/04/2015 at 22:41

Pretty sure i'm the only bloke in the top 0%. I have Kennedy, Sloane and Lewis, plus Fyfe and Wines. Plus all the required rookies and 400K in the kitty. The question is – How do you plan on catching me?

BlakeyP · 13/04/2015 at 22:48

Long season boys look at all the issues already in 2 weeks. Rocky and sidebottom being the big ones

Frank · 13/04/2015 at 22:59

I was talking to Shane BlakeyP, 208,000 are trying to catch the bloke coming first, which is me- agree with your point. Long season.

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 23:04

Who do you have in defence Frank?

Frank · 13/04/2015 at 23:11

Shaw, Mcdonald, Haynes, Docherty, Lumumba, Goodes, Oxley, Mcintosh, with Saad currently in my mid line. If you want to see my team though just go to rankings on SC. megawatt industrys

BundyBear · 13/04/2015 at 23:19

Is it lonely way up there ?

Frank · 13/04/2015 at 23:22

It is very comfortable that much I can tell ya. Just have to hold fort…

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 23:23

Done well Frank. A few risky picks in defence that have started well. SC won’t be won in defence this year, but it certainly will be lost there.

Girdle · 13/04/2015 at 23:24

You’ve done everything right till now, Frank. Hats off to you! While I’m quite sure that I won’t catch you, I am quite sure that SOMEONE will. Twenty One rounds to go. I don’t think any Rd2 leader has ever gone on to win the whole thing. Good luck!!

Frank · 13/04/2015 at 23:36

Maybe, maybe not. Not many round 2 leaders have over $400K sitting in the kitty. Thinking Goodes to Rance this week, plus I'll use another trade somewhere. No-one else really needs to go.

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 23:46

You doing great Frank. Keep it going!

BlakeyP · 14/04/2015 at 00:01

Agree will above comments Frank you have done well hope u can keep it up.

Dont know about Rance think he is fools gold but u are doin better than me

Frank · 14/04/2015 at 00:09

Good call Blakey, yeah will probably end up getting in NVB and Dickson, keep 570K in the kitty and let a few rounds pass by. Birchell's back now and Smith looks the goods for adelaide. Once a few cash cows are ripe I can pick off the prems I want without having to wait for new rookies to come through to cash down to. Might drop a bit on ladder but should leave me strong.

Girdle · 14/04/2015 at 01:08

Just for the record, I wasn’t being a smartass or trolling or anything. I really do wishbyou the best of luck. Just know that you have an army of SC nuts hot on your heels 😉

Frank · 14/04/2015 at 14:21

I didn't think you were Girdle, was a valid point. The target is on my back for sure.

BlakeyP · 14/04/2015 at 00:41

I think that is better option you get the cash generation from NVB. And seat and wait to see the real jems and use that kitty you got to snap them up.

Only been 2 game we have just seen a little snip of the new structure in the team and how they effect each player. Also there have been a lot of blow out on some game due to begining of season so some scores inflated. We will know in few week who the real premium are.

Jus remember its good to stay reactive but your in the prime seat everyone has to catch you.

Phil · 14/04/2015 at 08:35

Having 400k in the kitty might be a new strategy SCers take if you have some success with it. I'm 3k short of bringing in Heeney for Miller (damn you starting Read over Cox)

On the Gaz note,I don't think having to trade him out is as bad as some people are making it out to be. You get 2 rounds of seeing who the 'in form' premium is to trade into. For example I left out Fyfe and badly want him, but can't him without destroying my structures/plans. Gaz owners don't have this problem.

And I don't buy the part when people say you will waste 2-3 trades getting him in. They fail to mention the cash you generate too, which at this part of the season is important.

Girdle · 13/04/2015 at 22:29

Gotta put this in perspective. You’ve paid $734k for someone averaging 100ppg. That same someone isn’t even guaranteed to get through his next game, let alone back to his best this year. Sentimentality isn’t a good virtue for Supercoaches to possess. Trade him down to another elite and bank the rest for your next upgrade.

Girdle · 13/04/2015 at 22:33

** I wanna see him get back to his best as well. It ain’t happening soon though, I hate to break it to you like this.

Girdle · 13/04/2015 at 23:26

Fact is if you started with Ablett, you knew what you were getting into. Better your problem than mine.

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 23:00

First priority is serious long term injuries. Second is getting your rookies in. Third you look at under performing players.

Is Gaz under-performing? Probably, But so is Beams and Boak!

BundyBear · 13/04/2015 at 23:19

I agree

Juzzy · 14/04/2015 at 01:39

1: Rockiff … done
      2. Rookies …. fine ( maybe van berlo in)
      3. Underperforming …. GAJ …… oh really, surely not …. It's GAJ ….

r2d2 · 13/04/2015 at 22:39

Ablett to jpk ….. And with cash Bellchambers upto Bont…..thoughts ? Won’t lose too many points there surely ..? Help ?

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 23:01

Hold Bellchambers. He is going ok

G · 13/04/2015 at 23:14

Hi folks

Do you think is there any merit in replacing beams as more than likely he is going to drop in price by 30,000. If yes jpk or shiel ?

Frank · 13/04/2015 at 23:38

Doesn't matter what he drops unless you trade him which I don't think is wise.

Joey Joe Joe · 14/04/2015 at 09:54

Don't worry about the price drop – worry more about what you think the difference in point generation from another player is likely to be.

If you think Beams is on the nose and only likely to average say 105, while Sloane at basically the same price is likely to average 120, it is a no-brainer. Just think of it as a corrective trade as you would a bad rookie choice.

Ryan · 13/04/2015 at 23:20

Trading GAJ for Fyfe, but not sure what to do with my second trade:

Option 1: Hibberd for Rance
Option 2: Boak for Premium MID

What do we think community?

Derek · 13/04/2015 at 23:41

You don’t need to do a second trade

Jeff · 14/04/2015 at 12:09

Hibberd doesn't strike me as the big scoring type, trade for Rance while the prices haven't changed.

Nate · 13/04/2015 at 23:39

Hello community!
I can pickup 2 premiums
I have:
Fyfe, Sloane, Danger, Gray, GAJ and wells
wells looks dodgy….
Intend to switch Gray into the fwd line once i trade down Salem, hogan etc
I could get 2 of JPK, Bont, Shiel or I was thinking Rich and JPK i guess it just matters whether shiel is a top 8 mid for the year.

thoughts?

Ethan · 14/04/2015 at 01:40

dont get rid of salem or hogan. both have ridiculously low BE

Andy · 14/04/2015 at 00:15

Hey community,

These are the rookies players I have started with:

McKintosh
Saad (GCS)
Oxley
Goddard

CEY
Heeney
Vanderberg
Miller

Saad (Saints)
Hogan
Clarke
Salem

I can’t think of any other rookies that I need to bring in? I don’t want to trade for the sake of trading. I was a tight ass last year with my trades and I jumped into the top 1300 towards the end of the year as I had trades left over until the last round.

I’m only really considering Cripps to NVB purely on his cash generation but I want to see more of Cripps. Are there any other rookies that are a must so far?

Thanks !

Ethan · 14/04/2015 at 01:34

im befuddled with trades to make this week
Goodes has been below par and so has cripps but i dont have enough money to trade either of them. Would it be worth trading off one of my mids (Swallow or Steven) to get enough cash to trade goodes to someone decent?
or bank 187k from going goodes–>brown and Cripps–>Vandenburg

throttlefinger · 14/04/2015 at 07:32

OK Ethan, deep breath, my man. Going through the similar thing. Best thing to do is look at this through calm mind and focused eyes.

Goodes didn't do poorly R1 (68) and got the vest R2. His BE is still low so keep (if you can loop him with Oxley, I'd do that).

Cripps has only one game so you don't need to trade out. See if he picks it up.

Don't trade your midpricers. They have good not great scores but are still going to earn you money. That's the key when you want to upgrade them to a prem.

In other words, if Goodes plays, he's not going to drop by that much. Wouldn't rework your structure just yet.

Hope this helps defuddle you.

Ethan · 14/04/2015 at 06:58

1) Lewis or Sloane

2) TBC to Bont or TMiller to NVB

Very confused at the moment!

throttlefinger · 14/04/2015 at 07:27

1) Toss up. Can't go wrong with either. One is hot and the other is the best SC player on a team that's going to win most of their matches.

2) TBC isn't doing poorly and you got him for the ruck protection, right? Don't abandon your plans. Wait on Touk. See if he gets selected. Still could earn you money, although it looks like it may be a slow burn. Hold on #2 would be my advice.

Tony · 14/04/2015 at 07:07

Going for the cash –

OUT Ablett and Beams

IN Rich and NVB

Mac · 14/04/2015 at 07:48

Don't know what changes need to be made. Was thinking Gaz to JPK, Wines or Sloane.

Simpson, Shaw, Newnes, Kolo, Goodes, Saad, McIntosh, Oxley
Ablett, Fyfe, Selwood, Parker, Beams, Cripps, Vandenberg, Heeney, Miller, CEY, Steele
Goldstein, Maric, Read
Gray, Martin, Swan, Salem, Clark, Hogan, Lambert, Lonie

I still have 30 trades remaining. Not sure what to do. Advice is appreciated.

Thebighix · 14/04/2015 at 07:53

Don't have GAJ (first time for everything) but planning on jumping on him around the bye rounds (depending on form and price). Ran with Griffen from round 1 which hasn't been too bad an option; and is serious consideration to be player to upgrade to GAJ.
Question I'm asking myself: do I trade out Griffen now and get on the Fyfe train or wait and use him as the upgrade player to GAJ in a few weeks?? Given GWS have a reasonably favourable draw up until the bye rounds, leaning towards the GAJ option, however the Fyfe option seems like a silly option not to jump on at this point in time.
Appreciate any advice community!!

gareth · 14/04/2015 at 09:11

Considering KK & Cripps out – for Bont & N.Brown

this means my defence would be: Shaw,Murphy,Lumumba,Mcintosh,Saad,Oxley – Bench Brown,Goddard
Mid would be: Ablett,Sloane,Parker,Fyfe,Selwood,Bont,Vandenburg,Ellis-Yoleman – Bench Heeney,Miller,Nelson

Thoughts?

Brillsy21 · 14/04/2015 at 09:34

what 2 trades should I make out of these

Goodes for Taylor hunt/a rookie (ive already got McIntosh, saad, Oxley)
Cripps for NVB
Michael Johnson for Rance
Thanks community

Rick Grimes · 14/04/2015 at 09:36

Thankfully I pretty much nailed my rookies this year – thanks Jock et al. So if I'm going to trade it will be to ship Gaz out. I'm deciding between two options:

Gaz to Shiel
Cripps to Bont (swinging Gray to mids)

or

Gaz to Heppell
Miller to NVB

Community thoughts?

AM · 14/04/2015 at 09:53

H. Bennell to Bont
T. Miller to NVB

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 10:11

Gaz –> Rich
Cockatoo –> Heppell/ Danger/ Parker/ Wines

???

Pom · 14/04/2015 at 10:16

Hi community love you work. I had this great idea of having Bewick as a POD in defence, yea check me out………….
So now have to ship out Bewick and sadly GAJ before money flies out
Thinking

GAJ> Sloane (Already have Fyfe, Lewis, Parker, Griffin, Beams, Cripps, Heeney, Vandenburg, CEY, T.Miller)
Bewick > T Mcdonald (would have 480k after ablett trade)

Thoughts?

Nev · 14/04/2015 at 10:31

Lambert out for 8 weeks, time to ship him off ?

CJay · 14/04/2015 at 11:19

If out for 8 it be R12 before he's back as Richmond have R11 bye.
    The mid forward swing is handy but I think he's got to go.

PJay · 14/04/2015 at 11:43

Unfortunately another trade that must be made. This time of the season is about earning cash from rookies. Besides, if his recovery time is similar to that other bloke with a sore shoulder…………..?

Andy · 14/04/2015 at 10:51

Yep, just saw that. I’m looking at Lonie who is playing his third game this week (if selected).

Gazza · 14/04/2015 at 11:15

Gdday ladies n fellow germs,

Ok so im reading about about people trading in Bontempelli, but have u dont yr research,yes he will go up in money in the next few weeks but in sayin that, over the next 3 weeks he plays Hawks, Swans and the Crows. cant see him scorin anywhere near his scores at the moment. He should cop the tag from the better teams, i mean last year he had Libba to assist him but his Goneeee now,

Scores again the Hawks last year – 59….
Swans- 42..

Just beware the tag. think before hitting that Trade button..

Cheers

Jayden · 14/04/2015 at 11:50

I have Goldy and Minson in the ruck and TBC up forward, should I bring TBC into ruck and trade Minson for Robbie Gray?

Also took a chance on Troy Menzel at start, 87 excited me, 23 frightened me. Should I get him out or hold another week and trade out goddard for oxley?

Cheers

Nash · 14/04/2015 at 11:55

What's is more high priority at the moment.
Is it getting rid of Gazza
Is it trading out lambet because of injury
Is I'd downgrading goodes to oxaly
Is it trading out Cripps to Rich

What do you think community. Pick 2

CJay · 14/04/2015 at 12:01

Quinella 1 & 2.

The Bont · 14/04/2015 at 12:47

1. GAJ
    2. Oxley
    3. Cripps >> Rich
    4. Lambert

nick · 14/04/2015 at 14:05

well I have a question why didn't u start with rich and start with a useless player in crips I said at the start of the year do not listen to the hype of crips or jock as he is a shit player and why didn't u have Oxley at the start I would get rid of gazza but I never started with gaz as I knew this would happen with him

BlakeyP · 14/04/2015 at 15:01

Hey know it all i bet you have made some wrong pick before. How about you give some constructive criticism insted of just how good you are for not picking this guy and for picking this other guy.

To the original post i think that the best way for you to go is to get GAJ out for a gun and to bring oxley in the back. Cripps is fine he should be back this week. Oxley will make more money that if you go for the Rich trade and rich is not a keeper money gen is more important.

If you do go for a mid trade on lambert i would chose NVB over rich more money gen and crows have good run to draw

nick · 14/04/2015 at 15:43

trust me I have in the past big time and coast me my leage win I blew my last trade on robbinton from the saints and yeah I am not saying how good I am just saying that crips really did nothing and everyone listen to the hype then rich I think will get massive points this weekend I would go for rich or van berlow I think those guys will score huge wells was not old on him

nick · 14/04/2015 at 15:46

sold on and sometimes u need go with your gut and not go on advice from jock and other people etc if u think a player will be a big time player for u go for him I have learnt never second guess your self

BlakeyP · 14/04/2015 at 16:33

Yeah agree with but when it comes to cripps its hold for me if you have and he is named or ya just wasting a trade.

When it comes to rich a NVB niether are keepers so will need to trade up. Which mean you bringin in for money gen and NVB will make you more with leaving money in rainy day fund

Filthy · 14/04/2015 at 19:52

Nostradamus Nick…

slats7 · 14/04/2015 at 11:59

BREAKING NEWS on Herald Sun: GARY Ablett’s immediate future is in doubt with the Suns expected to rule the superstar skipper out indefinitely to allow his injured shoulder to heal.

Ablett has struggled through the opening two weeks of the season and it has now been decided he risks further damage if he continues to play.

It is not known how many weeks he will sit out.

youngster · 14/04/2015 at 12:34

Didn't see that but he is definitely ruled out for this weekend. More reason to trade him or more reason to keep him as his price won't drop this week and he may come back much better? Too much to consider….

Swans2012 · 14/04/2015 at 12:34

Confirmed out at least this week

CJay · 14/04/2015 at 12:36

I guess Chicko's question still stands in what to do with him.
    The up side is at least he's not a late out and we have the week to make an informed decision knowing he wont play 1(+?) games.
    Think most will be hitting the T key though.

Chicko · 14/04/2015 at 19:29

Hey CJay, I would be trading without hesitation. From the sound of it, he won't be playing for at least 3 weeks and may still not be right. Trade now so you have the full $734k to play with. Go for it!

Skinnynick · 14/04/2015 at 12:36

This is actually the best news possible! This way we can use our 2 trades this week to make sure we get in the right cash cows and then give Gaz the flick next week for a premium. If he kept playing he was only going to leak more cash and leave us with the dilemma each week of deciding whether to kept him or trade him.

nick · 14/04/2015 at 12:17

hay I have a question why have all of a sudden people are trading joel selwood out and mitch clark I mean only 2 games in and the suns this week watch selwood burn and get back to his best of 150 also I think clark will get a massive score against the week suns back line. just asking also I see people are dumping newns u do know he got 130 last year against the pies and I would not jump on rance or tom McDonald as when those guys play top arse teams there scores will drop massively and u have wasted a trade in this game don't u have make money on your team and save those trades for later in the year

Redgumwon · 14/04/2015 at 13:19

The is gone now. The Melbourne Herald Sun has just reported the Gold Coast Suns have said Gaz will rest his should indefinitely. Lambert is also out injured with his shoulder for some time

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 14:02

Huge news that GAJ will be given time off to rest his shoulder. I was one who started wiht him and I don't regret it at all could've gone either way. Now as well as the Suns I need to let him rest his shoulder for a while. Who is a better option for a corrective trade Rich or NVB i believe the latter due to his price and favourable draw. This move allows me to move on from Cockatoo to a proven premo. Thoughts?

derek · 14/04/2015 at 14:34

Gaz won't lose any value this week

derek · 14/04/2015 at 14:36

this is significant. He might not play for a few weeks, gets his arm fixed and come back ready to go. He won't have dropped in value by then!!!!!!

Redgumwon · 14/04/2015 at 14:42

Lotta money sitting on the bench when Sloane and JPK are about to go up in value? I can trade GAJ and bring in Sloane and upgrade Maric to Goldy and have $100K in the bank

BlakeyP · 14/04/2015 at 14:45

Not significant at all i think. To much money on your bench which will in the end = point lose.

There is to much up in the air when in comes to GAJ gotta bite the bullet and trade.

If come back and kills it you will have to work out that problem with getting him in then. But we are in the now and trade is the smart way to go

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 15:03

Derek I did think of that although once he comes back and plays one game his price will plummett regardless and the 734k on our benches can be used smartly. You don't want others to get a leg up on you who have traded Gaz. I am thinking of trading Gaz and keeping Cockatoo praying he won't get the subs vest then swinging Saad to mids to upgrade Goodes/ Corr (yes Corr what was I thinking)

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 15:05

Very riskly but I am thinking about it

derek · 14/04/2015 at 16:26

I agree, I will be trading him out. I was just making the point he won't be as cheap as we were hoping.

nick · 14/04/2015 at 15:37

give cockatoo a few weeks I mean last year I threw away a rookie after 3 weeks from poor scores then bang he come out and scored huge gold coast and in the nab challenge scored 85 against them

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 16:06

True although don't want to miss the boat on Van Berlo. Do you have Ablett Nick?

John · 14/04/2015 at 14:09

Trading out Gaz to sloane.

Tossing up between
1. KK to premium defender or
2. C Pearce to T McDonald.

I like 2 because I think KK still has upside and with Pearce stuck as tagger I do not think he can average much above 55-60 so little upside.

However, I would prefer to another premium lock and leave defender as I already have KK and Henderson as def mid pricers. Is T McDonald a keeper or just a midpricer waiting to come back to earth? If the later, which premium defender do I pick up? D1 and D2 are currently H Shaw and Newnes.

Stevo · 14/04/2015 at 16:52

If your worried about Pearce, then definitely trade him to McDonald. I agree with Clancee's tagging role, he can't win much of the ball and is new to tagging. McDonald looks pretty good really, the ball is coming into Melbourne's back half a lot and racks up the +6s. If you're gonna trade KK there aren't really many solid premiums defenders. B.Smith is a gun but may be rested this week due to concussion. Also, there Alex Rance but huge ?? around him. However he has had decent scores of 112 and 156 to start the season. Your choice

whitelinewombat · 14/04/2015 at 14:41

GAJ to: Sloan, Wines or Bont?

derek · 14/04/2015 at 15:08

Slone. Other two are not premiums yet.

@t_woof · 14/04/2015 at 15:53

Agree with Derek, have to take Sloane from that trio.

derek · 14/04/2015 at 14:47

what does anyone know about J Sinclair from the saints. played two games scored 72SC last game. What is his JS like? can he make us some cash?

Charlesy · 14/04/2015 at 15:19

I’m going Gazza out for Sloane at this stage but am concerned about Sloanes own injury concern. Perhaps jpk is a safer option. I already have Fyfe and Lewis. Any thoughts?

derek · 14/04/2015 at 15:40

not much between the two. How do they look for your Bye rounds? might be the deciding factor.

G · 14/04/2015 at 15:30

Hi folks

If you had the ability to get these players in your team, based on current form in what order would you get them.

Shiels. Slone. JPK. Dangerfid

Tyler · 14/04/2015 at 15:34

Sloane, jpk, dangerfield, shiels

derek · 14/04/2015 at 15:38

JPK, Slone, Danger, Shiels

@t_woof · 14/04/2015 at 15:54

G · 14/04/2015 at 16:38

Downgrade Parker to shiels and use cash sonewhere else? Thoughts?

donotgetridofhim · 14/04/2015 at 16:55

Mac · 14/04/2015 at 15:47

Will it be too much trading in JPK for Ablett seeing as though I already have Parker, Fyfe, as well as rookies sharing the bye rounds.

Was thinking Ablett to either JPK, Lewis, Wines.

BUT I've been doing some thinking about this Ablett out business. Since he is having around 3 weeks off, do we think it could be an option to sit him on the bench. He won't be losing any money, and when he comes back, he may be fit and firing. May sound crazy sitting a 700k player on the bench but could it work?

Thoughts?

derek · 14/04/2015 at 16:29

with Gaz not playing, his price won't fall as much I we had hoped. will need to think about getting him back in for near his full price and then having to take a price drop…will be an interesting time when the comes back.

Chicko · 14/04/2015 at 19:32

Hey Mac, I think it would be a waste to have him sitting on the bench for 3 weeks and still be uncertain when he returns. There are better things to do with the $734k!

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 15:49

I see many people jumping off Cripps, surely sticking with him one more week is worth it?

Also, who should we get rid of first Cripps or Goodes. I'm thinking Goodes. Who should I be getting for Goodes as a rookie? I have got Saad, McIntosh and Oxley as my rookies. Anyone else I could downgrade to?

Matt · 14/04/2015 at 16:16

Goddard, Brown or Hamling.

derek · 14/04/2015 at 16:42

there are no obvious Rookies to select in Defence. Although I hear Moore (son of Peter) is a gun and is very close to getting a game at Collingwood DEF/FWD, he is $182k and a bit expensive. Really looking forward to seeing him play.

Goodard must be close to getting a game at the saints as does Jake Kolodjashnij at Geelong.

If I had Goodes, I would just hold him and wait for defence Rookies to emerge.

OUS · 14/04/2015 at 16:01

I play RDJ and price changes haven't come into effect yet. Should i go either:
Goodes -> Mcdonald
Ablett -> Barlow (624k)
or
Goodes -> Mcdonald
Ablett -> Wines (517k)

Cyril is Delicious · 14/04/2015 at 16:09

With my left over GAJ money (GAJ>JPK), I can either go Cripps>Rich, or Nvb, or Miller>Nvb. I feel like both have lots of money to be made, which trade would be best community? Cheers!

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 16:13

Miller for me although with Gaz out his spot looks more secure. Depends on whether you have confidence in Cripps or not. I won't be getting rid of Cripps after one game bit harsh

derek · 14/04/2015 at 16:44

you don't have to trade, just because you have cash in your pocket. save it for when you can get someone you really want.

Cyril is Delicious · 14/04/2015 at 16:57

I want to get Rich or NVB as they will both make a large amount of money.

derek · 14/04/2015 at 17:04

Thompson back in team, will NVB be a good selection?

Cyril is Delicious · 14/04/2015 at 17:12

Hmm good point there, but he will still make quite abit of money. How about rich?

Chicko · 14/04/2015 at 19:33

I would say Rich will score you more points but NVB has the potential for greater cash generation

Matt · 14/04/2015 at 16:16

What are our thoughts on Big Tex? Had him from the start, but how often is he going to post 100+ scores? Is he worth keeping?

derek · 14/04/2015 at 16:46

every year I have told myself…no key forwards, but I still end up with some in my team and they burn me. every year, the same thing…. I can't help it, they seem so cheap and they have a few good games.. and just when I think I am so clever they go and turd all over the place. no no no

Tom · 14/04/2015 at 16:27

Ablett to Sloane / Fyfe / Kennedy / other premium
Any other thoughts?

Cyril is Delicious · 14/04/2015 at 16:27

FYFE

Gold Rush · 14/04/2015 at 16:49

I'm going JPK.

Gold Rush · 14/04/2015 at 16:48

Good lesson to all, when a player is playing with a major injury – BURN THEM in the short term at least.

Stevo · 14/04/2015 at 16:54

Thoughts on Ablett to Bont and Lamb (if he isn't named) to Swan? It seems a master stroke but I have EXACTLY 0 salary left.

Stevo · 14/04/2015 at 16:57

Or Pav? 139 against Port and 128 against Geelong is amazing!

Isaac · 14/04/2015 at 17:07

Pretty sure Jock mentioned it in the podcast, But stay away from Pav

Riley · 14/04/2015 at 17:04

Im not sure on Bont, played two average sides in West Coast and Tigers, Interesting to see how he goes against quality opposition in Hawks, Adelaide and Swans. Possibility he might cope the tag? I would wait 1-2 rounds on him just in case. Hold Lamb he should get plenty of games in a depleted eagles defence.

, Riley

Locked and Loaded · 14/04/2015 at 20:58

We will have to wait and see there’s no question he is a gun and if he can do it against the better sides we have a SC gem on our hands

BAF · 14/04/2015 at 16:57

After trading GAJ what is communities thoughts on better option?

GAJ to Sloane then use cash to get Bont in forwards?
Or
GAJ to Fyfe then use cash to get smith in defence if he plays?

Tyler · 14/04/2015 at 17:02

Who should I trade goodes out for? Have 200k to spend on him as well, so anyone between 350-450. Who to pick?

derek · 14/04/2015 at 17:06

hold him for now. Build up some more cash and trade him to a premium

Riley · 14/04/2015 at 17:06

Oxley, Saad, McIntosh, T. McDonald, Newnes ?

Connor · 14/04/2015 at 17:10

how do I calculate how a players price will look based on their average? say if G. Ablett scores 80 again this week his average will be 95.33… how do I calculate what his price will be?

Johnno · 14/04/2015 at 17:22

Sloane, JPK or Lewis?

Chicko · 14/04/2015 at 19:34

Sloane for mine JOhnno but you won't go wrong with any of them!

Dave · 15/04/2015 at 08:19

Community, is there any way to sideways trade Kane Lambert while still staying out of trouble? Is McGrath a solid option or will we see him vested? Cheers

Stickman · 15/04/2015 at 16:00

He'll likely be vested at least once, but with Lambert out for 8 weeks at least McGrath will make you money