Concrete Booking Agency

TG Footy Tracgic - DexterCommunity, as you are aware, for the 2015 season I have been bestowed the privilege of joining the Inner Sanctum – as such I’ll be dissecting the “player of the week” and whether he is value for money.

If you think there is someone to look at, let me know. You can do so either on Twitter or in the comments.

I’ll be honest. I didn’t really consider Docherty this year, as for a similar price i had the choice of Rampe, “TheGift” (Lumumba), Adcock, Higgins and to a lesser extent – Suckling; All of which I forecast for a similar or slightly better averaging season than Docherty. Add in the fact that Carlton’s season is looking to be a long one (Sorry Mick, but you’re blind – or ridiculously optimistic – if you think otherwise!) The prospect of Docherty at $412k wasn’t a bright one.

Considering Docherty is the least experienced out of the aforementioned; his stats didn’t scream “Pick Me”. His 2014 season (his first at Carlton, and third overall) yielded an average of 76.8 SC from 16 games. He averaged 18.5 disposals at 70% Efficiency (12.9 kicks, 5.6 contested), 5.1 marks, 2.6 R50’s, 2.7 tackles. He only cracked the ton thrice for a top of 110, and dropped below 80, 9 times. His numbers looked good, but his output was too inconsistent for mine.

Enter round 1, 2015 – Carlton played pretty ordinary, but Docherty played the game of his career. How are these for numbers: 23 Disposals at 91.3% Efficiency (15 kicks, 10 Contested possessions), 8 Marks, 2 Clearances, 5 Rebound 50’s, 5 Tackles, 2 Inside 50’s and a goal assist for 147 SC from 95% ToG. (Helped by 0 Clangers, 0 Frees against and 91% DE)

Granted; Docherty more than likely won’t replicate this feat – it shows he is capable of big Supercoach Scores. If Docherty can better his 2014 output by 5-10 ppg – at $412k he could be a bargain.

Was this one-off?

Yes and no.

Yes; he won’t get 147 every week.

No; Seems to be one of 3 main rebound defenders – alongside Simpson and Everitt. Neither of which amass as many contested possessions as Docherty. Yarran seems to be used more from the wing to use his speed for quick inside 50’s.

Docherty has virtually no risk of being used as a Key defender, as they have Rowe, Jamison, Jaksch and Watson to pick from. He also has a very slim chance of the vest, as Carlton usually give the vest to the smaller running blokes (Yarran, Menzel etc.)

Do we burn a trade to get him?

No. Don’t chase points.

Wait a week.

If “The Gift” gets another 60-80 and Docherty gets 80-100 and you “must” bring him in, then do so – but only if your other lines are good.

Round 2 trades should only be forced trades. i.e injury.

Round 3 trades should be “corrective” trades. Those corrective trades should be the most pressing trades. i.e. consecutive sub 80’s from an elite player or wrong rookies etc.

I have “The Gift” in my side, I won’t say I’m happy with a 73 – but if all my other lines are good come end of next round and Docherty gets another good score, i will seriously consider the sideways trade.

Well Community, what are your thoughts on Docherty? Is he worth a sideways? Should we move heaven and earth to get him in? Was his round 1 score an aberration? Discuss

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:19

Great work Dex, agree entirely right down to the bit were he was not a must have selection and highly speculative. Wait a week is the sagest of advice given his R1 score only stays in the system for 1 week.

Patch · 08/04/2015 at 17:22

Drafted him due on the back of Lek's advice and boy am I glad I did – but no in the regular gig. Not unless we see another score touching 90 next week and someone needs to get booted from the backline. Agree with you in they're in for a long hard year and don't see him being consistent enough.

Magnificent entry into the weekly columns, mate!

Chicko · 08/04/2015 at 17:23

Quality Dex as always, food for thought, but like you will be watching

Dools · 08/04/2015 at 17:24

Dex. Your Gifted one is hitting his avg already. Time to say goodbye to him . I can’t believe I’m saying this.
” intervention” lol

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 17:34

gave away 3-4 frees and didn't get the ball a lot. I liked the look of the Prince.

big upside, they pass it to him as he runs. I'm thinking he will hit a ton this week and ave around 85-90

I N Pieman · 08/04/2015 at 18:25

I ran the gifts av Over the last 7 years. Pretty sure it was 74.11. He posted his career av this week. Been over 80 once in his career. He kicks long to contests

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 18:30

Yeah, I only think that at Melbourne and a younger and happier environment for the Rastafarian might equate to more output.

Didn't Ledkog do a spread on players moving clubs and the potential effects on output? I will have a hunt for it.
        Edit: it's only 0.44% for first year! hahaha

Lets hope for my sake he bucks the trend

I N Pieman · 08/04/2015 at 18:49

A lot to ask Nate. As a pies fan I don’t miss him

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 18:56

Yep i agree.

Why isn't Seedsman getting that spot off half back?

Frank · 08/04/2015 at 21:22

I sort of miss him. He was handy.

The Ranger · 08/04/2015 at 22:52

I'll always remember H fondly too but methinks he flatters to decieve.

SideBySidebottom · 08/04/2015 at 21:13

He often kicks long to the opposition, or short to the opposition.

It's common for him to break the lines with dash and blast the kick to no one in particular.

Sometimes the legs and/or mouth go faster than the grey matter's capabilities.

Frank · 08/04/2015 at 23:49

He often kicked booming 60 metre goals that turned the game also. We've all seen him play for a long time, and he's the 3rd most selected defender behind Saad and McIntosh who should have both been selected in 100% of teams. He wasn't exactly cheap either. Says something. Good luck to him – from what you hear he's had a pretty tumultuous life. It is time for him to knock out some SC tons though….

tom · 08/04/2015 at 17:26

should Hamling play?

Didnt have internet access over the weekend so I didnt get to trade him out for someone like Oxley.

Is it worth me trading him to someone like Oxley (i'd wait til next week to do this) or am I fine holding onto Hamling?

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:39

Nah mate, hold him and get the best cash cow after round 2.

Jamo · 08/04/2015 at 17:30

Whose "the gift"

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:34

Lumumumumumumumumumumumba!

Dools · 08/04/2015 at 17:52

"The Gift" that just keeps giving and giving and giving etc etc

Youngster · 08/04/2015 at 20:47

Another bad score and he'll be "The Git" that keeps giving me headaches. I can't believe I picked him but a sideways trade to Docherty isn't a recipe for success either at this stage.

Frank · 08/04/2015 at 21:20

I thought Lumumber was coined "the Gift" from the self-belief he is God's gift to earth.

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 17:32

Why is this article about Docherty and not about the Texan?

Not chasing points is a good point but you could be missing out on some BIG BIG points for at least 4 weeks.

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:38

Cannot write about everyone Nate, could have just as easily have been about anyone else of note over the weekend, Yablett, Griffen, Selwood, Wines etc etc At the end of it all it is the DEX FILES.

Back on to Docherty, what if he spuds round 2 and pumps out a meagre 70. i.e. because of the consistency issues raised by Dex. All of a sudden the BIG BIG points you talk about are just not there.

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 17:43

Referring to the title of "player of the week". Not having a dig. Clearly Tex holds the mantle and would have been nice to see what people were doing as he has the highest percentage of trade ins about 8.5% or something around there.

Hitting scores like this are big talking points.

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:50

Ahh see where you are coming from re player of the week.

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 18:10

Hadn't really thought about Docherty.

I for one have enough risks in my backline but people who spent the cash on premiums might want to downgrade an under performer. Hard to turn it down when the form is there

Dools · 08/04/2015 at 17:47

NateCrows "Why is this article about Docherty and not about the Texan? "
    Well simple really it's about "Defence" and the title should have given it away 'Tex' was not in the header 'Docherty' was …Plus Dex is not a crow fan or even a fan of crows….They are called collectively as a murder…Dex is more a surgical SC Killer…So when he prints stuff and does not mention Tex It means one of 2 things …1.He wants Tex and 2. He wants you to choose carefully on a design on a trade to a flavour of the month / week player …….

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 18:01

Its a great article and transfers to any players who have scored big first week.

I have the gift too, I hadn't thought too much about Docherty. If he scores like that again, it's pretty hard not to bring him in.

I wish i had Tex too….

Not a murder in this case…

I N Pieman · 08/04/2015 at 18:10

The fridge is in form today lol

Dee · 08/04/2015 at 18:26

hmmmmm……. love your work Dex, very interesting! I had him last year for a bit but never really crossed my mind this year to be honest, I will be having a closer look at him this friday night…

KingBlue14 · 08/04/2015 at 17:36

I had Docherty from the get go so I hope he can keep on going with a good average, I also had Tex and Wines but traded them out late! Tell me I'm not kicking myself about that at the moment!!

brad · 08/04/2015 at 17:37

If Taylor Hunt has another good game I think I would get hom in , free up some cash. Looked good Thursday night.

@dimSIMpson · 08/04/2015 at 17:39

Went Lumumba over Docherty because it's what everyone else was doing… regretting that at the moment!

Holty · 08/04/2015 at 18:32

I wouldn't worry about that trade at the moment. Lumumba was tagged, had a bad game and still scored 73. I might be wrong but I think by seasons end, Lumumba will score more than Docherty.

Sam · 08/04/2015 at 17:40

What do you guys think of doing with Ivan Maric? Hold or downgrade??

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:52

Hold mate at least for this week.

SCaddict · 08/04/2015 at 17:59

He'll likely depreciate in value like all the $500K plus rucks will do to some degree, given these new scoring rules but nowhere near as much as Mummy, Sandi and Jacobs will.

Plus the Mullet gets plenty of points from his around the ground play that should protect him from the worst of these scoring change effects.

So that's a rather long-winded way of saying I reckon you should probably hold him for the season Sam.

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 18:18

hold

Holty · 08/04/2015 at 18:41

Was the NAB cup scored differently for rucks in supercoach? Just curious as didn't Mummy have 99 points until halftime in one game?

Locked and Loaded · 08/04/2015 at 20:34

Bit of an over reaction with this new system I think will have to wait and see after this weekend

AaronMagpie · 08/04/2015 at 17:44

whos the gift??

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:52

Lumumumumumumumba

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 18:01

lumumba

skindog · 08/04/2015 at 19:32

Really??

SideBySidebottom · 08/04/2015 at 21:25

Very happy we gifted him to Melbourne.

Brent · 08/04/2015 at 17:47

I'm thinking of bringing him in to replace Johnson if A) Docherty pulls another big score and B) Johnson scores poorly again

brad · 08/04/2015 at 17:55

Same mate, except I’m going Taylor Hunt if he cracks 100 again

cow roll · 08/04/2015 at 23:33

he will tagged a superstar such as Roughead, 3 games per season. other than that he roams free. Hold for now.

AaronMagpie · 08/04/2015 at 17:47

only trade im thinking is griffen 2 Rich?? should i trade or hold off???

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:51

Hold this week, round 1 trades are only for injuries and immediate correctives (i.e. correct a donut)

throttlefinger · 09/04/2015 at 04:06

Agreed. With you on the thought, Aaron. And have been vocal about trading out Griff. But we backed him going into round 1 and deserves another shot. Won't cost us anything. And he could deliver.

Avzmo · 09/04/2015 at 11:13

Yeah if Griffin gets another pie hes out, but if he gets 130+ we'll be praising him as the second coming of Jeebus.

Rich may attract more attention from taggers now that Rockliff is out, so I'd be wary on that one.

I think the biggest rule is that we cannot trade after one bad round, people fluctuate all the time, and get bad followed by good scores and vice versa, we need to ride the wave and if they are constantly high or low scores thats when we look to trade.

David · 09/04/2015 at 14:10

Make the trade! Griffen will get tagged again by Viney. Rich went into a few centre bounces in the last qtr when Rockliff went off and kicked 2 last qtr goals. Rich nearly $200k cheaper & believe me griffin won't be a keeper so get rid of him now!

3. votes · 08/04/2015 at 17:52

I also Have "the gift in my side" and will stick fat and hope he scores well this week. I was wondering what to do with Garrick Ibbotson. Scored 53 and will start him on my bench this week to put Adam Saad on the field. Should I trade Garrick Ibbotson? options I could trade him for or should I keep him another couple of weeks?

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 17:53

Hold for at least this week mate, then jump aboard the best train after round 2 if he spuds again.

yogi · 08/04/2015 at 17:56

Hi Dex…this question might be a little left field but is related. I for some reason picked Bewick in my backline and newnes in the middle. I have the gift too, but agree with u and will keep faith in him. But you recommend holding on to trades this week unless it's an injury…I watched both these players for their entire games and have no hope. Both ran through the middle and back were largely u tagged but just didn't show anything. I got newnes only because of the hype but geary,dustin,armitage,Stevens- too many players who'll touch it more than him. Bewick should no run, seemed disinterested.

My question is do I get rid of Bewick for Taylor hunt/docherty. I saw Taylor hunt and he didn't have a run with role all game…don't think he'll be used there, but would like ur opinion. Also with Rockliff injured do u believe rich will maintain his high score as I believe he is now no 2 behind beams to get tagged and will from the backline to the middle; but for his price (300 something) is still less than newnes and I'm sure will score more?

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 18:04

You bought Rocky in as a keeper, Rich I do not see as a keeper, therefore it is a two trade market, 1 down to Rich 1 up to premo. If you go Rocky to another premo 1 trade, premo output (hopefully) and team structure is maintained. Just need to plan to get Rocky back in.

Dools · 08/04/2015 at 17:57

Wow 3. votes
You have the Gift and Ross's Other Gift ballsy mate ….

Jacko · 08/04/2015 at 18:01

I have Minson and goldy as rucks

Do I downgrade on of them to free up cash to upgrade touk miller to Nathan van berlo and pocket extra cash for further upgrades

tom · 08/04/2015 at 18:07

In the same situation Jacko.

Not sure whether to stick fat with the rucks or to downgrade to someone like Bellchambers.

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 18:15

It is only week one lads, stick true think about it next week. Where I will probably still tell you to stick fat.

Jacko · 08/04/2015 at 18:19

Yeah but I have need the right rookies and dunno if miller will keep his spot ?

General Soreness · 08/04/2015 at 18:26

Then trade him into another rookie. Doesnt require anything as drastic as bringing in Bellchambers.

NateCrows · 08/04/2015 at 18:14

I would lock Goldy in but maybe wait till next week for minson.

Lekdog's video talks about this. He states that if you intend to keep them all year the money is irrelevant.

I N Pieman · 08/04/2015 at 18:18

Great article Dex. Can’t disagree with anything you’ve said. Cant see Docherty as a top 10 defender. And don’t think he can make much more money. Hunt is more appealing. But I’ll be watching both close this week.

Dan · 08/04/2015 at 18:21

Had him in and out of my team but eventually his awkward price scared me off.

Huggy · 08/04/2015 at 18:30

Herald sun reporting Rockcliff reckons he will be back in a fortnight. Trade or hold??

shezza · 08/04/2015 at 18:45

No chance. This sounds like someone trying to be a big man.

I N Pieman · 08/04/2015 at 18:54

Just read the article Huggy. He’s a gutsy bloke Rocky. Presents owners with a dilemma. If he’s only missing one week Id keep him. You’ll want him later anyway.

Frank · 08/04/2015 at 19:10

Rocky ain't coming back in 2 weeks. That was a puff piece by some bloke at the Courier-Mail. They are competing with League and that article smells like propaganda.

Regarding Docherty, he did look poised on Thursday night. He was highly regarded when he entered the AFL system, but injuries and such made us all associate his name with mediocrity. Definite breakout contender for mine. I would probably need an injury to trade him in though, won't be sacrificing anyone from my initial squad (Shaw, McDonald, Lumumba, Haynes, Goodes)

CJay · 08/04/2015 at 20:17

Huggy, like the glass half full approach mate but if you have ever had broken ribs, doesn't matter how tough you are it takes weeks to feel comfortable with just normal movement. Rock Lobster was very brave but it be a while before we see him again i reckon.

SideBySidebottom · 08/04/2015 at 21:35

He won't be allowed to fly for at least a month, mate.

nathan · 08/04/2015 at 18:31

Gday guys

Ibbotson, i want to hold but he hasnt preformed to what he needs too

Whats your thoughts?

I N Pieman · 08/04/2015 at 18:55

Give him one more. If he stinks it up again deal with it then.

shezza · 08/04/2015 at 18:44

Will Andrew Walker’s return impact Docherty’s input? Good or bad?

Jacob · 08/04/2015 at 19:34

I was thinking the same thing. Surely Walker would take points away from Docherty.

liam · 08/04/2015 at 20:02

Walker is touted to play forward this year. obviously with Carltons form this could change but with Daisy out and no garlett or eddie then we need Walker forward

Luke · 08/04/2015 at 19:01

Could you take a look at tom mcdonald? Had a 96 and 108 in his two nab games and pumps out a 125 in rd 1

Frank · 08/04/2015 at 19:12

Nothing to see there Luke – leave my pod out of it…..

Kev · 08/04/2015 at 21:47

Stella job at plucking him as a POD, Frank! Wouldn't have gone near the bloke based on his past scoring history

dognino · 08/04/2015 at 22:01

Avg75 for his first 3 seasons, up to about 85 in his last 5 games last year, and nab avg over 100. Great chance for a breakout. Only reason I didn't go with him was having the gift in my backline and 4 demon rookies.

Bob · 08/04/2015 at 19:47

Community, ive got goldstein in ruck and ryder up fwd. Thinking ive made a grave mistake by investing too much coin in 2 expensive ruckmen who could be down on scoring this year given the new points system. What is everyones thoughts on trading Goldstein and subbing ryder into the ruck, thus allowing me to bring in another fwd??
Feel like i should stick fat, but im worried i may be committing SC suicide….

Jacob · 08/04/2015 at 19:51

Dont think its worth trading Goldy out. He will definately be one of the top 2 ruckman this year so you'll be burning two trades in the long run. Its not worth it.

DigDug · 08/04/2015 at 20:06

If I can get Docherty for Ibbotson, do I pull the trigger?

SideBySidebottom · 08/04/2015 at 21:37

Hold.

tom · 08/04/2015 at 20:08

Do we think that Mumford will be in the top 3 ruckmen this year?

I currently have him but not sure whether I should trade him or not.

He will bleed cash but I will have to waste a few trades on getting him or someone else back in later on.

thoughts?

eatemalive · 08/04/2015 at 20:30

I have him and wont be trading, yes he will leak cash based on the new unfair rules however your trades are GOLD, i would rather trade up or down on a rookie as they will generate more cash in the long run.

Tofor · 09/04/2015 at 09:42

At the end of the day, you have to field two Rucks.
      Yes you're going to bleed cash on the likes of Goldy and Mumford but they are going to average 100+
      If you're getting rid of them, you're wasting trades, yes saving some cash, but also bringing in Rucks who are not going to get you as many points.
      Hold unless injured IMO

throttlefinger · 09/04/2015 at 04:09

I mean, nothing is definite, but if he stays healthy, he should be on top Ruck Mountain at the end of the year, Tom.

Have him and Goldie so I know what you're thinking.

Only way I'd trade him if he has another big game and doesn't break a ton AND NicNat's score again is not far behind. Then I may consider it.

Screwed up rules. And I hope they change. Punishes rather than rewards. Oh well…guess on the bright side rucks will be cheaper in 2016.

Ian Balfour · 09/04/2015 at 09:13

I don't think it matters if he is top three or not as with this system our $600k is going to get us an average of 90!? That money could buy a player who will average 120+

Phil · 08/04/2015 at 20:25

I'm not that sold on Docherty to be honest. If you started with him, pat yourself on the back, but if you didn't I wouldn't be too much in a rush to get him in. Brodie Smith is the one I want.

Kev · 08/04/2015 at 21:42

Reckon you're right, Phil. Don't see him as a top 10 DEF by the end of the year

David · 09/04/2015 at 14:15

For once some1 is using there head. Get the cash to get Smith in he'll be a top 10 def this year & that's what you should be looking for!!

quinn? · 08/04/2015 at 20:30

Does anyone know if league games in Supercoach start R2 or R3??

thanks!

eatemalive · 08/04/2015 at 20:42

Seb · 08/04/2015 at 20:44

BundyBear · 08/04/2015 at 23:42

Tyler · 09/04/2015 at 08:20

kevwal · 09/04/2015 at 10:28

tom · 09/04/2015 at 10:48

throttlefinger · 08/04/2015 at 20:32

Hail the Dex Files!

Great breakdown of Docherty. He was one that the almighty Wombats turned me on to…yet I didn't heed his advice. If KK doesn't deliver R2, might move him up to Sammy boy.

And while I'm considering moving Griff out this week, your no-nonsense reasoning about trading out players you threw on your side is weakening my resolve. May be worth a wait. Oh my brain is starting to cramp…Damn you Dex Files!

Sarah · 09/04/2015 at 11:40

Just remember all your trading last year Throtts, take a deep breath, and hold fire. It's only 1 week, no need for sideways trading.

throttlefinger · 09/04/2015 at 19:13

Hey Sarah! Right you are. While I watched the game and didn't see what I liked (and could foresee it happening many more time) am waiting another week. Hope he proves me wrong.

By the way, great R1 score, my friend! Excited to kick off Throttledome play this week!

Ablett · 08/04/2015 at 21:31

Join this draft league (code: 610629)

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 08/04/2015 at 21:49

Gonna have a good look at him on Friday night as seems to get a fair bit of the pill in the back half. Gotta upgrade hendo from the crows! Surely you are not gonna get a better game than that to go off ya SC tree? Hardly touched it which is a worry considering how much the crows dominated. Was gonna be my sneaky pod but cant have a mid pricer who goes 50? Anyone else got this problem or am I on my pat malone?

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 09/04/2015 at 10:28

Sarah any thoughts being a crow gal?

Sarah · 09/04/2015 at 11:44

Yeah, give him at least another week. You can't judge a season off one game. He played well, it was just that the crows dominated so much. Played through wing and halfback which are good possies for supercoach. Had 69% game time so he scored reasonably well when on the field. I'd hold another week at least to assess the crows new game plan and Hendo's positioning. Remember what Jock says about analysing each score individually. North were deplorable. The ball hardly went near the crows backline. It won't be like that every week.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 09/04/2015 at 14:24

Always nice to get some sound advice with stats to back it up. Thanks.

lolattack · 08/04/2015 at 21:49

what does everyone think about going salem to taylor adams? cheers

SCaddict · 09/04/2015 at 00:00

The Inner Sanctum boys are pretty keen on TA but I'd leave that one simmer for one more week if you can.

It will be interesting to see how he performs this weekend especially with no Sidebum there – could really flourish but let's have another looksy first I reckon.

Regardless if Salem can't show us say at least a 65 this weekend we may well need to seriously entertain these other options next week. I'd probably favour going Lamb (if you don't have him) at 117K if he can deliver us another 50 plusser so will be watching him with a purpose Friday night, along with Cripps of course.

Sarah · 09/04/2015 at 11:46

I honestly don't know why I started with Salem. Didn't like his NAB form, through the game against Freo actually represented his in season scores and my gut has been proven right. Played the bulldogs reserves and bombers top up team for his other scores which were great. Personally I'm thinking of trading him this week to Betts or Walker… I just can't decide which.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 09/04/2015 at 14:43

Betts would be a nice pod and he seems to be getting more midfield time. He like most crows on the weekend swarmed the roos and were everywhere.

BundyBear · 08/04/2015 at 23:43

Anyone know the lotto numbers for Saturday

The Winner · 08/04/2015 at 23:51

Yes but I'm not telling you them

SCaddict · 09/04/2015 at 00:37

4, 8, 15, 16, 23 and 42!

Sarah · 09/04/2015 at 11:47

Would be incredible if you're right. Hope you're buying a ticket just in case!!!

BundyBear · 08/04/2015 at 23:59

Could you at least tell me who to trade in for Sidebottom. I got Gaz,Beams,Parker,BoakLewisand cripps. Just need to find a replacement for Sidearse

SCaddict · 09/04/2015 at 00:14

Sloanedog is a huge blip on my radar at the minute and I may very well bring him into my own side in the next fortnight.

Also can't really go wrong with JPK or if you really need the cash either Wines of Danger probably warrant genuine consideration too, although I'm not quite as confident of elite production there all season long as I am with Sloane and JPK.

Fyfe is the other one we'll probably all need in our team at some point so just a question of whether you want to shell out the extra $50K over Sidebum to get him now or wait it out a little longer as I intend to do.

Jacob · 09/04/2015 at 01:28

Is Sloanes contract status at all a worry to you?? Especially later on in the year. There's also a few juicy midfield upgrade options brewing. Rockliff and Jelwood will surely have dropped in price quite substantially by round 10.

Sarah · 09/04/2015 at 11:48

Sloane has said he's on the verge of signing. It won't be an issue at all.

throttlefinger · 09/04/2015 at 04:09

Lewis, Parker or Sloane. Pick one. I'd take Lewis but you can't go wrong with any of them in my humble opinion.

David · 09/04/2015 at 14:16

WINES!!

SideBySidebottom · 09/04/2015 at 18:12

Dependlebury.

Will Swallow · 09/04/2015 at 05:21

So basically and I'm nut shelling it here

Down back we trigger "The Gift" for Docherty coz all he does is bombs it no one in particular. Mids Griffin on his bike for Lewis and up forward Dustbin for the Texan. Or just let this weeks trades go thru to Gilchrist. That's basically what she boils down to. 3 possible trades or leave it all alone….great write up Dexter File

Fourbells · 09/04/2015 at 08:37

Hello Will. I am thinking along the same lines. This goes against all logic, but logic does not win you games, only action does.
    Will Griffen and Dustbin bang out big numbers this week? Who knows. Can I wait another week. Maybe, then you have lost this round. Griffen was always a stepping stone. Step now. Wise heads never start with Dusty. Mistake no 1 this year. As crouching says Bang Bang. In the short term, better scores based on performance, less headaches and sleep easier.

Kev · 09/04/2015 at 09:10

Would let a few of those options go through to Gilly, Will. Lewis has an awesome recent history on his side so if you must I'd trade Griff to Lewis after this week if Griff has another shocker. Lewis is a keeper.

Docherty and Tex won't be repeating those performances very often. I don't see them as top 10 performers in their respective positions so I see it as a wasted trade

Will Swallow · 10/04/2015 at 06:13

Yep I think that's probably the right way to go about it. Save the trades. Still really liked Docherty's game tho, he read it pretty well, a lot of touch off the back of the packs and accurate disposals could easily do it all again at Friday night footy in "The House of Pain". We shall watch on with interest. As I'll keep an eye on Andy McGovern's lad at the other end – could turn it on again if he stays away from the pie cart. As for Griffin home game against the Dees and a possible tag shift from him over to Treloar or a Shiel. Martin had a 150 against the dogs last year so I'll hold but I just wonder who the hell Colliwobble plan to match up on the Texan, he could have another day out at Ian Collins stadium this Satdee. Tough call but holding at this stage.

Donavan · 09/04/2015 at 07:49

Rocky to who?

I have Ablett & Lewis as other mid super-premo's.

Who to choose out of Fyfe, JPK, or others.

This is a one-way trade, the only way Rocky gets back in is if Ablett goes down after Rocky has returned.

Appreciate communities thoughts.

Kev · 09/04/2015 at 09:05

The only way you you can go wrong selecting a super premo is if they get cut down by injury. All the 600+ mids (and Parker) are great options

G · 09/04/2015 at 07:53

What do you think, is it prudent to replace Maric with Blicavs and use the cash to either change defence Goodes to Docherty or forward Salem to Bontempelli?

Donavan · 09/04/2015 at 08:00

No, not a good move IMO.

Geelong have so many ruck options, that Blicavs is no guarantee to get a game each week. Also not sold on Docherty yet, Salem to Bont would seem a good upgrade though.

Tyler · 09/04/2015 at 08:19

I think that is a bad move. Trading Maric down MIGHT be a good move, but to blicavs? Trade him down to a Bellchambers or Berger, then use the cash only to upgrade a player who must be traded (Because of injury, suspensions etc) to an even better player.

Corey · 09/04/2015 at 08:05

tom mcdonald to h lumvumba?

Rick Grimes · 09/04/2015 at 08:35

So, who are people going to put the C on this week? I have GAJ, but feel it would be smarter to loophole on Sloane, with Fyfe as a back up. Thoughts?

Mac · 09/04/2015 at 08:45

I will be doing the loophole also. I will put the VC on either Ablett or Gray and if they fail, captain on either Fyfe or Selwood

Kev · 09/04/2015 at 08:58

Gaz will get the VC this week. Some really good options in the Sunday games if he fails (Gray, Parker, JPK, Selwood, Fyfe, Lewis, Beams)

I N Pieman · 09/04/2015 at 10:15

Think if you have Gary he needs to be VC. Think he will improve each week. A spud score & it's over to you Fyfe

Locked and Loaded · 09/04/2015 at 09:28

I have a theory community. If the new scoring system for rucks was so detrimental to their scores wouldn't their projections also be down. The scores would have to be projected on the basis of the new scoring system. Projections have not suffered. Thoughts?

tom · 09/04/2015 at 10:47

I think the projections might be going off averages and recent scores or something like that.

SCaddict · 09/04/2015 at 11:55

Yeah I believe the projections have nothing to do with revisions to any scoring formulas only past performances.

So the projections will eventually fall in line as ruck averages decline throughout the comp over time.

If again no rucks go large this weekend, across all 9 games, the empirical evidence will be pretty irrefutable.

Locked and Loaded · 09/04/2015 at 11:02

Tom yes thats how they usually work although how can those averages be relevant with a different structure. If I am paying to subscribe to SC gold I don't want irrelevant info

Locked and Loaded · 09/04/2015 at 11:05

Sorry Tom meamt to reply to you post

Corey · 09/04/2015 at 11:22

Should I start with Salem or hogan this week, one of them have to sit on my bench

SCaddict · 09/04/2015 at 12:07

It's a coin flip Corey. You could make an argument either way and be proven either right or wrong come Saturday. I'd probably favour sticking with Salem one more week but that's pure gut feel.

I N Pieman · 09/04/2015 at 12:58

Agreed. I think we will see some poor & good scoring from Salem. If Bartel is out I will have to have both on the ground. But if Bartel plays I will have Salem as the preference. I think that was one of the better scores we will see from Hogan.

SCOTLAND THE BRAVE · 09/04/2015 at 14:29

Jock is big on Salem. So if jock is on board it’s good enough for me to give him another week.

Corey · 09/04/2015 at 18:05

Perfect, I’ll stick with Salem for this week

Chris · 09/04/2015 at 12:35

Docherty played 16 games last season (his 3rd) off the back of only 20% preseason and averaged 76. This year he did 85% of the preseason and will average 95+ (big call I know).

Must have in my book, even if you missed his 147 last week. Reckon he'll post another 90+ score this week and everyone who doesn't have him should jump on if they have the opportunity.

julz · 09/04/2015 at 13:41

Understand the hold fire thoughts this wk but there’s one guy not many are mentioning (maybe cos not many were stupid enough to put him in their team). DELEDIO.

What do we do? Normally one wk off suspended wouldn’t bother me but am concerned he got subbed off sounds like he will be managed with his achilles issue. LIDS has a pretty hefty price for a fwd and I’m starting to doubt his keeper status.

$100k in bank by downgrading to Tex or the Bont is tempting me… Thoughts?

Jester · 10/04/2015 at 00:50

Agreed. I traded Lids out of my team today for this reason Julz.

G · 10/04/2015 at 07:43

Folks need your opinion

Should I replace T.Miller to J. Andersen and t.lamb to McGrath ? Or is it a waste of trades?